[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 82

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52930888
>Crash_2.0_Datadump.hvid
>Technomancy_In_Your_Life.knwsft
>Cyberware_And_Magic:_The_Nature_Of_Burnout.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 467 (7% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Hello Chuck'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Soon_Enough.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Fancy necromancy edition.
How does your magic interact with the dead?
Does it allow you to see the manner of someone's death?
Can you make zombies, and if so, how much do I have to pay you to do a Thriller reenactment?
>>
True necromancy is bad PR. Why press your luck with shitty magic when you can wrap a corpse around an anthroform endoskeleton?
>>
>>52951532
The difference being that pre-CFD, all the nanoware used to construct everything was multi-purpose - like using a swiss army knife when you only needed scissors.

Then when CFD came along, it could consume the nanites physically and create more of itself, but it could also send signals to the multi-purpose nanites from a distance and have the same effect.

Post-CFD, corporations realised their fuckup, and not only reduced the number of ways that nanites could be hijacked and converted, but also turned nanohives and nano-fabrication units into black boxes that would destroy themselves before you could get a good look at (or change) their internal workings.
>>
Hey chummers, One of my friends is going to be a pixie, And yes, I know, Shut up.
Anyway do you have any pictures for a file photo that isn't going to make me want to punch them?
>>
>>52957401
Nigga.

Google.
>>
Does anyone have links where i can download the games?
It doesn't seen like i'll be playing with a group any time soon, so the pc games seem like the next best thing
>>
>>52957424
>>52957419
>>
>>52957424
I'd advise you to buy the games, as Harebrained Schemes is a fairly decent company, all things considered. Failing that, whilst I'd never provide links to a website specifically for illegal activity, go look for one of the various TPB or KickAss mirror lists.
>>
>>52957561
m8
no
do not spoonfeed
>>
>>52957721
The entire point of me being here is to aid in spoonfeeding. Besides, everyone has to start somewhere. Why not here?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/680x8o/i_updated_every_item_from_4e_to_5e_for_chummer/
>>
Hey, how different is playing a technomancer to playing a decker?
>>
>>52959422
As a technomancer, rather than doing anything yourself it's usually better to get a sprite to do every Matrix action in the game for you.
>>
>>52959422
Similar, except you're worse in almost every way. You can't as easily get 'ware to toughen you up, what deckers can do with 200 nuyen program takes submerging from you. And most importantly you can't form a PAN from some goddamn reason, so you can't just steal paydata, you've got to fuck around with messenger sprites sending it to somewhere else nor can you hidethe rest of your parties' wireless shit, leaving the sammie prone to having eyes hacked.
>>
>>52959819
You can actually pretty easily steal pay data. You just need something to put it on. So your commlink (not running a persona because you're not using it as such), a datachip inserted in something else, a datajack, your pants that you modified to run as a 0/0/1/1 device with a persona (which you don't use) with a datachip inserted into it.

Getting a place to put stuff is easy. The hard part is deciding how to keep from going over one point of essence loss.
>>
Playing Shadowrun 5e soon. I want to make a "pure" human. No cybernetics, no enhancements, no magics. It's just the idea I had to make a character who just hates the idea of being modded.

So what are some cool ideas and paths I can take them on so theyre not just BTFO by literally everyone? I was thinking of making them a Face but im not set on it.
>>
>>52957561
Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not that i don't think they're worth buying, i'm just broke as fuck
>>
>>52960244
Be a magician of some description. You could be a kind of hippie wiccan/shaman/druid who thinks modern life is polluting the natural world, or something.
>>
>>52960244
Make an Human Gambler/Face.

Get 7 Edge, Lucky and some hold out pistols with slide holsters.
>>
would a nutritional storage system be good for my ghoul? I don't want to accidentally get stranded in the middle of the woods with my group and have to eat them....
>>
>>52960450
Any specific skills I should look into? Just make a guy who is great at talking and stuff? Lots of contacts and what not?
>>
File: Morr Sel.pdf (70KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Morr Sel.pdf
70KB, 1x1px
Hey. Built a Pixie Magefiltrator, wanted feedback on it. I know Pixies are OP I don't need a chorus of REEEEEEEE to explain it to me. Instead, advice about stuff like spell selection, qualities, skills, etc. would be appreciated.

If I actually run this character, I'm gonna get down on my knees and beg the DM to let me use agility instead of strength or BOD when calculating my physical limit. Its kinda ridiculous that agility is never counted but strength counts TWICE.

To get around the whole "pixies are hunted" thing, my plan is simple - don't have anyone but the other shadowrunners know I exist. Not the johnsons, not the fixers, nobody. Just my fellow PCs, who I can throw dice at if they try to sell me out. To this end I'm not gonna take any armour or weapons, as they'd have to be custom made for me, but my cat mentor means I was going to struggle to be offensive anyway. I don't get a commlink or any computer stuff either, so I have to hang out with another PC who does if I want to be in the loop for communication and planning during a run. Hopefully the DM thinks this is enough of a pixie drawback to balance the character out.

So yeah. Thoughts?
>>
File: 1447033928131.jpg (105KB, 580x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1447033928131.jpg
105KB, 580x1500px
>>52958476
Sometimes I wonder about the choices people make when they say, "I had too much time on my hands."
>>
>>52956906
>'Hello Chuck'
Is that a Secret World reference? I feel like that's a Secret World reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4sCEI6d4ms
>>
>>52960878
Yep AGI not contributing to physical limit makes running a hybrid infiltrator pretty difficult. I have the same gripe but as a GM I'm not sure I would allow it with how good the stat already is.

Will your GM let you use a microtransceiver?
>>
>>52961137
Maybe? I haven't asked them yet. I guess that could work.

And what if the agility thing only counted for stealth checks? It's only putting the limit up to 4 or 5 from 2.
>>
>>52961226
I'd probably apply it to everything (and the other characters as well) but rather than subbing AGI in for a stat, I would add it as another term in the equation. This would require increasing the divisor in the calculation to 4 to account for the additional stat.

Your pixie would end up with a physical limit of 3:
(1 + 5 + 3 + 2x1)/4 = 2.75
An additional point of STR would see the limit increase to 4.
>>
>>52957401
Combing my folder for you, anon. In the mean time, here's a piece of thought for you: Pixies are implied to be human-proportioned, and just shrunk down. If your friend is really pressed for pixie example options, you could let him use a regular person, and provide an idea of their wings separately.
>>
>>52960878
>Not the johnsons, not the fixers, nobody.
Good way to get cut out of the profit.
>>
File: fieri gun.jpg (202KB, 486x412px) Image search: [Google]
fieri gun.jpg
202KB, 486x412px
>>52956906
How valid of a villain would Guy Fieri be?
>>
>>52961548
Sounds like a complicated solution to a problem that barely solves it. The reason I want the limit to go up is because I'm rolling 19 dice on stealth checks and want to be able to actually get a decent number of successes, hence wanting it put up to 5. 3 doesn't really cut it I feel. Thanks for the suggestion though.

>>52961686
Again, thrown dice. Also OOC I'm fine being swindled out of some of the money. Morr doesn't really understand money, and I don't need it except to buy magical components. I think they'd have a "nest" of money in their house that they use for art supplies/toilet paper already.
>>
>>52962108
Sorry, should be 15 dice.
>>
>>52962108
>Again, thrown dice.
What are you throwing? Illiterate and uneducated. No skills outside the arcane and some basics. No gear. No fake SIN. No matrix access. The team won't even need to pretend there's no pay for what you're doing. You have zero understanding of what nuyen is, or that there is a Matrix where you could receive payment for the work you've done. Even credsticks are beyond you.

>I don't need [nuyen] except to buy magical components
Foci, magical components, services, lifestyle better than a complete shithole, etc. all cost something.

>bunch of skills at 1 or 2
Don't do this. Alchemy, Artificing, Assensing, Astral Combat, Counterspelling, Disenchanting, Perception, Ritual Spellcasting? They suck. especially stuff like Artificing, where a bad glitch will just rape your character's essence and magic. Cut down the number of skills, and be better at the few you have left. Perception, Counterspelling, Assensing are important.

>skills at 5
Go 6 or go home.
>>
>>52962220
Thanks for the advice about the skills. I wasn't sure which ones would be important so I spread the points around, plus chummer doesn't let you spend points on things you've spent group skillpoints on and vice versa. I've focused it down a lot more.

I'd probably work something out with the GM and the other players about the money. Maybe instead of working for money I work for magical components or foci? My character lived in the barrens their whole life, they don't really have high standards for "lifestyles better than a shithole". Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>52962324
>they don't really have high standards for "lifestyles better than a shithole"
The Barrens has nice places to live. They're just relatively old, run down, and taken over by gangs and crime cartels.

>I'd probably work something out with the GM and the other players about the money. Maybe instead of working for money I work for magical components or foci?
Who got them into shadowrunning? Did they have hyper-unrealistic-for-the-setting altruism at the heart of their motives, or were they looking to take advantage of a pixie that proved to be a naive magical cashcow the more they opened their mouth? Watch Leon / The Professional. See how he gets played over payment. That's you with the first guy who recognises how easily they can pull the wool over your eyes.

Think hard on knowledge skills. All your active skills also count as knowledge skills. Anything you don't take you won't know anything about.
>>
>>52962447
Thanks for the advice on Knowledge skills, that definitely frees up some points there.

Morr started shadowrunning because they wanted to see the world outside the Barrens. When I think about it I kinda like the idea of clever shadowrunners trying to take advantage of a naive bumpkin who knows nothing about money or "real life". It sets up an interesting dynamic that should make for good roleplaying. Obviously I'd have to talk with the GM about waiving lifestyle expenses, but it doesn't really make sense for a character who went most of their life without even knowing money existed to suddenly have to pay rent.

They've been squatting their entire life, living in old attics or other out-of-the-way corners. One reason they might not need as much money as a normal metahuman is that a "nice place" is for someone on the scale of a pixie is probably different to a nice place on the scale of a metahuman (smaller, at least). And even those "nice places" in the Barrens have absolutely nothing on the "nice places" where metahumans with money, police and housekeepers live. The first time Morr sees a mansion it will probably blow their socks off.
>>
>>52961990
Depends. Which corp does he work for?
>>
man, where the fuck is everyone?
>>
>>52963266
Asleep.
>>
>>52962913
gotta be either Ares or Horizon
>>
>>52963266
lurking
>>
anyone got a pic of a black elf in a suit having rastas ?
>>
File: 1493427952609.jpg (72KB, 758x782px) Image search: [Google]
1493427952609.jpg
72KB, 758x782px
Hey SRG, I recently I managed to get the 5th edition for just a few dollars and I've never played or messed around with this urban arcana, modern fantasy stuff so does anyone have any stories or inspiration for me so I can get into the theme and setting?

