[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat me, /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 5cqdkt8j_400x400.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
5cqdkt8j_400x400.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
Stat me, /tg/
>>
What system makes the world and its logic revolve around the PC so much that they become borderline Mary Sues?
>>
>>52832098
To be fair, he's probably a midrange warrior fighting goblins. He got his ass wrecked by an ogre.

I'm asking mainly because the second novel came out and they're about to fight a beholder and I want to know where that might set him.
>>
>>52832136
>He got his ass wrecked by an ogre
Until he pulled THAT out of his ass.
>>
>>52832163
>Being prepared is a bad thing
>High ranked autist who doesn't spend a dime on frivolous things has one good item
>foreshadowed in advance
>asspull
I thought it was fairly reasonable.
>>
>>52832163
How can it be an asspull if it was established since the first chapter that he is the BATMAN of goblin-slaying?
Do you even know what the words you use mean?
>>
>>52832180
It was the equivalent of activating the bloodline technique that has been vaguely hinted at in the same chapter. I know that the sorceress talked about doing him a favor some chapters before that, but there it was so vague that nobody paid attention to it. When you are writing fiction you are always kinda setting everything deliberately up for your hero to win, but in this case it was masked very badly by giving us no information at all. This scroll could have been anything.
>>
File: 1485462649558.png (255KB, 438x277px) Image search: [Google]
1485462649558.png
255KB, 438x277px
>>52832180
Don't you know, anon? Any remotely intelligent character being prepared in any way and having a special weapon/technique for emergency situations is an asspull.
>>
>>52832098
It's actually 5e. Take a look a "adventurer registration sheet".

Also Goblin Slayer has been reveal to not be PC, he is an NPC that is out of both DM and player control. The title "He does not let anyone roll the dice" isn't just for show.

The priestess used to be a PC but the player has to abandon her after she follow Goblin Slayer. That's because the DM like goblins and goblins are totally useless around goblin slayer.
>>
>>52832373
Huh, this is the answer I've been looking for. I've been trying to get into DnD, but little interest in my area and I don't feel like doing it online.

I do love Goblin Slayer though, and am somewhat familiar with what's going on, but this has begotten me. Can you explain the world and Goblin Slayer's doings in summary from the "Gods" or players/DM perspective? If so, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>52832403
Copy pasta time.

> According to /a/ Goblin Slayers setting is literally a tabletop RPG played between the two gods of the setting. Reality is the GM. Fantasy is the player. Her PC is the priestess and other more important people in the setting. Whenever the gods roll they influence the actions of mortals and the events of the world. So, there's still place for free will.

> The plotline of their game is not really concerned with Goblin Slayer and his life. In fact, he's not the main character. He is an NPC.

> An NPC with ridiculously specualized anti goblin stats. This means that Goblins DO NOT GET TO ROLL AGAINST HIM.

> That's where the line "he doesn't let anyone roll the dice" from the first chapter comes from.

> His actions already interfered with the GMs plans once because of this ridiculous property. So he ignores him as much as possible.

> So the story will be about these big world changing events in the background that Goblin Slayer is not involved in because no Goblins and because he's not the MC of the game. Meanwhile, the story instead focuses on Goblin Slayer and his party trying to heal his mental damage.

The current "chosen heroine" is Fantasy's another PC.
>>
>>52832403
Also I'm pretty sure you can find the translation of novel version somewhere.

There is a chapter called intermission that talk about their meta-setting.
>>
>>52832438
I like this a lot.
>>
>>52832438
Thanks!

>>52832448
What do you mean translation of the novel? If you mean the Light Novel, Amazon is selling them and I'm already on the second book. It gives much deeper introspection and small points than the manga, and it's a pretty easy read. They're going pretty cheap right now, so if /tg/ were interested, I might give them a read yourself. I'm enjoying them greatly.
>>
Goblin Slayer just seems to me like a D&D setting that suddenly switched to something like Warhammer Fantasy RPG with no warning.
>>
>>52832215
It could have been anything people in the setting wouldn't usually need a scroll for and wouldn't want used prematurely: most people don't use portals as weapons. A portal to the bottom of the ocean makes sense, since he explains afterward that he intended to use it to drown goblins out of one of their holes like a kid using a hose to drown ants. Not much of an ass pull for him to use that since it's his whole purpose for existing to drown those specific ants their children forever until there are no more of them. Honestly I can't think of anything that would fit the character and the foreshadowing better but if you can, I'd love to hear it.
>>
>>52832651
This doesn't address the point I was trying to make. In a tabletop situation everybody or at least this player and the DM would know that he possesses this scroll and the player would very likely had made this scroll for its intended purpose. In this manga don't know if the LN describes this differently we know nothing about it and it could have been anything. A fireball, a command death, a lightning bolt, whatever. It is presented in a way that makes it evident that this scroll was introduced for the sole purpose of being used in this exact fight. There was no anticipation, no surprise. That GS intended otherwise doesn't matter at the end, because we only know his intent afterwards.

There is a better equivalent, the magic user that just has every spell he needs to solve any problem. Again in a tabletop scenario everybody can have a look at his spell book. Here the author can make shit up on the fly.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.