[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 72

File: 1471512236754.jpg (230KB, 877x587px) Image search: [Google]
1471512236754.jpg
230KB, 877x587px
Giantdad Bass Canon edition
You Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine edition

An Ordinatus with beats get Vetock to talk, we showed each other our collections, and the backgrounds continued to pour in. We pondered boring IW schemes and unchaotic traitors, analyzed a bunch of Pride of the Legion lists, and were regaled with tales of poor rolls for the sons of Dorn at Operation Molten Storm. All this and more in the last thread >>52968575

>THE PASTEBIN WHENCE TO BEGIN
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3
>>
Crap, mislabeled the subedition. Someone else do it next time.
>>
>>52997298
What could be done to make the Word Bearers and Night Lords into something more than saturday morning cartoon villians?
>>
File: 1394167684867.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1394167684867.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
This is a HHG PSA. Remember, do not reply to tripfags, do not acknowledge tripfags, and deny tripfags the attention they so desperately crave.
>>
>>52997406
You're acting more of an attention whore than any namefag has recently.
Are you going to post content sometime?
>>
>>52997298
No Gods, No masters, Snek mechanicus rule!
>>
hello lads, anyone know what the naming traditions for veteran squads are? are they just numbered off, or do they have actual names based on the sarges and whatnot?
>>
>>52997380
The Night Lords have ADB's stories that help make them out to be more well-rounded characters.

They're still horrible people, but have the capacity to be tolerant, contemplative, and even having decent relationships with their non-Astartes subordinates.
>>
>>52997439
Depends on the Legion, which one are you playing?
>>
>>52997439
The scale of the legions means you make it up yourself unless they're modelled as a unit that already has lore i.e. Siggy and his templars.
>>
File: Doomrider_Bike.jpg (111KB, 466x462px) Image search: [Google]
Doomrider_Bike.jpg
111KB, 466x462px
>>52997380
They did a good enough job with the Lorgar, Argel Tal, and Curze, but you've still Erebus and Kor Phaeron as stereotypical baddies and the Night Lords in Pharos don't even act like Night Lords. They wouldn't charge into heavy fire.

The Word Bearers, at least, need less infighting. You don't see loyalist legionnaires mistrusting each other and, as a result, being sent on suicide or distraction missions. It's heavily implied that Lorgar could do without the guys he sent to Calth and on that Furious Abyss storyline.

It's hard with the Night Lords because they're psychopaths, but ADB's M41 NL trilogy works well. He gave them a moral code of their own and some motivation. That's what it takes.
>>
>>52997457
doing Iron Hands, getting a veteran squad nearly done and want to embellish them a little for tourneys and whatnot
>>
How do you go about modeling vets to be different for your army? Looking to make a few squads for my SoH and aside from giving everyone a cloak, I can't think of other bits of flair I can do to clearly distinguish them from other squads. They will all have combi-guns, but I still want to customize the squads more visually.
>>
File: hhg.jpg (912KB, 3112x2340px) Image search: [Google]
hhg.jpg
912KB, 3112x2340px
>>52997406
>>
>>52997482
Give them a backstory, or play some games with them and let them gather history. My friend has a commissar he's had since the dawn of fifth that has a kill count on his coat, that covers his entire coat, so now he has an old inquisition scribe model following him around to keep count
>>52997532
I have mine with different gubbins depending on their job. My snipers get ocular upgrade heads and my weaponmasters, in addition to having swords, have bare heads for manly man fighting, while my glue squad that changes each game simply all have all the bits and pieces-grenades, holstered knives/pistol and a severed helmet on their belt, painted loyalist colours with the sarge having his predecessor as squad sarge on his belt.
>>
>>52997482
Then it will probably be a mixture of the clan they came from, along with the deeds they have done in battle. IH are subtly Scottish, with their clans and underdog past. Something where they are named for perseverance would be good.

EX: A beleaguered group of tactical marines and the few remaining support squad brothers from Clan Kaargal held off near countless waves of some Xenos threat as a comms issue made the bulk of the Iron Hands force move to a different sector.
Bearing down upon them from all sides this hardy group of marines numbering on 13 on the first day, lasted six days and six nights of near constant fighting.
So the 'Kaargal Eternals' or 'the Highland brothers' might work I dunno a lot about the Scots

>>52997532
I model them with trophies of past battles or badges of honor.
With the models I have refreshed since I first started playing SW, I have added bits from the enemies I have played against- Nids, Orks, and Chaos space marines.
In order, it has been 'remembered scars' as battle damaged for both Nids and Orks, and battlefield pick ups from the Chaos space marines, things that would generally be untainted like pouches or knives, with a lot actually having CSM armor bits.

The badges of honor are bits from the SM Sternguard box, as mark the marines as Terran vets or as veterans from long campaigns. Some have oaths of the moment, some even have gifts from other legions like a Huscarl from one of my Slayer squads has a suit of armor from the Raven Guard.
>>
>>52997602
You shitpost more than a tripfag, you know that?
>>
>>52997679
I know.

I don't care.
>>
Working on a balanced Custodes list at 2500; how does this look?

HQ: Legio Custodes Tribune w/ Praesidium Shield, Cyber-Familiar, Melta Bombs, Digital Weapons, and Paragon Spear 275pt

Elites: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought w/ Dreadspear 240pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla/Sentinel WarBlade and Melta Bombs 310pt

Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ Melta Bombs 300pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla and Solerite Power Gauntlet 325pt

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Pallas Grav-Attack Squad of 2 w/ Extra Armor 180pt

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Pallas Grav-Attack Squad of 2 w/ Extra Armor 180pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ Twin-Linked Arachnus Heavy Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ Twin-Linked Arachnus Heavy Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Total = 2500pt
>>
>>52997298
>>52997322
Thanks for the bread. Are you from Oceania? I have to know
>>
File: swearing.jpg (85KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
swearing.jpg
85KB, 500x475px
>>52997792
Fuck you and your fucking shield tribune, that is all you need to know.
>>
>>52997473
Honestly I think part of the point of Erebus and Kor Phaeron is they're supposed to be stereotypical bad guys.
>>
>>52997792
>shield and familiar tribune
>balanced
Come on, you're better than this
>>
>>52997830
The fact that people get mad about Shield Tribunes just makes people want to take them more, you know.

Getting mad at anon probably only feeds the fire.
>>
>>52997856
its cool my meta is pretty much narrative driven for 90% of events and that means I get to pick opponents, anon can enjoy me just grinning when he asks for a game and saying no thanks mate.
>>
>>52997473

It's not even an implication- the fluff has since established that all of the Word Bearers in the Calth assault were deliberately sent because they were too aggressive or erratic to be of use in the legion.

It was literally a suicide mission.
>>
>>52997850
>>52997830
This tickle your fancy more?

HQ: Legio Custodes Tribune w/ a pair of Solerite Power Talons, Cyber-Familiar, Melta Bombs, and Digital Weapons 255pt

OR Constantin Valdor (All Legio Custodes now have Teleportation Transponders) 275pt

Elites: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought w/ Dreadspear 240pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla/Sentinel WarBlade and Melta Bombs 310pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 275pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla and Solerite Power Gauntlet 325pt

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Pallas Grav-Attack Squad of 2 170pt

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Pallas Grav-Attack Squad of 2 170pt

Total = 3000pt
>>
>>52997877
>Not playing someone over one model

What a fucking loser you are.
>>
>>52997679
Shitposting in hhg is fun. Shitposting about degenerate furfags in hhg is better.
>>
>>52997898
more like the entire army senpai, the HQ rubbish is just a great red flag for the type of mindset that goes into full custodes armies. I played one on the weekend, his was half painted and he salty, was exactly as expected and not a lot of fun, I still won though.
>>
>>52997950
>>52997898
I havent won against them yet as nightlords, its to the point where i dont even bother. I've got a positive w/l against space yiffs and i've onlylost against thousand sons when he proxied magnus, but custodes can't be beaten. I either ignore my army and make a generic list of plasmaspam and artillery, or dont play custodes. For me, they're mostly good hobby people with painted or mostly-painted armies, its just that the army is insanely unbalanced against legion lists and the shield-tribune is the biggest indicator of that brokenness.
>>
>>52997950
>>52997970

Custodes list/player here; I made the Tankibune for fun, but I primarily use other models because I know they're a real cluster. I use Ixion Hale as Valdor or two of my other Shield Captains and the Tankibune rarely sees battle against anything that isn't Primarch deathstars.

This entire army is painted and I refuse to use unpainted models. I've played for ten years and I play for fun, winning doesn't matter.
>>
>>52997844
I agree. Sympathetic traitors are great but the whole point of the Word Bearers is cartoon villainy. Argel Tal was too good for them.
>>
>>52997970
>>52997994
Has anyone seen Custodes vs. Daemons battle? Curious on how it goes.
>>
>>52997811
No, I'm in California. Brought work home.
>>
>>52998024
Custodes in general are kinda shit unless you spam Caladii and Agamati; against hordes things just get worse, since low attack volume and high AP mean fuck all against daemons.
>>
>>52997994
>>52997994
See, thats great, you seem like a cool guy, but i still wouldnt play you, because in six games i think i've killed a grand total of two three-man units of sentinels, one dread and two transports. The sentinels were objective-squatting and got jumped by Konrad and his big pile of assault marines, anything more than three and they grind me down while the rest of their squads dogpile me. The dread was a lucky explodes by a terror squad meltabomb, which was entirely dice luck. The custodes are just hard-counters to anything i own. Winning doesnt matter, the game is fun either way, but im not going to be the neighborhood punching-bag because thats not a game, its a farce on the level of taudar vs orks in regular 40k.
>>
>>52998126
By what i've killed, thats wiped out units. I've chipped off one or two banana-men from bigger units pretty often but they've always wiped me out before i've finished killing them. This is with nightlords who are usually at i5, and +1 to wound and hit.
>>
>>52997950
>I still won though.
No, really? You won against an army that is garbage outside of three to *maybe* four units? Amazing.
>>
How do legion list fare against deamons ? I don't have the possibility to play against true 30k players and most of my games are played against deamons
>>
>>52998126
Okay, I feel for you playing NL against custodes, but the issue there has more to do with NL than with custodes. Any shooty army will savage custards in a hurry, leaving only a single invulnerable shieldbune trundling along before eventually getting stuck in a tac blob he can't hope to grind down in time.
Other melee-heavy armies have similar issues except for WE melee hordes.
>>
>>52998024
demons die like bitches to everything
>>
>>52998238
You havent seen a true deamon list then
>>
>>52998023
Personally I LOVED the end of Fear to Tread where (spoiler cause it's just that good even though it's old) he mouths off to Horus after the warmaster fucks up his plan, so Horus peels his face off in front of everyone.

