[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 498
Thread images: 66

File: 1447800507323.jpg (420KB, 1001x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1447800507323.jpg
420KB, 1001x1600px
5th Edition D&D General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Skills:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-SkillFeats.pdf

>Make sure to fill out the official survey on Unearthed Arcana: Downtime:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/75fccdb56af9

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/... >>52810674
>>
File: 636271789409776659.png (228KB, 420x560px) Image search: [Google]
636271789409776659.png
228KB, 420x560px
First for downtime is rad and you should consider slowing down your campaign sometimes to allow for its use.
>>
>>52815971
is it wrong i want to fugg elric?
>>
Why did Wizards give the rights of the old modules to Goodman Games? Goodman Games is fucking terrible.
>>
>>52816012
Behind-the-scenes industry relations and bidding wars?
>>
>>52816003
What the fuck is wrong with that thing?
>>
>>52816028
They should've awarded it a company that actually produces good work, like Green Ronin.
>>
Is "Suffering" a good name for a dwarf city?
>>
>>52816006
nah. he was the misunderstood pretty boy before drizzt. He was significantly less popular however, which lead to less significant new players copying him in their dnd games.

That said he was described as a beautiful delicate flower with brooding eyes who gained supernatural strength from his weapon.

He could bone for days and you'd never get tired of those pretty... red(?) eyes.
>>
>>52816029
It's a halfing, they are wrong.
>>
>>52816039
I've only seen the Dragon Age rpg but never really played. Heard it was pretty bad.

Is the rest of their stuff better?
>>
>>52816116
Yeah, they did pretty good work with the Lower Planar books and the Book of the Righteous among others.
>>
>>52816012
>>52816028
>>52816116
>>52816246
But ideally Wizards should be the ones doing the converting, because let's face it the partnership with the other companies yielded less than stellar work.
>>
Is there a good reason not to go Eldritch Knight 3 / Arcane Trickster X? It seems like it could be fun and I can ready a Sneak Attack Booming Blade with action surge.
>>
>>52816737
Staying in melee instead of dancing in and out as a rogue sounds like it could be leathal
>>
>>52816003
My players don't want to take more than a day or two off adventuring.
>>
File: EXPLAIN.png (352KB, 441x362px) Image search: [Google]
EXPLAIN.png
352KB, 441x362px
>>52816044
>He was significantly less popular however, which lead to less significant new players copying him in their dnd games.
>Less popular
>The series that along with Tolkien and Poul Anderson IS HALF RESPONSIBLE FOR DnD ITSELF
>Music still being written about him decades after the saga was complete
>Comics adaptations still ongoing with immense budgets
>Tv series incoming in the next few years
>Less popular than Drizzt

Nigga please.
>>
>>52815971
>Previously, on /5eg/.
People don't know how to read the fucking book
>>
>>52816040
Depends on the city. Translate it to another language, something slavic or germanic, and see how it sounds.
>>
>>52816040
is your setting your DF fort? if that's the case, then yes, that's a really cheering name
>>
>>52816921
Currently
>>
Playing a Dark Elf order of the immortal Mystic if I remember the lore correctly the under dark has caused psions to be somewhat more common in their population.
>>
>>52816902
In all my 30 plus years of play very few know of and less read the Eric stuff. Drizzt brought in HUGH numbers of new players over the years. I hate seeing that 5th went out of it way to make the cones not as playable as he was in 2ed AD$D.
>>
>>52817018
>5th went out of it way to make the cones not as playable as he was in 2ed AD$D.
what do you mean?
>>
After the Mystic UA our DM has approved Overwhelming Attack as a 5th level spell for just about any class.
So, obviously, we're talking about playing as Snowwhite the Druidess and the 5 dwarven (halfling) assassins. Or having them as an opposing party.
The warlock might go with a polearm, the rogues will probably pick up the ranged fighting style somewhere along the way, but is there anything obvious that we're missing out on?
>>
>>52816902
Anderson and Moorcock both are significantly less known than Tolkien combined. It doesn't matter how influential they were for D&D, and while the average fantasy fan knows Drizzt Do'urden, only people who actually read a fair bit know anything about Elric of Melnibone. He just hasn't had an impact on pop culture, and the specific subculture is more niche than the relatively entry level fantasy works of R.A. Salvatore. Hell, the entire pop culture section is fantasy inspired music, like Blind Guardian, or just a name drop that could easily be coincidence if unconfirmed.
>>
>>52816999
>Not being a Duergar Immortal
>Not using their natural Enlarge spell in combonation with Giant Form to turn into a gargantuan dwarf and take up a 30x30 space

It's like you don't want to be cool.
>>
I've been DMing for 10 years and mostly dungeons and dragons. I've read plenty of pretty good fantasy books, including six or seven meh books from Gemmel.

I've never heard of Elric of Melnibone.
I've heard of Drizzt many times.

