[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im new here whats with the 1d4chan hate pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 21

File: 4horsies.jpg (31KB, 420x567px) Image search: [Google]
4horsies.jpg
31KB, 420x567px
Im new here whats with the 1d4chan hate

pic unrelated
>>
There's a lot of bad articles, and a lot of attention whores have made articles for shit that no one cares about in order to pretend that people do.

That said, 1d4chan does have some good stuff, but you need to wade through it cautiously, and understand that there's a lot of insane people who use it to try and perpetuate their personal agendas. You really can't trust that site for anything, and it by no means speaks for /tg/ itself.
>>
>>52854453
General Salt and hate for each other and ourselves and the need to feel superior prevents us from laughing at stupid memes for the simple joy of laughing at stupid memes.

Combine that with the fact that, since no one ever does interesting or creative projects on here, the stuff that we've done is berated for never being good in the first place... which is just hypocrites criticizing something that was done, and that they'll never do.

Basically we're just too damn serious, egotistical, and depressed to enjoy something for what little joy it might bring us, and instead try to feed our ego by berating those who can.
>>
>>52854531
The fate of all imageboards.
>>
>>52854546
I would disagree but then I recently went to /ck/ by accident and decided to see what it was about.
It was literally just people getting incredibly spiteful and argumentative about absolutely nothing, just like here and every other board I visit. On a board about food.
>>
>>52854531
Holy shit you immense faggot, get off your high horse. 1d4chan memes aren't just stupid, they're also weak, stale and irrelevant as fuck. They were only funny for a few months and now they're just dead.

/tg/'s inability to let go of old moldy memes is a board-specific issue that we're just starting to grow out of.
>>
>>52854453
It gives a bad impression for new people as it presents an idealized picture of /tg/ that never actually existed.
>>
>>52854634
Yeah, an idealized picture of /tg/ that reeks of the BAZINGA mentality.
>>
>>52854586
t. person incapable of enjoyment
>>
>>52854586
Yeah, those twitter threads on /v/ are so much better than stale /tg/ memes, we need to get with the times. I can't wait for several daily threads about tweets by literal whos only vaguely related to tabletop gaming.

There are far worse fates than ours, anon.
>>
>>52854577
>>52854546
Our problem is that we have too many people with nothing to say, but are nonetheless determined to make themselves heard.

>>52854586
According to the 4chan Lexicon, I'm not so much a faggot as I am an AIDS-Ridden Degenerate, as I am in a romantic triad with both a man and a woman.

Oh, and before you call me a cuck, Tristan is the one who's into that, not me.
>>
>>52854743
A post worthy of Oscar WIlde, anon.
>>
File: NOFUNZONE.jpg (259KB, 874x916px) Image search: [Google]
NOFUNZONE.jpg
259KB, 874x916px
this thread

that being said, I think most of these posters whining about being pretentious lack self awareness, except for >>52854531

but more than that, i think its that all the oldfags left and now this board can't generate the same quality OC it did before so everyone is shitting on all that was great to make their own piles of shit look better.
>>
>>52854658
>ancient stale memes are the only thing that can be enjoyed
>>52854661
as a matter of fact, a fresh twitter meme is better than a dozen old /tg/ memes
>>
>>52854531
>since no one ever does interesting or creative projects on here
Questfag detected.
>>
>>52854776
*tips fedora*
>>
>>52854809
Anon, forget quests. I'm talking about the fact that a Goddamn SUPER MARIO TABLETOP RPG exists, and is attributed to us.
>>
>>52854840
it's fucking embarrassing, I know
>>
>>52854531
Get over yourself, the appeal of 4chan is to be able to wallow in bitterness and egotism among other mean-spirited people who feel the same way.
>>
>>52854577
Is there also a meme about nobody cooking there? Or nobody eating food.
>>
>>52854856
Yes! It's unfinished! That's a crying shame. Hell, Mr. Blue Sky, who still lurks on here, only dropped the project for lack of interest and dedication.
>>
>>52854840
>SUPER MARIO TABLETOP RPG
Sounds fun, never heard of it. Can you direct me to some threads?
>>
>>52854884
No, its mostly just calling each other "flyovers" and shitposting about McChickens and calling quiches pizza.
>>
>>52854453
1. Fuck off
2. Lurk more
>>
>>52854883
Please, go back to /r9k/.