It was a comeuppance that I think a lot of people had been waiting for
>>
File: IMG_1196.jpg (2MB, 2719x2501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1196.jpg
2MB, 2719x2501px
Custodes anon with list from earlier here.

Just finished my Pallas Grav-Attacks! Now time to varnish and seal them.
>>
>>52998286
To be fair, Erebus took it like a champ.
>>
Anyone have Dorn's and Morty's gargantuan leviathan image?
>>
File: IMG_1123.png (2MB, 922x1186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1123.png
2MB, 922x1186px
>>52998437
I only have Morty's.
>>
>>52997532
grenades, pouches, chainswords attached.

extra decals and freehands.
>>
File: Dorn's collosal chainsword.png (726KB, 382x973px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn's collosal chainsword.png
726KB, 382x973px
>>52998437
>>
File: Annoyed Leviathan.png (1MB, 788x914px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Leviathan.png
1MB, 788x914px
Do you guys have ideas about "non fluffy" units? Iron Warrior biketillery Shrapnel Bolter Jetbike Command squads are in my mind, but I don't know how to make them work.

>>52998437
>>
any lore regarding custodes hair? they're not all bald fags right?
>>
>>52998785
Nope. Tons of them have hair ranging from Mohawks to ponytails; some also sport facial hair and stubble.

Valdor for example is famous for his five o'clock shadow and Mohawk whilst Ixion Hale has a greying beard. In Master of Mankind a few regular Custodes who remove their helmets are mentioned to have had short cropped hair, baldness, fringe cuts, and even hair tied back.
>>
Is the Mhara Gal worth it in this Thousand Son era?
Seems like they were designed to shit on psykers
>>
>>52998855
Nope, you could have a Leviathan instead for their price. Or a Knight. Take a Knight.
>>
>>52998177
They go pretty well against them.
Take 20 man tac squads for maximum bolter action, and terminators cus lol bloodletters a shit, and you'll do well
>>
>>52998364
Are you using that Gw spray?
>>
>>52998903
Yeah, over a black primer and then painted using Duncan's exact tutorial
>>
Why is Magnus so hot?
>>
>>52998700
Personally I'm fond of using the Ordo Reductor "Ignore difficult and dangerous terrain" to run a fast melee army on occasion. You don't have to buy everything frag grenades and can deepstrike happily into ruins. Siege Ursarax for the win.

As for the bikes, mathhammer out how many you'd need to cause a Pinning test on Marines and fly around shooting at threats to your advancing army. Support squad with Lascannon, possibly artillery if you can flank it, charge and tie up quad-mortars with 2+ armour. Be extremely dickish without having to waste important units. If you want more bikes in the unit, I would say take them with guns with more people punch, since you gain no benefit from extra casualties for the purpose of Pinning tests.
>>
>>52998435
Til Kharn knocked him down a peg.
>>
>>52999004
>If you want more bikes in the unit, I would say take them with guns with more people punch
What do you mean? Not only I don't know if Command squads can buy different weapons for their Jetbikes (but can buy power weapons unlike Jetbike squads), but apparently plasma cannons are bad.
>>
>>52998953
He flew too close to the sun.
>>
File: 99648476.jpg (82KB, 600x642px) Image search: [Google]
99648476.jpg
82KB, 600x642px
> glance on over at the 40k side of things
> FUCKING END TIMES THEYRE KILLING IT 8TH ED IS TRASH
> come back over to /hhg/
> 8th ed is going to save us, we don't know everything yet, but what we know so far looks good

love you guys
>>
>>52998953
because nervous nerds are that much better to spoil than people who give you multiple dick piercings for free
>>
File: squidbaby.jpg (103KB, 312x430px) Image search: [Google]
squidbaby.jpg
103KB, 312x430px
>>52999205
I for one welcome our 8th edition overlords
>>
Had a fun idea for the Head Honcho of the Traitor Blood Angels
What wargear and/or relics do you guys think he should have?
It's mostly for fun, and I might even make him just to put on my shelf, so no need to kit him out with 'the usual' for a Praetor
>>
>>52999342
bat wing jumpack instead of angel wing
also thorns wrapped around his right hand so he can constantly squirt blood out
>>
>>52999342
We talking Khornate chaos traitor with so much blood symbolism he makes yiffs cry, or emperor's a dick secular traitorious angel lucifer type?
>>
>>52999342
Lightning claws that are really just his bare hands with bloody and long nails. Jump pack that is either wings or him hovering; Plasma Pistol or Archaeotech pistol that is really just his glowing demonic eyes.
>>
>>52999369
Probably the latter, DIO answers to god but himself

>>52999383
How about the Nanyte Blaster? for shooting flesh buds
>>
>>52999406
Fuck. Yes.
>>
>>52999406
Oh, i thought you just had dio as an excited face for your idea. Lets see, iron halo rules used as his aura of dark majesty/timestop for a 4++, abs armour for 2+, chainfist+BAngel doublewound sword modelled as a hand-claw to represent his various biological fighting styles and strength, some of curze's knives because DIO, ZA WARUDO is probably some once-per-game version of fantasy's ASF as his warlord trait, archeotech pistol as his freaky eye blast thing. If he comes in contact with Alexus Polux, Polux can ignore the lost attacks part of his ignores-unwieldy thing due to spontaneously developing Star Platinum
>>
>>52999112
Don't know much about jetbikes, but why would plasma cannon be bad? They're good at most things, you're Relentless and have 2+ at against Gets Hot. I was saying that you might want some AP3/2 weaponry given that the Shrapnels don't do much, although power weapons might be a good plan so you can capitalise on your own Pinning.
>>
>>52998953
Pyromancy.
>>
After when did TS start to grow bird-head, extra arms and tentacles and stuff? I mean Aspiring Sorcerer stuff, not full flesh change Spawns.
>>
>>52999526
Probably not until the siege, and even then its going to be nothing compared to 40k level mutations
>>
>>52999472
> Polux is Jotaro
I am 100% on board with this
>>
File: IMG_1200.jpg (2MB, 3021x2667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1200.jpg
2MB, 3021x2667px
Well everything is fully sealed now, so that leaves me with my goal complete of getting all this shit done in one week. On the upside of torturing myself, I at least get to use them all on Tuesday.

Fuck why did I do this.
>>
>>52999612
> Fuck why did I do this
Because they're GORGEOUS
BTW what varnish and seal did you use for your models?
>>
>>52999679
Hahah thank you!

I used Rustoleums American Accents 2x ultra cover semi-gloss clear and let it dry fully before hitting it with a quick spritz of GW Purity Seal.
>>
>>52999526
In Aurelian Lorgar goes to see Magnus just after Prospero to the planet of the sorcerers and there he sees some of the thousand sons had developed mutations.
>>
>>52999612
Fucking hell anon I haven't even been able to finish a squad of tartaros terminators in the whole week. Very impresive
>>
>>52999612
>Pallas
>Sagittarum
>Captain with Power Talons???

Why do you torture yourself with garbage units?
>>
File: IMG_0957.png (1MB, 770x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0957.png
1MB, 770x720px
>>52999729
Well, I like having fun.

I also happen to love those models as I do everything in the Custode army because I have an absolutely raging hard-on for them as a whole. Even the shit that hasn't been released yet.
>>
I only have one Pallas and I've named it the Buckingham.
>>
File: P_20170426_160323_003.jpg (1MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170426_160323_003.jpg
1MB, 4096x2304px
>>52999952
Get on my level, scrub
>>
File: CustodianHeavyDreadnoughtContent.jpg (371KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CustodianHeavyDreadnoughtContent.jpg
371KB, 1000x1000px
We have a name for this big boy. The Telemon Heavy Dreadnought.
>>
File: when will they learn.jpg (29KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
when will they learn.jpg
29KB, 500x381px
>>53000059
That's a different gun to what we saw before.
>>
>>52999473
jink
>>
>>53000059
>thiccest dread yet
>some kinda rotary lascannon
Jesus christ how horrifyingly boner-inducing
>>
>>53000059
>telly mon
I'm forever going to read that name in a jamaican accent.
>>
File: Maloghurst.jpg (51KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
Maloghurst.jpg
51KB, 800x680px
>>52997298
Okay, I wrote a list for a 2k army of allied SoH-Podders under the command of Maloghurst and a Cthonian headhunters Solar Auxilia detachment under a tank commander.

They are divided along the 1000 point mark, with the aux having a fully tricked out Veletaris Squad in a a similarily spiffy Dracosan. Accompanied they are by a Thunderbolt fighter and a Tank commander in a nicely equipped Malcador (all the upgrades) for 995 points.

My problem begins with the SoH detachment, 20 man tac squads in a kharybdis and a partly power weapon wielding vet squad in an anvillus, both with apothecaries, comes in around 891 points.

I can probably ditch some of the extra stuff for the SA detachment..but where would I later put Maloghurst?

That shitter can't run and he can't deepstrike with Termies since he lacks Deepstrike himself.

Putting him in a heavy support squad might work, but I fear the list is still not that close range fighty as it could be, even though I am positive they could fuck up enemy armour quite well.

I guess its just a very low point level, but the idea is to start growing both segments seperately and slowly.
>>
>>53000169
Oh god, why did you have to mention that. Now I can't stop seeing it like that.