If only from the Acquisitions Incorporated podcasts/shows.
>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7CIGCMCtoETVmhDNEZMbUVweTg/view

The friends and I are going to give this a shot for a few sessions. I normally think that poisons are a fucking meme but if we can agree on some balanced house rules, they could be useful.
>>
>>52817062
>Anderson and Moorcock both are significantly less known than Tolkien combined
Of course, there's no dispute about that. Tolkien made the basis of what we understand as fantasy today. Moorcock built its antithesis. Anderson comes from a different school entirely that Moorcock based his works from.
>>
File: Elric by Aleksi Briclot.jpg (172KB, 681x960px) Image search: [Google]
Elric by Aleksi Briclot.jpg
172KB, 681x960px
>>52817072
>I've never heard of Elric of Melnibone.
>I've heard of Drizzt many times.
You're missing out then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzs2XwkxPA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCxL3-Fl7bM
>>52817062
>like Blind Guardian, or just a name drop that could easily be coincidence if unconfirmed.
Speaking of Blind Guardian, there ain't no coincidence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9oK1ozVul4
>>
>>52817072
You just haven't gone digging in the past.
People know the contemporary fantasy authors, but few of the old masters.
Go and read, you're in for a treat.
>>
>>52817114
>Speaking of Blind Guardian, there ain't no coincidence
Yes, i was saying that the music is often an indisuptable or direct reference, but most of the rest of the wikipedia pop culture stuff is
>These people are named Elric
>They said Stormbringer
It's not that they AREN'T or can't be references, but that they aren't part of the general consciousness, similar to all the math references in the Simpsons.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>52817072
>I've been DMing for 10 years

Del Rey or Gollancz editions
Literally, no excuse for not reading this in 2017.
>>
Is there a good option for an anti-magic character without using actual magic? I don't want my entire thing to be "I fight spellcasters" but would like to be at a bonus while fighting them.

I was thinking Gnome Monster Hunter and taking the Mage Slayer feat.

The other option is Ancients Paladin with a different Oath on it for roleplay. Issue is that aside from the aura none of the other abilities fit well and the DM doesn't like changing things mechanically.
>>
File: 3rd Party Content.png (119KB, 222x221px) Image search: [Google]
3rd Party Content.png
119KB, 222x221px
>>52817135
Monks eventually get proficiency in all saves, so casters can't just target their weak saves. Although monks also use "magic" depending on how you feel about weeaboo anime-ninja ki powers.
>>
>>52817155
Monk's one of my favorite classes but I really envision myself wearing armour on this guy and using a sword and shield. I'm still annoyed they gave us Scout and Cavalier in the kits of old and no Wizard Slayer fighter.

I'm not missing anything and Monster Slayer's the only Fighter that gets anything that fucks spellcasters right?
>>
>>52817130

>Yes, i was saying that the music is often an indisuptable or direct reference, but most of the rest of the wikipedia pop culture stuff is
Having a look at the pop culture link on the wikipedia article, it's a pretty direct list with almost no wiggle room except for maybe GoT and FMA.
>>
>>52817135
>Is there a good option for an anti-magic character without using actual magic
Is counterspell suddenly not a spell? No? Then I'm afraid it's still a caster thing.
>>
>>52817178
Alright, are there any Half-Casters that have access to Counter Spell?
>>
>>52817190
It's a sorcerer, warlock, and wizard spell. However Bards, Wu-Jen Mystics, Arcane Trickster Rogues, and Eldritch Knight Fighters can all pick it up via class features that allow them to learn other class's spells.
>>
>>52817173
I think the "Wizard Slayer" thing is rather hit or miss in subclass concepts. It's a bit of a thin concept, and both mechanically & thematically I don't know if there is ENOUGH to make an entire subclass about it.

But I might be wrong. What are great features you'd like to see, in 5e design, for a "wizard slayer" ? Apart from the already existant Mage Slayer feat, and the disadvantage on concentration checks ?
>>
File: 1474313334755.jpg (95KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474313334755.jpg
95KB, 960x720px
I just rolled a rogue for the first time with really strong starting stats.
I am really tempted to go arcane trickster because mage hand legerdemain shenanigans sound fun along with having some useful cantrips early.
Should I commit to arcane trickster or would it be better to just take the magic initiate feat?
>>
>>52817212
I was about to be rather upset and give up, but I was just checking and Redemption Paladins get it and a couple of other spells that are pretty good against Spellcasters.

I think I'll go for a Dexterity Redemption Paladin and refluff it.

>>52817234
Off the top of my head it would be something like casting Counterspell once or twice per short rest, resistance to spell damage, eventually getting the Yuan-ti ability, being able to detect magic, dealing extra force damage when you break someone's concentration and maybe even being able to cause an aura of anti magic at high levels.

I guess I'd personally not just give them the spells and instead give them a similar ability that's slightly stronger or weaker.

Also because they're fond of Superiority Dice on Fighters I imagine the Counterspell, Dispel Magic and Magic Detection would all be that. Most likely with one that just increase your damage as well.
>>
>>52817271
Reminder that the Silence spell also shuts down alot of casters, it's the Cleric/Bard/Ranger answer to arcane casters.
>>
If I have my players choose their starting stats from a number of pre-arranged arrays, what should the sum total value of a given array be?
>>
>>52817319
Silence is objectively worse though.
>>
>>52817340
27 point buy
>>
>>52817354
Debatable, counterspell works once, silence lasts up to 10 minutes.

