[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Guy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 51

File: 1225464863.jpg (140KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1225464863.jpg
140KB, 900x675px
>player has exceptionally bad memory
>forgets things told to him 2 minutes ago
>decides to play a High Int Lorekeeper kind of character
>doesn't take notes or read the ones handed to him
>all his advice is fundamentally wrong and halt the progression of the game
>the GM is at the point of hijacking his character whenever he passes knowledge to the rest of us
>refuses to play a different character
>from next game onward, he always arrives half asleep
>>
So, basically me.
>>
>>52908052
>That picture
But why?
>>
>>52908062
The pls leave the game Fred or start reading the fucking notes you're been handed.
>>
>>52908052
I know right, people should only play characters like themselves. That's why I only play muscle-bound sex-gods.
>>
>>52908085
And you use your muscles during games? Do you use your sex powers during games? No.
If the player plays a high intelligence character, a lorekeeper, he should AT LEAST read notes and take them.
>>
>>52908085
Not OP, but don't play a character if you can't depict their key traits.

Playing a muscular god is easy, since that is reflected in the mechanics. Playing a lorekeeper when you literally can't remember anything is gonna be quite difficult if you don't keep notes.

A forgetfull lorekeeper who scribbles everything down on small paper notes sounds like fun though.
>>
>>52908085
After a long hard day of wrestling my enemies down and making them submit sometimes I just like to imagine something else okay?
>>
>>52908052
Sounds like my previous GM.
>>
>>52908083
It's not handed, man, you just flip them across and I'm supposed to know they're important?

You've gotta make a show of it, man. Get me interested in the notes.
Make me feel like I am the keeper of the note and the note is the difference between saving the world and dying.
You just shuffle them off like 'you find a piece of blah' and I'm like 'sounds like exposition. NEXT'.

I've already put in the effort to wake up specifically for this stuff, so you know I give a crap.
I just need you to sell it harder or biology just takes over.
>>
>>52908371
>While exploring the sewers, you stumble upon a symbol
>"I roll Knowledge (Arcane)"
>It's the symbol of THE MAGIC RAT KING!
>Its presence here means that there are RATS and DEMONS in the sewer!
>Here is the note. Since you found about the symbol in the sewer, I smeared it in dogshit and puss
>>
>>52908542
Ugh. 'Note tells you next thing to hit with a stick'.

This is where you're going wrong.
No matter what, bitches gonna be hitting it with a stick.
>>
If he's doing it intentionally that could be a god tier joke character
>>
>>She hosts the game at her house and so far its become the best place to meet for all of us so there's no getting out of this.
>>She is possibly the laziest fuck I have ever known. Granted she got injured due to two car accicentds within a month but even before the pain she had guests empty the trash for her, clean up after her animals for her, bring her food and drink, cook for her and so on.
>>originally she was the dm of one of the games we play. She was not very good at it. She's more of a tell not show sort of style and more than once has had our characters go through entire sessions where we could not affect anything or even act at all.
>>lately shes been falling asleep through her own games and passing along the dming to one of her players. Granted he's actually very good at it. He does the different voices for the acting, knows how to improvise and runs through battles pretty awesomely. Props to this guy.
>>she starts doing things less and less pushing all of the responsibility on this other player.

And then I start up my own game and we switch between my game and hers biweekly so that I may have a chance at dming and give the other guy a break and chance to play.
>>
>>52908052

Sounds like a great character concept.
>>
>>52908891
Continued.

>>I have to roll her character for her despite giving her the books, printing things and sitting down with everyone to see what they want to make.
>>I attempt to get her included by using plot hooks, and trying to include her but.. She's like a hood ornament. Driven everywhere and does absolutely nothing.
>>slowly I've been focusing on her less and less and giving other players who actually play the game attention.
>>She eventually sleeps through almost the entire sessions. Loudly snoring on the couch with no one strong enough to roll her out.

I have spoken to her about this many, many times trying to get to the root of the problem and seeing if there's anything the rest of the group can do about it. Honestly, I'm thinking of trying to find a way to get my place set up (possibly on the patio) and hosting the game at my place.

Inevitably if she doesn't show up, because I have no comfy furniture to facilitate lazing about or sleeping on, she may stop showing up all together and may end up phasing out of the game until she gets things figured out for herself.

We've tried helping her but at this point, you can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves.
>>
>>52908891
>>52908910
Maybe ask her to go to a doctor?
>>
>>52908925
we have and she currently is seeing one, although mostly the quackery kind. She's one of those that believes in crystals and energies and that she knows way more than any medical professional because her mom was a nurse ages ago. If she does see a doctor its to get pain medication and pain injections, when honestly she would be better off saving money and getting surgery to fix some of her problems.

And honestly she was like this even before the accidents. Like just stop showing up for work, sleeping through things, having people do everything for her including bringing her food, taking care of her pets and trash and cleaning her house for her. Its like the accident just made it worse. She's gained like a lot of weight in the last year. Like at least an extra 150 pounds and that can't be helping her pain or injuries but she cant even commit to getting on some sort of diet or seeing some physical therapy. Her friends have offered to help her many many times but she just stops doing it or finds some reason to not do it at all.
>>
>>52908371
Yep, definitely That Guy. And entitled one, too.
>>
>>52908889
He's clearly a master of forgotten lore, with a bit too much emphasis on "forgotten"
>>
>>52908987
You can't help someone who can't help themselves like you said. Hopefully her family can take care of her.
>>
File: nick young is at a loss.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nick young is at a loss.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>Playing Dark Heresy on roll20 (already a bad start)
>That Guy has a hateboner for religion
>Makes an ultrafedora-tier antitheist assassin
>Keeps sneaking out at night to desecrate temples
>Destroys a holy relic we uncovered "accidentaly"
>Acts surprised every time he gets corruption for that shit
>Dies because of cumulative Mutations and Malignancies that dropped his Intelligence to 0

>Proceeds to pitch the same character, but as a Guardsman
>>
>>52910801
>40k
>Human Athirst
Does he understand the lore?
>>
>>52910882
He told the GM he did, but I'll take a wild guess and say that he lied about it.
>>
>>52908987
>She's one of those that believes in crystals and energies
Yeah, don't bother with her. It's a waste of time to try and fix people after they fall into that pit of retardation.
>>
>>52910882
>Does he understand the lore?
Do you understand the lore?
The Emperor himself tried to get rid of all the religions and deconverted many planets.
Having a human that follows his path and plan isn't that farfetched.
>>
>>52908069
Because some can't handle strong coffee but still need it.
>>
>>52911166
Yes it is that farfetched, a simple glance at the fucking foreword of any book would explain this. in 40k all religion has been replaced by worship of the emperor because of the Ecclesiarchy and the Inquisition. Actively sabotaging temples and relics of the emperor would get you executed on the spot.
>>
File: paul_macartney_sez_no.gif (1MB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
paul_macartney_sez_no.gif
1MB, 400x307px
>>52911166
>Having a human that knows and follows the original vision of the Emperor after 10000 years of it getting bastardized into the Imperial Creed and entering the Inquisition without someone finding out isn't that farfetched
>>
>>52911166
that's forbidden ancient lore at best, heresy as interpreted by the millennium 99.99% of the time
>>
>>52908052
So just imagine he's playing a high Int lorekeeper type character with advanced dementia. Problem solved.
>>
>>52911249
>has been replaced by worship of the emperor because of the Ecclesiarchy and the Inquisition.
So no Human would dare to not worship the Emperor? Then how to Chaos Cults get started?
>Having a human that knows and follows the original vision of the Emperor after 10000 years of it getting bastardized into the Imperial Creed and entering the Inquisition without someone finding out isn't that farfetched
How about there is a group of "conspiracy theorists" that share the Emperors original plan.
They were created after the Fall by the Iterators.
>>
I have incredible long term memory and bisual memory.
But I can't remember a single specific thing 10 min back, unless it's obviuos shit like if I ate something or took a shit.
Especially not things that somebody has told me, can't remember names at all.
>>
>>52908052

> Have a passing curiousity in LARP
> Decide to go to the local college LARP
> Guy in charge is decent and introduces me to everyone before the session starts, tells everyone that I'll be observing, not part of the game, ignore me
> Pretty basic LARPing going on with all the cringe stuff, it was basically DnD the LARP with guild politics
> I wander around happy
> That Guy follows me around
> Neckbeard fatass with a Buster Sword
> I enter a room to see what's going on, LARP stuff, turn around to leave
> That Guy blocks the door
> Belligerently acts in character, refuses to let me leave without paying him
> Continues to refuse to let me leave, other players in the room are giggling at me like this is top form comedy
> My confusion levels are high, im stuck in a room by a neckbeard who is clearly on a power trip
> Did I mention that these people had good hygene and wore clean clothes? No, I didn't
> He is much bigger than me so I can't force my way out
> Finally he leaves after being called away
> Leave and never go back
>>
>>52911384
So one of them exists in the other side of the galaxy and joined the Inquisition without anyone finding out? This is getting more farfetched by the minute.
>>
>>52911458
why would it be farfetched? The Inquisition is not omniscient there are several chaos cultists groups on several loyalist planets active and worshiping chaos undetected. So why is it so hard to believe that there is one Atheist group that were created by one of the Iterators
>>
>>52911384
>how about
How about half-eldar space marines if we're just going to make shit up?
The inquisition purges chaos you troglodyte, they are defined by their fanaticism for the imperial creed.
>>
>>52911450
>> Have a passing curiousity in LARP
Well there’s your problem right there.
>>
>>52911450

