[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The last character you played gets transported to this world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 34

The last character you played gets transported to this world and meets you.

What happens?
>>
>"You never had a job for entire WHAT?"
>>
>cute, caring and empathic Trill Medical Officer
I...I think she would be more pissed about being a pacifist more than anything, considering the symbiote was a soldier and a combat engineer.
>>
File: Yoggsaron Rope's end.jpg (30KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Yoggsaron Rope's end.jpg
30KB, 600x315px
>>52852382
>"I can't believe a looser like you can even exist!"
He would either flip his shit and probably punch me or would die laughing.
>>
>>52852382
>Elderly gentleman extremely british Paladin.
He'd probably start by demanding tea, then discus my poor social life.
>>
He'd probably shoot me with a rainbow and ask my corpse why I don't live in a Wizard Tower.
>>
We're gonna find out if I can say "Safe haven, hunting ground, local language and unlimited supply of booze." before angry vampire closes the distance.
>>
File: Capitalism ho!.jpg (45KB, 482x495px) Image search: [Google]
Capitalism ho!.jpg
45KB, 482x495px
>>52852566
If he doesn't demand Earl Grey, I will be extremely disappoint.

>>52852382
The last character I played was a Seneschal in Rogue Trader. So, after ample booze and lamenting over the fact all her wealth was imaginary, I'd probably, drunkenly, point out she now has new markets to exploit and ply her trade on. And hopefully I can make myself useful enough that she'd agree to keep me around.
>>
>>52852382
I probably ask her to teach me magic. She probably refuses on the grounds of my brain not being big enough. I have an anxiety attack. She fixes herself some tea and watches.
>>
File: GR.png (147KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
GR.png
147KB, 500x710px
>>52852382
>"..."
>oh fuck
>"You're 'him', huh?"
>oh fuck
>"It's all because of you, isn't it?"
>OH FUCK
>"I've felt you there, you know."
>FUCK
>"In the back of my mind, making me do things."
>FUCKFUCKFUCK
>"Fucking SHUT UP"
>---
>"I thought you would be some eldritch demon that I had to slay, but you're just a boring twenty something nerd. That's, frustratingly mundane."
>S-sorry.
>"Just... just work out how to send me back. And do not. control. me. again."
>Y-you too.
>>
>Dark Souls universe pyromancer
>Obsessed with finding Izalith

I don't think I'm going to have a good time, unless I can *really* sell her on modern chemistry.
>>
>>52852382
> Foxgirl street samurai with way too much cyberware
I would quickly discover that she's every bit as annoying as I designed her to be. Then she'd get arrested for waving a katana around in public, or get hit by a bus that isn't self-driving.
>>
>>52852382
I'd probably get a real hard beating. Maybe not up to broken bones but I'll be black and blue for some time.

Killing character's mother and brother in a backstory won't go lightly.
>>
My last character was an orthodox tech-priest Crimson Exemplar. I think he'd have a fucking aneurysm at the modern world's tech and then go on a rampage, destroying the tech-heresy (and hereteks) that surrounds him until he's taken down eventually.
>>
She would cum when I mention the existence of the Internet and how it have all the current human knowledge in it.
>>
File: Iliira.png (536KB, 686x963px) Image search: [Google]
Iliira.png
536KB, 686x963px
>>52852382
I don't think Iliira the human-raised dark elf thief would like me very much, but on the bright side I don't have much for her to steal and can explain to her the concept and benefit of paper money.

Well, I know a YouTube video that can, anyway.

After that I have a funny feeling she'd be using my house as a base of operations while she learns about her new surroundings and adapts to modern-day technology, while simultaneously looking for adventures in the real world to go on. After a crime spree to finance things, anyway. Being 14th level by now, she's superhuman and so almost certainly wouldn't get caught.

She'd probably look at some place like Syria or North Korea and assume it's a place she has to go adventure in to set things right.
>>
>>52852793
Nice picture!
>>
>>52852382
>H:tV character
He might get annoyed that I didn't invest more points in combat skills, but we'd get along just fine otherwise.
>>
>Drunk redneck college student in Call of Cthulhu modern
I think we'd hit it off
>>
>>52852382
>LOLRANDUMB dorf
I have a midget drinking buddy now and he'll probably have come up with a ridiculous plan to get us rich within five minutes. Life is good.
>>
>>52852382

He'll probably murder me, because holy shit, some things are not allowed. Like "Wow, so you're the one who made my whole village die from plague? I watch my parents sicken and die in front of me! You're telling me the whole tragedy only happened because you created me from whole cloth?"
>>
File: Carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>52853132
Should have used silk instead.
>>
>>52852382
.....Shit
"Hmm, I was wondering why I didn't punch that odd woman earlier"
You aren't upset about me making you only close in melee?
"Why would I? It is the honorable thing to do"
And losing your arm
"We all must give our tieths to the emperor someday, some sooner than later but"
Oh here it comes
"WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO MAKE ME HIT AN ORK WITH A KRAK GRENDADE"
To be fair, I never made you do it
"BUT YOU GAVE THE DM THE IDEA FOR THAT DAMNABLE XENOS TO DO IT"
....To be fair he was drunk
"TASTE THE WRATH OF THE EMPEROR'S IRON FIST CUR!"
>>
Feel slightly sorry for me but more grossed out by me
>>
>>52852382