Yeah... it's pretty much worse though.
>>
>>52817340

69 (15,15,15,8,8,8) for the min and 75 (13,13,13,12,12,12) for the max. The more 'optimum' the built, the lower the overall stats.
>>
File: thinkfire.png (11KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thinkfire.png
11KB, 112x112px
Why don't attacks from things such as a Red Dragon's tail move the PC's x number of feet after being hit?

Am I missing something here? I feel like this would add to the impact of you getting hit and make combat more dynamic and interactive.
>>
>>52817340
>>52817390

The nominal spread is 72 (15,14,13,12,10,8)
>>
>>52817397
Nothing is stopping you from adding STR/CON saving throws on those attacks against being swung across the room by the hit
>>
>>52817411
Oh, for sure, I was just curious if this was a thing in previous editions. I've DMed and played 5e, but only played 3.5 otherwise.
>>
>>52817397
Because people who know how to fight avoid getting knocked around by bracing for impacts or relaxing into them to avoid being thrown.

That is a thing you know.
>>
>Paladin's can't bow smite.

At first I thought it was because they could 600 foot bow smite... but anyone else can use their super burst damage with a bow. Is there a real reason or are they just trying to force the idea Rangers use bows and Paladins use swords?
>>
>>52817354
Silence has definitely not the same usage than Counterspell/Dispell magic, and it's also a ritual... I don't think they're comparable. It's just a different tool.

>>52817271
>>52817319
Alright you got my creative juices flowing. I'll try to put something together in the afternoon. Seems easy enough.

The only thing I hate with these "superiority dice" fighter archetypes is the lack of fun features after 7th. Like, 10th 15th and 18th features are only Improved Superiority Dice and Relentless... The latter being pretty shit.
I assume it's balanced with the Fighter scaling with extra attacks... but it's hard to fit every thematic features in two subclass features, if you go the superiorty dice route.
>>
>>52817431
Rangers can use melee good
>>
>>52817429
Sure, against things maybe a size category above them, but I'd find it hard to believe even in fantasy for a human fighter to hold his ground against the swipe of an Ancient Gold Dragon tail.
>>
>>52817436
Yeah Rangers work fine in melee but they can't pick up GWF and their high level special spells are all Archery ones. They don't get any "You can make two melee weapon attacks as a bonus action".
>>
>>52817431
That's what it looks like.
>>
>>52817390
>>52817400

Thanks, bros. I'm thinking of having some arrays that are plain but stable (8-13 range) and some that are extreme (5-18). It will be interesting to see what players choose.
>>
>>52813776
Thoughts?

Also, outsiders, how do you use them?
>>
>>52817419
It was in 4e.
But then almost every attack had some sort of secondary effect in 4e.
>>
Other then multiclassing UA is this a good idea.

Champion 3 / Horizon Walker X, I want to be able to make an awesome burst round with 6 of teleportation and 6 Greatsword Attacks.
>>
What constitutes a "small knife" from the urchin background? A dagger?
>>
What's a better reason for an Eldritch Knight to have his powers;
>being soul bound to a witch he killed
>having traded his soul to a deity?
Other better suggestions much welcome.
>>
Anyone have a good idea for a Minotaur Fighter? Mechanically I plan to get Shield Master and shove everyone prone before smashing them with 1d10+5+2 attacks.

I'm just wondering what a good background would be.
>>
>>52817581
I'd assume a knife for cutting, with a one sided blade
>>
>>52817611
Both of those are really Warlock-y backgrounds. Eldritch Knights mostly get their power from studying like Wizards, so reading a book and learning.

That's just my interpretation though, do whatever.
>>
>>52817611
Well those are quite dark. Why not just say he was assigned to protect a wizard during a battle, became his squire/servant and ended up learning a few tricks in his service.
>>
>>52817627
That's the actual phb interpretation
>>
>>52815971
Why is OSR art so much cooler than modern day art?
>>
>>52817693
Same
>>
>>52817611
You went full warlock/antipaladin.
>>
>>52817611
>being soul bound to a witch he killed
>>52817627
Sounds more Sorcerer
>>
>>52817745
Depends on what he means by Witch. If it's an average spellcaster living in the Forest cackling to herself, he's fucking nothing.

I think it could fit both Warlock and Sorcerer but because he killed her before absorbing her power it would make sense to be someone with at least basic weapon training.
>>
>>52817745
They've gone and muddled sorc and warlock anyway
>>
>>52817745
Sorcerer fluff is really all over the place. In my games I make it blood.

If the power is from your parents, ancestors or you've had a magical element exposed to your blood, you're a Sorcerer. It's something in you that doesn't go away.
>>
New player here

I know Eldritch Blast is best used by a Warlock, but I think it'd still be a good damage cantrip for a Sorcerer. Could I do better, or does that work?
>>
File: 1449978220202.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1449978220202.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>52815971
>mfw a player makes a warlock of the great old one because he doesn't want to make a pact with an evil entity

it was his first time playing and pretty much everyone in the party found it somehow difficult to make a back story so I wrote them all.
his was that his character grew up rich kid who wanted to be a man at arms but as he grew up he lost intrest and decided he wanted to take up magic, but seeing as he up until now had no practice and didn't want to study for years and years to become a wizard, he looked for a quick way to gain power and accepted power from a cultist he knew nothing about. his patron is a world eating cosmic entity that seeks knowledge, people can assess parts of it's knowledge, by linking to it and the entity won't really know as he is connected to so many beings but if someone linked to it was learn of something the entity didn't know of he would travel towards the planet they inhabit at a modest light speed to consume the entire planet for it's information.

his character arc was understanding the responciblity he has and whether the risk is worth the power.

