[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would they win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1455490049625.jpg (878KB, 1600x2263px) Image search: [Google]
1455490049625.jpg
878KB, 1600x2263px
If innovation was allowed, would the Imperium of Man win the fight? I think they'd have more of a chance to hold out till Emprah rises from his golden lazyboy.
>>
>>52866839
Innovation is allowed, it just has to go though centuries or millennia of peer review.
>>
>>52866839

This is a meme. The Imperium creates stuff all the time, the only thing is it takes a long time to screen them because there is the very real possibility doing it wrong can literally summon demons.

Even then, it depends on the thing they are innovating in particular. There's all sorts of various guns and other weapons but they just restrict people from making any major modifications on their own not that it really stops people doing so anyways.
>>
>>52866857
Centuries is workable to some degree, but millennia...? You'd be dead before you'd see if you saved the Imperium with your life's work.
>>
>>52866857
only because the martians are dicks
>>52866839
for that to happen enginseers would have to become engineers at the very least, and like i said before that's not an appealing idea to the highly hierarchicals asses running the cult mechanicus
>>
>>52866880
>doing it wrong can literally summon demons.
not always, not even most of the time
the mechanicus are specifically afraid of people recreating true artificial intelligents that would try, again, to murder everyone
in second place, the cult is probably also concerned with dumbasses grafting necron onaholes to their mouths or eldar dildos to their noses
the only way the can keep those things in check in the overly bureucratic empire is by keeping a complete monopoly on science and technology
>>
File: 1458777552250.png (700KB, 1412x916px) Image search: [Google]
1458777552250.png
700KB, 1412x916px
>>52866924
If they can't approve my better drop pod retrieval mechanism then what are they good for?
>>
>>52866880
>The Imperium creates stuff all the time

The lore says, outright says, that the Admech lost the ability to truly innovate.

It has nothing to do with daemons. That's your shitty headcanon. Nowhere in the Admech codexes does it even mention that. It only mentions that they extremely suck at innovation because they view the past as the absolute bestest so there is no point in innovation. This lead to the decline of knowledge and science in the Imperium.
>>
File: tmp_29806-hive_city-629897065.jpg (268KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29806-hive_city-629897065.jpg
268KB, 550x600px
Innovation does occur but it is at a glacial pace. True innovation often happens under the guise of "divine inspiration" to avoid dogmatic problems.

The human power armor pic however wouldn't help much as it becomes a logistical nightmare. Marines are almost self sufficient with most chapters having their own forges and supply structure but the rest of the Imperium is a different monster.

The sheer scale of what the Munitorum does is mind boggling. Supplying thousands of combat zones across hundreds of lightyears is not simple especially lacking a centralized system that is intentionally handicapped to avoid large scale civil war and the fact that FTL is dangerous and unpredictable at its absolute best.

IG are supplied with what can be produced in large enough quantities to equip literally tens of billions of soldiers. The humble lasgun is designed for universal power cells that can be recharged from proper charging racks, wall sockets, solar, or even a fucking campfire if need be. Flak will protect from most small arms fire the IG will regularly encounter in addition to being quite good at stopping shrapnel and has the added benefit of being repaired with spray-on materials. Even rations can be made from reconstituted people when food runs low. Keep the soldiers armed, armored, and fed by the most efficient and cost effecive means on hand. This is essential for the monolithic logistical nightmare the Imperium deals with daily.

Power armor on the other hand is expensive to make and maintain, both in resources and time and bolters are not nearly as reliable as lasguns, are heavy as tits, and eat expensive and heavy ammo.

Some advancements may very well help mankind but the constant and worsening conflicts has them stretched to the breaking point. You can't just stop and work on some R&D then have the down time to retool entire manufactorums when you can't even keep up with current demands for war material.

The 41st millenium is a right cunt.
>>
>>52867295
>Hive spire as power armor
This isn't TTGL.
>>
>>52866885

The Imperium is fine with that.
>>
>>52866839
Yes, you go right ahead with your innovations. I'll be over here, behind the wards and incense, when your new tech invariably turns malefica and daemons start pouring out of it.
>>
File: 1458023820156.png (149KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458023820156.png
149KB, 700x700px
"BROTHERS, BEHOLD!"
>>
File: Terminus Est Great Crusade.png (2MB, 1137x793px) Image search: [Google]
Terminus Est Great Crusade.png
2MB, 1137x793px
>>52866891
Also because reckless innovation can lead to designs that are corrupted getting into production - like those ships based on the design of the Terminus Est (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Despoiler_Battleship), they were found to be highly susceptible to everyone on board falling to chaos or just getting lost in the warp, despite the ships themselves being made in an entirely normal way, and from designs that weren't actually corrupted (they merely allowed corruption of the ships once built).
As in, it happened to every ship of the design.

Basically what >>52866880 says
>>
>>52872329
... I'm not seeing nearly enough Golden Eagles or a Statue of the Emrpah, it was doomed to fail by design.
>>
>>52872453
C'mon, it's a pre-heresy, largely pre-imperial design.

But yes, it WAS doomed from the start
>>
>>52873464
They were built well after the HH.
>>
>>52873497
The original (which that is a picture of) was not, hence anon's and my comment
>>
>>52866992
>The lore says, outright says, that the Admech lost the ability to truly innovate.
You mean the meme codex which shat on existing lore.
>>
>>52873662
This. All my quiet and not so quiet fury at the memedex.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.