[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age Of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 58

File: skeleton hunting.png (3MB, 1340x958px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton hunting.png
3MB, 1340x958px
"Be vewwy quiet, I'm huntin' morghasts" edition.

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >>52838272
>>
File: 1492902806474[1].jpg (457KB, 1532x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1492902806474[1].jpg
457KB, 1532x1051px
don't get hoodwinked into letting KO players pick and choose what sky-port affiliation they want during the set up phase.

Their rules require them to paint that ports colors if they want that ports bonuses

the ports behind paint gates
>>52809483
>>52809500
>>52809516

paint gate rules in pic related

if they don't paint it they can pick other abilities from a "default" list. The good ones are locked for a reason.
>>
>Back when Brokk was a beardling, his father, Grung, had failed to make Musterpress during his time at the Arkanaut Academy and instead found work in the docks. As a result, Grung was always telling his son stories of a life of aeronautical adventure, the one he himself had yearned for. Fed upon all the tales of famous Captains, Brokk vowed to make his mark, aiming for nothing less than to rise to the rank of Grand Admiral of the Council.

Tophat Man is an inspiration to us all
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12801016
does everyone really play chaos?
chaos sucks
>>
Actual GW employee here.

I never play Age of Sigmar, but I believe that Skeletonposters are worse than Brapposters.
>>
Trying to decide if Grundstock Thunderers are worth it over just regular Arknaut crew? I'm thinking 20 crew with 6 skyhooks is just a better choice?
>>
>>52856338

Order player here - Empire (Free Peoples) and now KO.
>>
>>52856279
>creating toxic community experiences

Well, you are the expert. That's what 4 threads down?

>>52856323

And here we go again, seriously can we just start mass reporting him now? There's no way this doesn't count as trolling, this fucker needs to be banned.
>>
nth for are my dreams of making renegade overlords dead or not? I wanted to do them proper skull and crossbones corsairs rather than privateers/merchant navy style, jolly rogers and all
>>
>>52856347

Other actual GW employee - I wish I got to play more often than I do.

>>52856372

Pretty easy to make them - you'd probably skip on a few units that are more 'traditional' but there is nothing that prevents you from going full on pirates.
>>
>>52856372
Just go with Barak-Mhornar, everyone thinks they are pirates anyway
>>
File: ageofskelemens.jpg (275KB, 1440x811px) Image search: [Google]
ageofskelemens.jpg
275KB, 1440x811px
Our time has come. Never
>>
>>52856323
I'll let any KO player I play against use whatever Skyport they want, even if it's blatant list tailoring.
>>
>>52856323

Literally the first post. Fuck off you Autistic faggot, my opponent can paint their models however they damn well please, if they have an army list it literally makes no difference.
>>
>>52856366
Since we have some GW store managers lurking here can we get those of you who would deliberately side with WAACfag cheaters and create the resulting toxic experience for your patrons to out yourselves with your names and store locations?
>>
>>52856515

Already did so last thread. You can find my information there.

In the alternate I know its AOSG but if anyone has any other questions for a GW manager I'm game.
>>
>>52856532
if you could reply to this post >>52856515 with your full name and store location (for a good screen cap) I would be grateful.
>>
>>52856515
>Please bro - my name is Robbie, I run Cool Springs in Nashville TN. Call Customer Service tomorrow and let them know what ruling I made. My shop will be closed tomorrow but I'll make sure to check with Desi and Josh on which steps they'll want me to take. Come on dude. You probably want to try for Madison in CServ, he might not actually laugh at you on the phone whereas David will for sure.

>You can also report Ryan (the Raleigh guy) while you're at it.
>>
>>52856561

Robbie, Cool Springs, Nashville TN. No last name sorry - but - Hi Josh! Hi - Desi! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at the next retail summit!
>>
>>52856366
>And here we go again, seriously can we just start mass reporting him now? There's no way this doesn't count as trolling, this fucker needs to be banned.

I posed it last time. I didn't post it in this thread, that was someone else who also must agree with me.
>>
>>52856515
British GW here.

If he legit wants to just play X skyport with a different coat of paint, sure.

If I am running a Campaign or the Narrative Campaign is running, they either need to formalize the Skyport rules or they don't get to use them.

In the store's current narrative Campaign? No.
>>
>>52856612

That's no different than what anyone else has said in the previous thread. Fine for pick up games, need to establish your list before any events.
>>
File: idiots.png (221KB, 1850x795px) Image search: [Google]
idiots.png
221KB, 1850x795px
>>52856583
>>52856585
you know where this is going next
>>
>>52856643

And I am not the least bit concerned. Probably the only thing I've actually done wrong is antagonize you but in regards to my decision as far as rules are concerned, I'm 100% in the clear.
>>
>>52856637
Well yeah, I think that was everyone's stance. I think the issue people dropped is some people like the US Store Nazi's saying they'll let KO have free reign for no reason and people claiming you'd be a WAAC to not let them ignore the rule.

At the end of the day, I trust TO, at least in the UK, to do their jobs and normalize the play over letting people have super adaptive rules.

I mean it's just me, but I usually dislike non-painted armies period.
>>
>>52856643
Nowhere, because cserv legitimately doesn't give a fuck how they rule.
>>
File: IMAG1273.jpg (372KB, 1632x724px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1273.jpg
372KB, 1632x724px
Behold, The Rotpope!
>>
>>52856643

Lol this is the best thing I've ever seen. Not a GW employee here but the fact that you think you've gotten some dirt on some retail goon is hillarious. GW pays that guy a barely livable wage to keep his store from catching on fire and to run a till, they don't fucking care what he does.
>>
>>52856684
nice
>>
>>52856677
Well, with your very same argument, you've clearly shown your store is run by a dick willing to turn away people just for your own opinion.

>>52856692
I can't speak for US stores, but UK stores dislike it when you're turning away customers because you're a tiny dicked bitch who wants advantages for X army.
>>
>>52856692
Our old store manager - one of the store managers in southern CA - had been using GW "outfit the store" cash to purchase food and personal items for over a year. He only got shitcanned because he failed to meet sales requirements.
>>
>>52856676

Without rehashing the whole argument, you're wrong. The GW guy literally didn't start poking the bear until some guy called on him to repudiate the idea that GW stores and TOs would force people to paint their army for special rules.

The entire argument has boiled down to - port swapping in a regular game is OK. It is list tailoring and you can prevent it the same way you'd prevent any other list tailoring (i.e. fixed lists before the game and before you know your opponent's army).
>>
>>52856709
>Well, with your very same argument, you've clearly shown your store is run by a dick willing to turn away people just for your own opinion.
Yep, it totally is. And as long as he meets sales expectations, there's not a thing you can do to change that.
>>
>>52856709

Lol - I'll make sure I keep all my screen caps so I can get the GW police to investigate you for being mean to me too.
>>
>>52856349
Yeah they're better, longer range better guns, better ability. You have to practically wipe out the unit before you start getting at the skyhooks. Anything comes close and you essentially get free pistol damage. Plus you turn the battleline tax into elite units, and its more points efficient to buy just companies and Khemist.
>>
>>52856743
Lol, What are US management going to do to a UK store?

Tell me to stop being a good store?
>>
I'd rather lose a pick up game than force my enemy to follow some retarded paint gate rule.
>>
>>52856709

UK management is no different than US management. Keep the doors open, the till in the green, and you're golden. Its a retail business - the only rules are make money, don't set anything ablaze.

