[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most skill-based (traditional) card games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 495-playing-cards-vector-art.png (25KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
495-playing-cards-vector-art.png
25KB, 600x510px
What are the most skill-based (traditional) card games?
>>
>>52874456
Snap.
>>
blackjack, and poker
>>
>>52875122
Those are boring.
>>
Whist
>>
File: c39.jpg (37KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
c39.jpg
37KB, 352x450px
>>52875192
>need a partner to play
>>
>>52874456
By their very nature all card games have chance as a core component. None of them are entirely skill based.
>>
spades
>>
>>52875392
Skill is about overcoming variance, dude. Y'know, "Playing the hand you were dealt". In addition, if everybody has symmetric variance, only skilled players will rack up wins in the long term.
>>
Monopoly. There's a reason it's lasted so long
>>
>>52876647
Cool card game, brah.
>>
no-limit hold 'em
>>
File: image.png (540KB, 559x836px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
540KB, 559x836px
>>52874456
slap jack
>>
I know of it as "Spit" but I think it has other names.

Your hand must be fast to slap the cards before your opponent, and strong enough to endure the pain that arrives after your sister throws her combined 150 pounds of bipolar onto your digits
>>
>>52875122
>blackjack
>optimally played 44% winrate

Have you ever played Blackjack?
>>
>>52874456
52 Pick-Up
>>
>>52874456
the game of pure strategy is a pure skill game, but its also a bit boring.

Texas holdem due to the player verse player element, and the house not robbing you as you go is probably the best game to gamble on.

If you want a game to play for the sake of playing that takes skill then trick taking games like hearts are the best way to go in my opinion.
>>
Dueling. Like, you throw the cards at each other's throats until someone dies.
>>
>>52877763
It's not about winning consistently, it's about knowing when you are going to win and betting then. On top of that it's about making enough deliberate mistakes, without them seeming deliberate, to get away with counting cards.

Of course Vegas blackjack is another story, since they shuffle multiple decks together to thwart counters now.
>>
>>52874456
War
>>
Rummy games, poker can go fuck off.
>>
Should I learn cribbage?
>>
>>52875122
How is poker skillbased? You can't even do anything with the cards (assuming we're talking about Texas Holdem), you have no influence to the outcome whatsoever.
>>
>>52875476
This
>>
>>52874456
Mao.
Cribbage.
Preferans.
Spades.
>>
>>52874456
That game where you toss cards into a hat or a bucket or whatever
>>
>>52881888
>War
What is it good for?
>>
>>52887673
>Almost entirely luck-based
>Overly simplistic

Absolutely nothing
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.