[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1467: Straight outta Zendikar Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 729
Thread images: 101

File: 1475207542065.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1475207542065.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>52925245
>>
File: 1396383981329.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1396383981329.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>52931647
>Now the Gnosis (or as you put it, the salt demons) aren't a result of the Zohar at all. It's effectively what happens when a human dies, sees the Collective Unconsciousness (U-DO) and decides "Naw, fuck that shit". They eventually get regurgitated back into the Lower Domain (real world) and because they don't have a human body anymore, they become Gnosis instead. The strange thing is that Gnosis can't technically perceive each other due to the nature of their rejection; they can only see themselves and the masses of Gnosis is because something lures them there. The Zohar is one such possible method to lure them, part of why it's so dangerous. This is also VERY BAD as unless something is done, Gnosis will overflow the Lower Domain and cause both it and the Upper Domain to catastrophically collapse. So U-DO is studying us to figure out why we would reject it, and it's theorized the Zohar is one of the ways it's doing that.

Sounds like it's a good idea to reengineer things so that all humans can live happily as immortals, so none of them have to experience identity death and this god can piss off for trying to force that on people, and humans that righteously reject it aren't turned into monsters.
>>
>>52930456
>Arrowverse Jumpchain
While this is being updated...
>Kinetic Energy Absorption (1000mp)
>Nucelar Physiology (1000mp)
>Vibe (1000mp)
>Speedster (1,000mp)
What is Kinetic Energy Absorption from? Was this a villain of the week or something? Either way, the first two do not seem quite as good as the latter two. Have you considered 800 CP for KEA and Nuclear Physiology?

>Comes with cool glasses that help you focus and maintain your vibes for as long you wish & only with these glasses on you’re able to vibe across dimensions which post-jump is locked until you spark, however you’re able to vibe portals through your own dimension allowing you to cut through space & time as if teleporting; as well open a portal allowing others to travel vast distances in blink of an eye.
This vibe text needs removed or revised. Considering we have yet another example of a viber who does not have Cisco's problems, which more and more seem to be Cisco being afraid of his power, and not training his power like other heroes do.

And Vibing should let you reach other dimensions within a jump. DC, Marvel, Hero BBC, worm, many jumps have alternate dimensions in the setting.

Could you add some more stuff from later seasons, like that creepy idol from last season?

>DRAWBACKS
>LIMIT OF 2 DRAWBACKS
This needs changed to the modern standard of a drawback limit based on CP, not number of drawbacks.

You might add a note that this jump does not preclude a supergirl jump if someone wants to make one.
>>
File: IMG_3814.jpg (163KB, 1228x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3814.jpg
163KB, 1228x418px
Contemplating updating Fire Emblem Heroes to incorperate seals and skill inheiritance, somehow.
>>
>>52937423
Hell of a Rap album
>>
File: alchemical_design_by_meluran.jpg (248KB, 709x900px) Image search: [Google]
alchemical_design_by_meluran.jpg
248KB, 709x900px
>>52937098
Huh, /awesome/. How're you planning on doing backgrounds then?

I'd probably have done them based on the Castes, with Adamant as the Drop-In... But you could have any of them as Drop-In by just starting them as their Alchemical body is energized, without the memories from various reincarnations they'd otherwise have had.

Perks is honestly the part I would've had the most trouble with if I'd have had to do it, maybe some based on the Eight Nations? Compass: Autochthonia had some weird stuff too, like that conspiracy that's binding their soul to their bodies through ritual suicide, or the glass walkers communing with Autochthon through their crystal growths.

Items... We'll have loads of Magitech for purchase, right? Beamweapons are nice, Gyroscopic Chakram are iconic, a supply of Soul Gems would be cool, I really like the Crawlspace Creeping Unit despite it not being that useful myself, and the Munifactory's great, as is the Light Obelisk. Perhaps even an Encounter Suit?

And, of course, a pet rat. To keep up the morale!

You'd probably get some Vats (and basic technicians) for free, to swap out your Charms after the jump?

Expensive purchase for a team of Alchemical Demiurges and a fiber connection to Autobot in your Vats, to let them create new Alchemicals in other jumps, assuming you can supply the extremely rare components and souls, and Autobot feels like it?

I'd assume the Alchemical form becomes an altform after the jump, with Charms still working in other forms but looking much like Eclipse Castes who get them?

Hope this isn't too much to throw at you right away? Kinda excited to hear someone's working on it.
>>
File: Thumbs Up.jpg (76KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up.jpg
76KB, 720x480px
>>52937442
Approved!
>>
Jumpers, how good are you at rapping?
>>
Rolled 65 (1d816)

Threadly jump topic roll...
>>
>>52937459
Sounds good to me, NikaMoth.
>>
File: 1445570658606.gif (426KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
1445570658606.gif
426KB, 285x190px
>>52936913
Still working that out for most of them.
Reading through oadenols codex to get a feel for manse work has been a ton of fun though. Much more than I expected.
Makes me wish Dragonbloods had manses available. Elemental manses are really cool

Wukong pls
>>
>>52937514
Beelzebub!
>>
File: 1472263045400.jpg (705KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472263045400.jpg
705KB, 1080x1080px
>>52937442
Well the other thing you can do is try to show the U-DO entity why humans would want to reject becoming a part of the Collective Unconscious. It's legitimately confused about that and wants to understand why people reject it, and so it's got a myriad of ways to try and probe humanity to figure out the answer. If the jump ever gets made, find a dude named Abel. He's basically a U-DO avatar.

Another option to contact U-DO is through dreams. It's implied those pure of heart are able to subconsciously connect with it via dreams, such as Shion who even survived direct Gnosis contact (which usually turns them into salt piles or Salt Elementals a la Gnosis). So using those or the Zohar would be ways to talk to it. As long as you can withstand the CRIPPLING FEAR that seems to come with it. It's implied that this fear is what U-DO feels, as being the ONLY Wave Existence, it is absurdly lonely and aware of that fact. Those who turn into Gnosis are likewise completely alone, only able to perceive themselves and as such could be seen as reflections of U-DO's loneliness. U-DO doesn't ask people to reject it, nor does it ask people to unify with it. These things just HAPPEN and U-DO's just as curious for why that happens as anyone else.

It's a pretty fucked up place, and the only blame can be shouldered on people like Dmitri and Albedo who figure they're gonna fuck it up even more.
>>
File: JackAshiDinner.jpg (359KB, 1000x656px) Image search: [Google]
JackAshiDinner.jpg
359KB, 1000x656px
>>52937452
Kinetic Energy absorption was a villain of the week. He "stopped time" which really he drained all movement. Flash had to speed up to power on through.

The glasses stay, its based on Cisco not others. Plus they're a cool homage back to Vibe in the comics. As for reaching other dimensions post-jump/pre-spark eh.

Creepy Idol? I wont add everything because there's a lot of crap that's only shown once and tossed away.

I'm gonna make the Supergirl Jump. I'm waiting for the S2 to hit Netflix so I can binge on S1 & S2.
>>
>>52937514
This setting is fucking weird and stupid, and it's also a shounen manga. The jump itself isn't badly written.
>>
>>52937514
It's another one of those settings which seem to encourage borrowing power from / cooperating with Companions.

Which really sucks if you're a solo-Jumper or rotate out Companions. The jump itself is written VERY nicely, however.
>>
>>52937561
Why is it babies? What is it with shounen manga and babies? I thought it was weird in reborn, but it's here too! Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>52937570
There's poor precedent for convincing God he's wrong desu.
>>
>>52937556
>Makes me wish Dragonbloods had manses available.
It has one, It is aspected the same as you and increases the chance of your children exalting.

Wish the coffee/cigars were cheaper in that jump so I could afford it.
>>
>>52937665
It only involves A baby because said child was sent to Earth to be raised by the vilest beings. The baby's a demon, younger Beelzebub.

You see an assortment of other contracted demons and spirits, but the main character's contracted with baby Beel.
>>
>>52937723
I understand the in universe explanation of why, I'm saying it's a strange trend.
>>
File: Amalion.png (217KB, 461x703px) Image search: [Google]
Amalion.png
217KB, 461x703px
>>52937556
It does have one available, the Dragons Cradle.

>>52936913
Let's see... I've got these from the various jumps:

Scrying Stone (Qlithu-Sohtk, Sidereals) This one was present, gives me visions of past, present, and future.
Withering Gem (Morass of Virii and Manifold Beings, Infernals) I can give someone a non-contagious disease that can't be healed by mundane medicine, whenever I want.
Wyld-Sky Jewel or maybe the Sign of Chaos or Gem of Madness not sure yet (Phrye, Lunars) Can make the sky become an ever-shifting tableau of Wyld prodigies and celestial impossibilities, shifting randomly between bright and dark.
Panopticon Stone (Invisible Fortress-like Manse, Mortal Heroes... after extensive redesigns.) Manifest a small hovering sphere of glass, identical to an eye of Orabilis, but works for me.

...And I've probably got a bunch more, build on my own. I like manses. They're nice.
>>
File: 1456127431232.jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1456127431232.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
>>52937697
>>52937744
Guess I should learn to read huh.
Still it would be nice to have some variety.
>>
>>52937733
Okay wait. Trend?

How so? Sorry for missing that.
>>
So did the Log Horizon jump we had a wip of forever ago ever get finished, or was it abandoned?
>>
>>52937585
>As for reaching other dimensions post-jump/pre-spark eh.
That is not a very good reason for making the power not work like it is supposed to post jump. Yeah, other jumps should be time locked unless you are in that jump or have a relevant continuity drawback, but not other dimensions in the same jump.

And the Idol was the focus on an entire flashback arc, and then sought by Damien in the present. Way more then a one episode deal.

And KEA was that turtle villian, gotcha.

Good to hear about Supergirl though.
>>
>>52937514
>Beelzebub - 529
Background: Martial Artist
Contract: upgrade Bahamut
-Affinity: Volcano
Drawbacks: Solomon Company (+0), Let’s Do This Mano-a-Mano (+300)
Final Point Count: 1,300 CP
Perks:
-The Hands of a Master (Free)
-A Disciple of the Greats: Izuma Eight-God School
-Black Techs
-Eight Deadly Sins
Companions and Equipment:
-Companion Import (200 CP)

>>52937772
You mean the TWO attempts?

Both abandoned.
>>
>>52937760
It's happened in other manga dude. Example 1, Reborn.
>>
>>52937802
Oh Dark Magic/Light Magic. Eh, idk how that would fit in. I guess I could make it a 600cp no discount purchase in perks. Due to how powerful they are.
>>
>>52937744
Oh! Phrye gives Oramus-aspected Hearthstones? That's good to know.
>>
>>52937514
>>52937561
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVEqsyitwE
>>
>>52937935
>Dark Magic/Light Magic
Yeah, I guess I could have been clearer. The idol that gave you powers based on how many people you killed, and its counterpart.

I just remembered it when you posted the update, because when it came up before, it was neat because the consensus was it was not using the dead as fuel, but gaining power from the act of killing. So you could use it with something that did use the souls itself.
>>
>>52937482
>Huh, /awesome/. How're you planning on doing backgrounds then?

I was thinking to do them as "Why You Deserved Exaltation" (so Drop In, Populat, Militat, etc), and then Castes for items.

For Perks, yeah, a few bits here and there. More to capture bits of the flavour, rather than power.

>The People's Painter: Head held high, arms out, bearing a hammer and wrench - the glorious worker's industrial prayer, immortalised in the thousands of luridly coloured propaganda posters that are often the only touch of colour in the daily life of the Populat. You, of course, are too humble to mention that a good percentage of the latest Initiative To Uplift The Stalwart Worker consists of your compositions, featuring some of the most famous and influential denizens of the city. Etc, etc [Know most movers-and-shakers, great talent at Soviet-style arts].

Items - yeah. Definitely. Plenty of them, Caste-based for their default form discounts (but you can get them in any material).

For Caste, I was thinking that would give you a "starting loadout" of charms, then item discounts. Only one or two actual perks - modularity and equipment is a big thing afterall. I'll probably tinker with that though.

Vats as part of the Warehouse, yeah. Getting an uplink to the full library of all existing Alchemical Charms and a nerve-tap to Autobot will cost though...

Void gets some love as well. The Gremlin Armour is basically a companion... sortof...
>>
Is TopHat there?
>>
>>52937810
>>52937514
H'ooooh, I... never actually did finish Companion builds for this one.

Let's fix that real fast:

Seras Victoria:
-Background: Delinquent
-Violence Breeds Strength (Free), Spellmaster, The Rampaging Jumper

Bahamut - free Contract Partner:
-Background: Demon
-Demonic Energy (Free)

The Hildibrand Troupe:
-Background: Drop-In
-Let's Go At My Pace (Free); Multiple Demonic Contracts
-Demon Sparkling Transformation Wand

Killer B:
-Background: Martial Artist
-The Hands of a Master (Free); Black Techs; My Name Is Per Jum

Dante:
-Demonic Energy (Free); Eight Deadly Sins; The Hands of a Master

Lady Lightning:
-Background: Delinquent
-Violence Breeds Strength (Free); Spellmaster
-MY HOUSE!

Yugiri Mistwalker:
-Background: Drop-In
-Let's Go At My Pace (Free); Mind Games; Multiple Demonic Contracts

The Substitute Teacher / "Uncle"
-Demonic Energy (Free); Eight Deadly Sins; Violence Breeds Strength
>>
>>52938136
>Dante:
>-Background: Demon
>-Demonic Energy (Free); Eight Deadly Sins; The Hands of a Master

Ohey I think I just heard all of Hell shitting itself in raw existential FEAR.
>>
File: EyeOfProvidence.jpg (78KB, 400x434px) Image search: [Google]
EyeOfProvidence.jpg
78KB, 400x434px
>>52937999
There's a lot from the Oramus, Lunar, or Wyld-stuff aspected Hearthstones that would be appropriate really. Take your pick, with a slight slant towards mystic stuff or time-fuckery (if there are any).

>>52938111
>I was thinking to do them as "Why You Deserved Exaltation" (so Drop In, Populat, Militat, etc), and then Castes for items.
Hm, interesting. Doesn't that change with every reincarnation though? With Alchemical memories being a patchwork and Championship being earned over multiple lifetimes, it seems odd to single one thing out.

>For Perks, yeah, a few bits here and there. More to capture bits of the flavour, rather than power.
>The People's Painter
Seems appropriate, and that sounds cool.

>Items - yeah. Definitely. Plenty of them, Caste-based for their default form discounts (but you can get them in any material).
Nice.

>For Caste, I was thinking that would give you a "starting loadout" of charms, then item discounts. Only one or two actual perks - modularity and equipment is a big thing afterall. I'll probably tinker with that though.
M'kay, seems decent.

>Getting an uplink to the full library of all existing Alchemical Charms
Isn't that standard and integral for the Vats though? All of them being connected to the noetic archive?

I guess it's not so for Vats in Creation, but it'd get a lot harder to get Charms without the archive, while Creation-based Vats are mostly inconvenient because they need physical shipping without the transference system (and the lower quality thing).

>and a nerve-tap to Autobot will cost though...
As it should.

>Void gets some love as well.
Nice. Though how would Gremlin Syndrome works afterwards?

>The Gremlin Armour is basically a companion... sortof...
Huh, okay. The Metsubou gremlin-armor? That seems... interesting.
>>
I need to kill a divine being that is stupidly powerful and I'm only at jump 8. What can I do to rectify this problem? More esoteric solutions are acceptable.
>>
>>52938355
Be more specific if you want a real answer.
Who is it and what do you have available?
>>
>>52937561
[Asskicking One's Way to the Top] is legit a really good perk. Like, actually very useful.
>>
>>52938355
It fucking depends. Gods can range anywhere in power from having power over that specific toaster to being literally omnipotent. Be more specific, senpai.
>>
>>52938355
Get an anti-divine NP in Fate/. Think there's a Servant Skill specifically for it, too. If the god you need to kill is a member of an actual race, you could use Dragon Capture Jar from Shadow Realm to debuff it to high heaven. Neptunia has some anti-divine stuff in the Pirate/Virus tree, I think.

There has to be more anti-divine stuff elsewhere, but I don't recall any from the top of my head. This is all assuming you can push whatever jump you need to take on this guy back, anyway.
>>
>>52938386
Who it is would likely result in a shitstorm so we can boil it down to typical high power level goddess shit. I've got a variety of general magic stuff ranging from GURPS summoning to all the magic perks in Quest for Glory. I also ensured that I was the Nerevarine in Morrowind and possess those perks as well. Not likely to be very helpful but I also took Lich in Adventure time. Lastly, I have Elder Blood from the Witcher.

The only caveat is that Fate/ is off limits as I have specific plans for those jumps.
>>
>>52938477
>typical high power level goddess shit.

That tells absolutely fuck all.

SPILL THE BEANS, DING-DONG. WHO IS IT.
>>
>>52938477
You need to be specific with thd god. Some of them are different than others.
>>
>>52938477
>who it is would likely result in a shitstorm
If you're just going to pussy foot around it don't bother asking questions.
There is no typical high powerlevel goddess standard. She could be literally omnipotent to "merely" planetary.
I have to say that from what you've told me you have you don't have a chance in hell of doing anything considering the extremely limited information you've given.
Take more jumps or don't bother.
>>
>>52938265
This made me laugh far more than it should have.
>>
>>52938477
No one can answer your question if you don't tell us who, you stupid fuck, we have no idea how powerful 'high power level goddess shit' is. What are your standards?
>>
What can high speed divine incantaions actually do? Is it like pre modern era mega magic or something? I mean in fate.
>>
>>52938477
>Who it is would likely result in a shitstorm
Fate!Amaterasu? Luna? Jump-chan? The Chousin?

"High-power goddess shenanigans" is still vague as fuck and not really helpful, especially considering "high-power" is itself relative.
>>
>>52938528
Hell's cuh-ray-zee levels just skyrocketed.

And nobody knows how any of this is going to play out.
>>
>>52938554
With Dante eating pizza while sitting sideways across a throne in hell, obviously. Bad ass guitar solo and bursts of flames in the background are required.
>>
>>52938477
Just run through all he Exalted and Dragonball jumps. Those'll allow you to combat most forms of "high-power". You're gonna get vague answers if you ask vague questions, anon.
>>
>>52934049
How powerful is Ultra Noah? Would the ultraman suit, Galactron and King Joe be able to take him together? Cant the grantechtor be bought separately from the Cosmo Techtor? Can it be used on the ultraman suit?
>>
Is there a limit to the amount of Permanent Charms an Exalt can have active? Is there a limit to what kind of effects can be made Permanent, assuming you're willing to put in the requisite time and effort?
>>
File: 1469769952079.jpg (310KB, 1280x1438px) Image search: [Google]
1469769952079.jpg
310KB, 1280x1438px
What are some good perks/abilities to use to show people that you are, in fact, from another world?
>>
>>52938477
Go to Minecraft and take Mystcraft. Lure the god into a Mystcraft World, then destroy it's descriptive book.
>>
>>52938345
> Time fuckery
That depends. How do you count the Mortality-Entangling Gem from BWC?
> This diamond-bright stone flickers in and out of visibility. When its bearer would be killed by an attack, it shatters in a breach of causality, so that the bearer both does and does not die. The bearer finds herself standing over her own corpse at the beginning of the next scene, unaffected by the killing blow. Magical possessions on the body are not duplicated. This is a Blasphemy 5 effect

Also, on the
> "Why You Deserved Exaltation"
front, remember that souls are tracked in Autocthon - a soul is chosen for exaltation as a matter of excellence over multiple lifetimes, with a bias based on the outstanding actions and the themes of the Caste.
>>
>>52938691
An alien alt-form.
>>
>>52938691
The Warehouse and similar dimensional travel, especially those dealing with parallel worlds. To prove that other worlds do, in fact, exist. Other than that, there's nothing much to say you're really from another world so much as the world is different from they thought.

The absolute best way is probably the Door of Shopping from Three Star Gauntlet, unless there was a restriction that you couldn't bring other people along.
>>
>>52938674
There is no limit. As to what sort of effects can be made permanent, most of the canon Permanent charms are upgrades to other charms. "So long as this charm is active, when using charm X you can add Y effects to it", stuff like that. The stand-alones tend to be defenses, making the Exalt more durable or resistant to magic or harder to mind control.
>>
>>52938691
Go to zendikar and become an eldritch guy.

Go to lovecraft and get shoggoth form.

Go to overlord and get mindbreaking skeleton powers, or anywhere with psychic mind stuff.

Become a eldritch shoggoth, if anyone doubts you arent from around here its likely you will drive them insane.
>>
>>52938345
>Isn't that standard and integral for the Vats though? All of them being connected to the noetic archive?

Yeah, probably best to leave the archive connection as a freebie. It'd make it really hard to progress as an Alchemical if you didn't have access, and access would actually justify later gaining Colossus and Municipal Charms.

Not at all sure if I want to try and tackle Giant Robot Jumper and Metropolis Jumper... but it's interesting.

Oh, and inb4 "What happens if I use the City of Heaven on my Jumpopolis Self?".

>>52938345
>Nice. Though how would Gremlin Syndrome works afterwards?

Still considering how to do it - possibly having it only taint the Alchemical Alt-form.

But then, if you want to sacrifice everything for power...
>>
>>52938845
Actually, something I forgot: Lots of charms are Indefinite, meaning they last so long as you commit motes to them. Given that a Jumper could theoretically get an enormous Essence pool, those could be made effectively permanent. And Indefinite charms are all over the game, you can get those for nearly any non-instant effect.
>>
File: Alchemical Colossus.png (3MB, 1443x937px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemical Colossus.png
3MB, 1443x937px
>>52938674
>Is there a limit to the amount of Permanent Charms an Exalt can have active?
Permanent Charms aren't really "active" they're just permanent enhancements to yourself.

