[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reborn Lunar Civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Luna.jpg (49KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Luna.jpg
49KB, 1024x640px
If society was reborn after a cataclysm on a terraformed moon (Similar gravity, day/night cycles, per-industrial society) what differences in tech would they experience?
>>
FUCK YOU THIS IS MY SETTING FUCK YOU STOP READING MY FUCKING MIND FUCK YOU
>>
>similar gravity, day-night cycles

I'm more interested in how they managed to increase the moon's mass sixfold and increase its rotation 27-fold. Where'd that energy come from?
>>
>>52962429
And how have they not destroyed civilization on Earth doing it. Or have they?

If they managed to increase the moons mass so drastically maybe they were also capable of moving it further away from Earth to prevent unholy tides on both worlds. This would mean that Earth and Luna can no longer even be considered planet and moon. Earth and Luna are now twin binary planets.

So you have a post-cataclysm where pre-cataclysm humanity was pretty fucking god-like. Assuming Luna and Earth are both knocked down to pre-industrial levels by whatever fucked the shit up it becomes an unknowing arms race to see who could build up first. Who ever regains practical space flight first, or at least makes interplanetary missiles first, dictates the way shit is going to go.
>>
>>52962394
WHY FIGHT WHEN WE CAN COLLABORATE?

>>52962429
I'm not too sure. I could say comet strikes for rotation & somehow rekindling Luna's core but I'm no physicist or geologist.
I'm rolling with lost advanced technology from the colonial period before the fall.
>>
>>52962495
The setting is an event that 'may' have been The Rapture destroyed earth and left the colonists on a premature world.

Earth is a corpse in the night sky covered in a thick blanket of ash and gold-brown clouds.
The only symbol that their cradle was once a home is a star that shines from beneath the clouds. The Eye of God, as it's known, watches Luna for a rebirth of man's glory.

The 'big bad' is that remnants of this war look to Luna as their blood-right.
>>
>>52962620
I need to know if I've missed something while fleshing out this world. i have the basics like fossil-fuel's replacement, ethnic groups, temperature, flora & fauna,gravity, tec.

The civilization the player are in is at the beginning of an industrial era. I might have missed something.
>>
File: Lunar1box.jpg (25KB, 340x294px) Image search: [Google]
Lunar1box.jpg
25KB, 340x294px
Sorry guys the 90s beat you too it

Wishing on a dream that seems far off...
Hoping it will come today...
>>
Elder Scrolls literally did this exact thing with C0DA, so you could always read that for ideas.
>>
>>52962394
>>52962495

both of you FUCK OFF I'm trying to get a book published with this setting
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.