>>52856754

Thanks for the confirmation - I thought I'd hit the nail on the head with that but I'm fairly new to AoS still.
>>
>>52856767
>Lol, What are US management going to do to a UK store?
The same thing your complaints will do to a US store
>Nothing.
>>
>>52856767

Oh you're a store manager now are you? You wear many hats in these threads - hard to keep up. At this point poking you isn't fun anymore because you're not even maintaining a consistent guise. Back to the closet with you.
>>
Realistically we know that if anything does come about from this, our boy Robbie's gonna play it off like "Hey, CServ? Yeah, weirdest fucking thing today, some kid's pretending to be me on an akkadian stickweaving board"
>>
>>52856754

Also - how do you feel about Urbaz and then going for multiple units of 10 with 3 skyhooks since you can buff two with 1 Khemist at that point?
>>
>>52856816
Which only goes to show the futility of going internet customer service tough guy.
>>
File: 1491694324608.png (266KB, 634x596px) Image search: [Google]
1491694324608.png
266KB, 634x596px
Asked in the last thread but got in a heated argument with my fleshlight so I see any replies: if my two friends pick up the starter box and I snag start collecting nurgle box can we go ahead and play just like that?
>>
>>52856834
Yes, hence open play.
>>
>>52856834

For sure - you should have fairly evenly matches games as well. I'd go ahead and probably snag (or atleast download) the General's Handbook at some point so you can start framing up points but you should be fine to start learning the rules with that set up.
>>
>>52856834
You can do if you wanted to, I don't know how many points they are worth so you may just want to check that in case one's much stronger than the other
>>
File: found him.jpg (121KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
found him.jpg
121KB, 1252x1252px
Found this Robbie guy's ID photo off his GW badge btw guys
>>
>>52856834
Do you mean the khorne vs stormcast starterbox? Pointswise that comes out to

Khorne: 680
Stormcast: 820
Nurgle: 500
>>
>>52856941
Shit. Would I want to grab some more dudes with my Daemons? My retarded friend will be the one getting the Stormcast so a little handicap for him wont hurt
>>
>that collective awkward face when your aether khemist gets your flag's colours wrong

888 images reached on the aos booru! khorne is the chaos tag with the most pictures while chaos itself is still above the other grand alliances

praise the m8y m8 of 8
>>
>>52856941
Nurgle daemon tend to be tanky but not super killy. Putrid blightkings would bring you up to the Khorne player's points level and provide some more hard-hitting ability, but they're mortals rather than daemons.

That being said, the Sylvaneth black library book has rotbringers acting like corrupted bretonnians on a quest to civilize the savages that live in the realm of life, so they're awesome too.
>>
>>52856643
lmfao he played those "managers" like a fiddle. no one in their right mind would reply to that post with the way it was worded. Totally damning. In this age of GW and companies being sensitive as hell to internet negativity I wouldn't be surprised if these guys do get fired.

fucking retards shouldn't have replied
>>
>>52857040
Shit, meant >>52856980
Anyways yes the problem with vanilla nurgle demons is that you're not going to kill a lot as-is, though you will tie it up for a good long while.
>>
>>52857063
> In this age of GW and companies being sensitive as hell to internet negativity I wouldn't be surprised if these guys do get fired.
I would. GW has let employees get away with out and out theft as long as they meet sales expectations. Shittalking on 4chan in a plausibly-deniable way isn't even on the radar.
>>
>>52857067
Cool, so one SC! Nurgle Daemons and One pack of Blightkings? How does allying them work? I mean they are both Nurgle dudes soooo
>>
>>52857092
that's very interesting. Would you mind replying to this post with the names and locations of people who have stolen from the GW stores them manage and the locations of those stores?
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>>52857102
Anything with the NURGLE/CHAOS keyword are in the same army/alliegence
My current Nurgle list is
>Leader
Herald - 100
Lord of Plagues - 100

>Battleline
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100

>Behemoth
GUO - 240
Soul Grinder (Blade) - 280

>Other
5x Blightkings - 180
5x Blightkings - 180
3x Plague Drones - 220
5x Chaos Knights (Glaive) - 200
5x Chaos Knights (Glaive) - 200
--2000 points

Just waiting for the Nurgle BT now
Until that or a VC one i'm sticking with Death
>>
>>52857067
>How does allying them work? I mean they are both Nurgle dudes soooo
In open play you can take whatever you want, so allying them is as easy as putting them on the table.

In matched play, Nurgle Daemons and Nurgle Rotbringers are both part of the Chaos Grand Alliance, so you can take them in the same list, as well as benefit from some rules you don't have to worry about until you get the General's handbook.
>>
>>52857136
>Just waiting for the Nurgle BT now
Until that or a VC one i'm sticking with Death
As someone new to this ya fucking lost me here
>>
>>52857157
As in i've shelved that list and am mainly playing with a completely different faction now because Nurgle hasn't got anything super unique about it atm

VC = Vampires
BT = Battletome
>>
>>52857126
My former manager, Jon Merriex, used GW requisition funds to

Buy likes for the GW facebook
Buy multiple tubs of chocolate from the local ralphs
Buy lunch from nearby restraunts

As well as closed the store early to let his pathfinder group use the painting tables to play.

That being said, he already got shitcanned like two years ago for not meeting sales, so that's a moot point.
>>
>>52857191
So are battletomes something that comes out often? I like anything to do with Nurgle so I don't think ill get bored. I dont play 40k but I have some plaguemarines and a Prince i just had fun putting together.
>>
>>52857212
Nurgle Skaven (Clan Pestilens) got a battletome that is largely considered to be underpowered, and there don't seem to be any immediate plans to make a Nurgle Mortals+Demons battletome.

That being said, you're definitely still playable in a friendly setting, just don't expect to win any tournaments.
>>
>>52857201
What about you? Robbie in Nashville TN correct? Besides creating a toxic environment in your store do you also misappropriate GW merchandise and funds?
>>
File: IMG_0282.jpg (396KB, 1410x1054px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0282.jpg
396KB, 1410x1054px
>>52857212
They're coming out pretty regularlly, and assuming 8th ed 40k is also having Death Guard focus - Nurgle should be getting a new book soon
I bet they'll call it "Children of Nurgle" or something

You have 2 real options with Nurgle AoS atm: Tallyband or a more Nurgle mortal approach
I went with the latter because daemonspam is a snoozefest on the hobby side of it

>1 more drone to go
>>
>>52857252
I'm not Robbie, Jon was the manager of a california store I went to.
>>
>>52856684
Conversion is great, stuff like that makes me love the hobby. Well done man
>>
>>52857212
The Chaos Grand Alliance book also put out some batallions for nurgle stuff.
>>
>>52856684
That looks fucking disgusting. Well done!
>>
>>52857252
Do you really think he'd admit to that on here you tard when you're clearly trying to bait him to use this as "proof" when you bring it up to gw you sad sack of shit.
>>
>>52857039
Isn't using indiscriminate Gas weaponry kinda evilish?

Stop the Warcrimes.
>>
>>52857729
maybe? he did reply in the affirmative to this post >>52856515

if he replied to that maybe he would reply to the other one too.
>>
Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Thryng
- Additional Footnote: Today's Foes Are Tomorrow's Customers

Leaders
Endrinmaster (140)
- General
- Trait: Grudgebearer
- Artefact: Grudgehammer

Battleline
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 1x Skypikes
- 2x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 1x Skypikes
- 2x Aethermatic Volley Guns

Units
3 x Endrinriggers (120)
- 1x Aethermatic Volley Guns
- 1x Skyhooks

War Machines
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)
- Main Gun: Great Skyhook

Total: 940/1000

I wanted to try and make a fluffy list around grudges, this list is probably shit but I don't care
>>
>>52857776
>Everyone who shittalks GW management is now Robbie from Nashville
Man, he's doing a lot of work keeping 40k general alive.
>>
>>52856612
I'm in the UK as well. How is AoS doing in your store? I guess that 40k is still more popular? What do you personally prefer to see and play with?

