[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 3UkdJSo.jpg (189KB, 1484x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3UkdJSo.jpg
189KB, 1484x1080px
>When your players actually think of good plans instead of just stabbing shit
>>
>when you introduce a new PC and the players accept the conceit of the ttrpg and welcome this stranger instead of wasting the entire session being suspicious and refusing to accommodate the guy because that would be "metagaming"
>>
>when the players want to play something other than 5e
>>
>when you gave your players pointless scrolls and they found a use for them
>>
>When the PCs actually interact with one another and form interesting bonds/rivalries you can really work with
>>
File: 1446478085288.jpg (61KB, 523x512px) Image search: [Google]
1446478085288.jpg
61KB, 523x512px
>>52861572
You're right, that shit's the most immersion breaking shit. Don't they know how to roleplay? Even a little?
>>
File: laughing gul'dan.webm (367KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
laughing gul'dan.webm
367KB, 718x404px
>>52861347
>When your players' best-laid plans crumble and fail at their feet, and they can only stare at you in horror and despair, surrendering to the imminent TPK, and they know in their hearts that they brought it on themselves, for their plan could not possibly have accounted for everything
>>
>>52861572
Oh my God, it feels so good to not have to hang a hat on it sometimes
>>
>when your players latch onto a silly one-shot NPC you made and want them to join the caravan of adventure with them
>>
>>52861347
>when your players have been thinking up good plans for 20+ sessions and then bomb two in a row only to get back to form after losing a party member and the mcguffin
>>
>>52861940

>Then they manage to summon a demon elf WHO DID LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG AND SACRIFICED EVERYTHING FOR THIS WORLD at the right moment in time and wreck your BBEG something fierce.
>>
>>52861572
Who doesnt do that? Kayfabe must be self-supporting, and sometimes that means suspending disbelief in order to prevent you from asking further questions.
>>
>>52861940
This is kinda lame, because it implies that they were TPK'd by something they couldnt have planned around, which is pretty shitty. Honest to goodness TPKs should never come out of nowhere.
>>
>>52861970
This has happened to me every game I play in, which may be a credit to the NPCs I put in the game. It also helps that the PC's constant prodding only makes the NPC more interesting as it gives them as much screen time as a PC in some cases (and Im better at writing and playing characters than any of my players...)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.