[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG vs Yu-Gi-Oh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
Hey Yu-Gi-Oh players. I haven't played the game in several years and I was wondering if they ever made it so the DEF stat wasn't pointless? What I mean by that is if you have a monster that's ATK 2500 and DEF 1500 it's in practice the same as having a DEF of 0. It seemed to me that until the DEF stat of a monster started approaching 3000 it might as well have been nothing.

Meanwhile in Magic the toughness stat is extremely important. The difference between a 5/4 creature and a 5/1 is colossal.

Also Magic vs Yu-Gi-Oh thread I guess.
>>
>>52980117
When a monster attacks a face-down monster, the difference between attack and defense is inflicted as lifepoint damage. Also, certain monsters have a trample effect where they can inflict lifepoint damage when they attack a defense-position monster.
>>
>>52980135
When I played that only happened with a small number of cards. Effect monsters whose gimmick was they did that.

Are you saying they changed it to just a normal rule of the game now?
>>
>>52980154
That's just shit he be spewing lad. It's not real.

And it'd actually be pretty bad because it'd take away one of the few of protecting your lifepoints if you're on the receiving end of a shit stomp.

Anyway if we're going to have a MTG vs Yugioh thread why not actually try to figure out a way to have a the two games actually play against each other?
>>
>>52980347
Actually he's not. If you have a 2000 DEF creature and they attack you with a 1000 ATK creature they will take 1000 Damage.

But some creatures have "Piercing" which allows them do deal life point damage even through defense. So if you have a 2000 DeEF creature and I have a 2500 ATK creature with "Piercing" you take 500 damage.
>>
>>52980432
Ah. First time i read it made it sound like everything had trample when against a face down monster, but some creatures could trample through a monster even when in face-up defense position.
My apologies for the misread.
>>
>>52980471
No big deal, his wording was poor, even I had to read it over twice to get what he meant, and what he said wasn't 100% accurate.

I just wanted to make sure the right info was out there.
>>
>>52980432
Why did you cover that guy's retarded ass? That's obviously not what he meant, he was just trying to shitpost.
>>
>>52980117
Don't make a thread for this shit, just google the game rules. If you can't do that you have bigger problems.
>>
>>52980117
No, but they made cards without defence?
>>
>>52980117
>modern YGO
>caring about defense

the DEF stat means nothing now considering people don't even play monsters face-down anymore and any monsters that get put in face-up Defense are xyz summons that are only used for effect farming
>inb4 some shit tier ghostrick build tells me I'm wrong
>>
>>52984628
Problem is that it NEVER meant anything. It's one of a monster's core characteristics and it's less important than the art.
>>
>>52986774
Defense mode is actually worse for defense than attack mode because the attack stat is almost always higher and you are going to lose more lifepoints from losing the board than you are from being chipped.

It's important to note that yugioh was never designed to be a card game, it was designed for a single volume of a board game manga. There is no design purpose at all to the game's mechanics and they are only present because of how the game started out.

If only there were anime styled card games that have never banned cards, stay on the same power level for years at a time, and have over twenty continuously supported archetypes. Unfortunately, no such games exist.
>>
>>52984290
Do I even want to know?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.