[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 441
Thread images: 42

File: Chained.png (1MB, 755x919px) Image search: [Google]
Chained.png
1MB, 755x919px
5th Edition D&D General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Skills:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-SkillFeats.pdf

>Make sure to fill out the official survey on Unearthed Arcana: Downtime:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/75fccdb56af9

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...
>>52858669
>>
Tell me about your villains and their plans!
>>
>>52865624
>Tell me about your villains and their plans!
Seeks dominion over worlds using the star's power.

The star seeks to awaken, using pawns to usher in it's coming.
>>
>>52865645
Nice.
Any traps or henchmen of notoriety?
>>
Do you fluff your multiclassing?
>>
>>52865624
Our last villain was a black dragon trying to cause a civil war for the lulz, and make us (the party) as miserable as possible by hurting bystanders and innocents. But she got what she deserved.
>>
>>52865714
Yeah problem is I actually know these people so its a bit harder, the other guy is actually one of my players in a Deathwatch game
>>
>>52865624
>insane archdruid who took too many mental blows in childhood
>mass "cleansing" ritual
>will literally destroy the planet
>its my PC and the party doesnt know
>>
>>52865624
>Immediate villain
Standard take over the empire because he wants power, managed to kill the Emperor but the Imperial Princess escaped, is being manipulated by a fallen hero who is doing it all to unite the land for war against Eldritch horrors wanting to invade.

>Potential side villains

Leader of Templar style order that is made up of paladins that believe in objective good and evil. They have some who bend the meaning of this such as killing tieflings and other oddities on sight even though laws protect them as citizens.

Dwarven Ambassador wants her "kingdom" to break away from the rest of the empire believing it for the best. She is promoting and helping sow chaos in the land to sway the hearts and minds back home to her line of thinking.

Elven ambassador wants to put his queen on the throne instead of help resecure it for the Imperial Princess. He is fully willing to outright kill the rightful heir and any who stand in the way of this.

Underworld leader wants to truly change her ways and dismantle the crime organization she is apart of. The problem is doing so would take the cooperation of a stable government and could lead to conflict should the PCs decide to simply out her before a deal can be made.

Fun part is not all of them have to be enemies it'll all depend on how the PCs interact with the world.
>>
>>52865744
well if they're your buds it should be even easier to say "id have more fun if we actually.... tried? a bit?"
ive been exactly where you are
i spoke up and my friends were like "oh alright yeh lets try that then" and weve been going for years now
>>
>>52865766
How many of those do you consider evil?
>>
>>52865730
>I'm thinking of giving the asi in addition to the feat. I expect it to go about as well as an ice cube hanging out in Avernus. Convince me why I shouldn't?
>>
>>52865743
What happened to her?
>>
>>52865803
Instead of doing that I'll warn you about the possible speed your game can end up with.
Some builds can go online way earlier that way, and the party can get out to stronger foes.
>>
>>52865801
Only one who would be straight evil is the guy seizing power for himself. The elven ambassador could fall under that aswell since he is outright willing to kill anyone to put his queen on the throne, even if she hasn't asked for it or wants it.

The others are up to the PCs and how they view the world.
>>
>>52865624
The main threat is, I guess, a GOO. Specifically, the one that the GOOlock in the party has as his patron. Other than the entropy and destruction that leaks off the thing sleeping in the ground, the cults and organizations that form around it cause a lot of problems.
>the ancient empire that used to be in the area the party is exploring was fractured and dissolved because people started making contact with it and leaching powers from it, and infighting
>the wizard college the party's wizard went to is secretly trying to revive the thing
>a christian-reform-camp-type institution run by warlock doctors has been kidnapping kids and feeding them drugs to turn them into cultists for fifteen years
>the dragonborn goolock turned out to be a four year old clone with implanted memories that was in fact infested by the creeping tendrils of influence of the GOO but thinks that he developed them somehow while living in a giant library with knowledge monks
typical stuff, you know
>>
>>52865826
I think it's the fucking BLOWN THE FUCK UP WITH WATER poster form last thread.
>>
>>52865624
OotA, so demon lords, i guess they just want to fuck everything up.
>>
>>52865624
Reform Io body. 4 or 5 if I include gem way war. His cult, dragon cult and Tiamat, Bahamut and his councils, and the Death Dragon godforgot his name. I am just going to have a big ass dragon war.
>>
>>52865826
You really missed that whole thing last thread? Dude told us about his magical realm and how he snuck it into the game. Was pretty funny.
>>52861230
>>52861260
>>
>>52865826
If I recall correctly: Boom.
>>52865858
Vanilla or spiced by the DM?
>>52865864
I get the plan, but who is behind it?
>>
How can I make my necromancer interesting and not just a robed guy that can make skeletons?
>>
>>52865877
Ask your DM about making a single bigger skeleton.
Speaking with dead people is useful if your campaign has some mistery too.
>>
>>52865674
There is a particular captain that is obsessed with the party, having been foiled by them on a few occasions. She's gone as far as insubordination and hiring a shitton of bounty hunters to find and track them down. Her obsession is clouding her judgement and her devotion to the dogma of her leader.
>>
>>52865877
By being a robed guy that can make zombies.
>>
In forgotten realms lore can goblinoids crossbreed? Mostly wondering if Bugbears can crossbreed with Humans for an adventure idea I had.
>>
>>52865732
First time playing warlock, found the pact magic system really boring and now I'm thinking about multiclassing into Bard and fluff into some Shaman/Witch Doctor so I call the fiend's power to buff/heal my allies and debuff/CC my enemies.
>>
>>52865875
Maybe Io, no one really knows. His action were always to further the survival of dragonkind as a whole. In the end, a lot of dragon magic toss around and transforming the word into more dragon like.
>>
>>52865853
>>52865875
Yup. Boom.
>>52865868
Glad you think it was funny
>>
>>52865940
if you're gonna do MC warlock you'll probably have most fun as a sorlock
>>
>>52865840
>>52865801
Although now that I think about it the manipulator would be evil aswell. My players made a typical cast all with tragic back stories and such. So I tied them together without them realizing it yet in that he had orchestrated those events trying to kill them before they could grow up.

Thing is he succeeded in his own time but the will of the world knows his plan will lead to ruin and broke the rules to send the ones he killed from different times there but able to defend themselves now. It works like Wheel of Time they are heros woven into the fabric of time and are produced ever now and then, different faces and names but same soul. This guy was once a friend and ally but grew bitter and became a lich/death knight (haven't decided). It's how he knew who they were and tried to end them believeing everything he is doing is for the greater good.
>>
>>52865875
i imagine pretty much vanilla, a textual quote from my dm, "it's all written in the book so i don't have to think about it"... yep.

so far so good, all things considered.
>>
/5eg/ tell me your favorite spell
>>
>>52865624
Main threat is a cult of necromancers who believe that undeath is the natural course and the next step for all lives on the planet.

Major side threats include :

Slave revolt who's leaders are pushing for the slaughter of the citizens of their master country, even people who were not involved in slavery at all.

An "incursion" from a foreign plane

and for post cultist story line the Golden City from a long dead civilization where no one who has entered has returned but sometimes clockwork automatons wander out and wreak havoc.
>>
File: 1492452590453.png (226KB, 750x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1492452590453.png
226KB, 750x1091px
>>52865931
>>
>>52865989
Dust Devil. I know it's weak and not really worth it on anyone but I love it with a passion.

>>52866007
I find Bugbears the most repulsive PC race available. Closely followed by Orcs and Goblins.

I just wanted a bunch of Humans worshiping the Bugbear gods because I thought it'd make a good group of tribal ambushers to steal the mcguffin. Just wondering if I should throw half Bugbears in there.
>>
>>52865989
Bless!
It's the one I've gotten the most mileage out of, as a Paladin, and I can't help but feel the 1d4 to most combat-relevant actions is huge.
>>
>>52865989
"Consume Cummies" is my favorite 5e homebrew cantrip
>>
>>52865838
I can compensate for that. I just don't think it will make a tremendous difference in the long run, either way. Unless there's an epic level handbook I'm 5e's future, which I doubt.
>>
>>52865990
You can weave in Orcus, if you like.
>>52865984
Oh boy.
Chapter 4 might kill him.
>>52865989
If disciplines don't count, Bless has been a lives saver.
If they do count, Mantle of Command.
>>
>>52865989
Delayed blast fireball, AKA The Tactical Nuke. Have a familiar or a pet bird fly off with it and drop it behind cover and BOOM dead orcs
>>
>>52865989
Chromatic Orb. It's almost impossible to not have it matter at some point in time to avoid resistances or immunities, and it does nice damage for low and mid level characters.
>>
>>52865974
Yeah, but our group already has one sorcerer, so I don't want to step on his toes, plus we're only using PHB, so there's only Wild or Draconic.

I'm really liking the idea of buffing my allies and vodooing my enemies.
>>
>>52865624
Currently trying to gain as many forms of power as possible in order to achieve a form of bizarre perfection.

Makes dealing with creature types difficult, I'll say that much.
>>
File: 1458271962352.png (89KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1458271962352.png
89KB, 500x500px
>playing D&D
>one of the characters is playing a bard
>has history skill
>constantly plans tactics and refers to battles where they used certain maneuvers
>this annoys me but I have a list of famous battles for him to draw on and i tell him some (usually passing notes) to keep it true to the setting
>one day they are hard pressed to fight some high-level ogres
>they use illusory decoys as bait, and the bard says something about how they were used in the battle of Caruso, decoy soldiers made of wicker to draw the enemy into range of the archers
>i tell him that battle never happened
>he refuses to break character and says to me (the DM) "oh of course it did, back in 1132 B.V., the great battle of Caruso, you can't tell me you don't remeber that?"
>I tell him that that battle never happened in this world
>he says he's just trying to play his character
>I tell him, no, you are trying to fuck up my world by making up battles that don't exist
>he tells me I am being a control freak
>I tell him he can get the fuck out of my house
>dead silence follows, before he packs up his stuff and leaves
>awkward quiet follows for the rest of the session, basically ruining it

Why do people have to be such jackasses? I literally broke my back to accomodate his character's personality, I wrote out DOZENS of notecards of famous battles throughout the history of my world for him to refer to. Yet that wasn't enough for him. Players are fucking parasites.
>>
>>52865989
Dancing lights because my dm treat it like an invulnerable creature that trigger sight base action/reaction for the first creature that knows nothing about it.
>>
>playing evil character
>good character in party finds out my PC's master plan and threatens to out me
my character would normally kill anybody who gets in his way but i dont feel like i should just kill other PC's
wat do?
newer player by the way
>>
>>52866081
They do in fact worship Orcus as their patron deity. Their leader has a custom artifact called The Eye of Orcus, a necklace that continuoulsy rots the land within 30 ft of him and raises any and all corpses within the area of effect as his permanent slaves. Anyone who looks at the eye must roll or be frightened, then if they look while frightened they must roll or be panicked.
>>
>>52865877
A robed guy that makes one big skeleton that he walks around inside like a mech suit.
>>
>>52866081
>Chapter 4 might kill him.
that's the fun, isn't it?
>>
>>52866135
How much of a stickler do you have to be where you can't deal with a handful of battles that didn't happen a long time ago in a setting?
>>
>>52866135
shit bro calm down lol
>>
>>52866135
you were in the right until you said ">I tell him he can get the fuck out of my house"
>>
File: 1485015163162.png (338KB, 398x410px) Image search: [Google]
1485015163162.png
338KB, 398x410px
>>52866135
Faults on you for sperging out.
No one cares how well crafted your shitty world is.
>>
Bugbear Monk. Can it work if I convince my DM to swap the STR and DEX increases?

Will I be punching with the extra reach?
>>
>>52866135
his only other option would be if you gave him an encyclopedic rundown of every event that has ever taken place in the history of your setting
and obviously you faggots werent going to do that so he just had to ad-lib
get over yourself
>>
>>52866135
>getting this assblasted over someone being a character to the best of his ability
>not having him do that and potentially giving the party a chance to recover relics from said historic battles as a surprise
No anon, you're the jackass.
>>
File: 1460469552086.jpg (266KB, 960x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1460469552086.jpg
266KB, 960x1242px
>>52866135
Honestly, for something like that, I would have rolled with it. Maybe changed it to some minor, inconsequential/small scale skirmish so your history isn't messed up so bad though. I'd rather have a player that's creative than one who sits down and doesn't take any initiative, but that's just me.
>>
>>52866135
You did sperg out pretty badly and kicked what looks like the one player who had an interent for your setting.

