[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 50

File: Evil_Alchemist_by_FStitz.jpg (130KB, 799x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Evil_Alchemist_by_FStitz.jpg
130KB, 799x1123px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Poisons! What kind of poisons have you ran into during your travels? What's a good way to counteract them? What's a good way to make the obvious counteraction not work but feel like you're just just dicking your players around?

Bonus: Venoms!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj
>>
Old thread got purged.

Maybe we shouldn't fuck this one up?
>>
The last of the Threadhicans
>>
Kyras is compelling and attractive.
>>
man ya'll need to chill
>>
>>52865582
Poison is the classic "Minor annoyance for an enemy that's going to die in a few turns anyway, massive problem for a player" mechanics that's difficult to get around up until one of your players can restore ability score damage reliably.

There's also the issue of poisons being incredibly expensive to procure, and builds that can use them effectively are few and far between. A friend of mine told me about a build he made that revolved around poisons that could bring a Giant down to single digit Con or Str in about 5 rounds with high rolls (the giant also needed to make 2 consecutive saves to stop the pain, which becomes impossible after a certain point without 2 Nat 20s), but the poison required to do it was 1000 gp even with cost reductions.
>>
For some reason, one player in my group refuses to tell us what class he's playing because he says it'll ruin his character's personal story arc. The only one who knows is the GM. So far it seems really annoying, but my GM is going along with it anyway. Has anyone else been in this situation? How did it turn out?
>>
A bit late but at thank god we don't have to wait all night for that one to drop.
>>
This has gotten way out of hand. Everyone just calm down and talk about actual pathfinder, being careful not to get us banned.
>>
>>52865738
I still have no clue what our Oracle's curse is.
>>
>>52865738
This is the wrong way to approach these sorts of situations, in my opinion. He should be completely transparent about what his character is so that you all can play into the idea. If he doesn't let you know, how are you supposed to help him shine?
>>
>>52865738
Oh what's the worst that could happen, a necromancer disguised as a merchant? They'll leave you with nothing but bones either way, don't worry about it.
>>
>>52865550
>but choosing man!Seiba for art is a mistake- because I wind up seeing Seiba and not his character.
That was actually just placeholder art. If I get picked I plan to commission someone to draw something unique for Allanz. And if I don't then...
>>
>>52865113
>>52865010
Same, I made my application but I'm starting to wonder if I should start from scratch since there seem to be a lot of other knightly-type characters (I mostly just skimmed through applications before I made mine). Also, wondering if maybe the character isn't quite lewd enough. The GM said to focus character over lewd, but since lewd -is- a thing I wonder if maybe he's a little too unlewd, if that makes sense.

That said, I do actually like the concept i built the character under; That of a bad guy whose fighting for technically good reasons and still holds a certain moral code so he doesn't cross -too- far over the line. So I'm scratching my head, wondering what I should do.

If it's not obvious, my application was with Alfred.
>>
>>52865738
thats rather annoying
>>
File: 1492818735026.jpg (412KB, 1864x3263px) Image search: [Google]
1492818735026.jpg
412KB, 1864x3263px
I asked this in the last thread, but it's gone now so I figured I'd ask again. I'm looking to play a necromancer in an upcoming campaign but I'd really like to keep the fact that I'm a necromancer from the group. My GM already gave me a thumbs up on the idea, but I'm not really sure how to make it work, both mechanically and from a roleplaying perspective.

The character is essentially a harmless wandering merchant. His combat stats aren't particularly great, which is why he needs bodyguards. That's where the necromancy would come in, ideally. He's lawful evil, but not really in such a way that it would be apparent to anyone who wasn't paying very close attention to him.

So... any ideas? Suggestions? Advice? I can tell you more about the character if you need me to I just already feel like I'm rambling and I don't want to bore you guys.

Also, not entirely related but has appraise ever been useful for any of you? Ever? It seems like the sort of skill this character should have but I don't want to waste the points if it's not worth anything.
>>
>>52865713
That's comforting to hear, considering how people reacted when his "under-the-helmet" art got leaked.
>>
>>52865781
fucking hell that was funny
>>
File: flanking.jpg (130KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
flanking.jpg
130KB, 600x600px
Pretend the Fighter in this image is one square further to the left, and wielding a reach weapon.

Does the Rogue (using non-reach normal weapons) have any position they can flank from? It seems not to me. I found the Polearm Master archetype, but that still doesn't solve the problem completely until Level 9. Best just not to use a reach weapon if you're working with a Rogue?
>>
>>52865738
>>52865768
>>52865779

why do i feel like this is connected?
>>
>>52865762
Not him but my group doesn't share sheets. We still tell each other what we can do, but it helps hide stuff like, say, the Sanguine bloodline ability that lets you drink blood from corpses to heal yourself. No one knows what the sorcerer is doing when he goes into another room and comes back healed to full.

A small amount is okay, I think. A different game we had an evil rogue in the same party as a paladin and he never knew, due to how he played his character.

I'd be pretty interested in the kind of stuff this guy's character is doing.
>>
I want to play a game where you have to pick from monster races That have obviously been buffed up to Aasimar-tier and have to save the world from a horrible abomination... because the humans have gotten too lazy to do it.

>>52865731
This is personally why I'm trying to figure out how to make DoTs hurt on enemies but less painful on players, and how to fit them into the existing game. My first thought was "ramping" up DoTs, that get MUCH worse after the first turn if you can't take care of them, but that's too punishing for player who are supposed to be more durable than their enemies. Giving those abilities to players though, that might potentially work... if the best solution wasn't always picking up a greatsword and going to town with a barbarian
>>
>>52865774

I mean, in theory if your app is good enough it shouldn't matter. But there are a ton of knights, basically every single one.
>>
>>52865796

These two:
>>52865779
>>52865768

Probably are, since one of them was me and the other guy is likely referring to the post I made in the last thread.

That said, my group knows I'm planning on playing an oracle so I don't think I'm quite as bad as the guy in the other post.
>>
>>52865796
Nah, the guy who I'm talking about is a first-time player.
>>
>>52865779
Wrap the skeletons in straw and cloth and say that they're cheap, expendable golems you made.
>>
>>52865774
He said no more than 50% lewd

50% is a lot, really
>>
>>52865823
will work right until 'detect evil' gets cast
>>
File: 1459928586259.jpg (111KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
1459928586259.jpg
111KB, 531x800px
I'm looking for input on things for a custom setting I'm doing. It's a weird one.
Some of you will remember this, and a few were interested in playing a potential game of it or just having the setting to use.

Setting doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11tkCFeZG87N0PvPymTw8gfg7C4zvv_4_mTfGl0O_FIs/edit?usp=sharing
Short version of what's on there:
>Future-Earth after humans were wiped out and robots lost all electronic data
>Robot population recovers, know about their creators from books ONLY
>Robots believe insane things about the abilities of humans, and think they have afterlives + connection to God robots don't have

>Robots find out they're going to fucking die soon and turn religious, start turning to human-based ideas to connect to the divine
>Robots make NEW humans, the 1st generation, then assume they made them wrong and raised them too soft, because they're not special
>Robots make NEW AND BETTER humans, the 2nd generation, with all kinds of variants and special powers, trying to find the "Canonical Human"

>Players play as the 2nd generation human kids
>They've reached the age (15) to be dumped into the fearsome savage survival zone on the moon, full of monsters
>They must form human nations, start wars, kill other nations, claim artifacts, and demonstrate their supremacy at being humans
>under supervision of evil-seeming robots that secretly love them more than anyone can know

I need help with 2 things.
1) "Humanfinder" is a fucking lame ass name, please suggest a new one
2) The game will have made-up races (but otherwise Pathfinder content), and I've only thought-up 5 basic ideas (not even statblocks). Please pitch your ideas for "human" freak races that the robots would want to make!

Balance point will probably be slightly above default Pathfinder races, if anything.
>>
>>52865830
"These golems are powered by the cruel murder of small, cute animals. It's kind of gross, but it doesn't actually hurt anybody"
>>
>>52865781
I'd like to get under more than just his helmet
>>
>>52865841
Deathwatch, detect undead?
>>
File: LISTEN HERE.jpg (40KB, 520x718px) Image search: [Google]
LISTEN HERE.jpg
40KB, 520x718px
Anyone else not really able to play evil characters? I just have a hard time being able to come up with backstories and personalities that are consistently dickheads or otherwise evil. What are some good ways to bridge the gap between someone who's altruistic and someone who's not?
>>
>>52865779
Tell the rest of your party out-of-character that this is what you plan on doing with your character, that way you can make it a sort of game between the lot of you (or a running joke depending on your party) that nobody knows what your deal is from an in-character perspective and then when the time is right you can make a big ol' reveal.