We were originally self-proclaimed for being the most true example of Free Speech on the net... and we exonerated ourselves for having a comparatively positive community because of it.
>>
>>52855000
what kind of retarded shit are you spewing?
Being a nerd is embarrassing, and the only thing that separates us from reddit is that we're aware of it. We were far less aware of that back in the day, and that's why old /tg/ material is pretty obnoxious.
>>
Why don't you just pick a random group on one of the other boards and go to war like you did with the furfags? That should spice things up for /tg/ again. You guys still kind of scare the shit out the other boards already, in a sleeping giant sense. So why not reinforce it? Just be your suppressed selves.
>>
>>52855036
I was talking about 4chan in general. The site was founded on Free Speech.

As for /tg/ and nerdiness... we were perfectly aware, we just didn't give a fuck and posted Shit because we liked it, not because we were trying to have High-Brow Patrician Taste in the eyes of others.

If you want to keep fighting me on this, feel free. I'm a Diagnosed Sperg currently on 50mg of Vyvance. I will argue with you autistically about this every step of the way.
>>
>>52855054
Why would we be obnoxious fucks ? We are one of the nicest community of this fucking website and that may be the best thing about us. We actually just seem to want to do our thing in our place. And that's what's great about /tg/. So again, why the fuck would we want to act like jerks ?
>>
>>52855115
stop capitalizing arbitrary words, fuckface
>>
>>52855132
being nice is obnoxious, it means that you act like you've got a reputation to uphold and refrain from being an asshole, it's pretentious and silly
>>
>>52855132
I don't think he's referring to bring jerks so much as he is us calculating the volume of
Spiders in the average Vagina.

>>52855154
No.
>>
>>52855187
fuck off with your old shitty memes
>>
>>52854883
I've never really agreed with that idea.

Honestly, the one thing I've always enjoyed about 4chan is how enforced anonymity affects how arguments are made here. Sure, sometimes it's nothing but trolling and bullshit, which is a downside, but it has some really interesting upsides as well.

The fact that there's no credentials here means that in order to actually win an argument, you have to prove it. No way to appeal to some sort of expertise or shut an argument down by claiming superiority, if you wanted to be right, you had to prove it.

The other big thing is that practically every single thing can be discussed here, no matter how emotionally or socially charged it is without any sort of hangups(or at least, without having to curb discussion because of it). Free speech to the most extreme, with no need to tip toe.

Add to that how much easier it is for people to have their minds changed by actual arguments, since you have no attachments to the argument at hand. No one's going to know you were the shithead that argued for or against a topic, so all you have to do is stop posting and realize the other dude is making sense, and bam, mind changed.

A neat little side effect of this is that in general, people on 4chan tend to be far more resistant to subversive methods of cohesion. /pol/'s a great example of that, people on other boards are far more aware of the stupid shit /pol/ gets up too, and aren't really influenced by it like others are. If anything, we're more capable of actually shutting the stupid fucks down, reducing them to just angry trolls rather than having any real effect on what people think. Meanwhile, the stupid fucks over at reddit or wherever often play right into their stupid games, not out of being dumber than we are, but because they just don't know the game and how to beat it.

You can hardly call 4chan a bastion of learning and discourse, but it does, in it's own way, foster critical thinking, skepticism, and focus on actual debate.
>>
>>52854453
It reminds dumb memers that /tg/ never got shit done and has been a hive of randumbness (cf. sergals in the Unified Setting)

>>52854531
>the stuff that we've done is berated for never being good in the first place... which is just hypocrites criticizing something that was done, and that they'll never do.

If you don't want your shit to be called shit then don't shit it out.
>>
>>52855187
Calculating the volume of spiders in the average vagina seems rather nice, but I wouldn't know how to do it.

>>52855184
Well no, some people just genuily don't want to annoy people and just want to live their life. Not everybody's an asshole
>>
File: 1355395963188.png (502KB, 800x1517px) Image search: [Google]
1355395963188.png
502KB, 800x1517px
>>52855207
No.
>>
File: 1373113131125.jpg (75KB, 510x730px) Image search: [Google]
1373113131125.jpg
75KB, 510x730px
>>52855297
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/11262498/
>>
>>52855297
>Not everybody's an asshole
Wrong, everyone is an asshole. The person you are describing is an asshole in the eyes of the person you are replying to. I also see "nice" people as assholes, and immediately I feel like I want to insult them while interacting with them. So I agree with the anon you replied to.

