[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wmg/ - Warmachine/Hordes general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 48

File: 033.jpg (217KB, 1024x524px) Image search: [Google]
033.jpg
217KB, 1024x524px
Moar banez edition.

Mk3 list building:http://conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat:https://discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
http://textuploader<dot> com / da46m
PP Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme%20Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs DED

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html
>Mk3 Protectorate Command
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html
>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html
>Mk3 Cygnar Command
http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html
>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html
>Mk3 Khador Command
http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/JI62A5Ll/file.html
>>
>Bane CID tomorrow

Who /incharge/ here?
>>
>>52910546
It's Bane dev chat tomorrow and Bane CID today, isn't it?
>>
>>52910546
>>52910875

>Following Grymkin, we have Steamroller 2017 starting on April 19 and Battle Engines starting on April 26 for two overlapping CID cycles. It will be your first chance to test out for yourselves some of the exciting tidbits you may have heard coming out of SmogCon and AdeptiCon. The week after Steamroller testing begins, we will launch the battle engine CID cycle. Will Shick gave you some hints about this next cycle here, but we have more in store for you! This cycle will allow everyone to play with their favorite Factions, because there are battle engines everywhere. And this time you don’t even have to proxy, because those models are already on the table.

>In addition to testing battle engines, the Battle Engine CID cycle will feature a few other models that we want to put under the lens. The largest group will be Cryx’s Bane models. While we will be taking feedback about Bane models during the entire cycle, we want to have a special hyper-focused discussion for them on April 27. This will take the form of a thread in the Dev Talk section of the CID forum. It will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. PDT, and our developers will be active in the thread responding to community thoughts about these models and their theme force.

So we should get Banez rulez today, and Banez dramaz tomorrow.
>>
>>52910915
Be honest now, are you looking forward more to the rules or the drama?
>>
>>52910915
Also SR17 week2. Should be interesting.
>>
>>52911480

>He/she/zhe/zher/cis/you/yours

The drama. Main entertaining part of the game anymore.
>>
>>52911480
The rules.

If there's a slim chance that improving Banes a little will stop Cryxfag whining, I'll take it. I'm tired of hearing them moan about their cheap, fast, accurate, hard-hitting troops and warjacks.
>>
>>52910473
Anon from a thread ago; Im trying to sell this:
1 Battle Box Contents
-Warcaster:Sytherion
-Heavy Warjack Cipher
-Light Warjack: Galvanizer
-Light Warjack: Mitigator
1x Mitigator
5x Eradicator
10x Reductors
2x Transverse Enumerators

Things are painted in a basic metal color, with a few red and blue panels. Some were missing pieces when bought, so I converted a few to make them playable. I want 70$ for it all. Is that too much?
>>
>scenarios still dead
>measuring still fucked up
>objectives still totally imbalanced
What did we have a week of CID for?
>>
>>52912478
Oh, and here's the document.
>>
do we know anything about the changes to battle engines yet?
>>
Is there a link for the individual no quarter pdf?
>>
>>52912478
>>scenarios still dead
The most egregious ones are going to be Dev Talk'd, which will probably help.

>>measuring still fucked up
You were an idiot to think you'd get Proxymachine back.

>>objectives still totally imbalanced
Now that we're down to 3, I imagine that they'll be tuned and refined for Week 3
>>
>>52912478

Pronoun assignment
>>
>>52913070
>You were an idiot to think you'd get Proxymachine back.
We still have it. It just takes unnecessary amounts of manual dexterity and slows games to a crawl if you want any semblance of precision.

And I don't want proxymachine. But the thing we have now is the other end of the spectrum. Just being allowed to measure how I can keep my charging beast in control is currently not allowed. That's insane.
>>
>>52913214
>Just being allowed to measure how I can keep my charging beast in control is currently not allowed.
My English derped, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>52913230
No I don't because you can still measure that. I'm 100% sure as a beast-heavy Circle/Legion player I can measure distances to keep my beasts in control the same way I did before.

The rules are allowing you to do TK moves, trencher walls, etc. but stop short of letting you X-Wing your entire turn with all of your models.
>>
>>52912478
The CID isn't for thr devs to listen to every complaint and suggestion. Its for them to let us ramble on and make sure stuff js working how THEY want it to work and if the community comes to a consesus on an issue they might MIGHT consider it.

For the most part, any input that isn't a battle report is ignored.
>>
>>52911480

Rules.

One one hand, I don't like the drama.

On the other hand, Cryx has suffered enough.

>and the gripping hand, we need to get these people hooked back onto their banez-jones before they start putting ghost fleet on the table in a major way
>>
>>52913420
They explicitly stated that as an example of what they do not want. You can not - for example - place a proxy 6" from your warlock and one 9" from your warbeast and measure 12" (your example control range) between the two.

Just to make my point clear: I haven't encountered any case of extreme proxy base clutter in the dozens of games I played, watched and read about. The most I've seen is 3-4. Therefor I don't really see a need to limit these bases at all. But if people are saying it's an issue I am fine with a compromise between the two extremes. Just going to 3 proxies in total on the table at any time would be enough, but the current 1.5 is too little.

>>52913550
I'm sure you're right, I'm just not sure that's a good idea.
>>
>>52910473
Is Grymkin CID over?

What happened to the two additional modes they tested for Old Witch 2/3, did they make it in?
>>
>>52913550
>any input that isn't a battle report is ignored
Yet the biggest complaints about people not being able to precisely place trencher walls, TK moves, and the like has been adjusted just slightly, so that now you can place a second marker on the table for a moment.
>>
>>52913590
>They explicitly stated that as an example of what they do not want. You can not - for example - place a proxy 6" from your warlock and one 9" from your warbeast and measure 12" (your example control range) between the two.

>place proxy for warlock
>hold tape measure end at that point
>remove marker
>place warbeast proxy at 12"
???
>>
>>52913590
>Hungerford: To be clear the intent is that you could place one, measure a distance, place your second and before you do anything else (including anymore measurements) pick up the original one.
You just have to adjust how you do things. If you're clocking yourself a few seconds every game then git gud.
>>
>>52913631
I see. It works if you do it in that order, but also only in that order. Don't you find that needlessly restrictive?
>>
>>52913613

People were complaining in battle reports. Illustrations and context tend to go over better than whinge-posting in a thread.
>>
>>52913603
We don't know yet. They might change grymkin completly before release.

>>52913613
I also said they'll listen if the community comes to a large enough consensus.
>>
>>52913671
I find it better than "no second marker at all" and better than "infinite proxies". The only reason it has to be needlessly restrictive and rules lawyered is because of the tourney autists who got us into this mess in the first place.
>>
>>52913662
>>52913631
Another thing you cannot measure is charge distance partially through a forest. That requires three measurement proxies.