He's dead. Devoured by a monster.
>>
>>52852382

Last character I played would die instantly upon being transported to the real world due to lack of mana IRL and him being an inherently magical being that cannot exist without it. So I guess I'd meet a one armed corpse? And wonder what the fuck a one armed corpse is doing anywhere near me?

Before that was a Zen Archer in Pathfinder. We were playing with the mythic rules (Pro tip : don't play the mythic rules, they're broken beyond quick description); and went through the Wrath of the Righteous adventures arc. At the end she ascended to minor diety status and had Arueshalae as her waifu. I suppose we'd talk for a while and have a deep philosophical discussion about each of us being a diety in their own way. We'd both be rather humble. I would absolutely promise to be good to her. We'd drink green tea and have fresh bread while we talked. Then she'd use her unbreakable metaphysical connection to her home demi-plane to return to it at will. We'd probably never meet again.

I'd never be able to play an RPG or write a ficticious story again; because fucking whoa dude. That is way too much responsibility.

Or are we talking video games?

Because then it becomes : FUCK! How do I get Commander Shepard back to alt-Earth to save the Galaxy from the Reapers?
>>
He's a giant turtle-man, and described as having eternal patience for bullshit. He also really likes food, so i guess we just chill and snack.
>>
>>52852382
Probably netflix and chill,watching some moives, he getting a boner at todays weaponry and try to build some steampunk Gatling-Shotgun or some dumb shit like that.
>>
>>52852663
That's weird. You're imagining your character as an existing person that gets controlled by your actions? Do you do any role play in your campaigns? Do you roleplay as somebody that says one thing and does the other because his actions are not his own?
>>
>>52852793
>>52852808
That damn bowstring, though. I thought some artist made a version where it's properly under her left arm in that drawthread.
>>
File: only-you-can-save-mankind-2.jpg (272KB, 721x1200px) Image search: [Google]
only-you-can-save-mankind-2.jpg
272KB, 721x1200px
>>52853562
With your dreams.
Didn't you know? Only you can save mankind.
>>
>Paranoid, Drug Addicted Rodian Smuggler

Lock me out of my own house and start doing drugs.
>>
>>52852382
I suspect that I'd get a brief once over, I doubt he'd waste a detect evil on me.
After that I guess he'd join me in a cup of tea, because well I've got tea and rum, and he doesn't drink.
I'd get a million question about this world, the nature of it, ruling powers, ect...

after that he'd go stomping out the door and the next time I see him would be on the news with the tag "crazy man with flaming sword defies death after lone charge on isis strong hold"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9stfc69Lfa0

he has lived through things that by no rights he should have. I feel the only explanation is that god truly dose favour him.
>>
>>52852382
Thank god she tosses me at least one world-changing device just to see what happens before she goes to do the only thing she's ever known: Build a criminal empire with Eclipse Phase technology, except this time nobody is around to stop her.
>>
>>52852382
He knew this was happening for the longest time, except now he's at "Arche". He's going to goddamned purge us so hard, this is what he was waiting for.
>>
Incoherent Jawa squeaking noises and a large explosion
>>
>>52852382
>Zabrak mechanic/medic who was just trying to live a quiet life before he got sucked into the overarching plot in an Edge of the Empire campaign

He'd probably be pretty cool and down to earth, wouldn't immediately try to kill me or anything. I'm not sure how the fuck he'd be able to fit in anywhere, but he might be able to fix my car and build some cool shit with his knowledge. Not sure if we'd be able to speak the same language though.
>>
>>52852382
Does she know I "created" her? Because that could change her answer from "how do you know these things about me?" to "EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIIIIEEEEE".
>>
>>52852382

He recruits me for his quest to get back to his world. Being ex-military, I'm a fairly capable fighter, so I guess we would be cool.
>>
File: b34170ecc3872a5fc0cdff1a932c8984.jpg (195KB, 1708x1639px) Image search: [Google]
b34170ecc3872a5fc0cdff1a932c8984.jpg
195KB, 1708x1639px
Crying probably.
>>
>>52852382
>Goblin necromancer and king of an evil nation

Unless I could very quickly, and eloquently, point out what possible use I could have to him beyond being an undead meat puppet, I'd be pretty straight up fucked.
>>
>>52852382
>"You gave me three brothers and two sisters."
>"Yes, and?"
>"...you really miss your brother, don't you?"
>"...yes."
>>
He'd probably be super excited to discover a new world he could become a hero of, and would start writing down everything in his journal for when he goes back home to tell his kids about it.
>>
>>52856560
Shit dude, hope you're ok. I know how much it sucks to lose a sibling.

