[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40.000 8th edition General /W40k8thG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 494
Thread images: 60

File: 1474057199999.jpg (334KB, 1200x569px) Image search: [Google]
1474057199999.jpg
334KB, 1200x569px
First Edition

>Rules
None yet

>Proper Duncan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE5jw620c78

>8th edition FAQ:
https://warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Outdated shit for grognards

>List organizer picture book
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
https://battlescribe.net/
Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
>>
>>52950520
First for butthurt sisters players.
>>
We need more tactical nuke options.
>>
This is something I've been puzzling over for a while. Maybe you guys can help out.

What would happen if an Ork was raised from a very young age as if they were human? Would their WAAAGH energy transform them into a dirty 'umie, would they end up as an even more disciplined Bloodaxe, or would it not work at all?
>>
>>52950532
Why would sisters players be butthurt? I'm hype for 8th.
>>
>>52950553
>Would their WAAAGH energy transform them into a dirty 'umie
Doesn't work like that.

>Would they end up as an even more disciplined Bloodaxe, or would it not work at all?
The latter, Bloodaxes are a counter-culture among orks, so the most likely reaction is it actin out in the most anti-humie way it can.
>>
nth for AoS has ok rules, and 40k borrowing from it is not automatically a bad thing. 9
>>
>>52950567
Plastic sisters may have just been confirmed to not be happening.
Or maybe that's just another lie in this great spiral of deciet.
>>
>>52950579
On the other klaw, some Orcs are known to have urges to follow the rank and file in their early lives. Stormboyz. Maybe The Imperium could exploit those confused emotions to create an Ork soldier. With no Kultur, who's to know what could happen?
>>
>>52950553
>>52950579
>>52950643

You'd probably end up with something like an Ogryn, but more violent and rebellious. If they 100% believed they were a humie, they'd probably get Khorne'd anyways.
>>
Perhaps I'm out growing gaming. I fell in love with 40k the day I found a 3ed rule book at a wizards of the coast store (back when that was a thing) but now? People seem happy there taking the pants on head retarded AoS rules and killing 40k with it. Perhaps that's what people want now. Rip 40k, you and fantasy where to good for this world
>>
>>52950801
Consider this an interim edition.
>>
File: 1402380447889.jpg (128KB, 647x670px) Image search: [Google]
1402380447889.jpg
128KB, 647x670px
>>52950801
>Rip 40k, you and fantasy where to good for this world
You forgot about your cheetah pic
>>
>>52950859
Sorry. I'm not up to date on my shitposting. Whats the cheeta meme
>>
>>52950801

People probably like it because 40k had become bloated and complex for the sake of being complex due to a refusal to actually demolish the system and start over.

If you really need a big book filled with rules that serve no practical purpose you may be compensating for something.
>>
>>52950520
>General
>mortal wounds are a thing
>psyker will have them
>super heavy and gargantuan will have them
>my knights once again ignore all saves
Bow before my might and tremble before the Emperor's wrath!!!
>>
The new psychic phase sucks. I will continue to think so until the rules are expanded upon. The 2d6 system is weak sauce.
>>
The rulebook on the gamesworkshop site is still the 7th one right? I´m not familiar with the release shedule.

>>52950623
Could you elaborate or post a link? Wanted to build myself a plastic Sisters and Inquisition army.
>>
>>52950553
Next thread, can we get it phrased as 'Tyranid raised by the Tau'? I mean, it can't all be human/ork.
>>
>>52950859
Nah, nah, Cheetah's always happy. That's the one nice thing about him. Well, that and the willingness to acknowledge that it's only shitposting.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (79KB, 750x553px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
79KB, 750x553px
>>52950801
We will always have previous editions
>>
File: save meee.png (210KB, 1047x582px) Image search: [Google]
save meee.png
210KB, 1047x582px
>hate edition will have the chance of double turns
>>
>>52950999
Does it actually?
>>
As someone who is new to rubric marines

What does the new psyker phase mean for me? Is it good or bad?
>>
>>52950859
>cheetah
>in favour of AoSification
Yeah, no, he isn't that much of a faggot
>dis gun b gud edishion
>mortal wounds
>stormsurges, wraithknights and knights will definitely have them
>it's New D spam edition
>eldars still Kings of the hill
Yeah, no
>>
>>52950623
You mean like there was a huge box with PLASTIC THUNDERHAWK written on it, which got everyonr hyped, and then it was just a refreshed Thunderhawk in resin, making everyone lose intersg in it?

GW has trolled more than once. I can definitely imagine them doing that to surprise people even more.
>>
>>52950801

You are the cancer that was killing this game. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, faggot.
>>
>>52951037
If I remember, they said in a FAQ we wont have that shitty garbage rule. Thank god, as its the only thing in AoS I cant wrap my head around. Why anyone would want to use that dumb rule, let alone create it.
>>
What's the best way to catch up on the new lore? Haven't been paying attention since 6th.
>>
>>52951042
We'll have to wait and see what powers you can get.
>>
>>52950801

Third edition was seen as a dumbing down and simplification at the time, just like you think eighth edition is.

Some people just don't like change.
>>
Reminder to purge all whfb cucks
>>
>>52951042
Odds are rubric sorcerers will have a harder time casting their spells, but are more likely to actually use their powers instead of funneling warp charges into a Sorcerer or Magnus.

Having Smite by default also means the Rubric sorcerer might have better psychic shooting at a baseline, and depending on other changes there may not be the same psychic tables, so any other powers they get might be improved or different.

Overall, likely going to be a positive change, unless it makes the squad even more expensive
>>
>>52950913
>Could you elaborate or post a link? Wanted to build myself a plastic Sisters and Inquisition army.

Quote from the livestream. Just an offhanded comment.
>>
File: turns.jpg (32KB, 629x355px) Image search: [Google]
turns.jpg
32KB, 629x355px
>>52950999
>>52951037
>>52951095
Random turns won't be a thing
>>
>>52951124
Thank fucking god.
>>
>>52950520

Who here enjoys the WarhammerTV Twitch streams?

Especially today where SoB beat Tzeentch 10 to 19!
>>
File: 674.jpg (73KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
674.jpg
73KB, 680x680px
>>52951037
Anon please, they'll spam aos elements to 40k and you know it, 8ed is the base for AoS second edition, they expect to charm unsatisfied players with this, if it doesn't work out they'll just inject more elements of old fantasy in 40k until they recover the whole player base
>>
>>52951124
That's what I thought. Ty for taking time for finding the sauce on that.
>>
>>52951104
>unless it makes the squad even more expensive
Like they could make TS squads even more expensive.>>52951137
>>
>>52951137
Your post is wrong, but the wendy's girl is cute, so thanks.
>>
>>52951137
Nope, see 3 posts above you. It wont be a thing. Stop being a hater just to hate. You only look dumb.
>>
>>52951137
See?>>52951124 people didn't liked random turns, so they didn't make the cut, expect that being phase out in the next AoS edition
>>
Sisters of battle are the best value for money army, I've been using the same models for the last 15 years, while marine players are going to have to update their basic troops yet again when the tall marines are released.
>>
>>52951190
>expect that being phase out in the next AoS edition
I really hope it will be the case. Its nice to know they didnt use them because the players didnt enjoy it.
>>
>>52950553
Assuming WAAAAGGGGH energy diddnt manifest in them and just made them start shooting things, an ork warband would probably roll through their farm or something, the ork figures out what the hell has been happening it's entire life, and joins the WAAAAAGGGHHHHH with it's brothers.
>>
>>52951190
So, without Initiative, how will assault work now? The side that charged goes first on subsequent turns as well?
>>
File: K3jnRVT.jpg (126KB, 466x750px) Image search: [Google]
K3jnRVT.jpg
126KB, 466x750px
>He doesn't like quality of life updates
>He doesn't like modern gaming conventions
>He doesn't like trying new things.

Why?
>>
>>52950553
He would bring the Orkz back to their Shamanistic roots and beat Ghazghkull by cheating
>>
>>52951238

I bet it will use morale and attacks. But saying that, it's going to be explained on community site tomorrow afternoon.
>>
>>52950553
>bait a bunch of orks into a warehouse
>gun them down
>let the spores grow and begin the growth of some orks
>become an ork farmer, train them to be either to be green shields for guardsmen or have them be a work force.
>>
>>52950801
Dude what is happening to 40k right now is a really good thing, you are just letting nostalgia get in the way

I came into 40k almost 3 years ago and i cant fucking wait for the new edition, current 40k is over bloated, overly complex, and filled with game breaking mechanics. It took gw this long to re work it because of the amount of effort they would need to put into it, and hey already had a generation of people hooked on it. Now gw has to inspire a new generation to play the game or they will tank.

The new edition is already doing so many things right such as the move stat, damage stat, and re worked physcic phase. The also got rid of templates, and while i like the idea, templates sloe down the game and cause more headaches than benefits

40k was too complex, and while complexity is not inheritly bad, it should add to the game, not detract from it.

The reason why you edition was "the best" edition was because thats he one you grew up playing.

Im extremely excited because while i love the lore and like playing the game, it can be a fucking headache to play.

All the changes that gw has leaked so far are drastic improvements, and anyone that claims otherwise are with trolls, power gamers, or pants on head retards
>>
>>52951303
The only way these fools will see the light is until they play it, though they will prob just whine either way.

These communists need to move to China.
>>
>>52950553
>What would happen if an Ork was raised from a very young age as if they were human?

You realise Orks are born "full grown" right?
You couldn't raise him as hum because he'd try to beat you to death and eat from about the moment he popped out of the ground.
>>
>>52951280
No, other way around.
He'd kill off all the smart boyz because he's too dumb to understand what actually makes Ork society work, he'd instead suddenly hire a crapload of Squats to make stuff for him because that certainly makes sense, and Ghazghkull would beat him using normal Ork tactics that would be called 'cheating' by fucking morons.
>>
>>52951303

Gr8 b8 m8
>>
Who thinks Melta will cause mortal wounds or Grav for that matter?

