[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a rp system around tanya the evil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

File: images.jpg (9KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 219x230px
Is there a rp system around tanya the evil?
>>
Magical psychopaths butchering the entire continent to spite God?

That's pretty much every system.
>>
Magical Burst will work fine.
>>
GURPS
>>
>>52861219
Which one? The different versions (manga, light novel, anime) aren't completely faithful to the previous versions (heard that from a second hand source)
>>
>>52862215
main difference is artstyle and names i think
so wouldnt really matter for a setting
>>
>>52862240
I read from a second hand source that in the manga Tanya doesn't use a gun (because she is smol and guns are made for adults).

I also read in a second hand source that the manga draws upon WWII more than it draws upon WWI.

In the anime, the 203rd mage battalion do not use helmets.
>>
File: square pizza.jpg (854KB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
square pizza.jpg
854KB, 3504x2336px
what is the dungeon meshi of ancient greek theater

also stat me
>>
>>52862494
The anime also is way more WW2 than WW1. Anything relating to WW1 is a fig leaf to claim Tanya isn't a Nazi.

As for system go for FATAL. Tanya needs some cultural enrichment via big black or ogre cock.
>>
File: sdmGks3.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sdmGks3.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
In the anime some members of Tanya's battalion go in rockets that go faster than the speed of sound. These rockets have wings that are neither swept. They aren't delta wings either. Would that be a problem?

IIRC there was a hand wave of Tanya being told her soldiers to have her soldiers use magic to deal with the turbulence.
>>
File: IMG_1699.jpg (76KB, 962x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1699.jpg
76KB, 962x629px
>>52861219
Stop reposting
>>
>>52862625

From what little I've seen he doesn't become anything, that's how he is in the beginning. If anything the point is probably to see what it would take for him to have to rely on something other than himself and possibly become a better person.
>>
>>52861219

no, but an expansion to one should be created.
setting is awesome as fuck
>>
>>52862522
Deep Dish with the Half-Pepperoni Template.

Also known as the "My friend hates fun and we can't afford to get two pizza's this week" pizza.
>>
>>52862546
I have seen no indication that Tanya hates members of other ethnic background. Kind of what Nazis are known for. I also haven't seen her look down on homosexuals.

She probably looks down smugly on observant jews, but that would be because she probably smugly looks down on anyone that is religious.
>>
>>52861219
I just looked this up and it looks pretty interesting, thanks OP
>>
>>52862789
Her second in command is from Notrussia and the real nazis weren't keen on slavs so shes not a nazi
>>
GURPS is honestly what you are looking for to do Weird World War 1. Savage Worlds had a similar supplement, but it is very different from Youjo Senki.
>>
File: VelasIcadas.jpg (213KB, 1280x1286px) Image search: [Google]
VelasIcadas.jpg
213KB, 1280x1286px
>>52862742
okay but what is the dungeon meshi of ancient greek theater
>>
>>52862522
We already know that Dungeon Meshi is the Dark Souls of Japanese manga. If we can empirically determine the Citizen Kane of Roman young adult fiction, we should be able to extrapolate from there.
>>
>>52862789
That isn't really the point. The country is clearly Fascist rather than Imperial, the weapons used are WW2, The French equivalent's military is run by someone whose name is a play on Charles De Gaulle, and the war crimes committed are all much more in keeping with WW2 than WW1. It's also very unlikely to any given frontline Nazi would specify anything about hating the Jews. All the stuff that the Wehrmacht were directly into was giving a blowjob to the superiority of Germany and Germans rather than hating anyone else specifically. That was the job of the Gestapo once they rolled in.

Tanya is a Nazi.

If it was supposed to be WW1 they completely and utterly failed to capture the philosophy or feel of the German army of the time.
>>
>>52862830
Now maybe this is too much for you to understand but in real life. Russia was at war with Germany from the very beginning of WW1 but in WW2 they were military allies for the first half.
>>
>>52863006
It was never a friendly alliance. They attacked Poland and agreed to not attack each other. I don't think they actually helped each other like proper allies, they just agreed to not attack each other.

I'm pretty sure they were both planning on breaking that agreement, and it is well established that the Nazi's did it first.

The Nazi party considered, the communists bitter enemies. They blamed the Reichstag fire on the communists (although I wouldn't be surprised if it was a false flag operation by the Nazis), which was then used to pass the Reichstag Fire Decree, turning Nazi Germany into a totalitarian police state.