Custodes getting "Levi Dreads, but better" is bullshit, though. You already see lists with two or three regular boringdreads all the time, and these probably don't even need pods.
>>
>>53000059
>no lance
>no sword
>no shield
Not sure if want.
>>
>>53000279
Why can't you put Mal with an 18- or 19-man tac squad? Tacs don't get special weapons per 5 so you don't lose anything by not taking a nice round number. Hell, they can't be 20-man squads anyway if you want an apothecary in the kharybdis with them.
>>
>>53000368
Yes, but he can't run or sweeping advance and spreads that to the squad.

I mean I could probably kick him out later to squat on an objective since he allways couns as scoring....would have liked that in a squad that normally can't do it tough.
>>
File: Mournival.png (276KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
Mournival.png
276KB, 500x357px
>>53000406
>>53000368
Ps:

You are probably right though, they won't win a slugging match anyway, so pinning everyone with the Kharybys and trying to outshoot the guys they can't outfight until the Vets or the SA tanks arrive seems more logical anyway.

Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>53000059
>just going to be a big lump of gold
Custodes models are wasted by their colour scheme.
>>
>>53000059

God yes, this fucker and the other dreads are the entire reason I started getting Custodes... That I started collecting heresy at all even.
>>
File: Fulgrim.png (218KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fulgrim.png
218KB, 1000x1000px
>>53000537
EC Dread is still among the top pretty list...admittedly with the golden boys nowadays.

At least he beats all other legion dreads currently...until the BA one is released probably...
>>
>>53000084
Magnus only slightly bigger than Russ, mostly due to pose rather than size.

In Path of Heaven, Jaghatai Khan described as a full head taller than Russ.

So the Khan is going to be taller than Magnus now? The red giant? Can Magnus do anything right?
>>
>>53000556
Blame BL, they are multiple authors trying to do shit together.
>>
>>53000530

Gold, silver black and red, done right.

I'd give that significant silvering to break up the gold, black elements on the legs and red elements on the shoulders at a glance.
>>
>>53000570
Meh. The entire argument hinges on the Khan actually getting a model, which is like 2022 at the earliest.
>>
>>53000530
Apparently at the next golden daemon there's a category where they just specify a model and see who can do it best. They picked an eldar farseer as the model, but can't help thinking getting a custodes looking interesting would be a much better challenge.
>>
>>53000556
>tried to warn the Emperor: doomed humanity
>tried to martyr himself with dignity: became a servant of Chaos
>tried to destroy Fenris in retaliation: failed twice

Magnus did everything wrong.
>>
>>53000553
Night Lords dread suits them perfectly, but the EC comes close second along with Raven Guard
>>
>>53000600
Failed at destroying Fenris so hard the first time he actually gave a goddamn space wolf a cool line.
>>
>>53000609
>Raven Guard contemptor
I don't know what they were doing with that weird bumpy spiral. I know it's supposed to be art from Deliverence or something but it doesn't suit them at all.

Personally I think the Alpha Legion contemptor is up ther with the EC.
>>
Raven guard is the best dual fist contemptor.

Death guard is the best Mortis contemptor.

Alpha legion is the best standard one gun one fist contemptor.
>>
>>53000613
Hmmm?
>>
>>53000646
I like the bumps, gives the whole charcaradons/oceania tribal feel and a sense of care to the model, as if the friends of the occupant care enough to decorate the sarcophagus.
>>53000672
What do you think of the Night Lords one? I think it fits dual fists better than most
>>
>>53000685
From Battle of the Fang by Chris Wraight:
>‘The Aett endures,’ he rasped, his voice a wet scraping whisper. ‘You ran out of time. I’ll take that victory.’
>Magnus’s body loomed over him. The patterns on his flesh were still moving, still whirling. He was less than opaque now, and the wind snatched at him. For the moment, he held back from the killing blow. He looked death-cold.
>‘What victory?’ he said. ‘You wished to kill me. Such as you could never kill such as me, Harek Ironhelm – I am beyond your vengeance now.’
>Then Ironhelm laughed, despite the fact it made his punctured lungs flare with fresh agony.
>‘Kill you? No. I failed in that.’ The choking laughs died out. ‘But I hurt you, Traitor. We hurt you here. We cut the threads of your sons and broke your witches’ sticks. We tore that smile off your face and ripped the skin from your back. And I have lived to see it. That’s worth losing some bottles in a fleshmaker’s tray for. Blood of Russ, you bastard, I lived to see you howl.’

>Blood of Russ, you bastard, I lived to see you howl.
>>
File: IMG_8819.png (88KB, 386x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8819.png
88KB, 386x386px
>>53000719
DELET THIS!
>>
>>53000733
>Then Magnus spoke no more, but pulled his fist back. By the time he released the blow that would kill Harek Ironhelm where he lay, the Great Wolf was laughing again, hacking up blood against his vox-plate, strung out on the spikes of pain all over his body, crushed against the side of the mountain with no hope of recovery, but laughing like old Russ himself in the morning of the galaxy.
>>
>>53000719
Yeah, I'm sure that was their aim when they set off to fight.
>Right, fellow warriors of the Rout, what is our aim in the upcoming battle?
>To slay the traitor Magnus!
>Kill Magnus? Don't be silly, that's too obvious, it's what they'll expect us to try to do.
>What then?
>Our aim shall be to scratch him a bit, that will be enough to count as a victory.
Totally not the wolves moving the goalposts afterwards at all.

And before you start, DG player here. I ain't got no love for witches.
>>
>>53000803
They didn't have a goal in the battle. Magnus attacked the Fang. Their only measure of win/loss was to not have the Fang destroyed. They beat the piss out of Magnus until he ran out of time and had to go back to the warp. At which time the Fang was still unambiguously not destroyed. That's a win.
>>
>>53000803
And I play Scars. I just love that line. Chris Wraight is fucking fantastic at what he does, even when writing about the wolves.
>>
>it's a Graham McNeill uses the word bellicose 23 times in the same book episode
>>
>>53000893
>not liking the word belicose
furfag detected
>>
>>53000893
23 times isn't terrible for a full-length novel as long as it's not always about the same guy.
>>
>>53000913
How do you figure that?
>>
>>53000954
Both warhounds and space wolves do not have the almonds required to create bellicose sentences
>>
>>53000980
They have plenty of almonds, they just don't have the technical nous to activate them.
>>
>>53000999
Trips confirm. Yiff almost permanently deactivated.
>>
>>52999205
You'd almost think that the more civil, mature and gentlemen-like player can be found in this bread.
>>
>>52999205
They're just mad they can't accept new, better space marines being a thing.
>>
>>53001354
>BRB, burning my old space marine army and videoing it
>>
File: 1418059364048.jpg (850KB, 1024x1213px) Image search: [Google]
1418059364048.jpg
850KB, 1024x1213px
So what are people's opinions on converting primarch models?

With the new true scale Marines on the rise and my procrastinating having kept me from fully indulging the heresy, I've decided to go full True scale with my army once I can actually sit down and do shit

Catch is I really want to use at least the base of Horus' model as a Praetor (NOT HIS RULES, I'm not that much of a snowflake fag), and I was wondering how well I can mix and match marine and primarch parts

Assuming that everything else is true scale, would it look that out of place?

>Even if people say no, I'm probably gonna do it anyways because I think it'll look good
>>
>>52997970
I somewhat agree with this. They're tough for sure, and night lords probably have the worst time against them. You're right, you need a ton of ap2 to deal with them effectively. This means plasma melta phosphex and big gun spam. And chainglaives, while normally an excellent legion specific weapon, aren't very good against custodes. I feel ya. Try marksmen vets with combi flamers in the mix. Ap2 rending flamers that wound on a 4+ oughtta soften em up a little.

I find my I can deal with their infantry well enough if I can keep my big guns on the field, this means removing their tanks ASAP.
>>
>>53001664
Anything to change it up from that single terminator praetor you see in every single army
Go for it
>>
>>52998228
>Any shooty army will savage custards in a hurry
But that takes us down the dark road 40k went down. People started spamming AP2 shooting to hard counter certain cheesy builds, but of course AP2 shooting hard counters lots of other stuff as well, so many armies just get leafblowered off the table. To go with a specific example, if everyone in that Night Lords player's local scene builds armies to counter custodes by shooting, the NL player will be fucked because those builds will counter their normal marines as well, possibly even better because marines are more susceptible to pieplates than custodes.

I'm a little bit worried about what the need to counter custodes armies might do to the 30k meta, basically.
>>
>>53001685
See, people recommend weight of fire but ten dudes with plasma kills what, three of their dudes if you make it unscathed to rapid fire range, leaving your squishy unit that costs double what they do in charge range for the survivors? Melta is even worse points/kills ratio. The only thing that handles them is medusae and demolisher spam, or enough dreads to give them all fistings. And who wants to see every army have a typhon, six vindicators and a medusa battery?
>>
What's the maximum sort of size you want for a tactical support squad with flamers? I'm aware past a certain point you struggle to get extra templates onto the target, but don't know what that point is.
>>
Just play blood angels, amazing shooting and melee. :^)
>>
>>53001953
Max out. They're cheap and you can just deploy them better. And 8th is getting rid of templates and blast markers anyway, so they're just D6 auto-hits instead.
>>
File: IMG_2233.jpg (109KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2233.jpg
109KB, 600x620px
Any idea what you could use these guys as? The models for both Infiltrators and Ruststalkers are fucking amazing, but there's really no good fit; they're slightly too short to be Myrmidons and wasted as Adepts.

Maybe Ursurax or Scyllax? Hell, if my opponent okays it, will using their 40k rules be a big issue?
>>
>>53000279
Maloghursts big deal is being able to take vets and reavers as troops. 20 man tax squads are a waste imo, even with fury of the legion at bs5 within 12". Kharybdis are cool as hell, but they're situational and pricey. Your 20 man tac squad plus transport comes in at 460.

What about 12 reavers with combi weapons with banestrike and jump packs. They're considerably better in assault due to their attacks and more flexible with combi weapons, and cheaper at 410 pts. Plus with banestrike, against meqs they're hitting as hard as a 20 man tac squad (without fury).

