[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k 8th Edition Speculation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 50

File: 8thEd.png (444KB, 610x408px) Image search: [Google]
8thEd.png
444KB, 610x408px
So what are some of /tg/'s theories reguarding Warhammer 40k 8th Edition? And what would you like to see?

Rules, Lore, Whatever
>>
>>52835540
I'd like to see greater restrictions on what we can and cannot take, to make balancing easier. Preferably restricting the game to CAD with formations being something you take inside said CAD. So a Riptide wing is 3 Riptides BUT they take up all 3 of your elite slots denying you the ability to take crises, ghostkeel, and stealth suits. Or you could take the Emp's Wrath, but it takes up all 3 heavy support slots so no tanks for you. Or the Emp's Fist, which takes all 3 heavy support slots and an HQ slot. And so on. Also, no squadrons for anything larger than a sentinel.

This is because even if a certain unit is overpowered, limiting the number of them you can take to (in the riptide's case) 3 or (in the Emp's Fist case) 5 minimizes the cheese available. I'd also force all armies to require 3 troops choices instead of 2 with a maximum of 7 troops, and put all air and anti-air units into a new catagory called "Air Support" with 3 slots. This would allow players to take things like Hydras without feeling like they're wasting slots when fighting non-air armies. Like squadrons on land, the air squadrons are limited to one per slot with special exceptions for tiny guys like deathkopters.

I'd also like GW to NOT get rid of veterans with shotguns, because I just finished painting some and I would hate to lose my newfound WYSIWYG status.
>>
File: deebly goncerned.png (102KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
deebly goncerned.png
102KB, 600x500px
>>52835540
I am concerned, to say the least.
>>
>>52835540
Does GW put out new models with each new edition? I'm considering getting into 40K; haven't bought any sets since 2001 when I picked up some Tyranids out of interest. I like the look of Imperial Guard, but should I expect them to get a whole new set of models with the release of 8th edition?
>>
File: basecoat n shit.jpg (73KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
basecoat n shit.jpg
73KB, 1032x581px
>>52835540
A nerf for tau so I can play them without feeling like a huge asshat.

The excuse "I liked them back in 4th" does not fly well somedays, despite my major lack of riptides/ghostkeels.
>>
>>52836098
No they don't. The models in the starter set will likely be new, and there will probably be a few refreshes here and there, but the vast majority will remain. There are still 2nd edition models out there that haven't been replaced.
>>
>>52835540
>Imperium and Chaos get new toys
>Eldar are fractured and Ynnari get additional faction unique units
>Nid Codex IS NOT written by Cruddance and Nids become an even bigger threat
>Orkz take a level in badass and get new stuff (GIVE ME TUSKA DAEMONKILLA RULES AND MODEL)
>Necrons are waking up more intensively (also Tranzyn meets Guilliman and the latter is not pleased) + Pariahs return as a faster and more agile alternative to Lychguard
>Tau get a nerf (Riptides are relegated to LoW and you cannot stack Marker Lights above three marks)
>Hoping for Kroot to shine
>Creed is listed as M.I.A. and Cadians are now arming themselves to avenge Cadia (Lukas Bastonne becomes the new Creed and doesn't suffer the Peter Principle)
>Fulgrim makes an entrance
>Cypher doesn't stop to finally achieve his destiny
>The setting becomes Nobledark because for once there is a glimmer of hope
>>
>>52836105
What do you want them to Nerf? I just started playing a few weeks back(I play Farsight Enclaves lists) and I also feel a bit bad playing them even though I picked em for the fluff.
>>
repostan from other thread, discuss:

I like the concept of megaFactions, but I think the Xenos Faction is shoddily handled. Instead I think it should be one Eldar faction, one "Destruction" Faction led by Orks (that should be expanded upon a LOT more, Orks are probably my favorite "Badguys" race and super iconic for the universe). The third faction imho should be a fluff development. Necrons want to start retaking the Galaxy, but notice they can't build pylons anymore because to empower them you needs souls (tough luck) so they ally with the Tau in a mutually beneficial junior-senior partner relationship because Tau Prime got raided by Demons and they're fucking sick of this Chaos Bullshit. So now Tau become some sort of client race of the Necrons who are at their foremost assaults to put up Tech to mess with the Warp. Fourth Alliance should be Nids, Genestealers with expanded Cultists list to include infected Tau and Zoats.

I think Megafactions in the AoS style are no bad idea because
a) it makes ally rules a lot simpler
b) it's thematically somewhat appropriate and makes it easier to give "race" specific special rules to factions, which is definitely a development that has been happening
c) having a seperate codex for every marine chapter is dumb and megafactions would be one step closer to folding them all back together.
d) Imperial, Eldar and Chaos all use the same stuff respectively anyway. not need to over-complicate things by splitting it into armies.
>>
>>52836343
The riptides and optimised stealth cadre, or rather how cheap they are and how many you can take. All it takes is one asshat to take 3+ riptides and then all tau players are painted as douchedicks.
>>
>>52836343
Literally, anything that makes taking auxiliaries viable.
>>
What I like to see is that you can use AOS orruks and grots for W40k as feral greenskinz.
>>
>>52836554
This too, I miss my wee kroot buds.
>>
Literally anything would be a positive change from 7th.
>>
>>52835540
I would like to see assaulting out of any transport and over all less crazy movement. Moving 30-60 inches is ridiculous.

I'm mostly hoping for assault to be better, and I'm hoping for my Guard blobs to still be useful. I'd be upset if a Priest or Commissar didn't help like it does in 7th.
>>
I would like to see Ironstriders not be sold for 60$ a fucking model
>>
>>52836747
I'd like Guard go back to ~28 - 30 USD for a box of 20 infantry, but sadly that'll never happen.
>>
>>52836490
>M-muh black and white
>>
>>52836521
>it's douchey to take options in your codex that are designed for you to take
>>
>>52836845
>Its fair to shoot at rear armor regardless of position
>>
>>52835540
>Removing codex
>"Its not being dumbed down we are making it easier for new players," Sooooooo dumbed down?
>free rules meaning short rules online

Honestly its not looking good, with the trashing of codexes, so unless they have a bunch of rules for each flavor of an army, everyone is going to loose their uniqueness

My preditctions are every space marine chapter is going to end up playing the exact same, minus having 1 or 2 unique units that give it flavor, IE DW RW, or Wolf guard ect ect, but other wise its all going to be played the same.
Truth be told im concerned, the only hope i have is that 40k is GWs bread and butter, meaning if they fuck this up so bad that it digs massively into their sales, they are going to have no choice but to unfuck it. GW needs to learn how to actually make rules and new editions, which means fixing whats broken not doing a rewrite each time.
>>
>>52836986
>>
>>52837039
>GW is shit canning dozons for books for reasons
>They are being super ambiguous with what they are doing
>They are going the same route as AoS
Not saying the sky is falling, but the sky is getting a bit darker.
>>
File: 1488661438899.jpg (68KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1488661438899.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
>>52836490
post yfw 40kids like AoS now
>>
>>52836986
>every space marine chapter will play the same

Oh no. Oh man. How will we ever live?
>>
>>52837170
AoS is shit. Doesn't mean it's 100% shit and some parts can't be salvaged.
>>
What the fuck did the faq mean by "the New Games Workshop", I've been out of the loop for a good few years
>>
File: IMG_2115.jpg (398KB, 1600x815px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2115.jpg
398KB, 1600x815px
Can't complain so far.

Shit, if they keep stuff the same except slightly change AP, and balance out assault v shooting, then it's only codex balance we need.

>inb4 it's the exact same except AoS leadership system
>>
>>52837384
They have less of a stick up their asses and have fun with the hobby now. For example one of their ads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o1r9uUDmoM
>>
Honestly the game is way too fucking complicated and I hope they change it so that it's the very least similar to AOS and hopefully even easier to play.
>>
>>52837430
I agree it to complicated, but i wish GW would have just say, alright 5th is back with better tank rules.
>>
>>52835540

This is my list for everything that I hope makes it to the rule book

>less reliance on dice

like seriously its 2017 why the fuck are we still using dice when we should have a warhammer App to do it all for us on our iPhones

>simpler play

shouldn't have to do so much math, even to build an army, they need to make the game easier like AOS

>GET RID OF INCHES

holy fuck change the god damn measurement system to CM you fucks

what are you guys excited for?
>>
>>52837496
You sound like a real fuckboi
>>
>>52837496
That sounds pretty acoustic my mexican friend
>>
>>52837557
How obvious does bait need to be for you?
>>
>>52836986
>>free rules meaning short rules online
40k rules can be condensed into like 2 A4 pages already. Just because the rulebook is a 400 page incoherent monster doesn't mean the rules are that complex
>>
>>52835540
Well I've always been against "advancing the setting", and there was certainly no reason too considering there's ten thousand years and "more than a million worlds", and an unaccountable number of beings that could be used for stories.

