[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indomitus Crusade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 44

File: 1ED_GatheringStormDimension.jpg (140KB, 457x200px) Image search: [Google]
1ED_GatheringStormDimension.jpg
140KB, 457x200px
Looks like Guilliman has created new Space Marines and will lift the ban on the Chapter limits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_wXCBDiLEA
>>
>>52987828
What the fuck
>>
>>52987828
They literally repeated the twist going from whfb to aos.
Why
>>
>>52987828
>Sigmarines in MY 40k?
>>
>>52988479
It's been a very long time since GW proper had good writers. They all quit, what, 10+ years ago? Around the time the fluff stalled, for the sensible reason that they couldn't pull it off right. They still can't pull it off right but clearly felt too much time had passed.

That said, FW has at least one solid writer. Their asides on pre-Imperial life are fucking amazing.
>>
It's the best way to sell new models. That, or just make a new playable race. Bring the squats back, dammit! I want tyranid vs squat fanart !
>>
>>52988563
>It's been a very long time since GW proper had good writers. They all quit, what, 10+ years ago? Around the time the fluff stalled, for the sensible reason that they couldn't pull it off right. They still can't pull it off right but clearly felt too much time had passed.

This sounds like what happened to the Imperium. The best of what they had is gone, and it's horrybly stagnated, not being able to go back to the glory days.Reality dictates fantasy, much?
>>
I feel that Sigmoute Gillbert, in a storm cast by eternal war, is reforging new champions to fight against the realms of chaos.
>>
>>52987828
I hope they replace the sigmarine at the front of their hq with a guillimarine
>>
>>52987828
>0:36
That's a lot of fucking space marines
>>
Huh, "Roe-boot-ay Gilliam." So that's how it's pronounced.
>>
>>52989089
just like the audiobooks
>>
I fully support GW in this direction mainly because it's an actual direction and their two and a half decades of doing nothing but exploring the past was getting boring.

Also Big Boy Blue was the perfect choice for leading the imperium, like or hate the ultrasmurfs.
>>
>>52988479

More like they saw one of the reason the Horus Heresy is popular. Honestly don't know what you expected them to do other than either this or the Imperium being on the defensive from Abaddon, Ghazghkull, and the Tyranids. Actually the Imperium is probably still going to be on the defensive and this is merely Guilliman being proactive rather than reactive. There is the whole matter of the galaxy being torn in half and it making travel extremely difficult.

Thinking about this isn't like AoS at all since the Imperium is still possibly in a better position. The beginning of AoS was Chaos having dominion over all but one Realm and pockets of survivors managing to eke out an existence or in cases like the Ironjawz or Kharadon, managing to thrive because they love fighting and took to the skies respectively.
>>
Is not Guilliman something overdramatic? The Imperium was not only passive. They were also often in the offensive.
>>
>>52987828
>and will lift the ban on the Chapter limits
What part of the video are you getting this from?
>>
Let me see if I understand this.

They blew up cadia because reasons, but now they are simply adding orks as well as chaos and replacing it with armageddon, right?
>>
>>52990597
>indomitus
untamed, unsubdued, ungoverned, unrestrained
untamable, ungovernable, fierce, wild
>>
>>52990623
>literally the most generic latin word they could have picked
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (93KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
93KB, 457x640px
Can't wait for a schism to break out between the Mechanicus and the Imperium and Cawl because the new arch-traitor and take his marines 2.0 with him.
>>
>>52990736
Unrestrained / Fierce Crusade actually doesn't sound that bad
>>
>>52987828
>"Traitors, mutants, daemons, pay heed to the coming of my armies."

Ohoho. Note that he didn't mention aliens.
>>
>>52990874
Put some shoes on you daft bint, this is a battlefield.
>>
File: 1274967069612.png (27KB, 450x700px) Image search: [Google]
1274967069612.png
27KB, 450x700px
>>52990874
Almost like there's a giant warp rent through the galaxy and traitors/daemons are everywhere.
>>
>>52990874
>>52987828
>Ohoho. Note that he didn't mention aliens.
apparently when Yvraine gets on her knees it is not to pray
>>
File: a9f.gif (7MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
a9f.gif
7MB, 480x270px
>>52987828
Just go ahead and fuck my setting up senpai, just fuck it all up.
>>
>>52990736
>Check out our boy over here slating GW for using latin
Have you not been paying attention
>>
>>52990776
Gonna need an explanation on that pic and who it is as well as what the Dark Mechanicus is and who they worship because god damn if that pic doesn't make this Dark Mechanicus look cool as fuck.
>>
>>52990949
The anon I quoted thought their use of 'Indomitus' was proof that they were going to fuck with the lore, when in reality it's just meaningless latin flavor. I wasn't slating GW for using latin, I was making fun of that anon for expecting it to mean anything.
>>
>>52991045
It's a sign that there is some sort of crusade without limits or rules.
Robouteh is basically calling for another great crusade in his fathers name.
Which heavily implies needing legion sized armies.

I love this so much because if it's true, to have the Primarch of the Ultramarines come back after 7000 years or w/e and shit all over the HOLY CODEX and be the one to tell all the chapters to get their shit together and form legions again is hilarious.
>>
>>52990953
During the early days of the Horus Heresy the Mechanicum faced a civil war of their own as Fabricator General, the figure head of the Mechanicum, and his allies threw in their lot with Horus. As the rust plains of Mars was stained in blood and oil Forgeworlds across the galaxy chose their sides. The modern dark mechanicus, in shunning the Omnissiah and the Emperor's light, debauch in foul techno-heresies including but not limited to the powers of the warp. Xeno tech and malicious invention are also possible additions to the Heretek's arsenal.
>>
File: IMG_0963.jpg (97KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0963.jpg
97KB, 850x638px
>>52991168
I meant to throw this in. It's the the character from the first picture pre-Heresy.
>>
>>52990953
Dark Mechanicus are basically those who sided with Horus, and reject all limitations on science and technology. They're the kind of people who think trapping daemons inside machines is a good idea.
>>
>>52987828
>bring fallen chapters back to life
ASTRAL KNIGHTS ARE BACK BABY
>>
>>52991269
>the lamenters stay kill because of a paper work error
>>
>>52991187
Also I'm pretty sure that's the Forge built atop Olympus Mons in the background.
>>
>>52991152
>Which heavily implies needing legion sized armies.
It doesn't imply that in any way. The Imperium has done a ton of crusades with regular sized chapters.
>>
File: 1492903060685.jpg (51KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492903060685.jpg
51KB, 500x281px
>"THEY DON"T EVER MOVE THE FUCKING PLOT!"
>"STOP MOVING THE FUCKING PLOT! REEEEE!!!"

Jesus christ
>>
>>52991390
>implying its the same people complaining
>>
>>52991362
And the Imperium is still a clusterfuck of horribleness because of it.
The video implies something new, bold and thought up by the tactical genius of a Primarch involving creating new genetically engineered soldiers worth of their Primarchs geneseed to be launched into a new Crusade.

We'll see what happens with the new space marines but it makes sense that either a new legion is going to be created or just a new founding. But the direction GW is taking 40k implies SOMETHING new and unusual.
>>
>>52987828
>thousands of chapters get the go ahead to finally expand beyond a thousand and Legion up
>thousands of new legions are born of both quick growing astartes and even more powerful super soldiers and weapons.
>Guilliman, Cawl, and whatever else random Imperial scientist sue create a brand new batch of Primarch 2.0s
>Xenos become folded under the Imperial banner and now become vastly expanded because 'muh imperial bias' with lots of new races and subfactions with loads of OP soldiers and war machines.
>40k Chaos gets spitroasted by Matt Ward's purgation of the grimdark so bad that once all the Chaos gods is killed by the now millions of newly retconed Primarch and Emperor/Golden Men tier mary sues, they begin conquest of the Age of Sigmar universe thanks to warp shenanigans and finally link up with Sigmar's golden empire.
>and then finally, the long forgotten squats can return to 40k in their new airships.
>>
>>52991422
Actually rewatching the video again it could also just be squads of veterans like the centurions or something lame like that.
>>
>>52991404
Yeah, I was perfectly happy locked in stasis forever. If I wanted to do something different, we had 10,000 years of history to explore, like the HH. The people who complained about the timeline not moving are - okay, I'm sure some of them are still complaining because they don't like the directions of the move, but I think for the most part they're happy.
That said, while the plot they've revealed so far is very 'meh' to me, I don't begrudge the decision to move things forward. Again, if I end up not liking it, I've got all that time in the past - including the aforementioned period of stasis.
>>
File: minotaurs.jpg (73KB, 350x293px) Image search: [Google]
minotaurs.jpg
73KB, 350x293px
High Lords are probably none too happy.