Also what supplement books should I get? Any mandatory?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>52963928
>for just a few dollars
DO NOT BUY SR PRODUCTS
DO NOT GIVE CGL MONEY
ALL SHADOWRUN BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE OP PASTEBIN

With that out of the way, let's get to your questions
>inspiration
in the OP pastebin is at the bottom a list of media you can intake to get the feeling of SR. The best way to get a good feeling is however the SR storytime by 2D, which is in the mediafire/MEGA.

>supplement books
Technically you can play SR with just the rulebook, in the same way that you can theoretically run a marathon with just one leg: Possible, but unpleasant
Rule wise: Street Grimoire (Magic), Chrome Flesh (Augmentations), Data Trails (Hacking), Bullets and Bandages (Medtech), Rigger 5 (Rigger stuff, drones and vehicles), Run Faster (More character options), Run and Gun (Various things), Smoking Aces (Spy stuff)
Fluff wise: fluff wise SR5 is lacking, so you should look in previous editions: Important ones are Sixth World Almanac (4e, overview over the history and countries), Shadows of [insert desired area] (3e, info on various locations, replace the brackets with North America/Asia/Europe/etc.), Attitude (4e, various stuff about Runners and entertainment), Corporate Access (4e, corps generally and the top ten), Market Panic (5e, changes to the rankings of the top ten in 5e), Vice (4e, Criminal Underworld) and Rigger 4 (4e, April fools joke)

Also: Get yourself Chummer5, the link is in the OP, it will make CharGen SIGNIFICANTLY faster. The developer posts here as Yekka. If you have questions about rules or fluff post them here, if you have questions about a character print it to PDF and post it here
>>
Does anyone have portraits for physical characters?
E.g. street samurais, adepts, mercenaries ...
Gender doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1430162409437.jpg (117KB, 794x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1430162409437.jpg
117KB, 794x1040px
>>52964341
Anon thats a really broad request.
Is it just a excuse to keep the thread alive?
>>
>>52964408
Well, that might be one reason.

But I'm having some serious trouble in finding art that looks like classic shadowrun.
>>
>>52960565
I'd say Con, Palming, Pistols, maybe blades or unarmed, negotiation, ettiquite, impersonate, think bargain bin James Bond
>>
File: 1280635770956.jpg (251KB, 800x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1280635770956.jpg
251KB, 800x1014px
>>52964474
Don't know that I can match classic, Wasnt around and dont know it that well. But I can give some people who might stab a drekhead or two.
>>
File: 1288758333125.jpg (686KB, 676x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1288758333125.jpg
686KB, 676x1271px
>>52964509
Coincidentally most of them have some pretty thick armor. Probably because they are saner than most PCs
>>
File: 1282270333105.jpg (48KB, 579x779px) Image search: [Google]
1282270333105.jpg
48KB, 579x779px
>>52964528
>>
>>52963928
Look in the OP. All books are free. Do not give CGL money, they have proven staggeringly incompetent in pretty much every category. It is legitimately beneficial to the system as a whole if CGL goes under and loses the license.
>>
File: 3859108-l.jpg (161KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3859108-l.jpg
161KB, 1024x1280px
>>52964509
Classic shadowrun is more 80s action dudes in band shirts with oversized hand cannons than slick combat armor and tacticool assault rifles.
>>
>>52958298
They have to start with Google.
The only thing they have to do is search "shadowrun hong kong download", and then they'll probably find a link somewhere along the way after a bit of struggling with pop-ups.
Then they'll do it enough to learn that you get better results by specifying "torrent" instead of "download", they'll learn to tell the good sites from the bad and so on.
The only thing that happens if someone tells them is that they'll start expecting other people to take responsibility for their own lack of competence, and with that the fanbase loses engagement, initiative, competence and curiosity.
When even the older players in a community know nothing but how to beg someone else for a link, at some point it's going to end up mostly composed of people who could as well be complete newbies - and that in turn puts the few people who actually know the right resources, rules, sites and methods in a position where everybody sucks up to them for advice and "truth". In time, these people then start fighting among themselves, bullying newbies, providing misinformation to make the community see things "their" way and otherwise making it hell - and at some point, you reach the level where everyone is so ignorant that the people who "know" have nothing to gain from proper research or work, because no one can tell garbage from quality or the truth from lies anymore.
That's the death of a community, and it happens all the fucking time as long as the hurdle is just a bit high (Japan-oriented communities get it all the time, as people claim to respect the culture but don't even want to put in the effort to be able to understand it).
There is no way that spoonfeeding can be made into a good thing in the end. You might feel fuzzy inside when you "help" a newbie, but you're only shooting yourself and them in the foot by handicapping their learning process.
They need to take the step to learn at some point, and the more you pamper them, the less they'll want to.
>>
>>52964341
>>
>>52964609
>>
File: 1333429885554.jpg (167KB, 800x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1333429885554.jpg
167KB, 800x1160px
>>52964600
Not really the kind of thing I have that much of
>>
>>52964619
>>
File: 1335993948958.jpg (226KB, 800x925px) Image search: [Google]
1335993948958.jpg
226KB, 800x925px
>>52964625
But kungfu masters count right?
>>
>>52964628
>>
It is just me or limits dont really work as a mechanic?

Considering even most autistic mindmax characters have 3 or 4 in their limits and that the maximum threshold for a roll is 4 seems that only comes up on contested rolls or combat (which them just uses weapon accuracy)
>>
File: polowa-10-kopia.jpg (107KB, 827x584px) Image search: [Google]
polowa-10-kopia.jpg
107KB, 827x584px
>>
>>52964659
The maximum threshold is not a 4, contested rolls are REALLY common and combat is REALLY common, but yes. Limits are basically a pointless mechanic that CGL added for functionally zero reason other than to make Reddit happy, despite limits being functionally irrelevant in every situation. If you've got a very high dicepool, then you've either got a high limit, or you're using something to violate that limit.
>>
File: 1355535571192.jpg (296KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1355535571192.jpg
296KB, 800x1000px
>>52964642
>>
File: james-harvey_12.jpg (134KB, 500x939px) Image search: [Google]
james-harvey_12.jpg
134KB, 500x939px
>>52964341
>>
>>52964691

Oh you are right i confuse it with the threshold for chasing.
>>
>>52964659
They work fine except for weapons. Firearms are stupidly easy to boost the limit of, whereas for melee weapons the limit can actually be an issue.
>>
>>52964828
>Using Melee
>As a non-Adept
>>
File: Black Man Suit Dreadlocks.jpg (36KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Black Man Suit Dreadlocks.jpg
36KB, 600x450px
>>52963836
Possibly you mean dreadlocks?
>>
>>52965027
funny i used this pic because i couldnt find something better than that, i am not really sure on the difference between rastas and dreadlocks but it looks like i mean dreads
>>
>>52964600
Classic Shadowrun, huh?
>>
>>
File: 0f2ea697cf23d21a9d30912b51fa14ea.jpg (148KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0f2ea697cf23d21a9d30912b51fa14ea.jpg
148KB, 1131x1600px
>>52965402
>>
File: Neo_Anarchist_Spikes.jpg (107KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
Neo_Anarchist_Spikes.jpg
107KB, 600x836px
>>52965425
>>
>>52965443
>>
File: Average_Shadowrun_Face.jpg (40KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Average_Shadowrun_Face.jpg
40KB, 500x374px
>>52965463
The most classic
>>
>>52962447
>All your active skills also count as knowledge skills
Oh fuck, for real? I'm the party mage, and I wasted 12 knowledge points on Magical Theory and Spirits.
>>
>>52965620
You didn't waste points, though? Conjuring covers summoning them, not knowing about them. And Magical Theory would MAYBE be covered by Arcana?
>>
File: 410_max.jpg (115KB, 846x800px) Image search: [Google]
410_max.jpg
115KB, 846x800px
>>
>>52965620
Conjuring would count for Spirit knowledge, but not for magical theory. Arcana is a better substitute for magical theory.
You should use knowledge skills for things your runner wouldn't know from their profession, so to speak. Like hobbies, languages, quirks.
>>
File: 1299169093865[1].jpg (96KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1299169093865[1].jpg
96KB, 600x600px
How well can Shadowrun adapt to different times ? I'm considering a Wild West campaign, kind of inspired with Dead Lands, with magic and everything else coming back earlier than the main setting.

City folks from the east coast welcomed elves and dwarfs but kicked goblinoids out of the cities but the more west you go the more their hardiness is appreciated. Magic is mostly the domain of native shamans with some priests performing "miracles", adepts are mostly Chinese people that came to work on the rail road and so on.
>>
>>52965894
Could be interesting, but with the lack of cyberware, the matrix and drones, magic users have a huge leg up on mundanes. Even more than now.
>>
File: 1281577733916.jpg (288KB, 700x991px) Image search: [Google]
1281577733916.jpg
288KB, 700x991px
>>
>>52959422
>technomancer
http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every time, until you like it
>>
>>52965894
I strongly suggest if you do a wildwest campaign you just include all the ware and drones and shit anyway.
Make it westworld not wildwest
>>
File: 1307083705596.jpg (223KB, 900x1391px) Image search: [Google]
1307083705596.jpg
223KB, 900x1391px
>>
File: 1281754384666.jpg (178KB, 1000x812px) Image search: [Google]
1281754384666.jpg
178KB, 1000x812px
How crazy do you have to be to want to kill a dragon?
>>
>>52966000
>scissors
>hammer
>screwdriver
>>
File: 1288758392850.jpg (71KB, 721x900px) Image search: [Google]
1288758392850.jpg
71KB, 721x900px
>>
>>52966000
Depends on how you go about doing it.
>>
File: 1307089217168.jpg (248KB, 900x695px) Image search: [Google]
1307089217168.jpg
248KB, 900x695px
>>52966046
Wanting to and trying to are vastly different I suppose.
>>
>>52965945
>>52965990
I'm actually considering some steampunk-inspired, part tech part magic mechanial limbs. As for drones I'm not sure yet.
>>
File: 1279534276516.jpg (281KB, 488x650px) Image search: [Google]
1279534276516.jpg
281KB, 488x650px
>>52966169
Make sure you prepare suitable music to set the mood.
I suggest
https://youtu.be/MsObv4b-qYg
>>
File: 1286694763610.jpg (92KB, 804x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1286694763610.jpg
92KB, 804x1000px
>>52966224
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kn2rtuc4o
Also good watchins
>>
File: 1278901093168.jpg (89KB, 561x504px) Image search: [Google]
1278901093168.jpg
89KB, 561x504px
>>52966232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkDrIacHJM
The original I meant to link but that works too.
>>
File: 1288161929320.jpg (353KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
1288161929320.jpg
353KB, 600x764px
>>52966250
>>
>>52966169
drones could be some kind of spirit bound to a clockwork heart/seal/brain/doodad thing that enables the drone's autonomous functions.
>>
>>52961990
Guy Fieri slathers BBQ sauce on a bullet. He loads it, and puts the gun in his mouth. “One last trip,” he whispers, “to Flavortown.”
>>
>>52964528
>"hmm I refuse to draw boob plate, but how else will people know it's a sexy chick in the armor?"
>"I got it! I won't cover the mouth so people can see the lush, dick sucking lips!"
>"Couldn't it just be a transvestite, though?" "SHUT UP CARL!"
>>
>>52960244

First find yourself a game in which the player dont make autistic character with 22+ combat dicepool in 1 relevant skill and nothing else. And the Dm wont compensate for those types.