>>52913685
I agree with you there, but wouldn't something like "3 markers, no more" be easier to word right, easier to follow and still be pretty enough for PP streaming tables?
>>
>>52913685

In a game where a half-inch difference was always intended to decide everything, and a half-millimeter difference always *could*, the guy that eats his peas with a knife and fork was always destined to kick ass at the tourney.

This isn't over anon, they'll hunt out another advantage.
>>
>>52913685
>because of the tourney autists
I don't get the bile towards top tournament players. They just realized that precision tools help with clean play which is a requirement for fair competition. And I agree with that.
>>
>>52913711
>Another thing you cannot measure is charge distance partially through a forest. That requires three measurement proxies.
Really? Is it too hard for people to do a times-2 multiplication on a charge? I never used them before the change.

>place base at start of forest
>measure to base
>move base to end of forest
>measure to base (double the distance)
>measure remaining distance
>place base
>replace base with model
>>
>>52913975
That's incredibly imprecise though. You cannot even ensure a straight charge lane that way.
>>
>>52913998
>You cannot even ensure a straight charge lane that way
Is your tape measure bending? Are you using an unallowed non-rigid measuring device? All you are doing is seeing how much movement is in the forest. That's all.
>>
>>52913958

In Chess... the line between the guy that wins tourneys and not is seeing moves ahead (at all) or enough more than your opponent. In WM, people realized that Proxies could be like having a prosthetic brain and, being smart enough to want to effectively be a genius, they did it.

I suppose it's sort of like when the first tailless ground-monkey made a spear and became a wolf. I thought it was cool to do (really, it was like having a prosthetic brain), but I suppose that's not what the devs want to see.
>>
>>52914074
You need to place the markers in a precisely straight line. Which you cannot do if you pick up half of them along the way.
>>
>>52913958

I've personally seen a game where someone used 15 proxy markers, denoted an entire turn. After the other guy stood there while this dude played out 3 different ways to place those 15 proxies, he said "Well, just roll and see if you killed that, cleared your lane then roll to see if you kill my caster"

He did and no models were moved. It looked like ass and both players said after it didn't feel exciting or that fun doing that.

But hooboy it was precise!

Vassalmachine 2017
>>
>>52914091
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>52914118
Dunno about you, but now I want to make a spear and become a wolf.
>>
>>52914117
And wouldn't a hard limit to 3 or 5 bases have prevented that?
>>
>>52914102

This can't measure through a forest precise argument is getting old.

Somehow in MK 2, we were able to measure to a forest, figure out what we had left in a charge, then place our base that distance in a forest without needing 3 Official (Insert your Company Here) markers.

One marker is enough to figure shit out. Shit gets pushed around on the FAT mats and other mousepad mats all the time for 'precise' gameplay.

Just talking out loud and telling your opponent what you're doing is enough without turning the board into a neon marker graveyard.
>>
>>52914154

Aye, as would 1.
>>
>>52914157
We did it the same way in Mk2. The only difference is that you had to commit before measuring.

>>52914199
As would not playing at all. But both of those are overreactions.
>>
>>52914199
>aye
this fucking guy
>>
>>52914217
>But both of those are overreactions.

According to you.

According to the Devs, they don't like the way it presents their game. Which I happen to agree with.

One base is more than enough to figure out intentions and placement, even with a forest or Impact attack.
>>
>>52914264
>One base is more than enough to figure out intentions and placement, even with a forest or Impact attack.
Measuring three different spots with one proxy base? Sure thing m80.
>>
>>52914118

Proxy spam is a tool that a smart gamer can use to play like he was a genius gamer. But it's ugly as sin.

The analogy is how equipping a spear turned humans into apex-predators, specifically better at being wolves than wolves were.
>>
>>52914313
As far from true as possible. Have you seen some top-level games? Have you played against top-level players at all? I can assure you that you need more than proxy bases to beat them.
>>
>>52914154

But you see anon, another poster can come along and say they need to place those bases to determine charge lanes later in their turn and really it's just a static measuring tool and who are you to say they can't constantly measure that area during their turn with a widget.

It's a slippery slope. I think limit to one marker is a mountain from a molehill. Big fucking deal, git gud at visualizing your army on the board.
>>
>>52914102
Your proxy bases need to be marked anyways, there's a straight line for the front arc. Now, line that up with your tape measure.

Jesus christ, did you just get on board with MK3? Because we somehow managed for 13 years in MK1 and MK2.
>>
>>52914302
Why are you need to measure three spots? Explain to me how you can't pull a fucking laser out, put your base where you want to end up, laser the side to make sure it's a good charge, then measure from your base...to the forest--subtract that from your charge movement...and see if you have enough left to clear the rest of your charge?

Is math that difficult for you?
>>
>>52914364

I think I'll stand by my statement, but concede it isn't quite the real thing.
>>
>>52914375

No shit anon.

Again, everyone plays 2d terrain on mousepad mats. I guarantee slippage of models on those mats account for more imprecise game play than only using one marker.
>>
>>52914368
I AM good at that. What I want is to clearly communicate with my opponent and achieve measurements that we can both agree upon. That just requires precision. I don't need or want Premeasuring / Proxying as an advantage over my opponent and it hardly is an advantage in that way. I want premeasuring as a means to reach consent with my opponent on measurements. I've done this since Mk3 launched and games have become a lot more cooperative with fewer disagreements. I don't want to lose that.

>>52914419
I will not explain that geometric problem to you. Not purely in text form. No offense.
>>
Wanting your scenarios to matter even less then some of them already do is insanity. Hard gunlines are gonna come back hardcore in sr2017. They have even less scenario pressure on them then they do now.

It's gonna look like 40k oh lawd
>>
>>52914550
>I will not explain that geometric problem to you
Everyone's calling you a retard. And you'll remain one. You don't need three proxy bases to achieve precise measurements through forests and there's plenty of ways to make straight charge lanes to measure.
>>
>>52914364
>>52914442

>because yeah, I have and where I'd reach for the proxy-stack, he starts twiddling his fingers and sucking on his lips and you can just see the dust-trail of that mental go-cart your mind
>then there's what *he* can do with proxies
>>
File: Battle Engines Week 1.pdf (156KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Engines Week 1.pdf
156KB, 1x1px
Enough bitching about markers. Battle Engine CID is up.
>>
>>52914550

All you basically said there could be achieved with on proxy base. "I plan on charging here at max reach, looks like that's within my charge distance and doesn't get a free strike. Agreed?"

"Looks like it's 6 inches to the forest, that leaves me 1.5 inches to move in and that's within reach of your heavy. Agreed?"

You can hide behind "I can't explain geometry" all you want but it doesn't help your argument.

this shit was handled in Mk 2 BEFORE premeasuring and somehow people came to an agreement over intent and distances.

Almost ever argument I've ever seen over movement wouldn't be solved over 20 proxy bases. Because either the model was knocked over, slipped on a mousepad mat or someone moved their original model without getting agreement.