On topic, I don't speak Swedish, so my characters probably going to hunker down until he understands the modern age.

Then he's gonna do what he knows best, war profiteering
>>
>>52856826
He's not dead, the family just sort of disintegrated over the years. Mom left first.

Honestly, though, I bet my character would have more questions about why one of the songs he knows so well is a lyrics-swap of Lost In Thoughts All Alone, and what made me decide to make him a Halfling.
>>
>>52852382
>"I'm shocked someone as ugly as you could create something as beautiful as me, but good taste."

If we get along, he might help me with his sorcerer powers.
>>
>>52852382
He starts talking to me as if we'd been friends for a few weeks. Our group's current campaign takes place at our university with a few supernatural twists. Our actual selves have shown up as irrelevant background characters, it's weird role playing a conversation with yourself.
>>
>>52852382
>Drunkard Kobold Yakuza Barbarian with 7 int and adamantine plated teeth.

Well, we're getting crunk tonight.
On the other hand, we'll probably also get arrested.
Whatever, he can eat the cell bars.
>>
>If this includes NPCs
Me and my enlightened Kuo-Toa friend are going to get comfy, grab a few snacks and stay up all night talking about deep philosophical shit. We'll have the greatest bromance ever

>If NPCs don't count
I guess I'm stuck with the Halfling Eldritch Knight I made yesterday and don't have a concrete personality for yet. I guess I could get her to teach me how to fence in exchange for letting her sleep in the spare room.
>>
>>52852382
>Last character I played
>500lb shut in NEET slowly going insane because of a spooky ghost who has decided it wants to kill him

He probably decides to murder my ass if he ever finds out that I'm the one responsible for giving him such a shitty backstory. Wouldn't even blame him.
>>
>>52852382

He'd be quite happy with me, because I made a Solar. He'll be like "Hey, you made me one of the 300 near-immortal God-Kings of the universe. It's like I won the lottery. We cool mang, we cool."
>>
Well, the last character that actually got used in a game is a SPAAACE PALADIN/Kamen-Rider-with-Super-Sentai-super-robot whose powers come more or less directly from Phoenix and is just obnoxiously good and wholesome, so he'd probably toss some heals and Remove Disease my way, then move on to part-time heroing and/or meing a magical doctor somewhere too downtrodden to care that his medical license was issued in another dimension and fiftysomething years in the future while working through his power-up-granted technical skill knowledge until he could upgrade the mecha with a hyperstream drive to get back to his team and fiancee. The real most recent character I've made and written amterial for but not played is literally me grabbed an inserted into another setting with a standard esper/inventor type protagonist upgrade package, and I can therefore say with absolute certainty they'd both immediately recognise the situation and be willing to help me go full transhumanist and either forcibly convert the world genre to mecha space opera anime instead of some shitty politics/crime/corporate dystopia or get both of us out ofhere for somewhere more interesting and generally noblebright. Extra benefit, my little dog is still alive and only barely adult age accompanying that character, so yay fuzzy cuddles.
>>
>>52852651
You sound like a sperg.
>>
sitting around, wallowing in our misery while boozing.
>>
Get experimented on to see if he can use this principle to grant himself divine and godlike powers.

Possibly survive the process???
>>
>>52852382
He gives me a nasty look for making him work for vampires and structuring his entire being specifically to serve said vampires.

After learning about the real world, he convinces me to buy him powdered diamonds so he can work in a hospital, bringing recently-deceased people back to life.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 215x235px
>So, Thor isn't real in this world?
Afraid not, Verl
>That'd explain the lack of lightning coming from my fingertips. Are all the giants dead yet?
I...guess? We don't have any giants here, unless you believe in crazy conspiracies about stargates.
>If it means killing giants, tell me of these stargates while I eat all your food. I'll believe in crazier if there's steady work in it.
>>
>>52852382
He rolls over and gets pets and treats cause he's a good boy. Yes he is.
>>
>>52852382
Judge Dread Robot is not amused.
>>
>who are you?
I'm you, but without magic.
>huh...
Silence
>Well see you later, bye!
Never see him again.
>>
>>52852595
How does he understand that if he doesn't already speak the local language?
>>
>>52862776
>Doesn't even think about asking how to get back.
>He just leaves to explore.
>>
Have a nice chat
Tell him about the wonders of this world
Figure out if his body and spells still work on game physics.
Try and munchkin our way to super cheap magic items via gp value of materials csmodern day value of materials (I.E. salt is worth its weight in silver in D&D. The material costs for magical items are "an unspecified amount of materials costing XXXXgp". Spend a few hundred dollars on salt to fund the crafting and go from there).
>>
>>52852382
Played, or created? The last character I actually played (Elias Roth) is smart as fuck, with the ability to teleport, turn incorporeal, and levitate, all at will and has basically just perfected the art of kind of not existing for a few seconds at a time. He's a spy-turned-politician with a habit of collecting embarrassing information on anybody and everybody that he might want to put pressure on later, so between that and his intelligence allowing him to acclimatize to this world pretty quickly, he'd become a seriously player in world politics very quickly.