>>52865802
Personally if you're looking to do such a thing I'd take a page from Pokemon and look into either doing percentage-based DoTs or one that increases in damage over the course of the effect. If your players are equipped with items that can alleviate this condition they can stop the effect before it gets too bad but more likely than not their enemies will not have the same means of recovery on hand. If you want to introduce such an item simply inform your players beforehand that this kind of thing is available in addition to what is normally available in the stores and may come up in combat against them, so they should be prepared.
>>
>>52865867
I implied that my app for HV #2 had raped some servant girls, but after rejection I thought it over and realized that not only was that unnecessary, he would have been a stronger character if he'd had a stable relationship with a maid or something.
>>
>>52865830
>"Why are those golems showing up as evil on my radar?"
>"Why, my good sir, that's because I've got some /devilishly/ good deals on their material!"
>"Devilishly... good?"
>"Why yes, I got the hay and straw from a town that was recently released from demonic rule."
>"That doesn't explain anything."
>"The farmers there were wanting to sell off as much of their stuff as they could! It ended up demonically tainted."
>"Demonically tainted hay?"
>"Yes sir, it's harmless though."
>>
Okay, serious question.

Is there any reason why an android from Numeria couldn't be a Druid? I've been toying with the idea of an android who's absolutely in love with nature and has a cool pet panther, despite being sterile and artificial themselves- and wants to find a way to become part of the living world.
>>
>>52865867
Intense personal grudges against people who are kind of assholes but aren't actually evil.

Like, think of that one girl who made your life in high school awful. Now imagine she was also volunteering at a homeless shelter at the same time. Would that stop you from wanting to punch her face in?
>>
>>52865898
How about a cleric with Deathwatch
>>
>>52865804
Every single [male]

>>52865836
In Pursuit of God's Likeness.

>>52865867
Evil characters != retarded dickhead characters who are capital C Chessy. Anyone who wants to take over a nation to run it better as an autocrat of some sort is Lawful Evil. It doesn't matter if you have 60 INT, you're Evil for doing so, and your intentions don't matter either. Littlefinger is Neutral Evil or Lawful Evil depending on how you look at him. Most raiding types are Chaotic Evil. Evil characters don't necessarily lack connections or friends and they don't need to be kicking puppies every ten seconds or risk Ascending, they can just act naturally
>>
>>52865836
Are those starsign-satellites controlled by petty AI that alter conditions down on the battlegrounds still gonna be in it? That was a neat part that I remember.
>>
>>52865909
It's honestly no weirder than a Warforged Druid, so go at it.
>>
>>52865823
Someone suggested clay earlier, which I liked a lot. Would I need the disguise skill for that? Would disguise even apply to something like that? I'm taking it either way so I guess it doesn't really matter.

>>52865830
This is really the sort of thing I'm concerned about. Undetectable Alignment should work for that, right?

>>52865878
Only the DM (and one other player, sort of) knows about what I'm doing so far. The DM suggested I keep it hidden since it could make for an interesting reveal when the party eventually finds out, but I'll probably only do that if I can figure out a way to make it work.
>>
>>52865909
By RAW any Druid dealing with metal for an extended period of time stops being a druid, but RAW is stupid and I'd personally allow it because that's cool as heck.
>>
>>52865920
Yes.
>>
>>52865804
That's true, hm.

I dunno, maybe I'll have to give it some thought. I like the themes for Alfred, but I would rather he not just be "Generic Knight Boy #7" when the GM looks through applications. And I'd also prefer not to be that one character in a pewd game who never actually does anything lewd. Although I've done that before and it was funny. My character ended up moving the plot and getting shit done while other people boned. Ended with him finally getting some between three very drunk elves who'd been chasing his tail for a while but he was always too busy.

Guess I'll put it down to a vote, since I'm not sure. Should I just scrap Alfred and figure out something different? Or is Alfred fine and I'm just worrying about nothing?
>>
>>52865916
Even Chaotic Evil characters don't have to be rend and tear. The Paizo iconic Anti-Paladin has an interesting take where he's meticulous and careful, but he's Chaotic because he's motivated by a love for elaborate destruction and lacks both the creed and discipline found in LE types, and the selfish desires of NE types. He just knows that patience is the better payoff for his craft.
>>
>>52865956
Not like there aren't a ton of impulsive as fuck LE characters who do crazy things in the name of their creed, and just rely on their discipline to not get fucked.
>>
>>52865916
>In Pursuit of God's Likeness.
It sounds clunky but I like that idea. Maybe something shorter like "In God's Image"?

>>52865920
Yep! I'm calling them Arbiters and they have a small section on the document.
>Arbiters
>Arbiters appear to be coloured, glowing weblike constellations in Luna’s sky. These non-humanoid andurians consist of large connected satellite meshes, and unlike others, their main task is to direct events and meddle below. Different Arbiters affect the areas below in different ways, some helpful and some spiteful. They change every day.
>>
>>52865867
There are two ways I have played evil characters in the past.
First is mustache twirling schemers doing it for purely comical effect. They do evil for the sake of evil and that simplicity is surprisingly enough.
Second is the sociopath. Have a character do terrible EVIL acts but always have a justification for it."I robbed the nobel because I needed the money, I killed him because he had the resources to track me down. I killed the servant because she saw me." and then as the game goes on have there actions be harder and harder for them to justify, yet they still do justify it. The one hang up with this method is you are also depending on the GM to give you consequences for said evil actions. If the GM just goes "okay thats a thing that happened" or feels your intentionally messing with his game then that can be a problem. So just try and coordinate with the GM a little.
>>
>>52865945
which is dumb as fuck btw
>want to cripple a druid?
>just lure him into a place with lots of malachite, magnetite / hematite, and cassiterite and watch him implode from trying to move metal.

>>52865979
That works too. In God's Image would be be referring to the players then, my version would've been some sort of >foreshadowing as to what the Robots wanted to accomplish.
>>
>>52865915
>"Sir, these golems are coming up as dead on my radar."
>"Oh, my apologies, sometimes small animals get caught up in the gears."
>"Sir these golems are REALLY undead."
>"That's because I store my negative energy batteries on them. See, look!"
>An undead squirrel falls out of the 'golem'
>"..."
>"Nothing to see here, mister Cleric!
>>
>>52866002
[SMITE EVIL INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>52865942
Clay wouldn't work because unless you crafted it in such a way that it wrapped perfectly around the undead in such a way that none of the joint movement was impeded by the clay it would flake off once it got dry. Wrapping it in a malleable substance like straw will work much better and also allows for flexibility of movement, plus you can also flavor the straw as acting like Padded Armor.

As for the secrecy, the only reason I say to tell everyone about it before you play is because it's standard practice to have everyone know what they're playing with so each player can reliably know what their fellow players are good with, out of game. Telling them that the secret is being kept from their characters can potentially make it more fun and flavorful for everyone at the table.
>>
>>52865972
Oh yeah, that too. People really get stuck on the common personalities of the X-axis of alignments but the alignment=/=personality rule forever holds.

It's weird how often LG types get casted as overzealous and occasionally reckless but everyone who goes LE defaults to being the cunning and manipulative type. I love the classic takes of LE as silent killers who obsessively follow orders, or as rambling men who've gone mad over their creeds.
>>
File: carlos.png (51KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
51KB, 250x167px
>>52865836
How about plug-humans, with holes all over their bodies like in the Matrix movies. They can interface with technology super easily, attach arm-cannons, plug into robo-suits, and hack stuff.

They can be called the "holey ones"
>>
>>52866025
Alignment in general is stupid as fuck
>>
>>52866029
CAAAAAAARRRLLLLOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS!
>>
>>52865830
Are they going to have any appreciable HD? Or are they just going to be standard 1HD humanoid skeles?

Because you need at least 5HD to ping on detect evil unless you're an oracle or an outsider.
>>
>>52866041

Undead ping at 1 HD
>>
>>52866041
Undead always ping, just like Outsiders, and people with auras.
>>
>>52865836
That sounds fucking sweet nigger.

I don't know how human you want your "human" races to be but my first thought is to flanderize existing stereotypes. Like "Viking" humans being the size of bears, "Russians" being straight up immune to cold, "Koreans" being basically human supercomputers, etc.

Second thought would be fictional humans made reality. All those stories of HFY, personified, along with shit like comic and anime characters that are insanely tough and strong with no explanation as to why, so it is assumed to be the norm. Like pic related kicks up barriers of concrete with his bare feet and can fight people in ancient magic suits of power armor with his bare fists, and when asked how he is capable of such he says that. The races in this instance could be attempts to emulate different types of fiction, so comic-humans inspired by batman/superman/whatever, weeb-human inspired by humans punching tanks to death and running straight up walls, mythology-humans inspired by Hercules and exaggerations of people like Bathory, etc.