>tl;dl: demons and devils are evil, the great old ones are evil incarnate.
>>
>>52817072
What the fuck?!

Elric is the blueprint behind literally every edgy superhuman anti-hero out there, either directly or indirectly. He's the archetypal angsty teenage power fantasy.
>>
>>52817840
Well its not on the sorcerer spell list so you would need to waste an ASI to get it as a pure sorcerer. Its not much better than Firebolt so isn't really worth spending a feat on.

If you want to use it then it is best to just dip 2 levels into Warlock to get the invocation.
>>
>>52817840

It technically works, but without a couple of levels of warlock you'd basically be spending an ASI on magic initiate for 1d10 force damage. It's better than the 1d10 fire damage firebolt gives you, but whether it's worth the ASI is another matter. Personally I'd be more inclined toward a warlock/sorc multiclass as the agonising blast invocation gives you +cha to every eldritch blast attack, and EB scales by increasing the number of attacks you make with each cast (so that by level 17 you're throwing out 4*(1d10+5) force damage, assuming you hit with everything).
>>
>>52817867
...Demons, Yugoloths and Devils ARE evil incarnate. The GOO pact is basically described as "Who knows".
>>
>>52817901
5e purposly misleads and leaves it unformitive so people will look it up and see that they fucked up if avoiding evil beings were their intention.

aren't you familiar with lovecraftian lore?
>>
>>52817784
I mean, one of the examples in the book for wild magic is someone getting exposed to Limbo through a planar portal so it doesn't have to be ancestry specifically. At some point i'm gonna make me a pyromancer who just accidentally into the plane of fire and lived somehow. No lead up about where he got his powers, he just gots em.
>>
File: The-Last-Witch-Hunter-KA-2.jpg (26KB, 266x394px) Image search: [Google]
The-Last-Witch-Hunter-KA-2.jpg
26KB, 266x394px
>>52817611
>>being soul bound to a witch he killed
?
>>
>>52817910
>aren't you familiar with lovecraftian lore?
From our perspective, most of them are evil but by their own morality they're doin nothing wrong. But the problem is that most people don't actually know great old ones or elder gods so guys like Yog-Sothoth, who have no discernable rhyme or reason, are construed as neutral.
>>
>>52817910
Oh yes, but I'm taking issue with your las sentence.
GOOs might be evil, or not, or literally be above that, but unless you make them titanic fiends they aren't evil incarnate. They are more like inevitable living cosmological disasters.
>>
Anyone knows of any fey in that lives in the underdark?
>>
If they can't have both, is it better for a melee Cleric to start with 16 STR or 16 WIS?
>>
I see Great Weapon Fighting feat a lot around here.
Is it really good? Is it the most damage a Barbarian can do?
>>
File: dndforward.png (146KB, 496x755px) Image search: [Google]
dndforward.png
146KB, 496x755px
>>52816902
>Tolkien
Okay, back the fuck up.This shit needs to stop. The idea that Tolkien and LotR were the largest influence on D&D, that they are somehow archetypical examples of D&D clichés, or that it was the reason for D&D's creation is bullshit. Tolkien's influence--not on D&D, but on the players--has been one of the primary causes of suckiness in D&D for decades.

Let's hear it from Gygax himself:
>Obviously, Professor Tolkien did not create the whole of his fantasies from within. They draw upon mythology and folklore rather heavily, with a few highly interesting creations which belong solely to the author such as the Nazgul, the Balrog, and Tom Bombadil. All of the other creatures are found in fairy tales by the score and dozens of other excellent writers who create fantasy works themselves: besides Howard whom I already mentioned, there are the likes of Poul Anderson, L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt, Fritz Leiber, H.P. Lovecraft, A. Merritt, Michael Moorcock, Jack Vance, and Roger Zelazny -- there are many more, and the omission of their names here is more of an oversight than a slight.
>In the creation of Chainmail and Dungeons & Dragons the concepts of not a few of such authors were drawn upon. This is principally due to the different aims of a fantasy novel (or series of novels) and a rule book for fantasy games. The former creation is to amuse and entertain the reader through the means of the story and its characters, while the latter creates characters and possibly a story which the readers then employ to amuse themselves. In general the "Ring Trilogy" is not fast paced, and outside the framework of the tale many of Tolkien's creatures are not very exciting or different.

In fewer words: Lord of the Rings is slow and not that inventive. It was one of many influences, and not the greatest. Making a game in the style of Lord of the Rings would suck.
>>
>>52816003
Halflings are hideous. I'm tempted to make a paladin that's hell-bent on exterminating them.