Also this thread is shit and should be reported.
>>
>>52855267
Nice redditspacing.
>>
File: 1487140190672-tg.png (698KB, 570x908px) Image search: [Google]
1487140190672-tg.png
698KB, 570x908px
>>52855474
Too late, we're 39 replies in and no moderative action on anyone's part. This thread is here to stay, and you're stuck here with us.
>>
>>52855474
I don't think being an asshole really is subjective, I mean, if you don't act like an asshole, you're not one, even if assholes think you're one
>>
>>52855115
>I was talking about 4chan in general. The site was founded on Free Speech.
Hello GG newfag. Time to learn some history.
The short version is that 4chan was founded because moot's fetishes were too extreme for Lowtax, who is a pussy.
>>
>>52855554
>I don't think being an asshole really is subjective
If you can't quantify it/measure it, it's subjective.

Your opinion(your entire post) is not the objective true, you faggot with a God complex. This is exactly the reason nice people are assholes. You don't get to boss around other people while proclaiming yourself nice without being an asshole at the same time.
>>
>>52855479
Ho Boy! This kind of argument. It's hilarious because you're obviously a former redditor to recognize that a double-spacing in 4chan would appear as single-spacing in Reddit. This is exactly what >>52854531 was talking about for berating others to feel better about oneself, and being hypocritical about it.
There's also the fact that there's no paragraph indentation in 4chan, besides manually pressing space, as shown. It's easier just to double space altogether.
>>
It's a repository for old /tg/ memes and WH40k wankery from back when this board was 90% 40k threads.
>>
>>52855615
You're talking with a troll.
>>
>>52855633
>from back when this board was 90% 40k threads.

That was never really the case. D&D made up the majority of threads then. It still makes up the majority of threads now.
>>
>>52855615
he was copy pasting a meme, you obvious newfag.
>>
>>52855602
I don't proclaim to be nice actually, I just try to not act like an asshole. And there is very objective things that you can't mesure. If you just let people live their life and live yours, you're not acting like an asshole, if you decide to cheat on your SO you are acting like an asshole.
>>
>>52855649
There was a brief period of time before D&D Next where there were almost no D&D threads. But 1d4chan does make it seem like /tg/ only really gives a shit about 40k.
>>
File: sixth time.jpg (30KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
sixth time.jpg
30KB, 410x410px
>>52854453
> Im new here whats with the 1d4chan hate
Because 1d4chan memes are old memes.
Sure, it's fine to mention them once in a while, just like demotivators or Longcat gets mentioned once in a while, BUT NOT FUCKING CONSTANTLY.
The thing is, Internet is a pretty violent and unstable social structure. Fresh memes keep the community from stagnating.
So when someone says "fuck off with your 1d4chan bullshit", what he actually means is "we've seen this fucking shit a hundred times already, can't you put some fucking effort into your post and post some OC instead?".
>>
>>52855668
And I'm taking it seriously, thereby denying it of any comedic value it might have.

>>52855638
No anon, I am the troll.
>>
>>52854453
There are some who would have us forget our history. They are trying to shape /tg/ into something they're more comfortable with and that's very hard to do when you can just open another tab and see how wrong they are.
Buncha faggots.
>>
>>52855677
>I just try to not act like an asshole.
Yet you are one.

> And there is very objective things that you can't mesure
No, there is none.
>>
File: -4 str.png (340KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
-4 str.png
340KB, 600x800px
>>52855733
>They are trying to shape /tg/ into something they're more comfortable with and that's very hard to do when you can just open another tab and see how wrong they are.
This sentence makes no fucking sense.
Shaping something to your liking has nothing to do with what it was before.
If I carve a marble statue, it doesn't matter that it once was a block of marble. That was then and this is now.
>>
>>52855736
He's referring to the /tg/ version of objective, which is the same as something being Subjective, except they'll argue autistically about it using "facts."

Example: Your Waifu is objectively Shit.
>>
>>52855736
You are very sure of what you are saying, which often point out that you're are just saying your opinion
>>
>>52855773
I thought about it for a second, but he looks genuinely retarded enough to believe his own feelings as objective true, so I doubt it.

