[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RPGS With Muskets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: elkhornlodge_andythomas.jpg (32KB, 442x265px) Image search: [Google]
elkhornlodge_andythomas.jpg
32KB, 442x265px
I want to run a campaign set in time period of US civil war, I don't know of any system that could do that. What I need is a system that has mass battle rules and is good for political games.
>>
Gurps, BRP , savage worlds , fate
in this order it depends on the amount of effort you want to put in the ruleframe of the setting, gurps is very detailed but also very work intensive to get to work. Fate on the otherhand is very focused on rp
>>
>>52928882
You should check out Colonial Gothic.

I have both versions uploaded; I can post them later if you want them.
>>
>>52928882
>and is good for political games.

Political games are inherently shit, but Savage Worlds has good rules for large combats as well as mass combat, and also has muskets. Search "savage worlds test drive" on google and the first result should be a PDF with the basic rules.
>>
For OSR games, you have Lamentations of the Flame Princess for the 17th century, A Ghastly Affair for the 18th century, and Engines & Empires for the 19th century.
>>
>>52928882
GURPS

But other than that, also FATE and Savage Worlds
>>
>>52928882
I feel like Dogs of the Vineyard could run this very well, albeit very individualistically.
>>
>>52928882
>What I need is a system that has mass battle rules and is good for political games.
GURPS, Savage Worlds, Fate. Depends on what you want.

If you're invested in the game (read: willing to put in some work) and want a tactical experience, GURPS.

If you want a more pulpy campaign where the characters are civil war heroes, somewhat larger than life, with a decent amount of tactics, Savage Worlds.

If you want a story-driven campaign where the narrative rules and isn't tactical, Fate.
>>
>>52928882
If you want good inspiration for how a gunner would operate in combat look at the The Powdermage Trilogy by Brian Mcclellan
>>
>>52932503
Savage Worlds also has some actual half-descent rules for social interaction, which would definitely help for a game about political intrigue.
>>
>>52936535
>Savage Worlds also has some actual half-descent rules for social interaction, which would definitely help for a game about political intrigue.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you fucking serious?

Social combat rules are complete garbage in concept, but the ones for Savage Worlds are just put the cherry on the shit sundae. Whoever came up with those ought to be fired from every RPG company in existence. Goddamn.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.