[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New 40k Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 50

File: why should I trust you.png (6KB, 304x65px) Image search: [Google]
why should I trust you.png
6KB, 304x65px
OH

BOY

https://warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf
>>
>>52857680

>which will be available
from the get go in handy, low-cost books.
>low cost
:)
>>
>>52857727
Hey the core rules are supposed to be free, they do have that going for them, but they also added ways to play without points... So...
>>
File: muh good company.png (5KB, 555x64px) Image search: [Google]
muh good company.png
5KB, 555x64px
Also, they are really patting themselves on the back about this.
>>
File: Smash bildschirm.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Smash bildschirm.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>52857680
The only fun i have in my life, its over. AGE OF EMPEROR i kill myself.
>>
File: do a flip.jpg (108KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
do a flip.jpg
108KB, 1200x750px
>>52858450
Do a flip!
>>
>>52857824
So let faggots play without points. What's stopping them from doing that right now anyway?
>>
>>52857903
>tongue-and-cheekly makes fun of autistic sperglords like you
>autistic sperglord thinks they're patting themselves on the back

Boy, you sure have good reading comprehension!
>>
What's the point of autistically screeching when the edition isn't even out? Wait to see if it's shit, if it is then get pissed about it. There's a chance it can be good!
>>
File: falling skies.png (163KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
falling skies.png
163KB, 564x400px
>>
>>52857824
Core rules will be 4 pages like AoS to dumb it down. A lot of people were put off how 'complex' 40k is. From some leaks and talking to my local GW employee, it sounds very simple.
>>
>>52857903
>an FAQ

No one who says it "eff-ayy-cue" can possibly be trustworthy
>>
>>52862059

Effayyk you too buddy
>>
>>52857680
Self aware, still somehow cringey.
>haha we know a lot of you think we're shit
>>
>>52858450
how about growing up ?
>>
/tg/ I'm scared
>>
File: image.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
>>52857680
I have read a lot of the 40K books but never played. Am super pumped cause I may actually have the opportunity to get into the hobby now.

For reference, do the SoBs or Imperial Guard make good starting armies?
>>
>>52866708
Guard are unless you like money and well

>still have pewter models
>shittier space marines
>don't even have a coded before 8th drops

You get the drift
>>
>>52861841
There's also chance I'll win the top prize in the lottery and a lingerie model will fall deeply in love with me because of my amazing personality.
>>
>>52858450
>AGE OF EMPEROR
Wait, are they waking up the Emperor?
>>
>>52866708
No
>>
>>52866708
I started with guard. They're alright, although I find you can easily work yourself into a corner if your budget is limited (Infantry armies cost £££ for any kind of decent points cost).
>>
>>52857680
Come on, that joke is hilarious.
>>
>>52857727
AoS books are remarkably cheaper than the 40k variant, so if those old rumors about switching printers and to soft back while lowering prices are true good times ahead.
>>
>>52869078

>we're so ironic
>but we promise not to royally fuck you over.

EA is calling, they say you're stealing their schtick
>>
>>52869123

That's because the AoS books have No Content.
>>
>>52866708
>shitsters of basshole

wow sounds GREAT
>>
Will the N.E be Wargame scale or Skirmish scale? That is the question.
>>
>>52869135
I'm sure GW decided to lower prices because they looked and their books and went: "You know, there just isn't anything in these books, lets charge less." Certainly not what happened in 7th when they replaced art with photos and printed maybe 2 paragraphs of lore that wasn't recycled and still managed to charge the same/more per book.
>>
>>52869127
They're implicitly saying "well, you don't know that you can trust us, you'll just have to wait and see". Which is, you know, fine.
>>
File: W3NMolJ.jpg (56KB, 1081x500px) Image search: [Google]
W3NMolJ.jpg
56KB, 1081x500px
>>52869147
When I see marines this size, I think Skirmish that scales up rather than Wargame the scales down.
>>
>>52869190
Same
>>
>>52869147

It's going to be the same core rules as Necromunda from twenty plus years ago, stretched over a game that has jet fighters in 28mm scale on six foot tables and superheavy tanks.
>>
>>52866708
>SoB
anon, i-i... i don't know how to say this
>>
>>52868617 (OP) #
Anyone else just sticking with 7th? My gaming group unanimously decided to stay with 7th Edition. We'd rather not take part in the AoSification of 40k. Why can't GW just listen to their fans for once?
>>
>>52869635
7e is fucking garbage.
>>
>>52869635
>>52869670
7th has killed the local scene. Everyone in my area is cautiously optimistic that the only possible direction to go from here is up.
>>
>>52869635
>Anyone else just sticking with 7th?

My club is waiting to see the new rules before making that decision. 7th edition is shit, but I dislike AoS's rule systems so much I'd rather keep trucking with 7th than move to an AoS'ed 8th. But hopefully it won't come to that.
>>
File: tyranid ice cream.png (55KB, 1109x631px) Image search: [Google]
tyranid ice cream.png
55KB, 1109x631px
Fellow nidfags, are you ready for everything to get worse

Because I sure am
>>
>>52869789
>I'm an ork
>>
>>52857680
I don't understand the difference between Open Play and Narrative Play?

They are both "get models you want to use and put them on the table"
One is just suggested to be "Get fluffy army and put it on the table" and the other is "Get any random models and put them on the table" but both are the same in the sense of no point limitation?

I assume this is just taken straight from AoS as I have heard these terms on the streams.

Can anyone verify?
>>
>>52869789
>Everyone complains about Monstrous Creatures being OP in 7th
>GW makes a huge deal about how they've "listened to the fans" when writing 8th
>Carnifexes somehow become even worse
>>
>>52869635
>Why can't GW just listen to their fans for once?
Isn't that what they are trying to do?
>>
>>52869635
7th is literally the worst edition of 40k. 90% of any given codex isn't even usable at this point, all faggots do is spam bullshit formations and riptide because why not. The sooner this turn one skyhammer semi flaccid battle demi decursion formation bullshit is put to a stop the better
>>
>>52869849
I don't think anyone was asking for them to take a huge shit on the setting and focus even more on even more special snowflakey marines. In fact that is the exact opposite of what people wanted.
>>
>>52866708
>mfw hordes of casual sheeple just like this lemming will do the same at the worst time they possibly could
>paying money for 40K: age of smegma
>>
>>52869871
>>52869871
That's what has leaked out?
>>
So... Are they waking up the Emperor or what?
>>
>>52866708
SoB are a meme and were never intended as a full army.
>>
>>52861465
Boy, you sure are projecting!
>>
File: 1468238840995.jpg (274KB, 1470x2205px) Image search: [Google]
1468238840995.jpg
274KB, 1470x2205px
I like Eldar.
How do I get into tabletop?
>>
>>52870127
t. Fantasy battle player "get off mah lawn"ing new players.
>>
File: games_workshop_team_1982.jpg (171KB, 809x597px) Image search: [Google]
games_workshop_team_1982.jpg
171KB, 809x597px
>>52870246
Good deflection, well done. Enjoy wasting away your money on a company that instead of being blatantly disrespectful and incompetent, will now poke fun at their past mistakes while only marginally throwing the customer a bone just to get everyone screaming "their changing for the better hold on and wait and see!"
>>
>>52870337
well yeah i ain't gay ;)
>>
>>52870329
Im in the hobby to have a good time and put together an army of miniatures I like. I could care less what shitty corporate decisions they make. If you want to pout then Santa wont bring you the new Combi-Bolter you asked for this year.
>>
>>52869789
anon, both nids and orkz are at the point where any nerf will make us stronger.
>>
File: 1483511024248.jpg (455KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
1483511024248.jpg
455KB, 1920x802px
>>52861841
>There's a chance it can be good!
>>
>>52869635
>Why can't GW just listen to their fans for once?
Because GW fans are human garbage.
>>
Is there a way to make the Tyrannids not broken while not making them lame?
>>
>>52870246
Nice try redshirt.