How long until the Bohemian Grove themed Minotaurs chapter tries to usurp control while Rowboat is busy?
>>
do you think the nu-marines gonna have mk7 helmet options? and jump pack and terminator variants?
I wanna use them as regular astartes
>>
>>52991209
>They're the kind of people who think trapping daemons inside machines is a good idea.
It isn't?
>>
>>52991764
FW will probably write a book about the Secret Second Heresy
>>
File: Thunder_Warrior_Model.jpg (41KB, 380x599px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder_Warrior_Model.jpg
41KB, 380x599px
>>52987828
>Implying Guilliman didn't simply bring back Thunder Warriors and call them new
>>
>>52991859
Considering how shit the dinobots have proven to be, I'd say it isn't.
>>
The idea that only a million Marines could make any kind of difference on a galactic scale was always absurd, to be fair.
>>
>>52990570
Not really. The Imperium was at th Height of its power around the Ullanor Triumph. After that, it went downhill, sliwly but durely, and ha been losing territoryalmost constantly ever since. The few pockets of expansion were quickly counterbalanced by the countless worlds that have fallen to Xenos or chaos.
>>
File: 1478148997772.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1478148997772.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>52990776
MFW when Kelbor-Hal is still alive and makes Kelbormarines so Chaos can have fancy new sprues as well.
>>
>>52991505
All signs point to a new Elite units, not a new faction. They might create them by vat growing them, but on a galactic scale you still need to make several metric fucktons more to actually replace the space marines through and through. People saying SM are getting replaced are just shitposters.
>>
>>52991964
Wouldn't that take the wind out of the sails of Space Marines though? I mean their whole shtick is being the best and they definitely take second place to Thunder Warriors.
>>
>>52992157
Guillimanman just said on the video that he was making soldiers that can wipe the floor with Marines.
>>
The new marines will cast aside their bretheren as inferior. So to did the space marine look down upon man, and the new marine swill look down upon the old.

Your doom is at hand. It will be a slow one. As the model sales increase for new marines the old ones will get less and less. As old marine molds break no more replacements will come. Soon you will be like the imperial guard and officially SOBed. Part of the lore, but with no support.

Now get up the chain you lowly space marines who failed the Emperor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fhkj_1-v3k
>>
Entire writing team needs to be fired immediately.
>>
>>52990953
As far as I know the dark gods, there is a entity calmed the forge of souls but idk if they're related, the dark adepts might get employment by it
>>
>>52992174
So... isn't that a bad buisness plan for GWs? I mean telling their largest group of customers that their special super humans are actually pretty shit to NEW IMPROVED SPACE MARINES.

If anything it sounds almost like a Mary Sue army. "The Greatest of the Great are the Space Marines... until now that is! Robot Darkness Hemingway Gorillaman is new to Imperium High School and has trouble making friends! Thanks to the powers he borrowed from his dad (who he's better than because he can get off his chair) that all might change! Will his new army of cyborg super friends be able to keep him from being bullied?!"
>>
>>52992255
>points to Sigmarines over Chaos Warriors over at Fantasy
>>
>>52992157
>Definitely take second place to Thunder Warriors
Someone hasn't read the lore.
>>
>>52992266
Sigmarines aren't actually better than chaos warriors, though. They're just chaos warriors that aren't evil.

basically the same rules, until you start looking at the elites/heroes for both sides
>>
>>52992255
It's basically confirmed that current marines are getting squatted and will slowly have their models discontinued and replaced with Ultra-Ultramarines. Just as Ward planned.
>>
>>52990280
Well, funny thing is, I wholeheartedly disagree with both of your statements. I really like history and would rather have had them focus on small conflicts in a large Galaxy. More obscure crusades and the like painted against a background of a vast and old Galaxy submerged in strife. Not the "hurr Durr look so epic lolz we fight for za whole Galaxy in one spot with 3 peoplz".
Also lorewise Guilleman is a traitor to the Emperor and far from his favourite son for any prominent position. Horus was the first choice, Form the second. Sanguinous maybe third. Guilleman is a decent primarch, but he was even defeated in an argument by a raging ball of muscle with axes.
>>
>>52992266
I feel like Chaos Warriors fan are far less likely to be frothing insane autists than vanilla Space Marines players. Especially since Chaos Warriors weren't suddenly replaced by MEGA WARRIORS.
>>
>>52992302
Fuck off, stop spouting bullshit. I swear you shitposters ruin this board. It's like when FoC came out and people were sayig the pylons blew up Cadia.
>>
Wasn't the emperor supposed to be the undisputed master of gene-sculpting? Does anyone else find it a bit wierd that some magos and the accountant primarch can make better space marines with ease?
>inb4 black library fluff
>>
>>52992327
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/40k-rumors-guilliman-planning-new-space-marines.html
It's not bullshit, anon.
>>
>>52992346
>belloflostsouls

Its bullshit.
>>
>>52992300
You mean like when the World Eaters took 4 to 1 casualties fighting Thunder Warriors?
>>
File: Fabius_Bile.jpg (26KB, 264x319px) Image search: [Google]
Fabius_Bile.jpg
26KB, 264x319px
>>52992345
Someone must have been experimenting with forbidden bio-archeotech for the past 10 thousand years. Some one whom has also been quoted saying:

""Unlike you, whelp, I once walked the same ground as your Idol . I breathed the same air as him. And I tell you this, without lie or artifice. He never wanted to become what you have made him! He did not wish to be your god-thing. He abhorred such ideals! The slavery of your crippled, blind Imperium would sicken him, if he had eyes to see it."
>>
>>52990928
>Ohoho. Note that he didn't mention aliens.
>apparently when Yvraine gets on her knees it is not to pray
top kek
>>
>>52991892
It makes a lot of sense. Minotaurs even look like Spartans compared to the Athenian look Ultras go for.
>>
>>52992549

>not Roman
>>
>>52987828
This is the first thing I've seen in 8th that I've outright hated. These shitwizards better not be trying to Sigmarine 40k. I think I'd be just about done with my CSM if they become second fiddle to NEW GAMES WORKSHOP MARINES.
>>
>>52992320
>Also lorewise Guilleman is a traitor to the Emperor
This is a stale meme. He formed Imperium Secundus when the Ruin Storm made it impossible to travel to Terra and he thought the Emperor was dead. He was trying to keep his father's dream alive. It explicitly was not a power grab because he refused command and instead gave supreme authority to Sanguinius.
>>
>>52992717
>This is the first thing I've seen in 8th that I've outright hated
pretty much

just feels like a way to get the largest demographic to buy entirely new armies
>>
>>52991187
Ffs I can see Pepe in the sky
>>
>>52992717

You don't think it's a certainty that DG won't job to Guillimarines in the new starter box?
>>
>>52992819
I play IW. We're getting jack.
>>
>>52987828
As a self-employed GW writer, this is obviously not canon. Every morning I take my coffe, give my momma a kiss, and work hard for the company, and they dont even pay for me it! Wew, all the comments on imageboards and forums I have to correct, all the endless pages of rewritten lore and wikis, its a hard life I tell you, but someones gotta do it? And who else but me! Mr. fat, unmotivated, lazy, failed, unemployed, neet. I am the hero GW deserves, but doesnt want. good night sweet dreams, rip in princes
>>
File: 1493513904383.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
1493513904383.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
>>52992717
Stay forever butt mad
>>
>>52992345
The video literally says they found some ancient lore to do it, AKA an STC or some archeotech. The Emperor was a genius but even he was limited by logistics.
>>
File: 1492915859180.png (468KB, 540x432px) Image search: [Google]
1492915859180.png
468KB, 540x432px
YOU DIDNT LISTEN
>>
>>52992717
I wouldn't be surprised if they made cult marines on par with these new ones just for balance purposes. I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do that either.
>>
File: Armour_Fate_Schematics.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Armour_Fate_Schematics.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52987828
I like this. Even if I'm doubtful of the writer's ability to execute it well.

