[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 40

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Let's talk Wayfinders! How do you handle them? Do you use Method 1 or 2? Do you make players roll for to see if cracked/inferior stones work with them? Do you ban them?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52824867
>>
>>52829141
The only thing I want to ban is (you)!
>>
File: 1345953552150.png (219KB, 500x471px)
1345953552150.png
219KB, 500x471px
We were on page six, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>52829177
>Giant a are you
>Faggot! fucking
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1491803294798.jpg (192KB, 681x798px) Image search: [Google]
1491803294798.jpg
192KB, 681x798px
>Are there any guides on becoming a lich and/or different potential means of achieving lichdom?

>I've got a character idea kicking around in my head and essentially his goal is to become immortal so that he can hoard money forever, but other than the generic wizard route I'm not really sure what my options are.

>>52829017
>>52829042
So there's no concrete way to go about it? That's interesting. I really only have experience with 3.5 where things are a little more specific.

In that case, any recommendations or build advice? I was hoping to avoid going with something completely obvious like wizard or sorcerer, since the character is more of a travelling salesman than anything like that. Maybe an alchemist? I don't know.
>>
>>52829200
A really strange way to ask a giant if they're fucking a faggot?

OH! Maybe they're roleplaying as a Yoda. but doing a really bad job of it.
>>
>have possessed shaman in party
>party is tasked with rescuing a princess
>we are too late and arrive just as she is killed
>party battles her captors and kills them
>shaman invites spirit of princess into his body
>now a strong portion of his being suddenly wants to stay in the kingdom and take up the princesses duties

send help
>>
>>52829263
If he's a travelling salesman maybe make him a bardic lich who sells people his wares that have ironic curses tied to them.
>>
File: the devil.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the devil.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>52829337
Or he gives them away for free!
>>
File: eternal.png (105KB, 1577x705px) Image search: [Google]
eternal.png
105KB, 1577x705px
>>52829263
>>
How would you stat up a Pokeball as a magic item?
>>
>>52829408
Make them elemental gems.
>>
>>52829452
Tell me more?
>>
File: try crossdressing.jpg (260KB, 722x1064px)
try crossdressing.jpg
260KB, 722x1064px
>>52829316
So you're saying he wants to try cross-dressing?
>>
File: 1471219513340.png (185KB, 456x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471219513340.png
185KB, 456x480px
>>52829465
I hate myself. Source?
>>
>>52829370
I don't really get why becoming a lich is a 9-th level spell, is it just so that people couldn't cheat by just Wishing themselves into being a lich if it was at a lower spell level?
>>
Does anyone have any stories of games that featured metallic dragons? There one of the setting elements I find the most fascinating honestly, even though they seem to be forgotten a lot.
>>
>>52829337
It's an option. A lot of bard archetypes seem to fit really well with the sort of character I'm looking to play. Unfortunately our party already has a bard, but that might not end up being that big of a deal.

I don't know much about Oracle, but I read that it was an alright choice as well. Any thoughts on that?

>>52829370
This is helpful, thanks.
>>
>>52829519
That's a ritual, not a spell. The level there is just a rough indicator of power. Anybody who can manage the costs and skill checks can try it, but if you fail the Failure condition happens to you.
>>
>party going after a lich
>everyone assumes he's casting focused
>don't look into his past
>specifically prepare for a caster
>show up
>he's a bloodrager
>first thing he does is pounce charge the party sorcerer
>players are confused and angry

I'm not even sorry.
>>
>>52829524
>Does anyone have any stories of games that featured metallic dragons?

Fuck, the only one I've ever encountered was a dashing young silver dragon that visited our capital in Kingmaker. She masqueraded as a Paladin, when in truth she was just strong as FUCK.
>>
>>52829561

Hey, could have been a bardlich, and they'd have had to fight a chorus line of monstrous minions while he sings and dances.
>>
File: Brewkeeper.png (1MB, 1485x1892px) Image search: [Google]
Brewkeeper.png
1MB, 1485x1892px
Don't hide it from me /pfg/, tell me about your homebrew
>>
Can the Zwei Sentinel use feats that require shields, and can they enchant their "shields"?
>>
>>52829524
Unfortunately metallics get the short end of the stick since they fall on the good end of the spectrum, and most campaigns will want to avoid introducing potential allies to PCs that are THAT powerful.

>>52829586
Oh boy buddy you have no idea.
>>
>>52829607
>and most campaigns will want to avoid introducing potential allies to PCs that are THAT powerful.

What about potential lovers.
>>
New thread, same question: >>52829580
What's your character like in terms of romance, in terms of sexuality, and how do these attitudes differ or compliment each other?
>>
>>52829594
No.
>>
>>52829577
>lady paladin dragon
My heart boner is already acting up
>>52829607
I've always wanted to run a game where either the PC's had a patron/mentor/guide in the form of a very old metallic dragon, or else where high level PC's come across a very young one.
>>
>>52829607
>Oh boy buddy you have no idea.
Well then tell me!
>>
>>52829630
>My heart boner is already acting up

She's not actually a Paladin, she just ACTS like a Paladin!
>>
>>52829681
So!? Dashing gallant knight in armor who's also actually a dragon is hot no matter what!
>>
File: Deathmetal.png (16KB, 480x199px) Image search: [Google]
Deathmetal.png
16KB, 480x199px
>>52829581
>Bardlich
>Can only think of pic related
>>
>>52829669
I am currently running an entire campaign for some lovely Anons, based entirely around the concept of "what if Dragons realized that they seemed to be genetically predisposed towards certain alignments and personalities based on the color of their scales?" and looked into creating a new kind of dragon that wasn't beholden to such things.

As it turns out there's something about the Humanoid form that allows for much more mental flexibility in that regard, and after centuries of experimentation with Dragons of all colors and variation pitching in the Dragonborn were created as a species, with a Clockwork Dragon designed after the god Apsu created as well in order to serve as a protector for the fledgeling species.
>>
File: 1450272118477.png (297KB, 540x674px) Image search: [Google]
1450272118477.png
297KB, 540x674px
>>52829694

Wanna know how we first met her?

>King is hosting a grand tournament to mark the 5th year of our kingdom's founding
>Melee, Archery, Feats of Might and Magic, you name it
>And Jousting, oh lots and lots of Jousting
>My character won the Melee, Archery was won by a commoner who couldn't stop rolling nat 20s (we later made him a recurring character), our Elf won the Magical displays
>And then the Joust began, contestants dropping like flies to a tall mystery knight donned in full plate, with naught but a single long braid of brilliant platinum-blonde hair trailing out of her greathelm
>My character notices something was wrong
>The homebrew antagonist of the campaign so far, the king's evil brother, summons a demon with the express purpose of killing the king
>What followed were the most tense 5 turns in my life, as I was too far away to immediately attack and this thing was tearing into the king and queen
>Just before it can land the killing blow, the mystery knight shows up and with a single swing of their sword, kills the demon with almost triple-digit damage
>King is grateful, asks her name
>She takes off her helmet, revealing her to be of what seemed like Ulfen descent with deep blue eyes (in truth they were violet), and explains how she's a holy warrior that had come here to tourney, but discovered our cause was just, and wished to pledge her fealty to our liege

We found out she was a dragon three sessions later, when she assumed her true form to "come clean" to her lord, and not hide behind the veil of false humanity.
>>
File: 1492789190006.png (311KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1492789190006.png
311KB, 744x1052px
>>52829630
>My heart boner is already acting up
>>
>>52829613

She's quite prim and proper when it comes to picking her romantic partners, but when she gets them in the bedroom she's quite the hellcat.
>>
>>52829613
He's basically got two settings: Reserved and courtly or brazenly passionate. He won't go further than a quick pat on the shoulder if he thinks a woman might not want him, but if she's receptive to some romantic advance, he'd take every opportunity to let her and the world know he loves her and desires her.