40k id ded.
>>
>>52869635
i love how someone posts this every edition.
>>
>>52861841
Given that their releases haven't notably improved at all in terms of rules and balance, it's utterly retarded to think they might magically improve suddenly despite it still being same pack of incompetent tardlords writing the rules.
>>
So I read a AoS guys unit sheets and saw that units have a "to hit" roll and a "to wound" roll. How does this differ from strength vs toughness? Does this mean a certain weapon is as likely to pen a tank as it is an infantryman?

I feel like that wouldn't work in 49k if it was so.
>>
>>52869156
Wasn't age of Sigmar selling way less than what they anticipated?

I remember seeing threads about AoS boxes being sold for clearance prices and nobody bought them anyway.

Maybe that's why the books are cheaper (so they have a larger chance of getting sold in the first place).
>>
File: guardsman plasma 40k.jpg (22KB, 250x432px) Image search: [Google]
guardsman plasma 40k.jpg
22KB, 250x432px
>>52857680
>people complain about 40k's rules

Why don't we all, together, write our own rule books?

I mean we could even write rules of xenos that GW hasn't made any rules for.
>>
>>52872680

Tanks will have high armour saves, and lots of wounds. So they're quite 'meaty' compared to infantry, and require either lots of firepower, or powerful firepower to put down. And if they bring across AoS mechanics, stuff like mortal wounds instant kill most infantry, but they'll just chip away at tanks.

Toughness tends to be expressed more in wounds and saves and special rules now. Which is fairly sensible, considering how narrow the likely toughness range was in 40k. 90% of things were either 3, 4, or 5, and a significant amount of to wound rolls were 2+ due to decent strength.
>>
>>52871215

its more likley a woman(man)
>>
>>52873401
Feels like an oversimplification of vehicular combat to me. I'll have to see if they keep armor facings before I make a judgement. It would suck if they didn't keep the Russtough and cheap just because the new system doesn't account for its critically weak rear armor.
>>
>>52869849
By 'listen to their fans' anon means 'listen to me'.
>>
>>52871215
What is a "Wo-man"?
>>
>>52873342

Because /tg/ is full if even dumber morons than gw.
>>
>>52873401
>>52873976
>assuming that the system will be like AoS because you are drinking the /tg/ koolaid
Did you think the fake 6th AND 7th edition corebook leaks were real, too?
>>
>>52873976

Considering they're using something toughness like, I'd be very surprised if they didn't have a facing factor to it.
>oversimplification
It's not exactly losing much compared to the present system, though. Something of the randomness, maybe, but remember that diminished functioning is going to be a part of the system.
>>
>>52869827
Yes there's no points in narrative play, but it's not strictly intended for "play with whatever you want". There's more emphasis on campaigns or themed battles and scenarios.

Open play is the one that barely needs to be mentioned in the rules. It should be common sense that players can toss out whatever rules they as long as they agree on it, but it's in the book anyway so people know it's endorsed by GW.

IMO, matched is for tourneys and pick up games, narrative is for campaigns and storytelling, and open is for shits and gigs like "how many grots does it take to kill guiliman?"

Open and narrative are only "the same" in the sense that there's no points. But there's much more to a game than just points/list building, which is why they're separate.
>>
>>52874117
Never had the chance. Only joined a year ago. As for why? Well if I'm a game designer and I see something work once, I'm probably going to repeat it. And nothing in the FAQ has done anything but point to this system.

>>52874119
I'll accept it without complaint if we get armor facings, but I think it's worth noting that vehicles as we know them are not "meaty" and cannot soak up damage. Rather, they are very squishy inside, and what makes them strong is the strength required to damage them to begin with. Seeing that change isn't something I'll enjoy but it's not a deal breaker or anything
>>
>>52874415
>are not "meaty"
Depends on what you're shooting them with, but barring some excellent rolls, they routinely need multiple hits from strong AT weapons to kill them. Yes, you can kill them quicker with stuff like say, Fire Dragons, or other AP1 stuff, but I daresay that sort of weapon will likely have some sort of additional wounds mechanic that will translate into a comparable level of hits/kills ratio.

Honestly, you should have seen things in 3rd ed. Pretty much the epitome of all or nothing, all in one roll.
>>
>>52874522
I'm also not so sure about weapons rolling to wound instead of toughness vs strength. I mean, there was confusion there yes, but the confusion was the chart they used, not the system itself. They could just use "strength + D6 to beat toughness" like DnD on a D6 and that would clear up any game delays super fast.
>>
>>52871183
I've been playing since 2nd. It really is pathetic to see the doom-saying every fucking time.
>>
>>52862033
But you could already fit the entirety of the core rules in, like 5 or 6 pages. Losing a page or two isn't inherently a bad thing (but it'll probably end up shit anyways).
>>
>>52874106
not true, we just can never reach consensus and for our rules to be universally accepted you need it.

That's why we complain about GW rules in general while still laughing at people making house rules.
>>
a summary of the livestream they just did earlier.

Couldn't catch the live stream? Here is a summary (pay particular attention to last question):

Q: Working with a couple concepts, change movement, armor modifiers, new way of doing charges, if you charge you strike first, morale changes.
A: Yes. these were concepts discussed at Adepticon.

Q: Any specific rules around vehicles and armor values?
A: No armor value anymore. All models use the same type of stat line. Big tanks get wounded (all have a damage table and stats decrease). Different for every model. Keeps vehicles through the game. Str and Toughness works where everyone can hurt everyone. (sounds like AoS there)

Q: Will each army keep its current play style?
A: Yes they are trying to keep the styles similar.

Q: Is the game still a D6 system?
A: Yes it is

Q: How long does a game take in comparison to a 1500 point game now?
A: Games were taking 3.5 hours during team tournament in 7th at Adepticon. 1500 points is about 90min. Games should take about 2 hours in general.
>>
>>52876237
If you just bought a codex or rulebook.... The customer service team will be handing out vouchers within 8 weeks of the announcement to cover the cost of the rulebook.

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2017/04/ongoing-updates-for-live-40k-qna.html
>>
>>52876237
>Q: Any specific rules around vehicles and armor values?
>A: No armor value anymore. All models use the same type of stat line. Big tanks get wounded (all have a damage table and stats decrease). Different for every model. Keeps vehicles through the game. Str and Toughness works where everyone can hurt everyone. (sounds like AoS there)

So they'll just have a toughness value like infantry models?
>>
>>52876237
Q: Support for narrative play allowing connections to offshoots such as Shadow War?
A: Yes absolutely. Lots of campaigns, war zones and lots of ways of reflecting the 40k galaxy.

Q: Will any models - miniatures and scenery NOT receive new rules in the new edition?
A: No. they are all in

Q: Command points? what can you tell us.
A: Charges fight first, armies playing to play style. One of the mechanisms is called Command Points which allows you to make the army. You generate command points based on how large the army is. (Reroll dice, interrupt charging going first with a command point, etc. They are super valuable and tactical to use. Once they are gone they are gone. Additional command points will be in the various codexes (see below) Command points will for example, not only define a Space Marine army - but also the FLAVOR of Space Marine Army.

Battle Forged - Force org is in during base and competitive play. About 14 different force orgs charts.

Q: Are codexes going away?
A: No. There will be new ones in the new edition.

Q: Are Templates going away?
A: Yes they are.

Q: Are there limits to command points?
A: Yes. 1 per phase and also by formation.
>>
>>52873342
Because /tg/ is the embodiment of Chaos - no leadership, no direction, no one ever getting anywhere.

Just look at Abaddon. Does he ever get shit done? No. Because Chaos sucks.
>>
>>52876331

Q: Has the new edition been better tested?
A: yes. A lot. In the US. Frontline, Nova, and Adepticon have tested every single unit from every codex.

Q: How will I get access to the rules for my army
A: Everyone will get their new rules Day 1. On launch there will be a series of 5 books. On that day there will be all rules available. All points have been rebalanced and units have been play tested. When your codex comes out it will include new command points, etc. Army special rules, etc.