There was a communist resistance in Nazi Germany (that was infested with Nazi spies, which is why American agents tended to avoid it).
>>
>>52862973
WW1 did have it's share of war crimes. E.G the rape of belgium.

no idea if the war crimes in Tanya the evil are more like WWII war crimes than WWI war crimes.
>>
>>52863144
This is all true, but that level of mutual hostility was as close to being friends Germany and Russia ever got. A Slavic officer in WW1 Germany is just as unthinkable as a Slavic officer in WW2 Germany. Prussians have always considered Russians lesser hence why their name for them is a homonym for slaves.
>>
>>52863205
That's my point WW1 had plenty of war crimes, none of which resemble what was done in Tanya. All of Tanya's war crimes are modeled after incidents in WW2.
>>
>>52863236
Is the empire really Germany stand in, or is an amalgam of the Central Powers? Would a slavic officer be thinkable in other central power militaries?
>>
>>52861219
If there's one thing she has taught me, it's that the world NEEDS more Lolikrauts
>>
File: hmph.png (398KB, 670x830px) Image search: [Google]
hmph.png
398KB, 670x830px
>man reincarnated as little girl
>does not masturbate as soon as able

Belief does not suspend this far
>>
>>52863990
Some media choose to ignore that type of stuff. Just like media often ignores people going to the bathroom unless they have a reason not too.
>>
>>52862695
No, he was just a scheming japanese salaryman who thought he was hot shit for getting to fire people. Absolutely nothing that would prepare him for a WW2 scenario. He is literally given superior magical power by God.
>>
>>52865641
He didn't get off on firing people. He fired people because he was paid too and it was his job (and if we wants to get promoted, he needs to do his job well).
>>
>>52863990
He is reborn into another world. As in, his first memories are as a baby. He physically could not masturbate, and has gotten used to being a girl over the years.
>>
>>52863006
Being pretty condescending for someone who cant even read I said slavs not the country of Russia, Hitler disliked slavic people and considered them untermenschen
>>
>>52861249
You mean "failing to settle in to a comfortable middle-management position and die peacefully of old age to spite God?"
>>
>>52865641
>WW2
>>
>>52863936
Outside of maybe a slavic slave in the Ottoman Empire it is pretty unthinkable. Slavs served in the Austrian military but never as officers, because again they were seen as inferior. After all slavs had started this war and the war was meant to punish them.
>>
>>52866331
The Kaizer also hated slavic people and thought that they were an inferior race that would damage his perfect Imperial army.
>>
>>52861219
Show needs some crazy steam punk shit in it.
>>
>>52866542
They've got magitech flying horses and skis, the fuck would they need steampunk for?

Also, given the era, it would be more dieselpunk.....which is inherently superior
>>
>>52866385

It's a lot more WW2 than WW1. The weapons, equipment and particulars of the war crimes.
>>
File: 1488253538432.png (453KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488253538432.png
453KB, 600x1000px
>>52862494
>>52862546
>>52862973
It's an alternate WW1 that continues until about 1924.
>B-But muh tanks tho muh blitzkrieg tho
That's what happens when a war, the engine of innovation, continues for about a decade longer, and one of the officers on one of the sides literally has the advantage of hindsight.
>Muh de Lugo though
De Gaulle was actually was an officer in WW1. Given his personality, what would stop him from doing in WW1 what he did in WW2 if the situation demanded it other than rank (which is something that can be fixed by letting WW1 last another decade)?

You have this flipped around, this isn't WW2 with a thin layer of WW1 painted on top but WW1 with a thin layer of WW2 painted on top. And that's almost entirely because Tanya KNOWS how WW2 went.

>>52863205
As far as the anime goes, the biggest warcrime is Tanya shelling civillians in not!Strasbourg. She justifies it with some essay on international law about how civillians that take up arms and actively remain in military warzones aren't civillians at all (which you could argue vaguely resembles the Bush administrations "neither soldiers nor citizens" justification for suspending the right to fair trial for terrorism suspects).
>>
>>52866579
Trench warfare.

At least at the start of the series. Towards the mdidle/end of the first season it seems to shift away from trenches.
>>
>>52866651
>>52866579
Its sort of world war 1 but with magic replacing machine guns as the thing that causes people to rethink years of war tactics and attitude
>>
File: youjosenki10sioux.png (267KB, 665x374px) Image search: [Google]
youjosenki10sioux.png
267KB, 665x374px
So hyped for season 2 north afrika bugaloo.
>>
>>52866558
>dieselpunk superior to steampunk.

RING TRUE BROTHER! GUZZELINE IS LIFE
>>
>>52866651
Didn't trench warfare come to an end towards of WW1?
>>
>>52867023
*towards the end of WW1
>>
>>52867050
Are you nuts? Trench Warfare still exist today, just not used by fully modern militarizes. Technically if you had enough fox holes next to one another you'd end up in trench warfare... but that's neither here nor there.