All I'm reading is that you can't take a little hazing.
>>
>>52910801
The only way I could have seen that working was if he was supposed to be a hidden chaos cultist, but I'm guessing he was just retarded since he died from it.
>>
>>52908987
new Bill Nye show has an episode about that
>>
>>52911384
Even if there was a group of antitheists, which is still kind of stupid since the emperor is basically a god, and the chaos gods do exist, any Inquisitor who learned what they were doing would kill them. Or get the GK to kill them.
As much as people like to meme about it, being an inquisitor is not a free pass for actual heresy.
>>
File: weightlifterlifter.jpg (880KB, 1536x2312px) Image search: [Google]
weightlifterlifter.jpg
880KB, 1536x2312px
>>52908052
>player has exceptionally weak muscles
>can't bench 150
>decides to play High Str Barbarian kind of character
>doesn't have a war face and gets intimidated when people show him theirs
>all his attacks miss and halt the progression of the game
>the GM is at the point of hijacking his character whenever he makes an attack roll on the monsters
>refuses to play a different character
>from the next game onward, he always arrives with a snickers bar
>>
>>52911675
AND? That still does not prevent such a group from existing in the 40k lore.
>>
>>52911732
Fanfic retards like you are why everyone allows only strictly canon-grounded backstories.
>>
>>52911732
>>52911675
>atheist
>being a chaos cultist, ie one worshipping the chaos gods

yeah nah he's just a cunt
>>
>>52911732
Anon, just because something CAN exist doesn't mean it wouldn't be stupid as shit.
>>
File: 1491268908686.png (164KB, 409x325px) Image search: [Google]
1491268908686.png
164KB, 409x325px
>>52908052
>GM: "We're using only the core rulebook and books A, B, and C."
>That Guy: "But the build I want to use that I looked up on an optimization forum uses Books F, Q, G, and L"
>GM: "No"
>That Guy: (autistic screeching)
>>
>>52911845
Explain to me why it would be stupid as shit.
>>
File: tyrone laffin.jpg (30KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
tyrone laffin.jpg
30KB, 620x670px
>>52911721
>being a lazy asshole is the same as not being like your character
>missing an attack is the same as passing a lore check and then saying something completely wrong
>having a lore guy that remembers everything told to him OoC is the same like an out of shape guy playing a strong character

>being that much of a contrarian for the sake of being contrarian
>>
>>52911887
>Here is my Original Faction (donot steal) that follows the original creed of the emperor that survived for years and years and never got found and they are defacing churches and I want to play as one of them

Nope, nothing stupid here.
>>
File: 1492841947196.jpg (153KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492841947196.jpg
153KB, 700x700px
>>52908371
>I'm supposed to know they're important?
They're notes. They're all important. If it wasn't important, nobody would have been recorded in the first place. The very nature of them being notes inherently means that they are noteworthy.
>>
>>52911887
While the inquisition isn't omniscient, a group running around defacing churches and destroying relics (which often have actual, measurable powers), would be purged.
I'm all for originality but you have to remain in the context of the in-game universe and the Imperium as a whole is pretty defined by their devotion.
>>
>>52911887
>chaos cults believe and worship chaos gods
>emperor's cult believes in and worships the emperor, and stamps out all forms of belief that isn't compatible
The idea of an atheist in 40k itself isn't dumb, but trying to play an atheist without providing a reasonable backstory IS dumb.

I can think of one right off the top of my head; he believes in the greater good and is a tau xeno sympathiser, but it's really dumb for someone who's smart enough to circumvent the inquisition's questioning ability to be sneaking out to burn down churches. He'd have to be at least somewhat useful to avoid summary execution.

As such, without any other information going, I'm just going to say the guy's an ass.
>>
>>52912036
>>52911818
I would just like to point out that this character isn't atheist but an antitheist. So he doesn't not-believe, he actively refutes the existence of gods in the setting.
>>
>>52908371
If you're playing a lorekeeper; aren't you supposed to know all the exposition stuff?
>>
File: pepe rare.png (821KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rare.png
821KB, 707x1000px
>>52908052
>that one player who always try to push his character as the protagonist/de facto leader/spotlight hog in every game

He's not succeeded once and always gets upset when the rest of the group sandbags his attempts.
>>
>>52911996
You do know that there are a lot of planets in the Imperium where no Inquisitor or Space Marine has ever set a foot on it.
>refutes the existence of gods in the setting
Which was the Imperial Truth
>>
>>52912181
I have had so many of these fucking players, and it seems like the majority of them are big fans of shounen anime. It's like they see their character as the big strong hero who can defeat any enemy by just being stronger or shouting loudly enough, and they see the rest of the party as their supporting cast whose entire purpose is to stand on a nearby cliff and grunt and comment on how strong he is.
>>
>>52911384
I can't be bothered to look for sources, but I'm pretty sure that the Eccelsiarchy rejected Emprah's Imperial Truth, potentially even considers it as a form of heresy.
>>
>>52912181
i feel like i do this sometimes. Sorry its not intentional it just seems like something to get things moving. unless they are doing it on purpose and being cunts in that case fuck em
>>
File: 1490203044855.png (142KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
1490203044855.png
142KB, 434x434px
>That Guy who tries to be "lel randumb XD" because they think its funny
>That player that gets butthurt OoC because of things that happen to their character
I always have at least one in every game I play. Fucking kill me.
>>
>>52912193
The imperial truth got replaced by the Imperial Creed. Shortly after Big E was placed on the throne.
>>
>>52908542
>"I roll Knowledge (Arcane)"

triggered

You ask your DM if you know the symbol, and he'll say whether you do or what kind of roll to make.
>>
>>52912181
>tfw every character I play ends up turning into the party leader even though I'm not assertive and mumble all the time in real life
>>
>>52912345
How does that even work?

>OK guys, listen. You know how the boss always said to worship no one and hold yourself and your fellow humans in the highest regard? How there are no gods, and that every one of you has to free your minds and realize your infinite potential? Yeah, forget all that and grovel in the dirt before him."
>>
>>52912560
6,000+ years of fanatical belief and purges. Same way Catholicism went into maximum overdrive during the middle ages. Early roman Christianity was very different.
>>
>>52911879
I can top that.

>GM: "We're using only the core rulebook and books A, B, and C."
>That Guy: "But the build I want to use that I looked up on an optimization forum uses Books F, Q, G, and L"
>GM: "No"
>That Guy: "Okay"
>That Guy proceeds to be passive-aggressive and whiny for the rest of the campaign, and the GM is somehow too socially inept to notice or too much of a pussy to do anything about it
>>
>>52912036
>he believes in the greater good and is a tau xeno sympathiser,
This only works if the game takes place in a very specific part of the galaxy.
>>
>>52911252
Is that really Paul? Looks more like Stallone.
>>
>>52912560
People love to believe stupid shit, and given a few generations without anything to reinforce the Imperial Truth, their various superstitions crystallized into the Imperial Cult.
>>
>>52910801

>Proceeds to pitch the same character, but as a Guardsman

I fucking HATE players that do this shit. Playing the same goddamn thing every time like making a new character is just respawning.
>>
>>52912560
There were Emperor-worshippers even when he was still around. After he was gone and everything went to shit it was even easier for such ideas to take root.
>>
>>52912397

I don't think players attempting to guess which roll they should make is a bad thing; it means they're thinking. If they argue with you about what kind of roll it should be, maybe.
>>
File: 1492617063909.jpg (282KB, 1079x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492617063909.jpg
282KB, 1079x720px
>>52911879
>tfw this was me

I just wanted to make a blaster mage my dude. Even with the optimized feats i was still doing comparable damage to the rest of the party and thats with spell slots.

Only instead of autistic screeching i just used standard wizard spells to invalidate the martials and the game dissolved

I feel no guilt
>>
>>52911890
Something just passed over your head
>>
>>52912795
...what about intentionally getting myself killed so I can play something different?
>>
>>52913017
>I feel no guilt.

Well you should.
>>
>>52913105
Even worse.
I once played a BC game with a slaanesh heretek (it was as bad as it sounds), and eventually he just got tired with his character and said that his character kill themselves.
In the middle of a mission.
For no reason.
And then the GM gave me shit when i called him out on his bullshit.
>>
>>52913017
>blaster mage
You should feel shame for not being more inventive. Generalist wizard is the best/most broken wizard there is. You're literally limited by your imagination, and how much your GM uses the Rule of Cool
>>
>>52913153
>slaanesh heretek
Well, to be fair. That is the sort of thing a Slaaneshi might do when they get bored of life. Seek thrills as a warp entity.
>>
>>52908371
>Player "It's GMs job to do everything for me" entitlement
>Too lazy to put any of the footwork himself
Jesus Christ you need to be kicked from every game every.
>>
File: 1467258989900.jpg (246KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467258989900.jpg
246KB, 400x800px
>>52913162
I wasnt trying to powergame. I know blaster mages are weak. Thats why i was playing one. Once i got denied i played the broken generalist wizard and it made the martials feel like shit(lmao pathfinder) so the game dissolved.