You should have made up a battle that did use the tactic and tell him to use that. Maybe a skirmish in the border if your setting can't deal with being played on.
>>
>>52866135
If you weren't both retards, you would've had him roll deception (or had the other players roll history themselves) and it could've become an interesting development. Could've even created a whole dynamic where the rest of the party isn't sure if he's been bullshitting the whole time and made them question the value of his advice. Might have even caused him to stop doing it in the long run.
>>
>>52866135
Fuck you, that's how a character driven game functions. You can't have a real list of events and people, so the player HAS to ad lib their way through things in order for the character to function as a person. The alternative is just constantly asking "do i know about X" every two seconds.
>>
>>52866135
Fuck your world and it's history, literally nobody gives a shit
>>
>>52866135
I fucking hope the rest of your group has the sense to drop you like the hot spergtato you are.
>>
For the Hexblade Warlock, would you as a DM allow a player to refluff the Shadowfell angle?
>>
>>52866271
>Would you let a player refluff

In general, yeah. It's rarely harmful.
>>
>>52865624
I was about to post mine for a current campaign, but the new player might actually browse /tg/, and I don't want to spoil their fun.
>>
>>52865732
I only multiclass if something happens in game that justifies it.
>playing fighter
>save some kind of lesser deity
>it wants me to be its head priest
>multiclass into cleric
>>
>>52866135
I too would be mad if it influenced my empire a lot, but if it just x tactic used in battle y and has no meaning in z other than bragging in my world where magic are completely countere and dispelle 24/7 in war leaving people to just hack and slash until the enemy is dead. Was it just a battle or was it THE battle?
>>
>>52866135
I have to believe posts like this are just completely made up in order to get (you)s
>>
>>52865858
Actually it's Lolth.

Don't read that spoiler if you haven't played past the Stone Library
>>
File: redrogue.png (32KB, 209x128px) Image search: [Google]
redrogue.png
32KB, 209x128px
>>52865877
Play red rogue. Thief->necromancer who has a reanimated version of her husband as her companion.
>>
>>52866344
I would like to believe that stories like this are just made up, but past experience tells me otherwise.
>>
So I'm wondering from a purely RAW perspective if what the Barbarian's doing is allowed.

He's a Goliath Totem Barbarian and took Tiger as his level 3 option, at level 4 he upped his Strength to 18.

While Raging he can jump 10 feet in the air after moving 10 feet. His height is 8 feet and according to the PHB you can reach or lift something an additional distance equal to half your height. So all up after jumping he can reach 22 feet in the air.

Now he's been grappling people and using his Strength to lift them above his head an slam them down for 2d6 damage and only using movement. Is this allowed?

If he can do that, there's nothing stopping him from keeping them grappled after that right? So he can super slam them for 2d6 and knock them prone, without losing the grapple?
>>
>>52866135
>I didn't "yes and" or "no but" and for some reason that killed the mood

You're an idiot, anon
>>
>>52866180
I play a bugbear monk! You don't have to switch because you'll still be useful. Strength makes you a better grappler. Also yes, you do punch at an extra square.
>>
File: 51OtE3+8F6L._SY346_.jpg (23KB, 233x346px) Image search: [Google]
51OtE3+8F6L._SY346_.jpg
23KB, 233x346px
>>52865599
Looking at an upcoming Dark Sun 5e game, what are some cool tricks for a Minotaur pc from the waterborne UA that ARE NOT polearm+sentinal?

Going Battlemaster. Anything for martials that will tie into their Goring Rush or Hammering Horns abilities?
I was thinking about nets, grapples, and the Flail Mastery from the feats ua might be fun for knocking, throwing, and slamming people all over the place.
>>
>>52866386
RAW is pretty vague on the matter. Tiger is kind shitty though, let him have his fun.
>>
>>52866398
Shield Master, Dueling and have a free hand for grappling.

You get advantage on the Shield Master shove which you can use to knock people prone and your 1d10 Horns make you deal more damage then any other Sword and Boarder while still able to grapple. Take the Brawny feat if you want to be the king of grapples and prones.
>>
>>52866386
If they take damage so does he
>>
>>52866515
What if he only jumps 9 feet in the air but lifts them 21 feet?
>>
>>52866386
>Not making them suplexes or powerbomb

He's doing everything wrong
>>
Not even a followup autismfit?
How disappointing.
>>
>>52866386
>Now he's been grappling people and using his Strength to lift them above his head an slam them down for 2d6 damage and only using movement. Is this allowed?

If anything, that's amazing.
You better put him against a Phantom Train.
>>
>>52866532
Don't forget that your movement is halved if you try to move someone grappled
>>
>>52866386
If you don't like it, and you don't want to get into a rules argument with him, throw some enemies at him to counter it. Something with a pushing ability, which will make him drop the grappled target. Something with disarm, if you decide that disarming can make you drop a person you're grappling (only specifies weapons or objects). Something to charm him, totem barbs don't get immune to charm when raging, just berserker I believe. Ranged enemies that take shots at him every time he grabs an enemt, hopefully to draw his ire away from the enemy he's closest to. Flying enemies that go out of his reach. Enemies with reach weapons + PAM feat to keep him at bay. Kamikaze enemies that explode when he suplexes them.

Best part of any of those is that not only will they stop him from doing the tactic that you don't like, they'll also probably push him to think of new tactics to try and he'll appreciate that.
>>
>>52866386
dont they make opposed athletics/acrobatics checks to end grappling at the beginning of the enemys turn?
>>
If a Rogue is stabbed with a poisoned sword, and uses his reaction to halve the damage, is the sword damage AND the poison damage halved?
My gut instinct is to say yes.
>>
>>52866135
WTF you don't deserve your players
>>
>>52866423
>>52866556
>>52866586
Alright, guess I'll let him continue. It's pretty fucking awesome anyway. Can't find anything against RAW with it anyway and doesn't seem to be to unbalancing.

>>52866591
True. Means he can only pull it off once per round which is good.

>>52866595
I'll make sure to add in some stuff he can't use it on. He's a pretty crafty guy so I'm sure he'll think of some new tricks.

>>52866608
Enemy has to use an Action to try and escape.
>>
>>52866609
If he was hit, only the sword damage is halved.
>>
>>52866609
Mechanically it makes sense but real talk you're not dodging poison (actually venom) inside you. It's on you if you let it happen but I wouldn't
>>
>>52866609
If the poison sword deals poison damage straight from the hit ("1d6+3 piercing damage and 4d6 poison damage") then yes, they're both halved. If it's beyond a saving throw ("The target must make a DC 15 Constitution save or take 4d6 poison damage") then no, only the piercing damage is halved, as it's not considered damage from the attack proper.
>>
>>52866609
Just says damage. Doesn't specify weapon damage, or spell damage, or anything like that so you should conclude that any damage done with that one particular attack is halved.
>>
>>52866633
For the same reason that you can't crit poison weapon damage?
>>
>>52866647
Yes, that feels exactly right.
Thank you.
>>
>>52866140
Lie to his face until you have fullproof blackmail.
>>
>>52866654
Yep
>>
File: Technically Correct.png (186KB, 635x474px) Image search: [Google]
Technically Correct.png
186KB, 635x474px
>>52866647
>>
>>52866633
>>52866647
Not that I don't believe you guys, I'm willing to believe you're right, but is it specified anywhere that this is the case? I don't recall ever reading anything about damage from a weapon and poison damage from that same qeapon being considered separate if there's a save involved. Is there a sage advice or something along those lines that confirms this or a rule I've overlooked in one of the books?
>>
>>52866628
true but the barb has to use an action to engage grapple
and its only 2d6 damage so its not op or anything
>>
>>52866386
I'd allow it. The only iffy thing is that grappling a creature is not really comparable to wielding a weapon, so the real rule doesn't make a lot of sense in this case. Such a situation would usually make for a really weak grapple attempt, which in turn would lead to the enemy having a better chance of escaping / resisting.

Keep in mind that grappled enemies can simple stand up by paying half their movement, then attack the character.

You should spice up encounters though, if the grappler or the grappled is pushed by an effect, the grapple ends. If the enemy is too heavy, maybe have the barbarian roll a strength check to lift them. If an enemy can fly it might be able to prevent the barbarian from slamming them down (or at least require an addiional skill test).

Also keep in mind that this damage will probably not increase unless he gets boots of jumping or somebody casts jump on him.
>>
>>52866681
To me, it just doesn't make sense how you're dodging poison damage. If you are hit, the poison was applied.
>>
>>52866654
What what WHAT
I have never heard this.
>>52866681
This post also applies to this. I am surprised. Please give me knowledge. My players will appreciate it.
>>
File: 1476739996821.jpg (21KB, 291x302px) Image search: [Google]
1476739996821.jpg
21KB, 291x302px
Place your bets for today's UA.
>>
>>52866698
More Backgrounds?
>>
I don't like my DM's style of play, it basically consists of npcs vaguely pushing us in one direction with no real motive, or conflict from one fight to another. None of what we do really seems like it matters because the railroad is too real.

How can I tell him this without seeming like an asshole.
>>
>>52866689
>Keep in mind that grappled enemies can simple stand up by paying half their movement, then attack the character.

When you're grappled your movement's reduced to zero. So you have to break out the grapple, stand up and then hope next round you aren't grappled and proned.
>>
>>52866693
This makes sense. But usually I just approach situations with the same general ruling unless something else makes a specific that works separately. In this case there's two elements, poison damage, and the rogue feature. I only looked at the rogue feature, so it's possible that in some place that talks about poison damage this situation is expounded upon and I anxiously await someone clarifying. I'm fairly certain I've killed the shit out of players because of critical poison damage and I want to hear if I did it wrong.
>>
>>52865989
without a doubt Magic Jar
>>
>>52866698
Races. Been a while since we got some so that could be kind of nice.

Maybe exotic weapons?
>>
>>52866695
It's been officially ruled on that you don't apply the critical multiplier to effects that are "behind" a saving throw. Thus you can crit a flaming sword, but you cannot crit anything that adds an effect like "and Save or take X damage", as most poisons do.
>>
What does an anti-magic field look like?
I'm worldbuilding and coming up with a mostly human nation right next to elemental nations. Given that the elementals, at least fire and earth, are slavers the fuckers had to do something to back at em. I need an aesthetic and thus far have no culture other than
>fuck outsiders, bastards just want to use us
>>
>>52866698
I was sure that downtime was the last regular UA we were getting, I swear it said that was the last weekly one we were getting but I turned out to be wrong. So I have no clue. I liked the skill feats and I think I wanna see some more feats, no clue what they would be but I want em. What's more likely, since this is the last one of this batch (next week is also next month right? So well still get another one that's essentially "weekly"?) We'll get one that's totally useless bit still fun. I'm putting five bucks on trail rations revised.
>>
>>52866748
Like a negative of a photo in a perfect sphere.
>>
File: Wizard F east (1).jpg (31KB, 457x745px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard F east (1).jpg
31KB, 457x745px
>>52866698
I'd love some mid level Enchantment spells to round out the egregiously limited list of Enchantments.
>>
>>52866747
Ok, "officially ruled" sounds like sage advice so I'll search for that.
>>
>>52865989
Blade in the soul
>>
>>52865624
Guild of mercenaries planning on sending an untold amount of power up to the moon which will awaken a giant mecha sealed inside of it which they plan to use to take over the world and travel to the stars.
>>
>>52866763
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/11/24/critical-poison/
>>
>>52866386
That sounds fun and not blatantly rules-breaking, so I'd allow it.
>>
>>52866725
Huh, I guess that'd be true. I think it's an oversight from the developers, and I would probably allow enemies to use their movement action, and bonus action, in place of an action to break free of a grapple.
>>
>>52866698
We had classes, archetypes, feats, spells, downtime rules, so I'd bet on races or backgrounds. Or more items.
>>
>>52866758
Enchantment is mostly the mind control kind of shit. What effects are you thinking of? Or you're just hoping for them to open some new doors of possibility to you?
>>
>>52866758
I've also got a crush on Enchantment and think it's the most under appreciated Wizard school... but we don't really need any more.

Honestly Suggestion is the number 1 Enchantment spell and is as powerful as you're creative. Same as Illusion magic in that just a handful of spells basically let you do the whole deal.

>>52866787
>their movement action, and bonus action
There's no movement action REEEEE and now people have 3 chances to break a grapple so it's completely worthless. Good job.