It resembles the Vulcan Imperium in Age of Dusk here and there.

Finally, what if the newmarines aren't a genetic modification, but using a power armor patterned after what Guilliman currently uses? Being able to regenerate crippling wounds would be a great boon for a diminished Empire. It would also cause rage to sigmarine haters because the lore sounds similar. Guilliman isn't suposed to be an inventor, but like romans, improve upon the work of others. Like the true logistician he is, he managed to mass-produce the armor's mechanism.
>>
>>52987828
>comments are disabled for this video.
>>
>>52992717
Its already happening with the new restating bro.

And vehicles getting toughness now.
>>
>>52992717
I've had misgivings about other things, but this is the worst.
>people are buying 30k stuff more often now
>therefore we're making 40k into 30k by copy-pasting everything significant about the setting
In before they bring Horus back and render the Horus Heresy a completely irrelevant bump in the road for humanity.
>>
>>52992944
>what if the newmarines aren't a genetic modification
They straight up say they've done new things to the human body to make it betterer in the teaser. No real getting around it.
>>
>>52992944
They are, there's no what if. They're creating a new breed of soldiers. Otherwise they could just focus on producing the armor and not have some miracle tech to create new soldiers.

And Guilliman isn't doing it alone, did you even watch five seconds? It's Caw who led to the idea, so Guilliman not being an inventor is completely irrelevant. And again, Cawl. Why the fuck would mass-producing armor be on Guilliman, he has enough shit to worry about with statecraft and being commander in chief of the IoM.
>>
How super space marines could work:

-Repeat what they did with centurion suits. They're just sprinkled throughout the chapters and aren't all that common

What NOT to do:

-These chapters make regular space marines seem like imperial guard. Look at all their cool chapters!
>>
>>52993194
They are going to be reinforcing chapters according to the video so its not a new faction but a renewal of the Adeptus Astartes.
>>
>>52993237
They said the also mentioned rebirth for ones that were wiped out.
>>
>>52993237
What if they are growing nu-marines directly from geneseed tithe instead of neophytes?
>>
>>52993237
Do you think there are going to be a few captains and chapter masters who might not be so keen on these random "You+" guys being sent in? On one hand, they are powerful, but on the other hand it'd probably be severely emasculating.
>>
>>52993258
How the shit do you bring back dead people? Some Ynnari magic? Aren't human souls consumed in the warp anyways?
>>
>>52993300
Not dead people, dead chapters. Like putting old geneseed in new dudes.
>>
Does anyone have a script for this?

"With the Emperor's ???, we have blended..."

Is it vision? fission? or what?
>>
>>52993300
It means replenishing ranks. The yiffs got BTFO'd and are down to like 300 marines so they'll most likely get their numbers restored by these new marines. Whether or not Cawl and Bobby G know about the Canis Helix and if the new yiffs are even made with Russ' geneseed are another matter.
>>
>>52993237
Wouldn't they take pretty fast all the positions of command?

Wouldn't that make normal marines mad?
>>
>>52993376
>Wouldn't they take pretty fast all the positions of command?
no?
>>
>>52993338
Vision, nigga, use context, why the fuck would he say fission? They're talking about upgrading a creation of the emperor, not a nuclear reactor.
>>
>>52993336
Wouldn't that mean it's just the old Legions then? I don't think they can tell the difference between an Imperial Fist's geneseed and a successors. Even if it says "Property of X Chapter" they're still just stealing the name of a dead chapter at that point. The culture and history of the actual chapter are gone.
>>
>>52992951
Like on every video GW has made. A shame really since it would be great to give feed back and nobody gives a shit about Youtube comments anyway
>>
>>52993426
They're better than the marines at what the marines do. Marines get normally promoted by skills.

You tell me.
>>
>>52993448
Watch the video you fucking idiot, everyone else is capable of understanding and doesn't need shit explained three times. Why are you unusually incompetent?
>>
>>52993477
>Marines get normally promoted by skills.
actually they usually get promoted based on how good they are at commanding shit, rather than how good they are at killing shit
>>
>>52992753
Sanguinius goes right through the Ruinstorm twice. The first time to get in, the other time to go straight to Terra. And the first time he went in, it was right after both of his legs were broken in the combat where his legion was cursed and everybody thought them dead.
And after arriving to Macragge he was ready to brave the inmaterium again, but Guilliman, who was ready to entrench the VERY second he percieved Terra wasn't the top dog anymore, begged him to stay and take the title of Imperator Regis, which he was smart not to take for himself because everyone would percieve him as too eager to create his own imperium. Which he was.
Sanguinius' heart was in the right place, for he knew the important thing wasn't the Imperium, but the Emperor. There is no Imperium without the Emperor, and Guilliman is now learning this.
Guilliman never gets to Terra, yet Sanguinius defends the gate for three days straight.
Good intentions or not, that's dereliction of duty and even Primarchs can be brought to trial for that. He was lucky the Emperor died so he escaped Imperial Justice.
>>
>>52993507
So these perfected super-marines will have that custodes conditioning that makes them literal automatons?

I know its just a teaser and maybe most of these questions will be answered later but with what little we have to go on this plan of rowboat's is filled with holes and also smells of (the other) Spiritual Liege.
>>
>>52993587
Custodes are neither automatons not automaton-like. They smile when fucking up traitors and the like, not every guard unit is a Queen's Guard wannabe, what are you even talking about?
>>
>>52993552
This falls apart when you consider that he was offered command of the imperium after the heresy and refused.

>>52993587
Have you ever considered just waiting to find out rather than pulling shit from your arse?
>>
File: 40klorethread.png (91KB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
40klorethread.png
91KB, 500x543px
This feels appropriate
>>
>>52992717
Go and stay go, edgelord faggot. Chaos being the big bad is stale, boring and retarded.
>>
File: Guilliman_Saviour.jpg (657KB, 1187x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Guilliman_Saviour.jpg
657KB, 1187x1646px
>>52993682
>he was offered command of the imperium after the heresy and refused.
Ultramarine presence really does change the past, huh? He DID accept and became a Lord of Terra, IMPOSED his Codex with the appendix "it's illegal to change this law" and immediately resigned.
I mean, after that whole thing it was pretty obvious the whole "First Among Equals" was a bad idea. Now he's the only one left, so it feels appropiate he becomes Warmaster.
Or how the post is now called, "Lord Commander of the Imperium".
Make no mistake, nobody politiks like Guilliman.
>>
>>52993507
I didn't say what type of skills
>>
>>52993682
>Have you ever considered just waiting to find out rather than pulling shit from your arse?

Anon, since this video has come out, dipshits on this board have stated AS FACT:
>Lion El'Johnson's back
>New warriors = truescale marines
>The legions will be rebuilt
>All chapters are coming back
>The Indominus Crusade will remove chapter limits
>A hundred other stupid things

Not to mention the announcement of 8th still has people claiming with no doubt that 40k will basically become AoS in space.

People don't need to wait for shit, they just want shit to whine about NOW.
>>
>>52993682
Have you ever considered that people want to talk about a thing and not sit silently until release? Do you just hate people talking about ideas or something? Seriously, is something going on in your life to make you pissed at the core concept about getting hype for shit? Like, you're aware people aren't claiming to actually have all the answers for what's coming. Have you ever had a fucking conversation?
>>
>>52992364
Thunder Warriors are disposables. They have short life spans whereas the space marines live for centuries. When your endgame is securing your empire for the next 100,000 years I think longevity trumps physical strength.
>>
>>52993763
Where does it say that the Lion is finally awakening? Because the guy at the end of it is definitely not the Lion, but yet another of the numarines, since he looks the same as the others, has no mane and is surrounded by similar capsules.
>The legions will be rebuilt
>All chapters are coming back
Am I the only one who finds it funny how Cawl has been able to mass produce better marines for millenia yet nobody bothered to give him permission to press the IMPERIUM WINS CHAOS-STEPDADS LOSE button?
>>
>>52993763
If all the legions are rebuilt wouldn't that kind of put an end to the successor chapters? Or would Fists Exemplar, Black Templars etc etc fall back under the command of the Imperial Fists?
>>
>>52990953
Given the lack of chaos iconography, the pic might actually just be a normal adeptus mechanicus tech priest.
>>
>>52993816
>>52993831
I just said that none of this shit is actually being announced. All of these claims are neckbeards instantly assuming anything they want and then just thinking that this is obviously what's going to happen.