>Is there a limit to what kind of effects can be made Permanent, assuming you're willing to put in the requisite time and effort?
Most effects can't be. Pretty sure the corebook notes published charms to be cutting-edge advancements over milennia of development in efficiency, custom effects with just lower motecosts aren't a thing. Permanent Charms are also somewhat rare, though Infernals have more of them than usual.

Things like Ox-Body and Soak-enhancing stuff seems to be the most common Permanent Charms.

>>52938731
>That depends. How do you count the Mortality-Entangling Gem from BWC?
Huh, yeah. That probably count.

Not sure how that'd work with death in jumpchain...

>front, remember that souls are tracked in Autocthon - a soul is chosen for exaltation as a matter of excellence over multiple lifetimes, with a bias based on the outstanding actions and the themes of the Caste.
Yes, that's what I tried to say? There's no real guarantee that all those lifetimes would be Populat or Militat or anything else, and I'd actually be suprised at that.

>>52938868
>Yeah, probably best to leave the archive connection as a freebie. It'd make it really hard to progress as an Alchemical if you didn't have access, and access would actually justify later gaining Colossus and Municipal Charms.
Mhm, alright then.

>Not at all sure if I want to try and tackle Giant Robot Jumper and Metropolis Jumper... but it's interesting.
Yeah, no clue what to do there. They're cool at least.

>Oh, and inb4 "What happens if I use the City of Heaven on my Jumpopolis Self?".
...huh.

>Still considering how to do it - possibly having it only taint the Alchemical Alt-form.
>But then, if you want to sacrifice everything for power...
Hm. Right... Seems kind of a "Nope, Nope, Nope" option to if it sticks...
>>
>>52938477
Hit up Kamigawa for the Siblings of Spirit and Flesh, allows you to have two bodies, and the Yamabushi Capstone. It kills the crap out of most gods fairly well. If you want to gain something from it then grab Consume, Yamabushi's capstone item, so you can gain powers from eating this goddess. That should cover a range of things, seeing as you've got access to a Nuke and I can't think of anything else to add to the build with such lacking description but here's what I've got.

1. Spilt off into two.
2. Rush the goddess with one of yourselves after undergoing a ritual that makes your next spell Super Effective vs goddess
3. Cast Thermonuclear Detonation, it's a spell you can learn in Quest for Glory
4. Deal with the fact that your other half just blew up into a God-Slaying Bomb and you've received a mortal wound.
5. Eat some fruit/drink some health pots from Quest for Glory
>>
File: 126075124944.png (6KB, 207x203px) Image search: [Google]
126075124944.png
6KB, 207x203px
>>52938674
>>52938910
>Permanent Charms aren't really "active" they're just permanent enhancements to yourself.
Aaand I forgot the important part. Derp.

No, there's no limit to how many you can learn and thus have "active".
>>
Jumpers, what are your weaknesses, or the longest time you went without covering a weakness?
>>
Since air aspect includes electricity could an Air Terrestrial pop off a spark with a mote of essence to light a fire?
>>
>>52938691
The Truth from Generic Creepypasta. Civilization has a similar perk.
>>
>>52929966
>For class card heart if we beat King of Heroes drawback can we take that class card as our heart, or do we need to choose right now to take effect?
You need to choose one of the ones on offer when you start the jump. You can't take the card you get from the drawback as your class card heart.
>>
File: 1481872758032.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1481872758032.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>52939039
>what are your weaknesses
waifus
>>
>>52939060
Probably. Might not even cost you the mote of essence if your Aspect Markings are electical in theme.
>>
>>52930298
>52931710
Thanks.
>>
>>52938868
Thank you for taking up Alchemicals, Mir-sempai.
>>
>>52939095
But anon, that's Justice's weakness.
>>
Air aspect dragonbloods seem like they have a bit of cheese, some terrestrial charms only work when touching or being surrounded by your element.

Air and to a lesser extent Earth have a big advantage there.
>>
File: tmp_8663-14838318750032137280475.png (292KB, 1100x699px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8663-14838318750032137280475.png
292KB, 1100x699px
>>52939297
And this is yours.
>>
>>52937935
I forget, the Waverider is a lot bigger on the inside, right?
>>
>>52939315

You mis-posted there, anon.

Like, you just straight-up missed.
>>
>>52939315
The fuck is wrong with you.
>>
File: Sekirei.jpg (312KB, 1103x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Sekirei.jpg
312KB, 1103x1600px
>>52939256
waifus are a diverse and versatile weapon against jumpers.
>>
>>52939039
actual hand to hand swordfighting is...well, my jumper doesn't suck at it but they're certainly much better at magic than swordfighting.

Writer Nika also is incredibly moody and angsty and will dredge themselves in a million blankets if something sets them off like what happened to Achilles in his poem until someone invariably pulls them out of it (Usually Hans or Cu, sometimes its NYLOCKE, MASTER OF EMOTIONAL CONSULTATION)

Doctor's Companion Jumper is seriously indecisive (which is very bad whenThe Doctor and EMIYA start arguing) and has an annoying habit of pretending everything is ok and not talking to anyone.
>>
>>52939315
either you misquoted, or this is the dumbest post in the thread
>>
>>52939297
Dragonbloods can get every aspect if they try hard enough.
It's no big deal. Water aspects are theoretically the best due to martial arts being their thing anyways.
Being able to dip your toes into celestial tier abilities easier is worth far more than being able to whatever bend.
>>
File: Standards.png (2KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
Standards.png
2KB, 500x620px
>>52939357
>>
How well would an alchemical exalted get along with a phyrexian or in phyfexia?
>>
>>52939019
Great Forks would be Riverspeak right?
>>
>>52939456
-2/10 chemistry there.
Unless the achemical was all about void tech it would be a kill on site sort of thing.
>>
File: persona5.jpg (643KB, 1462x886px) Image search: [Google]
persona5.jpg
643KB, 1462x886px
Got the 200 CP's done. Any issues?
https://pastebin.com/t5h55j4L
>>
>>52939488
Answer the question. Is this, or is this not, a replacement for the existing Persona jump.
>>
File: ThreeSPHERES-CATACLYSM.gif (189KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
ThreeSPHERES-CATACLYSM.gif
189KB, 800x624px
>>52939456
Not at all. Phyrexian anything would be considered Void-stuff on sight.

>>52939473
Yup, it's right in the Scavenger Lands/former River Province.
>>
>>52939509
You've been told it's not before.
>>
>>52939509
It's not. It's a jump of Persona 5, which wasn't out when the existing Persona jump was made.
>>
>>52939509
You soggy head of lettuce, of course it's not.
>>
>>52939509
No. I'm not even entirely certain they take place in the same universe, given the differences in the mechanics of the Collective Unconsciousness.
>>
>>52939488
Well, Picaresque and Friends and Confidants appear to have been doubled up on, at least on my computer.
>>
>>52939333
Eh. It has multiple layers. Also a hidden compartment.
>>
>>52939488
You have the 200CP Joker and Phantom perks listed twice. Other than that, it seems good.
>>
>>52939488
Looks good, English. Also, how much is the capstone booster going to be? Because I'm really liking both the Joker and Phantom Thief perks so far, and I'm going to need enough CP for the Velvet Room as well.

Oh, also this >>52939541.
>>
>>52939488
everything checks out so far, carry on
>>
>>52939564
500 CP, and >>52939541 fixed.
>>
>>52939582
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>52939315
retarded
>>
File: rwby prepare to die edition.gif (8MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rwby prepare to die edition.gif
8MB, 500x281px
>>52939039
I'm new, so I still die to bullets and all of that.

By the way, anyone got a list of canon feats for Fishman Karate?
>>
>>52939694
>not going high-power right off the bat

Jumping wrong.
>>
>>52939516
I cant help but lovs your little pictures, they are adorable.
>>
>>52939710
>going high power from the start
Jumping wrong, and stupid.
>>
So outside of buying the perk for one of them, how would I go about permanently absorbing a Class Card or permanently imbuing someone else with it?
>>
>>52939836
Are they technological? Magical? Details, details!
>>
>>52939836
Can probably replicate it with an Exalted Charm actually.
>>
>>52939836
Pulling Powers Out Her Ass.
>>
>>52939836
Maybe if you used that perk from Kingdom Hearts to tie it to someone's soul?
>>
>>52939895
Would take exponentially more Chi than you have because you're attempting an exotic effect, so it kills you. Chain over.
>>
>>52939836
Be an Immortal from Lost Odyssey. :^)
>>
>>52939694
>That Pic.

Damn, now I want a Perk where all the "boss" monsters I encounter have a full on title like this.
>>
>>52939918
Resurrection perks.

Or just stick it on a companion and let them die in your place.
>>
>>52939918
>Not having infinite Chi
scrub tier
>>
>>52939883
Would probably be a custom charm of more than 6 Essence, so it's impossible.
>>
>>52939950
Exalted is a higher power level than Fate, there's no reason why Class Cards would be more than 5 Essence.
>>
File: Cats out.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Cats out.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>52939488
Will there be an option to be a cat?
>>
Please post Boktai builds.
>>
>>52939936
>Or just stick it on a companion and let them die in your place.
That's not how that works you stupid fuck. It also doesn't matter if you have resurrection perks, the effect doesn't even go through because you didn't have enough chi for it, and it still kills you anyway. Get fucked, your chain is now double over.
>>
>>52939883
I don't think there are charms that allow you to absorb artifacts and have them work like a part of you permanantly.
There's something for fusing a weapon to your arm, but that takes attunement.
Even if you could custom one up what charm tree would it even go in?
>>
>>52939836
Actually, question because I'm unfamiliar with canon. How extreme is the mana drain? If you have a much large pool than the average mage and something like that perk from Samurai Girls, is it possible to just outpace the drain and keep the card activated indefinitely?
>>
Jumpers, what are your themes as Devil Tigers?
>>
File: 1418351009799.jpg (74KB, 413x600px) Image search: [Google]
1418351009799.jpg
74KB, 413x600px
>it's another lets be totally fucking retarded because nobody can stop us episode.
Why must you do this?
>>
>>52939836
Is there a canon example the perk of based on?
>>
>>52939975
>That's not how that works you stupid fuck.
Really? So a companion who uses that perk would make you die if they "overdraw"? And no, a resurrection perk would work just fine. Of course, for some reason I'm assuming you're not the shitposter. I'm probably wrong, tho.
>>
File: OMTiFJZ.jpg (107KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
OMTiFJZ.jpg
107KB, 400x240px
>>52939998
Dominance. Religion. Control. Morality. Dominion over the physical world. Judgement of souls. Punishment. Glory. Keeping a connection to and part of myself in all my minions.
>>
>>52940017
It doesn't matter who does it or who dies because they overdraw, it still isn't going to actually go through because you don't have enough chi for it, and it will kill you anyway for trying. Your chain is now triple over, if you don't have three 1-up perks, you have now been sent back home and then died on earth for trying it a third time even though it didn't work the first two like the idiot you are. Now shut the fuck up and go away.
>>
>>52940061
You're either salty or a stupid motherfucker.
>>
File: Serval.png (495KB, 750x702px) Image search: [Google]
Serval.png
495KB, 750x702px
>>52940061
>>
>>52939918
I mean, is it really? It'd be exponentially more costly, but it shouldn't be almost impossible like you're implying. It helps that they're based on a magic system that pretty much runs on ki.
>>
>>52940061
Timmy, the point of using companions is so that when it doesn't work, and if it does kill the user, they can just respawn/not end the chain.
>>
>>52940088
Damn fucking right I'm salty, you're still fucking posting, fuck off.

>>52940098
Unless you have literally infinite ki, you can't do it because you don't have enough.
>>
>>52940011
There's Shirou who gains the abilities because h was using a version of himself. He describes it as the heroic spirit Emiya invading his body.

Or there's Kuro who was originally a split personality of Illya caused by her memories and powers being sealed away so she could live a normal life who managed to form a body using the class card as the heart of it.
>>
What are some ways to give away a perk? Like just move it from one person to another, so Smite Golden Chains and SMT Magatama aren't working for me since they leave a connection/remnant of the perk.
>>
>>52940116
Doesn't matter, you die anyway, your chain is now quadruple over.
>>
>>52940147
Faustian Bargain from Ghost Rider is exactly that.
>>
File: Justice Has Arrived.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Has Arrived.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>52939039
Magic, Ranged combat in general. I only grab enough of either to not be completely pathetic, and to try and cover my weaknesses.
Except for any Magic that lets me make and/or enchant things. I grab those up like crazy.

Not sure what the longest I went without at least trying to cover a weakness was.

>>52939256
I have less waifus than a number of other Harem Jumpers.

>>52939357
>Of the MC's pokewaifus Pidgey is Best Girl

>>52939998
Love & Justice are the two most obvious ones. I also have Redemption, Teaching, Physical Combat, Crafting, Life-crafting, Rage, the elements of Wind and Fire.
>>
>>52940095
>Still no Kemono Friends jump
I would have thought meme magic alone would get us the jump.
>>
>>52940098
He's just shitposting. It's possible as long as you have a proper magic converter perk set up. Perks to merge pools together combined with perks to extend magic/ki/chakra use Infinity combined with pool increasing buffs stacked on top of one another if necessary.
>>
File: Shoebill.jpg (592KB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Shoebill.jpg
592KB, 868x1228px
>>52940156
I would take a crack at it but I don't know enough to put together a decent jump.
>>
Is it possible to produce Magical Materials (and crafting resources in general) with Exalted Sorcery?
>>
File: The Face of Mercy.jpg (26KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
The Face of Mercy.jpg
26KB, 227x200px
>>52939039
Physical buffs. For some reason, I never go to jumps that give me inherent physical buffs, so if I ever go to a gauntlet, I'm kinda screwed. I mean, like, my magic tends to be three kinds of immune to antimagic, and I'm generally some flavor of immune to mere physical damage, and I back it up psionics ki, or even just ultratech, but if I actually get into a fist-fight without my powers, I'm utterly fucked.

Fortunately that never happens on the grounds of refusing to take powerlessness drawbacks and gauntlets.
>>
>>52940155
>Lust & Judgement are the two most obvious ones. I also have Brainwashing, Nepotism, Massacring , Plagiarism, Mutilation, Rage, the elements of Hypocrisy and Self-Righteousness.
FTFY.
>>
>>52939315
Did you link the the wrong post, buddy?
>>
>>52940196
It isn't that hard.
Come up with 3 or 4 backgrounds. 3 perks for each if you're short on ideas or 4. give a standard companion import, give them lots of CP if you want. make a 50 CP item so no one screams about 50 CP leftover. add 3 - 6 items on top. write 6 drawbacks. done.
>>
>>52940213
The salt is real.
>>
>>52940207
Aaaand I just realized that I made a very unclear statement. I mean that my jumper doesn't ever do exercise or practice with his physical skills. Also, he has no physical buffs. So he's epic screwed in situations where he can't kill it with magic.

... Which is rare, admittedly.
>>
>>52940202
Not really. That's more of a Wyld Shaping Technique thing or Thaumaturgy for refining them the normal way.
>>
File: 1470197731730.jpg (34KB, 266x257px) Image search: [Google]
1470197731730.jpg
34KB, 266x257px
>>52939039
Writechain Jumper (Destroyer of Worlds, Anon!) is impressive in terms of mundane fighting ability and technology...annnnnd...that's it. He's very human and has a bad habit of pushing his physical body way too hard.

Cat Wizard is absurdly competent and powerful, but if you took magic out of the equation, he drops to 'merely' pre-Super Dragonball levels. Aside from that, laziness and apathy has ruined his creativity, and he never exercises the bare minimum of effort. He's physically immortal, but you don't need to kill him to make him go away - just try hard enough that he gives up and goes home to shitpost about it on the BBS.
>>
>>52940232
Nah. It's all in the mind, y'know?
>>
>>52940237
Could I use Constructive Convergence of Principals to create the materials I want to use for crafting?
>>
File: Fun.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>52940232
Ah leave them alone, it's kinda cute.
>>
File: 1.jpg (25KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25KB, 500x332px
>>52939998
Still a work in progress, but it's a little like this.

space, celestial objects, memetics, magic, procedures, stability, friendship, eternal, overwhelming, unpredictability, foxes, dreams, discovery, fluffy tails, improvement, interation, infinity, support, velocity, the future, recursion.

I took a lot of inspiration from existing yozi, but I tried to keep it distinct enough to not be cribbing from them 100% of the way. Still trying to bring it all together into something that makes senseReally tempted to just throw half of oramus's themes in there too. At least then I can justify not making sense
>>
>>52940232
He told me yesterday that killing Sakura's dad is making him butthurt, but I have no idea why he's so invested in that character.
>>
>>52940333
wat
>>
>>52940369
Right before a thread fell off, the anti-Justice shitposter said, paraphrased "JUSTICE IS A FAGGOT FOR SAVING CHARA BUT KILLING SAKURA'S DAD! HE IS A GOOD DAD WHO DINDU NUFFIN!"
>>
>>52939998
Major Themes: Flame, Craftsmanship, Forging, Life, Nature, Dragons, Passion, Love, Lust, Wolves, Dogs, Family, Loyalty, Guarding & Protection, Elements, Evolution, Genetics, Emotion, Knowledge, Magic, Partnership / Teamwork, Inner Beast, Light, Celestial Bodies, Healing, Fertility, Singing

Minor Themes: Spiders, Chains, Cats, Martyrdom, Self Control, Balance, Blood, Roses, Contracts, Law, Ribbons, Webs, Greed & Hunger, Hope, Flesh, Unwilling Leadership, Accidental Escalation, Symbiotes, Stars, Color, Contained Anger

... Yeah I know they're going overboard and/or becoming more encompassing than what Yozi / Primordials typically represent. I'm well aware that I apparently know nothing about Exalted's anything.
>>
>>52940261
I'm pretty sure the writers have talked about how some Artifacts required ingredients that could only be made through Wyld Shaping Technique, so probably.
>>
File: Explain.jpg (36KB, 649x536px) Image search: [Google]
Explain.jpg
36KB, 649x536px
>>52940369
He's been trying to insult me, in the exact same way, since I mentioned I DESPISE Tokiomi for selling Sakura to Worm-lord. Because I am of the opinion that the chances of Tokiomi not knowing about the Worm bullshit was very very low.
>>
>>52940261
Yes. You just have to spend experience - "The character can instead spend (Resources value x 2) in experience points, carving the necessary land or wealth out of his soul" or equal resources in Jade or Orichalcum (Exalted Core, p217) - with the second purchase (Wyld-Cauldron Technology) for each material necessary. The Solars used such techniques to make impossible materials in the First Age, which they then used for crafting powerful artifacts. This requires the 'second purchase' of Constructive Convergence of Principals.
>>
>>52940333
I think it's because Justice wanted to kill or at least beat the shit out of Sakura's dad, who he believes to be a total asshole, when he was just trying to do what was best for her and had no idea what he was sending her to. Meanwhile, he's perfectly willing to help redeem/SAVE someone like Chara, who canonically is a genocidal murderer, and who describes themself as a demon. Doesn't help that Justice considers Chara a girl, which by itself is fine but can be misconstrued as "Justice is willing to redeem her because she has a vagina but wants to murder the shit out of Sakura's dad because he doesn't."

That, or he's just a shitposter. Probably the latter, really.
>>
>>52939998
Time, Photography, Candy, Repetition, Cycles, Travel, Friendship, Philanthropy, Music, Robin Hooding, Buisness, and Swords.
>>52940213
Do me next!
>>
>>52940417
Forgot my image.
>>
>>52940261
>>52940408
>>52940397
You don't even need to spend experience. There is an upgrade to Mind-Hand-Manipulation that lets you turn ANYTHING you kill into Essence-1 Resources, of any resource you want. It even lets you turn them into magical materials.
>>
>>52940261
SWLiHN has charms to punch people into resources.
You dont' need to shape ingredients when you can just deck someone hard enough to turn them into orichalcum.
>>
>>52940410
He's a Magus, so doesn't that categorically make him an asshole anyway?
>>
>>52940408

You think the little expenditure-removal thing from the Ring of Elru in Overlord could help with that?
>>
>>52940443
You would need to shape more exotic reagents beyond Resources 1, since some items have an intrinsic value that's higher, but with the reminder from >>52940439 you'd just have to create enough Jade or Orichalcum for it with Mind-Hand-Manipulation, yes. Forgot about that workaround.
>>
What're the best perks for playing kingmaker and forming alliances?

Let's just say I have plans for treaty-brokering once I'm done.
>>
>>52940410
Rape really pisses a lot of people off. Even if that guy doesn't know what happened to Sakura, in fact sending your daughter off to be raped by worms and her adopted brother every day for the next decade is going to make a lot of people hate the man, rational or not.
>>
>>52940446
I think it's more a matter of how much of an asshole he is, given that Justice believes that he sent Sakura to Zouken, despite knowing about the worms. Now, we don't know for sure if that's true or not, since Zouken was respected by a lot of people. Could just be that Tokiomi saw him as a renowned mage and not as the monster he really was.
>>
>>52940443
>you can just deck someone hard enough to turn them into orichalcum

>http://nobilis.me/quotes:principle-invoking-onslaught
>>
>>52940439
>>52940443
So I could get all the Jade, Orichalcum, and moonsilver I want just by paying an enemy village a visit? That sounds great!
>>
>>52940410
It's all a matter of perspective. Due to Zouken's reputation, the reputation of the entire family line really, and the fact that Tokiomi was very close with the family I honest doubt he didn't know what he was sending Sakura into. Canon doesn't confirm either way, but considering what I know of the series, and the fact Tokiomi was created by Urobutcher who loves his DESPAIR, I doubt that he didn't know.