Grapplers deal no damage aside from throwing people around and instead work as martial control. This is about all they've got.
>>
>>52865743
>she

A dicking I presume?
>>
>>52866787
>oversight
Nah, I don't think so. If a turn equates about six seconds, I picture an action as being something that takes up the majority of that time and a bonus action taking up less of that time. Trying to break the grip of somebody that's got a hold on your nads I could see as taking up the majority of that six seconds. Mechanically, using your action to break out then using movement to run away from the grappler, is a valid way to represent that series of events on your turn. Uh, assuming that the speed drop only applies while actually grappled and you get it back on your turn after brealing the grapple. I'd certainly rule it that way for my players if they were grappled and broke out on their turn.
>>
What does the evil black star of not-Darkseid's system do mechanically to those who behold it's light?
>>
does anybody have more resources for monster other than MM, volos, and tome of beasts?
>>
>>52866801
>>52866807
At least a 3rd level Enchantment spell would be nice. One single 3rd level enchantment.
>>
>>52866836
Necrotic damage to any living thing, heals undead.
>>
>>52866787
>I think it's an oversight from the developers
It is very much not. Grappling and shoving are right next to each other. They can be perfectly comboed into each other.
>>
>get webbed up by a giant spider on the ceiling
>starts to reel me up
>use misty step and regroup with my party
Being a sorcerer is fun.
>>
>>52866864
Did you take subtle spell?
>>
How would you play an evil Cleric or Druid /tg/? I have trouble imagining them and nobody at my tables ever played them anything but good.
>>
>>52866892
Cultist
>>
>>52866877
Yeah, but Misty Step is only a verbal command, and my mouth wasn't covered, so I didn't need to use it.
>>
File: 1289342342721.jpg (17KB, 405x289px) Image search: [Google]
1289342342721.jpg
17KB, 405x289px
>>52866135
Hello autism. I feel where you're coming from, but holy fuck man you missed so many opportunities for a better game because you couldn't pull the immovable rod out of your ass.
I pity you bro, I pity the player, and I pity your group.
Poor folks.
>>
>>52866836
Inflict vampirism.
Marks them to be abducted by an Oni.
Replaces them with a slightly nicer doppelganger.
Raise their Con by 1 and lower their Cha by 1.
Grant something they are wearing a +1 enchantment.
Inflicts a minor curse that cannot be broken without a 6th level spell or higher.
Lowers their Wis until they can no longer rationally think about it's existence.
Inflict Sunlight Sensitivity for 3 days.
>>
>>52866787
Grapple already isn't super amazing, and doesn't actually prevent you from fighting back at all. All you're doing is nerfing martials and that's super unnecessary.
>>
>>52866439
Holy shit, these sound rad. I don't know that Dueling would work for horns however, since the description specifically says you need to be holding a weapon. Sure, a shield counts as an improvised weapon, but still.

Would be pretty sick if my DM added those bladed shields they have in dark sun, but I still may as well take the protection FS to keep my squishies nice and safe while throwing motherfuckers across the room and away from them.

Any more?
>>
If a Giant Octopus grapples something 15 ft. away, and that thing has nothing that reaches farther than 5 ft., can that thing still make an attack action against the Giant Octopus?
>>
>>52867021

no
>>
>>52867018
Hm, not much else to it really. If you'd consider multiclassing then a Barbarian dip would give you more damage and resistance twice per day.

For your subclass you can't go wrong with Battlemaster, but because you can prone people so well Champion and advantage does give you 19.1% chance of a critical hit on each attack and latter on a 27.8% chance. Knight would also make you the king of defending people.

Really it's a good character no matter what you do and not enough people play Minotaurs.
>>
>>52867021
Well its not grappling the creature with its mind, is it?
>>
>>52865624
Mine's a senator who, through his enforcers, is hiring mercenaries and adventurers (like the party) to secretly import weapons and explosives into the city to stage an attack on the senate.
After he miraculously survives the attack he'll seize control of the city state and wipe out all those involved in the planning, making himself look like a hero.

As it stands now, the party has no idea who this man is, but they realise the 'merchant' who hired them to escort some goods into the city is likely going to betray them in some way when they get there. They're currently planning to double cross him first and kill him as revenge for, what they perceive as, him killing another party they met earlier in their travels.

Obviously, this isn't even moderately original but everyone's having fun so far. And besides, I know the party is going to enjoy the moment when the villain reveals to them that he is the Senate.
>>
>>52867034
>>52867065
answer conflict
>>
Dragon homebrew faggot from a few threads ago here. I tried to go through the danddwiki dragon entry and make it a little less retarded. I mostly based damage dice and output on the Monster Manual equivalent. How badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>52867122
its strange to me off the bat that it says all metallic dragons start at third level and then immediately in the hit points section starts talking about HP at first level
other than that it just seems really fucking strong
if thats what youre going for then hey more power to you
>>
>>52867059
Oh damn, knight would be pretty sick with all that shovey goodness wouldn't it?
Thanks anon! You helped a plan B or C character idea rocket up to A+.
>>
>>52867147
Ah, you're right. It should read "HP at starting level." As far as power levels go, I basically figured an All Dragons party would naturally be pretty high powered. What I don't want to happen, though, is total domination of every possible challenge thrown at them. I was super hesitant about including things like Legendary actions/resistances at higher levels. I was also thinking of maybe restricting caster slots you get so it's more like one or two cantrips + a handful of slots instead of the whole nine yards.
>>
>>52867117
Let him attack the octopus, but the octopus gets resistance to the damage as it's not hitting anywhere vital. If he does enough slashing damage, he can lop off the tentacle and free himself!
>>
>>52867122
You're making a custom class for your players to play as dragons, right? Uh, well... First, don't know why you have numbers next to the saving throws. If they're proficient, they're proficient, that rule applies even to monster in the MM.
Hit dice are based on size, or class. I think you should pick one or the other, either a d10 for every level or else when they up in size they also up in dice.
Assuming they're starting with standard array, basic ass ASI's might not be sufficient, I suspect, to get them on par with dragons in the MM statwise, might be worth looking at dragons of similar CR to what level ASIs happen and see if the stats are comparable, if not maybe go with another progression- rogue or fighter.
If you really want to include change shape (also not sure why you'd change the name) make it once per short rest and they get more uses at later levels.
Frightening presence, start with affecting one creature (with a whole party, limitations like this probably wont matter much anyway but meh) then progresses into number of creatures up to CHA mod, then later use the rules as written in the MM up to a dragon with a CR of 20. These increases would probably happen at 11 and 20.
The spellcasting stuff, I think you should limit it to the spells given in statblocks or sidebars and they get access to the specific spells at the same levels spellcasting characters get access to spells of that level.
For breath weapons, be sure to note increasing sizes at the levels their size gets bigger.
You gonna have bonus stats? I'm seeing this as a race+class and I'm wanting to see that, but if you're picturing it differently then disregard. But they should get (at first level?) +2 str, +1 int, then pick some other +1 for whatever type they take.
>>
I've finally got around to looking at the Artificer class, and it seems rather underwhelming. Am I wrong? Maybe I've just played with too many DMs that love to steal my gear away from me.
>>
>>52867236
This, but not resistance but instead disadvantage, and can cut the tentacle on a crit or else decide beforehand some kind of damage threshold (for example, froghemoth will puke up creatures it's swallowed if it takes 20 damage from a single creature on a single turn, for a giant octopus which is presumably a much lower CR lower that to 10 or whatever is appropriate based on the character, which you would know better than me)
>>
>>52867179
>>52867256
>(at first level?)
right, forgot you're starting at 3. Are you doing that just to represent that dragons are strong, or what? Or you just want to start the campaign at third level instead of first?
Anyway, if you're worried about encounters being hard to balance, well... that's your fault, you realize. But what you might want to do is make some example dragon characters, figure out what their CR would be by looking at the DMG, then have them fight encounters for that CR rather than their character level.
>>
>>52867117
>>52867236

The octopus isn't grappling with its mind or its tentacle. The player is grappled because they have the grappled condition. There's a reason why all the starter packs start with javelins anyway.

Consider the following:
The octopus will move toward its grappled prey anyway in order to bite it.
Give the octopus more movement and less damage, and more ac and less reach.
Don't use the giant octopus unless you want to be using a creature that can grapple someone so they cant melee attack.
>>
>>52867302
The giant octopus uses the tentacle to enact the grappled condition. You can't be arguing some kind of abstraction of the attack, first of all because you've got to use some level of common sense and second of all because the attack specifies it's using a tentacle, and that tentacle becomes unavailable to make an attack after it's got something grappled. If you're arguing that a creature grappled at the extent of the tentacle's reach can't reach the 10x10 square the giant octopus occupies, well... again, common sense. I suppose you could argue with your players how the tentacle that's grappling them is curved around behind them or some shit out of their reach but like... don't be a dick about it, dog.
>>
>>52867256
You've got it. A common "class" that's then customized based on the "race" or type of dragon. I think your idea of +2 Str, +1 Int, then +1 their choice is pretty good.

You're right in that I was rather skimpy with ASI's. I wasn't sure if having them as often as Fighters or Rogues would change things from "powerful" to "god mode." Best I can tell, most Metallic Dragons end up with something like 25+ Str, 12 Dex, 25+ con, 18+ Int, 16+ Wis, and 25+ Cha. And while that might be all well and good for actual monsters, that's probably a bit overpowered for a PC. Or so I think, anyways. Maybe I could come up with a reason why the PCs aren't as wtfhax as their MM equivalent.

Your Frightening Presence idea is good, as is your change shape one.

Breath weapons I had figured to be a 15 cone/line until around somewhere around 6th level, then it'd be 30, 60, 90. Maybe. I'm not sure I'd want my players to do nothing but sit across an entire soccer field breathing hell at their enemies who wouldn't be able to get even close.

>>52867300
Best I could figure, third level would be a good equivalent to represent Wyrmling dragons. I imagine I have all sorts of theoretical encounters to run once I get the basics semi-solid
>>
>>52867302
No, the ability is called 'tentacles', and the octopus can't use them on another creature until it's grip is broken.
I think it's fine to attack the tentacles at disadvantage or with resistance, or both. You're punishing the character, but not to the point where the player is bored and powerless. If the player thinks to bring a ranged weapon, they're still rewarded.
>>
>>52867302
no the octopus is totally grappling with its tentacle bro
thats a retarded thing to argue against
"no the human isnt grappling with his "arms""
>>
>>52867370
>Breath weapons I had figured to be a 15 cone/line until around somewhere around 6th level, then it'd be 30, 60, 90. Maybe. I'm not sure I'd want my players to do nothing but sit across an entire soccer field breathing hell at their enemies who wouldn't be able to get even close.
It's also likely that they're gonna be flying around for every encounter as well, remember, so they're gonna be out of reach anyhow. They're gonna have to be fighting some big ass alien stuff with tentacles and/or shooting quills, or else fixed ranged weapons of some kind to be facing a challenge. How many players are you looking at, again?
>>
>>52866698
UA : Gender, Sexuality and Privilege Options
>>
>>52867405
This is true. I had planned to mitigate the whole flying bit somewhat by having such enemies as other flight-capable beings, ones with significant ranged attacks, or even such things as Eberron-style airships. You can never go wrong with ballistae-armed airships.

Player-wise, I'm thinking three or four. I've not had success in the past in finding a good two player dynamic (probably a combination of early DM jitters and not exactly stellar players), and anything more than four is just overkill.
>>
>>52866807
As in "they may sacrifice their current speed, and their bonus action to attempt to break free of a grapple".

>>52866824
>>52866849
In either case it causes a problem when you allow somebody to jump slam enemies for 2d6 damage + autoprone.

>>52867001
In this case the grapple power is incredibly strong. The enemy can only end the grapple, stand up and maybe use its bonus action. Note that the grappler will still be able to attack with his other hand (grappling only requires one hand) so even at higher levels this strategy has some merit. All attacks that round will be at an advantage, too. (enemy prone).
>>
File: 1492617063909.jpg (282KB, 1079x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492617063909.jpg
282KB, 1079x720px
>attending my first session in a role playing game tomorrow

Is there anything a beginner should know?
>>
>>52867465
Try to have fun. If something is not fun, try to have it fixed.
If you have a general idea of what your character should do (in combat, for example) the game will run a lot smoother.
>>
>>52867434
And if they're ever going into any kind of dungeon their flying will be limited. In fact, that might be a fun way for you to relate with the growing sizes as they level up- going from the typical cave or dungeon a normal party would go into, moving onto huge castles that accommodate them in the same way a dungeon would a typical party, onto huge natural cave formations with lots of rooms to describe caverns full of natural crystal formations and stuff but still only really translates to 5'x5' in 1" squares, know what I mean? It's really gonna be up to you to see what your players do and if it seems like they're doing too much of one thing, to switch things up. Flying too much, put em underground. Breath weapon too much, switch up the encounters a bit so the enemies use cover, or shoot at them from bunkers, or the terrain isn't an open area that allows the entire area of their breath weapon.
>>
>>52867369

I don't think "enacting" is a keyword in the rules, and attacking the tentacles would be mentioned as in the case of the roper. Not being a dick. It's a group game, and probably more interesting to have the opportunity for some characters to save their friend. Why even have the giant octopus be an enemy if it's just going to take turns hitting the players for damage?

>>52867388

I think it's 'fine' to attack it too, but technically not in the rules. I also said that it is a punishment but its the reason why athletics/acrobatics and ranged weapons exist.

