[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Death: Monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 60

File: kdm.jpg (31KB, 392x499px) Image search: [Google]
kdm.jpg
31KB, 392x499px
I haven't seen Kingdom Death thread in what feels like an eternity. Maybe this won't turn into one either.

If does, I got this question that I haven't played even a single campaign yet, but I got Lion God and Sunstalker expansions, and I'm planning on getting the Lonely Tree to boot. How badly I messed up with the expansions?
>>
>>52985127
I unfortunately can't answer your questions, I've only played the base game via tabletop simulator
Though from what I've heard, Gorm is supposed to be a good one? Since it's another lowlevel thing that isn't White Lion. And Sunstalker and Dragon King have variant campaigns in them.
>>
>>52988215

Gorm is visually very appealing to me, but the availability is terrible. Maybe after the hustle with 1.5 calms down a little bit some Gorms come to web store and then it will be my time to get the babby-o.
>>
>>52988747
just get rid of the gorm climate it a shitter
>>
>>52985127
Sunstalker is very good for gameplay but Lion God and Lonely Tree are very situational and you may not get as much use out of them.
>>
>>52988747
>Gorm is visually very appealing to me
Even on grounds of /tg/, I find this proclamation somewhat concerning.
>>
Can any anons actually tell me how it plays?
From a review it seems to be pretty damn random and punishing, which is a shame, because I'm real into building up a little human community in this bleak world.
If you get far enough, does tech increase?
What's the best Tabletop Simulator implementation? I got one that has some automation
>>
>>52989988
With proper care your Settlement will really flourish. It takes couple bad decisions or series of extremely unlucky rolls/draws to push you into hopeless end. But individual Survivors are very much expendable, don't get attached.
>>
>>52990392
Interesting, thank you.
Spoil it a bit for me, though, how far does the tech level increase?
It looks like a settlement is made of up like 6 different cards/functions to start with, and presumably builds up from there.
But really, you start with building shit from fur and bone and lion dongs, and end with what? Steel and salvaged arms and magical energies from the suits of armor or whatever?
>>
File: 1493185041951.png (2MB, 1484x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1493185041951.png
2MB, 1484x2000px
Hello, fellow survivors ! What the hell happened to the general, I've been searching it for days ! I had something to deliver.
>>
>>52989988
I've been playing Achromatic and it's been fun.
Big thing is to not get too attached to any specific survivor. Having a big badass is cool, yeah, but then you get Murder and they're gone.
As for 'tech increasing' that depends on what you mean. You can build up techs constantly, yeah, but you're not going to ever go away from making swords and axes out of monster parts. You'll be making fancier, better ones, of course, but you won't be making guns or anything.
>>
Another question is how solo'ble is this?
Again, I would be doing this on TTS, as it would take winning the lottery for me to consider buying it (because I would want everything, really like the dark fantasy design, including all the tiddy)
How much bookkeeping would be required, and what's the minimum amount of characters feasible if it's just me?
>>
>>52990446
In terms of technology you're not getting much beyond iron smelting, most inventions are in terms of society and settlement organization. Though game doesn't let that hold the designs back and you're basically going full Monster Hunter in terms of available gear.

>>52990518
Geez, Anon, you can see her lanterns and everything!
>>
>>52990666
So I saw there were cards for like langauge and other aspects of culture, how well then does the game model this stuff re:gameplay/settlement stuff, and also
Why?
It's a really neat meta concept, of these hunts of more fantastic and horrific monsters to improve your little humans lives, but it seems like such a colossal effort to grok.
I saw it's rated at like 4.5/5 complexity on BGG, around Advanced Squad Leader's, and most of the stuff I like is around 3.5/5 like arkham horror and Twilight Struggle
>>
File: 1451765442050.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451765442050.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>52990753
>I like ... arkham horror
>>
>>52990786
Well, I like the overall idea of arkham horror. On paper.
In practice, not so much.
Just an example of that complexity rating.
More recently in that vein is Seafall and Gloomhaven
>>
Can someone help me out, I found out about this game a week or two ago and can't find a copy of it anywhere. Does anyone know where to get their hand on the rules and stuff at least
>>
>>52991085
Not this anon, but I would like to piggyback and ask
1)Can anyone provide a concise explanation of how to get the most of KD:M, now that the second kickstarter is over. Were there any kickstarter exclusives? Bottomline it for me, how much do I have to spend to get everything?
2)If I want to play it on TTS, what do I need?
Just the rulebook? Maybe also any sort of player aid on BGG?
>>
>>52991085
>>52991270
some or all of this might be explained here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1683147/new-kdm-everything-you-need-know-backingbuying-upd
>>
>>52991331
The first anon here, so the end of that post was just wait a year or two and it'll go back on sale from their website, albeit at an inflated price. Kinda sucks but hey at least I'll be able to get it eventually
>>
>>52991598
yeah, unfortuantely that seems to be the only way right now to get a physical copy.
I suppose the silver lining is that once it's able to be purchased again, I'll actually have the money.

For anyone that has it, how full is the base game?
A settlement lasts like 20-30 years?
Does the standard monster selection feel repetitive over all that?
>>
>>52991821
To add to that:
For anyone that backed the 1.5/second kickstarter
do you guys have your core copies yet?
Has poots given any indication when we can expect core in stock?

also >>52991270
>2)If I want to play it on TTS, what do I need?
this
>>
>>52992434
You will need
Tabletop Simulator
The mod of your choice for playing KDM
(preferably) the core rulebook
>>
>>52994240
ok cool anon, thanks for making it simple
are there any preferred mods for TTS?
sorry if that's against the wishes of the dev

I heard the rulebook has a pretty good tutorial for the basics
Hopefully Ill be fine
>>
File: 1493227612278.jpg (403KB, 639x984px) Image search: [Google]
1493227612278.jpg
403KB, 639x984px
I'm the anon from >>52991270 and i was wondering if the Pathfinder crossover was gonna go on sale at a later date from or if it was a kickstarter exclusive.
Also wondering if I'll be able to purchase the gamblers chest separately too.
>>
File: 1493505763871.jpg (103KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493505763871.jpg
103KB, 640x480px
>>52994305
Fuck I'm the anon from >>52991821 not >>52991270
>>
>>52994274
I've been using the Achromatic mod (as I said earlier) and it's been working well, don't know about the other ones.
The tutorial in the rulebook is not only good for basics but is also part of the actual game.(it's a 'here's how things start, there's also a nerfed White Lion here' thing)
>>
>>52991085

This game is so cool that you literally aren't even allowed to buy it, sorry
>>
>>52994354
okay, I will check that out
thanks for the help, you and everyone
>>
>>52994305
>theses tits
>theses hips
Holy fuck, my dick
>>
File: 20170425_114126.jpg (117KB, 792x528px) Image search: [Google]
20170425_114126.jpg
117KB, 792x528px
>>52994361
I just want to know when its gonna be back up for sale, i can wait and save up some extra cash for the expansions which is cool cuz I'm gonna get more stuff to play the game with, but the complete lack of info on when it goes back up and whether or not some stuff included with the Kickstarter is gonna be available kinda bothers me
>>
File: 1493506764113.gif (628KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493506764113.gif
628KB, 320x240px
>>52994485
I feel ya
Also >those thighs
>>
>>52994305
I feel like the only one who doesn't like how huegege the thighs/butts of the women in this game are.

I'm all for nude lewd women okay, just not as obscene as the monsters we're facing in this grimdark world.
>>
>>52994701
As long as I'm having fun it doesn't really bother me much, but some things can go a little too overboard
>>
File: CHOCOLATE.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CHOCOLATE.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>52985127
HAHAHHAA FINALLY
>>
>>52990518
Well are you going to post the unedited version on /aco/ or /trash/?
>>
File: 1482449742140.jpg (671KB, 639x2573px) Image search: [Google]
1482449742140.jpg
671KB, 639x2573px
>>52995655
http://i.imgur.com/HxdnPd2.jpg
I was waiting to see if someone cared.
>>
Is the Spear weapon specialization terrible compared to all the others or is it just me?
>>
>>52989988
There are amazing modds just gotta find the right one
>>
Is there a decent Tabletop Simulator module for this yet?
>>
>>52997768
Scripted v2, when it isn't being janky about hunt or showdown phase does most of the setup and card dealing for you.
>>
>>52985127
I've heard that the Gorm is a good starter... but not much good about the tree. I ordered the Frogdog because... praise Kek!
>>
>>52985127
Lion God is bad but hopefully the Silver City expansion will fix that, Tree is a nice fight but brings very little to a campaign, Sunstalker is good though.
>>
>>52985127
Sunstalker is best expansion. The others....you done goofed.
>>
>>52994701
Don't worry anon, we have something for your kind as well!
>>
>>52997297
Getting rid of traps is awesome.
>>
>>53001693
Spear spec plus blue charm is one of the late game builds I shoot for every campaign.
>>
>>53001693
I don't trust a 7+ I guess.
>>
So what expansions are actually out and in peoples hands, and which ones from the kickstarters aren't?

Also, I remember seeing (in threads from the beginning of this year when the 2nd kickstarter was running) that Poots had some very anime styled concept artist working with him on some models, that looked way THICKer than what I see on the website. Like, pochaco broad thick ass sort of thick. Are those yet to be out?

Finally, is the 1.5 out and if/if not, what do you guys expect retail price of it to be?
>>
>>53002485
Well, none of it is really out yet from the second kickstarter. Only stuff from the first edition is what people have in hand.
>>
>>53001680
The antlers are cute and all but the six pack sorta thing going on there is a bit excessive.

That's the problem I have, when things go to Slaaneshi excess.
>>
>>53003050
Oh.
>>
>>53003437
The one upside to being a human in the world of Kingdom Death is that everyone is pretty because that's the fetish of the thing that created them
>>
Tell me about scythes. I want to build edgelord larp props out of dragon parts.
>>
>>53007314
They harvest wheat good
>>
File: super%20pochaco%20swimsuit.jpg (225KB, 1000x1454px) Image search: [Google]
super%20pochaco%20swimsuit.jpg
225KB, 1000x1454px
anyone got a pdf of the rules? Or is that rare enough that it hasn't been done before
anime lady for your troubles
>>
File: PicsArt_04-20-08.39.50.jpg (186KB, 900x559px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_04-20-08.39.50.jpg
186KB, 900x559px
>>52990572
There's a fuck ton of book keeping and rule refreshing, but it is doable.
>>
>>52990572
With the Scripted KDM TTS mods most of the setup can be done for you. Also you want all 4 characters, but you can still have them solo. The game is actually pretty solo friendly.
>>
>>53012414
>>53012550
Yeah, had actually checked out the achromatic scripted mod this afternoon to see what it was like, and it's just an insane level of work
i heartly thank all those involved in its bits because this means I can access so much more.
Actually have been playing the first story tonight.
Just got to the first settlement.
>>
>>53010243
https://mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ literally everything.. my advise is to not read the story stuff and just look at the rules and some of the hunt events if your interested in getting it yourself
>>
>>53012758
Try not spoiling yourself by looking stuff up in advance and just using the base game's monsters first.
Learn by doing. You'll die a bunch but that happens. You'll know better next time.
Don't get too attached to any particular survivor. If they die, shit happens, such is the way of Kingdom Death.
Maybe you'll do good! Maybe you won't. Maybe you'll have some hilarious set of things happen.
>>
>>53012838
>>53012967
thanks for the mega link
believe me, I wont spoil myself. after being intrigued at the general idea of the game, but then scared off by the mass of stuff and bookkeeping, it's the lore and atmosphere that made me push through and try the TTS.
Our first year we innovated well and felt the hope of an inner lantern in our bosoms. Now we have the opportunity of more actions!
>>
Holy shit, we just found a cache of founding stones!
They were off of a bunch of dead survivors, and we're all a little less insane now, but hey, free wounds, right?
>>
>>53014188
You mean free resources/persistent injuries.
Just remember - if there's no Critical Hit note on a hit location, you can't score a critical hit there.
>>
>>52985127
Anyone in the greater Sacramento area want to play?
>>
My problem is that I want to paint and base everything and keep it lore friendly - but I don't want to ruin my experience by reading on the lore in advance. Anyone thought up a solution for this issue?
I could play with the minis unpainted and then paint them eventually, but that will make painting harder for some of them.
>>
>>52994305
Just assume everything is a KS exclusive, as it might as well be. If it does hit the webstore it will be sold out nearly instantly.
>>
>>52989782
Well what can I say. I have a thing for bulbous eyes, a lantern fish, baby dolls and anal gateways. But before you judge me, let me say that not ALL _things_ are supposed to increase blood flow to certain tissues that stiffen various parts of more (or sometimes less) aroused human bodies.

>>52999659
What a shame, but I bought it because it was the cheapest... What's the 'bad' about it? As far as I've read, it's mostly because it triggers so late in the game that most often you might as well not own the Lion God at all.