As for Chara? I buy into the 'Chara is the narrator' theory, sue me. Said theory means that Chara in the Pacifist route is a (kinda)good person still, it's Frisk's/The Player's actions that drive them completely over the edge.

>>52940524
You could get it by going into a forest and killing some trees.
>>
>>52940511
It's not like Sakura would dearly want to be reunited with her family, since she loves her dad. Nope, gotta murder him for doing what he thought was best.

>>52940514
All Magus keep their family arts secret. Zouken's worms, the secret to his immortality, and you think he'd let anyone outside the family know? Particularly since he was renting out land from Tokiomi? I can;t imagine the caretakers of the Fuyuki land would care much for an immortal, soul eating monster existing on their territory.
>>
>>52940524
Pretty much. You don't even really need to kill someone.
I dunno if it can do yellow jade, but everything else should be fair game.
>>
>>52940489
Charisma perks, PtV.
>>
>>52940548
Sakura is kind of a disgusting monster who pulsates with worms, gets off on being raped by her brother by imagining he's Shirou, and also goes off to fuck random strange men when her worms start acting up.

So I have a hard time feeling bad for her at this point.
>>
>>52940537
>the fact Tokiomi was created by Urobutcher
Actually, fun fact, that's not exactly true:

Takeuchi: He was a character whose image changed 180 degrees from what I hat thought in the early stages. However, now he has become a character who can't be pictured any other way
Urobuchi: Since Rin inherited her kindness from her father, I was given some hesitation about killing off his character, and so I ventured to put him in the position of the bad guy. However, by personal standard, he's a traditional person without a single thing wrong about him.
Takeuchi: The Azoth Dagger that took Tokiomi's life. During the episode when Rin received that, only the people who view the story from a position like that of a god can feel something akin to the sense of inconsistency in life.
Urobuchi: As he watched over Rin pour magic into it as it were valuable, Kirei was most likely coldly smirking.
>>
>>52940514
But all Magus' are assholes. The more respected you are as a Magus, the more of a monster you probably are. Even if the guy didn't know, he probably wouldn't have cared anyway, because that kind of shit is just what magus' do.
>>
File: 59.jpg (7KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
7KB, 300x100px
>>
>>52940548
You do realize that Jumpers will break those over a knee just by existing right? If limiters aren't on in all likelihood most Magus would be hopping on Justice's dick to ride the preggo machine. It'll be Diarmuid's NTR eyes multiplied by several thousand times.
>>
>>52940537
>Zouken's reputation
He's dead. That's his reputation. He pretends to take the place of his descendants. Not even Tokiomi knows it's actually the original Zouken.

>Family rep
What rep? That they helped out the Tohsaka's centuries ago and have not caused trouble in their time as tenants since?

>Close with the family
No, really. The families were allies but Tokiomi not 'very close' with them. At best it was landlord and tenant combined with a bit of old family alliances. Tokiomi is close with the Kotomines.

>Meta argument
No, actually. Despair is worse because he didn't know and dies believing she's safe. Everyone being evil doesn't make for despair. Breaking someone's hope or twisting their dreams and loved ones does. So not even that meta argument makes sense.
>>
>>52940537
>>52940584
Shit, I forgot to include the "DESPAIR" part. He was in fact made by Urobuchi, I just thought I'd include that him being an asshole wasn't the original plan.
>>
>>52940486
>Should the attack kill the target, an appropriate Shaping can transmute her corpse to any other matter with a Resources value less than the Infernal’s Essence.
It isn't a max of resource 1, it is a max of resource (Essence - 1). Since the charm requires essence 3 any infernal capable of using it would be able to create Resource 2.
>>
>>52940586
This. If somebody's a Magus, their odds of being completely morally bankrupt knee deep in sin is directly proportional to how successful they are.
>>
>>52940673
Just like how powerful stand users are either completely retarded or/and pure evil.
>>
>>52940586
Let's just ignore all actual character traits and depth in the series. They're all assholes, even the ones that show they aren't or show good sides are really just assholes in disguise, despite them never showing it.
>>
>>52940435
Why are there so many pictures of Dave Strider as a girl, anyway?
>>
So does the copy of the Broken Winged Crane you can get from the Mortal Heroes Gauntlet contain the rituals necessary for an Infernal to become a Devil-Tiger?
>>
>>52940401
Considering the amount of very wierd and unsettling things magic user of that setting get up to, he really should have performed due diligence sufficent to get such basic knoweldge of how they 'train' their next generation.
Either he didn't perform due diligence before signing his daughter away or he did and went ahead with it anyway.
Either way, bad dad. Worse Dad Ever!!!

Of course he could have performed what he regarded as sufficent investigation and due diligence and simply come to wrong conclusions or been blocked from hearing the really bad stuff due to magus tendancies to keep information to themselves especially about their family magic.
>>
>>52940700
>Let's just ignore all actual character traits and depth in the series
It's Fate, there is no depth to the series. It's just fanservice and True Magic. What do you think you're reading, the Bible?
>>
>>52940401
Even outside of that, selling your daughter because of "muh traditions" is the type of thing that should get you beaten to death.
>>
>>52940650
But that means that an E6 Infernal can just murder his way into big piles of 5 dot resources!
>>
>>52940712
No. Nobody in the setting has ever become a Devil Tiger or even knows things like that could exist. If you go Devil Tiger in the jump, you may be the first one.
>>
>>52940725
>the Bible
>deep
>>
>>52940731
Yes. Yes they can. The charm is very very powerful.
>>
>>52940721
Zouken is a master plotter and sneaky bastard. With a few hundred years on Tokiomi too. I doubt Tokiomi would be able to find anything no matter how hard he searched. The worms are just one part of the magecraft of that family and he could have hid them all in some bounded field in the tunnels somewhere.
>>
>>52940731
You can buy Resources 5 at character creation. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>52940728
>selling
>muh traditions
Good to see you didn't read it.
>>
>>52940731
Anon you would be surprised how easy it is to wrack up Resources in Exalted. Generally speaking the Resources background does not last very long, it's mostly for what gear you start the game with. Exalted can gain ludicrous amounts of Resources very VERY quickly.

Magical Materials are harder to get a hold of, this is true. But it's still not as massive an advantage as you might think.
>>
>>52940725
>It's just fanservice and True Magic
How good at the first magic would you have to be to just summon fanservice out of thin air?
>>
Is there anything that could make an Exaltation more closely connected to/an actual part of your soul?
>>
>>52940745
The Bible is the original meme story. It's the deepest of the deeps.
>>
>>52940712
Nah. Nobody even knows that's supposed to be possible.
Not even the Yozi.

You shouldn't actually read that book anyways.
Only bad things happen if you do. Unless you cheat really hard with the copy book, but then it's still probably not worth it.
>>
>>52940750
I can't believe I paid CP for replenishing supplies of Vitriol and Moonsilver, I may have to retcon those builds.
>>
>>52940767
I think it would be easy if you have a good set of permanent Charms first, then you wouldn't need to be that good at all.
>>
>>52939998
Self-shattering, harmony, spellcasting, hiveminds, broken glass, knowledge, and daisies.

>>52939039
Most of my mental boosts are magical, so antimagic.
>>
>>52940783
Vitriol isn't a Magical Material, it's a natural part of Malfeas' world-body. You MIGHT not be able to make that with said charm. So having replenishing supplies of that is still handy.

Also you can distill Moonsilver and Orichalcum from ordinary Silver and Gold if you know the proper methods anyway.
>>
>>52940650
Shit, that sounds nice. Does it have to be a sapient being, or does it also work on animals?
>>
>>52940820
It can be anything you kill with Mind Hand Manipulation, even plants.
>>
>>52940820
see>>52940520
>>
Are there any relatively safe jumps that offer powers/items that can effect the age of others?

I'm currently starting a very companion-heavy chain, and I want to make sure that I don't accidentally age them to death by assuming they can handle extreme time extension drawbacks.

The only one that comes to mind is that one devil fruit from one piece, but I already have plans for that jump.
>>
>>52940820
Apparently it works on trees, considering this is Exalted I wouldn't be surprised if it works on rocks.
>>
>>52940703
I dunno. Convenient for me though.
>>
>>52940598
>Diarmuid
Aka not an asshole Lancelot.

Cursed into having his mindrape spot, tricked into listening to the princess through a geass, wouldn't even touch her sexually until the king said it was okay. He was basically forced into his situation and tried to do everything to make it okay.

Mallory copied him to make Lancelot, and removed all the morality from him. Nobody cursed Lancelot with a sexy freckle. Gwynevere didn't geass Lancelot into doing anything for her. And Lancelot sure as shit didn't wait for Arthur to divorce Gwynevere and give him permission to marry her before he fucked her daily. Lancelot is just a cunt.
>>
>>52940846
Take them to Exalted, and nullify the aging problem
>>
>>52940820
It only costs 1m and 1wp to use it (well also the 10 mote commitment for mind hand manipulation but that is so good you might as well just leave it on all the time.

With jumper tier OOC willpower and a decent essence pool you could just walk around spamming it at anything you want.
>>
>>52940791
Permanent charms that do what exactly?
I suppose shaping could do something like that with will and motes, but that's wyld only unless you cheat reallly hard.
>>
>>52940394
>Passion, Love, Lust
>Roses, Chains, Ribbons, Webs

There are very easy jokes I can make here.

But I'm going to be classy and let another anon make those jokes.
>>
>>52940812
But it is a Resource right? Why couldn't you create it with the charm?
>>
>>52940864
You know, that makes me kind of curious. What would happen if you switched the two? Lancelot would probably get his ass kicked, where as Diarmuid would be an actually loyal knight. Arthurian Myth would have had a happy ending here.
>>
>>52940864
Fate Lancelot isn't an asshole at all. The Arthurian Legend Lancelot is pretty inferior compared to Fate Lancelot, so there's no pointing comparing them.
>>
>>52940891
Is this the new kind of shitposting or are you seriously just throwing exalted at every problem despite it not fitting.
Exalts aren't immortal. Not without pulling miricles out of their ass.

It's also not a safe setting by any means.
>>
>>52940764
I watched the anime. Is there a different reason in the LN beyond being pressured into it by what amounts to the types of people you'd find in bad HP fanfics?
>>
>>52940907
Permanent charms are permanent improvements to you.
>>
When you "attune" your Essence to an Artifact, does it require constant investment, or does it just keep working until you no longer need it? Does it lessened your maximum Essence pool?
>>
>>52940907
Couldn't you use something like Solar Flare Methodology to shape your essence into fanservice?
>>
>>52940944
I know, but what are you doing with the charm.
What effect does it have?
>>
>>52940945
You have to pay a set amount of Essence to use the Artifact and you can't recover that Essence until you de-attune yourself and can't use it any more.
>>
>>52940927
Mallory Arthur had a pretty distant relationship with Gwynevere, so I could see him being willing to divorce her and let Diarmuid have her. He'd probably exile him to France or Ireland or something instead of taking him back to court, though, because otherwise it'd undermine his power as king.

>>52940928
>Fate Lancelot isn't an asshole at all
He did everything the canon Lancelot did, he is thus an asshole. The only difference between Fate Lancelot and the folklore one is that Fate Lancelot drove himself mad with guilt, while folklore Lancelot didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>52940846
The Age Changing Device from KND. I still want to update that jump someday.
>>
>>52940927
Nah, Arhtur had a bittersweet ending before Lancelot got added. Mordred's daddy issues are powerful stuff.

>>52940864
Lancelot's whole is basically "Lancelot is a fucking beast when he's killing shit but is terrible at chivalry."
>>
>>52940939
No, I'm serious.
http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/ManseRelay/GemOfImmortality
>>
>>52940986
>But is terrible at being even the slightest bit decent as a human being
Fixed.
>>
>>52940957
Maybe? That's pretty creative, but it would probably just be gun porn.
>>
>>52941000
He just wanted fanservice.
>>
>>52940985
How strong is the psychic resistance provided by Clone Wars' Anomaly?
>>
>>52940921
It's not exactly a normal resource, which is why I said 'Might'. It's the only thing I would say 'consult Mardukth for' when it comes to MHM.

>>52940939
A Tier 5 Manse can produce a Hearthstone that makes you immortal. They even offered one to Chejop Kajak(An Sidereal dying of old age, who was around at the end of the Primordial war). He refused.
>>
>>52940991
That requires you to build and maintain a rank 4 Earth Manse and puts you in a very dangerous setting.

It would be safer to get the age control perk from Narnia and Sacrificial Bestowment.
>>
>Fate talk
So I'm curious. Anyone watch that new FSN abridged series that just started?

I liked the first episode. If it turns out good, might be cool to have an option to go there in the FSN jump.
>>
>>52940940
Even watching the anime makes you wrong. The guy didn't sell her, he gave her to the Matoi because he loved her. He thought she'd be miserable at not being taught magecraft like her sister, since only one can inherit the crest, and wanted her to be happy and grow up to meet her potential, like any good father. Knowing he couldn't do that himself, he went to an old family ally he knew had no current magical heir and made the offer- teach his little girl magic as if she was your true heir and you'll have a powerful, talented young mage able to carry on your legacy.

Could he have taught her a bit of magic alongside Rin? Yes but she'd be lagging hopelessly far behind and would never be the main focus, always left to the side because Rin was the heir to the entire family's legacy. So he tried to do what he thought was best.

The fact that Zouken was Zolgen, that he was a monster and never intended to use Sakura as anything but a container for the black grail, not as a successor, was never revealed to Tokiomi. What possible reason could he have for giving his daughter away if he didn't think it was for her own good? Zouken certainly didn't give him anything else in return.
>>
>>52940417
Entropy, soul stealing, diabetes, repetition, repetition, national lampoons family vacation, bias, socialism, the hippity hop, thievery then socialism, thievery again, and swords.

not him tho
>>
>>52940999
Well yeah that to but the point of the story is that Lancelot is an amazing knight in war and literally just the worst at acting like a knight should.
>>
>>52940991
That's a five dot hearthstone. It's not something that you'll be able to just get dozens of. Keeping control of a manse that important is really fucking hard.
And making them is even harder. Not to mention that you need an artifact to even use the damn thing.
>>
>>52940991
That's wierd, I remember it as a level 5 hearthstone.
In any case, very expensive and ifficult to get. Not something to hand out like party favours.

>>52940846
OnePiece has the Age-Age Fruit, as you already know,
Generic Xianxia allows you to make people immortal through an expenditure of energy sufficent to blow up a mountain but allows for the energy to come from external sources.
>>
>>52941023
Couldn't they technically just get the Wine of Youth and then duplicate it infinitely? Or just do Essence infusion? Or just Longevity Merit?
>>
>>52941053
Hearthstone Amulets are Artifact 1, and most Dragons have multiple of them

You're correct about the Manse part, but it's incredibly easy to get something to use a Hearthstone.
>>
>>52941079
I...don't know. I don't know enough about the Wine of Youth. It's never been something I've paid any real attention to.
>>
>>52940846
Ranma has some shrooms.
>>
>>52941031
And that's why I take that one long term drawback, and get on good enough terms with the Tohsaka to adopt Sakura instead of the Matou.
>>
>>52941025
>It would be safer to get the age control perk from Narnia and Sacrificial Bestowment.
I have no interest to go to Narnia.
>>
File: Fanwank.png (24KB, 300x307px) Image search: [Google]
Fanwank.png
24KB, 300x307px
>>52941012
<---
No seriously. I definitely wasn't thinking how strong or weak that perk should be when I wrote it.
>>
File: 1492303647685.jpg (1MB, 1231x857px) Image search: [Google]
1492303647685.jpg
1MB, 1231x857px
>>52941083
I'm not saying it's hard to get an artifact. I'm just saying that you need to attune something and hold onto it to keep the benefits.
It's not reliable over long periods of time.
>>
File: Alter14.jpg (147KB, 850x698px) Image search: [Google]
Alter14.jpg
147KB, 850x698px
>>52941029
Eeeh, wary of starting it. Most abrigded series just make me cringe real bad. You've got exceptional ones like SAO abridged or DBZA (Though honestly I'm of the belief that one is one the decline some of the time. Might just be growing dislike of the rest of TFS outside of DBZA). It'd have to be really, really good for me to put an option in but I'm not totally opposed to it.

>>52940984
Amusingly, Fate Lancelot is actually worse. Fate Arthur found out about the affair and was fine with it. Arturia and Gwynevere only got together for kingdom morale, they didn't actually love each other and were not in any actual relationship, since Arturia was female and had no interest in such things. Arturia forgave them and asked that they stop for a while and make sure it stays secret. They completely failed at that and even then Arturia still forgave Lancelot, except he had a massive shitfit and helped start the rebellions that would eventually lead to Arturia's death. Not only was he forgiven for his sins, he continued committing them and when finally punished, had a tantrum and got everyone killed.

No fucking wonder the other knights told Lance to fuck the hell off when he showed up to try and help fight, or that Lance feels guilty as fuck.
>>
>>52941025
I don't think SMT counts as a safe setting either.
It's pretty fucking awful actually.
>>
I remember that with the proper perks in Infernals I could end up with a first age Solar, a Devil Tiger, and a Demon all in my head TFS Nail/Kami style.

Am I remembering that right?
>>
>>52940939
So, related question here because I'm not exactly and expert and can't remember if this is right or not, but do Solars have a Charm they can continuously buy that increases their lifespan by half again or not?

>>52941031
I distinctly remember them saying they were pressured into it and Zouken was asking HIM for her.

Even in that case, that's still a shitty thing to do. He may have had good intentions, but that doesn't mean he's not a terrible father and an idiotic piece of shit.
>>
>>52941183
Why does that sound awesome?
>>
>>52941183
Yes.
>>
>>52941183
Yes you can. You need orphan cub and the old solar perkline, but you totally can.
>>
>>52941194
Well Nappa the obvious answer is because it is awesome.
>>
>>52940991
Didn't the Scarlet Empress basically sell her soul to the Yozis for immortality? Why didn't she just get one of these?
>>
I feel like the people defending Tokiomi think that Kirei is a stand-up guy and didn't do anything wrong because he can't be happy unless he's making people suffer and he's just trying to be happy
>>
>>52941185
You distinctly remember completely wrong.

How does it make him a bad father? he couldn't provide for her in the way he thought she needed so he made sure she would be provided for. He did the best he could with how he was raised and how he expected the rest of his family to be raised. How does it make him an idiot?
>>
>>52941185
Solars have life extension Charms. They don't last forever, but in the First Age people were projecting that they would eventually develop a version that granted immortality.

Lunars have one the lets them age backwards while hibernating. Abyssals, Alchemicals, and high Essence Infernals are immortal.

>>52941217
She already had an immortality hearthstone, she was just paranoid about losing it someday and wanted true immortality.
>>
>>52941233
I feel like you're the guy thinking Tokiomi is a monster and you're trying to deflect because you don't really have anything to prove it.
>>
>>52941242
>age backwards while hibernating
Would you happen to know the name of that Charm?
>>
>>52941172
Don't forget about hellsing.
>>
>>52941260
Who cares, it's still all his fault, whether he knows it or not.
>>
>>52941242
Minor correction. Infernals have to go devil tiger to become actually immortal.
High essence infernals will eventually burn out if they somehow dodged the early death that comes without essence racing. It's just that nobody will ever play that out so it doesn't come up.
>>
>>52941172
I feel you. I wouldn't say it was amazing, but I enjoyed it.

But then, I don't have nearly the investment or attachment to the series that you do.
>Though honestly I'm of the belief that one is one the decline some of the time. Might just be growing dislike of the rest of TFS outside of DBZA
Honestly the Cell shorts and Hellsing Abridged were way better than current DBZA.
>>
>>52941185
Solars can already extend their lifespans through permanent essence increases can't they?
>>
>>52941264
Time Bending Chrysalis
>>
>>52941183
Yes, and you should do it.
Take that one Solar, who's name escaped me at the moment, who waged a one-many war on Hell after the Primordal War was already over as well.

>>52941264
Time-Bending Chrysalis, it also has an upgrade called "real time"
>>
>>52941233
Kirei before Fate/Zero was a pretty decent guy for what he was. The level of restraint he showed on not being a dick is pretty damn impressive. When he dropped that saint like restraint he jumps off the evil cliff though.
>>
>>52941233
>>
>>52941217
>Return of the Scarlet Empress
>Not just ignoring it because it's the most cliche ending possible
Okay then
>>
>>52941233
>Kirei
You know, he actually seemed like a fairly decent guy before Sata- I mean, Gilgamesh- led him astray.
>>
>>52940489
A Solar Exalted has charms for these, which kind of negates the need for perks specifically.
Bureau Rectifying Method, Understanding the Court, maybe Forgetful Bureau Charm if you need to remove things or people.
>>
>>52941260
Actually, I wasn't really part of this argument, but it's funny. Even if Tokiomi didn't think he was doing anything wrong, he still did something wrong. People have every right to be pissed at him.