>>52867401

Free hand rules are wishy-washy and only really apply to players because the rulings for shields, dueling fighting style and so on wouldn't work if there weren't a final judgement. My solution for the octopus problem would be not to use one unless you're ok with someone being grappled outside of their ability to use melee attacks, just use another stat block instead.
>>
>>52865732
Running a rogue and he's been nearly killed three times by magic users and while bleeding out asked for help.
A patron had me sign a contract in exchange for not dying and I did. And so I multiclassed into warlock
>>
File: missile.jpg (40KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
missile.jpg
40KB, 200x200px
>>52867465
Have fun! Do your best! Be friendly! Know what your class can do! Have fun! Only dispute with the DM if you have the rule on hand, but don't do it aggressively! Or if the DM handwaves some rules, roll with it! It's all in good fun!

And most importantly, have fun!
>>
>>52867440
>2d6
>incredibly strong
>barbarian
He's already getting at least one greatsword or greataxe attack with advantage per turn by virtue of class features, this is either equivalent or else a detriment depending on the level.
>>
>>52865624
My villain isn't a villain exactly.
He is the sole survivor of his race and controls the demi plane that the adventures are in.
He's currently asleep and dreaming and his psionic powers are causing his nightmares to spawn on this demi plane
>>
>>52867483
All around solid advice. Thanks!
>>
>>52867440
Too be fair they have to use an action and an entire rounds movement. Plus if they fail the grapple they've wasted their entire turn.

Against weaker humanoid enemies, zombies, skeletons and beasts it's a clever tactic. Against bigger things they can't reliably lift or succeed the grapple check.

Some quick numbers. Level 5 this guy runs up and grapples two guys, he can't hold a weapon here.

Their turns go by and they lay into him with attacks.

His second turn he dashes and does the slam twice for a total of 4d6 damage to each of them and knocks them prone... wow. If he just made Greatsword attacks he would've done 4d6+34 to each of them with GWM.

Trading 66 damage and the chance to crit, move or kill them sooner for two free prones seems like a shitty trade for the player desu.
>>
>>52867236
>>52867302
>>52867065
>>52867034
>If a Giant Octopus grapples something 15 ft. away, and that thing has nothing that reaches farther than 5 ft., can that thing still make an attack action against the Giant Octopus?

Giant Octopus is Artificer class feature, a Druid using shapeshift, magically summoned by conjure beasts, Dominate Beast, or subjected to Awakened Mystic's Telepathic Contact Psychic Domination, and is either directly controlled or carefully manipulated by verbal commands to grapple from 15 ft.

If it is ruled that the Giant Octopus is subject to attack by the grappled target, is it also ruled that anyone within reach of the grappled target can likewise attack the Octopus? Can a Giant, with a 10 ft. reach, now standing 25 ft. from the Giant Octopus, attacks the Octopus in the space the target is grappled? What happens if a Hunter Ranger chooses to use Horde Breaker while grappled by two different Giant Octopus who are at maximum distance apart from each other?

This last case particularly irks me because to allow attacking a target out of range because you are simply grappled by that creature throws out a rather solid RAW/Written as Intended interpretation because such a RAW situation has clearly punctured the verisimilitude of the situation, but then to say you *cannot* use Horde Breaker because it does not follow rules which are also clearly worded begs the question at where the line must be drawn.

I have no good answer for the original question.
>>
>>52867519
If you use reckless attack, any attacks against you will have advantage, too. And instead of just dealing damage you also prevent the enemy from doing anything on their turn (other than maybe ending the grapple) and you give any allies advantage, too.

But yes, if we just look at the damage a normal attack would be better against lightly armoured enemies than the raw damage from the move. However, against enemies with high AC I'd argue that the automatic hit is better, unless you have some serious on hit effects (magical weapons).
>>
>>52867502
>I don't think "enacting" is a keyword in the rules, and attacking the tentacles would be mentioned as in the case of the roper. Not being a dick. It's a group game, and probably more interesting to have the opportunity for some characters to save their friend. Why even have the giant octopus be an enemy if it's just going to take turns hitting the players for damage?
"imposing" I think is a word used when you cause a creature to have a condition placed on them, if you really want one. Took a look at the roper, the tentacles have their own AC and HP because they're essentially separate entities from the roper itself, also note how attacking the tentacles doesn't harm the roper, and it can make replacements with no cost except waiting. If you want to run the tentacles of an octopus that way, I bet you could.
I like your reasoning that you're encouraging teamwork by having the grappled member not be able to help himself, but be ready to explain that to your players if they bitch about how they should be able to attack the tentacle or some shit.
>>
>>52867465
Bring a pencil
>>
>>52867545
If they fail their grapple they have wasted 1 attack.If you fail attacking you waste 1 attack. Seems fair by comparison.
If you fail you can still use your move on something else.

Depending on how far you move, you may still be able to grapple them and jump. (Especially since barbarians get extra movement speed).

But yes, it is not a good strategy against swarms of weak enemies that would die to one or two hits, anyways.
>>
>>52867598
Two turns to do 2d6 really isn't that great. It's 7 damage mate, and prone isn't that big of a deal on 1 enemy because he can still attack with disadvantage.

Most Grapplers just Grapple then Shove prone which this is only better then because it gives them no chance to avoid the prone and deals damage for sure.

If they just Grapple then Prone they could have a better level 3 feature then +3 Jump, they could hit this guy with a longsword for 1d10+7 damage with advantage and they could spend their movement not sitting there jumping up and down. Plus you'll need to dash to get use out of this and that could be used on 2 prone attempts.

This literally won't break anything. Either there's too many enemies for this to be noticeable above just whacking people, the enemies too big and strong for this to work or the Barbarian could've done the same tactic without jumping.
>>
>>52867598
Right, right, didn't think of the other shit. But, the barbarian should NOT be getting
>attribute damage
>rage damage
when doing this kind of attack. If this is the case, that's probably a fair trade off. That's a good 5-8 straight damage the barb is losing (depending on level and STR) while getting an automatic hit.
>>52867574
If I'm allowing the grappled target to attack the tentacle that's grappling it with disadvantage (due to: having an arm pinned, being waved through the air, the tentacle being a small target, the tentacle being on him and so he'd have to avoid hitting himself as well, etc etc etc) I'd let an ally also attack the tentacle also with disadvantage for the same reasons. You could also rule that the tentacle grabs the guy then lifts him into the air 15 ft. Does this use movement? Who knows, but it's out of the reach of the guy's allies now. If a ranger is being grappled by two separate giant octopuseses, and we're allowing attacks on the tentacles that are grappling, then yes horde breaker works. If not, no. But either way, holy shit the ranger is being grappled by two giant octopuds and that's fucking great. Out of all the possible things that could happen in relation to this encounter, only about 5% seem to be covered by any kind of rules directly. So go ahead and use your creativity to make it into a memorable encounter for your players instead of making it an hours-long debate with your players over rules.
>>
>>52867700
If the enemies are too large, hopefully they're using their grappling to climb on their backs to fight them because that's some great shit.
>>
>>52867729
>I'd let an ally also attack the tentacle with disadvantage for the same reasons

I dunno, I wouldn't impose disadvantage. The real problem with attacking it while grabbed is you've got a relatively small surface area and quite possible very limited movement to do it with, while the ally could attack a section that isn't even close. I mean, obviously it's up to you but personally I'd generally hold off on putting disadvantage on an action to assist a friend unless the situation calls for it, not just baseline.
>>
>>52867762
If the ally was going for the main body of the octopus it would be a normal attack roll (unless there was some other factor, like it was in a tight crevice between two rocks or something) but rather the disadvantage would be to attack the tentacle itself at whatever square the ally is being held at.

If you want something for allies to do at 15 ft away from the octopus to help their ally they could absolutely take the "help" action so on the grappled friend's next turn they get advantage on the athletics/acrobatics check to get free, and then you don't even have to make any shit up.
>>
Just put a damage cap before the octopus lets go or loses its arm.
>>
>>52867790
Sure, I suppose. I figure I'd attack somewhere further down the tentacle but that might get a little wonky with which tentacles are where.
>>
>>52867665
>>52867700
>>52867729

Okay let's do this properly (I might be a bit autistic, forgive me). Barbarians should have 40 movement speed after level 5.

You only need to move 10 feet and jump 8 feet to deal damage (8+12 from height+reach). So as long as you are within 22 feet you can reach them, grapple and jump. Technically their movement is not stopped by grappling, so you could argue that they only need to have 8 movement left to perform the jump this turn.
If the enemies engage you, the whole ordeal is made easier for you.

Remember that raging barbarians probably have advantage AND proficency to the test, as well as a high strength stat. You may of course fail the test, but the same goes for normal attacks. In addition to this, there are more enemies who are resistant to normal attacks (high AC, chance to avoid, parry action) than there are enemies who are good at avoiding grappling.

If you manage to grapple them, and have at least 18 movement speed left (maybe 8 if you're the one advancing), you slam dunk them. Next turn you it is unlikely that they will escape your grapple. If they do, you should easily be able to catch up to them, losing a few slam dunks.

Assuming they didn't escape:
With 40 movement you could slam them twice. If you use you take a dash action, you could suddenly do it 4 times (80/18), dealing 8d6 to each. Magic items or buffs from friendly spell casters makes this even more ridiculous. Haste. 160 movement is 8 jumps at level 5. That's 16d6 to each, plus autoprone and stunlock. And they are automatic hits!
>>
>>52866892
>Evil druid
There was a thread a long time ago about this, about not playing druids the fag way but making them the alpha predators of their forest, as they follow nature in its purest form.
Basically play it like that, manly hairy druid who will fuck your shit up if you touch his forest or if he's hungry
>>
>>52867851
Sounds like a neat gimmick for a little while. But as pointed out earlier, if the DM doesn't like the barbarian doing this kind of stuff constantly throughout the game, there's lots of ways to counter it. Let the barb have his fun for now, and later on when the encounters and tactics change he'll have to come up with a new gimmick, and hopefully it will be as fun and effective.

Now I like huge-ass characters, I play as one in one campaign, and the DM of that campaign has one in my campaign. In both cases we gave each other some leeway with the height and weight and general size of our characters because we wanted to be a couple of big boys. But say someone wants to use this new cheese tactic of using movement and fall damage to suplex enemies to death. Do the charts in the PHB that let you determine your character's height allow this? I can't find them at the moment but I think the tallest you can really get is something like 6 1/2 feet, not sure about goliaths. You'd really want to be about 7 feet tall to make sure you're above 10 feet with your reach to get that 2d6 fall damage to make it worth it.
>>
>>52867465
Do NOT metagame.
Try to roleplay your character and stick to it, and if you can't do that, then roleplay the fantasy version of yourself (easy to RP yourself).
Do not do pvp.
Masturbate before going to the session
>>
>>52867935
Goliaths are between 7-8 feet according to Volo's, same as Firbolgs and Bugbears.
>>
>>52867729
Horde Breaker clearly states
>Once on each of your turns when you make a weapon attack, you can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that is *within 5 feet* of the original target and within range of your weapon.

Yet if you were to remove the Ranger from the picture and ask anybody how far apart the two Giant Octopus are, everyone would obviously say "25 ft." or whatever.

I love using Giant Octopus as a enemy by the way, it does make amazingly thematic encounters.

>>52867797
This is what I want to do, but as soon as I do this, and a regularly ol' burly guy grapples someone, players are going to ask "can't I just cut off his arm?" because I've just slipped body part damage into 5e, which is just all sorts of NO.

I've never run into such an uncomfortable disparity between what makes sense in the theater of the mind and what makes sense in the rules. I think the only right answer is to not let anyone dwell on it whenever possible, tell them at such attacks at the tentacles are with disadvantage, allow the Giant Octopus to release a grapple at any time with a reaction, and give ranged grappling creatures behavior that doesn't linger on the scenario.

NOTE: Chain Devil, Chuul, Couatl also have ranged grapples, just off the top of my head.
>>
>>52867963
I'd add on to this.
If you don't know if your character knows something, ask the DM
>>
File: thinkfire.png (11KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thinkfire.png
11KB, 112x112px
I tend to like to do session 0's with PC's being added to game. Lets them experience their background/small bit of history before they jump in with the party.

Sort of at a loss of what kind of "module" to do for this druid and wizard character who haven't met yet.

Any ideas or things for inspiration?
>>
File: 1365755210792.gif (3MB, 485x300px) Image search: [Google]
1365755210792.gif
3MB, 485x300px
>>52865624
Continental empire fell, so now there are bunches of fledgling cities who have gotten independence. Now the continent is a hot contest for power.