Trench warfare was still used well into WW2 mate.
>>
>>52867023
Trenchwarfare is always still used anon, making your very own temporary fortifications into the ground is just good tactics no matter how you see it. It's just mechanized warfare makes it hard for it to stagnate into stalemates.
>>
IT IS AN ALTERNATE HISTORY WHERE MAGIC MEANS ALL SIDES OF A CONFLICT HAVE FAST MOVING RECONNAISSANCE TROOPS THAT CAN ALSO BE USED A SMALL SCALE ARTILLERY AND INSTANTANEOUSLY COMMUNICATE

IT IS NOT WORLD WAR 1 OR 2 BECAUSE IT'S BASED ROUND ENTIRELY DIFFERENT POLITICAL FORCES AND TECHNOLOGIES

TANYA BOMBARDS A HORSERIDING BATTALION AND NAPOLEON-ERA MUSKETEERS, CAN ANY BATTLE IN THE REAL WORLD BE ANALOGOUS TO ATTACK GUNSHIPS STRAFING MUSKET WIELDING TROOPS AND HORSE?
>>
>>52867269
DID YOU REALLY NEED TO USE ALL CAPS?

If you are wondering what the answer is, it's "no".
>>
>>52861219
Is there a rp system around OP the faggot?
>>
>>52867269
Well machine guns kind of had that effect on horse charges i.e people stopped doing them real quick
>>
>>52867269
>TANYA BOMBARDS A HORSERIDING BATTALION AND NAPOLEON-ERA MUSKETEERS, CAN ANY BATTLE IN THE REAL WORLD BE ANALOGOUS TO ATTACK GUNSHIPS STRAFING MUSKET WIELDING TROOPS AND HORSE?

The Brits did that plenty often in Afghanistan. The experience formed the basis of their aerial doctrine.
>>
>>52868171
So, she's not a Nazi, she's colonialist scum?

BECAUSE THAT MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS THE REASONS BEHIND SAYING SHE'S A NAZI

>>52867284
MY CAPSLOCK KEY IS BROKEN SEND HELP OR A NEW KEYBOARD I DON'T WANT TO USE SHIFT FOR EVERY LETTER
>>
>>52861219
Russian Roulette.
>>
>>52862625
>that pic
isekai is pretty much its own genre. Bitching about it pretty much like bitching about literally any other genre.

>It's another 'everyman in mundane life gets upended by the call to adventure, goes on to greatness, and changes the world by defeating a prominent villain/empire/king episode
>>
>>52868249
>MY CAPSLOCK KEY IS BROKEN SEND HELP OR A NEW KEYBOARD I DON'T WANT TO USE SHIFT FOR EVERY LETTER
Use on screen keyboard then, afterwards, kill yourself.
>>
File: 1488931960026.png (173KB, 329x442px) Image search: [Google]
1488931960026.png
173KB, 329x442px
>>52866933
>season 2
Don't hold your breath.
>>
>>52862830
Fun fact. At least one high ranking german official (I think military officer) wanted to start a war with Russia because Russia didn't have a large railroad yet, but it was building one. And once it was built, the german officer thought Germany wouldn't be able to beat Russia. So best start that war before 1917 (or whenever they thought that railway was going to be finished).

I think it kind of mirrors how in Saga of Tanya everyone is attacking the empire (the German, or alternatively, Central Powers) stand in because they are afraid of it's growing power (Well there is also god being a dick too but whatever).

Of course in the real WWI it was set off because some Serbian idiots decided to assassinate the guy who kept some idiotic Austrian official from attacking Serbia, who in turn (without dearly departed Archduke Ferdinand's interference) got his country to attack Serbia.
>>
>>52861219
>japshit
>obsessed with little girls
>obsessed with the nazis
you can't make this shit up
>>
File: 1486212264709.jpg (192KB, 480x774px) Image search: [Google]
1486212264709.jpg
192KB, 480x774px
>>52868608
>Fun fact. At least one high ranking german official (I think military officer) wanted to start a war with Russia because Russia didn't have a large railroad yet, but it was building one. And once it was built, the german officer thought Germany wouldn't be able to beat Russia. So best start that war before 1917 (or whenever they thought that railway was going to be finished).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_Crisis
>Bethmann Hollweg told Riezler that Germany was "completely paralysed" and that the "future belongs to Russia which is growing and growing, and is becoming an ever increasing nightmare to us".[59] Riezler went to write in his diary that Bethmann Hollweg painted a "devastating picture" with Russia building rail-roads in Congress Poland that allow Russia to mobilize faster once the Great Military Programme was finished in 1917,[60] and that an Austro-Serbian war would probably cause a world war, "which would lead to an overthrow of the existing order", but since the "existing order was lifeless and void of ideas", such a war could only be welcomed as a blessing to Germany.[60]
>Tschirschky told the Austro-Hungarian government that same day that "Germany would support the Monarchy through thick and thin, whatever action it decided to take against Serbia. The sooner Austria-Hungary struck, the better".[44] On 5 July 1914, Count Moltke, the Chief of the German General Staff, wrote that "Austria must beat the Serbs".[42]

