[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if Zarus were less of an ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Zarus_zpsd4dd9da1.jpg (15KB, 231x264px) Image search: [Google]
Zarus_zpsd4dd9da1.jpg
15KB, 231x264px
What if instead of being all like "We must enslave or kill all untermench non-humans!"
what would that look like /tg/?
>>
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for human children.
>>
oh fiddlefucks it I forgot the part of him being less of an ass between killing non-humans and what it would look like
>>
I remember some guy a long time ago throwing up a list of plausible Zarusian sub-cults which was neat.

OTOH anyone who actually wanted to play a Zarus worshiper in game would seem so unbearably edgy I don't think I'd be down for it.
>>
He would grow a beard.
All will fall before Pelor the Burning Hate
>>
File: Sects of Zarus.png (141KB, 1350x405px) Image search: [Google]
Sects of Zarus.png
141KB, 1350x405px
>>52982828
This one?
>>
>>52982800
Pelor
>>52982809
also Pelor
>>52982812
Probably Pelor
>>52982828
unless they play Pelor
>>52982846
you know it
>>
>>52982800
literally who
>>
>>52982800
Zardoz?
>>
>>52983460
He's a D&D god of human elitism.
>>
Zarus is as /tg/ as it gets already.
>>
>>52983080
>Convert the world by fucking Elf, Dorf and Halfling qts
I can get behind the Pellangians.
>>
It is simply natural for the weak to be used by the strong. It doesn't matter what you do to the non-humans. Focus on improving yourself and nature will take its course. The world will bow to humanity. It is only a matter of time. Only raise your hand in violence against those pitiful creatures, consumed by envy, dare perform acts of treachery to delay the inevitable ascendance of Man.

So yeah. Human god of self-improvement.
>>
>>52982800
So what, just turn Zarus into Pelor? Why?
>>
>>52983649
That's how you're supposed to play a worshipper of Zaurus anyway right?

No player would choose to worship Zaurus just to attack the first nonhuman they see right? right?
>>
>>52983505
>congratulations
>not conglaturation
>>
>>52982800
Well, in my campaign I basically re-wrote his entire backstory, which on one hand, is kind of over kill, but on the other, this is a "what if" thread so might as well give my Zarus version. Feel free to skip the green text, it's only there for in-story context.

>Long ago in a distant land yaddi yaddi yadda
>Gods make the Material Plane their own, begin creating life forms, and then mess around a bit in a communal effort to create a subserviant, intelligent race that will worship them to figure out which of them is clearly the best, by who is followed most
>The humans they created worship them, but it's wildly inconsistent, there is no clear winner, so in true god-like fashion most of the gods just kick the board over, abandon humans and start focusing on their own pet projects some of which they already made a while back
>Humans who were protected from others for a long time by the sheer fact that they were in the gods' spotlight, now are completely in the open, and begin getting raided by neighbours
>While divine casters are thing, they can't really save everyone, and there's few and far between as the gods aren't paying that much attention to the humans anymore
>Finally, one day the unthinkable happens. A town comes under attack by raiders, the city guard go out to meet them, and they all die, save one, who manages to fight the rest of them off using magic, but without any god granting it to him.
>Enter Zarus: First (human) non-divine magic user, Mage-Emperor of Mankind, and posthumous patron of a literally god-forsaken species

Basically, he has nothing against non-humans, but has a certain amount of spite against some major non-human groups that stole away the various (good) gods' adorations and left his people to fend for themselves.
Also, he has a fair amount of pride in humanity who following his example began researching magic, and rebuilt themselves from near nothingness to a group that once again has the attention of most gods.
>>
>>52983823
What people want =/= what is best for people
>>
>>52983712
You can be a racist without entering a rabid rage at the first sight of your hated subject. Reality should have taught you as much.
I've played a racist as fuck character once and the character journey of "Among X, never relax", to "All X are terrible, but that guy is okay", to "We might not actually have to exterminate all X, I guess some are okay" was fun as fuck.
>>
>>52983864
That's XCOM, baby.
>>
Annnndd thread derailed
>>
>>52982800
He'd be like any of the other racial pantheon Gods who instead focused on protecting and governing his race.
>>
Take your anal angst to the board where political discussions belong, /pol/. And for the non-Americans chiming in "w-we don't like him either", you have your own containment board, /int/.
>>
>>52984435
>He flipped states that have voted for the dims for decades. That's a landslide.

Lanslides tend to refer to numbers, rather than 'He did something a bit unusual'.

His numbers were nothing really spectacular.
>>
>>52984471

>ok fine. his victory was also historic. does that make you happy?

Well, it's not really 'Also' if it wasn't a landslide.

>yes most elections are very one sided.whats your point?

That people keep using the term landslide without seeming to understand what it means.
>>
>>52983080
That's it. Thanks dude. The Octists get me every time.
>>
File: Penis a shit. Based gun.jpg (28KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Penis a shit. Based gun.jpg
28KB, 500x280px
>>52983497
>>
>>52984136

You can't derail a thread if it was purposefully made for bait. I mean, Zarus is the personification of /pol/
>>
File: Thus Spoke Zarus.gif (135KB, 679x400px) Image search: [Google]
Thus Spoke Zarus.gif
135KB, 679x400px
>>52982800
>>52982812
He'd look like the less extreme parts of /pol/

"It makes sense for humans to look out for humans before others. In fact, I find it strange that there are dwarves or elves who don't look out primarily for members of their own race. What's up with that?"

"Of course humans are superior. That doesn't mean we should go around killing all the halflings. As superior beings, it is our duty to be a shining example for all the lesser races of what they can one day maybe acomplish."

"Elves are honorary humans, so half-elves are perfectly okay, but less than ideal. Orcs are shitskins, though, so don't breed with them."

"It's not gay if the outsider looks female."
>>
>>52985920

Imagine if there was a bicycle, and every so often a different person got to ride the bicycle. Now imagine that, once you got the bicycle, the seat has been locked in an uncomfortable position, two of the gears are broken, and there's a lock on the rear wheel preventing the bike from moving, and the only person with the key is the last person to ride the bike, and he won't give up the key because he intends to give it to his girlfriend who goes after you so the bike's settings aren't changed.
>>
>>52982800
It would look like almost every other race, because most of them have at least one god who is backing their race specifically. Congrats, humans have a god who is watching out for them over all others, just like everyone else.
>>
File: Zarus&POL.jpg (82KB, 1388x257px) Image search: [Google]
Zarus&POL.jpg
82KB, 1388x257px
>>52985315

Saved for eternity!
>>
>>52982800
OP, how does if feel knowing an extremely austistic liberal and some people from /pol/ derailed the entire thread?
>>
>the fucking swathe of devastation in this thread
>people still going at it
>>
File: map_nhblack.gif (26KB, 567x473px) Image search: [Google]
map_nhblack.gif
26KB, 567x473px
>>52988627
>lots of foodstamp use in red states
Really gets the noggin joggin'...
>>
>>52983080
Fucking septists with their godless shoes. More like septics, am I right?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.