Q: Will broken units be taken down a peg?
A: All units have been play tested. At launch this will be the most robust and most balanced version we have.

Q: Will matched play session of the 3 ways to play be updated regularly?
A: Yes. Looking at AoS and how it was done. Book will come out annually which addresses all three styles of play.

Q: How will free rules be presented?
A: Digital and all of our stores and some independent stockiest will have a limited supply at launch in print format

Q: Will there be an App with an Army Builder like AoS
A: We are working on a WH40k App. Not available on launch but later.

Q: Will we see a specific set of tournament rules?
A: Not a specific set - but match play is a good start and some guidance to tournament organizers
>>
>>52876388
Q: How can we be confident you have had enough time to do this for all models and rules?
A: Its been a long time in the making. We engaged with others quite awhile ago and we are pleased and confident that its going to be great.

Q: What were the Top 3 goals of the design team for this edition?
A: Lots of goals. 1 to make a game that worked for all three ways to play. Spent a lot of time on the background. Push to the forefront the battle between Imperium and Chaos. Thats not the rightful place. Chaos is the big threat to the galaxy. You will see that come through more over the next couple of years. Over the 2+ years that 7th has been around we have received a lot of feedback from players. This edition tried REALLY hard to make it the game you asked for. We are listening and trying to tick the boxes that you are asking for.

Q: When is the new edition being released?
A: This year. We will have more news on that very soon. But not today.

Q: Will we see more at Warhammer Fest?
A: Safe to assume we will show more there.

Q: With the advent of AoS we saw a lot of models disappear. Will the same thing happen to 40k?
A: No. All factions and models currently represented will be there.

Q: Will we have points on launch?
A: more than one set of them. We have two different ways to play. One called Power Level focused on narrative play, doesn’t matter what you equip with. broad brush stroke. Just for fun but has some structure.

Then there are matched play points which are more granular where you are paying points for models, weapons, equipment, etc.

Two different ways focused on the way you want to play.
>>
>>52876405

Q: Some factions seem to be missing from the website
A: Site is from a narrative point of view. All factions are still there. (eg: Astra Militarum vs Tempestus Scions). its a very top level view of how things fit.

Q: Will we see any new factions we haven’t seen before?
A: Yes. New things on the way. (even for launch)

Q: What about monsters being effected by Damage?
A: As they get wounded they get weaker. Just like vehicles. Its very fun and narrative.

Q: Will bolters be able to damage tanks?
A: Yes everything can hurt everything - BUT its hard to do. No stat is capped at 10 any longer. The big heavy weapons cause multiple damage now.

Q: What sizes of games are supported?
A: All sorts of sizes. Match play scales through about 1000 points to much larger. Narrative play scales from about a 1000 to the skies the limit.

Q: What model has the highest wound count.
A: Knights are pretty high - but don’t recall off the top of head.

Q: Recognizable Force Org Chart?
A: Yes
>>
>>52869135
found the guy who doesn't actually play aos
>>
>>52876294
Wonderful. My baneblade can now be killed by rank-firing guardsmen. Joy.
>>
>>52876433

Q: Allied forces still viable?
A: yes but it works differently now. Addresses Death Stars. Its a keyword driven system (like AoS) so some units will NOT play off of other units due to key word. Abilities are passed on to units they SHOULD be passed on to and not units they should not.

Q: Will there be deathstars in the game?
A: A tournament term - they normally come about as a result of holes in the rules and work as never anticipated. Things that don’t fit the narrative. The keywords help keep this in check. We can be much more in control of the synergies.

Q: Is close combat going to be viable again?
A: Absolutely. Its a huge part of the game and was missed before. You will see some changes.

Q: Will there be benefits to sticking to one faction?
A: Yes there will be. Mostly based on command points.

Q: What are you guys most looking forward to?
A: Looking forward to reaction to the finished product. We want to see how close we got to what people were asking for.

Q: FW Rules
A: Will be available in the same way though not necessarily the same place.

Q: Background change?
A: We aren’t going to radically change what 40k is about but we are going to advance the storyline and add more background.

Q: People asking about I bought a rulebook or codex fairly recently and now it won’t be valid. What should I do?
A: Everything we have launched in the new game - our customer service people will send vouchers for the value of their purchase for last 8 weeks if you have proof of purchase. Email customer service team on GW website and they will sort you out
>>
>>52876444

Previously it was easly killed by any dumb melee unit hitting it automaticaly on back armor.

I can trade it.
>>
>>52876294
sounds like it yeah. presumably they'll just be ultra high toughness. like even sentinels get T8 or so.
>>
>>52876433
>No stat is capped at 10 any longer
sleeper change but possibly amazing
>>
>>52870329
7e is terrible my dude
>>
>>52870504

>We have nowhere to go but up!

Just like Bretonnia and the Tomb Kings
>>
>>52876481
They at least needed an axe, hammer, fist, or meltabomb to do it against AV12 though
>>
>>52876444
they're certain to be very high toughness.
in 7e T7 is functionally the same as AV 10. Immune to S3 or less, S4 on a 6+ and so on.
T10 is AV 14.
>>
Just so you guys know the rules are launching at Warhammer Fest.
>>
>>52876444
'grats on being retarded.
>>
>>52876558
With the very major difference that Autocannons can wound a t10 character but not an AV14 tank. Not that it matters anymore. As they said, "everyone can hurt everyone"
>>
>>52876512
Yeah, this one could be a massive influence.
>>
>>52876444
See
>>52876433
Stats aren't capped at 10.
>>
>>52876388
>On launch there will be a series of 5 books.

well presumably 3 then will be Imperial, Chaos and Eldar.
then what necrons and tau in one as more "ordered" xenos and Tyranids and orks as the destructive xenos?
>>
>>52866708
Guard can work, but SoB are effectively unplayable for new players.

They haven't had a codex in years, their models are still pewter and are considerably more expensive than other factions, and they have very low variety in their available models.
>>
>>52876635
How would they handle this, requiring to-wound rolls of 6 followed by 6s and maybe even a further 4,5 or 6?
>>
>>52876683
See
>Anyone can hurt anyone

One of their explicit goals of the new system
>>
>>52876740
possibly. BS above 5 works much that way in 7e
>>
>>52876405
> Push to the forefront the battle between Imperium and Chaos. Thats not the rightful place. Chaos is the big threat to the galaxy. You will see that come through more over the next couple of years.

please no
>>
>>52869871
>Tons of people asking for this
>WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN TO ME SPECIFICALLY
>>
>>52870329
>Good Deflection
>Posted nothing of value to begin with.
>>
>>52876786
"Can hurt" doesn't mean "can hurt easily".
>>
>>52876456
>: What are you guys most looking forward to?
>A: Looking forward to reaction to the finished product.
Have they ever met their players?
>>
>>52877005
Rank
Firing
Guardsmen

Eat 280 lasgun shots and tell me again that the rifle isn't a threat to the tank. It might be hard, but hard will never be the same as impossible. And lord knows guardsman will play the odds against you until you those 1s you thought so impossible.
>>
>>52877079
you're assuming first fire works the same way in 8e.
>>
>>52871215
>believes woman post on /tg/ in anything other than nid threads.

Good try though
>>
>>52877261
Not that anon, but why? That would be a weird assumption since pretty much all the rules seem to be changing. Anon's just extrapolating from
>anyone can hurt anyone
to
>a large number of guardsmen can kill a tank
...which hardly seems crazy.
>>
File: 1488490659161.jpg (46KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
1488490659161.jpg
46KB, 400x550px
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>52877079
Oh I forgot you have the new rules in front of you.
Silly me.
>>
>>52877079
Since S3 shots can't hurt any vehicle right now it's likely that it won't hurt any vehicle in the 8th edition.

I hope they change that though, S3 should be able to hurt things like eldar light vehicles and maybe even some imperial/ork light vehicles.
>>
>>52857680
I've heard rumor that all units will be able to assault out of all transports. Is Rhino Rush back?
>>
Are they gonna...dare I say, make cultists great??
>>
>>52877468
Everything can literally hurt everything. Grots can punch a Knight to death if you rolled well enough.