Just an idea.
>>
what's so wrong with core 7th ed rules? why all the complaints? did the faq not fix all the problems? doesn't having limited legion rules and no xenos make things less complicated?
>>
File: Untitled.png (53KB, 295x150px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
53KB, 295x150px
>>53002266
I'd use them as-is. I mean, sicaran ruststalkers are specifically mentioned in the space wolves' exemplary battles section in Inferno, and that's as up-to-date as 30k lore gets, it's not like you'd be justifying using them on a mention in a book written like 5 years ago when BL didn't have their shit together canon-wise.
>>
>>53001688
>Single terminator Praetor you see in every army

Hehehe, yeah, I guess that would be a nice change in scenery

But do you if different primarch/marine parts can be swapped around and have we come to a consensus about how to helmet primarch sized bodies? People say that one Perturabo used a contemptor dread head? Do regular/terminators size helmets not work or something?
>>
>>53002408
Hey, where's that? More Mech lore is always appreciated.
>>
>>53002266
the next IA book will drop soon and has the 30k rules for the 40k admech
>>
>>53001664
>muh truescale meme strikes again

Yes, a primarch model would look far too big to be a regular marine, truescale or no
>>
>>53002513
Never mind, found it. Holy shit, that was ONE Silica Animus and it took on a whole Great Company and a War Cohort together. This is why we need a book dedicated to the Mechanicum and their enemies, just so we can have more battles like that not ended by "it obliterated a score of Ruststalkers but then died when the yiff threw an axe at it". I may steal some of those creatures' design elements for the Genetors, honestly.
>>
>leviathan dreads
>when knights exist for only a few more points
Why?
>>
>>53002828
There are big marines. One was noted for being as big as an ogryn, which are like 3m tall.
>>
>>53002938
Because Knight's can't go in pods, and a Leviathan can fuck up a knight on the charge.
>>
File: tartarsos.jpg (23KB, 596x596px) Image search: [Google]
tartarsos.jpg
23KB, 596x596px
Would a Tartaros Terminator Helmet work as a Mark IV Helmet for a Primarch?
>>
>>53002961
You better bling the fuck out of it.
>>
>>53002961
Which primarch?
>>
>>53003000
Oh I plan to, just wondering if the size is appropriate

>>53003018
Guilliman
>>
>>53003091
It might just be worth using his 40k helmet
>>
>>53002877
They seem to make a habit of that. I was hoping the Mechanicum would actually get to help against what looks like Castellax and hordes of Chainblade Adsecularis, but because we don't get our own designated army wanking section that'll never happen.
Volkite Skitarii when?
>>
>>53003142
I guess?
It looks pretty Mark 7 ish
>>
>>53002938
Can a knight take Phospex?
No, they can't.

Leviathan 1, Knights 0

t. Typhus
>>
>>53003171
You mean a Sarum pattern helmet?
>>
File: sarum.jpg (478KB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sarum.jpg
478KB, 1129x1600px
>>53003171
The helmet was made long before mk7
>>
>>53003214
>>53003252
Huh
I'll go for that then, thanks Anons
>>
>>53000059
Fuck I'm so happy this thing is looking nastier every time I see it. Here's hoping it has an option for basically going full Morris since it can also run dual FUCK-YOU-Fists.

That being said I'm still buying two: I need more of the Moritoi caste in my life.

One for shooting and one for punching.
>>
File: IMG_1203.jpg (160KB, 1000x734px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1203.jpg
160KB, 1000x734px
>>53000059
Jesus it's massive
>>
>>53003838
He's a big guy
>>
>>53003688
>One for shooting and one for punching.
>not going balanced
one gun one fist is the optimal dread loadout regardless of chassis
>>
File: IMG_2237.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2237.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
Another Mechanicum-related question; would the Onager be a good model for the OR Artillery tank? desu the Venator (my first go-to) is pretty ugly, and the actual Vindicator/Artillery tanks don't look good with the rest of the Admech line. Anyone have a size comparison to see if they're close or not?
>>
>>53000169
The e's in Telemon are probably pronounced as the e's in "then". Like the lemon.
>>53000287
>Custodes getting "Levi Dreads, but better" is bullshit, though.
This. What was wrong with Custodes getting just two kinds of dreads alongside a few infantry squads, termies and bikes, aka the units seen in Visions?
They have three dreads now, none of them is a boxman, one of them is literally PALDRONIUS the lemon and apparently Custodian Land Raiders were retconned away unless it's 40k, where the old Jetbikes look nothing like the ones we've had for years.
>>
>>53003901
Let some people have fun. There's nothing wrong with the guy running Custodes for fun. It's a welcome change.

Also he can just magnetize.
>>
>>53003928
People complain about the new dread but it's gonna be like 400 points.

Why is this even a big deal to anyone? Just like the Legions we're seeing equipment that wasn't featured in the old art books because it looks cool and adds some intense diversity to the game.
>>
>>53003941
No fun. People who run twin arms need to be sent to the gulag for their crimes against humanity.
>>
File: ishygddt.webm (268KB, 570x322px) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.webm
268KB, 570x322px
>>53003983
>it looks cool and adds some intense diversity to the game
>people actually think this
>>
>>53003922
It's considerably smaller. Here's a pic I just took of an Onager next to a Chimera, which is the same chassis as the Basilisk.
(Apologies for the crappy paintjob on the crawler, it was one of my first ever models)
>>
>>53002954
An author might describe a marine as big as an ogryn. Another one may describe a Land Rider with multilasers for weapons. Do you believe either?
>>
>>53004127
>all marines are exactly 7" tall in armour, as per Official Games-Workshop Canon any any individual described as deviating from this is Not Fucking Canon.
>>
>>53003146
>Volkite Skitarii when?
Never. Despite being the inventors of Volkite, only Secutors and those weird Scyllax robots may use them. You know, the units most people never take
Veletaris and Legion Support squads? Come right this way :^)
>>
>>53004110
And I bet you hate everything that wasn't featured in the artbooks.

Looks like you have to throw away half the HH line now
>>
>>53003983
Well guess why I don't have spartans, leviathans, deredo's, kharybdis, dickbikes ...
>>
>>53003983
>>53004179
>Mistakes are mistakes regardless of their cost
>Like Custodian supertanks and Cortus dreads
Who knew?
Fact: FW will release everything, even Dorn and Alpharius, before finally making true Imperial Jetbikes.
>>
anyone?
what's so wrong with core 7th ed rules? why all the complaints? did the faq not fix all the problems? doesn't having limited legion rules and no xenos make things less complicated?
>>
>>53004171
Yeah, I was thinking that Chargers would make a cool weapon alternative for Radium Carbines on Vanguard or Peltasts, trading weight of fire for damage and an extra wound mechanic more potent against hordes but less effective against elites and tough stuff than 2 wounds on 6s.
>>
>>53004179
You bet wrong. That's two things you're wrong on. Will you make it a third?
>>
>>53004168
A marine 3 mts tall would be bigger than his own Primarch, which are but a head taller than their own marines. That'd be a 10 ft marine before his 8 ft Primarch (genehancements obviously go in increments of 1.0 ft ;^) ).
But if you like it you like it, anon. Canon or not, that's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>53004253
Holy shit you couldn't sound more entitled if you tried m8
>>
>>53004331
You're pretty inconsistent man; damn shame you can't let the most expensive army in the game have some expensive toys. Or the fact that you sound like a petty autist
>>
>>53004361
>entitled
>believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
I'm saying FW doesn't care about whatever is in Visions (and I really wish they were to prove me wrong), but you can take it any way you want to.
>>
>>53003873
no survivors
>>
File: 20170501_183508.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_183508.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>52997532
My wip Dark Angels vets.
>>
Are carapace Recon Marines just the 40k models sans the Aquila?

I want to get a couple of min squads for Infiltrating Voxs so my 20 man assault squad can't mishap when playing Day of Revelations RoW
>>
>>53001354
I won't lie, it bugs me. I baselessly suspect that their plan is to replace the current Space Marine models over the next 10+ years with these larger ones. They'll look more like Space Marines should next to human and Eldar models, and it doesn't look like GW is interested in shrinking those. They've seen Sigmarines sell well at a larger size, so off we go.

It's not unprecendented - just compare a Rogue Trader-era Space Marine to a modern one. Where else can you take such a fleshed-out range of minis? It's either a big change like this or just redesign the same miniatures over and over again. The difference is that they're wisely coming up with a contrived fluff explanation for why there are two sizes of Space Marines until everyone's replaced their collection or the players have been replaced with new ones. I can see why GW would do it. If it disrupts the used market and 3rd-party manufacturers, that's a bonus.
>>
>>53004387
just when it was thought age of dickheads podcast couldn't get anymore annoying they've gone and found a third complete cunt to join the academic failure and the fat failure. this guy even has a fucking retarded accent, where the fuck is the new dipshit from? did they all meet in poetry clubs or something?
>>
>>53000719
God, besides the SW wank, this book had some good moments. the best part of this book is when bjorn the fell handed pinned magnus against a rock with his power claw around his neck and blasted his plasma cannon over and over in the chest of magnus, blowing his body to bits and making magnus wail is agony. BTFO Red faggot. Sometime in that fight between magnus and bjorn, magnus threw bjorn through a mountain, cracking is sarcophagus open reavealing bjorns rotting body. bjorns was smiling, and happy to feel the air again.
>>
>>53003928
It's not anything about lore, it's that they seem on course to get "Every Astartes unit that everyone loves to spam and are boring as hell, but better and with the weaknesses removed". They have better Sicarans, better Contemptor Dreadnoughts, better Jetbikes and better Land Speeders, and now better Leviathans, all packing ID guns and WS/BS/W +1, plus jink and S:D.
>>
>>53004433
Nice creamy tabards, how do?
Standard man looks depressed however.
>>
>>53004453
Pretty much... but the winged skull isn't the Aquila, is called Imperialis. Though it was rarer back then.
>>
>>53004549
When you write like that it sounds like you're masturbating.
>>
>>53004515
Nah, these will either be their own faction (Ultra-Ultramarines) or like "cult marines" for loyalists, each loyalist faction getting their own flavor of Big Marines based on their primarchs' genetics.
>>
I want to start playing a Dark Mechanicum army but I'm not sure if I want to do a normal army or a Reductor army because I love artillary but I'm not a big fan of the Thalia's models. Are there any good alternatives for them?
>>
>>53004550
I liked them more when they were just "Bodyguards with gunblades and basic marine-supporting equipment like LRs, Jetbikes and dreads", yeah.
That happens to be an illegal thought, though :^/
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>53004582
thanks for contributing, heres your (you)
>>
>>53004357
It has nothing to do with liking stuff, I'm just telling you what has been said in the fluff. People grow big and small. Why couldn't someone grow to be super tall? We got humans today who've grown to be really tall. Now imagine them being stuffed full of growth enhancing organs.
>>
>>53004582
You don't gain pleasure from banishing the witch? :^)
>>
>>53004405
That's because the things in visions is very limited and offers little that is new to the line.
People have kitbashed Custode guardians and terminators already, for example, and I understand the desire to put out something entirely new to pump up hype and flex creative muscle.
Further, it has already been long established that footdudes simply do not carry far in 30k anymore, you need pimpin' vehicles to be competitive on the table.
>>
>>53004387
>can only thing in extremes
>accuses others of being autistic
>>
>>53004653
If only they'd make some good, nice vehicles for them, and not some stupid shit they pulled out of their asses last minute "because of reasons".
>>
>>53004591
>each loyalist faction getting their own flavor of Big Marines based on their primarchs' genetics.
It'll be like some sort of...tactics...of their chapter...no, even better, like, for legions
:^|
>>
>>53004697
This. They even look like Eldar shit.
>>
>>53001878
The sodality rule (wider unit coherence) means that pie plates aren't an appropriate counter against Custodes; you're often better off with more shots instead. It may be cheaper to get a bunch of high-strength, weak-AP shots instead, like autocannons.