You might as well think Carmilla killing all those people for youth and blood was okay since no one told her it was bad. So do you think her killing all those people is okay because no one told her it was bad? It's the same logic. Yes, he thought he was doing the right thing, but it wasn't. At all.
>>
>>52941331
Doesn't it have quite a few possible endings?
>>
How do I destroy the grail in fate zero?
>>
Is there any way to speed up the progression of Essence as an Exalt? Something to get around the Age/time restrictions.
>>
>>52941331
>>52941348
RotSE is explicitly non-canon, just something for Storytellers to use if they want to.
They wanted to avoid the mistake they made with Gehena.
>>
>>52941273
Oh, how could I forget. Definitely grew the beard that one.

>>52941288
>attachment
That's...kinda it yeah. I kinda enjoy SAO but I can still laugh at the abridged series taking the piss out of the original. For Fate, I'd probably just get annoyed if it shit all over the series

I'll give it a shot later anyway. Only fair right?

And as for TFS, I don't mind the main episodes, I still like those. It's more the rest of their stuff, like the TFS Plays channel. Used to be great, now inundated with nuzlockes, drunk streams and ridiculously cluttered stream videos. If anything, the Cell shorts turned me off the show just because of how bloody many there were.
>>
>>52941353
Several spirits have Endowment Charms that can raise your Essence beyond normal limits. They mostly come with drawbacks except the ones used by the Incarnae though.
>>
>>52941353
Infernals have the Ascendacy Mantles. I'm not aware of similar means for the other types though.
>>
>>52941353
Infernals have charms for that, they come with some negatives but they go away eventually.
>>
>>52941346
>It's the same logic.
No, it's not. At all.
>>
>>52940939
Technically immortality is a mutation from the scroll of heroes.
It's way to cheap for what it does, but it can exist if your ST is generous.
It's not actually supposed to be something you can get without being born into it, but RAW does allow for it.
>>
>>52941364
I wonder, do any of the third-circles of the Yozi have charms like that?
>>
>>52941364
>>52941368
>>52941375
Please don't suggest anything from Exalted.
>>
>>52941346
So instead of showing him how what he did was wrong and letting Sakura get back with her Dad, you believe the better option is to just murder him.

People don't have the right to be pissed. Be pissed at Zouken for lying and tricking Tokiomi into it.
>>
>>52941235
>he couldn't provide for her in the way he thought she needed so he made sure she would be provided for.
You don't strip a little girl from her family just so she can be better at magic she ultimately didn't give a shit about anyway.

Say someone has a kid and want to spend all their efforts and money on that kid. Then they have another kid and decide "oh well, that's neat but I'm already planning to spend all my time and money on the first one, better just give her to that creepy old man renting a room from us. she'd probably want that, anyway". Is that guy a good dad? Is he really, anon?
>>
>>52941380
>>It's not the same logic.
>Yes, it is. Very much so.
Prove otherwise.
>>
>>52941360
>TFS Plays

You mean "three fatasses being obnoxious"?

It'd be helped a lot better if they had more than fucking Kirran, Grant, and Lani on screen.
>>
>>52941394
>Asks question about Exalted
>Doesn't want an answer from in setting that you KNOW will work
>>
>>52939998
I don't know much about Exalted.
What all is on the table? Anything?
>>
>>52941353
You could technically use the SuperHTC combined with a training skip and just burn a few jumps doing nothing but training. Just take some jumps that you don't care about and would be safe.
>>
>>52941394
No.
And, too late.
>>
>>52941394
>exalted question
>but don't answer with things from exalted
I don't think we really have things that would interact like that from out of setting.
Maybe the Hyperbolic time chamber stuff would help, but I'm pretty sure there's no perks to outright remove age barriers on improving essence.
>>
>>52941403
Magi in Fate have skewed priorities when it comes to the importance of magic.
Precisely that little else matters.
>>
>>52941364
>Endowment Charms

Those sound like they could be used for an entirely different purpose then just power.

If you know what I mean.
>>
>>52941349
Hit it with Seibah really hard.
It worked in canon didn't it?
>>
>>52941394
The Narnia perk that lets you age yourself up or the Skyrim perk that causes you to grow in power/skill faster?
>>
>>52941431
Maybe a spell effect that shifts the internal clock of the body to fool it into aging, and add Infinity on top of that. But you'd have to be at least immortal based on age for that to really work and it seems like a roundabout way to do it when Exalted already technically has a solution.
>>
>>52941425
http://rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Ink_Monkeys,_vol._46:_The_Geomancy_of_Hell#Primordial-aspected_and_Deva-Bound_Demesnes

Here are some examples.
>>
>>52941394
Use Ageless Being from Tales of Symphonia, it gives you complete control over your age and immortality. If you want, you can just make yourself older than the universe.
>>
>>52941484
>>52941425
>I liked the Manses part rather than Demesnes
Whoops, my mistake. Just scroll up a bit.
>>
>>52941415
Okay, how about the simple answer.
Find a jump you can stay in for a millenium, through a drawback or a scenario or something. Hibernate if you don't want the hassle of actually being conscious for all that time.
Viola, you are now old enough to have essence 10.
>>
what fate abridged are you talking about
>>
>>52941288
>current DBZA
There was some anon, either on /v/ or /a/, who pointed out that they've stopped changing the story and started just retelling the canon story with the occasional joke. They called it a resume instead of an abridged series.

Dub of the North Star Kenshiro vs. Cell was the best thing they've put out in a while.
>>
>>52941458
Now I'm imagining Shirou picking up Saber and swinging her like a bat at the Grail. Thanks anon.
>>
>>52941500
I'm not the one asking the question, I'm confused at his strange and arcane logic.
>>
>>52941519
Eh, That's how it's been since the start really. The story has never really changed and even the characters are just exaggerations of canon versions.
>>
>>52941415
>>52941431
Why the fuck would you answer with something from the setting itself? I'm just glad someone gave me an actual fucking answer other than more Exalted shit.
>>
>>52941500
I don't think you need that long. The Super HTC combo multiplied time by a massive factor. You'd only need one sacrificial jump normally to have so much experience that no one would be able to catch up to you, and if you use all the useless jumps in the drive for that, you'd probably have millions of years of experience.
>>
>>52941464
>>52941471
>>52941496
It's more time spent alive than physical age. Getting used to the essence patterns rather than an innate thing tied to being a geezer. I mean reversing your age as a lunar doesn't change how long you've been alive for the purposes of gaining essence dots so it's not biological age.
Might work, or it might not.
>>
>>52941542
because using shit from the setting itself instead of being a pretentious cockamammy helps you earn your fucking Essence levels, surprisingly.
>>
>>52941555
Could a lunar de-age themselves into oblivion Satan in training?
>>
>>52941555
Then yeah, just use the Super HTC. Between each of the Exalted jumps you should already have a handful of time, and if you keep the set up somewhere safe like an alt multiverse or something, it's not like there's any real hazard.
>>
>>52941555
Then generic training and learning perks should accelerate the process.
>>
>>52941360
>I'll give it a shot later anyway. Only fair right?
If you feel like it.

>And as for TFS, I don't mind the main episodes, I still like those.
Yeah, I mean I still like them. I just feel like they've kinda gotten stale at this point and are mostly, I dunno, running more off of their own in-jokes and reusing stuff more than they used to.

Never actually watched the LPs or anything in the first place, so I don't have any opinions there.

>>52941394
As I understand it, it's age capped because you're slowly gaining greater experience and some measure of enlightenment appropriate to your Exalt type, right? If so, then maybe something like the Second Magic from Fate for drawing on memories and experiences from alternate or future versions of yourself?

>>52941519
I liked the Pokémon one, myself. The sheer exasperation was hilarious.

Though I'm pretty sure those were all written by guests.
>>
>>52941349
Here is my best bet on how to do it, but take it with a grain of salt.

1. Don't take the continuity drawback

2. Not sure if you knew this, but physically destroying the Lesser Grail (The physical Holy Grail) is a VERY bad idea and will just spew Grail mud everywhere. In fact, it caused the Fuyuki Fire when Kiritsugu did that. So don't do that. If somehow, that happens, make sure Gilgamesh isn't anywhere near it.

3. Find a way to drain the Grail of the mana in it. It should be easy. Just make a huge wish that would be difficult to twist, like for the most delicious, biggest cake in the universe or something. You're going to want to do this because even thought Kiritsugu tried his darndest to dismantle the Grail by fucking up the Leylines with explosions in canon, the leftover mana in the Grail still made the Holy Grail war happen in ten years, or so that's my understanding.

4. Have a way to deal with the Mage's Association (or be very sneaky and fast about dismantling the Grail) because when the Grail was dismantled in canon they were SUPER MAD over it and supposedly it was a big deal, but we never did get to see how it went down. Which is a darned shame. But that's what fanfic is for.

5. Go to the cave where the Greater Grail is hidden and then proceed to wreck shit up (Especially with Kiritsugu's help. Guy's a pro at fucking mage shit up. I'm pretty sure if you let him know about the true nature of the Grail and had solid proof of your words he'd believe you and help you out.). Maybe force Justeaze's spirit out as well, but be careful about it. The Einzberns are a very powerful family and will likely have some people guarding the area during the Holy Grail war.

6. Kiritsugu is going to want to fuck up the Leylines of the area as in canon but he'll fail at it. But again, if you drained Grail of mana, you should be fine. Do that.

7. You have dismantled the Grail.
>>
>>52941286
Could Chrysalis of Preservation technically bypass that requirement though? http://rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Charms:Chrysalis_of_Preservation
>>
>>52941584
I don't know what that is, but it unfortunately stops once they hit the age they exalted at.
>>
>>52941598
If those help you hit enlightenment then maybe.
It's also a physical thing with your body getting used to it, but I dunno.
I bet it would reduce the "XP" cost or maybe it would just have you gain XP more quickly to use game abstractions.
>>
File: 1491141859109.png (671KB, 800x707px) Image search: [Google]
1491141859109.png
671KB, 800x707px
>tfw this place is literaly the only place on the internet that still discusses 2/2.5e exalted like it matters.
Quit living in the past plebs. 3e is the future.
>>
>>52941564
Using anything from Exalted that isn't just straight up perks or Items from the jump document is retarded though, and I'm never going to do it. If it's not in the jump doc itself, it might as well not exist, and I'm not going to pay attention to exalted talk in the thread because it's dumb gibberish which makes everything it touches boring.
>>
>>52941694
Yeah but there isn't a jump for 3e. All the jumps are based on 2e. If you want to make a 3e jump and clarify the differences then you can go discuss 3e.
>>
File: 1466025975429.jpg (111KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1466025975429.jpg
111KB, 599x599px
>>52941694
By the Emperor!
>>
>>52941694
>implying 3e isn't a shitfeat That's dead in the water
>>
>>52941699
If thats how you feel why even bother taking the jump in the first place.
Do you go to D&D jumps without bothering to see what your spell list should have on it?
Such a waste.
>>
>>52941694
3e is an abortion though.
>>
>>52941699
Ah, you're a "you can't learn or get anything in setting, you only get what you paid CP for" man.
>>
Are monhun monsters valid forms for lunar exalteds?
>>
>>52941745
Unless they're fuckhueg apparantly yes.
>>
>>52941729
Don't bother, he's the anti-Exalted shitposter who is sad that no one wants to talk to him about what he finds interesting. Doesn't help that he never bothers offering up a topic and instead just whines about Exalted.
>>
>>52941694
>3e is the future.
The future sucks.

Actually, that's true in general. Let's all just revert a few decades. I could do with some roller disco in my life.
>>
>>52941761
Everybody could do with some Roller Disco in their lives.

The lack of it is probably why we are all such terrible people.
>>
File: 1489200883746.jpg (439KB, 1024x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1489200883746.jpg
439KB, 1024x1374px
On a scale of comics to Super Hero Squad, how dangerous is Ultimate Spider-Man?

All I want to do is study the symbiotes and some other supertech but I'm worried someone might react badly to a magical alien going around trying to reverse engineer dangerous creatures and technology.
>>
>>52941699
>even looking at the jumps
Wow, look at this boring Exalted fag.
>>
>>52941699
>he doesn't do his research
>he doesn't use all resources available to his dumb arse from a jump

Only a beggar takes what is given and does not work for their progress.

>>52941745
Considering Mardukth didn't shoot down OAA's Shagaru Magala, I'd assume so. However above a certain size range (think it's above Large) they wouldn't qualify for import.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Size#Large_Monsters
>>
Damn, Mind Hand Manipulation is powerful. Tempted to go with SWLiHN just because of this charm and it's upgrades.
>>
File: liondrome.jpg (85KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
liondrome.jpg
85KB, 500x387px
>>52941761
If we go back to the '20s we can take in a show at the Liondrome. It saddens me that it's now illegal to put a lion in the sidecar of your old-fashioned automobile and drive it up the walls of an arena at eighty miles per hour.

Well, in American, anyway. I hear they have something similar in China where they make lions ride horses.
>>
>>52941729
>>52941739
Not really. I just never knew anything about Exalted until I saw the thread talk about it, and have no enthusiasm for the setting beyond using them as jump fodder.

I do my due diligence and research other jump settings, but Exalted is so boring that I refuse to touch it except to take Always an Ending.
>>
>>52941783
>can't be a Dalamadur Lunar

Fuck.
>>
>>52941729
>>52941783
So what, do we need to build a character sheet for every tabletop game jump?
>>
>>52941775
Your scale is fucked up and depending on what jumps you've been to USM could be anything from a nightmare to a cakewalk.
>>
>>52941791
You know you can learn any open Yozi Charmsets regardless of your Caste?
>>
>>52941791
What makes it really cool is that one of the upgrades lets your telekinesis count as physical contact for delivering touch effects. That's got a lot of uses, there, turning any touch-range ability into a ranged one. I'm sure you can think of some good uses.
>>
>>52941775
Not as bad as mainline marvel, so still bad but the world ending disasters are every few months instead of every few days.
>>
>>52941810
Nobody's suggesting that you complete waffle.

Just learn what your dumb ass can be capable of. If that means making a character sheet to help, then do it you kumquat. Just do it.
>>
>>52941805
Well you're allowed to have that opinion but I find it really fucking strange that you do.

>>52941810
No but you should at least bother to see what you can do with the capabilities offered.
>>
>>52941791
You can get all of her charms without going SWLiHN.
>>
>>52941484
>>52941497
I like a few of them.
Elloge, SWLiHN, Oramus, Qaf, and Szoreny all seem pretty awesome and fit Jumper!me.
Actually got the most hits with Elloge, but SWLiHN and Szoreny had so much in common that I'd probably go with them.
>>
>>52941821
I know, but there are a lot of charms (and potential custom charms) involving Mind Hand Manipulation. Cast and favored Yozi charms are easier to learn right?
>>
>>52941783
>he doesn't do his research
>doing research for exalted of all things
Why bother, you can just ask the thread anything you want about Exalted and they'll tell you how you've already trivialized the problem without trying.

You don't even need to ask about exalted, just ask a question in general and you'll always get someone telling you how Infernals has a charm for it, so no one ever needs to do any other jump.
>>
>>52941825
>complete waffle.

God please not here.

Please not here too.

I'm tired of waffles man. I'm just tired of all these fucking waffles at work.
>>
>>52941844
Well you don't have to take a canon-yozi's themes wholesale. You make up your own, and use those as a guideline for what to use. There can be overlap of course.
>>
>>52941869
Would you prefer pancakes?

Actually I think we had a thread titled "pancakes or waffles?" once.
>>
>>52941852
>so no one ever needs to do any other jump.
Isn't that a good thing though?
>>
>>52941852
>so no one ever needs to do any other jump
You do realize that no one has never needed to do any jump period. Exalted didn't do anything except streamline the process and honestly it did most jumps a favor. In the past the only reason why people would go to certain jumps was because of specific perk options. If anything that was doing the jump a disservice. Now they can just check if there's a Charm that can meet their needs.
>>
>>52941815
>depending on what jumps you've been to
Samurai Jack, DC Occult, Chrono Trigger, Outlaw Star, etc.

I'm not worried about individual battles since I probably have enough powers, skills, magic and scientific knowledge to rival Dr. Doom, I'm more worried about large scale disasters like >>52941824 mentioned, and the general terribleness of the marvel universe.
>>
>>52941796
Holy shit, what?

Man, shit. The first half of the last century seems like some fictional world. There was the twilight of the Wild West, people were driving lions up a wall in sidecars, the entire world went to war in a clash of the world world and the new, where people rode horses and wielded swords alongside tanks and machine guns. And zeppelins! There were Zeppelins used to fight wars.

Why don't we still go to war in zeppelins? We /SHOULD/ go to war in zeppelins.
>>
If a Yozi opens their charms to an infernal that means that their charms are open to all Infernals right? What are the odds of another infernal getting any of the Yozi with closed charms to open them during my time there?

How many luck perks do I need?
>>
File: hindenburg.jpg (18KB, 310x253px) Image search: [Google]
hindenburg.jpg
18KB, 310x253px
>>52941916
>>
>>52941916
>>52941935
Plenty of planes have gone down/missing, and cars crash all the time.
Bring Back Zeppelins!
>>
>>52941889
Pancakes. Croissants. Crepes. Anything.

Just please no more waffles. Still recovering from making fifteen banana cream pie waffles for a horde of special-needs kids out on a field trip.
>>
File: tumblr_nl3m81dqXt1ty0jumo1_500.png (253KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl3m81dqXt1ty0jumo1_500.png
253KB, 500x281px
>>52941916
I'm certain pic related has something to do with all that. not the dragon part. Although that might just be the one thing to make it better.
>>
>>52941852
That's what happens when you have an easily quantifiable set of themes that can be turned into abilities.
Somewhere in those trees you'll find something applicable to whatever problem is at hand. Even if it might not be a perfect fit.

Can't blame people for being interested in the easy way out.
>>
>>52941852
Honestly, I've basically decided that Exalted is a banned setting for my chains, it just makes every other jump pointless. It gives too much and takes to little, leaving little reason to go to any other jump ever again.

>>52941894
Why don't you just go play Exalted then?
>>
File: 1479134079708.jpg (34KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1479134079708.jpg
34KB, 600x337px
>>52941933
Yes. Low. Loads.
>>
>>52941963
You could say the same thing about a lot of high power jumps.
Not much reason to go anywhere else afterwards unless you were going for the sake of the setting.
>>
>>52941963
>Why don't you just go play Exalted then?
Because I like to play Exalted in Jumpchain too? How hard can that be to grasp?
>>
>>52941963
>Why don't you just go play Exalted then?
My ST is currently asleep or I'd be playing my game where I'm a Lunar right now.
>>
>>52941806
You could be the evangelion punchmaster though.
>>
>>52941995
t. Dragon Ball
>>
>>52942012
Exactly. Jumping for powers sake is pointless. If you don't keep at it because you enjoy visiting new places and meeting new people you're bound to get bored eventually.
And don't say there's perks for that. There's no perks that make you out of character immune to being bored.
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>52941916
>>
>>52941933
>52942060
I think your chances are better with lots of manipulation perks, myself. Inspire them to go and take the enormous risk while you stay in your crib in the allthing sipping margaritas, harvesting all the benefits if they succeed and not dying along with them if they fail so bad the Yozi kills them.
>>
>>52941791
Yes anon, embrace the Imouto Orbs. Embrace her.
>>
>>52941852
We really should have never allowed an Exalted jump to begin with. Since that's happened, it's basically drained away discussion of all other jumps and killed perk discussion completely.

If you want immunity from time bullshit? Instead of pointing you at Narnia or Arrowverse, they just tell you that Exalted has a charm that can do that. No one ever needs to even look at the jumps, just slot Sidereals in as your first jump and have a book telling you everything you can now do.

It completely sucks the fun out of jumpchain if all anyone talks about is one setting and the minutia of that one setting. I have nothing to add or take away from Exalted talk, I have no motive to participate, all I can do is get angry that we have new jumps posted every few threads and still all anyone talks about is Exalted.

I can't understand why of these people even participate in jumpchain if all they want out of it is to be an Exalt. They actively ruin the thread by filling it with Exalted talk, they might as well be shitposting.

tl;dr I want Exalted fags to get out and stay out
>>
>>52942156
Exalted doesn't have a charm for resisting time bullshit.
it's one of the things it can't do. They banned it in setting.
>>
>>52942156
If you're not shitposting on Dirge or some other jumpmaker you're shitposting on Exalted. You really can't do anything but whine can you?
>>
>>52942035
>If you don't keep at it because you enjoy visiting new places and meeting new people you're bound to get bored eventually.
THEN HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT CREATION
>>
File: 1472845703932.png (181KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1472845703932.png
181KB, 303x311px
>>52942156
Ahhh shaddup badwrongfun man. We don't need your kind of negativity around here! we are perfectly good at ruining shit for ourselves!
>>
The shitposter is at his most autistic when he's whining about Exalted, because it comes from as place of raw and bare autism about a tabletop game. Consequently, it's also the one time he acts like a (mentally ill) human being, rather than a shitpost machine.
>>
>>52942156
Yes, and the same thing has happened with Fate and Worm. We are all cretins, here. Get out while you still can, it's already consumed me.
>>
Does SWLiHN have a charm that lets you form a weapon from telekinetic force? Something to that effect appears to be mentioned in Tool-Transcending Constructs but I don't see a charm for it.
>>
>>52942035
>If you don't keep at it because you enjoy visiting new places and meeting new people you're bound to get bored eventually.
Agreed.
Power is nice, but too much of a good thing and all that.
Me personally, I just can't imagine how I as a jumper would act if I had beyond a certain amount of power. I'd have to cheat and create reasons why the power just wasn't used or just seal it away. But I hate taking power sealing drawbacks because they are so absolute.