It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>52877468
I can see where every to wound of a 6, you get another dice to roll and you keep on adding those sixes until you get to the number. Then tank makes a save.

I'm actually really happy for everything kills everything system. No longer do newbies have to scoop because their opponent busted out a knights list. Now they have at least a one in a million chance of putting up a fight.
>>
>>52877752
or just remove Knights which were stupid addition anyway
>>
>>52877715
Grots could already destroy a knight dumbass.
>>
>>52876331
>templates going away
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>charging units strike first

Goodbye harlequins initiative...
>>
>>52878093
What exactly does that mean though? How will Basilisks and Vindicators work?
>>
>>52862033
Your local GW employee doesn't know shit.

Source: new GW employee.
>>
>>52878093
eh. doesn't really bother me.

in the end it was just a lot of work to get to the end result of this 1 shot hits many dudes. Something like Blast X hits XD3 models in the enemy unit gives you functionally much the same result but is a lot easier and quicker to do.
>>
>>52878170
like AoS: damage roll to the entire unit
>>
>>52878170
Who knows, maybe something like

>Nominate a point in the battlefield
>Roll to hit against all units within x'' of it, something like 2d6 hits per unit or something
>>
>>52878162
there's sure to be exceptions like when fantasy did it.

I'm will to bet always strikes first/last is a special rule that things like harlequin , genestealers or thunderhammers would get as appropriate. terrain will probably effect it to I'd wager.
>>
>>52878205
i liked templates a lot, they were fun as fuck, especially in third.
But yeah, they slowed stuff down a lot
>>
File: blood.jpg (86KB, 714x832px) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
86KB, 714x832px
>>52861968

We die.
>>
>>52878235
If GW was smart they would make charge be Initiative value +d6'' so armies with higher initiative have the chance to outmaneuver those with lower and make sure they charge first.
>>
>>52876696
My guess is:
>Astartes
>rest of Imperium
>Chaos
>Eldar
>rest of Xenos
>>
It was interesting seeing the people who vehemently insisted 40k could NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES have anything even remotely NEAR a AoS equivalent and that anyone who thought so was literally retarded grow increasingly less confident as Gathering Storm and early impressions of 8th unfolded
>>
>>52878235
so kinda like in third?
>>
>>52877715
Imagine a swarm of grits crawling over a knight, pulling at battle damage, pulling on hoses, taking wrenches to exposed nuts and bolts. One of those things has got to give eventually and so a knight might suffer some damage. My guess is it will be statistically nearly impossible for grots to "punch" a knight to death, but there's the chance that they could strip the last hp off of a severely damaged knight.

Have an imagination.
>>
>>52870223
>hey you're acting like a retard
>N-NO U!

Nice save, man.
>>
>>52878218
So can I not hit multiple units with a single shot?
>>
>>52878396
no one was saying the mechanics wouldn't shift closer to AoS. thats what we all expected.

we were saying the setting isn't going to get an AoS style reboot, which GW have confirmed isn't happening.
>>
>>52878425
>Imagine a swarm of grits crawling over a knight, pulling at battle damage, pulling on hoses, taking wrenches to exposed nuts and bolts. One of those things has got to give eventually and so a knight might suffer some damage. My guess is it will be statistically nearly impossible for grots to "punch" a knight to death, but there's the chance that they could strip the last hp off of a severely damaged knight
thats literally exactly what happened in the battle for Macragge, other than it being gaunts killing titans.
>>
>>52878032
Beyond haters like you and me, they were well received. I'll never buy a knight, but a person who has a knights force shouldn't get shafted either
>>
>>52878392
>Eldar
>it's own faction

They'll most likely be a minor faction in the Tau codex (that will be renamed "the greater good"= along with kroot and vespin.
>>
>>52878448
I dunno, read the 8th Edition Rulebook.

OH WAIT
>>
>>52878170
Assuming something like Bolt Action where you do D6, 2D6, whatever hits to the unit.
>>
Since blast weapons will now be something like 2d6 for the number of wounds rather than a blast template how will this factor in on units that have models less than the what the dice rolls?

If I roll 8 on a unit of 5 space marines and only kill 3 with the 5 rolls will I then get to use the remaining 3 hits or will they disappear?
>>
It can't be any worse than 7th edition, right guys?
>>
>>52877715
Why is that stupid?
Now theirs a reason to take Grots and not worry about someone taking a knight.
Knight players can't just rest on a high AV crutch they need to consider how to act to avoid giving their enemy too many rolls.

>>52878032
Knights aren't stupid. There rules are. This edition changes that.
People need to stop bitching about the abstract concept of a unit. You either hate the rules, or the fluff, or the model or all three but don't act like every last element of the Knight is broken because one part is.

>>52876740
Giving Vehicles 2 kinds of saves.
Giving Vehicles double-digit wounds.
Giving Vehicles super high toughness.

We simply don't now enough to ask.
We don't know if BS works the same if toughness will remain, if armor saves exist and how the vehicle table shapes out.
>>
>>52878392
Mins is:
Astartes: the 6 codex compliant plus some successors with SW, BA, and DA maybe having separate books as they do. Although I'd like to see it chopped up into 3. Strength and Honor (UM, IF, IH), Angels of Death (DA, BA, RG), Noble Savages (SW, WS, Sal).

Imperium: ig, admech, inquisition

Chaos: major legions and war bands, cultists. Although I'd like to see it chopped up into 3 blocks. Vengeful Sons (BL, NL, AL), Death and Destruction (DG, IW, WE), The Cursed (WB, TS, EC)

Xenos (order): eldar, tau, necrons

Xenos (destruction) orks, tyranids , genestealer cults.
>>
>>52873976
Man i've never hit the back armor a Russ. Armor value rarely mattered, good players could position so it nevered made a difference. It was just a gimmick that caused newbs to loss easy if they played with their tanks how they liked.
>>
>>52857680
lol damn
Pretty much openly admitting to shitting on their player base for years.
>>
>>52878671
Doubtful. Just the death of formations means it's better right off the bat.
>>
>>52878683
>reason to take grots
anon, grots are actually better than boyz, points-wise
>>
>>52878752
Eh, management changes, staff changes, calling it how it is is refreshing. I say it's better for them to go "sorry for the late unpleasantness, chaps, but we've had a huge staffing shakeup and we're trying to be better now"

Instead of

"Everything we say and do is right"
>>
>>52878671
Already sounds a lot better than anything since 2nd edition
>>
>>52878652
1 explosion can only hit each dude once.
so the extras would logically be lost.
Like when you shoot a large blast at a unit of 3 guys, sure you can potentially fit like minis 10 under template, but at the moment there's only 3 so only 3 hits.
>>
File: 960x642.png (291KB, 960x642px) Image search: [Google]
960x642.png
291KB, 960x642px
>>
>>52878953
i chuckled
>>
>>52878860
Same. Giving a huge sigh of relief since the q and a.
>>
>>52878797
Thank god. Keeping those in AoS was a mistake, but if they are booted out for good then hopefully the game will become less of a clusterfuck. Now all they need to do is actually playtest things.
>>
>>52878953
Infinity is great, the models gorgeous, the lore is decent too. It's just not an armies vs armies kind of game.
>>
>>52878953
That game looks cool, but no one nearby plays the thing. Maybe Flames of War will be more up my alley.
>>
>>52861841
I don't expect much from 8th Ed. but the fact GW is at least trying to change is refreshing at least.
>>
>>52878953
go shill your furry shit elsewhere
>>
>>52878921
I was thinking that too but if you have a unit of, let's say, 20 guardsman that fire at 6 space marines and manage to do 10 wounds the marines will need to do 10 saves rather than 6 (with the other 4 just disappearing).

Since it would be much easier to balance artillery with regular infantry if they both attacked the same way I think GW might take the easy way out and just make artillery "shoot" enemies like infantry does. This would also make the game more straight forward since no special rules are needed.
>>
>>52878338

That doesn't make much sense because initiative doesn't interact with movement at all.

