[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix the original dual lands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Taiga_.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Taiga_.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
How would you fix the original dual lands?
>>
Trick question, they are not broken.
>>
>>52859157
>strictly better than a basic land, making basic lands pointless
>not broken
>>
If it wasn't the first land played this turn, they do 2 damage to you.
>>
>>52859195
Rare has all the right to be strictly better than Common.
>>
>fire and nature
>taiga

What's the connection?
>>
>>52859233
>rarity is relevant outside of limited
wew lad
>how would you fix the original dual lands?
Make them come into play tapped unless you pay 2 life.
>>
>>52859144
The answer is every other dual land that's ever been made, particularly the shocklands.
>>
>>52859195

>i can use 20 dual lands

go away fast
>>
>>52859257
Tundra could be considered "mountainous" and one use of the word taiga refers to the northern part of the forested biome where you are approaching the tundra.
>>
>>52859233

1. No it doesn't, and
2. Basic lands aren't commons, they're a permanent core component of the game with no rarity. Allowing anything to be strictly better than a basic land is shit tier game design. WotC themselves realized this and created the whole concept of nonbasic hate just so that the real duals would technically have a weakness.

Original duals were a 100% design error, just like the moxen.
>>
>>52859233
You're having bad opinions on purpose, aren't you?
>>
>>52859276
They're strictly better than the four slots of basics they take.
>>
>>52859144
I remember my older brother had a Spanish version of this card that had a weird two-tone, blocky text background.
Wonder where that thing went to.
>>
>>52859332
ah yes, they are strictly better than basics, and that is why all legacy decks play no basics.

oh wait, every deck besides delver strategies plays some number of basics.
>>
>>52860187
>spike-fagging this hard
The only reason those decks run basics is because
a.) they cant play 20 duals
b.) the hate that >>52859332 already mentioned, implemented to force people to use basics
>>
>>52860187
what are you going on about
>>
File: frank.gif (669KB, 360x200px)
frank.gif
669KB, 360x200px
>>52859144

Have enough Non-Basic Land hate in each format, remove them from the Restricted List and print the ever living fuck out of them?
>>
>>52859195

Wasteland, Strip Mine, and Blood Moon exist.
>>
>>52860272
Wasteland and bloodmoon did nothing wrong
>>
>>52859144
they're not broken faget
>>
>>52860253
a) you can play tons of duals since fetchlands exist
b) thats like saying removal forces people to play creatures that can't be removed

nonbasics are just another aspect of the games that you need to know how to properly play with. The nonbasic land hate hits shocks, taplands, checklands, etc. just the same as it hits duals. Duals are just the right power level for formats like legacy and vintage. If you were forced to pay 2 life every time you wanted a land untapped, aggressive decks would get much better while nonbasic hate would be just as strong.
>>
>>52859144
Reprint them until each playset costs 12-15$.
>>
>>52860636
but then poorfag modern babbies will get to play legacy. People who don't have money but actually want to take the time to learn the format and not be a shitter should just buy chinamen fakes
>>
>>52860464
you know decks run basics for things like Path, right?
I think the power level is fine for legacy/vintage, but thats primarily because the power level of legacy/vintage in general is fucking busted
>>
>>52859144
Remove basic lands, allow more than 4 dual lands per deck, print them like their toilet paper.
>>
>>52860187
They play 1-3 basic exclusively to not be blown out by Path to Exile
>>
>>52860711
>>52860761
>path
>in legacy

hmm... pretty sure they play basics to play around a much more common card called wasteland
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.