>>53013662
>>53012838
No AI & Hit location cards for expansion monsters, though. Haven't seen them anywhere either.
>>
>>53019039
What you said as well as the Lion God giving very meager rewards for a really hard and not even particularly fun fight, he feels more like an end boss than a quarry, which is what the Silver City expansion should make him.
>>
>>53016737
Yes, anon, that is what I meant.
This game lends itself to an emergent narrative with all the events, so excuse me for writing it that way.
Don't you bring down my founding stone fun.
>>
>>53019381
I pity the fool that tries to Founding Stone only to draw an impervious location or Trap Like I do every fucking time
>>
>>53019395
Does Trap really work when you founding stone?
At least for the white lion, it says something about being next to the attacker, but when you can huck the stone from anywhere, that doesn't really make narrative sense.
Am I supposed to believe that I hail mary this shard across the arena, the lion snaps around, and is like "nope, you fell for my ruse! I dodged that sucker."
>>
>>53019437
Well other things have other Traps, but also it means you don't wound the location because there is nothing to wound.
>>
Any news regarding the KS?
>>
>>53016789
Make the starting survivors and the white lion only at first. White Lion is easy to paint, it's the first encounter, it's a lion that is white but has human hands, which is noted the very first thing you hit.
For the rest of the stuff, wait until you can hunt it and thus NEED the miniature to paint it - you won't have to worry about being spoiled if you wait until you've seen what it's like to paint it. And only make one each of the armor set, one male and one female - do a fullset of each, then use the rest of the parts to do mixed sets based on stuff that comes up.
Alternately, you could ask people about colors and stuff, since that's not major spoilers.
>>
>>53016792
Pretty much.
>>
>>53020339
>spoiler
Struck me as weird since that means you could always have someone with +1 Strength
>>
>>53020231
Fuck man I wish. I was so excited for an update since they stopped taking orders over a month ago, and nothing. Hopefully we will get an update sooner rather than later, and hopefully its some good news too.
>>
>>53024801
tutorial fight, also you waste your survival getting it
>>
>>52994494

I don't have it either, I just like to pretend
>>
>Have all the holiday and limited time exclusives
>Missed the Easter one
FUCK
>>
I don't suppose anyone has the KD rules on a pdf or imgur album or something?
>>
>>52999659
Why exactly is Lion God bad?

I mean, I bought Dragon King and am waiting on that damn shipping sometime in next year, but if they reopen the PM I might consider
>>
Are Bones and Hides harder to get than organs or something?
Been trying not to spoil things, but it's been getting ridiculous when three real hunts in, we're sitting on a pile of organs but are getting shit-all for anything else.
Even the few crits we've gotten have just given us more fucking organs
>>
>>53032272
Depends on what you're hunting -- I know that Lion has more hide resources in its deck than the others, and Antelope has more bone. Think the Gorm has the most organs of the three possible "initial" quarries.
>>
>>53032393
Three lions (including the tutorial), then a single Antelope. No expansions, just the core stuff.
>>
>>53032725
You are just really unlucky
>>
>>52985127
HE'S JUST A POOR BOY FROM A POOR FAMILY
>>
>>53030144

Lion God is an absolutely fuckhard fight that unlocks really late compared to most quarry, and the rewards you get for doing so are generally considered not worth it, even if the lore is super sweet.

There is a new expansion, Silver City, that combos with Lion God for an alternate campaign that involves replacing some quarry hunts with straight up dungeon delving against new mini-monsters. It is suspected that this will bring up the quality of lion god a lot, but since we don't have have Silver City yet there is always the chance it sucks.
>>
>>53032738
Apparently.
>>
So, what new People Of... campaigns are confirmed for the future? I know about People of the Mountain, but I feel like I read about another one that'll be coming out with the next wave.
>>
Alright lads, I might be asking you to be spoiling me on some things here, but how should I have prepared for the the butcher?

As it happened, if I didn't fudge a bunch of stuff in the last round, I would've gotten a total tpk, wiping out the most experienced survivors and setting me back a fair bit.
I've got a good amount of equipment, but with the guys bleeding everywhere Was I right in thinking the ability that adds bleed to his attack profile stacks with the other bleeds? it seems like the only way to have prevented that was to go ranged any time I could.

Yes, I'm prepared to not get to attached to the survivors , but with so many things just outright killing them with a roll of the die, I'm looking at the rest of the campaign and wondering if the game ending kind of failure in this system is just a slow burn.

Do I decrement the Population count whenever a survivor dies, or only when I'm told to?
Had I lost to the nemesis I would've be going out on this next hunt with only two dudes.

What are some general, intermediate level tips or strategy to keep in mind?
>>
>>53033045

People of the Nest (Gryphon expansion)

Inverted Mountain campaign (full campaign)

Abyssal Woods (Bloom People++)

Some mini-campaigns in Black Knight and Red Witches+Pariah

Campaigns of Death has 3 alternate campaign timelines with unique story events, and a mini for something called the Ancient Butcher. Presumably one of those is themed around Ancient Butcher, but the other 2 are completely unknown. I would have assumed at one point that a People of the Silver City campaign would be one of them, but Silver City is already an expansion for expansions, so I doubt they will double up on that concept.
>>
>>53033078
The Butcher himself is really fucking scary, but he is doable if you focus on building a stash of resources fast and getting your dudes geared up. Get someone a full set of Rawhide, if you can, and grease 'em up real good -- they won't be able to "tank," per se, but if they can survive even after Infectious Lunacy trips, that's a very good thing. Past that, make sure that everyone has at least a little armor, even if that's just a headband so they don't immediately die from getting whacked in the head.

As for weapons, things like the King Spear and Catgut Bow are quite nice for dodging some of the more unpleasant hit locations. My buddy swears by Katars -- frenzied, you're rolling PREPOSTEROUS amounts of dice and will probably connect on two or three locations -- and if the Butcher's various reactions weren't so dangerous, I'd be inclined to agree with them.

Bandages only cost a hide, remove 2 bleeding for an activation, and have a green affinity that can help complete Monster Grease's +evasion affinity. Bandages are your friend. Learn to love bandages.
>>
>>53033078
It doesn't stack with itself IIRC, because it's the same ability, so you only use the highest rated version.
Also, if you only have six guys, why aren't you making more?
BREED. BREED LIKE RABBITS.
And survivor death and population loss are the same thing. -population means people died. Survivors dying to monsters means you've got that many less people in the settlement.
>>
>>53033491
This brings up another question that I had, actually -- do things like Dreaded Trophies and damage tokens affect brain damage profiles?
>>
>>53033308
I see now. I had overlooked bandages at the time.
also lol the idea of covering someone in rawhide and greasing them up
>>53033491
>And survivor death and population loss are the same thing. -population means people died
fuck this game then
Even mad geared up, I'm supposed to survive against a lion with two guys?
What, should I be blowing love potion organ things every time I get them to make sure people fuck?

Like I just got the murder event, which would've taken out both my coolest and best equiped dude(she got the butcher's cleaver), am I just supposed to take it?
This game is starting to seem like an exemplar of the sunk cost fallacy.

How much is it really a set back to have someone with a few permant points and a weapon art and proficincy die?

Like I could let this settlement peter out, and start over again with what I know now, but I'm not sure it's worth it.
I really want to like this game, I love the atmosphere and the way it can create narratives out of random events like these, but it just seems way too swingy to be worth persisting.
>>
>>53034210
How do you get down to 2 people?
>>
>>53034210
You only have two people TOTAL left? That's a lot of dead dudes in four lantern years.

This is going to sound like a stupid, insulting question, but are you counting population as survivors? Technically speaking, every single person in your settlement has a character sheet and can hunt if you so choose.

Also, losing high-XP people is just a fact of life. Pick up someone else, shove 'em into the next hunting party, and hail them as the next sword/bow/axe/katar-master.

Also, yes, you should be using Love Juices whenever you can, unless you need to use them as organs for innovation or whatever. It's always worth it to have one more body to throw at a problem.
>>
>>53034210
Have you drawn nothing but massive population loss events, and/or keep getting TPK'd or something?
And yes, if you start to get low, use those love juices to make love and get babies. That's what they're there for. If your population is stable, then great, throw them at the various settlement locations like anything else, but they're there to get babies.
Or did you take Survival of the Fittest?
>>
>>53034295
>>53034263>>53034347

It's a hypothetical at this point.
I'm here >>53033078 and if I hadn't given up on the last round of the butcher and decided I won, I would've come down to two people.

I did get a few Love Juices along the way, but I guess not knowing completely what happens in intimacy it seemed better to use them to grease up.

But in the latest settlement phase, the kingsmen would've slaughted someone, and then my marrow hungery guy eat my one eyed badass warrior women, and then the rest of my pop would've kill him, leaving me with three new dudes with like two survival each and not much else besides gear.

Actually, no, the King's Men took out one of my innovations, the oven, so now 1 survival to start.

Like what the fuck kind of thing is that, where it could take out my ability to surge.
>>
>>53034408
You've lost your first settlement, yeah, but that's to be expected. If you're familiar with XCOM, Kingdom Death is kind of like that in terms of campaigns. Not every one is going to see the end of the game, so don't be too afraid of letting them go. You even get altered starts depending on the number of settlements that have been lost!

Take what you've learned and apply it to your next go around -- and don't be afraid to trigger those Principles, they usually give potent bonuses. They're milestones for a reason!
>>
File: OhMyyyy.jpg (72KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
OhMyyyy.jpg
72KB, 441x408px
>>53001680
>HARD plastic

Oh myyyyy.
>>
>>53003437
your not lying, also would you even play if they weren't?
>>
>>52997297
It gives you a roll on something that you'd otherwise never get to roll on. The mastery is sort of lackluster unless you have a dedicated tank to work with, but that's okay.

A lot of late game spears are also axes. So you can master spears first, and then work on axes and get the benefits of both.
>>
>>53007314
There's a single scythe in the game at the moment. It's not great.
>>
>>53024801
Costs a survival and a founding stone if you decide that you NEED to have it.

Which is hardly the worst thing you can farm from the White Lion.
>>
>>53033078
I got some advice...

Lion armor is a trap. It takes twice as many resources and gives only one extra armor compared to the Rawhide armor. The set bonus is notably worse, +1 armor to all locations, extra speed and extra strength on specific (not very good) weapons, compared to +1 armor to all locations and an effective doubling of your survival, which can enable you to tank better and increase your DPS. A full Rawhide set with a Monster Grease will give you +2 evasion which can be very useful to increasing survival.

Katars and daggers, by the way, are not great. More attack dice mean that you are pulling more hit locations. It'd be different on someone with stupidly high strength but I wouldn't bank on either. If you don't have the strength to back up the attacks, then you'll just be opening yourself up to reaction reprisals and increasing the chances of drawing the trap for no reason.

Bandages are also useful for countering bleed, and are very easy to make.

Important items to try and make besides bandages: King Spear, Catgut Bow, Lion Eye Circlet., Zanpato. Only use the Zanpato after you use the Lion Eye Circlet.

Being able to view what the next few hit locations are, can drastically reduce the chances of drawing the trap, or at least determine what the reaction will be.
>>
>>53036238
Well fuck, I'm one point off from dagger specialization.
>>
>>53036407
The specializations are generally all balanced well. Club is the only one that got specific errata.

But daggers just aren't that great. In the base game, there aren't enough upgrades to them, the "special" dagger is notably weak, there is no real late-game option... having the mastery as a backup isn't a bad idea, but it's not something to.... specialize on. Use the dagger for its proficiency effects, but rely on a sword, axe or spear most of the time.
>>
>>53035956
Alright cool, my group has only done up to the possible Hand fight and wasn't sure how good it was in the long run.
>>
>>53036595
If you can accidentally game it, with low population and a handful of strong survivors, you can end up with several Lantern Halberds, which are pretty good, though they have somewhat low strength bonuses, the accuracy and movement bonuses are great.

Otherwise the end game weapon for spears would be the Lantern Glaive, which has problems of its own. Even so, just being able to disable trap cards is pretty good. Especially if you toss a spear onto a Blue Savior with a Blue Charm. That's two separate rolls to disable the trap.

My best anti-trap character so far was a Blue Savior, with a Blue Charm, Axe Mastery, Spear Specialization, Legendary Lungs and King's Step.

It was a ridiculously long attack sequence. But it let me clear/reshuffle the deck whenever I needed to.
>>
>>53036746
Wait, I'm dumb. The Lantern Halberd is amazing.

The only thing as good as it, is the Finger of God and that requires a bunch of affinities to get in the same neighborhood.

The Lantern Glaive does have the Sharp status, but the Early Iron status is pretty rough to deal with. You can get around that with a Red Savior, but then it becomes a question of how much you need the extra damage, versus just stealing the Lantern Glaive.
>>
Just fought my first phoenix in tabletop after getting through the kingsman. What the fuck just happened and why is everyone dead.