Not to mention they're already doing that with movement values, Eldar will likely be among the fastest units.

>>52878396

Shitposters and salty Fantasyfags were stamping their feet all along and saying that 40k was going to get a reboot because even they know lore matters more than mechanics. That didn't happen so now they've either given up or fallen back to harping about possible rules.
>>
>>52878740
You're an actual retard
>>
>I love it. I want it. When can I have it!
Said no one ever
>>
>actually going to make an effort to balance their game

What timeline are we win?
>>
>>52879939
I wouldn't get your hopes up. They will trim the fat at least as they did with AoS.
>>
File: 411887-odst2.jpg (140KB, 925x1200px) Image search: [Google]
411887-odst2.jpg
140KB, 925x1200px
>>52878953
>haqqislam is based on the Islamic golden age instead of being space-ISIS

Wasted opportunity. The faction would have been way more interesting and enjoyable to play with if their fluff was interesting.

The problem I have with infinity is that everybody is the good guys according to them. They're all justified by their actions and no faction ever does anything morally questionable let alone bankrupt.

It's a setting with various shades of light gray fighting each other.
>>
>>52880472
Space China is pretty evil
>>
>>52878818
They're only better than boyz because paying a 70 pt grot tax for two squads is cheaper than paying a 120 pt boy tax for two squads.
>>
>>52880472
You just want to be a /pol/ shitter
>>
File: 2ihl0s0.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2ihl0s0.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
>>52881243
It's kinda hard to explain so I'll try again.

Let's say you're watching a movie and it's about two cops who are caught by criminals and forced into a cage. If a cop kills the other the criminals will let him go. Both cops have children at home they need to take care of so they start killing each other.

That's kind of how I see Infinity, they're all good people (like the cops) who only really fight because of circumstance (the criminals are forcing them).

In 40k all factions are straight up evil (except the Tau to a certain extent) so if an ork kills a guardsman or an eldar kills on ork it's enjoyable since they're all shitty people.
>>
>>52877079

280 shots.

140 hits.

23 wounds (assuming 6's required)

and since vehicles now have armour I'd assume you'd get a 2+ on a baneblade.

so thats 4 wounds.

on a model which already has 12 hullpoints before any changes.

and most of the greater daemons in fantasy got their wound number doubled, so you'll probably have something in the range of 18~24 wounds on that baneblade.

you've got nothing to worry about
>>
>>52881425
So your argument is that they are both shitty and have nothing to do with the fact that you want Islam faction to be the bad one?
>>
>>52881473
>implying it won't be 3+ or 4+ like everything in AoS
>>
>>52881546
>implying anyone knows
>>
>>52877079

>
Eat 280 lasgun shots and tell me again that the rifle isn't a threat to the tank.

It isn't. 280 Las shots resulting in one or two wounds isn't going to do shit to a tank.
>>
>>52870329
That guy at the top left looks like james may
>>
>>52869077
And they're not very good out of a very specific formation or two, with absolutely ancient models.
>>
File: q1ynJ.jpg (693KB, 2556x2592px) Image search: [Google]
q1ynJ.jpg
693KB, 2556x2592px
>>52881495
>Islam faction to be the bad one?

Oh sorry, yeah that was badly worded on my end. I don't want the Islam faction to be the only bad one, I want all factions to be equally as bad (since if two bad guys kill each other I find that more enjoyable than if two good guys do it).

The reason to why I mentioned haqqislam by name is because I would very much like the idea of a "space Muslim faction" and since I like the way some of their models look.
>>
>>52881495
Islam doesnt have to be bad, this is a FANTASY game after all!
>>
I got this captcha a couple days ago and forgot to come here and share it with you guys
>>
>>52882255
If you want evil, Space China is very Imperium of man type of evil while the combined are generic alien invaders evil.
>>
>>52881473
>23 wounds (assuming 6's required)
Maybe the new system for wounding will go beyond 6 like to-hit rolls beyond 6. Or something else entirely.

>and since vehicles now have armour I'd assume you'd get a 2+ on a baneblade.
Or saves on 2D6 are back and vehicles will have them much like terminators from 2nd edition.
>>
>>52887078

Yeah but this is AoS now.

> 280 shots
> CCS Command Ability "Front Rank, Fire! Second Rank, Fire!- +1 to hit at short range.
> Commissar execution "Reroll all 1's to Hit and to Wound".
> Astra Militarum Warbattle Shocklegiones formation "All Lasguns gain an extra shot"
> If you shout "For the Emperor!" when attacking, add 1 to your Hit rolls. If you are also wearing a Commissars hat, add 1 to your Wound rolls".

And now those 4 Wounds are more like 27 because that's how AoS modifiers stack.
Just look at the Freeguild Handgunners.
>>
>>52858450
Good
>>
>>52857680
All I can think is all those years of NOT giving all my money to GW.
>>
File: 7edRef.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
7edRef.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>52862033
You can already stick all of the core rules on 8 pages. Your local GW employee also probably doesn't know shit. Thanks.
>>
>>52870127
>hordes of casual sheeple just like this lemming

Wow you really are a shining example of the exact cancerous elitist subcommunity within the 40k "hobby" who drive people away.
>>
>>52869870
You are absolutely on point.
I completely agree with the observation that a huge portion of each armies codex goes unused in favour of stupid cheesy exploitative formations and near-magical FW models. That's not to mention the absolutely abhorrent codex creep that pushed me and my friends out of 40k years ago.

A simultaneous codex release with fresh rules will be the best damn thing to happen to this game since 4th ed.
>>
Please god just let them give all the founding chapters their own codex. They've been moving that way for so long, just let it happen.
>>
>>52869789
I've had 5000pts of Tyranids packed away in my attic for the past couple of years just waiting for this time to come.

I'm sure my buddy will feel the same way about his abandoned ork army too.
>>
>>52887800
Maybe if you're an ant

I for one am looking forward to clear and concise rules written for human eyes with generous line spacing, that can fit on the last 4-6 pages of any codex
>>
>>52876251
Wow. That's... Actually really pro-consumer.
>>
>>52866708
Try Shadow War:Armageddon. Rules are available in it's general, you can get away with using just 5-10 models.
There really is no point in starting 40k untill 8th comes out.
>>
>>52862033
QA today they said the core rules are approximately 12 pages.
>>
>>52887893
..What? That .pdf is not that hard to read, mate.
>>
>>52869031
Na it'll be Age of the Primarchs. Bet ya
>>
>>52875945
This. Just fucking wait and see.
>>
>>52876331
This sounds fucking awful, instead of trimming and fixing there shit they just cut down the whole tree.

How the fuck will this affect 30k? Would the force HH armies to use the old rules or something?
>>
>>52888222
It's explained in the FAQ
In the beginning they will keep using the 7th edition rules, without currently having plan (or having told them) for later
>>
>>52888250
>without currently having plan (or having told them) for later
I am fucking mortified by this, they're really going all out aren't they? I hope they're truly being honest about the re balance.
>>
>>52888222
>This sounds fucking awful, instead of trimming and fixing
this is the source of all the problematic bloat if 7e. Making sure they're always backwards compatible means they've never been able to really make any significant changes.

A properly new eddition with actually new and changed mechanics is a good thing and the norm for pretty much every other sucessful game for good reason.
>>
>>52888295
This.

Every edition of 40k since 4th has been a patchwork job on 3rd ed. The tree is rotting and has overgrown.

It's time to cut the sucker down and actually try to get something good out of it.
>>
File: Slaanesh_mark.png (26KB, 136x134px) Image search: [Google]
Slaanesh_mark.png
26KB, 136x134px
>thinking eldar are going to move fastest
>>
>>52861841
If they actually manage to turn 40k into a good game overnight I want to know who supplies them with magical fairy dust.
>>
Now that have been assigned to Xenos Empire Grand Alliance, what are the chances that the Tau will reach a grand bargain with either the Necrons or the Eldar to gain access to the webway and expand their presence across the galaxy?
>>
>>52877022
>Have they ever met their players?