But there's the rub--he doesn't really feel like he can speak his mind unless it's dramatically appropriate.
>>
>>52829815

https://youtu.be/Zg0ruDlPPes
>>
>>52829613
Well he's honestly a bit shy all things considered. He's not exactly a pretty boy, but is weak to genuine compliments and doesn't really know how to take flattery. Which is a shame because he also happens to be a fan of the dashing hero act.
>>
>>52829904

>"Show me your WAR FACE" the song

And this was cut?
>>
So, if I'm playing a Bloodrager/Cavalier gestalt with feat tax rules, what feats should I be looking at? Assuming I want to focus mainly on front-line fighting, with mounted charging as just a thing I do sometimes when I actually have my mount around?

Already looking at Raging Vitality, what else should I keep an eye out for?
>>
How would feel having sex with some tiefling who has vagina dentata? What it cannot bite or move much (no jaws or muscles strong enough)?
>>
>>52829943
Which feat tax rules, anon? There are a couple different systems out there.
>>
>>52829939
Had to make room for the Bowie tribute.
>>
>>52829955

Like facefucking a girl who kept her mouth juuuuust closed enough to feel her teeth scrap along yo dick.
>>
>>52829939

It's a bummer. "You're Welcome" was surprisingly good, I'd have liked it if Maui got another song.

I gotta say, that movie gave me a wicked urge to include a demigod in a campaign sometime, although I don't know if it'd be better to allow it for the players or make the demigod an NPC that is both a help and a detriment to the party as the mood takes 'em.
>>
>>52829975

Iblydos is full of hero-gods that could fit the bill, just include one that was exiled for one reason or another.
>>
File: 1478231156875.png (237KB, 658x438px) Image search: [Google]
1478231156875.png
237KB, 658x438px
>>52829943
>Bloodrager/Cavalier gestalt

What a waste of gestalt.
>>
>>52829962
http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

Basically the only thing I was planning to grab that's on there is Power Attack, so essentially just "What feats shouldni look out for besides Power Attack and Raging Vitality?"
>>
>>52830000
Ugh, that one
>>
>>52830000
well is you're a cavalier mounted combat fears would be good

extra rage powers are always good
>>
>>52829999
I mean, it does what I want, and what I want is "Knightly character that can get crazy strong and has a little bit of spellcasting". I thought about grabbing oracle instead, but all the oracle curses either would physically cripple him in a way I'd like to avoid, or wouldn't really fit the character I'm imagining. I could probably go cleric, but if I did it'd probably be one of those clerics that has domains based on his ethical beliefs rather than what god he worships, and that always seemed like a bit of a cop-out to me.
>>
>>52830051
Could have gone inquisitor and gone ANGER inquisition

Or you could get a barbarian VMC and do WHATEVER YOU WANT
>>
Making a level 1 warder with zweihander sentinel/ordained defender, 25 point buy, what would be my preferred statline as a human?
>>
>>52830062
He doesn't want a divine class because the character isn't religious and he feels like "belief" clerics/divines are a cop out.
>>
>>52830076
>OD/ZS warder
>again

Strength wis and con anon, I trust you're not completely retarded and can figure it out.
>>
>>52829939
If you really want to cry about what was left out of the movie, look up "More" and "More (Reprise)". They're both amazing, but they rewrote the script a bit after making them and cut them completely because they didn't fit the details of the new story.
>>
>>52830079
How about an Exciter/Fractured Mind spiritualist?
>>
So /pfg/ what's the best gish class and archetype? My money is on haunted host occultist.
>>
>>52830000
Cornugon Smash is a must-have.
>>
What are some non spell caster classes that aren't Aegis that go well with a regular Zweihander Sentinel in a gestalt?
>>
>>52830051
Make him a kitsune with the tails curse.

Or look at the legalistic one, that might fit.

>>52830098
This is also a good suggestion.
>>
>>52830101
Spiritualists in their ectoplasmaticist or spirit blade archetypes are basically better designed maguses.
>>
File: 1489327952913.jpg (129KB, 1009x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489327952913.jpg
129KB, 1009x1024px
>>52830087
So I should just get a higher wis than con? Okay. Sorry anon, this is my first post in one of these threads for weeks.
>>
>>52830146
Look at your Hit Die dude

This isn't something you should need a guide to. I trust in you to figure it out.
>>
>>52830062
>>52830079
Basically this. I'd go with Oracle since it's a Charisma based spellcaster that's born with that power rather than given it through worship, but like I said none of the Oracle curses fit. There's the ones that cripple the character or else physically deform him, which I'd like to avoid, and none of the others really fit either. There's Legalistic, but that's a little too heavily tied to devils and hell for my liking, and there's Haunted, which I'd probably have to re-adjust my character's backstory a bit for if I wanted it to make sense rather than just being "Oh yeah, he's also got dickass ghosts following him cause reasons". Thinking on it a bit, I probably -could- make Haunted work with just a few minor changes though. If I do that, I'd probably go for Cavalier/Oracle then. I'm making a character for the Overlewd game, which I didn't know was a thing /pfg/ talked about until yesterday. Essentially I'm going for a black knight type character, the gist is that his dad was an aasimar and a hero in the revolution, but after the revolution the new government went corrupt and, disillusioned, he retired to his estate and barely comes out anymore. Now his son's decided the only way to bring about good people and give heroes like his dad a place in life, is to become the bad guy so there's always a threat encouraging people to rise against evil. I want him to be strong, but I also want him to have some form of spellcasting since it's gestalt and being a mighty spellcaster seems fitting for someone looking to make himself into an evil overlord.
>>
>>52830146
>OD/ZS Warder
>Human

My dude, you just picked literally the easiest class in the entire game.
>>
>>52829524
I had one appear all of once, and was planning on having it be more frequent but one of the player started getting all weird with vore fantasies.
>>
>>52830226
Exciter/fractured mind spiritualist my dude

All the rage, higher level spells, and some SLAs to boot.
>>
>>52830258
Exciter kind of sucks. Can't take extra rage or anything.
>>
>>52830277
yeah but you've got numerous spells backing you up
>>
>>52829141
Are there any good discord channels for Pathfinder?

Are there any good gaming blogs for Pathfinder?
>>
>>52830375
>Are there any good discord channels for Pathfinder?
Ours.

>Are there any good gaming blogs for Pathfinder?
Mine. Here's the link.

4chan.org/tg/pfg
>>
>>52830375
https://discord.gg/mMnHWF7

That's the Discord we use here.
>>
>>52829586
I made a Fighter archetype based on something an anon said, but I feel like it doesn't really come together that well. Some feedback would be super helpful.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qoJozyiVWR5Twr1Kty0uUkL10hRhf2lvUeKMumkiQMw/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>52830403
Oh wow!

I remember asking for this a day or two ago.

Let me read and tell you what I think.
>>
>>52830392
That's not a blog. Blogs have articles and usable material in them, and you can easily find stuff. This is a chat room.
>>
What are the meme games' OP themes?

>RotJR Season 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6GrHnOLb-Y

>RotJR Season 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcR9bXY3s8Q

>RotJR Season 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-UN6uRMBRw
>>
>>52830455
So I only came around recently, if this thread actually has a group running RotJR is there a place I can read logs or something the like?
Also is it over or still in progress? And if in progress where are they?
>>
>>52830455
Obvious choice is Obvious
>Overlewd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMoVmSV4yA8
>>
>>52830484
Maybe try asking the players, they might share it with you. But apparently they've stopped telling /pfg/.
>>
>>52830489
No
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8G_ywKHvak
>>
>>52830489
>>52830507
No. Overlewd's theme is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U
>>
Ok, I am making a mounted character and at level 7 I intend to take Monstrous Companion.