>>53002402
I don't think most people have a problem with the core rules as they apply to 30k. They're not perfect - does anyone really like rolling for charge distances? (That's not actually changing.)

In 40k the problem is with all the army lists, formations, army-specific special rules... just the quantity of stuff.

But there problems with FW's unit and army rules, in the sense that FW has refused to write a FAQ more recent than the January 2016 one. Mostly small stuff. And the 40k FAQ ended the practice of squads using multiple meltabombs in close combat, which was crucial for making assault-oriented units and armies viable in 30k. FW seemed to have balanced their lists assuming you could do it. Now that we know FW will continue using 7th edition a while longer, we hope they'll release their own FAQ so we can ignore that 40k one.
>>
>>53003214
Are Mk VII helmets "Mantilla-pattern", with Sarum-pattern helmets having a more prominent frown?
>>
>>53004559
Its just a few layers of screaming skull, no washes or highlights etc. They are su per wip at the moment.
>>
>>53004594
You could wait until Angelus when darkmech get their own rules. Just 12 months I mean years to go!
>>
>>53004697
They did, unless what you wanted was the flying rhino, which was the only real transport in the book.
To wit, FW has come up with dozens of vehicles and units that had no prior mention before.
Are you complaining about Sicarans? The literally entire mechanicum line?
>>53004617
And if that was all they had, they wouldn't really be an army that could compete on the table unless they were SO much better than marines, you lot would scream even more about how OP they are.
I don't agree with all of FWs decisions, but I understand why they are made. Hell, why shouldn't the Emperor's Own have the best shit? The Ordo Sinister btfo eveyrthing alone.
>>
>>53003922
You could probably make use of the legs and cab on a bulked out chassis to make an artillery platform. Offset the cab to one side or Replace it entirely with a giant gun and make a mini Ordinatus.
>>
>>53004791
It's just lazy. Like, all their 3 hover tanks is just the same thing sized up. The only thing they thought to do with the dread was make it look like a big custodian. You know, like how a regular contemptor looks like a big generic marines with his bolter and chainsword. Oh, wait.
>>
>>53004519
Wales.

Best podcast of them all.
>>
>>53004632
Anything taller than NBA tier has structural problems. With geneseed those problems could be solved, but again, apothecaries supervise geneseed functioning for that reason. That marine is strange.
Who's that guy, anyway?
>>
>>53004626
You think it doesn't? Read it again. You can feel the sexual excitement.
>>
>>53004878
>Are you complaining about Sicarans?

No.

You just don't seem to get rid of the notion I only enjoy things that have prior existence in the fluff, which is not at all the case. But continue to be wrong, anon, continue to strawman every argument, I'm sure it'll get you there.
>>
>>53004846
Perhaps it's an artificer version, modified so he could bolt laurels to it. That's the only reason he has a helmet, so he can have laurels of victory on top of the laurels of victory he already has on his bare head.
>>
>>53002375
They don't get +1BS for fury of the legion.

But good call, I thought that Ishould try to still go for the merciless fighter bit by numerical superiority.

But could probably go for another vet squad since it is cheaper and some termies.

Thanks.
>>
>>53004932
Then what exactly are you complaining about?
There has been units that didn't get made for years, despite being in the first couple of books. Iron Tyrants just showed up recently, for example.
Chill out, paint your dudes and play the game, rather than bitching about FW on /tg/. Shit is coming, so stop being cunty.
>>
>>53005057
>Then what exactly are you complaining about?

That custodes tanks and dreads are lazily designed crap.
>>
>>53005057
I get it. I personally like the Custodes vehicles, but a lot of people wanted grav-Rhinos and didn’t get them. The idea of Rhinos and Land Raiders that could fly was one of ‘legends’ about the Horus Heresy, like the line in some book somewhere about Baneblades being considered light tanks back then. Then we actually got detailed Horus Heresy fluff and a game, and some of those crazy ideas turned out not to be quite true.

I like them (and the Sisters of Silence Acquisitor) because pre-Imperial tech should look weird next to Imperial vehicles. imo, the Custodes should not have equipment that Mars churns out by the thousands, not even the general shape. I love that FW gave some character to pre-Unification Terra, and it makes total sense that the most advanced human societies would be mimicking the Eldar during the Dark Age of Technology. But that’s just me.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (101KB, 718x924px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
101KB, 718x924px
>>53004931
On re-reading, It reads like one of pic related.
This pleases me.
>Bjorn PINNED magnus against a rock, BLASTING him over and over. Bjorn was smiling.
>>
File: Carl.jpg (357KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Carl.jpg
357KB, 960x1280px
>>53005105
>>
>>53004878
>Land Raiders, Jetbikes, speeders, termies and people with AP2 gunblades aren't enough. You can't be competitive unless you have better flying eldar-looking Sicarians for Rhinos and even better stuff for your actual Sicarian equivalents, and something to outpunch the mighty Leviathan dread.
Remember the time when Emps and 10000 Custodians saved Horus, Dorn and Mortarion, and he only lost three guys? Turns out they were all inside their grav tanks.
>>
>>53005195
The Acquisitor is at least original, if nothing else. The Custodes tanks take the design of the Javelin and Outrider bikes with some guns borrowed from other things. Yet they couldn't find a way for Custodes or Sisters to use Land Raiders and Rhinos, for some reason. Ok, sure, Custodes probably can't fit into Rhinos, but Sisters can. Are the vehicles of the Emperor's Angels of Death not good enough? Are Rhinos suppose to be high-tech battle transports too good for pleb Army or space tractors with guns too good for Talons of the Emperor?
>>
>>53005195
But Custodes are an infantry army. Bodyguards given transports to get where they're needed, instead of simply better MBTs. Also, what's wrong with the Land Raider?
>>
>>53000999
Nah, the to on is still there, but neither of the two care enough.
>>
File: 1484767610616.gif (1MB, 486x273px) Image search: [Google]
1484767610616.gif
1MB, 486x273px
>>53005211
>>
>>53002375
>20 man tax squads are a waste imo
STOP BULLYING TACTICALS.
>>
>>53005317
The Custodes jetbikes are fair game. If they’re so advanced, why are they as bulky as Scimitar jetbikes? Why would you take a guy on a jetbike with a 6-foot long nose and give him a 6’-4”-long spear? (For you SI users, bike with a 1800mm nose and a 1900mm spear). And yes, the other tanks are a bit cookie cutter, like the old adage about BMWs being the same sausage cut to different lengths or whatever it was.

But these are forces that were well established, and possibly near their maximum size, before the Treaty of Olympia started Rhino and Land Raider mass production. They were used to other vehicles beforehand, vehicles that were difficult to mass produce but didn’t have to be, and all new production from Mars and its moons was dedicated to military forces that were growing in size – the legions and the Imperial Army.
>>
File: image.jpg (202KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 768x1024px
>>53002961
Tartaros helmets are only a tiny bit bigger than a mk 4 helmet so maaaaaybe

( pic related is a tart helmet)
>>
File: verse-frontbig1.jpg (175KB, 700x462px) Image search: [Google]
verse-frontbig1.jpg
175KB, 700x462px
So exactly how much shit can one Forge World make, and how many resource-worlds would you need to support one? I kind of want my Independent Mechanicum to have two smallish Forge Worlds in one system, but I don't know whether you can realistically fit enough planets in to support that much industry without resorting to some Firefly quinternary-system shit, or what kind of fleet and military that would support itself.
>>
>>53005432

What's actually wrong with Tacticals? 20-man blobs with Bolter/BP/CCW, Apothecaries and a couple attached Characters are the main reason that my Terror Assault gets riggedy riggedy rekt all the time.
>>
>>53005435
>retcon rhinos and land raiders out of Talons hands
>can't retcon them back, because of reasons

Also, shouldn't the fact that their vehicles are expensive and hard to make/maintain sort of give them a reason to use less advanced vehicles for when they don't need to bring their A-game? I mean, Marines are using those shitty Malcadors, which were removed from front line service ages ago and are around only because they needed tanks and they were available in numbers.
>>
>>53005478
There not bad just expensive to run fully kitted out and Vets are one of the best units in the game
>>
>>53005514
If the Custodes are on the field, the A-game has been brought.
>>
File: Anon's WE.png (169KB, 672x558px) Image search: [Google]
Anon's WE.png
169KB, 672x558px
>>53005450
I like to exaggerate stuff, so I made this for you.
>>
File: HH4 The Scythe.png (703KB, 347x1402px) Image search: [Google]
HH4 The Scythe.png
703KB, 347x1402px
>>53004549
>>53005211
>Bjorn pins Magnus to a rock and blasts him all over until he has him wailing.
Mortarion best at both sexual and Dreadslaying ;^)
>>
>>53005637
This. Are people really surprised that the Emperor's own bodyguard gets the best toys?
>>
>>53005853
No, I'm just surprised they don't get anything else and that suddenly Rhinos and Land Raiders are pleb tier garbage.