Third thing would be straight up mutated-like superhumans and I'm not sure where to start on that. It's pretty far from humanity at that point, I don't know how confused these robots are. Subtle-ish things like metal skin work, I guess. Inventing a race capable of psionics from depictions of fiction would be interesting. I'd pick random shit off of the eidolon upgrades and make a race out of it, or look at Marvel heroes.

Dunno if any of that is useful to you.
>>
>>52866060
>outsiders
Even fetchlings and ifrits and such?
>>
>>52866076
if they're aligned evil, yes
>>
>>52865791
What? The rogue could flank from where the cleric is or the square directly beneath the cleric.
>>
File: 1477979154617.gif (2MB, 158x199px) Image search: [Google]
1477979154617.gif
2MB, 158x199px
>>52866029
That's real fuckin' funny anon! It's not a terrible idea but would be really challenging to implement. The ruleset is still Pathfinder and the equipment is going to be medieval-ish Pathfinder stuff mixed with some techy flavor.
>>
>>52865582
I made an app to Overlewds.
>>
>>52866037
Alignment in general is meant to be descriptive, not prescriptive, and even then is meant to be used as a guide as opposed to a hard-and-fast ruling on a character's morality.

I imagine this is where the idea that Paladins are eternally crusaders comes from, after all there are many facets that fall under the prescript of evil in tabletop games, but that doesn't mean that the person with the alignment is always a negative influence on those around them.

Heck, for most of them they're not even a negative influence most of the time.

>>52865791
Meant to respond to this earlier. Yes, when dealing with flanking and reach you have to be EXACTLY opposite your partner when flanking to receive the bonus, and if your ally has reach then you'd better have it too or else neither of you is going to be getting that sweet, sweet +2 to hit.
>>
>>52866087
Could they? RAW it doesn't seem like it:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat/#TOC-Flanking

>When in doubt about whether two characters flank an opponent in the middle, trace an imaginary line between the two attackers’ centers. If the line passes through opposite borders of the opponent’s space (including corners of those borders), then the opponent is flanked.

It doesn't pass through 'opposite borders' in this case, the circle won't be sliced perfectly in half.
>>
Weird question, but are there any forums or discussions like /pfg/ except... not /pfg/?

I like /pfg/ and all, but I build a lot of characters for fun even though I don't know much about the game just yet. I usually have a bunch of questions for each character I make, but I don't want to spam every thread looking for build advice either.

Normally I look for build guides, but a lot of the build guides I seem to find are either outdated, missing information, or way too specific to be helpful to me.
>>
>>52866111
>Lewds: Hand Holding, Panty Shots, Swats on the Butt and Playing "Doctor" only, plz.

kys
>>
>>52866122
The "Build Help" section of the Discord is pretty good for that kind of stuff, though if someone else is already getting helped you may need to wait until they're done or else your question may get drowned out.
>>
>>52866118
You don't have to slice it perfectly in half. In this case, the line between the fighter and the rogue needs to pass through both the left and right borders of the ogre's square.
>>
>>52865796
It is.
>>
>>52866147
I'm too awkward for discord, friend.

Besides, I usually have so many random ass questions that eventually I'd end up pissing everyone off.
>>
>>52866111
Bruh.

And we thought the old male apps were dire. This one is beyond the time.
>>
So I've seen the notion before that survival, and tracking in particular is useless because if you need to find something, you will. From my experience this has largely held up to be true.

Do you agree with this? And if so, what're some ways to fix the issue?
>>
>>52865952
...Wait, I think I've got an idea.

Would it be a bit much to play a character descended from the old dragon king, if he was like 8th or so on the ranking of who'd inherit first (not that it matters now that other claimants are either dead or in hiding)? Would it be too much if said descendant was a bratty shota, at least in appearance? I like the idea, but some people really don't like shots, even the "I'm actually older than I look" variety.
>>
>>52866182
>tfw i know what I want in a dude, but am shit at making male characters.
>>
>>52866188
That's an amusingly meta way to look at things. I guess it's true though, you can't just end a campaign because no one found a set of tracks.

However, not getting somewhere in time could still be an issue, so think of that. If everyone ignores survival and when it comes to tracking, fails, and just wander around until they find what they are looking for the cult might have already sacrificed the captives or something.
>>
>>52866175
Trust me bro, I ask people there all the time about what I should do to help with my One Piece builds, and there's almost always someone there willing to help with my often inane and obvious questions.

>>52866188
Speaking from a DM's perspective, unfortunately the answer to that is "not much." If the tracking skill is required in order to progress the story along, all of your players failing the check to find the muddy footprints means that your story does not progress unless you can pull some Deus Ex Machina out of your butt to get things going some other way. If it's not all that important, the GM will likely just make the players roll Perception to find it since it works as a bit of a catch-all skill and you're guaranteed to have at least one person in the party that's maxed it out to search for things.
>>
>>52866111
I wish sleep would put his foot down on some of these apps. I don't know why people feel like it's okay to drop these Ruse Cruise tier apps into the game.
>>
>>52866237

He did message me to make sure my app was serious
>>
>>52866208
I get it wrong too sometime, so don't take it too personally. I think the art choice is just a little too on the nose for a young gnome male.

It'd also help if you beefed the personality and gave it more nuance.

Fuck, I'm reviewanoning again. Stop me.
>>
>>52866237
>when an app by a notorious memester and shitposter is more serious than most Overlewd apps

Wew lad
>>
>>52866258
I'm not even that guy
>>
>>52866237
Well, he has said he's going for a Saints Row kind of tone. Silly people getting into dark and evil shit isn't that hard to imagine--I mean look at Batman villains.
>>
Decided to try to make Cavalry in pathfinder a bit more interesting and a bit less 'Super damage' with some homebrew for both it and Vital Strike.

The idea is that Full Attacks are good for pure damage (As there is no preventing that) but Vital Strike and Charges are great for handing out forced movement and status effects as you are making a single, carefully planned strike.

Feedback is highly appreciated.
>>
Alright, since the last thread bombed and killed the discussion, serious questions about roleplaying and character design.

When a character is submitting a male character to your Roll20 game, do you prefer somewhat ugly yet distinctive images (like pic related) or attractive characters from a relatively well-known (man!Seiba, a Fire Emblem male, Reinhardt, etc)?

What Pathfinder (and 3PP) races and classes combine to make interesting male PCs, in your experiences? Which ones are the most boring?
>>
>>52865791
No

>When making a melee attack, you get a +2 flanking bonus if your opponent is threatened by another enemy character or creature on its opposite border or opposite corner.

>When in doubt about whether two characters flank an opponent in the middle, trace an imaginary line between the two attackers’ centers. If the line passes through opposite borders of the opponent’s space (including corners of those borders), then the opponent is flanked.

>Exception: If a flanker takes up more than 1 square, it gets the flanking bonus if any square it occupies counts for flanking.

>Only a creature or character that threatens the defender can help an attacker get a flanking bonus.

>Creatures with a reach of 0 feet can’t flank an opponent.
>>
>>52866298
Ugly and distinctive any day of the week. I don't give a shit about being a husbando, and let's face it, /pfg/ will declare someone their daddy on the most arbitrary and silly of bases, so fuck it. I'd rather be interesting than hot.
>>
>>52866298
DAemon-blooded Tiefling Dark Elementalists
>>
What?
Why do you think my apps not serious?

I could go all grimdar skullbones and make a conan ripoff, but this feels more honest.
>>
>>52866319
It's the borderline-toddlercon images you're using. Something like what you've got in this post might work better, something with dignity.
>>
Do any Barbarian archetypes worth having stack with Invulnerable Rager?
>>
>>52866070
The current race concepts are on the setting doc at the bottom (it's just 2 pages long). My IRL players helped think of them, so I kinda want to stick with them.

As funny as stereotypes and modern media come to life are as a concept, they're not timeless enough when the whole of history is being sifted through, and the robots are going both more insane and less specific about it - there's a psionics-boosting race for instance that could be used for all kinds of extra magical might, not a particular kind.

Generally the ideas they have about human superpowers are confused at best from incomplete bullshit source material and THEN even further muddled their own cultural back-and-forth retellings corrupting the interpreted meanings over time.

