[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curse for a summoner character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: SummoningCurse-OP01-EN-C-UE.png (2MB, 806x1160px) Image search: [Google]
SummoningCurse-OP01-EN-C-UE.png
2MB, 806x1160px
one of my players is playing a summoner and chose the "Curse" disadvantage. it leaves it open to the GM about what it does.

I've come up with a few curses in the past for martials and such but I've never had to think about a summoner.

what are some cool or terrifying curses you could lay on a person who summons monsters to fight for them? imagine like pokemon but with magic.
>>
im hoping this is still here in 5 hours, ill be back to answer any questions.

and the game is High Fantasy set in (not)Europe, using anima beyond fantasy.
>>
I got an idea.
Everything summoned has a significant chance of being fucked up in some way.
Like unnaturally low stats, or missing abilities, or sometimes it's literally ends up a half summoned pile of mess on the ground that is completely unusable and sickening to see.
But very rarely, taking the risk on the summon grants a freakishly good monster.

If your game has a luck stat, then it might actually be important for a character like this.
>>
>>52866858
Strong link - He has to pass some kind of willpower or mental check to avoid taking damage equal to the damage his summoned creature takes. If it dies, he flat-out loses consciousness

Weak link - He has to pass a willpower check to issue any commands. If he fails, the creature just stands there doing nothing at all. If he rolls a 1 the summoned creature disappears.

Curse of instability - He has to constantly chant or perform some other action to maintain the summoning. If he's interrupted, the monster disappears.

Burden of proof - Anything he summons has an extremely short duration unless he sacrifices some physical remains of that creature type during the summoning
>>
his lifespan is shortened by the duration he keeps each summon
>>
He can see the realm where summons come from, but summons also see him. He is plagued by paranoia and nightmares.
>>
>>52866858
Keep it simple.

Roll a d100, on a 25 or lower, it summons a hostile version of w/e he's summoning.

Let him sacrifice health to lower that chance on a 1 to 1 basis.
>>
ah man, these are cool as fuck, thanks guys.
>>
>>52866858
Every time he summons he must spend life points

He can only summon one monster per turn

There's a chance he may fall under the summons control

Every time he summons something, another hostile one is summoned nearby

Chance to sometimes eat twice the mana when summoning

He must perform a weekly cleansing ritual to wipe away the build-up energy from each summon, failure to do so can lead to backfire and mis summons

Summons disappear after only a short time
>>
self bump
>>
When the time comes his summon will take control over him.

He can't choose or control his summons if he doesn't spend some valuable resource.

He can only summon one type of creature or under certain circumstances.

Once a month he will be summoned for 24 hours by an unknown entity, he won't be able to remember anything from that time.

Every time he summons something a mark is made on his flesh. If a creature of the same family of the summoned creature sees this mark will try to kill him by any means available to it.

His summons consume the life force of his most loved one at the time.

Hope some of this works OP
>>
>>52874501
yea this is good shit, thanks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.