Then get the quality that gives you +1d6 in initiative to compensate for your lack of reflexes. I made a bug spirit hunter who had that, lots of arcana and use the summon spirit ritual that non magical pc can use. He was basically a skill monkey support pc.

Never hit you face on, instead going sideways with cover-fire or a plethora of useful knowledge's.
>>
Are there any houserules that make Technomancers viable that anyone uses?
>>
>>52968476
see
>>52965966
>>
>>52968476
See
>>52965966
>>
>>52963266
Who wants to know, chummer?
>>
>>52968476
Give them Skinlink for free, the ability to be part of PANS/WANS, and the ability to run programs like a deck. I know they can get programs as an echo, but it's a fucking echo.
>>
Any sourcebooks or things about the Yakuza, and if so what edition?
>>
>>52968619
Vice (4e)
>>
is "street scum" rule good if i want that my boys start at the bottom?
>>
>>52968789
Typical chargen is already starting at the bottom if we're being serious.
>>
>>52968789
You can do that or you can encourage them to spend a certain percentage of their points/ressources on flavour skills and gear.

>>52968857
Nonsense.

My SR4 group started with 300 BP instead of 400 and that felt about right.

With regular chargen I can build a character that barely needs anything else.
>>
>>52969013
>My SR4 group started with 300 BP instead of 400 and that felt about right.
SR5 has a lower power level than SR4
So your 300 BP game is about normal Chargen in 5e
>>
Get me pictures
Pictures of what your shadowrunner eats in the average day!
>>
File: 31855s.jpg (1KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
31855s.jpg
1KB, 125x93px
>>52970366
>>
File: 97tzn420miuy.jpg (212KB, 1920x2060px) Image search: [Google]
97tzn420miuy.jpg
212KB, 1920x2060px
>>52956906
I need pictures of Shadowrun cities. Could anyone help me?
>>
File: 975px-Berlin_Panorama_SR5.jpg (66KB, 975x308px) Image search: [Google]
975px-Berlin_Panorama_SR5.jpg
66KB, 975x308px
>>52970701
>>
>>52966147
I have been looking for this fucking picture for years. thank you.
>>
Did someone cast a Powerball in here, or why is it so dead here?
>>
>>52971863
sry got hit by an apds panther xxl round
>>
Help me /srg/, what cyberdeck module should I put in my RCC? I was considering using the Vectored Signal Filter for some extra noise reduction, but I already have three antennae in my ears so I already have 3 in NR. I was considering Program carrier, but I'm not sure what I would run on it, as I would have to decide that beforehand.

Also, I decided to give myself a Sleaze rating to give myself some extra stealth when having my drones run silent, but is it worth modifying more to add or move more points to it?
>>
>>52972111
Hardwire a Smoke and Mirrors into your RCC. With your Antenna and a Datajack, you can boost your RCC to 5 Sleaze without noise penalties from Smoke and Mirrors
>>
>>52972173
I was just reading through the DT programs. How did I miss that?
>>
File: ___sf_wyv_19____by_wyv1_d799g7n.jpg (118KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
___sf_wyv_19____by_wyv1_d799g7n.jpg
118KB, 1024x1463px
>>52972343
Null sweat. Enjoy a semblance of matrix stealth
>>
>>52972111
Do RCCs come with cyberdeck module slots out of the box? If not you've already used up your one mod option by adding a Sleaze rating.
>>
>>52972359
Well, I just like some extra security. I've already bought 1000 stealth tags to overload anyone doing matrix perception...
>>
>>52972425
Derp, I know I read that line, but for some reason when I went back to it I didn't see it. Oh well, mod is more important than one stealth anyway.
>>
>>52972592
Think you're in the wrong thread, chummer
>>
File: New_Construction_long.jpg (406KB, 574x1600px) Image search: [Google]
New_Construction_long.jpg
406KB, 574x1600px
>>52970701
>>
File: 1485453551971.jpg (218KB, 1173x681px) Image search: [Google]
1485453551971.jpg
218KB, 1173x681px
>>52973220
>>
File: 1369792351290.jpg (301KB, 856x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1369792351290.jpg
301KB, 856x1216px
>>52973354
>>
File: image_0.jpg (110KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
110KB, 1280x852px
>>52973378
>>
>>52973406
>>
File: MegaCities.jpg (94KB, 739x422px) Image search: [Google]
MegaCities.jpg
94KB, 739x422px
>>52973434
>>
File: 1472831599185.jpg (552KB, 1834x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1472831599185.jpg
552KB, 1834x1440px
>>52973452
>>
9 months of D&D and I went from lvl 1 to lvl 15. Last session ending with us standing against a Night Hag using herself as sacrifice to try and bring the end of the world and the universe.
5 months of Shadowrun and character advancement is a few knowledge and low rating skills improved and getting a single boat. Last session end with us teaching our hookers and mouthbreathers languages.
This is hell. The frustration of lack of progression is killing me
>>
>>52974069
How much karma/cash per run are you getting? And why do you need a boat?
>>
>>52967281
More like puts the gun in your mouth.
>>
>>52974069
Pretty much Shadowrun for you; you're a professional but you're still a man, not a god.

If the rest of the group feels the same you could talk about increasing karma and nuyen rewards. You'd have to increase it a fuckton to get to D&D levels though.
>>
>>52974069
Chummer, Shadowrunning is a job like any other. You're eating real food and can drink all the booze you want and you get to shoot people instead of crunch numbers. You've got it pretty damn well!
Like the other anon said, Consider asking for an increase in rewards, talk to your GM, use your words. Dont be an antisocial loser.
>>
>>52974069
Base rewards in the CRB are laughable.
If your GM won't bend them somewhere reasonable then try to negotiate payment in goods and services.
>>
>>52974069
>Johnny wants to be hardcore but his GM won't let him.
>>
File: Red Knight.png (10KB, 381x351px) Image search: [Google]
Red Knight.png
10KB, 381x351px
>>52964602
Internet isn't that serious, man. If somebody asks a question and they aren't acting like a dick, I'm gonna give them an answer if its within my power. Costed me nothing.
>>
>>52974069
Advice above is good, but remember that Shadowrun isn't really meant for the same sort of power level and scale as high level D&D.
>>
>>52968857
>Typical chargen is already starting at the bottom if we're being serious.

Bullshit. With chargen you start as fairly established professionals. I dont see how "rock bottom" is magic 6 and spell casting 6.
>>
>>52977535
Depends on which system bruh
>>
>>52977556
>Depends on which system bruh

5th you can start with that.
4th you also can start with that just that 6 in a skill is the top.
>>
>>52974069

Yeah in Shadowrun meaningful character advancement is a lie only available to the kind of autistics that play the same campaign for 5+ years.
>>
>>52972442
Keep in mind, once a handful of those get found, red flags are going off. It doesn't matter if they can find your actual persona or whatever - one stealth tag is enough to trace your physical location.

Also, a decent decker/spider in hotsim will be getting 3-4 hits on Matrix Perception every second. More if they have a couple agents scanning you. You'll be naked inside of five minutes, and won't gain the cover from the tags again until you reboot them all.
>>
What do you guys think of the movie Dredd? It's got corrupt cops, hyper-lethal law enforcement, dumbass druggie gangers and a lot of other Shadowrun tropes. The city overview at the beginning is pretty much how I envision the Barrens.
>>
>>52977852
Well, you at least have a few moments before that happens. They've got to get two hits before the Trace can happen.

And unslaved stealth tags aren't the best things defensively, but they're at least close enough that there's a risk of failure both ways.

But then again, you could also just carry around a few of the tags, slave 'em to a high rating device that you're not using, and stonewall like that.
>>
File: Rey2.jpg (115KB, 744x958px) Image search: [Google]
Rey2.jpg
115KB, 744x958px
Hey chummers, I'm new so I'm not caught up on all ther eratta, was hoping if someone could tell me or direct me to a variation on a standard weapon.

Telescoping baton, with one of two hitches:
1) two which can connect together to make a respectable size "staff" (for lack of a better term.
2) One which extents twice for the same effect.

Ideal situation is something like Rey's staff at the end.
>>
>>52977948
extendable staff is a legit thing. believe it might be found in either run and gun or the main rulebook. been a while since I've seen the entry though.
>>
File: Shadstats.png (190KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Shadstats.png
190KB, 1600x900px
>>52977948
>>52978028
Telescoping staff. CRB 422.
>>
File: 1491766792922.gif (607KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1491766792922.gif
607KB, 300x169px
>>52972442
One of our characters built a "Fuck everyone with AR" gun.
It's a modified netgun that is loaded with hundreds of RFID tags, filled with the nastiest spam messages they could find.

The gun is shielded with a faraday cage that's only broken once the gun is fired and spreads "INCREASE YOUR PENIS SIZE IN ONLY ONE WEEK!" in a 10 meter radius.

MacGyver players are both the best and worst...
>>
>>52978070
What's this graph, anon?
>>
>>52978099
I'm not that person, but it looks like a graph showing the chances of hitting, die pool vs die pool.

>>52978092
That'd make me so glad for basic filtering protocols. And assuming a higher end device, advanced filtering protocols.
>>
Is this table as useless as I think it is? Does an average person (3 LOG) with 1 rank in Hacking and a R2 stealth dongle have a 50% chance of marking a gun?

>>52977925
>carry around a few of the tags, slave 'em to a high rating device

Device on slave equals device on master. Also, the master has to be wireless enabled, and it's going to be easier to find, since devices without a sleaze rating are found with a single hit on Matrix Perception.
>>
>>52978099
>>52978129
Bingo. Interesting thing is the midline (50/50 hit/miss) isn't along the main diagonal, it's slightly canted. Once I get done rerunning the program, I'll tell you what that means.
>>
>>52978179
Not quite even, because of the limit being exactly the needed number, but close.

And for the tags, just leave that other commlink somewhere else entirely. But I was mostly saying to slave the tags because that gives a few extra dice against the Brute Force/Hack on the Fly needed to get the Trace started.