Me and my friends are considering getting back into Warhammer, but we're tug-of-warring between these two gamelines. What would you honestly recommend?
>>
Any rumor about upcoming death content?
>>
>>52857865
Yeah, you're getting a gang in shadespire
>>
File: Alarielle.jpg (179KB, 1025x840px) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle.jpg
179KB, 1025x840px
>>52857865
death is being removed because it's the most unpopular faction
>>
Question:

I have a unit of 20 clan rats. The warscroll tells me that one of them can be a standard bearer. If i choose one of them to become a standard bearer, do i still have 20 attacking models, or does the standard bearer forfeit his weapons/attacks to grant his unit the bonus a standard bearer brings?
>>
>>52857983
as far as i'm aware they don't lose their other weapons, the standard is an extra bonus
>>
>>52857880
>>52857882

:-(
>>
>>52857983
banners and musicians keep their weapons
>>
>>52857882
I thought Destruction was the least popular?
>>
>>52858026
>>52858038

Thanks for the quick answers!
>>
>>52857764
chem trails are a hoax

go ahead, try to prove they aren't
>>
>>52856586

Oh great so we have at least two nauseating shit posting faggots to deal with, what a wonderful world we live in.

>>52856515

Given you're the most toxic person here maybe you should post first.
>>
>>52858075
http://www.strawpoll.me/12801016/r
destruction confirmed next to be squatted
ill forward this to GW
>>
>>52856643

I bet they're shaking in their metal boots.
>>
>>52858265
>Oh great so we have at least two nauseating shit posting faggots to deal with, what a wonderful world we live in.
I thought you guys purged the grognards with the death of whfb

did you produce more in less than 2 years?
>>
>>52858456
No, they just came back like beaten curs when points were introduced.
>>
>>52858265
>Given you're the most toxic person here maybe you should post first.
not that guy but what kind of moron would even reply to that post? If a manager was stupid enough to read and reply to that post they don't deserve to be running a store.
>>
>>52858684

Someone secure in the knowledge that their supervisors don't give a shit what some autistic sperglord thinks on a mongolian throat singing imageboard.
>>
>>52856515
What the fuck are you amerifags doing over there? Managers looking over players shoulders telling them their models are painted wrong? Enforcing rules like the fucking SS?

None of that shit would fly over here. You keep your fucking nose out of your players games and let them play it the way they want to. Theyre your fucking customers.
>>
>>52858845
He was asked who he'd side with, so he was just giving his opinion on how he'd rule.
>>
>>52857859
AoS is popular among newer players, even when we run legacy WHFB games we get a higher turnout.

I suggest waiting for the new edition of 40k and then sort of buy two basic units of AoS and 40k and see how you like them.
>>
>>52858903
actually those GW managers said they would deliberately take sides with cheaters in the stores they managed even knowing the toxicity that sort of decision would make for their customers.
>>
>>52858845
Depends, Brit GW here. If I have some sperg ruining shit for my store, I kick them out.
>>
>>52858986
Bear in mind when, As a GW store, we do Narrative Campaigns, that's downright tampering with the outcomes.
>>
>>52858970
Thanks for the advice. I'll pass it onto my friends. Hope things are going well!
>>
>>52859027
My best advice honestly is to collect Daemons if they interest you.

Best of both worlds.
>>
>>52856323
>Their rules require them to paint that ports colors if they want that ports bonuses
Then that's a rule I'll be ignoring
>>
>>52859021
that's a little different than getting involved in customers games and taking the side of the person who is clearly not following the rules in their codex.
>>
>>52859021
>Bear in mind when, As a GW store, we do Narrative Campaigns, that's downright tampering with the outcomes.
I've never been to a GW store that didn't have a packet of house rules for its campaigns/tournaments, some of which re focused at particular factions.
>>
File: hi there matt.png (543KB, 1830x639px) Image search: [Google]
hi there matt.png
543KB, 1830x639px
Hi there Matt
>>
>>52858986
>those GW managers said they would deliberately take sides with cheaters in the stores they managed even knowing the toxicity that sort of decision would make for their customers.

No they didn't. They just said they wouldn't enforce your retarded "no fun allowed" interpretation of the rules that's based entirely on your own lack of reading comprehension and severe autism.

Seek medical help.
>>
>>52859190
read it again idiot >>52856515
>Since we have some GW store managers lurking here can we get those of you who would deliberately side with WAACfag cheaters and create the resulting toxic experience for your patrons to out yourselves with your names and store locations?

they said yes to that question. they don't deserve to be running a store.
>>
>>52859169
I took the screen cap but I am not that guy. He must have posted it to facebook himself.
>>
File: average tomb kings player.gif (176KB, 258x236px) Image search: [Google]
average tomb kings player.gif
176KB, 258x236px
Imagine being such a sperg that you shit up four different threads and post on two different sites because people want to ignore a special rule.
>>
>>52859227

>They clarified their position when I asked them a loaded question, ha ha! I've got them now!

Seriously, go see a doctor. There's all kinds of pills they can give you these days to help with your problems.

We just want you to get better.
>>
>>52859273

Do you know how much TK stuff is selling for on eBay right now? I paid my mortgage on 2 NIB battalions.
>>
>>52859293
why would you defend anyone who would deliberately create a toxic environment at a GW store they managed?

you sure you don't need pills?
>>
>>52859377

Not agreeing with your interpretation of the rules isn't creating a toxic community. Letting you stay in a store is. What part of the country are you in? I need to make sure I don't need to be on the look out for you attending any of my events.
>>
>>52859377
>Not forcing a KO player to follow a stupid rule is shitting up a store
Hopefully all stores adopt this kind of shittiness.
>>
>>52859398
you are defending the people who said this was their position.
>Since we have some GW store managers lurking here can we get those of you who would deliberately side with WAACfag cheaters and create the resulting toxic experience for your patrons to out yourselves with your names and store locations?

anyone who manages a GW store and does that on purpose shouldn't be running a store.

Its way beyond rules interpretations at this point.
>>
>>52859421

They will - it results in potential lost sales to not do so.
>>
>>52859446

I was in the last thread - the only reason it all started it because he stated he'd not enforce any KO painting restriction to which you responded that would create a toxic environment.

I'm so glad I run my own store and I get to just kick faggots like you out.
>>
>>52857764
>Isn't using indiscriminate Gas weaponry kinda evilish
It creates a toxic environment, like the management of Cool Springs, Nashville TN
>>
File: AlwaysUnPrwb.jpg (22KB, 239x383px) Image search: [Google]
AlwaysUnPrwb.jpg
22KB, 239x383px
>>52859377

Why would you go out of your way to create a toxic environment here?

Why does people disagreeing with you trigger you so much?

Why do you keep repeating yourself?

Why do you have problems understanding sarcasm, metaphors or figures of speech?

Why do you have problems understanding how people interact with each other socially?

Why do you have such a specific obsession with how other people play and how they are doing it "wrong"?

I'm not trying to scare you, these are all questions the doctor will ask you when he tries to diagnose your autism.

I know you can't really get better anon but I hope you at least get help.
>>
>>52859446

I mean at the end of the day what are you going to do? Email them and complain? Do you think it will do anything? I think they'd care if they'd said that via their facebook page or something or some kind of official source but on 4chan?
>>
>>52859447
It results in potential lost sales to enforce that rule too.