Any tips?
>>
>>53037091
Don't fight the phoenix, basically. The lion gives more hide, the antelope gives more organs and both give a good amount of bone. Combo that with enough vermin draws via the bug trap and cooking (low priority innovation normally), and you'll be fine.

There's very little incentive to fighting stronger monsters in the game. The Beast of Sorrow is right on the sweet spot for difficulty and reward, for example. As opposed to the level 2 White Lion, which is currently a step below that same sweet spot.

That said, the phoenix is the gateway to the most efficient/worthwhile late game armor, basically all the alternative late game weapons, and can potentially provide some total bullshit tactics if you manage to roll properly while fighting it or if you are super careful in managing its hit-decks and AI cards.

All I can think of in terms of dealing with it, is to attack the phoenix with a team that has 2-3 hunt xp, and to use the Cat Eye Circlet and a Founding Stone to give it the persistent wound that messes up its... I think liver? The one that ruins its teleporting. The phoenix is the main quarry that I've fought the least. Maybe about three times total.

Again, ranged/reach weapons are typically very strong against the base monsters.
>>
>>53037556
Forgot to mention, the phoenix is a little bit stronger than the Beast of Sorrow, which is a little bit stronger than the level 2 lion.

The Beast of Sorrow gives notably more resources and rewards than either option. For the difficulty-reward, you should fight the level 2 lion before you fight the phoenix.

Until you start to farm the phoenix, ignore the monster-specific armor options. They tend to over-favor offense. You have weapons enough to favor offense, let armor be defensive.
>>
>>53035791
Yeah for sure, just want something a bit more within the realm of normal when it comes to the human women and hip/thigh size. All of those women, which would look great to me, are ruined by the offputting 'thicc' thighs.

>>53036238
This guy is right. As much as I love lion armour, rawhide is the pro strat. Bone dagger gives survival iirc tho, which can be real useful.

>>53036407
Keep going with it if you already started, try and get to mastery.

>>53037589
Yeah there's no incentive to fight anything but Beast of Sorrow if that's an option. Maybe level 3 butcher for his mask thing but.... that's a level 3 butcher so.
>>
>>53036561

The one exception is bone dagger early game. It will quickly become a backup weapon as you level up, for when you are first starting out the chance to get extra Survival mid fight is a lifesaver. Doubly so if you put it on a full rawhide guy, who can make extra use of that survival.

This can, and has, saved lives by letting one guy dodgetank early game and eat up attacks.
>>
>>53037556

> Again, ranged/reach weapons are typically very strong against the base monsters.

No. No no no.

The trick to fighting the phoenix is to do the exact opposite of that.

The phoenix has that common reaction on its hit locations where it lays an AOE knockdown smackdown on everyone who ISN'T standing in 4 very specific places right next to it. This can fuck with your whole turn, and if this knocks down your whole party, expect a spiral age on your next card draw.

So the trick to beating the phoenix is to swamp it on all sides and know your positioning. Circle around it, if whoever is in front of it right now can't take the next attack, rotate positions with someone else.

Occasionally it will teleport and you have to run after it again, but if you are good at dealing wounds it wont get many chances to do so.
>>
>>53036746
But anon, tell me what happens when you lose this guy with
>Spear Specialization, Legendary Lungs and King's Step
due to some dumbass event?
What do you do then?
Because the game seems fond of taking useful things away.
>>
>>53038698
ireland please go
this is a game about thick thighs
>>
>Kingdom Hot Glue
>>
>>53039599
post some
that one latern girl pinup has the choicest wide soft hips
>>
>>53039558
I'm not into exaggerated/hyper stuff though. Gimme normal pin ups okay.
>>
>Be absolutely passionate about the world of KDM and it's Thicc beauties
>Put in 100+ hours in table top sim with it alone
>Considered getting Fade and Thief posters, and then framing them
>Can't pull the trigger to buy the physical release due to conversion rates, shipping cost and handling

Honestly, living in Australia fucking sucks when it comes to this game.
If it were cheaper I'd still be on the fence because of how awful Australia Post treats packages.
>>
>>53040190
Yea but Australians get paid a ton more with their hueg minimum wages and whatever so it sorta balanced out.

Longshot but if you have any friendos who are going to Aus at some point, get it sent to them and then they can smuggle it in their luggage.
>>
>>53038698
>>53039443
So what SHOULD I do with my (hopefully) soon to be dagger specialist? Assuming she doesn't die horribly, as is the way of Kingdom Death.
She's the best survivor in the settlement at the moment, with Leader/Strategist/can'trememberthename+1strengthonperfecthits, no disorders, and +2 acc, +1 strength, and +1 eva. And yeah, a bone dagger at the moment because we haven't unlocked much in the way of weapons and are also >>53032272
She's also responsible for all the deaths in the settlement so far.
>>
Hey guys, any tips for 4 players on their first campaign? We just did the first day, got hovels and all the buildings we could. Personally going for Shield specialization for that dank tank.
>>
>>53040409
I mean.. just keep going with the dagger stuff and equip them with the best dagger you can. Bone dagger is pretty good for the survival stuff as I said but when you fight tougher stuff a better dagger is probably better.

>>53040448
I would play it blind if it's my first time, second time, third time.... and so on, it's more fun that way. Don't go Survival of the Fittest tho.
>>
>>53040448
Don't get attached to characters,
Don't beat yourself up too hard if a quarry seriously fucks you up,
Don't waste your ???'s or Monster Specific drops on low tier gear.
Play safe against Nemesis'
Phoenix will fuck you up. Don't attempt it until you've got a good pull of survivors.
Breed, Breed, Breed.Even more so in Sunstalker.
>>
>>53040688
Pinup dragon girl is cute and probably my favourite.

I disagree with 'wasting' ???s or Monster Spec drops on low tier gear. It's important to get the gear you need, in my experience saving resources is not the way.
>>
>>53040781

I get what you mean, but the whole game is a risk-reward scenario.

I don't really know how to type it without making it a small paragraph.

Basically: Make things you need to make, obviously - but if you can make something like Riot Mace and all you need is a D-Bone, you could just hold off and go hunt Gorm again if you can afford it.

Thief's my favourite personally.
>>
>>53039542
You cry, and console yourself that you a Spear Master so you can still get some good use out of the Spear/Axe combo weapons, but know that it will never be the same.

Slightly easier to reproduce if you go crazy with bullshit from expansions and the 1.5 errata, though.
>>
>>53041122
But I don't have a spear master, my Marrow Eator ate him. So now what? I hate this game, I think, but I'm compelled to keep playing.

Also, where can I find the 1.5 errata/changes?
Seems like that might alleviate the horseshit.
If it does, I'd be tempted to buy it physically, if it ever came out.
>>
>>53041231
Updated club: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1776972
Updated art innovations: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1759885
Updated music innovations: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1766179

Again, it's only slightly easier to manage some of the crazy combinations.
>>
>>53041297
oh. I was hoping for changes to the basic systems, like the hunt and settlement events.
What can I do to mitigate bullshit/loss?
>>
>>53041334
Have lots of babies and recognize that you have to improve the settlement more than any individual hunters.

That's just a basic element of the game. Not much currently out there to change it unless you want to use alternate rules. The "Heroes" variant in the book might be what you're looking for.
>>
>>53041334
ah, I should actually reads things before posting. That's a little better, but...

>>53041398
I'm starting to get that now. It's been my gear that has generally helped me more than any of my survivor abilities, but the permanent speed, evasions, and strength bonus they can get help a lot too.
Year 5 here, so I guess I don't know much.
I'd hate to lose the red hand fighting art I got from the hands of heat thing.
a strength token that can be spent like a survival seems fairly powerful at this stage.

I do enjoy the narrative parts of this game, and the way it seems to shake out mechanically that the collective power of the humans over time is more important than an individuals moment, but I'd like that loss to come from a sacrifice or some sort of failed effort, rather than, "The ground opens, and a dude falls in. Lose that dude."
>>
UPDATE WHEN POOTS
>>
>>53033078
He's pretty much a guaranteed -4 population, I just send four new survivors at him instead of losing my experienced guys.
>>
>>53042142
Not guaranteed if you set up correctly. He's the 4th guy you fight iirc? By which time you may have a bunch of rawhide and if you unlock it early enough, a Zanbato.
>>
>>53040647
The one good thing about Survival is that they let you see the Intimacy table BEFORE choosing, thus you can see just how fucked you are if you choose it.
I know how the odds get changed on droplow/drophigh stuff, and with it being as large a range to begin with for Bad Stuff to begin with it was just no. No way is Survival usable unless you want to go hard mode.
And yet one of the players in the group is STILL insisting we should've gone with it. For the strength bonus.
>>
>>53042945
That player is so wrong it's a little funny.

You need all sorts of dumb stuff to make Survival work at all without slowly destroying your settlement, and you still basically lose the chance to make Saviors.
>>
>>53043078
I looked at the odds afterwards. 51% chance of not only not getting a kid, but losing people. Possibly multiple.
Coinflip to die or get a kid, and the coin's weighted towards 'die'
>>
>>53042945
>>53043199
With the fixed/updated Survival of the Fittest it's a bunch better, but still generally worse off compared to Protect the Young or whatever it's called. Makes it impossible to breed.
>>
>>53043199
Face Painting can adjust those odds, just enough, to make it not completely awful.

Flower Knight has a resource that lets you grow new survivors in the ground, but technically they are still born in your settlement so you get the benefit of SotF. Of course, they'll be flower addicts so you'll have to keep killing Flower Knight if you want to use them.

Lights in the Sky can also make it safe to make children while SotF is active.

I might be forgetting another modifier that could make it vaguely safe.
>>
>>53043475
Yeaaah but getting to face painting while suffering the negative effects of SotF is.. pretty bad.

With the thing that lets each survivor have one reroll, you can reroll intimacy dice so they don't die. That's for updated SotF. That at least counteracts it a bit.
>>
>>53044432
Really, the thing that gets me about SotF is that it doesn't make any sense. Even with the new version
You're training the kids super hard...so the parents are more likely to die now?
Should've just been base intimacy, followed by a second roll that might kill the kid
>>
I've got five years left until I kill the Dragon King in People of the Stars. I've got like 8 constellations, and a dream team including an acanthus doctor, a red fist user, a zanbato frenzy machine, and a jack of all trades bard. Get at me.
>>
>>53044899
>I've got like 8 constellations
But did you get Goblin?
>>
>>53044960
Very neaely got one, I forget the exact cirucmstances but I could have essentially chosen to get the goblin if I wanted at the time.

I was torn between letting it happen and laughing at the reaction of my buddy who i've been playing with, and avoiding it because it would be the loss of a good survivor. Decided against it, and that survivor (now a Witch) is the bard i mentioned
>>
>>53039558
what makes you think the irish don't like the thicc?
>>
>>53047777
it's an int meme that has spilled over
I'd be all over a stereotypical irish lass that was THICK.
Especially if she didn't put up with my bullshit.
>>
>>53041063
Thief is cutest and best girl.
Pinup Warrior of the Sun is the best pinup. That model is a work of art.
>>
>>53048424
Anything painted by Ringil is.
>>
>>53048466
That fucking skin, man. Meanwhile my titty ninja is over here looking all jaundiced and flat.

Now that I'm whining about it, does anyone have any good tutorial links for painting skin? My blending technique is obviously missing something.
>>
>>53048509
Look up tapletop minions painting skin video.
>>
File: white speaker.jpg (1MB, 1920x1489px) Image search: [Google]
white speaker.jpg
1MB, 1920x1489px
>>53048509
Painting skin is basically glazing as far as technique goes. You can look for some tutorials on glazing too.

The other part of course is knowing where to put the lights and shadows and choosing your colors wisely, but this comes with experience and study.
>>
>>53048424
>>53048509
Aren't Warriors of the Sun supposed to be abnormal-looking?
>>
>>53042142
I mean if you are doing poorly he is. But if you are doing alright so far then he isn't a full wipe.
>>
>>53052654
I've only played five campaigns, and never once been able to beat him. Only one of those times were we able to make a full rawhide set as well, for some reason we get shit draws more often than not
>>
>>53053588
Full rawhide on one person? Are you using the headband's ability?"
>>
>>52991085
The only way to get it is by backing it on kickstarter or buying a used copy. The game is too big and too expensive to feasibly be distributed and sold any other way.
>>
>>53053793
>>52991085
I'm kinda wanting a physical copy too, and from what I can research is best case there'll be some in the online store sometime in late august to winter when people start getting their 1.5 copies.

For folks here that are lucky enough to have a physical copy, how frustrating is the bookkeeping?
I've been using the scripted achromatic Tabletop Simulator mod, and there's some nice tricks to it that seem to alleviate some of the tedium, but then also paper would mean I could mark important things where I need to.
KDM likes to have the relevant information in like three spaces at once.