Also, it's mostly by technicality, but it could also be done to get extra dice against the Perception and the Trace actions too if you don't have Better than DR in the relevant mental stats.
>>
>>52978179
>Does an average person (3 LOG) with 1 rank in Hacking and a R2 stealth dongle have a 50% chance of marking a gun?
Yes. They suck as standalone wireless devices. Get a fucking commlink.
>>
>>52978307
>>52978179
The first guy reminded me. That person likely has a whole lot worse chances unless they managed a direct connection.

If it's just a random person's gun, then it's probable that the hacker and target are on different grids, so that's -2 dice right there. And in the worse case, theyr'e trying to hack something on a different grid from the public grid, so that's a total of -4.

All of these before noise from distance or the like, and at that skill level either difficult or just shy of impossible to get rid of.
>>
>>52978092
>MacGyver players

See, there's SO MUCH that you can pull if you're a moderately competent person.

Program your stealth tags to run non-wireless 99% of the time, but turn on to transmit location data once every 60 seconds.
Do the same for sensor tags. Run offline 23hrs, transmit for a minute, repeat.
Instead of security microphones in your headquarters, laser mics down the block, pointed at the windows.
Accelerometers in guards' security tags. If the guard falls, the alarm goes.
Drones running offline, getting voice orders via microtransceiver.
Microtrans bomb triggers.

Why doesn't my group ever do this?

>>52978381
Huh. I hadn't considered noise. Doesn't noise + public grid essentially make all DR < 3 devices useless in Seattle?
>>
>>52978541
Not really. The public grid penalty is not noise. You also need a situation that causes noise beyond DR for Wireless Bonuses to shut off.

And lots of things have plenty of non-Wireless Bonus stuff that you can do even in that case. Like, take your commlink.

The AR browser may or may not work depending on how the GM interprets things, but you still have a tag-scanner, multiple modes of telephone and radio, text to speech, and speech to text.

So other than browsing in AR (again, see what I said before), the only real loss a DR 1 commlink has is that you can't send a message to somebody if that thing has been damaged or hacked such that you can't use the telephone or radio functions.
>>
>>52977603
>character surviving for 5 years

Lies
>>
>>52978720
>forcing new characters to start from scratch alongside others that are up to their umpteenth run
>>
File: matrix_per.png (386KB, 538x731px) Image search: [Google]
matrix_per.png
386KB, 538x731px
>>52978594
>The AR browser may or may not work depending on how the GM interprets things
This is interesting, since RAW you wouldn't be able to take any Matrix actions, including Matrix Perception. So even if you'd be able to see AR, you wouldn't be able to do anything in pic related. Really, only the first item is something the average person would be using in day-to-day life, but if a commercial zone is Noise 4-5, you need a DR 5-6 commlink to find a store there in AR.
>>
>>52978985
To piggyback, what's the "average" commlink in Seattle?
>>
>>52978985
I suppose it would depend on how the GM interprets automatic things in that circumstance.

Because if its antenna is in 100 meters of your antenna physically, and not running silent, you can automatically spot the icon wherever it happens to be in Matrix space.

And most stores wouldn't be running silent.

And to add a second exception, if it's in a host, you'll always see the host if it's not running silent. And once you're in the host you can then basically ignore noise and grid stuff.
>>
>>52979012
Standard would probably be 2. But since I already got into strange rules stuff in my previous post, I may as well continue here.

It's very arguable due to bad wording between sections but you can claim that your Noise Reduction should reduce Noise for the purposes of disconnection because in many situations the only noise of note will be the spam or static. And in that case, you do see the worth of a datajack, because it and the reciever dongle gives the average commlink or other commercial weapon/gear enough Noise Reduction to stay connected all but the worst cases.

And for a little more, you basically need active jamming, a Farday cage, or a vengeful Technomancer to get knocked off.

And if you spend enough to hit 7, then it's basically Vengeful Technomancer Jamming or Lucky High-Attack Decker Jamming and Faraday cages that can knock you off.
>>
File: tumblr_mmmmqgZ4Ll1spd0keo1_1280.jpg (339KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmmmqgZ4Ll1spd0keo1_1280.jpg
339KB, 724x1024px
cannibalism is the best
>>
>>
>>52977852
The thing is, the same can be said for running pretty much everything silent, a competent spider will have no problem IDing and tracing pretty much anything.

The idea is also not to put the box of tags in the back of my truck, but deliver it over the AO. I'm still working on the delivery system, but it could be dropping bags of 10 in trash cans or maybe send a flying drone overhead to have it rain down over the compound.
>>
>>52965757
Ahh well, he was my first character, so I'm not surprised I messed up like that. Guess I'll know better next time.
>>
>>52979630
Get the group mage to control a rat or three and tag the rats with stealth tags.

Also, if you can figure it out, keep the tags on the other side of the host/outside Matrix equation as the best hacker is usually going to be.

That way you're likely to only have the B-team looking for 'em.
>>
>>52979701
Sadly the group mage decided to become the group adept instead, so it is up to my rigging self to handle the delivery.
>>
>>52979754
In that case, I'd say get a mini or micro-drone and throwback it manually. Give it some basic programs, let the pilot switch things around as needed, and just give it instructions to run around in the target area for a while before going back to a designated recovery area.

Not the cheapest, but it also works.
>>
>>52979822
Eh, I already have a bunch of micro and mini drones for recon, so it's all part of the expenses.
>>
>>52979955
Yeah, but one made specifically to fuck with places that go into red alert after finding an unexpected stealth tag (and not, you know send a much lower level alert out just in case it's some asshole kid pulling a prank with a rat), then you want a few specific things. What I said was the minimum.

You'd probably want to hardwire in Wrapper, so that the thing looks like a commlink constantly, and gets more investigations when found. Makes it seem more like a real intrusion, for one. And being a throwback means that the thing can't be hacked, so somebody has to be sent physically to see what's up.
>>
>>52979985
As a throwback, wouldn't it never show up on the matrix, rendering Wrapper unnecessary?
>>
>>52980109
In the case of a drone, especially because really old ones used RC (essentially) to be controlled at a distance, might be a thing that can still be seen.

Just because it's only a throwback, which may not mean no icon (see how there's no note of a datachip lacking an icon).
>>
>>52980150
Sticking an actual commlink running silent on it is a decent idea if the drone doesn't show up at all. It'll look like someone trying to sneak around.
>>
>>52980176
Depending on what you did with the stealth tag, that could be what you decide to do with it.

Especially since 0/3/3/3 is quite achievable for a commlink.
>>
>>52980191

Making a stealth tag run a wrapper to look like a commlink seems like generally too much work and not worth it, as we're talking some 1000+ nuyen to make it so.

I'm pretty fine with having my 1 nuyen stealth tag be a potential commlink until it is actually ID'd.

I think the best would be to use a combination of a couple of cheap burner commlinks on the move to spur investigation as well as a few hundred stealth tags as chaff.

Hell, if the AO is big enough you could use the chaff itself as a distraction, making it look like you're trying to hide an intrusion in one sector while moving in offline in another.
>>
>>52980638
>some 1000+ nuyen to make it so
900¥.
>>
>>52980799
And 500¥ for the two electronic parts that you need to make the modification to add the module.
>>
>>52980799
>>52980638
Or less. Edge a few scavenging rolls and it's almost completely free. Given that you're probably scavenging from cheap commlinks, the real cost is pretty darn low unless you luck into that conspicuous consumption commlink from Sixth World Tarot, if I remember the publication's name right.
>>
>>52980823
Right, forgot about the ability to scavenge electronic parts, but that should only cover the hardwiring cost, not the cost for the actual program carrier module.
>>
>>52980875
That is right. I just tend to buy multiples of certain modules often enough that I tend to just assume that I've already paid for one or two of Program Carrier.
>>
One day, I want to have a character that actually makes meaningful use of the Deicide program.

(If you don't know what that program is, it's a program mentioned on page 156 of Data Trails and nowhere else, as far as I can see. It lets you damage AIs' Core Damage Track even if they're on a device. I think it's the most niche program, and that's counting Cloudless whose real point is making it easier to steal stuff and it has the almost non-limitation of needing to put stuff on solid storage.)
>>
File: cyborg legs.jpg (284KB, 904x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg legs.jpg
284KB, 904x1600px
cyborg legs son
>>
>>52981818
Legs for days.
>>
File: 1486239514603.jpg (632KB, 1200x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1486239514603.jpg
632KB, 1200x1010px
>>52981818
Hell yeah, motherfucker.
Go skimmers or go home.
>>
File: 1414908560438.png (280KB, 950x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1414908560438.png
280KB, 950x1400px
>>52981854
how the fuck can she move her legs
>>
File: 18j1or2715g7ejpg.jpg (52KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18j1or2715g7ejpg.jpg
52KB, 800x450px
>>52981869
I forgot to ask is there a limit for how much cyberware you can have in Shadowrun.
>>
>>52981966
Cyberware costs essence and you only have 6 to work with, upgraded ware costs less essence
>>
>>52981966
basically
>>52981978
with the added point that removing ware gives you an essence hole that is filled first
so when you get a 1 ESS cyberware and later replace it with a 1.2 ESS cyberware you only lose an additional 0.2 ESS
>>
File: gangvan.png (21KB, 1035x414px) Image search: [Google]
gangvan.png
21KB, 1035x414px
Rate my ride, /srg/
>>
>>52982048
what items you carry on board?
>>
File: Gorillion Dollars.jpg (40KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gorillion Dollars.jpg
40KB, 498x500px
>>52970685
>eating actual meat
>>
File: Sydney.png (3MB, 1361x1852px) Image search: [Google]
Sydney.png
3MB, 1361x1852px
>>52970701
>>
File: Dredd Gun.webm (3MB, 720x296px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd Gun.webm
3MB, 720x296px
>>52977908
It's good for general hyperurban dystopia, but it lacks the cyber part (no cyberlimbs, no Matrix, no AR involved in daily life, etc.)
>>
File: Legs and Gun.png (619KB, 1168x908px) Image search: [Google]
Legs and Gun.png
619KB, 1168x908px
>>52981966
I have never seen a single cyberleg in SR. It seems like anyone who has one has two, and anyone who has two has skimmers/jacks.
>>
>>52982758
Me, my RCC and flying eyes. Three rotodrones, tool kits for air, land and hardware, a walking gun collection, a crazy cyberdoc, a decker, a club girl and a viking ganger adept. Various bits and bobs for jury-rigging and 1000 stealth tags.
>>
>>52983096
1. Cyberlegs don't factor into your movement except for Skates, Skimmers, Digidrade Legs, and Jacks (somewhat).
2. Legs are just factored into far fewer tests than Arms are, so the "leg of god" just isn't as useful.