>Why would I buy things at a GW store that will enforce that shit rule when I can play with my friends at home and buy off ebay for 50% of MSRP
>>
>>52859473
it would create a toxic environment.

getting involved in customers games is already demonstrating severe lack of good judgment. Beyond that if you were going to get involved at all it should be to clarify what the official rules are and nothing more.

taking sides with someone who isn't following the rules is a great way to create a toxic situation.
>>
>>52859562

Because you'd still buy off eBay at 50% MSRP even if you play in the store? I worked for GW for about 9 years both in retail and in trade - the possible lost revenue from you is less than the possible lost revenue from enthusiastic new hobbyists who want to paint their army men the way they want to.
>>
>>52859575
>Managers shouldn't get involved in customers games
Okay no more Tournaments/Leagues/Campaigns then
>>
>>52859590
Reread broseph, I'm arguing against the painting rule.
>>
>>52859575

Do you know how many times I get asked rules questions at my store? Do you know how often I know the actual answer? I make up an answer about 50% of the time.

Obviously I don't intrude in a customer's game but the amount of time they want me involved for any variety of reasons is staggeringly high. Have you ever been to a large tournament? If so you know the rules judge is final right or wrong, its no different at a store.
>>
File: 1489555186097.gif (842KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1489555186097.gif
842KB, 480x270px
>new edition of 40k announced
>40k general at new levels of shitposting and fuckery
>decide to visit /aosg/ because it's probably comfy and slightly smug at this point
>thread is totally fucked with paint scheme arguing and "I'm telling mom" shitposting

Well shit.
>>
>>52859621

Oh - then I think you should probably re-read my first go round. We're arguing from the same direction - we both believe that enforcing the painting rule will result in lost sales.
>>
>>52859575
*BRAAAAAAP*

uh... this gas... *PFFFFAAAART*, it's creating... *BRRRRRRPPPPP* a toxic environment in this store
>>
>>52856328
I effing love him. May consider doing a barak nar force with him.
I mean, he's literally a man pursuing his (and his father's!) dreams with effort alone.
>>
>>52859642

save me
>>
So has anyone seen this argument anywhere else or are we literally in hell?
>>
>>52859643

>we both believe that enforcing the painting rule will result in lost sales

why? People paint their blimps, declare what port their paint scheme represents, the end.

how does people following that very simple rule mean you lose sales?

I am truly confused why you think that would happen?
>>
>>52859730
>I am truly confused why you think that would happen?
"I painted my army in colors I like, but I want to use these rules."
"Sorry, book says you can't use those rules."
"M'kay, time to go play somewhere else."
>>
>>52859730

Because if I have a customer who wants to play Overlords, wants to play with the rules for X sky-port but hates their color scheme is told the only way they may play them in the store is to paint them in that scheme they will not buy the models.
>>
>>52859755
>>52859766
why not just have them declare that their desired paint scheme is intended to represent whatever port they want the rules for?

who really cares what colors they actually use (or even if they don't paint it at all) so long as they declare and stick to a particular set of bonuses.
>>
>>52859730
I know that if I found out that a gaming group or store was enforcing rules that shitty, I'd find somewhere else to play/buy models.

If you want me to pay full price for plastic miniatures, telling me that my options are paint-locked is a good way to convince me to just play with friends who agree that rule is stupid and by my shit off ebay.
>>
Thoughts on the following (still deciding on some individual load outs) list.

Barak-Mhornar (mostly for Command Trait)

Arknaut Admiral
Aetheric-Khemist
Aetheric-Khemist
Aetheric-Khemist

Arknaut Company (20) - 6x Skyhooks
Arknaut Company (20) - 6x Skyhooks
Arknaut Company (10) - 3x Volley Guns
Arknaut Company (10) - unknown loadout - screening unit
Arknaut Company (10) - unknown loadout - screening unit

Endrinriggers (3)
Endrinriggers (3)

Skywardens (6)

Arknaut Frigate - Great Skyhook

The Admiral, 1 Khemist, and the Volley Gun unit ride in the frigate and take advantage of the command trait. Going to go autotinkerer on one of the 2 characters + self healing hull so that I can heal up to 5 wounds a turn on it.
>>
File: 4644.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
4644.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP
YOU
INTOLERABLE
FUCKING
AUTISTS

NO ONE CARES TAKE IT ELSEWHERE
>>
>>52859824
>who really cares what colors they actually use (or even if they don't paint it at all) so long as they declare and stick to a particular set of bonuses.
I don't care what bonuses they use, I just think it's a shitty rule that doesn't actually address any problems.

If they're constantly hotswapping the skyports to list tailor, that's something you talk to them about, not something you try to force them into with a hamfisted rule.
>>
>>52859855

Because ultimately I'm still dictating what they can and can't do with their models. What if they think Urbaz is the best and they go all out with Urbaz only to turn around and find out that Barak Nar fits their play style better. What if they want to use them as their own fleet for awhile?

I can very quickly work with them to curtail the unfun behavior of tailoring their list without enforcing the paint rule. I'd rather correct the underlying behavioral issue (tailoring your list to beat your opponent) than dictate how they can paint their models.
>>
>>52859824

Because they might decide they don't like how they play, or they might eventually get bored, or want to try something new for once?

You really don't understand human beings do you?
>>
>>52859855
dude its your codex, not other people, telling you what is paint locked. Don't make other people the "bad guy" for not being cool with you ignoring the codex rules.

besides who really cares what colors you paint it or even if you paint it at all so long as you declare what port your models are dedicated to and stick to that set of bonuses (or the default ones) then you are following the intent of the rules anyways.
>>
>>52859891
Are you doing the thing where you reply to me to agree with me again? Because that's what I just said.

If I found out a store was enforcing the paint-lock rule, I'd find somewhere else to play or just play with my friends at home. No reason to pay full price for minis if the owner's going to enforce dumb rules.
>>
>>52859927

Sorry wrong post, meant to address >>52859824.

>>52859920

What if someone wants to try something different? Should they have to buy new models to try a different fleet?
>>
>>52859920
>Don't make other people the "bad guy" for not being cool with you ignoring the codex rules.
Only autists follow dumb rules just because they're in a book. House ruling and rule zero explicitly give groups the leeway to ignore groups they think are dumb.

If I had to pick from a store that enforced the paint lock and one that didn't, I'd always pick the latter, even though I don't play Kharadron.
>>
>>52859888
>>52859896
that's totally valid. You both see the problem is people abusing the system to hot swap. You both are already aware of that possibility and ready to deal with it if it even comes up. awesome, we actually are on the same team.
>>
>>52859969
>You both see the problem

You. The problem is you.
>>
>>52859920
My nigger, if you expect me to drop $600 on a full price skydorf army, I'm either using whatever skyport I want, or I'm playing somewhere and buying it for $300 on ebay. Simple as that.
>>
>>52859969

That's been the main thrust of nearly everyone you've argued with for at least the past 2 threads. No one has supported tailor building your army, no one at all. They've simply stated that slavishly sticking to the idea that you must choose 1 fleet when you first choose to play Overlords and never being able to change is a really bad and unfun way to play.
>>
>>52859920

So you honestly think that as an overlords player you should be forced to either pick 1 fleet as soon as you start the army and only play that for the entire time you own it or buy multiples of the same army to try playing it in different ways?
>>
Why aren't you Based Destruction Player?