Should have just let me thrown my fuckin' fireballs.
>>
>>52908085
Are your retarded, anon? Like, you know that isn't the same in any real way right? C'mon man
>>
File: kevin sorbo giggles.gif (2MB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
kevin sorbo giggles.gif
2MB, 400x285px
>>52912708
>>
>3.PF
>one player loves milk and will drink a half gallon during the first half of the game
>milk makes him sleepy so he sleeps through the second half of the game

Good guy but terrible player
>>
>>52908085
"Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus. Just like me."
>>
>>52913017
>destroying an entire campaign out of spite because you didn't get what you want
Sounds like autistic screeching to me.
>>
File: c38 (1).png (74KB, 299x222px) Image search: [Google]
c38 (1).png
74KB, 299x222px
>>52913295
Okay that's definitely Arnold! Why are you trying to decieve me!
>>
File: adam jensen.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
adam jensen.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>52913421
>>
>>52912397

>[citation needed]
>>
>>52913461
Number 1: dat's terror.
Number 2: dat's terror.
>>
>>52913503
>>
File: 1484870274983.jpg (29KB, 345x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484870274983.jpg
29KB, 345x281px
>>52913461
>filename
>>
>>52908987
>pain injections,

I've heard about those, my mom had them after she got promoted.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>52913515
Pikachu, I choose you!
>>
File: 1456250020711.jpg (30KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1456250020711.jpg
30KB, 500x332px
>>52913416
>playing a wizard with their core spells is destroying an entire campaign

Guess im devillish.
>>
>>52911421
>bisual memory.
Anon, just 'cos you remember the pictures of animoos that you spanked the tuberat to, doesn't mean you have great memory. It just means you're a dedicated hedonist.
>>
File: John Cusack havin' a giggle.gif (2MB, 332x215px) Image search: [Google]
John Cusack havin' a giggle.gif
2MB, 332x215px
>>52913521
>>52913588
>>
>>52913592
You outright admitted to optimizing your wizard as far as possible with the intent of ruining everyone else's fun to kill their game. How is that not destroying a campaign?
>>
>>52913635
Anon, he said he played a standard controller wizard, and you are the one adding a lot of things that wasn't said.
>>
>>52913667
Then why did the game dissolve?
I mean I get that D&D is just a horrible game but still, playing "normally" shouldn't just dissolve a game even with the imbalance.
>>
>>52913635
Uhh what? It's not optimizing it's flavoring since he didn't power game and where are you even getting the intentions from? Not that guy but dayum you salty
>>
>>52913704
>since he didn't power game
He LITERALLY SAID
>to invalidate the martials and the game dissolved
>>
>>52913690
Lots of possible reasons you dick. Sometimes groups just lose interest or have shitty schedules or planning skills
>>
>>52913635
I optimized blaster wizard, you know, the shittiest wizard you can make?

The DM wasnt having that because he though me doing comparable damage to martial beat sticks was OP.

So i played the regular wizard and the martials got bored because of it so the game dissolved because it was just me and the CoDzilla having fun.

>>52913690
The core pathfinder book is hilarious favored to casters. The other books actually help a lot with bringing the scale down(or the martials up at least) but the GM wasnt having any of that because "muh core rules"
>>
>>52913690
>Then why did the game dissolve?
Because most DMs are not prepared to deal with a intelligently played caster.
You don't need to be playing an abrupt jaunt multiclassing prestiged monstrosity to have the answer to most things, nor do you need to read minds (although you can do that too).
>>
>>52908891
>>52908910
>>52908987
I am sincerely worried about your friend, and hope she gets the help she needs.
>>
>>52913726
So you're blaming the game dissolving on the martials now?
>>
>>52913757
I dont blame them for anything. Im merely stating that they left and the game died with them.
>>
>>52913804
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now, then. Perhaps I only acted so hostile because of your wording, it may have gone down differently than what was implied.
>>
>>52913757
When the big 5 casters play to their strengths, everyone else falls behind.
The difference is that the DM didn't know how to modulate the game to attempt to challenge them.
>>
>>52911890
You just bit the bait, pal. You must be new around here.
>>
File: 1492962350163.jpg (40KB, 455x368px) Image search: [Google]
1492962350163.jpg
40KB, 455x368px
>>52913826
Ill even meet you halfway here and say i was probably still "that guy"

I just got a lot of vindictive pleasure from the GM veto-ing a perfectly fine build under the pretense of balance and then showing him just how poor the balance really is even within the core books.

To be perfectly honest i worry a lot about being a game ruining munchkin

Im playing 5E now and its honestly a relief, the more barebones system really alleviates my compulsion to minmax
>>
File: SWE11-Gank_Final.png (196KB, 325x497px) Image search: [Google]
SWE11-Gank_Final.png
196KB, 325x497px
>Playing AoR
> Guy playing a heavy always is claiming that he just like rolling lots of dice doesn't care if they are good or bad dice.
> Pulled a fast one on the gm to get a shit-ton of credits, uses most of it to munchkin-out his character.
> Next session proceeds to act like a 3.PF "optimized" character might.
> Learns a harsh lesson that FFG Star Wars "broken builds" aren't as powerful as they are in other systems.
>Suddenly is complaining about the difficulty and setback dice he has to roll for things and doing shit that risks damaging party equipment in ill-conceived and has a hilariously low chance of success, probably to prove some kind of point.
> Next session, stays on the ship and halfway through the session tries to abandon the party with their only ship, GM wouldn't let him on the grounds that the ship's NPC crew mutinied against him. strangely they had issue with just leaving while 3/4 of the command crew were still on the ground, go figure
> Quits the game shortly after that.
> No one at the table (except the GM) was upset by this.

pic related as that guys PC was a Gank.
>>
File: 1489345403535.png (12KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1489345403535.png
12KB, 500x294px
>>52908371
Gr8 B8 M8 8/8
>>
>>52910801
Quick rundown for me cause I'm out of the loop why is Dark Heresy on Roll 20 a bad start?
>>
File: 1465501281979.png (2MB, 1818x4127px) Image search: [Google]
1465501281979.png
2MB, 1818x4127px
>>52914086
Its not dark heresy so much as it is roll20
>>
>>52914086
Probably just a comment based on how roll20 has a track record for flaky groups at best, if you're using it to find one. My friends and I play over it, but we're also scattered throughout the country right now, otherwise we'd do it in person.
>>
>>52913352
Are you playing with literal babies?
>>
>>52908052

Robert?
>>
>>52908987

She sounds depressed. Maybe she should see a psychologist.
>>
>>52913251
You should've just not been a cunt.
>>
>>52911601
Are you actually retarded? No one with an ounce of self respect would willing humiliate themselves in order to spend time with autists like that.
>>
File: 1493056801192.jpg (141KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493056801192.jpg
141KB, 600x450px
>>52908052

>Our board game group wants to play some sort of roleplaying game.
>We haven't really touched roleplaying games at all. We mostly play Warhammer 40K board games or something akin to that.
>The friend which home we usually play is a huge board game enthusiast and if we are playing a roleplaying game, he wants to dm or we aren't playing anything at all.
>So we get the stalker roleplaying game
>The lazy friend still hasn't read the rulebook.
>It's almost about year since we bought it.
>mfw
>>
>>52913251

>I can't have fun, so i'll ruin EVERYONES fun

What a little bitch.
>>
>>52914126
>dat pic
What is this cancer?
>>
>>52914582
Is that shit actually real?
>>
>>52914348
beat me to it
>>
>>52914126
With the first one I thought its just the DM making fun introducing himself but because he doesn't have a pc to play he filled in uther garbage in a humour atempt.
But then the rest fuck what is that shit I'm never going to roll20.
>>
>>52913948
Is the guy in this story really a that guy?
Or is this more of a "That GM" story?
>>
>>52915331
>player tries to cheese
>gets BTFO
>player gets butthurt and tries to derail the game to ruin everyone's fun
>DM rules an IC reason his derailing fails
>spergs out
Nope, sounds like a shitty player to me.
>>
>>52914348

How was he humiliated?

Seems more like a poor attempt at a joke by the Larper that felt flat than trying to humiliate him.

Like, I'm not blaming him for not wanting to stay, I'm saying it's a really ow tolerance for annoyance.
>>
>>52915437
Low tolerance*
>>
>>52908910
She is On ALL THE HEROIN.
>>
>>52915437
First impressions count for a lot. If the first time I meet someone they act like an asshat, then I will assume they're an asshat. I'm not gonna to come back to subject myself to more asshattery.
>>
>>52909022
>>52911976
>>52912095
>>52913185
I'm disappointed in all of you
>>
>>52912992
I had players asking me to roll lockpicking on open doors. Knowledge rolls on a children drawing. Perception to locate things in front of them in an open space. Knowledge rolls to locate their home and more shit like this.

The player asks about the environment or announce their actions, the GM answers what happens or ask for a roll if the outcome is uncertain.
>>
I wouldn't call him That Guy just yet but

>Recruit new players for a Fantasy Craft campaign I'm going to be running
>They all say they've played roleplaying games before, and have experience with 3.5e/PF if not FC, which are close enough for a base reference
>Fast-forward a month and a half and one player still hasn't cracked open the rulebook
>Refuses to even look for the answers to his own questions like what Sprawled or Prone conditions do
>Has no idea what his own character can do, or what his abilities even do
>Doesn't know what Base Attack Bonus does or what a Skill Point is.