On Samurai I'll take a pair of Lower Legs with Armor 3, Skimmers, and Jacks 5. However, full legs only really useful for 4 Limb characters and very specific builds.
>>
File: Rainy Cat.gif (1MB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
Rainy Cat.gif
1MB, 500x558px
Acid rain is keeping everyone away...
>>
What does your shadowrunner eat? Soyshit or does he spring for the real stuff?
>>
>>52978092
It's worth noting that you can be a real asshole too, and use a Shocknet, and Add a Module from Data Trails, to add in shit like jammers or turn the net into a frag grenade.
>>
Watched Deathwish 3 and I was wondering how well are the average wageslave protected against Gangers and the policy of Corps and their employees when it comes to self defense scenarios from a rating of 1 to 10. 1 being bend over and give your credstick to the mugger clearly looking to rape and kill you and 10 being they are hobos, shoot them and nobody cares.
>>
File: Devil Jack Diamond.png (465KB, 738x535px) Image search: [Google]
Devil Jack Diamond.png
465KB, 738x535px
>>52984519
I think I mentioned this before, but my decker eats real fish purchased via an algorithm based on his score in a VR fishing game. Gamifying meals helps him remember to eat properly and take time to relax.
>>
>>52984691
I think it depends on a few factors
>What corp?
A Shiawase wageslave is going to be less armed than a ARES one is
>How important?
Important wageslaves (local managers, team leaders, etc.) will be better armed and protected than Joe Schmoe, the skilljacked factory worker
>What area?
If they work in a place that often has to deal with attacks/dangerous individuals (Factories in the worse part of towns) there will be more guards and the wageslaves will most likely be better armed than if they work in an AA/AAA district. Also it depends on what country.

I'd say that it goes from 1 (with them calling the guards) to 4 (most likely armed with a Holdout or a taser) to 8 (if you are in the BAD part of town), but unless it's an actual hellhole you will not go over that
>>
Would a blind character with astral perception be able to function alright? Like could they drive or read books? I kind of want to make a blind adept Nathan Drake.
>>
File: tumblr_mk8fguMntr1rfiet9o7_1280.jpg (247KB, 1280x864px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk8fguMntr1rfiet9o7_1280.jpg
247KB, 1280x864px
>>52983096
Cyberlegs with guns in them. why is this not a thing
>>
>>52984980
Ehh, remember that mundane objects cast muddied shadows in the astral, while auras and magical objects are bright.
Reading books would be hard, given that the letters should be hard to distinguish from the rest of the page. Displays and other electronical means of showing information should also be out (you'd only see a grey display, without any information on it)
Driving would be totally out, given that the transparent glass windows would be opaque in the astral
>>
File: Astral Perception.jpg (78KB, 780x584px) Image search: [Google]
Astral Perception.jpg
78KB, 780x584px
>>52984980
They wouldn't be able to read, because written text is nigh-impossible to read in the astral (at best they could could pick up the emotional cues associated with the book or screen you're reading from). Driving is tricky but possible, you can see shapes of only mundane things (-2 penalty to the roll). Or you remember it's the future and just have GridGuide take you around.
>>
>>52985090
It can be, but mainly because it'd be a pain to aim (and deal with the recoil for big ones).
>>
>>52985090
A shotgun in the lower leg with kneecap slide is an amazing back-up weapon.
>>
>>52985237
Aiming is easy with a smartlink. And just get those heel spokes for RC
>>
>>52962324
>My char lived in the barrens their whole life

Of course you mean the only island in all of Shadowrun that pixies exist/are found at all. Also if your fellow runners are worth absolutely anything the first mission will turn into them trying to sell you too the highest bidder.

Faires aren't viable at all via their own in game description.
>>
>>52986444
Pixies aren't viable*
>>
>>52986444
What?

Are you actually retarded?

Pixies exist in both Tir's, the Black Forest Troll Kingdom of Germany, France, and in small numbers in other areas of the world. They're also able to migrate, given that nobody can really see them to stop them.

There's also two major corporations with sizable enough populations of Pixies to have allowed them to have full Corporate SINs.
>>
>>52986583
Got any sources?
>>
>>52986634
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Pixie

Literally the first result on google you actual nigger.
>>
>>52986671
>Brocéliande Forest (Brittany, France) the only nation to issue regular SINs to pixies

My mistake a forest, not an island. Everywhere else is extremely rare.
>>
>>52986671
>>52986700
Still doesn't negate the fact that the first run should ALWAYS be the runners turning the pixie fag in for a bounty that will end their life in the shadows.
>>
>>52986700
>Extremely rare
You gonna source that up? Because everywhere is rare, but rare doesn't mean non-existent. And we're talking rare in comparison to a world with like 10 billion people or more, so rare isn't necessarily all that actually rare.
>>
>>52986750
I believe the book says there's only and 3000 pixies in the world total.
>>
>>52986811
About 3000*
>>
>>52986747
Why would that be?

You do realize that people having bounties, weird shit, and being metatypes that aren't liked is actually pretty damn standard in the shadows, right?

You are, literally, criminals and the underdog type people of the world. You're people who either fucked up in life and were forced into the Shadows, or were just never allowed to actually take part in normal life. It's been that way since 1E.

Like, I don't disagree that Pixies are kinda bullshit on their mechanics, but even that's not really by any amount that's legitimately going to cause issues. And fluff-wise, they're a relatively rare and uncommon type that loses out on a lot of options that other more common characters have for hiding or blending in, and it can lead to interesting possibility for blackmail or other RP to happen.
>>
>>52986978
There's bounties on them. Company's want them to study them. Especially considering no remains can be found. Other races are overlooked for their meta and the associated bounties (besides a few that I'm drawing a blank on the names, and I don't have the time to look them up, but ones a race that only occurs in South America) because most times that bounty isn't as large as the potential a good Shadowrun crew can bring in. Pixies though, that's enough to retire from the shadows.
>>
>>52986978
>loses out on a lot of options that other more common characters have for hiding or blending in
NOPE
Blending in I give you, but hiding? Concealment is OP
>>
>>52985090
secret compartment with weapons in them are a common thing though.
And arguably more useful in case you get caught/knocked out/detained/disarmed etc
>>
>>52986978
>>52987058
Furthermore, most people who are in the shadows don't make it known that they have a bounty until it's absolutely obvious they do. You can't hide a bounty that exists based on your race.
>>
>>52987058
There aren't bounties on them unless you can source it, Corps literally employ them as citizens so that's bullshit, the Elven variant that you're thinking of actually occurs in like six different places too.
>>
File: the lone gunmen.jpg (72KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
the lone gunmen.jpg
72KB, 960x540px
Is a party consisting of a rigger, a face and a decker viable?
What kind of runs would they do without muscle?
>>
>>52987205
>Try being a centaur in the CAS.
Try being a naga in the UCAS. You can legally buy naga
skin products in several countries in North America. Try
buying an ork skin suitcase lately? The UN accord would
have meant that it would be illegal to pay bounties on
the listed non-meta species. No more “shoot-on-sight”
commands. No more having to ride in the cargo hold
of a plane. No more being required to be “restrained”
while in public. Six-foot leash my ass.
It passed, then one (or more) of the members of
the Security Council vetoed it. It pisses me off. Not for
me, not so much. The PCC, heck, all the NAN, are great
places to live if you’re a non-meta. But for the others.
The kids who were like me. Taken from their families
by poachers, sold on the open market; it isn’t even con-
sidered against international law. Selling elf children is
against international law. Why not centaur children?
Because we have four hooves and a tail? Bullshit.

There's a direct quote from running wild on bounties for Metas. Now logic quid follow that something even more rare would be worth even more money.
>>
>>52987274

Carefully planned ones.
>>
>>52987316
>It passed

Nice reading comprehension buddy.
>>
>>52987351
>It passed, then one or more members of the security council vetoed it.

Veto means to deny.
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>52987274
Seriously, a Decker can hold their own with a Hand of God, and a rigger with a blimp and sniper rifle can do decently as a plan B, but don't expect them to survive long if they make a habit of resorting to force.
>>52987351
>It passed
>then one (or more) of the members of
the Security Council vetoed it

Tu comprende veto hombre? Means it passed, but was shot down. Don't throw glass at people in stone houses chummer.
>>
>>52987274
Con jobs. Or have the rigger be the muscle.
>>
>>52987341
Yeah i figure it would be more about social engineering, but I think it might be a lot harder to lay out a run for these guys than the usual 'don't trip the alarm or you'll have to shoot corpsecurity' kind of stuff.
>>
>>52987351
>2017
>Being this retarded
>>
File: 1490475003733.jpg (15KB, 334x248px) Image search: [Google]
1490475003733.jpg
15KB, 334x248px
>>52987351
Can't tell if stupid or cherry-picking quotes to support objectively incorrect position.
>>
>>52986978
This. Retards playing ultra-trenchcoat who would sell out their mother to a corp for a wooden nickel, having completely forgotten the punk. You might even still work for corps on occasion without immediately turning on your comrades in the hope of a pat on the head. This is the guy who, three sessions in, doses the entire team with narcojet and sells them to Lone Star so he can make rent.
>>
>>52987482
>Not seeing the difference between making millions off a pixie, and turning in your crew for a measly reward.
>>
>>52987274
A Boot Rigger can sub role into Muscle pretty easily. Drone Rigging doesn't take a lot of Skill or Attribute Investment if you don't plan on Jumping In, so its just a matter of weighing how much Samurai versus Rigger you want to be.

The Decker can grab a Hand of God and his initiative booster of choice.

The Face can shout at people and tell them mean things while hiding behind a drone, I guess.
>>
>>52987435
They work a lot of public jobs, either on non-mega turf or locations where SWAT teams 30 seconds away are infeasible. They're already geared to blend in - only a couple restricted pieces required by the whole team, and nobody glowing with magic or packed with more chrome than a Mack Truck
>>
>>52987517
Face can use a Hand of God too, or be an elf and go hybrid face/sam.
>>
>>52987516
We already know you're a whore, don't try to defend your price as a virtue
>>
>>52987552
Yeah I know, Omae, just making a joke since the Face can do the same thing as the Decker.
>>
>>52987572
Are you retarded? Or does the game's own narrative of how runners should act frustrate you because you can't be a snowflake?
>>
>>52987572
You want to play Candyland go right ahead, but most of us are interested in a little more internal consistency than that. It's foolish to assume no one would act on a 6-figure bounty.
>>
>>52987482
You know my team have bounties right now. 65k total myself included. We won't turn on each other since we are running together for few months and have build trust between each other.
But if you tell me that some kid, raised in the shiftiest part of the barrens, won't sell someone he have just met, that is worth few millions, then I'm calling bullshit.
>>
>>52987552
>Face who isn't combat inept

Come on guys are you even trying to have fun?
>>
>>52986747
>Still doesn't negate the fact that the first run should ALWAYS be the runners turning the pixie fag in for a bounty that will end their life in the shadows.