Also, are Sisters of Silence the Emperor's bodyguard entitled to only the best, or could they have uses for something like Rhinos, rather than having to bring their dragon dildoes along for the ride every single time?
>>
>>52997298

So I wanna play Blackshields. Any tips?
>>
>>53005917
Try something other than +1 T and +1 S
>>
File: The Emperor Rules mk3.pdf (241KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Emperor Rules mk3.pdf
241KB, 1x1px
What does hhg think of my Emperor rules?
>>
File: hhg Mangus x Bjorn.png (943KB, 878x588px) Image search: [Google]
hhg Mangus x Bjorn.png
943KB, 878x588px
>>53004549
>>53004582
>>53004626
>>53004931
>>53005211
>>53005387
>>
File: 1442351649973.jpg (377KB, 1090x717px) Image search: [Google]
1442351649973.jpg
377KB, 1090x717px
I've read the Horus Heresy up to Scars,where can I torrent the rest of them, the mega link in the OP doesn't work
>>
File: 1480832697937.jpg (91KB, 468x810px) Image search: [Google]
1480832697937.jpg
91KB, 468x810px
>>53005964
COMPLETELY ERECT!
>>
>>52997380
Preheresy Night Lords should be depicted as medieval Catholic torturers quelling rebellion through rigurous purification of the soul through pain.
>>
>>53005371
>Also, what's wrong with the Land Raider?
The Legions are snapping them all up, and they aren't asking about that secret factory in the Ural Mountains that's producing grav-tanks. Besides, Land Raiders don't fly.

>>53005476
>two smallish Forge Worlds in one system
Given how much crap Deimos manages to make, I think you're going be fine. I mean, Deimos has a similar surface area to Guam, or less than the Isle of Man. I don't know how that makes any sense - maybe "Deimos-pattern" means that the design was found there and not that all Deimos-pattern stuff is built there. Or maybe there are manufacturing facilities a lot larger than Deimos itself.
>>
>>53005956
>The Emperor Rules mk3.pdf
>mk3
Should have the Hardened Armour special rule.
>>
>>53005956
>no [Loyalist Only] stamp
TRAITOR EMPEROR IS GO.
>>
>>53005956
>S6
>T6
>Bulky
>no instant death
>no boost to casting psychic powers
>shit warlord trait
>no real reason to use the burning blade
honestly pretty shit, half the primarchs are better than him in some way, galaxy's best psyker can barely cast better than an average librarian.

I'd rather take Magnus as there isn't really anything that justifies him being 750 points.
>>
>>53005956
>if the Emperor suffers Perils Of The Warp, immediately scatter all primarchs on the table 4D6" in a random direction
>>
>>53005917
Since everything they get is pretty much worse than what standard legion get you should really play what you enjoy rather than trying to make a good army. This isn't to say they are bad, especially in MEQ: The Game, they just lack a few options they boost legion armies.
>>
>>53006256
>4d6
>measured in thousands of lightyears
>>
>>53006256
Kekkled.
>>
>>53006140
Fair enough. Maybe I'll have them as moons around a large planet that's entirely dedicated to fuelling the Forge Worlds with resources and food. Was planning on making them a Battlefleet Gothic fleet if/when they rerelease it.
>>
>>53006256
>if you perils any Primarchs are sent into the nearest game of Warhammer Fantasy
>>
>>53006256
>malal hits Emps with a sucker punch while He's concentrating on the 4
>horus scatters into a wall on the vengeful spirit
>rolls a 1 on the mishap table
>galaxy saved
>>
File: Arkhan_Land.jpg (35KB, 237x293px) Image search: [Google]
Arkhan_Land.jpg
35KB, 237x293px
>>53006140
>Besides, Land Raiders don't fly.
>:U
>>
File: 2017-04-10 16.18.55.jpg (3MB, 2544x1965px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-10 16.18.55.jpg
3MB, 2544x1965px
>>53006235
so add instant death to his sword?
i mean im trying to keep him somewhat balanced, so i can justify playing it in normal games. with that comes decreasing his power a bit, otherwise he would be completely broken.
>>53006256
I love it
>>
File: 1d4BJDM_700wa_0.gif (996KB, 360x176px) Image search: [Google]
1d4BJDM_700wa_0.gif
996KB, 360x176px
>>53005964
Primarchs are for sexual confirmed
>>
File: 1479438928687.jpg (123KB, 942x943px) Image search: [Google]
1479438928687.jpg
123KB, 942x943px
>Watching only local Cuckstodes player do battle against the Raven Guard guy with a fluffy army
>RG get tabled by turn 3
>Only a single custodes, one of their hover tanks, and a squad of allied SA died
>Cuckstodes guy goes "Dammit you still killed quite a lot of my army"

Why is it so easy to hate custodes players ?
>>
>>53006499
Oh no, anon, it's only natural. If Custodes are on the field that means the A-game has been brought :^)
>>
>>53006337
Nothing wrong with two separate worlds in the same system either. Didn't book 6's description of the Xana system has several planets that did various things?

It's easier to justify the inflow of other raw materials if the system is along a nice, easy warp route. That would also explain why it developed a powerful fleet over time.
>>
>>53006679
And that makes beating them SO satisfying. Oh look, the elite 10'000 of the Emperor's Guard? Eat artillery and orbital bombardment, you fleshy plebs.

I want there to be a book, or even a battle in one, that really hammers in that no matter how good a fighter you are, it's worthless nine or ninety miles from anything worth killing. Just have the Custodes, or a Primarch, or the Wolves especially, show up and just get annihilated when they try to charge a dug-in position. Don't even have to kill that many, just a little antidote to all the snowflake single combat that shows up all the damn time.
>>
File: Alexander_xyston.png (146KB, 349x146px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander_xyston.png
146KB, 349x146px
>>53005435
>The Custodes jetbikes are fair game. If they’re so advanced, why are they as bulky as Scimitar jetbikes? Why would you take a guy on a jetbike with a 6-foot long nose and give him a 6’-4”-long spear? (For you SI users, bike with a 1800mm nose and a 1900mm spear). And yes, the other tanks are a bit cookie cutter, like the old adage about BMWs being the same sausage cut to different lengths or whatever it was.
The lance should be way longer than the bike, and the fact that thing is as long as a damn jet limousine doesn't help...but where are you taking the measurements from? Many real life cavalry lances were longer than 2mts
>>
>>53006499
What even makes these cucks that good? You can only fit like a 2 or 3 squads of these guys in a 2k list.
>>
>>53004519
What's wrong with Age of Darkness? I've only listened to 1 episode but they seemed fine.
>>
File: comrade in arms.png (224KB, 338x444px) Image search: [Google]
comrade in arms.png
224KB, 338x444px
>>53006805
But ther Arae shrikes scatter blasts like they baby primarchs! And you need Mechanicum tier antitank for their tanks.
>I want there to be a book, or even a battle in one, that really hammers in that no matter how good a fighter you are, it's worthless nine or ninety miles from anything worth killing. Just have the Custodes, or a Primarch, or the Wolves especially, show up and just get annihilated when they try to charge a dug-in position. Don't even have to kill that many, just a little antidote to all the snowflake single combat that shows up all the damn time.
I think it's called "A Thousand Sons", when the TS, dug in and concentrated in a single city inflict many more casualties than they have any right to, and Phosis AAL THE POWER K'Tar comments how Custodes die to witchery like everyone else.
As for the dug in thing, HH3 has SWs and WSs fail at killing entrenched fucking orks, and Perty has to come save the day with plans and ship artillery instead of dumb bolt and blade.
>>
>>53006745
The idea is that the Astronomican is probably a sphere rather than a disc, so they're situated slightly "above" the warp highway crash that is the Maelstrom. Means that warp travel along there is very fast indeed, but prone to disruption relatively often. It's an important trade route, which is why when it seceded from both sides and dug in a bunch it was assaulted by both Traitor and Loyalist forces, although that faded as the Ruinstorm rose and everywhere became a pain in the ass to travel through anyway. Strong fleet and air force, but little in the way of ground troops and automata, hence the reliance on the cloning vats of chaff and lengthy orbital bombardment before combat.
>>
>>53006499
Maybe he was trying to make the Raven Guard feel better about being stomped.
>>
>>53006905
Probably allying SA for cheap meatshield troops and a Malcador Infernus or Knight Acheron for example.
>>
>>53006951
>Custodes players must fake empathy to appear more human
POTTERY
>>
>>53006965
What are some non cheese ways I can make my custodes a solid army?
>>
File: Nom Nom Nom.png (592KB, 534x816px) Image search: [Google]
Nom Nom Nom.png
592KB, 534x816px
>>53005956
Now stat picture related. Drach'nyen aka Echo of the First Murder aka End of Empires aka the daemon that the Emperor fears.
>>
>>53007004
How do you kill the daemon of murders without murdering it?
>>
File: td.jpg (31KB, 480x311px) Image search: [Google]
td.jpg
31KB, 480x311px
>>53007004
That's a blurry pict from a misfiring servitor. Here's a clearer image of drach'nyen.
>>
>>53006817
I didn't get the measurements from anywhere. Now that I look at a picture of the model, it looks like the bike's nose is closer to 9ft long than 6.

My point was that the lance is only barely longer than the nose, and therefore it's stupid. I don't think we disagree.
>>
File: Expendeds.jpg (1MB, 2966x1738px) Image search: [Google]
Expendeds.jpg
1MB, 2966x1738px
>>53006916
I avoided that book because I didn't care for the 1Ksons or the wolves much, I'll have to have a look at it. Man, Traitor Reductor vs. Custodes would be a cool fight, have the Custodes get decisive fast strikes in and cripple everything on the planet until the Reductor deploy on a plain somewhere and force them to walk through a truly insane volume of fire to actually take the last Hive City. Seems the Custodes really aren't designed for meatgrinders, there are too few and they put way too much emphasis on individual skill and speed.