That's just sloppy play, not fixed by Vassalmachine. They could limit proxy bases to 1 tomorrow and guess what? Tournament play would just keep on trucking and outside of the above scenarios, no one would give a shit.
>>
>>52914772
Ah I see what our misunderstanding is now. The example I mean is when your charge just clips a forest. Or in other words you enter the forest (or rubble) and leave it again. You need a base at your destination, one where you enter the forest and one where you leave it. Otherwise you are right, two suffice.
>>
File: 3b4.gif (435KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
3b4.gif
435KB, 320x240px
>>52914719
>Celestial Fulcrum
>limited application because only 1 fury per turn
>can now be allocated fury from the warlock
>can leech fury from construct warbeasts
>>
>>52914719
Regarding my factions:

>VoJ remains on the shelf
>Wraith Engine aura has a lot of potential
>War Wagon goes down a point and gains a fuckload of hp, time to see if it can outperform a bomber
>>
>>52914719
Surprised that Wraith Engine didn't go up in points. It's pretty much an obligatory model for Cryx armies now.
>>
>>52914936
Only if your bane spam needs more protection from ranged.
>>
>>52914719
>Derp Turtle
>it has more boxes
Well that's all I wanted. Kind of weird that the guy blowing his horn up top doesn't actually do anything though.
>>
Yeah, the Gun Carriage CLEARLY needed 38 fucking boxes. Way to go PP.
>>
>War Wagon gets more boxes, one point cheaper
>No help for offensive output

Ok, maybe this will make it durable enough to get two alphas with Grissel and not get shot to death.

>Gun Carriage gets 38 boxes too

The Gun Carriage remains superior in every way
>>
>>52915001
Well otherwise it would have to get by on only ARM20 like those fragile Khador jacks.
>>
>>52914967
Every army in the game needs protection from ranged in Mk3 and Cryx so far has had none.
>>
>>52914857

You can do that without any proxy bases anon.
>>
>>52915048
Yeah man, those Satyxis Raiders are sure gonna benefit lots from that Wraith Engine!

Not every Cryx list contains tons of undead infantry.
>>
>>52915093
Cryx lists that don't contain tons of undead infantry aren't real Cryx lists and their players should play Cygnar instead.
>>
>>52915093
>saying Satyxis Raiders need help vs. ranged
fucking what?
>>
>>52915126
That's literally the opposite of what I was saying.
>>
>>52915076
Not if you want to determine the precise distance that you spend in the forest. You would be right if bases were point-shaped instead of circular.
>>
>>52915137
That doesn't make any sense, then.

That guy is saying Cryx needs the help (specifically vs. ranged/magic) and your comment comes across as "well, that doesn't help my Satyxis"
>>
>>52915169
No, the guy said the Wraith Engine is an auto-take now (because it provides ranged protection for undead, aka for Banes). It clearly isn't since you can run lists that either don't need it (Witch Coven for example) or don't run lots of undead for it to protect.
>>
>>52915253
Ah, sorry. I certainly see a place for it in more areas than Ghost Fleet/Skarre1 now, for sure -- but it's hardly an auto-include.
>>
>>52915142

>use a laser
>Determine what portions of the forest you clip in
>Double that, subtract from your charge distance

Just like we handled in Mk 2. It's magic.
>>
>>52915341
That's not correct. If you move through 1 inch of forest that costs you more than 1 inch of movement, because your base is inside of the forest for more than 1" of the way.
>>
I'm one year into mk3 & chill and I still have no idea how to deal with Satyxis.
>>
>Stormstrider aims and gets power tokens
>Has 30 HPs

Ok!
>>
>>52915394

Yes anon, I am aware. You should get out some terrain and think about "If I absolutely had to handle this without a proxy using those rules how would I do it"
>>
File: WoldwrathComparison.jpg (25KB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
WoldwrathComparison.jpg
25KB, 520x293px
RATE MY EBIN LIST

https://conflictchamber.com/#b81b_-0p5C4Qcng4g4g45e5eaGaG

Circle Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Bones of Orboros

(Baldur 2) Baldur the Stonesoul [+30]
- Megalith [20]
- Woldwrath [37]
Celestial Fulcrum [19]
Celestial Fulcrum [19]
Sentry Stone & Mannikins [5]
Sentry Stone & Mannikins [5]
Blackclad Stoneshaper [0(3)]
>>
>>52914719
>Literally 0 changes for the TEP

Look, I know it's already a good model, but not even some more boxes? It now has the lowest amount of health out of all battle engines.
>>
>Gun Carriage is already a pain to remove
>goes up to 38 boxes

I'm cool with this.
>>
>>52914719
>AFG
>+2 damage while aiming
>-1 ARM
>+4 ARM vs shooting
>+1 cost
That's okay I guess
>>
File: 2weakassbitchesfighting.jpg (78KB, 461x344px) Image search: [Google]
2weakassbitchesfighting.jpg
78KB, 461x344px
>>52915076
>>52915142
>>52915341
>>52915394
>>52915448

>shut the fuck up about proxy base bullshit already
>>
>>52915685
AFG was already decent. Now it's straight-up good.
>>
>>52915811
Which casters work well with it, though?
Kaelyssa and Garryth have obvious synergy, but Garry isn't exactly a star player. And doesn't Ossyan usually want ranged units to multiply the number of dice you're getting out of his feat?
>>
>>52916159
Rahn. It already has Polarity Field, so there's *less* stuff on the board the other guy can charge, and he can TK it around since it wants to aim every turn.
>>
>>52914719
>the Gun Carriage is has more guns, more armor, and is faster than the War Wagon
>only costs one point more
For fucks sake
Are we getting shafted because SYNERGY again
>>
I like that the Hammerfall Siege Crawler now has clown car tactics with reinforcements
>>
>>52916159
Issyria for Ancilliary Attack. Also she can hide behind it.
>>
File: disabl.jpg (36KB, 980x123px) Image search: [Google]
disabl.jpg
36KB, 980x123px
>muh disabilities
unless you are missing an arm what is so disabling that you NEED proxies to play the game??
>>
>>52916436
I have a severe phobia of the undead and will require all undead models to be proxied with hello kitty figurines.
>>
>>52916436
>doesn't specify physical disability
I swear to god if it's ADD I'm going to be really disappointed in humanity
>>
Is the Bane stuff actually happening today or is it just happening sometime during the cycle?
Cause this just says
>In addition to testing battle engines, the Battle Engine CID cycle will feature a few other models that we want to put under the lens. The largest group will be Cryx’s Bane models.
"the Battle Engine CID cycle" could mean any time during the testing.
>>
>>52916578
It's probably (self-diagnosed) autism with the explanation that they can't visualize moves in their head or something similar
>>
Cryx command is in my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bseyjj1o8juzwly/AABUAawp3bnUUg8bI9YcHjy7a?dl=0
>>
>>52916436
I have a painting disability, meaning all of my models look like shit. I don't want people to laugh at my paint jobs, so I have to prox my entire army.
>>
Does anyone have a better compendium of No Quarter? The link in OP say most of those zippyshares are expired
>>
>>52917206
a scholar and a gentleman.
>>
>>52917206

Thank you very much kind anon! You're life savior for us poor bastards. Cheers!
>>
Is this game dead yet
>>
>>52918418
once 40k 8th edition releases, yes
>>
>>52916840
Banes go up tomorrow.
>>
What the fuck did they do to premeasuring? I only kept up with the rules at Mk3 launch and I thought you can just measure anything at any time now?
>>
>>52918568
You still can.