To be fair that is mostly something done on principle than the money, i have yet to meet a player who doesn't play a pixie as annoying insufferable dipshit.
>>
File: prototype-laser-carbine.jpg (622KB, 1920x1083px) Image search: [Google]
prototype-laser-carbine.jpg
622KB, 1920x1083px
My players have stormed an underground lab in the Barrens and I'm looking for interesting items they can loot along the way.
So far I have a nanohive, betaware cyberarm, and a handful of weapons prototypes.
>>
>>52988561
Well yeah, obviously. Haha That part pretty much goes without stating. That's why I have zero issues ethics with enforcing that reality whenever I find myself playing with a pixie.
>>
>>52988794
Don't know why my phone jammed ethics in there. Lol disregard that.
>>
>>52987517
>>52987413
>>52987552
What's this Hand of God you guys keep mentioning?

It's confusing when there's already a rule with that name, where you burn a point of edge to circumvent death.
>>
>>52988858
It's when you take one cyber arm and jack the stats on it so you can shoot with a 9 agility while only having a 2 agility in the actual agility attribute slot.

I personally usually use a certain strength and body threshold in my games to actually have one. But that's a Homebrew rule.
>>
>>52988858
>Hand of God (noun) - A fully tricked out cyberarm, used to allow non-Combatants to do something in fights

Basically
>Get yourself a cyberarm, preferably on your main side
>Customize the AGI to your metatype's natural limit (6 for humans)
>Enhance it to (natural limit+3)
>get yourself a one-handed weapon
>????????
>Profit

Since tests use the relevant limbs you can now shoot with an effective AGI of 9 in case of humans, slightly different for other metatypes.
>>
>>52974480

As someone about to GM SR5 in a few weeks I have to ask, what's a better baseline for run rewards? I can tell they're too low, but I've never played or run the game before, so I don't have a feel for how much karma or nuyen would be too much. Does it help to lower availability on expensive items to there's a moneysink?
>>
>>52988926
Do you have any issues with running into Limit?
>>
>>52989147
The limit for shooting is the accuracy of the weapon, so you can disregard your own limits
>>
>>52989147
IIRC you use the Accuracy of the weapon instead of your Phys. Limit

But there is also a kraut rule that with both arms and legs replaced you can use the cyberlimb stats to calculate the limit. Obviously your GM has to approve it
>>
>>52988924
>>52988926
That's a pretty lofty term for what's otherwise called "being a munchkin".
>>
>>52989147
>Do you have any issues with running into Limit?

When using a weapon your physical limit doesn't matter. Your weapons accuracy function as a limit.

>>52989098
Decide first how long you gonna play and how high you want them to be. Core suggestion assumes players are either never meaningfully advance or they will be player for 5+ years.

For a year long campaign i suggest 20/25 karma per run.
>>
>>52989266
That's exactly what it is. But everyone knows if you're truly being a munchkin you're gonna be magic.
>>
>>52989292
But dealing with magic muchkins is the easiest thing.
Just send them to a location with high background count.
>>
>>52989266
Just having an Arm of God won't let you be great at fighting. For that you need Initiative.
Having high damage won't help you if you go last

>>52989289
>For a year long campaign i suggest 20/25 karma per run.
For a magicrun campaign, right?
>>
>>52989330
I am a big fan of background count as well. But most people I've played with hard-line that it's Fiat. Unshockingly this is usually the mage fags that argue this.
>>
>>52989337
>For a magicrun campaign, right?

Eh i dont know much about nuyen rewards, i normally calculate the nuyen rewards and prices around the most nuyen dependent PC. So he can afford a upgrade every 4 games.
>>
>>52989405
>I am a big fan of background count as well. But most people I've played with hard-line that it's Fiat. Unshockingly this is usually the mage fags that argue this.

Is its fiat the rules in 5th are vague at best as to what surrounding does and doesn't constitute a background count.
>>
>>52989405
Yeah, that's usual
I guess it's because it's not cleanly defined what leads to which Count, but there are rough guidelines so it's not pure fiat
Also the BC rules in 5e are weaker than those in 4e

>>52989509
Do you keep the prices on cyberware and decks?
And in your games who is the most nuYen dependent: the sammy, the rigger or the decker?
>>
>>52989544
Not really, but if that's how you interpret them then so be it. I argue enough at my table about this. Lol
>>
>>52989289
>>52989337

So start with double karma and triple nuyen compared to the book, and adjust as needed?

Thanks chummers, that's a simple enough fix.
>>52989556
No deckers, I only have two players so I'm NPCing a decker or techno for them. One already wants to be a mage so I have that to look forward to, haven't heard from the other player yet what they want.
>>
>>52989330

How does Background count work with adepts anyway?

Does it just turn their powers off?
>>
>>52990020
IIRC in 4e it just reduces your MAG, in 5e it gives you a penalty on any active power, so that if the BC is too high it is better to shut it off than to get a penalty
>>
File: rotodrone.jpg (341KB, 1200x768px) Image search: [Google]
rotodrone.jpg
341KB, 1200x768px
>>52989289
>Core suggestion assumes players are either never meaningfully advance or they will be player for 5+ years.
You can run with the CRB run rewards if your players can complete a run in one session. Most groups don't do this though, spreading runs across 2-3 sessions at least. Growth over in-game time is the same but per-session it feels like ass.
>>
>>52990401
One of the issues is that the CRB only really even semi-accurately covers runs for basic to maybe intermediate runners.

Once you move out of the shitter leagues, it's a legitimate question of why the hell you're risking your life for barely even 20k per job. You are a serious professional with skills that just blatantly outstrip anyone in normal society.
>>
>>52990458
In a seriously gritty shadowrun, nobody would pay more than 20k for a job. Doesn't matter if you're a pro, there's always someone younger, dumber, and cheaper than you.
>>
>>52990508
Not for a professional job there isn't.
>>
>>52990508
>there's always someone younger, dumber, and cheaper than you
That's definitely true, but delicate jobs call for a delicate touch.
Mr. J may not be willing to risk a fuckup when it's his hoop on the line at the end of the day.
>>
>>52990508

>>52990608
Piggy backing on this, or a job he'll only get one shot at.
>>
I've got a player who fucked up big, and is now basically paralyzed from the neck down. The way they got this way also means cybernetics won't play nice with their body, so they'll need to shell out big bucks just to repair the damage to their nervous system to get cybernetics working again.

With how early it is in the campaign I feel like they're better off just retiring the character and getting a new one, especially since I don't get the feeling they enjoy playind decker much at all. I think they'd have more fun as a combat character, to be honest. However, the player has a thing about not abandoning characters, so even with me telling them they'd need heaps of nuyen to get their body functionality back, they've shown the intent of becoming some kind of decker stephen hawking and just going with that. There's only 3 of them, with the other two being a mage and rigger. The mage being a bit too trigger happy for their own good and the rigger bieng a bit of a doofus who does have pretty good ideas on the regular.

Should I try to to convince them to change characters? Just let them do their weelchair vegetable decker thing and see how it pans out? Or even adjust the difficulty of the missions for them?
>>
>>52990508
You what's need the pros Omae. Otherwise runners would always lose out to gangers for jobs.
>>
>>52989637
>Not really, but if that's how you interpret them then so be it. I argue enough at my table about this. Lol

Then how it is? Because the book in 5th makes background count origin come from either a place favoring a tradition or with heavy emotion surrounding it.

Which is fine, a Wuxing research facility or HQ would favor wuxia tradition but would an anger tainted place help a Nordic or follower of berserk totem? If hermetic mage throws an attack spell in a anger tainted place would he still get a penalty? Or would he get a bonus? And if a berserk follower of the Nordic tradition does the same then what? Doe he get double bonus? Triple bonus What emotions correlate with what traditions?

>>52989556
>And in your games who is the most nuYen dependent: the sammy, the rigger or the decker?

Depends i haven't had a rigger in ages playing at my table. Normally the most nuyen dependent is the decker but the sammies in my games are overly specialized.
>>
>>52990649
If they are attached to the character, do a homerun. Have their fixer set up a meet with a contact who could get them access to the expensive geneware or bioware they need. In exchange for something big, of course.
>>
>>52990649

Add the In Debt (XV) Quality. This gives them an additionally 75k to work with.
>>
>>52990649
Same thing as last time you asked this anon.
Give them in Debt and use it to fix them.
>>
>>52982983
Jesus is Oz really that fucked up?
>>
>>52991742
Neat, someone remembered my question. Just thought I'd drop in to maybe get some new opinions from people who weren't here a few days ago. But it seems like in Debt is the way to go.
>>
>>52991758
Mostly Sydney, and mostly due to the Mana storm parked permantly around it. Rest of Australia is probably better than baseline Shadowrun. Brisbane has a lot of expatriate Japanese Metas, from the times when Japan was much more human supremacist.
>>
>>52990020
>attend rock concert
>all of your fucking powers are crippled beyond uselessness
>>
File: FairysWearBoots.jpg (17KB, 253x504px) Image search: [Google]
FairysWearBoots.jpg
17KB, 253x504px
Reading all these asshats arguing they'd betray the pixie PC like

>Immediately trying to sell out a fellow PC to the corps in the first session
>Not sticking with them cuz drek the corps
>Not realising it marks you as an untrustworthy douche to every other shadowrunner
>Not realising the pixie is a fellow PC, who will probably be pissed you betrayed their character
>Not realising the Pixie is probably a magician for maximum OP, so they are a) invisible and b) can do ritual magic

Good luck getting powerbolted out of nowhere at 3am in the morning chummer
>>
>>52992032
>Not playing a martial-artist Pixie with Nerve Strike
>Not wanting to play Loli Tai Lee
>>
>>52992032
>Fellow Shadowrunners don't like you after you retire from the bounty

Big fuckin deal. None are gonna care enough to do anything about it.
>>
>>52992032
Just deal with it man, your shitty snowflake doesn't work realistically in the world the game creators made.
>>
>>52992032
>drek the cops
>Shit the cops
you were looking for frag
>>
Anyone ever played a Sasquatch?
>>
>>52992123
>>52992146
>Not realising the Pixie is a real person OOC, sitting next to you at the game table,
>Arguing your character would immediately retire when they had that much money, meaning you would stop playing them
>Essentially screwing you and another player out of characters you both like because you hate snowflakes

Who cares chummer? Just let them play the stupid mary sue, it makes them happy

>>52992062
>tiny flying invisible ninja
good stuff anon

>>52992172
sorry, I get the fake PG swear words for this game involving meat puppet prostitutes, brutal violence and widespread corruption confused.
>>
>>52992179
IF I HAD A BIGFOOT TEAMMATE I'D SELL HIM FOR A BOUNTY FUKKEN SNOWFLAKES MY TRENCHCOAT'S BLACKNESS IS INFINITE
>>
>>52992279
>Mary Sue

It cheapens the experience for the entire table. If I were alone in this thought I'd be quiet, but it's a trope that's almost unanimously hated and always played by dildos.
>>
>>52992279
Oh c'mon chummer, you can't be so triggered as to start samefagging to support your pixie snowflake. Just let it go.
>>52992294
Naw, y'see, there are actually Bigfoots near Seattle. So not only is it more possible, so is the threat of retribution.
>>
>>52992294
>Muh muh snowflakes must defend
>>
>>52992325
I dunno man, I've had shit as snowflakey as a Nartaki ghoul at my table and it's never really turned out that bad. That said, all the other players and the GM are pretty pink mohawk and all the characters are usually flake-y, so it's less like one character is totally out of tone.
>>
>>52992365
A ghoul isn't the same as a fuckin pixie though. Also not that far fetched.
>>
>>52992032
Runners are more likely to look unfavourably on any group that accepts a Pixie, because they are painting a huge target on their backs. It's unprofessional and draws unwanted attention.