It could be anything at this point: you just have to be able to identify that the "artist" was trying to make something human. No Warcraft orc looking faces, but subtly green-tinged people with human faces who can get ripped and are easily provoked, sure!
>>
>>52866327
Children and Adolescents don't have a lot of dignity, anon.
>>
>>52866327
well, i mean, do you have to sexualize him? Why can't I just play him straight and whatever harmless kinks I get out of it played off as part of the story?
>>
>>52866346
I literally just advised you to use the pic you posted above.
That looks like a youngster with a destiny.
What you've got in your app looks like he's about to ask for his diaper to be changed.
>>
>>52866371
>OVERLEWD.
>>
File: YellowDancer.jpg (152KB, 1742x1094px) Image search: [Google]
YellowDancer.jpg
152KB, 1742x1094px
>>52866371
Robotech did it before I was even born.
>>
>>52865582
So I got approval from my DM to play a Swordsage from Book of Nine Swords (aka book of weeabo fightin' magic). So besides that, I'm allowed two other books, and the most common playable races (human, dwarf, elf, half elf, halfling, gnome).

What other books would benefit the class the most? My thinking for the character's personality is a student who is traveling the world to hone his skills, searching for his master to show his progress (the teacher always travels to spread the sword arts, encourages his students to do the same and return once they feel they have become masters themselves).
>>
>>52866396
>ROBOTECH

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>52866381
>>52866378
okay then, i used the other picture.
>>
File: Minmei_in_her_famous_red_dress.jpg (88KB, 350x480px) Image search: [Google]
Minmei_in_her_famous_red_dress.jpg
88KB, 350x480px
>>52866404
why, don't you like protoculture anon?
>>
>>52866424
There, now he looks like he's an adventurer.
>>
>>52866438
I LIKE PROTOCULTURE

BUT ITS NOT CALLED ROBOTECH FUCK YOU HARMONY GOLD

FUCK
YOOOOU

ITS

MAA
COOO
ROSS
>>
How many applications did RotJR get, and how long was it up for?
>>
>>52866471
Do we count the "waiting room" period and the time before it, or no?
>>
>>52866450
Why do you even care?
You anime posters hardly ever post old Macross stuff.
>>
>>52866485
AHHHHHHH

I'M NOT AN ANIMEPOSTER FUCK YOU

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52866471
>>52866482
Final tally on the old PiratePad page was 49.
>>
File: bigpigstare.png (251KB, 450x509px) Image search: [Google]
bigpigstare.png
251KB, 450x509px
>>52866495
>Overlewd at 39 in just over a week
>RotJR shitted up the threads for two months and got 49
>>
>>52866471
A lot.
>>
>>52866511
COME ON LET'S BREAK THAT RECORD.
>>
>>52865836
>Guardians
>Luna is cordoned off into many separate areas. At each border and gate, at every secret facility, monitoring station and spaceport, fearsome well-armed Guardian urians watch you. If your urian parents seemed cold, these Guardian urians are borderline soulless at best and malicious at worst – they supposedly keep a policy of noninterference, but that only seems to apply to helping you. At other times they can block your passage, demand tolls, give you new arbitrary burdens, and “confiscate” needed items. Maybe someday you’ll be able to challenge them.
THEY MADE SPECIAL ROBOTS TO BULLY THE CHILDREN MORE. ARE YOU SERIOUS.

Also I really like this. Post when done.
>>
>>52866495
So in hindsight, excluding the fact that two groups were formed, chances to get in were about 12% per.

>>52866511
To be fair, those were only the ones that were actual characters. There were a fair few more who were just "Hi, I'd like to join".

Like Doug, praised be his name.
>>
>>52866539
There is no doug but doug
>>
File: flanking_for_dummies.jpg (184KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
flanking_for_dummies.jpg
184KB, 600x600px
Since people seem confused on how flanking works, I made a shitty image to help explain. The relevant rule for flanking is as follows:

So, if the imaginary line passes through either the left and right sides of the square, the top and bottom sides of the square, or the corresponding corners, they are flanking. All of the green lines represent valid flanks. You do not need to be perfectly opposite the enemy.
>>
>>52866555
I want more non-lewd games. I know lewd games aren't actually orgyfests but I'm too awkward to actually turn down ERP if approached so I need games where I can minimize the possibility.
>>
>>52866564
>i'm too autistic to turn down ERP

christ.
>>
>>52866289
I'm noticing a lack of exotic options, as well as throwing weapons, for horseback. Is there a reason for that?
>>
File: cristian-canfailla-pilotabassa.jpg (233KB, 1181x498px) Image search: [Google]
cristian-canfailla-pilotabassa.jpg
233KB, 1181x498px
Has anyone read Starjammer/have access to a pdf for it? Its not in the trove (or at least, I can't find it) and I am vaguely interested in how they converted the setting to Pathfinder.
>>
>>52866576

Throwing weapons mostly because they don't really interact with the Cavalry abilities being for melee. Still, they can also be melee so an exotic there might not be bad.

Exotic because finding enough 'this is a cavalry weapon' is hard so I populated martial first. If you have ideas I'd love to include them.
>>
How explicit should a backstory for a lewd game be? Should I beat around the bush and say something to the point of "things got hot and heavy" or be outright and say "they slept together"?
>>
File: 1484699963324.jpg (143KB, 606x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484699963324.jpg
143KB, 606x800px
>>52866534
DON'T YOU WANT TO BECOME STRONG, HUMAN? OF COURSE YOU DO.

NOW GIVE ME YOUR SOCKS. AND YOUR SLING. THE NEXT AREA IS A NO SOCKS OR SLINGS ZONE. THEY DISTURB THE SNOW. THAT GIRL WAITING ON THE OTHER SIDE WITH THE GREATSWORD IS OLDER THAN YOU, SO SHE'S ALLOWED TO HAVE SOCKS.
>>
>>52866627
Either's good, just so long as it doesn't come off as forced.
>>
>>52866644
Yup. Thats about how I feel right now. Trying to around someone to avoid a confrontation I know I'll lose.
>>
>>52866122
Most build advice guides are outdated, but not much really changes. The only thing that is really /pfg/ exclusive in terms of discussion is 3pp stuff, what little new and good 1pp material we get, and optimization metas for the game, and those don't shit too much.
>>
File: IMG_2612.jpg (49KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2612.jpg
49KB, 1024x576px
Blingmaker when??
>>
>>52866700
How do I tell if it's forced or not?
>>
File: childadventurer.png (948KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
childadventurer.png
948KB, 1024x724px
>>52866534
Generation 1 were not violent or dangerous like humans were said to be, since they were all raised with love and care and given everything they needed by the urians.

Since you're only Generation 2, they don't yet know whether humans will rip each other apart without an extra shove. And to be absolutely certain, they're going to shove as hard as they can without killing you. Then let the next kid pass with a headpat, making sure you can see it.
>>
>>52866785
If it interrupts the flow of your writing, it's forced and should be revised.
If it comes off as "yeah, I'm totally such a stud, you jelly?" then remove it.
If you're not comfortable with it, don't try and write it in.
>>
>>52866739
Sometime during the day tomorrow.

Wubu ain't SwimmyBirb, no midnight announcements.
>>
File: 1041_11.gif (17KB, 231x240px) Image search: [Google]
1041_11.gif
17KB, 231x240px
>>52866644
>>52866809
Machine, I will remember this. When I ascend and unlock the gifts of gods, I will come for you. I will bring greatsword girl and headpat kid before your eyes and destroy your favorite, and then you.
>>
File: FF13-3 - Snow.png (725KB, 793x907px) Image search: [Google]
FF13-3 - Snow.png
725KB, 793x907px
>>52866809
This sounds like FF13.

Make the L'Cie a "human" freak race.
>>
>>52866867
I was tempered with mercy and compassion. It still comes out from time to time though.
>>
>>52866809
That last part sounds a bit like the stupid move of another civilization that tried to pull this sort of thing off in a different setting.

First, they ignored other species who had quarantined humanity because humans *ARE* the war-obsessed murderfrenzy race, and gave humans their own religion, which was significantly more intolerant than what humanity had had until then.

Then, because that wasn't dumb enough, they proceeded to give them some of their own technology to speed things along into a new race of attack-dogs. They also put in a few booby-traps here and there to punish anyone who got a little too curious or close to reverse-engineering the best stuff.

When basically-the-space-UN went in to check on things mass panic set in as they realized some idiots had not only stuck their dicks into the killer-hornet nest, but given them the means to break the quarantine and on the verge of fucking FTL.

Couple of years later the idiots homeworld was razed down to the core and God was dead.
>>
>>52866867
The favourite is you. That machine is your biggest fan. His desk inside has a photo of every minor achievement you've ever made. He prays every day for you, even though he knows no god hears the prayer of a robot.
>>
>>52866867
I'm going to make an antagonist based on Tyler some day, a regular kid who one day questioned the observable gods in his setting and wondered to himself how much magical power he'd need to replace them.
>>
>>52866934
I like this.
The idea that humans are warlike and savage and kept on a leash strictly for battle.
>>
File: 1464329286560.png (462KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1464329286560.png
462KB, 633x758px
>>52866937
>>
>>52866971
I hope not, but I am absolutely certain the answer is yes.
>>
File: 1288777056073.jpg (125KB, 679x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1288777056073.jpg
125KB, 679x1000px
>>52866954
Yes, but then what do they do with the females?
>>
File: 1456121286896.jpg (205KB, 1058x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1456121286896.jpg
205KB, 1058x1351px
>>52866985
and what happens when they smuggle a boy in dressed as a female? What happens when he ascends to the presidency of the the galaxies UN council?