Still going to high power settings like Exalt, GoH or DBZ doesn't stop you from making engaging narratives. It's when the powerlevels go beyond your own ability to manage that things break down.

I actually have more trouble with D&D because I prefer to go spellcaster where possible and the sheer breadth of options to one in that setting is absolute breathtaking and almost impossble to properly account for.

>>52942156
>it's basically drained away discussion of all other jumps and killed perk discussion completely.
You haven't been looking at the same threads as I have then.

>>52942156
>It completely sucks the fun out of jumpchain if all anyone talks about is one setting and the minutia of that one setting. When it's a setting that I don't like.
FTFY
>>
>>52942156
>it's basically drained away discussion of all other jumps
Haven't people used this argument about every single Jump that became popular to discuss?

Isn't this the argument CYOAgen has been using, for years, to drive out CYOAs into their own thread?
>>
>>52942156
How about you try and talk about something else?
If it's worth discussing then that's what people will talk about.
That's why people keep talking about exalted. Because they like it.

If that doesn't work then you'll have to accept that your taste isn't compatible with people around here. It's a little sad, but it's how things are.
>>
>>52942198
That's just a base function of Mind-Hand Manipulation.
>>
>>52942156
There are a number of jumps that end up being discussed rather often, and like it or not Exalted has joined them. If you don't like it try starting a few conversations about other jumps.
>>
>>52942191
See, the thing is though, Fate and Worm aren't tabletop settings, they're consumable media. They also don't solve literally every problem in all of jumpchain without even a modicum of intelligent or creative thought like Exalted does.
>>
File: baitnobaithooks.png (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
baitnobaithooks.png
7KB, 224x225px
>>52942156
Heh.

>>52942181
Give him some credit. He's actually taking the time to form multiple complete sentances in order to whine. That's such a step up from him. I thought he was barely literate.
I am so proud of little shit-chan. We all should be.
Let's give the little carrot a round of applause for being a little less of an idiot than we thought, but still pretty bad.
>>
>>52942241
It being a tabletop makes it more /tg/ and thus cements our place on this board even better.
>>
>>52942211
Yeeeeep.

We have become like our predecessor.
>>
>>52942156
We really should have never allowed a shitposter to begin with. Since that's happened, it's basically drained away discussion of all jumps and killed perk discussion completely.

If you want immunity from time bullshit? Instead of pointing you at Narnia or Arrowverse, the shitposter just bitches at you for being a power wanker. No one ever needs to even look at the jumps, just know that no matter what you say then some salty little bitch with nothing better to do than complain at random people will tell you what you can do.

It completely sucks the fun out of jumpchain if all anyone talks about is one shitposter and what he's shitposting about today. I have nothing to add or take away from shitposter talk, I have no motive to participate, all I can do is get angry that we have new jumps posted every few threads and still all anyone talks about is the shitposter.

I can't understand why of these people even participate in jumpchain if all they want out of it is to be a shitposter. They actively ruin the thread by filling it with shitposter talk, they might as well be shitposting.

tl;dr I want shitposter's to get out and stay out
>>
>>52942241
Irrelevant. They still divert discussion away from actually interesting jumps. We have been horrible for a long time, anon.
>>
File: Not when I do it.png (347KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Not when I do it.png
347KB, 800x450px
>>52942241
>I'm different from everyone else who makes this argument, because this is something I don't like.
>>
>>52942185
Exalted has a ton of jumps. It's part of jumpchain.
I'll talk about it when it's relevant. If that bothers you then it's your problem not mine.

Besides Creation is a beautiful place.
Just wandering from uncapped demense to uncapped demense using Endless Legend's map as a guide was a worthwhile spent 10 years.
>>
>>52942266
>implying any of the grocery lists we call jumps are even interesting.
>>
File: 1466144349671.png (43KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1466144349671.png
43KB, 403x403px
>>52942260
Top quality post here.
>>
>>52942224
I don't see that in the charm description, what I mean is to form a weapon from telekinetic force, hold it in my hand, and stab someone with it.
>>
>>52942189
I think you're right.

Do you think he played it once and it went badly becuase he... well, him and so he projects his own faults onto the game and hates it for that reason. He sounds stupid enough to do that sort of cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>52942241
If you think people don't try to use Fate to solve every problem without any creative thought, you must have somehow missed every insipid question about the True Magics. I envy you.
>>
>>52942266
>They still divert discussion away from actually interesting jumps.
I'm seeing a lot subjective opinion here.
You could be the change you want to see, but instead you complain.
Typical.
>>
>>52942241
Exalted charms can't do literally everything.
They're just very good at what they can do. Which is broad, but you won't find things like D&D epic level casting in there or fuck off DBZ beams.
They also have costs. If someone tries to brute force everything with just being an exalt they're not going to go far.
>>
>>52942292
Oh, no, there are no charms for that in her canon charmset. Actually striking someone physically, even with a weapon forged from the mind? Perish the thought, that's not the Pyrian way. You'll probably want some Heretical combo with Malfeas charms for that.
>>
>>52942294
Knowing him, it's certainly possible. That or he talked to a dev once it got super triggered, or one bit of lore pissed him off like it does everybody who reads Exalted and unlike everyone else he couldn't ignore it or ask his storyteller to change it so he just hates the whole game now.
>>
>>52942294
I've never played exalted. Never looked at a source book, and never will. I refuse to give it a chance because this thread has talked about it so much that I fucking despise it.

I only dislike exalted because it ruins jumpchain. No other reason, I don't know or care enough about exalted to hate it for any other reason.
>>
>>52942312
Oh, I try. But there's only so much one man can do to stand against a tide of banality. I wish I could do more, anon. I've failed you.
>>
>>52942234
That's too sensble and productive.
He just wants to destroy.

>>52942252
*clap-clap*

>>52942254
Yeah.

>>52942260
Beautful, man.
>>
>>52942283
We encourage jumps made in shopping list fashion so I don't know what you were expecting.
>>
>>52942329
So you just can't stand that other people like things you don't?
What did you get pissed at Narutoposting too? Because that shit was just as bad.
>>
>>52942329
You shitposted about it the first time an Exalted jump was mentioned as an idea, so try again.
>>
>>52942329
>Ruins Jumpchain

Ha! Jumpchain was ruined long before we got to exalted. We're all just maggots living in it's zombified corpse.
>>
>>52942329
You ruined jumpchain by chasing off jumpmakers. So how are you any different?
>>
File: I am overcome with surprise.png (59KB, 437x383px) Image search: [Google]
I am overcome with surprise.png
59KB, 437x383px
>>52942329
>hread has talked about it so much that I fucking despise it.
>I hate [THING] because it's popular
Ah, Hipster syndrome.
>>
Mardukth if you are around can castless lunars buy moonsilver tattoos? If so how much?
>>
>>52942329
How does exalted ruin jumpchain again?
Because I haven't seen much of that.
I'd prefer people were more creative in answering questions with things that aren't just apply charm liberally, but it's not bad that a setting has answers.
>>
>>52942338
>What did you get pissed at Narutoposting too?
I get angry whenever people talk about anything too much. If you care so much about a single setting, good for you, take it too your own general, this is jumpchain.

>>52942339
People had been talking about Exalted too much even back then. I was also right even at that point that allowing it would ruin jumpchain, and it has.
>>
He's getting kind of repetitive, I'd rather we stop beating the autism pinata with a stick, unless one of you is going to find him and beat him with a real stick, so let's move on.
>>
>>52942369
Well that's too bad. You don't get to decide what people like so I guess you'll just have to be perpetually unsatisfied with this place.
>>
something something use Exalted Charms to further my First Magic something.
>>
>>52942318
I could probably make a custom Malfeas Charm to form a sword (or other weapon) from solidified green flames (based on the charm that allows green flame spears) then make a heretical charm that uses both that and Mind Hand Manip to make said sword a flying extension of my will.
>>
>>52942356
This is the only topic I feel this passionate about to actually devolve into shitposting over.
If the jumpmaker made Exalted, I'd be glad if they fucking left, but I don't shitpost other jumpmakers.
>>
File: You right now.png (623KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
You right now.png
623KB, 1280x720px
>>52942369
>take it too your own general
It's official everyone. Shitpost-kun is an old-school CYOAgener, the people who push any CYOA that gets popular out of their thread for taking up precious "thread space"
>>
>>52942329
You sound a lot like someone desperately trying lie to cover up an inconvenient fact.
I do not believe you.

>>52942333
You must redeem your honor in light of your failure.
You must perform seppuku.
I shall be your second.
Draw your blade.
>>
>>>>52942329
I've never shitposted. Never looked at /b/, and never will. I refuse to give it a chance because this thread has talked about it so much that I fucking despise it.

I only dislike shitposting because it ruins jumpchain. No other reason, I don't know or care enough about shitposting to hate it for any other reason.
>>
>>52942397
I guess an occult excellency would make you better for a little. That's not really helpful in the long run but throwing successes at the problem tends to work out in my experience.
>>
>>52942408
>I shall be your second.
Wait, what? How are you going to cut off my head? Can you do that through the internet, or are you just secretly lurking in my house?
>>
>>52942403
>>52942329
And yet the one ruining jumpchain is you.
Keep your autism to yourself.
>>
This is at least better than actual Exalted talk.
>>
>>52942333
>there's only so much one man can do to stand against a tide of banality.
Watch and learn, you scrub of a half-Satan.
The trick is to not talk about a single jump, but to talk about all of them at once.

Jumpers!
Do you mentor people?
Do you focus solely on named characters, or do you teach anyone who shows promise?

Tell me about the pupils that left an impression.
>>
>>52942369
>I get angry whenever people talk about anything too much
So you get annoyed when people come to the thread and talk about things related to Jumpchain. The enitre point of the thread.
Are you even trying to hide that you're shitposting anymore?

>>52942366
It 'ruins' it because this one guy doesn't like it. That's it. No actual good reason, just rationalisation that not worth the time to listen to.

>>52942388
>beat him with a real stick,
I wish...

>so let's move on.
I'm fine with that.
>>
>>52942443
>literally defending shitposting
Timmy just stop.
>>
>>52942443
True. I'm glad it devolved into shitposting so I didn't have to hide every response to shitty questions like 'Whats yor divil tiger themes :)'
>>
>>52942403
How do you function in daily life?
No really if people enjoying something is enough to set you off you must be either a turbo neet or a terminal psychopath.
>>
So if I had Primordial-like perks from Infernals, could I make lower Essence charms building from those abilities, or would I be stuck working with Path of a Thousand Whispers/Spirit of the Living? Curious if I can be an absolute madman and make a Charm that gives me a 3rd Fetich soul.
>>
>>52942464
Magnetohydrodynamics. It's the best theme.
>>
>>52942457
He's never bothered to hide it though. When he was shitposting on Dirge and Wakfu the reason that he gave was to improve the quality of the jumps we have. When he shitpost on SoAnon it was to protect the jumps on the drive. He's always apparent when it comes to shitposting.
>>
>>52942466
There aren't really charms that build off of others that aren't higher essence than the starting charm.
I think Mardukth stepped in and said the same before, but I don't remember for certain.
>>
>>52942428
Your shampoo smells nice.
No you silly biscuit. I'm not in your house.
I, instead, can telekinetically remove your head from your shoulders through sheer force of will. And a sniper rifle.
Oh, you've gone awfully pale all of a sudden, are you alright?
>>
File: tFsN1EQ.jpg (22KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
tFsN1EQ.jpg
22KB, 400x266px
>>52942491
>>
>>52942490
Actually there is at least one terrestrial charm that has prerequisite with higher essence requirements than itself. Not sure if that is enough of a precedent though.
>>
>>52942490
Well, my logic was that the theoretical Charms would build on an ability that isn't tied to Essence rating.

Oh well. One-upping Malfeas is already great fun.
>>
>>52942464
Timmy, it's all right we udnerstand, your just acting out benderstand and we're not angry, just disappointed.
But, it's time to stop, sweetie.
>>
>>52941360
So I was looking at the Servant supplement and I'm curious. And I noticed you only have enough SP at base for an equivalent build to the two weakest Servants listed. Are they pretty much average and everyone else is just super badass beyond a normal Servant or what?
>>
>>52942466
It would have to depend on what you intend the Charms to actually do though. A 3rd Fetich Soul might be too much for a E5 Charm. You'd want to find another Charm base to work off of at around a lower level and maybe lift it up.
>>
File: 1493312719443.jpg (563KB, 651x6961px) Image search: [Google]
1493312719443.jpg
563KB, 651x6961px
>>52942388
Alright lets talk about literally anything else instead.
I think he's out of candy anyways.

What kind of cat did you take as the base for your thundarian form in Thundercats?
>>
>>52942491
Nah, it's cool, I'm always this pale. Some blood flow problem. My doctors say I only get about 70% of the oxygen I'm supposed to, because of it. It makes me very drowsy. What were we talking about again? You shooting me? Yeah, sounds fun. Go for the neck, please. Just pop the head right off. It will look cooler than there being a big hole in my skull.
>>
>>52942529
Snow leopard. They're so fluffy. I want to have that fluff for my own.
>>
>>52942501
Yes, I am seeing that as well.
You have a strangely specific fetish.
I am not going to judge, but it's really cold out here, and I don't think it's polite to finish you off before you finish yourself off, so if you could hurry up.
Would a warning shot titilate you enough to speed this up a little. I'm all out of hot soup in my thermos.
>>
Jumpers, how do you cat?
>>
File: heavensthecat.png (516KB, 993x897px) Image search: [Google]
heavensthecat.png
516KB, 993x897px
>>52942555
>>
>>52942555
As a Luner Exalted :^)
>>
File: APracticalGuidetoEvil.pdf (147KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
APracticalGuidetoEvil.pdf
147KB, 1x1px
OH LOOK A DISTRACTION.

This isn't actually an update, it's my WIP to drag us out of this shitposting.
>>
File: 1493163472486.jpg (37KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
1493163472486.jpg
37KB, 640x631px
Now the real question is whether or not future derails into exalted talk would piss him off or if that was his plan from the beginning.
Some of the exalted suggestions in this very thread smell of shitposting so I think maybe this was a set up.
I certainly wouldn't put it past him.
>>
>>52942530
I'm your second, buddy.
I'm only there if spilling your entrails doesn't kill you first.
So take the knife and regain your honor.
Don't worry, I'll be there to catch you.
>>
File: NamedSupplement.pdf (110KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
NamedSupplement.pdf
110KB, 1x1px
>>52942572
MORE DISTRACTION
>>
>>52942562
By being fabulous!
>>
>>52942576
>Some of the exalted suggestions in this very thread smell of shitposting so I think maybe this was a set up.
That's just what normal jumpchain Exalted discussion looks like.
>>
>>52942572
Too bad it's not like you have six jumps to dump on us.

>>52942576
He'd be pretty stupid to do that. The suggestions that were made weren't invalid, it was just not always what anon was looking for. He's not going to change the fact that Exalted can give the jumper a solution to their problems. If anon is too assblasted to use it, that's on them.
>>
File: 1490246398472.gif (330KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490246398472.gif
330KB, 400x400px
>>52942576
just let it go.
If someone is being retarded call them out if you must.
It's not worth walking around theoretical landmines just to please an autist.
>>
File: Saber36.jpg (191KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
Saber36.jpg
191KB, 850x478px
>>52942512
Not exactly the weakest, just not the best in a straight fight. Mostly. I wouldn't really say there is actually an 'average' Servant since the whole concept is pretty much designed around everyone having something special. Both of the 'weakest' ones can be very strong in the right conditions but they generally need those conditions. You won't be charging in like you could with King Arthur or Heracles.

Generally though, yes, most of the Servants in the sample page are extremely famous, powerful and special Servants. King Arthur, Hercules, Cu Chulainn etc. Emiya and Medea, the two ones you can buy with what you start with, can both potentially win the war but not in straight up beatdowns.
>>
Can someone throw me some underrated regeneration perks?

I know all the obvious ones (x-men, deadman wonderland, FMA) but almost every single one of those has something else I want more. I need something to quickly deal (or at least decrease the lethality) with lost limbs and organs, for those times where I don't have enough scrap on hand to make cyborg bits.
>>
>>52942555
I copied Quicksilver's Cat-girl virus, and used it on myself once.
>>
>>52942607
>Too bad it's not like you have six jumps to dump on us.
Ah-ah, arglbaah.
Oh, goodness, sorry. The idea of 6 jumps all at once, made me a little... overcome. Yes, all the lewd. I have no shame!
Excuse me while I go clean myself up.
>>
>>52942607
>The suggestions that were made weren't invalid
They do invalidate all the other solutions though. There's no reason to use any other jump in jumpchain besides exalted because it give you everything you could ever need or want.

If you want to actually enjoy jumpchain you basically have to ignore charms entirely so that other jumps that aren't exalted have value.
>>
>>52942623
Age of Wonders, PMMM, Generator Rex EVO mutation, City of Heroes, Terraria
>>
>>52942623
Infamous has a nice one. So does Devil May Cry.
I'm also partial to just wearing a ring of regeneration from a D&D jump. Throw it in a charm pouch in an inventory and you don't even need to worry about losing it.

Exalted has half a dozen charms for that too
>>
>>52942529
Catnip.
>>
>>52942645
Except charms dont do literaly anything.
They just do a lot of things and they do these things well. You seem to ignore this every time it comes up.

For example Exalted has zero cure magics. The best they can do is be a really good doctor. No lay on hands, no full restores, nothing. And they definitely can't do ressurection of any kind.
>>
File: thumb-1920-135701.jpg (529KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-135701.jpg
529KB, 1920x1080px
Exalted lunars
Icehome
Casteless 1200
Spirit shape abyssal lagiacrus 1050
Will of the leviathen free
Predator becomes prey free
The sacred hunt 950
Ever shifting 850
Chimerical 450
Artisan of moonsilver 50
Claw speak -50

Items
Stabilized moonsilver x2 (10 talons) -150
Dreamstones free
Celestial rabbit -300
Silver needles of intricate design -500
The silver seat manse -700

Drawbacks
The wyld hunt -500
Outshined by sunlight -300
Obvious tell fangs -200
Its complicated -100
Blood debts 0

You know what? Fuck it. Im a big water lizard, Im gonna pay off some debts and hunt shit while fighting dragonbloodeds. Finally got an aquatic form at least. Didnt like the capstones really but magical tattoos are cool.
>>
>>52942645
Not really. There are plenty of effects that are represented in both forms where there is still benefits to getting one over the other or both.
Jump fiat gives perks a edge.
Charms are more multifarious and flexible with you having some freedom to make new ones at need customised to your needs.
And they can potentially stack together for greater effects.

But it may be best to stop talking about this now. We'd already wound down mostly when shit-chan come up and right now I'm not really up for any more talk about Exalted. Especailly since he's probably still lurking look for an opportunity to restart shitposting.
>>
>>52942686
>>52942700
He tricked you into replying to him again, idiots.
>>
>>52942572
This isn't practical at all.
>>
>>52942645
>They do invalidate all the other solutions though.
You'd have to be pretty silly to think they invalidate other solutions. Just because a solution exists in Exalted doesn't mean other people can't offer other solutions. If they don't want to that's fine, if they can't think of any others that's fine, but in no way does Exalted invalidate others.
>>
>>52942641
Go anon. Go become the next Dirge.
>>
>>52942686
Terrestrials have some decent healing charms; a
cure disease charm, a cure poison charm, and a heal open wounds charm.
>>
File: 1490340982195.jpg (52KB, 395x609px) Image search: [Google]
1490340982195.jpg
52KB, 395x609px
>>52942708
I'll be an idiot replying to bait if even one person benefits from me trying to explainin something.
There's a lot of people who lurk more than post so I like to do my best for their sake.
>>
>>52942716
... A changelog would probably be a good idea, yes.

Main Guide: White Knight style background has been added.

Supplement: A bunch of new aspects, and a few changed prices based on feedback I got.
>>
>>52942737
I shall ascend to that almighty throne if it's the last thing I do!
Thank you for your support, worthy anon.
Now, witness my glory!
*slip on a banana peel, dies*
>>
>>52942763
You can't die yet, you still have thirty something jumps left to make and dump in the thread all at once. Is it still thirty something or has he hit forty now?
>>
>>52942763
>>52942763
>*slip on a banana peel, dies*
...anon? Anon?! ANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
>>
File: cuLbHYE.jpg (74KB, 960x700px) Image search: [Google]
cuLbHYE.jpg
74KB, 960x700px
>>52942741
They do? I know there's disease and poison fixing charms, but curing wounds is new to me.
Do they have them in ways that work on other people?
Because I'll admit I've only skimmed the Dragonbloods pdfs, but I don't recall anything much for that.
I know combat healing is rare to nonexistant in exalted so I'd be pretty suprised if terrestrials of all people had it.
>>
>>52942776
>>52942780
He has died a banana-death, there is nothing to be done now.
He lives on in Banana-valhalla.
>>
>>52942686
>>52942700
>For example Exalted has zero cure magics.
Why would you even need any with perfect defense and soak for days?

>The best they can do is be a really good doctor.
The thing about that though, is that with exalted bullshit that might actually be even better than Healing magic.

>>52942700
The problem isn't Charms individually relative to perks. It's the fact that there are so many charms with so many effects, and you can gain access to any and all of them basically just for going to an exalted jump, that makes perks from other jumps pointless. Because 'why would I need a perk to do this thing, I already went to exalted and so I can already do that', which leads to everyone just using Exalted for everything.
>>
>>52942782
Oh it still isn't proper combat healing, it only closes the wounds and stops them from being lethal damage instead of fully healing them.

