[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make a Wild West campaign work, /tg/? What system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Rdr_armadillo_oblique02.jpg (286KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Rdr_armadillo_oblique02.jpg
286KB, 1280x718px
How would you make a Wild West campaign work, /tg/?

What system would you use?
Would you add fantasy or horror elements?
>>
>>52977634
I would use Traveller, its deadly enough and has good gunplay and a fluid turn structure.

I probably wouldn't add fantasy or horror elements, at least not until about halfway through. It could turn into Ravenous - would be cool. People getting superhuman strength and healing abilities from cannibalism... Windigo!
>>
Just run Deadlands if you like crunch, or Deadlands: Reloaded if you like fast playing systems.

Deadlands is my go to game for a long time. Nothing quite matches the appeal of a group of gunslinging Spaghetti Western cowboys vs B Movie Monsters.
>>
Deadlands?
>>
>>52977634
Dogs of the Vineyard. Throw in American Folk Tales and Native American Myths for supernatural elements.

How does one stat John Henry in DotV?
>>
>>52977859
>>52977862
I'd play Deadlands in a heartbeat if I knew where to play.

Online I can't find any active games and only a handful of people in the past year have I seen express any interest in playing, and none of them GMing.

I once asked about it in a D&D group I went to at my LGS. Everyone but one guy said they'd never heard of it, and the one guy who did said he really wanted to play it
but had never heard of or seen anyone else running or playing it.

Deadlands is impossible to play because no one plays it, as good as it is.
>>
>>52977963
Suck it up & GM it for your group on an off day. Get them liking it, play it til another dude wants to run it.
>>
I would use WoD mortal rules because hey maybe this is a way to trick my friends into playing WoD for a change.
>>
File: donner_party_rwri4k.jpg (78KB, 699x400px) Image search: [Google]
donner_party_rwri4k.jpg
78KB, 699x400px
>>52977634
>Would you add fantasy or horror elements?
No fantasy. Just horror.
>>
>>52977963
Every time you meet one of those people, get their phone number. Send that number to everyone else you've gotten numbers from, and ask each of them to do the same, until there's five of you, and you've got a group. It may take months. It may even take years. It may just be worth it.
>>
>>52977634
I would use D&D 5th Edition, or really D&D in any edition, because I know that it would make a lot of people scream in rage, and that personally amuses me.

>>52977834
>Windigo

Spotted the Brony. 'Cause when referring to the monster from native American myth, it's supposed to be "wendigo".

Mind the only way I could have spotted you is if I, myself, was a Brony.

What's up?
>>
>>52977634
>How would you make a Wild West campaign work, /tg/?
Wild West is dressing, what matters is the type of game you want to run.

>What system would you use?
GURPS and High-Tech at a minimum for TL5~6 support.

>Would you add fantasy or horror elements?
Depends on what game I want to run, so either, both, or neither. I might even add sci-fi elements.
>>
File: winn dixie.jpg (296KB, 667x689px) Image search: [Google]
winn dixie.jpg
296KB, 667x689px
>>52982353
The problem with being a little smart is that you sometimes think you're smarter than you are.
>>
>>52977634
If I did a Wild West campaign, it would probably look like The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Steel Ball Run and Golden Kamui put in a blender.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.