However, authors have largely chosen in the last decade to retread characters and stories already done, leading, at best, to no suspense, and at worst, idiotic retcons. So in light of how authors have decided to the setting, maybe advancing the setting isn't so bad comparatively, since it'll actually force them to come up with new stuff, and the outcomes for established characters aren't a given.
>>
Mortarion is obviously the next new Primarch model, with the new Death Guard coming out and the glimmer of a sycthe that could indicate him (also gives a traitor, loyal, traitor, loyal pattern).

After that I think it will be the Lion, the only other known Primarch really so Gully will wake him up to lead the armies since he is the master tactician and will lead to some shit with Cypher.

After that its anyones guess but I think Fulgrim.
>>
>>52838399
>Implying Lion el Gay won't run to Eye as soon as he wakeys wakeys
>>
>>52835540

My prediction is that this is what Fantasy experienced, they want rid of all the grognards and want to change the image of the game.

This will understandably attract a lot of shit on here. Welcome to new Games Workshop I suppose.
>>
>>52838399
Imo order of primarch returns are as follows

Mortarian
Lion
Fulgrim
Russ
Angron
Dorn(?) or Vulkan(?)

But i garuntee its going to be Fulgrim and Angron before any other demon primarch, that way they cover the 4 chaos god primarchs, Tzeench, Slaanesh, Nurgal, and Khorne
>>
Any rumours about Tau?
>>
>>52839045
They are still trying to be significant.
>>
>>52838696
>they want rid of all the grognards
What would the purpose of that be though? I mean if you think about it.
1) Grognards, save for the poorfags that you find in every hobby, tend to be repeat customers, and alienating repeat customers is never a good business plan.
2)Why would you alienate repeat customers in a world where they have an international soapbox on the internet? Nerds don't just leave things they no longer they like, they tend to denounce them for a long while after. Alienating customers in a nerdy intentionally is essentially the same as intentionally courting free bad publicity.
3)Even if you wanted to do it to change the image of unwashed neckbeards, and somehow turned every single 40k player into a clean shaven businessman, most of them are still going to be sharing an LGS with MT:G and Warmahorde players.
>>
>>52836820
Those were the days. I miss them dearly.
>>
>>52839045
According to the GS finale, Warpstorms are ravaging the borders of the Tau Empire. The Tau responded by sending aggressive expansion fleets into Imperial space in order to secure their borders.

So new Tau content might be a thing in the future.

>>52839130
GW got rid of the toxic scum in the fantasy fandom with AoS. Despite all the efforts of /WHFB/fags, AoS is doing fine.

Remember all the rants on youtube and forums when AoS became a thing? Remember when somebody burned his own army? That amounted to nothing. Grognards have no power and they are not a fanbase that GW should focus on. They are toxic.
>>
>>52839130

They want rid of them because GW feels they put people off, they won't be sharing a LGS because all GW cares about is their own stores and they want them out, they don't buy enough, they don't buy on impulse, they complain at every new release.

GW wants to broaden the appeal and the customer base, they're going after the normies' money. Unfortunately, what we say on the internet doesn't really matter. It had no effect on AoS despite it being panned in its first year.

They're sweeping house, whether they can get enough new customers to replace those leaving will be the success barometer.
>>
>>52839227

To be fair it did hamstring it a lot in the first year, hence the GHB and all that damage control.

I mean look at the new 40K FAQ, they pretty much flat out say 'it won't be like AoS'.
>>
File: AoS sales.png (339KB, 542x754px) Image search: [Google]
AoS sales.png
339KB, 542x754px
>>52839267
>They're sweeping house, whether they can get enough new customers to replace those leaving will be the success barometer.

If that's the case...GW already won.
>>
Will we ever know what happened to that planet where Orks and Tyranids are fighting an eternal war?

I can't remember the name.
>>
>>52839309
The Orks were losing until Ghaz arrived to break the siege. Tyranids responded by sending 2 tendrils at the planet.

Go read about it in the Ghaz supp.
>>
>>52837384
Kirby was ousted as CEO a couple years ago.
>>
>>52839296

> Faeit 212

Thanks, I need a good laugh.

This can't be right purely on the maths, GW's sales have continued to fall every year, so for this to be right 40K would have had to have dropped of a cliff edge.
>>
>All current codexes getting squatted

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE THIS CHANCE TO KILL FORMATIONS.
>>
>>52839341

I highly doubt it, they're in AoS.
>>
>>52839341
You'll have to pay for them like AoS.
>>
>>52839360
FUCK
>>
>>52839386

They can work anon if they game is built from the ground up with them.

They were shit in 7th because they were blatant pay to win and always beneficial to the default 1 HQ and 2 Troops.

The rules are probably going to be the only thing salvageable from this edition.
>>
>>52839296

Funny, Hastings who's the premier rumour monger said it sold about the same as Fantasy did when 8th edition hit.
>>
File: ripperfuck.png (89KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
ripperfuck.png
89KB, 576x432px
>>52835540
Working nids.
I want working, goddamn, tyranids.
With real genestealers, real Lictors, and useful melee units. All that jazz.
And I want it RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>52839296
>Still posting the "b-but it sold less than paint" meme

It's been two years since that shit was debunked. Fuck off already.
>>
>>52839661
Not disagreeing with you, but it did sell like shit.
>>
>>52839499
>>52839661
GW's annual report says it sold better than WHFB for serveral years. Don't lie, anons.
>>
>>52839657
I'm gonna fuck that ripper. I'm gonna drown him in my semen to the point where he will deliver enough biomass to make an entire new hive fleet.
>>
>>52835540

>Close to 100 votes on the Hype scale

http://www.strawpoll.me/12801571/r
>>
>>52839738
Reread it; it said it sold more frequently

while having more frequent releases
>>
>>52839738

Yes, 8th edition came out in 2010. That was several years ago.
>>
File: 1366516563592.png (139KB, 649x599px) Image search: [Google]
1366516563592.png
139KB, 649x599px
>>52839741
>ovipositor throbbing intensifies
>>
File: images (5).jpg (28KB, 458x321px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
28KB, 458x321px
OH SHIIIIIT ITS FUCKING HAPPENING

ALL YOUR FAVOURITE UNITS WILL GET FUCKED
YOUR ARMY WILL BECOME BOTTOM TIER
YOUR SPECIAL AND HEAVY WEAPONS WILL SUCK AND NEED TO BE SWAPPED

HAHA TIME TO FEARMONGER.
>>
>>52839839
Not everyone's army can be bottom tier anon
Especially seeing as GW want everyone to play ultrasmurfs!
>>
File: 1410539201892.jpg (60KB, 377x507px) Image search: [Google]
1410539201892.jpg
60KB, 377x507px
>>52839839
My nids are already bottom tier.
We can only go up from here.
>>
>>52839698

It made a profit, it just didn't make as much as 40K did and the board of GW would happily clean out all the grognards and trash the lore for a 0.01% increase in profit.
>>
File: 1489243616693.gif (80KB, 480x339px) Image search: [Google]
1489243616693.gif
80KB, 480x339px
>>52839741
nids are not for lewd
nids are cute, CUTE!!
>>
File: 300px-Unyuufex2.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Unyuufex2.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>52839926
'nuf said !
>>
>>52839953
Cuddlefexes and hug tyrants.
>>
File: my face, my soul.png (3MB, 1507x1334px) Image search: [Google]
my face, my soul.png
3MB, 1507x1334px
>>52839899
This

>tfw carnifices work
>>
>>52835540
Kek, 10$ says it's getting Age of the Emperor'd.

Already sold my army, just in case.
>>
File: happiness.jpg (50KB, 625x347px) Image search: [Google]
happiness.jpg
50KB, 625x347px
>>52839995
Holy shit, >>52839267 is right : it's already working !
>>
>>52835540
The FAQ: https://warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>Wait, did you guys blow up the universe?
>Nope. This is very much still the Warhammer 40,000 setting you know and love. Now, that’s not to say we won’t see the story advance - there’s some pretty epic stuff ahead! You can certainly expect to see the story arcs that began in the recent Gathering Storm campaign books continue to unfold with plenty of exciting developments to look forward to...