The question is, Monstrous Mount is not that good, so what are alternatives to get an exotic mount like a gryphon or hippogriff before then?
>>
What sort of treasure would an elemental lord have?
>>
>>52830507
>>52830489
>>52830522
Well, GM has already made a call on what the LG antagonists' theme is going to be, at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxk4mveLCw
>>
>>52829200
You, sir, are the normiest normie who ever lived. Don't you have kids to drive to soccer practise, or beer cans to throw at the TV?
>>
>>52829586
Been meaning to gather all my old campaign notes and write it up as a homebrew setting or two for /pfg/ in case people want to use anything I've written.
>>
So what is a promethean alchemist even supposed to do with their construct?
>>
>>52829761
>creating a new kind of dragon that wasn't beholden to such things.
If you're a good dragon, why would you create more potentially evil dragons? If you're an evil dragon, why would you create more potentially good dragons? If you're neutral, why would you care? You're already as close to a person as DnD's alignment system will allow.
>>
>>52829141
I don't allow wayfinders, but we houserule EWP to come with free weapon focus.
>>
>>52830455
LoBaF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niruwh4UwS8
>>
Dragon 1 just wrapped up. Greentext soon

session at a glance.

> WELCOME TO CRIT CITY
>>
>>52830742
It's essentially a thought experiment brought to life, also keep in mind that this is the thought process of extremely long lived creatures that are also incredibly powerful in primal, arcane magicks. The thought that something about them isn't their own choice, to me, could potentially cause some older, more powerful dragons to essentially have a spaz attack and think that there's something about that that needs fixing.

Now granted the Dragonborn still tend to follow a path somewhat along the lines of their color, but there's also a lot more variation there in the civilization they live in. Reds, for instance, if you go by their pure stats would make good Wizards, but the current leader is a Red that's big and burly and boisterous and has no casting.
>>
>>52830732
>Buff them up with extracts and turn them into a bruiser (level 4+ Only)
>Use them to cheese summons (Preservationist Only)
>Have two assholes with no features twiddling their thumbs in combat
>have a companion who is immune to a hilarious amount of bullshit and can fly, potentially cheesing early challenges

Also, remember you can NEVER get your Mutagen back.
>>
>>52830437
I used to do a blog that did the following structure:
>Dungeon Monday
Showcase what I considered a cleverly designed dungeon w/ blurb, encounters, treasure, traps, etc.

>Build Wednesday
Showcase what I considered an interesting build for a antagonist. These were mainly for fights that were not straight slug fests.

>Homebrew Friday
Showcasing homebrew.

I wish I still had the articles but the blog is long sense gone.
>>
>>52829581
>Necrodancer
>>
>>52829630
I played a lady paladin dragon once, except she was a solar dragon, not a silver dragon. She was also RIGHTEOUS FURY OF THE SUN. Not literally, of course, that'd be silly. But she was going to melt away the wickedness of those evil Winter Witches.
>>
Whats your excuse for not attaching an f-list to your Overlewd app?
>>
File: Cat is not for sexual.png (109KB, 476x696px) Image search: [Google]
Cat is not for sexual.png
109KB, 476x696px
>>52831055
I'm a pussy
>>
>>52831055
I'm the GM and it might influence people
>>
>>52831063
I don't understand, the catgirl has one.
>>
>>52831075
Really ruins the joke
>>
>>52831086
Sorry dude.
>>
>>52831055
It should be transparent enough.
>>
>>52831100
not a good excuse desu.
>>
File: 52924189_p1_master1200.jpg (304KB, 739x994px) Image search: [Google]
52924189_p1_master1200.jpg
304KB, 739x994px
>>52831100
What are the modifiers for playing a pregnant character?
>>
File: 020 - BrndEvN.png (130KB, 442x353px) Image search: [Google]
020 - BrndEvN.png
130KB, 442x353px
>>52831089
It's okay, I need to develop new memes instead of recycling the same one for the third time in a row
>>
What's a good thematic gestalt for a True Primitive Raging Cannibal Barbarian? I'm trying to come up with a good one.

Oracle seems at least semi-appropriate because it goes well with most themes (could choose Hunger curse and Nature Mystery).

Are there any other cannibal theme'd archetypes?
>>
>>52831100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vlNSh9VqJ4
>>
>>52831114
Well depending on what trimester they are in I'd probably put them under a light, medium, or heavy load as per normal rules.
>>
How is there no martial that even comes close to Warder? No wonder 5 apply to every game, if PoW is allowed they're better than everything else.
>>
>>52831186
Warders are basically the best for heavy armor strfagging, and have diverse archetypes

All PoW classes are very strong tho
>>
>>52831114
You're looking for table 5-03 - Pregnancy Effects

http://carnal.orfinlir.de/5_preg2_mechanics.php
>>
>>52831200

Even if you don't care about heavy armor, they just get so much shit. I'm trying to find a reason to be anything but a warder and it just doesn't exist, the best parts of archetype barbarian and fighter you could actually just dip into and delay your features 2 levels, with the trait you don't delay maneuvers.
>>
>>52831221
I don't think they get that much honestly, like... Other PoW classes are just as good

In Gestalt it certainly helps that it has two possible mental stats and a d12 hit die, as well as full BAB.
>>
File: 1471035960417.gif (136KB, 268x220px) Image search: [Google]
1471035960417.gif
136KB, 268x220px
>>52831234
>gestalt

/pfg/ wanks to gestalt games way too much.
>>
>>52831262
I want to lick Magilou's armpit.
>>
>>52831221
It suffers from being one of the only PoW classes that actually seems to fucking REWARD YOU for putting armor on.
>>
>>52831208
Because of COURSE that exists.
>>
>>52831221

Well up to level 10 they only one less bonus feat than a fighter, and if the fighter goes myrmidon they have the same amount.

Warders gets good will prgression + Intiation to AC and reflex so they can dump dex totally.

They get great maneuver access, and their archetypes stack and are straight upgrades for the most part.

That's without even looking at their like, per day infinite counters, the mark, stalwart, and they even get armor training.

Their recovery isn't the best but if you reach and are enlarge, at level 5 you threaten what, 25 squares? Eternal guardian's level 1 stance turns that all to difficult and you can even move around while you take those AoO's
>>
>>52831275
anon there's like 2 3.5 sourcebooks for this shit

look up 'book of erotic fantasy'
>>
>>52831281
meant for >>52831234
>>
So it's confirmed that most of the girls are into pregnancy right?
>>
>>52831281
yeah, and all the other PoW classes get a bunch of great shit too, whats your point?
>>
>>52831303
check their f-lists
>>
>>52831303
Man, this game is going to implode SO hard when the GM doesn't pick the "right" characters.
>>
>>52831303
>>52831315
Anyone found Bailey's f-list?
>>
>>52831317
But the right characters are Succubed, Toobie, and the Cat-loli. :^)
>>
>>52831319
Memes don't have f-lists.
>>
>>52831307

None of them seem as good as warder except mystic.
>>
>>52831325
She does. I've seen it.
>>
>>52831055
>>52831303
>>52831315
So what characters actually have f-lists posted in their application?
>>
>>52831326
Straight wrong.

Fun fact

Overlewd has

5 - Warders
2 - Warlords
1 - Stalker
3 - Harbingers
1 - Mystic
0 - Zealot

Additionally one that might be Harbinger OR zealot.

Soo

Its not like they're crowding the rest of the PoW classes out.
>>
>>52831345
Raine
Cat-loli
Aeshma

i think those are the only ones with theirs posted right on the roll20
>>
>>52831347

M8... 5 Warders, 7 non warders

6 classes and Warder is 40% of them.

FOUR of which are Ordained Sentinel, because it's the archetype that gives up basically nothing to become better in every way.

