[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>microorganism druid How would this work, apart from diseases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 08e84b8b903a481abbb4811798976aa1.jpg (516KB, 945x1058px) Image search: [Google]
08e84b8b903a481abbb4811798976aa1.jpg
516KB, 945x1058px
>microorganism druid

How would this work, apart from diseases and metallic archaea, son?

Did you know that D&D 3.5's Planar Handbook has elemental microorganisms, called elementites, which you can fight in swarms?
>>
Moyashimon
>>
On a semi related note. If a druid turns into a flatworm and gets cleaved in half and then regenerates into 2 worms which half would be the druid? Or would both halves be a druid? Or would they just be worms?
>>
>>52935025
DRUID OF FERMENTATION

GOOD KIMCHI, BEER, BREAD, CHEESE AND SAUERKRAUT SOON.

Also the runs upon your enemies.
>>
>>52935025
>controls rhizobia.

Pretty damn broken
>>
>>52935236
This.

A druid with any significant degree of control over the microbial realm is effectively a god, because such an individual can exert immense power over the way matter and energy flow through living systems. It's a slow, but inexorable: it's not as if you can fight back by sterilizing the world.

I've thought about how to do it before, and concluded that the microbial realm is something druids have a "look, but don't touch" attitude towards. In a natural setting, nobody has the kind of sorcerous power needed to simply wrestle microorganisms into obedience, and you'll only fry your mind if you try. A microbial druid has to have a subtle touch, and they can't commune with microbes for too long without being mentally overloaded by their ability to sense what the bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa around them are doing. (Every last cell, all at once...) Magically speaking, you dip into that world when you have to, and you don't linger too long— not if you want to continue thinking like a human.

Druids know this sort of thing quite well, but they rarely discuss it with non-druids.
>>
>>52936880
>It's a slow, but inexorable: it's not as if you can fight back by sterilizing the world.
You sure?
>>
>>52935025
Take a level in that BoVD prestige class that makes you immune to the negative effects of diseases but you can still catch them.
>>
>>52936934
Undead and liches are a hard counter to microbe mages.

MAKE ME SICK NOW MOTHERFUCKER I DARE YOU
>>
>>52935025
Hope you don't have a player who has any interest in applied biomechanics as they start doing directed evolution of cellular entities to gain certain traits at the sub-cellular level that repurpose the protein chain and molecular assembly mechanisms to create a druid-controllable swarm of living nanomachines that can be used to manipulate other things (especially the next generations of themselves) at an atomic level.

This leads to what we call a 'green goo' scenario. Fucking Moe, you always take it too far.
>>
>>52935025
WALL OF SLIME MOLD
>>
>>52938440
Cancer Mage, then you need to Shitpost in 4chan.
>>
>>52938596
but... what about undead microbes?
>>
>>52935025
>Did you know that D&D 3.5's Planar Handbook has elemental microorganisms, called elementites, which you can fight in swarms?

It's like Midichlorians all over again.
>>
>>52941683
>It's like Midichlorians all over again.
No it's not and it's a shitty stupid comparison.
There have always been different sizes and types of elementals and there have been minor barely-alive elementals since old planescape stuff.
Micro-elementals hardly deviates from established norms let alone redefines magic into non-magic like midichlorian shit.
>>
WILD SHAPE MAN SIZED TARDIGRADE

DISEMBOWEL ALL BEFORE YOU
LAUGH MICROSCOPICALLY, MACROSCOPICALLY
>>
>YOU GET NECROTIZING FASCIITIS!
>AND YOU GET NECROTIZING FASCIITIS!
>AND YOU GET NECROTIZING FASCIITIS!
>EVERYBODY GETS NECROTIZING FASCIITIS!
>>
File: swamp-thing-60-p7-8.jpg (925KB, 1990x1410px) Image search: [Google]
swamp-thing-60-p7-8.jpg
925KB, 1990x1410px
>>52935025
I can destroy someone's gut flora?

Also, for tips on OP druid-ways, xenosex, fighting Batman, well executed Ents and aquatic vampires, check Alan Moore's Swamp Thing.
>>
>>52935050
fpbp
>>
>>52938596
They make you rot to nothing instead.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.