It's gotten to the point where if he has a question for me, I tell him to look at his sheet or check the book for an answer for his questions and leave it at that.
>>
>>52910801
I'm not a boardgame expert but what is wrong exactly with the d20 system?
I only ever played D&D years ago and it didn't feel wrong.
>>
>>52916555
I think he's referring to Roll20 which is a way to play ttrpg's online. Not being face to face with the people you are playing with can be bad sometimes.
>>
File: Surprise.jpg (31KB, 273x273px) Image search: [Google]
Surprise.jpg
31KB, 273x273px
>Player always tries to press his position as leader of the group
>Thinks himself as highly charismatic and savvy
>He's neither
>Always uses bullshit backgroud stories to justify his PC knowing things he doesn't have the skills to know
>If something he tries doesn't work, immediately discard it as being ineffectual
>If another does the same thing and it works, he immediately takes all the glory for giving him the idea
>Thinks himself as a master strategist and great tactician
>Is neither
>Even when we lose horribly, he tells the tale f how we would've lost even more horribly if not for his acyions
>Even whe all he does is summon a few skeletons to kill a couple goblins after their Ogre master already beat the shit out of us
>Gets incredibly whiny when things don't go his way, or when he thinks the challenge is too difficult, without asking anything and having no informations whatsoever

Seriously he insisted that a monster we encountered was too strong even when the GM repeatedly told him it's not what he thinks he is, just because he can't fathom himself being wrong or people thinking things differently than him
>>
>>52908069
>when you realize the coffee is scalding hot but it's too late
>>
File: 1486470749401.jpg (25KB, 409x334px) Image search: [Google]
1486470749401.jpg
25KB, 409x334px
>playing what is basically Buffy the spooky slayer on campus
>we catch as powerful undead in a chest
>as the teams bruiser i hold on to it to make sure it isnt stolen
>zombies break into my dorm and try to steal the chest
>fight them off
>we need to kil this thing
>guy we know has a ritual to destroy the undead
>cool
>it involves animal sacrifice
>one person for it
>"that guy" strongly against it
>the other two players and myself reason that the sacrifice of one sheep (bought from a butcher) was worth destroying this evil
>that guy absolutely refuses
>tries to run off with lamb
>shit ton of zombies show up
>that guy tells me to grab the box and bring it to his car
>i have two choices
>do what he says and abandon my friends to fight zombies alone (they all run nerd skill monkeys with no combat powers)
>or do what i made my character to do
>run back and stand between my friends and the army of death
>shitshow ensues
>drop about half of the undead myself including boss zombie
>eventually get ganged up on and go down
>that guy comes back with car and we escape
>during the entire thing that guy was throwing a fit about how no one listened to him and was making snide ass comments during everyones turn
was i in the wrong? was he that guy?
im not mad that he went against the rest of the party and probably got me killed
im mad that he was being rude to everyone else for for sticking with their own plan instead of going with his
>>
File: Das Stoopid.png (287KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
Das Stoopid.png
287KB, 540x489px
>>52917323
Did you think it was over?

>Thinks himself the great 3.PF optimizer
>He can't build a good character to save his life
>If some class or archetype didn't do well when he tried it, it is trash, no exceptions
>This is the same guy who playig a special race/warrior archetype managed to get out-HP'd and out-fought by the party's social rogue
>Whenever tries to argue about classes, he immediatley brings up the wizard and how he can easily best whatever martial class is brought about
>Usually comparing a lvl.1 character of said class against a wizard of whatever level he needs to be to have the exact right spells to shit on that particular character

And now, let's talk on how he GMs
> Thinks himself as a great storyteller, able to freak our minds like some kind of fat idiot chris angel
>Puts players in excapable situation, get's pissed when things don't go as he wants and is forced to use his imagination
>Every single NPC met by the party is an all-powerful being that does nothing but talk shit of us and boss us aroud under some kind of threat
>Did i mention most of said all-powerful beings are his own PCs of other campaigns?
>Tries his cringeworthy best to sound intimidating and dapper, but all he sound is a pedantic manchild using his godly powers to direct the players where he wants
>Does not bother to learn even basic rules, eventually just winging it in important aspects like combat and social rolls and making the game completely unbalanced
>Makes us face utterly monstrous eldritch horrors we have literally no hope to overcome
>Just to immediatley nerf it when he sees that a fucking Terrorgheist is not smething you put against a 1st career party
>Forces his GF (god have mercy on her) toplay his stupid games
>"optimizes" her character for her, without bothering to explain anything about the game, lore or rules
I'm also pretty sure he abuses her badly, on a psychological level, but that ain't my problem
>>
>>52917323
>tfw trying to be my partys leader
>been in the dm's game longer than anyone else
>always let other players do their thing my character is based around healing and buffs with a bit of crowd control
>use these powers to make other players awesome
>barbarian shows up
>people instantly start treating him like the leader
>tfw im a halfling so this would probably happen irl
>>
>>52908052
Player aint the character and vice vs, seems fine.
>>
>>52917689
>>52917575
These both sound like cunts. Why even play with them?
>>
>>52913948
>that guys PC was a Gank
not surprised, Ganks and Droids are the two most popular races for power gamers.
>>
File: dolphin1.png (263KB, 562x353px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin1.png
263KB, 562x353px
>>52917796
>get upstaged by Chad even in a pretend world
Fucking kek.
>>
>>52917849
>vice vs
Vice versa

And, as discussed in this thread, the problem isn't that he doesn't match his character, it's that he doesn't even try to play his own character properly, and refuses help when given it
>>
File: Fuck.jpg (11KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.jpg
11KB, 200x267px
>>52917689

Continued
>Gets incredibly pissy and accuses us of not being inventive when we always use the same tactic
>Says our mages are boring when they use the same spell over and over because that spell is the only remotely useful thing they can use in the situations he puts us throught
>Loses everyone's time trying to "chat" while actually all he does is complaining about his problems and brag about some shit he did in a game like 10 years ago
>God forbid you to ever make a jest or a tongue-in-cheek remark about him, because his skin is ricepaper-thin, despite all that fat
>constantly bends rules to his gain, never let GMs explain anything, imemdiately makes assumptions about things hi PC can't possibly know

Too bad he's my GF's old friend otherwise i would've already cut all contacts with him

here's some good shit:

>Playing Hunter: The Reckoning
>Just with the basic rules, the lore is made up just for fun by the GM (we do this shit a lot)
>He's playing some kind of Redeemer,or maybe a Judge
>Party is moving thorugh this kind of post-apocalypse land in California
>Lore is, an ages old and immensely powerful supernatural creature called a Titan died, and when a Titan dies, the world is wrecked by some catastrophic climatic changes
>Party moves in this land, and eventually finds a trio of people
>These people are supernatural, and start transforming
>GM: "lanky arms covered in blood, feet like black stumps, heads like moose skulls with giant antlers, they're Wendigos"
>That guy: "oh shit werewolves, well it's been fun, we're dead"
>wait wat
>"You said they're wendigos, so they're werewolves"
>"No, they're wendigos, i described them"
>"Wendigos are a tribe of werewolves"
>"Bitch do werewolves have antlers?"
Took about 20 minutes to convince him that the moose headed, feet stumped, ice covered monsters were not werewolves
>>
>>52917689
OMG! this asshole sounds just like an antagonist I created for my Star Wars game!
>>
>>52917949
>correcting colloquialisms
>>
File: 1459858458464.png (607KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
1459858458464.png
607KB, 900x582px
>>52917689
>>Did i mention most of said all-powerful beings are his own PCs of other campaigns?
>>
>>52917892
I don't anymore, but i can't cut all contacts because he's a friend of my GF

That kind of friend that you don't really like anymore but you know hims frm so long you don't have the heart to tell him to fuck off

Honesly, he doesn't bother me as much as it seems i just don't think about him or his games, most of the time
>>
>>52914126
>"horrible things :D"
Fucking jesus christ
I play roll20, joined a random game for D&D, was a pretty good campaign. fell apart after a bit due to all the players being in different timezones. Did see a couple cringy applications though. Mostly a fuckwad teifling sorcerer who submitted his char in like 10 diff games. As long as you are thorough its a great way to join a game or find players.
>>
>>52918038
I am mildly confused by that image
>>
>>52910570
>>52913748
I'm worried about her too and she's on antidepressants. But until she admits there is a problem that she wants help for there's nothing we can do for her. I think as long as she is able to maintain this life the way it is, she will maintain this attitude. Her family won't be able to take care of her since her parents are old (she herself is almost 42) and ailing. I hate passive aggressive bullshit but I feel like moving our gaming location where she will not be able to get away with some of the laziness might at least improve our gaming sessions for now.
>>
>>52918001
why dont you just let him be stupid and suffer the consequences?
>they're werewolfs!
>okay you go look for silver we'll be here fighting them off
>dont worry dude werewolfs dont drop loot or exp
>>
>>52918281
Because that was an OoC thought he had no reason to have.

I'm all about letting stupid people be stupid, but a PC with 3 points in Occult should know the difference between a Wendigo and a Werewolf
>>
>>52918001
I once knew a guy who did something similar, though in the context of a writing class and not tabletop.

This kind of guy who's just criticizing some chick's story because the dragons in it weren't like "actual dragons". He had this premade idea in his head of what a dragon IS and what a dragon ISN'T, down to the fucking biology, and was "educating" her on how dragons "actually" behaved and looked.