Mortal wounds being unsavable damage.
>>
>>52951303
Agreed, these are the same people who insisted there was nothing wrong with fantasy

>>52951361
Nice post, think of that yourself?
>>
>>52951134

I'd enjoy it more if you heard a bit more of what's being said at the table as its kind of hard to follow the game just from watching.
>>
>>52951302
They either bludgeon you with their tools or squat about like slavs on a playground.
>>
>>52951372
Melta maybe within melta range. Grav probably not
>>
>>52951372
I hope very few things have mortal wounds. Guns spewing out mortal wounds is far worse than any amount of D shots from 7th.
>>
>>52950623
but SoB are in todays video-battlereport by GW
AND they are featured prominently on their new 40k intro page AND we recently got some old models (Immolator) back AND 2 new models which is more than in the last 10years combined.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/28/warhammer-live-lists-for-april-28th/

https://warhammer40000.com/setting/explore-the-factions/

Not dead yet
>>
>>52951399

I did get a message reply from one of WarhammerTV about what I can use my flamer for though.

As a tear...
>>
>>52951404
Makes sense that melta would cause unsavable damage seeing as its meant to kill actual tanks
>>
I swear to god if 8th edition doesn't buff Orks or nerf everything else I'm going to flip. How hard is it to create a smaller gap between something like vanilla Nids and Eldar+Tau?!
>>
>>52951454

They refused to answer my question on if we will get new inquisition, but they did say we can say they are and are not coming on plastic sisters.
>>
>>52951042
The changes to the psychic phase itself are good. Smite means that every Psyker will have at least one decent Witchfire power, and everybody will get to try to cast now.

The big question is what the Tzeentch/Thousand Sons table is like and whether or not they're going to port over that retarded rule of one thing from AoS for matched play. They probably are, based on the comment about matched play having some restriction on the psychic phase, and that's going to suck majorly for Thousand Sons if we only have ~6 spells to choose from.
>>
>>52951468
As long as Phil Kelly lives, yes.
>>
>Magnus will automatically know all powers from Tzeentch Daemons and Thousand Sons factions, including unique spell Gaze of Magnus
>Magnus makes psychic power tests with three dice
>Magnus can not suffer Perils of the Warp

More or less what i expect form the big guy.
>>
>>52951454
not only that, they made the immolator components out of resin.

However that raises a nasty point against the SoB, they still have metal models and aren't making new ones. Its just stock that hasn't been bought out.

I doubt they'd make plastic SoB while they have the metal stock
>>
>>52951468
Every faction is said to be playtested and balanced, and that this edition has been there most extensively play tested along with getting help from American gamers in the play testing. They also said every unit has been tested in battle.
>>
>>52951354
But what if you convinced him Humans were Orks?
>>
>>52951042
This entire edition is a huge for you. Your army, aside from Magnus, we overcosted as fuck so you really like new points. New armor system makes Rubric's bolters and invu saves that much stronger, and sorc can now actually do shit instead of acting as WC battery.
>>
>>52951484
Cant help you there. GW is notorious for not telling what they are up to. The last batch of plastic sister rumors, including the "announcement" on that video where one warhammercommunity dude claimed he had plastic sisters of battle gave a release date close to when new celestine came out, so it was *not* a lie even if it did not update the whole range.
>>
>>52951545
Humans aren't green
>>
What are the
L O R E
O
R
E

Changes or additions?
>>
>>52951559
They iz if Orks think dey iz

Alternitavely, convince them pink and brown and such are shades of green.
>>
>>52951562
Galaxy torn in half by warpstorms.
Guilliman's secret weapons deployed.
>>
>>52951562
Fluff is still valid.
>>
>>52951554
Btw one of the hosts in the stream fucked his lineup. He was about to say SoB are so expensive! and transitioned into something mid 'ex'
>>
>>52951584
>>52951592
Good, good. My warpboner is satiated.
>>
What army should I start for 8th?

Sold everything I had several editions ago to pay for an army in a different game (no regrets).
>>
>>52951584

The Imperium have Gellar bombs
>>
>>52951562
Guilliman is going to activate the remaining Blackstone fortresses and use them to wreck shit.
>>
>>52951042
it means the same for you as for everyone else
wait and see till the whole package is out, there is no reason to judge individual pieces without seeing their interaction.
>>
File: TommyWiseauHeadshot-640x360.jpg (42KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
TommyWiseauHeadshot-640x360.jpg
42KB, 640x360px
>The emperor of mankind enters your chamber
>OH HAY ANON
What do you do?
>>
File: 1492981010819.jpg (287KB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1492981010819.jpg
287KB, 2000x1600px
>>52951562
Warp is warping

Guilliman storyline ongoing

Necrons are Empire-ing up

Tyranids are squatted
>>
>>52951614
Death Guard
>>
>Orks won Soulstorm
my fucking sides
>>
>>52951614
One you can also play in 30k to maximize your investment.
>>
>>52951614
Da Orkz iz alwayz da best way ta start. But ya should pick whateva fits yer best way krumpin' 'eads.
>>
>>52951515
So basically, if you magical realming neckbeards want plastic sisters, fucking buy out the metal stock first you faggots
>>
>>52951303
Fucking 100% this.

40k is dying and gw is trying to jump start it.
>>
Who plays eternal crusade here, and what's your guild?
>>
File: picture_2.png (441KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
picture_2.png
441KB, 800x593px
>>52951562
the destruction of the pylons opened a galaxy wide warp anomaly going from the eye of terror to the tau empire
it is now easier for chaos entities to manifest, which means greater presence of daemon primarchs

the half of the imperium that got cut off from terra is now labelled imperium nihilus, how hopeless they are or feel it's up to see, but we also have baal there where the successors of the blood angels are gathering to fight a massive tendril of leviathan

guilliman has worked with the priesthood of mars to create new marines

armageddon is going to be relevant again
the rock is near there

slaanesh is going to get the final succ from ynnead and cegorach

the necron dinasty of the eastern fringe is on the rise and along ultramar and the tau empire cover one of the few entrances left in the warp anomaly for the tyranids to enter from that side of the fringe

fenris is in the middle of the shitstorm
>>
>>52951515

I bought a couple of immolator after imperial agents was released, the only component that's resin is the transparent windows for the turret.
>>
File: new allegiance copy.jpg (669KB, 3999x999px) Image search: [Google]
new allegiance copy.jpg
669KB, 3999x999px
Select
Your
Allegiance
>>
>>52951686

Fuck you! You know how much they bloody cost?

One squad of sisters can buy me, 2 squads of Skitarii warriors a Mechanicus Adept with many skills and fancy title along with a Dune Walker. That's just comparing buying one squad to one other army!
>>
>>52951724
>Fenris
>Daemon Primarchs

Magnus vs Furry Fuck showdown happening? My two favorite Primarchs?
>>
>>52951740
Hordes, assuming the Marines have rebelled from the Imperium.
>>
>>52951753
Magnus was already banished with the help of Khorne, but he still managed to bring his planet in realspace, spiting distance from the Rock.
>>
File: IMG_1467.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1467.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>52951097
>>
>>52951778
Or is that the case? Things could go along just as planned.
>>
>>52951614
same as always, look at the minis and buy which minis you prefer. Rules change, minis not so much
>>
>>52951603

Let's be honest, these guys got their jobs because they like games like we do, so they know when armies are too expensive. They accidentally did the same thing on Wednesday talking about forge world, joking that the models where made out of aether gold to justify the price tag.
>>
>>52951818
Nah, with his goal completed, Magnus was mostly fucking around crushing GK, Wolves and DA before he ate Axe of Mwhatever to the face, after which Khorne's laughter was heard through the entire galaxy.
>>
>>52951859
Ah, well that's a shame. I liked him.
>>
>>52951884
magnus deserves everything and more

the only good daemon pimarch is fulgrim
>>
>>52951686
i also want more than a handful of singlepose models and an army that does not weight a ton when carrying around.
>>
>>52951818
>>52951859
>>52951884
He was in Rise of the Primarch too.
He got into a fight with Guilliman on the moon.
>>
>>52950553
I'd imagine it's like the Rick and Morty episode where Morty tries to raise a male Gazorpazorpian. He grows up somewhat normal but knowing he is a rage filled "other"
>>
>>52951901
You are officially a shit
>>
>>52951901
Magnus deserves to be Un-daemoned. Did nothing wrong.
>>
>>52951747

I bough my sisters army way back at the start of third edition, and people told me I was crazy for buying such an expensive army, but their value has gone up so much it's probably the best investment I've ever made.

Like a box of 10 models cost less than a blister of three now costs.
>>
>>52951912
Stop referencing Reddit shows
>>
File: Spooky.png (1020KB, 1920x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky.png
1020KB, 1920x1022px
Just finished Dawn of War.

Here is the final image after the credits.
>>
>>52951884
Magnus is immortal, he just got banished to Warp for .. about a few months? Hours?
>>52951910
>throws a space ship on Guilliman
>doesn't throw a space ship on SoS when they resist his beam
>>
>>52951912
Go back to 1d4ddit please
>>
>>52951747
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sisters-of-Battle-full-10-girl-squad-POSTAGE-FREE-/302288417908?hash=item4661cb3474:g:o~sAAOSwzqFY9uJG

Go for the second hand market then poorfag. Here's one for free. Some armies are more expensive than others.

And who knows, maybe them hiking the prices on Sisters means they're running out?
>>
>>52951945
No one gives a shit about Dawn of Moba 3
>>
>>52951947
Yeah, but I'm still sad he lost.
>>
>>52951945
I mean, I think everyone expected that
neat regardless
>>
>Stubbs fucking lost to Gorgutz in Soulstorm
>DoW3 final boss is a khorne daemon
>epilogue shows dlc bait Necrons
LOL
>>
>>52951719

Played it and maxed my CSM/Ork characters.
Played with AAA while with chaos because I play sneaky.
Didn't play with Ork guilds because they have retarded mentalities and Ork teamwork was already very good among ransoms.
I uninstalled shortly after the game went f2p.
>>
>>52951945
Oh wow what a twist never saw that coming
>>
File: Frozen daemon.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen daemon.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>52951945
This raises a few question. The planet was a prison planet that the Necrons constructed for daemons storage a long ago during their wars in the ancient past. Why were the Necrons imprisoning daemons

Picture related. It's the BBEG litterally put on ice by the Necrons.
>>
>>52951965
Well, he can't exactly eradicate an entire faction or three.

