[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do the fa/tg/uys feel about pic related? Never played it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

How do the fa/tg/uys feel about pic related? Never played it, but my parents owned this and the third edition. All I know is that the third edition was shit, never heard much about second (revised).
>>
>>52996398
All I know is that it was a joke even way back when, I don't know why anyone would still care about it after so long.
>>
>>52996398
Third edition was a vast improvement over the second one. Bringing in the Power Modifier Values from Silver Age Sentinels really helped give more flexible options to Attributes. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to go back to limiting themselves with 2nd Edition when 3rd is so much better.
Still needed a bit of errata and some house rules to iron out the kinks though.
>>
>>52996398
>>52996836

I liked 3rd. I think the game in general had the same problems any overly genericized system does; you end up with a lot of stuff that doesn't fit whatever you're trying to do.

I loved Centauri Knights as a setting; that was my main experience with it.
>>
>>52996398
I heard it wasn't playtested and nobody who made it really gave a shit about it.
>>
>>52997202
>I heard it wasn't playtested
So, the more than a dozen names listed in the book as playtesters are... what? Fabrications? Out-and-out lies? Or that the people who playtested it publicly at ICON were just imagining things?

>and nobody who made it really gave a shit about it.
A bit of an exaggeration, but possible, considering that by the time 3rd edition was being put together, Guardians of Order was having financial difficulties. Artists, writers and other contributors not getting paid is sure to put a dampener on their enthusiasm for the project.
>>
>>52996398
I own Demon City Shinjuku, which is built on the 2nd edition system and I must say that I find it pretty good. It's not the game I played the most, but system-wise I find it simple and enjoyable. Should anyone want to play a weeb game with badass cops, mystic warriors, sailorfuku wearing high-school girls and demons, it's a pretty solid choice.
>>
>>52996836
Its a matter of taste. MacKinnon was influenced by Amber diceless and the rational behind Tri Stat was being just a slightly crunchier version of Amber but with a lot of the free form still there. PMVs started to make character creation nitpicky and convoluted. It makes sense in theory, but even during gameplay the GM has to remember what level of what each person got - it stopped being intuitive.

I like 2nd ed best both as GM and as a player, mostly because its broken as hell and genuinely charming for that reason. You get Maid-like games with a bit more crunch as everyone tries to bullshit shoehorn their chosen maxed out skills in any given situation, because who the hell didn't invest high into Highly Skilled.

OP, 2nd ed is an easier pill to swallow if you want to try out BESM, and as much shit as I said about it, 3rd ed isn't bad either, its just got a crunch bloat that doesn't always feel like it was necessary. If you're seeking an opinion outside of /v/, do not listen to System Mastery podcast regarding 2nd ed - love their show to bits but they royally fucked up noting what was wrong with the system (highly skilled is stupid broken and they completely missed that)
>>
File: OVA-Cover.png (312KB, 479x684px) Image search: [Google]
OVA-Cover.png
312KB, 479x684px
>>52996398
Superior weeaboo trash game.
>>
>>52998325
Superior dice roll system? Yes. Actual gameplay for any sort of fight? Then it gets weird. Seriously, why is defense so goddamn convoluted in the game
>>
File: OVA001.png (412KB, 480x682px) Image search: [Google]
OVA001.png
412KB, 480x682px
>>52998373
>Seriously, why is defense so goddamn convoluted in the game

Can't have it all, I suppose.

The creator of the game is a pretty cool dude, though. If you sought him out and asked him, I'm pretty sure he'd explain himself.
>>
>>52998430
Wise Turtle Publishing deserves respect for sticking with OVA into 2nd ed considering how long it took to produce, no qualms there. System is definitely the spiritual successor to BESM and genuinely waiting for any other books they come out with. Conceptually it makes sense as to why most of the atttributes are so free form in their application, it just takes constant back and forth with the GM to say 'yes, this my value for this task because I have this this and this attribute'
>>
>>52998538
Clay Gardner is a graphic designer by trade, so I doubt he has much time for making games. It usually takes him about a month to answer any e-mails I send him. (Not that I ever send him anything important.)

He did do the layouts for Ewen Cluney's reskins of Golden Sky Stories, though.
>>
>>52996398

It was pretty mediocre. You needed to have a firm hand with everybody in character creation or you could just blow your points all into container attributes and go from there.

Still not as much of a mess as the d20 version, good god.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.