He'd also probably ignore me completely once he learned I wasn't a threat, since I'd be of no use to him at all.

My current character (Knobwrinkle) has been created, but the game he's in keeps getting delayed, so I haven't had a chance to actually play him yet. He's a sewer-dwelling goblin tinker, so he'd probably immediately retreat to our sewer system, then spend the rest of his days grumbling about how puny it is compared to the usual fantasy sewers, and turning any scraps he can find into dangerous mechanical gadgets and weaponry that he never gets around to using. He's pretty much a hermit whose sole reason for getting into the upcoming adventure is because a bunch of other sewer-dwellers are about to start a war with the surface folk, and he just knows that all that's gonna do is get a bunch of dumbass surface dwellers to start tromping all over the sewers and disrupting his peace and quiet. So as long as no hapless maintenance workers stumble across his lair, he should live a pretty quiet life down there.

Knobwrinkle is more likely to panic and kill me with one of his many dangerous gadgets (or just accidentally kill me with them due to being old, half-blind, and just generally a bit bumbling). But otherwise not malicious, he just wants everybody to stay the hell off his lawn.
>>
>>52852382
He slays me where I stand for being a non-believer and the source of his psychosis.
>>
>>52852548
Is the thumbnail supposed to look like a qt anime merchild?
>>
>>52863378
Storm drains are more what Knobwrinkle (Hah!) would be used to, though depending on location there may be old subway tunnels, bomb shelters, or basements that have been more or less forgotten and possibly bricked up/buried that he could use.
>>
>>52863635
Hearthstone memes. Just abandon all hope for quality.
>>
>>52852382
He high fives me for getting him out of the TPK, then knocks me unconscious and teleports away.
>>
>>52853770

>Terry Pratchett

That reminds me, he had a short story about an author of a series of books with a Conan-type protagonist, he decides to finally kill him off but uses words to the effect of "goes to meet his maker", and the character shows up on his doorstep.

The character ends up usurping his reality and replacing him in a way that should be horrifying but somehow comes off bittersweet.
>>
>>52852382
Post number 69! Waifu is real! I have a reason to have some reason in life again!
>>
>>52864230
>>52864221
Kill me!
>>
>>52852382
>human rogue with a Nathan Drake-inspired focus on climbing and tactical rope swinging

I dunno, after the initial awkwardness and shouting, we end up being fairly chill with each other.
>>
>>52863847
The sewers he's used to are more like massive old aqueducts, the sort of sewers with 30 foot wide hallways and 50 foot square rooms that you only find in fantasy settings that want to use sewer-based dungeons. Though setting up shop in someone's basement does sound like fun.

Do the characters have any of our knowledge as players? I actually know of an abandoned building nearby with several basement floors and a lot of random shit lying around. That'd probably be a pretty solid base to build an undeground tinker goblin lair, now that I think of it.
>>
>gloryhound ace magical girl
Probably goes to seek her fortunes in the USAF? Decent odds she tries something stupid to start a war so she can become a leading ace.
>>
>>52863635
are you me?
>>
"Why has it been so long since ive done anything?"
>>
My character is my self-insert who became a superhero in another dimension, so he would probably think I am just another one of many multi-dimensional character versions of himself, so he would bring me to his dimension to become a hero too.
>>
A socially awkward waifu tier twilight crafter...

Assuming she doesn't up and disappear after the word hello...I'd probably wind up with an ingot of silver as payment for one thing or another...or maybe if lucky she'd take apart our cars and make them super efficent...because that is the kind of thing she does.
>>
File: IMG_0320.jpg (2MB, 1800x2546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.jpg
2MB, 1800x2546px
Considering that he is shamelessly based off of pic related.

It would probably result in a lot of missing valuables and a sudden outbreak of shadow infused goblins he can create.
>>
>>52852382
So from the episode of this I saw it's basically just John Scalzi's Redshirts but shittier?
>>
Well, I died at the end of yesterday's session, so...
>>
>>52852382
Use my knowledge of his greatest secrets to convince him that I am a facet of his mind, so rather than snapping my neck like he does to everyone else like the paranoid fucker he is, he might be so inclined to just chill and maybe even teach me a cantrip or two.
>>
Fall to the ground and weep since she now stands on Holy Terra before it was ruined.
>>
>>52852382
>Amusing Scientist/Engineer in a semi-hard scifi setting in the not too distant future
>Recently gained psychic powers after messing with some alien tech in a setting where this shit isn't supposed to happen because the GM was bored or is up to something
He'd probably just leave and revolutionize science or something.
>>
File: 1418329965468.png (159KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1418329965468.png
159KB, 480x360px
Ive never gotten to play a character before
>>
>street doctor and former political activist who is in a petty dispute with a demigod over the fact the demigod may have killed his brother
Likely he'd have an existential crisis over the fact he is fictional, then sit in front of a computer once I taught him to use one and spend several days reading, then think very hard about the fact he's likely the only person in our world who can use magic.
>>
File: vogoota.png (1MB, 1021x985px) Image search: [Google]
vogoota.png
1MB, 1021x985px
>>52852382
IT WAS A SELF INSERT