>>52836105
This. I love Tau, but I haven't played them regularly for like two years because of this.

>>52837648
Especially if they switch over to more efficient unit sheets, like Warscrolls.
>>
>>52839995

What a pleb, you know there will be other games like the 9th age that pick up the pieces?
>>
Sounds like a good time to buy discounted 40k shit from grognards selling off their armies.
>>
>>52840138
Thanks, but I'd rather just go and play a different, better game.
>>
>>52839995
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

See >>52840137
>>
>>52840160

It will be a different and better game though?

All you'll be doing is using the models you already have.
>>
Special characters for Tyranids.

Could fluff them as "experimental lifeforms" or something.
>>
>>52840146
I'm so ready for discounted shit, especially since grognards won't have painted half of it.
>>
File: Laughing_Data.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_Data.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>52840137
>Why should I trust you?
>Come on! This is New Games Workshopâ„¢
mfw

I love NuGW
>>
>>52840204
Could just fluff them as one-off organisms that evolved specifically to fight a certain threat/enemy etc
>>
>>52840204
Fuck off. Tyranids have had far too much characterisation as it is. Their lore needs to be rolled back to 4e.
>>
>>52835540
I'd like to see a vast simplification of the rules, to the point that general rules can be contained on 2-4 pages of material, and special rules can all be completely contained on an index card associated with whatever model.

One of the worst parts about this hobby is having to flip through 9 different locations in 3 different unindexed pdfs or epubs to figure out how one model works.
>>
>>52836142
Yes they do idiot. Not for every army, but depending on the posterboys of said edition, they will probably get new models. See: Dark Angels with 7th
>>
So they are squatting all 7e codexes and providing free rules for 8th. Does that mean each army will receive an updated codex for 8th?
>>
File: moloch hormagaunts.jpg (62KB, 650x241px) Image search: [Google]
moloch hormagaunts.jpg
62KB, 650x241px
>>52840204
I'd rather have ultra-customizable units like back in 3rd edition, instead. Something to show how Tyranids are adapting to their foes.
Nid special characters where a mistake.
>>
File: 1399914114550.jpg (45KB, 450x495px) Image search: [Google]
1399914114550.jpg
45KB, 450x495px
Mfw all of the new death guard models are just monopose snap-fits from the new starter.
>>
>>52840304
fuck off, the plastic DG and the new plastic Calgar look fucking awesome
>>
>>52840267
No

They are going to receive a compendium of the models' rules; the updated codices with the powerful additional rules are going to be released one at a time, with an irregular power creep and an even greater bias towards what armies deserve an update more.
>>
File: cunt rage.jpg (138KB, 433x643px) Image search: [Google]
cunt rage.jpg
138KB, 433x643px
>>52840302
>ultra-customizable units
This

So much this
>>
>>52840304
Note that it was the same for Genestealer cults. Now look at everything they got.
>>
New Imperial Guard models please, I know GW have wanted to shit-can the bulky Cadian fuckers for a while now.
With Cadia gone I see no reason for a new IG world to be the focus (who just so happen to have proper proportions and are as detailed as the Mechanicus and Skitarii stuff).
>>
>>52840304
What's wrong with snap fit? The new chaos looks great, and the utras aren't half bad either. I dig the new centurions.
>>
>>52840304
>>52840360
Yeah man and now your genestealers can drive around in a big fucking Tonka truck!
>>
>>52840267
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>52840267
Unit profiles will be updated for free which might leave the formations/detachments usable with tne new profiles until they are replaced with a new codex. Same model as AoS.
>>
File: sweating.gif (2MB, 400x379px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.gif
2MB, 400x379px
>>52840328
>plastic Calgar

Pics plz
>>
>>52840349
>>52840302
>New player at my club starts collecting nids
>Hey Anon, what are all these bits on the sprues here for, do I need to put them on?
>Oh, those are biomorphs
>What are biomorphs?

Can believe they got rid of those man, what the fuck. Genestealers with flesh hooks, adrenal glands and scything talons were scary as fuuuuck.
>>
>>52840302
>THIS IS MY FAPPING ARM!
>>
>>52840366
You're stuck with Cadians forever, you might get some new ones but they will be Cadians nonetheless, using the same lasguns with the same flak armors.
>>
>>52840411
Aww man I miss shit like FapTau
>>
>>52840412
>>52840366
I love the models we currently have so I'm okay with whatever. I'm a little worried the new ones will be shit.
>>
>>52840366
As a guard player I also want this to happen. I'm way too heavily invested to rebuy my whole army but I couldn't say no to the sweet, sweet eBay deals when old Cadian value drops like a rock.
>>
>>52839839
I play Orks.

The only direction I can go is up.
>>
>>52839839
I play chaos. I cant go any lower.
>>
File: It is I cato sicarius.jpg (84KB, 562x562px) Image search: [Google]
It is I cato sicarius.jpg
84KB, 562x562px
>>52840328
>special character in a starter box
that would be a firs...
>>
>>52840410
>what are biomorphs
We are really living in a sad era.
>>
>>52840366
GW has already hinted at armageddon's steel legion models on facebook

while armageddon itself has been decleared by the administorum "best place to die on" after cadia blew up
>>
>>52840494
>Plastic Steel Legion
muh dick
>>
>>52836521

Fun story, I played a kid last sunday at my local club. He brought the optimized cheese cadre + a cad for support.

I brought my paetorian guard (counts as Dkok).

I killed the Ghostkeel with LASGUNS, BAYONET CHARGED THE BASTARD STEALTH SUITS, NUKED HIS CAD WITH BATTLE CANNONS AND PLANTED MY UNION JACK SO FAR UP THAT LITTLE BLUE SHITS ARSEHOLE THAT HE WAS TASTING WOOD,

(for context, this little shit openly tells people he picked tau because they were the best army and the most powerful. No sympathy, he deserved to get crushed.)
>>
>>52840494
I somehow have completely forgotten about the Armageddon gits.
>>
>>52836916
>>52836845

>and ignores cover, and get free +1BS without marker lights

Seriously, its not so much that the formation is broken, its more that it gives SO MANY benefits, 1 of those sure, 2 maybe but 3 is just broken.
>>
>>52840462
Chaos is hardly on the same tier as nids or orks. In fact Chaos has one of the most cheese build in the whole game.
>>
I think they're merging the AdMech armies into one army, thank god.
>>
>>52840572
The issue is with not completely cheesy Chaos.
>>
File: Comfy Necron.jpg (421KB, 1024x1803px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Necron.jpg
421KB, 1024x1803px
>>52839839
Playing Necrons and Space Marines. One army will be forever ignored and probably stay at their comfy high-tier-but-not-broken-as-fuck place, while the other will never ever be dropped by GW.
>>
>>52840597
Please, Chaos is just fine where it is, except tsons. Fucking Chaos fanboys are constantly butthurt they aren't the number one strongest army.
>>
7th edition functions exactly like the Imperium right now: a clusterfuck of patches for rules that no longer exist facilitating units that are no longer sold, the foundation of which can no longer be seen after 19 years of furious kludging. I am pretty sure that it has been at least a decade since anyone at GW has actually sat down to tease apart the 40k system to see how it ticks. At this point the only options are to
>dig into your handy 3rd edition rulebook and build off that, pretty much ignoring the intervening years to fashion a new car around that engine
>work from scratch
I'm fine with either at this point, and the fact that codexes are invalid are a good thing. It means the severity of the problem is understood at GW.
>>
File: you made little tim cry.jpg (273KB, 620x433px) Image search: [Google]
you made little tim cry.jpg
273KB, 620x433px
>>52840531
>little tim gets into GW
>gets introduced into his first wargame
>discovers these guys are the "best evar"
>gets outcheesed by a triggered neckbeard

>having never been taught how to enjoy a wargame, little tim mistreats himself, the ones around him and his own expensive toys until he returns playing FPS on his playstation

You're not GW target customer coming this edition
leave
>>
>>52835540
Anyone have the full pic?
>>
>>52840697
I'm not GW target audience since the moment they axed Specialist Games.
>>
I would like them to swap from the "lol buy our big shit nerds" to having nice functional game rules.