Also what is the coolest race and why is it Tieflings?
>>
>>52818017
>Nature cleric
>Shillelagh

Wis
>>
>>52817919
Fuck, is that the plot to the movie? Never seen it.
>>
>>52818022
+10 damage per hit is huge, if you can reliably make those hits!
>>
>>52818046
I'm playing a Minotaur Forge Cleric though...
>>
>>52818043
Is this nigga serious?
>>
>>52818059

Maybe say that next time, ya dunce.

In that case STR and focus on buffs and shit.
>>
>>52818069
Thank you uwu
>>
>>52818064
100$ serious. Fight me.
>>
File: photo_2017-04-21_16-08-20.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-04-21_16-08-20.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>52818043
You can't be serious.
>>
>>52818094
>says the guy posting furry reaction images
>>
File: mars.jpg (239KB, 600x566px) Image search: [Google]
mars.jpg
239KB, 600x566px
>>52818041
Here's some more Gygax on the subject:
>Tolkien includes a number of heroic figures, but they are not of the "Conan" stamp. They are not larger-than-life swashbucklers who fear neither monster nor magic. His wizards are either ineffectual or else they lurk in their strongholds working magic spells which seem to have little if any effect while their gross and stupid minions bungle their plans for supremacy. Religion with its attendant gods and priests he includes not at all. These considerations, as well as a comparison of the creatures of Tolkien's writings with the models they were drawn from (or with a hypothetical counterpart desirable from a wargame standpoint) were in mind when Chainmail and Dungeons & Dragons were created.
>Take several of Tolkien's heroic figures for example. Would a participant in a fantasy game more readily identify with Bard of Dale? Aragorn? Frodo Baggins? or would he rather relate to Conan, Fafhrd, the Grey Mouser, or Elric of Melnibone? The answer seems all too obvious.

Translation: Lord of the Rings is BORING, its heroes are SHIT, and if you're DMing or playing a game where all your Fighters are Gimli instead of Conan or those parts of the movies where Legolas shield surfs and solos an oliphant because he can double jump and climb up a bridge even as it's falling, you're DOING IT WRONG.

D&D Wizards fly, teleport, polymorph, and shoot fire and lightning.
Gandalf makes precariously-balanced rocks fall.

On the martial side of things, you are supposed to be John Carter, the strongest man on the planet, jumping 80 feet into the air and kicking four-armed yetis through three sand dunes before hitching a ride on an flying, neon-colored manta ray and rescuing the scantily-clad princess from the clutches of crazy psychic bug-people, sailing off to a city with skyscrapers made from the hollowed-out bones of a long-dead spacewhale,
not a grungy hobbit from Dirtsylvania with even odds of dying to a wolf or three rats.
>>
File: photo_2017-04-21_19-30-28.jpg (54KB, 746x552px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-04-21_19-30-28.jpg
54KB, 746x552px
>>52818100
I'm deadly serious.
>>
>>52818105
If you're implying my post was egdy, it was unintentional. I was making a joke at how halflings are now uglier versions of dwarves for the most part. Like originally they were short, smaller people. Not fucking chibi come to life. Also I am just a fan of Tieflings. I didn't wanna say best race because charisma isn't always good.
>>
File: 1491720688176.jpg (61KB, 747x731px) Image search: [Google]
1491720688176.jpg
61KB, 747x731px
>>52818128
It's more of the fact 99.9% of people who like Tieflings are complete edge lords. You might not be, but it's safer to assume you are.

If not I'm sorry, if so then refer to my happy dog image.

Also I will agree to the fact Halflings are fucked in this edition.
>>
>>52817135
V.human Assassin with Alert Feat. Win initiative then Assassinate mage. They arent very magical if they never get to cast any spells because you assassinated them.
>>
>>52818104
>Would a participant in a fantasy game more readily identify with Bard of Dale? Aragorn? Frodo Baggins? or would he rather relate to Conan, Fafhrd, the Grey Mouser, or Elric of Melnibone? The answer seems all too obvious.
The irony.
>>
>>52818161
Yeah, I don't think many young players even know of the Grey Mouser.
Hells, I learned about his existence in /tg/ this month.
>>
>>52818143
My fault for posting a shitty joke and a vague statement. Although I like Warlocks and such, I try not to make them downers, unless it makes sense of course. Like a Warlock with a pact with a Great Old One probably wouldn't be the most cheerful fellow.
>>
File: 1.jpg (314KB, 1200x984px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
314KB, 1200x984px
>tfw all the shitposting yesterday lead you to some top notch faps.

Is it weird that I kinda wanna roll a (nonlewd) halfling character now? It seems like it would be fun to do the whole WOW, WE NEVER HAD ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN THE SHIRE and so on.
>>
>>52818041
>>52818104
Based Gygax.
>Gandalf makes precariously-balanced rocks fall.
Holy shit. This. When was the last time anyone bothered to pick up Lotr and read the damn thing?
>>
>>52818245
Vera > Alfie
>>
>>52818245
It's gonne be weird if you make it weird. And you will always know what the character is based on, so good luck not making it weird.
>>
>>52818081
Only 93,43 euro srs? I'm not getting out of my bed for that.
Because I'm sick as fuck.
>>
File: CEDEC Presentation A Question.jpg (439KB, 1918x1910px) Image search: [Google]
CEDEC Presentation A Question.jpg
439KB, 1918x1910px
So I played D&D for the first time ever last night (I've played all the infinity engine games and been a fan of the PA podcast but never actually had a group of friends that were into this type of thing) DMing the first part of the starter set adventure for my younger sisters.