Listen I'm not saying I think they need to be nerfed, other than OS needs to actually give up something, but I just wish other classes could come anywhere near warder, the martial archetypes give up way too much for 3/4 progression. Barbarian gives up basically all of its class features, in fact if you just took warder and added VMC barbarian I think you'd be ahead of a primal disciple.
>>
File: 1486229402827.png (348KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1486229402827.png
348KB, 700x700px
What's the cutest thing your characters have done lately?
>>
>>52831390
Everyone agrees OD gets too much.
>>
>>52831397
He hugged both his daughters!
>>
>>52831397
She cast Headpat on Aster
>>
File: 1487778585673.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1487778585673.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>52831390
>>52831398
Do you guys remember when Elric was here defending the OD to death because "It's not as strong because it doesn't use Int and I REALLY like Int"?
>>
>>52831345
Raine, but I'm not sure how serious it is
Aeshma, but that looks to be the PLAYER'S f-list
Umbranae seems to be serious

I think that's it
>>
>>52830813
You.
YOU.
Dragons 1 happening at the same time is the reason FotJR has been rolling Nat 1s all night!
>>
>>52831421
Int is a good stat, but Wis goes to will saves.

OD and ZS are basically abominations of archetypes because they both give up basically nothing for massive benefits, ZS doubly so because its literally about making the strongest combat style EVEN BETTER.

OD isn't helped by the fact that blessings are inquisitions are all pretty weak, except for Conversion, WHICH IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Stuff like Fiendbound marauder actually gives shit up which is why people use it.
>>
>>52831430
>>52831356
Right, I missed Umbranae

So Raine, Aeshma, Umbranae, and Velvet have the publicly posted f-lists.
>>
>>52831421

I'm new to PoW and I'm just coming to grips with it, I see like 500 warders and OD/ZS in Overlewd and desperately want to NOT be another one, but fuck, if you want strength, what are your options even?

Myrmidon seems like the second best oddly enough, but then you could actually just take practiced initiator, dip 1 level myrm and primal disciple, then go Warder OD and it all goes off wisdom. You gain grit, infinite rage and you've just delay some ultimately cool but not build making features a bit.
>>
How do handle intentionally changing your character alignment?
>>
>>52831447
I don't see Velvet's

not that apps of people who can't play should be entertained in the first place
>>
>>52831440
>the strongest combat style
That's not archery.
>>
>>52831457
Brutal Slayer Stalker dude

Brutal slayer stalker.

Alternatively, strength based warlords can be great too.
>>
>>52831472
Archery actually doesn't match up to two-handed once its madness is fully online.
>>
>>52831434
I am absolutely SHOCKED! SHOCKED I SAY!
Seriously, I shocked myself, my hair's probably a mess right now.
>>
How furry is too furry for an Agathion-blooded Aasimar? I just wanna be a cute deerperson
>>
>>52831476

I do not see how brutal stalker even comes close to Warder, 3/4 BAB, bad fort d8 HD

Warlord seems okay but I hate gambits and charisma is just the worst.

Another reason why Warder is insane, they don't even need their initiation modifier, all you lose is uses of marks, which you barely feel later on. And marks are already just gravy on that package.
>>
>>52831493
You have gestalt you stupid nigger you can choose the other half.
>>
>>52831492
Dude

Go as furry as you want

/pfg/ will fap to it anyways, they already want to fuck rats, plants, and basically everything else.
>>
>>52831493
I have to say this line of bitching doesn't make me think the Warder is too strong

It makes me think you really like what the warder offers and just don't like what the rest of the PoW classes

So fucking play a Warder, whining over 'MUH OP OD/ZS' isn't adding anything new, we all know it.
>>
File: 44043261_p0.jpg (599KB, 1181x1348px) Image search: [Google]
44043261_p0.jpg
599KB, 1181x1348px
>>52831492
>I just wanna be a cute deerperson
You don't have to be furry.
>>
>>52831492
Antlers are cute. CUTE!
>>
Should I use a Greatsword as a switch-hitter slayer? How awkward is to go around with such large swords and a bow at the same time?
>>
>>52831319
Fine. Here. I made one. Now stop asking about me. It's weird.
https://www.f-list.net/c/bailey%20copper
>>
Welp, I got bored and made an f-list for my Emilia.
https://www.f-list.net/c/emilia%20ivanov
>>
>>52831716
Thats not the real one
>>
>>52831726
Yes it is. I'm Bailey.
>>
>>52831753
>I'm looking at the real Bailey f-list right now and its not that one

:thinking:

You've got some details right, but there are obvious giveaways.

3/10, apply yourself.
>>
File: 1486173716779.jpg (115KB, 473x537px) Image search: [Google]
1486173716779.jpg
115KB, 473x537px
>>52831716
>>52831724
https://www.f-list.net/c/cindy-mun/

Would you play with her?
>>
>>52831724
>https://www.f-list.net/c/emilia%20ivanov
>() Impregnation Detail

the fuck
>>
>>52831762
>Bad ends
>Non-con
>Spitroasting

You know I left out a lot of the rapey and good kinks from my other profile.

This is Emilia, and yeah I'd fucc the succ.
>>
>>52831771
Summer fag detected.
>>
>>52831797
Man that one is beyond me.
>>
>>52831724
>>52831762
Man, look at these sluts. I should have applied to Overlewd with a rape-y character instead of what I went with. I'm all about most of these kinks.
>>
>Open /pfg/ for the first time all week
>F-lists
I don't really mind but uuuuuh... how'd we get here?
>>
Just post all the f-lists why don't we

https://www.f-list.net/c/velvet%20black%20cat/
https://www.f-list.net/c/umbranae/
https://www.f-list.net/c/raine%20the%20reveler
>>
>>52831816
It's all Rubio's fault.
>>
>>52831816
>/tg/ is a /d/lite

No idea
>>
File: DOIT.gif (1MB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
DOIT.gif
1MB, 500x255px
>>52831808
It's never to late,
don't let your memes be dreams.

>>52831804
Well, so are a lot of kinks to different people?
>>
>>52831856
I guess
>>
>>52831761
Come on, dude, I've got the trip and everything.
>>
File: smug.png (318KB, 498x332px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
318KB, 498x332px
>oozes confidence, brimming with force of personality, but is a completely unlikeable douche

High Charisma or low Charisma?
>>
>>52831869
Its a well crafted bamboozle, I admit, but those of us in the (((inner circle))) can easily spot these bamboozles.
>>
>>52831873
High Cha, 0 ranks in diplomacy and a drawback for a penalty to diplomacy and starting attitudes
>>
>>52831873
Cha about 12-13. Low Wis, maybe average Int. He's got some confidence, but if he's truly unlikable, he's not going to actually have that much Charisma.
>>
File: 1470384185571.jpg (813KB, 888x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1470384185571.jpg
813KB, 888x1242px
What kind of /pfg/ game would be great if I really like mind control, both giving and receiving?
>>
>>52831856
Oh gosh no, it's way too late. I'm not doing another app from scratch. I'll just PM Emilia later.
>>
>>52831873
High CHA. Low diplomacy.
>>
>>52831895
I'll keep a look out then.
>>
File: 1478267648744.jpg (163KB, 852x775px) Image search: [Google]
1478267648744.jpg
163KB, 852x775px
>>52831819

https://www.f-list.net/c/rory%20karskys%20carihem

https://www.f-list.net/c/rubio%20redgrave/
>>
>>52831908
>Light bondage under fave
>Heavy bondage under no
Pussy.
>>
>>52829613
>Romance
She desperately craves intimate, monogamous tenderness and True Love, but she doesn't think she deserves it.
>Sexuality
She burns with a mighty lust and seeks to quench it whenever and wherever she can.
>>
>>52831908
https://www.f-list.net/c/rinka%20rat
>>
>>52831902
Probably tomorrow, because it's really late right now. I really like to describe the cellular level fertilization stuff so that appeals to me, though non-canon junk is kind of annoying.
>>
>>52831716
>Fave:
>Nonsexual Roleplay
>Pregnancy
>Romance

Does this fag literally just want to play barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen?
>>
>>52832001
dude its fake
>>
Propose a hypothetical game.