Since fucking 5e or 6e when I quit I couldn't stand how imperial guardsmen could RNG dice my Deathwing at a random game. I couldn't take those rules anymore and had no desire to play the "game o' transports" powergame as well.

I would like a system that has units actually being as least as semi-powerful as they are canonically, but I really don't know how things have panned out recently with 40k so maybe my wish did come true.
>>
I just want plastic berzerkers, Angron's daemon form and for KDK to still be an army choice with a couple more named characters like Kharn and Skarbrand.
>>
>>52840214
I read that and had to restrain myself from spitting.
>>
File: Mighty Daemons of old.jpg (123KB, 1063x1588px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty Daemons of old.jpg
123KB, 1063x1588px
>>52840784
But anon, Angron already has a model :^)
>>
>>52838399

If loyalists are to have another primarch it'll probably be Corax since he's confirmed not dead and the art looks very much like a Raven Guard marine.
>>
>>52840697

Gladly anon.

What you neglected to say was that Timmy is the next generation of WAAC faggots with ADHD who need immediate gratification, like winning every game of toy soldiers they play.

I hope you enjoy a game where everyone is Timmy.

When are people going to realise that the grognards are the ones who are alight. Anyone who cares enough about the game to go back and play an older edition with a gentlemen's agreement is probably not a WAAC cunt who takes 3 riptides. Maybe that's why GW wants rid of them.
>>
All I want is some new inquisitor models, especially with them in SW:A now
>>
>>52841192
Multi part plastic Inquisitor kit when?
>>
As long as those hype new Death Guard models are good, I'll be happy.
>>
>>52837962

>Well I've always been against "advancing the setting", and there was certainly no reason too considering there's ten thousand years and "more than a million worlds", and an unaccountable number of beings that could be used for stories.

This is horrible for introducing new models since you end up with them either always existing or they were just magically found again. At least now they can possibly say that new shit is actually being made by someone other than the Tau.

>>52839130

A lot of grognards do nothing but complain and don't want anything to change, except they also do, and if either happens they'll still complain. Some grognards become miserly and decide they're going to show GW by only buying from third parties who do a knock off of the 40k aesthetic or literal counterfeiters.

They have generally stopped feeling any fun or enjoyment and instead of doing the logical thing and engaging in something they find fun they insist on sticking around and making sure everyone knows their latest opinion on why the current thing happening is bad.
>>
>>52836105
Don't worry, you look like a huge asshat for having unpainted models anyway.
>>
File: 1490036034513.gif (318KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490036034513.gif
318KB, 500x640px
>>52838399
But Lion would make three traitor Primarchs in a row.
>>
>>52835540

I have a feeling that shadow War Armageddon rules are kind of like a beta prototype 8th edition
>>
>>52841363
>This is horrible for introducing new models since you end up with them either always existing or they were just magically found again.
What, you mean that you don't believe that these bad boys have always been ancient relics in every chapter's armory?
>>
>>52841495
Shadow war armageddon rules are just necromunda rules with different weapons/units
>>
>172 Votes and slowly increasing.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12801571/

Business needs to generate new customers as part of being compony that has external investors this is a necessity, increase their stock prices and create a return to investors.
>>
File: cjnkegkiapjcdnmf.jpg (128KB, 370x359px) Image search: [Google]
cjnkegkiapjcdnmf.jpg
128KB, 370x359px
Looks like templates may be a thing of the past, this is a list of things that are obsolete and which stores can get their money back for.
>>
>>52841521
Those things make my fucking eyes bleed.
>>
>>52840531

>for context, this little shit openly tells people he picked tau because they were the best army and the most powerful.

Literally nothing wrong with this. Get fucked nerd
>>
>>52841579
Or they're just repackaging them, which they've done every edition for a while now?
>>
Finally.

The absolute madmen did it. They're going to AoS'ify 40k and unlike with AoS I'll be there to see the rage take over.

They saw all the good, the bad and the ugly from the way they released AoS and now they're going to do the same thing, except with the learnt lessons integrated, i.e. points included from the start.
But that won't be enough. The fucking idiots who for some reason liked games taking an hour before the first movement phase started will rage and fume and shit themselves, burning their 2000$ Eldar armies out of pure disgust and only the people who actually cared about the models and the lore will stay and the 40k community will finally be bearable again.

And to make it even better, atop the corpse of the old, bloated 40k they'll release gorgeous new Death Guard models.

I am finally happy about something happening with 40k. Bring it on.

inb4 hurr hes a shill
>>
>>52841619

Kek, I agree. I have been collecting since 3rd. This crying is nothing but amusing to me.
>>
>>52841602
You do realize AoS got rid of templates, scatter dice and artillery dice too, right?
>>
>>52841649
I'll miss the flamer template, it's my favorite thing.
>>
>>52835540
I'd like to see Forgeworld balanced enough for me not to feel like that guy using them.
>>
>Still can't get into 40k because there's no new scout models

I'VE BEEN WAITING LIKE EIGHT YEARS JUST MAKE NEW SCOUTS
>>
>>52841666
I actually agree with you. I've been an ardent AoS-player for well over a year now, but I do admit I feel nostalgic looking at flamer templates. The blasts and the bullshit dice can stay gone, though.
>>
>>52841649
Yep. Show me where they announced this was going to be AoS in space.
>>
so...as a Krieg player, how badly am i going to get screwed over in 8th?
>>
>>52841619
As some one who quot in 5th edition, 40k has become nothing but a disgusting pile of rules bloat and overcomplicated rules stacking that has little to do with actual tactics.

90% of 40k is played in the army builder, I want more on table interaction.
>>
Fuck me I'll gladly trade templates for less book keeping and rule bloat.

The Grognards burning their models and jumping games is just a bonus.
>>
>>52841757
Literally read the FAQ. Three ways to play, called precisely the same and described precisely the same as the ones in AoS, free rules online, all codizes invalid because incompatible with the new system, simplified for ease of entry "but not dumbed down" with lots of extra rules if you want to add special stuff, etc. etc.

>>52841762
"All Forgeworld models will be supported"
>>
>>52841848
So you can't actually show me, just make a lot of assumptions. Got it.
>>
File: This is new games workshop tm.jpg (351KB, 768x973px) Image search: [Google]
This is new games workshop tm.jpg
351KB, 768x973px
>Wait, did you guys blow up the universe?
>Nope. This is very much still the Warhammer 40,000 setting you know and love. Now, that’s not to say we won’t see the story advance -
there’s some pretty epic stuff ahead! You can certainly expect to see the story arcs that began in the recent Gathering Storm campaign books continue to unfold with plenty of exciting developments to look forward to…
>>
>>52841797
Exactly. With all the tables you need to roll on and objective bullshit and whatever, the games take forever until the point where you move the first models.

Including Fliers and Lord of War bullshit was a mistake, as was blatantly overpowering Eldar and lots of other dumb stuff as well.
Literally the only good things that came since 5th edition were Thousand Sons and Skitarii models.
>>
>>52841582
I honestly like the devastator centurions. It's the assault Centurion that make me wonder what GW was thinking. Stationary firebase is one thing, but how the fuck is Centurion armor supposed to move fast enough to hit anything in a melee?

I have difficulty imagining the centurion hitting anything in melee, even guardsmen run circles around it.
>>
>>52841877
Yeah, mate, you just stay deep in denial.
It's also best you don't read the official FAQ here:

https://warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Because otherwise you might start getting worried about how in the very near future, your Wraithknights and Scatterbikes won't be OP anymore.
>>
>>52841797
You sir are 100% right. 2 things got me out of 40K (my first set was 2 edition one with marines and orcs) HUGE ASS MODELS (Imperial knights and so on) and RULES BLOAT - I mean ffs how many stacking rules can you make ? Rather then play I got to read guys whole army in order to get idea of how his stuff works - this is bullshit - IF 40K gets sigmared I'm all in - do it gw pull the trigger and suicide all those fucking grognards
>>
>>52841974
>Because otherwise you might start getting worried about how in the very near future, your Wraithknights and Scatterbikes won't be OP anymore.
Yeah I'm really quaking in my boots about the game getting AoSified, when AoS is my favorite GW ruleset.

I'll gladly sacrifice my Eldar and templates if it makes the game stop being such a bloated list building simulator.
>>
>>52841911
This. And it's not even for shot you should be randomizing. Why would your commander have random tactical abilities or random psyker powers? It's fucking dumb.
>>
>>52841965
iirc that's sort of the point. They aren't meant to fight soldiers. They are meant to run up to a humongous fortress wall and smash Land Raider-sized holes into fortress wall.

