[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever played a True Neutral character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1493616998529.jpg (214KB, 1280x694px) Image search: [Google]
1493616998529.jpg
214KB, 1280x694px
Have you ever played a True Neutral character?
>>
>>52997959

No, mainly because it feels hazardous to play something without a opinion.

Trying to conform to everyone's myriad standpoints in reallife has given me enough of a taste of that thanks.
>>
>>52997959
I only play true neutral characters, but only as a starting point for that character so they can develop into another alignment depending on where the game takes them.
>>
File: 31.jpg (9KB, 225x172px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
9KB, 225x172px
>>52997959
To get in character I stayed home and didn't attend a session, my neutrality was so neutral that it had no impact at all.
>>
>>52997998

This guy gets it. If you begin the game TN and end it TN you did something wrong. It's a transition alignment.
>>
Yes, I enjoy it. I like the guy who does good because it benefits himself, and avoids evil more because of cost/gain than his conscience. I've never done a full on cool and calculating guy or a strictly neutral, never good never evil type though.
>>
Played a more militant TN dude a couple times, really enjoyed it.

Was basically just about telling the gods to get off the material plane, because they were causing all sorts of issues.
>>
The bast majority of humans are true neutral. Also, stop using alignment as a character descriptor.
>>
>>52998269
TN doesn't have to be about a lack of strong beliefs, it can be a pretty legit place to stay in or develop into for a character.

People strongly attached to their place in the world, would-be heroes that come to a compromise on who it really is they want to protect, the once monstrous that learn to understand the consequences of their actions. There're aspects to neutral on the Y-axis that're really underplayed outside of 3.X Druid flavourings.
>>
Yes. It wasn't my favorite character but I did put more sessions into it than most. I'd say it was interesting to see how it works but it didn't make for stories I could be proud of.
>Shit ton of weakling skellies popping up everywhere
>Round 1 they show they can deal damage, are very numerous, but have low hit points
>Round 2 I walk to a corner. Turn around. Blast most of the room with Burning Hands
>Most of the skellies drop. Teammates got singed. They're pissed in and out of character at me
>By my estimates and my sorc's judgement, they took a small fraction of the damage they would have and finished the battle in 3 rounds instead of a slogfest. This was the desired result. High minded concepts don't really matter to him
I prefer playing the dumb/idealistic hero type, fighting hopeless battles the "right" or "noble" way. Though I'm sure there are other ways to play Neutral.
>>
>>52997959
I considered it. But I realized I'd be going from an idealistic healslut to a healslut that's not even supposed to be here today. Which to be fair could have been awesome if I stuck to it, but it just didn't seem as fun.
>>
Maybe
The guy didn't give two shits about anything that didn't lead to increasing his knowledge of magic

Whether he burned down an orphanage or saved it didn't matter to him as long the guy who hired him payed in magical tomes, scrolls and items

He was generally pleasant to be around but he made it clear that he essentially lacked any real morality though he wouldn't jeopardize a mission once he accepted it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.