That's just bad for business.
>>
>>52951945
WHOEVER COULD THIS BE?
HMMM? HMMM? HMMMMM?
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (50KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
50KB, 400x500px
I have an idea for an OC chapter I want to run. The idea is that they see heavy use of power swords and bolt pistols, and have a teutonic crusader aesthetic, as opposed to the black templar's hospitaller crusader aesthetic. However, I cant think of a chapter to run them as a successor to that would allow me to take squads of power sword armed non-jump infantry. Any suggestions? Can also be a non-compliant chapter.
>>
File: c2074orkfreebooterz.jpg (171KB, 875x1209px) Image search: [Google]
c2074orkfreebooterz.jpg
171KB, 875x1209px
>>52951614
Freebooterz.
>>
>>52951988
If true that's fucking dumb, surely it's just that Gorgutz beat the shit out of BOREALE but IG won overall

>>52951945
>literally Tobi is Obito tier
>>
>>52951945
necrons

I like it
>>
>>52952003
That is so oversized it's not even funny lol

Stupid fucking reddit game overexaggerating sizes.
>>
>>52952005
He doesn't get enough badass moments. Sanguinius or Russ probably would have. Fucking popularity power.
>>
>>52952024
No, IG are turboshitters and Gorgutz fucking won.
>>
>>52951951
>>52951943

>Stop liking things that lots of people like
>>
>>52951502
I'm pretty sure that like in AoS almost every Sorcerer (from aspiring to exalted) will have a couple of spells beyond the one they generate, with at least one unique one per unit type.
In addition Ahriman will probably also have his own unique spell(s) so despite possibly only having 6 spells to choose from there's a good chance there will be so many spells from other sources that it won't be a problem.

I'm also not entirely sure they'll get rid of the generic disciplines, especially since they hold lore significance to the Thousand Sons.
>>
>>52952024
The game says that Gorgutz conquered the Kaurava.
>>
>>52952021
Is their chapter symbol just the symbol of Catholicism?
>>
>>52952021
Storm Wardens
>>
>>52952021
If you'll settle for regular CCWs or chainswords rather than power weapons you can run them as Carcharodons.
>>
>>52952058
>le ebin maymay face
>>>/1d4ddit/
>>
>>52950553
DIGGANOBZ
>>
File: em eff dubya ecks dee.jpg (40KB, 408x409px) Image search: [Google]
em eff dubya ecks dee.jpg
40KB, 408x409px
>>52952077
>>
>>52952047
That's the daemon's actual size. It got shorter when the planet exploded.
>>
>>52952052

Still waiting for legitimate proof on that one.
>>
File: 1493390120764.png (1MB, 635x857px) Image search: [Google]
1493390120764.png
1MB, 635x857px
>>52950801
>mfw
>>
>>52951642
>Tau blocked in by Nuperium's capital worlds and Necron empire

F
>>
>>52952067
yes, don't tell anyone
>>52952069
Do storm wardens have in-game chapter tactics?
>>52952073
Didn't think of Charcharodons. It would be pretty weird for them to be a successor but I guess it could work. The idea is that they are on a never ending crusade in the outer fringes of the galaxy, with the goal of conquering planets for the Imperium.
>>
>>52952021
Ideas for a name:

The Emperor's Retribution
Deliverers of Justice
Lightning Lions
>>
>>52952085
No, that's a human that thinks he's an Ork, it's the opposite of what he's asking.

>>52952091
See >>52951123
>>
File: 1493402576845.png (235KB, 1144x144px) Image search: [Google]
1493402576845.png
235KB, 1144x144px
>>52952091
Please don't cry, Stubbfag. Gorgutz polishes his skull pretty well.
>>
>>52951740
Imperial Guard provided we get Steel Legion plastics or similar. Otherwise I'll stick with my crons.
>>
>>52951740
stop shitposting
>>
Why couldn't we just get another Dark Crusade campaign?
>>
File: faciem meam.jpg (25KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
faciem meam.jpg
25KB, 480x712px
>>52952066
>>52952116
So glad i didn't buy this
>>
>>52952116
But but Relic said IG won on the forums. I swear!
>>
>>52952116
>Ork warboss gets bored and responds to this by reading a book

I find this hard to believe.
>>
>>52952116

Ayy Orks won for once!
>>
I mean use Carcharodons rules because every tac marine can take a CCW. I genuinely wouldn't recommend using them for fluff reasons. I doubt they've produced any successors because they've been on the periphery of the Imperium for ten millennia.
>>
>>52952154
He probably got a slave who knew.
>>
>>52951954
Damn 3rd ed was a long time ago now and that was my entry starter, and that took me a couple years saving but I loved my minis. I actually loved the lore more though, that 3rd ed rulebook is by far the one I have read most extensively.
>>
>>52952168
>>52952104
Missed your number anon my bad
>>
File: 1492882543500.jpg (145KB, 900x711px) Image search: [Google]
1492882543500.jpg
145KB, 900x711px
>>52952116
>Vect got defeated by an Ork

Buahahahaha
>>
>>52951941
>>52952186

Oops, wrong numbers... forgive this dumb idiot, Also many thanks for the link.
>>
What do you guys think of Text to Speech Device? I was thinking about watching it.
>>
>>52952186
3rd ed fluff and art is amazing yeah man.
>>
>>52952222
9/10 if you know a lot about the lore
4/10 if you're new to the franchise

I almost wish it had more influence on the actual canon
>>
>>52952235
It's that good?
>>
Gonna be fighting a Warlord Titan soon. Me (SM), and a Tau player are fighting up against it. 1500 points each.

I was thinking of running a Dreadnought heavy list, for that sweet S10 AP2. Any other list considerations?
>>
I can't fucking believe it

The Stubbs meme is fucking dead
>>
>>52952222
Its enjoyable, the non-canon and caricatured story thats developing is alright.

It got me to play 1ksons
>>
>>52950553
"hello son, welcome to the world, we are your parents!"
"da ell you umies on about, iz gonna stick yas *sticking sounds*. Now werez me dakka?"

They are born full grown and genetic intelligence is programmed into them. Thats also how mekboyz and mad doks and weirdboyz work. Every one in 1,000 or so boyz is born with all the knowledge they will ever need to be that profession. Programmed at the races conception.
>>
>>52952262
Good luck, dread is hitting it on sixes. Just give up if he's running a psi titan.
>>
>>52952222
0/10 if you know the lore, 5/10 if you're from reddit.
>>
>>52952262
loads of flyers. i think a warlord usually does not have something to engage flyers with
>>
>>52952227
It was just bursting at the seams with art and lore and it had pretty much every core army represented as well. It even had a bit on the RPG and how the warp would infest a psykers mind, turning them into a planetary killing bomb wiping out all life.
Considering they want a return to form, I have high hopes for 8th ed.
>>
>>52952250
It's good in the sense that it's funny, at times, but still holds true to most of the fluff and has a lot of jokes at the setting/writing
The Slaanesh special killed me at the end
>>
>>52952302
I'll certainly check it out, then.
>>
>>52952110
I like "The Emperor's Retribution"
>>
>>52952324
Remove 'The'
>>
>>52952216
>they added Vect in Soulstorm
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
So, it's been a minute since I played. Last I played was 3rd edition. I ran a Khrone rush army, an only boyz ork army, and a balanced Chaos army.

Has a lot changed? Is it worth dusting off the old minis and heading to the local game store? Will I get my shit rekt nowadays?
>>
>>52952339
I mean it could kind of work if they literally view themselves as the emperors retribution and refer to their chapter in the third person.
However, if you're going with a crusader aesthetic, why not "Crusaders of Retribution"?
>>
>>52952324
Thanks. I was going for some "bolt of divine retribution" imagery.
>>
File: psi-titan-weapon.jpg (66KB, 400x569px) Image search: [Google]
psi-titan-weapon.jpg
66KB, 400x569px
>>52952262
Does the warlord have this gun?
>>
>>52951137
>8ed is the base for AoS second edition
this so much

AOS was Beta test for 40K 8th and now they'll put out AOS 2nd with all the 40k 8th changes. Maybe even making the games fully compatible in the process.
>>
>>52952365
'Templars of Retribution?'
>>
>>52952380
99% sure it wont have that.
>>
>>52952403
"Templaris Typhaeon"
>>
>>52952395

They may keep AoS an entry game, so people can break into the format easier and graduate up onto 40K.
>>
>>52952353
Tell me about your chaos army dawg
>>
File: POOR LITTLE GUARD.jpg (459KB, 1322x1600px) Image search: [Google]
POOR LITTLE GUARD.jpg
459KB, 1322x1600px
>>52950553
>an Ork was raised from a very young age as if they were human

Even Ork yoofs could tear the arm off your average man and beat him to death with the soggy end. They're "born" with innate martial knowledge and a desire to dominate those around them.

You're not going to be able to rehabilitate an Ork, no matter how young you start.
>>
>>52951523
>Every faction is said to be playtested and balanced, and that this edition has been there most extensively play tested along with getting help from American gamers in the play testing. They also said every unit has been tested in battle.

AOS points balance is at best a 4/10 I really hope they stepped it up a notch for 40k 8th
>>
>>52952472
>S:3
>Ripping an arm off
>>
>>52952472
What if they were raised by a Worshipper of Khorne? Not that much different, but could lead to some humany-traits.
>>
>>52950905
It's almost the old 3-5 Ed. system. Everytime GW tries to make a really elaborate Magic of Psychic phase it ends up as far more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>Epilogue

>It drifted through the void, broken, scarred and shattered. A single shard of Acheron’s superstructure, the only piece to have returned to real space when the planet was annihilated. Its creators, deathless and eternal, were already aware of the fate that had befallen it. They had looked on, in silent, cold fury, as the lesser races had tampered with their carefully wrought designs.

