[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Systems and settings for child PCs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

I just read Tales from the Loop and it lit the GM flame in me.

Know any other games with this basic premise of child PCs? I know about WoD Innocents, but I've never read it. Is it a good way to play?
>>
>>52984381
Innocents is a pretty lame splat, desu.

I apologize in advance if your thread gets shit up with /pol/trash. I don't know if they're still fixated on the Swedish numale stuff that Tales from the Loop thread usually get spammed with.
>>
>>52984381
I suggest looking into either Little Fears or or Monsters and Other Childish Things, both are horror games, where in the former you're a kid trying to protect yourself from the Bogeyman, and the latter you're a kid with a not so imaginary friend who might actually be an other worldly abombination.
>>
>>52986284
>you're a kid with a not so imaginary friend who might actually be an other worldly abombination.

Yare-yare, daze
>>
>>52986284
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I had heard of Little Fears before, but not Monsters. Little Fears has two versions, right? Which is the better one?
>>
>>52984381
>>52986284
Was going to recommend Little Fears. I've only played the original, though, so I wouldn't be able to compare the two.
One thing I like to do in LF and I think is interesting in games where you play as kids is making the writing of the character sheets feel like a school exercise.
I always start by telling my players they have a written assignment about introducing themselves, then I go through the character stats as if they were already in character ("My name is..., I'm... years old, etc").
I make them draw their character's family as stickmen, and give them a grade at the end. It's usually good fun and it really helps them get in their character's shoes.
>>
File: tannenbaum.jpg (295KB, 711x1005px) Image search: [Google]
tannenbaum.jpg
295KB, 711x1005px
>>52987715
I'm liking the sound of this. I'll definitely try it. It sounds like it could work with most of these games, since they're all set in modern times. Are there any medieval fantasy games meant to be run this way?

Are there any systems you know that are meant for medieval fantasy with this premise? I imagine they're much rarer
>>
>>52987815
No clue. Though LF is very light and easily adaptable. Don't really know about the rest.
>>
>>52987567
Only played the original myself, but heard the second edition scaled down the horror aspect a fair bit.
>>
File: 430763.jpg (95KB, 670x501px) Image search: [Google]
430763.jpg
95KB, 670x501px
>>52987975
In what way? I can't really find much about the differences other than some vague mention to shifting more towards goosebumps style. Isn't that what it was from the start?
>>
>>52988185
Well, the original was more in the tone of IT, and 2E is more like Goisebumps. Also, the original rules set had more... dark and adult themes at time. For instance, the rulers of Closetland were connected to each of the Deadly Sins... yes, including that one.
>>
Bumping one last time to see if there are any more suggestions for games. Thanks for the ideas, anons.
>>
>>52989258
Could run a VTM game with everyone taking the flaw "child"
>>
>>52984381
didn't they just release a RPG form of that guy's work
>>
>>52989753
Yeah, that's Tales from the Loop
>>
>>52989800
oh okay, I thought TftL was one of his straight art books, and the RPG had a different name
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.