Still it is an instant touch effect, so I guess it could be useful in combat for someone who could keep fighting if they had something to stop them from bleeding out.
>>
>>52942806
RIP Bananon.
>>
>>52942817
Perks are often passive effects that need no conscious activation or expenditure of resources to use. This makes them relevant even for a high-Essence Exalted, as the main limitations on an Exalted's power are their supply of Essence and the speed at which they can activate charms.
>>
>>52942817
There are Solar charms that cure certain effects aren't there? I think there were E3 Charms that were made specifically to cure some things.
>>
>>52942817
Can't you make the same argument for every D&D jump, every FF jump, Disgaea, Star Wars, every SMT or Devil Durvivor Jump, Gamer Jump... God, so many jumps that give a wide variety of options and abilities?
Why then single out Exalted?
It's difficult to believe that this isn't shitposting. Give me something to work with here, man.
>>
File: 1462602520233.gif (421KB, 380x270px) Image search: [Google]
1462602520233.gif
421KB, 380x270px
>>52942843
Well that still proves me wrong.
Thanks for showing me something new even if it isn't super impressive.
I still wouldn't want that as my main source of healing, but it does do the job.
>>
>>52942872
You are giving the benefit of the doubt to someone who has already proven that they don't deserve it.
>>
>>52942583
So if something doesn't have a 0% chance of success, PERFECT means you can achieve it if you try? That's pretty sweet.
>>
>>52942623
UG Cells from G Gundam, but its an item. They're 600 CP flat but they are the BEST regen item and completely worth the stiff pricing.
>>
>>52942817
Pick any jump with freeformish magic or just a massive amount of breadth to the magic system.
It's the same level of solving every problem it's just not compartmentalized into easy bite sized charms.
Why is exalted so much worse to you? Is it because it's difficult to get in to?
>>
>>52942686
Sidereals can't just retroactively punch away injury or disease or whatever?
>>
>>52942583
Perfect is um. Well it's something.
Combos extremely well with something like pioneer of the stars.
inb4 omnipotence shitposting
>>
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Discuss.
>>
>>52942872
I can see where you'd be going with on D&D, SMT, and Devil Survivor, but Gamer and Disgaea are really just for key options, Star Wars is really just the Force, and FF has nothing unique to it that you can't find from FF1 alone.
>>
>>52942872
Because none of those actually have solutions to every single problem anyone could want. D&D doesn't give easy solutions to every problem, and the magic of that setting is basically omnipotent. Neither does FF, Disgaea, Star Wars, SMT, or the Gamer have even a modicum of the sheer outrageous versatility and potency that charms do.
>>
>>52942967
Jet fuel can melt steel beams if you use that charm from exalted :^)
>>
>>52942583
>Perfect
No.

>Destry
No.

What the hell are you even thinking with these, especially Perfect?
>>
>>52942978
>>52942984
When I see people wanking charms so hard I wonder if they actually read the manuals or if they're just going off of VS threads.
>>
I have few questions about exalted.

1) If I go devil-tiger in Infernals then I become enemy of Yozi and other infernal exalted?

2) At what level of essence we start jump and what is our essence at end of jump ?
>>
>>52942583
>Lemme distract you with ridiculously OP perks about to start another shitstorm
How do you even put that bullshit in
>>
>>52943004
Interjump balance.
>>
>>52943032
>Interjump balance
Motherfucker are you telling me any other other 600s are even close to as good as Perfect?
>>
>>52943016
Not necessarily, but they are going to be very suspicious of you and probably will want to detain you and dismantle your soul to figure out what the hell just happened.

You start at Essence 2. You end at whatever you've raised it to by then, but no higher than Essence 6.
>>
>>52942967
Jet fuel can melt steel beams. Steel melts at 2500F, you just need future jet fuel. Or change the alloy composition. Or use different pressure conditions.
>>
>>52942916
>>52942965
>>52943004

Perfect is one of the reasons this is still a WIP, yes. I just have no idea what else it would do; Ranger is utter bullshit, and notes that it's a passive ability, so... yeah. Couldn't really figure out what else an Aspect called "Perfect" that's passive might do. So have that as a placeholder for now.

Destroy is canon, as far as I can tell. White Knight summons a memory-ghost which grants him super-skills, Black Knight grabs him, triggers Destroy, and annihilates it. I need to fix the wording on that, yes.

Also: Reminder that Names are limited in how much power they can grant you. Higher defenses cause them to fail because they just can't keep up. I just didn't see the point of actually saying that.

Other things I'm still tinkering with:

Dabble
Obey
Heal vs. Bless
Recall
>>
>>52943016
1) Probably. Better bring your A game negotiation skills or get the fuck out of hell.

2) Essence 2 but it's actually 3 if you take sorcery.
At the end of the jump you'll probably be around 5 if you push yourself. Going farther takes time or cheating.
>>
>>52943016
>If I go devil-tiger in Infernals then I become enemy of Yozi and other infernal exalted?
Only if they find out, but yes. Hell yes. Though Malfeas would secretly like it, Theion adored the idea of things growing 'beyond their station', and it's part of why Malfeas likes Solars, despite his hatred of them.

>At what level of essence we start jump and what is our essence at end of jump ?
I would assume 2, the normal starting essence of an Exalt.
5 would be the max if you don't take the "Trapped in Hell" drawback.
>>
>>52943012
My post had literally nothing to do with Exalted, I was just pointing out how you were using bad examples of wide variety of options and abilities.
>>
>>52943056
How we can rise our essence? And can we fanwank activation devil tiger after we get charms that we want?
>>
>>52943067
Maybe just have it allow you to apply yourself at your best all the time instead of just autosucceeding at everything theoretically possible?
Like taking 20 on every roll but it doesn't take any extra time.
No crits of course.

This is just a suggestion, but as is it's ludicrously powerful.
>>
>>52943053
Yes?
>>
>>52943078
Theion would probably have been tickled to fucking death if the newly-created Solars had like, marched up to Yu Shan and demanded to be lords creation below instead of trying to overthrow him. Might have even given them that dominion.
>>
>>52943104
... That's what it's supposed to do. Is that not what the wording implies?
>>
>>52943067
The broken part of Destroy is the ignore any defences. It doesn't sound like what you described includes that.

If they are limited, stop using examples that make them sound like they're not limited. "There is no defense that can withstand your touch" is something quoted directly from there. Stick to your rules. Stop saying it's a reminder when you yourself need reminding.

For other examples, your new Recall name, another thing that is described as being an absolute effect, despite you supposedly having them limited by the Name power.

Perfect shouldn't be there. Not even as a placeholder. Nothing there is as good as it.
>>
>>52943085
oh I'm just another guy not who you were responding too.
My mistake for getting what you were saying wrong.
>>
>>52943096
Essence grows over time and by doing stuff with it, keep in mind that you cannot become essence 6+ for 100 years. This means that unless a drawback keeps you in the jump there won't be any chance of you going Devil Tiger while you are there.
>>
>>52943096
Meditation, and time. That's about it.

I don't see why not. Though you need to be at least Essence 6.

>>52943109
Hell Virtiol's original version was supposed to be a mutagen that made things go 'beyond their station', and he wanted it to be a core Element of Creation. Theion was a cool guy in some ways.
>>
>>52943096
You raise your Essence through cultivating your soul, whatever specific method you use is up to you. Meditation, mystical rituals, rare potions, just exercising your Essence through use, whatever. It's not particularly hard, just time-consuming, at least to get up to Essence 5. Past that it gets difficult. As for the second part of your question, I don't understand what you're asking.
>>
>>52943118
Not really from my reading. It says if you could maybe do something. then you will do it. Even if it's a 1 in a gorillian chance like quantum tunneling.
Instead of always rolling a 20 you just don't even bother rolling and win since you could make the roll.
>>
>>52943143
Incorrect. Ascendency Mantle of (Yozi) allows you to raise your Essence cap by one point so long as you're acting like the Yozi you learned the charm for. So getting to Essence 6 is possible in the first ten years of being an Infernal.
>>
>>52943148
I think it was Garlock who commented that Theion was basically a mixture of Old Testament Yahweh and Simon the Digger. Think about it: his thematics us a lot of green flame, he wants things to push beyond what's possible for them and evolve, his greatest power comes from having lots of supporters believing in him, and in Gunstar Autocthonia the name of his kingdom is "the Spiral".
>>
>>52943126
Er. Destroy doesn't /ignore/ defenses, it /breaks/ them, which isn't exactly canon, but a power that does nothing but shatter memory-ghosts is legitimately useless, and that seemed more in-theme for Black Knight and Destroy.

What's wrong with Perfect? What it's supposed to do, in game terms is that if you roll a d% to attack, you act as if you rolled 100. If it sounds like what's being described later, then... see below for how it's supposed to be fixed, I guess.

>>52943174
... Well shit. Yeah, that's a problem. Suggestions for fixing the wording? I'm thinking something like

"When an action is taken, the result is as if you had acted with perfect grace, the best result that you could be expected to achieve."

might fit better?
>>
>>52943217
So the biggest part of a 600cp power is completely made up. And again, it is worded in a way that the effect is useless, despite the fact that you have said none of them are meant to be and that they're limited by the power of the name. Something you routinely seem to forget.
>>
>>52943162
>>52943148
>>52943143
I mean Devil tiger from perk. I ask because of talks about nice charms like that one that allow us to punch people in to resources.
>>
File: Where's the party.jpg (60KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Where's the party.jpg
60KB, 750x600px
>>52943213
I.....can't argue with that.
Huh.
>>
>>52943239
That perk doesn't make you a Devil-Tiger, it just gives you access to another set of Charms, you can make up, based off of an imaginary Devil-Tiger.

Also being a Devil-Tiger doesn't exempt you from taking the charms of other Yozi, you're still an Infernal in that way.
>>
>>52943236
What do you want then?
>>
>>52943217
Honestly just having you constantly performing at your absolute peak is an incredible effect and fully within the theme of the aspect, and it fits the kinda crap we see Ranger pull off.

With the stronger your name has grown meaning that you're operating on a higher and higher part of your personal bell curve. Hell I'd drop 600cp for that.
>>
>>52943259
Ok thanks for answers.
>>
>>52943264
Preferably, for non canon things to be removed and for the ability to be moved to a price fitting what it actually does, instead of being artificially inflated.

Minimally, for the descriptions of the aspects to actually match up with what Heart is using to handwave away so many complaints, that they're reliant on the power of the name and are not absolute effects.
>>
>>52943012
But charms are legitimately immensely varied and all more potent than pretty much any magic.
>>
>>52943217
I think that would fix it yeah.
Still powerful, but not something that puts every situation on autopilot.
>>
>>52943297
So, basically
>remove any supporting fiat to this power, hardcap it's capabilities so that it's basically useless, and make it cheaper
How about no.
>>
>>52943236
... I mean. Half the Aspects exact details had to be made up, yes. This isn't a tabletop RPG where I have everything described to me, I'm basically working on what information I have. And that's "Destroy is used by Black Knight to break through his opponent's trick when he runs into one and doesn't know what it is." He's also a guy with utter disdain for magic items and such tricks, running under the assumption that they'll fail when things fail. I'm basically running off a mix of characterization, tropes, and guesses as to how things work. Sometimes I'm wrong. Sometimes I'm right. That's why I put things up for review here, so that people can point at problems.

I /personally/ don't feel that a magic buff/wardbreaker is overwhelmingly powerful, but apparently it is?

And, um, the reason I didn't feel like it was worth mentioning that's how it works is because that's how /names/ work. And this is a supplement for designing your Name. So I figured I could be a bit more grandoise with the descriptions. But if that's causing confusion, I can change that, sure.

>>52943282
... I don't understand what you mean? Something along the lines of just not having crappy days, or always being the equivalent of running on Adrenaline in terms of physical capabilities?

>>52943306
You're talking about Perfect, correct? Clarifying that it's just that you roll a 20 out of 20 on your rolls?
>>
>>52943333
>Supporting fiat
He's said they're not meant to be fiat.
>Hardcap
As he said it did.
>Make it cheaper
If it's weaker, it shouldn't cost as much. What's the problem there?
>>
>>52943338
That they'll fail when things go wrong*
>>
File: 1462041121630.gif (2MB, 400x249px) Image search: [Google]
1462041121630.gif
2MB, 400x249px
>>52943338
Yeah I meant perfect.
>>
>>52943338
So most of these amazing powers are mostly made up. Okay, fine. Power grab but whatever, can't expect you to nerf and/or remove everything so we need to move past that.

There's a difference between grandiose and misleading. If so many of the names keep telling you "You can do this thing no matter what" or "No one can do this thing to you no matter what", despite that being explicitly not true, then it's going to lead to confusion. You can make things seem grand without misleading people as to how good they actually are.
>>
>>52943380
Jesus Christ, can you shitpost any harder? You just want the jumpmaker to rip most of the text out until they have only a couple of powers, with incredibly vague but severely hampered capabilities, at which point you'll bitch because there's not enough content.
>>
>>52942917
We have a G Gundam jump? I can't find anything like that in the drive. Is it under a weird name?
>>
>>52943466
Yes, that's why I said we needed to move past that, because I didn't expect them to do that.

Is this really the extent of your shit posting? You aren't even bothering to read the entire post you're shit posting at.
>>
>>52943380
Most of the lower ranking powers are made up. The higher ranking ones are generally canon. I can nerf the lower ranking ones further if you'd like, but I'll admit to not seeing the point.

And I mean. The writing style's because I'm trying to write in Storybook Hero style. Like how in the Fate/Stay Night VN, Cu Chullain's spear is sold as a spear that will always penetrate the heart, and then doesn't, because that's not how Fate/Stay Night works. Similarly, Triumph is, in-setting, sold as a "I will TRIUMPH!" ability, and then promptly utterly fails to actually result in that, because that's not how Names work. Basically: When's the last time you heard of a sword that "can cut through anything as long as it's less tough than a foot thick piece of steel"? Even if it can't, it's still billed as a Sword which can cut through anything.

But if it's actively misleading, then yeah, I'll fix it. I just wrote with the assumption that most people would be familiar with the limitations of Names if they're taking the jump. Which, I suppose isn't really a fair assumption. *Shrug* Anyway, yeah, I'll get to work on clarifying things.
>>
>>52943466
He did the same about Blame, FFX, and some other jump recently if you'll remember.
>>
>>52943467
It's Gundam Future Century, yeah, after what they call the G Gundam timeline.
>>
>>52943467
It's under "Gundam Future Century", the Gundam jumps (with the exception of SEED) are listed by the name of the timeline rather than the series. Not really necessary for most timelines, since the majority only have a single entry, but whatever.
>>
>>52943492
Most people aren't going to be familiar with a semi obscure web novel. If you're writing for the Harry Potter Jump or something then you can run with the expectation that people know what's up. It's still going to be wrong, because not everyone has, but at least you're working with something that is genuinely mega popular. A Practical Guide to Evil, regardless of it's actual quality, just doesn't have anywhere close enough fame to rely on people coming in knowing all the limits, especially since your explanations in the supplement do not clearly outline this particular issue.
>>
>>52943466
Have you just been conveniently ignoring the last few months?
>>
>>52943533
I personally don't jump to setting I don't know, so I guess I let that habit affect my jumpmaking. Apologies for that.

And huh. I could have sworn that I put that in. Apparently not. WELL. That explains THAT.
>>
>>52943525
>>52943520
Ok, I see it, but what's the deal with these UG cells >>52942917 was talking about? They talked about them like they were a purchasable item, but I can't find anything resembling that.
>>
>>52943298
Charms excell at doing things people can already do but better. Primordial charms are wierder, but they still don't have the sheer range that D&D magic has. Even Inheritence has more do whatever potential if you think about it. Mage the Awakening is another magic system that does loads. Any of those can solve any practical problem by applying them liberally, and a lot of the times it's even better than how exalted does it.

Exalted charms aren't the end all be all. I suppose if you jump every exalted splat you'd have a massive toolkit, but that's five plus jumps worth of material and you'd still have plenty of holes. That kind of toolkit is bound to happen after jumping a lot of high fantasy regardless.
>>
>>52943576
Inert UG Cells, friend.
>>
>>52943520
>>52943525
>>52943640

I would like to apologize for wasting all your time, I have just realized that my confusion was coming from a vert stupid mistake. I assumed that Mobile Jump Gundam was the jump representing all gundam series, I didn't make the connection that you were referring to the separate jumps.
>>
>>52943599
>Any of those can solve any practical problem by applying them liberally, and a lot of the times it's even better than how exalted does it.
BUUULLLSSSHHIIIIIIT
If you put an exalted charm against any of those, the Exalted charm will win against any of those, and the Charm will beat every single one, no fucking contest.

In no universe can any DnD spell, or Inheritance magic under any circumstances, out do what charms are capable of, or win against them in a straight competition.
>>
>>52943681
Why do you make your shitposting so obvious?
>>
>>52942572
>a WIP, not an update
So, just confirming, it's a WIP of the .6 update you're planning from the .5 you last posted?
>>
>>52943681
No they can't? An exalted flurry charm isn't going to help when your oponent is intangible.
A strength excellency charm isn't going to help when a mage decides to teleport to his moon base.
I don't know what you're trying to say, but you aren't doing a very good job of it.
>>
>>52943681
I don't think you actually know what charms do.
This isn't fanboi shit because if it was you'd be giving examples. Why do you shitpost so?
Do you think it will make exalted fags look bad? Because it's pretty obvious you aren't actually one of them.
>>
>>52943710
>An exalted flurry charm isn't going to help when your opponent is intangible.
There are charms that hit or allow your attacks to hit intangible enemies.
>A strength excellency charm isn't going to help when a mage decides to teleport to his moon base.
Some perfect attacks hit regardless of what your opponent does, regardless of if they teleport. The attack will still land.
>>
>>52943703
Yes. I've been tinkering with all sorts of things (as you can tell from the discussions about how some of the things are completely broken- somewhat surprised that there weren't more, since things like Dabble felt a bit OP to me), and I'm not planning on releasing an actual update until the end of the current Book. I just posted this because the shitposting was annoying me, and I figured hey, as long as we're shitposting, let's harness it for something constructive and let me smooth some of the harsher parts of the jump!
>>
>>52943737
That's not what you were arguing son.
>>
>>52943737
Oh so we're cherry picking scenarios now?

Ok. If an exalt tries adamant skin technique he gets teleported to the sun.
If he tries perfectly dodging the ground is now lava.
If he wants to hit the wizard with his perfect attack the wizard was actually a simalcrum and there are actually 3 million of him running around so you'd better get killing m'kay.

Don't be retarded.
>>
File: catputdown.gif (1016KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
catputdown.gif
1016KB, 250x333px
>>52942555
In Nintendogs, I enjoyed 10 years as a cat. Jarvis snarked that there was no discernible difference.
>>
>>52943738
I found Dabble was really unclear to me. Are we getting instant mastery in something or just a bit of skill?
>>
>>52943755
No, that is exactly what I was arguing. In a competition where you put Charms against any of the examples given, the Charms will beat those examples out. Moreover, the charms will be able to do all the same things as those examples and better as well.
>>
>>52943778
>In Nintendogs, I enjoyed 10 years as a cat.
>Being a cat
>When you could be a dog
>>
>>52943781
The canon example of Dabble is Hedge Wizard. Her 'usage' of it is basically that she knows ALL THE MAGIC, but she can only use any given spell once per day. So... whatever the hell that falls under.
>>
>>52943809
Er, since hyperbole seems to be the problem I feel the urge to clarify it's not literally all the magic, but instead, "Her Name allowed her to use and understand sorceries so wide in scope and different in nature that it was effectively impossible for anyone else to know them all, but it did have one glaring flaw: she could never use the same trick twice the same day. "
>>
>>52943809
Does Sorcery's magic-boosting effect apply to out-of-jump magic systems? Also, do Names count as "magic" for perks/anti-magic/interactions which would affect magic?
>>
>>52943809
Yeah that...could do with some clearing up.
>>
>>52943775
>If an exalt tries adamant skin technique he gets teleported to the sun
I conceed on this point, but you'd probably be able to make a charm that allowed you to no sell translocation.
>If he tries perfectly dodging the ground is now lava.
Depending on the Perfect Dodge, it still works, also Environmental protection charms
>If he wants to hit the wizard with his perfect attack the wizard was actually a simalcrum and there are actually 3 million of him running around so you'd better get killing m'kay.
Charms that hit multiple opponents.
>>
File: The Council of Thirteen.jpg (1MB, 2172x1000px) Image search: [Google]
The Council of Thirteen.jpg
1MB, 2172x1000px
>/jc/ right now
>>
>>52943829
Yes and no. Name-magic seems to be distinct from "actual" magic, in that Squire's capable of necromancy, for example, but no one mistakes her for an actual spellcaster.

>>52943833
I'm aware. Which is why this wasn't supposed to be posted. I legit just sufficiently pissed off at the pointless shitposting that I threw something half-finished and completely unpolished at the board in an attempt to make it stop. And hey, seems to have mostly worked! That being said, any idea how I should clarify that? Because so far I have no idea. [/grumbles about books not having tables which perfectly explain the full limits of every single power in them for ease of access]

More seriously though, yeah, I have no idea how to clean it up. Hopefully I'll get more information about the details or at least inspiration for presenting it more neatly before the end of the book and my promised actual-update. If not, I guess I'll repeatedly throw it at the thread and hope some kind anon makes a good suggestion.