You just can't throw down a bunch of proxy bases and measuring widgets to plan out you entire turn before you make it.
>>
>>52916436
Is that the same guy who had like parkinsons or whatever and he found sliding a proxy base into position was easier for him then placing models because he would knock over the other models?
>>
>>52915044

Honestly, the Gun Carriage is still crap anyway. Its like being jealous of another factions Jacks in MKII. Your jealous of something better, but it still sucks.

Its such a boring model.
>>
>>52919670
I mean, just read this
>The Tanks: The primary purpose of these combat-oriented battle engines is to disrupt the enemy’s plans through multiple effects, including creating terrain, knocking down large numbers of models, and simply being incredibly durable. Some of the new battle engines I see fitting into this category are the Khador Gun Carriage, the Trollkin War Wagon, and the Meat Thresher.
It just seems to me they didn't go far enough with what they want out of them.
>>
>>52916297
No.
Because;
>fuck trolls. Play khador.
>>
I like the look of the elves in this game even though their robots look weird. How do the play?
>>
>>52920612
Combined arms. Lots of positioning and movement shenanigans. Elite, expensive, versatile units and robutts. Lots of anti-magic. Their warcasters tend to support their units more indirectly than those of other factions. Good guns.
>>
File: 1454334465105.png (197KB, 337x317px) Image search: [Google]
1454334465105.png
197KB, 337x317px
>>52914719
>Throne of Everblight changes.
>>
Storm Strider still sucks. It puts in so little work for how much it costs.
>>
Post your predictions! What will the bane theme force do?
You know, aside from the obvious free shit.
>>
>>52923518
If the formerly Cryx-playing Menoth and Legion players at my shop get their wishlist, they're getting Stealth and Tough back along with some big meaty buffs for Tartarus.
>>
File: madrak3.jpg (384KB, 520x676px) Image search: [Google]
madrak3.jpg
384KB, 520x676px
So I'm gonna pick up Grissel1 and one other warlock. I need your help /wmg/.
I've narrowed it down to Calandra and Madrak3, since they both fill the support type warlock.
Who should I choose?
>>
File: thinking.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
>>52923838
>formerly Cryx-playing Menoth and Legion players
>from moar banez to moar jackz and moar beastz
I'm sensing a pattern here...
>>
>>52923518
Free UA or solo every 25 pts
One unit of Bane Warriors gains Stealth
Battlegroup gains an Dark Shroud

If you want to be spicy
>>
>>52917206
Thanks a lot, anon
>>
>>52924156
Madrak certainly has the better looking model, but it probably depends on what you're running with it to get the best synergy.
>>
>>52924309
The one guy who picked up Menoth AND Legion is the number one resident tryhard, and his mk2 lists were literally pure Banes.
Couldn't tell you what his new lists are like since I steer clear.
>>
>>52924156

I like Calandra personally. 16 inch star crossed isn't bad.
>>
>>52919670
I'm pretty certain people who say this either haven't used it or just try to use it as a gun platform.

It needs to get stuck in and start slamming and knocking down niggers then shooting them in the face. You charge a jack, slam it, shoot it and reposition away. Now its probably missing some systems, on its arse and sat in difficult terrain so it can't retaliate. The carriage's fat arse also means it can impact attack several models at a time easily and knock them all down as well.
>>
>>52911621
That's about 50% MSRP. Sounds fair as long as the paint job is good.
Jusy be aware that a lot of people will strip a paintjob off of used models regardless of the quality.
>>
Has anybody download Godless yet? I've heard it's got the good stuff in it.
>>
>No changes to TEP
Why?
>Changes to Throne
We are living Engine Boyz.
>>
Where are the banes PePowski?
>>
BEs so tanky
>>
>>52916159
Issyria and Rahn can both do great things with it.

Helynna is more about warjacks, but she can make it nearly invulnerable to shooting with Deceleration.

Ravyn isn't an all-star right now but Snipe can be some real bullshit with a gun like that. I mean, two shots, potentially PW18 RNG20.
>>
>>52927600
Sevvy is dead, Feora is planning tomfoolery, Skorne is all up on Imers dick, and the Northern Crusade has been recalled
>>
File: Thamar.jpg (105KB, 744x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Thamar.jpg
105KB, 744x1024px
>>52929012
>Menites getting BTFO

PRAISES TO THE TRUE GUARDIAN OF MANKIND.
>>
>>52925007
>>52925434
Yeah, I just started collecting
I got
>Battlebox
>Mauler
>Fennblades+UA
>Whelps
>Kriel Warriors+UA+WA (unpainted so not using them)
Madrak seems like he'd be more directly able to support what I have
>>
>>52929012
Sevvy is dead
RIP old man
>>
That siege crawler needs a nerf. It's both a combat and a support BE at the same time, and on top of that it's the tankiest BE all in one package.
>>
>>52929212
Well, we all saw it coming.
>>
File: Fell Caller.jpg (114KB, 544x640px) Image search: [Google]
Fell Caller.jpg
114KB, 544x640px
>>52929089
Oh yeah, and a Fell Caller.
...which probably doesn't mesh that well with Grissel.
>>
>>52929374
> tankiest
He is only 2 hp over gun carriage. With only 5 spd over GC's 8.
>>
>>52929731
Yeah, that cover sure makes it a mystery
>>
So what now for the PoM? Civil war?
>>
>>52929948

The low SPD doesn't really matter when we're talking about dorfs.

Look at its combat output, it's on par or better than most of the combat BEs, then consider its got probably one of the single strongest support abilities able to shit out weapon masters through recursion.

And then make it tankier than every single other BE.

It breaks the underlying rules all the other BEs are built with. The better they are at fighting the tougher they are (except the TEP, I don't think they know what to do with that yet).

All the other support type BEs, even the slow ones like the Circle and Ret ones, are all much more fragile in comparison to the combat ones featuring 32 or less HP.

The siege crawler is a support BE, yet has guns that rival or are flat out better than the combat BEs, and is tougher to kill to boot.

