[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To dogs, humans must be elves that live for hundreds of years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 22

File: succeeding diplomacy checks.png (140KB, 476x279px) Image search: [Google]
succeeding diplomacy checks.png
140KB, 476x279px
To dogs, humans must be elves that live for hundreds of years. The same human being a friend for multiple generations of a dog's family.

How it look like to outsiders if humans are being treated like useful pets, well looked after, treated with all sorts of amazing medicines when ill, cuddled and played with when young and having their company enjoyed all the way up to their deaths by elves?
>>
>>52908153
I mean, I'd be cool with it, but the west is really into freedom nowadays, so most people would probably rather starve to death in a ditch.
>>
File: Magical Realming.png (195KB, 635x354px) Image search: [Google]
Magical Realming.png
195KB, 635x354px
>>52908153
*sigh* Can we stop with these poorly-disguised Magical Realm threads already? Fuck oh dear are they getting old.
>>
>>52908204
>Can we stop with these poorly-disguised Magical Realm threads already
Are you trying to sexualise dogs, anon? What's wrong with you?
>>
File: 1446708689959.jpg (12KB, 153x225px) Image search: [Google]
1446708689959.jpg
12KB, 153x225px
We had this thread a million times. I can count several elf-waifu threads in the catalog right now. Please just stop.
>>
>>52908204
>Calling MAGICAL REALM for literally no fucking reason

Newfag get out, stop shitting up the board
>>
File: thisiswhereyoubelong.png (308KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhereyoubelong.png
308KB, 546x700px
>>52908271
>>52908204
>Bitching about an existing thread instead of making a new with a more interesting topic and contributing

Its like you are legitimately braindead.
>>
>>52908323
This is interesting and contributing? It's literally OP masturbating about pet-play and then making a half-assed effort to hide it.

It's like you are legitimately braindead.
>>
>>52908304
>humans being treated like pets isn't magical realm

lol
>>
>>52908323
>criticizing anonymous on an anonymous image board on what he is doing
Just tell me about all the post I've done and why I'm a bad person for making these posts.
>>
File: 1493002084800.jpg (51KB, 620x775px) Image search: [Google]
1493002084800.jpg
51KB, 620x775px
>>52908153
Oh my
>>
Why is /tg/'s first impulse to consider OP is indulging a fetish? I mean, he very well might be. Or he could be a hopeless manchild with no concept of sexuality and just wants to spend time fantasizing about being surrounded by nearly immortal, wizened overlords that take care of his every needs while bestowing him with next to no responsibilities.

Honestly, it can be compared to grade school. You're considered young and dumb, and unfit to watch after youself. So someone unfathomably ancient (to you. She's actually just 40) has to mind you, and tell you what to do, and what not to do, and where you can go. Etc. Etc.

I think I just compared childhood to slavery.
>>
File: lewddd.png (34KB, 219x177px) Image search: [Google]
lewddd.png
34KB, 219x177px
>>52908526
Slavery is also a super common magical-realm though. Submissive people also outnumber dominant people almost 4 to one when it comes to which end of the action they wana be one.
>>
>>52908153
>>52908204
>>52908271
>>52908335

I'm pretty sure this is literally just based on that tumblr post likening the relationship between Dogs and Humans to Humans and Elves. Like, how to Dogs we might look like these incredibly long lived, wise beings that seem ageless, eternal until we're not, kinda like how we view elves.

I don't think the analogy was supposed to be taken this far though, it was a lot cooler when it wasn't being reversed and the role of dogs juxtaposed on humans.
>>
>>52908153
I don't know how but you are somehow jerking it to this.
>>
>>52908343
>Everything I add to a game is for the sole purpose of me masturbating to it

Your are just as retarded as your average SJW.
>>
>>52908348
I already told you. Are you so dumb that you cant read?
>>
>>52908526
>Why is /tg/'s first impulse to consider OP is indulging a fetish?
Because they are projecting. Nearly every time someone bitches for no goddamn reason about anything being MAGICAL REALM DURR in most cases it is because someone is so used to sexualizing everything that he cannot believe how someone else would not.

Basically SargonĀ“s Law.
>>
File: Fishchan.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fishchan.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>52908543
So does that mean that any book written about slavery only exists because the author masturbated to it?
>>
>>52908153
So you're basically comparing the relationship between elves and humans with that of humans and dogs.