However, since nobody plays with siege rules, there's no actual reason to use them.
>>
>>52841757
I thought AoS already took place in space...what with their astral lizards or whatnot.
>>
>>52842016
Great, what the fuck are we arguing about, then?

The FAQ sounds VERY much like a carefully worded:
>Look guys, we learned from our AoS fuckups, what with alienating 90% of our playerbase and leaving points out but we also know that a lot of you like AoS and hate the bloat 40k has suffered so yeah we're gonna slim it down but we're gonna keep the same universe and give you points but we'll do everything people liked about AoS

If you don't read that out of the FAQ, then that's okay, but following all the AoS announcements, this sounds incredibly similar to me.
>>
>>52839340
Might want to go look at investor report. You're wrong sonny jim!
>>
>>52842120
That you can jump from "We're changing the rules in a way that's similar to AoS" means necessarily "The rules in 8th will literally be the same as AoS"
>>
File: 1420406070215.jpg (239KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1420406070215.jpg
239KB, 1000x1333px
>>52841965
They look so much more viable as a functional unit if you leave the leg plates off, it becomes less HUEG MAHREEN and more like one of those power lifting suits straight from general electric.
>>
>>52842077
I'm personally still hoping they'll eventually reveal that AoS' mortal realms are just a couple of interconnected backwater galaxies in the 40k universe and then make both games entirely compatible.

Would also be a great way to give 40k Orks some actually fluffy allies in the form of the fantasy Destruction GA.
>>
>>52842120
Its going to be a simpler version of 2nd edition, which might be similar to AoS.
>>
>>52842165
huh, you are right.
>>
>>52842152
I'm sorry if that's what you inferred from my original post. When I said "AoS got rid of scatter dice and templates" all I meant was that, if they slim 40k down, templates are pretty sure to go.
>>
>>52840376
Because monopose is shit

It sucks when your whole army is clones of 6 guys.
>>
>>52841698
>Only person in the world who likes Raven Guard
>Most formations make heavy use of Scouts
>Always telling myself new Scout models are around the corner so just wait to start
>They never are
>>
I would like to see Black Templars have the "abhor the witch" motto patched up a bit. cuz in older editions, they hated all things psyker related. Now they honor them as disciples.
>>
File: such variety.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
such variety.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>52842246
>It sucks when your whole army is clones of 6 guys.
I...
That describes 90% of all 40k armies
>>
>>52842165
Hopefully 8th brings another marine unit that is just a centurion inside of an even bigger exo suit.
>>
Please please please give my Leman Russes the ability to fire everything and move back.
>>
>>52842279
And that picture, right there, is why you'll never catch me playing vanilla marines.
Maybe in Age of the Emperor you can make a functioning army out of 10 Tacs, three Honour Guard and a Libby, then I'd consider it, but that looks so fucking boring.
>See me shuffle my transports around for half the game and pray none of them breaks so I'll never have to put the actual marines on the table
10/10 list would play
>>
>>52842279
Obviously they're going to be similar, it's how dudes wearing the same armor works.

But identical poses is fucking shit.
>>
>>52842165
>GET AWAY FROM HER YOU HERETIC!
>>
>>52836986
I fucking hope 40k stops being "space marines: the game". Holy fuck it's frustrating to see them get a million books while your army languishes
>>
>>52842374
Ah yes the varied poses of
>Aiming bolter
>Holding bolt pistol and chainsword in charging position
>>
>>52842394
Don't hold your breath.

AoS is already "Sigmarines: The Game"
>>
>>52842260
It's because GW has finally realised how retarded it is to hate psykers when they are completely depended upon by the imperium to do anything. You would think a fleet based chapter would understand that the best.
>>
>>52842362
Literally no faction is free of this. Even the more "lively posed" armies like Harlies resolve down to a bunch of guys either holding their weapons out in the same way or aiming a rifle.
>>
>>52842394
Yeah, I mean I know muhreens are the best seller but for fucks sake the other armies don't ask for much, just some balancing and an updated model every now and then.
>>
>>52842426
Are you just pretending to be retarded or can you truly not see how even similar poses are miles better than literally identical ones?
>>
>>52840531
>Kid likes big fucking robots with big fucking guns and acknowledges they are the fucking best for having said traits.
>Fat jingoistic neckbeard who masturbates to the memory of a criminal empire stomps him while eating cheetos and laughing. He will later commission some low quality nazi pony porn with his well earned autism bucks
>>
>>52841584
Literally nothing wrong with kerb-stomping the power-playing little creep either.
>>
>>52842426
Those little changes in posing help, a lot.

Just buy the fucking starter boxes and learn to paint kits if you want to jerk off to monopose.
>>
File: Squat_Trooper_by_NachoMon.jpg (18KB, 250x317px) Image search: [Google]
Squat_Trooper_by_NachoMon.jpg
18KB, 250x317px
>>52835540
I expect these
>>
>>52842482
A unit of ten tac marines is just 10 guys combat squatting and holding rifles in the exact same pose. While they're not "literally" identical, if that nitpick was the autism trigger for you, they're not miles better.

Fun question: can you tell the monopose push fit battle for macragge or dark vengeance tac marines from non-monopose push fit ones?
>>
>>52842165
That looks bloody awesome mate!

>This is why I love the community, so much awesome creativity to see each day.
>>
>>52842152
Nobody said this you literal autist

But you would be delusional to not think 40k will borrow heavily from AoS
>>
>>52842439
Weren't the Tomb Kings & Bretonnia really strong before they were squatted?
>>
>>52842545
Thankfully, I never denied that 8e will draw heavily from AoS
>>
>>52842552
Bretonnia were shit tier before they were squatted.
8th edition was a bad time to be a cavalry army, and your 50-100 blocks of shitcan infantry were worse than most other factions 50-100 blocks of shitcan infantry.
>>
>>52842531
Push fit is equally trash.
>>
>>52842552
In 8th ed they were easily the worst armies in the game, in AoS they still top tournaments.

They are still available to play, it's "only" the model lines that were killed.
>>
>>52842586
I think he means AoS with the strangely good peasant archers.
>>
You guys see the new truer scale marines? GW took them down but I know one of you saved the pics. Plz post
>>
>>52842616
>>52836611
>>
>>52842596
Will they get new models eventually though?
>>
>>52835540
ALL bikes (including jet bikes) should not be able to "jump" floors or land on roofs of buildings WITHOUT a ramp leading to the higher floor
>>
File: lmao k.png (784KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
lmao k.png
784KB, 873x627px
>>52842595
Your reasoning being?
>>
>>52842687

bitch Reaver Jetbikes are literally 1 man open topped aircraft, they dogfight with helions over the spires of commoragh, of course they can do something as trivial as boost up a floor
>>
>>52842463
Yeah, but at least Harlequin transports look sort of dynamic, with dudes hanging off it pointing big guns.
Rhinos are just metal boxes with a shitty storm bolter tacked on.

Also, my favorite 40k factions are Skitarii and Nids, both of which aren't exactly renowned for their transport capabilities.
>>
>>52838399
Aww fuck, 40k is going to turn into the SM snorefest that is 30k.
>>
>>52842764
>bitch Reaver Jetbikes are literally 1 man open topped aircraft, they dogfight with helions over the spires of commoragh, of course they can do something as trivial as boost up a floor

Dark eldar should get a spesial rool allowing ONLY DARK ELDAR
>>
>>52842738

It is infact painfully obvious which of those are push fit and which are not

oh look, monopose man can eat a dick

for more information on why monopose sucks, please look at my pic
>>
>>52842687
Is it really that much of a stretch to assume the wheeled bikers picked them up and carried them up the stairs?
>>
File: (you).jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>52842827

kek
>>
>242 votes and pretty much everyone is hype and 9 people care about 7th ed.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12801571/r
>>
>>52842809
Bullshit it is, first and third dark angel, and 4th ultramarine are literally in the same pose. At normal playing distance they're completely identical.
>>
>>52842586
besides the obvious warmachine vulnerability, I can recall bret cav blocks shredding things with their virtues/banner combos, particularly the one that disrupts rank bonuses
>>
>>52842909
I can recall bret cav blooks failing their random charge distance and getting charged to death by hundo blocks, arriving to the party at half strength because a stone thrower ate half the unit, or charging and failing to break a hundoblock that then attritions the knights to death.
>>
I want Jet bikes for my White Scars, and the Khan to return.
>>
>>52840494
>GW has already hinted at armageddon's steel legion models on facebook
>i have old metal and my dick is still diamonds
>>
>>52842961
Okay, that's fair
>>
File: KriegGren.jpg (171KB, 535x933px) Image search: [Google]
KriegGren.jpg
171KB, 535x933px
>>52840494
>Steel Legion soon
>FW Kriegers already

The future's looking bright and German, friends.
>>
>>52840494
Are you serious?
>>
>>52841797
Jesus so much of this. The hours I've spent on that damn web app...
>>
File: 1305472622072.jpg (47KB, 483x454px) Image search: [Google]
1305472622072.jpg
47KB, 483x454px
I just hope the points aren't like AoS. Where they just tell you "100 points for 10 liberators(spacemarines)" then you just pick whatever upgrades you want for free and then do some long division if you want a different number.