WE FUCK EACH OTHER
>>
>Goliath barbarian
>Ventured off of the incredibly huge mountain he grew up on and learned that everyone was very small and weak in comparison to him
>Was mostly okay with it, but kept finding himself in weird places where brute strength was the only thing nobody tried to use to solve their problems

I can't imagine he'd have a problem with someone who rolled him up as the biggest and the strongest.

I also can't imagine it would be easy to live with All-Might in his heyday, but I guess that's what I'm doing now.
>>
>Changeling: The Lost self-insert
She tries to kill me because she thinks I'm her Fetch.

Probably succeeds.
>>
>>52852382
i become a soldier for the neo roman empire under the rule of mussolini
hearts of iron ftw
>>
File: Veronica.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Veronica.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>52852382
Considering Maeve Randell is a 21 year old urban explorer going to school at Cal Arts in the year 2032 and just recently discovered that magic is real, so at first she'd probably believe that she got flung back in time by some spell she doesn't understand. It'd be a big blow to her ego to discover that the Boise native is actually the creation of a NorCal college student.

She'd probably have an existential crisis and have to write more than a few "Dear, Maeve Randell" letters telling herself why everything is going to be okay and that she'll be just fine.
I'd let her crash at my place but I'm not sure she'd be a fan since she's kind of an SJW. She'd probably be pretty mad that I made her a neurotic mess who fell into the SJW crowd mostly because of her need to feel accepted.

It would certainly be interesting explaining to my roommates why a neurotic 5'1" girl with lots of climbing gear is at our apartment.
>>
>>52852382
>Cleric of the goddess of explosions.
>Made her Chaotic Evil because that's how I felt when the only decent GM available has a massive hard-on for 3.5 D&D at the exclusion of everything else and there's literally no other game around.

I'm fucked, aren't I?
>>
>>52852382
>Very kind, mentally deficient assassin/soldier with speech impediment, obsessed with knives to the point of composing gentle nonsense songs about them and befriending people who give them their spares.

Get that fucker a butcher knife. Fucker would love a butcher's knife.
>>
>>52852382
Being a medieval Chinese bandit-turned-Buddhist-monk, he'd probably think the whole world transportation thing was some kind of test and meditate.
>>
>>52853536
How do you deal with the monster currently digesting him?
>>
He'd lead me to the path of enlightenment. Whatever that means...
>>
>>52868260
To be clear, I played him as more of a child-like goof that killed whoever threatened his friends because it was a fun team game than an edgelord murderhobo that used literal mental retardation as an excuse to kill.

Now *that* would have fucked me over...
>>
File: 1469754202383.gif (2MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469754202383.gif
2MB, 800x800px
>>52852382
I now have a narcoleptic demon freeloader who lives in my house and sleeps in my bed all day. With no real marketable skills beside mediocre fencing abilities, being able to shoot small flames from her hands, knowing how to do finances up to a certain point, and looking decent which would probably be offset by having goat feet and horns.

I suppose it could be worse.
>>
Probably flip out over the fact that his phone doesn't work anymore, his master is missing, and that "a dishonorable neet such as yourself!" would be what formed such a great "ninja warrior."

Once he calmed down he'd probably be confused at the fact that I know he has totally not power ranger armor, but can't see it considering I don't have a Stand.
>>
>"Heroic" showoff Devil Tiger
Oh boy. This doesn't bode well for anyone. It's like having Joseph Joestar and Dante from DmC condensed into one infuriatingly smug package.

I mean, he'd probably have a lot of fun At my expense and help me get /fit/ or something.
>>
>>52852382
>Magos Errant Explorator, who through some shenanigans was also the Scion of a Knight House

Either will suddenly go on a genocide crusade in his Knight suit on google due to abominable intelligence, or if he doesn't have it, I'll ask to be come the only other techpriest on the planet, and also chivalry.
>>
File: giant little girl.jpg (91KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
giant little girl.jpg
91KB, 471x600px
>Level one mountain giant little girl, Huge size category
>Her one character level is in cleric, because why not
>Effective level rating of twenty
>She's dropped off on Earth and notices absolutely nothing different
>Enforces tea party time with her fists
>Doesn't really care that she's a make-believe character, because some of her most durable friends are make-believe
>>
File: surviving_a_TPK.gif (908KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
surviving_a_TPK.gif
908KB, 180x200px
>>52852382
I'd get savagely beaten within an inch of my life and will probably never walk again.