How about between elans and humans? Somewhat similar with different lifespans but with some element of shared origins and the potential for one to become the other, kinda like vampires.
>>
File: thrallherds.png (76KB, 1017x709px) Image search: [Google]
thrallherds.png
76KB, 1017x709px
>>52908153
>To dogs, humans must be elves that live for hundreds of years.
FUCK
OFF

Age means absolutely fucking nothing in terms of sentience or continuity or whatever.
You just don't fucking realize how sentience works. Until you do, kindly fuck off.

>The same human being a friend for multiple generations of a dog's family.
Fuck off even more. If you treat your pet as a """"""""friend"""""""", then you are a retard. Moreover, your dog doesn't treat you as a friend unconditionally either. Its loyalty isn't based solely on its past experiences with you, there are million factors at hand.

>How it look like to outsiders if humans are being treated like useful pets
Like fucking degeneracy. If you want an example why that is the case - think of Teaching Feelings. If you still don't understand why after examining the example, let me spell it out for you - coddling a person until it's a barely functional human being that is unable to survive without outside support from you is a CRIME against sentients.
Someone on this board put it very aptly, so I'll just quote him:
>To illistrate, take a kitten. Bottle feed it, keep it inside always. wean it onto store bought food as it matures. Declaw and nuter it. Wait for it to reach adulthood. Now abandon that cat in a rural area with few if any humans to support it and see what happens to it. Odds are it will die fairly quickly because it has not been prepared to fend for itself. In fact it has been actively discouraged from developing its own set of survival skills in lue of being a good friendly indoor cat. A lovely cat in the eyes of anyone who would keep it as a pet, but a disfunctional, broken mess in the eyes of another cat. It cannot hunt, it cannot mate and it has never encountered something that can and will do it harm.

I might be incoherent in my ramblings, so if you want a tl;dr version, here it is - "fuck right off with your bullshit".
>>
>>52908795
Haven't told me anything.
>>
>>52909499
Sounds like OP touched a nerve!

>your dog doesn't treat you as a friend unconditionally either. Its loyalty isn't based solely on its past experiences with you, there are million factors at hand.
If a human is treated well, then isn't it still a friend?

>To illistrate, take a kitten...(etc)
And how well would a modern human survive in a rural area outside of prepackaged food and farmland? Is modern society just as criminalising if it makes humans unable to hunt and survive and feed itself?
>>
>>52909578
>Sounds like OP touched a nerve!
Fuck yes he did.
> If a human is treated well, then isn't it still a friend?
You can't be fucking serious.
>Is modern society just as criminalising if it makes humans unable to hunt and survive and feed itself?
The difference that the existence of modern society doesn't depend on the whim of a single being with a lifetime a few centuries too long and a bored mind.
Modern society is a consensus (a social contract, if you want me to be more accurate) of multiple people, a system that balances and counter-balances itself with multiple failsafes. An elf is a single whimsical being and who the fuck knows what's going on in his mind.
>>
>>52909578
>>52909614
And to add on to what I said above, actually, yes, I DO think that modern society is just as criminalising, for various reasons.
If you really want us to have this discussion, then, by all means. Otherwise, I don't want to waste the time and effort.
>>
>>52909614
>An elf is a single whimsical being and who the fuck knows what's going on in his mind.
Well, the power dynamic between elves and humans compared to humans and dogs are somewhat different, aren't they? Humans are a lot more threat to elves than dogs are to humans thanks to foresight and actual relatively higher amounts of intelligence.

>You can't be fucking serious.
>>52909671
> I DO think that modern society is just as criminalising

Actually, why not. Now I'm thinking about it more in depth, a discussion on modern society might work as a good move.

States would be considered elves in this scenario, giving people who cannot survive by themselves the means to survive by ways of handouts and "coddling" them by providing protective services like law and looking after them.

Is that really something you see as wrong and criminal?
>>
File: lolgif3.1.gif (1MB, 150x113px) Image search: [Google]
lolgif3.1.gif
1MB, 150x113px
>>52909499

I came here to laugh at how incredibly assmad about nothing, and dangerously autistic you are.
>>
>>52908153
Why not dwarves? Why not demons, gods, celestials, giants. Other races that can live much longer and are much more interesting for varieties sake?

Why is it always elves with these shit threads?
>>
>>52909614
>social contract
>I DO think that modern society is just as criminalising

Did you quit your entry level philosophy course halfway through Hobbes or some shit?
>>
>>52909700
> Is that really something you see as wrong and criminal?
If it's done by mutual agreement AND mutual understanding - no.

