[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some test players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Monster Melody pic.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Melody pic.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
Hello /tg/, I need some test players for a game system I'm working on and would like some opinions on it. In the game you control two characters, one human between child and young adult age (7-18) and a monster made from a copy of your characters soul. Think digimon/persona-esq where the humans are used for social interactions and the monsters are used to battle each other and complete task using abilities. If you are interested please reply to this thread.
>>
Are there mechanics for fucking your soul monster?
>>
>>52959699
If pic is related, it looks like Tumblrshit
>>
>>52959715
That's all up to you
>>
>>52959722
Drew that making fun of tumblr stuff, thought about coloring the nose weird but couldn't bring my self to do it
>>
It was probably a mistake using a joke drawing, wasn't it?
>>
>>52959699
So, it's Monsters and Other Childish Things?
>>
>>52960099
Depending on the age of the characters, it can be silly or serious, all depends on the players really
>>
File: Monster Melody pic 2.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Melody pic 2.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
Here is a less tumblr drawing. Still not get though.
>>
>>52959699
OP. Start posting some rules so we can SEE something other than a pipe dream.
>>
>>52959699
Sounds cool enough.
Can the monster be anything? Like does it go to Stand and Persona level of weird of it's more like pic-related and stays cutesy and lighthearted?
And does it also involve the actual personality of the character for it's design or it's more of a "untamed potential" kind of deal where the monster reflects values uncoverer inside the character?
Do you have any mechanics for battles yet? Does the character fight in any way or the monster are the only ones fighting?
>>
>>52959699
Replied because of your dubs. It's a weird idea, and it will never get off the ground.
>>
>>52959699
So this is a mix of pokemon and that atheist competitor to Narnia right?
>>
>>52960423
Monsters can be almost anything, they can look like living plush dolls like the cat monster in my drawings or humanoid, demonic, or mythological. The monsters can either represent the character or reflect an opposite view. Yes, Monsters and Humans both have stats, Monsters have HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Intelligence, and Wisdom. Humans have HP, Strength, Constitution, Reflex, Will, and Smarts. The monsters do most of the battles but the humans can fight, though the fights almost always end in KOs.
>>
>>52960563
Souds like a fun time. If you want to post the system, I'd be willing to give it a try with my group.
>>
>>52960418
Monsters have the following stats. HP: Add Attack and Defense together. The rest are made using point system, they start with 25 points and each stat begins with 1 (Not counting towards your 25) and can go no higher then 10. Attack is physical strength, and tells the total number of base dice you roll for attacks. Defense is physical stamina, it tells you how many dice to roll for base damage reduction. Speed tells you how fast your monster is and when it it should go in battle. Intelligence is mental/energy attack and works the same way but against wisdom. Wisdom is mental/energy defense and works the same way but against intelligence.

Humans have the following stats. HP: Constitution and Will added together. The rest of the stats work similarly to the monster, however, they start with only 20 points between the 5, each one begins with 1 and that doesn't minus from the 20 points. Strength is attack, Constitution is defense, Reflex is speed, Will is wisdom, and Smarts is intelligence. Humans cannot make mental/energy attacks, but can defend against them. They can also use Smarts to solve puzzles and riddles, Strength to climb or swim, stuff like that.
>>
>>52960448
That's fair, just trying to make a fun thing for me and my friends.
>>
>>52960453
I guess you could say that, also throw in some cartoon style and logic and you pretty much got the idea.
>>
>>52960720
It's still mostly scrap notes, started working on the idea a while back, but just recently started figuring out how the legalistic of the system. for basic stat stuff see >>52960894 but that's about the jest of what i got so far. It works on the fudge dice system.
>>
The story behind the world for any one interested is that it's a couple 100 years in the future, and scientist have discovered that the human soul is a real thing, and just as they do with everything they see what they can do with it. They were able to create a synthetic soul copied from a real one and use it to make hyper advance AI with Actual Personalty. After the first few test, they began to use them in military applications for weapon systems and similar things, but as with most military tech, after awhile it became a public product and child's toy. Used to create great AI and virtual pets using the soul drive system that have real personalty that grow and learn with time. After that, a company call Melody Beats designed a game using the soul drive system and there own music based system, merging the two together to create the game Monster Melody, where music strengthens the monsters and helps them to grow.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.