>>52855781
Uh huh?
>>
>>52854586

yeah its almost as if everyone here is struggling to come up with 'memes' about games/subcultures that theyve been playing and have been around for decades
>>
File: 7CzoI.jpg (271KB, 809x1250px) Image search: [Google]
7CzoI.jpg
271KB, 809x1250px
>>52854453
People used to make things and put them on 1d4chan, but now nobody makes things and just calls all the things that were made "cringy".
>>
>>52855691
>There was a brief period of time before D&D Next where there were almost no D&D threads

There was really no time where D&D wasn't the most discussed topic on this board. I may be somewhat unfairly including offbeat fantasy questions into the mix, but the general expectation is that those questions are being asked because they pertain to some fantasy campaign, and the overwhelming majority of those are D&D.
>>
>>52855808
You know what ? Alright, I don't want to argue tonight, my country is being stupid again and that just makes me sad, so ok, you're right.
>>
>>52855808
That's inherent to the 4chan definition. The user must think they're using the other definition in its use. It's used as an indicator for idiots who need to be trolled or to recognize when the person you're arguing with is autistic.
>>
>>52855836
>>52855649
That's some mighty power revisionism you're doing. As of right now; I can only see about 7 threads at most that are directly about D&D.
>>
>>52855942
>directly about D&D.

Ever since the edition war, D&D has split into multiple editions rather than just everyone discussing 3rd, and some people also play non-D&D fantasy roleplaying games like Pathfinder. People prefer to address people who play any of those games, since their threads are rarely completely edition/game specific.

That said, "Fantasy roleplaying" is still the most talked about topic on this board, with somewhere around forty threads up at the moment, with it well understood that at a shot in the dark, anyone playing a fantasy roleplaying game has a 19/20 chance of playing some flavor of D&D.

Also, there's even fifteen up right now that are directly about D&D.
>>
>>52855287
Anon, I was talking about homebrew systems. If I wanted a Rate My Shit thread I would've just taken a photo of my toilet bowl and posted it on /b/.
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Talk:Transformers
You read this page and fucking tell me, "what's with the 1d4chan hate".
>>
>>52855773
>Example: Your Waifu is objectively Shit.
But your waifu IS objectively shit
>>
>>52856147
That conversation is taken entirely out of context.
>>
>>52856191
It doesn't need context. 1,000+ lines of fucking autism about a franchise completely unrelated to /tg/ on the /tg/ wiki shouldn't even fucking exist. Nevermind the angry /pol/acks fightng with the retarded socjus kiddies.
>>
File: Scylla_extra_art.jpg (166KB, 670x945px) Image search: [Google]
Scylla_extra_art.jpg
166KB, 670x945px
>>52856186
My waifu is a Bisexual Scylla who wields the harem as her own. It's not my harem, it's not hers, it's ours.

Plus, what she can do with those tentacles... damn.

>>52856220
I mean in the context of life. Have you come to know each of those posters personally, each as a dear friend? Have you come to know each of their motivations for posting, and why they argue so? Do you know their living situations? What they're going through?

No? You disgust me.
>>
>>52856284
Go back to 1d4ddit.
>>
>>52856330
No. You're here, therefore I must also be here to annoy you.
>>
>>52856284
>My waifu is a Bisexual Scylla who wields the harem as her own. It's not my harem, it's not hers, it's ours.
>
>Plus, what she can do with those tentacles... damn.
So you agree with me?
>>
>>52854653
Basically. It also contributes to the cancerous /tg/ mentality that /tg/ is the best board on 4chan and not wallowing in shit like the rest of those idiots, when this is a pigpen. We're all rolling in shit, but it's fine because that's whats fun.

Also acting like we're the board that 'gets shit done' is obscene. Especially since the videogame boards have Notch, who objectively won.
>>
>>52856466
Well, yes, in that we could argue for hours on the quality of my waifu, as the 4chan definition states.
>>
>>52856520
Even though I'm right
>>
>>52856573
Probably, yeah. I mean it doesn't even matter who's right in the context of the argument, you'll just keep replying until you have the last word, which is the current version of winning an argument on /tg/. Anyone can do it, doesn't require logic, only requires enough autism to keep posting replies until you have the last one.
>>
>>52855267
>if you wanted to be right, you had to prove it.

Except that when someone starts asking for proof or citations you already know he's going to arbitrarily dismiss it as irrelevant or claim that it doesn't count because it is biased, at best
>>
File: VAeA885.jpg (100KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
VAeA885.jpg
100KB, 500x285px
I think the awkward thing about 1d4chan is that despite being a repository for old /tg/ jokes and trivia, it's both outdated and idealized in a way that someone who is new to /tg/ would not be able to recognize. Someone who uses it for a reference on how to act on /tg/ is going to be in for a weird shock when they try to assume baseline /tg/ is like that. I've seen it before when some newfag went in with a bunch of stale angry dorf roleplaying about fucking knifeears and was confused why he looked like pic related.