Does humanity become the "noble savage"
>>
>>52867015
>What happens when he ascends to the presidency of the the galaxies UN council?

pleads the case of his people, rather.

Blast the chalice! Why must I always be seeking power?
>>
>>52867028
Then you see people selling human "prayer rocks" and humans crying by the side of planetary garbage dumps...
>>
File: Dis.jpg (940KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dis.jpg
940KB, 1200x900px
>>52866934
*cough* I think I've played though said setting *cough*

>>52866954
It's what we do to everything. The most reasonable explanation is that the warmongering psycho race is us indeed.

>Look! We've found a way to harness the power of child-like innocence and love!
>Nanoha uses said beam cannons in populated areas

>We've learned to unite our hearts are as one!
>STONER SUNSHINE

>This harnesses your dreams and imagination, making them reality!
>This makes the "Illusion Wave" useless as anything but a weapon of mass destruction
>>
>>52867015
Or i guess it could be a woman, but you know how women hate other women.
>>
File: HFY - Humies are psy.jpg (694KB, 1884x1255px) Image search: [Google]
HFY - Humies are psy.jpg
694KB, 1884x1255px
>>52866934
This one?
>>
>>52866971
I've sent a few asking for RP, but never explicitly asking for ERP just implying that I'd like it
I've only received a PM even hinting at it once.
>>
>>52866934
>>52866954
Eh, I kinda like the added twist that humans turn out NOT to be naturally monsters, with no tribalism or resource competition to even start it off of. That itself is a twist because you always expect to be told it's the other way, that human nature is harmful and can never be stopped.

It's sadder this way because they're not being allowed to be that. They'd read all the shit about how terrible human nature is, which we've bought into, and they buy into it too, and when it doesn't happen they force it to happen.
>>
>>52867066
Nope, but I remember that one. >>52867040
here's image got it though; it's the plotline to the SRW Alpha games (yes the BBEG is God)
>>
>>52867082
Yeah, maybe humans are just the victims of unfortunate circumstance. Just pure dumb luck, we were born with all the wrong instincts .
>>
>>52867144
Most people think wolves are vermin, but they are not. They are actually smarter than dogs and frighteningly intelligent.

Despite this, they rarely mean humanity any harm, it is just civilization expanding into their territory that causes them to be hostile.
>>
>>52867144
There's nothing unlucky about evolving into a world with resources and health/danger reasons to be tribalistic. It would always happen.

That doesn't mean it happens when a) there's no resource competition or danger b) there's literally no possible cultural baggage from any prior generation. Maybe it does, but we'll never ever find out, which makes it a legit speculation topic.
>>
So, say I want to play a sorcerer gestalt that can either fight in melee or fight with archery. What second class should I take? Preferably, one with a full BAB.
>>
>>52867144
>>52867082

Like with wolves, it's not necessarily monstrous.

What if our destructive instincts are derived from HOW we learn to interact with the world; the most basic functions of making our brains understand cause and effect, the same way we also learn to differentiate between ourselves and the baby in the mirror?

A neurological basis for our ability to analyze. "Damage" as the most basic and innately graspable concept of interaction with the world around us.

To a point we even do see some of this with babies.
>can I pull this apart
>what happens if I only chew on it and not try eat
>this feels soft when hit with fist
>this feels hurts when hit with fist
>it makes funny sound when I kick it
>>
>>52867278
The question then would be what is the basis of interaction in other species and how does this shape their understanding and development
>>
>>52867263
Assuming 1pp, play an elf and then insert literally any class.
>>
>>52867263
Slayers are pretty much naturals at that. Excess feats and its extra DPS sources are weapon- and creature-agnostic unlike a Fighter's or Ranger's. Barbarian or Bloodrager would be terrible.

If you only want ONE of melee or ranged instead of both, Fighter improves as an option relative to Slayer, as do UC Monk and Vigilante. You'd still not get Sneak Attack to abuse with things like invis spells or mass-disables, though.
>>
>>52867263
Have you considered an Elf Vigilante? You won't be full-BAB, unfortunately, but you can easily have a balanced-ish statline (14/14/12/10/8/18 would be your final stats after racial modifiers), which you could then use to do well with a Composite Longbow and an Elven Curved Blade (or Branch Spear, if you want reach), adding more damage as you level up in Vigilante. Consider Rogue as an alternative, to add 1.5x your DEX to damage with the ECB or EBS.
>>
>>52867307
what is pp?
>>
>>52867082
Do the first generation get to meet the fucked up second generation? Are they their (altered) genetic children, torn from their mothers' arms?
>>
>>52867377
>power points
>party product
>trickle down economics

could be many things
>>
There is any race from third party material which resemble jackals in a way that remind of the egipcian deity Anubis?
>>
>>52867389
There's a human nation back on Earth that you get to rule over once you fuck everything up on the moon enough, as your reward.

Ostensibly. I haven't written this far but I'd expect that nothing goes to plan; once you're in a position to "win", the campaign might already be shifting to a fight to bring down a villainous faction of the urian orchestrators or something.
>>
File: PoW_Mystic_(Fayelin).png (628KB, 980x989px) Image search: [Google]
PoW_Mystic_(Fayelin).png
628KB, 980x989px
>>52867377
In this case, first party product (official Paizo books).

3pp is a third party product, like Dreamscarred Press or Drop Dead Studios.
>>
>>52867415
Skinwalkers are animalistic and nearly whatever you want them to look like.
Tieflings really are whatever you want them to look like.
>>
>>52867426
I get to be a living Wayfinder then?
>>
>>52867431
I had been on aasimar as an alternative. After all there is a kind of good aligned outsiders which look furfaggy as fuark.
>>
>>52867426
I don't know what I expected clicking this but it certainly wasn't what I got.
>>
>>52867426
Probably like this

https://youtu.be/ZzhmBkpaIVA?t=3s
>>
>>52867446
I'm afraid to ask, but what did I miss?
>>
>>52867426
Type 1 sounds like a fucking cursed item when you're trying to use it on yourself. Think about how it would work as you came close to climax.
>>
>>52867455
Ioun Stone Vibrator.

Dunno why it got deleted, it's definitely not the most degenerate thing /pfg/ has posted today.
>>
>>52867464
Maybe you've missed that the last thread got deleted.
>>
>>52867463
Well when you get one to use on yourself, you obviously buy a type 2.
>>
>>52867463
However for those into orgasm denial its ideal
>>
>>52866534
>At other times they can block your passage, demand tolls, give you new arbitrary burdens, and “confiscate” needed items.
>give you new arbitrary burdens
My mind immediately went to "here look after this baby" type burdens. Now I have a real question: what happens with all the teen pregnancy up on Luna's adventure-and-battlescape? Do these 15 year olds just... have kids?
>>
File: megumin sad.png (587KB, 933x720px) Image search: [Google]
megumin sad.png
587KB, 933x720px
>>52867610
I DON'T KNOW OK

I should have considered this. But I didn't and I'm a failure. Going to bed with this knowledge now, goodnight.
>>
>>52867610
i'm guessing they tend to do a lot of "heavy petting" if you know what I mean... (i.e. sticking everything everywhere so long as it doesn't get you pregnant.)
>>
>>52867658
the penalty for getting pregnant is to have your child taken away from you (and raised by robots)
>>
>>52867658
They're 15 and are no smarter than 15 year olds, remember.
>>
>>52867610
>>52867656
There are towns. You can settle down and make stuff for people. Nation-building can happen without a sword in your hand.
>>
>>52867682
yes, but they have been exposed to adult situations and have a high tolerance for stress. They are far more tempered by their trials.
>>
File: Trump_the_art_of_the_deal.jpg (21KB, 220x344px) Image search: [Google]
Trump_the_art_of_the_deal.jpg
21KB, 220x344px
>>52867702
The urians accidentally create a deal making, nation builder instead of an epic warrior.
>>
I should to apply encumbrance rules to a PC which haves STR 9 and tits bigger than G cup?
>>
File: The Dark Princess (Frankiew Yip).jpg (313KB, 1280x1253px) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Princess (Frankiew Yip).jpg
313KB, 1280x1253px
>>52867776
Encumbrance only applies to equipment and gear, not their own personal weight.

>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/additionalRules.html

>Carrying Capacity

>These carrying capacity rules determine how much a character's equipment slows him down. Encumbrance comes in two parts: encumbrance by armor and encumbrance by total weight.