It needs nerfing.
>>
>>52929948

low SPD is far less of a detriment in 2017, scenarios don't really mean shit anymore.
>>
>>52916297
You are forgetting aoe 5 arcing fire knockdown for the war wagon.
>>
>>52930049
Almost certainly. Kreoss vs Feora, exemplars vs flameguard, lawful evil vs slightly less lawful evil.

They have to deal with the Skorne first though. Maybe the human religious nutjobs will team up with the elf religious nutjobs to defeat the weeaboo religious nutjobs.
>>
File: 32456234563456.png (896KB, 661x639px) Image search: [Google]
32456234563456.png
896KB, 661x639px
Who's ready for Lich Lord Severius?
>>
So, who dealt the killing blow?
>>
Ret Ramadan is up on War Room.

It's really not all that amazing
>>
>>52931037
Hexeris
>>
>>52931287

...How's his soul?
>>
>>52931418
With Menoth thanks to Durant.
>>
>>52931497

Dodged a bullet there. Although Hexeris3 would have been something to see then.
>>
>>52931418
Sevvy3 Ancestral Guardian solo.
>>
>>52929012
Doesn't that mean that for the first time in history, Cygnar is unopposed on the current world map?

RIP motherland.
>>
My theme song while playing Thyron now

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8TgQbki1Ik

Where my elves at get hype!
>>
Morg3 and the new Ret stuff is up on Conflict Chamber.

BE CID coming soon.
>>
>>52917206
Good work! Sorry I dropped the ball on this one.
For my part, here it is as a Zippyshare.
Mk3 Cryx Command
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/kAGpNygA/file.html
>>
>>52917206
>>52932028
Thanks to both!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-120427.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-120427.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>52931056
G4 is a bit odd but Hemera seems fantastic.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-120433.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-120433.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>52932148
>>
Holy fuck. Morghoul 3 is interesting.

>Loses Weapon Master directly, but gets the bonus if attacking blinded models
>His bitches both have a blind fan
>Has Flashing Blade, Occultation, Spell-that-gives-apparition, and Night's Reflection (enemy model/unit suffers blind for one round. Aptimus Marketh auto include confirmed)
>Feat is a pulse that grants ff warriors acrobatics, overtake, and parry.

I likey. Especially Night's Reflection. That alone will fuck units.
>>
>>52932021
Battle Engines in CID are on Conflict Chamber, too.
>>
Anyone mind tossing up the stuff that's new for Ret/Skorne?
>>
File: morg3a.jpg (118KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
morg3a.jpg
118KB, 686x960px
>>52932329
>>
File: morg3b.jpg (121KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
morg3b.jpg
121KB, 686x960px
>>52932389
>>
File: morg3c.jpg (131KB, 688x960px) Image search: [Google]
morg3c.jpg
131KB, 688x960px
>>52932407
>>
File: morg3d.jpg (113KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
morg3d.jpg
113KB, 686x960px
>>52932426
>>
File: morg3e.jpg (113KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
morg3e.jpg
113KB, 686x960px
>>52932446
>>
File: morg3f.jpg (107KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
morg3f.jpg
107KB, 686x960px
>>52932468
>>
>>52932165
>Reposition 3" on a SPD 6 heavy jack that fixes friendly faction shooting, and and arcnode meant for the blinding light caster.
WAS IMPERATUS NOT ENOUGH!?
>>
>>52932148
>16 points

Welcome to broken Character town, Population: You and Ruin.
>>
>>52932720

>implying the genesis of this wasn't Issyria floating bedraggled back from getting her shit pushed in by hexy and the fatman and saying "Imperatus isn't enough".
>>
Dark Host doesn't give Stealth to Banes but it does give Prowl.
>>
>>52916297
Imagine how fast the horses are when they're not pulling the wagon.
>>
>>52914719
>>
>>52932743
She's just ONE little arc node with a modest 4" AoE on the side, how broken could it be?
>>
>>52931056
I take it all the new melee units are less good than Sentinels?

What's Ghryysgrrylyrrld like?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-115224.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-115224.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-115233.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-115233.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>52933193
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-115239.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-115239.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>52933193
>>52933212
>>
File: sooooooooooooooooooles.jpg (25KB, 230x330px) Image search: [Google]
sooooooooooooooooooles.jpg
25KB, 230x330px
>>52933130
October 2017: Welcome to the Retribution Character Warjack CID.

I fucked up again. Someone please fix it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-115243.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-115243.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>52933193
>>52933212
>>52933232
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-115249.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-115249.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>52933193
>>52933212
>>52933232
>>52933247
>>
>>52932028
You wouldn't happen to have new links for the no quarters would you? They all say they're expired.
>>
>>52933272
Is it just me, or is that a really nice anti-melee control feat? I'm not used to seeing cold or stationary effects.
>>
>>52932389
Why did they take weaponmaster away?
>>
>>52933490
So they could give it back but only against things that are Blinded. I guess Morg got lazy.
>>
Bane CID is up on Conflict Chamber.
>>
>Best Goreshade yet
>Retribution caster

Sold my shit, Age of Sigmar here I come!
>>
>>52933490
>>52933511
Critical: Decapitation, too. I guess the thought of one guy, even a master assassin, giving himself 6 dice to damage was too much for PP to fathom.
>>
Is there a new Exemplar theme force? does anyone have the rules?
>>
>>52933791
RIP in pasta, sweet Cryxboi. Enjoy your $1000 eight model powerlist!
Man, why is it always the Cryx players
>>
>>52932389
So Morghoul3 obviously wants to bring Marketh for that insane blind spell, but what infantry do you bring with him? None of our infantry choices feel too stellar. Swordsman for Occultation? Ferox for Occultation? What needs Mirage in Skorne? None of our beasts feel like they want to be with Morghoul3. It's like every Skorne unit just needs a little support to be insane, but Mirage and Occultation weren't the support spells we needed. I want to cross the board, what good is Mirage? Why not just bring Makeda1 if I want that? Quicken is a pseudo-mix of Mirage and Occultation.
>>
>>52933866
Here's my question for Skorne players out there. Why would I take Morghoul3 over Makeda1 or Makeda2?
>>
>>52933705
What is there?
>>
>>52933981
Warriors and CA reduced by 1 point. Knights lose Vengeance and gain Wall of Steel. Riders lose Curse, gain a MAT, and pick up Vengeance. Tartarus down to 6 points. McThralls also drop 2 points and gain 1 DEF.