It's like if one of those "depends on the setting" threads grew flesh and tried to masquerade as a friendless student.
>>
>>52918372
treat his character like he has downs syndrome and brag to npc's about how charitable you are for taking care of him
>>
>>52918001
>>52918006
Reminds me of that one guy from some greentext where he made an omniverse setting with himself as vampire-NEET-god and his players were like - interdimensional lore-enforcers? And he gave his DMPC massive intelligence despite knowing fuck all about any of the sciences.
>>
>>52912397
>rolling knowledge skills
>to see if you know something
>not just taking your passive knowledge score
>>
>>52918430
I remember that shit too, but i thought it was some kind of book he was trying to have publicised?
>>
>>52918632
FOUND IT

"The SUE System"

http://irolledazero.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-sue-system-setting-underlying.html
>>
>>52912181
I admit I usually try to push my character into being the leader of the party given that the rest of the group is our forever GM, a girl who is extremely indecisive and freezes up as a result. Which is a shame because because she typically has great ideas but her inability to decide causes her to not express them, she is getting better at that though thanks to a small game a mutual friend runs. The next player being an extremely shy social awkward girl who prefers taking up a support role anyways. Then the other girl, who can hardly remember the rules despite being regularly reminded and having things on her sheet in front of her, I honestly think she has a learning disability. Only the first of the three is even remotely fit to lead anything.
>>
>>52908371
Please be bait
>>
File: Bait.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>52908371
>>
File: 1422948532453.jpg (111KB, 533x496px) Image search: [Google]
1422948532453.jpg
111KB, 533x496px
>>52918038

Is he pooping?
>>
>be playing 5e
>have That Guy in group
>the kind of That Guy who does shit similar to >>52917323
>slightly worse though, if you disagree with him you're somehow the bad guy
>That Guy hangs out a lot with the DM in off time
>starts getting more and more bullshit heaped on him
>during game tries to make pseudo-intellectual comments about shit he doesn't know anything about
>me and other player know enough about some to cut him down to size
>always ends with something to effect of "oh i was thinking of something else"
>That Guy is also one of those autistic fucking faggots who "has another personality" and although male "still gets craps monthly"

I haven't been in the game for a few months because lolarmy, and my first session back is going to be this weekend. Save me from this hell.
>>
File: 1438131841722.jpg (81KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
1438131841722.jpg
81KB, 640x476px
>>52908052
>That guy
>Always plays stupid slutty sorceresses
>Only ever wakes up when its his turn
>Gets drunk, can't handle his alcohol
>Turns on TV on mute
>Never pays attention
>Falls asleep when not distracted by something.
>ONLY ONE WILLING TO HOST GAMES IN TOO SMALL APARTMENT

Every classic That Guyism ticked off. Before anyone says anything, we don't play with that guy. We just don't play.
>>
>>52917912
Why? Neither of them are even that good.
>>
>>52919630
>>52917912
what the hell is a Gank
>>
>>52915653
For not being an ADHD child who needs a whole "here comes the airplane open wide" tier ceremony every time they're handed notes? Or for not picking up on sarcasm over plain text on the internet.
>>
>>52919826
Mysterious humanoid race that have a hard on for being cyborgs. The more prestigious a Gank, the more cybernetics and vice versa. Also they tend to be pretty cold and gravitate towards violent careers.
>>
>>52919947
why the hell didn't i ever hear of this shit. I thought i was knowledgeble on Star wars
>>
File: 1438229823705.png (120KB, 285x411px) Image search: [Google]
1438229823705.png
120KB, 285x411px
>>52919474

>craps monthly
>>
>>52919474
>still get craps monthly
Are you trying to say that there are men who have pretend-menstruations?
Who the hell would say shit like that, from where I'm from it would basically be social suicide.
>>
>>52920050
They could also be pre-op female-to-male or something, I suppose
>>
>>52920233
He's not.
>>
File: wat.jpg (53KB, 340x350px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
53KB, 340x350px
>>52918038
the empty sideboard is making him angry?
>>
>>52920311
Well, that was the only possible valid reason I could come up with, guess he's just pathetic then.
>>
>>52920412
>>52919444
>>52918102
It's an edited version of the actual comic.

He left his soda on the counter.
>>
>>52914579
>>52914210
You're retarded. All he did was play normal dnd. He did the thing you should do and that ended up being more broken because dnd. Unless you just disallow wizards at your table . Dipshits.
>>
>>52910801
>GM didn't have a daemon approach this man and offer a pact of power since he's committed so many vile deeds already

Missed opportunities. The moment the player starts off on his autistic tirades he bitch slaps himself for tangentially insulting his new friends patron.
>>
>>52920430
He is. He even looks the part, one of those skinny, jew fro, faggy looking people. The kind that a stiff breeze would leave torn and broken.
>>
>>52920693
I remember being more like that when I was like 16, when I got tall and before I filled it out. Even then I knew better than to rock the jewfro though, that's just unfortunate.
>>
>>52920753
This dude is like mid-20s. I don't know his exact age nor do I really care to.
>>
>>52920817
Well, sounds like there's nothing left to do but bring tampons and throw them at him if he starts being weird.
>>
>>52913352
>GMing a game for a bunch of guys
>Most players are first timers
>One guy who DMs D&D himself was really excited about the game
>We all drink beer throughout the sessions
>He passes out or is out of touch by the last third of the game every session
>Everyone else has to remind him what's going on

Isn't that much of a problem really, because the others mostly carry through with him just tagging along, but it does fuck with the flow a lot.
>>
>>52913926
Teach me senp-anon how do you resist the warlock dips when you play a wild magic sorcerer??
>>
A story of two that guys

>5e, playing with some tangential friends
>one that guy is uncooperative and selfish
>other that guy is self-affirmed party face and "leader" despite having only a few sessions of 5e experience prior to this game and no roleplaying personality at all
>party is exploring caves and fighting shit
>find gnolls
>decides to ignore a short rest the party is doing to go wandering off into the caves after some gnolls
>party finds him later on down the caves initiating a fight by himself
>guy is playing a sorceror. first time. has no idea how his spells work
>casts fog cloud
>rest of us catch up and start fighting
>fog cloud is fucking us over
>enemies are hitting us like crazy through the fog
>"leader" that guy asks sorceror to call off fog cloud so that the fight can continue
>fog cloud is apparently sorceror that guy's signature spell or something and the sorceror refuses and says something snide like "not for you"
>"leader" that guy rolls to attack sorceror in bid to break concetration
>session spirals downhill
>sorceror that guy is played by female-to-male trans and is about as oversensitive as that implies
>GM goes after sorceror that just up and left the table without a word
>session is paused for about an hour while GM massages the hurt ego of the sorceror

It's just so silly...
>>
>>52920865
Stealing this idea.
>>
>>52908371
>I'm supposed to know they're important?

The DM took the time to write out and hand you a prop. Of course it's important.
>>
>>52921338
Why not just let those people go, clearly they aren't a good fit.
>>
>>52921338
>literally making a fart wizard
Jesus Delacruz
>>
>>52908891
>but even before the pain she had guests empty the trash for her, clean up after her animals for her, bring her food and drink, cook for her and so on.

B E T A
E
T
A
>>
>>52921518

Gm is non-confrontational and the sorcerer is his brother. The spirit of "whatever, we're tolerant" just make them all ignore what's going on and bottle the shit up. A stern conversation is the best there has been in terms of punishment.
>>
>>52912560
>You know how the boss always said to worship no one and hold yourself and your fellow humans in the highest regard? How there are no gods, and that every one of you has to free your minds and realize your infinite potential?

>HERESY! THE IMMORTAL GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND WOULD NEVER TELL SUCH LIES! *BLAM*

Humans in 40k are alive 10k years after the Emperor got sucker punched by Horus. The only people who know anything about what the Emperor's true views on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are, are the primarchs and millenia-old chaos space marines who are only alive through warp fuckery.
>>
>>52912077
> there's physical, ACTUAL proof of Gods in the setting
> All the Chaos Gods
> Gork and Mork
> The pantheon of Eldar Gods
> I guess the Emperor
> 'yeah nah gods aren't real haha'
So he's literally retarded, then? That's like being punched in the face and then saying the fist wasn't real.
>>
>>52912560
"Shortly" in the 40K setting can be thousands of years. There's no Emperor anymore saying "Don't worship", and daemons are becoming more and more (comparatively) common knowledge, with people like Keeler performing legitimate God-like miracles, forcing back daemons with nothing but faith.

It wouldn't take too long for people to start worshipping, regardless of the Imperial Truth. Hell, that was the Word Bearer's entire thing.
>>
File: increasing discomfort.gif (2MB, 291x244px) Image search: [Google]
increasing discomfort.gif
2MB, 291x244px
>DMing for first time because usual DM is busy with life
>Friend group and I don't take the game too seriously. Other friend wants to try DnD.
>Help him roll a Halfling Monk and explain all the rules to him
>Halfling Monk believes in absolute law and justice
>Worried that he'll just murderhobo because "my justice"
>PCs all get to the a village to get their first quest
>Village Chief welcomes them.
>Halfling Monk immediately attacks him
>8 guards come out, Halfling Monk asks the PCs for help.
>They help. Chief gives them multiple chances to surrender and let bygones be.
>They keep attacking. Eventually knock them all out and cut the Halfing Monk in half vertically, killing him.
>>
>>52922157
What was his justification for attacking?
>>
>>52922196
Him: "I punch the village chief."
Me: "I mean that's fine, but that's not exactly lawful or just."
Him: "It is to me."

I revived him and the party later on, and he reigned himself in.
Until the following session anyway.
>>
>>52922255
Alignment change him

He's fucking chaotic, not lawful. What sort of fucking justification is that?

that'd be like a paladin doing thing

"I bite the orphan in the throat and devour his flesh"
"Alriiiight? but you're playing a paladin, that is the exact opposite of a good action"
"Says you"

He's a fuck
>>
>that guy who tries to belittle and insult other characters to make his look good

Really shakes up my jammies.
>>
>>52922291
It was his first session so I wasn't completely pissed. As a light punishment when he was revived his body was mended unevenly and it lowered his base speed and DEX.