The main enemies of the party are a dragonborn empire that plans on uniting the world under a single banner again. The leaders are three sisters, a Red DB Warlord, a Blue DB Paladin of Tiamat, and a Gold DB Priestess.
>>
Anyone else struggling with bad player background stories?
>I made a dragonborn fighter
>he used to be a blacksmith in a remote little village by a forest.
>I picked the folk hero background, because he started to become an adventurer when a fey creature from the forest, revealed that his ancestor was actually a Dragon, which meant his destiny was not being in a little village, but being a hero.

Dude is 26, and as far as I am aware, not a crippled retard.

How do I make them out actual effort into this, without just giving them homework?
>>
>>52867851
>>52867935
Well the same goes for hitting things really hard with your sword or casting control magic. If the DM wants to stop you, he can.
The good thing about this is that the character would probably be able to function well, the only thing he is missing out on is another level 3 totem aspect. So yeah, the character can probably find something else to do if the DM gets pissy.

That said, a fun experiment:
The athlete feat lets you high jump after only 5 movement instead of 10. 13 movement used to reach slam dunk heights.

I forgot that haste gives an addional dash action.

Movement speed 40 from level 5 barbarian. Haste from a friendly caster or magic item, and boots of speed. 120 movement speed, 3 dash actions = 360 movement speed.

27 jumps for 54d6 damage to each opponent at level 5, requiring you to spend the level 3 totem aspect, the level 4 feat and get a pair of boots of swiftness (which may be kinda hard to get by level 5.).

At higher levels, you could supplement this with the mobile feat or other spells (longstrider and maybe polymorph) as well as possibly an additional dash from the rogue class. You could easily do above 70 jumps per turn.
>>
>>52865624

Crazed extra-dimensional Lich that wants to reawaken the great old ones(specifically Azathoth) and warp reality.
>>
File: Schierke.jpg (23KB, 301x251px) Image search: [Google]
Schierke.jpg
23KB, 301x251px
>>52868009
Are you perhaps retarded? This is perfectly acceptable
>>
File: DragonbornWanderer.png (488KB, 461x894px) Image search: [Google]
DragonbornWanderer.png
488KB, 461x894px
>>52868009
Just because it's threadbare doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. I'll admit my first real character was pretty generic early on too. He was a really basic Dragonborn Warlord who worshipped Bahamut because I didn't have very much experience with the game. Is he new, or a veteran?

Regardless, that's still some hooks, right there. Why did the fey reveal this news? Is it true? Who sent them and why? Who was the dragon? Is the dragon important? Is the dragon alive or dead? Did they leave anything important or powerful behind? Maybe the fey said that because they want to get the Dragonborn to find something left behind by their ancestor and then swindle them out of it. I mean, a short backstory isn't exactly ideal but you're not totally bereft of options, here. I've seen way worse.
>>
>>52868011
I don't want to break your wind but with the enlarge spell, and the feat you describe, a 8 feet goliath barbarian would only need to move 6 feet per jump. With that is 60 jumps with 40 speed plus boots and haste.
>>
>>52866135
That player deserves to DM for the group, with your fat autistic dribbling arse banned from DMing and playing. Remove that rod stuck firmly up your arse, you shitfister.
>>
>>52868070
>>52868011
We're forgetting the mobile feat.
>>
>>52867971
For the ranger part, that goes into the whole thing about if the tentacle extending past the 10x10ft square the main body of the octopus is occupying. If somebody had two attacks in their attack action and they wanted to attack one tentacle from each octopus with each attack, I'd let them do that too. And besides the things you mentioned, other things that come to mind with attacks that reach out of their square of control- dragons, hydras, other big things with long necks or tails. Those don't grapple however, and presumably don't leave their heads just sitting around 15 ft outside of their square. T-rexes come to mind, fairly certain. Their tail attacks have reach on them and also wouldn't retract in any way. Do we just assume the fighter standing ten feet away could target the tail that isn't doing anything at the moment? You definitely wouldn't get an opportunity attack or something similar when a dragon uses its bite attack. Maybe we are to assume the tentacle of the giant octopus makes its attack, makes the frapple, then returns to be within the ten foot square the octopus occupies.
>>52867977
If the game is going to start at a particular city or dungeon, certainly they've got reasons to be there in the first place. Probably congruent with the typical reason a person would go adventuring at all. Someone hired them and they're meeting together for a group interview. They both planned to tackle the same dungeon and ended up at the only trustworthy inn in the closest town. They're both attending some university for different majors but happen to have a lot of general education classes together. The druid works at an apothecary that the wizard frequents to build up his selection of components. They both like to get drunk and play pinball on the weekends. The druid likes to turn into giant octopuses and the wizard needs some ink for his magic scrolls.
>>
>>52868066
>Is he new, or a veteran?
Veteran.

My issue is that it is not only super bare bone, it also makes no sense.

He is a dragonborn, and he doesn't know that he is a decandant of a Dragon? He also has an int of 14 because he wants to go for Eldritch knight, so this is supposed to be an intelligent character.

And there are 0 plot hooks there. Sure, I could throw a Dragon after him, but that's it. The story mentions it like an after thought, and makes it seem like he cares 0 shits about who the parent is, if not straight up expects the ancestor is dead.

It is just so fucking flat and 2 dimensional. It feels as though he has 0 motivation other than "oh some get told me to be a hero, so I might as well, right?"
>>
Did a UA actually come out?
>>
>>52868103
Just be honest and say you can't really work with that much and give him the option to change it.

Let him know that unless he changes it there's little to no chance of you putting plot hooks that relate to him in the game. If he's fine with that then there's no reason to worry.
>>
>>52868080
200 feet per action, 600 feet total. A Goliath barbarian with the feats mobile and athlete, as well as the magic item boots of swiftness and the spells haste and enlarge could do 100 jumps per round if he starts with the two creatures grappled, for 200d6 to each creature grappled.

As somebody mentioned earlier, there are more ways to boost this. In either case it's fair to say that it is reliant on too many things to be a surefire strategy, but it is a funny idea irregardless.
>>
>>52868011
So what we're getting at ultimately is that meme tabaxi build could spindash people to death
>>
>>52868103
>0 plot hooks
I'm gonna stop you right there.

>when a fey creature from the forest
>fey creature from the forest
>FEY
>CREATURE

You literally have the perfect excuse to drag him kicking and screaming into fey politics. He has handed you an excuse for basically an entire adventure. Why would the fey care about some dragon's descendant? Why would they go to the effort of finding which dragon's line ended in which dragonborn? Why him specifically? There's a thousand different ways you can spin this if you put even the barest hint of effort into it instead of just complaining. Don't look at it as barebones, look at it as open-ended. You can do anything you want and he won't contradict you. Shit, he'll probably be delighted that he's got such a cool lineage all tied up in fey shenanigans.

Or the fey just fucking lied to him for their own ends and they're trying to trick him into whatever the fuck. Play it however you want! Use your fucking imagination!
>>
>>52868153
So now that Tabaxi build actually has a real reason for that much speed. Anyone have the screencap?
>>
>>52868103
He's a blacksmith, he wants to incorporate fey into his folk hero background- logical choice is that his village was facing down the fey because (somebody pissed off the fey, not hard to do) and him being the blacksmith was able to forge up some cold iron shit that traditionally, kills fey dead. Fairly heroic, doesn't involve a pixie showing him a mirror for the first time in his life.
>>
>>52867851
Your movement speed is halved if you try and move with a grappled person
>>
All this grapple talk has me thinking, if I'm using a Two-Handed weapon can I take one hand off to grapple someone and throw them into something and then let go of them to wield my Two-Hander again?
>>
>>52868103
The origins of Dragonborn are debated, even the PHB brings that up. His version seems to imply a more direct lineage than is expected, and may even imply he's closer to a half dragon than a dragonborn, despite mechanically being a dragon born.

Being a blacksmith also gives you things to work with, it tells you the characters interests, and lets you ply it in whatever direction you need to.

That style of background is very fitting for a campaign where the DM gives you some, but not lots, of setting detail before starting, and they may not know the tone or inclinations of the dm/party. It's a canvas, but it's one that already has a coat of white on it. Now it just needs to blend.
>>
>>52868205
I'd probably allow it. At the time of the attack you are using both hands, and since you are already holding the weapon with one hand it should not cost you anything to grab hold of it properly.
>>
When do the UAs come out again?
>>
>>52865989
Mould earth.

Such a practical solution for making fortified camps, flooding dungeons and the like.
>>
If a beholder hits a PC with its Charm Ray and then doesn't attack it, this means the PC can just twiddle their thumbs for 1 hour?

I suppose a friend or itself could cast dispel magic maybe
>>
File: Dwarf_11f7eb_5690894.jpg (115KB, 780x568px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf_11f7eb_5690894.jpg
115KB, 780x568px
>grappling mechanic discusions
>>
>>52868199
Yeah that puts a dent in the damage output. With enlarge it still looks promising.
>>
>>52866135
>Being this assblasted because player is actuall roleplaying.
>Not taking a burden of your shoulders by letting your player make up inconsequential battles from ages past.

Well you fucked up.
I doubt your players are comming back.
>>
>>52868259
I prefer just changing the Charm Ray to a Ray of Suggestion.

Then, if they fail, at least the players can roleplay goofy antics that the Beholder makes them do, rather than twiddle thumbs.
>>
>>52868374
Domination Ray
>>
>>52868394
>>52868374
I've given my beholder
Domination
Paralyzing
Vampiric
Slowing
Freezing
Telekinetic
Sleep
Petrification
Disintegration
Reverse Gravity

r8 and h8
>>
File: act3.jpg (218KB, 600x522px) Image search: [Google]
act3.jpg
218KB, 600x522px
>>52868444
>no Ray of Power Word: Kill

what small time beholder is this?
>>
Are Barbarians with a level in Fighter the best strength Dual-Wielder?
>>
>>52868451
Most of my players (level 10) don't have 100hp

Maybe potentially killing 3 a turn no save is a bit much
>>
>>52868471
Really? What're they running? I'm a level 9 Barbarian with 132.
>>
>>52868524
You understand that other classes don't have d12 hit dice and 18 con right
>>
>>52868533
Sounds like a personal problem to me. They should've eaten their veggies and four dozen eggs every morning.
>>
>>52868538
Hey I'm all for beating the shit out of the barbarian just to scare the rest of the party, cus he can take it
>>
>>52868524
You realize that a disintegration ray or two and then power word kill ray and you'd be dead right?

I think a Level 9 spell is a bit high, maybe 7th/8th is as high as a beholder ray should go
>>
>>52868556
I mean, I'd hope that a creature powerful enough to fire a 9th-level spell willy nilly would make short work of a 9th-level Barbarian.
>>
>>52868573
Which is why I think Power Word Kill Ray is too much
>>
File: thinkpotato.png (10KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thinkpotato.png
10KB, 112x112px
>>52868635
Guy who posted it here

it was a joke
>>
>>52868640
Hmm. I see.

I was considering feeblemind ray as a fuck you to the wizard, but I suppose antimagic eye cone is fuck you enough
>>
>>52868538
Yea, real men fight Orcus at level 4.
>>
1v1 Maglubiyet vs Gruumsh

who wins?
>>
>>52868669
In what context?
Corellon Larethian.
>>
>>52865599
God help me, I pictured this image with the titty-snek from X-Com 2...
>>
>When your level 8 Bearbarian has 18 CON and got Tough with a free level 1 feat

Bitches need to keep up with my 102HP and resistances. Stop being pussies.
>>
File: Snrk.png (4KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
Snrk.png
4KB, 210x230px
>Party found a Deck of Many Things last session
>oh boy, here we go
>Want to draw cards at the start of this session but one of our players was gonna be late so we held off
>Fuckin' fine
>He shows up halfway through but we're busy fighting shit so we decide to wait until the end of the session
>Fomorian curses me, hideously deformed
>fuck
>Cleric doesn't have Remove Curse prepared, have to wait until tomorrow to get it taken off
>FUCK
>Get to the end of the session, finally time to draw cards
>oh boy oh boy
>Draw two cards
>First card, get a level 4 fighter who is unwaveringly loyal to me
>Alright, cool
>Second card, "a perfect copy of you, that looks exactly like you, with all your strength and knowledge and items and class levels comes into existence, but their goals and ambitions are in direct conflict with yours"
>"Looks exactly like you"
>So he's also hideously deformed, but I'll be fine tomorrow
>Have officially created a legit Bizarro-Me

This is going to be fucking hilarious. Thank god it didn't copy the Rogue with all his shady connections or the 20-intelligence Wizard.
>>
So as far as I can tell a level 20 Hill Dwarf Barbarian with the 24 Constitution and Tough feat has 348HP.

Can we get higher then this?
>>
File: Bearzerker.jpg (614KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
Bearzerker.jpg
614KB, 1000x773px
>>52868732
>Barbearian
Good fuckin taste, Anon
>>
File: Super_sledge_(Fallout_4).png (25KB, 350x193px) Image search: [Google]
Super_sledge_(Fallout_4).png
25KB, 350x193px
What's your favorite impractical fantasy weapon?