Theme Force, Dark Host, gives free CA/solo per 20 points of units, gives Banes Prowl, and places two 4" dense fog templates within 20" of your deployment.
>>
>>52933866

Nihilators on feat turn, man.
>>
>>52934167
That's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1427136830706.jpg (32KB, 296x352px) Image search: [Google]
1427136830706.jpg
32KB, 296x352px
>>52933998
>Prowl, two free clouds, and the obligatory pile of free solos
>>
>>52934167
At the moment what I'm thinking is Occultation on Marketh to keep him alive, then he just walks around painting targets for Reivers/Catapults to blow up. Karax keep things occupied, then your beast points get spent on ????? things.
>>
>>52933998
Thanks. What does Wall of Steel do? More arm when B2B?
>>
>>52934255
+2ARM while B2B. Congratulations you now own Dawnguard Sentinels. Enjoy safely crossing the table because you can't die to blasts anymore.
>>
>>52933815
No, we have to wait for the release on May 24th or spoilers when someone gets the NQ early.
>>
>>52933435
War Room Army

Retribution of Scyrah - hug in the shade

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Lord Ghyrrshyld, the Forgiven - WJ: +28
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker - PC: 4
- Hemera - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Sphinx - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Imperatus - PC: 22

Aelyth Vyr, Blade of Nyssor - PC: 5
Priest of Nyssor - PC: 4
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Soulless Voidtracer - PC: 2

Ryssovass Defenders - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Spears of Scyrah - Leader & 2 Grunts: 9
- Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander - PC: 6

---

GENERATED : 04/27/2017 15:14:15
BUILD ID : 2039.17-03-16
>>
>>52933998
Bought back my shit, mk3 here I come!
>>
>>52934271
But no vengeance like on Dawnguard.
>>
File: 1476495457651.jpg (17KB, 253x165px) Image search: [Google]
1476495457651.jpg
17KB, 253x165px
>>52934388
Post Ryssovass, I gotta know what their deal is
>>
Okay so here's what I have so far:

>Morghoul3 + Bitches
>Theme - Winds of Death
Marketh

Karax
Karax
Reivers + UA
Reivers + UA
Venator Dakar
Venator Catapult/Flayer Cannon (free)
Venator Catapult/Flayer Cannon (free)

Extoller Soulward
Extoller Soulward

If you're relying on guns this much you probably don't even need Handlers. But what beasts do you even bring in a list like that? A Cannoneer feels kinda meh when a Catapult is basically doing its job, and he doesn't support beasts at all. What protects Marketh the best? A Krea? A Brute? A Sentry? AN ARADUS SENTINEL?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-160541.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-160541.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>52934496
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-160546.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-160546.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>52934496
>>52934564
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-160553.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-160553.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>52934577
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-160556.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-160556.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>52934596
>>
>>52934564
>-2 P+S, plus Tough, no Wall of Steel
Are they really worth it over Sentinels with just a 2 point discount?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-160606.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-160606.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>52934614
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-160617.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-160617.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>52934631
Also his sword has crit freeze
>>
>>52934577
>>52934614
Hot damn, let me eat my words real quick
>>52934617
>>
>>52934617
+2DEF, no knockdown, with the full boat they're also +1 attack rolls and Hard
>>
[Theme] Winds of Death

(Morghoul 3) Dominar Morghoul & Escorts [+25]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Cyclops Shaman [8]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Aptimus Marketh [0(5)]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Venator Dakar [4]
Venator Catapult Crew [0(5)]
Venator Flayer Cannon Crew [0(5)]
Venator Reivers (max) [15]
- Venator Reiver Officer & Standard [4]

And done.
>>
File: B9Um1dC.gif (922KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
B9Um1dC.gif
922KB, 400x225px
What does Aelyth Vyr do to make his ryssovass hard?
>>
>>52935116
Dexterous hands.
>>
>>52931558
I assume Cryx is still harassing their coast.
>>
>>52934617
Yes, because Precision Strike is awesome
>>
>>52935381
How steamed is Eiyrss1 going to be about these dudes stealing her old niche?
>>
>>52932743
Honestly?

She doesn't deserve to be any more expensive. She's got some great utility, but she's no killer, nor is she particularly tough.
>>
Can someone post the Shyeel Arcanist unit? That's what I'm most interested in.

4shade is fucking juicy tho. Lich Lord Severius better be real or we'll never hear the end of this from Cryxfags.
>>
>>52934669
I think it's probably better to skip the full boat, and just take more.

They're still a hard sell over Sentinels, but they're good. They do need some source of Pathfinder, especially since they have a B2B ability.
>>
>>52935560
Yeah, outside of being used with Issyria's bond, Hemera is probably sightly less powerful than Discordia, and sightly cheaper.
>>
>>52933232
>Ghost Walk in the same faction as the MHA

Uh oh.
>>
>>52934249
if he's 8 inches away from what he's casting at, stealth won't save marketh
>>
>>52935708
Depends if it survived ;^)
>>
>>52935677
It's a lot less powerful than Doscordia.

It has one POW15 attack vs Discordia's two POW16 initials and its chain slam. Critical Dispel is cool on the Celestial Gate (also that's a badass name for a gun), bit the spray with Brain Damage is way better.

Hemera will be really useful with Issyria but only moderately useful with others.

I kinda wanna see what the Spears of Scyrah can do, personally. Is this Ret's first character unit?
>>
>>52934669
+2 Def only vs melee, I'm going to have a blast shooting these guys all day as circle
>>
File: 1465338216326.gif (1MB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
1465338216326.gif
1MB, 200x155px
>>52935678
>Elara2 and now 4Shade with the aggressive delivery methods
Suck it Cryx, weebs win again
>>
File: 1470443606221.jpg (56KB, 493x387px) Image search: [Google]
1470443606221.jpg
56KB, 493x387px
>>52931835
>Thyron hype
Have you been priming indoors all week, or did I miss something big?
>>
>>52934564
>>52934577
Every non-legion Nyss unit is better than its Legion.

It's CSM all over again.
>>
>>52935754
... Okay? It's not like Sentinals survived much shooting anyway. Besides, I can Revive them now.
>>
>>52935838
Nyss infected by a crazy dragon with daddy issues aren't better than just regular old not-insane Nyss?
Seems about right to me.
>>
>>52935838
Clearly Everblight is at fault for thinking his blightspawn could hold a candle to Satyxis master race.
>>
>>52933385
I can upload them next week. Sorry for the wait on that, I have a lot of crap to do this weekend.
>>
>>52934271
Also No Knockdown Tough, which is a thing.
>>
>>52934416
But No Knockdown Tough, which can be relevant. Competing with Sents is definitely where one might argue they're not good though.
>>
>>52935646
Conveniently, 4Shade has Ghost Walk.
>>
BTW, if you all thought that CID was to improve the game and correct mistakes or bad models before PP releases them, I have some bad news for you.
From Soles (who else would it be?)
"Just a general note on the CID process and I apologize for any miscommunication on this matter. The purpose of CID is not to question or redefine intent. It is to enable the community to help us achieve intent. The CID process exists to gather feedback on the rules presented in hopes of perfecting them as much as is possible. The process enables us to determine if individual models/rules/scenarios are working as intended, are compelling, etc. If they are not we will make adjustments and update the rules in CID for further refinement and testing."
>>
>>52936205
>>52936225
Can you give the Warrior UA to Knights now?
>>
>>52936296
Um.