For the most part he was pretty tame until a mutual friend of ours joined as a Ranger.

In retrospect it's kind of a funny story so I'll post that in a bit.
>>
>>52922157
>>52922369
>Party is revived and placed in a jail cell.
>Halfling Monk has been mended unevenly, making one half of his body a bit higher than the other.
>Chief explains that they fucked up, but will release them if they solve their monster problem and never return.
>They agree to this and set off to find the source of the monsters.
>Halfling Monk plays the game without hobo-ing it and eventually reach a trap filled dungeon.
>Mutual friend has joined in as a Ranger.
>Halfling Monk tells me that that Ranger is actually his brother and is seeking revenge against him.
>Realize Halfling Monk didn't actually have a real background and is now trying to force our friend into his story.
>Friend playing the ranger is 3 hours ahead of us and it's getting real late where he is.
>Ranger gets hit by a trap and needs to make death saving throws. Nails all 3.
>Halfling Monk getting closer to Ranger and is intent on killing him.
>Ranger goes and kills himself so he can go to bed IRL and not be killed by Monk.
>>
File: 1492245942861.jpg (90KB, 553x779px) Image search: [Google]
1492245942861.jpg
90KB, 553x779px
>>52908052

>Player gives his characters all kinds of personality quirks that put said characters at odds with whatever party they're in
>Says it'll be okay, he just wants the roleplay experience
>Complains and whines every time someone reacts negatively to something he does or gets entirely too passive-aggressive about it (If such a thing is even possible)
>Has refused to attend every session 0 we've done and never tries for party comp

He reminds me of Overwatch. Infuriating but the memories of the good times keeps pulling me back.
>>
>>52918683
That's giving me a brain disease of some sort I'm sure of it
>>
File: dog ha.png (27KB, 441x230px) Image search: [Google]
dog ha.png
27KB, 441x230px
>>52922530
>Halfling Monk is upset and dejected that his "brother" has died and that he could not take revenge
>Friend playing a Half-Orc Monk offers to be his brother in a shitty attempt to comfort him
>Remember OrcMonk's CHA is low and think his lines were pretty funny.
>Halfling Player feels insulted by this attempt and attacks him
>Fight to the death ensues, both trading Flurry of Blows
>We're all laughing, though I'm getting worried they'll actually kill each other.
>Both down to 2 HP, Halfling throws a punch and whiffs.
>OrcMonk pulls out his shortsword and attacks
>It's a crit.
>Laughter ensues, Halfling thinks I'll let it slide.
>I don't. OrcMonk beheads him.
>OrcMonk feels guilty and casts of his name in shame, taking on a new identity.

After that everything was fine. The Halfling player rolled a new character and didn't cause any trouble. I really enjoyed letting him die.
>>
File: latest[4].jpg (259KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest[4].jpg
259KB, 1024x768px
>Party needs to rob a gang hideout to obtain random plot item #11 from their loot stash.
>Case the place out
>Inquire with nearby locals
>Start developing a plan
>Plan involves everyone's non combat skills working together to perform a stealthy heist
>Except that one guy who specced entirely into combat.
>Asks what he gets to do
>He's told that he'll be on standby and if we fuck up he'll have to come in swinging.
>"But if you succeed I don't get to do anything"
>"That's boring anon you should integrate combat into your plan"
>mfw
>>
>>52915627
>Implying a single encounter can summarize a human being
>>
>>52922351
Oh Christ, those guys

>other PC is asked to perform an impossible task
>informs the party of the difficulty
>TG: "What are you a pussy? lol"
>Inevitably fails
>TG: "Stop being so useless and leave"
>this went of for years
>TG: "But it's what my character(s) would do!"
>>
>>52912560
>man things sure where great when the big E was still alive and kicking
>yeah he sure died for our sins , what a top notch guy
100 years later
>yeah he sure died for our sins , imma light a candle in his honour
100 years later
>thank you emperor for sacrificing yourself for us
100 years later
>man only a god would be that selfish
>but dude he said there are no gods
>well maybe he lied because humility and shiet
1000 years later
IMPERATOR AKBAR
>>
>>52921862
most space marines remember to actually
>>
File: heldar.jpg (256KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
heldar.jpg
256KB, 1024x768px
>>52911561
I..uh..have something to tell you about half-eldar space marines anon...
>>
>>52927441
>well maybe he lied because humility and shiet
Alternatively; well maybe there were no gods before him!
>>
>>52908052
>You previously thought this was a quirky personality trait that a single individual in your life had
>>
>>52912181
>tfw your party just sits on their asses and switch between randumb schemes and delivery boy missions if you don't actively pursue the plot
>tfw you just wanted to be a loyal sidekick fighter who comes along for the ride
>tfw no face
>>
File: Ronnie (21).jpg (170KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
Ronnie (21).jpg
170KB, 900x582px
>>52918038
>>52918102
>>52919444
>>52920412
This is the original.
>>
>>52927619
Half-eldar got squatted tho
>>
>>52915437
>Acts out of character
>Demands money
Yeah, just a prank bro.
>>
>>52920817
Taylor? If it is you, you're a shit DM. Fucking "leap of faith" my asshole.
>>
I only have a single that guy experience where it can entirely be attributed to that guy. Or as we called him. The fng.

>Battletech AToW
>We're a small scale merc crew, doing small scale merc things
>All of these things involve giant fusion powered robots
>Most of his starting money was spent on shotgun ammunition that would make the Geneva convention blush
>No like he literally had pallets of boxes of the stuff, quickly earning him the nickname of warcrimes kid
>He also had several addictions to pay for all of his character options, and for our starting 3 week trip, all of none of the supplies...
>Because he'd rather have another crate of white phosphorous shotgun slugs
>Tried to bum them off of everyone else, failing miserably because he was also an anti social mean cunt that never took off his body armor
>No especially not in the meeting with our prospective client, in a board room, in the middle of a city
>After realizing that acting on out of character knowledge of another pc's drug cache, and opting to not begin a campaign by losing an inter party conflict (and that busting a lock with a shotgun in a space ship was a fucking awful idea now that someone else thought of it for him)
>He opts to ingratiate the party to our new bosses by powering on all weapon subsystems...in their capital...right after we landed
>Another player immediately powers on their own, siding with the local pdf forces and demands he stands down.
He's sad at this point because this so could have been "just like an anime rivalry", when he realized just how shut down he's being
}Anyway to keep a long story vaguely short, after 4 months he never learned the mechanics, despite printing out the entire rulebook, spent sessions on fanfic. net, and tried (key word) to metagame really, really hard. Including the classic trying to be everywhere at the same time, especially if a conversation happened.
Me and another player regularly took bets on his actions.
>>
>>52928373
Oh, and reading this back I forgot about how in his backstory he (a survivor of childhood wartime trauma, having been brought on mercenary missions to burn worlds (not a thing) as an infant), burned a planet for seemingly no reason, only to kidnap (he said rescue) a mentally retarded girl. Whom despite being only 2 years his junior, was now his daughter, and fusion engine technician.

He got all of this out of the description of a really crippling dependent disadvantage. As in he chose the option whose examples were cripple and/or baby.

Anyway it turns out she was a character from that tank girl anime. Once he wasn't invited back, we pinned a 20 to her shirt and left her in a spaceport;.
>>
File: 1489844254341.jpg (41KB, 409x389px) Image search: [Google]
1489844254341.jpg
41KB, 409x389px
>>52913716
Not that man, but I'm pretty sure that's just the natural causation of playing a wizard in pathfinder; whether you want to or not.
>Want's to do straight up damage.
>Dm says "no. Stick to core spells."
>Wizards pick core spells.
Martial wants to trip someone because dynamic combat.
>The encounter ends because every single enemy is paralyzed/on the ground/asleep
The martial wants to rough someone up for information or bribe someone that knows.
>The encounter ends because you read important NPC minds, instantly located the magic macguffin or divined information about the macguffin as per spell descriptions.
The martial wants to escape or break into a prison, castle, w/e. (Why do we have rogues again?)
>The encounter ended because everyone could fly and the wizard can magically lock/unlock all doors, including magical ones.
Pick one

I
>>
>>52917689
is his gf attractive?
>>
>>52918405
That is some next level autism.
>>
>>52912325
I fucking hate people who get pissed at the GM/OoC in general when something happens to them.
>The dragon knocks you in the air, roll save
>*Roll fails*
>You fall in a pool of acid and melt
>"You're stupid, fuck you!!" RREEEE
Wtf is wrong with these people
>>
>>52916070
If he actually cares, it'll fix things. If not, he's just not a good fit for the group. While you're running the adventure, the players have their own responsibilities (read: knowing a base amount of the fucking system). Is this an online game, or actually at a table, etc?
>>
>>52910801
antitheist in Dark Heresy, that's conceptual
>>
File: 1491323827280.jpg (58KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1491323827280.jpg
58KB, 500x490px
>>52930025
Especially considering most if not all of Dark heresy you're playing actual inquisitorial agents whose sole job is to find and kill people and things that are at odds with the Imperial Creed.

Antitheists, books, intellectuals, non-conformers and illegal aliens are all part of this.
>>
>>52930157
at least until Ascension, when you can become an Inquisitor and 'subtly' work against the whole Creed thing by being a Radical of any given sort.
>>
>>52930168
True.
>Eisenhorn did nothing wrong.
>>
>>52929393
I don't really know, we play through Roll20 and i've never seen her.