We literally have fuck all in terms of ACTUAL facts save for cryptic shit from Guilliman's speech. At this point, Cawl could be breeding an army of Jokaero-men and it'd be just as likely as the shit neckbeards are claiming, for all we know.
>>
>>52993816
Can you fucking read?
>>
>>52991434
I mean, I would love to watch that shit show
>>
>>52993886
Yeah I'm not arguing with you I'm just wondering at the feasibility of recreating the legions unless they actually just used the fresh new marines to supplement the ranks. I can't see the templars submitting to a centralized IF authority again.
>>
File: Shitposting.jpg (86KB, 890x388px) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting.jpg
86KB, 890x388px
>>52993763
>>
>>52993895
Ow. I mean, everybody was talking about the Lion and I thought he was going to be the primarch that chaged allegiances...
I still find it funny how Cawl is suddenly able to make better marines and can instantly solve the problem of understrenght chapters now.
Unless Guilliman is making Trump-tier promises :^)
>>
>>52987828
GW has decided that now is the time to find out whether there is any actual limit to how much they can get away with cucking their customers.

BITCH, BUY YOUR WHOLE ARMY AGAIN BECAUSE WE SAID SO. GIVE US ALL YOUR MONEY, NERD!
>>
>>52994034
OH MY GOD STOP MEMING ABOUT THE LION HE'S ONE OF THE MOST LOYAL PRIMARCHS, NOT EVEN A CHANGER OF WAYS COULD TURN HIM
>>
>>52994199
please tell me of this dangerous maniac holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy new sculpts, so we can inform the authorities
>>
>>52994034
The point of the post you responded to is that people are saying dumb shit with no backing, so of course it wouldn't say so anywhere.

It's old lore that Lion's alive and asleep inside The Rock, and that none of the Dark Angels even know he's in there. There's a theory that Lion was the one who actually went traitor and he's pretty much held there so they don't have to deal with him. But that's a theory that's been around a while and when people saw the mention of primarchs switching sides that was one of the main assumptions. There was also the idea of Russ coming back and seeing what happened to Fenris then falling to Khorn in a fit of rage. Or Roboute actually being evil.

But seriously, reading comprehension. It was a pretty dumb question considering that the posty our responded to answered it before you even read the part you asked about.
>>
>>52994243
Oh you don't HAVE to buy them, as long as you don't mind having your SM turned into second fiddle IG cannon fodder scrubs to the new and improved super space marines, getting little to no rule and model support and being phased out entirely in a few years.
>>
>>52990599

No, Armageddon is just heating up as a warzone because Orks were already there and now Khorne daemons are going to show up likely for similar reasons as to why Angron showed an interest in the place.

>>52990874

It's because Chaos is the main threat. The Imperium may at the moment also be fine with Eldar, Dark Eldar, Necrons, and Tau if they put aside differences to fight against Chaos, Tyranids, and Orks. The latter two are going to fight everyone and not give a shit.

All though Tau could be getting downsized since they're the only faction without any form of faster than light travel or the ability to just not care how long it takes to get from one system to the next.
>>
>>52994248
Many rumours have been true as of late, so I'm not taking stuff with the loads of salt I should be, srry.
>>
>>52994273
I think you have a serious inferiority complex, my man
>>
>>52988568
This
>>
File: done.jpg (76KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
done.jpg
76KB, 500x600px
>>52987828

>Super Space Marines
>>
File: 1471273420230.png (38KB, 1130x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471273420230.png
38KB, 1130x900px
>>52994349
Did you expect mustachioed germans with floppy hats and zweihenders or something?
>>
More people need to dislike this video so games workshop don't get the wrong idea.
>>
>>52989089
"Rowboat: A Girlyman"
>>
>Girlyman fills out the ranks of the depleted Chapters with his Guillimarines
>He says "In exchange you may now submit to my ultra authority as Supreme Ultra Warmaster."
>Many say no
>For a brief second anyway before their shiny new reinforcements turn their guns on them and reveal they were made with Ultramarine geneseed
>The New Marines kill the Old Marines
>All Space Marines are now Ultramarines
>Just as ultra planned
>>
>>52994477
>>
File: images (1).jpg (27KB, 428x344px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
27KB, 428x344px
>>52991269
Relictors! Assemble!!
>>
So when does Rowboat Girlyman dissolve the Ministorum?
>>
>>52994577
The Ministrorum does an excellent job by being able to function at all, despite its hillarious mistakes.
Planets pay tithe, planets are defended, what else do you want?
>Alternative
Whenever he orders Cawl to press the SUDDEN FLAWLESS LOGISTICS button he's had for centuries now.
>>
>>52994477
People are really trying hard to turn guilliman around as some secretly evil traitor, aren't they.
>>
>>52994650
yep
>>
>>52994650
>Guilliiman secret traitor CONFIRMED
>>
>>52987828

Meh... And I had almost hoped for true-scale marines.
They had a golden opportunity to make something cool with admec but no... more space marines...
And what will be the point of custodes now that they have an even better type of fighter?
>>
>>52994577
>>52994622
>dissolving it
>not fixing it
>Imperium gains trillions of fresh troops every time Robby G notices a rounding error
>>
>>52987828
So, question: How would one have moved the setting forward, while still appeasing fans?
>>
>>52992174
>Begun the Clone War has.
>>
>>52994803
I liked Cadia blowing up but Cadians themselves still existing due to being the ultramarines of the Imperial Guard. Tragedy, yet hope.
The Imperium got it's shit together with Guilliman's return, so I guess the blow comes afterwards? I don't see how chaos is supposed to have a shot at this one, not even with the Daemon Primarchs returning, somehow.
Guilliman is like Garviel Loken.
He just doesn't die.
>>
>>52994744
>Return to Terra
>Terra has been converted into space marines
>Call up AdMech
>AdMech is now space marines
>Call in Sisters for aid against space marine horde
>Female space marines
>Eldar have sacrificed their race and given over their technology to the Imperium
>In the name of super-psychic space marines
>Soon all matter in the galaxy is converted into space marines
>All armies are space marines
>Game is now just called "Space Marines 40billion" and the goal is to have more space marines than your opponent. Bigger space marines count for more space marine points.
>>
File: 1446615315583.jpg (124KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
1446615315583.jpg
124KB, 900x563px
>>52994876
>>
File: Captain-America-Reveal-06282016.jpg (640KB, 800x976px) Image search: [Google]
Captain-America-Reveal-06282016.jpg
640KB, 800x976px
>>52994650
>>52994672
>>
>>52994946
can you not remind me of mainstream comic writing, please
>>
>>52994931
Well for starters they literally split the galaxy in half with a giant warp storm.
>>
File: planet of guardsmen.jpg (605KB, 1089x2066px) Image search: [Google]
planet of guardsmen.jpg
605KB, 1089x2066px
>>52994940
There still will be more guardsmen.
>>
>>52994962
It's better if you pretend it never happened.
>>
File: galaxy-shadowbox (1).jpg (378KB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-shadowbox (1).jpg
378KB, 2000x1600px
>>52994931
The Imperium has got some issues right now.
>>
File: 1493565936006.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493565936006.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>52993831
>If all the legions are rebuilt wouldn't that kind of put an end to the successor chapters? Or would Fists Exemplar, Black Templars etc etc fall back under the command of the Imperial Fists?

You could have both, new legions to wage the crusade and old chapters to defend planets or shit, or reinforcements.
>>
>>52993831
>>52995045
>Each succesor chapter grows to legion-tier strength
>>
>>52995030
It also looks like the the Tau may have to finally pay the piper for their charmed empire. Completely surrounded by Necrons and warp storms.
>>
>>52995030
Damn we are FUUUCKED
>>
>>52995074
>break through the necrons to get away from chaos
>run into the guns of the ultramarines
>>
>>52995074
>The Necrons discover their last living descendants
>They are now brought in under the banner of the Greater Good, sharing their knowledge and technology
>>
>>52995074
>Necrons to the west
>Tyranids to the east
>Warp storms fuggin everywhere

How big do you reckon the mech suit that solves these problems will be?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 500x275px
>>52995140
How big indeed?
>>
>>52987828
So hes going to make space marine versions of space marines? Literally going against one of the emperors biggest no nos, modifying humans and gene seed, the things an entire legions (Emperors children) Went nuts about doing.