>Encumbrance by Armor: A character's armor determines his maximum Dexterity bonus to AC, armor check penalty, speed, and running speed. Unless your character is weak or carrying a lot of gear, that's all you need to know; the extra gear your character carries won't slow him down any more than the armor already does.

>If your character is weak or carrying a lot of gear, however, then you'll need to calculate encumbrance by weight. Doing so is most important when your character is trying to carry some heavy object.
>>
>>52867776
No, that's idiotic.
>>
>>52867776
A person's STR score accounts for their weight. Shorter and lighter characters with higher STR have more relative muscle to compensate, a large and heavy person with a high STR score might have more muscle or more fat depending. Blahblah.
>>
Rolled 3, 6 + 3 = 12 (2d6 + 3)

Testing.
>>
>>52867876
not bad
>>
>>52867880
I was actually testing 2d6+3d8+4d10 to see if I could roll multiple dice sizes and didn't realize what it looked like until it came out.

But maybe I'll use it for reference in the future.
>>
File: 1428187270495.jpg (170KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1428187270495.jpg
170KB, 2000x1333px
>>52866937
>He prays every day for you, even though he knows no god hears the prayer of a robot.
why the fuck would you say this horrible thing
>>
File: bullshit.png (70KB, 450x329px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
70KB, 450x329px
>>52865836
Fuck, I instantly dislike you for making something similar to what I was planning to do and making it infinitely cooler. God damn you, I hope your project's successful.
>>
>>52867894
To inspire the human to become a god, so that the new god might hear his prayers.
>>
>>52866827
I'm pretty stoked! Hopefully all my favorites get in!
>>
>Handsome Anons claim they want to PM
>Nobody PMs

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it still hurts a little.
>>
>>52869084
I PMed Sleep. Are you sleep?
>>
>>52865945
>>52865998
That only applies to shields and armour.
>>
>>52865582
wake up Chinaman, you my only friend...
>>
>>52869215
(yawn) fuck, that time in the morning where you are waiting for the other half of the world to wake up.
>>
What is this application faggotry?
I've missed all it, so I don't understand what they talking about.
>>
>>52865693
If I might ask, what got the old thread purged?
>>
>>52869272
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/74565/overlewd-a-story-of-dastardly-conduct
>>
>>52869129
I wish. Sleep is cute! CUTE!
>>
>People saying Guardian Spirit is the true waifu feat over the betrothed

>Ignoring the fact that Sending takes 10 minutes to send 25 words

Might as well just have a pen pal over this feat desu
>>
>Get into "lighthearted" game
>Expect Monty Python
>Get distinctly not that
>Players dont even talk between sessions
send help
>>
>>52869627
Not every group talks between sessions. Whenever my groups talk, it's usually because new content is on the way or just released, or something's come up that might impact session time. As for the tone of the game, talk to your DM about it, whining on 4chan isn't going to solve your problems.
>>
>>52869545
>>52869627
i'm bored. entertain me.
>>
>>52867610
Babies are hardier than you think. You do need a couple of months of taking it a lot easier (travel only slowed a bit if you're in really really good health, but combat mobility and resilience are an entirely different beast) and need to be careful about whatever's aimed at your baby once it's born, but people have historically learned to hunt and maintain nomadic lifestyles despite nearly yearly pregnancies for many of the wives.

Much of the overprotectiveness nowadays comes from an overhelming level of FUD combined with a vastly increased focused on a K-type reproduction strategy. But as a species, we should be having a dozen kids, starting early, so that 2-4 can make it to 13-15 and make us into grandparents as well before we're killed.
>>
>>52869627
A friendly atmosphere depends on the players! Try and start up conversations and set up a discord
>>
>>52869749
it was rather common place for people to live up past 50 even in nomadic societies. The biggest killer was dysentery from tooth loss.
>>
>>52869811
we generally look at things like infant mortality rates skewing the averages. When you are nomadic many disabilities such as being unable to walk would force the parents to euthanize their baby.

I mean hell, a broken leg back then could kill you. If you were lucky you could splint it, wash it with clean water and hope it didn't get infected.
>>
>>52869766
Do you take us for barbarians? Of course we have one.
>>
>>52869627
ERP with one of them
>>
>>52866564

This, holy shit this.

I want a campaign where we're expected to make heroic types and go about saving the world, I'm getting an itsy bitsy bit bored of these "comfy" games filled with anime cut-outs or boring normies.

I guess that's why I want a level 9-11 game to crop up here, because I DESPERATELY want to see the type of backstories people around here write up.
>>
So Blingmaker predictions? Only 4 slots to chose from.

My predictions:
Andrik
Antoinette
Sigmund
Sofia
>>
>>52870077
Did you apply to PLD?
>>
>>52865909
Play it like a Promethean attempting to become human, but instead it's a synthetic organism trying to become organic.
>>
>>52870352

Yes, but that's entirely unrelated to the topic at hand!
>>
>>52870293

>AASS

Who's got the best butt out of those four?
>>
>>52870441

Sigmund, closely followed by Andrik, followed by Sofia, followed by Antoinette.

Booty is Strength and Charisma.
>>
>>52870431
No it's not, PLD is quite literally about being heroic and trying to save the world! Or at least make it slightly less shit. It just has a side helping of despair and cat girls
>>
>>52870293
Neither Andrik nor Sofia have common available timeslots with Sigmund.
>mfw I'm probably out due to scheduling conflicts, AGAIN
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (60KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
1337026210728.jpg
60KB, 540x531px
>>52866943
>I'm going to make an antagonist based on Tyler some day

What if I wanted to make Tyler as a PC? What classes would I use for someone like this?

Avowed (Self) seems obvious if Avowed was allowed, but there must be more conventional class options for an ascended being who yearns only for power.
>>
>>52870527
>ascended being who yearns only for power.
thats really the problem, isn't it?
you may never have the power to do what you want to do, even if you are a mage.
how do you cope?
you come up with a strategy, i.e. a "philosophy"
>>
>>52870569
most sleepers are used to feeling powerless, so they relate to mages who radiate that feeling. Dreadful Nihilists who preach nothing but despair. Their lives become despair made manifest, their joints get old and creak before their time, their eyes grow weary and their sight grows dim, because they no longer truly feel alive.
>>
>>52869627
Hell's Rebels? WWW?
>>
>>52870590
many people have compensated by adopting a simpler form of life. They just have no room for high literacy and high math functions. Its like they've been nerve stapled, they will never progress past a certain point.
>>
but you know, you don't really have to know science to know people. People are the same no matter where you go.

Most literary artists are trying to get you to feel deeply about something, they are trying to subtly manipulate your point of view until you agree with them, or can at least sympathize with them.

Writers can't be disingenuous, they can't lie about who they are when they write. They can lie about everything else, but they can't lie about that.
>>
>>52869627
>Players dont even talk between sessions

Am I the only one that isn't bothered by this, in fact am I the only one that WANTS this? Look, I love you guys. You're great players. Every time our weekly session rolls around, I'm excited and look forward to being with you people. But a man's got other interests, and insisting you stay in communication or even throw open semi-mandatory PbP for in-between sessions pull me away from those interests.

Pathfinder has a time and a place, but it's not every night.
>>
>>52870517
Hrm, then you could probably take out Sigmund for Andrei then.
>>
>>52870681
Slow?
>>
>>52865856
>casting detect undead on a golem
WHEN did you ever do this
>>
>>52869545
I realized the best waifu feat for Avowed is not in fact Guardian Spirit, but the familiar bond

>Yokai Kitsune or Bakeneko Catfolk Avowed with Familiar bond
>Self Pact with Figment familiar fluffed as a tulpa waifu

HAHA, IF I CAN'T HAVE AN ESOTERIC BETROTHED, I'LL JURY RIG TOGETHER MY OWN
>>
File: 1480450602537.jpg (110KB, 692x713px) Image search: [Google]
1480450602537.jpg
110KB, 692x713px
>>52871298
>dunking yourself in memebuilds
Where have I heard this before?
>>
>>52871428
The memes must flow
>>
>>52871459
Uh-huh, how are those other memebuilds working out for you?
>>
>>52870681
I like getting to posts between sessions, but I live by myself and have no friends locally, so it's tough when there aren't any games.
>>
>>52870660
>Writers can't be disingenuous, they can't lie about who they are when they write. They can lie about everything else, but they can't lie about that.

