[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Introduction Pitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (7KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 296x170px
Hello /tg/

You meet an average person who knows about rpgs as much as the average person.
You have 2 minutes to convince him/her to join your rpg table. What's your pitch?

>system not specified
>game genre may/may not be important
>new op pic since frogs make you some kind of social pariah and i just want some advice
>>
>>52879156
Participation is Fun. Fun is Mandatory. Not having fun means you're unhappy. Unhappiness is treason. Treason is punishable by termination. See you on Sunday citizen.
>>
>>52879349
Did you get many new recruits for your table with that?
>implying you don't live in Belarus, Best Korea or some other distopian country
>Also implying people don't know about Paranoia, which I suppose you play.
>>
>>52879607
The people it doesn't get can't be convinced to play it no matter how long I try, and that line is enough to get potential candidates curious to ask more. I've got a consistent group of about 5 players with others dropping in and out as life permits.

And people really don't know about Paranoia, despite it being so old. Even a lot of grogs don't know anything more than the name and the meme.
>>
>>52879156
It's a lot like a board game or a video game RPG, but there's a lot more freedom with what you can do and what kind of characters you can make. The goal is to have fun telling a story together, and you don't really need to worry about knowing all the rules or talking too much if you don't want to.

Also, you know Record of Lodoss War? That.
>>
>>52879156
Bewbs of all shapes and sizes and species.
>>
>>52879746
Yeah, that's really a tight filter and you can be sure to have exactly the kind of people you want for your game with that. But I am not really sure that could work in a normal environment, I mean, do you really approach - or say farewell - with that line people who don't know you play and you want at your table?

I don't wanna flame here, I'm genuinely curious. If you can make it work, seriously I'm all ears about what's the secret ingredient.
>>
File: 1460572897394.png (15KB, 688x657px) Image search: [Google]
1460572897394.png
15KB, 688x657px
>>52879754

This is generic-yet-clear enough to work well in a lot of situations. And the final clarification is a very good way to bridge with the listener. Stolen.
>>
I'll eat you out until you cum at least twice
>>
>>52879156
Assuming he likes the setting and the system isn't too rule heavy, IMO you're better off putting forward the roleplay aspect of pen&paper.
>>
>>52880580
It's worked so far. The secret ingredient is the curiosity "this sounds nothing like anything I've played before" aspect. The pitch doesn't work just by itself, but it's enough to make a player ask for more details, and when they learn more they usually want to play more.

It's not even that tight a filter really, most people are more than willing to give it a go. The people who turn it down are generally people who believe roleplaying in general is too nerdy for them, or d&d only grogs who can't comprehend playing any other system.
>>
"Hey normie, wanna drink some beers and pretend to be an elf/jedi/robot?"

I mean, that's gotten me pretty far before. You don't need to have a super involved pitch, you just have to be friends with the person in question.
>>
>>52879156
It's an open ended, sandbox campaign that's run West-Marches style by a slave DM who's been locked in a basement for 25 years, has not been influenced by modern fantasy tropes, and has only been given food or sexual favors when he runs a good game, so he's been conditioned to only run games that the players consider legitimately fun.

Also, the setting is basically Game of Thrones, but written by an old guy who faps to "fantasy realism" and "historical accurateness", but doesn' t know what aSoIaF even is. (But he's lax enough to not sperg out over potatoes.)
>>
>>52885216
Whoah! My bad, I misread the OP. This would definitely confuse the average person.

I thought you meant "convence the average neckbeard on /the/ to play in the campaign I'm currently playing in".
>>
>>52885069
>you just have to be friends with the person in question

Well, if you already have that quality of relation you don't even need a pitch now, do you?
The OP was about persons you don't know THAT well I presume
>>
File: 1488826272469.png (3KB, 203x217px) Image search: [Google]
1488826272469.png
3KB, 203x217px
>>52885216
>>52885253
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.