... On that note, don't actually bother saving this PDF, because chances are, half the stuff I just added won't be in there, or will get completely replaced before I actually post.
>>
>>52943886
I don't think anyone, even /jc/, has ever gone full skaven.
>>
>>52943782
So because charms do absolute attacks and defenses they're always better?
There's a lot of shit charms don't do. You won't find charms that can sever the arteries in the brain of every single person in an army with no effort. Charms don't exist for generating grease on command or for teleporting anywhere.
Even when contested head on charms can lose if they're not perfect.

Please do show me where charms can bring back the dead too.
I'd love to see it.
>>
>>52943904
I'd say be clearer about how it works, like that you have to focus on a specific field and how it works that you're getting knowledge/what level of knowledge you're getting from it. It's feeling too vague right now and unclear about what it does and what level it does those things at.
>>
File: how do I computers.jpg (64KB, 580x427px) Image search: [Google]
how do I computers.jpg
64KB, 580x427px
>>52943778
>being a cat

I'm not sure I read that correctly. You went to Nintendogs and decided to be a cat? When you could have been a corgi? Is such a thing even possible?
>>
Does a Hearthstone need to match with the magic material of the artifact it is socketed in?
>>
>>52943738
Here, friend anon, I found a cozy little place across the web. You'll find no shitposting here, just lovely discussions and great ingenuity. I hope you'll find it more palatable...

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-931#post-34301926
>>
File: ABSOLUTELY HERETICAL.jpg (230KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELY HERETICAL.jpg
230KB, 720x540px
>>52943778
>>
File: jc4.jpg (63KB, 845x521px) Image search: [Google]
jc4.jpg
63KB, 845x521px
>>52938868
>what happens if I use the City of Heaven on the borders of four Devil-Tiger's jotuns while they're perched atop a Yozi's jotun

FTFY

>>52941796
FUCK YEAH, LION DOMES.

That shit's getting top priority for when I renovate Yu-Shan, AND for when my cults ask me how I want to be worshipped.

>>52942572
>WIP

...I'm sorry, did I miss something? I thought this was finished a while ago?

>>52942620
I still find it hilarious in hindsight that in his intro Emiya keeps playing up what a weak, shitty Servant he is.

It's like how Batman and Justice League.

>>52942686
Well, technically SWLIHN's Wholesomeness Rightly Assumed can be recalibrated to heal levels of damage. I'm pretty sure it's actually flat-out the best healing Charm in the game in terms of speed.

It's still a SUCKY form of healing in terms of cost-benefit analysis, when it costs 15 motes and a point of willpower. Which actually costs more than her most powerful published attack Charm abnormies get out reeeeee Space Monster Scream in everything except health levels.

And sure, Solars/Dragonblooded can be supernaturally good doctors. The thing is though-unlike a LOT of forms of healing magic (say, Phoenix Down in Final Fantasy) there is NO "poof, you're healed". Exalted is very mechanistic about it's metaphysics, and makes it clear healing is supposed to be either very costly, or very prolonged, and usually both. Oh sure, give a Twilight the weekend off and he can build you a tank that harmonises reality and unreality to mend someone mutated by the Wyld. But heal a bunch of people missing legs and arms with nothing but Charms before they bleed out? That stumps almost all Exalts.

And there's absolutely NO ressurection, in present Creation. The only entity explicitly associated with ressurection is literally known as the king of the universe. And is from a Shard.

Warcraft's Light, Supernatural's angelic touch-heck, maybe even TF2's Medi-Guns would all be gamechangers in Creation.
>>
>>52943920
Not him, but it kind of activates my almonds when I have a dog form when most of them are cats. And besides, if I wanted to be a dog, that's what shapeshifting is for.
>>
>>52943870
There are no charms that allow you to hit 3 million wizards at once. Not unless you actually think creation slaying oblivion kick is real, but then we'd have a different problem on our hands.

At the absolute worst case wank scenario for exalted it still loses because of endurance. But this wasn't a vs argument. It was a can charms outcompete these magics at doing all things. And they can't. Charms can't match the versatility of D&D magic for noncombat use for sure.
You can't make hundreds of demiplanes and just leave them lying around with exalted charms and you can't make von neuman golems workforces with charms.
There's a lot you're not thinking about here.
>>
File: is naptime.jpg (187KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
is naptime.jpg
187KB, 1280x1707px
>>52943955
Oh, fair enough, fair enough. Fun things are fun. I may simply be biased!
>>
>>52943929
Except Heart ran from SB to here, so your meme kind of falls apart.
>>
>>52943980
That is the meme. Anon Heart gets hit with SB links every other time he feels like posting.
Anon Heart is too good a sport to get upset about it though so it probably won't stop anytime soon.
>>
So since people are mentioning exalted I have a dumb mechanical question. I am still learning the system but I grasp that at some level it's a white wolf game but I am wondering for a damage based character how many dice worth of attacks are they usually throwing out. I kind of loaded up on having extra health levels and I am curios how badly I screwed up. I did get an absolute defense but you can't defend against everything.
>>
>>52943929
Reminder that I'm Shadlith, and already on there.

>>52943912
I don't actually know what level of knowledge yet. Presumably enough to actually use it, but not enough to innovate. Not sure how to phrase that without it clashing horribly with the tone.

Current potential wording:
>You may choose a single field, though that field may be as wide-ranging as “magic”, such as Hedge Wizard claims as her domain. Though you may not know every skill in that field, you may call upon the tricks within, using fire magic you do not know to cast a fireball, or ice magic to conjure a wall of ice. Be warned though- this Aspect is not endless. Each trick you call upon will be no more than a trick of skill. It shall not bring with it greater magical reserves, or necessary limbs, or any other such boost, and far more gravely, each trick may be called but once.

It's a bit wordy, but I.. think it gets the point across? Hopefully?

>>52943940
WIP of the update. I'm planning an update, and that's the WIP of it.
>>
File: cat space marine.jpg (20KB, 341x192px) Image search: [Google]
cat space marine.jpg
20KB, 341x192px
>>52943797
>>52943920
>>52943939
/shrug
Dogs are alright. When they're not slobbering on me. I just like cats more.
>>
>>52944003
Much clearer yeah.
>>
>>52943920
>>52943969
No way I'd be a corgi. Make-believe game or not, I'm not that far into self-delusion. Still aware of my roots.

No, I'm a cat. A Garfield. Grumpy and fat and brown-orange-ish.
>>
Could Ligier match an E10 Solar?

If not:
At what point does a Solar become the equal of the Green Sun?
>>
>>52944013
Awesome, much thanks, Anon.
>>
File: f3f4fe6a4fe3e4ff01f9cf9813e778f9.jpg (195KB, 1280x949px) Image search: [Google]
f3f4fe6a4fe3e4ff01f9cf9813e778f9.jpg
195KB, 1280x949px
>>52944001
In exalted the best defense is not to get hit.
The damage is unreal. Like 15+ dice is pretty normal for enhanced attacks without minmaxing. At least from exalts. Other things aren't so stupid.
Trying to just eat damage like a champ isn't the best idea, but if you've got loads of soak it's doable to a degree.

More health levels is always good though even if they're not something you want to use. Accidents happen after all.
>>
File: Neps Internally.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Neps Internally.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
>>52944000
Oh. Huh. Legit did not notice that. Well, I feel like an idiot.
>>
File: possessed.jpg (38KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
possessed.jpg
38KB, 600x851px
Ever been possessed, /jc/? How'd it work out in the end?
>>
Hey, so, how does the Golden Core from Generic Dungeon builder actually work? Does it actually provide me with a skeleton work force, or is that just an abstraction of 'you have to dig the dungeon out manually, here's some money to pay someone else to do it'? What does the various uses of the word 'power' mean? Mana for growing the dungeon? Why does Prototype get so many more and better discounts?
>>
>>52944070
But seriously I'm glad you stick around. Cool dudes like yourself are a pleasure to post with.
>>
>>52944064
Thanks, I may have to tweak some of my charms then, I sort of took two drawbacks in the infernal jump that meant everyone wanted to kill my. My plan was survive long enough to run away and maybe play both sides off against each other if I could.
>>
File: KittyNep.png (828KB, 735x1077px) Image search: [Google]
KittyNep.png
828KB, 735x1077px
>>52944095
I'm happy to hear that, Anon! I enjoy this community a lot as well!
>>
File: tumblr_ooq9anxu8T1tbw65eo1_500.jpg (114KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooq9anxu8T1tbw65eo1_500.jpg
114KB, 500x707px
>>52939488
400's. Remember to point out problems!
https://pastebin.com/t5h55j4L
>>
File: Crona 21.jpg (37KB, 420x556px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 21.jpg
37KB, 420x556px
>>52944078
Not personally, but a companion got possessed by their Stand once and lemme tell you, it was less than great.
>>
>>52944162
Generic and a little underwhelming. Isn't this a giant JRPG? It seems like you should at least have enough content to do double perk trees for 4 origins.
>>
>>52944162
Looks good to me.
>>
How does this capstone sound for the "cheater" origin in Podracer?

600 - Sabotage - Keh keh keh keh…. did you see the look on that kid’s face. I suppose that’s only natural when one’s engines explode like that. A mechanical fault, to be sure. The Balmorran circuit champion just dropped out? No idea why. Incidentally you’re very talented when it comes to removing obstacles through less than direct means. Life is covered with faultlines, vulnerabilities to be exploited by those with more than the most base cunning. Pods, people and concepts break apart under your gaze as you gain an inherent understanding of how to sabotage them. Destroy engines, tear apart lovers and topple magnates from their thrones. We all have weaknesses, how about you capitalise on them?
>>
>>52944006
My cat slobbers.

They are not free of it.
>>
File: jc2.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jc2.png
127KB, 500x281px
[Ultraman]

Drawbacks: Coming of Belial, Children of Zagi (2000)

Rolled Ultraman Leo

Resident of the Land of Light (1000)
Ultraman is Shaped like a Friend (Free)
Space Garrison Training (900)
Space Information Center Student (600)
Ultra Armor (Free)
Inner Workings (Free)
Inner Light (Free)
Longevity (Free)
Ultra Beam (Free)
Strength (Free)
Endurance (Free)
Reflexes (Free)
Size Alterations (Free)
Mental Abilities (Free)
Barriers (Free)
Flight (Free)
Healing (Free)
Assimilation (Free)
Human Mimic (Free)
Travel Sphere (Free)
Ultra Sign (Free)
Ultra Twinkle Way (Free)
Techtor Gear (Free)
Imprison (300)
Green Crystal Palace (100)
Comfort (0)

...I was dimly aware of Ultraman, before jumpchain. As "the huge mclargebig shiny silver guy in the rubber suit that makes the rubber monsters fall down".

Jumpchain has of course taught me a bit more about the genre via Kamen Rider, which has mostly confused me more. What I tae away from all is that no matter how convoluted, the major conflicts keep devolving into people screaming about justice and dive kicking each other. Or friendship.

So I'm against big guy Cell, and big guy...Sinestro...?

Anyway, since Earth is always where things go down I strongly believe it's in the interest of "universal peace and justice" to uplift the nations of Earth with long ranged Incubator/Silver Age/Necron technology to snipe the illegal aliens from afar, or at least whittle them down before dive kicks become the only solution again.

>>52944003
Oh, alright.

I feel really stupid that I didn't think of looking at the Named Supplement to figure out what was new

>>52944026
I became a corgi specifically to play against expectations. D'you know how HARD it is for me to be stealthy and exercise anything close to my full power, normally?

Nobody takes a mastermind dog in a futuristic cockpit seriously. Elodie keeps giving me tummy scratches. Bystanders think I'm some kind of meme.
>>
>>52944301
Wait, this is actually happening?
>>
>>52944323
Yeah... is that okay?
>>
>>52944301
Feels like it applies mostly beyond the constraints of Podracer.
>>
>>52944338
Would you prefer a mechanically focused perk?
>>
>>52944087
Nothing?
>>
>>52944357
Feels like it would fit more. Sabotage for machines fits, sabotaging romances or entire countries doesn't feel like it fits the setting.
>>
>>52944333
I suppose.
>>
File: tumblr_oou1zq9Epm1uipqnro1_1280.png (604KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oou1zq9Epm1uipqnro1_1280.png
604KB, 1280x719px
>>52944197
Can you point out where they're generic/underwhelming? Also I feel like double perk lines would lead to some pretty serious reaching.
>>52944265
Thanks.
>>
>>52944357
Not him but having it mostly focused on mechanical with perhaps some degree of added talent for other forms of sabotage would be fine. The sabotaging concepts part though? That seems like a bit too much.
>>
File: JC12.gif (378KB, 250x373px) Image search: [Google]
JC12.gif
378KB, 250x373px
>>52944301
Concepts is a bit too far for a racing game that doesn't even involve the Force normally. Looks alright, otherwise. Or heartbreak, or political schisms as far as I know.

Reckon sticking to mechanistic breakdowns is-yeah, what >>52944373 said

>>52939488
>>52944162
>The Accomplice

Might just be me but it seems a little substantial compared to the other 200 CPs? The others are just befriending people or being good at something and this one's like being the class pet but among grownups too

The rest looks alright, very Persona-y

>>52943908
...how awful are the Skaven anyway?

They have to be pretty damn awful if even the other Chaos Gods told their god to piss off.
>>
>>52944394
How would it be reaching? You've got dozens of hours of main and side content to work with.

Just a quick look online gave me a 90 hour playtime for just the main story, 104 hours for doing some of the extra stuff too. 165 hours for completionists.

Add to that the fact that it's a persona game, ones known for the massive casts of characters, and you say it'd be reaching to have more then 4 origins with 4 perks each? We have jumps bigger then that based on things with a fraction of the content.
>>
>>52944394
If I had to guess, I would say that most of the perks boil down to "do this thing the corresponding character does, and it works better"
If there's stuff that ties more directly to the supernatural elements of the game; personas, the metaverse, velvet room functions, etc. That might give it some more flavor
>>
>>52944087
I... think it does give a workforce. I remember Dungeon Keeper working that way, and it's pretty iconic for the genre the Generic covers.

It does seem like power is just a generic way to grow your dungeon, yeah.

No comment. Golden4lyfe.
>>
>>52944397
How about these two:

200 - Ramming - To hell with Newtonian physics! You just hit that guy, that shouldn’t reflect on you and your Pod. When it comes to blunt force, you give a lot more than you take. This doesn’t apply to projectiles, only to any object that may effectively serve as a tool for ‘melee’ combat. If you and another driver attempt to ram one another, both flying Pods of similar mass, they’re going to fly off course whereas you’ll keep to the track. Attempts to shunt you result in near inertia on your part, the force required to move you being several times as great as it should be.

600 - Sabotage - Keh keh keh keh…. did you see the look on that kid’s face? I suppose that’s only natural when one’s engines explode like that. A mechanical fault, to be sure. The Balmorran circuit champion just dropped out? Of the sky in many pieces? Incidentally you possess a certain gift with technology. Admittedly not a gift you’d want to apply to the things you own but clearly it has helped in your line of work. Computers break down in erroneous code, engines shake themselves apart and fuel lines get split. The best bit? Your work will never be explicitly tied to you unless you were to confess to it. Even if everyone ‘knows’ you’re a cheater, they don’t actually know anything.
>>
>>52944439
For reference to this, Final Fantasy 13 was about 50 hours and FF 15 was about 30.

Persona 5 can easily have at least double perk trees, if not several more origins.
>>
>>52944410
Well 2/3rds satan. . .

Every single skaven is a genius who is woefully underappreciated by his fellows, his stupid stupid fellows.

They are all scheming traitors who he should stab in the back as soon as possible so that they never get a chance to do the same, he is important and needs to be kept safe after all.

This actually manages to get worse when they deal with anyone who isn't another Skaven.

To put it simply Skaven are all arrogant narcissists (to a degree that puts the most arrogant human narcissists to shame) who have a omnipresent backstabbing disorder.
>>
>>52944308
Ultraman is one of those toku shows where instead of just kicking and doing a special move ultraman will actually get in there and wrassle the monster of the week. The costume is so lightweight and form fitting it's like wearing nothing at all so he can go full WWE and get away with it.

That's not entirely relevant to your build, but I felt it was worth mentioning.
>>
>>52944448
Better. Ramming's fine at least, but the absoluteness of not knowing Sabotage is your work is unnecessary. Just make it so you've got a knack for concealing your dickery, not a Jedi mind trick.
>>
>>52944410
>>52944483
All Skaven women are also gigantic, non-sapient rat-maggots.
>>
>>52944488
Will do. Perhaps I'm being too power wank-y
I suppose I just liked Sebulba as a child.
>>
>>52944394
There's quite a bit you could add. Like for Accomplice, you can have something for replicating Goro's scheming ability, or how hammy and over the top he is as a villain. Or maybe even something for summoning armor like him? Then you can have something for Joker based on how he manages to much up said plans, or how he is able to bring out the best in his allies, help them grow, and obtain their loyalty? For Confidants, you could have something based on the Merchants. There's just a lot you can do.

Hell, you could even start getting into generic perks, with stuff like pulling a Yaldabaoth and imprisoning an enemy before taking on their form, or splitting someone in to two different beings.
>>
>>52944522
muck*, not much.
>>
>>52944410
>>52944448
Naturally he also needs to take credit for any form of achievement, the credit needs to be protected from those malicious other Skaven. Whether or not he had anything to do with the achievement isn't particularly important.

On the other side all mistakes and/or wrongdoings must be attributed to others no matter how decisively his fault they happen to be, there is no way he could have made any kind of mistake after all.

One of those other Skaven must have somehow sabotaged him, clever bastards (note that this is one of few instances where another Skaven could be viewed as having anything resembling a positive trait). Hopefully he blamed the right rat(s) but whatever, they all deserve it anyway.
>>
File: JC15.jpg (14KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
JC15.jpg
14KB, 720x480px
>>52944485
>Wrassling

I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up, that is actually VERY relevant to my build because between the [STARLIGHT] from /co/co/, the Titan Straightening Method-analogues I've developed and two of the martial arts I've invented, I'm actually a ridiculously good grappler underneath all the cosmic energy.

I hate melee range so much that I train to be extra good at melee to end fights faster.

It's those damn dropkicks that keep working when they shouldn't that trigger me.

>>52944483
>>52944500
>>52944543

...how the fuck does an entire species of Starscream/Chris-chan hybrids reproduce?

>haha, I've got you pregnant! Now to escape with the ALIMONY!
>fool, you think this is my real womb?! Guess again!
>jokes on you, this isn't even my real penis!

How do they even achieve ANYHING? Do they have something like what Orkz have, but powered by treachery instead of wagh?
>>
>>52944308
The main Practical Guide jump seems to have added a whole new background, actually. The Citizen of Ashur one. It's not in the .5 version.
>>
>>52944567
The women are non-sapient. Their society is entirely men. The women are kept in deep tunnels and fucked in their multiple vaginas/wombs so they're constantly pregnant and shitting out more rats. Not that they care, because again, non-sapient.
>>
>>52944474
Neither of your references use double perk trees. The 15 jump doesn't even have 4 perk lines, it's just drop in and Kingsglaive.
>>
>>52944567
See >>52944614

Because Skaven were designed by the Chaos God "The Horned Rat", who is a MASSIVE cunt. He nearly let the Skaven exterminate themselves, because it was fun to watch them do so. He only stepped in to stop them because he wanted to use them as tools for his plans.
>>
>>52944567
>How do they even achieve ANYHING?
Well for the longest time they didn't, they were at perpetual war with each other constantly to the point where their population was actually going down (this is ridiculously impressive considering how fast they breed).

Then the Horned Rat appeared and decided to put an end to it by creating his own god sanctioned system of government. Naturally he enforced this with the only thing the skaven respond to, the threat of a horribly painful death to any who argued with him.

This still only partially solved the problem as the Skaven are Skaven but it allowed them to function as something that an idiot with a severe head injury might be fooled into thinking is a society if the pitch was made by an exalt. I know there are no exalts in Warhammer that's the point.

As to how they get anything done. . . Well the combination of their massive numbers and a few clans formed by Skaven who are vaguely "allied" (pfft) by self interest and similar methods has allowed them to loot/pillage/squat on a lot of stuff.

Did I mention how fast they breed? They can literally throw Rats at any problem until it is solved and since every Skaven thinks themselves as a superior specimen who is better than everyone else ever they all think it will go their way despite the horrifying casualty rate.
>>
>>52944696
Alright. Fate Stay Night. 7 origins with double perk trees, clocks in at just over 60 hours of gameplay. I used those examples because they're well known 'long games' to illustrate what a massive game Persona 5 is and how ridiculous the idea that you can't do more then the basics for it is.
>>
File: 113216512.jpg (25KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
113216512.jpg
25KB, 400x303px
Can this place just hurry up and die?
I hate literally all of you but this game is too addicting to stop.
It's really eating into my free time so I'd appreciate it if you never made any more jumpchain threads.
>>
>>52944439
I think it's reaching, especially if she's going for capstone boosters already. This is especially considering that most jumps with more content have been criticized for exactly that, offering things based on side content. As long as the main characters are represented there won't be a problem, and in a Persona game that's basically the wild card.
>>
>>52944734
I'm going to make another thread as soon as possible just to spite you.
>>
File: 1490849033203.jpg (450KB, 741x786px) Image search: [Google]
1490849033203.jpg
450KB, 741x786px
>>52944734
Do you think the rest of us can even do that?
This place is the hotel california. If it were possible for everyone to quit than we wouldn't still be here.
>>
>>52944734
There's a pretty easy solution to this. Block off 4chan, go get a job, focus on real life for once. If you lack the resolve to do even that then you should work on that first.
>>
>>52944734
This anon is a Skaven disguised as robo squirrel, do not trust.
>>
>>52944734
How about you try not being a limp dicked faggot for once in your pathetic life?
>>
>>52944729
I think all you're really illustrating is that different authors have different styles. I mean, if she wanted to point out counterexamples, Aion and FFXI are mmos with massive amounts of lore, but their jumps remain relatively simple without needing double perk trees or anything.
>>
>>52944567
>>52944712
Note that The Horned Rat's meth of government? He made a giant 13 sided pillar of pure Warpstone(thing the warp in physical form, with all the negative effects you can think of if you touch it)
He said "the first 13 Skaven to survive placing their paws on this will rule the Skaven race".