>Smashing civilizations
>Eating everything you find
>So clever not even gods can predict you

Praise Gorkamorka.
>>
>>52860033
>>52859995
>>52859986
im sorry guys. i have an autism diagnosis and i just figured that it was a granted that people would follow raw strictly
>>
File: most important rule.png (440KB, 657x589px) Image search: [Google]
most important rule.png
440KB, 657x589px
>>52859995
>never being able to change is a really bad and unfun way to play
absolutely, couldn't agree more.
>>52859986
>The problem is you
chill pill bro. remember pic related is the most important
>>
>>52860079

Here it comes.
>>
>>52860067
lack of thicc ladies riding giant beetles.
>>
>>52860103

Kill yourself.
>>
So.. how much of a waste of points are Razorgors? I absolutely love the models and would love to have a hrd of 3 of them running around enemy flanks. With only 60 points per pig they seem kinda reasonable.
>>
>>52860067
I am a Beastmen player. I am doing exactly that.
>>
>>52860135

Looking at them they look fairly solid. Very quick, they have rend, decent attacks and their special rule is solid, the draw back isn't hard to manage at all.
>>
File: 1488167421304.jpg (859KB, 700x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1488167421304.jpg
859KB, 700x1009px
>>52860079
>>52860105
>>52860125
I hope you're okay. You seem very upset. Have a happy elf picture to cheer you up :)
>>
>>52860177
I'm not even the person you were talking to but I like that picture and i'm probably going to save it.
>>
File: 1TdHj1y.gif (5MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1TdHj1y.gif
5MB, 512x288px
im so fucking tired of this shitty threads of nothing but nonsense and shit talk...
>>
>>52860177
im sorry for getting so irrationally angry over paint gates its an autism trigger for me when people dont follow rules
>>
>>52860206
we forgive you, thanks for admitting you feel bad about it. That took courage.
>>
>>52860206
How about you simply remove yourself from the threads and the hobby? Do something where you don't have to interact with people and subsequently make everyone miserable around you?
>>
>>52860232
stop being an autist jimmy. he said he was sorry.
>>
File: 1489716071187.jpg (247KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1489716071187.jpg
247KB, 1024x683px
>>52860165
>beastmen
>destruction
>>
File: doot doot.gif (1MB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
doot doot.gif
1MB, 375x212px
>>52860200
Agreed. We need to get back to things that matter.
Like skeletons.
>>
>>52860319
he's implying that he doesn't need to play destruction to get his kicks.
>>
>>52859856
What the fuck are those last two units of Arknauts supposed to be screening?
>>
>>52860351
>every other alliance does exactly what Destruction stands for, but better
>>
>>52860378
Cheer up champ, at least you don't play death
>>
File: Fate Bound.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Fate Bound.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>52860333
The only thing that matters is the eternal glory of Tzeentch!
>>
>>52860067
I play seraphon, I ignore the spoookyghostmemories fluff and play them like classic still living lizards. More biting, more fighting.
>>
>KO Sky-Port fag keeps posting the same bait in every thread
>rules clearly state "you can" and "if you decide"

That implies a choice; paint your minis however the fuck you want.
>>
File: 1492042066493.jpg (9KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1492042066493.jpg
9KB, 255x247px
>>52860780
not again. please god not again.
>>
>>52860850
im not gonna defend the paint lock anymore, i got a handle on myself
>>
>>52860177
She doesn't look that happy to me.
>>
>>52860177
>>52860206
>>52860225
>>52860245
>>52860780
>>52860850

Kill yourselves.
>>
>>52860927

Kill yourself.
>>
I want to make an Ogor band which hunts down KO. Any recommendations on bits I could use to customize them as sky pirates?
>>
File: shadow elves when.jpg (43KB, 514x800px) Image search: [Google]
shadow elves when.jpg
43KB, 514x800px
>>52860957
how's this?
>>
>>52860985

Make sure you paint them properly.
>>
>>52861085
Aroused maybe.
>>
Ignoring whether there are any examples currently within canon, is there anything stopping an Aelf, Duardin, or even Orruk from being forged?
>>
File: 48d2a0a927763fb9fe91511ea36e6957.jpg (160KB, 940x1327px) Image search: [Google]
48d2a0a927763fb9fe91511ea36e6957.jpg
160KB, 940x1327px
>>52861166
honestly this is as good as I could find. Elves don't smile much if at all apparently.
>>
>>52861226
A lot of people cite this quote to justify non human SE
"In the midst of battle across the Mortal Realms, the mightest of Human, Orruk, Aelf and Duardin kind were transported away in a flash of lightning, for a greater cause than defiant suicide against the Chaotic hordes awaited them. Each of these mighty warriors, be they veteran or youngling, found themselves standing in Sigmaron, the Palace Among The Stars,where their trials were about to begin."

But I can't find any canon source, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>52860962
>>52860981
stop being an autistic faggot jimmy. I already had to tell you once. play nice with the other kids.
>>
>>52861314
Welp, that settles it. I'm gonna convert a Brute to be a SCE.
>>
>>52860480
please earthshade your entire army
>>
>>52861382
Fuck this guy, there's something really awesome about bright and cartoony schemes. Not everything needs to be realistic and shadowy.
>>
>>52861393
That's not it at all. They need shadows and darker lining. Right now his army looks like a bunch of toys.
>>
>>52861393
>i have no idea what shades are used for or how they work
>>
>>52860372

The big shooting units? Fairly new to AoS and as I understand screening matters?
>>
>>52861393
Look at the plates under the main armor (legs for example)
Even just shading those "deep"/under layer of the blue plate will make it look better.
Also the gold needs depth.
>>
>>52860985

There are already lots of good Ogor pirate bits - they also mention aerial goblins in the KO book.
>>
File: Fate Master.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Fate Master.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>52861382
>>52861409
>>52861448
Yeah, I had originally just glazed them with Guilliman Blue. But the recesses are lacking depth, I'm tempted to target them with nuln oil at some point.

>>52861393
>>52861409
Actually wanted them to look bright and bold. But as mentioned above those recesses need attention.

That or I sack it all for this new scheme for my disciples.
>>
>>52861566
That's pretty good.
Like look at the depth on that cape vs your other dudes.
>>
>>52861566

I really like that model - he looks tremendously Tzeentch.
>>
>>52861609
Exactly. They were some of my first after a long time out of the hobby. Used them as practice and moved on and they just need some love again.

>>52861657
Thanks man, had to try at making my own fate master because the current one looks a little dated for my tastes.
>>
File: 3Nuykg6.jpg (413KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
3Nuykg6.jpg
413KB, 1200x675px
>>52861566
>>52861736
I think everyone does this conversion because it fits so well.
Heres mine. I gave him a shield though because the one in the book as a shield.
>>
>>52861775
Oh baby, because no one can say no to that cape.
Good shout on the smaller round shield, tried using a acolyte shield but it looked a bit goofy,
>>
File: orc57.jpg (99KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
orc57.jpg
99KB, 500x711px
>>52860067
>>52860122
Are their any female members of the Destruction faction or are they all mushroom guys now?
>>
>>52861813
There's female Ogres and Fimir.
>>
>>52860480
Sexy af man, purple bases take it up a notch
>>
>>52861854
So no sexy waifus you can snuggle with? What is the whole faction for homolords?
>>
>>52860480
They seem a bit flat to me. But I agree with>>52861879 the purple bases were a nice touch.

6/10 would make a batrep with
>>
>>52861887
Why do you feel the need to cum over your models?
>>
>>52861879
Cheers man, the bases were certainly the talk of the table, that was until the biscuit base orruks came in.

He texture all the base, even the rims in sand texture paint and washed it brown. And the orruk's armor was candy red! CANDY RED ORKS ON BISCUITS FFS!

>>52861916
Aye, those recesses need to embrace of a nice black wash. They're some of my older boys.
>>
Anyone familiar with the Stormcast v Disciples of Tzeentch matchup? It seems like if I (as the Stormcast player) can't Alpha Strike the Skyfires off the board, I immediately lose, right?

I was thinking of running an Aetherstrike Force, but I have no idea how to beat the shooting matchup. Raptors will just get shot off the board, right?
>>
>>52861916
Its a little flat but its consistently neat which makes them nice to look at and would nice to play against
>>
>>52861989
You'd also need to consider the magic being hurled your way. SC lack anti magic unlike others, slightly lessened by the Lord-Veritant.