As for the game side of things, I HAVE Mechanicum tier anti-tank, and I only need two good hits to bring down most of a squad. They have less answers to Adsecularis than I have for 2W. Even if I lose, what did they kill? Artillery tanks any decent fleet has in the hundreds, cloned cannon fodder and a Myrmidon and Secutarii squad? That's not worth one squad of Custodes, let alone a whole strike force.
>>
>>53007097
>>53006817
>>53005435
So what y'all are saying is, the Scooty Puff Jr is actually the optimum design for a jetbike because you can manage with a shorter lance?
>>
>>53004991
>death dealers doesn't work with fury
Hah, that's right. I never use tac squads so... yeah. Seriously. Those jump pack reavers count double for numbers due to being bulky. So a 12 man squad counts for 24 models.
>>
at what stage of war gear allocation does the Custodes Tribune become objectionable?
>>
>>53007135
Pretty much.

Unless the point of a long-nosed bike is to ram things...
>>
File: Scooty Jr.jpg (112KB, 255x335px) Image search: [Google]
Scooty Jr.jpg
112KB, 255x335px
>>53007097
Oh I see. Yeah, completely agree. The art in visions have them wield actual halberds (silly I know) and I actually do like the Gyrfalcon's lance...but the bike itself is too long. Too bad the lance doesn't have shooty bits like the rest of their melee weapons either.
>>53007135
Pic related :^)
Nah but srsly, why must the Gyrfalcon be that fucking long? Especially when, again, we have functional examples in the art. I know the game isn't supposed to be "Art - now with dice", but come on, you have a thing that works.
>FW, my child company. Yuo must make Custodian Jetbikes. What will you choose? Models true to the art everybody likes? Or longer dildobikes?
>...
>[GOLDED ;^)]
>>
File: equipping snowflake sgt.webm (3MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
equipping snowflake sgt.webm
3MB, 1280x688px
>>53007190
I think everything is good unless you combine a shield with a cyber familiar and add a Solerite fist to it.
>>
>>53007321
different anon but does anybody know how that one custardanon got lightning talons on his shield captain? would cataphractii lightning claws fit in the sockets alright?
>>
>>53007100
Don't be so quick to judge them. In the fluff before Calladiuses, Custodian infantry saves three Primarchs from being overrun by orks lol.
And Valdor literally pulls the *Teleports behind you / This time IS personal* trick.
As for your plan to drown them in Adsecularis (millions of orks couldn't do that trick), I'd need to mathhammer the thing, but if chainaxe Inductii don't give a fuck about Fearless Levies since they can kill like 48 on the charge, maybe Custodians won't care much about 20 Fearless T3 Thralls either.
Reductors have powerful dakka and Myrmidon Destructors PE(Everything) with an "Overwatch on 5+" WT Magos would be powerful, just remember the Arae Shrikes.
>>
>>53007190
Depends on what you mean. Some people already get mad about Paragon spear and shield or even just the Cyber Familiar.
>>
To all the Ork naysayers, just remember that at the time of the great Crusade, Orks were MUCH taller, tougher, stronger etc than Orks in the 41st millennium.
>>
>>53007403
That's my captain actually. I used the MK III claws from the FW power weapon upgrade set and cut the arms just after the elbows.
>>
File: IMG_0728.jpg (727KB, 2141x2710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.jpg
727KB, 2141x2710px
>>53007597
>>
>>53004559
I'd be depressed too if I didn't get a bomb ass tabard.
>>
>>53007527
Were they still Init 2? :^)
Orks were powerful back then, yeah. It's simply because there were more of them, having run unchecked for 30000 years, right? Where did the Beast come from? I thought Ullanor was the end of it all for orks.
>>
>>53005576

Huh, weird. I never have a problem with Vets, they fire some annoying Melta shots but they fold in combat against Terror Squads/Assault Marines/Raptors (i.e. my entire army) and against T4 their shooting is only marginally more effective than 10 Tacticals, let alone a 20-man unit firing.

Probably just my list not being set up for dealing with them.
>>
>>53007460
Thing is, Chainaxe Inductii are perfectly statted for killing Adsecularis and Levies on a 2+ no saves with a huge number of attacks. Custodes don't have that volume of attacks, to get 20 kills out of a charging troop squad you need slightly over 10 Custodes, since you need to pass a 2+ wound. and then sometimes a FnP depending on whether they were Sentinels or Guardians. It's extremely likely that a Levy blob can hold a Custodes Hetaeron Deathstar down for most of the game, since at most they toss out around 40 attacks that hit on 3+.

Myrmidon Destructors will certainly be on the list, as will a Macrocarid. As for arae-shrikes, they sting a bit but don't actually mean that I don't score at LEAST 33% hits, so I can artillery them given that I'm not exactly in danger of hitting anything I care about surviving. Custodes may have been able to drive back Orks, but they aren't Fearless and only needed to Not Die in that scenario. 50 Rending Levies will probably pull a couple down, and any decent Forge World has plenty of cannon fodder.

Also, Orbital Strike. Stormbird one with the 30k D rules is supremely good at gibbing Custodes, since even with Araes it will probably hit SOMETHING and denies them their rerollable invulns. They have basically no anti-air, so they can't kill it anytime soon.
>>
>>53000059
I really hope those paldrons are separate, i can mod them to look articulated. And bigger.
>>
>>53007894
>And bigger
You absolute madman.
>>
>>53007823
Funnily enough I am a Custodes player who will take a Stormbird. They use them in canon so I want to pretty badly
>>
File: Telemon Paldronius.png (140KB, 800x512px) Image search: [Google]
Telemon Paldronius.png
140KB, 800x512px
>>53000059
Why do people like that dread?
>>
>>53008127
They are sexy, if a little underpowered. What would you put in it, though? You're basically trying to fill a Spartan with at least 50pt models, it won't exactly be cramped in there.
>>
File: SaturnineterminatorMeduson.jpg (49KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
SaturnineterminatorMeduson.jpg
49KB, 360x480px
>>53008171
Because the size of Pauldrons represents the amount of loyalty to the Emprah
>>
>>53008309
If anything, a large chunk of Guardian Spears for assault or Sword/Shield for tarpitting the enemy advance, with maybe a touch of Hetaeron to boot. A Dread or two of either pattern as well.
>>
>>53008350
Oh shit, you can put your Dreads in there, can't you. I can't use the vehicle or dread function, which makes me sad and was a factor towards me considering making a Manta instead.
>>
>>53008171

Because it's fucking magnificent.
>>
>>53008377
Yup! Basically my truly "ideal" loadout to drop in would be 10 Custodian Guard, 5 Hetaeron, 1 Captain, and 2 Dreads. It's a nice complimentary Spearhead that will cut through most while allowing the main force to keep doing its job or break through.
>>
>>53000169
>tfw someone's going to stick a giant blunt in his hand now
>>
>>53008445
Think that's two over cap, so cut a Guardian out because that's 20 for Guards, 2x10 Dreads, 10 Hets + 2 for Captain.
Personally mine will have the Enginseer repair crew, a couple packs of Ursarax and some Myrmidons. Good evening, have ALL THE S10.
>>
File: 1432924511521.jpg (120KB, 889x610px) Image search: [Google]
1432924511521.jpg
120KB, 889x610px
>>52997602
Holy shit, how old is that? I posted as RGBro but I haven't used that trip in months
>>
>>53008551
Ah you're right, I thought it was 55. No matter, I could always have the Captain elsewhere.

Thanks for reminding me honestly.
>>
>>53008579
It was made in March
>>
>>53008579
Idk, January? I'd need to charge my phone and see the date of the photo
It was a mistake, and mistakes are forever.
>>
I have a spare 40k land raider that hasn't been painted. Can I use it for 30k?
>>
>>53008671
Yes.
>>
>>53008579
You're still around? I thought you had died and/or vanished ages ago.
>>
>>53008671
:^)
>>
>>53008671
You can use the stock Lascannon one but not the Crusader or Redeemer, 10 man transport capacity is hell
>>
>>53008671
No
>>
>>53008700
>>53008690
Alright thanks guys
>>
>>53008721
Prepare for ridicule from 30k purists though. I for one would never willingly play against a 30k army with anything 40k in it.
>>
File: IMG_0897.jpg (621KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0897.jpg
621KB, 1632x1224px
>>53007823
>Custodes don't have that volume of attacks
Man, big time. Today it took me four fucking turns to get this tactical blob with Forewarning and FnP on it off the objective.
>>
File: 1391270506565.jpg (179KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1391270506565.jpg
179KB, 600x525px
>>53008754
>Those Blood Angels

Sang didn't die for this
>>
>>53008754
Damn, the difference in quality there is insane. Good job with the purple. IIRC, you're the Escalation League anon, right? How's that rolling? Hopefully my brother Mech players aren't being dicks.
>>
>>53008671
>>53008737
There aren't many players who would go that far... though preferring the Mk IIb version is very common. It's more old school. Unfortunately, FW doesn't sell an upgrade kit. Doesn't Chapterhouse have something similar?

In either case, it'll count as a Land Raider Phobos. The other version is the Proteus and it doesn't have an assault ramp.
>>
>>53008737
I know you're baiting but those rhinos were around at the time. It's also perfectly fluffy and canon to make an Imperial Fists army circa Siege of Terra with nothing but mkVII. No amount of autistic screeching will make it "wrong".
>>
>>53008778
>>Those Blood Angels
I thought they were TS. You know, witchery.
>>
>>53008800
I thought BA because it's not a metallic red but I guess you could also be right, then again that guy primed black has a chainaxe so who the fuck knows
>>
>>53008754
I like the purple but base your custards.
>>
>>53008797
The books aren't at the Siege of Terra yet.

And it's not bait to want to discourage BaC or BoP babies who go the cheap way of things. HH has done as well as it has because all the models are FW Resin and thus expensive, so only the most hardcore can afford to buy into it, meaning a higher quality of player and people who actually care enough to spend the money on pre-Heresy units. HH has avoided the worst of the 40k's cancerous WAACfaggotry as a result, and that won't continue unless we try to discourage their cancerous mindset from ever coming in here.
>>
File: 20170501_050009.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_050009.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Waffle Custode adding his opinion.