I don't think that says what you think it says.

Soles should never be allowed to speak publicly, but he's saying they've decided what they want to accomplish, and CID is to prevent them from fucking it up (e.g., release another Una2).

No, CID isn't a forum for you to convince PP to do something (and this is a *good* thing given the quality of morons who post there), it's to convince them that shit is broken before it gets official rules.
>>
>>52936712
I'm sorry, I thought people were comparing the Nyss Swordsmen to Sentinels. If we're talking Banes, there's really no comparison.
>>
>>52935719
No I mean even if you kill it, whatever was behind it will kill marketh. Morghoul3 just seems bad
>>
>>52935904
Sentinels did survive shooting though, they became armor what, 21 during minifeat? my sentry stones were dice off 11 or something.
>>
>>52936957
I don't see why anyone would take him over Makeda1/2 to be honest shake my head family.
>>
>>52936979
Facing Sentinels makes me want to lick my Widowmakers for their pleasure.
>>
>>52937062
>Model has snipe
>Can take out any infantry

>Model has anatomical precision
>Can only take out living infantry

This shit pisses me right off as a Skorne player with a solo that has a 2" anatomical thresher. You come up against the wrong infantry and suddenly the model is useless. Meanwhile Widowmakers are just always good against any infantry.
>>
>>52936844
Players are good at identifying problems, but bad at fixing them.
t. Mark Rosewater.
>>
>>52937106
Can't be as bad at fixing them as Wizards. This is what, the second time in a year that they haven't changed a ban list then two days later have realised they fucked up?
>>
Anyone got a fluff summary for Godless?
>>
>>52934396
Bane Riders are probably (not guaranteed) getting 2" melee back next week. They are considering shuffling around the benefits on the Bane Warrior UA. We're currently trying to make the Desecrator an attractive jack with Banes. Bane Knights are probably getting Set Defense.
>>
>>52937545
>They are considering shuffling around the benefits on the Bane Warrior UA

What does that mean?
>>
Anyone willing to post the stats for the remaining Ret stuff? I can't get into War Room from here.
>>
>>52937495
Imer is being fucked by Skorne. Hexeris kills Severius. Tristan saves his soul from getting eaten. The Northern Crusade is recalled. Feora gears up to make her power bid.
>>
>>52937604
granted and tactics swap
>>
>>52937604
Either swapping them to Tactics: Tough and Granted: Rise or moving Tough back onto the Standard.
>>
>>52937912
>>52937927
Tactics: Tough would be cool.
>>
>>52938173
It's what I've been advocating for. Tactics: Rise means basically nothing without Tough so you effectively lose the Tactics with the Granted when the UA dies. I'm hoping they swap them.
>>
>>52938480
>Tactics: Rise means basically nothing without Tough

...It means you suffer no action penalty from being knocked down.

I think a switcharoo would be a good idea too, but it definitely comes in useful.
>>
>>52939152
How many situations are there where a Bane is knocked down having not gotten that way from succeeding on a Tough roll? Does this come up a lot in your games? Currently Bane Warriors die on average to unboosted POW10s, and will still die to unboosted POW11s or 12s with a Wraith Engine nearby. Rise as a rule is only at the very best cornercase on the unit without Tough. Killing the Officer effectively negates both the Tactics and Granted in the vast majority of circumstances.
>>
File: Contemplation.gif (426KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
Contemplation.gif
426KB, 384x216px
Got a question for any LGS owners that might be here.
Do stores order directly from Privateer Press? I've been waiting for an order my store put in TWO MONTHS AGO supposedly with Privateer Press, and they say that PP isn't responding to any emails.
I like the owners, but I'm getting this suspicion that they are lying to me about something.
>>
>>52939507
Pretty sure they go through distributors. PP sells to distributors who sell to stores who sell to consumers.
>>
>>52939623
Yeah, I added on a Fennblade UA and Troll Whelp to the order, and suddenly those two specific things come in within the week.
They said they got that through another distributor, which only makes me more suspicious.
>>
>>52939507
They almost all order from distributors. The distributors may or may not be particularly fast about getting stuff to your LGS.

My LGS happens to be across town from one of the largest distributors, so I can order PP stuff from them and pick it up in 1-2 days.

Some distributors are shit, though. Can't say I know which ones are bad, but ACD seems to be one of the good ones.
>>
>>52939507
2 months? tell them to cancel it man, and just order off of discount games or someshit. I'm all about supporting the local lgs but 2 months is garbage
>>
>>52940005
Yeah, but they claim they are ordering directly from Privateer Press, which seems to be bogus at this point.
>>52940093
I'm seriously considering it.
>>
>>52934533

I looked at the them forces pdf. Winds of Death only allows for Venator and PGBH models, Karax aren't allowed.
>>
>>52940249
Also from what I gather PP is actually very good at answering emails, no emails for 2 months is just a straight up lie.

I know a lgs near me in CT is also super bad at ordering/money stuff. They were taking people's orders and asking for money up front and using that money to buy orders from 2 months ago, shit like that
>>
>>52939507
Almost always through distributors. The exceptions are OP kits, things PP sells on their own store, and I think we got some of our Mk 3 launch stuff directly from them, though I'm not 100% on that
>>
File: super-clean-degreaser.jpg (116KB, 460x770px) Image search: [Google]
super-clean-degreaser.jpg
116KB, 460x770px
Does anyone know if this stuff is safe on PP's resin? I've got some battle engines to strip and I'd rather not melt them down.
>>
>>52943076
For me, I was unable to get Citadel primer off my plastic models whatsoever, even after a day's soak. I didn't notice any adverse effect, definitely not melting.

Metals it brushed off ezpz.
>>
>>52943076

I had it tint the resin on a Mammoth to a light purple, but that's about it, didn't effect it any other way and didn't make a difference when it was primed
>>
Does anyone have screenshots of the Spears of Scyrah or Arcanists Unit cards handy?
>>
>>52936296
>I'm just looking for reason to complain, even if it means making shit up

The post you quote directly contradicts what you're complaining about. I bet you're that Grey Templar faggot that keeps writing lengthy bitchy posts about every little thing.
>>
>>52940510
Yeah I realised later. I've since given up with Morghoul3. He seems pretty shit. If you want to kill your opponent with infantry there are much better casters. Quicken + Krea will get your shit across the table much better than Occultation will.
>>
>>52935832
Fane knight guardian makes him a beast.
>>
>>52934631
Is this MAT\RAT 7 Nyss Hunters? Seems not bad
>>
(Makeda 1) Archdomina Makeda [+29]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Molik Karn [19]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]
Tyrant Rhadeim [9]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Praetorian Ferox (min) [12]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [4]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [4]

What if I just brought MORE Swordsmen?
>>
>>52946300
It's pretty good.