However, people don't choose their initial societies. I mean, yeah, they can fuck off to another country if they want to, but the thing is - you are a hostage of your state until you reach an arbitary age of adulthood.
The thing is, by the time you reach this age, you have already been exposed to your society and its cultural values/propaganda/ideas/etc. - and more likely than not, you've been restricted exposure to all the other cultures. I mean, that's how mandatory education works - you can choose what to put into children's minds and shape them as you see fit.
Thankfully, nowadays, with invention of the Internet and mostly globalized world, it is harder to restrict information, but you still get shit like Russian and North Korea.
That's one of the reasons I think modern societies are criminalizing (although, to a much lesser degree than any society before that - credit where it's due).

Basically, I think that governments manipulating social values and education to enforce their statist policies is pretty fucking shitty.

If you want an elf analogy, imagine being born into an ancestry that served said elf for many generations. You are basically shaped to go into your father's steps rather than making any sort of meaningful choice via being exposed to all kind of stuff and weighing the options. Instead, it is most likely that your elven master decides the stuff you get exposed to.

>>52909721
>being passionate about the topic = assmad autism
Fuck off.
>>
>>52909846

lol you need a new insult bruh
>>
>>52909846
>you are a hostage of your state until you reach an arbitary age of adulthood.
But that's wrong. You're held hostage of your parents, who can drag you from one state to another without the state having any say.

Elf analogy; you can certainly go to many other elves once you come of age, if you've got enough money to move elves. Better do a good job servicing that elf if you want to have the right and funds to do so though! Some elves have strict service requirements, and may require an interview and vetting by other humans serving that elf.
>>
>>52909950
>You're held hostage of your parents
Until child protective services take you away from your parents.
>>
>>52909950
>You're held hostage of your parents, who can drag you from one state to another without the state having any say
You have a point, and I don't argue that. That is actually why the system works as-is - because societies can intermingle, and your parents bring the influence of one society, even if you live in another. That said, countries with isolationist policies do exist, and those countries are usually the ones especially aggressive about imprinting the "right" values onto people's minds (see Russia, North Korea etc).

Another thing I don't enjoy about modern societies is the modern "wageslave" mentality and consumeristic approach that people are being imprinted on due to how the current global economy works and the need to keep it turning.

Honestly, modern societies have a lot of failings. I'm a lazy faglord who enjoys making controvertial statements without backing them up with an argument, so excuse me and feel free to point out if I'm being retarded about some things I say.
>>
>>52910016
And then you're held hostage by your government?
>>
>>52909614
I never signed no damn contract! You can't trick me!
>>
>>52908782
I mean, do you not?
>>
>>52910084
>That is actually why the system works as-is - because societies can intermingle, and your parents bring the influence of one society, even if you live in another. That said, countries with isolationist policies do exist, and those countries are usually the ones especially aggressive about imprinting the "right" values onto people's minds (see Russia, North Korea etc).
But being influenced isn't necessarily a bad thing. Wasn't it your own culture's influence that suggested that freedom of the mind is an ideal to be sought?

If there were no culture, then it would be wilderness that imposes its culture onto those who live on it without any intention or sentience. There's always something that will influence growing individuals.
>>
>>52908841
Uncle toms cabin anime when?
>>
File: shiggydiggy.jpg (96KB, 392x367px) Image search: [Google]
shiggydiggy.jpg
96KB, 392x367px
>>52909499
Wanna know how I know that you are so autistic that not even a dog loves you?
>>
>>52908153
I would find it weird, but if they enjoy it power to them.
>>
>>52909499
>declaw it
literally hitler
>>
what if there's an elf that was raised by humans and decided to go on adventures with his adoptive family over the course of 500 years..
I there anyone like that actually? .
>>
>>52909499
This thread was totally worth it just for this rectally ragnarƶkĀ“d anon.
>>
>Elves are secretly the ruling class
>humans are peasants as usual
>adventurers are Elf nobles' ā€œpetsā€, though the Elves hide it and act like party members
>adventurer parties are basically Elves walking their favourite humans so they can see them fighting and doing other neat human tricks the others who remain serfs don't do
Could work desu.
>>
>>52908153
Is this before or after I gut the knife-eared cunt?
>>
>>52910650
>There's always something that will influence growing individuals.
Which is why, to mitigate the influence of one specific thing on the growing mind, it should be exposed to EVERYTHING instead.
>>
>>52913729
That's pretty good but twhat would happen if their was a legit threat to society? would the elves set their humans at it and see what would happen or would they solve the problem themselves?
>>
>>52908885
Elan are to elves what elves are to humans - insanely long lived creatures with strange powers and incomprehensible knowledge that come and go as they please, touching lives centuries apart and making impacts on entire societies when they bother.