Most likely fully aware of it.
You know, it's shit now so if you make changes now it will probably be for the better.
Autists detest any change so violent screeching and reeing and such online means job well done.
>>
>>52880472
>The problem I have with infinity is that everybody is the good guys according to them.
Seems fine to me. In an advanced setting with information being the most important weapon available, not using it seems rather stupid.
>>
File: 1488508498370.jpg (42KB, 553x579px) Image search: [Google]
1488508498370.jpg
42KB, 553x579px
>>52888497
Thinking Slaanesh won't be captured by Eldar and removed from the game to make Chaos more kid friendly...
>>
>>52888679
in that case I'll sell my models and stop buying overpriced plastic
>>
File: 1489726916075.png (1MB, 1124x692px) Image search: [Google]
1489726916075.png
1MB, 1124x692px
>>52888766

Here's hoping they do that for your sake then.
>>
File: 415px-Slaanesh_by_zk87-d2z4bpv.jpg (42KB, 415x600px) Image search: [Google]
415px-Slaanesh_by_zk87-d2z4bpv.jpg
42KB, 415x600px
>>52888766
Actually scratch that, not selling my models, I like my kitbashed Daemonette w/ Witch Aelves bits. I will stop buying and pick up a different hobby though.
>>52888782
I like Slaanesh though
>>
>>52888787
slaanesh still gets her own listing on the new warhammer40000 site. I wouldn't expect any of the awol god stuff they did with him in AoS.
>>
>>52862033
12 pages, they said 12 pages in the Q&A yesterday.
>>
>>52888787
Not going anywhere annon, Slaanesh still a part of nothing is getting squatted. Lore has the imperium on the run at the start of this, and Ynead still to new and weak to go head to head with a several thousand years old God. Baby Golding that he is needs to nurse more before he can do anything.
>>
>>52888545
Im hoping since they said they were adding things including new races that the tau will be an empire with their auxiliaries taking more of place (and this is coming from someone who refuses to fight most tau lists nowdays)
>>
File: 1483332840991.jpg (115KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483332840991.jpg
115KB, 400x400px
>>52876529
>>
I'm happy as fuck about this. I don't understand how so many people can whine and cry over something they really have no idea about.
>>
File: 1486907875807.jpg (155KB, 1011x415px) Image search: [Google]
1486907875807.jpg
155KB, 1011x415px
>>52876895
>>
>>52891610
Same way you can be happy as fuck about something you really have no idea about
>>
File: 1492524816649.jpg (23KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1492524816649.jpg
23KB, 152x254px
>>52879022
I love infinity.
>>
File: 1492928195418.jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1492928195418.jpg
62KB, 428x410px
>>52879150
>>
>>52882255
Idk, they act like real world governments. THere are shitty psychos in the politics and military, but mostly everyone is just kinda selfish, but want their faction to succeed.

For example, Pan-Ocenia wants to mine the super rare neo-material Teseum on a backwater planet called Ariadna. So they hire mercenaries to guard the drilling site. The Ariadnans don't like it and attack (they are scottish savages, what did you expect) and the mercenaries get pissed and massacre a few villages.

Pan-O is the bad guys because they are stealing resouces and hired lunatic mercs, but not really because they really need that material to fight off the aliens on the other end of the sphere.

The Mercs are the bad guys because they murdered women and children, but they were understandable pissed about being attacked and losing friends.

And Ariadna was just defending their homeland, but they were the ones who started it all and killed a bunch of innocent workers just trying to earn a days wage. Not to mention with their low tech they can't even get to the deep metal Pan-O was taking.

I like that type of fluff, and find it much more interesting.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2040x1223px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2040x1223px
>>52879022
>the models gorgeous
>generic anime scifi shit
>gorgeous
One of these is an infinity model, the other is one of the first image results for "generic anime scifi power armor"
Can YOU tell the difference?
>>
>>52887901
Why aren't all the rules free? They are for Infinity, Armada and Guild Ball....
>>
>>52891750
Infinity is generic drivel done well. The game is absolutely shit, but the model quality is definitely on the high end.
>>
Should Vespids be a melee option?
>>
>>52891773
The quality is definitely good, I'd be a fool to deny that.
But it's high quality models that are generic anime super soldiers or half naked furries. The quality is good, the design philosophy is shit.
>>
File: 1469592256538.jpg (80KB, 436x675px) Image search: [Google]
1469592256538.jpg
80KB, 436x675px
>>52891750
Yes, I can.

Are dumpy potato men the only thing you can tell the difference between?
>>
File: 1490002599076.jpg (136KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
1490002599076.jpg
136KB, 900x507px
>>52891810
Its not at all. The design looks like actual power armor you will see in 100 years, rather than just as much nonsense crammed into every square inch of a model ala GW.
>>
>>52891780
No, reserve that for Kroot.

Honestly, I don't know what the fuck they can do with vespids. They are only really good for killing MEQ and dying right after.
>>
File: SHic70P.jpg (205KB, 1392x924px) Image search: [Google]
SHic70P.jpg
205KB, 1392x924px
>>52891773
>>
>>52891810
>>
File: LTZkl9Y.jpg (198KB, 1143x645px) Image search: [Google]
LTZkl9Y.jpg
198KB, 1143x645px
>>52891750
>>
>>52891833
>The design looks like actual power armor you will see in 100 years, rather than just as much nonsense crammed into every square inch of a model ala GW.
>muh anime models are totally realistic guys, you just don't get it!!!
>if you don't like it you must be a GW fanboy
>>
>>52891833
>multi segmented plates.
>vents and hole in armor
>complains about GW cramming details

Holy fuck infinity fags are delusional

Look everyone already admitted to Infinity model quality being high, but don't be a fucking blind idiotic piece of delusional shit.

Also, I'm amazed at your 100 year military foresight.
>>
>>52891841
vespid can be mobile close range shock troopers.
>>
File: 1451398209526.jpg (57KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1451398209526.jpg
57KB, 620x670px
>>52891596
>Replying to your own post
>>
File: 1466809353924.png (812KB, 918x525px) Image search: [Google]
1466809353924.png
812KB, 918x525px
>>52891884
>Tries to greentext mockingly
>Fails

Such is the state of 40k fandom.
>>
>>52891833
>>52891855
>>52891870
>>52891881
>but GW
nobody said GW looked good you mong.
Infintyfags are so insecure they assume everyone who doesn't like their generic anime shit are GWdrones
>>
>>52891894
Yeah, but crisis suits already fill that roll super easily by deepstriking. Honestly, crisis suits might be just too versatile.

Maybe making just dirt cheap might be the solution then. One shot plasma/fusion blaster crisis suits

Fuck, then what about the stealth suits? Goddamn it.
>>
File: Capture.png (52KB, 414x164px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52KB, 414x164px
>>52891896
kek
>>
File: chaddaddy.jpg (11KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
chaddaddy.jpg
11KB, 211x212px
>>52891881
>Cherry picking one of the worst chaos units ever made to desperately make a point
>>
>>52891917
>nobody said GW looked good you mong.
What models look good then?

KDM, Malifaux and Infinity are best in the industry IMO.
>>
>>52891841

But I like the Kroot as alien Vietcong Guerrilla snipers.
>>
>>52891941
Lol, there is plenty to pick from.