>Tian Xia
>Mysterious jerk is going around killing powerful warriors, targeting mainly generals and martial style masters
>Players are in pursuit of the jerk
>PoW classes only
>>
>>52832002
I understand that, but if you're going to fake a profile, at least fake it in an actually interesting way. Nobody wants your cutesy romance vomit.
>>
>>52831988
Yeah, well there's no guarantee on who's getting in so, most of it is inevitably going to be non-canon.
>>
>>52832019
Fair point
>>
https://www.f-list.net/c/chiundra
>>
>>52832010
I do! Cutesy romance is what I live for, anon!
>>
I wasn't considering making an f-list,
but maybe I should.
>>
>>52832161
Seems like the domino effect is starting to take place.
>>
>>52832171
This is the way /pfg/ ends. Not with a bang but an orgy.
>>
>>52832171
I'd probably change the name of the thing to avoid you fucks finding it.
>>
>>52832196
Why even make one then
>>
>>52832237
Because I want to know what their kinks are.
>>
https://www.f-list.net/c/cijiska
>>
>>52832341
>Scenes - Steampunk
Faggot.
>>
>>52831896
This. He could still be a good liar and intimidator.
>>
Tell me about dsp prcs pfg, are they any good? Good enough to give up the powerful favored class bonus/advancement of their parent initiating class or are they as gimmicky as paizo ones?
>>
>>52833110
Which one are you interested in? From pow1, arcane gish is meh, and both divine and psionic ones are good.
There's also http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/prestigious-spellcaster/ which can make some PRCs much better than they were supposed to be, and not only DSP ones.
>>
>>52833179
Dragon Fury and Landsknecht sound pretty good but I'm not too sure if they are actually worth it.
>>
>>52833110
>powerful favored class bonus/advancement of their parent initiating class
>>52833201
IIRC none of three base classes from pow1 have many features scaling with class level, while all three base classes from pow2 do have such features.
You can also enter prcs with 6th level archetyped initiators which might or might not have such features.
>>
>>52833201

Landsknecht is a gold mine of features up until the moment you hit Superior Reach, after which just switch back to your old class.
>>
Weebs, I need help:
How do I play a touhou? I want to spam ref save-based AoE attacks all day while flying around.
The only touhou-related 3pp I'm aware of is that Tome of Battle expansion thing, but that's not what I'm looking for, really.
>>
>>52833425
your only other real alternative then would be avowed; anything else is either vancian, point-per-day based, or more limited than either of those due to using burn.
>>
>>52833425
>>52833435
There were these occult-ish archetypes for aegis and soulknife written by dsp, and I remember one of these was about blasting.
Hmm, there's only soulknife one in the throve. Was aegis even released?
>>
If one of us die, the one who planned all of this, but in the process we completely sabotage one of the Big Bag plans, ruin his base of operations, resources, poison him with a mutagen potion and get most of his men killed early in the campaing, does it count as a victory?
>>
>>52833466
depends, anon
can the big bad recover from that, and if so, how easily?
if it was a decisive strike that will severely weaken if not outright stop the big bad, then it was a victory
>>
>>52833458
you won't get AoE on the living legend until level... 12 I believe, and archmage mode?

the Gambler could give you blasting all day, but it requires particular cycling between generating through burn production and spending that burn as temp-PPs
>>
>>52833487

Well. He was part of a bigger conspiracy, but we burned down his tower, usurped a good chunck of his forces, gold, and escaped with his family and his heir with us.
>>
So, looking into trying some online RPG, since there's nowhere near me that I can do it. It seems like pathfinder and DND are the main 2 games to play. Any reason to pick pathfinder over DnD or something else?
>>
File: Astarte's Ritual Worked!!.jpg (87KB, 588x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Astarte's Ritual Worked!!.jpg
87KB, 588x1000px
Dragon Game 1 Greentext
Ballroom Blitz Edition:

>Combat starts. After some maneuvering and getting into position; our Resident maid, possibly inspired by "The Knave's" ability to send a guard flying with a wine bottle, Charges the bastard with a fork. She crits.
>Astarte, mad that she got interrupted from her date with a fellow technologist, lets the knave have it and lights the on fire. Her drone deploys and misses.
>Atolm launches a Delayed Impact Blast. (Set to go off in 2 turns)
> The Knave activate POCKET SAND, and blinding The Maid and braining her with wine bottle.
>Freyda, then proceeds to use telekinisis and slam him into the ceiling and pin him there.
>Both Celisse and Zev The maid miss their strikes as the sudden altitude increase suprises her.
>Lameeka, after getting her dance partner to safety, makes a lightning based molotov cocktail out of a champaign bottle and smashes The Knave with it.
> Astarte, goes alpha strike firing all barrels of flame at him, Her turret attacks and misses.
>Atolm, launches about 25 pounds of forks and knive into him. All thats visible is silverware and blood. untill a bright light explodes from The Knave and he lands, thruming with semi divine energy.
>he goes for the pocket sand again! but it was a feint! He stabs Zev with the now broken wine bottle.
>Astarte is having none of this and Blasts the guy with flames. And crits. Blasting the divine right out of him.
> Bad guy is thrown back and he orders his troops to attack as things are not going his way.
>The troops advance, but Atolm's delayed blast knocks The Knave on his ass and down for the count. The troops fair much better but are routed soon after.
>Combat ends with Astarte going up in flames, apparently she overloaded her suit... and completed the ritual that put her in there. She now looks like pic related.
>The Knave lets slip two more names: The Knight in Shining Armor, and The Squire. When the Knave dies, divine light leaves him and he morphs into Sir Cross.
>>
>>52833514
Do you like more options or less options?
>>
>>52833528
Options for anything specifically? Also, any other sites other than roll20 that are decent for online games?
>>
>>52833514
Pathfinder is a bloated piece of shit full of terrible rules and horrid content.
However, once you get to know the system, the sheer amount of stuff available to work with is incredible, and that's not counting the literally non-functional trash. That's why most people still play PF.

For a beginner, however, I would suggest DnD, specifically 5th edition. It's simple, there's very few utterly horrible options to watch out for, and there's way less weebs playing kitsune sorcerors.
>>
>>52833514
If you've never played RPGs before, do NOT touch Pathfinder under any circumstances.

I'm not saying that Pathfinder doesn't have any redeeming sides, but it(and D&D 3.x in general) is among the very worst choices for anyone's first RPG. In fact, I'd recommend staying away from D&D altogether and picking a less popular game. Those tend to have better communities, anyway.
>>
>>52833527

Other Highlights,

Lameeka sneak attacking The Knave, with literal Thunder Thighs.
Astarte's poor deployable drone that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Astarte realizing she's naked after her transformation into a half dragon.
Atolm Calling "The Knave" small.
>>
>>52833514
Please do yourself a favor and listen to these guys
>>52833537
>>52833550

Pathfinder is not a good system. It is more bloated than Baron Harkonen. It has more traps in it than a crossdresser convention. The mechanics are clunky, and the main setting itself is a kitchen-sink but done with virtually no consideration as to how things are placed or how shit might advance from there.

We are here because we are autistic little fucks who cannot get away because everyone else we know only plays this and every last one of us finds a perverse pleasure in crunching builds especially to turn the worst piles of shit into something we think - through liberal application of third party materials and sometimes homebrew rule access such as gestalting or the tax-feat documents (if you don't know what these are, GOOD. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO EVEN WANT TO NEED TO KNOW. RUN. SERIOUSLY. JUST RUN. YOU'RE NOT MISSING ANYTHING.) - into something viable.

This is no elite community of monocle-wearing fuckasses telling you you don't belong here.

This is pustuled lepers begging you to leave this place because it's somehow become airborne and sapient, and makes your crotch rot away first.

RUN. RUN, BOY. ALL THESE SYSTEMS ARE YOURS EXCEPT PATHFINDER. ATTEMPT NO LANDING HERE.
>>
>>52833556
The knave was posturing like my uncle's midlife crisis, minus the Camaro he bought thinking it was a 'Vette.

