[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone in John

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 600_458052461.jpeg.png (108KB, 600x234px) Image search: [Google]
600_458052461.jpeg.png
108KB, 600x234px
Rules: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Everyone_Is_John

Alright I am playing on running this with a couple of friends to mess around and have fun. And this thread has 3 purposes.

Uno, I am wondering if anyone has any experience or advice with this game, like some do's and don'ts, houserules, and etc.

Dos, For now I am thinking of instead of having my player choose all their obsessions, I (or the thread) create a bunch of obsessions and throw them in the pot and have my players draw them, and create one or two to add as well.

Tres, create some starting scenarios besides having John just wake up in his bed.

So far I have several obsessions and situations written down, but I am hoping with how creating /tg/ is you guys might come up with some funny stuff I can throw in as well.
>>
I am trying to find some that would not lead John to killing everyone and himself off, at least not too quickly. Was thinking of even having some one time public/general/john obsessions specific to the starting situation, to kept like a theme or have a co-operative goal while trying to complete their personal and hidden obsessions. And whoever completes the a public first gets those points and it is crossed off and replaced with a new one.

An examples of a situation and few obsessions I have written down so far are:

Start
>John wakes up in the middle of surgery.
Public Obsession
>Get the hell out of the hospital
>Don't get caught
Private Obsessions
>Fight anyone whose name start with "H"
>Drink as much alcohol as you can
>Kidnap as many elderly people as possible.
>>
>>52831614
Here is a scenario for you:
John wakes up in a hotel suite, laying on a bed. His clothes are bloody and there is a 9mm in his hand. Strewn all around the room are the corpses of various well-dressed gentlemen, each with holes through their skulls and weapons in their hands. While investigating, the voices notice that stray dollars and illegal drugs are everywhere in the room. Suddently, a series of sharp knocks are heard from the door, which seems to have been padlocked.
”THIS IS THE POLICE, OPEN UP!”
>>
>>52831823
I like it. I really like it.

Maybe have some obsessions of making as much money as possible, doing all the drugs themselves, finding out who these guys are, and maybe a few others that work against each other.
>>
>>52831614
I played it once, with John waking up with a suit, in a church, face to face with an unknown lady in a white dress, and everybody staring at him from the benches.

Next, I plan on doing a variation, Everybody is Jeanne, where the guys'll play Joan of Arc.
>>
>>52832519
Wedding scene! Check!
Lots of Witnesses, a innocent woman, love, place of holy worship ready for shenanigans. Perfect!

Nice variation too, I might do some changes and the likes as well if my group wants to make it a regular thing.
>>
>John must become the very best. Like no one ever was.
>>
>>52832607
Instead of just a guy named John in certain situations, have "John" be a character in well known tv show, movie, video game or book settings.

I like it as well. Have well known settings between groups just become playgrounds for shenanigans.
>>
Honestly i'm not sure about your idea with you providing the obsessions, half the fun is making up your own crazy obsessions without knowing what setting you'll be doing them in, then trying to pull it off anyway.

Maybe do it for the first one to two games, then switch GM and get the other players to make their own.

Anyway, some of the settings my group's used:
>John wakes up at a table with 5 other people, all of whom have paper in front of them and dice one of our players is actually called John. None survived.
>John is woken up by his Mom. It's time for his first day at school.
>John wakes up to a loud chugga chugga noise and is wearing a fancy uniform. He appears to be a conductor on the Orient Express.

Some of the obsessions we've had:
>sacrifice innocents to satan (3)
>look at pictures of whales (1)
>set things on fire (2)
>put on as much clothing as possible (1)
>start a flashmob (3)
>touch children (not what you're thinking, just skin contact you sick fuck) - (2)
>make people scream (2)

Honestly, I wouldn't overthink it. The game works best if you just go into it with no expectations or plans and just let things go wildly off the rails.
>>
>>52831614
I ran quite a successful session with my friends, but we added an Arthurian twist: Everyone Is Sir John. It ended up with him jousting naked with a knight of the round, It was a laugh though.
>>
>>52832745
>Everyone is John McCain
>>
>>52832720
Hmmm, I might just have everyone make up some of their obsessions then, and then have them shuffle it up before the "start", and then let them make some, or I make some, or draw some random ones to add on.

So they could bank on making obsessions that are really hard and crazy and hope someone else gets them and watch as they see if that person can pull it off, or create one they really want to do and like and hope they get it.

Hmm, I will have to try out these ideas. I do like people making their obsessions blind before hand with no idea what the situation might be and them trying to get it. I might just run the regular rules and then try some variations.

One thing that might do though is increase the levels or have my players make their obsessions more specific to warrant their level and points they earn, because many can by wide and varied. But those obsessions listed seem to have really good levels listed.

>Obsession - Kill every one wearing red I see
>Start - You are at a clown convention giving a Q&A panel
>All the red nose clowns are gonna get it.

>>52832852
>Everyone is The Queen of England
>>
>>52832898
>Everyone is The Queen of England

I'm pretty sure there's a few Blackadder episodes that fit this.
>>
I usually set the starting scene to be completely irrelevant to everybody's obsessions. That way, people have to try hard to complete them, and the playing field is even.
>>
>>52833402
Sounds good too, to make a scenario after hearing everyone's obsessions. Would also make it harder and more interesting for those people who choose easy or not very interesting obsessions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.