>The cage was broken. The work of aeons was shattered.

>Someone would pay.

The last line really makes you think
>>
>>52951042
Basically it mean your Sorc is going to be the Heavy Weapons guy found in every other Marine squad. He just has a really funny Plasma Cannon strapped to his head.
>>
>>52952531
More like it really makes you stimk
>>
https://natfka.blogspot.de/2017/04/8th-edition-starter-set.html
>Each dex will get the special army wide rules, 6-12 relics, 6 warlord traits, and 6 psychic powers, only now it’s written that you can chose to ether select or roll on warlord/psychic charts. It will also contain full rules and points for all the old and new units in a given army, and special rules for things like warbands, campaigns, narrative missions and the like.
Well, now your warlord will act the same way every game if you want him to.
>Formations are back, but they cost points now, and so are decurons, but they will be a lot more flexible and take cues from their AoS counterparts.

Oh yeah, that guy hoping for plastic drones, it seems you got your wish.
>The starter set goes live the 17th and is going to be Death Guard Vs. Ultramarines, $120 box. Chaos gets a blob of cultists, a few terminators, a few plague marines, a lord, and drones. Loyalists get 2 tactical squads, a devastator, an assault squad, plus a librarian and a captain.
>>
>>52952443
Big ol demon prince for HQ, I'd have to go pull the list for specifics, but I know he was a beast the way he was set up. A squad of Terminators, 3 squads of Berzerkers in Rhinos, each with a champion and an axe of khorne, 3 Obliterators each as their own unit, a Defiler, A heavy troop with lascannon and heavy bolter, and a squad of bikes.

I have some demon stuff I'd run occasionally and a handful of Nurgle troops. A bunch of other misc stuff I never ran either, but that was what I usually ran in a 1750-2000 point game.
>>
>>52952426
>graduate up onto 40K.
>implying 40k 8th is appreciably more complex that AOS

buddy you're in for a shock, I know the AOS rules set inside out and from the teasers on the community site and what we know so far 40K 8th is AOS except with some very minor differences that were obviously things that they have listed to AOS people bitch out for the last two years.
>>
>>52952494
S3 covers a wide degree of strength. Malnourished conscripts are S3, so are unbelievably ripped Catachans who bench 400kg on their rest day.
>>
>>52952491
AoS points balance was an afterthought bolted on to the system. Plus, like AoS, 8th will have a General's Handbook with yearly points updates across the entire game. By that alone it should be the most balanced 40k has ever been even if there are issues at first.
>>
>>52951454
Where is this battle report, I must watch 8th ed
>>
>>52952564
Yeah, but 8E doesn't have double turns.

Thank fucking god.
>>
>>52952560
Berzerkers are shit in this edition by all accounts but I've never actually seen them fielded so some other anon can let you know. Bikes and termies sound alright. Only thing I can suggest is you take them to the store and take them for a whirl, mang.
>>
>>52952547
>blob of cultists
FUCK
THIS
SHIT
>>
>>52952633
If they're new sculpts I'm all for it, could do with some new recruits for the blob.
>>
>>52952587
It's not 8th ed anon. It's just today's Warhammer Live.
>>
Any anons going to wArhammer fest in may?
>>
>>52952506
You'd just end up with a corrupted Ork, Gork/Mork aren't really much different from Khorne in terms of the behaviour they desire from their worshippers. Keeps getting bigger until something kills it or it encounters proper Orks who rip it apart due to the Ork's inbuilt anti-corruption behaviours.

The Chaos gods don't seem particularly interested in Orks in general, Khornate Ork might get a horn or two but nothing spectacular. They're not going to waste boons on them if there are perfectly good humans to fuck with. Slaanesh seems straight up repulsed by them, only Nurgle really takes an interest but then Pappy loves all things sicken and die and even Orks qualify.

Might be slightly more obsessed with collecting skulls than a regular Ork but it's not like that isn't a pretty common hobby for Orks anyway.
>>
>>52951740
I have
>2 marine armies
>tau
>necrons
>orks
>alpha legion chaos
>admech

I have no allegiance. Also send help.
>>
File: IMG_3382.jpg (146KB, 1024x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3382.jpg
146KB, 1024x602px
>>52952652
Probably gonna be these guys from the DG reveal trailer. You can see two variants there.

Here's hoping they release fully modular plastic kits for Death Guard and their minions like the Thousand Sons got last year and we're not just limited to snap fit garbage.
>>
>>52952506
You can't raise an Ork man. They are born fully grown and hard-coded with all the basic Ork stuff, more so if they are a Mek or a Dok. He'd try to krump ya' immediately.
>>
>>52950580
I think this is actually a pretty common sentiment around here now. There's generally a sense of cautious optimism. Mostly because 7th is so bad we can only go up from here.
>>
>>52952671
I feel sorry for your wallet
>>
bring psychic powers back to

lil zap
tickle daemons/psykers a bit
give temporary close combat boosts to psyker (who is shit at cc)
always on powers like warp field, warlock powers
>>
>>52952547
>2 tactical squads, a devastator, an assault squad, plus a librarian and a captain
jesus christ how much is this starter set going to cost?
>>
>>52952680
I think that if the AoS starter is any indication, they'll be mostly monopose but with full proper kits coming out soon afterwards.
>>
>>52950580
I think AOS is a pretty poor game, but 7th is a sin against game design so I'm not weeping for it.
>>
>>52952667
I'm just interested in how Ork kultur and psychology develop. Wouldn't mind thinking of a way to create good Orks, Uruk-like Orks, or even psychologically humanlike Orks.

Really I just want the possibility of Imperium-aligned Orks.
>>
>>52952703
$120
>>
>>52952703
Probably about the same as Burning of
Prospero? It's a pretty similar model count just with some extra chaff in the form of the cultists.
>>
>>52952707
I hope to god. We never got proper Chosen and Cultist kits in 6e so we'll have to see.
>>
>>52952715
orks have existed for tens of millions of years and they've stayed the same after they became "feral" when the old ones were wiped out

there can be some weird orks but they will never last or spread to the next generation on their own
>>
File: 1493250858102.jpg (7KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1493250858102.jpg
7KB, 250x228px
I just know in my fucking bones that Orks will still be shit

Other races will be flying around doing multiple damage and mortal wounds out the ass, and orks will be stuck being shit as ever
>>
Was information on the psychic phase released? I cant find it on the community or main sites
>>
>>52952666
Some of the /hhg/ anons are going.
>>
>>52952715
Hire some Blood-axes then. Otherwise you'd need genetic engineering to alter the spores while at the same time inhibing their growth. In the end you'd either get a lab full of Orks or waste massive resources building objectively inferior Orks.
>>
pro-tip, don't strip kromlech minis in denatured alcohol. The resin was all bendy, and broke in some areas. :(
>>
>>52952633
Can always sell the pays you don't want.
Deepening in the sculpts I might buy some.
>>
>>52952741
I guess my dream of Ork Spacemarines was never going to happen
>>52952752
Yeah, i guess.
>>
>>52952472
I bet baby gretchen, AKA snotlings, could be used by humans, though.
>>
Did 8th show up because SoB are too overpower for GW?

They totally reckt Tzeench demons while using a horrible list.
>>
>>52952757
dont strip resin in alchohol period

use mean green or something
>>
>>52952715
It's printed into their genes at a fundamental level.

An Ork that was grown in complete isolation would still behave like an Ork.

In terms of Imperium-aligned Orks, isolated/unscrupulous Imperial Governors hire Ork mercenaries when they can't get Spehs Muhreens or Guard to solve their problems.

Doesn't usually end well but there's bound to be exceptions where Humans and Orks have developed an uneasy working relationship.
>>
>>52952742

At least you don't have a rules writer who is committed to making sure no Tyranid player ever has fun again. Orks are shit because no one cares about them at GW and they just lazily copy-paste rules, Nids have a dedicated saboteur.
>>
>>52952747
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/28/new-warhammer-40000-psychic-phase/
>>
>>52952547
I may be really interested in this box if the ultramarines don't have/don't have too many ultramarines icons and blings, so that I can convert it in a better chapter

And this rumor must be also true,
obviously
>>
>>52952747
You didn't look well apparently
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/28/new-warhammer-40000-psychic-phase/
>>
>>52952742
I'm alright with factions being shit, as long as they are costed accordingly. 2pt orc boys for everyone.
>>
>>52952547

>Tau are going to get 6 psychic powers

Really makes you think
>>
>>52952686
He is fine, I love to collect armies and games that GW axed.
>>
>>52952686
meh a unit a month for 20 years isnt bank breaking.
>>
>>52952779
Pretty sure they're unbelievably vicious despite their size and subserveince to Orks. Like 'gouge-your-eyes-out-while-you-sleep-for-laughs' vicious. They're still feral bioweapons at the end of the day.
>>
>>52952807
Necrons to.
>>
>>52951095
random turn always fucks me over royally
>>
How heretekal would it be to paint rusted and worn admech gear?
>>
>>52952807
This replaces nova reactors and other battlesuit abilities.
>>
>>52952715
Yarrick is proof that Orks can grow to admire/fear specific humans who impress them. I could see an eccentic Ork who worked for Rogue Trader who impressed the hell out of him for example. Doesn't mean he's going to start praising the Emperor.
>>
>>52952836
worn, maybe not heretical
allowing the foul corruption of rust to form on the holy body of the machine?
heresy of the utmost kind
>>
File: IMG_1115.jpg (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1115.jpg
77KB, 800x600px
>>52952145

>Orks proven best race
>IG fags so buttblasted they shit on the game itself

Get rekt
>>
File: 1374795677344.jpg (56KB, 483x520px) Image search: [Google]
1374795677344.jpg
56KB, 483x520px
>>52952547

>with a couple of fluff pieces talking about how the galaxy got ripped in half and how all the marines got taller.
>>
File: 1477509038299.jpg (49KB, 632x775px) Image search: [Google]
1477509038299.jpg
49KB, 632x775px
>>52952803
>Not only is your army shit, but you have to buy 5 times as many models as anyone else
>>
>>52952866
>how all the marines got taller

This better be a meme.
>>
>>52952116

IG PLAYERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>52952547
>Cheap plague terminators

I knew the good Lord left me with an empty Elite slot in my 30k DG for a reason. I hope we get a multi-part plague marine kit soon, I need 10 MkIII dudes and mixing them with BoP suits should give an even spread of corruption.
>>
>>52952787
Orks are somewhat imitative, as seen with the bloodaxes, they'll dress up and put on a weird pantomime of the structure of other forces if their leader happens to like that particular style, but no matter what, it's always orky.
>>
>>52952547

>They want new players to feel less intimidated by the dense lore and setting, but want to keep returning players invested in the storyline. Black library is going to do a soft reboot for some of the new 40k lore books, with a gimmicky “New Warhammer” type flagship launch to, as I said before, laydown a ground floor for the upcoming 8th edition.