Considering his appearence, i'll have to guess below average
>>
>>52929524
not really autism, it's just extremely high self-entitlement
>>
>>52930168
But at least Radicals don't go around actively telling people "HEY Y'KNOW THE EMPEROR'S FAKE, RIGHT?" and burning churches.

You could easily be a antitheist, intellectual, idealist, or even a fucking Chaos worshiping Inquisitor so long as you played it subtly and WELL and didn't just use it as an opportunity to tip your fedora everywhere.
>>
File: Mira_chapter_2.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mira_chapter_2.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>52911252
Could be from a reclaimed world that was cut off during or before the Horus Heresy and has kept to the laws of the old Imperium. Also, if there's any sect of the Imperium that remembers the Emperor's plan outside of the oldest Space Marine chapters, it'd be portions of the Inquisition.

I could certainly see such a person revering the Emperor as the greatest human to ever live, and also seeing him as the greatest Hero to ever grace humanity. Then striving to make sure that he is worthy of the Emperor's sacrifice on the behalf of his people.

Sort of coming at the Imperial Faith from the other end. Rather than having faith in the Emperor who has faith in you, instead having faith in oneself /because/ the Emperor has has faith in him. It could almost be seen as a more optimistic take on the Faith, or even a more defiant one. The Emperor would not have made his sacrifice if he didn't think his people were worth it, after all? Who are we to not take up that challenge and prove Him right?
>>
>>52930718
And do you know what would happen when that world was rediscovered?
The Ecclesiarchy would send in it's people to eliminate the old faith in introduce the Imperial Cult.
>>
>>52930758
Oh, most certainly, I'm not disagreeing at all. i'm trying to think of ways that character idea could work from a lore perspective. Given how massive the setting of WH40K is, everything is pretty much possible, so as a GM I try to accommodate ideas players may have in a matter than can make some sense. Not to the point of pants-on-head retardation of course. But in the end we're all there to have a good time, so it behooves the gmaemaster to try fitting things together, and I've found that helping players put bits and pieces together to form a solid grounding for their character works best.

As an aside, the post before is something I helped a newer player come up with for a Rogue Trader game I was hosting, said character being the Rogue Trader. Well, the one holding the rank. He'd mistakenly built a Dark Heresy Guardsmen, so I tossed him some more resources to build up his guardsmen and let him rank up to put him on the same level as the others. Ended up with a charismatic and fantastically heroic Guard Sergeant that eventually went the Stormtrooper track with shades of Optimus Prime.
>>
>>52929755
>Is this an online game, or actually at a table, etc?

While you're running the adventure, the players have their own responsibilities (read: knowing a base amount of the fucking system).
Yes. He knows less than nothing about the sy stem
>>
>>52930971
>But in the end we're all there to have a good time, so it behooves the gamemaster to try fitting things together, and I've found that helping players put bits and pieces together to form a solid grounding for their character works best.

Is there room at your table?
>>
>>52915653
Pretending to be retarded is retarded, anon.
>>
>>52919898
FOR BITING THE BAIT, YOU UNJPANAESE GOBLIN
>>
>>52910882
Maybe he was a cultist of Malal?
>>
>>52933718
>Malal
>Serving a Daemonic God by being such a cunt about not believing in any gods
it's perfect
>>
>all these people complaining about someone trying to be the leader

B-but I only do it because the other players are brain dead and could find their way out of a maze if their life depended on it
>>
>>52934426
>leader
>ONLY I MAY DO THINGS, YOU ARE MY PEONS
every group has a leader but sometimes it's more of a 'hero/slave' dynamic and that's when it becomes That Guy territory.
>>
>>52908987
>Like at least an extra 150 pounds

has any one of your friends turned up missing?
>>
>>52933043
"Joke's on him, I was only pretending to be retarded!"
>>
>Dragonborn fighter player. Bounty hunter background, very antisocial.
>DM tries to work with it, introduces it as us hiring him for help with something
>First statement is calling us idiots/fools for some reason or another

I'd be cool with the hardass thing if this guy was good at playing it but he Really isn't.

>Remember how character is supposedly anti social and distrusting bounty hunter?
>Precedes to show Mcguffins and tell EVERYTHING to any NPC who asks, several of which turn out to be enemies
>Rest of us point out this is dumb ooc, he acknowledges, then forgets and keeps doing it
>gets to the point my character (rogue who rolled high on beef) just confiscates any McGuffins he gets a hold of so he doesn't show it to EVERY RANDOM ASSHOLE WHO ASKS
>>
>>52935262
Continued
>all of us fucking hate his character
>one of us dies, and makes new character
>makes it a Jehovah witness style paladin that he knows The dragonborn/That guy's character will hate
>Hilarity that at leasts makes having the dragonborn around tolerable for a bit ensues

Sort of happy resolution:
>Guy eventually gets sick of his own character/the dragonborn, asks to have him leave and make someone new
>new character is much more pleasant monk that doesn't make stupid ass decisions and or insult every other party member
>>
>>52908052
I kinda did that. My memory is awful and I took a merit that gives my PC eidetic memory. In my defense, I explicitly told the DM that I was gonna need help with that and that he should remind me of things I forget but my character remembers well.

Isn't roleplaying about escapism? I can act as a dude with good memory, but not be one.
>>
>>52908371
>WakeMeUpWhenItsTimeToRollDice.jpg.png
>>
>>52935339
There is a difference between having bad memory and not trying to work around that. You sound like a cool guy. The OP's guy doesn't.
>>
>>52935339
So did you just skim the OP?
>>
>>52935417
Well it also looks like the OP simply wrote it in a way that made the other guy look like a cunt.

>>52935488
Except for the notes thing it's basically the same, and OP should've made a thread about cunts who don't write notes if that's what he wanted to talk about and not players with bad memory.
>>
>>52929664
I only do this one when i'm just savvy enough to know the GM isn't aware of the rules in the scenario.

For example, in 3.5 forgetting that the secondary poison effects happen after a minute, or 10 rounds. Rather than two rounds in a row, utterly crippling you.
>>
File: pills.jpg (14KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
pills.jpg
14KB, 460x345px
>>52908069
>>
>>52908371
you fucking imbecile, be grateful to your GM you piece of shit and make a god damn effort to play THE GOD DAMN CHARACTER THAT YOU INSIST SO MUCH IN PLAYING

for the love of fuck, switch to a dumb fighter if your attention spam is that of a retard with ADHD that is like "durr, NEXT!" instead of a lore keeper
>>
File: 1492704853497.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1492704853497.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
>tfw I'm that guy
>tfw destroyed the one game I didnt dm with drama
>>
A GM of mine insists in having fun at the expenses of the party

things like:
>"you don't get a reward because you weren't with the rest of the party when they went to get it"
>"But that's because you forced my character to leave with that random appearance of her boss!
>"Ah, sucks!"

Also, more importantly, he sometimes is too distracted by a chick at the table flirting with him and doesn't pay attention to the players

Hasn't got bad enough to require an intervention, but what can I tell him in the "stop fucking with us" department?
just telling him that directly ends up with "a, sucks!" and him not giving a fuck
>>
>>52918064
this

I played roll20 just once for a one-shot D&D5ed,
it was a bit lame compared to tabletop roleplaying, being a very short game that went very slowly, it was definitely a good experience, but god damn, now I know the kind of shit that I could have found
>>
File: 1406007615004.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1406007615004.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>>52908987
>>52908910
>>52908891
>Playing with people like this
>Being friends with people like this
>>
>>52914617
Compared to the shit I've seen there the past 3 years, this is lightweight stuff.
>>
>>52917323
are you literally me?
>>
>>52920050
I have bad constipation and it seemed that it would gt worse whenever my ex was on her period and joked that they were synching up and i had a man period. I let her joke around with me because I didn't want her to know it was from opiate addiction.
>>
File: GAZEBOOOO!.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GAZEBOOOO!.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>52918001
>>
>>52937026
Threaten to leave, then do so unless he takes you seriously.
>>
>>52937026
That's jusy cunty. And what kind of fagarino pays for a job based on headcount? Are you not told a flat number the party distributes between itself as necessary? Jesus christ go get a dozen shit farmers, tell them to guard your shit for a week and you'll pay them a handful of gold. Then, when you get paid, give them what you promised and pocket the rest of their reward.
>>
>>52911561
B-but, a half Eldar space marine did happen in the past anon.
>>
>>52913948
How is AoR? I accepted 2 of my friends invitation to their home brew of AoR mixed with Edge of the Empire. We are using the regular classes and such in the games though, they also worked X-Wing into somehow.
>>
>>52943415
>How is AoR?
I really like it.
Honestly I've heard people complain that the vehicle combat is a bit clunky but I've used it a lot in previous campaigns and I would disagree with the statement. Likely the X-Wing miniatures are used as visual aids, or likely they don't care much for the actual system and just play an X-Wing match to determine the combat.
AoR specifically puts you in the Rebellion doing missions to either fight the Empire's tyranny, or give the Rebellion an edge in the fight. Upside is that the AoR books have more stats for large capitol ships, it also has in one of it's source books stats on how to run mass combats.
>>
I dont have any of my own to tell. Guess I'm just Lucy in that way, but this guy has a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1cpWelNtXM
>>
>>52911879
>DM is trying make a campaign to put on the internet because he couldn't find any campaigns that use the material from book B
>tell us to only use books A and B
>sick ass spell that fits character flavor
>it's in book G
>ask the DM if I can use it anyway
am I that guy?
>>
>>52944247
i'd check with the other players too before you put it on your character sheet
many people get really pissy if outside materials are used
if the dm says no, ask if it's because it's outside of the "main" material, and if he says it is probably dont bring things up from that book again.
it kinda sucks sometimes but following the rules makes things simpler and easier for most players
basically, there's not harm in asking but don't expect "yes" as an answer
>>
>>52913826
No goddamnit you were right! He is that guy. There was a cause: A GM setting a reasonable boundary
and then there was an effect: That guy sabotaging peoples fun at the table. "well optimized" be damned this is collaborative play
>>
>start getting game around, going to run bi-weekly
>spend approximately 8 hours writing things for it
>ask for players for "three sentence summary of your character"
>give two weeks for players to write said summary
>get three summaries within five minutes
>fourth person says "he will think on it and get back to me later"
>okay you have two weeks
>this player I have changed scheduling of games for before just for him because of time conflicts
>two weeks goes
>ask for summary for session zero
>get told he never had any time, and didn't want to stretch his free time "too thin"
>mention that I have gone out of my way to schedule and locate games just so he could attend
>meh
>apologize to other players that because we are short players, I am going to have to cancel a game