But those Skyfires, 4 wounds 5+ saves. They can dish out some mortal wounds on 6s. But without a shaman they hit on 4s and only have 1 shot.

Get a decent shooting unit of your own with rend and blast them off the board. Mind their melee as well, discs of tzeentch fucking hurt.
>>
>>52861566
what head is that?
>>
>>52862115
chaos chariot
>>
File: I WANTED TO TASTE THE COLOR.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
I WANTED TO TASTE THE COLOR.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>52861916
>>52862075
You think they're flat? Say hello to the screamers!

Population, they beg for death!
>>
>>52862115
>>52862132
>chaos chariot
Not entirely clear, but their is a tzeentch symbol over and on his eye as well. It's a nice part.
>>
>>52862178
Screamers are cute.
>>
>>52862224
It's the tongue isn't it?
>>
File: landsknecht.png (808KB, 1000x780px) Image search: [Google]
landsknecht.png
808KB, 1000x780px
So are any other books that go into detail about the Freeguild, other than City of Secrets?
>>
File: 1489517551781.jpg (184KB, 830x682px) Image search: [Google]
1489517551781.jpg
184KB, 830x682px
>>52862252
>tfw no cute HRE mercenary girls doing cute things anime
>>
>>52862178
Meh they're fine as well at least they have some thought and design into the style. Not painting them with human eyeballs is triggering me though lol
>>
>>52862252
Freeguild represent! I'd also like to know if there's other books with them.

City of Secrets and Terry Prachett's Nigthwatch makes me want to revisit my cityguard army again.
>>
>>52862406
The good ol fallback: WIP is used alot with my stuff.
>>
>>52856515
Using the term WAAC is liking purposely outing yourself as a feelings obsessed faggot. Have your parents caught you wearing mommy's dresses yet? Do you whine about needing a safe space at school? Do you live on disability? Have you considered killing yourself?
>>
File: historical event.png (1MB, 1283x652px) Image search: [Google]
historical event.png
1MB, 1283x652px
not restarting the debate just marking the occasion.
>>
>>52862588
Putting others down doesn't make you better anon. You are still as shit as you always were.

Why not seek to improve yourself.
>>
File: shitty bait.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
shitty bait.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>52862588
>>
>>52862618
Note: It doesn't specify the scheme needs to be exact. Only that their colours are used.

This requirement could be suitably met by simply painting the skyports colours on the roundel they have on their shoulders, or the trim of an airship where the official models have handpainted runes.

That being said, you are still locking yourself to one skyport with your paint job, its just you are doing your own dudes, but they are showing homage to their home skyport with small elements of their armour instead of the whole thing.
>>
Ultimately I think running KO as Order is probably a stronger choice than KO - thoughts?
>>
>>52862694

Why would anyone ever play KO? You have to pick your only way to play the army when you first buy it and can never try anything new unless you buy the same army twice or strip your dudes.

I'm super glad I've been in the last two threads - KO looked really cool but I don't want to be fucked and pick the wrong port.
>>
>>52862694

Why would GW do this? Who would ever buy the army? Like what if you make a bad choice when you choose your Sky-Port - you will have to repaint your entire army.
>>
>>52862620
Sorry I'm playing the game toward the actual objective and not as some sort of group theatre where I let you win.
>>
>>52856338
I mainly play Dispossessed, with a side of Brayherds.
>>
>>52862854
don't be an autistic faggot
>>
>>52862694

This sucks - no other army has this limitation. I think its bullshit that GW says a Space Marine player can paint his army any color and get whatever chapter he wants, or his Stormcast any color and be whatever order they want but they fucked Overlords like this. What a shitty fucking rule.
>>
>>52862710
Functionally no difference other than the traits. KO has more customization and better ships. Unless you had a specific Order unit you wanted to use alongside them.
>>
>>52862783
Or just paint a generic color scheme and use whatever you want.
>>
>>52862710
I don't have the Grand Alliance Order book, but does Order get an allegiance bonus, like how Death gets that 6+ save?
>>
>>52862905

Hurricanum is super good - giving 3 20 man companies +1 to hit with their skyhooks is amazing.

>>52862936

They do - re-roll battle shock tests within 12" of the general.
>>
>>52862930

Not according to >>52862618, >>52862694. According to those posts I am required to pick my port before I do any painting.
>>
Is it wrong to list tailor to beat a TFG? If no what do SCE have to really lay the hurt on mono Nurgle army?
>>
Someone have advice for a new player who wants to start tzeentch mortals Army? I want to make good use of my money
>>
>>52862899
Don't be a tumblr faggot.
>>
>>52862710
Yeah their own bonuses and interactions aren't great. A bunch of companies and Khemist with support stuff like the Hurricanum, fast strong beatstick behemoths like Frostheart Phoenix, and Dragonlord general with +1 attack/damage, or powerful melee dudes like greatsword Kurnoths, or Dracoth cavalry would be amazing complements.
>>
>>52857822
>Barak-Thryng
My dawi. Glad to see someone else besides me liked the traditionalists.
>>
>>52862982
Whats happening in the games to give you trouble.
>>
File: elves march to another victory.jpg (841KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
elves march to another victory.jpg
841KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>52862971
I've painted my Overlords in the heraldry of Barak-Raknar, a skyport that is known for stealing the tactics and artifacts of other Skyports. The force I've deployed today is using the tactics of Barak-Nar and will consequently be using their version of the Code. Next week's force will be following the style of Barak-Zon.

It's my fluff.
>>
>>52862971
pretty sure as long as you're not an autistic faggot trying to game the system no one in their right mind is going to give a shit what or if you paint your blimps.
>>
>>52863249

Have you been in the last 2 threads?
>>
>>52863140
Warhound spam tying me up for the blightkings and harbinger getting to me

I only have the starting box and a few others. This is only my 3rd game.
>>
>>52859709
I brought it up at the GW I frequent and literally everyone in the store looked at me like I was nuts and told me to paint them whatever colours I want.
So it seems like the autism is mostly this thread, not IRL.
>>
>>52862783
>>52862834
>>52862903
>>52862971

Honestly, it will probably be FAQd that it isn't essential, and most people in casual games wont care unless they are being a complete cunt.

For tournaments and what not, it is easy enough to say once you picked what it is your doing, you can't change it.
>>
>>52860067
Tried out FW fimir the other day aginst an almost-endless wave of skellies.

Don't think I lost a single Fimir. Proceeded to absolutely wreck every single unit thrown at me. Now planning to get more; those things are legit.
>>
>>52863541
>implying most people are even aware there is now official painting rules for the new tome

give it a month or two.
>>
>>52863670
For being as autistic as you? That comes with genes, bro
>>
>>52863213
>I've painted my Overlords in the heraldry of Barak-Raknar, a skyport that is known for stealing the tactics and artifacts of other Skyports

So basically a false flag skyport that pretends to be other skyports to cause trouble, presumably because they can profit from the fallout.
>>
File: 7098666_orig.jpg (279KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
7098666_orig.jpg
279KB, 584x800px
>>52863742
you're so full of rage.
have a happy elf picture to help you feel better :)
>>
File: top20.jpg (62KB, 1200x815px) Image search: [Google]
top20.jpg
62KB, 1200x815px
HAHAHAHAHAHA

DEATHFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH. NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 20 OF SCGT

>wow tomb kAngs are so strong guys!!1
>spooks da bonezone xdddddd
>necrosphinx and knights not skyfires and shamans ^(:^(:^(:(:^^^^:::)

Meanwhile all chaos list have skyfires
All destrucktion list are stonehorn and kunnin rukk

Tzeentch a best
>>
>>52863795
>yfw you will never have an exotic fae creature toy with you before maliciously killing you for entertainment
>>
File: 1492969983861.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492969983861.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>52863795
of course the faggof endlessly arguing 20hours a day about skyport is an aelffag.
>>
>>52863866
>Tzeentch a best
As long as they aren't facing based Seraphon.
>>
File: 1491747420437.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1491747420437.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>52863866
the first death fag is 38th the second is 49
>>
>>52862694
Anon, you're a genius, you just eased my mind so much about that fucking rule, thank you. Now I can still go with Barak-Thryng for their awesome fluff without having to do that stupid red and white color scheme.
>>
>>52863937
>All chaos lists have skyfires
>Seraphon players are all <80

what did they meme by this ?
>>
File: 1455594672654.jpg (52KB, 414x434px) Image search: [Google]
1455594672654.jpg
52KB, 414x434px
Here's my question about the skyport shit.