The man's dick had to be femtometers long if erect.
>>
Our face has died, a very proficient liar and conman low-life, charlattan rogue dwarf, what class and race is most suitable to replace him?
>>
>>52833599
pathfinder is like anal
it's painful at first, but you learn to enjoy it eventually
some people love it way more than others, even preferring it over other methods
sadly, it will always be a bit shitty, no matter how hard you try to clean up
>>
>>52833638
time to roll up a bard my boy
>>
>>52833527

So Astarte is now the sexiest woman in the party?
>>
>>52833665
>So Astarte is now the sexiest woman in the party?

Close second to Lameeka
>>
>>52831908
>Rory
>acts like a douche but is a mostly vanilla sweetheart in bed
>Rubio
>acts like a real nice guy but is rough in bed

wew lad
>>
>>52833651

How should I build him to be the biggest conspirator, conman, son of a bitch ever?
>>
>>52833702

Maaaaybe the Bard (Negotiator)?
>>
>>52833677

Lameeka is not a cute! Her only good asset is her ass!
>>
File: yes and.png (32KB, 202x205px) Image search: [Google]
yes and.png
32KB, 202x205px
>>52833720
>>
>>52833720

She has an adorable personality, loveably excitable, yet shy. She's got a womanly figure fit for a lady twice her size. and is perfect dick sucking height

Meanwhile Astarte is a nerd, who dances by herself when no one is watching and forgot what hugs feel like.
>>
>>52833754
I want to give Astarte a pat on the head!
>>
File: 1325683896642.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1325683896642.png
12KB, 560x407px
Where's a good place to pick up minis for a PC on the cheap?
>>
>>52833768

Slum Mode is printing out the picture, taping it onto a tiny cardboard cut-out, and standing it upright with a paper clip.
>>
>>52833779
I've got a bit more money than that and it would look stupid next to everyone elses
I just don't wanna drop $20+ on a guy
>>
>>52833809
Find your local hobby shop - they should have more up-to-date information than anons on a meme board.
>>
>>52833527
>Resident Maid crits with a fork

Current tally of battle butler weapon critical hits: Parasol, Cutlery.

Next on the list: Serving Platter.
>>
>>52833754

>That spoiler
>Letting a draconic maw ANYWHERE near your junk
>>
>>52833909
I'd have to go into the city for that, no hobby shop here
Surely there's some place that can sell me a sword & board human?
>>
>Avowed gets Bigby's Hand spells as clauses
Holy fuck, every time I open this thing up I find something great.
>>
>>52834081
Why the fuck is Avowed a Psychic Caster again.

Literally every fucking thing about screams "I'm a fucking Arcane class" right down to the verbal components.
>>
>>52834123
its so it can wear armor i guess?
>>
>>52834139
They could just give it light armor proficiency like the other Arcane casters that cast in armor?
>>
>>52834018
Sorry mate, but you have two options - go to a hobby shop that sells figures, or get them delivered to your home from online, and I can tell you right now which one is going to cost you out the ass.
>>
>>52834157
but you can go heavy armor with avowed for like 1 feat
>>
>>52834175
So it's just another nod to "we want this class to do literally fucking everything"
>>
File: wVWWMSq.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wVWWMSq.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
>>52834205
>we want this class to do literally fucking everything
>that's why we give it a shit version of SoP's Destruction sphere and sprinkle in some shit Wizard spells as SLAs, but only one per level
>>
Can Alchemists take item creation feats?
>>
>>52834334
No*

*Except when the GM allows it, because Alchemists should be able to
>>
>>52834400
They rarely do!
I don't think a single pfg gm has ever allowed it.
>>
>>52834516
My DM does, because he agrees it's dumb that they don't count as spellcasters.
>>
>>52834516
I don't think anyone ever asked.
>>
>>52834564
In recent memory iirc bloodbath GM said no.
>>
How do you play as a bard? What are the typical gamestyles? What stats should I prioritise in order?
>>
>>52834516
I don't think many people on here want to become known as "that guy who definitely wanted to abuse crafting", so people tend to avoid asking.
My GM allows it. Even recommended a trait to discount stuff further. Now I kinda have TOO MUCH MONEY. I'd be paying 38k for 80k worth of gear, this shits fucking dumb.
>>
>>52834644
A fucking Artisan got into probably the most popular game yet. I don't think people care.
>>
>>52834660
Nigga you know how triggered /pfg/ can get at random bullshit. Though you're probably right, might be more a case of it not really coming up.
>>
>>52834123
bitch did you even READ the flavor text

Everything about how it works is psychic magic, the only thing arcane about it is the verbal component and that's because emotion components are shit ass
>>
>>52834775
I did and it still sounds like it should be an Arcane class.
>>
What classes let me play two people, /pfg/? All I can think of so far are Spiritualist and that one archetype of Wizard that gets an apprentice cohort. Are there any other options for playing a PC that has a tag-along buddy?

On a related note, tell me about the Spiritualist, please. Is it decent?
>>
>>52834806
Betrothed Avowed.
>>
>>52834795
'splain yourself anon
>>
>>52834834
Do you have to actually be married/engaged for that one?
>>
>>52834848
No, the name is just incredibly fucking stupid. Just like just about everything not mechanically related to the Avowed.
>>
>>52834848

No, just really close with your patron.

Actually, being really close to your Patron is the Guardian Spirit feat, Betrothed is where it literally follows you around and interacts with you on the regular.

Guardian Spirit is having a Nymph waifu that occasionally talks to you or shows up to make sure you're doing okay. Betrothed is having a cute lil pocket pixie that's powering you up while you power her up.
>>
>>52834806
Doesn't Cavalier have an archetype on this too?
>>
>>52834890

I'm still amazed Paizo hasn't made an explicit "Knight" archetype for the Cavalier, which trades out something dumb like the banner for a Squire.

What kinda Knight doesn't have a squire?
>>
>>52834923
Because someone at level 1 probably isn't a full fledged knight that gets his own Squire. It's honestly thee same reason why Instructor Wizard is dumb.
>>
>>52834838
He says it's because there's somatic and verbal components.
>>
>>52834859
Who made the Avowed? I know it's not 1PP, but the DM is allowing PoW, Psionics, and Spheres of Power.

>>52834885
Someone literally following you around and interacting with you on the regular is what I'm looking for. I'm looking to play a character who has met another version of themselves from a parallel universe/alternate timeline.

>>52834890
Didn't know about that, I'll be sure to look for it so I can check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>52834923
But that is in fact a thing, isn't it?
>>
>>52834938

Banner's a level 5 ability, you could totally give them a squire at level 5.
>>
>>52834945
There... aren't somatic components though.

>It's a psychic caster that uses verbal components
is no stranger than
>It's an arcane caster that ignores armor spell failure chance
>>
>>52834953

Nope! A Cavalier can BE a squire, but they can't GET a squire. You need a feat for that.
>>
>>52834946
Avowed is from Forrest Fire Studios. It's not DSP, BUT it's a studio run by a pretty major writer that worked for them. If he's fine with DSP stuff he honestly should be FFS stuff. Ask.
>I'm looking to play a character who has met another version of themselves from a parallel universe/alternate
Oh shit. If Spheres is allowed look into the TIme Playtest. There's a hedgewitch tradition that is "You were taught by yourself from the future" which is easy to tweak into being taught by an AU version of yourself. It isn't a companion but you could just ask the DM to make them an NPC that pops up a lot.
>>
>>52834946

Alternate Timeline would be the Avowed (Self Pact) with a good pitch to your DM why you want the Betrothed archetype.
>>
>>52834775
>>52834123
>Instead of verbal and somatic components, all psychic spells have components related to the caster’s inner being. The two psychic components are called emotion components and thought components. If a spell’s components line lists a somatic component, that spell instead requires an emotion component when cast by psychic spellcasters, and if it has a verbal component, it instead requires a thought component when cast by psychic spellcasters. Psychic spells cast by non-psychic arcane and divine casters use any listed somatic and verbal components as normal.
>>
>>52834983
The time playtest was taken down for being bad, it's no longer a running thing
>>
>>52834968
>is no stranger than
Actually it is. Arcane Casters that ignore armor spell failure chance are still using somatic. The armor doesn't interfere with their gestures.