To humans they're just some guy they happen to meet that doesn't age, because humans don't live long enough to realize how old an elan is - dozens, even hundreds of generations of humans can pass by in the space of a few elven generations, and elan can live through literally hundreds of elven generations if they're careful.
>>
>>52913729
I can imagine the elf that owns the king talking about how cute and grumpy his pet is. Smirking when he is mad at servants, and finding funny how he lost sleep when preoccupied about a problem that is trivial for elves.
>>
>>52908153
Sometimes I'm having a bad day, scroll /tg/, see this kind of dumb shit and feel better
>>
File: ozakibloodyface.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ozakibloodyface.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>52908153
>muh age
And yet they bleed just like everyone else.
>>
>>52909499
>I might be incoherent in my ramblings, so if you want a tl;dr version, here it is - "fuck right off with your bullshit".
Not incoherent, so downright autistic that it keep me laughing for a minute or so.
You somehow only addresses one single moderately good point, and the fucked it with the example. A cat can't communicate his feeling to a person, under this logic is better to kill a baby that has a mental or physical problem because he is going to be a dysfunctional human in the eyes of some people, even if he come to value his existence as he is. Another thing that is wrong about the example is that you are assuming too much, some breeds of dogs and cats have gone feral after generations without human artificial selection.
In short: Fuck off anon, calm down
>>
>>52908587
This. I'm surprised nobody's posted up the original responses.
>>
>>52908153
It extends to more than just age, the way we breed, condition and generally reshape animals to fit our needs, desires and whims is very reminiscent of what True Fae do to humans in Changeling: The Lost.
>>
>>52909846
>If you want an elf analogy, imagine being born into an ancestry that served said elf for many generations. You are basically shaped to go into your father's steps rather than making any sort of meaningful choice via being exposed to all kind of stuff and weighing the options. Instead, it is most likely that your elven master decides the stuff you get exposed to.
Does said elf keep me as happy and healthy as the ideal pet owner keeps their pet? Because I'm totally fine with not achieving anything if the trade off is a happy, comfortable life. Freedom for the sake of freedom and at the expense of comfort isn't my thing.
>>
>>52914361
Well, yeah, but humans bleed when dogs bite them too.
>>
>>52913909
If it was a society-wide threat that's widely known, the Elves would deal with it on their own, in secret.

If it was a typical RPG campaign threat, like learning of a dark sorcerer who wants to summon some ancient evil, then the Elf who learns of it might feel confident enough to be able to handle it by himself (with the help of his trusty humans/other lessers).

In Elven history, it would not be a party of adventurers who saved the world, but a brave Elven hero (honourable mentions to his loyal pets who died for him).
>>
>>52909499
Jesus, dude, I don't like this thread either, but that's taking it a bit too far.
>>
>>52909499
Found the PETAfag.
>>
>>52915217
PETA kills animals, though.
>>
>>52908153
Unless humans aren't sapient in this scenario, this whole premise doesn't work. Dogs have adapted to the point of being literally wired to need humans, I think there was a recent study that found that just seeing or smelling their owners stimulates the pleasure center of most domestic dog's brains.
>>
>>52908153
To be fair, dogs are incapable of speech that's intelligible to humans and barely even sapient. Humans meanwhile are on the same level of intelligence as elves: the intelligence gap between humans and dogs is by D&D terms the gap between an average 10 INT and 2 INT. Meanwhile elves have no INT modifier so they also average out at 10 INT. Even if we assume some subrace that gets an INT bonus, it's still the difference between 10 and 12, or average and gifted.

This is beyond incomparable.
>>
>>52915304
>Implying that the pleasure centers in your brain wouldn't immediately go off the second your loving elven mistress comes home and pets you.

What a faggot.
>>
>>52909499
The only part I really agree with is
>neuter it
Seriously, how can you claim you love a pet when you genitally mutilate it for your own convenience? I'm not talking about something like a horse, which is gelded for entirely practical purposes because it exists as a practical animal bordering on a tool, I'm talking about animals we call our friends like pet cats and pet dogs. There's something incredibly twisted about castrating a friend.
>>
>>52916205
>Seriously, how can you claim you love a pet when you genitally mutilate it for your own convenience
Humans do it to their children and still claim to love them.
>>
>>52916158
>your elven mistress might have a fetish for humans
>testosterone intensifies
>>
>>52916263
Or they claim that their imaginary friend will get mad if they don't.
>>
>>52916205
The alternative is killing the shitloads of stray cats and dogs that usually end up happening because your housecat got horny and banged a sexy stray.
>>
>>52916263
As someone who's vehemently opposed to non-medical circumcisions: it's not the same thing as castration.