That being said, I don't think there's actually anything wrong with 1d4chan. It just suffers from the same problem other /tg/ projects have in that the idea and initial planning is fun, but once the crunch, maintenance, and other less fun but necessary parts of the creative process come into play the thing falls apart and becomes operated by a skeleton crew of people who actually give a shit.
>>
>>52856735
Do it for the other anons.
>>
>>52856735
Oh sure, that happens. But he's not the only one who's looking at the discussion, and even if he spends his time bitching, it might still change his mind in the end.

There's nothing to gain or lose for an argument here, so even if the guy keeps posting against you, doesn't mean he hasn't reconsidered his position.
>>
>>52856770
Sadly, trying to win an internet argument is seldom about the others.
>>
>>52856629
Yeah, that's exactly how it will happen. But just remember: your waifu is shit, just like every other waifu
>>
Very poor articles outside of a few exceptions. I don't see why veritable classics like Call of Cthulhu have tiny and very inaccurate articles, while AoS gets massive ones. It doesn't help that the people who run the site roll back any changes made to alleviate the quality issue. Being a gateway from Reddit to here doesn't help either.
>>
>>52854453
>new here
I recommend leaving. There's nothing good here, and I wouldn't want for you to ruin everything else
>>
>>52855115
>I will argue with you autistically about this every step of the way.

I believe it.
>>
>>52856972
Well, why shouldn't I? I'm objectively right about everything.
>>
>>52854453
Over the years, 4chan has become home to increasingly fascist conservative losers. Even though they don't form the majority, they're the loudest people on the board, and it's shifted the culture.
On /tg/, it means ridiculous amounts of military fetishism, so the old opinions of 1d4chan are to be hated.
We went from 'Ultrasmurfs are fucking Mary Sues' to 'I want to suck the cock of every Space Roman'.
Traded one obnoxious viewpoint for another.
>>
>>52857517
I'm a newfag and I still think those fucking smurfs are stupid.
>>
>>52855733
Normies and people that just hate creativity and in-jokes I suppose.
>>
>>52857752
>Normies
So people like you?
>>
>>52857815
>No u
Try harder, Jimmy.
>>
>>52857836
Please just respect this sites lingo and use the "-fag" suffix. There is nothing homophobic about it and the mods won't ban you for using it, like in the other forums and sites you come from. Thanks.
>>
File: 1492786189720.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
1492786189720.gif
4MB, 204x204px
This thread needs more autism.
>>
>>52857938
Normies started here too, senpai. I don't have to use normalfag just because it's an older term for the same thing. I'll use whatever term I damn well please.
>>
>>52857987
>Normies
Highly doubt it, isn't that a tumblr-term?
>>
>>52857987
The thing is... /b/-tards could be defined as Normies... but anyone else would hardly call them normal.
>>
>>52858049

They usually push dudebro instead after bro became a term of endearment.
>>
>>52858206
Bro was always a term of endearment.
>>
>>52855184
Don't cut yourself on all that edge man. And maybe wear less eyeliner, the world will look brighter for it. Not everyone wants to be "that guy" we all hate that actually. Please leave this board, you're ruining it with your underage r9k mentality.
>>
File: perturbed.png (73KB, 400x459px) Image search: [Google]
perturbed.png
73KB, 400x459px
>>52854499
Fpbp
>>
>>52856284
I kinda like your waifu, consentacles are the fucking best. Personally I'm more of a sneak girl fan, Miia just makes me melt. Anon, for every "your waifu is shit" their is also the fellow /d/eviant.
>>
Reading this thread many people seem to have a problem with the fact that 1d4chan doesn't give an accurate image of the board. How motherfucking the fuck fack fuckeringus fucking dumb are you guys? "Hurr Durr too much 40k!" So what? You can try to edit yourself if you really want or you can leave the site be. If you would go work on it it wouldn't all be 40k you lazy r9k tier bitter procrastinators. I disagree that it gives a completely wrong idea of this board. It highlights some things from the boards past, has a lot of nice hobby info (for geedubs games at least) as well as some humor. Maybe everything isn't perfect but you have to be a special kind of stupid to think this board is paradise instead of just a image board where people talk about tabletop games and something funny/cool happens from time tot time.
And I like the fanfics up on there. I really do. Reading is my greatest hobby and all the stories there and how their connected to games and fantasy world I like is wonderfull. Yeah many are also shit but if you focus on the dark that's all you'll ever see. Some of the shit is pretty good.
>>
>>52857517
So much delusion in one post. nobody likes the smurfs, some people like girlyman but nobody likes his chapter.
>>
>>52855706
And yet, /tg/ has no problem with raising the umpteenth "why are fighters in D&D so shit /tg/?" or "stat me" or "alignment, what do?" threads even though everyone at this point knows that a) it's more often than not troll threads and b) people are going to be too busy talking AT one another to generate any sort of worthwhile discussion.