I made his backstory ludicrously grim and traumatic as a joke.
>>
Considering the last character I played was an elven alchemist DMPC I think she would be rather mad about me letting her friends die and end up using me as a test subject
>>
>>52868727
Hellooooo nightmare fuel
>>
File: IMG_0221.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0221.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>ratfolk dread lich with an int so fucking high thanks to post level 20 mythic hyjincks that it's chocking he hasn't gone all Vevic on us yet
>Is currently attempting to either go full Vevic or just godhood in general
>probably won't be that happy he's been separated from the party
Well, after attempting to not shit myself in gear thanks to the panic aura he's got going, attempt to explain the situation, and try to bank on the fact that I've been pushing him towards every best possible idea for a lich/necromancer, and the recent fact that he just bought himself a planet.

I give myself a good chance on at least not being permanently destroyed , he'll probably turn me into an intelligent undead, but honestly that's just on par for him so I really wouldn't hold it against him.

Maybe I could even convince him to teach me magic for shits and giggles.
>>
>>52868828

Wait til you see it move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXr15K2uSc
>>
>solider who lost both his arms above the elbow in an ambush and has to wear two artifacts that bankrupted him to do anything meaningful, who's just run into the person he thinks betrayed his unit (another player , the unit's captain)

>Through sheer force of will he's learned to use these artifacts to give himself spectral hands (basically Mage hands but fully tangible and tied to his wisdom stat instead of str) and is now a monk, punching the fuck out of people

He'd probably be mad/confused that I've barely fleshed out his backstory more than what I've listed here, and then he'd either punch me to death for making a tortured soul or ask why he's so fucking cold all of a sudden. But I think he'd be happy with where I was in life. Most notably not a prick, merc, or a dead man.
>>
>>52852382
Thuggish mercenary turned paladin after near-death experience, outdoorsy tracker type.

He'd give me a pep talk, then borrow money for a plane ticket to some god-awful third world warzone where he can protect the innocent and slay the wicked.
>>
>>52852382

>A self-insert into a Rifts game who became ridiculously OP towards the end of the campaign
A dimensional rift opens in the skies over Washington DC. An army of replicants/clones based on my character pours through intent on conquest. I am identified as a variant of the progenitor and assimilated into their mystical collective.
>>
File: 1484458947732.png (37KB, 261x263px) Image search: [Google]
1484458947732.png
37KB, 261x263px
>I now have a nighvision goggles, leather armor wearing crossbowman in my house
>He smells of booze
>And fire
>But mostly booze
You know we'll get along just fine
Problem is how do I explain a medieval fantasy operator being in my house to basically anyone.
>>
>>52852382
>walks angrily over to me to fuck my shit
>trips and lands face first into a puddle
>drowns to death
>>
Someone with that much charisma and ruthless will would be terrifying if unleashed on wall street or in politics.

If he kept even a smidgeon of his magical enhancements he could easily go and coup a country.

At least he probably wouldn't try and free my skeleton from its fleshy prison.
>>
>>52852382
Depending on whether or not I can talk him down, we're either going to go work out and teach me how to swords or I'm dead.
>>
>>52852793

>14th level theif casually strolls into a bank and strolls back out with sacksacash without a single person noticing them
>still gets caught because they don't really grasp the idea of security cameras
>uses their phone call to talk to you since you're the only person on this plane they know
>they ask for a ride home
>they conspicuously don't ask you to actually post bail

Would you go?
>>
>>52872401
Why not let them earn a law degree in jail?

Legalized stealing!
>>
>>52872401

What fucking cops managed to get a 14th level character into a jail in the first place?
>>
>>52872627
7 5th level fighters?
>>
>>52868884
>When it opens its mouth
>>
>So, in this reality, you did not get sucked into a fantasy world 5 years ago. Instead, you are currently playing a campaign where I am your character, and our mutual friends are behind my party of weirdos?
That's about the size of it, yeah.
>Well. This is a bit more meta than my situation was already, but i can deal with it. I knew I was lugging this extra planaportation device with me for a reason. The kobolds said it takes about $5 worth of tribute to Tiamat to activate it on this plane; I'll see if it's still the case.
>I'd offer to bring you along, but that would probably get into more plot redundancy, and you know how it goes - one of us might even die. Just...get me to a safe place before you try hopping the planes yourself. Deal?

Then he leaves. Given our next session is tomorrow, does his return to the game world prove that my new planar teleportation device works? If yes, it's time for me to plan a really long trip.
>>
>>52852382

Depends if she still has her magic.
But overall now she can relax: she doesn't have to pretend to have huge magical powers anymore.
>>
File: 1490048685528.jpg (71KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
1490048685528.jpg
71KB, 640x641px
The entire planet gets conquered by a Mesopotamian god-king with an ego that makes Donald Trump look like Mother Theresa.