I'm going for primarily what I think looks cool when it comes to building my Custodes army, as well as running with the little theme I have cooked up with the 'Ruina Regum'.

Which is the main reason I'm going to have 1 of each Contemptor, because I love how they're not boxy looking. But in the main I just love how the standard Custodes models look, and in my opinion they are very well designed and refine upon the artwork we have from Visions and other books (since those eagle helmets always bugged me, but they figured out a way to do them real well on the models themselves by making the tail the centre of the faceplate). The standard spear-wielding Custode, in his shining gold armour, is exactly what I'm looking forward to painting lots of (though I'll have some variations in colour scheme too).

Wish FW would finally get their asses around to releasing more Custodes models, if there are more to come.

Also my phone is dying so enjoy this shitty pic I took last night, before finishing off the squad today. I was really hoping that light would make the shades of the gold show up better on screen, but whatever.
>>
>>53008871
>Waffle Custode
People here get the funniest nicknames.
So, you like Custodes things that are cool. Can't blame you.
>Wish FW would finally get their asses around to releasing more Custodes models, if there are more to come.
Nooo. What else do Custards need? Auric Deredeos and Centuriostodes suits?
>>
>>53008938
I think he means like the weapon packs, Valdor, Terminators, etc.
>>
File: IMG_0898.jpg (523KB, 1586x1058px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0898.jpg
523KB, 1586x1058px
>>53008778
>>53008800
It's TS. The Medicae with the axe was from another player who wanted to do WE.

>>53008783
It's going good. I got two squads of Sentinels sitting here waiting to be painted for when we upgrade to 1k.
As for the Mechanicum guys, my custodes recently drowned in an adsecularis blob. That was a special experience.

>>53008851
Bases are in the mail. Still a bit out, though.
>>
>>53009052
Still just the one squad of dudes+HQ? Yeah, I can see an Adsec blob completely shutting that down, especially since at that point level taxes are miniscule thanks to 100pt Adsec+Ordinator Magos basically giving you a tarpit and a Basilisk straight up.
>>
>>53008938
Aquilions with firepikes would be really nice. I just hope the firepikes would still be lance-like weapons.

>>53008871
I plan on doing a purely infantry/walker custodes army, because I have some issues with their vehicles. While cool looking, the two aesthetics don't match at all in my opinion, so it's best to leave them out.
Well, I'll convert a few bullock-pattern Agamati, but those are apparently not in stock, so I'll need to wait a while.
>>
>>53007788
With marksmen (rending), they ought to be about 67% more effective, bolter for bolter, than tac marines. Lets not even talk about when they have combi flamers for flame template ap2 on sixes. How is your opponent running their bet squads? Mixed armament with no battlefield role?
>>
>>53009114
>Still just the one squad of dudes+HQ?
Most of us are fairly busy with family, work, uni and shit, so we do 500pts a month. Right now it's HQ+Troop+(optional Elite or FA or HS). Not that I can afford anything beyond HQ + Troop right now.
Well, this saturday we officially upgrade to 1k with a slimmed-down FOC.
>>
>>53008171
Because it's FW. If GW had made plastic Custodes dreads and FW had made Centurions, everyone would be bitching about lazy GW designers and praising FW for coming up with something new and refreshing.

It's nothing new under the sun.
>>
>>53009332
But GW have made plastic Custodes dreads.
>>
File: fingers crossed.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fingers crossed.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53008938
>Waffle Custode
>People here get the funniest nicknames.
Yup. Pic related.

>Nooo. What else do Custards need?
Well there's only 3 things I really want to see. A Valdor model (just to use him as a regular HQ most of the time). A bits pack with the various special types of guardian spear, power fists, claws, and anything else I'm forgetting.

And the Custodes Terminators. Which I recently decided to add a few of.

(also, for anyone who tries to do the bases like I did, it's best to stick the legs to them while the green-stuff is still sticky. For added bond I put a dab of superglue on the feet too.)
>>
>>53008871
>by making the tail the centre of the faceplat
...I never realized that. Shit, BRB, repainting that ridge on the faceplate.
>>
>>53009332
Do people not complain about Centurions? There aren't a lot of people I know that take their design seriously.
>>
>>53009385
Yeah, the rightfully reviled BaC contemptor. That's super.
>>
>>53009177
I might grab one of their transports eventually. But when it comes to aesthetics I find them a little clashing as well. I think it's the 'pontoons'. While the dickbikes are something I'm just ambivalent about. Don't like, don't hate, so they just tend to get ignored.
>>
>>53009568
About 80% of Contemptors I see these days are BaC Dreads. They outnumber the Resin ones by three or four to one.
>>
>>53009507
Non-monopose Agamatus would be nice, too.
>>
>>53006915
Their general chat is okay, but when they do their deep dives on the fluff they get things wrong immediately and then stick to it, thus ruining an hour of contention, when they're fucking wrong to begin with. It's frustrating.
In the latest, the fucking leaf begins their chat with a completely wrong assertion, and sticks to it doggedly, saying he's right. Even after a guest from another podcast, brought on as a lore expert, quite politely and clealry says he's dead fucking wrong.

Whole section is pointless. And that's the second time they've done that in a couple episodes.
>>
>>53009596
Because they are cheap and easily attained. Doesn't make the model any less awful.
>>
File: image.jpg (446KB, 2309x1018px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
446KB, 2309x1018px
Finished the squad.
>>
File: IMG_2756.jpg (157KB, 1024x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2756.jpg
157KB, 1024x506px
>>53009507
>>53009177
I hope FW doesn't fuck around too much with these guys like they did with the bikes. Though I fear the Infernus will not be both melee and ranged weapon (given that they only have aranged profile) and thus will be a one-handed flamer used with a gauntlet/talon.
>>
>>53009668
They look great. How did you make the front?
>>
File: image.jpg (496KB, 2264x943px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
496KB, 2264x943px
>>53009668

I mean, there's a small touch of post-main assembly touch up green stuff work to do on two of them before they can be base coated, but functionally speaking they look as they will done without very close inspection.
>>
>>53009632
What'd they get wrong? Haven't listened yet, but plan to on the commute home.

>>53009668
Are you press molding? Those prows look really crisp.
>>
>>53009724

I cast Sammael's front with Oyumaru, though needed to cast the eagle's head seperately to regain lost detail.

The rear thruster is a cast from the shorter thruster at the back of the Caladius.
>>
>>53009776
I have Oyumaru but haven't gotten anything nearly as crisp out of it. Are you doing the pressing in hot water? I find it cools too quickly to create a good mold around details.
>>
File: image.jpg (381KB, 1566x1490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381KB, 1566x1490px
>>53009747

>Are you press moulding?

Yes.
>>
>>53009854

Heat it a bit more than the instructions suggest, work very fast and be prepared to redo it when you fuck up, or if you end up with a too-thin mould melt some more and stick it to the back to thicken it up as with my centre cast here

>>53009868
>>
>>53009868

>imsofuckedup.jpg
>>
>>53009546
Yes, because they're GW made. GW couldn't even get 30k Marines or Custodes right. But sell them on the FW store in resin and there's nothing wrong with them at all and any complaints are insignificant buzzing of a jelly poorfag.
>>
>>53009719
>I hope FW doesn't fuck around too much with these guys
>Though I fear the Infernus will not be both melee and ranged weapon
Yeah I was reading Inferno yesterday and realized that as well with some disappointment. Meaning I'll probably only have 1 or 2 in my squad of 3-5 (basically however many FW wants to sell us in a package, lol)/ A flamethrower-spear would have been fucking awesome too.

As for the overall appearance of the Terminators, the only change I can really see them making the giant eagle collars smaller/shorter.
>>
>>53000481
Love the picture btw, Shows a lighter aspect of Marine life, i.e) Bro time!
>>53000279
I would personally drop the Kharybdis for a pair of Dreadclaws and switch the 20 man for 2 vet tac squads since you have the surgical headhunter theme going on anyways
>>
>>53009747
It takes more effort to type it out than it's worth, he basically gets the set up for the Censure Host and why they end up trying to kill Mags instead of arresting him wrong. He then doubles down with still not fully understanding that Hawser isn't actually a TS spy.

The other guy tries to explain it but gives up and they both do 'well that's just your opinion man, let's not argue'.

Listening to people who only half know what they're on about stumble around trying to explain their thoughts is pretty hard. I'm still sticking with it, but I had to turn the last two of their podcasts off for much the same reason.
>>
>>53009980
Right? Such hipocrisy.
>>
>>53010060
That's unfortunate (I wasn't familiar enough with this story arc to catch the mistake). I haven't found any better analyses of fluff, but I guess that isn't a problem if you're like the Eye of Horus and don't pretend to be taking that serious a look.
>>
>>53005964
Lol this has to be the next edition's pic. Saved.
>>
>>53000169
Congrats, you've ruined it for me.
>>
So I'm probably an idiot but for Veteran squads, it says they all carry a bolter, bolt pistol AND a cc weapon. So how does that work exactly? Does that mean they all essentially have True Grit? Or does it mean each Veteran can just opt to have whichever they want?

Sorry if it's a retarded question,I don't play but I'm making a small Delegatus-led army on the off chance I'll meet some people for an intro game.
>>
>>53011066
Considering what you typically use them for, it basically just means they get plus one attack for having two melee weapons.
>>
>>53011066
You have all 3 on each veteran. It gives you the +1 attack for having a pistol and a weapon and the pistol salvo before a charge. Adds versatility and makes them way more effective in melee
>>
File: Super Dad.png (469KB, 811x855px) Image search: [Google]
Super Dad.png
469KB, 811x855px
>>53010047
Thanks man, good advice.

Also, have another one.
>>
Apparently new read
>>53011238
>>
>>53011170
>>53011297
Okay, so it's just a numbers thing. I just didn't want to be a dick with some having bolters and sheathed swords or the reverse.

Thanks for the clarification dudes
>>
>>52997664
>Nids bits
>On HH vets

Wut?
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.