Personally I'm a big fan of Rocket Hammers, though they don't really fit in most d&d settings. Could maybe make an Artificer-themed Eldritch Knight that uses one though.
>>
>>52865624
The BBEG is the last heir of a recently fallen Empire. He wishes to restore the monarchy and unite the area under his banner once more. Mostly does things indirectly through manipulation, infiltration and mercenaries but he´s actually one of the most competent warriors and strongest wizard in the realm and has the support of a pair of dragons (one Green and one Black). It's been a while since the party encountered him and he's currently out of commision as he's gaining Lichdom, after which his methods are going to become more and more direct as he slowly descends into madness.
>>
>>52868770
Boon of Fortitude gives +40HP.
>>
>>52868770
Someone True Polymorphed into Ogremoch from PotA.

Reminder to never try compete with spellcasters.
>>
>>52868760
>Deck of many things
>Ever

The deck of many things is a cancerous item.

It could EITHER have been:
A deck to draw from to give characters goals and ambitions or something to fight against/for/etc, to help decide their fates
OR
A fun item that's a risk to use but could turn an important fight one way or another, or perhaps lead to an unexpected save on an otherwise seemingly impossible mission...

But it turned out to be a mishmash of both and neither and good at no particular thing other than injecting 'lol so randumb' into a campaign.

... That said, that's pretty funny.

>>52868732
>Not being a bear barbarian hill dwarf dex barbarogue with tough and 20 con at level 9 (Every ASI in con)
Step it up senpai
>>
File: 1456902836308.jpg (23KB, 560x354px) Image search: [Google]
1456902836308.jpg
23KB, 560x354px
>>52868732
>entire contribution to the party is to sit there and eat shit while other people are actually doing things
>>
>>52868856
Advantage on all attacks and 16 Strength with GWM. Only other melee character's the Rogue and sometimes the Range.
>>
What is the optimal mix of Champion and Barbarian multiclass?
>>
>>52868878
Honestly I think a single classed Half-Orc Champion is better. Espesilly if you have other party members to help with Advantage or Shield Master for shoves.

The other option is Barb X/Champion 3 and go Battlemaster. Gets you 3 attacks per round with a 19.8% chance of a crit each and pretty huge damage on them all.
>>
>>52868905
Battlerager sorry.
>>
>>52868036
Sometimes, an obviously evil guy is better, isn't it?
A lich is an underused villain this days.
>>
>>52868854
Normally I'd agree with you, but my DM's pretty level-headed and took out pretty much all the no fun allowed cards, like "your soul is sucked the fuck out and locked on another plane until you're rescued." I also think he might have put in a few of his own, I'm not sure, because the doppleganger card that I drew isn't on the official version on 5etools.

Fucking Cleric made out like a bandit, though. A one-time retcon of any event in her lifetime, that she can use any time before she dies. A permanent +2 to any stat, and a Mace of Disruption.
>>
>>52868878
Champion3/Barbarian the rest, grab half-orciness, grab GWM and PAM and sentinel and murder shit.
>>
>>52868248
In seven hours or so.
>>
>>52868933
Huh, yeah, the doppelganger thing wasn't in my memory.

My DM changed it up a bit too, though it didn't have anything like a permanent +2. I'd have to say a permanent +2 can easily be more powerful than a free wish unless we're back in the days when you could wish for higher stats.
>>
>>52863801
Right now the subclasses are themes of mind over body, mind over emotion, mind over matter, mind's eye, mind over mind, and lolknives.

>>52864771
For dealing with aoe spells, you're better off not hugging the paladin so tightly and so avoiding the fireball altogether.
>>52865635
It's almost like there's leaders and strikers.
>>
>>52868934
Now I think about it, responding to my own post, this might be one of the cases you don't 'really' need PAM. You don't get a lot of ASIs, you're not variant human and you crit often enough that you might be able to survive off of GWM's bonus action alone.

This is one of the times you should actually grab GWF though.
>>
Last session two of the sneakier characters in the party were infiltrating and scouting the enemy Fort. The other two players were two miles away keeping watch with a spy glass.
One of these two players decides he's going to go back to town since everyone else can run faster than him. He says nothing in character and just runs away heading south. The two who were infiltrating are pursued out of the keep and met up with the third after running across the fields to the treeline. They decided to head west through the forest.
The player who ran away instantly decides he's going to turn around and run back, having already ran a mile south. I knew he was metagaming and didn't understand why he decided to run away in the first place. Basically he got lost and didn't meet up with the party all session, just ended up wandering around. Was it wrong of me to keep him lost? Or was it wrong of him to metagame after making a stupid decision in the first place?
>>
>>52868952
Permanent +2 is actually one of the base cards, the Star card. The Rogue and the Fighter got fucked hard, though; the Fighter got a permanent -2 penalty to all his saving throws that "only a god or the power of The Fates card can dispel" and all the Rogue's magical items were turned mundane, which really blows because he was using a magical box to send notes to and receive supplies from his alchemist guild on the surface and now it's worthless.
>>
>>52868971
Throw it on the pile of reasons you "Don't split the party". People chant that for a reason, it fucks people over.
>>
>>52868971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ
>>
>>52869003
>>52869022

The party themselves like doing it. If they come across two corridors in a dungeon, two go one way, two go the other. But I don't understand why this guy decided to run away this time even though there was zero mention of heading back to the town.
>>
What sort of bonuses should familiarity give two NPCs? In story, they have been fighting together for 30 years and would probably get some advantages because of how well they know their partners style, I just don't know how to show that mechanically (bard and barbarian, if it matters)
>>
>>52869058
+1 AC but only when fighting the other person
>>
>>52869069
I'm just wondering because I'm worried my players will try to fight them both at the same time, despite NPCs and written warnings for them to avoid fighting them together.
>>
>>52869058
Pack Tactics.
>>
>>52865732
Do you not?
>>
>>52868781
Scythes, double bladed swords, axe blades on the end of lengths of chains, basically anything that involves unrealistic acrobatic flippy nonsense that looks cooler when the business ends of your murder tools are on fire.
>>
>>52869045
Then it's the party's fault. Maybe they don't know any better, but it's a bad idea.
>>
>>52866230
This, really. I made a lore bard for a setting with a mystery dungeon who's schtick was passing off any of my flights of fancy as secret lore of the tower, with the upfront caveat that I won't always be right.
>>
I just recently started playing a LMoP game which in session 1 had 4 players, and in session 2 had 7 players due to some out of game shenanigans, so the DM basically doubled the amount of enemies and it ended in a TPK. 6/7 players in our party were pretty much brand new, and we had rather shitty team composition (1 monk, 3 fighters, 2 rangers, 1 cleric [me]) so did the DM go overkill or should we just have played better/picked different classes?
Our original party of 4 was Fighter, Ranger, Cleric, Wizard, but the wizard quit after session 1.
>>
>>52865599
Why do DMs let their players use Wild Shape, Polymorph, or True Polymorph without the play actually acting like that animal for the time? They should be going off to do bear things, or dragon things. I'm tired of watching Shit DMs let their players use this.
>>
>>52869324
As a Moon Druid I agree. I made my own system and went to the DM with it because I hated knowing every animal as a Moon Druid.

I was allowed to chose 2 from each CR that I auto knew and then others I had to spend downtime learning about. My DM even through some homebrewed beasts my way that were pretty awesome.
>>
File: Encounter multiplier.png (120KB, 467x160px) Image search: [Google]
Encounter multiplier.png
120KB, 467x160px
>>52869309
Yep, that'd be a deadly encounter.
The multiplication of foes also multiplicates the challenge rating.
>>
>>52869324
What are you on about? If they polymorphed into a sentient being like a dragon why the fuck would they suddenly no longer have control?

Same for wildshape, you specifically keep your mental stats.
>>
File: hom.gif (53KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hom.gif
53KB, 480x270px
>>52869344
We sort of went off the system of "if you haven't seen it, you can't transform into it"
>>
>>52869309
Yeah that was too many players and too many enemies, you can't just scale up like that and not have it blow up in your faces. It's not impossible to manage but it is very difficult and dead PCs happen extremely easily.
>>
>>52869324
PHB P.66
"Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast..."
It doesn't say you literally turn into a animal, just that you take the form of one.
>>
>>52869377
That's wildshape, polymorph is a bit different.
>>
>>52869324
Because they keep their mental stats?
You seem to think it's all baleful polymorph
And because you'd be crippling a class just because.
Or do you make all weapons the barbarian wields berzerker weapons too?
>>
>>52869394
...Which doesn't exist anymore.
Huh.
>>
>>52869393
PHB P.266
"This spell transforms a creature that you can see within range into a new form."
It is still just the form, not into the actual creature.
>>
>>52869344
>>52869367
Should this really ever be an issue for a moon druid if you have downtime though?
At level 5, you can summon CR 2 beasts with conjure animal so you can see them and wild shape them.
At level 11 you can cast Conjure Fey, which lets you summon a beast up to CR 6

The only issue seems to be level 9, where you can't turn into any CR 3 you haven't seen, can't cast a spell to see them, or turn into an elemental yet
>>
>>52869393
To add onto this>>52869424
True polymorph is the only one you could make a case for, as it says "Creature into Creature" including mental stats. However, it does retain Alignment and Personality.
>>
>>52867122
Took me much longer than expected to fluff everything out appropriately. Did I miss anything or perhaps leave a gaping hole of problems somewhere?
>>
>>52867105
Wait, he's hiring people to stage an attack on the senate as a pretense to grab power and doublecross these people, but the one's he's hired are planning to attack and doublecross him first, not realizing he is a senator and this is basically what he planned anyway. You have got to let your party in on the irony when you reveal the truth.
>>
>>52865624

I'm running SKT, but I need to come up with a solid game plan for Imryth. Like I know she wants to fuck up the Storm Giants, but to what end? Who does she want in charge of the Giants? Other than nobody, of course.

On a shorter scale, I'm setting up Gug as a personal antagonist to the PCs. I made her the giant that killed one of the PC's old party from his backstory, and I made her influence more prominent in the Nightstone story (the goblins are emboldened by her aggression but took shelter in the caves to avoid the Hill Giants who they believe are coming soon).

I think I'll get Imryth involved earlier so the players will start to learn who she is earlier - she'll take note when Guh is eventually killed.
>>
>>52866813
Nope. It's storytimed here:
>>52861230
>>52861260
>>
Any advice or tips for playing a Cleric?
>>
>>52869570
Deity?
It's rather important.
>>
>>52869577
My friend is homebrewing a dualist faith. I was thinking of going Tempest though, if that helps.
>>
>>52868573
>>52868556
What if the level 9 barbarian jump slammed the beholder for 120d6 damage?
>>
>>52869324
Go back to pathfinder with your "druids should fuck animals" attitude.
>>
>>52869519
Yeah, I need to find a way to make their first plan fail without it seeming rigged. Just so they can be branded terrorists and enemies of the state, in addition to having even more reason to want him dead.
>>
>>52869551
"Oh shit, the storm giant king has a throne that shoots lasers from mounted dragon skulls, I want that shit in my trove. Let's do a coup.
Well now that's done, I want to see how long I can keep this mess going.
Holy shit, the All-Father actually broke the ordning, the absolute madman."
>>
>>52866135
>>
>>52869570
>>52869604
Spiritual Weapon doesn't cost concentration.
Only heal with healing word and only heal when you friend are down.
Animate dead is free.
>>
>>52869555
Jesus fucking christ, that's brutal. Totally going to use it on a dragon in my campaign.
>>
>>52869509
Spelling errors aside, that doesn't look half bad.

I do feel like the HP pool is winky. You can start off with a ton of dice, but still only get 1d8 +con per level. It feels like youd start with a large HP pool, and then see very small changes to it after level 1.
>>
>>52869424
The related part is
> The target's game Statistics, including mental Ability Scores, are replaced by the Statistics of the chosen beast. It retains its alignment and personality.
>>
> 2017
> People still didn't knew that True Polymorph also replace your spell casting class feature
>>
How long is too long a backstory?
Is two pages two long?
>>
>>52869344
Not relevant.
>>52869365
Wrong 100%
>>52869377
Wrong.
>>52869394
Wronger.
>>52869679
You first.
>>
>>52869945
Too long. At most 1-2 paragraph.

Do you think other players actually care about your backstory beyond their main personality traits and flaw?
>>
>>52869965
It's for the DM.
The other players have already expressed interest though.
>>
>>52869957
He's right about wild shape though?

> Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores

It's right there in the text. Do you even bother reading PHB?
>>
>>52869809
>tfw my party calls me a munchkin because the majority of the time I heal in combat, its a healing word to get someone up
>>
>>52869945
Depends on the GM and the game in question.