So this is why they are phasing out the Space Marine chapters to be replaced by Guilliman's NuMarines
>>
>>52952898
This is what I'm gonna do too man, pretty hype. Might even pick up a Blightkings box for extra bits.
>>
So I bought my second IK today. How do we think they'll end up in 8e?
>>
>>52952775
That wouldn't work even with a cooperative ork. It doesn't even work on humans with vaginas. You can't just space marine anything you like.

Also it's heresy.
>>
>>52952936
Man I don't even have any interest in playing Death Guard but it's so nice to see the other cult legions will be getting the same treatment (model wise) as my Thousand Sons.
>>
>>52952936
I hope the kit comes with a ton of those old style MkII helmets as well. I need like 30, since I want to make an old school DG army (MkIII with MkII helmets and MkIV with MkIII helmets, all with nice big spikes on top).
>>
>>52952966
Over ten strength and 20+ wounds
>>
>>52951642
So Tau are about to have a hard time
>>
>>52952819
Oh they are straight up little Damiens, the only thing that helps with overwhelming sense of your own inferiority is taking it out on the smaller/weaker/unsuspecting.

The bloodymindedness of orks, filtered though creativity and cowardice.
>>
File: IMG_0832.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0832.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
Just painted my first miniature. Thoughts?
>>
File: grammar-nazi-suicide-o.gif (669KB, 319x179px) Image search: [Google]
grammar-nazi-suicide-o.gif
669KB, 319x179px
>>52952671
You have become tainted by Xenos.

You know what must be done.
>>
>>52952547
So dumb down the lore because the kids can't read 3 decades worth of lore?

Do we have weaker and stupider children today? What is this faggot shit? I don't want another war to fix this faggy mes
>>
File: 1445954346836.png (121KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1445954346836.png
121KB, 300x300px
>>52953014

>Tau having a hard time
>ever
>>
>be imperial guard fan
>my guy Creed is gone
>my favorite vidya meme character Stubbs is a fraud
>my fantasy counterpart and its setting got squatted and the whole army turned into Sigmarine's bitchboys and janitors

Holy fucking shit. Fuck you, GW.
>>
>>52953031
Need Duncan's tutelage, my man.
>>
>>52953048
Fair enough. I've honestly never painted anything before this, and I KNOW I fucked up the eyes. Still, not too unhappy considering I just learned the basics 2 days ago.
>>
>>52953046
>be imperial guard fan
>sustain heavy losses
>soldier on regardless

You need to git gud, trooper. Report to your commissar.
>>
File: Boss_Snikrot.jpg (444KB, 800x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Boss_Snikrot.jpg
444KB, 800x1046px
>>52952908
I want to make a really human Ork army. Like the ones in Deff Skwadron.

Not until they update the minis tho. Once I can get Boyz that look like Snikrot, I'll happily spend converting with all my IG bits. Orks just look better without the gorilla pose and with big ears.
>>
Since there isn't the cap at 10 anymore, would the Dreadnought CCW turn their strength into S12?
>>
>>52953031
It's tiny, sidweways and only 1/15th of the picture is the actual model.
>>
>>52953074
probably
>>
>>52953067
Some people want to pretend to be one. No need to actually soldier them up becaue GW is incompetent

Don't worry little zoats you'll get 8th edition rules
>>
>>52953031
THIN YOUR PAINTS
>>
>>52953046
>my guy Creed is gone

And nothing of value was lost.

Now, if only they could clone Macharius or something... I'd be fine with even an albino afriel strain one.
>>
>>52953071
>upated minis

Consider getting the new Bloodbowl Ork models. Give them some wrist-mounted guns or the like and they'd look fine as Boyz for only slightly more money.
>>
File: wew lad.png (82KB, 736x627px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
82KB, 736x627px
>>52953046

>we have Sturnn, Merrick, Castor
>you fell for the Stubbs meme
>>
>>52953074
Quick, what's 6*2?
>>
>>52953031
>http://gravengames.co.uk/stripping-paint-from-warhammer-and-other-miniatures-using-dettol/
>>
>>52953071
How are they "Human"?

That's just Orks being Orks.

Personally I use my IG bits for the grits, helmets, caps pistols and backpacks fit them perfect.
And Heavy weapons teams make for decent Big Gunz stand ins.
>>
How do Space Marines get supplies?
>>
>>52953116
Sturnn also died to Gorgutz if the shitty novel is to be believed.
>>
>>52953129
Via drop pods, aerial supply drops, teleportation, etc.
>>
>>52953115
This anon has the right idea. Also Brutes from AoS look good as nobz or meganobz if you convert their weapon arms.
>>
>>52953031
Is that a fucking cardboard pallete? If you don't want to use a wet one, and least use plastic.

Also, don't post models on /tg, people will shit all over them.
>>
>>52953071
>Orks just look better without the gorilla pose and with big ears.
>converting with all my IG bits

Are you sure you dont' want to be playing IG?
Or Renegades?
>>
>>52953122
>>
>>52953139
No I meant like how they get supplies in general.
>>
I hope they make a new Abaddon model, his old one is looking a little... Dated.
>>
>>52953129
Chapters are given worlds in fief, they draw resources and initiates from the,
>>
>>52953157
Chapter forges and forge worlds/industrial worlds with orders to supply them with stuff they need.
>>
>>52953165
Lets see, abaddon was released around 97?
When were the last SoB released?
>>
>>52953106
>Creed goes

Then sells out in on GW store, it's almost like people forgot he was a model.
>>
>>52953115
Yeah I'm tempted to do this.

I'm holding off due to 8th ed but if there's no sign of Orks within the year I'll get the Bloodbowl Orcs and take a saw and greenstuff to them.

Good thing about Orks is they're easy as shit to do quite radical conversions on without it looking like shit, because Ork tech is supposed to be covered in crap spot-welding and random gubbins.
>>
>>52953171
>>52953179
I have a friend that says they do "missions" for people like mercenaries and get stuff like that.
>>
>>52953127
The Warboss is walking around dressed more like an Imperial Guard commander than a regular Ork warboss.

The flyboyz are all wearing aviator caps and WW2 pilot jumpsuits.

They're obviously Blood Axes and thus, pretty human by Ork standards.
>>
File: 1407611951304.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1407611951304.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>>52951740
Woooh weee. Can't wait to run my Necron/Tau list that will totally be legal because Grand Alliances for 40k are a real thing and not just the shitpost of the year all years.
>>
>>52953188
No one cares about the Shitsters of Bitchle.
>>
>>52953208
He's full of shit.

Not even renegades do that.
>>
>>52953225

The Kromlech SS German Orks are pretty awesome!
>>
Wonder if Forgeworld will release cheaper books as well
>>
>>52953208
they sometimes do depending on how desparate they are
a chapter that isn't as well supplied may need to exchange their services to the mechanicus to replace power armor that has been recently lost, for example
>>
>>52953228
Like no one cares for 'you'
>>
>>52953242
>forgeworld
>cheaper anything
lmao
>>
What if Yarrick kills Mag Uruk and becomes a Warboss somehow?
>>
>>52953242
I hope so, I suspect that they will since forgeworld units are getting official rules in their respective codices iirc
>>
File: 1487460094735.png (442KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487460094735.png
442KB, 700x500px
>>52953225
So do real flyboy models.

There also Kromlech and other Third party stuff if you want Uniformed Orks.
>>
>>52953208
Tell your friend to provide written evidence of this claim.

Marine chapters control entire planets, they got all the resources they need. And as a military arm of the Imperium, Imperial factories are obligated to provide them with goods. Fleet chapters might have a tougher time, but even they can set up missions on planets to gather tithes and recruits, as well as rely more on 3rd party production of goods.

There's no money exchanging hands here and no case of bolters as payment for securing a planet. They're mandated by the Emperor to protect the Imperium and asking them to pay is asking the Emperor to pay for your services.
>>
>>52953260
See >>52950532, and enjoy screaming in agony while the rest of us laugh at your squatted army.
>>
>>52953271
What if a monkey crawled up your ass and played a fiddle while wearing you as a suit?
>>
>>52953277
I do, he gets upset at me and says I'm wrong and the lore can be whatever because apparently everything is propaganda.
>>
>>52953295
It'd be pretty funny.
>>
>>52950905
It's not stellar but vastly better than the abortion we have now
>>
>>52953305

Yeah, that's a part of the lore to write your own chapter.
>>
>>52953295
That monkey would be playing him like a damn fiddle.
>>
>>52953305
Wave him off, he's obviously not worth discussing lore with.
>>
File: 1428436861794.jpg (221KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1428436861794.jpg
221KB, 1024x1024px
After hearing about the new edition coming out, I was tempted to come back and play. Are things looking better for Tyranids and Necrons or is it going to be another edition of me getting laughed off the table by everything but Ork lists?
>>
>>52953339
It's not out yet.
>>
>>52953277
>they're mandated by the emperor to protect the imperium
but you forget that they're not part of the imperium's government. Technically, space marines can choose to accept or deny to accept a request, they are rarely "ordered". Smaller successor chapters that might be fleet based and have a small range of recruiting planets may need to work with other entities to secure resources. They don't act as mercenaries per say, but the mechanicus doesn't give away supplies to anyone for free, not even space marines, and they may need to do something for the mechanicus to get it.
>>
>>52953339
we dont know, its not out yet. Sounds promising though.