It's not cherry picking when 90% of the range looks like dogshit.
>>
>>52891924
vs crisis suits vespid can be cheaper, more numerous, faster (jump infantry vs jetpack) and decent in cc.

there can (and really) should be some overlaps in units roles within a codex. players should have a few options to fulfill a broad tactical role.
>>
>>52891953
GW, malifaux and infinity are all the same.
malifaux and infinity just look finer because they're more truescale than GW.
but the detailing itself is just as intricate on all 3.
>>
>>52891841
>No, reserve that for Kroot
tau can and really should have more than one choice for cc
>>
>>52891953
Darksword Miniatures has some pretty fantastic models, but they don't do games.
>>
>>52892055
I actually have a lot of personal gripe with Malifaux details. The cads are pretty shallow in details so painting details feel like freehand sometimes.
>>
>stats not capped at 10
This is excellent, the biggest issue with the current system was lack of stat granularity. Everything was 2-5 and the rest of the scale could fuck off unless you had a Riptide or something.
>>
Also how many different game systems has the average person here actually played? I didn't get a firm grasp on what made a ruleset good or bad until I had played about 10 different ones. How can someone who has only known the "3rd edition plus band-aids" system make a good judgement call on what's coming? I should set up a strawpoll or something.
>>
File: vpthumbs911.png (9KB, 323x298px) Image search: [Google]
vpthumbs911.png
9KB, 323x298px
>>52891968
>it's not cherry picking if i type lol and make sweeping statements

Yeah yeah, fuck off back to your own threads, Infinicuck, if they even exist that is
>>
>>52888029
Yes it is. Its terribly organized, sized and spaced
>>
>>52891833
All the detail on that model has been ehnaced by the paint. Really that the only thing the modle on the left has going for it.
>>
>>52857680
Explain me cause i'm a retard slowpoke that does not play 40k.
Does it is literally age of sigmar? in the sense of play whatever you want?
or is still large scale? i mean, if i buy some boxes of shit, could i play it now or i do need a large selection of miniatures?
>>
>>52892280
by the sounds of it its going to have the same 3 typrs lf game play.
Open, no points just put down what ever you want and have a chill time.
Narrative, generalised points (pay just for the squad not wargear) focus on "story" games. akin historical games recreating specific battles rather than going for an even match.
Matched play, more detailed points costs for wargear as well as units. army bukding and scenarios focused on even competitive gaming.

Open and narrative are sure to scale to anysize you want really matches probably has a narrow bound about the same as 1k-2k neing the current norm. if you want really small skirmish scale there's Shadowwar Armageddon
>>
>>52869827

Open play is use whatever you want

Narrative play is play specific missions/campaigns that have either exact army lists for each mission or a path to glory warband
>>
>>52876740

I'm guessing guns and weapons will have a flat to wound and armor modifier

Thus even if guardsmen shooting 1 shot at 4+ to hit and 4+ to wound with no armor modifier can cause a baneblade to take an armor save, it's probably saving on a 2+ with 20 wounds.

And if AoS is anything to go by, rerolling 1's for armor saves will be a thing, which can really make a 2+ save go far against shitty plinking spam weapons
>>
>>52877079

Since everyone is worried about this, I'll demonstrate how AoS handles it

Units like bretonnian archers and savage orc archerboys can do shit like this and pump out around 300 shots a turn at 4+ to hit and 4+ to wound

The tankiest units in the game against shooting are probably lizardmen eternal guard and stormcast fulminators (dudes riding wingless drakes) who after all their defensive rules end up with a 2+ save rerolling 1's against that shooting attack.

So even though you have 300 shots raining on you, they end up taking around 2 wounds.

I would imagine baneblades and other AV14 vehicles would have something like this.

(If that armor save seems crazy, it's because it's balanced by armor modifiers and stuff that ignores armor completely. Gotta use the right tool for the job)
>>
>>52878448

You can, explosions tend to be something like "pick a point, roll D6, units within that many inches take D3 mortal wounds" but those are more limited
>>
>>52878652

Damage is essentially just how many armor saves you make

So if you get wounded twice by something that's damage D6, you take 2D6 armor saves at whatever modifier the gun has.
>>
>>52880472

>no faction ever does anything morally questionable let alone bankrupt

I think the situation is the complete opposite: everyone is a CIA tier asshole except Ariadna who just don't have the resources to be assholes on an interstellar scale
>>
>>52891750

You know the one on the left is a 12 foot tall robot with no human inside and skinny as fuck as a result while the other is a Spartan clone?
>>
>>52892280
It's like AoS in that there are ways to play with or without points and more stuff to help narrative play

It's also like AoS in that it actually had thought put into it
>>
>>52877483
I assume that is actually why the guys forgot you can't charge from transports during the swolves vs tsons battle report.
>>
File: new_stats_40K.jpg (62KB, 589x339px) Image search: [Google]
new_stats_40K.jpg
62KB, 589x339px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/25/warhammer-40000-unit-profiles/

Let the sperg continue! Get fucked, initiative! Nobody loved you anyway.
A bit surprised to see 6" as the standard movement value on a Space Marine.
>>
File: IMG_1889.png (217KB, 493x566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1889.png
217KB, 493x566px
>>52893491

>marines are still 1 wound
>>
File: new_stats_40K_2.jpg (75KB, 582x411px) Image search: [Google]
new_stats_40K_2.jpg
75KB, 582x411px
Terminators only move 5" by comparison. 2+ save, so I assume they'll keep an invulnerable save in addition. Kinda sad the saves on 2D6 doesn't appear to be coming back.
>>
File: IMG_1609.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1609.png
358KB, 552x543px
>>52893491

>dreadnoughts are just straight up better castellax
>>
>>52893525
Don't worry, see >>52893527 showing Terminators are 2 wounds each.
>>
>>52893536

Except we don't know the updated Carnifex stats.
>>
>Strength and Toughness are still with us, and still use an opposing value principle (so much higher Strength will still wound on 2+, low Strength will wound on a 6+), and these aren’t capped at 10 any more either.
>Not capped

S50 Titans incoming.
>>
>>52893491
>Get fucked, initiative! Nobody loved you anyway.

So, what? Unless you charge, everyone just strikes simultaneously? So fragile assault troops like Wyches or Genstealers are just going to get mugged and dragged down in close combat? WS turning to a fixed to-hit value is retarded as well.
>>
>>52893570
wonder how many 1's on a row you'd need to fail stuff
>>
>>52893652
i kinda bet they just replaced initative with movement, so you some with M8 strikes faster than someone with M4
>>
>>52893562

Castellax robots from 30k, not Carnifexes.

Castellax are WS3 S6 T7 4W monstrous creatures that come in squads, they're a doozy.
>>
>>52893538

normal maries should be 2

termies 3
>>
>>52893652
Get fucked elffag.
>>
>>52893491
I can't wait to see how the SW's Axenaught will be
>>
>>52893652

It could be the "you go I go" system from AoS except charging units all go first

So if nobody charged the player who's turn it is chooses one of their units to attack, then their opponent chooses one, repeat etc
>>
>Age of Smegmar 40k is real

Holy shit.

Will it go as bad as AoS or they actually learned something from that disaster?
>>
>>52893668
I wouldn't count on that. Unit Types have probably been chucked out in favour of a wider span of base movement values. So Bikes are just T5 marines with a 12" base movement value, which would mean using Movement in place of Initiative wouldn't really work.
>>
>>52893721
i guess, at one hand it's a shame, at the other ork player here, bring it on fuckers
>>
>>52893720

The biggest mistakes were nuking the setting and not launching with point costs so it looks like they fixed both
>>
>>52893720
It will go fine. They aren't scrapping 40k to make 40k.

I mean, look at the marines. You move the same, you shoot the same, you save the same. People will always bitch, but the adjustment period will a lot shorter
>>
>>52893527
>2D6 doesn't appear to be coming back.
Probably because of units.
if it was the 2d6 save, resolving say 10 hits on a terminator is going to take much longer to resolve.
>>
>>52893527
>2 wound termies for everyone

I came, I saw and came again.
>>
>>52893796
That's what you get for shooting my Terminators.
>>
>>52893802
I wonder of doubling out still works the same. Still, termies will be fucking brutal.
>>
>>52893652
exceptionally fast/slow things are sure to get that reflected in special rules.
>>
>>52893838
i think its a safe bet that double toughness ID will be gone. Probably ID as whole is removed in favour of powerful hits just doing D6 or something wounds instead.
>>
>>52893832
>That's what you get for shooting my Terminators
>I play Deathwing. They have no choice BUT to shoot my Terminators.
>>
>>52893716

That sounds like it would take way longer right?
>>
>>52893879
>force causes all your weapons to do +D3 wounds

My Rubrics are fine with this.
>>
>>52893879
They gave them two wounds just to have them take more wounds than before. Anyone believing Terminators would be good must have also believed in the plastic Thunderhawk.
>>
>>52893850
So rather than having a single, simple point on the statline, they go down the AoS route of handing out extra special rules to every unit. Lovely.
>>
>>52893879
>Strength double target's Toughness = Multiple Wounds (d3)
>Force = Multiple Wounds (d3)

Pain train is coming to station
>>
>>52893906
They are better against small arms fire while being as good against stronger weapons.