A dungeon crawl one shot? A paragraf at most.

A 1 to 20 role-playing campaign? I would prefer 1 to 2 pages, detailing your upbringing and past relationships and families, and especially what set you on the road as the chosen class.

Tomb of horrors? Don't even bother.
>>
>>52869957
>Wronger.
Wildshape:
While you are transformed, the following rules apply:

>• Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature's bonus instead of yours. If the creature has any legendary or lair actions, you can't use them.

Dummy.

I'll admit to never having read polymorph before though,
none of my players ever rolled a druid nor have I played one.
>>
>>52869978
Do you know how many stuff DM already has to go through? Do you want to increase his workload so you can have your little special snowflake?

The only right way to make a background story is turning it into a group exercise and building it together with everyone.
>>
>>52869965
Backstories are almost never for the other players, just the DM. Though I've had a group or two where we've written short stories that explains the general reason they went out adventuring in the first place, those were pretty fun.
>>
>>52870006
But anon.. Wizard, Sorcerer and Bard has polymorph
>>
>>52869945
>>52869978
I wouldn't mind a two page story if it was a good read, but I don't think my players are going to give me a two page story that's a good read
>>
>>52869935
Who cares, just cast contingency dispel on yourself beforehand.
>>
>>52870015
I can already guess most players 2 pages worth of backstory

> how special he was during childhood
> how his parents died
> how he become super cool and edgy lonewolf person after that
>>
>>52870007
Shit GM detected.

Main GM here, I detest players who have no idea what their backstory is, and I award all kinds of shit to people who care about their character, ans are not just making a meme tier thrash character, that has 0 personality or thought out into them.
>>
>>52870003
1 to 15+.
And that was the idea.
How he came to be and what family and friends he has and where are they/ what are they doing.
>>52870007
He asked for it, and he has had siblings of other characters show up and help, the sword of a character's mother's sword surface in the hand of a villain (who was promptly stabbed in the eye in a duel).
>>52870033
Dunno.
>Be half elf.
>Dad is old adventurer and dies peacefully.
>Mom leaves before he dies because she can't take seeing him like that.
>Goes to live with wizard friend of dad.
>Studies religion and magic along said wizard's daughter.
>leaves after wizard dies saying goodbye to his "sister" and keeps mail contact.

That is the shortest I can make it, but it says very little about him, his sister, what happened to his mother, etc.
>>
>>52869945
Four months in, two of my six players have given me their backstories and one is working on it.
Paladin wrote a whole page detailing his youth and how he killed his family and set out on his quest.
The cleric of Lolth wrote about a postcard's worth of text, mostly detailing the cleric training and family stuff.
Monk showed me the first draft of his weeb power fantasy, where he got tired of all the murdering in his super cool secret monk-assassin sect and hunted the other monks down solo. Even the grandmaster and then he got a cool edgy nickname.
>>
>>52870014
The bard never picked it, and my players have hard-ons for warlocks. One said that if his warlock dies he'll play a druid, but who knows, that may be next session.
It probably will be.
>>52870110
The cleric of Lolth being the tamest sounds weird.
How does your player's party work as a group?
>>
File: fw2Dnss.jpg (38KB, 852x555px) Image search: [Google]
fw2Dnss.jpg
38KB, 852x555px
Is level 2 too early to introduce an evil overlord who threatens to invade an otherwise peaceful kingdom?
>>
>>52870132
Warlock has polymorph invocation too
>>
>>52870091
> no parent figure left
> "totally not love interest XD"
edgy PC detected.
>>
>>52870138
Depends if you want it to be some big reveal later, or if you want the PCs to know who their target is and work towards it. Either is fine really
>>
>>52870082
This.
If you show up to the first session with 0 backstory, chances are I'll kick you from the group after the first or second session if it turns out it wasn't just a fluke or you prepare a backstory in some different way.

People who can't create characters are terrible at playing characters.
>>
>>52870138
No. It makes him a constant threat they have to work around, because they cannot deal with him yet
>>
>>52870157
Edgy is an attitude. It's part of your personality, not part of your past. Not that you'd know anything about personality.
>>
I just rolled a Rogue Dwarf with:
Str 11
Dex 14
Con 10
Int 5
Wis 8
Cha 13

It's an evil campaign. What should his evil ambition be?
>>
>>52870082
Long backstory doesn't guarantee that it won't be meme tier character. Actually you're more likely to get a shit tier backstory fill with edge and stupid troves, just look at roll20 application.
>>
>>52870138
Unless you want them to get to blows instantly, no.
>>52870143
I'll text Mark and tell him he is boring.
>>52870157
Why can't a half elf in his 40 just outlive old people? Also, people can have family without wanting to bone them.
>>52870185
>>52870082
As some sort of "skeleton draft" how's this?
>>52870091
>>
>>52870138
Never too early, but I think it'd be great if it's extremely distant. Like, North Korea distant. You hear bad things, but it doesn't affect your daily life. Keep adding fluff about distant countries being invaded.

Then they start preparing intercontinental missiles/doomsday spell and suddenly everyone is worried.
>>
>>52870206
> half-elf
> has elf in name
> not wanting to immediately bone human and being bone by orc

what are you even doing with your life?
>>
>>52870206
>As some sort of "skeleton draft" how's this
Acceptable as a draft. I'd want it a bit more fleshed out, and note that thr less information you give, the more I will add. Leaving things open ended means giving the GM the reins.
>>
>>52870198
Steal back your treasury which was wrongfully taken from you by a corrupt dwarf lord.
Then you can scratch off that grudge from your book of grudges.
>>
>>52870176
>>52870190
>>52870206
>>52870220
My plan is to initially have it be rumours and scouts that went missing in uncharted lands. Later down the line, a messenger is sent to the kingdom to give them the choice of surrender or death. The king will refuse to surrender his kingdom so the overlord sends his armies of mass destruction
Where the party fits in in all this will depend on them but if they choose to flee to another kingdom, the cycle will just repeat itself minus the uncharted lands part
>>
>>52870269
I plan on adding the sister's job, home and workplace and some description of his education and upbringing, like how and why he insists on being as elven as possible yet his name makes little sense in elven, and why is he adventuring. Maybe have the mother have a moonblade? I'd like the sound of it, but beyond flavor he wouldn't even wield it if he somehow got it.
>>
>>52870198
You have an entire book full of grudges. Time for revenge.
>>
>>52870309
>>52870198
I guess I should've given m ore detail.
The setting is that the world is a utopia. Even Drow's and Orc's have been turned good. the party are the only evil people born in like 1000 years, and our goal, as far as I know, is to just fuck shit up.

My one buddy suggested that my character is so dumb that he thinks he's good and everyone else is evil, so he goes around raping and killing and calls himself a hero.
>>
>>52870132
>How does your player's party work as a group?
Good enough. The paladin and cleric hate each other but they both know the value of teamwork.
And the campaign started with them getting thrown into another unknown world where they need to work together to get back home.
>>
>>52870376
What your buddy suggested is very hard to pull off, but you're welcome to try it.
If he's an evil dwarf rogue then just make it easy: he's an old greedy dwarf who wants all of the treasure in the world in his own private vault so he will steal it all gold piece by gold piece.
>>
>>52869555
Now THAT is how you remove dragon. So satisfying to see a psychotic evil dragon get what she deserves. And deserves every fluid ounce of it.
>>
>>52870457
I guess.
It's just that the 5 int make me incredulous of him ever having a good idea, like that. I guess it's not hard to be greedy, tho.
>>
>>52870476
Animals cap out at 5 int.

Can you even speak a language at 5 int?
>>
>>52869918
Yeah I just re-read that
I suck cocks
>>
>>52870471
Why are you guys all so happy about this? What he did was really fucked up
>>
File: didntprotectathing.jpg (114KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
didntprotectathing.jpg
114KB, 640x955px
>>52865624
The only villains at my table are the party.
They busted a small protection racket by murdering half the town guard and setting multiple critical buildings (which employed many people in the community) on fire. Now the merchants (who are almost all irredeemable shits to begin with) don't have to pay their protection money, but half of 'em are out of business, a tenth of the population lost their job or jobs servicing those who lost their jobs, crime is up, the city has no defenses, and the town well is poisoned because the party dumped the jackass tanner's chemicals into the water supply while they were ransacking his shit to teach him a lesson.
>>
>>52870610
Black Dragons are really hated in this place.
>>
>>52870550
There's no real relation to intellect and understanding a language. See familiars, they can understand commands with shitty intellect.
>>
>>52870550
I believe 3 int is the language barrier.
>>
File: blackdragons.png (3MB, 1200x1236px) Image search: [Google]
blackdragons.png
3MB, 1200x1236px
>>52870610
Psst, Luca Turilli, black dragons are hideously evil and spray acid everywhere.
>>
>>52870610
Murdering like 20 people just to hurt the PCs will make them a lot less sympathetic. Plus he offered her mercy and she refused it.
>>
>>52870687
Let them fly high and regain their past.
>>
>>52870610
She was a boss too hard for them to beat and they inventively beat her anyway. Then the rogue and paladin offered to spare her and she tried to kill them. She had it coming.

Bonus points for doing it in style and blasting her all over the marsh.
>>
>>52870476
With 5 int just rape and kill everyone you see
>>
>>52866363
too late, fuck.
>>
>>52865858
>>52866363
Plot twist!
>>
>there are people who think making a bow is simpler than making a cannon.
>>
I asked last night but didn't get much help. I need advice on how to do a 1 or 2 level dip a dex/wis fighter to be the champion of a god and I'm trying to decide between war cleric, paladin, and warlock (my DM can swing this). I'm mostly looking for a way to get a bit of consistent radiant damage so I'm doing one of these in addition to trying to pick up an item of divine favor.
>>
>>52870943
making gunpowder requires significant industry and knowledge of chemistry, making a bow, specially composite ones, is no easy task but at least can be done with good wood and some cured animal parts. it's not like you need to mine for ore, mine for sulphur, harvest and treat saltpeter, get good enough furnaces to smelt the shit up, etc.
>>
>>52870943
It depends a lot on how you define simple.
If it's "easy" then casting iron should be simpler.
usually the problem is getting enough iron in the first place.
>>
>>52869509

what the fuck is this supposed to be?
a guideline for npcs, a reversed engineered source for MM dragons or a god forbid, playable race/class?

i can't understand why would you make this and how would you use it, instead of just using the MM dragons and giving them PC levels as needed.
>>
>>52871041
A dragon PC race, he is been very direct about it.
>>
>>52870983
I'm talking about a cannon, not gunpowder.

>>52870990
>>52870983
Documented cases of wooden cannons.
You just need a log.

Though they didn't last too long, but that was also an issue with not properly cleaning the gun which also caused it to swell.

Any way, it literally works and fits the definition.
>>
File: immortality.png (42KB, 589x378px) Image search: [Google]
immortality.png
42KB, 589x378px
>>52865624
About as simple as they come.
>>
lads, how ofted do new UA's come out?
>>
>>52871041
Haven't played a Dragon party before, I see.

Did it long ago, 2nd edition I think. The players got a Dragon that would grow during the campaign. It was pretty cool being on the other side of the fence for once, and fighting adventurers was a blast, especially at low levels, where those +3 magic item totting murderhobos would skullfuck us if they got the chance.

I was tempted to give that homebrew a chance, but unfortunately the rules doesn't really look satisfying to me. I feel like a party of 5 would very quickly feel samey, the difference in your chosen type doesn't matter much, and you lack truly diversing options to set you apart from each other.

4/10 - has potential, could be a fun solo/duo campaign, but falls apart the moment you have 4+ players.
>>
>>52871131
I'd argue it's more complex than cast-iron cannons, and worse to get working than a bow.
>>
>>52871058
...why

it's grossly overpowered, even compared to stupid dandwiki homebrew bullshit. it's so overpowered it trivializes pretty much every other class in the game. four saving throws, extra attack 2, innate spellcasting, legendary actions, legendary resistances, 60 fly speed and blindsight 10 from the get go, etc.

is the whole party supposed to be ridiculously overpowered to the point no normal encounter and all the expected balance in the game is pointless?

just give them adult dragons at that point and let them burn whichever town they want... fucking retarded.
>>
>>52871253
See
>>52871239
>>
>>52871253
He said it's for a high powered full dragon party.
>>
>>52871270
>>52871273
why 5e then?
i'm sure there's other systems better suited to this kind of shit, where it literally doesn't matter your decisions and all you have to do is steamroll the opposition. you are better starting from scratch because nothing at all written on the books works for you at that point.

i honestly confuses me greatly.
>>
>>52871317
Because it's an easy to homebrew system?
I'd do something like this to play a Dragon-Giant War campaign too.
>>
>>52871253
>Stop having badwrongfun!
You know you can scale up encounters to match it, right?