So I take it you're enjoying high school English class.
>>
>>52871563
>but I live by myself and have no friends
Did you need someone to talk with?
>>
>>52870862

Yeah, it's me. I should be saying this on the Discord, but I don't have that on my phone and I just had to say it when the topic was brought up.
>>
>>52871617
I have friends back home, but I moved down here for work with the missus, and then she left me, so it's pretty lonely now. I can visit my friends, but it takes a trip.
I won't look a gift Anon in the mouth, though. You shitpost much? I'm a big fan, personally.
>>
>>52871661
You should've said something sooner...
>>
>>52871731

I really should've, but I didn't because I thought I could handle it and everyone else was having fun. Nobody wants to be the Debbie downer, right? Besides, Vult made a very good point that this was the only way to really advance the plot since sessions tend to be on the slow side, so I thought that's just how the campaign's going to be.
>>
>>52871661
I'm working on it. Once I know everyone's combat options better, combat should be less oppressive on time. And I tried to explicitely craft the rest setup such that you only have to RP as much as you want.

Rock and a hard place...
>>
>all dose spoilers
I have no idea what you guys are spoiling...

But stop it. It's like navigating a 'nam minefield.
>>
File: Bedman-ggxrd-artwork.png (561KB, 768x819px) Image search: [Google]
Bedman-ggxrd-artwork.png
561KB, 768x819px
>>52865867
I have a similar problem with playing good characters. People always tell me my good aligned are two-dimensional and my evil aligned tend to be played interestingly.

It's all about what you personally are like as a person. That is always going to bleed over into your characters, so it's best to plan a character around your own attitudes.
>>
>>52872067
>posting bedman

Good Lord that autist got on my nerves at first, but the last scene with him in story mode rocked

The bit about how your own personality bleeds into your characters is always cool to me though. What kinds of things have YOU all found in common between your PCs? Be it personality quirks or just themes around your character in general? Any good plot hooks develop from those things?
My PCs usually have a hard time letting go of things.
>>
>>52872191
My PC's have trouble with confrontation with other PC's, just like I have trouble with confrontation in real life.
>>
>>52871833
I'll see what I can do. I'd hate for someone to be unhappy.
>>
File: c3f91e5f49238942e54f4992978279a2.jpg (528KB, 1200x827px) Image search: [Google]
c3f91e5f49238942e54f4992978279a2.jpg
528KB, 1200x827px
>>52872191
He's just talkative because no one can hear him, bro. Why do you think he tried to trap his waifu in a dream world?

My PCs tend to have a hard time developing attachments to people or things, positive or negative. When they get angry at something it's over quickly, and they tend not to be strongly affected by the loss of friends. Kind of why I have compelling evil characters, I think.
>>
>>52872191
I have a hard time playing a character that doesn't constantly analyze their surroundings.
>>
>>52872304
What the fuck is wrong with his feet!?
>>
>>52872373
They're emaciated because he never walks.
>>
>>52872067
>People always tell me my good aligned are two-dimensional and my evil aligned tend to be played interestingly.
That's because good characters need to be challenged from without, and evil characters often are challenged from within. If your good guy never has to make tough choices, never agonizes over their shortcomings that lead to misfortune, never pushes for the high road knowing it will probably fail, yes, you will be 2d, because there is nothing to build on.
>>52872191
>What kinds of things have YOU all found in common between your PCs?
Most of my pcs are very driven, having a goal or a focus they push towards at all times, along with being headstrong/brash, believing unerringly in their own prowess and decisions, and being unfortunately gruff to the point of grating on party members to the point of violence (the upside is that when the bullshit is sorted out, they will be steadfast friends and allies because you've proven yourself in their eyes to be made of sterner material).
It's why my pcs don't get along with (whiny) bitches, brats, high riders, egomaniacs (only room for ONE in this party), nobles of any sort, and people who depend on others to do anything.
>>
>>52872373
Pretty sure he's a cripple with a mental disability to go with his absurd cosmic power.

>>52872414
>Good is challenged without
>Evil is challenged within

Did this mean neutral is never challenged, or that it should be challenged on both sides
>>
>>52872443
Yes, but the thing is his body is still a-ok despite being older than dirt. Look at his toes. They're all fucked up
>>
File: 42693996_p0.jpg (553KB, 877x1239px) Image search: [Google]
42693996_p0.jpg
553KB, 877x1239px
>>52872414
>>52872443
That's a view based on the world they live in. An evil character tends to be challenged from within because they are well-adapted to their environment. Reality is bullshit and they figured out how to cut through some of it.

That said, they can still very much be motivated by outside challenges, particularly in worlds that are NOT complete suffering. Evil campaigns tend to focus on this.
>>
>>52872462
Nigga that image was random fanart, the answer is "the artist fucked up the feet"
>>
>>52870527
A wizard.
>>
>>52872443
>that it should be challenged on both sides
This.
Imma give you an example: my game, we have gone to a city outside a forest where a violent rebel group to the local empire is located as a staging ground. While half the group went to scout out, the other half, including me, got info from the locals. We ended up stopping what we thought was a lynchmob, it was actually a faction aligned with the rebels teaching one of their own a lesson.
We rescued the guy, pumped him for info, found out the town has a sizable contingent working with the rebels, and the returning half of the party ran into a pitchfork mob hunting the "outsiders". We took them to task, and murdered maybe 80 civvies armed with torches, farming implements, and tools.
Now, they all pinged evil, the cleric checked, but according to the law, a rebel outpost is to be punished to the highest extent of the local law, ie us. I plan to go full Cao Cao on them, demanding a witchhunt for other members of the rebellion in the city, plying those willing to cry wolf with gold, then demanding hefty tribute from the surviving women and elderly in exchange for allowing them to live, rather than executing them all for consorting with rebels.
>best part is that the DM has given me license to turn into an evil bastard
>I'm going to drag the group, made up of morally ambiguous murderhobos, into darkness with me
>We are the Engine of Destruction, and I The Beast, and you will live this day to spread our name
>I have already taken my prisoners, blinded one half and cut the hands off the other half, then sent them in different directions
>>
Is it better to make a character that is a specialist or a jack of all trades type of character?

Let's say you already have a group of players that already has a damage guy, magic guy, skill monkey, and a buff/heal guy. Do tou build another "specialist" or a jack of all trades guy that can do a little bit of everything without stepping on people's toes. Classes like the paladin who can frontline damage but support heal. Or the magus who can fronttline but still magic stuff? Maybe a switch hitter who can both do ranged and melee?

Even in the scenario where you are not the last guy or trying to fill the gaps, is it better to make a specialist/one trick pony? Or a balanced jack of all trades guy?
>>
>>52872694
It all depends on what you want to do. Having a specialization niche means that, while you might be unrivaled, you also might be useless in situations where your specialization doesn't do anything (like drying to bluff a gelatinous cube, or trying to diplomacize with your array of combat feats). Jack of all trades lets you be useful all the time, but you'll be overshadowed by people who specialize in the stuff that overlaps.

Basically, just do what you want and disregard the other players. It's a game, have fun.
>>
>>52872694
Battlefield control/debuffs is an underutilized aspect on these threads that is very fun to play when you know what to do.
>>
>>52872502
What I meant is that evil is challenged by what they feel they can do and get away with, especially in the face of an orderly society.
An evil pc must, generally, choose to do evil acts, choose to take advantage of others for personal gain.
A good pc must seek out occasions to do good, look for the poor to aid, the sick to heal, because you will not find opportunities to go above the call sitting at home.
>>52872694
Depends on what you want, but realize there is a middle ground.
My current pc is a vicious tank in combat, intelligent and well learned in both magic and history, and diplomatic/fearsome to boot, and none of those things have impinged on the others.
>>
>>52872737
Whenever I play in a game that has a class system, I aways play the fill role. I pick what is needed or balances out the team like in Rainbow six siege or overwatch. So that mentality was brought over to my pathfinder games. I think this started a long time ago with League of Legends I think. Filling the missing role.

You could say my fun is making sure our group succeed.
>>
What low level (say, level 3 and under) spells have permanent effects?
>>
>>52872990
Blindess/deafness
>>
File: tumblr_okwy1zS9mA1spd0keo1_1280.jpg (691KB, 723x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okwy1zS9mA1spd0keo1_1280.jpg
691KB, 723x900px
>>52872811
A PC being evil implies they have already made the decision to harm others and they can morally justify it. Otherwise it would be a 'fall to darkness' story. The remaining challenge is to decide on and obtain their goals, something they need opportunity for as much as any paladin.
>>
>>52872694
When I get stuck in this position here and I know the game will go beyond level 12+ I love using my Arcane Trickster. I would use different builds trying out different classes but Ill take levels in AT as soon as possible. I would be the 2nd line of defense or backup of whatever roll except for meatshield and it's fun/easy. And when given the chance and run solo from the group for a time being I will lack the weaknesses of those who's specialized in their specific role.
>>
>>52873010
I mean a pc must decide when they will do so, weighing the risk/reward, how far they will push their luck, etc.
A good character doesn't (usually) need to mind the law, or vengeance seekers, or think about how much "good" they are going to get away with doing.
>>
>>52866971

I'm too shy to do that. Even though I'd like to.

