[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Roboute?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: leman-russ-horz.jpg (62KB, 472x288px) Image search: [Google]
leman-russ-horz.jpg
62KB, 472x288px
Other than the obvious reason of being Papa Smurf, the posterboys of the Marines, why DID they pick Roboute to awaken? Why not bring back one of the Warp-lost, like Russ, or El'Jonson?
>>
>>52977092
Because unlike the other two he is the only mother fucker other then emps thar people KNOWS where he is
>>
Alright, while that's true, that doesn't explain why they (GW) didn't just have Russ or one of the other Primarchs currently MIA in the Warp pop out due to the entire debacle at Cadia.
>>
>>52977204
Pretty much this. Anyone want to place bets on the next one to return? My vote is Dorn.
>>
>why DID they pick Roboute to awaken?
they wanted a character that solves problems in ways other than hitting them with his sword
>>
File: Alpharius_Pythian_Scales (1).jpg (792KB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
Alpharius_Pythian_Scales (1).jpg
792KB, 873x876px
>>52977092
>Wanting Lemon Yiff and Lion "My Chapter currently has more traitors than the Alpha Legion" El'Jonson
>Over Vulkan
>Over Jaghatai
>Over mother fucking Dorn, the greatest living son of the Emperor
>>
Didn't Dorn kinda... die? I mean, if we're going to count corpses as potential comebacks, why not Sanguinius?
>>
>>52977092
He's basically the Bureacratic Primarch, his specialty is organization and he actually knows how to run a government. GW wanted someone who can start "fixing" the imperium so "the end times" aren't a foregone conclusion.

The other surviving primarchs will probably show up in the next book.
>>
File: Rogal_Dorn_sketch.jpg (545KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
Rogal_Dorn_sketch.jpg
545KB, 764x665px
>>52977470
Nobody found Dorn's corpse, just his hand. And Vulkan sort of confirms he's alive in an off-hand statement in the Beast.
>>
It was either him or Dorn. The rest can't manage an empire for shit.
>>
>>52977092
>We must bring back one of the Primarchs! The fate of the galaxy depends on it! Everyone into the warp!
>Actually we have one in stasis not far-
>INTO THE WARP
>>
>>52977572
I fell out of my chair laughing at that, you bastard.

But is it really so hard to believe that with so much upheaval in the Warp, one of the Primarchs lost in it might just... sorta appear?
>>
>>52977498

Yeah but what's an Imperial Fist without his fist?
>>
>>52977945
Nah, it's better this way. Now he's an Imperial Fist instead of an Imperial Fists.
>>
>>52977955

I'll accept that that if he replaces it with a construction tool
>>
My estimates on the chances of the other loyalist primarchs have of returning
Russ-100%
Lion-100%
Vulkan-95%
Dorn-80%
Khan-50%
Corax-50%
Ferrus Manus-2%
Sanguinius-2%
>>
>>52977945
He has a spare fortunately. And it would find itself deep in the posterior of the enemies of mankind, clad in a consecatrix-pattern power fist. unlubed
>>
>>52977092
Naturally they'll trot out everyone'e favorite Primarch, Corvus Corax.
I looked it up and hes actually lost in the Warp and not dead or locked in a closet like I thought.
>>
>>52978178
I have never seen a more beakish nose, Jesus Christ that's terrifying. What do the Ravens even do, typically? I'm not all that fresh on 40K, I'm pretty new to the whole deal.
>>
>>52978235
They fly
>>
>>52978235
they do sneaky, hit and run,style combat.
>>
>>52978235
They do gorilla warfare and die.
>>
>>52978235
>What do the Ravens even do, typically?
All their doctrine centers around staying hidden.
>>
>>52977092

because the Imperium needs a bureaucrat who can fix 10,000 years of red-tape and fuckery more than it needs a another warrior.
>>
>>52977092
They outright stated that Russ would just flip his fucking shit when he saw what happened to the Imperium and start killing everything he considered wrong until something finally managed to take him out.
>>
Wanting Lemon Yiff the furry faggot of the space yiffs
>>
>>52977092
Actual competence at governance, which is what the Imperium needs the most right now. They have the power to crush just about any threat, they need someone who knows how to bring it to bear.
>>
File: ork.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ork.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>52977945
An Iron Hand.
>>
>>52978300
This mostly >>52978300
While saving the butts of their more bullheaded cousins from and being bros about it. Seriously almost all the stories staring the Raven Guard end up with them being thrown in an impossible position, die mass and or win through pure skill and edge. Then walking away without so much of a complain. Fucking space ninjas man.
>>
File: Yvry a cute.jpg (212KB, 593x725px) Image search: [Google]
Yvry a cute.jpg
212KB, 593x725px
>>52977092
Because BobbyG has biggest penis known to Eldar as "Burning Sword".
>>
>>52977092

He's the only primarch with abilities to reorganize and rule the IoM
>>
>>52978235
They use a lot of scouts and jump units.
>>
>>52978235
They hide, then they stop hiding to use their jump packs and get into assault.
Then they die.
>>
>>52977979
Why is Sanguinius not 100% you fucking heretic?
>>
>>52979181
He's dead, Jim.
>>
File: Dorn's Return.jpg (80KB, 607x418px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn's Return.jpg
80KB, 607x418px
>>52977968
>>
>>52979286
>Dorn
>Hammer of the Emperor
>>
>>52977092
>other than the obvious actual reason, why did they do X?
>>
Vulkan next, please. I want my Salamanders to get their own codex and having Vulkan would pretty much guarantee it.
>>
>>52978784
Source full image? Image searches get me nowhere
>>
>>52979981
saccade-rush.tumblr.com
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.