I'd honestly rather have a thread discussing how to remake Sir Bearington for laughs or discussing why Noh was such an interesting encounter than a thousand threads confirming that 3.PF was the worst thing to ever happen to the tabletop community since F.A.T.A.L.
>>
>>52855827
I miss the All Tommorrows memes
remember that fad?
>>
>>52856804
If you care about anyone else in an internet argument, you're doing it wrong. It's all for my own amusement and enlightenment.
>>
>>52863297
It is a good book, though.
>>
>>52855297
Easy, take average spider volume and average vagina volume. Then divide the vagina volume by spider volume and you got it.

(volume/vagina) / (volume/spider) = spiders/vagina.
>>
>>52855474
Holy shit I can't imagine being as autistic as you are
>>
>>52855602
nah man, i know a nice dude
>>
>>52854531
You sanctimonious fuckhead, how do you even breathe when your horse is that high? You're practically in the goddamn stratosphere.
>>
>>52854577
/ck/ is actually really bad about that.

I suspect it's because of the higher proportion of women.
>>
>>52855835
this pic triggers me because that group has vastly different level of intelligence

how the fuck is Double D or Daria on the same intellectual level as Dexter or Nigel?
>>
>>52860563
But those things have already been discussed. They're done. There's nothing left to add to them. Preserve them if you like, for posterity's sake, but don't try to pretend they're still relevant.

The thousand threads of D&D hate is an altogether different beast because most of that is in response to people asking questions or for recommendations, and it's not even as bad as you imply. Go into a D&D thread and scroll past the 10 obligatory '>D&D' posts. People rarely make threads specifically for D&D hate, and when they do it's usually in response to new content, like when a developer posts something really fucking stupid.

Stat Me threads are cancer, it's just a thinly veiled excuse to talk about some trivial bullshit, usually an anime or vidya that the OP recently watched/played.

Alignment threads usually have at least something new. It's a very diverse topic that usually leads to at least a small amount of interesting discussion in amongst the shitposting.

Basically, you're being really reductive about the whole thing and come off sounding bitter as fuck that nobody cares about the 'golden oldies'.
>>
>>52863883
>Stat Me threads are cancer, it's just a thinly veiled excuse to talk about some trivial bullshit, usually an anime or vidya that the OP recently watched/played.

They're actually very good because it can easily lead to a discussion to how said anime or vidya can be translated to a traditional game, which is a good and enjoyable exercise in creativity that modern /tg/ needs.
>>
>>52863883
Dude, having been in several of D&D threads, it basically boils down to the same autists making the same arguments and trying to shout down one another while shitting on any system that would actually fix the problem being addressed or getting butthurt because someone suggested "well, have you tried NOT playing D&D?"

Also, stat me threads at least have the benefit of getting /tg/ to focus on something else besides D&D or 40k for once and they can sometimes lead to interesting discussions as one suggests a system and others come in to talk about both the character, the work that they're from, the systems being mentioned, and how a better build would suffice based off of what the system can actually do.
>it's just a thinly veiled excuse to talk about some trivial bullshit
Do you know where we are?
>>
>>52854743
Homewrecker
>>
>>52855267
I agree with a lot of this- It's something I've spent some time thinking about and researching. I do know that that one morrowind webcomic maker had a bunch of rants up somewhere about that.

That's another reason why 'Tits or GTFO' became a thing. It was always used in response to someone saying 'I'm a guuuurl lolz' as if their gender had anything to do with anything.

I like 4chan, for quite a few reasons, and one of the main reasons is that complete anonymity and a culture that prizes itself on anonymity is really goddamn interesting.

Another reason is that when I say something stupid and get shut down hard, I can pretend like that wasn't ever me and totally change my opinion without losing face. It happens a lot more than I'd like.
>>
>>52863816
Obviously, Daria's the beleaguered administrator, who has to deal with everyone else's bullshit and keep them focused on one thing, while Double D's... Well, uh...