>>52916468
It's more of an 'entry into the community' ritual like baptism. If they handled it in the same way some countries handle female circumcision (a single prick with a needle to draw blood) there'd be literally no problem with it.

>>52916505
Because as we all know sterilizing them isn't an option.
>>
File: FOR KHORE.gif (2MB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
FOR KHORE.gif
2MB, 800x640px
>>52908153
>keeping aggressive hairless apes with a tendency to get dumped on by any ecosystem they enter and proceed to destroy it for vengeance's sake as pets

But why? The housebreaking would be absurdly difficult. Expensive, too. It's just not worth it!
>>
>>52908304
Did you see the picture OP used, anon? It's magical realm bait, plain as day.
>>
File: 1488906496624.png (1MB, 741x796px) Image search: [Google]
1488906496624.png
1MB, 741x796px
>>52908782
>Everything I add to a game is for the sole purpose of me masturbating to it
This is literally true. Thankfully my fetishes are esoteric snowflake fetishes like multifaceted power struggles in politically muddy regions and eugenics based benevolent fascism. I also have a thing for origins to cultures, races, and tribes involving mankind courting and making love to primordial concepts like fire or the sun and the stars or manifestations of these primordial concepts such as a dryad wreathed in the flames of sister-that-is-herself that is the avatar of the cycle of death giving way to life and life causing death to continue living.

Go ahead and try to kinkshame me, I'be ascended beyond your petty morals.
>>
>>52913909
How much do you trust your average hamster?
>>
>Smug elf 'keeps' human royal family so he can boast to all his smug elf friends about their pedigree
>Checks in on them once in a while, posing as advisor make sure they haven't wrecked the place, or gone and sired a load of mongrels
>Helps out with problems now and then when humans can't do it themselves

Meanwhile From the human king's point of view:
>This elf keeps showing up, swanning about the place like he owns it
>Comes and goes as he pleases
>Not sure why I keep feeding him to be honest
>Sometimes deposits remains of troublesome monsters in my throne room. I mean sure, I'm glad they aren't terrorising the peasants, but I'd rather not find manticore guts next to my best slippers..

Humans might seem like dogs from an elf's point of view, but from a humans, elves are an awful lot like cats...
>>
>>52909762
Can someone please answer this?
>>
>>52917421
Dwarves have their own brand of shitpost.
>>
>>52917421
>>52909762
We all know the answer, let's not kid ourselves here.
>>
>>52908526
>Or he could be a hopeless manchild with no concept of sexuality and just wants to spend time fantasizing about being surrounded by nearly immortal, wizened overlords that take care of his every needs while bestowing him with next to no responsibilities.
I don't think he should be insulted for that fantasy, because a lot of people would be into that.
>>
>>52908153
we already saw this pasta
go back to tumbler
>>
>>52917638
He's already there, friend
>>
>>52915236
They kill pets, because they believe that for a dog, being a pet is a fate worse than death due to it being "unnatural", much like >>52909499 was saying. In the fucked up mind of a PETA member, ripping a happy dog away from its loving owner and then murdering it is a mercy killing.
>>
>>52916205
That's always bothered me too. I could never do that to a male dog I claimed to love like a family member. I could live with spaying a female dog, because I don't consider that to be outright mutilation even if it does remove reproductive ability.
>>
>>52908153
Sounds a lot like bunnies and burrows.
>>
>>52917308
10/10, you should write it down.
>>
>>52916158
>tfw no elven mistress to pet me while I cling lovingly to her leg, followed by giving her a massage, sharing a hot bath with her, and falling asleep in her arms after passionate lovemaking
Fuck this universe.
>>
>>52918573
I dunno, humans who fuck dogs are creepy weirdos.

Elves who are willing to fuck humans would probably also be the weird creepy ones that other elves try to stay away from.
>>
>>52918611
That's ridiculous. Humans are much more similar to elves than dogs are to humans. Put a pair of pointy ears on a human and no one would know the difference. If anything, humans would be considered exotic playthings for elves.
>>
>>52918666
I dunno, I think that closeness might make it more weird? Like normal people look down on the dog-fuckers, but I bet even dog-fuckers would think a chimpanzee-fucker was fucked up
>>
>>52909578
Modern society is indeed criminal to those with Will. It breaks their will and makes them bow neck and bend knee. Not this one's favorite thing.
>>
>>52914651
Are you claiming that elves have superior tools to humans? Or that they are somehow hypersentient when compared to humans?