I give up.
>>
>>52944247
>one spell
>asking first
not yet.
>>
>>52946263
Was there no way to run the game without him? I don't see how someone with "no free time" to write three sentences, could attend a game in the first place...
>>
>>52919474
>"has another personality"
Pretend identity disorder, or even plain old "yeah I can be a ~bad guy~ if I want to", is probably one of the biggest fucking red flags anyone can show.
If I get even the slightest suspicions that someone is doing this shit, I'm not having anything to do with them ever.

>>52937026
If bringing up an issue with the GM fails, you're shit out of luck. The only tool you have left is peer pressure.
If you can't get the other players to bring up the issue with him (because they're spineless idiots or assholes who won't stand up for you) don't waste your time.
Leave now. The group will eventually dissolve anyway, as soon as the non-spineless players end up in your situation too. And finally, no game > bad game.
>>
>>52908371

I would not want you in my games. you sound like a real piece of shit.
>>
>>52944247
You're only that guy if you make crazy requests against the GM's wishes and/or don't ask and/or whine about it when he says no.

>>52935562
>>doesn't take notes or read the ones handed to him
>>refuses to play a different character
Yeah OP is totally mad about people with bad memories. Certainly not about and not about lazy, stubborn players.
That guy is obviously a good person who tries his best, or at least tries a little, despite his bad memory!
>>
>throw up a D&D 101 session for my sister and her friends
>I say "core only" so they won't have to jump through hoops finding all the splatbooks. Everyone agrees.
>they all read about the races and classes cause I sent them a pdf of the PHB.
>then there's this guy...
>"I want to make my character like the one I have in Skyrim!"
>"Well, what is your character like?"
>"He's a khajiit assassin who uses a bow to snipe enemies from afar and turns into a werewolf for melee combat."
>Explain that catfolk aren't a core race, and that being a lycanthrope in D&D is not like in Skyrim.
>He winds up making an elf Rogue.
>Starts trying to sneak in plain sight in the middle of the marketplace and shoplift apples.
>Complains when the guards walk up to him to interrogate him about his suspicious behaviour and find his bag full of stolen fruit.
>>
File: 1482137302817.png (260KB, 483x368px) Image search: [Google]
1482137302817.png
260KB, 483x368px
>>52908052
Let me share a story of how I received autism from my GM
>5e, playing LMoP
>Playing fighter with 20 STR, fucking mobs up and shit
>Have a hammer that I can throw 30ft, it doesn't fucking matter anymore
>DM decides to homebrew the rest of the story which was where my alert signs start going off.
>The leader of the Red-Bands who was some fag wizard who was essentially a Wow mage who liked ice spells needed our help killing a spider queen.
>We spend like 2 hours in combat trying to hit a forty foot spider from Wow, literally pulled up a picture of it to show us.
>Our warlock deals the finishing blow to the spider queen, our party monk and I both had to make saving throws because the spider was falling over.
>I roll a 7 or some shit, nevertheless the spider flops ontop of my Dwarf, covering half of my body. End of session
>Turns out this spider queen has full silver plate armour and is a couple of hundred thousand pounds.
>What...The...actual....Fuck
>Everyone spends an entire session standing around this cave cutting my body in half to get me out.
>I die....
>Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>The GM mutes me on discord for an entire week after I called him out for autism levels of bullshit
>Words can not describe how fucking livid I was
>Guess who is DMing next
>>
>>52923526
>Exclude a player and don't involve him in the party's plan
>Get a load of this asshole he actually wanted to play during the session
>>
>>52948492
>Player doesn't read the rest of the group and makes a character that doesn't fit in with the game the party is playing
>Everyone should bend over backwards to accommodate this
>>
>>52948492
Being on standby and rescuing them if they fuck up is an important role. He should be proud to be the guy everybody depends on, even if it's not a flashy job.
>>
>>52948492
>has never seen a heist movie

There's always a shootout at the end...always.
>>
>>52946263
Why not run the game just for the three players?
Is that not possible?
>>
>>52946263
Seriously, if someone doesn't show, just run. Run without that guy. I've done it. It's easier when they're not established characters.
>>
>>52948403
A 40 foot spider will be pretty big, and dodging it will be tough.

Why didn't your dwarf not complain about being cut in two?
>>
>>52948699
Because it reduced me to 0 hp and I was knocked out the entire time. The DM literally told me I had to take the back seat on this one.
>>
>>52948403
ehh, I get why you're angry at your DM, but you also handled yourself like a child. I mean he was in the wrong but I still don't feel that much sympathy for you acting like that..
>>
>>52948744
I know I acted shitty, but this is my first adventure in D&D. I guess I will always remember this one
>>
>>52948735
Sounds like your team is retarded.
>>
>>52946263
You should've went on without that dumbass.
>>
>>52947846
He is new and harmless. Go easy on him.
>>
>>52923914
>>Implying how a human being acts at a first encounter isn't indicative of their character
>>
>>52947846
thats actually pretty funny

>that guy

I mean, you are doing a campaign for people who have never played the game before. What did you expect? If their closes experience with an "RPG" is skyrim, they'll try to play it like skyrim.
>>
>>52911667
My step-dad, who believes in such thing, saw this episode and insisted that Bill Nye was being paid off by the pharmaceuticals in an attempt to hide the truth. I reasoned with him about it, stating that Bill would not be paid off, considering that he is already a multi-millionaire, to which he responded, "It's not up to Bill Nye to decide what really helps people."

Truly a wise man.
>>
>>52950295
Well, considering the recent statements made by "Shill Nye the Science Goy", your dad isn't all that far off except on who exactly is paying him off.

Crystals are still a meme though.
>>
>>52913948
NARP here, and I am fucking confused here. What is with all these stories of people trying to abandon/kill the party? It's not an mmo, everyone is at the same table. What exactly do they expect to happen, they kill everyone and the DM just starts playing 1v1 session while everyone else watches with no objection?

It must be one of those things where you have to be a piece of shit to understand how a piece of shit thinks.
>>
>>52951032
It'll depend, but forward thinking isn't often a big thing for these people. "If their characters die they can make new ones, so it's fine" might be an excuse, or they may just not think about the future and try to do what they think makes sense to have fun at the time.

Alternatively they might see it as if their character survives and gets all the loot, they "win" because they have all the money. That's what matters in these kind of games, right? The one with the most money wins.
>>
>finally get these fucks going after they're done chatting about their fotm dota clone
>new campaign
>everyone blatantly ignores my quest hook in favour of trying to rob and fuck with eachother and every nearby NPC
>takes 5 hours to leave town and get to the quest

Also one kept demanding his shortsword be regarded as a large size dagger. He would not stop trying to explain this to me.
>>
>>52917689
Sounds exactly like an old DM I dropped a while back. Good riddance.
>>
>>52950530
The spread meme about a statement on genetics by him was proven false.
>>
>>52952567
>demanding his shortsword be regarded as a large size dagger
for what reason
>>
>That guy who STILL hasn't read the rule book
>Who is a TWF built fighter, but insists on two handing his weapon and forgets what a bonus action is, THEN says he still wants to be a TWF when asked if he just wants to change.
>Constantly whines when it his turn because he doesn't know what to do (HIT IT!) and then bitches that his character is weak when hitting it is not an option that turn (JUST MOVE UP SO YOU CAN HIT IT NEXT TURN) and throws away his action, not even taking a dodge.
>And then fucking falls asleep in between rounds, or when out of combat right at the god damn table.

I've talked about getting him thrown out for a while now, but he's the DM's roommate and is insistent that he wants to play, so we just gotta deal with fights built for 5 PC's with a 4 person group I guess.
>>
>>52946820
>>52948657
>>52948675

The issue is that when he bails he always manages to steal one of the others with him. So I start with four and if I am lucky I still have one guy left.

As for writing three sentences, he claims to be participating in 4 games a week, one of which I know is a D&D adventure league.
>>
>>52954496
>inviting a guy you know is in 4 other games
so you're just trying to make life harder for other GMs?
>>
>>52954597

I only knew of the one at the time. He claimed the four when I asked for his three sentences.
>>
>>52918405
I think I remember that story
>>
>>52953183
He kept saying "it's just flavour! Flavour!" So I asked "so it's mechanically a shortsword, but you call it a dagger?" and he tells me it's mechanically a dagger made for a large size creature but it's the same as a shortsword, and he calls it a dagger. It's like he was trying to confuse me. I'm guessing he had some bullshit reason he thought was clever.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.