He's there?
>>
>>52863816
>>52866876
Double D has built some pretty crazy stuff that goes into super science realms, it's just the materials he uses are typically common items found in a suburban setting rather than more sophisticated ones, with cardboard featuring prominently.

I remember a jetpack, an automatic potato washing/peeling machine and an orbital elevator amongst other devices being seen.

Daria just talks in a slow monotone, making acerbic comments about the actions of the people around her, from what I recall.
>>
>>52854884
Not only do they not cook, they don't enjoy actual food. It's all either shit about their favorite fast food chains, or yet more thinly veiled culture war shit nominally disguised as ethnic food hate threads.
>>
>>52863772
if that were the case then /v/ would be a lot more civil
>>
File: dean tear.jpg (44KB, 600x880px) Image search: [Google]
dean tear.jpg
44KB, 600x880px
>>52854784
Is it ironic that "person who did some good for /tg/ in the past" and "goes on /pol/" is a solid bet these days?
>>
>>52863883
>>52864068
You guys are low level trolls. D&D Hate threads do nothing constructive because the idiots who make them don't have anything worth saying.

You guys just try to come up with "reasons", when it's all just little opinions for your personal taste, and you act like you think you can use them to objectionably prove your subjective opinions.

It would be like guys making threads to complain about orange juice. Did you know I could write pages upon pages explaining why orange juice is terrible? Would it in any way actually make orange juice terrible? At best, you'd be able to say "okay, I won't drink it after brushing my teeth, thanks for the tip," but more likely you'd just say "Orange juice is good. There's no reason to act like a dumb cunt all the time just because other people like it."
>>
>>52869108
>comparing D&D to orange juice
That's conceited. If you compared it to withered cunts that'd be more accurate.
>>
>>52869384
And you wonder why no one takes you seriously and complains about you?
>>
>>52854453
They're idiots who completely missed the point of basic concepts and every obnoxious newfag regurgitated their articles like fact when they had no idea what the fuck they were talking about in such high quantities and volume that the dumbfuckery was made canon

>Nurgle caring about his followers
>Imperial Guard having "steel balls"
>The Imperium being something that should be looked up to
>>
File: 1475341303451.jpg (13KB, 226x150px) Image search: [Google]
1475341303451.jpg
13KB, 226x150px
>>52869528
>khorne being honorable
>>
File: 1376692384780.jpg (40KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1376692384780.jpg
40KB, 800x804px
>>52869108
>>52869399
>And you wonder why no one takes you seriously and complains about you?
>He says, after posting a fucking food analogy
Holy shit, D&D really does cause brain damage.
>>
>>52869108
>more likely you'd just say "Orange juice is good."
If orange juice is D&D, then no.
>>
File: 121107-181213.jpg (94KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
121107-181213.jpg
94KB, 640x480px
>>52854809
Oh please. There was a time when people on /tg/ would give away stuff they'd CRAFTED BY HAND, purely for the joy of sharing. I still have the dwarf head dice bag I got from one of Esh-Esh's Halloween raffles.
>>
It's full of memes that people think they have outgrown even though the memes now are just as bad and in a few years if they have anything to look back on from right now they will feel the same way about it. That's the long and the short of it, just that shame you feel when you remember that time in high school that you made a shitty joke that all your friends laughed at or stated some misinformation you had heard that they all believed because they were also dumb teens but you suspect they were actually laughing at what a fuckup you were, except perpetuated because of the incessant influx of new faces meaning every year has its own brand of shitty injokes we all laugh at and bullshit we believe and very little sense of perspective.

Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>52867743
Aren't you the same faggot who wrote that /pol/ rant about how it's OK to watch Steven Universe because it agrees with your shitty politics instead of someone else's shitty politics?
>>
>>52855378
Spiders? In my vagina?
>>
>>52870200
Id Esh-Esh still about?
>>
>>52870881
ded just like the rest of them
>>
>>52854453
It is and always has been a gateway from Reddit with the added bonus of preserving memes long past their shelf-life (ex. Angry Marines, Mat Ward hate)
>>
>>52871043
:<
This is genuinely saddening.
>>
File: 1406598093908.jpg (45KB, 231x441px) Image search: [Google]
1406598093908.jpg
45KB, 231x441px
There is no reason for 1d4chan to be around anymore. It's the dumping ground for shit that never happened, stale memes, whining (mostly about 40k), bad fanfiction, original the content donut steel, "in my setting", and pretty much everything that /tg/ made long ago and doesn't care about anymore. If you want old memes and "history", check the archives. If you want /tg/-made settings and systems, they're either dead or on a different site. If you want "fun and informative" articles, you're a faggot for not reading the sources yourself and coming up with your own opinions. It's dead weight at this point.
>>
>>52857517
I'm pretty fascist so that does not matter to me
>>
>>52854586
/k/ has been repeating the same memes for a decade and they've turned out fine.
>>
>>52872063
Which is the archive? Thisisnotatruending?
>>
File: file.png (563KB, 578x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
563KB, 578x600px
I have a soft spot for Deathworld.