Necron can hold their own pretty well in 7th
>>
File: 1492695459909.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492695459909.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>>52953339
> Are things getting better for Necrons

God I hope not
>>
>>52953305
I think your friend is carnac.
>>
>>52953339
No one knows yet but assault looks much better than before and the fact that everyone is getting a full rework of their rules means the current power levels will be completely revamped or at least the current gap will be lessened.
>>
>>52951334
>These communists need to move to China.
They would be fans of the Tau I guess.
>>
>>52953339
When have the Necrons ever been laughed off the table by anything less than Tau and Eldar?
>>
File: 1490404406461.jpg (448KB, 738x949px) Image search: [Google]
1490404406461.jpg
448KB, 738x949px
>>52953366
I wonder...

Is your friend a massive Taufag?
>>
>>52953321
>>52953329
He keeps telling me its more about the table top and about "Your guys" and stuff. How the Black Templars are the best chapter because they don't "follow the rules".
>>
>>52951238
We wait until they release more information, but most likely it will comeback in 9ed
>>
>>52953398
As said
>Wave him off, he's obviously not worth discussing lore with.
>>
>>52953031
I like the color scheme, but the paint does need thinning.
>>
File: 4ac.jpg (72KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
4ac.jpg
72KB, 621x621px
>>52953398
>>
>>52953046
You forgot:
>Pask is cruising in the Baneblade he said he'd never use

We got, what? Two heroes left?
>>
>>52953277
Irrc, the Mechanicum is required to provide resources. And Planetary Governors often give resources as gifts/bribes not official payments.

A lot of chapter worlds are feudal/feral and have absolutely no way of providing resources to a chapter other than neophytes.
>>
>>52953418
The problem is less the base, and more that I used a wash without enough prep beforehand. The paints were thinned pretty well- in fact, on the grey parts, I overthinned it a bit, and then put on a second coat, which frankly didn't look great.
>>
>>52953274
I would but the only place to play locally is the GW store, the current manager is cool but they change managers more often than I do underwear bi-monthly and I don't want to spend money on an army I might not be able to use if one of them decides non-GW minis are verboten.
>>
File: 1478717250164.jpg (255KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1478717250164.jpg
255KB, 1280x1122px
>>52953355
>>52953369
I thought there was some spoilers for what stuff is going to be able to do. Was I misinformed?

>>52953394
It's all that everyone except for the two guys playing GK and Orks runs.
>>
>>52951259
Because like 3ed this is dumbed down edition, we will have to wait until 9 to GW truly decide what direction will the game take, meanwhile we shit post about how the combat phase will evolve
>>
File: Torchstar.png (1MB, 1024x1429px) Image search: [Google]
Torchstar.png
1MB, 1024x1429px
>>52953397
Pyro-Tau best girl
>>
>>52953409
>>52953427
No get this, apparently I'm wrong that I think Space Marines should act like Space Marines and not perfect OC's with meta level knowledge about how the Imperium is "bad".
>>
>>52953433
>We got, what? Two heroes left?
Marbo pls come back. ;_;
>>
>>52953449
4 marine profiles
3 marine weapons
general shape of movement and psychic phase.
>>
>>52953433
Stracken, Marbo, Yarrick, And... Chenkov? Is that all we got?
>>
>>52951954
If you buy them secondhand, then you aren't buying out the stock of metal sisters, are you?
>>
File: 1491501065417.gif (2MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1491501065417.gif
2MB, 400x226px
>>52953463
Is your friend actually autistic? Space marines should think that the Imperium is bad? What the fuck?
>>
>>52953359
>you forget that they're not part of the imperium's government.

They're still under the Emperor, and the Emperor made them to protect the Imperium. That's why Girlyman didn't allow Marines to have a seat in the High Lords, because they're there to protect, not rule.

>space marines can choose to accept or deny to accept a request, they are rarely "ordered".

High Lords are there to command in the Emperor's name and Inquisition was given a mandate by the Emperor to protect the Imperium. Both have a slip of paper from the boss, just like Marines do, so after that it becomes a dick measuring contest on who gets to do what, and often High Lords and the Inquisition have a bigger dick and any one Marine chapter. Of course the High Lords and Inquisition are very busy to micromanage every chapter, so more often than not the call comes from a lower rung on the ladder, which is easier to ignore. But ignoring the request for aid also raises suspicion and the attention of the upper rungs.

>need to work with other entities to secure resources

And they work by protecting the Imperium. Just like a planet is not paid for its tithe, it's just taken from them as a tax for the Imperium's protection the continued rule of the governor. A Marine chapter does not have a bookkeeper sitting there, crunching the budget. They get what they need in exchange for their continued service to the Emperor and the Imperium.

>the mechanicus doesn't give away supplies to anyone for free

Of course not, they give them as their payment to the Imperium for protection, materials, etc.
>>
>>52953463
And now I see why they two of you have noone else to talk Warhammer with.

AUTISM HINT: WE GET IT, MOVE ON.
>>
Are there any audiobooks about the Carcharodons?

I want to read more about them but I'm lazy.
>>
>>52953398
To be fair to your friend Black Templars, and most fleet based chapters, do work in a kind of mercenary way since they dont have a world to call their own or ties to a particular Forge World they probably do ask the local forge world/hive city that they just helped to aid them in their resupply, if not after the crusade than later as they also build Chapter Keeps in the planet they just crusaded on to act as a chain of supply for future crusades. The case of payment would be even more necessary if the Crusade in question didnt bring a Forge-ship.
>>
>>52953471
Al'rachem?
>>
File: 1492361965702.png (1MB, 1334x503px) Image search: [Google]
1492361965702.png
1MB, 1334x503px
who else is ready for a crossover game mode where you can bring your AOS squats into the game with 40k 8th armies?
>>
>>52953500
They want Space Marines with "common sense" and I want Space Marines that have been indoctrinated at a young age to serve the Emperor and the Imperium of Man without complaining all the time that the universe sucks.
>>
>>52953545

Who is getting power armour next? Skeletons and Zombies? Elves?
>>
>>52953513
Pretty sure the new book is the only one. The other stuff on them is all in the FW Badab War books.
>>
>>52953446
>absolutely no way of providing resources to a chapter other than neophytes

Just because the society of a planet is primitive doesn't mean the chapter can't set up mines and plants with more advanced tech and smarter people on top to oversee the operations. You think your average Mechanicum factory or mine has smart, able people working every position? Besides, mining isn't high-tech, we've been doing it for thousands of years.
>>
>>52953545
God damn I love the top hat, monocle, and mustache guns so much. One dapper motherfucker.
>>
File: 146536709467.jpg (208KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
146536709467.jpg
208KB, 1191x670px
>>52953500
Frankly I prefer the idea that the Astartes remember the Imperial Truth and are disgusted at how the Imperium has turned out, like the Sisters of Silence in the Beast novels.

It'd make for tension between them and the Ecclesiarchy, on one hand you've got a bunch of atheists running around in your religious empire, refusing to worship the Big E and undermining your dogma, on the otherhand said atheists are also your god's sons and you've built them up to be religious icons so you can't just order the sororitas to purge them.
>>
>>52953545
> Boss! Doze Stunties is flyin!
> Now dat's just cheatin'! Good fing we have a dis dakka!

> 3 weeks later "Flyswatta da Fancyhatted" ravages the northern arm of the galaxy, bringing together a new Waaagh the likes of which the galaxy has never seen.
>>
File: SS_SoW_Deathrattle1.jpg (114KB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
SS_SoW_Deathrattle1.jpg
114KB, 500x676px
>>52953562
Skeletons are next
>>
>>52953594
>>52953606
We could all use more gentlemanly haberdashery in our lives.
>>
>>52953573
>the new book

Red Tithe? I managed to read the Badab War stuff, but it had pictures so it was ok.
>>
>>52953619
That looks like regular armor, but k
>>
>>52953046
>>52953433
>>52953471
Creed is still alive.
Trazyn scooped him up.
>>
>>52953398
There are a few Chapters who might do things in a rather mercenary manner. Although it's more likely they'll show up, help the locals and then demand supplies rather than it being a formal negotiation ahead of time. Also there are Chapters that are reduced to pretty shady practices for various reasons. Scythes of the Emperor are reduced to scavenging most of their gear for example. Often this kind of thing ends up leading a chapter to go renegade.

Cut your friend some slack. His guys aren't typical for the fluff but the galaxy is a big place and there are some weird chapters out there.
>>
>>52953622
He is Mr Monopoly
>>
>>52953603
>can't just order the sororitas to purge them
There's also the little issue of them being utterly inferior to Marines in actual combat and once word got out that the ecclesiarchy again took a step too far they'd get BTFO so hard that even Sebastian Thor would blush.
>>
>>52953660
Yeah, but him in Trazyn are gonna be in a game of 4 dimensional chess for the next three years.
>>
>>52953625
Yup. That one.
>>
>>52953660

You know there is going to be a fun super mind games book about him escaping.
>>
>>52953699
I guess your right. It is a big galaxy and who knows what goes on in it.
>>
>>52951454

What the fuck is that Sisters list or did they just not lost special weapons? Also, I love that they included the only 2 forgeworld options, one of which isn't even available anymore.
>>
>>52953603
Iron Hands believe in the Imperial truth in the 41st millennium.
>>
>>52953619

I guess when you posted this you thought it was hilarious epic meme status.