Wtf is wrong with points per model costing and points per upgrade costing?

FUCK
>>
You know AoS has a lot of hype with the fans and I've given into that hype and bought some minis. And I am looking forward to a game with them.

>>52841797
Personally, I have found 40K a nightmare with its rules and how players expect you to remember all the rules flawlessly.

Waiting/ watching you lose half your forces in a couple turns while your guns may as well be water pistols has always been my bugbear.

I always wanted to play combined arms when I started and was always forbidden to do so. 40K is moving in a direction I can only see as 100% positive. Just because the rules will be simpler doesn't mean the strategy is lost if anything it's a reverse!
>>
New models for CSM. I know that CSM in general is getting spoiled with all the new stuff from TS and DG, which is super cool. On the other hand I play Iron Warriors and don't use any of those models. Obliterators are twenty years old, havocs still don't have enough weapons to be run as a squad, and we have a rule for barrage weapons despite there being zero CSM weapons with barrage. If they could bring the whole of CSM up to vanilla in terms of codex and quality of models I'd be happy as a pig in mud.

I think with the new Traitor Legion rules (if they survive) we're on a much better standing rules wise. I'm sure they'll rebalance the codex, so I guess we'll see where that all ends up.
>>
>>52843371
Why couldn't you play combined arms?
>>
>>52840410
I don't want to fight those, but I want my friend to be able to run a fun/good army so I hope they get put back in.
>>
>>52843598

Was 3rd Ed at the time. Let's say I've been patient.
>>
>>52835540
I want Scatbikes gone, plastic Aspect Warriors, and a significant points increase to Wraithknight, Blades, and Guard. Wraithlords are bros, and they're fine the way they are.

Alternatively, I want my Wyches to not be so fucking worthless
>>
>>52835540
>GW Resize Marines
>Rendering my WIP army obsolete midget men

Fuck sake
>>
So, tyranids might finally be viable in 8th ed?

What a time to be alive
>>
>>52843628
Oh, that makes a lot more sense
>>
>>52835821
>complaining about formations

Here's how this goes in my flgs
>hey anon, let's play a casual game Monday
>okay anon, i'm going to try to make a wacky melee list with Ynnari
>holy shit this list is probably tournament worthy, I won't run that in a casual game again
>that's okay, bring it again next time, i'll bring my riptide wing enclaves list
>>
>>52842514
Anon, my heart. Don't mess with me like that.
>>
>>52843661
they were always midget men, you were just blinded by the shitty teddybear proportions of all gw minis
>>
File: trust_me_goy.png (22KB, 877x275px) Image search: [Google]
trust_me_goy.png
22KB, 877x275px
>>52835540
YEESSS gooyimm, trust me, I will never betray you loyal costu... friend!

Believe that we are new, fresh and hip! Oy vey!
>>
>>52835540
Calling it now, nids are going to get another fucking nerf because GW hates them.
>>
>>52843901
Past a certain point, nerfs have diminshing returns, nids are already unplayably bad.
>>
>>52835540

I would love to finally see a picture, just one, of the six Saints of the Adepta Sororitas. it could be them training on San Leor, being conscripted as bodyguards, leading the orders on Crusade, or just meeting with some Custodes prior to the end of Age of Aposty. we're going on 34 years of a existence, thousands upon thousands of official art pieces, and there still isn't a single image of them, and they're supposed to be some of the most revered historical figures after Big E and the Primarchs.

it's not a huge request, but its a doable request.
>>
>>52843897
I won't lie I love them for acknowledging their issues with their core fans.
>>
>>52843348

AoS models do cost so many points per model, the only difference is that instead of buying them separately you pay the points cost for a batch. I guess they potentially did it like this because the minimum unit sizes are tied to what you get in a box so if you buy another box for a bigger unit you have no reason to not use all of it. Maybe at one point they did price it per model and discovered with free gear you end up with points left over that you can't really spend on anything.

I think they may have gotten rid of gear costing points because a lot of AoS units don't have much choice of gear in the first place and in addition or alternatively they wanted to test out people choosing gear based on its merits and not simply because of the cost.
>>
>>52843897
Is this bait? That was obviously a joke.
>>
>>52841084
well said my dude.

>>52840697
actually most common in warmahordes i've found.
every damn person in the store would stomp them with tourney lists for fucking demogames
>>
>>52843897
Just like New Coke!
>>
>>52841619
>But that won't be enough. The fucking idiots who for some reason liked games taking an hour before the first movement phase
what the fuck are you on about.
if it takes an hours either you are being very careful with your deployment or you are bad at setting up.
either way that shit isn't going to change when you switch over.
has there been some massive bullshit bloat where you have to entreat the gods or some shit while i've been away

>only the people who actually cared about the models and the lore will stay
i think you have this arse backwards, people enjoy the models/fluff (why the fuck are you calling it "lore") will like i've done and sequester them away and just stop playing.

What going to happen in the same shit that's been happening for the better part of almost 20 decades.
Armies are going to blurr together within their factions, you're going to loose some of the restrictions and quirks that made some armies interesting or they're going to pull it back accommodate WAACfags.

The rules will end up streamlined.
I'm fine with this, i took a look at 6ed and fucked right off, allies are a mistake, formations were worse, flying is stupid and the psychic phase was much better in WHFB but it isn't going to help the upward trend towards anime in the miniatures, the price, the big unit focus or god forbid balance.

I'm just happy epic is back so i don't have to deal with this shit anymore and i can play my impguard
>>
>>52844479

WAAC?

also, with the sheer amount of novels behind it, its not Fluff anymore, its Lore.
>>
>>52844540

I've always considered 'fluff' a cheap way of saying lore, I mean the fluff in the codexes is genuinely great stuff. It's what has cemented my love for this franchise.
>>
>>52844479
>if it takes an hours either you are being very careful with your deployment or you are bad at setting up.
>he's never played against Tzeentch or deliberate slow player WAACfags
>he doesn't know that over 50% of 1850 point games at tournaments go unfinished due to time running out

Boy I sure wish all the faggots on this board would stop posting from their positions of extreme ignorance and lack of experience.
>>
>>52844021

We can't have that! Then it will be revealed that they were totally hot and people might be tempted to think impure thoughts about them!
>>
>>52844686

what if its in stained glass style? those are ugly as hell.
>>
>>52844729

That might be more acceptable.
>>
>>52844686
>yfw there's bound to be someone who has a fetish for ugly chicks or for chicks with unknown appearances

OH YEAH RUB THOSE BREASTS OF INDETERMINATE SIZE ALL UP ON MY FACE
>>
File: 1462321298065.png (34KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1462321298065.png
34KB, 510x546px
Holy fucking shit, I just can't get over how awesome that trailer was. I want a collective list of all the dialogue because it's rad as fuck hearing how everything seems to finally come full circle all at the same time and we get some shit happening lore wise. FUCK IM HYPE AS GOD DAMN SHIT FOR PLOT PROGRESSION AND THINGS HAVING CONSEQUENCES
>>
aren't Craftworlds, Harlequins, Dark Eldar and Ynnari all eldar? why are they lumped into Xenos and not their own thing?
>>
>>52845082
You know Slaanesh got removed from the pantheon they just featured for 8E right
>>
File: 1342353445475.gif (192KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
1342353445475.gif
192KB, 600x380px
>>
File: 1492871707791.png (1MB, 1461x848px) Image search: [Google]
1492871707791.png
1MB, 1461x848px
>>52845185
No it didn't
>>
>>52845082
I share this feeling. That trailer was awesome.
>>
>>52845199

Is Malal on the left?
>>
>>52845199
>squatting Khorne
>>
>>52845228
Khorne is on both the right and the left, thats how vast his divinity is.
>>
>>52845082
what trailer?
>>
Can we please just make kroot their army again?