And although I'd spent plenty of time preparing by reading the rules and adventure before hand, I still felt pretty unprepared when we actually started the session. They still enjoyed themselves but I felt it could have gone smoother from my end. I think for next time I'll have some maps prepared and the planned encounters written out before hand, anyone have any other useful prep tips for a compete novice?
>>
>>52818245
Halflings don't have pointy ears...
>>
File: mad wrestler.gif (980KB, 202x202px) Image search: [Google]
mad wrestler.gif
980KB, 202x202px
>>52818043
>Halflings are hideous
FINALLY, someone who shares my enlightened ta-
>what is the coolest race and why is it Tieflings?
I am physically repulsed by you.
>>
>>52818303
They also don't exist.
>>
>>52817617
Since you plan on using the minotaur from the UA (I assume) just take the sailor, it matches the Lore
>>
>>52818297
You did about as expected of a first timer. If you guys had fun, it's the best outcome.

For tips, you could try picking up an adventure module, and either just use it, or use that as a guideline to prepare stuff.

Also, don't overprepare, and be ready to improvise. I feel that knowing rules mostly by heart can give you a good sense of safety on what is reasonable to pull out of your ass, and what is too much.
>>
>>52818304
You're telling me you don't like this, then? How?
>>
>>52818330
>Normie hume with horns and tail

Try some real xenophilia, you pleb
>>
>>52818338
I know right, where's the hooves, the claws and the 5 foot horse schlong
>>
File: 770191741.jpg (99KB, 640x540px) Image search: [Google]
770191741.jpg
99KB, 640x540px
>>52818352
Hooves are hot.
>>
File: 1473664029084.jpg (962KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473664029084.jpg
962KB, 1200x1200px
>>52818330

>>52818338
That is a Tiefling you oaf. Not a fucking Cambion.
>>
>>52818366
What you posted looks more like a cambion than tiefling anyways.
>>
>>52818352
On /d/, that's where
>>
>>52816003
I want to see how Incase would draw this creature.
>>
>>52818330
It's not that I don't like it; I just take take issue with the implication that Tieflings are the 'coolest race'. I get that 'coolness' is subjective an all, but come on, that's just far too edgy.

Call me boring, but in my very personal opinion that is in no way prescriptive of anyone else's, I find humans and dragonborn to be the 'coolest'..
>>
>>52818297
get yourself some sites that take some of the burden of you i.e.
https://www.dnd-spells.com/
http://redkatart.com/dnd5tools/
http://kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder

Else if you are doing a published adventure read it completely before you play so you understand the big story arc.
And having a few encounters prepared wont hurt, but in the starter set you have most encounters listed or the random encounter table. (if rolling something up take the time to put it in koboldfightclub or calculate the difficulty by hand, the encounters are sometimes greatly overpowered)
>>
File: Female_Tiefling.jpg (139KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Female_Tiefling.jpg
139KB, 800x800px
>>52818366
How exactly do you figure? I know generic Tieflings look like this, but according to the books, they can vary widely in appearance.
>>
Itt: shit taste and halfling porn
>>
>>52816003
Does hydrocephalus give bards any bonuses?
>>
>>52816003
Billy quizboy?
>>
File: TieflingTraits.png (147KB, 407x153px) Image search: [Google]
TieflingTraits.png
147KB, 407x153px
>>52818465
AFAICT, you can opt for human appearance and then add 2-5 of the traits in SCAG. If you choose any of them, all the traits in the PHB get dropped. This lets you play as a whole bunch of races not presently RAW.
>>
>>52817901
>>52817910
Great Old Ones are generally construed as being quite literally above the confines of morality, they're fundamentally deities in the sense of 'there is no right and wrong as soon as I am involved'.
>>
Every party I join I'm just bored to tears by the way the DM tells a story, his inability to let people roleplay, the uninspired encounters and his completely obvious story points.

I'm thinking of trying out being a DM, but I can only play online, so I wanna get it down to an art form by the time it starts up. Are there any good places to read up on tips and tricks?
>>
>>52818533
Does casting no shadow include the shadows you normally cast over yourself, like under the chin and arms? I'm struggling to imagine what that would look like.
>>
File: 1486459237841.jpg (50KB, 485x544px) Image search: [Google]
1486459237841.jpg
50KB, 485x544px
>DM says he's allowing homebrew
>But I can't use a race if I made it myself
>>
>>52818468
If only we actually got the halfling porn, it'd make ignoring the tiefling pleb easier.
>>
>>52818588
Post it on one of the shitty homebrew sites and say you found something close to what you wanted.
>>
>>52818588
Let me guess, you the mindflayer guy?
>>
>>52818588
Post it anon, then go WOW lOOK AT THIS OC I FOUND IT IS PERFECT.
>>
>>52818586
Imagine your character art, but unfinished and unshaded. Probably that.
>>
>>52817867
If he wants to avoid a pact with an evil patron, why not just use Undying Light? Or even a pact with a good-aligned fey? If anything I'd say great old one is closest to fiend on the morality spectrum of warlock patrons
>>
>>52818366
Is it bad if I actually think Tibalt was a well done example of a Chaotic Stupid villain?
>>
>>52818588
Just pull some overpowered garbage from dandwiki or minmaxboards or something and make him rue the day
>>
File: 1492580986598.jpg (122KB, 885x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1492580986598.jpg
122KB, 885x1224px
Everyone has heard this a thousand times but can someone please recommend me a build which will make sure that I dominate in melee combat.