It isn't.
>>
>>52953585
This. Chapters have Servitors for labor. Space Woofs have a Feral World and they obviously produce their own shit.
>>
>>52953545
I'd suffer the rest of the steam punk nonsense but god damn that top hat and monocle is the stupidest fucking thing that GW has put on a model.
>>
So, pink horrors are going to be exactly like AoS, right? Since that's what geedubs has been doing with daemons since forever. That means they'll get a shitty shooting attack and then be a psyker that can cast smite so they will be 100% unplayable when the rule of 1 lands.
>>
>>52953784
It looks like a character from a shitty version of those popular MOBE games you'd see advertised in a banner ad.
>>
>>52953784
I think the Kharadons are okay, but the tophat and and monocle really do push it into cogfop territory.
>>
>GW gives psykers shooty spell so each can do something instead of sitting around while other psykers cast spells
>"muh only one spell per turn"

Are you people fucking retarded?
>>
>>52953803
Well, it's that or have Pink Horrors be doing mortal wounds, which I would want to avoid from a game design perspective. I would have them not be psykers at all, and just give them decent shooting and the ability to deny.
>>
>>52953803
There usually isn't rule parity between systems. Just model parity. There's also no guarantee we'll get the first rule of one in 40k. That was a bandaid to cut off some of the truly stupid shit in open AoS.
>>
>>52953784
>>52953858
Well it's only one model and easy to convert.
>>
>>52953585
That's kind of dumb. I prefer space Marines as questing knights not mine/forge adminastrators.

I guess chapter serfs could do everything.
>>
>>52953720
Depends who the High Lords back. If they wanted rid of the Astartes, the marines would be fucked. Even just the Sororitas orders outnumber them massively, let alone the Guard.

The War of the Beast shows that the human leadership of the Imperium isn't really that comfortable with the Astartes running around, they suffer them to exist because they need them.
>>
>>52953907
Some are. Fleet based chapters in particular. There are lots of different types of Marines.
>>
File: rules of 1.png (164KB, 529x349px) Image search: [Google]
rules of 1.png
164KB, 529x349px
>>52953869
>Are you people fucking retarded?
I would bet money that the three rules of 1 get incorporated into 40k 8th

pic related
>>
>>52953930
First one would make 1ksons pointless.
>>
>>52953930
They already said psykers will be able to cast a power for every mastery level they have.
>>
>>52953930
They explicitly stated that they wanted psychic phase to scale well as you increase number of units. What part of you being able to cast six spells at max is scalable, you infinitely dense motherfucker?
>>
>>52953858
>>52953892

I like some of the airships honestly, especially seeing people paint them up already in something other than brass tones. That one dude though just rubs me like some deviant art tier OC DO NOT STEAL shit.
>>
>>52953930
2nd and 3rd will. 1st is questionable. It could happen, but I certainly don't see it as a given, particularly since they bothered to give every psyker on the game smite.
>>
>>52953907
>not mine/forge adminastrators

You think ever Marine chapter ship has a Marine commanding it? You think every chapter monastery gun battery has a Marine as the sergeant-at-arms commanding their fire?

No! Marines have an entire planet to themselves. They can appoint who ever they want to do their shit. Take any governor of an Imperial world and replace it with a Marine chapter. That's the situation here. The governor doesn't personally micromanage everything, he has local doing it for him.
>>
>>52952633
This wont be normanormal cultists, think more like the bird ones from the thousand son, but since this are nurgle ones they'll get better rules than bird people
>>
>>52953930
>>52953965
Yeah. It makes sense to introduce Smite as a default thing. You only need 5 on 2d6, so it's easy to cast. If it dishes out wounds in general, then that makes it good both against squads and single models, though it's still relatively short ranged and only targets the nearest squad, so it isn't possible to snipe and get the best value all the time.

Most often, it'll be on par with a flamer, just blasting away at the chaff that the enemy ran towards your psychic unit. Sometimes, it'll be really good and shave wounds off of elites with no saves though. But since such squads are getting more wounds to compensate, it won't be quite as devastating there either.

I think it's going to be similar to psychic shriek, but just more generic.
>>
>>52953962
>psykers will be able to cast a power for every mastery level they have
AOS has this already too and the rule still applies so that you can't cast the same unique spell more than once per turn. So to get off more psychic powers you have to have different units with access to different powers to cast instead of stacking the same unit over and over.
>>52953965
>wanted psychic phase to scale well as you increase number of units
even with the rule of 1 it wouldn't be terrible and it cuts down on spamming the same unit over and over.

also guys realize that the new Tzeentch codex in AOS gave 3 psychic disciplines with 6 spells each that any Tzeench psyche can pick any spell from so you will not be in a situation where you have no psychic posers to use because youll have as many options as you could hope for.

you just wont be able to cast the same psychic power more than once per turn.
>>
What're the odds that GW takes their Bonesplitters™ and gives us some cyboar riders? I need a tide of green cavalry.
>>
>>52953986
>give every psyker on the game smite
AOS literally has the same thing except its called "arcane bolt" not "smite. Every psycher in the game knows "arcane bolt" in addition to any other spells they have access to.
>>
seriously dissapointed that they are removing the depth from 40k. i know you lot are happy, but theyre taking it way too far just to appease the stock holders.
>>
>>52954050
Oh that would be cool. regular cultists just seemed a bit dull for a nurgle vs ultras starter box
>>
>>52954062
It sounds like Ahriman will thus be the exception to the rule, thanks to his black staff.
>>
>>52953743

Yeah, the list isn't very complete, but there was definitely special weapons.

The sisters player did remarkably well considering the list and the list he was facing.
>>
>>52954098
>bloated shit rules equals depth
based nidleaf shitposter
>>
>>52952680
>"Oh, what a day... what a rotten day!"
>>
>>52953870
They have to target the closest thing with smite, so it's not that bad. However, the alternative is more unplayable units.

>>52953883
Models between systems for daemons have slowly gotten uniform over the years. I'm expecting BS4+ horrors with a single S3 Ap- shot and a level 1 psyker that gets neutered by >>52953930
>>
>>52954087
Yeah, but AoS also has less of a focus on shooting and ranged attacks, right? 40k can afford to have every psyker on the table blasting away with magic every turn, since they'll be doing that instead of shooting with guns.

Any psyker unit is probably going to do about as much damage as a squad with a flamer and meltagun for about the same cost.
>>
>>52954098
40k has no depth, just monotonous table checking.
>>
>>52954104
I wouldn't count on it Nagash (pic) can attempt 8 psychic powers per turn with +3 modifiers

he is screwed by the rules of 1
>>
>>52954098

>depth
>>
>>52954006

A lot of the menial chapter tasks are done by failed recruits, like guys who didn't make the cut, or whose implants failed partway through the augmentation process, that sort of thing.
>>
>>52954098
Please enlighten us as to the depth that they are removing. What specific rule-reveals do you dislike?

Personally, I'm happy with most of what's been shown. I'm a bit dubious of the new casting mechanics and mortal wounds, but am withholding judgement until we see more info on it (what the other powers look like, what an actual psyker unit's abilities are, etc.). I'm neutral on the template thing. Meanwhile I'm totally in favor of the changes to armor, movement, replacing factions with more generic FOCs, making melee more strategic and so on. On the hype-o-meter, I'd say I'm somewhere between "moderately hyped" and "cautiously optimistic".
>>
>>52954168
As opposed to monotonous warscroll checking because nothing is standardised. Stop deluding yourself; the game is changing, but it isn't getting any less bloated.
>>
>>52954208
pic
>>
>>52954140
>AoS also has less of a focus on shooting and ranged attacks, right?

lmfao that's hilarious. AOS is, shit you not, 100% a shooting game where melee armies struggle in the meta to be competitive.
>>
>>52954233
That's a big base.
>>
>>52954098
uwotm8
Most of what's been removed was pretty janky shit. Most of the changes so far seem pretty balanced while being just as deep as 7E shit.
>>
>>52953273
I hope they fucking do that for AoS, I want my Chaos Dwarfs to be acknowledged god damn it
>>
>>52954219
Aren't they thrall? I seem to remember reading somewhere marines who failed their implantation process being referred to as thralls, to differentiate them from regular human serfs and servitors.

I actually was thinking of making a thrall/serf unit for my 30k Legion using Militia rules. Maybe the Abhuman Helot provenance to give them T4 to signify their elevated status thanks to some of the organs in them, and use Grenadier units for 4+ armour and access to bolters and plasma guns.
>>
>>52954208
Of course with Nagash, his rules were written before the rule of one was introduced, and while I'm not too familiar with AoS I hear that Death is famously unsupported.
>>
>>52954336
>Aren't they thrall?
depends upon the chapter probably. Blood Angels and Space Wolves have a low survival rate for their gene seed candidates so I doubt they have thralls running things
>>
File: taboo1.png (626KB, 1905x1048px) Image search: [Google]
taboo1.png
626KB, 1905x1048px
>>52954291
>>
>>52954336

Could be, I don't know if they have different names, I just remember that most recruits don't make it all the way to space marine, but not all of them die.
>>
>>52951926
He's just made a huge mistake. But he was always loyal
>>
>>52954398
Unsupported is an euphemism
They "squatted" one of the Fantasy army that compose Death (there are still the rules, but the fact that there aren't anymore the models means that unless they make a great release with a ton of models there will never be new and update rules for them), and while the other factions have received at least 3 books for the various armies inside the alliance, Death only received the Flesheater Courts one
However, since there are new skeletons models soon to be released, even if only for a boxed game >>52953619 we can at least hope that soon there will be a new army book for them
>>
I want to play Deathwing with Grey Knights allies, how much of an absolute madman am I?
>>
>>52954552
Not at all. I've seen it done and it's alright. It really suffers in anti-tank outside of melee
>>
>>52952742
>Other races will be flying around doing multiple damage and mortal wounds out the ass, and orks will be stuck being shit as ever

Now now, I have no doubt that Orks will be tossing out Mortal Wounds left right and centre to themselves
>>
>>52954788
Mortal wounds are a stealth buff to orks and nids who already have bad saves and (next to) no invulnerable saves anyway.
>>
>>52951724
>guilliman has worked with the priesthood of mars to create new marines

Why? please just let it be rapid induction stuff, super space marines would just be retarded.
>>
>>52952865
I play guard in 40k, but Armageddon I'm an Ork's Ork!