GG Earth, no really.

http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/section2/tr24202.htm
>>
>>52852382
He kills me for being unable to talk with argentinian accent.
>>
>>52852382
Probably kills me for being a shit and killing most of his family, the love of his life, and alienating him from his only living relative.
>>
She'd probably be happy that she's not in Barovia anymore, but demand an explanation of her backstory. Which means I would need to ask the DM, because I made her an amnesiac with her true origins known only to the DM, because my last character with extensive backstory died within the first in-game hour
Then she would try to use her clerical powers for good and money, and probably wind up being successful and happy away from the Barovian hellhole. She might miss her sister, but so long as she never dies in-campaign the sister should be safe.
Strahd might be pissed and try to take me in her place, but she's also a Vistiani, so I wouldn't be surprised if Strahd decided to let her go.
>>
>>52852382
my last character gave her soul to imprison Tiamat and is currently inside our bard's backpack. So Im gonna be hella nervous holding a crystal with the queen of dragons inside it.
>>
>>52852382
Well this is a problem. He's an evil Transmuter who is bent on experimentation and progress at any and all costs, without regard to trite things like morals. I'm not sure I'd survive.
>>
>>52852382
Last played character is a goliath ranger with a pet velociraptor named Pickles. I offer to cook for him and explain things. He helps me out in the kitchen, marveling at the fridge and electric stove, while Pickles terrorizes my cats. My fiance comes home to see me and a 7 ft tall behemoth in her apron smoking weed out of an ornate pipe drinking all of our liquor. He notices her and gets really awkward and shy suddenly,
while she runs over and snuggles her new raptor freind. He then asks if I want to go whoring, and I politely decline, but I direct him to where he needs to go. I set him up with a job at my restaurant where he will eventually move on to do some teppanyaki style cooking, just with axes instead of knives.
>>
>>52872718

what police force anywhere has 7 level 5s?
>>
>>52852382
>Psychotic level 19 chaotic evil Forest Gnome Illusionist
I'm fucked.
We're all fucked.

Unless of course someone else's character wants to come save the world from a satanic lawn gnome.
This would actually make for a pretty interesting campaign.
>Tabletop gaming players around the world are having their in-game characters come to life like Persona style monsters.
>They must stop several other "players" whose in-game characters are actually powerful villains.
>>
>>52852382
The Pretty Boy wizard will get my life in order GTO style.
>>
>>52878673
So your servant was Gilgamesh.
>>
File: 1489282873500.jpg (330KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1489282873500.jpg
330KB, 800x680px
>>52852382
>Yume Nikki
You know that game, too?

Have you played any other RPGmaker games that you would recommend?
>>
File: 1395179458021.jpg (236KB, 800x745px) Image search: [Google]
1395179458021.jpg
236KB, 800x745px
>>52852382
He and I would probably get along well, him being a suave Spanish cleric knight of travel/trade and me being a pilot/novice mechanic we'd combine forces and work out how to create FTL and multi dimensional travel.

Nigga would make a hell of a wing man too. In both senses. Hope some of his charisma rubs off on his maker.
>>
>>52852382
The last character I played was a Von Carstein from warhammer fantasy. One who had a fetish for attacking people mentally and undead armies.

So likely I'm either dead or worse then dead and the world is pretty screwed.
>>
She'd ask for donations for her shrine, call me "ignorant" if I refuse and ask where the hell is her shrine before she realises the dimensional travel

Then we fuck maybe? pls
>>
>>52882888
One that sees a lot of action on a regular basis.
>>
Since he probably couldn't survive without being involved in, the cause of, or the destruction of massive conspiracies I would introduce him to pol and go live somewhere else.
>>
>>52868727
>>52868884
>>
>>52852382
She probably punches me until I give in and revise her wild magic table.
>>
>>52860282
That made me honestly laugh, so thank you for that. Sounds like fun.
>>
>>52861504
This until he drags me to the woods to force me to be what I want to be; alone and away from mankind. Helf ranger/rouge self insert son of a baronet who is wildly impressed with modernity but wants nothing beyond what can be taken away from it.

Once we get to the woods he teaches me to make booze outta what's there.
>>
>>52852382
>Human Wizard (Now a Lich who maintains his identity through Disguise Self) who started being a wizard in order to get revenge on an asshole dragon who pillaged his village. Never got hit once, but died the one time when he did.

>You are the one who made me?
Yeah
>And you are also the one who sent that damned dragon, the one who slew my family?
...Regretfully, yes
>If you value your life, you'll tell me why you would do such a thing to me.
I needed a reason for you to have a passion for adventure, a burning hatred for those who took from you, and the power to actually do something about it. I made you at a time when my family was taken from me because of the government, and I began to envision a hero who could do something when I couldn't. I am truly sorry for what has happened to you, but if it weren't for that, you wouldn't have experienced any of the wonders you have.
>*Sigh* I suppose I'll forgive you.