Last time I played 5th edition I was cleric of healing and things were hella boring. Also it must be only the stuff found in the phb.

I was thinking a half-orc barbarian with a great sword and the great weapon master feat.

Help me /5eg/ you are my only hope.
>>
>>52818271

Vera's a bitch who lives a life she hates in the name of doing it for her daughter, who clearly also hates it. She could have left *with* her daughter anytime.
>>
File: 1476152359850.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1476152359850.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>52818662
>This

Good to see someone else actually payed attention to the in-between sex parts.
>>
>>52818646
Paladin, Vengeance, Pole Arm Master, use a Quaterstaff in one hand with a shield in the other then get the sentinel feat.
>>
How good is arcana cleric?
>>
>>52818753
Pretty good, the extra cantrips are good, the channel divinity could be good, and there are some solid spells that come with the domain.
>>
>>52818551
>there is no right and wrong as soon as I am involved
I'm still labeling them NE and CE. I don't give a shit if they have their own morality of their own dimension, they're in ours causing massive amounts of suffering to all for no good reason. By our alignment charts, the ones that matter, they're evil unless they actually do fucking nothing like Yoggy or are entirely unaligned because they don't have the int for it like Azathoth.
>>
My level 6 Thief Rogue just came into possession of a Homunculus that I'm keeping as a pet. What can I do to keep it alive?

It currently hides in my pack during combat, but I'm worried about AoE attacks. Next level I get Evasion, which helps, but it's still only got 5hp. I was already thinking about putting some levels into Ranger, can I give it some buffs to make it my Companion?
Or should I focus on finding a way to bring it back if it inevitably dies?
>>
Anyone else find the 5e books to have a bad smell?
>>
>>52818753
The fact you can get damage cantrips that work with Potent Spell casting that aren't just Sacred Flame is pretty good
>>
>>52818840
What if they're constantly giving gifts that they believe are for mortals' benefit, but there's some twist that often leads to suffering?
Either because of their incomprehension of what we enjoy, or because we can't understand how to correctly use them?
>>
>>52818844
Ranger won't make it a companion, even pact of the chain doesn't give it any kind of bonus.

Basically you need to talk to your DM and ask if him being on your person allows him to be damaged by AoE abilities.

If he is, then you need to just be responsible, have him hang back and keep to the shadows and stay safe.
>>
>>52818840
It's not morality of their own dimension, it's that they don't have morality. If you use Detect Evil it doesn't ping on them. By your alignment charts it doesn't actually apply, it's like trying to use one dimensional geometry to describe a sphere - literally not possible.
>>
File: IMG_7222.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7222.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
>>52817581
>>
>>52818662
Alfie's a slut with even less idea what she's doing with her life
>>
File: GITH.png (376KB, 605x685px) Image search: [Google]
GITH.png
376KB, 605x685px
how do you make the githyanki a playable 5e race? what ability scores get a bonus and what features do they get?
>>
>>52818753
Works great and Melee Arcana Cleric one of the most effective single classed meme builds.
>>
What happens to a revenant when he fails his quest so utterly there's no way he can accomplish it anymore?
Like if it was to protect something and that something was disintegrated?
>>
>>52818870
>sentient monkey's paw
That's actually a good one.
Intention's good
Actions are evil
Actions are more important in the grand majority of cases. Neutral at best, more evil the longer it goes on.
>>
>>52818878
Pretty much my strategy so far. Thanks
>>
>>52818840
>They're chaotic evil
>Even though they are more akin to forces of nature
>>52818879

Then again it's your setting and if you want be seen as That DM for doing exactly what the player was trying to avoid I guess more power to you.
>>
File: Outdated EVIL.png (60KB, 330x418px) Image search: [Google]
Outdated EVIL.png
60KB, 330x418px
>>52818870
>>52818928
If we refer to the BoVD, then their actions aren't evil, for evil requires knowledge of the posible consequences.
>>
>>52818853
Nah, but they taste pretty bad.
>>
>>52818913
I'm not well-versed in lore, but aren't Gith essentially humans?
>>
>>52818879
Yes but the portion of the sphere in the space could be described as a circle.

It doesn't matter what it is in its own dimension, but when forced into this lower reality, the rules try and encyst it in a layer of morality. Like an oyster coating a grain of sand with layers of pearl.
It may not fit exactly, but you still end up with entities like Tharizdun, Ghaunadar, Zargon, and Dendar classified as having alignments.