I just like outnumbering my opponents, really. And right now in 40k the 5ppm rapid-rank-firing BS3 I3 5+ guardsmen are just better AND cheaper than the 6ppm orks in every way except ballistic skill.

But Armageddon Orks are fun.
>>
>>52954788
>>52954825
Yeah. Orks and Nids don't have Invulns saves now. Why do they care if the new thing ignores armor and invuln saves? Everything AP 2 was already annoying enough
>>
>>52954788

>Mob Rule: Whenever a unit with the Ork keyword fails a Battleshock test, double the number of models removed as the Orks get into a brawl over whose fault it was they lost (they're really fired up!)
>>
>>52954404

blood angels wean off massive numbers of people during their inspection.

their geneseed implantation is also relatively painless, its just that they face attrition from the black rage
>>
>>52954837
So we got the guard, then we got the elit guard stormtroopers, then we got the elite elite space marines, then theirs the elite elite elite deathwatch and the elite elite elite Grey Knights...then we got the elite elite elite elite Custodes and THEN were going to get elite elite elite elite elite space marines?

Is their anyone left in GW who isn't an spec-ops fetishist?
>>
>>52954936
The guillimarines are either going to be new Elite Honor guard, basically on par with Deathwatch, or they're going to special Rowboat Custodes, likely weaker than normal custodes but still better than any marine, just with lower numbers.

>Is their anyone left in GW who isn't an spec-ops fetishist?

Whoever makes stuff for Tau. They only get less and less elite stuff since their giant robots have become so commonly spammed.
>>
>>52952633
Chaos and Cultists were made for each other
You. Will. Never. Get. Rid. Of. Them!
>>
>>52954998
Except...there giant robots are all supposed to be the elite of there army! And they all (minus broadsides and stormsurges) sit in the elite slots! Even the Tau armies are 50+% Elite!
>>
>>52953014
Baal is in way worse situation
>>
>>52954901

They use regular humans extensively, not just failed aspirants. The Dante novel sheds more light on a lot of Blood Angels things.
>>
>>52951642
>Tyranids are squatted
They're literally about to fucking wipe Baal.
>>
>>52951642
And Eldar?
>>
>>52955114
Nah, the Angels are gonna stop them.
>>
>>52953603
Space Marines aren't atheist, they just don't worship the Emperor. They usually venerate the Primarch and the Emperor, but not as gods or demigods.
>>
>>52955175
That depends heavily on the Chapter. Some of them are atheistic, some of them are extremely religious, with everything in between.

Look at the Mortifactors, for example, they have a whole weird death-cult religion where they drink blood and pray to the bones of their dead.

People need to stop generalizing anything in the Imperium, whether it be SM Chapters or Imperial Guard Regiments or what have you, they run the gamut of every possible expression of human culture that's ever existed on earth and many more that haven't.
>>
>>52955114
>Some NPCs are going to beat all the sons of Sanguinius
>Some NPCs are going to take the last important Imperial bastion in Imperium Nihilius

At best they wont get cucked by Chaos showing up to fight.
>>
What's up with the whole DIGGANOBZ meme?
>>
File: IMG_3862.png (674KB, 663x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3862.png
674KB, 663x768px
>>52955239
True enough, but almost every chapter has a Chapter Cult that is ran by their Chaplains, and whether it's worshipping their local spirits or whatever, doing said death-cult stuff like you've said, or praising the Primarch, Space Marines aren't atheist in the sense of 'Gods do not exist', because SM know of the Chaos gods and acknowledge them as such.

>t. Someone who believes the importance of Chaplains and the spiritual significance of Space Marines is FAR understated
>>
File: oPI9OjX.jpg (279KB, 1176x1607px) Image search: [Google]
oPI9OjX.jpg
279KB, 1176x1607px
>>52955295
>>
>>52955295
Digganobz gots bigganobz
>>
>>52955322
I know what they are, but what's the situation? Is it just a funny word? Are Orky Humies inherently funny? What's the deal?
>>
>>52955296
Well, let me fix this.

>Every Chapter has a Chapter Cult ran by their Chaplains
Because saying that almost every chapter does implies that said chapter doesn't have any Chaplains.
>>
>>52955286

>sanguinius' vision of a gigantic space monster swallowing baal whole is totally fake guys

dante knows baal's fucked, he's just prepared for his ultimate sacrifice at the foot of the golden throne.

then again, the sanguinor believes there is hope, so its kind of a grey area
>>
>>52955337
Digganobz were feral worlder humans who decided to mimic the Orks and so were called Digganobz by the Orks. They would have liked to kill them all, but unfortunately were protected by Necrons for some reason.
>>
>>52955322
>WE WUZ ORKS N SHIEET WAAAAAAAAAAGH!.
>>
>>52955354
What is the sauce for Sanguinius' vision?
>>
>>52955360
Yeah, but what's the joke?
>>
>>52954901
>their geneseed implantation is also relatively painless
Their geneseed implantation kills more aspirants than pretty much everyone elses. What are you talking about?
>>
>>52955378
> explain what's so funny about humans acting like orks

Jeeze, you must be a blast at parties.
>>
>>52955378
The highest form of humor: spam the same thing mindlessly over and over and over again.
>>
>>52955378
That's it, man.
>>
>>52955354
>>sanguinius' vision of a gigantic space monster swallowing baal whole is totally fake guys

It literally is.
Fate got changed when Guilliman woke up.
Sangunius vision doesn't say shit about the galaxy getting split in half.
>>
>>52955392
>>52955393
>>52955396

Oh. Well the idea's nice. I hoped for a funny story at least.
>>
File: DANTE.png (603KB, 534x822px) Image search: [Google]
DANTE.png
603KB, 534x822px
>>52955374

The novel Dante. although as I said the same novel also has the sanguinor tell everyone that there is hope for baal, and at one point it bitch slaps dante for being such a world weary blighter and tells him to suck it up and deal with it

also it turns out the sanguinor has been stalking dante since before he was even a scout, and told him where he could find water to keep himself going when he was dying of thirst as a child on his pilgrimage.

and apparently blood angels are literally vampires, as in they get younger by eating people.

their is a scene where he gets overcome by the red thirst and eats a xeno alive along with the rest of his assault squad, which is funny because until his brothers started eating the fucker dante was gonna let it go because of the angels virtues.
>>
>>52955414
>Orks crash on planet
>Mek builds rocket
>civil war about naming it after Gork or Mork
>is ended by calling it Gorkamorka
>orks have to gather scrap to repari it and leave the planet
>grots are now communist revolutionaries
>feral worlders decide to act like orks and imitate them
>orks want them gone
>necrons protecting them, so more trouble than it's worth
>>
>>52955414
A funny story? From what? You mean lore-based?

The reason people find it funny is because Humans acting like Orks usually leads to a lot of maimed, concussed humans in funny outfits. It's 40k slapstick.
>>
Since Cadia is blowed up, should I continue getting Cadians for my army or would I be better off supplementing my current Cadians with Catachans and the like?
>>
>>52955295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29aGTbg62A
>>
>>52955378
There's no real joke. They're just absurd in and of themselves. There's also some racist parallels of humans in "greenface" and you know how 4chan likes that shit.
>>
>>52955449
>>52955454
I can read the lore page for Gorkamorka. The idea of Gretchin are funny, too, but nobody goes around posting GRETCHIN.
>>
File: 1491957698609.jpg (79KB, 1024x723px) Image search: [Google]
1491957698609.jpg
79KB, 1024x723px
>>52955462
... uh... whichever sculpt you like best?

What kind of question is that?
>>
>>52955380

nah, the implantation process itself is pretty easy, its just that a bunch of them get overwhelmed by the red thirst at the point of rebirth and immediately turn feral so they get carted off to the reclusiam to spend eternity in chains or get a bolt through their head from the nearest available chaplin
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
GRETCHIN
>>
>>52952021
Vanguard vets, they come without jetpacks base and each of them can take a power sword for 5pts

Im not too well aware if black templar chapter tactics are still a thing but if so they'd obviously be your best bet
>>
>>52955487
A stupid question, I know. Just wanted an opinion on what would make sense...
>>
>>52955462
The Catachan models are garbage. Do not buy. If you already have Cadians I'd stick with them or just hold off entirely.

Alternatively Kriegers are extremely sexy.
>>
>>52955485
>>52955501
The Red Gobbo is a sweet model.
>>
>>52955446
Is that the one with the sigmarine who uses his time traveling jump pack from the future to jump forward in time and go on crazy adventures with the emperor to help him get his groove back?
>>
GRETCHIN
>>
>>52955513
How are the Catachan models garbage? Genuinely curious.
>>
File: img4231d64f331c1.jpg (16KB, 400x365px) Image search: [Google]
img4231d64f331c1.jpg
16KB, 400x365px
>>52955538
Derp
>>
File: Your Army Sucks.jpg (114KB, 800x608px) Image search: [Google]
Your Army Sucks.jpg
114KB, 800x608px
>>52955539

basically, yeah
>>
>>52955446
... there is so much stupid in that summary that I suddenly lost all interest in that novel.
>>
>>52955601
>>52955601
>>52955601
new
>>
>>52955510
They both do. Just cause Cadia's gone, doesn't mean all Cadians disappeared. They're now the only survivors of a dead world, dying for the glory of the Emperor even though they're the only ones left, and every day their are fewer and fewer of them.

Centuries from now, the last Cadian will be dead, and parents will tell their children about the people that gave their lives, bodies, and eventually their planet to the Emperor.
>>
>>52955545
poorly preportioned. they are way to big for humans. same height as marines and almost as thick without armor on. death korps and cultists are about the right sizes
>>
>>52955491
In HH: Retribution they state that the Blood Angel gene seed implantation process kills more of their aspirants then any other legion. I'll try to find it.
Thread posts: 494
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.