Why the fuck would you need to enhance space marines to be super space marines. Christ GW. I almost wish they could just sigmar us now.
>>
>>52995138
..FUCK
>>
>>52995030
Some neat stuff in here. The north side of the map is labeled Imperium Nihilus. Sucks to be the Blood Angels I guess. Also there look to be two safe passages from one side to the other, in the east near Cirillo Prime labeled the "Temporary Rift Corridor" and in the West near the Eye labeled "Nachmund Gauntlet". I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing fluff and campaigns about these. If nothing else this map makes more places in the galaxy interesting.
>>
>>52995201
The inertialess drives make a comeback.
The Tau have them
>>
>>52995247
I bet papa smurf will let us jack that shit
>>
>>52995193
>Why the fuck would you need to enhance space marines to be super space marines

All nu-marines have the pariah gene and the strength of the thunder warriors.
>>
>>52995270
Not necessary, the Imperium now has access to the Webway
>>
>>52995300
Great....now i need to repaint my whole fucking army because that shit is going to bother the fuck outta me
>>
>>52995319
>Believing what /tg/ says.
>>
>>52995300
What of the Custodes then?
>>
>>52995319
Hold off until we get some REAL info.
>>
>>52995346
Still around. You have a smorgasbord of super-marines to choose from.
>>
>>52995367
They would be lesser than the nuMarines, as well as ultimately less numerous. Not even good enough to guard the Throne since they can be replaced by better marines.
>>
>>52995140
>Necrons to the left of me
>Tyranids to the right
>here I am stuck in the middle with kroot
>>
>>52995453
Watch the tau evolve somehow.
>>
File: 400px-Pillarstodes.jpg (23KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Pillarstodes.jpg
23KB, 400x223px
>>52995346
Custodes are lazy faggots that have been doing absolutely nothing for 10,000 years. Jaq Draco, the Harlequins, the Outcast Dead, gene stealers, Severian (The Wolf) etc, all shining examples of how lazy they are.
They will be replaced by nu-custodes.
>>
>>52995518
But what will they do, then?
>>
>>52991390
It's almost like 40k's fanbase has been irrevocably broken for years now.
>>
>>52994275
>All though Tau could be getting downsized since they're the only faction without any form of faster than light travel or the ability to just not care how long it takes to get from one system to the next.

Just give them access to the webway, bought/rented from some Necron Dynasty
>>
The only thing that I might like out of these Numarines is that hopefully it will cause a rift between oldmarines and Nu and make a ton of chapters go renegade. Might atleast help even out the number between the nu marines and CSM since it looks like Robutt just pulled a legion out of his ass
>>
>>52995763
It will certainly make the million strong Black Legion theory viable.
>>
>>52995789
Yeah I always felt that CSM needed a boost in bodies. This may lead to the opportunity needed to do so.
>>
>>52995789
>million strong Black Legion theory

Its not a theory anon, the Black Legion is much bigger than what Horus ever had BUT its mostly non-astartes, things like mutant hordes and renegade xenos/pirates/legions of demons.
>>
>>52996388
>the Black Legion is much bigger than what Horus ever had
>BUT its mostly non-astartes, things like mutant hordes and renegade xenos/pirates/legions of demons.
Yeah, I remember how Horus never had a full half of mankind's mortal armies and how the Fabricator General never declared Mars for him.

How many marines the Black Legion has, anon? Not daemons, not mortals, not even allied warbands. Just Black Legion marines. I will hand it to Abaddon, though. He has been Warmaster waaaaaay longer than the mere 8 years Horus was :^)
>>
>>52992122
>all the chaos marines get the recessive genes
>they're all marinelets
>>
File: 1233754320599.jpg (146KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1233754320599.jpg
146KB, 640x480px
>that anon that posted about supermegamarines before anyone
>that picture that everyone swore was just a kitbash/conversion
>all that denial and swearing that gw would never do to 40k what they did to fantasy
>>
File: 1443346919789.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1443346919789.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>52995453
>>
>>52996626
There still people somehow insisting this isn't Age of Sigmar 40k despite the plot we've been given thus far being Age of Sigmar 40k.
>>
>>52990929
Seriously fuck nuhammer 40k. Age of girbyman is no different than age of sigmar.
>>
>>52996721
Yeah, it's really blatantly obvious that they had planned to go full AoS on 40k from the start and had all this shit prepared for it, but after the shitstorm AoS caused they had to try and dial it back a bit but at the same time they still have to use all this they already prepared anyway.
>>
>>52995193
>So hes going to make space marine versions of space marines?

Isn't that what the Grey Knights are? Or those golden guys?
>>
>>52993763
/thread
>>
>>52993744

So he's 10,000 years old, huh? Doesn't look a day past 9,999.
>>
>>52996814
I'm still holding out hope that maybe the Emperor beamed the plans for the new marines into Guilliman's head. That would be a lot easier to accept than Guilliman waking up with a degree in marine-engineering, and the Mechanicus, whose last attempted at improving space marines was called a "cursed founding" where the criteria for a successful chapter was "not exterminated by the Inquisition for rampant mutation on sight", suddenly getting their together overnight.
>>
>>52996945
It took Cawl thousands of years to come up with something workable. It did not happen overnight.
>>
So what does everyone think happened in the Emperors throne room?

I like to think that Guilliman sat there for a day waiting for some sort of response from daddy, only to be met with silence. Finally he just picked up his sword and said Fuck It, I'm going to fix this myself.
>>
>>52997049
Everybody started singing Cat's in the Cradle.
>>
>>52997049
Well in the Age of Apotasy he told Alicia to go shoot Vandire in the face. But that was 5000 years ago.

Going by Jaq Draco he probably just started having an unsolicited philosophical breakdown in Guilliman's head and then kicked him out.
>>
>>52996840
Grey Knights are just psyker marines made for the proto-inquisition.

Custodes (the golden ones) are pretty much the buffed up space marines. That's the main thing I have an issue with. I doubt it's going to go full AoS even with giga nigga units showing up, I just have an issue with how redundant it is. We now have marines, bigger marines that the emperor made, and bigger marines that Cawl shat out. Unless they're some kind of bullshit cyborg golem things to be the equivalent of MCs then I just see it as time and resources they could have put into something more worthwhile. Even then, my poor Iron Hands would fade away.
>>
>>52997084
>One problem with our line is the lack of variety. I mean. Sure we have space marines. But what about.... Space Marine, Space Marines. H-hear me out.
>>
>>52992929
I hate that gorget so much. I want truscale marines, but this puts me off. I can live with terrible rounded kneepads and smaller shoulderpads, but gorget is a dealbreaker for me.
>>
>>52996626
>picture that everyone swore was just a kitbash/conversion
nigger what, those threads were mostly people taking the piss out of the denialfags once the picture with demo man showed up
>>
>>52991390
>12 year olds wanted epic plot advancement where super heroes determine the fate in personal duels
>everybody else hated the idea, but was too busy actually playing the game and painting their miniatures to kick off a media campaign of whining
yeah
>>
>>52991859
It is, until your Drop Pod eats your buddy.
>>
>>52997152
>Implying my buddy wasn't an aspiring champion I was plotting to knife in the back at the eve of our next victory.
Still seems like a flawless idea to me.
>>
>>52997166
sure, until the drop pod decides to eat you
>>
>>52997143

>40k players
>ever too busy to complain
???????????????????????
>>
>>52994650
They're mostly jealous that there are actually primarchs that aren't either assholes or incompetent or dead.
>>
>>52992255
>mfw played Black Orc heavy army in whfb and AoS literally turned them into cheerleaders for bigger and badder Orcs(orruks)
>>
>>52997084
I'm kind of hoping that they start introducing some crazy new warp spawned marines for chaos just to keep parity between the two forces. We've already got stuff like the obliterators and daemonkin units, it would be kind of neat if they started churning out even MORE bizarre abominations of flesh and ceramite, bound through dark powers.
>>
>>52997256
:>implying 200% ardboyz isn't the only correct way to run ironjawz