Many, many, many, many, many, MANY Skaven died trying, they continued to scream in pain even after their body was ashes.
When 12 Skaven had succeeded in placing their paws on the stone, suddenly the 13th side had the Horned Rat's paw print appear on it, him taking the final seat for himself.
>>
>>52944567
>How do they even achieve ANYHING?
Easy, they don't.

While technically a faction they are better described as a natural disaster.
>>
File: 1366318073615.gif (124KB, 590x333px) Image search: [Google]
1366318073615.gif
124KB, 590x333px
>>52944762
Not if I make it first.
>>
>>52944729
Is it even fair to compare English against Valeria? I mean I can understand comparing English to Dirge, but Valeria is at least one whole tier above them. No offence meant, but there's a difference in ability and experience between them here.
>>
>>52944734
While you're stuck here, do you think this is fair for the professional Capstone?

600 - Now THIS is Pod Racing - Ready, set, GO! You’ve already crossed the line? Damn that was fast. You can push to speeds beyond what should be possible for a time. This must be used sparingly as the stresses it puts you under are quite drastic, but when you have that need for speed nothing quite compares. The boost is proportionate in relation to how fast you were moving before its use. The robbers are using a getaway car, you’re running at 112 KPH and gaining. The sorts of speed this will lend to a Pod travelling at 900 KPH might be quite terrifying to anyone who didn’t love Pod Racing as much as you do..
>>
File: tumblr_ooofabX2ug1rwvqgko1_1280.png (236KB, 894x569px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooofabX2ug1rwvqgko1_1280.png
236KB, 894x569px
>>52944410
Does the fixed version look better?
>The Accomplice (200, Discount Conspiracy): You can’t commit crimes without an accomplice, and you have the best accomplice of all: The Collective unwillingness to challenge authority or take responsibility. As long as you have at least a bit of authority, it will be incredibly unlikely that you will ever face punishment for any crimes that don't affect a large number of people, especially if you being in power benefits them in some way. You should hope that the populace doesn’t become wise to these flaws in their nature. After all, it works out so well for you.
>>52944440
Good thing most of the Persona Shenanigans Perks are 600 CP, and the Metaverse Navigation App/Velvet Room are items.
>>52944522
Thanks for the Constructive Suggestions! I've added plans for a 400 CP Planning Perk that's Discounted for Joker and Accomplice, and a perk for catalyzing others from the 600 CP Confidant Slot to the 400 CP slot for Confidant/Phantom Thief.
Second one was already a thing as well as a drawback, but I'll definitely add the other one.
>>52944754
I don't know. Maybe I should make an origin based on people who aren't the Protagonist, The Phantom Thieves of Hearts, Confidants, or Working with the Conspiracy. Which leaves random citizens who just want authority and order, since the inhabitants of the Velvet room are represented elsewhere.
>>
>>52944567
>>52944806
It is best not to mention the fate of the Rat who spoke up about how many Skaven died trying to claim the side of the pillar that the Horned Rat always intended for himself.
>>
>>52944829
None taken. Literally my first jump.
>>
>>52944813
Oh you're fucking on you son of a bitch.
>>
>>52944754
>Capstone boosters
4 things extra at most, which are rarely entirely based in canon any ways.

>Most jumps have been criticised
What, the shitposter attacking Dirge's jumps? Since when have 'most' jumps been criticised for more content?

>Won't be a problem
Of course there won't. But why wouldn't you try to go beyond the minimum required. When the jump already has faced accusations that it's there to get certain things from the first Persona jump, why would you not try to show that this is a jump about 5 with more content to show that they're wrong?

>>52944800
She was the one she who said it couldn't be done without reaching. Aion is a poor example. The FFXI jump is not very good and there is wealths of content that could be added.

Yes, as above, it is not needed. But why would you only go for necessity when you could have more. Why settle for mediocrity and meeting the bare minimum when you could try for something bigger.
>>
>>52944834
Here's another idea: for Joker, perhaps you could have something for gaining power from people's belief in you, like in the final boss fight? Or for sending out challenges to your enemies before you attack them, like with the Calling Cards, so that they tighten up their defenses but give a much greater reward if you win?
>>
File: t3_67rl6j.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
t3_67rl6j.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>52944834
>nasty crimeboy
not bad
>>
>>52944868
I feel like Aion and FFXI are actually perfectly good jumps for providing an entry point. And that's just it. The more content she adds, the more she pleases one crowd, but it's just going to distance her from a different crowd. Even as it stands with capstone boosters this is already going to be a pretty expensive jump all around. Double perk lines and more backgrounds is only going to make it worse.

The people firing off accusations that this is a rip off of Wild Card's Persona jump will find different ways to attack her even if she adds more content. They're attacking her on principal because to them they see it as a remake, which is no different from the treatment that the anon redoing FFX was getting.
>>
>>52944829
>implying
>dirgeposting randomly

>>52944845
>Responding seriously to shitposting
>>
>>52945024
>dirgeposting randomly
You realize that he >>52944474 brought up Dirge right?
>>
>>52945017
>Bringing the FFX remake back up
>>
>>52945042
No, he brought up specific jumps, you made it about the jump maker for no reason other than to insult everyone involved.
>>
File: tumblr_oorpk9tQSI1qjg20ao3_1280.png (234KB, 614x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oorpk9tQSI1qjg20ao3_1280.png
234KB, 614x800px
>>52944868
Wildcard/ Satan Saves Christmas: Satanael's Summoning
Awakening/ I can't think of a name at the moment: Joker's Influence on the other members leading to growth in them and their Personas.
Friends With Benefits: Protagonists Ability to cause people to awaken their Personas by telling them to rebel.
Mementos/ Holy Grail: Yaldabaoth's fusing Mementos with Reality and Ludicrous Healing when everybody wanted him to make their decisions for them.
If you want to suggest things, go ahead. I think it's been established that I like hearing ideas.
>>52944895
I'm shocked and appalled that you think that isn't already the boosted form of Wildcard. That's actually the 300 CP Item for Phantom Thieves.
>>
>>52945059
Yes, both of them. Made by the same fucking person. If he was going to bring up even more examples it would likely be from those people too, because yes, some jumpmakers are known for stuffing jumps with things whereas others aren't. Maybe that's why Dirge has written over 2500 pages in 36 jumps whereas most people haven't even gotten to 500 pages or 10 jumps.

So yes, since this discussion revolves around pushing content into a jump, a comparison between them is apt. Get your fucking head out of the sand and actually contribute to the discussion or just stay silent.
>>
>>52945017
So what, you actively want less content to be put in when there's ample amount of material to provide a basis? Do you actually think it's acceptable to take a huge game rich with content and produce a jump lacking substance for large swaths of it?
>>
>>52945043
I've got no issues if he wants to remake it. If it turns out better, great. If it isn't that great, at least they can say they gave it a try. Considering that I don't have a reason to use whatever they make, it's not like it makes a difference to me.
>>
>>52945086
>still making this about jumpmakers
It doesn't actually have any relevance to the discussion though. Not then and not now. You just brought up a comparison to shit on Dirge, when it wasn't contributing anything to the conversation to do so. You chose to bring names into this where they have no place.
>>
File: Costumes for P5.jpg (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Costumes for P5.jpg
119KB, 500x500px
>>52945082
Oh, cool. Shit, there better be a high drawback cap, because this is going to be draining a lot of CP.

As for other suggestions...maybe tiny replicas of Yaldabaoth's different forms? I mean, I kind of want miniatures/toys for the various Personas/Shadows in general, but it would also be cool to have something for him as well. Also, I think it would be cool to have a perk for transforming into a more monstrous form, since pretty much all the bosses do it at least once. Oh, and costumes! A collection of the various outfits and stuff you can get from the game and DLC would be a cool item.
>>
>>52945114
It has no reliance to the conversation at hand.
>>
>>52945105
I think if the jumpmaker feels that it's going to lead to over extension, then their words should be taken at face value. There's absolutely nothing that stops a jump from getting updated once it's past the gate, but if all you care about is extending the jump instead of focusing on reinforcing what exists, odds are the author might overextend either way, especially if she needs to take other things into consideration like capstone boosters.

There's ample amounts of material in almost any IP to justify massive jumps. That's not difficult. Delivering a jump that conveys the theme and core concepts of the franchise is.

You can argue that she has an infinite amount of time to go and reinforce the quality, but in reality that's not necessarily the case. Not everybody has days or weeks completely free to dedicate on jumpwriting. If she feels that in the time she has pushing for extra backgrounds is just going to result in an overextension, then I don't see the point. It's just going to result in a lower quality all in all.

A 4/4 system works fine for delivering substance. Substance isn't always in perks. It doesn't always need to be in perks.
>>
>>52945148
Might agree if her perks were better. Some of them are good but a lot of them are pretty generic things that don't really feel that interesting. More like necessary filler to justify the capstones, which seem to be where all the interesting things are.

As is I believe even if she added more content, it wouldn't improve the quality, since what she has already feels like she had to stretch to make it.
>>
>>52945131
>You just brought up a comparison to shit on Dirge
This slightly amuses me. I'm amused that you think this is even possible. But since you're blissfully ignorant, I suppose it's only natural.

>>52945137
You meant relevance, which it is, because his point was on people harassing English for "replacing" Wild Card's Persona jump even if that wouldn't be the case. Objectively speaking, people gave that other guy the same shit.
>>
>>52945148
That doesn't change the fact that there will be things lacking. If it comes together in the end and there's a conspicuous absence of anything then in the end that's something that can be improved by adding it in. It doesn't need to be capstone boosters, it doesn't need to be double perk lines necessarily, but an additional background or two and a number of undiscounted perks related to things not already covered by the other backgrounds shouldn't be too hard to fit in.
>>
>>52945163
It's her first jump, and I very much doubt that she's a well seasoned writer. A lot of perks are always going to be generic. Hell, people gave me shit back in the day for making perks that were too unique/niche. Finding a balance of both is necessary, and normally the lower tiers are going to be generic.

A jump isn't just perks. It's a whole package of each element combined together. She still has plenty of opportunities to pull the rest of the skeleton together if she uses the other elements well.
>>
>>52944003
Called out once? Or called out once a day?

>>52943492
Maybe have a sentence or two of florid storybook hyperbole, and then underneath that lay out everything a little more explicitly? I like having the flavour there, attention to detail is the thing that takes a jump from "good" to "great", but I agree with others that a balance needs to be struck with clarity. If nothing else, it'll save you having to answer endless clarifications.
>>
>>52945195
Oh, didn't recognise you Dirge. How's it going?
>>
File: tumblr_ooz7j5dMK21qzotjao3_500.png (170KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooz7j5dMK21qzotjao3_500.png
170KB, 500x257px
>>52945105
I repeat: Do you want to make a suggestion?
>>52945134
800 CP, with one of those fun 800 CP drawbacks that don't count for the total where the villain won already and now you need to take him down despite him having overwhelming advantages like being able to deny people out of existence and having the Phantom Thieves as minions.
The Monstrous Shadow Form is the Conspiracy Capstone, along with replacing an area with your Palace. I need some 50 CP items, so sure!
>>52945188
And what would Origin numéro cinq be?
>>
>>52945210
Haven't you gotten a lot of suggestions already?
>>
>>52945210
>that image
Kek.

>That 800cp drawback
Oh shit.
>>
>>52945174
>This slightly amuses me. I'm amused that you think this is even possible. But since you're blissfully ignorant, I suppose it's only natural.
I have no idea what you were even trying to do with this post. Seriously, you just come off as ridiculous with this.
>>
>>52945203
I'm pretty interested in how this P5 jump is coming along at the very least. Makoto waifu get is a major draw for me.

>>52945188
What she needs is an assembly that can get through the gate, and all she's shown right now is the 1/2/4s. P5's mechanics offer a lot that can be put into different forms, not necessarily just perks, so until I see what direction she wants to take with companions and items I don't think forcing extra perk lines in is necessarily the right course to take.
>>
>>52945230
...How old is your Jumper at this point?
>>
>>52945230
>Makoto waifu get is a major draw for me
Top tier taste.
>>
>>52939039
For a very long time, I was not tanky. Even now I'm not that tough. I have a lot stuff to stop being damaged, and a lot of stuff that means when I'm on 0hp or lower I'm still alive and keep coming back, but I don't really have all that much that makes my health bar 'longer'.

>>52939998
My Devil-Tiger stuff: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-xuybDobibRaTByazJSRnRYbVE

>>52942555
CATastrophically.

>>52943927
Nope.
>>
>>52945230
>I don't think forcing extra perk lines in is necessarily the right course to take.
I don't disagree necessarily, I just think that if something isn't being covered/represented, it's something that would improve the final jump by being there.
>>
File: tumblr_oop4tdUJrZ1tc4q3jo1_1280.jpg (179KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oop4tdUJrZ1tc4q3jo1_1280.jpg
179KB, 706x1000px
>>52945215
Notice how I incorporated all of them that aren't "And more Origins and double the amount of perks each origin gets?"
>>52945230
Thanks! Sadayo is still best girl.
>>
>>52945250
My original jumper is somewhere in the late 30ks. My other jumpers run fixed age, so...28/30/10/43/35/23//17/24/40/8/37/12/35. They run a slow chain, so cumulative years in experience is only about several hundred years or so individually.

>>52945270
Way I see it, we don't even have a solid "foundation" yet. I'm not sure if it's design choice or not, but those perks don't have much synergy in between them. Maybe this is intentional, or maybe the synergy is intended for a 4-6 or 1-6 link, which is fine, but potentially changes the way I look at the jump. No sense in hopping over adding additional lines when I don't know how that part of the structure will turn out.
>>
>>52942555
As a shoggoth.
>>
>>52945297
You had a whole bunch of suggestions given for origin perks. Unless you've already started second trees or have a large number of general perks, you can't have included all the suggestions.
>>
>>52945297
>Sadayo
Good taste. Not Top Tier Taste, but still Good Taste.
>>
>>52945297
Well I already voiced it, but how you approach the capstone tier (and to some degree the boosters) can make or break what you've set up so far. Your perks are alright, but each of them stand individually, without all that much to link them besides the background in name. So, I can say that they come together alright to form the "image" of the background, but individually because they each serve different functions, it doesn't necessarily make them as appealing. If your 6 line is completely dependent on the capstone for synergy, it might isolate the 1/2/4s even further (and make your jump as it stands focus heavily on the capstone). Again this has to do with how you envision the jump, so weigh it out and see how you want to approach it.

I don't know if you're planning on alternative perks. Those don't always sit well because they're generally not discounted. But if you're running into a rut, get the capstones done, step back, and just brainstorm a load of perks. Don't even bother assigning them to backgrounds until you're satisfied with your pool, and only then start to group them together and see what kind of combinations would fit. It might help, it might not help, depending on how much you really feel like adding in.

Admittedly I can't help much in terms of specific mechanics. Most of the mechanics I'm thinking of would fit a P3 jump more than it would fit a P5 jump, and the way I handle mechanics may not be a good run for your first jump, at least not until you've gotten to a point where you can confidently say you have a skeleton draft put together and you can afford to focus on adding in extras.
>>
>>52945174
>Objectively speaking, people gave that other guy the same shit.
No one fucking cares if she makes a persona 5 jump, the current one is a generic that doesn't let you interact with the actual game story lines at all, and even has drawbacks to make it about shit that isn't even persona, no one has ever felt it a problem to make more specific jumps because generics exist. You could justify a Persona 1, 2, 3, or 4 jump all the same.
>>
File: tumblr_ooz7j5dMK21qzotjao1_500.png (173KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooz7j5dMK21qzotjao1_500.png
173KB, 500x255px
>>52945298
Yeah, Synergy, that thing I entirely accounted for and won't require me to scrap the Phantom Thief of Hearts 400 CP, transfer The Shadow of the True Self to the empty slot and create a new 400 for Confidants because the perks for The Joker and Conspiracy Synergize with the capstones much better than the other half do or anything. Why do I have to hate the taste of alcohol? I hear drinking is great for Jump Productivity
>>52945317
There are a decent amount of neutral perks, and two that are discounted to two origins each (The Planning Perk and the Catalyst Perk).
>>52945359
As it stands the Capstones are kind of the focus, since they're all based on the supernatural abilities that are unique to that group (Wildcard/Awakened Personas/ Having Allies Grow by Helping/Palaces and Shadows.) Looking through it, some get more synergy than others , but it's three in the morning and the end of the thread, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to prop up the weaker ones.
Good night everyone
>>
>>52945429
I'm well aware that it's a baseless accusation, but it's not like it being baseless has ever stopped people from attacking, so even if you're a voice of reason or whatever it doesn't make much of a difference to the people who will attack her regardless.

Considering I don't really care how many versions of a jump there are on your drive, whether it's a replacement or not isn't something I have any stake in. I'm just pointing out that it's harassment all the same.
>>
>>52945439
Synergy doesn't necessarily mean you have to scrap anything, just as perks don't necessarily need to have only a single effect (arguably your Phantom 200 already has multiple effects).

As I said, it's not a necessity either, it's more of a design choice. If you weren't considering it, go with what you have, see what you end up with, and consider if you want to add it in afterwards. If you intentionally aim for a capstone heavy focus, then go with that, make a couple builds when it's done, and see if you're satisfied with the variety that you end up with.

Best of luck in any case, I'll check back sometime next week or something to see how things have gone. Keep up the good work.
>>
Does anyone know what ability Guns fall under in exalted? There are guns in the setting (essence guns and normal ones in the modern exalted setting) and I assume it would be archery but I'm not sure.

My jumper likes guns.
>>
If you take Casteless as your origin in the Lunars jump, can you still get those moonsilver tattoos the moment you arrive in Creation? And are there any other drawbacks to the origin besides that?
>>
>>52945745
for conversion purposes, the game suggests archery for guns and I think sail for driving
there's also shards of the exalted dream for actual gun charms, if you can find that
>>
>>52945804
Don't see why not as long as you can get to a Lunar outpost in time.

Nothing comes to mind other than the presumed stigma/alarm of a Lunar sauntering around without the anti-Wyld protection anyone in the know about Lunar lore will react to you.
>>
>>52945811
Damn I want a Modern Exalted Jump, that would be so much fun.
>>
>>52945909
Rule 1. Make it your self, you piece of shit.
>>
>>52945909
>Modern Exalted

Reminder that the Exalted Modern shard's Ligier's sun form is described as twice the size of the universe. Which would make Ligier himself an unholy expy of Doc Scratch and/or Lord English
>>
>>52937452
>What is Kinetic Energy Absorption from?

The Turtle, got murked by reverse when he is in the null power zone
>>
>>52942583
what jump is that a supplement too

is it based on a tabletop rpg?
>>
>>52946023
It's based on a surprisingly dark young adult fantasy series I should really start reading, and to the jump he just linked.

I just found out one Name is actually a kind of living meme that jumps hosts forever as the story of the eternal spoony bard
>>
>>52946077
thanks jumper will read too
>>
>>52946129
Jumpers aren't real, anon.
>>
>>52946142
Yeah but they're really good at reading so it balances out.
>>
>>52946217
That's true.

Other than Fists of Judgement from Fallen London and maybe the Beyond-stuff in Infernals and Lunars, what ways are there to protect you from unreal things that can still mess you up?
>>
>>52946235
I think the Spirits have Shaping Defense Charms as well, which you can get as the God of Martial Arts in Mortal Heroes Guantlet, and there's Magic Digging Hands from Unsounded which grants Reality Warping Resistance. That's all I've got.
>>
>>52941217

In RotSE, she attempted to become conceptually immortal by writing the Broken-Winged Crane and claiming the mantle of Queen of the Titans...

Which really didn't work out well for her.

In her defence though, it was pretty much motivated by her desire to protect Creation. She just didn't trust anyone else to be capable of it.
>>
>>52946304
If you're going to go down the route of Shaping defences anyway aren't Artifact-based ones buffer by fluff? I remember one that formed a forcefield that repelled the Wyld indefinitely so long as it's infrastructure was maintained.

>>52941331
It's really wonky they build up the Yozi as more amoral and spiteful than actually evil, and then paint the Ebon Dragon as literally Aku without flaming eyebrows.
>>
>>52946306
I mean, reading up on the Age of Dreams-I can totally see where she's coming from.

Long before the Great Curse made them tangibly insane, the Solars were NOT nice people. It's pretty clear a lot of them were suffering from undiagnosed PTSD even though they should've fucking fixed that with their own Charms. Apparently wild displays of excess and extravagance were so in-fashion the three Exalts actually concerned with running Creation well are considered troublemakers at worst and unfashionably boring at best.
>>
>>52946350
Post cut off but-

I probably shouldn't, but knowing all this I feel kind of sorry for Merela. She clearly wasn't cut out to be a leader instead of a fighter, and didn't know how to handle the position the Sun's nepotism netted her.

I never thought I'd pity a Solar who died alone in peacetime, but there you go.
Thread posts: 729
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.