You might as well hire Count Obvious the Bloodmage Nosferatu, who likes to play bad organ music in the local cemetary.

Or Mr Parasite, the Totally Not Insect Shaman and his cuddly collection of bug spirits.

You can do it if you want, but face the consequences.
>>
>>52992400
I'm more talking about the Nartaki part, given there's only a couple hundred of them total and most of those are cooped up in temples in India.
>>
>>52992409
This. So much this.
>>
>>52992400
Anon, you're aware that Nartaki LITERALLY only appear in a single region of India, are ALL immediately indoctrinated into the Temples in that area, and that there are less than a few hundred in total?

It is, literally, snowflakiery than a pixie in every way. You are LITERALLY worshipped as a god on earth.
>>
>>52992409
You forgot Mr Scav the friendly neighborhood sewer worker with a skin condition and a hyperactive gland in his hands that makes his nails really long.
>>
>>52992341
>team killing asshole angry about another player not soley using fantasy creatures that he personally has deemed acceptable in a game about hacker elves
>>
>>52992422
No one cares about the body of a Nartaki after it's been infected with hmhvv. No one's paying a bounty in that. No reason to kill him.
>>
>>52992409
Anon.

Pixies are naturally stealthy.

Who says that anyone other than your Johnson even knows that there's a pixie in the team?

Hell, your team itself might just know that doors happen to open, locks unlock, and cards disappear out of the pockets of enemies. They get little notes telling them details, or a burner comm messages them, but they never SEE you.
>>
>>52992487
Whoah hold up
Why the fuck would you let the johnson know you have a pixie on the team?
>>
>>52992478
No Anon you took the bait so hard
Shame
>>
>>52992326
Chummer I can build a street sammie who rolls 19 dice every time they fire an Ares Alpha loaded with explosive bullets, who doubles as the team face and team infiltrator. But the pixie? That's the op snowflake?

>>52992409
True, but the solution is just not to tell people there's a pixie in the group. You should be invisible 24/7 anyway.

>But then they'd screw you out of your share of the nuyen!

Yeah, and then the pixie would get pissed and powerbolt them at 3am. Or in my case, not care about the money.

>>52992487
>>52992495
This. A thousand times this.
>>
>>52992487
>Not questioning disembodied voice that randomly does magic
>Telling Mr Johnson you have a pixie

Jesus Christ Anon
>>
>>52992495
Hell, the Johnson might not even know. All anyone knows is that there's a comm-code, you contact it, and tell it what you need stolen or broken into. It talks with you, you make a plan, and when you get there, the parts that the comm said are done. Nobody ever sees how. It just happens.

And somewhere, hidden away in the walls of a building, in his own pixie-sized luxury pad, there's a pixie. Laughing his ass off.
>>
>>52992522
Yes. Do you not remember the definition of snowflake? It's a character who's only quality is how 'unique' they are or how they don't fit in.

Which is basically any shadowrunner, admittedly, but when you're a snowflake among shadowrunners, that's when you know you're going too far and being a dick. Welcome to pixie players.
>>52992487
>Look fellow players, look and marvel at how mysteeeerious my character is!
>Totally not a snowflake!

Now you're just shitposting.
>>
>>52992553
>And somewhere, hidden away in the walls of a building, in his own pixie-sized luxury pad, there's a pixie. Laughing his ass off.

I think I just got cancer
>>
>>52992567
Only just? It's well known that pixie shadworunners are flying tumors that metastasize out of their player. We've all got cancer now.
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (34KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
34KB, 490x333px
>>52992562
>>
>>52992616
>Fuck can't think of response
>I know meme!
>>
>>52992562
Anon, why is it that it's not possible to make a reasonable pixie character?

By your own admission, they're not accepted in the majority of society.

What is it that makes a Pixie less believable than a Street Sam who sees other humans as nothing but sacks of meat for him to pop?

How is it any less reasonable than a man who does so many drugs it's a legitimate miracle he's still alive, and who'd be far more likely to backstab you to get his next fix?

The pixie has a fairly strongly vested interest in proving themself to be a valuable, worthwhile member of the team. IF there are bounties on them, then they're aware of them, and they know that if they aren't netting the team more than the bounty would bring, then they're possibly going to get sold out.
>>
ogres > pixies
>>
>>52992693
Are you insinuating that a pixie can net you a bunch of million dollar runs? That's neat. Why do they bother looking for a team?
>>
>>52992032

Just accept playing a pixie is the equivalent of playing a dual wielding good aligment drow in forgotten, a white howler in werewolf or a mando jedi in star wars.

Yes the setting kind of support it if you squint enough but is cliche and rarely it contributes to the game itself and any limited good angle there is was already done better.
>>
Seeing as everyone thinks playing a pixie is an awful decision, can we get some stories of pixie PC in shadowrun? Should be good for a few That Guy stories if they're really that bad, or will give examples of how to play a pixie properly if not.
>>
>>52992294
Vantablack Trenchcoat all the way, rite guise?
>>
>>52992794
Excellent examples. Technically possible, but characters that when done regularly, demonstrate a disrespect of or outright incomprehension of the setting, and a complete disregard for fellow players.

No one is telling you you can't play a pixie. Just that you're kind of an asshole for doing so. Though that's self-evident from the drek being spewed in the concept's defense.

>>52992831
If that's what the group wants. I lean more towards Pinkshades or Mirrorhawk.
>>
>>52992457
Also, a significant portion of Nartaki are female and none are past their teens until 2079.
>>
>>52992744
Are you saying a Pixie has a Bounty of greater than 25,000 Nuyen? Because if so, gonna need a source there, because that's what the Wanted quality gives. And if you seriously can't net 25,000 Nuyen off a job between actual pay, paydata you steal, and anything secondary, you've fucked up hard.
>>
>>52992861
Most GMs I've played for outright ban them because you'd be required to start in India and find a way to a shadow team in the UCAS.
>>
>>52992881
>Mythical creature that disappears when it dies

That's probably not worth more than 25k. No magic Corp would want that for study. That's just ridiculous.
>>
>>52992693

Anon are shit posting or are you actually this retarded to compare the rarity/special snowflake status of a low essence street samurai with a pixie?

There is an argument to be had on pixie snowflakery vs sasquatches or vs centaurs. Even against ghouls and their variant to a degree. But vs street samurai/burn out drug addicts? You dont have a leg to stand on.
>>
>>52992828
Hey, I wanna play a Pixie in Shadowrun!

>NO DON'T DO THAT YOU'LL RUIN EVERYTHING I'LL TEAMKILL YOU REEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh really? So do you have any stories about playing with Pixies that went badly then?

>Crickets chirping
>>
>>52993011
Alright, what's your actual argument, then?

They're a rare race. They may or may not have bounties on them, which is far from restricted to them. What else is a problem? Because they're able to hide themselves when needed, they're Dual Natured which gives them the ability to be a good scout in both the astral and mundane at the same time, and they're almost guranteed to be Awakened which is a considerable boon to any team that takes them on.

Because I can think of a lot of more common archetypes, for example drug addicts, psychotics, pyromaniacs, Black Lodge followers, terrorists/eco-terrorists, and others that all offer far more downsides to being part of a runner team, and have a more difficult time hiding them.

If you can play Sasquatch, a Black Lodge followers, drug addict, psychopath, or any of a number of other potentially questionable archetypes and concepts, why is it that you can't play a Pixie?
>>
>>52993140
Where's your good stories then?

>Being this fuckin stupid
>>
>>52993150
How many times are you gonna answer the same question that's been answered a thousand times?

No one said you can't. They just says you're a dick and you're that guy when you do it.
>>
>>52993187
Ask the same question*
>>
>>52993187
And I'm asking you to explain how that's the case.
>>
>>52993011
Well, not a living one he doesn't.
>>52993140
>Where are the stories?
Rare as fuck, because most people shut down this amount of snowflakey retardation before it makes it into the game. Stories of bad concepts being rare doesn't make them less bad.
>>52993150
Again. Can=/=SHOULD.
I'll let that sink in. You're free to be a dick, but you're still a dick if you play a Pixie.
>>
>>52993206
Uhhh I don't know how to tell you that most players don't like munchkins. Outside of the snowflake aspect.
>>
>>52993140
>>52993162
Don't need em. The point of your argument is "Pixies make the game bad". If no one has any actual examples of Pixies making the game bad then there's no reason not to play a Pixie. You're just a bunch of /tg/ers circlejerking about how bad pixies supposedly are when they've never even seen one in game. Why would I need good stories?
>>
>>52993228
We aren't talking about munchkins, anon. We're talking about people calling Pixies snowflakes and saying that, on that basis, they'll kill fellow players or sell them to the corps.

And if we're going to start calling out Munchkinism, why do people allow Automatics? Sleeping Tiger? Yamaha Raiden? Salvalette Heavy Pistol? Why are Riggers allowed to have multiple characters? Why are Summoners allowed to exist? Mages in general?
>>
>>52993232
I personally don't feel like wasting my time rehashing that guy stories.

I can give you a tldr, but I'm sure that won't suffice for you, so I'm not bothering.

We had a pixie in a group that would start side conversations when the spotlight wasn't on him the whole time in a roll 20 campaign I was in. Another one basically made the thing from Peter pan and kept trying to turn the game into Peter pan. Another campaign the pixie was a super autismo who'd fuck up every social encounter.

There Anon. Tldr
>>
>>52993232
Just to add to this, and I'm not this guy, but I'm pretty sure the reason there aren't many stories of pixies being in games is because people immediately break down into an autistic fit the second someone mentions them, and never gives it a chance.