>You know how you can make it up to me though?
How?
>I don't know much of this world, so would you mind teaching me?
Yeah, I wouldn't mind.

If I can alter his sheet, and alter him in turn, I'll abuse the fuck out of that. If not, having a max level wizard who can't be hit and will never truly die as a friend certainly has it's benefits.
>>
>>52872401
Just need a minute to clean up the passenger seat of my Prius.

Unless the mad bastard decides to ghost ride the whip at 90mph. Which thanks to his Spiderwalk boots, he absolutely would.
>>
>>52871130
LARP.
>>
>>52882573
Sounds awesome. Do want.
>>
>>52872627

The ones that can take out a tank. American police are very resourceful, practically PCs themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Nelson_(plumber)
>>
File: BisonBackRide.jpg (141KB, 1313x1600px) Image search: [Google]
BisonBackRide.jpg
141KB, 1313x1600px
>>52852382
I'm not really sure how this would go
>>
File: gnome mage.jpg (76KB, 736x588px) Image search: [Google]
gnome mage.jpg
76KB, 736x588px
350 year old High Elf sorcerer resurrected into the body of a gnome.

>you had never played a sorcerer?

Nope.

>And you just thought, 'hey I'm stupid and inexperienced, better do Wild Magic right of the back, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!?!?!'

Yep.

>give me one reason not to Lightning Bolt your ass into oblivion.

Your story will end?

> .......Fuck you.
>>
>>52852382
Well... she's from an ERP. A paladin of a fertility goddess who is of course wearing plate fitted to her very pregnant belly...

She'd probably go smite a planed parenthood or something.
>>
File: 121311413.jpg (50KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
121311413.jpg
50KB, 500x711px
>>52883363
Was this meant to be a reply to >>52868428 ?

If so. Sure. I guess that depends what you're looking for though.

If you want horror check out Ib. All the Yume Nikki fangames are pretty decent too.

If you want existential horror and something that will throw your heart down a flight of stairs check out Off by Mortis Ghost and Lisa.

If you want a game that will make you want to throw yourself off a bridge because it the best thing you'll ever experience and therefore life can only go downhill from that point, check out Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden.
>>
File: gamers-splash.jpg (56KB, 635x232px) Image search: [Google]
gamers-splash.jpg
56KB, 635x232px
>>52852382
The ending of this is pretty accurate
>>
I get the hell away from them because they can summon demons and I can't
>>
>>52884559
nah, I'd probably just be happy I have a drinking buddy now, he'd teach me tinkering and alchemy, I'd teach him shitposting, boozemaking and cooking
>>
File: Madotsuki.png (216KB, 800x705px) Image search: [Google]
Madotsuki.png
216KB, 800x705px
>>52868428
>>52883363
>I suppose it could be worse.
It can always be worse.
>gotta admit I was about to call her Wendy on reflex
>>
>>52862809
Anon is probably bilingual
>>
>>52886235
No, I've seen that footage. The moron beached himself on a crash barrier, so they swarmed the tank, pried the unlocked hatch open, and shot him.
>>
>>52852382
>Any reason you hooked me up with a gnoll?
>>That was the DM...
>Can I punch him please?
>>
File: IMG_0751.jpg (286KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0751.jpg
286KB, 2048x2048px
In tabletop? My wizard who also practices medicine and is a stickler with money. If she didn't not have her magic anymore and no method of returning, I guess she'd probably become a nurse or doctor.

In vidya I last played XCOM 2 so... 6 hyper-military resistance fighters sent 20 years in the past and without ayys so they have a chance at a normal life.
>>
File: 1491240863702.png (1MB, 758x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491240863702.png
1MB, 758x800px
>what do you mean black powder has more uses than blowing buildings up with wagons filled with barrels of it
it would be an educational experience
>>
>>52852382
What if the last character I played/made was a video game?
>Elder Scrolls brand Imperial mage that is insanely powerful, in a never ending state of shitfaced drunk, and routinely preaches his philosophy that life is meaningless so do whatever

He looks around, then rubs his head as he experiences the largest hangover ever. A problem he solves by raiding my cabinet, eating all the alcohol filled chocolates I got as a gift but never actually ate, and washing it all down with an unopened bottle of Jack Daniels. Once properly soused, he will wander into the front yard, greet the gnome in the garden, then fall asleep in the ivy. Never once will he acknowledge me or any of the noise coming out of my mouth that alternate between inquiries to where he came from, threats to call the police, and excessive profanity.
>>
>>52852382
Cue middle-aged bald viking man with all bionic limbs complaining about just about everything, then making technowizardry space guns and shit like that. And trying to drift a Mastodon Assault Transport
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.