I'm just saying, dogs don't have access to guns or nuclear weapons.
>>
>>52918765
You seem irrationally dedicated to the idea that elves wouldn't want to fuck humans.
>>
>>52914407
Here you go
>>
>>52917871
What's the difference?
>>
>>52920709
It's internal instead of external. It's sterilization without mutilation.
>>
>>52921130
So it's okay if you can't see the damage?
>>
File: 431.jpg (661KB, 1008x3364px) Image search: [Google]
431.jpg
661KB, 1008x3364px
>>52921314
She can still orgasm? Furries plz respond
>>
>>52921314
And because it's not quite the same level of "damage". At least as far as I know. I could be wrong. If I am, then I'll say I'd prefer if they sterilized dogs the way some people get sterilized, with vasectomies or tying the tubes. Unless dog biology doesn't allow that for some reason. In that case, I don't know what to think.
>>
File: spice_and_wolf.jpg (673KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
spice_and_wolf.jpg
673KB, 1440x900px
>>52916205
Anon, if you don't neuter it, then it will mate with other dogs, and then all those little puppies will either die in the streets or be sold and likely killed in the pound. Meanwhile, some pet owner is having a stressful time because you couldn't neuter your own dog, and your dog is pissing on all your stuff.

I mean, it's not like you're going to let your dog ever have sex if you can anyways. It's merciful to cut off his balls so he won't have a sex drive that he can never satisfy.
>>
>>52909499
>Teaching Feelings
But you rehabilitate the girl over the course of the game.

>Moreover, your dog doesn't treat you as a friend unconditionally either. Its loyalty isn't based solely on its past experiences with you, there are million factors at hand.
This is true of everyone and everything and is therefore meaningless.
>>
>>52917016
I think you're seeing magical realm where there is none, anon.
>>
Please don't bump the thread if you don't have anything to contribute.
>>
>>52921130
>>52922347
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutering
Generally they cut the animal open, cut out the ovaries and womb, and tie off any arteries and veins so it doesn't bleed out. It's also mutilation, just internal.

>>52918819
>It breaks their will and makes them bow neck and bend knee
As opposed to breaking their bodies and making their bellies starve and perish? At least modern society gives a far better survival rate, and allows the possibility of rising up, even if that is sometimes more hope than possibility.
>>
>>52917016
Anon that picture is from a mango about a hostage princess that routinely murders her monstrous caretakers so she can get a comfy nap.
>>
File: Companion to the lonely.png (315KB, 689x418px) Image search: [Google]
Companion to the lonely.png
315KB, 689x418px
>>52926700
>captive princess
magical realm
>princess murdering monsters and sleeping on their bodies
triple magical realm
SHE'S THE ELF USING THE MONSTERS AS THEIR PETS!

IT'S HER!
>>
>>52908782
If a videogame or RPG ruleset came out and the dev/writer literally said "I made the characters/rules this way because it turns me on and was fun to draw/write", then it'd have to be pretty shit for me not to want to support it on principle.
>>
>>52926916
A bunch of japanese games then?
>>
>>52926927
Unfortunately I can't read Japanese and very few creators (that I know of) have come out and said it.

Also, I don't think Japan is in need of people supporting that kind of action, they seem to be pretty okay with that kind of creator already anyway... I think. I'm not going to say anything with confidence because I know next to nothing about Japanese society that wasn't mentioned on 4chan, but that attitude seems more prevalent since (at least in vidya) games seem more commonly auteur driven, than "design by committee" that a lot of western games feel like.
>>
>>52926738
>>52917016
>Magical realm

A basic rule: If you see something in a game and your very first thought is WOW I BET SOMEONE MASTURBATES TO THIS, its not the others who are the problem. You are.

From MAGICAL PISS FOREST you went to EVERYTHING I DONT LIKE.
You are the very cancer that is killing /tg/.
You are THATGUY.
You are the very reason cannot have quality threads anymore.
You are the very reason /pol/ gets summoned.
You and others who think like you.
>>
>>52914630
I think what he's saying is that you have a RIGHT to that decision, but in the elf situation you wouldn't know of an alternative. Being raised in that society would you still make that decision? Probably, but it likely wouldn't be for the same reason. "Freedom for the sake of freedom and at the expense of comfort isn't my thing." is likely a very different logical path to take since you have such experience likely going from (to use very loaded words for the purpose of brevity) "captive" to "free", in order to decide that freedom might not be worth it.