Thought honestly, I'm unsure how armor meant to fight in can somehow fuck with hand gestures anyway.
>>52834945
Because it has Verbal componts and the fluff seems to indicate that they're all basically binders/sorcerers with slightly different fluff. That shit is Arcane.
>>
>>52834806
Spiritualist is weird. By default, it's a bad-touch caster. But with archetypes it gets weird. Ectoplasmatist and Phantom Blade are Magus-lite (Ectoplasmatist has emphasis on reach and weird ghost tentacles, Phantom Blade has a GHOST SWORD). Fractured Mind makes you Charisma-based and stacks with everything, and Exciter gives you Dex/Cha bloodrage, the works. It's a very weird class
>>
>>52835006
Well shit. I liked some of the ideas there. Especially those time traveling devils that try to make every timeline the worst timeline.
>>
>>52834983
>>52834995
Okay, so where can I find the Avowed and these particular archetypes/pacts? I don't see them in the /pfg/ pastebin, so I assume I need to find a source book?
>>
>>52835019
>with slightly different fluff

Gee anon, you mean like how Psychic Magic itself is just slightly different fluff from Arcane Magic?
The line between them is so thin that there are literally 1pp archetypes that convert a psychic casting class to arcane with no change in class casting mechanics besides 'by the way you're arcane now'.
>>
>>52835019
Because a sorcerer or wizard trains himself to use complicated somatic components (face it, 6 seconds of waving and wiggling and making gestures with one hand has got to be complicated) without armor.

So when he puts armor on for the first time in his life, he's got this extra 3-8 pouunds of metal hanging all over his arm and shoudler fuckign up his trained gestures. That's why armor training is a feat for casters, and why casters who regularly wear armor don't suffer the penalty, they trained in armor to cast spells.

It's that fucking simple.
>>
>>52835070
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?509440-Forrestfire-Studios-Playtest-The-Avowed-a-3pp-warlock-with-a-psychic-bent

There's the main book, and there's Heart and Soul, which has the archetypes
Those are the only two Avowed books out there, besides the April Fools one which is also a short fun read
>>
>>52834979
But that's wrong
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/archetypes/paizo-cavalier-archetypes/daring-general-cavalier-archetype/
>>
>>52835025
I'm okay with that though. Weird is good. I don't like that the Phantom Blade is Magus+++ and actually has a better spell list, but whatever.
>>
>>52835019
What's the difference between arcane and psychic magic to you anon, besides 'lol components'?
>>
>>52835088

T-thanks, anon! I completely overlooked that one!
>>
>>52835101
External vs Internal.

It's the difference between being Harry Potter and Professor Xavier.
>>
>>52835087
Thanks Anon. I've got some researching to do now, which is good because I need a break from trying to find good character art.
>>
>>52835113
...Anon.
That's the difference between Arcane and Psionic.

Psychic magic is about manipulating emotional, spiritual and conceptual connections between different things.
>>
Say, Hippogriffs do not have a high enough int to be considered intelligent, does that mean its not against the rules on slavery to buy them or their eggs?
>>
>>52835162
>implying Psychic and Psionic aren't the same thing
So I guess Cryptics are Psychic classes too now. Granted Cryptic IS in an awkward place right now. Also the entirety of the Anathaism discipline.

The emphasis on the emotional, spirutal, conceptual shit was an ad-hoc thing used to justify Psionics now that Paizo moved in out. For fucks sake one of the core Psionic classes is the Psychic fucking Warrior. No one made the distinction until occult adventures.
>>
>>52835202

It's not against the rules, hell Griffins ARE intelligent and people sell their eggs or young all the time.
>>
>>52835202
They're magical beasts, so it'll probably be illegal in some places. But not for slavery reasons.
>>
>>52833466
That sounds like an awesome, bittersweet victory. You can build a statue of the dead character to commemorate him or her once Evil falls.
I like it.
>>
Would you try to sell your DM on a 3rd party archetype that you want purely because it is a strict upgrade mechanically from one he already allows?

On one hand, I only like asking for 3rd party when I need it for flavor reasons.
On the other I want a free extra attack per round.
>>
>>52835090
It's not that Phantom Blade is Magus+++... it's that Magus is a /shit/ class that only clings to Tier 3 because it's an Int-based Prepared Caster that can nova out buckletloads of damage. Phantom Blade is a Black Blade Magus that is Wis-based and can NEVER be disarmed, and it has a spell list that can actually do things other than kill shit
>>
>>52835228
We don't talk about cryptic, yes.

It might have been a retroactive decision, but it IS a decision now.

Psychic magic is internal on some level, and so is the Avowed: you're not drawing all your power from whatever you made a pact with, you're getting a seed of power and psychically growing your own abilities out of it, which is why you can never fall like a paladin.
>>
>>52835347
No. Convincing any of my GMs to allow any third party material at all is hard enough without making it seem like all I care about is power.
>>
>>52835228
just because the driving forces are similar (emotions, thoughts, willpower, etc.) doesn't mean they're the same thing.
psychic magic is mostly external, while psionics are completely internal.
psychic magic is the same kind of "lmao it's magic kiddo" bullshit as arcane, it's just that the reason it manifests is you being really upset or really wanting something to happen, instead of reciting arcane words like a wizard or just pulling a spell out of your ass like a sorcerer
this does mean psychic magic is slightly internal, but only a little
psionics is completely internal, you project your own power onto things and creatures, instead of manipulating "magic"

technically speaking a wizard actually has absolutely no power. it's like... the wizard controls power by using spells, but the psion HAS power, and he uses his OWN power when using psionics. the wizard simply has outside arcane forces do his bidding.
>>
>>52835347
I'd only do it if the class is trash normally. For example, if I wanted to play a Swashbuckler for some reason, I'd want a 3pp archetype that makes it a good class.
>>
>>52834775
>>52834775
The entire conception of the class was that it was Psychic, rather than Arcane like the Warlock. It's themed entirely around connections and bonds. That's why Symbiotic and Esoteric pacts CAN exist.
The mechanical difference between Psychic and Arcane magic is solely in its components. Spell-Like abilities don't normally even have those. In all honesty, we went with Thought and Verbal because Emotional components are just... bad design, and we didn't want to make a class which was unable to cast spells while under the effect of Inspire Courage. Only giving them a single component in Thought would have been odd (and probably gotten us into shit with the Perceptions of Power folks), so we decided on Verbal, as we felt it was the most thematic option - literally invoking the clauses of your contract, or calling upon the bond you had. We don't think that sharing a single component with Arcane and Divine spells makes it inherently an Arcane class.

>>52834859
The archetype as a whole came about because we were trying to decide what the class would be called. "Betrothed" was listed as a synonym for contracted, indebted, etc. It had different connotations, and we went "hell, maybe we could do a pet archetype focused on your patron called that".

>>52835228
To be fair, DSP had Psionics first. Then Psychic magic came along and stole a bunch of their ability names.
>>
>>52835347
What archetype, and the answer is probably "you're being a faggot".

>>52835365
Magus is a shit class because lots of little problems add up fast. Just looking at the base class it's completely fine, the issue is how all the parts interact and what goes on under the hood, on top of the fucking armor proficiencies and Scimitar bullshit.
>Arcana that do fucking nothing, or are just terrible and/or super expensive to use
>Spell list that is simultaneously only combat spells, yet doesn't even have good combat spell variety
>>
>>52835365
And how is that not "magus+++", anon?
>>
>>52833646
I use coconut oil and it goes really well! Stuff just slips right and then we can go to town!
>>
>>52835414
>Wizard makes the universe his bitch
>Psion operates outside of the universe's laws by sheer willpower
How come Psionics doesn't have a "you are completely immune to arcane spells" power?
>>
>>52835471
Because that's broken.

Psions and Wizards operate within the universes laws because MAGIC IS A PART OF THE UNIVERSE within the context of Pathfinder.
>>
>>52834885
>Guardian Spirit is having a Nymph waifu that occasionally talks to you or shows up to make sure you're doing okay.

