[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5e inventory management

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: eq papier-01.jpg (2MB, 2551x3579px) Image search: [Google]
eq papier-01.jpg
2MB, 2551x3579px
I really dislike how 5e character sheet has a few line for equipment. Me and my players also get lost and barely remember what small items/ weapons we just picked up.

i just dont like that words represent items. So i created pic related to better keep track of our inventory. its not the best, but much better than what vanilla offered

How does /tg keep track of items ? are you satisfied with a bunch of words next to each other on a piece of paper ?
>>
File: HeroForgeScreenshot (13).png (158KB, 1280x694px) Image search: [Google]
HeroForgeScreenshot (13).png
158KB, 1280x694px
>>52887561
Is that pic some kind of online thing or is it just a sheet of paper?
>>
>>52887561
How does this work then? Do you use small icons to represent everything you've picked up? Do you use tokens or the like? Otherwise you're going to be using words all over the place, so I don't understand what quite you mean. Could you explain more how this works?
>>
>>52887561
I use roll20. IF it's a lot of stuff (such as party equipment) I use google documents and share between everyone.
>>
>>52887665
with that said as a GM for my d&d game I make a handout for all magical items currently in player possession (or will be). That way they have a visual picture of what it looks like (I try to find something as it adds more depth to the game) as well as what the item does.
>>
>>52887650
its a sheet of paper, i printed out a bunch and also made little 2x2 centimeter rectangles which you can draw upon and put it in his slot.
>>
>>52887663
yes, small icons. and if that item you just equipped has any bonus to your -anything- then you write it down below. this way you can keep your Charater sheet clean and still can add the bonuses from the equipment

but im looking for better ways.
i really like >>52887665
>>
>>52887561
I'm satisfied with a bunch of words, ayep.
I recognise this thingie from HoMM3
>>
>>52887561
>2 rings
>When you have many fingers
>>
File: thumbs_up.jpg (22KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_up.jpg
22KB, 398x500px
>>52887561
>wait a minute
>this template looks familiar
>it's the character screen from Heroes of M&M 3

That damn game.
>>
File: JP.gif (502KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
JP.gif
502KB, 500x281px
>>52888147
This. Why just 2?
>>
>>52888279
>>52887937
yes i "borrowed" the figure. it fits perfectly imp

>>52888147
>>52888293
in mycampaigns, magic only flows trough your ringfinger.. true love and stuff
>>
>>52887663
You could always just write a letter/number/symbol in one of the boxes and expand on it in the inventory. For example:

1. Helmet of Macarena, +1 to Dancing.
>>
>>52887561
If you're playing in person you might use things like Index cards to represent your inventory. Helps with immersion if you stick or draw pictures on it, includes additonal writing space to note down relevant rules and works especially well for consumable items.
If you've got the time and printer money grab the Magic Set editor (which does also support non-M:tG cards) or the graphic programm of your choice and make them look like proper cards that might come shipped with a game.
>>
>>52887561
I mean that's fine if it's what you and your players want to use, but I fail to see how anyone who isn't mentally handicapped would have any issues with keeping track of items on a list
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.