>>53033078
>>53052654
I'm that anon that was having trouble, I boned up (more like hided up) on some of how the early game works, and am feeling much different now.
Why I'm interested about a physical 1.5.
>>
File: web-grand-mother-10_900.jpg (87KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
web-grand-mother-10_900.jpg
87KB, 900x600px
>>
>>53054314
Is she actually preggers?
no lie, it's hot. please tell me I'm not the only one aroused by the big bulge on the front of the wetnurse. Also, was that included with all the crazy KS rewards? I heard it doesn't have content yet.
>>
>>53054366
It was a limited run resin figure that they sold a few years ago, likely won't ever get content.

Also she's pregnant with monsters, the tentacle between her legs literally eats dicks and yes you probably are the only one.
>>
>>53054366
You aren't the only one.

Same reason why Fade is really fucking hot; Wide legs for easy birth, working womb, Mammaries that could feed armies, cute and edgy.

>>53054709
Normie go home.
>>
>>53055110
jesus youre right
and of course this model isn't the shop
How would I have gotten her?
>>
File: Kingdom-Death-Wet-Nurse.jpg (21KB, 454x378px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom-Death-Wet-Nurse.jpg
21KB, 454x378px
>>53055110
>please tell me I'm not the only one aroused by the big bulge on the front of the wetnurse
Is this really the hill you want to die on?
>>
>>53055157
In the past you'd have gotten her by being fast, they only made like 500 of the grandmother.
Currently you're best bet is Chinese bootleggers.
>>
>>53037556
>>53037589
>>53039496
Well I just tried it again, this time bringing my actually competent survivors. I brought newbies last time cause I didn't want them to die due to my lack of knowledge. This time around things went way smoother, one guy aged 8 years but he was better for it, frankly. I just tried my best to wail on him as hard as I could in order to minimize the length of the fight. I definitely got a lot more lucky on the rolls/AI cards this time around though, that's for sure. He missed a lot of attacks (3 evasion on one of my guys went a long way) and I was able to get rid of a lot of age counters/not even get them for a full turn when he got bored.

All in all I'd say it feels like a "level 0" nemesis encounter. Something that can easily fuck you up and go right to shit if you aren't careful but not so immediately threatening that you consider tossing 4 newbies to their death. Really cool fight though, even if it's not "optimal" to hunt, I enjoyed it a lot.
>>
Does anyone have any specific variants or their own house-ruled variants for extending the game past the watcher? I know it technically goes past that, but without spoiling it directly, it's kind of a cop-out. I'm thinking more of an infinite campaign with a unique timeline (nemesis every 4 years maybe? Level 2-3 quarries required?). Or do people ever do a "New game plus" sort of deal and restart their settlement timeline but keep all their gear? I'm sure that's doable.

Just wondering if/how other people do it themselves.
>>
>>53055956
The phoenix has a way to make NG+ an option and you can technically keep trying to fight it, post-Watcher.

If you are okay with human sacrifice, you can extend the timeline and try to set yourself up so the Clinging Mist event also causes a NG+.

Having the cards/dice decide it randomly is the tradeoff for it being such a strong option.

If you want to keep fighting past the Watcher with the same settlement... nothing planned out, but maybe produce a simple table that allows you a "breather year" every so often.
>>
>>53055722
Glad you got through it.

Evasion is a pretty important stat, yeah. Enough that I tend to do split rawhide and leather gear in order to maximize my bonuses to it.
>>
>>
File: masterpiece.jpg (154KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece.jpg
154KB, 600x800px
Jesus Poots needs to do an update. I know he's rolling in kickstarter cash, and exclusivity energy, but why doesn't he get a minimum level of marketing leads to continuous interest, support, loyalty, and future buys??
>>
>>53055956
In my solo game I just sorta set up the infinite sacrifice settlement to keep The Watcher at bay so I could keep going almost indefinitely... Then you can NG+ after that if you want.
>>
>>52989782
>Gorm is visually very appealing to me
>Even on grounds of /tg/, I find this proclamation somewhat concerning.
Yeah, I'll second that. I think Gorm was literally the only expansion from the original KS that I did not buy, on the basis of the creep factor.

>>52990518
Damn, anon, that's almost as bad as the original model.

>>52992434
>For anyone that backed the 1.5/second kickstarter do you guys have your core copies yet?
Well, the original one took like... 4 years to deliver. I wouldn't hold your breath.

That said, 100% worth the wait. The game is awesome and the average quality level of the minis is stupefying. Poots made all the other tg startups with their mediocre spin-cast minis look like complete jackasses.
>>
>>53040190
From what I hear, living in Australia sucks for getting nearly all minis games thanks to the markup + shipping from US / Britain / Spain. What actual manufacturers are over that way? Eureka and... yeah, that's the only one I can think of.
>>
>>53047799
I should introduce you to... literally my entire family. Hope you like em 5'-1" with a big triangle of curly brown hair, because that's all we have.
>>
>>53027334
Wait, there are timed exclusives and shit? Damn it. Since the KS ended I haven't looked at the webpage at all.

Do you think Poots will have enough stock for Gencon this year? I really don't want to have to huddle around the doors to the vendor hall hours ahead of time.
>>
>>53036238
>Lion armor is a trap.
Disagree, a Katar wielder with Lion armor can stay dangerous into the late game if they get mastery.
>>
>>53036238
>More attack dice mean that you are pulling more hit locations.
This meme needs to go away. Speed is not the problem. Not being able to wound the monster is the problem. Speed is not bad, it just requires strength to combo with it.
>>
>>53061933

Yep. Well, strength or Luck.

Katar mastery in a bloom people campaign can get pretty hilarious. Shitty lion katars that cant wound to save their life, but you crit so often it doesnt matter. Penalties and free resources for days.
>>
>>53061933
What about all the reactions that proc on reflex?
>>
>>53044899
Me again, probably gonna finish this campaign over the next couple of days.

Need advice on what to fight to prepare for the Dragon King. Already outlined my final team, but here's some notable gear we have:
>Standard Acanthus Doctor stuff (-1 satchel)
>The Black Sword
>Calcified Zanbato
>Vespertine Bow
>Lantern Halberd
>Beacon Shield
>Full leather set
>Full rawhide set
>Partial Lion set
>Forsaker mask
>Lion mask
>Phoenix mask
>Nearly every mastery (Sword, Axe, and Grand masters in-party)

My only party member without a mastery of his own is my Red Fist user, so we gave him the bow to use. Considering working in the Manhunter's special encounter at level 3 for his sweet loot (it's alarming how quickly we can murder nemeses, lv 3 tryant took 3 rounds).

Any other suggestions of gear to shotgun before the final battle? Quarry are:
>Lion
>Beast of Sorrow
>Antelope
>Phoenix
>Gorm
>FK
>DBK
>Sunstalker
>>
File: Monk-art_1024x1024.png (932KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
Monk-art_1024x1024.png
932KB, 996x600px
>>52985127
Hey /KDG/ best armor set for function?
Best armor set for special rules?
Best Armor for Fashion?
>>
>>53063934
Am literally painting the monk right now, just waiting for some wet blending to dry. Amazing model.
>>
>>53063934
Best function for its cost is rawhide without a doubt
>>
>>53064176
give pics when done bro!
>>
File: Anonymous_Survivor_KDM.png (3MB, 636x2733px) Image search: [Google]
Anonymous_Survivor_KDM.png
3MB, 636x2733px
>>53038698
Don't really compare pinups to game models. The ladies from armor kit sets have more modest proportions.

>>52996856
Requesting Anon Survivor lewds pls.

>>53041990
We might get purple and gold dice for summer.
>>
>>53061913
He was asking about fighting the Butcher. I gave advice on the concept of, "I only have the first few years to hunt and get ready."

Putting in extra resources (potentially two full hunts just to get the required monster specific ones) to get a Lion armor set is a waste under that time frame. As for how good it is later on, I'm not qualified to say.

>>53061933
If you read my previous post, I actually agreed with you on high speed weapons. You need high strength to back them up. But we're still dealing in a first Butcher fight timeframe.

The problem with daggers, in that frame, is that you get a single strength 1 option, maybe the Scrap Dagger which is strength 2. Your best bet to deal damage with him would be a fully activated Monster Tooth Necklace. Which is doable, but difficult.

Let's run some numbers...

The Butcher has toughness 9.

Bone Dagger rolls three attacks and hits on a 7 or higher, so that's 1.2 hits per activation. It wounds the Butcher on an 8 or higher, so that's .36 wounds per activation. With a fully activated necklace, it wounds on a 6 or higher, so that's .6 wounds per activation, which is... okay. Not great but manageable.

Scrap Dagger's to-hit is the same, 1.2 per activation. It wounds the butcher on a 7 or higher, meaning .48 wounds per activation. With a fully activated necklace, it wounds on a 5 or higher, so that's .72 wounds per activation, which is enough for me to consider it viable.

Or I could make a Scrap Sword, which makes two attacks at 5 or higher, meaning 1.2 hits per activation, wounding on a 6 or higher for .72 wounds right out the gate, and sitting at .96 wounds per activation with a fully activated necklace. And you're pulling less HL cards, so that means less reactions and lower chance of drawing the trap.

Personally the way I like to run daggers is to have one on one of my melee weapon users with high strength as an alternate, for when the monster gets knocked down so they can get a few extra hits in.
>>
File: 1468506669053.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1468506669053.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>>52985127
>tfw too late and too poor for KD
>>
>>53064579
>That belt buckle on her bust
So is she packing extra?
>>
>>53065027
Wait for the next KS, around 2022.
>>
>>53064579
>>53064579
Is that a real model?
thic
>>
>>53066197
concept art / draft, it will be made real like next year
>>
>>53066134

Cursed Belt of Gender Swap is a gear you can find by special event.

So that was a dude. Now its not.
>>
File: 1476268064176[1].png (776KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476268064176[1].png
776KB, 996x600px
I've been pretty aroused by this game ever since I saw satan and later the "Baby and a Sword" girl.
It hits the perfect, "grotesque fetish" spot that I didn't know I had 'till viewing this stuff.

>>53001680
>This though.

Now I can consider myself VIOLENTLY aroused.
I could 100% do with more pretty bishonen pin ups with slumping bulges, jesus.

Does anyone have art of that woman with the red fetus goblin or something? I can't find her and don't remember what she's called. The context was she received messages from the thing.
>>
So are special children a "brightest flame burns shorter" kind of thing or is there some way to keep one around for more than 5 hunts?
>>
>>53066429
Spoilers: There are secret fighting arts, pieces of gear, and hidden abilities that allow you to ignore XP gain. They are often QUITE hard to get, especially with someone who only really has five hunts before they wink out of existence.
>>
>>53066883
Give me the odds, which hunt has the best chance of giving me an ageless luckster?
>>
File: Dark_paladin_sample.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_paladin_sample.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>53066268
>woman with the red fetus goblin or something?
Dark Paladin, the little guy is deity of sorts, she's its sole follower.
though wiki only has low res of the image, you gotta archive binge or reverse search for full
>>
>>53066974
Don't get your hopes up, ageless doesn't mean invulnerable.
>>
>>53067006
I'm fine with death from hunting, monsters, even plague, but just winking out makes me wish I never got this lucky baby in the first place.
>>
>>53066974
You can get it by rolling a 1 or 2 on White Secret, or 1-4 if you took Romantic instead. If you REALLY wanna be dangerously cheesy, bring a circlet, headband, and Founding Stone to a White Lion fight, and snipe off the Strange Hand -- there are several AI cards that give +Understanding if the Hand's severed, and you can use Headband to make sure that they never get discarded.
>>
>>53067059
>dangerously cheesy
Now this is my kind of hunting. Good thing I managed to get the dead survivors and am rolling in founding stones.
>>
File: IMG_20170504_184503_724.jpg (83KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_184503_724.jpg
83KB, 1080x1080px
Finished painting my resin Flower Witch. Still no eta on when editing is done on the next batch of let's play videos I did with Beasts of War.
>>
File: IMG_20170504_184609_632.jpg (1MB, 2253x2253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_184609_632.jpg
1MB, 2253x2253px
>>
>>53067134
Fuckin' amazing, man. Can't wait to see the rest of the Abyssal Wood stuff (whenever it's coming out)!
>>
File: fbqFVw9.jpg (4MB, 2441x3051px) Image search: [Google]
fbqFVw9.jpg
4MB, 2441x3051px
>>
>>53064579
Why.... why.... I want pinups just not with the craaaaaaazy proportions.