But if you were always "captive" and only ever looked out your window at "free", then whoever controlled that view outside your window would be able to manipulate your perception of what "freedom" is.

I'm terrible at metaphors, but I hope that made sense/got the point across.
>>
>>52914008
But...is there a race that is to the Elan what the Elan are to the Elves?

How far can we take this?
>>
>>52917139
Deez doggos are 'dorable.
>>
>>52926466
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutering
>Generally they cut the animal open, cut out the ovaries and womb, and tie off any arteries and veins so it doesn't bleed out. It's also mutilation, just internal.
Well then I don't know what to think.
>>
>>52914008
I still think vampires are the best comparison especially with the background awareness that they were once human.

>>52927090
Elan have no maximum age limit.
All that's left beyond that is stuff like outsiders and gods and other unusual beings with different existences.

An elan thrallherd could make for an absolutely horrifying villain, affecting change throughout eras like liches but potentially less obvious.
>>
File: lawful consequential.png (111KB, 485x305px) Image search: [Google]
lawful consequential.png
111KB, 485x305px
>>52926974
protip: >>52926738 has a clip from the manga in question

>>52927004
What freedom looks like to people is also important. If the alternative to living in elfland with an elf carer is hunting and dying in the wastelands without magic elf healing then the people in elfland may ask "why exactly is 'freedom' so good?"
>>
>>52908153
>human being a friend for multiple generations
Or
>human being a terrifying captor that castrates your young and only lets you piss once every several sleep cycles
>>
>>52926466
There's a phrase about man and "bread alone" that's relevant here. Society does give us plenty of bread but do we actually know how to DO anything, like make our own bread in small groups much less alone? Do we actually find purpose in doing anything aside from maintaining comfort, when we do know how to act? The more modern the manner of living the less likely you seem to be to find those skills or drives, because we coddle people not to use them or seek purpose in them. We preserve the dying and make them comfortable, but do we give them a reason to actually live with any dignity above that of an animal? No, we actively deny them it. By the rejection of all natural pain, toil, and death, living in our own little gardens in this effort to uplift ourselves, we've cut our selves off from the reality of the natural world: it's not technology that I'm bashing, but rather our relationship with it. Man can be easily domesticated: it's more amazing that animals can in all honesty. Dogs have often have the willpower to resist but lack awareness. Man has awareness but often lacks the willpower. What about elves?

Regarding OP, the question then comes to be whether elves are closer to that reality and less "domesticated", which is more than a matter of age, and I'd say: It depends on the setting.
>>
>>52927755
>By the rejection of all natural pain, toil, and death, living in our own little gardens in this effort to uplift ourselves, we've cut our selves off from the reality of the natural world:
There is zero dignity in watching your hollow-eyed children lie dying because you don't have the energy to crawl to the only usable well three miles away and pull muddy water back to let them drink.

There is zero dignity in hammering at icy earth with a hammock to try to break it with backbreaking labour in order to have something to eat, and realising you have to do this, for the rest of your life until you are too old to, and then have to beg not to be left to die because you can't help the family any more.

People can still have drive and talent and skill. They don't NEED to, so less people will choose to. But there is a choice - you can choose to write a novel or make artwork or even forge a beautiful campaign setting instead of being forced into a life of manual labour where you have to have the skill to cut the guts out of dead rabbits or you risk starvation.

I would rather have a society where people are coddled and those who WANT to rise up can, than a society where people are forced to struggle to survive and those who can't die. The latter may drive more innovation, but innovation at the sake of suffering is pointless. The whole point of innovation is to make things easier or better for ourselves.
>>
File: 1490301914719.jpg (246KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1490301914719.jpg
246KB, 627x502px
>>52917139
Wow anon, your fetishes are very specifics. Do you still find fap materials for your tastes ?