Sure, I can understand why people don't want people being able to flip around skyports for all the special rules, but isn't forcing people to paint up a specific paint scheme for buffs stifling creativity, and thus the hobby itself?

I don't consider myself waac, but isn't restricting KO players to a single paint scheme for the rules they want to play a bit extreme?
>>
>>52863161
Hey the trans elves are back! Cool to see them again.
>>
>>52864039
Stop samefagging.
Nobody cares.
>>
>>52864021
>4th place
>4 is higher than 80
>>
File: 1490302551316.jpg (743KB, 1278x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490302551316.jpg
743KB, 1278x1024px
>>52863873
>implying I want imaginary whatevers
>>52863898
>implying I give a shit what you paint your blimps

have another elf for your effort
>>
>>52863213
That's actually a pretty cool fucking idea, mate.

>>52863670
I mean, I literally showed them the part in the book and summarised the multiple threads of shenanigans we've had going on here. They were aware, they just thought it was stupid, as I feel most reasonable people would.
>>
File: 51da63f120fdf721ee2014d7b20dd450.png (122KB, 1391x645px) Image search: [Google]
51da63f120fdf721ee2014d7b20dd450.png
122KB, 1391x645px
>>52864063
ok
>>
>>52864103
>phoneposting
>>
>>52863161
>not taking the time to face all your dudes in the correct way, at the enemy
>Breaking muh emersion
You are bad and you should feel bad
>>
File: 1491059506367.jpg (262KB, 1280x943px) Image search: [Google]
1491059506367.jpg
262KB, 1280x943px
>>52864107
>being this desperate not to talk about painting KO anymore

have another elf
>>
>>52864122
>not recognizing bubble wrap for the inevitable deep strike

who is bad?
>>
>>52864162
Those snorecast cant come in THAT close to the table edge my dude.
>>
>>52864180
there were reasons but rest assured they were good reasons and it was another win for the elves today.
>>
File: hellskeletonyeah.gif (537KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hellskeletonyeah.gif
537KB, 500x281px
>mfw new Death battletome and models come out
aka never
>>
Didn't the one actual pro-paintgate guy out himself as autistic upthread?

Guys, stop poking the retard, it wouldn't fly in a carnival and it doesn't fly here.
>>
File: 1492940781349.jpg (95KB, 811x594px) Image search: [Google]
1492940781349.jpg
95KB, 811x594px
>Blogposting

You know, like once every two weeks i tell myself that i should really try AoS.

then I come here and see the elf player shitposting worse than any chaos SM player and I go back to 40k, happy that I wont have to deal with that autism levels.

t-thanks /AoSg/
>>
File: 1452635765894.jpg (61KB, 485x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452635765894.jpg
61KB, 485x480px
Hey /aosg/

Bitch about the army you hate to play against most.
>>
>>52864339
Ironjawz players that paint them that ugly, obnoxious bright yellow. Like fuck, how can you think that looks good?
>>
File: fuckthisshit.jpg (849KB, 1254x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisshit.jpg
849KB, 1254x1600px
>>52864339
Tzeentch and his fucking nerdboys the Lords of Change. Seriously, fuck them.
>>
File: 1455932887497.gif (2MB, 313x231px) Image search: [Google]
1455932887497.gif
2MB, 313x231px
>>52864380
You mean you don't like mortal wounds on a 3+ with nine dice?
>>
>>52864339
>Samecast Eternals
>All rook shame
>We have solid anvil units
>We also have solid ranged units
>We also have solid command abilities
>We also have solid OP cav
>We also have teleporting/deep striking
>We also have an answer to everything in the game and therefore no real weaknesses
>We also all look the fucking same
>>
Allegiance: Destruction
Savage Big Boss (100)
- Granite Choppas
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Aleguzzler Gargant (180)
Kunnin' Rukk (60)
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1500/1500

How is this for a mixed destruction force?
>>
>>52863866
>playing tournament AoS

Not even advocating for open play, but tournament faggots kinda ruin systems. Just play martched with models you like and have atleast some compassion for your opponent.
>>
>>52864370
It does look good depending on who paints them.

I painted mine a bright green.
>>
>>52864492
pics?
>>
>>52863866

This is the saddest shit of AoS before Counts where at least dangerous now all undead people trash against Chaos, order and even destruction

what are you doing GW
>>
File: orruk.jpg (29KB, 392x480px) Image search: [Google]
orruk.jpg
29KB, 392x480px
>>52864505
Let me see if I can get a decent picture. Otherwise, have this terrible mobile phone pic

Please ignore the yellow, it was an experiment that failed and I will be painting it black or silver
I haven't completely fluffed my force out yet, but the idea I've been playing with is they paint their armor green to show other greenskinz they're the orkiest, considering their skin has turned charcoal gray for some reason I haven't picked yet
>>
>>52864380
Let the Change flow, son, let the change flow
>>
>spend blood tithe points to move bloodsecrator in my hero phase before planting his banner which prevents his movement

Would any reasonable opponent try to say I can't do this? It seems fine by me, but I'm just checking here first.
>>
>>52864540
Also, ignore that weird fuzz, it happened during priming and I've used a toothbrush to fix it
>>
File: GODDAMNIT.gif (729KB, 320x192px) Image search: [Google]
GODDAMNIT.gif
729KB, 320x192px
>>52864416
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCKK
>>
>>52864339
ES

i really hate the golden guys
>>
>>52864459
Terrible, 10 savage orruks are never going to last through two combat rounds to attack in your next hero phase.
>>
>>52864579
It's against rats, if that changes anything.
>>
Are we ever gonna get a Human Destruction faction?
>>
>>52864680
No. Gorkamorka don't want no puny humies ya git!
>>
>>52862618
>"..the color scheme you choose MAY..."
>"You CAN organize..."

'May' and 'can' denote possibility, not absolution. The words you so desperately want are 'will' and 'must' respectively. Its a respective difference between could and should.

"You could paint them this way" is what is being present here
vs
"You should paint them this way"

Also if you want to whip out quotes:

Pg. 77, last paragraph of main body:

"The following stage-by-stage guides present the colours and techniques we used to paint the major sky-ports, but there are no real 'rules' as to the colours you use for your own miniatures - the Mortal Realms are a limitless canvas; it's up to you how you fill them."

See that bit right there?

"...THERE ARE NO REAL 'RULES' as to the colours you use...."

That seems pretty definitive and not open to interpretation. People can paint their KOs however they please and are free to utilize 100% of their battletome. No one has a right to tell anyone that they can't explore 6/7ths(6ports+1custom) because some autist can't discern "can" vs "must."