Guess I'll have to stick to not-pinups...
>>
File: flower knight - painted.png (1MB, 988x650px) Image search: [Google]
flower knight - painted.png
1MB, 988x650px
>>
>>53067689
But why would you put the basing on before finishing the paint job?
>>
>>53067815

That's as done as I am ever going to get it.
>>
File: 1434574306554.png (348KB, 586x586px) Image search: [Google]
1434574306554.png
348KB, 586x586px
>>53067867
>>
>>53067118
You better rename that survivor Chestor now kappa

also /kdg/ what's the deal with the Twilight Order? What shit do they have to give a settlement beyond the Twilight Sword of Plot Finales?
>>
>>53068011
Dead survivors when they fail to hit with it and/or roll low when training.
Or when they're being cranky in general.
>>
>>53064868
I made a math error in there, but the message basically stands.
>>
>>53067884

It helps if you give him specific advice. A lot of KDM players are new to minis.
>>
>>53068011
There is some Twilight promo gear that lightly improves the event. The big thing, I guess is to get Nightmare Training or just risk spending vermin on the guy with the sword to increase accuracy.
>>
>>53068508
>>53068226
okjay but lioke what's the fucking deal with the order? why does it exist and shit? r
>>
>>53069575
To give people cool swords they might get killed over, duh.
>>
>>53069575
They had a fat ass library at one point but it got destroyed and the order fragmented.
>>
>>53069575

The Silver City expansion has an enemy in its dungeon called the Lost Knight, which is carrying a twilight sword and has a cat head.

Which might mean that the Twilight Order started off as a thing of the Lion Civilization in the Silver City, to fight back against the corruption. They ultimately failed, but they passed on their secrets and training to humans to continue the fight for them.

Either that, or the twilight order is just so hella old that it just predates the fall of the silver city.
>>
>>53066134
Belt of Gender Swap. She was a male before she stumbled into the Strange Spot event. She's not a futa, sorry.

>>53066197
Anonymous Survivor is going to be a promo model. Basically she was based on the survivor of one of Poots' favorite fans, who is also a long-time /tg/ resident. (Poots also browses and used to post on here as well during the first kickstarter) Poots even invited him to help direct and develop the content for the micro-expansion content it comes with. I think it may even come with an art book of fan art?

She's apparently amazonian, so she's going to be the tallest, bustiest, and thiccest waifu in Kingdom Death for a long time.

>>53067279
Sorry man, but if you want pinups of less curvy babes, there are a few KD/M ones, but I'm not sure off the back of my hand bout which names. There are also other companies if you just want more-grounded proportions.
>>
>>53071168
>so she's going to be the tallest, bustiest, and thiccest waifu

GRAH HIGH TEST FIGHTING ART GAINED

So I'm farther along now, anon who lost his resolve at the butcher, and I'm really loving this again, now that I know what I'm doing.

I wonder though if I'll want to do another campaign after the first one. If so, I think I should get this physically, even with the $400 price tag. Although to make it more varied I should also get expansions...which means more money...
>>
File: ded thred.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ded thred.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>
>>53069575
Here's what I've pieced together.

The Twilight Order is one of several attempts by humanity to get its shit together and try to become an actual power in the world. They did this through three means.

First, they had a massive library where they attempted to accumulate all human knowledge and history. These were the Twilight Scholars.

Second, they had some frankly amazing smiths, who somehow managed to forge some pretty dank-ass gear. I think there's a hint in one of the pre KDM lore minis that they learned from a more powerful magical entity. I don't think this faction had a name, but we'll call them Twilight Smiths.

Third, the Twilight Scholars and Smiths got together and used all their combined knowledge and magical bullshit to create "relics." In pre-KDM, relics were magical, sentient items of power that were constantly trying to steal control of the user. The Scholars figured out a method of suppressing relics via Twilight Cloaks. Armed with magical cursed bullshit and one magical item that protected the user from the worst of the curses, the military arm of the Twilight Order was formed, the Twilight Knights.

The Knights and Scholars would roam the world, protecting human settlements, finding recruits, acquiring knowledge and recording history.

The Twilight Order made a real go of it, but eventually their civilization was destroyed by... something. Considering the interactions the Knight and the sword have with it, it might have been an onslaught of Watchers who were tired of their food sources being able to fight back. Or maybe something bigger, who knows. Time is weird in this setting.

Since exploration was a big part of their culture, a lot of them were out and about when it happened. But now, they are basically a slowly dying batch of wandering knight errants, wisemen and wanna be heroes.

If we ever get KD: Labyrinth, Twilight Knights are supposed to be one of the possible hero classes. So maybe we'll learn more.
>>
>>53067867
It looks like just a basecoat to be honest. There's a little bit of color blending on the sleeves but everything else looks like it was painted one color with no highlights or shadows. Hightlights mostly are what stands out as being missing.
>>
>>53072043
Silly anon, /tg/ is Geek Culture General and Kingdom Death is gross and weird :^)
>>
>>53065027
I know your pain, anon. I can't say I've been in your situation, because I'm there even as we speak.

I made the outrageous effort of printing everything and building up the board by myself. With time and extra patience you can gather stuff piece by piece from ebay. I've tried to get original models as much as I can (ie, not resculpts) and in my guilty conscience I buy expansions from webstore to somewhat support the game.

But with some dedication and some love, getting a shallow and stitched-together KD: M experience is quite possible.
>>
>>53067279
The only small sized pinup in KD is Saviour, the rest are either pears or thiccs.

Sorry.
>>
File: expansions.jpg (533KB, 1814x1337px) Image search: [Google]
expansions.jpg
533KB, 1814x1337px
>>52985127
pretty darn bad
>>
File: 1465514002342.jpg (249KB, 541x380px) Image search: [Google]
1465514002342.jpg
249KB, 541x380px
>tfw you buy KD:M and a shit ton of expacs with the intention of playing it with your group of board game loving friends
>tfw you're no longer friends anymore after a girl breaks up the whole fucking dynamic of your group by betraying one, dating another, and making the other 2 really awkwardly uncomfortable

Well, guess I better start looking for some fellow Leafs to play this game with. /tg/ has a Game Finder right?
>>
>>53074368
Ever think about playing it solo? I've been going through a game on tabletop simulator myself, and have played with one other person before. While it's definitely a lot of fun with other people, I gotta say it's really enjoyable solo. You can make a lot of decisions easily that may be harder to make with multiple people (namely what gets made with what resources).

Personally, I would never have gotten it if I didn't intend to play it mostly solo. It can be so hard finding a group of people to play ANY board games, let alone something as big as KDM. But I love sitting down and pouring over a good game at my desk just as much as I do sitting in the living room with a few friends.
>>
>>53073437

Gosh. I thought I left moments like these to High School fifteen years ago. Seems like they never left me.
>>
>>53074368
>Leafs
East or west coast bro? There's a few of us in vancouver with various groups and levels of experience.
>>
File: Giant Stone Face.png (2MB, 785x1187px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Stone Face.png
2MB, 785x1187px
>>53074449
Not that guy, but I usually buy tabletop games out of the sad delusion that they will help get me out of my room and socializing more often.
I feel like backing 1.5 is probably a move in the wrong direction for meeting well-adjusted people
>>
>>53074664
I used to want to buy a lot of 2 player games and a couple of bigger party-ish games thinking I would be able to play them. The reality is that I'm lucky enough to have 2 friends that, while not interested enough in board games to get their own, are interested enough to come over once a week and play the games I've spent way too much money on. However that means I can never play just 1v1 games, and any games requiring 4+ people are almost never played other than the rare occasions I have a few other people interested.

Also I happen to just really enjoy solo gaming. It's like solving a logic problem most of the time, depending on the game you're playing. So because of those factors, I stopped buying games I think I would maybe play in the future, and started to only buy games that I know I can either play solo, or that I think my small gaming group will like. I know I will play KDM solo a ton, and I know at least 1 of the 2 guys I game with will be into it, so for me it works.

TLDR; get games you will actually play otherwise you're wasting your money. Also do your best to get people to come to you; most people don't want to put down the money to buy games themselves, but may be more than happy to play your games.
>>
File: preacher.png (1MB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
preacher.png
1MB, 900x636px
>>
If you're trying to play with people there are 2 ways to go about it.

1. The meet up app is good for finding board gaming groups, there will be some freaks but they will either tone it down or leave after a while.

2. Find a friend or a friend of a friend/sibling that hangs out with a group that gets together a lot to watch movies or tv shows (game of thrones or walking dead are best, shitty fantasy/hero shows can work too). Join them and slowly introduce games like Concept, taboo, and dixit to play before or after the movie/show. Rules-lite games with a fun universal draw.
>>
>>53076196
Regarding #1 If the majority are freaks run.
>>
>>53072255
dank souls af

it fills the void
>>
>>53074838
Where's that art from?
>>
File: kingdom death.jpg (160KB, 1600x892px) Image search: [Google]
kingdom death.jpg
160KB, 1600x892px
>>52985127
Haven't read the thread yet, but I will in a few minutes.
Could someone help me understand pic related?
>>
>>53077995
Seems pretty straight forward really.
The major expansion monsters especially, are in many ways good examples of gods, or at least religious icons.
And the player characters act as god-slayers (within reason).
>>
>>53077879
Dunno, the internet. Don't think it's official
>>
I haven't played enough to tell, are any of the weapon specializations clearly superior to the others?
>>
>>53073308
And the tranny red witch
>>
>>53073437
Ho ho, that's not bad. Is that a tiny dejected poots too?
>>
>>53079066
The ones that are harder to get are clearly superior to the ones that use weapons you can actually smack monsters with, at the downside of having to successfully punch monsters/shieldbash monsters to get them.
>>
>>53079066
>>53079676
Yes, shield is good but annoying to get. Spear grants the chance to avoid traps, tooth and nail mastery, if you can get there, all of a sudden makes you a pro at using any weapon
>>
>>53079663
Just wait, poots will create a campaign around nightmare tree, just like the lion god. Tree will become a great expansion
>>
>>53073437
>>53079771
I'm sure it will be Expanded in the abyssal woods campaign

>hoping Abyssal Woods isn't this Kickstarter's over ambitious lantern festival
>>
>>53079066
Sorta! In the rest of the post, when I refer to ____ Mastery, I mean the specialization that every survivor gets when you have a character become a ____ Master.

Shield Mastery will help the entire settlement, but the advantages to the individual Master only really help them tank better. That said, a Shield Master working with a Spear Master can do some funky shit.

Fist and Tooth Mastery basically saves the settlement from spending Survival on Encourage. A Fist and Tooth Master can go into any other weapon in the game and be pretty great at it. I'd go for a spear, but I love spears.

Spear Mastery will let the settlement disable traps 40% of the time, unless you have absolutely awful real world luck. A Spear Master working with a Shield Master can basically remove the threat of most traditional trap cards by having the Shield Master intercept the trap reaction and still be able to block/surge/dash, whatever, and then making the Shield Master the priority target afterwards.

Bow Mastery will give the settlement a re-roll on any misses during the attack attempt when using a bow. If you have a strong character, or are using the Arc bow, then this is pretty useful. A Bow Master is more mobile and more likely to get criticals.

Axe Mastery will give the settlement a re-roll on one failed wound during the wound attempt when using an axe. If you have a high luck, low strength character, then this is one of the better weapons, since it can effectively double your chances to critical wound. An Axe Master is even more ridiculous because it auto-criticals on any persistent injuries that are successfully wounded, and axes (and spears) are just one tier below grands when it comes to damage dealing. Axe Masters tear a lot of quarries apart.

to be continued...
>>
>>53081416
Just to ask your advice, I have an acanthus doctor who is a Storm with Sword Mastery, the Black Sword and Swordsman's Promise. You think this is a good enough setup for a final boss?

Since she's a Storm, she can get a new mastery in two hunts. Anything else you think would better benefit from her ridiculous strength and armor as an Acanthus Doctor?
>>
>>53081549
inb4Murder
>>
>>53081613
She only has 3 hunt experience :^)
>>
>>53079771

Oh my god, I could totally see that in campains of death. Massive monster tree grove at the heart of your settlement, eat fruit for power.

At the end, your settlement gets wrecked and your survivors start turning into trees, starting new groves...
>>
>>53081416
...cont'd. And I forgot to mention, but the game has at least two Axe/Spear dual type weapons, one is in the base game, so you can enjoy the benefits of both specializations, while being an Axe Master. Or if you're a Fist and Tooth Master...

Just below that previous batch, there are the ones that are really good, but either aren't as reliable/gameable as the above, have some small but manageable negative, or require

Grand Mastery will give the settlement a knockdown on every crit, and a small accuracy bonus, with a grand. This is really strong, since it removes reactions for the rest of the turn and makes it (typically) easier to hit the monster. A Grand Master basically has two chances now, to ignore reactions on any hit they make. If you could get Timeless Eye on a high luck Grand Master, you could turn a lot of monsters into jokes. (Then maybe Berserker, Bitter Frenzy, Frenzy Drink and Legendary Lungs... hmmm.)

