[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Private session, Ideas needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I'm going to run a session with one of my players tomorrow. but I'm stuck on ideas and i could use some help.

normally i build the session around something the player is lacking in, like role play or strategy in order to help them improve, but this player doesn't really need help since hes been around for a long time. which has stunted me on what to focus the session around.

the character is searching for the party members of his fathers old adventuring party and i figure I'm going to have each private session focus around finding one of them and learning something from them. but since i dont have easy mode anymore, i need some ideas.

i was thinking about making this first mentor have a gambling problem and hes in debt, the player has to fix his debt problem and then the master will teach what he knows. but that seems like a bland session.

so i come to you guys, it helps to get other points of view, people who think in other boxes than i do.
>>
ill be back in a few hours to answer any questions.
>>
yeah I'm back, giving this a last chance bump
>>
What system is this and what can the pc do, it informs on the nature of challenges.
>>
>>52929014
Was gonna ask what the the character could do.

Uhm OP where are your players and give a pitch of the setting
>>
>>52929014
>>52929163

High fantasy. Your basic (not)Europe, theyre currently in a large city, like full on city with a couple hundred thousand people.

The PC is a marksman with basically a "gunsword" and they are blind but using the worlds energy they can see like Kenshi from mortal combat, lastly they can control their own shadow. like i said HIGH fantasy.

other than that theres not much to the character, hes been following the main plot just fine, and his only in character goal is find these mentors
>>
>>52929281
The mentor is in debt due to gambling, having lost his fortune to pay for his own ransom after being taken alive on a battlefield.
Give your player a foe he can't simply sword, the debt holders being linked to left hand of the city lord. The mentor, in desperation, has concocted an absolutely ridiculous plan to waylay and rob a city tax collector, which will give him the money he needs to pay off his debts, but if he is caught, the ax will fall.
The pc needs to decide how he will deal with this, from trying to rehabilitate the mentor's gambling habit, paying the exorbitant sum himself, robbing the tax collector or others.
Nice, open, a clear problem. Have the pc walk in on the mentor as he's getting some final notices from the local legbreakers.
>>
What are you going to do with the mentor afterwards?
>>
>>52929583
good question, i figured probably gonna have them ditch the PC by saying he has something important to attend to, maybe in the end of each of them they say this, the finale being all of them together finally completing that job they were supposed to do so many years ago. and have the PC be the replacement for his father.

dunno yet, I'm pretty bad at planning ahead.

>>52929405
and thanks, this some good shit
>>
>>52926210
you could just bang
>>
>>52930094
Report to the inn. well bang okay?
>>
Hey seeing as how OP seems pretty good, mind if I get some help?

I'm doing something slightly similar, two of my players have to help out the local homeless in order to gain an audience with the local necromancer, he has the recipe for a strange potion with amazing effects BUT is only giving to other homeless. The players are being asked to get this recipe by a local alchemists.

Pretty funny idea I thought, now I'm stuck on what kind of things they can do to warrant an audience with the hobomancer
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.