What are you salty for, friend?
>>
>Reboot Guilliman
>>
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the super space marines shit has existed in fluff for a long fucking time, starting with Corax, he figured out how to use his own primarch genetics to make roided up marines for his legion, until he fucked some shit up. That's all that's happening here, same exact thing, it's not even new.
>>
>>52995074
you mean the T'au

was Tau not trademarkable?
>>
>>52987828
What if instead of super space marines, they are actually worse, but easier to produce? We get vast legions of sub-par marines using IG human wave tactics.
>>
>>52997308
I was thinking the same, wonder if Alpha Legion wilk sabotage it again.
>>
>>52997331
I coukd get behind that, make the WS/BS 4+ but maybe t5 because they're bigger crappier marines.
>>
Grey Knights already trivialized the existence of other Space Marines anyway, I don't see how this is new or exciting.
>>
>>52997308
>in fluff for a long fucking time
pretty much only been a result of the 30k novels which a good portion of the fanbase think is fucking horrible

Corax originally just made normal marines with his science project.
>>
I guess everyone in this thread is either too young to remember or too old and have gone senile.

This isn't the first time they've replaced the space marine models with new improved ones, it's not even the second or the third.

>Rogue trader era
>2nd edition had at least 2 types
>new marines around 3rd
>current day stuff

They're probably just adding a lore reason why it's happening this time
>>
>>52997327

Tau is a just a Greek letter. It is also the name of a particle.
>>
>>52997450
>and anon was retarded
They have never added new space marines ie supersede the original this is competely new.
>>
File: 1419397123058.jpg (136KB, 1577x420px) Image search: [Google]
1419397123058.jpg
136KB, 1577x420px
>>52997450
That anon gets it.
>>
>>52997505
No, he clearly doesn't.
>>
>>52997143
>everyone who likes plot progression is a child
>TRUE fans would never enjoy reading or playing in an advancing storyline

Thanks for speaking for the community, I'm so glad I gave you my vote at the last election
>>
>>52997490
> reading comprehension, 8 year old
I said they've replaced the models lots of times, but I also said this is the first time, if that's what they're doing, they've done it with lore as well
>>
>>52997527
pretty much, your sarcasm changes nothing
>>
>>52997450
>They're probably just adding a lore reason why it's happening
Which is why I've got more of a problem with it than I did with the RT->2e->3e visual updates. Now the normal marines and the super marines will have to share space and be distinct from one another in the fiction instead of just all being space marines.

It raises even more problems with existing characters. It's not like you can just say dante or calgar picked up some mkIX armour at the shops, because they're not the special extra-chromosome marines.
>>
>>52994577
People think the ministorum is the administratum /munitorum

Shiggy diggy
>>
>>52997608
I'm with holding my autistic screeching until I read what they're actually doing.
I cant see how they can create Super Space Marines without fucking it up, but then I'm not a writer.

What I am completely 100% fine with is that we're getting new space marine models, it's always been shit that they were barely bigger than Guardsmen
>>
>>52997686
>I cant see how they can create Super Space Marines without fucking it up, but then I'm not a writer.
Neither is anybody at GW.
>>
>>52997646
I'm pretty sure he meant the Ministorum as he wrote, the Ecclesiarchy.

But if you've read Rise of the Primarch Robuteh accepts them as a necessary evil, they write it off in a single paragraph after the battle in his status chamber, something like
>You would do wise not to remove the Ecclesiarchy for fear of another civil war
>>
>>52997686
I'm mostly fine with what I've seen of the models, but it would have been so much less of a pain in the ass to just say they're space marines using new gear.
>>
>>52997694
I unironically thoroughly enjoyed Gathering Storm
>>
>>52987828
Stupid. This is all stupid.

The lore of 40K was always about being bloody but unbowed and not going quietly into the night, things gradually decaying and falling apart but brave men and women doing everything they could to hold them together.

The gathering storm breaks the setting. It turns it into star wars.

I dunno about anyone else, but my plan is to only read 40K books and lore set before Gathering Storm, and basically ignore everything from after it, except to maybe skim it out of morbid fascination.

Hopefully they still let writers work in that period, but then again maybe running out of 40K material wouldn't be too bad. I'd finally have some sense of completionism regarding the whole setting.
>>
>>52997711
They could easily still do that, we'll have to wait and see (but who doesn't love a good shitposting thread when we have zero facts but one image and a vague video!)
>Brothers, I and Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl have created new methods of preparing Space Marines, whence it took months to prepare a single Marine now we can achieve dozens in the same time frame.
>Bla blah blah blah
>Turns out the new marines are just the same as the old ones in stats, betterer armour, but cleaner or closer to the original Legions in their genetic template
How GW is dealing with the fluff is going to be crucial and they will know that full well
>>
>>52997686
>I cant see how they can create Super Space Marines without fucking it up, but then I'm not a writer.
Have them as an Elite cadre within the marines, as supreme linebreakers, but in battle they enter in a "Battle Focus" where they are 100% submerged in righteous zeal. This makes them nearly incorruptible, but also unfit for command so regular Marine Heroes are still relevant and basic Marines are valuable as backup and tactical support.
>>
>>52997776
>They could easily still do that, we'll have to wait and see
They could, but I doubt it. Not much second guessing lines like
>gene-forged beyond the capabilities of their brethren
and
>the truest heirs of their primarchs legacies

Maybe there's a massive drawback in their design we don't know about yet, but they'll have to do a really fuckin good job selling me on these guys beyond "they're taller and better and newer so buy them", where before this I was totally set to buy some mkX and tart up my old space marine army.
>>
>>52997826
>The NuMarines' superpower is Combat Autism
I'm fine with this.
>>
>>52997703
I know he understood, I was referring to his replies.
There'd be conversations with the sisters if he tried to bring back turbo atheism in a universe that manifestly has chaos gods.
>>
>>52990953
this is normal mevanicus you somalian trap
>>
>>52997772
look, the 40k version of a WHFB grognard.

have fun doing that for 2 years before reading and playing 8th
>>
>>52997331
>We get vast legions of submarines using IG human wave tactics.
Daz brillian' bozz
>>
>>52997772
You reminds me of this guy who will still only play 3rd ed 40k.

He's a cunt.
>>
>>52992364
TW were always psychotic, short lived, unruly warriors. Their only advantage over SM was a slight strength advantage.
But, for some reason, some anons on /tg/ turned that into "TW are so good SM don't stand a chance evah!". TW were used for the Unification Wars and that's it.

>inb4 that one time they managed to outkill SM because they were in a perfect defensive position against War Gounds that have the tactical acumen of the average lettuce
Had it been any other Legion, they would have been killed with a lot less casualty. People turned that extract around into a TW wankfest when it was originally intended as an illustration of the already present fury of the 12th Legion, even in its early stage, to the point where they basically jump in front of the enemy's guns to get the job done.

Hence that futile boner over something that was used for less than a century, and whose only importance is in an extremely shitty book is misplaced at best, outright stupid at worst.
>>
>>52997772
>The lore of 40K was always about being bloody but unbowed and not going quietly into the night, things gradually decaying and falling apart but brave men and women doing everything they could to hold them together.
No, it's about grimdark future where there's only war
>>
>>52997826
Isn't that what normal Space Marines already are?
>>
>>52997772
>The lore was always about X in my mind therefore I cannot comprehend being wrong
The lore has been, since 2nd edition the coming of end times when the fate of the galaxy would be decided, the Imperiums bloated rotting carcass giving way to either destruction or salvation, most of us who have been discussing this since the late 80s and early 90s thought it would be the second coming of the Emperor and/or the Primarchs OR the death of the Emperor and the return to pre-Astronomican warp travel.