The entire war was a diplomatic mess on account of the Germans though. Personally I'd say the fatal mistake was siding with Austria over Russia in Balkan affairs. A Germano-Russian war against Austria could be a great justification for a Grossdeutsche lösung, though on the other hand it would leave Germany with a dubious and ever more powerful ally in the East. I don't think there was a real 'correct' solution for Germany, so I'm glad I was never forced to call the shots.
>>
>>52863236
>A Slavic officer in WW1 Germany is just as unthinkable as a Slavic officer in WW2 Germany.
Is it, though?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyotr_Krasnov
My favourite part:
>At the end of the war, Krasnov and his men voluntarily surrendered to British forces in Austria. All of them were promised upon surrender by Major Davis that they, as White Russian emigres, would not be repatriated to the Soviets.
>On May 28, 1945, Pyotr Krasnov was handed over to the Soviets by the British authorities during Operation Keelhaul.
Trust the cockroach, feel the pain.
>>
>>52868502
Eh, crunchyroll is being payed for anyways, better hope out while watching other shit.
>>
File: 1314364915147.jpg (34KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1314364915147.jpg
34KB, 250x250px
>it's another episode of: 'Is there a specific game system for my shitty magical girl anime?'
>>
>>52869953
Jesus Christ Frank, stop shitposting on 4chan and get back to work.
>>
>>52868693
How does mentioning a guy who only ever served in Russia militaries in any way counter my point? He moved to Germany after WW1 ended but before WW2 began. He was then moved to France before he actually founded his anti-Soviet guerilla force.
>>
>>52868652
She's not a nazi
>>
>>52868284
So she's actually going to kill Being X? What a badass!
>>
>>52861219
It's called GURPS.
>>
>>52875204
By the way, that wasn't a real question, by which I mean I don't want you to answer it.
>>
>>52865641
Well yes. That was the whole point. God gave him power with certain conditions to access it and waits now to see when salaryman will break.

He also was a borderline sociopath to begin with. He actually gets better during the course of war and arguably starts looking at his subordinates as something more than numbers and meat shields.
>>
>>52875605
>He also was a borderline sociopath to begin with.
I think what a western audience could easily overlook is how hardcore it is of the guy to fire someone in his company in episode 2. Japan has a huge taboo surrounding that, people almost never get fired. Usually 'useless' people just get shoved to a corner of the company where they can do no harm (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/17/business/global/layoffs-illegal-japan-workers-are-sent-to-the-boredom-room.html), but they're almost never fired. And then this guy comes along, goes full AnCap and fires the guy. It also explains why it would drive the fired guy to attempt to kill Salaryman-kun: in Japan, you're not so much paid by experience or skill as you are paid by seniority. This is why a lot of Japanese stay with the same company for their entire lives: they're guaranteed to go up a paygrade regardless of circumstances (which is limiting but at the same time gives you a lot of security). This guy just got fired, which means that when applying for a new job he will get paid the same as a college graduate except he'll be older and less moldable and therefore a less attractive potential employee. By firing him, Salaryman-kun has effectively ruined his life.

There was this article where some American guy described just how different working in a Japanese (IT) company is, but I can't find it.

That said, the context is interesting for demonstrating "Tanya"'s psychopathy early on. If you don't know that, you'd just think that Salaryman-kun is doing something entirely normal and the fired guy is making a big deal out of nothing.
>>
>>52875757
The protagonist firing his murderer makes sense in our culture. The murderer was given time to get his shit together and he didn't. The protagonist sounded like he doesn't enjoy firing people and even dislikes it. He does however like getting paid and feeling like he's actually doing his job, which (for him) makes up for it.

I was aware of it being a norm to be paid based on seniority instead of merit in Japan, but I forgot, so thanks for reminding me.

>>52875605
I read that in the manga, Tanya gets worse in her new life. Taking pleasure in killing enemy soldiers. Tanya looks out for her own soldiers because if they die in her care, that makes her look bad. Also it looks good for her if she appears to care about her men.

In the anime, it looks like she enjoys killing soldiers, but perhaps not out of feeling powerful (like a typical serial killer would). It looks like a mixture of feeling satisfaction for doing her job, furthering her scheming (because she thinks if she is good at it, and by extension her job, she'll get promoted to the rear), and relief because she has less people trying kill her.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.