[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An mtg manga?/MTG EDH general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: id=200548.jpg (212KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
id=200548.jpg
212KB, 500x500px
apparently Wizards of the coast cooperated with a japanese company to produce a manga/instructional booklet explaining the rules of mtg in the form of a Manga. this was unexpected even for an mtg midfag like myself. here is the link to the translated version i found http://imgur.com/a/P6wKX . otherwise discuss general EDH stuff in this thread.
>pic is related only because its the only other example i can think of when Wizards did something Japanese/anime themed.
>>
>>52998450

Anime Chandra is Cute! CUTE!
>>
File: 1468696407586.png (217KB, 343x344px) Image search: [Google]
1468696407586.png
217KB, 343x344px
>>52998450
Smug Lily deck when?
>>
File: Chi-Topostsu Kami.jpg (61KB, 670x420px) Image search: [Google]
Chi-Topostsu Kami.jpg
61KB, 670x420px
>>52998450
>>pic is related only because its the only other example i can think of when Wizards did something Japanese/anime themed.
> Yfw they actually do a return to Kamigawa
> They won't.
>>
File: 205.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
205.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>52998450

Honestly I'd prefer weeb-Magic art compared to the incredibly boring art they have now.

That or bring back Rebecca Guay so it actual feels like a fucking fantasy game again.
>>
File: Duel_Masters_Manga_-_Volume_1.jpg (92KB, 316x500px) Image search: [Google]
Duel_Masters_Manga_-_Volume_1.jpg
92KB, 316x500px
>>52998450
In 1999, inspired by the success of Yu-Gi-Oh! series, Wizards of the Coast licensed Magic: The Gathering for a manga series called Duel Masters by Shigenobu Matsumoto. The company was not, however, entirely happy with Matsumoto's take on the concept (a series based on people playing Magic rather than one actually set in the fictional worlds of the game). For this reason, they never imported the manga to the US, and were reluctant to greenlight an anime. They worked around the problem by inventing a new card game also called "Duel Masters"* , essentially "Magic lite", to be used in the anime.
This new anime proved popular enough that a TCG was actually created after it, again called "Duel Masters". Anything from the franchise from this point on, including later Japanese manga as well as American-created comic,) would use Duel Masters cards instead of Magic: The Gathering cards.
>>
>>52998450
Jesus, OP. This thread is a fucking trainwreck. Not only you don't even know what are you talking about (>>53001270), but also there is already an EDH thread, do you even know how to use the catalog?

I guess we can discuss anime MTG, I really dig those artist in Pivix, also >>53000173 knows what's up, that guy has some busty and cute Chandra, Nissa and Avacyn.

As for a Jacetice League anime, I highly doubt it. If they ever did an animated series it would be like the Justice League cartoon style, square jaws and all that. Dunno what's the studio who make those.
>>
File: 1487783930107.gif (2MB, 390x220px) Image search: [Google]
1487783930107.gif
2MB, 390x220px
>>53000809
I wonder how much (((they))) paid lesley jones to use her likeness
>>
>>52998450
Bought two when they came out. Still use the alt-art Jace and Chandra, even if Chandra blows. Kind of a shame they never did this with the other duel decks, but I guess there would be players in each country miffed about not getting one art or the other.

>>53002693
I would love a MtG anime as long as it was written like it was a 90s anime; I'd prefer Magic: The Terrible But Interesting Cartoon to Magic: The Super Long Light Novel Title Where Everything Is A JRPG Reference or Lesbian Teasing.
And it wouldn't be hard to write.
>big bad is Bolas, general Tezzeret and AnimeOP
>Chandra/Jace goes from plane to plane, one plane per episode or two, solving problems in the wake of the generals
>season finally involves the team wasting OP villain
Throw in decent action and cool backgrounds. There, an anime with writing on par with Magic.
>>
>>53003843
Who needs to pay for likenesses? If they can't prove it's their likeness, you're home free.
>>
>>53000809
I miss the old art. Even as recently as Khans block the art was reasonably good but it's taken a dump on itself recently. What would it take for Wizards to pay for good art again?
>>
>>52998450
This is adorable.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.