I'm totally fine with what they've done, leaving things pretty much as is but returning the primarchs one by one
>>
>>52997686
They can just have them as new Elite options with the lore excuse being that they're absurdly costly to produce and really big, so squads can be three or four Super Space Marines and fight alongside older Space Marines. They can go all out on pimping out their armour in that case too, and jack up the price while they're at it and push SSM as hard as they push Sigmarines.
>>
>>52998011
normal space marines are able to both be tied down in single combat and at the same time keep the strategical and tactical overview of the battle to lead troops and react to the flow of battle. "battle autism", as the other anon put it so nicely, would be a nice variation on the "human weapon of war" theme, keep reg marines relevant and distinct and maybe at long last actually give marines a line breaker worth a damn.
>>
THIS IS NOT CANON
>>52998029
>>52998029
>>52998029
>>
>>52998032
This isn't good enough because the models look fantastic, I want to run my entire SM army, assault troops, tactical squads, etc with these things.

They will make current Space Marines look like 2nd edition boxed models and before anyone moans about having to replace their armies lots and lots of people complained when they did it all the previous times, especially with the terminator models, nobody cares now it'll be the same with the new marines.
>>
>>52997983
>because they were in a perfect defensive position
Where does it say that?

>War Hounds that have the tactical acumen of the average lettuce
The War Hounds were as tactically competent as any other legion. The XII only went to shit when the nails were installed.
>>
>>52998061
It's the only thing I can see them doing unless it's an entirely new army which would be stupid. It's far more likely it's a new army.
>>
>>52998085
I don't buy it, there's been a meeting somewhere
>Hey Larry we want to bring the fans Truescale marines
>Sure thing Johnson, but since we're doing all this new lore and background wouldn't it be super neat to come up with a reason for the change?
>Why, you're onto something Larry, that way we could sell them more background novels, everyone loves those right!
>Absolutely, I don't see how any of this could possible backfire in our faces and create complaints
>Of course Larry, warhammer fans are notoriously mild mannered when it comes to opinion. Get started right away!

It's going to be new marines to replace the old ones, again.
>>
File: fatdragon.jpg (206KB, 866x720px) Image search: [Google]
fatdragon.jpg
206KB, 866x720px
>marinelets will be joining imperial guard and sisters of battle in irrelevancy
>>
>>52993786
Why that ? You can just churn out new warriors. Regular soldiers also have an expiration date.
>>
>>52998132
I think they should have played up how the Thunder Warriors got shafted by the Emperor as one of the talking points of the traitors during the Heresy.
>he butchered loyal Thunder Warriors when they were no longer needed, what will he do with us when the great crusade is over?
If I was an Astartes I'd be a little concerned.
>>
>>52998174
Actually that IS brought up more than once, loyalists and traitors in the books sort of wonder what happened to the TW

Hell one of Abbadon/Horus's opening arguments against the Emperor has to do with his plans for them once the great crusade is over
>>
>>52997971
That's passive aggressiveness and it's a sign of low self esteem.

Watch closely.

You are a cunt
>>
File: IMG_8490.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8490.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
>There are people in this thread that have never experienced having their entire armies being made obsolete
>>
File: 9237840.jpg (6KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
9237840.jpg
6KB, 250x183px
>>52997125
Looks gorge-ous to me
>>
>>52998229
How were those made obselete? Until now they've never replaced marines.
>>
>>52998229
This will be the only time I've had them made obsolete in the fluff, unless you count my minuscule squat contingent in RT.
>>
>>52998264
I'm talking armies, not fluff.
Either way it doesn't matter, new models will replace old ones and after a couple of years everyone will have forgotten about the shitstorm as they always do
>>
>>52997941
This actually is distinctly worse and tosses away the appeal of the setting.

It's like some kind of naruto/power rangers bullshit now where land battles get sidelined for the sake of duels between superheroes and everything revolves around a handful of people 'Remember me?' characters.

There's no more 'this regiment did that' it's 'Celestine did that'.
>>
>>52998289
>new models will replace old ones
Thing is these don't seem to just be new models, mate. That's the problem.
>>
>>52998343
>Don't seem to be
That assumption is based on the video alone which is pretty vague about the whole thing..
I could easily be an upgrade facility, where current SM's are "improved" in batches but we're all guessing.
For GW to create new Space Marine models and not try and get their fanbase to replace their armies for the 8th time or whatever is to underestimate them
>>
>>52998072
If I remember well they were hauled up in some place.
Close quarters combat against berzerkers can actually be pretty damn easy to contain if you establish kill zones with corridors and shit and just wait for them to come in.

And no they don't, they were already known for bzing bloodthirsty, cue that massacre when they slaughtered some people to the man where the commanding officer was asked how many prisoners were made, with im being genuinely surprised and answering he wasn't told to make any.

>The Twelfth Legion was formed on Terra, from no particular geographic recruiting ground. Fragmentary records do suggest however, that during the formation process of the legion, an experimental screening process may have resulted in the initial intakes being formed from the most aggressive and competitive of candidates. While this cannot be confirmed with certainty, early records of the Legion do note that it was considered a highly aggressive, hot-blooded, and savage force.

Hence why that passage was made to show how brutal they were, killing the last remnants of the TW in what amounted to a zerg rush and suffered according casualties.

And then again, the small strength advantage TW had over Astartes isn't enough to justify all the other downsides.
>>
I want to start Blood Angels. Should I just wait and use the new marines coming out, since it looks like a scale creep? Or am I safe to start now?
>>
>>52998491
I'd wait till they give more details about these SM's
>>
>>52998229
thats literally never happened with GW.
>>
>>52998587
Every time new models come out the old ones are not allowed to be used in the store after a period of time.
In competitive play it's also not allowed and in FLGS it's also frowned upon due to the height difference.

Try taking a second edition army somewhere to play seriously with, especially those tiny terminators.
>>
>>52998645
>Every time new models come out the old ones are not allowed to be used in the store after a period of time.
what? no
>>
>>52998645
Why would a person come on the internet and just make things up?
>>
File: 1477041330552.png (856KB, 969x779px) Image search: [Google]
1477041330552.png
856KB, 969x779px
I'm ok with this. Nu-marines would kinda suck for Marine players, but the idea of a renewed Imperial effort under Rubber Gorillaman is nice.
>>
>>52992549
Nope. Ultras are Greco-Roman.

If you want Athenians, then the Iron Snakes fit it...maybe. They can very well be something else in a Greek way instead of Athenians. The Snakes are in fact one big shout-out to Odysseus and his Ithaca.
>>
>>52998670
>Nu-marines would kinda suck for Marine players
Not really.
It's been a long time since there was a new basic model for tac marines, and I wager that the new armor sets will have different rules, likely being elites in the same regard as stern/vanguard.
Even if they aren't, you can legally run earlier marks of PA and bolters because chapters still have them, and occasionally use them, so the precedent has always been there.
>>
>>52998711
>long time since new models for Tac marines
Say what? I play marines and even I can see we're getting TOO MANY releases, not too few. Apart from the scouts, our whole infantry range is brand new and we still get new plastics in the form of the HH boxes each year.
>>
>>52998711
If that's true even that would be neat. The only thing I might be bothered by is them replacing Tac marines with a differently-sized version, or making Nu-marines their own special army that gets all the neat Nu-marine toys while old and busted marines get left out in the cold.
>>
>>52995030
Guys, guys! Schindelgeist is canon in 40k now! >>52995016 It's on the map!
>>
>>52998724
I didn't say marines got too few, but I am talking about the absolute stock mk. 7 marines, not the many variant armor marks or HH figures.
Tacs and scouts are the oldest models, iirc.
>>
>>52998737
have you thought that maybe that name was canon before the creation of chapter master and was the reason it was included in it in the first place?
>>
>>52987828
>Shows Ultramarines having a hard time
>They along with other Chapters get reinforcements
>Shows Space Wolves who lost Fenris and now have a hard time
>They, along with other Chapters who are dying are offered rebirth

So Guilliman's new, improved Space Marines will make the Astartes Stronger than ever? Also that means that the Space Wolves won't die out after Fenris got blasted to kingdom come?
>>
>>52998773
>Tacs and scouts are the oldest models, iirc.
Tacs are relatively new. 6e, I think?