This is completely a non-issue because word choice is important and GW is not foolish enough to remove a player's freedom of creativity and ability to play their damn army.
>>
>>52864785
Ya'd ave puny gitmobs? I jus' wanna break sum stuff and smash sum tings an' not be a spikey lad.
>>
>>52864551
By all means. I've destruction moved a hero to within 6" of a unit to allow them to destruction move. Never really been a problem in my books. Or getting a move off via destruction to get a buffer or a unit in range for spells.
>>
>>52864419
>we also dont even place top 15 in actual tournaments
>>
>>52864798
Hopefully this brings end to this autistic debate which has been plaguing last threads. 5/5 would play with you.
>>
>>52864924
theres no debate, just an aelf shitposter (so standard Aelf player) samefagging himself ad nauseum
>>
>>52864952
I'm guy from >>52864798
shitposter or not, the problem is that theres a guy who is perpetuating a false interpretation that could have very well discouraged someone from picking KO as a starter to jump into AoS. It has become a matter of principle now to clear the air of bullshit so that people can have fun.
>>52864924
aw shucks
>>
>>52864807
Ain't right. Deyz not even green. Least ogorz is tuff nuff.
>>
Played a game earlier today as SCE and used the Vanguard Wing battalion. Had some confusion over whether or not the Liberators are considered to have retreated if they use the battalions teleport rule while in combat. The rule:

Stormstreak: Instead of moving in their movement phase, a Vanguard Wing’s Liberators can vanish with a crash of thunder, travelling at the speed of a thunderbolt to aid their Prosecutor brethren. Remove the unit from the battlefield, then set it up anywhere within 5" of a unit of Prosecutors from the Vanguard Wing.

What say you, /aosg/?
>>
File: pick your own colors.png (112KB, 343x222px) Image search: [Google]
pick your own colors.png
112KB, 343x222px
>>52864798
there are no rules dictating what you "must" paint your shit. The rule you quoted says exactly that.

If you "want" to paint them in a certain way, specifically in the theme of a particular port, then you "can" do so. If you "choose" to paint them in one of the major sky port's colors then you "can" claim its bonuses.

there are no rules saying what you "must" paint your models.

rules lawyer it all you want but the intent is painfully clear that if you want the bonus you have to paint the scheme.

frankly I don't give a shit what you paint your blimps so long as your not being an autistic faggot I really don't give a shit.

>>52864952
go fuck yourself faggot
>>
>>52865119
KO are already a sucess and IRL it will be like space marines, aka do what you want.

it's just the same no job salty aelf that argued 2 weeks ago that there is no way GW ever release a dwarf battletome.

Just stop answering
>>
File: 99120205020_ArkanautCompany02.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120205020_ArkanautCompany02.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
Building up my Arkanauts and trying to decide; is it worth mixing special weapons in a squad or just giving multiples of the same in every squad?
>>
>>52865810
>no job salty aelf
whatever fantasy helps you sleep better at night loser.
>>
>>52865854
Stack those weapons for those sweet aether khemist drugs.
>>
>>52857882
Hawt!
>>
>>52865119
>guy who is perpetuating a false interpretation
this from the illiterate faggot who is literally so desperate to waacfag that he has agued for days that the plain language rules as written aren't what they literally say.

you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>52865854
Get 3 kits. Make one kit all with volley guns to sort of be on their own

Make one kit with all skyhooks and a khemist nearby for the real hurt of 6 short ranged cannon shots

Make the last kit with the 3 pikes to hang with the admiral, i guess.
>>
>>52865938
Sounds good. Thanks Kharabro.
>>
>>52865859
>when you nail it so hard
>>
File: delf.jpg (47KB, 598x333px) Image search: [Google]
delf.jpg
47KB, 598x333px
muh paint gate!!!
*fields grey army*
huh ow..
>>
>>52866031
>option 1) explain I am an engineer, husband, and father with an amazing life and be called a role playing liar
>option 2) tell you to fuck yourself for being an insufferable faggot

fuck yourself you insufferable faggot
>>
>>52865387
It's done "instead" of movement, so I'd say not. I would, however, be hesitant and uncomfortable in doing so.
>>
>More autism
Noone fucking cares

I really hope the VC revamphue gives us a lot better rules when it comes to regen and converting enemy Heroes
>>
>>52866058
>engineer

THERE it is. Thanks for confirming what I expected.
>>
>>52866110
come at me bro

come at me
>>
>>52866110
Plays KO, and is an engineer. Therefore he's a dwarven engineer!?
>>
>>52866058
>>option 1) explain I am an engineer, husband, and father with an amazing life and be called a role playing liar

Hahah this is gold
>>
>>52866210
he doesnt plays KO he is a shitposting aelffag
>>
>>52866226
better than a lying waacfag like you
>>
ITT shitposting ingeneeeeer with 600 lbs ""human"" wife and 2 trisomic kid defeated by grey tiders
>>
fuck all of you assholes. I have work in the morning and another phoenix to paint next week we can continue our undefeated run of AOS games next weekend.

fuck all of you (except the ones of you who are not the insufferable assholes, most of you) I'm out.
>>
>>52866286
Please don't come back, you've dropped the bar for discussion in this general to such dizzying lows that even Barbados Slim couldn't limbo his way under it.
>>
>>52866286
>"IM SUCCESSFUL, UNLIKE YOU, I HAVE WIFE AND KIDS AND I WIN ALLLLL THE TIIIIIME. THIS MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU! REEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
>e.g. literally pulled a "suck it, losers" bitchfit when rational points call his bullshit out.

This guy just can't be a decent human being. Calling people waacfags and faggots because no one wants to follow a fucked interpretation of the rules. Seriously, let people play, you're a god damned adult. I hope your wife and kids don't see this side of you, it's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>52866540
He misrepresents everyone so fucking hard. No one's being a WAACfriend. When people say the painting rules are limited, it's because they want to paint their own original schemes and use rules, not to just play with 'grey tides'.
>>
>>52866416
Dammit anon I read that last part of the post in his voice! Why have you done this to me?
>>
>>52866557
100% agree. People should be able to utilize the full extent of their battle tomes and exercise whatever creative freedom that they want on their models.

People like this are one of the few terrible things that drives new blood away from the hobby.
>>
>>52856266
love this fanart
>>
>>52866286
>fuck all of you assholes. I have work in the morning and another phoenix to paint next week we can continue our undefeated run of AOS games next weekend.
>fuck all of you (except the ones of you who are not the insufferable assholes, most of you) I'm out

It WAS the reisdent Aelf fag all along.
What a disgrace.
Kys faggot.
>>
>>52866286
LITERRALY DEFEATED BY GREY TIDER HAHA.
HIGHER THAN ORBIT.
>>
>>52866286
>get told he doesnt have a job
*20 minutes later*
>"Huh haha hum I totally need to go to work now hum see you guys"
>>
File: empire_halberdier.png (112KB, 620x512px) Image search: [Google]
empire_halberdier.png
112KB, 620x512px
Getting sort of back on topic, how good are Freeguild Guards with halberds and shields?
>>
>>52866797
good if supported
>>
How does LOS work in AOS?
>>
File: See_Something_Say_Something.jpg (42KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
See_Something_Say_Something.jpg
42KB, 600x549px
>>52866882
>>
>>52866841
What units are good for supporting them?
>>
>>52866959
hurricanum, magic, ranged unit
>>
Anyone know what was in the 4th place seraphon list at the scgt? Looks like lard kroak and a bunch of ripperdactyls. Starting seraphon myself and it is nice knowing they can do good.
>>
>>52866918
How much do you have to see? If I can see some feet of another unit under a bastiladon can I shoot it or is the bastiladon a screen?
>>
new thread when
>>
>>52867505
>>52867505
>>52867505

move to other world
>>
>>52867089
they only do good because people play deamons.
>>
>>52863866
where are the results?
>>
>>52864540>>52864552
>Please ignore the yellow, it was an experiment that failed and I will be painting it black or silver

I'd rather ignore the whole thing cuz it looks like total shit.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.