But not even Nyssor can save Cylena and her hunters from the worst sculpts in the game.
>>
So making the jump from Menoth to Circle and I'm liking Tanith. What models are necessary for her to have?
>>
>>52946892
The battlebox casters are designed to work well with everything, but Tanith is best suited to working with the human units (Reeves of Orboros in particular are good with her) and a gang of the usual hard-hitting warpwolf beasts.
>>
>>52936178
That's perfectly alright brother, I appreciate the help
>>
>>52933096
honestly, at the end of CID cycle I feel like the TEP will be comparatively as good as that image looks. They've gotta nerf CoC somewhere, and CLEARLY they're not gonna do it through Axis galvispam where it would make sense.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170428-101522.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170428-101522.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>52944601
>>
File: Screenshot_20170428-101532.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170428-101532.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>52944601
They're... Odd
>>
Where are banes standing currently?
>>
>>52947977
>>52948030
Wew, that's a really, really bad character unit.

They need Stealth at the very least, and they don't seem to do anything beyond have the capacity to kill grunts.
>>
>>52927476
I was more concerned about the paint job taking the price down. Thanks!
>>
>>52948303
Oh, wait, they have Stealth.

So they're okay, I guess. I still don't see much use for them that can't be achieved by cheaper options. I guess maybe their speed and Reach work well with Goreshade's ability to toss Ghostly on stuff.
>>
>>52948303
So they have two redeeming qualities that I've found. Opinions inc.
They're a small-base Mage Hunter unit so you can attach Eiryss3. This gives them AD (Granted: Reposition is sadly wasted) and is the cheapest way to get Eiryss3 on the table.
Since they aren't named Ghyrrshyld can Revive two of them.

Seeing as Eiryss3 is IMO the best Eiryss I think that's enough to take them with Ghyrrshyld, but I'm not sure about anyone else.
>>
>>52948380
Maybe.

I'm not sure I can justify spending 9pts on these guys just so I can get Eiryss. Maybe if they had a clear role, something they're actually really good at. Like if they had Precision Strike or Cleave or something.

Right now all they're really good for is killing infantry reliably, but if they're going to be charging units of 10 or more dudes they're never going to make any kind of real impact before being killed off.
>>
>>52948505
DEF 17 is nothing to sneeze at. Granted I have all of one game with them but playing against Skorne the only way he ever killed them off was using Hexy1s feat to have them kill each other. Took like three or four tried to get the first one going. I think they're worth testing at least.
>>
>>52948303
They are not bad, they match the new Defender attachment as a Caster Escort unit.

You keep them near the caster and if something threats him you send those guys.

The problem is that 9 point are to much, considering that a Full unit of halbardier it's 13 points and they do more or less the same, but offering 10 body. The only pro is that they have shield guard.

Side note : How Shield Guard interact with stealth ? The hit is always a hit even if the shoting model can't see stealth ?

On pro note with Defender and this guy someone like Garryth, Thyron and Vyros really have few things to fear and they can play on the up field with few problems.
>>
Someone has the card of Ellowyr swordsman UA ?
>>
>>52948647
>The problem is that 9 point are to much

This is probably what will prevent them from seeing play.

They're okay bodyguards for something you want protected, with the ability to do a bit of damage themselves if the opportunity arises, but at ARM11 they may as well be single wound infantry. Anything that hits them WILL kill them.

9 points for three dudes that can be removed by a single blow from standard anti-infantry stuff is a sore bargain.
>>
>>52948708
>They're okay bodyguards for something you want protected, with the ability to do a bit of damage themselves if the opportunity arises, but at ARM11 they may as well be single wound infantry. Anything that hits them WILL kill them.

I think that might be part of the point- mix them in with a general infantry advance, one shield guard triggers vengeance, and you've got nasty little deep threat.
>>
Holy shit I cant believe cryxbabbies managed to whine their way to bane buffs. Why learn how to play the game when you can complain and apply MOAR BANES.
>>
>>52948201
Knights: May actually be worse (outside of theme). Strongly expected to change next week. They still don't really have a role; Warriors have the same big shooting defense *in theme*, and out of theme I don't think you take them over Satyxis Raiders.

Riders: Still bad. Might be playable in theme, though, because Prowl ghostly cavalry should be good, but I don't think they do better than their point cost in Warriors.

Warriors: Seem playable out of theme and *really* good in theme.
>>
File: Mechanithrall.png (363KB, 497x627px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanithrall.png
363KB, 497x627px
Will mechanithralls finally be... well not great, but usable?
>>
>>52949129
Did Warriors get changes other lower points cost?
>>
>>52949116

That's not what happened to bane-knights, man. That was the 40-banez build and they're still looking to be taking up battlefoam space and being a bendy-spear hazard.
>>
>>52949353
Theyre still complaining. Even in this thread. They wont stop until they get what they want
>>
>>52937694

Any lore-drops?
>>
>>52910473

Newbie question on how ADR and Theme Forces interact: Which comes first?

> Option A
I declare I am playing a Theme first. All of my models, including my sideboard, are restricted in the options I can take.

> Option B
I declare I am swapping out X models, turns out I meet the restrictions of the theme, therefore I will play in theme and claim my free solos.

Trying to weigh up the merits of ADR casters vs open unit selection.
>>
>>52949220
Prowl in theme, otherwise no.

I tend to think 15 for 10 super-pathfinding, effective POW 13 weapon masters is *playable* outside of theme, and with Prowl (and control over terrain placement) they're quite good. Haven't had time to see them on the table since they hit CID, though, but Warriors look good now, the rest just need help.
>>
>>52949116
Or maybe the original PP plan was to nerf everything into shit and then make only theme forces competitive to regulate the meta and sales.
>>
>>52949791
A.

>"Specialists must follow the restrictions of any Theme Force to which they are added. "

Page 2, Masters pdf
>>
>>52950033
>>
>>52950170
>>
File: Wrastler_1.jpg (168KB, 1023x913px) Image search: [Google]
Wrastler_1.jpg
168KB, 1023x913px
>>52950150

Many thanks.
Second newbie question, can I use Power Attacks on my own models?
Specifically, throwing a model further upfield than I normally could?

> Pic related
>>
>>52950269
you used to be able to, but not anymore.
>>
>>52949791
>>52950269
Another thing you should know, is that due to the current wording, you cannot replace free models, so be careful what you discount.
>>
Exemplar theme when?
>>
>>52950218
They used to be 17 and got a 1 point discount.
>>
>>52950654
Next No Quarter, which is next month.
>>
File: Thrall Rules Reference.pdf (96KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Thrall Rules Reference.pdf
96KB, 1x1px
>>52950809
>Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
>>
>>52949210
you can get 90 of them for 72points now.
>>
>>52951921
>>52951921
>>52951921
NEW THREAD
ABANDON THREAD
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.