[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's Make a TT Game - Dominions style!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Dominions2E.jpg (93KB, 800x636px) Image search: [Google]
Dominions2E.jpg
93KB, 800x636px
Alright, chucklefucks, it's time for the fa/tg/uys (and any ca/tg/irls, of course) to get shit done.
Today on the menu: Dominions tabletop game.

For those uninitiated into the overall Dominions mysteries:
a) I'm so sorry for your loss, and
b) Dominions is a PC game where you prove that your God has a bigger dick than everybody else's by (taking over the majority of thrones) kicking the shit out of everybody & generally being the new Top Dog (geddit?) after the previous one fucked off to a permanent vacation.

Now, since this is a Tabletop game based around combat, and we want it to move fast (so we can wrap it up fast) basically we have to make Combat fast: (here's my 0.02$)

2 bunch-of-dice rolls: 1st Defender, then Attacker.
Each Army gets 1 dice (per Speed) to roll and adds it's Attack to the roll - if the sum is higher than opposing Defence: it Hits.
For each Army Toughness number of Hits = 1 Army Kill.
Total no.of Kills + own Scariness - enemy Courage = number of remaining troops fucking off the Battlefield.

This will be tied into the topmost important part of the game: God creation & magic. (continued below)
>>
Basically, your God (and his stats) will determine the stats your Armies & Whizzards (no, I didn't misspell) (okay, okay, call'em Prophets then) have:

Fire = Attack value
Water = Defence value
Air = Speed value
Earth = Toughness value
Death = Scariness value
Blood = Courage value
Astral = Magic value
Nature = Supply value
Dominions = how well the dominion is spread

Each value can go positive or negative & at start you get 10 points to distribute (add more by taking negatives) - you won't be able to change it later.
Note: fucked up a bit: Speed and Toughness are added to a basic value of 1 in Combat.

Next stop: Dominion. (keep on reading)
>>
God's Dominion is, basically, his 'health' - once it drops to 0 - your God's dead.

Naturally, you're here to spread it far & wide:
At the beginning of each turn, each God's Army/Prophet will give him/her as much Dominium as is it's Dominium score.

You can use this newly gained Dominion in two ways:
- increase your Dominion in a friendly or neighbouring Province by 1.
- decrease the enemy's Dominion in a friendly Province by 1.
Current amount of Dominion to be represented by a 6-sided dice of color equal to your Armies/Prophets. So, you can have 6 Dominion in a Province max.

And now for the Provinces and Supply: (another post incoming)
>>
Each province will provide some kind of a boost - according to it's type:

Volcanoes = Fire = Attack
Sea/Swamp = Water = Defence
Steppes = Air = Speed
Mountains = Earth = Toughness
Wastelands = Death = Scariness
Plains = Nature = Supply

Naturally, to exist (and/or move) an Army/Prophet has to be Supplied & a Province will usually provide 1 Supply - unless it's Plains when it's 2 - as per boost.
Additionally, each Army/Prophet will provide it's God's Nature value to the Province's Supply rating.

As you can guess:
not enough Supply = excess Armies/Prophets are lost,
excess Supplies = extra Armies/Prophets are added.
Simple, right?
>>
Next stop: Magic

There are several types:
Conjuration = summoning Armies/Prophets
Alteration = buffs/debuffs
Evocation = destroying Armies/Prophets
Construction = long-term buffs/debuffs
Enchantment = long-term summoning
Thaumaturgy = dispelling Magic

Now, Magic is, basically, the realm of Prophets (who can't fight with Armies, and will be killed on sight if no friendly Armies are nearby to hide behind)

Each Prophet will take his Astral value as the number of Armies or effects to be made.
Also, Armies will use their Astral to defend against any Magic cast. (still fuzzy on this one)
>>
So, for an example:

Attacker: 1 Fire, 1 Air, 2 Earth, 2 Astral, 1 Nature & 3 Dominion with 2 Armies and 1 Prophet
vs.
Defender: 1 Fire, 1 Water, 3 Astral & 5 Dominion with 1 Army & 1 Prophet in a Plains Province (2 Supply = 2 Armies/Prophets)

Defender goes first:
Prophet triple-casts his Evocation on an enemy Army: all rolls need 3 or more to Hit - so just 2 of them Hit.
Army will Hit no matter what the roll - so no need to roll at all.
Attacker's Toughness is 3 (1 + Earth) so 3 Hits is just enough to kill off 1 Army & then make the one Rout.

Attacking Prophet is now helpless, and fucks off before dying.
>>
>The reverse of Europa Universalis
There's too much going on for this to be a good table top.
>>
>>52907488

idk, if we manage to reduce it to a couple of factors - like various boosts being handled by Magic types, and kinds of effects handled by various schools - it might just work.
>>
Turn sequence could be:
Check Dominion
Cast Magicks (Prophet can't move for the rest of turn)
Check Supply
Move Armies/Prophets

So, the Defender in previous example now gets 10 more Dominion & spreads it around (no saving for later)
Then (if he wants to) Prophet rolls a dice, and if he gets 1+Astral or lower, can Construct or Enchant something.
Like additional Magical weapons for the Army - doubling it's power to 2 Fire & 2 Water.
>>
1st strike
(as in - 3 strikes & you're out)
>>
striiiike 2
>>
Dominions actual combat rules are simple enough to port them wholesale to tabletop.

Literally everything is DRN + stat vs DRN + stat

(DRN is an exploding d6 roll)

mr checks are 12(sometimes 10, sometimes 14) + pen bonus vs DRN + mr though.
>>
>>52913463

Well, yeah - but I'm trying to cut down on the rolling, here - so the action can move a bit faster.
>>
>>52906677
Dominions is a really cool game that I've spent way too much time on, but I don't think it's really suited to this format
>>
>>52913463
Actually if you check your dom manual, DRN is 2d6 exploding. drn is 1d6 exploding.
>>
>>52913649

I get that most of it will never be able to be ported (like gems - way too much counting) - still, why not try and give the tabletop people some feels?
>>
>a game that takes full advantage of being on a computer by performing thousands and later millions of calculations every turn
>unit tactics are so complex and battles so immense lategame that it can take some players literal months to make their turns and the computer hours to process them
>making a tabletop like this
So are you opening some monasteries to be filled with monks trained from birth to spend their entire lives beginning at 15 calculating a single turn in a single match of this game? Or are you just thinking gay fantasy risk
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.