Sword Mastery will give the settlement the chance to roll one wound attempt and then declare the hit location AFTER the result, with a sword. That can be very, very good to mitigate Reactions, or capitalize on criticals. But there are better ways to do both. A Sword Master just gets more attacks that are accurate and stronger. There ARE some bustedly strong swords in the game, but it's tough to get them. Of note, the Perfect Slayer is both Grand and Sword type, so you can get both specializations active on that.

Katar Mastery lets you safely remove a single reaction during an attack with a katar. Which can make some painful monsters, very easy to deal with. A Katar Master can probably function as an off-tank, due to their higher chance of getting Perfect Hits. The Leather set bonus, Tumble, Burnt Nerves and Timeless Eye could make a pretty reliable evade-tank.

I never use clubs, and cannot really comment on them, but the errata looks pretty powerful.

To be concluded...
>>
File: 1490895160615.jpg (19KB, 415x415px) Image search: [Google]
1490895160615.jpg
19KB, 415x415px
So.. is this game nothing but fantasizing about girls being impregnated?
>>
>>53082071

No, you idiot.

Its about hunting monsters and surviving as a settlement surrounded by shit that murders you. Making babies is just one part if that.
>>
>>53082105
If you want to survive, shouldn't you AVOID making babies?
>>
>>53081549
That seems like such a stupidly good combination of effects that I wouldn't risk the survivor on a Hunt. Let's see... you have a Storm, so we're talking about People of the Stars. Regrettably, I haven't fought much of the expansion monsters, but I know that with the Black Sword and Sword Mastery, you're pulling down something like... five attacks with 30+ strength each time, right?

The only thing I might suggest is working out some of the typos from the Nightmare Tree, and seeing if you can get a Drifting Dream Fruit to make them a Blue or Green Savior on top of everything else.
>>
>>53082174
Humans in KDM are weird. Pregnancy finishes in like a week, and kids grow into adults over the course of a month or two, and then potentially have children of their own.

Time is weird. And you gotta make babies to replace the people you lose from all those monsters and murders and skull eaters and cancer pigeons and bug eating and suicides from stillbirths.
>>
>>53082174
Nope, because the babies become replacement survivors when you die. You're playing a tribe, not a single character.
>>
>>53082284
>kids grow into adults over the course of a month or two
What is the point of just being a big children? it's not like they will mentally develop into an adult in two months.
>>
>>53082289
>replacement survivors
Wait, is the game on a survival basis or a village basis?

i mean, you can't really have both in the game. You're either trying to survive, or trying to manage a village. You don't expect people in Walking dead to start fucking left and right, for example.
>>
File: house.jpg (21KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
21KB, 350x350px
>>53082421
Are you being dense on purpose?
>>
>>53082421
>Can't have both
Well this game does

>>53082375
They become adults, time in KDM is weird.
>>
>>53082421
For all intents and purposes this game is both.
But, your primary concern should be your settlement.
Your survivors are important, but in the end they're the fuel that helps your settlement survive.

Now, if you play the Dragon King Expansion, then the survivors become the focus, with your settlement being secondary to making your survivors are strong as humanly possible.
>>
>>53082443
>They become adults
...like, they stop sucking tits at 2 days, learn how to talk in 5 days, and can walk, read and comphehend everything in a week? do they learn fast? or do they go in a 'time capsule'?

Also, if you become an adult in 2 months, you die of old age in about 4-5 months, right?
>>
>>53082489
IIRC: They aren't actually "human" humans. And the world they're in is insane anyway.
>>
>>53082480
In most survival settings people die in a much higher rate than they breed, also counting that pregnancy decrease your chances of survival. Like, if you have 10 people and one die each year (about every survival setting.. if not in less time), your village will die very shortly.

It just really looks like less survival and more village management with some unfortunate deaths.
>>
File: 1474476326222.png (119KB, 270x446px) Image search: [Google]
1474476326222.png
119KB, 270x446px
>>53082526
So.. it was basically done out of pregnancy fetish and doesn't need to make sense because of that.
>>
>>53082572
You need to make the bait less obvious.
>>
>>53082038
So the bottom tier isn't really even all that bad. It's just that they are super situational, or costly for some reason.

Knife Mastery lets your settlement keep trying to hit the same location after a miss. You can use this to completely negate shitty reactions, but then you're in this weird position of not wanting to wound something so that you feel safer when you've wasted 1+ wound attempts. A Knife Master basically gets a special kind of Surge that activates when someone ELSE wounds a monster, ONLY rolls to wound AND targets that individual hit location, which you'll already know to be safe. This could be really strong, alongside say, Partnership (normally a bust of an Innovation draw) and Lantern Dagger. You get to ignore Early Iron, get the benefits of Sharp and that extra Strength bonus... hm. I may have just talked myself into a build. Not sure how I'd get to Knife Master besides banking on Nightmare Training, though.

Whip Mastery lets your settlement manipulate the AI deck a bit more, selecting a previously discarded AI card instead of whatever is on top of the deck, waiting for you. But it also requires you to suffer through an attack first before removing it. So just how badly did that last hit suck? OR are you trying to game a specific hit from a monster, like the lion's Understanding loop? A Whip Master gets a strength bonus when using a whip and they really, desperately needed it. Whips also tend to do funky stuff, but usually also have lower strength bonuses so becoming a Master really helps. The problem is that until you become a Master, Whips just sorta... aren't great.

Now, with all that typed out, here's what I'll say: Once you have Shield Mastery, you can get a Beacon Shield and a Leather Shield and have 4 armor on all your hit locations. For only two gear slots, that is a LOT. Once you have several Masteries, consider having people carry multiple weapons of different types so that they can pick and choose what to use situationally.
>>
>>53082590
What if the game makes that and me hard >>53055556?
>>
>>53082480
>Now, if you play the Dragon King Expansion, then the survivors become the focus, with your settlement being secondary to making your survivors are strong as humanly possible.
Fuck me, I want to play that.
I've somewhat done two campaigns and I get fucking crushed when I have to remove a survivor, regardless of how my settlements doing. Sunstalker feels like the opposite of DK in that case, it's got a really cool feel to it but I still dislike it.
>>
>>53082590
>author makes a loli character
>are you a pedophile?
>what? NO that's disgusting. She is totally a 30000 years old witch.

>author uses pregnancy as a main setting event
>do you have a fetish?
>what? NO that's disgusting. They totally do that because the kids grow fast anyway, they learn everything Somehow, and the survival continues! see? it makes sense.
>>
>>53082552
Time is not well defined in KD:M
As a result, a single Lantern Year is an unclear unit of time.
Intimacy results in a potential child within the same year, they're also ready to go out on a hunt the next year.
So either time / aging is weird in the KD universe, or a Lantern Year is a really long time.
That way, it manages to do both.
You are hunting with your selected survivors to gather resources you need to survive/develop/progress.
You manage your settlement in the final phase of a Lantern Year, and it is vital to the hunt phase of the game, but also to the rest of your settlement phase.
>>
>>53082666
I mean if you get hard to the monsters you got problems. The core book has no art and the pregnancy is glossed over quickly. You might just be reading too much into it because you have the fetish anon.
>>
>>53082662
Sunstalker really turns up the Settlement Focus to 11, the forced Survival of the Fittest alone will start doing that.

Try and get your hands on a DK expansion once they start shipping again later this year, it basically turns your survivors into super heroes, but losing an advanced survivor really, really hurts you.
>>
>>53082572
Anon doth protest too much, methinks
>>
>>53082675
If people only last about 3 years in Kingdom Death, and they are basically fighting for their survival, they should already be wiped out. Not only it doesn't make logical sense, it was all made just to justify having pregnant survivors. It's made out of fetish, dude.

>>53082687
>The core book has no art
because you have enough 'toys' for that

>pregnancy is glossed over quickly
it is way too specific to be 'glossed over quickly'. Anyway, who wants to explain too much their fetishes, huh?
>>
>>53082753
Assuming your survivors don't get horribly slaughtered, they'll be able to survive about 12.
>>
>>53082572
You aren't actually humans. You're the creations of a weird god who is writing your species into existence on a literal magic book for reasons that don't make sense, but are probably related to his tendency to flesh sculpt people together into abominations. Early lore describes settlements as "crops" waiting to be harvested. This is probably also why your survivors can learn most of what your settlement can teach them in the "year" they are born and be ready to go hunt right after.

Based on the way the game works and the lore on Saviors, it DOES seem that humans only get older as they expend effort into things. Mechanically, you could theoretically have someone live for hundreds of years if they never go on a hunt, and the game allowed you to play that long. Again, you're not really humans. You run more on narrative logic than human biology.

In-game, the reason you get born and then can go on a hunt the next year is because the game takes place over 20-30 "years" and if you needed to wait for a batch of babies to age up over that period of time, your civilization would always completely sputter out.
>>
File: 1490525257567.png (291KB, 466x411px) Image search: [Google]
1490525257567.png
291KB, 466x411px
>>53082705
I actually just play in tabletop sim solo, since my friends don't ever have the time to hop in a game.
It's really easy to get attached to 4 survivors when you name all of them and are the only one there.
my other, first campaign that I decided to drop was seven swordsman immortal heroes, which really didn't help that mentality
>>
File: 7a98921cb4[1].png (709KB, 924x726px) Image search: [Google]
7a98921cb4[1].png
709KB, 924x726px
>>53082666
>>53082753
I'm not sure how having 'increase population' be one of the fortyish setting events makes it a main setting event and the game all about pregnancy fetish.
This is the entirety of the thing you are complaining about.
The thing the creator REALLY has a fetish for is charts that kill characters off on low rolls
>>
>>53082753
Well, it's the justify having females breed AND be usable to go on missions.

Instead of how small tribes operate in reality, where the females stay (mostly) safe in the village and the men go out an do the hunting and war.
>>
>>53082784
"oh look, they also conveniently stop aging fast when it's not necessary to explain my fetish anymore"
>>
>>53082802
>spoiler
Yeah, he fucking does.
Just look at herb gathering and mining, this is floor tile tier here.
>>
>>53082811
Why would a weird god that makes people fight to survive want people not in their prime? Also you should know people don't die of old age, they retire.
>>
File: Ranma5.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ranma5.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>53082830
Oh, and that's not even mentioning a certain expansion.
>can completely and utterly destroy your settlements progress 1/3rd of the time, forcing you to choose between two incredibly shit options.
>this can happen EVERY YEAR
>It has a chance to happen until you manage to get one of the worst innovation paths in the game all the way up to max and THEN succeed in a fight against the monster
>Also shoves in multiple innovations that are incredibly harsh when rolling low when they shouldn't need to roll at all
>>
>>53082891
It's the trade off for the alchemy location.

All those potions are amazing.
>>
File: 1479697479328.jpg (5KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1479697479328.jpg
5KB, 251x251px
>>53082802
Did you even look at what you're posting?

the author not only makes you roll to see if the child is born, it accounts for stillbirth, mother's death, depression, share of bonds, points of survival gained through child birth (???), special childs, bonus from having a BED, aside from all the other rules you mentioned to explain why those people even exist.

are you CERTAIN there is not even a little fetishism going on? goddamn it.. this is retarded, there are actual figures of the pregnant women. Just why?
>>
>>53082915
I gotta say, your dedication to this is almost admirable.
>>
>>53082915
A similar level of detail is afforded to almost every other major event the game throws at you though.
>>
>>53082909
Are they?
I've been ignoring them, for the most part.
I'm not a huge fan of 1 use items in games, but I'll check them out more.
They seem far more useful if you are aiming to go full gorm hunting, which I'm not.
>>
>>53082915
EVERY event has shit like that.
The story events are like that.
Almost all of the 100 randomly rolled Hunt Events are like that. And most of the ones that don't just have bad shit happen
The settlement events have that kind of shit as well.
>>
>>53082830
POOOOTS! Not sure whether to hate him or love him for that, but

Just a quick tip needed here, what's a good amount of dice to nominate for the herb gathering, and that one settlement event that has like a 40+ result thats good? Something about a knight? Or maybe it's the Gaping Maw?

It seems like 3 or 4 is a good number, maybe not for trying to hit 40+ but I did a bunch of "practice" rolls with 5 dice and got dubs too much.

TLDR: help out an anon who cant into probability
>>
>>53082983
Only two of them are one-use items.

Wisdom Potion works as an alternative to the Cat Eye Circlet, and actually combos well with it. Life Potion works as an anti-instant death ward. And I'm told that the Steadfast Potion combos really well with some of the Gorm gear.

Plus two of the Alchemy innovations give +Survival Limit, and all of them can be purchased/manufactured outside of the standard Innovate endeavor.
>>
So then what is the Gorm, and how do I add it to my game? Is it just there on year one next to the white lion on the quarry list if I mix in the expansion?
>>
>>53082965
>>53082975
>>53083027
Would you guys defend it like that if there were such rolls to determine if your character changed sex or something?
>>
>>53083084
Bait, because there is.
>>
>>53083044
I'm not great at this either, but from playing with Sickles constantly, I find that 4 per survivor is pretty ideal to get at least the Acanthus.