Can we please nerf tau in a way that removes/nerfs supporting fire?

Markerlights lower cover save by 1 per markerlight used.

Can we nerf riptides by giving them 1: armor 3+ and 2: ap 3 on the large blast unless it's nova charged, and no invuln unless it's been nova charged or bought. Also, it needs 2 attacks base instead of 3.

Make rail rifles on broadsides 2 shots.

DESU, tau's biggest problem is that they can shoot you thrice in on turn. I'd make the early warning override cost 10 points, and make the range for supporting fire 3 inches.
>>
>>52845276
...the one on youtube?
>>
Why do people think tau are broken? Take away formations and riptides, and they'd be about as good as guard or grey knights.
>>
>>52845315
is there a link...?
>>
>>52845195
Slap a "General" on the front of that and we'll have a pretty sweet opening image for 40kg.
>>
>>52839839
I play Space Marines. Pretty sure I'm safe.
>>
>>52840849

Bringing back Epic as a means of appeasing the Grognards feels like a really smart idea.

Unfortunately, that'll probably confirm that GW has zero interest in doing so.
>>
>>52845334
yes.
on their community website.
>>
>>52845215
Like, the fact that the plot is advancing and it seems everyone who has been preparing to do shit for thousands of years is finally getting ready to do so, like everything is about to collide and things will have actual consequences lore wise.
>>
>>52839333
checked
>>
>>52837496
>we should replace dice with apps
Get. Out.
>>
>>52845365

FW already expressed zero interest.
>>
>>52835540
They better keep the Heretics and Renegade Faction from 7th Edition.
>>
>>52840248

This, gentlemen, is a fine example of how stupid one can sound when he responds to a post without reading past the first 3 words.
>>
>>52845411
There is a heretics and renegade faction?
Do tell
>>
>>52845365
Titanicus is coming out late tthis year or early next year, they've also said that if succesful they might add rules for infantry and tanks.
>>
>>52845297
You are aware that AP is likely being completely replaced by Rending, right?

I agree that Tau need nerfs, but I do think certain things should be maintained. Markerlights are probably the single most interesting part of playing Tau, as far as having to consider their distribution and placement during list-building and deployment. Dedicated ML units like Pathfinders become effective force-multipliers, but also very juicy targets, which allows for counterplay. To maintain this aspect of Tau strategy and to make sure MLs continue to be used, they need to still be combat-viable. Even here in the age of 7e, MLs aren't even in the upper-level of Tau cheese, they're just how their basic forces work.

We know that melee is going to be much more viable in 8th, so I'm sure that's going to impact the valuing of supporting fire. Most of my opponents are very shooty, so supporting fire never even comes up. I only hear about it being problematic with things like a Kroot conga-line. That said, with 8th it may be a much bigger deal and in need of nerfing.

I think everyone agrees that the Riptide needs some nerfs, either by lowering some of its stats, increasing its cost, or both. Naturally the Wing needs some nerfs as well, if it even exists in 8th.

Also, I'd LOVE to see more viable auxiliaries with more options. Kroot are very rarely taken right now, and only as assassins or cheese. I've never seen Vespids fielded at all.
>>
>>52840494
well looks like i'm about to go bankrupt
>>
>>52835540
quick question for someone fairly new to 40k
i want to get a leviathan pattern dreadnought for my carcharodons list, should i wait until after eight editions comes out? can i field it with 40k? is it a good idea?
>>
>>52839839
All my favorite models are already shit and my army build is already bottom tier. You can't ruse me, I have nowhere else to go when I'm at rock bottom already.
>>
>>52839130
GW managers actually get lessons on how to get rid of them.
>>
>>52845427
Just search "40K Renegades and Heretics Codex" you will find plenty of information.
>>
>>52845512
If you like the mini get it, you can currently feild it in 40k and thats not going to change.
Though there may be a delay in it getting 8e rules depending on FW does with its rules.
>>
>>52845610
>Though there may be a delay in it getting 8e rules depending on FW does with its rules
so if i play it with the current rules it has in 8e is that still acceptable?
or will people laugh at me and tell me to take it off the field
>>
>>52845642
8e isn't going to be backwards compatible. Its current rules won't be usable

You could likely get away with proxying it as a venerable dread if you're desperate to use t straight away in 8e. But i doubt it'll be more than a few months delay for fw to get at least an 83e errata document out.
>>
>>52841495
Then you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>52840462
You've got traitor legions, now fuck off.
>>
>>52840494
>>52840366
I'm seconding plastic Steel Legion soon after 8th. I think come 8th, the Gathering Storm will break, and one of the main places will be Armageddon. Ghaz's model is ancient, and Yarrik (#1 IG character now that Creed has vanished) also needs an update. Add to that the new focus on Armageddon with Shadow War and the need/opportunity for a new standard guard template with cadia destroyed, and Armageddon looks very likely. Maybe a Triumverate of Armageddon w/ the prior 2 and Helbrecht? Maybe split into 3 blisters instead of 1 box, but not unlikely I think.
>>
>>52842120
When you try to please everyone you will please no one.
>>
>>52840615
Why are all Necron players such bros?
>>
>>52839839
Jokes on you I play Dark Eldar.
>>
>>52845966
Not all necron players, I know one who's a total asshat.

It's me
>>
>>52835540
FOR THE LOVE OF GORK (AND MORK), GIVE DA BOYZ THE ABILITY TO LOOT PROPPA AGAIN!

I wanna be able to go around a blow up a Tau player's Riptides with a Looted Hammerhead or other Orky goodness!
>>
>>52841227
by the fucking emperor I want an Empire General style kit for inquisitors
>>
>>52839839
>implying my Custodes won't get better

>>52840773
>tfw they're never bringing back Mordheim and noone in my area is interested in the old rules.
>>
File: trade.jpg (38KB, 449x289px) Image search: [Google]
trade.jpg
38KB, 449x289px
>>52845966
>>
>>52835540
I hope the Death Guard are Blight King sized.

HOLY WAR NOW!
>>
>>52846050
>YOU RIGHTEOUSLY PLUNGE YOUR BLADE INTO THE DISGUSTING HALF-BREED'S SKULL, ENDING ITS WORTHLESS EXISTENCE
>No, I said I wanted to sleep with it
>YES, AND I MADE A BETTER MOVE FOR YOU
>>
>>52845924
>Just got into this (mostly for the modeling)
>Decided to go Guard
>Cadians are alright, but others look cooler
>Was just talking about eventual endgoal being spending way too much money on metal figs to make Steel Legion armored division
>People are saying Armageddon might replace Cadia
I don't want to get too excited, but this is best of all possible futures.
>>
>>52845924
>Ghaz and Yarrick get updated models
>Gathering Storm breaks on Armageddon

If that ends up with Abbadon getting castrated by both Yarrick AND Ghazghkull's powerklaws I will be one very, very happy Ork.
>>
>>52845297
Personally, I'd rather they extend the Radius on supporting Fire slightly, but put a limit of 1 or 2 in the number of units that can actually do it for each charge.

Then, rather than blogging everyone up in one gunline, it'll be better to pair off squads and spread them out a bit more
>>
File: Mah Digga.jpg (8KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
Mah Digga.jpg
8KB, 240x180px
>>52840695
>>dig into your handy 3rd edition rulebook and build off that, pretty much ignoring the intervening years to fashion a new car around that engine
>They do the same for codexes
>Ork 3E codex was where the boyz could have the most fun (Remember that "you're save is now 4+" Choppas beakies?!)

I am very much okay with this.
>>
>>52836490
Oddly enough I just played a game where Necrons allied with Tau and there was a lengthy discussion about how the fuck the rulebook allows that when the Necrons and Tau basically have opposite motivations.

Necrons: Want to kill all the living shit. Get off my lawn style.

Tau: Want to preserve life and end the fuckin war.

Apparently they can make allies.
>>
File: Commisar_Ciaphas_Cain.jpg (458KB, 883x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Commisar_Ciaphas_Cain.jpg
458KB, 883x1169px
I expect to see Cain vs Eldar
>>
>>52837496
>use the Warhammer app
How about no. Don't make my tabletop game reliant on electricity and an app that likely will not be usable a year or two if GW ever goes under.