You sont be fighting kobolds here. You'd be fighting groups of Ogres at level 1, and then slowly work your way up the ladder.

Dragons have a ton of in-fighting.

Adventurers. Remember all the dragons your adventurers have killed? There you go. More adversaries.

But yeah, go burn down a few villages, then have fun once a party of 5 level 15 adventurers decked out in magic gear finds you, singles you out when hit allies aren't nearby, kills you, and makes nice boots out of your ass.
>>
File: yr4jT84.jpg (177KB, 1682x2198px) Image search: [Google]
yr4jT84.jpg
177KB, 1682x2198px
>>52871317
>>
>>52871365
>burn down a few villages
>not acting as their patron and guardian
>not slowly manipulating events to increase your standing and their debt to you
>not becoming the power behind the throne of a massive empire
Red pls go
>>
>>52871317
They're planning to run a Council of Wyrms game and want to update it from 2e?
>>
>>52871467
https://strawpoll.com/rb3aag1

>impying anyone wants to play Council of Wyrms
>>
>>52871426
>being a green bitchboi
Have fun having your mate stolen by a real alpha like me. Then you can go cry on here about how you are enlightened by your intelligence and how all other dragons are so inferior to you, while you desperately masturbate to the thought of me fucking your lifemate unconscious.

I'm LMAOing at your life, pathetic green cuck(quean).
>>
How do you deal with 3 of your players bullying the fourth?
>>
>>52871505
Says the purse-to-be.
Blues are where's at.
>>
>>52870610
It's a combination of >>52870627 >>52870703 and >>52870857.

Chromatics in general are mean, blacks are horrible, and she was bad even for a black.

The players had personal reasons to hate her too--killing their friends in the village and torturing them. But despite all that, they were still ready to let her live. The fact that she decided to try and kill the paladin instead is classic black shittery.

Plus it's just plain awesome. Come on, he made her explode with Dust of Dryness. And she felt EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of it! Talk about payback.
>>
>>52871365
i love the term badwrongfun but yeah, will you be giving out exp or is it going to be 100% event based?

you honestly can't use the normal exp progression because as you said, you need to scale every up considerably so CR and encounter difficulty is all meaningless. if your party enjoy steamrolling everything, power to you, but if you want to have meaningful encounters that aren't trivialized by their superior firepower, you'd need a metric ton of additional muscle at which point everything just grinds to a halt.

also pretty much all of the social interactions and the exploration (you know, the three pillars and shit) has to be reworked from scratch because you are now a force of nature and not a mere mortal trying to make a name for itself.

one of the things i like about 5e is how no matter how strong a PC looks from the outside, it always has some exploitable weakness. be it social interactions or traps because he dumped all his mental stats, or just the way the saving throw vs ac system works. if you have 20 ac fighter being unkillable through attack rolls, you can always get him to do dexterity or intelligence/charisma saving throws, if you have a force of nature barbarian with a thousand health, you can always crown of madness him and make it a liability. it makes combat unpredictable and gives you room to get reactions out of your players.

their decisions matter only matter if they can fail, otherwise it's just a theme park attraction, you hop in and wait until you end.

i'll stop being autistic now, sorry for the sperg.
>>
>>52871519
Join in with the bullying
How are they bullying them?
>>
>>52871534
Say that to my face and not online. I'll crush you like an insect and make you my sex slave if you're cute and kill you if you're not.
Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm at the mountain with a big hole in it halfway down. Come fight me if you're not a wimpy faggot.
>>
>>52869555
but dust of dryness doesn't work like that
>>
>>52871519
How and why are they bullying them?
>>
>>52871624
They won't let him have loot, don't trust his characters, one if them molested him when he was unconscious and now they've left his character behind and he's lost.

>>52871719
They just don't like him as a person and think its funny when he gets mad.
>>
>>52871784
Why are they all playing together?
>>
>>52871861
I think they want to keep him around to get a laugh out of him. He's been playing with us for about 2 years
>>
>>52871784
is this an open table? they sound like horrible people that shouldn't have fake power in a fake universe' game.

people have to agree to basic human interactions even if they are strangers, you can just tell them this is not ok and if they want to continue they have to behave.
>>
>>52870943
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLoukoBs8TE
>two trees and a rock stuck in a stick
>>
>>52871950
>Willingly go back to a place you get bullied at over and over
maybe he gets off on it
>>
>>52871601
This pretty much summarizes all the major points. That answer your question, >>52870610?

>>52871640
Yeah, he found that out later. Apparently both he and the DM had the same misconception.
>>
>>52871981
We all knew eachother from high school and were friends before we started playing

>>52871984
It seems that way. He's spent sessions basically just sitting and shouting about stuff he's reading or watching YouTube on his tablet.
>>
How the fuck do I make a bbeg?
I'm doing an East vs West continent setting, postwar, mages are hunted unless they are state sponsored. All my players rolled with chaotic neutral/evil aligned characters. I haven't had a single fucking good aligned character with this group in a year at least. I can explain more setting but idk how to set up a bbeg. Their current quest is to infiltrate enemy territory and steal inventors/alchemists, and so far the only interesting party member is a lawful evil paladin of bane that uses his spiked belt with holy symbol on it to kill his enemies.
>>
>>52872065
>All my players rolled with chaotic neutral/evil aligned characters
Campaign's over before it began.
>>
>>52872077
Don't forget
>mages are hunted unless they are state sponsored
Has literally anyone ever pulled this off? No.
>>
>>52872065
You either have someone good trying to stop the party or have someone evil who is competing with them.
>>
>>52872065
You're DMing for the BBEGs.
You need a Big Awesome Good Guy to put an end to their heinous shit.
>>
>>52872077
It can work, but it's the kind of stuff you have to plan for.
>>
>>52872065
So do they've just go around murdering things? Sounds like you need a BGG instead.
>>
I am completely new, is there an IRC/Discord/something where I can ask a bunch of quick short questions? Read the player handbook and now I'm making a character. For example, one question is that a paladin has the following for hit die at levels beyond 1
>Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d10 (or 6) + your Constitution modifier per paladin level after 1st
Does this mean I have the choice between a d10 and a d6 or something?
>>
How do I make a Red Mage?

Half-Elf (with elven weapon training) + New favored soul?

Dual Cast / Fast Cast seem to be Red Mage specialization, so quicken spell is a must (and I can also use it for pseudo extra attack).
>>
>>52872146
You have a choice between d10 or the literal value of six(6).
6 is the (rounded up) average of d10. You can either take your luck, or take the average.
>>
>>52872146
It means that if you're rolling for hit points, you roll a d10. If you're "taking the average", you just get 6. There is no d6 involved.

A lot of the damage values you'll see for hit die and monster attacks will give a rolled value and an average value afterwards, for those who don't like the swinginess of large die or just want to speed up combat by taking averages of everything.
>>
>>52872170
>>52872173
Oh god, I was so focused on the idea of dice I forgot about the option of "flat value". Thanks
>>
>>52872153
Bladesinger/Valor Bard?
>>
File: Raistlin.jpg (31KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
Raistlin.jpg
31KB, 300x402px
>>52872088
Never ever.
>>
>>52872077
Even worse, one player always plays characters with an "internal struggle" always rps power hungry retards.
>>52872088
Most western branches of mages collective and college of mystics sat out of the last great war, but mages were participating heavily on the Eastern side of the war, leading to a bitter resentment of traditional mages in western areas. So much that people turn a blind eye to murder of an innocent mage, because it cost the west a lot of resources and lives. Clerics, paladins, preists are all fine though, as they stood together on the western fronts. Ergo state sponsored associations (bards, clerics etc) are fine if you have the appropriate symbols.
>>52872108
I might have that work out, as despite me telling them the setting, 3 out of 4 rolled straight up mages or mystics.
>>
>>52871982
yeah, this looks like enough to hunt small game, and he just said bow, not even counting the arrows.

i mean, people've been using bows for thousands of years, not so much can be said about cannons.
>>
>>52872230
>despite me telling them the setting, 3 out of 4 rolled straight up mages or mystics
If you have them hunted because they're mages, you are letting them cast their adversary as a BBEG, not a BAGG. This isn't them being brought to justice for being douchebags, it's persecution by the magist elite.

Don't send some kind of mage-hunter or central authority shitkicker after them. You need a paragon of virtue who would HELP a mage in need rather than slap 'em in irons. They need to know all of the shit that's coming to them results from their actions, not their existence.
>>
>>52870471
>deserves every fluid ounce of it.
See that makes it sound dirty.
>>
>>52865624
A cult is trying to bring their archdevil lord to the material plane to form a new world order.
>>
>>52872260
>he's never heard about how the Red Man's primitive tree-cannons successfully repulsed the British invaders' armies of high-tech longbowmen
>>
>>52872471
Which one!
>>52872477
That's utterly irrelevant to everything.
Its was a short discussion about ease of fabrication of the weapon, not ammo and propellants, nor use.
>>
>>52872088
Let's just forget Dragonlance exists
>>
>>52869157
I haven't had a chance to, we're still setting up.
>>
>>52865624
I am in 4 campaing right now, 2 in wich I am GM, and 2 in wich I am a PC.
GM:
>A god that wants to see humankind on his feet as undead servants
>A beholder lich that rules the Underdark
PC:
>We dont know yet, but it is a SKT game so you lot probably know more than us
>Not even D&D: the irish fomorians
>>
>>52872477
what's this or give me some source that matters.

bows have been in use for at least 10000 years, i don't know what you talk about but it's regardless not relevant to my statement.
>>
When is the new AU out?
>>
>>52872495
Baalzebul.
>>
>>52872511
I don't think anyone's going to have a problem with that.
>>
>>52872537
>there are geniuses who read greentext and don't assume it's sarcasm
>>
>>52872552
It is usually noonish EST, correct?

So anytime from now until 3 hours from now.

Or no UA at all.
>>
File: RingofStorms.jpg (182KB, 707x460px) Image search: [Google]
RingofStorms.jpg
182KB, 707x460px
How would a lizardfolk react to a dragonborn paladin in his party?

How would a lizardfolk react to a draconic sorcerer?
>>
>>52872591
but i honestly have no idea what you speak of.
>>
>>52872635
>Or no UA at all.
Think this is the last weekly one, then we go back to monthly release
>>
>>52872642
The same way lizardfolk react to anything:
>Can I eat this?
>>
>>52872653
I was poking fun at the people who think cannons are easier than bows, because otherwise we'd have human history start with a buncha primitive fuckers utilizing cannon technology before they wise up and develop "superior bows"
>>
File: roPdPBd.gif (2MB, 350x242px) Image search: [Google]
roPdPBd.gif
2MB, 350x242px
>>52872654
Did not know this.

No Mearls tweets though, awfully quiet on the western front
>>
New thread >>52872822
>>52872822
>>52872822
>>52872822
>>
>>52872681
well that's a roundabout way to go about it, sorry english is not my first language but i honestly couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. peace, brother.
>>
>>52866698
UA CLASS SPECIFIC FEATS.

Things like:

Golden core (required class: Monk)
-Your diligent practice of martial arts put you above your peers in terms of quality by forming the golden pellet.
-You gain a +1 to AC.
-You gain additional Ki points equal to half your monk level.

Warding Rituals (required class Ranger, Paladin or Cleric)
-You gain a special set of rituals meant to affect an area of significant size (up to 1000ft squares).
-You may expend 1 minute inscribing magical symbols on at corners of a specified area and work the following magics:
- Blessed Grounds - Undead creatures stepping into the borders of this area have their speed halved, make saving throws with disadvantage, undead creatures who spend more than 1h within a day in that area take 1d8 radiant damage.
-Firemans ward - Flamable materials within this area won't be set on fire through non magical means for 8 hours, all creatures within the area have advantage on saving throws against attacks that deal fire damage and the fire damage they take is reduced by 2 points....

Etc.
Basically flavourfull stuff is needed.
>>
>>52866758
Divination has the fewest spells, and there are so many cool ones they could put in. I want fuckin Prying Eyes
>>
UA just dropped:

://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/feats-races
>>
>>52867971
>This is what I want to do, but as soon as I do this, and a regularly ol' burly guy grapples someone, players are going to ask "can't I just cut off his arm?" because I've just slipped body part damage into 5e, which is just all sorts of NO.
The answer to that question is no. A big burly dude isn't holding you at maximum distance away just by your shoulders to 'grapple' you but is doing one of many different kinds of holds, not limited to just hugging your arms to your sides. An octopus on the other hand, at fifteen feet away, is just wrapping you up like a fukkin pokemon so it presents a big target.
>>
>>52872495
If you have no ammo and no propellants, you don't have a cannon. You have a hollow tube.

>>52872477
All this and more in the great game of Civilization
Thread posts: 441
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.