Terminators and scouts are the oldest, both being from (I want to say) 4e.
>>
>>52987828

So, new founding incoming as well as lift of chapter restrictions so the Black Templars don't have to pussyfoot the fact that they have been ignoring said restrictions?
>>
>>52998711
>It's been a long time since there was a new basic model for tac marines
>vanilla tactical marines in 2013
>blood angel tactical marines in 2014
>mk 4 tactical marines in 2016

Holy shit, what an incredibly long time it's been.
>>
>>52998815
>cries in SoB, IG or even CSM
>>
File: 1488305153891.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1488305153891.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>52998874
>SoB
S-someday we'll get new models
>>
>>52998897
>>52998874
>Unironcally thinking SoB are good
>>
>>52998902
Screw you, they're a nice addition to the setting.
>>
File: 1459768721149.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1459768721149.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>52998902
t. codex updated yearly
>>
>>52998645
i was in a GW store using 2e fexs just last week with no issues.
>>
File: 1470164769324.jpg (11KB, 222x385px) Image search: [Google]
1470164769324.jpg
11KB, 222x385px
>>52998645
>>
Does anyone play xenos races? I wanna be genestealer cults. They look cool.
>>
>>52987828
inb4 XX create their own nuMarines
>>
>>52998645
>very time new models come out the old ones are not allowed to be used in the store after a period of time.
>In competitive play it's also not allowed and in FLGS it's also frowned upon due to the height difference.
the fuck?
what kind of draconian nightmare do game in? Even non friendly LGS don't do that. Nor do tournaments, even back when offical 40k tournaments were a thing.
>>
>>52998968
Which space marine chapter is that? Never heard of them.
>>
>>52999032
What tournaments have you played where playing 2nd edition miniatures was acceptable
>>
>>52999059
All of them? Fuck, some armies still have 2e models in their army books.
>>
>>52998244
I hate you.
>>
>>52999108
I'm specifically referencing tactical marines and terminators
>>
>>52999173
I've used my 2e army every couple months for the past twenty years, and in tournaments taking place in four different countries.
>>
>>52997686
Numarines have no free will.
Turns out Guilliman wants to replace real space marines with mechanicus abominations, uncapable of treason. Chapters are banned from using their own gene-seeds, every fallen brother must be replaced by a guillimarine.
Chapter masters notice the fuckery a little bit too late. Civil war ensues between the nu-imperium and the SM resistance.
>>
>>52999173
last year one of the guys at the biggest events in my city was still using some of his old metal terminators.

noone expects you to buy the new version to replace minis you already own
>>
>>52999191
>A person who cheeses his games by taking miniatures half the size of everyone elses thinks it's ok
>>
>>52997926
ah yes, the completely normal tech priest with the completely normal obliterator virus infection doing completely normal obliterator virus things, as sanctioned by the Omnissian creed

completely normal
>>
>>52999240
who cheeses, tou just fudge things for the height.
same as you do when someone has a cool mini conveesion and you play the game as if isn't taller than normal.
TLoS was a mistake
>>
>>52997686
My dad works at Nintendo, and he says that nuMarines are actually just new Ultramarine models and can't be fielded by any other forces. Roboute hordes Super Ultramarines for himself and other chapters are a separate army list.
>>
>>52999240
>miniatures half the size of everyone
how fucking small do you think 2e marines were? Have you even seen them?
>>
>>52999331
Yes, I own plenty of the 2nd edition terminators, would you like a side by side comparison?
>>52998229
>>
File: Untitled.png (685KB, 947x538px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
685KB, 947x538px
>>52999339
Considering you're apparently blind and obviously deranged, no thanks.
>>
File: IMG_8491.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8491.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52999373
Identical!
>>
File: IMG_8493.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8493.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52999405
It's like I'm seeing double
>>
>>52999408
If you think that's half the size, you need to get your eyes checked.

The only actually relevant difference is the size of the bases, not the miniatures themselves. Unless you really think those extra milimetres off the top are swinging games left and right.
>>
>>52999408
If you think the mini on the left could take cover and abuse LoS just as easily as the one on the right there is no hope for you and you must be horrible to play against
>>
>>52999500
And that's why TLOS is pure cancer and needs to go away.
>>
>>52999511
TLOS has been in the game since at least 1993. It's one of the foundation mechanics of the game, if you don't want TLOS then you shouldn't be playing games workshop games
>>
>>52999542
Vehicle-MC separation has been a thing since 1993 and it's gone. The golden cows are dying and it's glorious.
>>
>>52994557
You can't revive traitors.
>>
>>52997244
>inb4 people try to say robouteh is an asshole
He just didn't put up with any of his emo brothers bullshit, looking at you lorgar
>>
>>52995518
Custodes has been keeping the lid of the demon hole under the palace closed, along with the Sisters of Silence for 10,000 years. On top of that they are engaged in Imperial political stabby-stabby games.
>>
>>52999707
He didn't even want all that shit with Monarchia. The Emps made him do it and Bobby G regretted it up until Calth. He was explicitly looking forward to trying to rebuild relations with the Word Bearers.
>>
>>52996441
Hundreds of thousand most probably. Would be more if chaos faggots would stop killing each other.
>>
>>52997049
>WHAT THE FUCK TOOK YOU SO LONG, YOU BLUE BALLED FOUR-EYED NERD?
>>
File: Local Man ruins everything.jpg (53KB, 587x663px) Image search: [Google]
Local Man ruins everything.jpg
53KB, 587x663px
>>52999707
Tbh, what did Lorgar even expect? The Emperor told him explicitly that he doesn't want to be worshipped and religion is banned, so be a good boy and don't build giant churches to worship him.
Yet he does so anyway, and wonders why Big E is mad at him for breaking one of his most important rules.
>>
>>52996930
He got grooming tips from Sanguinius.
And look at those Cadians. They are the toughest sons of bitches in that picture. They'd been kicking ass since the attack on Cadia.
>>
>>52999785
Its the old "I know better than daddy" the traitor primarchs have.
>>
>>52999818
Dunno man, for someone whose entire shtick is "I love you daddy, and I want everyone else to love you too", he sure doesn't heed his fathers advice very much.
I mean sure, he didn't really like war and all that, but going full retard and doing the exact opposite of what he's been told to do was...dumb.
>>
>>52999876
That could sum up the rest of 40k lore. "Dumb".
>>
>>52997772
You just summarised how I feel about gathering storm and the setting as a whole in a single post. Bravo anon, bravo.
>>
>>53000391
Fuck off the gathering storm was awesome
>>
File: 1478856925611.jpg (432KB, 838x911px) Image search: [Google]
1478856925611.jpg
432KB, 838x911px
>>52998786
Guilliman will take us to a Golden Age anon, you better believe it.
>Chaos will be destroyed.
>We will establish diplomatic relations with Tau and Eldar, and trade will thrive too.
>Tyranids will be destroyed.
>Necrons will donate pylons and the rift will be fixed again.
>Vulcan and Dorn will return and make the galaxy great again.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 193x135px
>>52994940
Oh god something just hit me.

What if GW make the new space marines female because of muh new dark age forgotten tech.
>>
>>53001177
Not gonna happen. Hopefully. Maybe.
...Shit.
>>
>>53001177
Who cares? It's not like it's any stupider than anything else they're doing.
>>
>"they're totally just a kitbash, not new marines"
>nope
>"they're totally just Mk8 standing straight, not new marines"
>nope

What next?
>>
>>53001080
>Tau
Tau are one of the numerous smaller species the Imperium has to deal with on a daily basis. They have no use for them. The only xenos powerful enough to make an alliance worth it are eldars, necrons and orks. Necrons ate still pretty hell bent on killing the living and orks won't happen for very obvious reasons.

I wouldn't say no to Eldars though.
>>
>>53001225
"Only smelly neckbeards care about this kind of thing you just like to complain about Games Workshop as usual. I think SupererMarines are cool."
>>
>>53001253
I think the general consensus is rather to wait for the actual release rather than to cry bloody murder like some people do.
>>
>>52997308
>until he fucked some shit up

Correction: Until the Alpha legion stole the doodad that made it work.
>>
>>52994557
LAMENTERS, A-AAAUGH!
>>
>>52997450
I think it's different this time.

The original model changes were simply just improvements to the molds/modelling and new armor marks.

This is the first time both in lore and tabletop there is going to be a new brand of Super Humans post-marines. I don't think regular marines are going to disappear.
>>
>>52998645
That is 100% wrong. Using your old models is allowed as long as there are rules for it.

Most people get impressed when they see vintage models.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.