The feelings of being in a pornographic game but being too avoidant to dare ask for scenes.

I'd like to so stuff, but I hate to be a bother. I even end up the same way in between session scenes in non porn games: I hate feeling like I'm imposing on someone else. So I never get the fun of minisessions like people who are in games I run end up doing.

SUFFERING
>>
Why are noncasters so boring to play?

How do you have fun playing a class that doesn't use magic?
>>
>>52866971
I haven't, but I almost sent one once. Then I realized they're in the Discord so I'm gonna wait until they come online and ask then.

>>52873276
You seem cute. I wouldn't be bothered if you wanted to do any sort of scene. Are you in the Discord?
>>
>>52873360

I am. But I'm way too embarrassed to expose myself like that.

PM your roll20 crushes, anons. There's lots of people ready and willing who just have problems breaking that wall of politeness.
>>
>>52873462
That's a shame. Well, hopefully we get into a game together. I'll be sure to PM you then QT.
>>
>>52873354
>How do you have fun playing a class that doesn't use magic?
Blade magic. Mind magic. Spooky magic. ALL DAY kill yourself with it magic.
>>
>>52873010
It doesn't nessisarily imply personal moral justification. People can know what they're doing is wrong and still be evil.
>>
>>52866188
It depends on the GM, if they don't create a situation where survival/tracking is necessary then it won't be

I would agree with this depending on the type of game you're playing. I'd imagine something like a Monster/Bounty Hunter type of game would work. A mage academy type of game wouldn't.
>>
>>52873584

Maybe if you applied to blingmaker, it'll happen.

Alternatively we may already be in a game together but you won't know.
>>
>>52873276
I want to PM you, Anon! Please give me a sign, a hint, anything beyond just shy and cute!
>>
>>52873609
I KNOW WHO! You're getting a PM! RIGHT MEOW!
>>
>>52873609
JUST FUCK ALREADY YOU FUCKING PUSSIES
>>
>>52867263
How about you think for yourself? What kind of question is that?

Pick the one you like best.
>>
>>52873650
Who is it? I don't know the Blingmaker apps by heart...
>>
Someone explain to me what the uses of this spell are.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bilocation/
>>
>>52873645
>>52873650

I mean you could just openly post your exasperation in the discord so I could wrestle with my insecurity at my leisure at work and get back to you when I'm not a ball of anxiety

I don't wanna expose myself in public as a nervous wreck
>>
>>52873726
>getting nervous and flustered in public

Cute!
>>
>>52873354
UMD for the most part.
>>
>>52873716
I was mistaken. I have made a grave mistake.

>>52873726
I already got egg on my face with one person in the discord, might as well go full hog. Tkaner here. Though I'm gonna head to bed in a few minutes.
>>
>>52873354
The options that are interesting to use are called magic. And that's about it.
>>
>>52873354
Path of War
>>
File: 26.56 KB of Feel.png (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
26.56 KB of Feel.png
27KB, 400x400px
>>52873354

I have the exact opposite problem, I find non-casters boring as hell.
>>
>>52873354
I find every class boring mechanically. I prefer martials because I find it more fun to roleplay them in combat.
>>
>>52873773

We've spoken in PM before. Though it was about like.

Apps.
>>
>>52865791

The rogue can flank with the fighter from directly north and south of the cleric.

Alternately, the rogue can move one square to the left and flank with the cleric.
>>
>>52872990
Fireball
>>
Okay, I got most of my shizzle down. Herolab is bretty gud for Pathfinder, I guess its worth 35 bucks for that. I still have some details to iron out. Also I used Pathfinder Core Character as the ruleset and started him at level 10, but the default gold is still 150.
>>
>>52874144
hobgoblin
>>
Here is something that bugs the shit out of me.

Me: I cast a spell to immobilize monster A
DM: Okay, it works. Fighter?
Fighter: I charge monster A!!
>>
How horrible an idea would it be to make an alchemist/inquisitor/mystic theurge?
>>
File: Yes, and.jpg (33KB, 150x175px) Image search: [Google]
Yes, and.jpg
33KB, 150x175px
>>52874211
>>
>>52874224
Pretty horrible. Alchemist doesn't qualify for Mystic Theurge because it's not considered a caster. Also Mystic Theurge sucks
>>
>>52874224
Given there's nothing "arcane spells" about alchemist beyond who they learn formulae from? Good luck.
>>
>>52874211
Yeah, most people really don't give any thought to their allies in combat. Or combat in general beyond getting numbers and moving forward. Huge shame.
>>
>>52874266
>>52874255
Welp, there goes my plan for a horribly shitty build once more due to things.

What about fucking up a perfectly good pure skald by going into eldritch knight from 7 and onwards? How low would that go
>>
>>52874359
Why tho
>>
>>52874166
>but the default gold is still 150

Set Starting Cash on the Classes tab.

>>52874359
Incredibly terribly. Why the hell would you do that?
>>
>>52874565
>Set Starting Cash on the Classes tab.

What should it be? I'm level 10
>>
>>52874690
Look up Wealth By level on pfsrd, it'll be somewhere in the 6 digit range.
>>
>>52874551
>>52874565
Because it's possible.

I am also going through all the prestige classes and thinking of a way that has recently opened or the writer never though of getting to the prerequisites.

Right now I just realize that you can get rage prophet with a ranger (wild stalker) and oracle vmc.
>>
>>52874723
... So you're just being retarded, got it
>>
File: bling fish.png (19KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
bling fish.png
19KB, 819x460px
What race would be best for an Artisan//Occultist gestalt focused on social things and party support, basically bard-like? Are there any particularly good races for UMD/craft/social things with Int/Cha bonuses?
>>
>>52874758
Well maybe some people just like to make builds despite them not being on par with a pure wizard in tiers because they can get enjoyment from building it rather than being able to fucking break the entire game past level 3 or be effectively fucking immortal by going through hoops and loops instead of enjoying the game in the way the fucking want and not be called a fucking retard by some random power gaming fucktard over the internet.

I may have pent up aggression towards a party member who thinks PFS is the only way to play, but still go fuck yourself
>>
>>52874863
Ok but PRCing into eldritch knight from skald IS actually retarded.
>>
>>52874888
Yes, it's literally a downgrade in every way and one that you have to pay extra to get into.
>>
>>52873128
A good character has to decide how much they will sacrifice in pursuit of good. Evil has to decide how much they are willing to risk in pursuit of gain. Everyone has a limit.

>>52873599
I know that, but it's worth mentioning anyway. Some people do morally justify, others just don't feel the guilt.
>>
>>52874888
I know, but the point is not should I, but can I.
>>
File: ruseman.jpg (233KB, 1024x733px) Image search: [Google]
ruseman.jpg
233KB, 1024x733px
>>52874863
>Asks how bad the idea is
>Told it's bad
>BUT MUH STORMWIND FALLACY
>MUH PFS

Kindly neck yourself.
>>
Can I use rapid shot if I have a weapon that requires a move action to reload? (assuming I have a free move action and use it to reload)
>>
>>52875212
Seeing as how Rapid Shot requires you to do a Full Attack, which is a Full Round Action? No. If you could swift action reload, you could do it, but then you couldn't do it on your next turn.
>>
>>52875212
Not unless you've got Rapid Reload. Rapid Shot requires a full attack, which is a full-round action. You can't use it in conjunction with a move action.
>>
>>52875212
No. Rapid shot is used with a full-round action.
>>
>>52867776
>>52867826
There's Bloodmage Initiate, which implies that it makes you so fat you become permanently under a medium load.

But I don't think there's any actual rule that applies bonuses/penalties to fat people, unlike age.
>>
>>52875238
could I carry two crossbows, drop the one i am carrying as a free action then draw the second as a swift and use rapid shot?
>>
New thread

>>52875503
>>52875503
>>52875503
>>52875503
>>52875503
>>
I'm trying to abuse hungry ghost monk by getting a bunch of crits so I can fling around ki. plan is to pump up Wis and use guided hand so I'm not so MAD.

race: human

first level: LE crusader cleric of arazni for weapon focus (rapier). feats: channel smite, guided hand
second+: unchained hungry ghost monk, crusader's flurry at 3rd level. pick up imp critical or get a keen weapon or a scabbard of keen edges or get a friendly caster to give me keen edge... whichever is fastest.

crit threat on 15-20, get a ki point and temp hit point when you confirm a crit or reduce to 0 hp. flurry + ki for tons of attacks. your ki pool should pretty much always be topped off.

outside of that frame, I'm not sure what other feats/items I ought to pick up. I also am still figuring out how to RP as LE.

thoughts/suggestions?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.