There is nothing particularly original about Soviets and Nazi ruling the world, but i like the Zombie Founding Fathers
>>
File: 1492471067712.gif (2MB, 380x365px) Image search: [Google]
1492471067712.gif
2MB, 380x365px
I really don't have a problem with it until newfags start using it to try and bypass the important but unwritten "lurk more" rule.
>>
>>52870776
I'm not him though, I just notice everyone experienced and dilligent from system builder threads, gamefinder threads or stores that goes on /tg/ also goes on /pol/.

I think it's because it's the only place that actively attempts to accomplish things anymore, whatever those things may be, while all the other boards are dead in the water.
>>
>>52869528
>>The Imperium being something that should be looked up to
Are you implying it shouldn't?
>>
>>52857517

It's almost ironic, really; whoever made up that quote and attributed it to some Founding Father or other kind of hit the nail on the head.

"Any group that thinks it the height of humor to act an idiot will soon find themselves surrounded by idiots who think themselves in good company."
>>
>>52860438

He's right about the conservatives, though; 4chan has always been the cesspool of the internet, and as its free speech and egalitarian asshole-ism became more and more famous, all the complete shits who got kicked off of every OTHER forum slowly congealed into 4chan.
>>
>>52872063
>It's the dumping ground for shit that never happened
As opposed to daily horror story threads right?
>>
>>52854453
Newfags hate the past that existed before they came here.
>>
>>52879525
To be fair it's not just conservatives. 4chan is collecting an aggravating mix of morons from every political spectrum. And now they're having some sort of asinine bitch fight on /pol/ that's spilling out onto other boards like /k/.
>>
>>52880290

While you're right in principal, the internet has, for a very long time, been a widely liberal space, so you have a lot more disenfranchised right wing people than left; both tend to be loud and whiny, but I do think there are more of the fascist nutjobs than ivory tower liberals furiously masturbating to their own idea of 'free speech' on 4chan.
>>
>>52855115
>I'm a Diagnosed Sperg currently on 50mg of Vyvance. I will argue with you autistically about this every step of the way.
I would definately do some speed with you mate. You sound like a fun autist.
>>
>>52854453
I like it
>>
>>52855706
but every thread on /tg/ is either,
1. a general
2. why game x is shit
3. newbie problems
4. bait
5. scub
where is your OC?
/tg/ turns into some kind of reddit meets /b/ and i hate it
>>
File: just walk away.jpg (26KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
just walk away.jpg
26KB, 300x301px
>>52855267
>>
>>52880504
>where is your OC?
We drove majority of the OC to the other boards or completely off the 4chan over past couple years.
>>
>>52860563
You just named all my filters that aren't quest and cyoa.
>>
>>52854499
Also, their tactics and game strategies pages are either incredibly outdated, written by a dipshit with little game knowledge, or both.

>>52854531
Also has some truth to it underneath all the talking down and general faggotry.
>>
File: waiting.gif (357KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
waiting.gif
357KB, 263x239px
It's partly to do with how many of the faggots who use it are so eager to leave their mark that they'll contribute to any off-topic garbage they see in the hopes that their efforts will be written down somewhere.

/tg/ related, stat me.
>>
>>52880987
People don't listen on here unless they feel like they've got to prove someone wrong.

Also, calling me a faggot is an insult to both me and the faggots. I've honed my general prickishness and dickbaggery to the point where I've gone through faggotry as a whole and am somewhere in the murky depths on the other side.
>>
>>52881748
>People don't listen on here unless they feel like they've got to prove someone wrong.
You know how fey in Exalted and nWoD only exist by defining themselves in opposition to others? That's kind of how this board is now. We can only praise a game or a system or even an in-setting faction or character in the context of calling something else shit in comparison.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.