If you're trying for the Vermin too, you should have a good chance at it as well.
>>
>>53083054
Well shit, I'm gonna have to look at them again.
>>53083044
No goddamn clue, sorry anon.
I cannot into probability either.
I think the best number for it and the stone faces settlement thing was like 3, based on some google searches, though?
Beyond that it was like a 50/50 chance (that gets worse for each dice after) for extra courage/death, or for herb gathering getting 0
>>
>>53083095
He has been bait this whole time.

>>53083082
Are you playing IRL or using Tabletop sim?
>>
>>53083106
What do I actually do with vermin?
I need cooking to use it, which just got put into my deck, so I could get it, but how does that progress?
I saw I craft it with some stuff to make a thing that gives a permanent stat increase and a bunch of survival. Worth it?
>>
>>53083082
The Gorm is a Quarry Monster, and yes, if you add it in, the tutorial Lion remains, but you alter the starting events a little bit (Gorm Climate) and from that point on you have the Gorm next to the White Lion as a potential hunt target.

>>53083084
There's a Belt of Genderswap though, admittedly, it is a promo item, but it exists, and yes I would defend that too.
>>
>>53083116
Tabletop sim. I know I just "add" it there using the expansion stuff, but do I do anything special or is it always available as an additional quarry? Sorry haven't howdoistrikethroughtext

>>53083181
I see.
Is a favorable climate for gorms humid pissclouds? I like the setting of this game
>>
>>53083181
>>53083095
post that shit
>>
>>53083201
If you click on the Grom button that is above the other rules tables it has information on how to run it. As do all current expansions. This is for Scripted v2.
>>
File: 035-Belt[1].jpg (220KB, 1024x940px) Image search: [Google]
035-Belt[1].jpg
220KB, 1024x940px
>>53083201
Gorm like a more humid environment if the events are any judge, so it seems that it is.

>>53083204
here's the belt itself.
>>
File: 1456648284959[1].png (405KB, 422x703px) Image search: [Google]
1456648284959[1].png
405KB, 422x703px
>>53083204
and here's the event.
>>
>>53083285
I was fucking kidding when i said a mechanic to change sex. What. The. fuck.

How can you guys say that there is NO fetish implications here? holy shit, don't tell me they also have the gender swapped figurines.
>>
>>53083313
Nobody said there are no fetish elements here, because there certainly is, but it's not a preggo-fetish focused game.
>>
>>53083313
Oh give me a reaction for the Gorm. Its a weird anglerfish mammoth baby that vomits acid.
>>
>>53083301
Just look at this shit and say to my face without laughing that this was made with any intent other than pornographic/lewd.
>>
>>53083201
Search in the Gorm section, and there should be a bag that says "add to revelant sections" or "expansion additions" or something like that.
Then you read the rules after going to the Gorm tab in the rulebook about expanding it normally.
Once all the cards are in the correct places, you add Gorm Climate to year 2 on the timeline.
I will admit to some confusion on if you can pull gorm climate twice in the same settlement phase as it's a settlement event that also comes up 'every' year on the timeline, it seems like that's not only possible, it's likely.
>>
>>53083357
You cannot have the same event in the same year.
>>
>>53083301
>evasion, accuracy, and strength
>from one event
j e s u s.
Is the belt cursed?
Even so, would still consider to be worth, as long as you draw this early, before you're potentially running full gear sets/multiple copies of monster grease or dried acanthus.
>>
>>53083352
not going to deny a definite tendency towards lewdness.
It is however, not a porn game, but it does not pull punches when it comes to including adult content.
It is not afraid to go to places most commercial board games would fear to tread, but that's part of the charm.
Hell, there's a giant MA17 logo on the box itself, which is pretty rare for board games, let alone for a $400 box.
>>
>>53083384
Oh, good.
So drawing gorm climate is basically a respite from drawing something like plauge or murder?
That's much better than I was expecting.
>>
>>53083285
I came. jk
>>
>>53083388
Multiple copies of the same item don't stack. The additional copies are blank.
>>
>>53083313
Its a promo item that people have to shell out extra for as this DOES NOT COME IN THE BASE GAME.
1/10 got me to reply
>>
>>53083339
>it's not a preggo-fetish focused game
says the anon while holding his prego figurine

>>53083398
are you really spending $400 box on lewdness?
>>
>>53083388
Most of the promo items and events are quite powerful, but they're also not intended to be perfectly balanced.
They're something you add for fun to a game, there's a set of promo unique starter lanterns, which are really strong as well.
And the Christmas Promo Axe is probably one of the best you can get in a reasonable time, and it's super easy to make.
>>
>>53083313

Well, there are male minis and female minis. After you get cursed, whats the difference?

Honestly, KDM is like the only game where ive seen a sex change really matter. One of my settlements got screwed over by that satan settlement event that prevents duded from going on the next hunt. A series of shitty hunt events turned an easy fight into a near TPK, giving us only one female left in the settlement.

She ate someones skull and the settlement killed her for it. No females left, no way to get new people.

We only continued under the hope we could find a lost survivor somehow, but drew into genderswap belt instead. Changed a dude out for a lady, and it saved the settlement.
>>
>>53083313
The do have gender swapped figurines, you swap one of your figures for another of the other gender. I like to call it Stop'N'Swap.

You're just proving that youre going to see what you want to see no matter the example or what we say. Youre as bad as the rest of 4chan.
>>
>>53083450
>are you really spending $400 box on lewdness?

oh poor, confused Anon... I did not spend $400 on a box of lewdness, I spent around $2200 on many boxes of lewdness (ie. the game, all original expansions and all new ones from the 2nd KS).
>>
Why are SA posters shitting up /kdm/? Don't you niggers have a circlejerk thread for this exact purpose already up?
>>
>>53083154
Alright, let's talk Vermin.

You can reliably get Vermin in one of two ways. One is by having Cooking and triggering Herb Gathering. Another is by having a Bug Trap gear.

There are six types of Vermin. The deck contains one of each except for, I believe, the Crab Spider which has 3 or so. We'll start with that one.

First of all, like all Vermin, you can consume this thing. If you do, you gain +3 survival. Since resources you gather, stay with you until they get archived in the settlement, you can use these things to make yourself safer during a showdown, or to roll on Nightmare Training, basically for free. Useful if you have a high Survival Limit and you need/want to throw a rookie survivor into training. Besides that, you might notice that it counts as a Hide resource, which is very useful when you start looking towards Leather gear. This thing is a nice balance of effects and it really opens up some options.

The Lonely Ant can be consumed to swap your Insanity and Survival values. Again, you can use this to make yourself a bit safer during a showdown, make Nightmare Training a bit safer, etc. But you can also use it to give yourself a free pass on the Bone Witch, by spending all your survival during the showdown, and then when you get the 3 insanity from the start of the event, eating the ant and setting your insanity to 0.

Hissing Cockroach is potentially the only "trap" in the deck, since it can remove all your survival. Not bad on an Immortal character, or if you have means of generating more survival. It can also be used in a recipe.

Cyclops Fly, Nightmare Tick and Sword Beetle are the Vermin that give stat boosts 50% of the time when consuming them. You have a 30% chance of dying also. These are the ones you generally look at using in the Cooking event. Until you have cooking, you can spend these Vermin on rookies to see if they get a stat boost at no real loss if they die.

I'll talk about Cooking in the next post.
>>
>>53083484
According to the rules of the game it has to be a consenting partner, anon. Are you telling me you changed a dude to a girl and raped him? that's insane.
>>
>>53083313
This just in: Dungeons and Dragons is also a fetish game!
>>
>>53083484
That's pretty cool and lucky. That dude though. Wow.

>>53083504
Thank you for the breakdown anon, and the next post.

s there ever a reason to consume a monster organ? The one that gives you parasites.

Also, if I archive something, that means it's not gonna come up again in the campaign, right? (Theoretically. I'm on Scripted V2 TTS)
That lady that made my men sit out like >>53083484 stole my Lantern Guidepost, which seems like a good spear.
>>
File: cfb.jpg (161KB, 625x560px) Image search: [Google]
cfb.jpg
161KB, 625x560px
>>53083565
>>
>>53083425
Isn't that just for armor?
I was fairly certain you could stack weapons/other, as long as it didn't say unique.
Monster Grease in particular was something I remember being a legit strategy poots said was understandable, and the reason why certain monster attacks hit on X+ regardless of modifiers.
>>
>>53083565
She could well have consented to it, for the good of the settlement.
Hell, much more likely to be consensual than finding a random survivor through an event. The former dude already has a bond to the place and a reason to want to keep it going, could do it as something necessary for survival. Random Found Survivor gets found by four dudes and brought to their village of corpses and told to make babies and that's a way different story.
>>
File: IMG_5390.png (3MB, 639x5187px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5390.png
3MB, 639x5187px
Anyone else excited elves are coming to the setting?
>>
>>53083504
Cont'd.

Cooking removes the chance of death from the stat boost Vermin. You should probably wait to cook until you're gearing for the end-game, which is when it really shines. Safely tacking stat boosts onto your better survivors as part of end-game prep is very useful. You don't even need to send them on the Hunt.

There are four recipes in the game, currently.

Venison Oso Buco is the best, because if you already have a Nightmare Tick, you can probably get all the other ingredients in a single Hunt against a level 1 Screaming Antelope. If you go on that hunt with the expectation of murder-stomping it, you can stack your survivors to potentially have another... what, 50% chance to get another Nightmare Tick? That's amazing. Plus the monster resources required aren't even rare in a HL deck that practically trips over itself to give you resources. And it gives permanent Evasion! That's a top-tier stat!

3 Eye Stew is probably the worst. You have to fight a Phoenix to get it, first of all, as well as a White Lion, so you can't get it in a single hunt. Plus the monster resources it requires are, if I remember, actually sort of rare in their decks. Additionally, higher tier weapons tend to have good accuracy anyway so...

Sword Beetle Skewer is middle of the road. You still have to hunt two different monsters, and the resources for one of them is somewhat rare. But antelopes and lions are pretty easy to crit-farm, and both have self-healing options in their decks to extend the fight if you need to. I've emptied both the antelope and lion resource decks in "harvest" fights before. Strength is always valuable throughout the game.

Stuffed Cockroach is generally not worth it unless you have someone screwed over by deficiencies. Even then there are other options to remove one or two.

To be concluded...
>>
>>53083848
I'm excited to not touch it, yep.
>>
>>53083848
Elves could bring some levity to a world of weirdness. The backers of the twilight knights, here to teach the humans and free them from the nightmare cycle
>>
Anyone plan on running a game on TTS sometime?
Don't know where I'd search if I wanted to join, but would be up for running a game on it, I think.
Just not today, unfortunately.
>>
File: IMG_5606.jpg (97KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5606.jpg
97KB, 400x533px
>>53083848
Only if they bring suckling land squids or some other KD appropriate wierdness
>>
>>53083848
>>53083996
Elves wouldn't do that.

I agree with this anon:
>>53083964
>>
>>53083578
Nope! It's there as a trap in case you have a compulsion to eat it from some other effect.

Archived just means it goes back into the "box." Think of it like a harsher version of a discard. It can still be pulled out again if a new "instance" of a deck is required. For example, you are supposed to archive the resources you gained from a hunt, as one of the last steps of the settlement phase. But that's just so that the resource decks have the full complement and chances of cards when you draw from them the next time you need to.

This also means that getting resources during the hunt is particularly strong, since it reduces the size of the resource decks, increasing the chance to get rare resources.

>>53083884
Just three more things to add. I haven't played much with the expansions, but I'm told that the three following are good for Cooking.

Sunstalker adds the Salt resource, which when added to a recipe, also gives +1 permanent strength to the result. So you could only make the Nightmare Tick recipe and end up with a lot of muscle-ghosts.

Dung Beetle Knight has an... endeavor, I think, that lets you ignore one of the resources required for a recipe as a side effect. Which if combined with Salt can let you do some really dumb stuff. The Dung Beetle also always has a bug patch during the showdown, so that's an even better chance to get something good.

Spidicules... I'm told, also has benefits for cooking. But I have no idea what they'd be. I haven't seen it personally, so maybe I'm missing something? Maybe when you kill a spiderling you get a vermin? I dunno.

The 1.5 update also included a bug patch on the level 2 Screaming Antelope (plus it gives out even more monster resources), and one thing Poots has stated is that Cooking (and food in general) will be expanded on, heavily.

