[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead CCG general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 20140923_150226.jpg (924KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
20140923_150226.jpg
924KB, 1959x1469px
Hey tg!

What games do you feel didn't get a fair shake? What are you currently looking for?

I want to pick up some Rage second edition. I remember owning some of it, but i have no clue how it was played. There's no way I really ever sat down and learned it.
>>
Alteil.

Yeah, yeah, it's technically not tabletop, but it's one of my favorite cardgames ever. It's closing down in a month, but it made all the cards free in the mean time.
>>
>>52924513
I finally got someone to play the most recent DBZ card game with me again, which was nice. Probably gonna try and track down what cards I'm missing when I get the chance.

The developers really dragged their feet with sets and organized play, and then tried to make more sets than they really needed. As a result, the game lost a lot of following early on and they only got about halfway through the source material.

I actually started working on a few for fun cards for MP's they didn't get to and new formats, just for fun for my friends and I, and was considering doing some stuff for DBS when I get the chance but I need to sit down and actually work on it all at some point.
>>
File: Goku Lv4.jpg (319KB, 465x651px) Image search: [Google]
Goku Lv4.jpg
319KB, 465x651px
>>52930273
I went through all that trouble of finding a card to add as an image and completely forgot to attach it, sorry.

Pic Related.
>>
>>52930273
I remember playing this, but never feeling like I had a card pool that let me do anything important or synergistic. I hope the boxes tank so I can pick up some.
>>
>>52924513
Hi anon, I picked up a rage 2e starter & they really cleaned up a lot of the rules. I remember being furious at the time that 1 e stuff didn't work, but 2e is actually playable
>>
>>52924513
Hecatomb.
I recognize that game.
>>
>>52930854
They wound up getting a pretty good amount of synergy for different strategies as more and more sets were released, thankfully. A lot of it still played off the mastery/MP chosen though.
>>
>>52930854
>>52933483
I am half asleep and keep screwing up, sorry. I forgot to add, the prices actually have tanked, except for the first set, as sellers are trying to liquidate. I think someone was selling them for $20 a box, and most in-person stores at lease had them half off.
>>
Duel Masters, and by extension Kaidu or whatever the hell its reboot was called, didn't get nearly as much love as it deserved.
>>
>>52924513

I do wonder why, given the current digital CCG craze, more companies aren't experimenting with making digital versions of defunct games.

They've already got all the content, and there are companies who've become very good at making efficient, if not exceptional, tabletop clients. Even if you undertook it as a budget project, there's plenty of room for it being surprisingly successful.

I'd kill for a fully featured Hecatomb client.
>>
File: 1402187035385.jpg (194KB, 591x553px) Image search: [Google]
1402187035385.jpg
194KB, 591x553px
I really enjoyed 7th Sea, still play sometimes with my amigos. It's too bad the RPG reboot was such a steaming pile of shit, probably no hope of seeing the CCG come back now.
>>
Still have 4 Rage decks, both old edition and RAV, 2 Hecatomb decks, a Yu Yu haskahu deck, 3 Zatch Bell decks(little spell books) duelmasters (both editions) and about a half a dozen other games. Dont find a ton of opponents but its fun when I do. also got a L5R Mantis deck, and some I dont even recall. oh and xfiles
>>
File: blackjack.jpg (652KB, 1497x2070px) Image search: [Google]
blackjack.jpg
652KB, 1497x2070px
The Battletech CCG for sure.
I still pick up boosters and decks when they pop up.

The unlimited and first expansion sets are still pretty available, the second expansion is tough to find, and everything from the third expansion on are unicorn-levels of rare.
>>
>>52924513
I never played Kult, and now it seems to be pretty expensive to pick up. I bought a shitload of On the Edge for peanuts but haven't tried playing it yet. I've also wanted to try Star Trek, X-Files, and Galactic Empires for nostalgia reasons (all my money -what little there was when I was ten - went to Revised, Legends, The Dark, and Antiquities boosters back then)
>>
>>52924513
I've played both Rage 1st Edition (Rage: The Apocalypse) and Rage 2nd Edition (Rage: Tribal War). Very different feels. I much prefer R: tA, because I love it's insane free-wheeling broken style of play, which isn't replicated in any other CCG.
>>
File: Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg (52KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg
52KB, 300x416px
Given the release of the new banlist, I would say this is fair.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.