Also noice dogs
>>
I never knew I wanted to make an elf cry really hard and regret getting me when I get knee cancer at 87 and have to be put down.
>>
>>52917139
>making love to primordial concepts like fire or the sun and the stars or manifestations of these primordial concepts such as a dryad wreathed in the flames of sister-that-is-herself that is the avatar of the cycle of death giving way to life and life causing death to continue living
Secretly this is the only thing that appeals to me. It's like pica for masturbation.
>>
>>52927818
But if there is no suffering, there is no desire to innovate
>>
>>52927818
I agree that there's no dignity to be found in raw suffering alone any more than it's total rejection. Suffering is pointless and cruel if nobody grows by it, but it's removal leaves people ignorant and unprepared: our society has found wealth but not happiness because that's all it set out to do. You can still make something of worth, and there's more time to, but it's hard to believe that art as a whole is in any way a boon now: it primarily distracts man from the state he's in or simply states it. Art reflects both it's creators and it's consumers, and the art of the most cutting edge modern of this society is purposefully meaningless trash. Working retail or rotting away on welfare could hardly be called more any dignified than things you wrongly imagine were the regular state of man before modern society, even if they are less painful. If your only goal in innovating is comfort fine, but don't pretend all of human history that all innovation was for the sake of comfort. Far more often it was for efficiency: you'd get more work done working in a factory, grow more to give yourself a better chance with the new crop rotation, not work less. Men have had many lofty and low goals as to what to do with the extra, but the obsession with comfort is a phenomena which until recently was confined to effete upper classes. The ability to act on your will isn't restricted by having to work any more than consequences in rpgs are railroading. Spending fewer hours of the day working doesn't mean you're free if you only know how to fill them with frivolous distractions because you're taught momentary pleasure is a means for fulfillment: if you were truly free you could face starvation as a possibility and choose your own path whatever the period, but few men want to be free in any age or from any standing: few men now even know how to want that.
>>
File: parsee got mad.png (208KB, 559x398px) Image search: [Google]
parsee got mad.png
208KB, 559x398px
>>52929823
>if there is no suffering
It'd be very nice as a world. That's irrelevant since there's still so much suffering.

People still starve in our streets.
People work until exhaustion because their jobs don't pay enough and they fear they will be laid off.
People love, and have their hearts torn out by their loved ones who cheat on them, or decide they love others more.
Businessmen tearing out hair because the work they have put into their businesses is not enough and they are going under.
Kids commit suicide because they are screamed at every day by merciless parents wanting a grade A child over a failure.
Scientists driven to destructive drinking because they cannot grasp the true nature of the world.

There's less overall suffering. That hardly means there's no suffering at all.

>>52930134
>it's removal leaves people ignorant
Ignorant? Western modern society has schooling for all, even the poor. You think that man's natural state had better understandings of the world? When we screamed at each other over borders that our gods were better than theirs? When we thought the world was flat?

>leaves them unprepared
Unprepared for what? Do you think if the bombs were ever to fall, that someone prepared for life in the woods will stand a better chance against the radiation than someone who's a fat fuck who just happens to be close to a well stocked shelter? If someone lives their whole life without having to starve, do they really need to know how to scavenge for edible things in the bottom of trash cans?

I agree that much of modern art is trash, but there's one final point;
>comfort only until recently confined to effete upper classes

nigga who do you think does the innovating? The famous philosophers and scientists and those who change the world, do you think they came from potato farmers and wild woodsmen shooting game? Socrates, Newton, Descartes, Edison, Feynman, people who are remembered through history and their ideas and inventions changed lives.
>>
>>52930784
>>52930134
Innovation is done from those who are great, and many of us aren't that great. But haven't you ever seen Maslow's hierarchy of needs? You can't create great things if you have an unsteady foundation. Few people innovated on a starving belly; it was those who had ambition or greatness in their minds who drove them to succeed, and continue to succeed even when they could have stopped and enjoyed life, that make themselves great, and make their mark on the world. Some even innovate.

Making everyone have to starve won't improve society, it'll just cause it to stagnate again. Why do you think the world of humans is in such flux over the last 100 years compared to fucking centuries of slow progress? Compared to Rome's times, this is a blink of an eye. And you think that this state of affairs is stagnation?

We can probably both agree that burning your hand on a fire is an important lesson. I'm fine with making sure there's a sign above the fire warning them fire is hot, and having medication to make sure there's no permanent scarring if someone is dumb enough to disregard the sign. You seem to be suggesting everyone has to mandatorily have their hands thrust into fire and their skin left scarred and untreated for the rest of their lives, and not care if they die of infection in the meantime, because it's somehow advantageous for someone (who even benefits from this???) for people to burn their hands on a fire.
>>
>>52908204
Well maybe if Nazimod and his resurgent cult of board police hadn't driven away all the creativity and variety we'd be able to have threads outside of the categories "generals", "magical realm" and "/pol/-bait".
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.