Last thing I'll say is that you can technically have a bug patch and sickle on each survivor for four Herb Gathering Hunt events and maybe 4 bug patches during the showdown.
>>
>>53083703
>She could well have consented to it, for the good of the settlement.
Nah man, if you did it unwillingly, this just looks like a forced sex scenario. If someone points a gun to your head and gives you the choice, it's tecnically consent and you did it 'for survival', but still rape. Was he gay? because your sexuality doesn't change because your body changed. It just looks weird.
>>
>>53083848
I don't think they are going to be part of the setting any more than any of the promotional cross over characters have been in the past.

So there might be "an elf" but I doubt there will be "elves."

The idea of "classes" as alternates to the Age event is interesting, though.
>>
File: it's just The Implication.png (1MB, 1220x918px) Image search: [Google]
it's just The Implication.png
1MB, 1220x918px
>>53084077
It's not rape, man. That's horrible, the other survivors would never do that.
>>
>>53083973
Yeah, actually. I've been playing on my own a lot, but all the games normally hosted on it are private, and the TTS community seems really shitty in general so I am hesitant to start an open game.

>Is turned off by TTS-idiots
>Is intrigued by anons

This may end poorly.
>>
>>53084077
Anon, why are you questioning this?

He got to become the little girl. It's every anon's dream that they hold in their beautiful maiden hearts.
>>
>>53084070
EVERY Screaming Antelope got the bug patch.
Level 2 and 3 Antelopes got more postfight resources and a new way to get the Barber-Surgeon.
Dunno if he said every L2-3 got more resources or just the Antelopes though
>>
>>53083973
>>53084194
I'm really enjoying KDM with friends and solo, but I feel like it isn't a very random person friendly game.
>>
>>53084194
I mean, most fa/tg/uys might be shit, but they at least acknowledge their occasional cringiness and attempt to stop/change.
I've played in a log horizon campaign and a little bit of 5e, and quite a few vidya with anons and they're alright.

>>53084278
you do have a point, there though.
>>
>>53084077
There's no guns in this game
OR IS THERE
There isn't
Or is/spoiler]
The end?
>>
>>53084070
Forgot to say, but the +10 survival from each recipe could be spent on Nightmare Training someone into a badass. If you have the endeavors to support it, you could potentially level someone up a LOT from doing a loop of the two innovations.

>>53084249
Oh, well THAT is nifty... and I'm actually owed some Vermin, in that case.
>>
Dumbass question:
I actually happen to be fighting a kingsman right solo, and am wondering:
Critical wounding a location that doesn't have a crit wound effect:
does it still cancel reactions?
Or do those reactions go off regardless unless the monster happens to be knocked down.
>>
>>53083996
I can't see that-
A settlement innovation, Induced Lactation Farm
Female survivors can spend an endeavor, cannot do anything else that settlement phase. A small octopuss creature is attached and feeds on breast milk where it is naturally fermented into a kind of sour curd. The creature is then killed and harvested. Can be used in cooking to add a bonus +1 strength. RollD10 on a 1 the survivor loses her tits, -1 to intimacy
...or something
>>
>>53084440
The Manhunter has a pistol, and you can actually take it from him eventually. Also, the Great Game Hunters have firearms. But they are too busy living the high life, hunting Gorms and rigging their bodies with explosives, to bother with you normally.

Sorry, anon.
>>
>>53084474
New chest severe wound spot for females:
breasts. Two check boxes, each -1 to intimacy.

Just proved the troll right, so now I'm gonna not post
>>
>>53084505
crazy spoil me the stat block?/spoiler]
>>
>>53084464
If it doesn't have a Critical effect, the location cannot be critically wounded, and it is not a critical.

So you still get the reaction. Sorry.
>>
File: IMG_5608.jpg (38KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5608.jpg
38KB, 500x476px
This was a limited release mini, right? I didn't think founding stones were so huge, but it makes more sense that it could auto crit
>>
>>53084545
It's not really a weapon.

Deathpact
Blue-top, Red-right
Unique. At the start of your act, gain +1 survival.
Once per campaign, can cause an automatic hit and an automatic critical wound.

Oh, and it's fragile so... try not to fall down holes with it.
>>
>>53084610
They are small. In the prologue art you see the founding stone is the size of a hand as the man reaches for it.
>>
>>53084610
Not a Founding Stone. She tore a boulder free and is using it as a unique weapon. I forget the stats, but it's up on the KDM website under the... extra events page I think? If she rolls a 1 on her attack she loses it and it turn into one of those giant stone faces you can stand on for accuracy and range.
>>
File: [crusades internally].jpg (88KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
[crusades internally].jpg
88KB, 680x497px
>TFW you murder a blue savior with the sleeping virus flower one hunt away from ceasing to exist
>TFW you plan to do a similar thing with multiple saviors
>TFW you critically wound on 3s with an infinite chain of survivors as long as you have people left
>TFW I'm going to add flower knight to every single campaign from now on.
No wonder poots is nerfing them, this shit is gross.
>>
>>53084696
Hell, Flower Knight in general is gross with all the abuse you can pull on it.
>>
>>53084461
Did you go to where the bug patch would be and use it despite it not being there, before the Antelope died?
Obviously your survivors were too busy focusing on the Antelope itself to harvest bugs.
>>
>>53084474
>>53084511
Obviously the way to get around that is to have a version that happens when a male endeavours there as well
>>
>>53084696
So you did all that just to preserve the stat bonus? Because that's the only thing that'll carry over - the rest of the savior stuff is an ability, and those don't carry over.
I mean yeah, 4 luck/evasion is nice, don't get me wrong, but you could've also done an understanding loop at some point and not dicked with getting people intentionally killed or having to use a specific expansion.
>>
File: 1459877593388.png (128KB, 232x323px) Image search: [Google]
1459877593388.png
128KB, 232x323px
>>53084788
You're telling me.
>Vespertine bows
>on blue saviors
>Range 9 bows that crit on 8s out of the gate
>Greater Gaxe hitting from normal bow range that either crit wounds or re-rolls

>Fucking Flower Knight Badge

>Fencing in general

>>53084968
>understanding loop
????
Also, this build(s) came online LY 6. I know the savior stuff doesn't carry over, but it doesn't mean you can't have another savior be a host if you want, later.
Like, you set your saviors right and you can have 3-4 permanent luck, evasion, and (maybe, don't really need it) strength on a single survivor before lantern year... 14-15? or something, that never really goes away. Admittedly, you can get kinda fucked by certain disorders, even with reincarnation, but the point stands.
It's also not a lot of work.
Stuff that I get to keep over and over on to my new survivor, ad infinitum.
>+1 Accuracy, Strength, and Evasion from family of death
>+4 (I got lucky, should be +3 normally) permanent luck
>Sleeping Virus flower, Luck charm, and Vespertine bow synch up for more
>axe specilization/eventually mastery carries over
>Quixotic disorder carries over
>Fencing carries over
>Kings step carries over if this reincarnation dies

That's just a single survivor who has a total investment of 6 pieces of incredibly cheap gear, that never dies for good, on lantern year 10.
The rest of my survivors are outfitted incredibly well since I just get so many resources out of whatever quarry I hunt with this "one".
I was also lucky enough to get a death mask, which combined with Gaxe/vespertine and family of death just becomes as gross, but incredibly more risky/harder to use.
>>
>>53085194
Oh you don't know about "glitching" the White Lion?

Alright to do this safely/reliably, you need the following: At least one activated Rawhide Headband. At least one Cat Eye Circlet. At least one Founding Stone. One level 1 White Lion.

Use the Cat Eye Circlet to hunt the HL deck for Strange Hand. Spend your stone on the auto-crit.
Use the Headband to search the AI deck for any of the... four cards that are affected by the Strange Hand persistent injury. Then use whatever you can to make sure that you never remove that card from its deck.

After pruning its deck down to the one card that it can pull (again, one that interacts with the lost hand) put everyone right next to the lion. Spend eight-nine turns making fun of it while it cries from being crippled. Get max Understanding on four survivors from one fight.

You can do this by the third showdown. If you're Romantic, then you can farm out Ageless Saviors.
>>
File: 1422448283643.jpg (44KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
1422448283643.jpg
44KB, 312x322px
>>53085303
That is incredibly disgusting, I think i heard of it before but didn't quite get it before.
I'm not LY12 yet in this game, I know what I'm aiming to do now though.
>Farming +2 accuracy, +2 Str ageless +1 evasion saviors of any type that also synergizes with the sleeping virus flower with no risk of ceasing to exist
>Can potentially make MULTIPLE green ageless saviors with the above in full gorm with a leather shield, and have two with vespertine bows
Fuck me.

why is leyline walker so shit, and why would anyone choose barbaric, +1 strength is shit past like LY 5
>>
>>53085500
Among the people I talk to who have been playing it longer than I have, they think that high strength, high speed builds were what the playtesters gravitated towards.

Leyline Walker is... okay, I guess. You can do some stuff with it alongside things that also don't allow armor? A Beacon/Leather/Scrap Shield combo could end up pretty beefy regardless. Tack on Crystal Skin, maybe... make them a leper?

I'm grasping at straws, here.

Barbaric doesn't get you a Bone Witch.
>>
Does someone mind providing a helpful summary of all the campaign variants introduced in the expansions?
What are they like?
Like the people of the _____ stuff.
>>
>>53085713

Leyline walker lead to our first settlements favorite dude:

Joel was a leyline walker covered in grease. He lost an arm to bad luck, the very hunt before a mysterious hooded man gave him a magic sword and mumbled something about special destiny.

Joel couldnt use the twilight sword, on account of it being two handed. But like hell if he was going to let anyone else use it.

He later ended up going deaf, completing his transformation into an unhittable greased up deaf guy. He 'won' his duels with the hooded knight as well, which we can only imagine as him running around and dodging attacks until the knight leaves in frustration.
>>
>>53085759
People of the Sun: Survival of the Fittest only with an endgame bossrush. Praise the sun!
People of the Stars: The Tyrant wants to remake his civilization. Lucky you gets to be that civilization. Play constellation bingo, or else. Don't let the good ones die off, it's all about them.
People of the Bloom: Regular game, but you get a bunch of stat bonuses (and some penalties), can make some extra shit, and get flowers and shit. And can't hunt the flower knight, but who cares you can get almost all his shit for free
>>
File: Jollycooperation.png (106KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Jollycooperation.png
106KB, 500x375px
>>53085759
I've only done People of the Sun, and it's pretty wild.
Depending on you you run, your entire gameplay probably now revolves around Strength Tokens. You're going to want to get rare monster parts, and if you set up right you have survivors that start shaving off multiple AI cards per hit, but get really fucked if they get knocked down.
(encourage doesn't exist, and all those wonderful tokens go away)
Timeline wise, it feels really really great... until you realize all of the nemesis monsters are piled up in a giant gauntlet at the end of the campaign, and you Need to be ready, as a single loss ends the campaign.
Not being able to wear Heavy gear limits your choices less than you'd think, and you should take advantage of the "free" intimacy just about whenever you can, SoTF is still pretty rough and it's forced on you (which is why I'd use the potential 1.5 version if you want to be running it)
You want to partner/purify/child of the sun/intimacy as much as humanly possibly. Like it was said earlier in the thread, People of the Sun is about the Settlement, with the capital S. individual people don't matter, only the Sun.
You're gonna want to pay extra-special attention to the timeline in this one.
Other expansions are pretty harsh, as Sun needs some pretty specific resources, but you might make it work IDK.
It's pretty damn fun, just remember that Humans are essentially the bottom of the foodchain in KDM and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1493517896523.jpg (855KB, 830x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1493517896523.jpg
855KB, 830x1191px
How big can a stone face get? Also do they have different features or are they all the same sleek expressionless face?
Also what colors do they come in?

I am asking to get ideas for basing - haven't played the game yet so please do not spoil.
>>
>>53085985
>>53086036
Thanks for the explo's guys. Was curious about this "The Sun" in my locations deck. Looked nasty.

I realize now I'm like 1/5 of the posts in this thread, having gone from curious about the game, to having in on TTS, to being totally obsessed, until (as is par) almost loosing my shit to the first butcher, getting demoralized and hating the game, to getting gud, and loving it again.

Seriously considering buying this physically if I can, when/if 1.5 comes out.

Great thread, it's been an honor, rip, F, etc
>>
>>53086353
>having gone from curious about the game, to having in on TTS, to being totally obsessed, until (as is par) almost loosing my shit to the first butcher, getting demoralized and hating the game, to getting gud, and loving it again
Same shit happened to me, except I didn't lose to butcher at all :^)
>>
>>53086353
Same for me except it was losing two really cool guys to the The Hand event instead of Butcher.
>>
>>53084070
If I remember, some shit involving the Legless Ball and the Silk Storm causes Vermin gains.
>>
>>53086359
Figuratively loosing my shit, mostly. I would've had a TPK and possibly grave pop lost had I not decided in the last round that he was bullshit and I won. I did get lucky on the reward roll and got his cleaver.

>>53086411
I'm about to send a female party of randos to the hand.
Will it be a success or a massive failure?
only the faces know.
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.