Hell, it's probably there to rectify their armor being easier to lower by bolters and stuff.
>>
>>52893906
>They gave them two wounds just to have them take more wounds than before.

Also remember that AP values are being replaced by Save Modifiers. So weapons like Heavy Bolters or Autocannons which might otherwise bounce off your 2+ save will start chewing it down to a 3+ or 4+.
>>
File: 1431128206761.jpg (218KB, 665x850px) Image search: [Google]
1431128206761.jpg
218KB, 665x850px
>>52893491
>Eldar will run faster than Guardsmen, and Hormagaunts run faster than both.
>Speaking of Carnifexes, large monsters like them also have a lot more wounds now
>AV dead
>Shit troops can wound everything
>Who charges hits first

HIVE MIND STRONK
>>
>>52893937
This is my point, all the things going against them are not counterbalanced by one sodding wound extra. They'll probably be faggots and use the Tactical marine as the baseline game unit again.
>>
I intend to receive 8th edition sceptically but in good faith.
I remember the wailing and gnashing of teeth that came with 3rd edition but in the end it was a much smoother and easier to learn system. By the time 4th ed (M3A1) came around the kinks were smoothed out and it was good. We'll probably see the same here, 8th will be meh 9th and 10th will be good and after that we'll start suffering bloat again
>>
>>52893975
they are posterboys for a reason, in my opinion it's pretty good model, just gw rarely can execute it well
>>
>>52880472
I know I'm incredibly late to the party but Haqqislam is a confederation of factions. The main government is pretty goody two shoes, but their states are pretty shitty. One is a bunch of greedy not-spice merchants who do everything in their power to make money and monopolize trade, including funding tons of immoral space piracy. Another are literally ISS tier terrorists, since they are Cyberpunk Hassassins. They have a bunch of suicide troops who get recloned over and over after carrying out terrorist attacks or anything else they deem necessary for the 'greater good'. Haqqislam definitely has a lot of dirty shit under the hood.
>>
>>52893975
>>52893991
All this just means that the models die faster this edition, which frankly, I'm perfectly ok with. 40k games already take too damn long.
>>
>imperial guard aren't called imperial guard anymore
the fuck? what else did i miss
>>
>>52893424
And even then they're going full Manifest Destiny on the Antipodes (Though the lore swivers between them being intelligent Sapients or big wolves)
>>
>>52894020
Have you ever moved a tactical squad out of cover? They die pretty darn quick.
>>
>>52894090

>they are called Imperial Guard 4 times in their factions description to the once they used for Astra Militarum on the new 40k website

Okay.
>>
>>52893527
without knowing what the weapons are like it's hard to make a judgement
Can someone maths out a speculative bolter
hits on 3+ wounds on 4+ and imagining it has rend -1 like in 2nd ed save on 3+ how many bolter shots to take down our new 2 wound termie?

2 wounds sounds goodish but unless they also get something like a re-rollable save I'm still not that impressed.
>>
>>52894093
what if stuff ignores my cover saves?
>>
When is 8th edition comming?
>>
>>52894093
But not fast enough.

Also if cover matters more, then good.

Basically I like everything implied/shown for now. The only real question is model to model balance.
>>
I'm guessing that armor mods will be something like

>AP5/6/- = 0
>AP4 = -1
>AP3 = -2
>AP2 = -3
>AP1 = -4

>>52894131
They are twice as likely to get wounded on 3+, so that evens out. I imagine that's the point.
>>
>>52894146
speculation puts it around June. Usually it takes them 2 months to get everything out they announce
>>
>>52894001
I looked hard at that game and decided it's not for me because it's the definition of cookie cutter bland shit. It's completely toothless and every faction is some wankery idealized fantasy version of real stuff.
It's pandering too hard.
>>
File: smug Necron.jpg (3KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
smug Necron.jpg
3KB, 125x116px
>>52893937
>who ever charges goes first
>Initiative gone
>Saves reduced by armor modifiers
>Ld ship reworked to working more like AoS with models just running off.
>WS fixed value to hit

Who has a dead hard army that didn't rely on armor saves, was only held back in combat by Initative and poor to hit, and has universally the highest leadership value in the game?
>>
>>52894182
>Who has a dead hard army that didn't rely on armor saves, was only held back in combat by Initative and poor to hit, and has universally the highest leadership value in the game?
TSons?
>>
>>52894172
So when can we expect to see images of the new models?
>>
>>52894147
I mean I like to get more than 2 minutes of use out of my units but maybe I'm just too set in my ways.
>>
File: 1451327722813.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451327722813.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>52894182
>implying they won't be M3
>>
>>52894281
*M4
necrons will be like ourrukz for sure
>>
>>52894297
No, you dared to dream big so you must suffer
>>
>>52893491
Assault is fixed!

OUR TIME IS NOW! BT,BA, NIDS, ORKS, DE, GATHER UP FAGGOTS ITS PUNCHING TIME!
>>
>>52894303
other anon
ork player, i don't have dreams. Hope is first step at the road to disappointment after all
>>
File: 1493144562666.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1493144562666.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>52869635
7th is shit. Enjoy your splintered meta after the more intelligent of you move on to a system that can only be better than something that gave rise to super friends and invisible death stars.
>>
>>52893887

No longer than normal really and it makes you have to think about who you want to hit first and who can withstand an enemy attack before hitting back.
>>
>>52894163

Look at the armor mods in Shadow War and they'll probably be in that ballpark
>>
>>52894593
And royally fucks over armies which are entirely comprised of units which can't withstand enemy attacks, along with hurting the narrative aspect of the game by making units feel less distinct.

RIP Dark Eldar, Genestealer Cults.
>>
SPECULATION ON NEW STARTERSET?

my speculation is space wolves vs TS
>>
>>52894806
It's going to be Marines (possibly nuMarines) vs Death Guard. I mean, just look at the big header image they're using for the new edition.
>>
>>52894791

Unless you charge with said fast as fuck units, which seems to be the whole idea of Deldar.
>>
>>52894806
all the promo-art is suggesting Deathguard vs Guillimarines
They're loving those MKIV style helmets
>>
>>52894907
So you charge in, wipe one unit, then get counter-charged by a bunch of Guardsmen who strike first and kick your T3 ass into the dirt.
>>
>>52894981

Considering guardsmen are going to be shit at melee with no armor modifiers, I wouldn't exactly worry about 10 4+/4+ attacks, especially since you can't even be swept anymore.
>>
>>52894981

Wouldnt they just do what they already do which is shoot you to death after you wipe a unit?
>>
>>52894806
I could see it, since they just released Magnus few months ago.
>>
>>52894981
Don't charge a unit if they have friendlies within charge distance? The new movement rules will give you a huge advantage in that respect
>>
>>52895142
Its snapfit new marines vs the new death guard we've seen
https://imgur.com/a/AGdsH#lP4KGaO
>>
>>52888834
Also the Q&A saying armies will still play to playstyle has me thinking Daemonettes and other daemons of Slaanesh will get the highest movement stat among infantry, along with Always Strikes First if they bring that back.
>>52890313
Slaanesh ate Eldar gods when she was born, I don't think the Eldar god of the dead can do much, especially since any Eldar soul not caught in their little phylacteries goes straight to Slaanesh.
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.