Like, shit, I'm about to play in a game set in China loosely based on Burn Notice, where we're going to be fucking up Triad's. I could easily play a Pixie in that, and fluff it up as a Tir or Black Forest affiliated agent sent out to disrupt Triad activity at the source, in response to their practices regarding harvesting telesma and reagents, and general practice of "traditional medicine" stuff.
>>
>>52993315
Alright, so you've got a player who was autistic.

How's this actually related to him being a Pixie?
>>
>>52993140
>Oh really? So do you have any stories about playing with Pixies that went badly then?

I was introducing a new group to shadowrun, i didnt knew the rest of the group except for a guy from work who beg me to run a game.

I explained the setting to the rest and they made fairly good pcs but the guy who introduce me was deadset on playing a pixie because he played league of legends or some shit like that.

I said sure why not? Because he was my main link to the rest of the group and i wanted them to have a bast on their first game.

Worst mistake ever, pixie player ramped up the fishmalkery while always speaking in a squeaky voice, using his size to do prank to everyone every chance he could. Undermining any serious moment the other pc had with his "humor" which was specially grating to me because the other guys who were also new to rpgs really got into the roleplaying and made some solid pcs like a fat middle ork former lone star cop turned shadowrunner because of downsizing.

Whenever he got confronted about it ic or ooc he would get vindictive about it and use his bullshit stats to in his word "do pixie justice"

>>52993150
>Alright, what's your actual argument, then?

For me specifically? None. I wouldnt allow pixie same as i wouldnt allow sasquatches, centaurs, snake people, changelings, AI and infected. The most you can get in my game is playing some of the metavariant like a fomori.

My point was that there is a little hypocrisy to saying sasquatches or snake people are alright setting wise for a runner and pixies are a huge no. And that your argument holds a lot more water focusing there than on saying a low essence sammie or junkie is somehow special snowflakey as or has the same problems than a pixie
>>
>>52993555 continuation

>Because I can think of a lot of more common archetypes, for example drug addicts, psychotics, pyromaniacs, Black Lodge followers, terrorists/eco-terrorists, and others that all offer far more downsides to being part of a runner team, and have a more difficult time hiding them.

I am not the anon the arguments that playing a pixie is against the setting. I am the anon that said playing a pixie while possible show poor taste.
>>
>>52993315
>>52993555
Alright then. So the problem isn't so much that Pixies are bad its that people who play Pixies tend to be shitty players.

Weirdly enough, this is actually helpful anon. I'll try to avoid acting like these guys when I play.
>>
>>52993275
>And if we're going to start calling out Munchkinism, why do people allow Automatics?

Because anyone can buy one? Same as the opposition.

>Sleeping Tiger? Yamaha Raiden?
Salvalette Heavy Pistol?

Implying some dm dont ban this or re do their stats.

>Why are Riggers allowed to have multiple characters? Why are Summoners allowed to exist? Mages in general?

Implying some dms dont nerf spirits, mages and riggers
>>
>>52993555
The sammie or junkie has more problems, really.
>>
>>52993232
I've played two (short) games with Pixie characters in them, everything was fine. It's only a problem if you choose to make it a problem. People grossly exaggerate the downsides of being a pixie to justify their hate boners.
>>
>tfw a cyberpunk 2020 player
>just come to the /srg/ for ref images
>now an /srg/ regular

I still hate Shadowrun. But you guys are alright
>>
>>52993819
I think the mechanics of 2020 are ass, but it's cool as hell. Good luck finding games of it mang.
>>
>>52993819

I struggling making shadowrun games outside of the shadowrunning structure. I heard "listen up you primitive screw heads" was the best book for tips on dming cyberpunk. It is worthy?
>>
>>52993691

From a setting perpective? No. From a occ perspective could go either way
>>
>>52993819
>You guys are alright

Just give it time.
>>
>>52993878
Never used it, so I can't say. Sorry

>>52993864
I'm prepping to run a game of it right now actually! We still need a couple more players though
>>
>>52993911
I know a guy who's a fan, I'll toss a link to your post to him.
>>
>>52993648
Yeah Anon, that's what I've been saying. No one should stop you, just don't be that guy, something about the char attracts that guys.
>>
File: 1492117435621.png (384KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1492117435621.png
384KB, 623x414px
>>52993964
>>
>>52993911
Heyyo, im that guy, do you have a discord i can get in contact with ya or something? or would you rather mine?
>>
>>52993410
Multiple players. Each situation was a different PC.
>>
>>52994087
Point still stands. The guy was autistic, but there doesn't appear to be a problem that's directly related to him being a pixie.

It's like, Pixies might be more often played by faggots, but they aren't necessarily faggots. A square is a type of rectangle, but not the reverse. Kinda.
>>
>>52994075
Shoot your discord mano
>>
>>52994158
Aquinass#3558
>>
>>52992828
Playing with a pixie right now.
The first thing I did is look at them and tell their friends they could make more selling the pixie than doing their current run.
Were gonna be great friends.
>>
>>52994336
lol how did the Pixie respond?
>>
>>52994336
Now that's a good GM.
>>
>>52994369
Hid. Someone offered to sell them to me.
I said I don't have that kind of money, Or know anyone with that kind of money and were moving on because its just for funnnnn
>>
>>52994141
There are different reasons why people hate pixie pc's, some may be more relevant than others.

First is their stat distribution, which is straight out minmax.
Next is their ability to vanish whenever they want, screwing over players and forcing the GM to increase countermeasures lopsidedly.
Then there is the lore-breaking, pixies are so rare and valuable that every poor man wants to capture one to make some nuyen, every rich man wants one as a status symbol. Every corp scientist wants to disect them while keeping them alive and concious, and every alchemist wants to chop them up for reagents.

No Runner team should want to deal with this drek. However if you feel like stretching the rules and background to breaking point, go ahead. Just realise what you are doing.
>>
>>52994604
Stats don't matter that much when a street sammie can be rolling 20 dice to shoot something at character creation. And vanishing only happens when they die, they cant do it whenever they want. They errata'd that.

Honestly, the most broken thing seems to be concealment, and even then most guards will be rolling 12 to 18 dice to see you anyway. It doesn't hurt that much.
>>
>>52994758
The Concealment is implied to be a replacement for Stealth, and previous iterations of Pixies state that their skin color changes to match their environment over the course of three months (interestingly, the length of a season).

It could very well be replaced with the Adaptive Coloration critter power, or whatever it's called. Make them blend in when stationary, but give them less protection while moving.
>>
>>52993140
>Oh really? So do you have any stories about playing with Pixies that went badly then?
Yeah. I played a pixie once. The team got majorly butthurt when I asked them to hang back just long enough for me to plant a few gas grenades in the gang hideout we were about to bust wide open, and the GM god-narrated how everyone kept pace with each other.
>>
>>52994604
Pixies are canonically present in large enough numbers to be noted in at minimum seven nations and two AAA Corps. They're rare, but rare in a world where there's 10 billion or more people isn't really all that rare, and it's obviously common enough for two of the largest organizations in existent to allow them corporate citizenship.

People have yet to provide examples of Pixies having a bounty placed on them in canon, and in fact, there's actually examples from SR4's Runner's Companion of a hospitalized Pixie being a fucking public icon and comatose in a hospital after Crash 2.0, and there's even details of the organization called the Korrigan.

Their statline isn't even that crazy. They're fragile as all hell, their agility and reaction are roughly in line with what a Street Sam can get, if not lower. Elves have the same Charisma, Dwarves get 1 lower Will, and they've got a Log/Intuition that's one point higher than anything other than Wakyambi Elves. That's a pretty small difference, given that they basically die to a stuff wind, have a completely non-existent physical limit, and apparently people are literally fucking retarded and never read Concealment.

Just for reference?

CONCEALMENT
Type: P Action: Simple
Range: LOS Duration: Sustained
Critters with this power can mystically hide them-
selves, other people, or things that someone else is
seeking. Concealment subtracts a number of dice equal
to the critter’s Magic from any Perception Tests to locate
the concealed subject.
Concealment can be used simultaneously on a
number of metahuman-sized targets equal to the crit-
ter’s Magic, or a number of much smaller targets (cats,
babies, rats, etc.) equal to the critter’s Magic x 5. Con-
cealed subjects can see each other if the critter allows
it. The effect lasts until the target is spotted or the critter
stops sustaining the power.

What's NOT a Perception test? Astral Perception. Matrix Perception. Sensors.
>>
>>52994758
Concealment is literally a non-issue, because it ONLY effects Perception checks. Astral Perception, Matrix Perception, and any Sensors are able to find pixies perfectly fine, and since it's a building, it has R6 Cameras, which means it's rolling 12 Dice or more against the pixie, and trying to do something like use Improved Invisibility is actually a pretty awful idea since the cameras will be rolling 15+ dice to resist the spell in the first place.

Additionally, Concealment does absolutely fuckall to protect you from: Grenades, AoE spells, Gas attacks, Suppressive Fire, People using Blind Fire attacks, any Mage just using Astral Perception to fuck you to death because you're always Dual Natured, any Spirit just fucking you to death because you're always Dual Natured, or anyone using that one Awakened Drug that makes you astrally perceive.
>>
>>52995070
Matrix Perception won't really help unless you can also Trace and are willing to use AoEs or blind fire. And Sensors are Perception tests. You can just use Electronic Warfare in place of Perception and the Sensor Rating as the limit for the Perception test, if either's better than what you normally would roll.
>>
>>52995212
Are pixies dual natured? I've heard of it but I can't find it in the rulebook.
>>
>>52995395
They're not. He's just trying to bolster an argument.
>>
>>52995395
They have the Astral Perception power, which makes them de-facto Dual-Natured, because while astrally perceiving you're automatically dual-natured.

>>52995455
Eat my ass, bitch.
>>
>>52995483
>While astrally perceiving
>Inferring you're always astrally perceiving
>>
>>52995483
Nah. Dual Natured gives the benefit of not taking the -2 penalty.

Which isn't huge, but is still two more dice.
>>
>>52995522
>Triple dubs of truth
>>
>>52995505
>Implying you aren't
It's a magical being with innate magic, it vanishes from the world upon death(via magic), it flies(via magic), it can go invisible(via magic), and it primarily lives in magic places.
>>
What I'm hearing from all of this is that Pixies are not intrinsically Dual-Natured, but that it would make sense from both lore and mechanical standpoints if they were.
>>
>>52995648
He's right, though. If they were permanently dual natured, they would have Dual Natured.
>>
>>52995806
Not really. They're intended to be sneaky fuckers, and Dual Natured is the astral precise opposite of that.
>>
Alright enough talk about special snowflake pixies. What are everyone's thoughts on someone playing a Metasapient AI?
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.