[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emperors Nightmare questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2696.png (67KB, 400x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2696.png
67KB, 400x431px
Anyone here from the original thread, or am expert on the chapter?

I can't seem to find anywhere on the 1d4chan page why they stare at the stars during space travel. Does anyone know why?
>>
File: Adrian_smith_soul_drinker.jpg (34KB, 272x400px) Image search: [Google]
Adrian_smith_soul_drinker.jpg
34KB, 272x400px
>>52925338
It was because they count the stars as they travel, partially meditative, partially keeping themselves engaged with their hyperfocus
>>
Awww man
Getting nostalgic for these guys rn
>>
Did anyone ever paint up a group of these guys? I'd love to see them on the tabletop.
>tfw /tg/ homebrews are cooler than most of GW's actual chapters
>>
>>52930011
>tfw /tg/ homebrews are cooler than most of GW's actual chapters
They're neat in concept, but then you get to shit like their super special unique Dreadnoughts and super awesome named characters and it kind of gets into "oh fuck off" territory.
Maybe if they only had half the shit making them "unique" I'd actually be able to like them.
Star Krakens and Blood Jaguars are cooler. Also the Hua Yuan Exterminators.
>>
>>52930281
>super special unique dreadnought
>super awesome named characters

Official chapters have those too
>>
>>52930281
No worse than official chapters in the regard of special characters and unique wargear, and no one on /tg/ has made anything as retarded as Kaldor Draigo.
>>
>>52929883
This!
>>52930011
I started collecting when I was working in the mines, they're still in storage somewhere. Had a squad of sleepless I modelled to have blindfolds and a dreadnaught I was building that had a giant syringe arm. Man I shouldpull them out of storage and pick up where I left off.
>>
>>52930281
I agree sometimes the uniqueness goes a bit overboard. But at the same time I find them more interesting than the 1001 custom chapters of people too scared to look like "snowflakes" and just produce boring everychapters.

Also I like how /tg/ chapters always tend to seem more "justified". Like the Emps Nightmares are a pretty noble chapter, but even the Blood Jaguars, who are bloodthirsty and brutal, have clear motives and aren't just dickish for the sake of it.

Fav /tg/ chapters of mine are the Nightmares, the Star Krakens, Brotherhood of the Megalith, Conservators, Blood Jaguars, Rising Sons, and early Knights Inductor (before that one writefag got real over-the-top with it).
>>
>>52930281
I'll give you star krakens, they're pretty baller. But purple is just such a nice colour, I love the Nightmares
>>
>>52930353
Yeah, but the canon Super Special Shit tends to belong to First Founding chapters - i.e. ones with actual reasons to have that stuff - and tie in thematically. Plus, canon unique Dreadnoughts are mostly "unique weapon loadout", not bullshit uniqueness on the level of that weird scout Dread.

My point is mostly that you can have unique stuff without straining disbelief.
>>
>>52930455
Yeah, again, I don't really like the Nightmare dreads, but I don't think that one strike against the chapter is too bad in the face of how cool the rest of the chapter is. You could always just not include them, seeing as the whole chapter is non-canon anyways.
>>
>>52930429
>But at the same time I find them more interesting than the 1001 custom chapters of people too scared to look like "snowflakes" and just produce boring everychapters.
It's a fine line to walk really. I'm trying to fluff up my CSM warband and give them some cool stuff and it's a constant concern of mine that I'm making them too snowflakey. Right now I just have them use primarily chainspears as CCWs and a special pattern of bike with a plow on the front of it to charge through slight cover.
>>
>>52930905
My advice: do what you want to do.

Seriously, it's 40k. It thrives off over-the-top. Better to risk toeing that line and actually enjoying yourself then pushing down every outlying bit of Your Dudes.

If you're going to NOT do something, do it because you think it will make your faction mesh with the world more, not because you think people would find it "snowflake"-y.
>>
>>52930455
I don't get why 40kfags get their panties twisted so quickly over special snowflakery in homebrew shit. The official lore is completely contradictive and consists pretty much 100% of whatever the writer thought was cool at the time. Shit like special snowflake chapters with stealth dreadnoughts doesn't even ping on the stupid bullshit radar in a setting where the fucking Santa Sleigh, the Tactical Marine Armor Armor or similar dumb shit is canon.
>>
>>52931049
Ya got a point there. Not a whole lot can be considered worse than the fucking sleigh.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.