This is my fetish
>>
>>52835435
Gunmetal mystic. The DM already said they are fine with 3rdp from ascention, which has the zen marksman. They both do the same thing, but gunmetal lets you stack rapid shot with flurry of blows using a gun.

>>52835426
Well the class is monk so
>>
>>52835505
wait so let me get this straight
you want to turn a zen archer from a longbow user to a firearm user
and you think you're getting an upgrade?

anon, i...
>>
Would a Bard that sounds like John Malkovich be good?
>>
>>52835501
Like DSP has any problem with making broken shit.
>>
>>52835519
Zen marksman not zen archer, marksman already uses guns.
>>
>>52835559
Anon I'm not sure if you know this but guns are total shit. There's no way any archetype exists for monk that makes a gun-based monk better than a zen archer. (Unless it's totally busted, of course)
>>
>>52835519
Two words.

x4 Crit.
>>
>>52835592
One word:
Misfire.

Oh, and another:
Reloading.
>>
>>52835592
id rather be making like 6 attacks with a longbow each at like 1d8+1d6+9 with 18-20/x3 crit chance at level 6
>>
>>52835592
Enjoy having to get Rapid Reload and Gunsmithing and Amateur Gunslinger just to have your overly expensive toy misfire on you.
>>
You guys think a build that can save-or-die at level 5 is OP?
Specifically, it disables on one turn, then CDG's the enemy next turn.
>>
>>52835342

He can't hold his wife's hand with marble fingers, anon.
>>
>>52835743
So a Witch with the Sleep Hex and a high-crit multiplier weapon?
>>
>>52835777
Oh, I know. It's fucking tragic, but all these neat stories have that sad edge to them somewhere. Plus now he can be avenged!
>>
>>52835779
Not at all, but basically the same approach.
>>
>>52835779
Scythe witch is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>52835455
Because Magus is pure shit. Phantom Blade is the real Magus
>>
>>52835503

Well congratulations, you've found your feat.

It's an exceptionally powerful one too, it gives you +1 skill points per level, +1 Will saves, and a constant two-way communication with your Patron, who is noted as showing up from time to time to keep up with your happenings.

Grab Guardian Spirit and you can now fluff most of your +6 skill clauses as your Patron guiding your mind or movement.
>>
>>52835822
This is super cute. Perfect for my Avowed//Cavalier!
>>
>Post paladin to Overlewd
>Backstory talks about how she was healing people
>Realize we're starting in Rusty Dagger Shanktown
WHY
>>
>>52835985

Don't give up on your waifu dreams!
>>
>>52835991

Healing Kits exist, you know.

Also sexual healing.
>>
>>52835814
now you're just trying to hurt me
>>
>>52836155

He's already doing more than the Magus ever could, than.
>>
>>52836174
CEASE
>>
>>52836198

The magus doesn't get that spell!
>>
New thread
>>52836240
>>52836240
>>52836240
>>52836240
>>52836240
>>
>>52836155
>>52836198

You know it in your heart to be true. Phantom Blade is a Wisdom-based Magus, and it's so goddamn better than the Magus that it hurts me too. All of the old classes hurt to look at, design-wise, in comparison to most of the Hybrid/Occult classes and the Vigilante, even if they do their job and they do it well. I will admit there are failures within the Hybrid and Occult classes, those being the Swashbuckler, Shaman, Psychic, Kineticist, and Medium, but the other classes are competently designed, some being actually really fun (Occultist comes to mind). I can't wait for a 3pp to go back and revise the old classes to actually be up to modern snuff
>>
>>52836247
why are we still just letting these generals get made
is there NOTHING we can do to stop earlyposting animefags?
>>
>>52836329
ignore the shit thread and post the actual thread?
>>
>>52836329

Because we're more interested in bitching about anime threads than actually making a non-anime thread.
>>
>>52836340
dueling generals is not the way to go
>>
>>52836368
Well the problem is that animefag makes his generals when we're on page 5-6, meaning if you want to beat him to it you gotta earlypost even harder, which is kind of not okay.
>>
>>52836369
>waaaah why do we keep having shitty anime girl threads
>no don't try to make a real thread that's cancer

yet another day of wanting to have your cake and eat it too
>>
>>52836369
Apparently it fucking is because otherwise we get one thread posted at page 6 with an anime OP. At least the thread topic isn't a baitpost.
>>
>>52836395
have you ever actually experienced dueling generals
it's fucking retarded, anon
and it doesn't solve anything
>>
>>52836395
>>52836407
Engaging in general duels will simply have us end up with animefag posting a new general at like 250 posts, eventually.
>>
>>52836422
Hey, you know what's great about that? Then we can report them and hopefully get a ban going.
>>
>>52835991
Use oracle levels! Cast spells!
>>
>>52834995
>>52835070
I just finished reading the Avowed, the Selfpact, and the Betrothed archetype. I'm disappointed to realize that they're incompatible, as you can only take the Betrothed archetype if you don't have an esoteric pact (which means no Selfpact).

If you were only not allowed to "just because" then maybe the DM could be convinced to allow an exception, but the Betrothed archetype makes you trade out your Pact Empowerments for Betrothed Empowerments and seeing as Betrothed Empowerments don't exist for Selfpact, the DM would probably need to homebrew custom Betrothed Empowerments (if they don't just let me keep the Pact Empowerments).

That's disappointing, this is a character for Overlewd so I don't think I can get an exception like that. I'll ask MaximumSleep about it, but I'm not very hopeful and should probably look into other options.
>>
>>52836475
Good thing I did

Snek is at the bottom of the apps
>>
File: 003 - yApuGRB.jpg (17KB, 542x468px) Image search: [Google]
003 - yApuGRB.jpg
17KB, 542x468px
>>52836492
>It's another "why can't Self Pact be a betrothed episode"
>can already hear the faint sound of Tav and Forrest REEEEE-ing in the distance
>>
>>52835996
I won't! I just need a game to run them in!
>>
>>52836499
Get Life Links and go to town feeding hp into your handsome party hunks, then let them feed you something else at camp each night, comprende?
>>
>>52836517
I didn't realize this was something that'd come up before. And here I was, thinking somebody running around with a version of themselves from an alternate timeline's future was novel. I'll probably pursue this idea using some other class though, which might be for the best anyway.
>>
File: 1374469620198.jpg (259KB, 1040x540px) Image search: [Google]
1374469620198.jpg
259KB, 1040x540px
>>52836565
>>
File: TM1A14F_Garlic-Bread_s4x3.jpg (2MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
TM1A14F_Garlic-Bread_s4x3.jpg
2MB, 4096x3072px
>>52836565

Like this?
>>
>>52836593
someone explain this meme to me
>>
>>52836593
Blue board, Anon! For shame
>>
>>52836605

In this context, the character should allow the handsome party hunks to feed her hot, delicious, fresh-baked garlic bread.
>>
>>52836640
>ywn party up with a handsome, muscular paladin who's a conscientious lover and bakes a mean bread

There's no reason to go on
>>
File: cha siu bao.jpg (44KB, 417x319px) Image search: [Google]
cha siu bao.jpg
44KB, 417x319px
>>52836684

But anon, what about getting some nice, steamy pork buns?
>>
>>52836761
>your Tian husbando will never pork you each night after a long day adventuring

This pain is too much. I must end it all.
>>
>>52836803
But anon...

I'd miss you. Don't go. Don't leave me alone.
>>
>>52836803

End it all? You mean order dessert?
>>
>>52836849
Thank you, Anon. I will stay, for now, if it makes you happy.
>>
>>52836873
>>52836865
I take it back; I'm leaping off the bridge tonight!
>>
>>52836873
It makes me h-

>>52836885
No! Then... Then I'll jump too! We couldn't be together in games, but we can be together in death!
>>
>>52836895
Our spirits can become one in death!
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.