>Simpler play
If simple addition and subtraction is that hard im surprised you were able to make it all the way to the games store, buy, and build models all on your own

>switch from inches to CM
Fights almost break out over how many inches something moved / if the player cheated an extra inch the last thing we need is to switch to a measurement method that is small enough that the oldhammer players probably can't even see without their glasses.
>>
>>52846181
I assume this comes down to 'individual Necron factions sometimes want different things' and/or 'Farseer does what Farseer wants'.
Honestly, I'd happily fluff a Necron/anything force as 'Trazyn is a crazy fucker who has collected an entire army', but this would probably anger some people.
>>
>>52840462
Dude please. Chaos are pretty much top of mid tier now because of traitor legions. I play word bearers and can win comfortably most of the time
>>
I'd like Ad Mech to actually get some decent variety of units for 40k. Even bring some HH shit over. Mechanicus Codex was a goddamned joke. I'm glad it's dead.
>>
>>52846199
Isn't he like really old at this point in the timeline? I'm confused as to how human lifespan works in the 41st millennium, like how much is from Warp travel screwing with things and how much is people really living a long-ass time.
>>
>>52846179
Shit I got started in 3e, I'm okay with it too. 3e was one of the best editions for fluff and rules, imo.

Models though... I found a command squad box from the 3e days, unassembled, and damn the detail on them is so flat.
>>
>>52846240
cult mech and Skitarii will be one list. In the 'factions' section of the new website there is only Adeptus Mechanicus
>>
>>52846250
Feels relevant to mention that Orks have no known lifespan because most either get killed or get blown apart and some painboy rigs up some machine to him so lifespan could be anywhere from 5 minutes or the end of time with how predictable whatever was installed is.
>>
>>52846250
Rejuvenation treatments & warp fuckery. Amberley too is likely older than your grandparents
>>
>>52837496
>holy fuck change the god damn measurement system to CM you fucks
don't like it
CM is fucking trash for that as much as hate how Americans use an agricultural measurement system.
same with wood working shit.
>>
>>52846240
The biggest thing that bugged me was the lack of a CAD to mix and match, so the news of >>52846330 is quite exciting.
>>
File: GW_SiteShots.jpg (730KB, 1916x856px) Image search: [Google]
GW_SiteShots.jpg
730KB, 1916x856px
>>52846050
>>
>>52846050
...How is the Necron eating?
>>
>>52846250
>I'm confused as to how human lifespan works in the 41st millennium
From what I remember from one of the 1e Dark Heresy books (or somewhere), with the aid of extensive augmentation and juvenat treatments, a human can live about 500 years or so, before they become so decrepit that they need to be put in a tank to float for the rest of their existence.

The Mechanicus can stretch things longer for their top Arch-Magos, but even their minds begin to go after a point.

And Space Marines are Space Marines, of course. People have been saying the Blood Angels live longer than regular marines since forever, but there's never been anything to back that up, or the old number of 500 years that people always used to reference along side it. This is further put to lie when we consider that Logan Grimnar is over 800 years old, well over the supposed 500 year limit for regular Marines. Making the supposed longevity of the Blood Angels just a lot of hot air. They simply stay pretty.
>>
>>52846416
I saved that one to use as a WIP general image.
>>
>>52846416
it looks like the marine is staring at the eldar's game.

>>52846437
the same way the flayers do, they open their jaws, mash it and pretend it's going on
>>
>>52846489
The biggest trouble with talking about marine lifespan is simply that they don't die of old age. They only die in battle.
>>
>>52846545
Oh! He's doing it to be social. That's awful nice of him.
>>
>>52846549
Indeed, which always made the point about whether Blood Angels can live longer really dumb to me.

Though maybe it was just because they were the focus of the fan-wank before the Space Wolves.
>>
>>52846549
There are outliers like the Black Rage and Space Yiffs literally turning into wolves.
>>
>>52846695
So, have the Original Four basically passed the fan-wank stick around between them for all of 40k's history, depending on the whims of developers and the fanbase?
>>
>>52846549
reminds me of the speculation that lobsters are immortal but we can never know because they all end up getting killed eventually or grow too big to feed themselves.
>>
>>52841447
Four after fulgrim/angron
>>
>>52846708
Thats not so much ageing as having a predisposition to eventual rampant mutation.
>>
>>52846719
>Original Four
>tfw you're old enough to remember when it was 3
Who's the 4th? Ultramarines or Black Templars? Anyway, the Templars came late in 3e, so they didn't get the same level of attention as the others until later.

But otherwise, yeah the fan-wank generally gets traded among that small group.
>>
>>52843631
Honestly scat bikes might not be as bad with modified armor saves, they just need to have a points appropriate cost, that's the main frustration I have with eldar is their plethora of cheap s6 weapons
>>
I can't wait for all the stupid fucks to piss themselves and sell their armies so I can buy them cheap
>>
>>52846816
My bad; for some reason, I thought Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Ultramarines were all in the original Space Marine supplement.
And I've seen that Dangles, Yiffs, and Smurfs all seem to either provoke a reaction of 'soooo cool!' or 'soooo fucking stupid', with not much middle ground. Them somebody mentioned it used to be that way for Blood Angels as well. I figured this went back to the beginning of the game.
(Forgot all about the Space Vult.)
>>
>>52846830
>inb4 scats are -3 Sv
i mean they could still jink and that would kill me
>>
>>52846866
Nah it's cool. To be honest Ultramarines always had a solid core of fans back then too. They were the 'original chapter', and such.

And yeah Blood Angels used to be that way, and it was honestly as bad as it is with the Space Wolves now, sometimes.

>>52846780
>lobsters could be immortal
As someone who lives in a place known for its lobster fishing, with practically every year seeing the newspaper report someone catch a lobster that's either huge or a strange colour, I'm honestly surprised I hadn't heard of this before.
>>
>>52839839
Sisters. Come at me bro!
>>
>>52846437
Dont ask. Dont tell.

>Captcha "i'm not a robot
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>52839341
>>52839360
>>52839379
>>52839386
>>52839468
I like the idea of formations; Apocalypse had a precursor that actually cost points + the models' costs. The system is salvageable with an overhaul, perhaps tone down the special rules, or keep Core formations as a free upgrade, but Auxiliaries have a points tax attached.
>>
>>52835540
By the looks of it they are going to have ANOTHER Space Marine Chapter. But i'm pretty psyched.
>>
>>52836207
At this point Tuska Daemonkilla would be the size of a primarch because of how fucking long he has been constantly killing demons. If anything he would be a Lord of War.
>>
>>52837496
I swear to D'Emprah if you are not a troll you seriously need to die.
>>
>>52839899
Is this Genestealer Cult propaganda?

Because if so, color me a sympathizer.
>>
>>52839267
Okay, but how in the fuck would they "remove grognard"

Even if they put up a "no beards, no unpleasant BO" sign in every single GW store if not every single FLGS in every country, people would still find other players on facebook, forums, etc. to play with.

I honestly can understand why GW is trying to do so much damage control for their image. GW isn't mentioned in the public sphere a lot, but the last two times were for their use of fur (because PETA has nothing better to do) and because feminists don't know how to enjoy fictional dystopias.

They're not trying to excluse YOU from the hobby, they're trying to include OTHERS in it. If you can't handle new 40Kids coming in, then why in the fuck are you playing with your plastic army men in this social hobby?
>>
>>52847084
>Lobsters could be immortal

It's actually a hugely popular myth. I remember hearing it be disproved though. Don't know how, but I can hazard a few guesses.
>>
>>52848218
Yeah they're not specifically "immortal" but carrying oxygen with white blood cells and having minimal red cells prevents a lot of degenerative ailments that come with old age.

>lobsters were used an example of how Tau could have blue blood and actually demonstrated that creatures that use this vascular system end up with poor eyesight
>>
>>52848218
Yeah, you're right there just long lived when they are taken out of their environment.

There is a jellyfish that is immortal though, it can turn its genes into a that of a teenager of its own species. Also, another species that's of note is bats as they are small mammals but are very long lived with very good immune systems.
>>
>>52848371
Blue blood is copper based
>>
>>52845082
been listening to it on loop desu
>>
>>52846092
whenever I read something said by a space marine all I can imagine, without fail, is the metallic autistic yelling voice from Dawn of War
https://youtu.be/d2WEFlQva30?t=64
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.