(Also they would be detectable by that spell, because now it pings on things not native to the Prime: Aberrations, Celestials, Elementals, Fiends, Fey and Undead.)
>>
>>52818917
I think they have one year to complete what ever task it is they came back.

>>52818901
Slut she maybe atleast she was ballsy enough to leave instead of keep lying to herself and stay in a life she hated. Then took it out on everyone around her and rationalized it as "I'm doing it for x"
>>
>>52818956
Must be taking a page out of Nintendo's book. Too many 'tards snacking on the PHB at the table.
>>
>>52818917
He probably dies then. That's the deal, he has one year to do the thing he was meant to do, but if he can't do that thing anymore then he can't live.
>>
>>52818966
>Yes but the portion of the sphere in the space could be described as a circle.
And yet a Circle is not a Sphere, and attempting to describe either in one dimensional geometry remains impossible.

>(Also they would be detectable by that spell, because now it pings on things not native to the Prime: Aberrations, Celestials, Elementals, Fiends, Fey and Undead.)
wtf since when
You know what I've had it up to here with the alignment system.
>>
>>52818956
I think its the all-covering ink.
Shit's nasty and smells when exposed humidity.
>>52818853
Dry that shit.
>>
>>52818917
RAW I think they die.

Personally I'd make his new quest to be to kill the guy who disintegrated it.
>>
>>52818879
We'd be arguing fanfics if I were to continue considering that I cannot recall a single time any good, canon shit has gone into how the realms of the elder gods and great old ones function which we should probably be thankful for. and whether they do have their own, extradimensional code of ethics or not. Also 5e detect good and evil doesn't work like that.
>>52818953
More evil the longer it goes on simply because it should figure out that giving people tentacles, while radical, is not good for their health at some point.
>>
>>52818964
Yeah, but changed heavily.

Personally I'd make Gith +2 Dex given their lanky build and MM stats, give them the Darkvision of the 2e playable one, and give them standard delayed magic based on the MM lists.

Also maybe a Gith Weapon Training trait, giving them all access to swords of various types.
>>
>>52818986
>wtf since when
Since read the god damn fucking book.

Detect good and evil isn't a morality scanner anymore.
>>
>>52818712
Looking for something more level 1ish. Since my DM barley gives out XP.
>>
>>52818913
Looking at the 5e githyanki monster stats, completely independent from their dedicated roles, they have reasonably high int and wis. Knights and fighters would obviously have more str than a normal human but there isn't a good reason other than racial background for such stats. Likely +2 int for base gith, githyanki get +1 str, githzerai get +1 wis.
>>
>>52819004
Looks like you've got something, then. +2 Dex, Darkvision, some kind of magic, and special weapons training.
>>
>>52819012
you're not gonna have any kind of OP character at level 1. Most people start characters at level 3 because you don't get any real character definition until then.
>>
>>52819000
>whether they do have their own, extradimensional code of ethics
Well if they exist beyond mortal comprehension...

>>52819011
Why is it still called that then
>>
>>52819012
That's like a level 4 build, but okay.

Human Barbarian with GWM.
>>
>>52818964
Fuckers with enough mental fortitude to both survive in the Astral Plane and motherfucking Limbo.
>>
File: Detect.png (76KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
Detect.png
76KB, 475x360px
>>52818986
Since 5e.

And yeah, while the sphere is not a circle, the portion of it that is being extruded into 2 dimensional space generally appears to be, acts like, and would be perceived to be a circle.

It's just that the sphere could then move it about and change it.

So in alignment terms, they may act Chaotic Evil, but the thing could choose at any point to suddenly change alignment as if it was a natural thing to do.
>>
>>52817611
Got in to wizard school on an athletic scholarship but didn't apply himself enough to get into grad school
>>
>>52818972
>Abandoning your child because you can't deal with stuffy neighbors
This faggot right here
>>
>>52819039
Fireball doesn't make a ball of fire. It makes a bead that explodes when thrown. Don't make assumptions that something's the same as older editions when this is a different one.
>>
>>52819057
So he's a nigger?
>>
>>52819063
>Fireball doesn't make a ball of fire
But it does, after it hits something.
>>
>>52818646
Half Orc Barb greatsword is pretty good, but it's all damage and nothing else.

Fighter I am a big fan of with a level 1 feat. Warhammer, Shield, Dueling at level 1, shield master for Bonus Action shove.

Your melee allies will be getting advantage and you will kill things quick, level 3 has your disarms and good utility shit.

>>52818712
This if you want maximum cheese.
>>
>>52818964
They're a former mutated slave race of illithids. It's unclear what they were before, and it's so distant as to not matter anymore
>>
>>52818964
no i think there more like sailors on the astral sea, and then the illithids fucked them over for a long time and now they're psychic raiders and warriors. they kill illithids as a right of passage
>>
>>52818646
Barbs are boring. Fighters kill better and have more things to do.
>>
>>52818986
Alignment is now not important for anything (Except dying horribly to artifacts of good/evil).
You can get a redeemed cambion that will still ping as evil because it's partly made of evil.
>>
File: 4e_githyanki.jpg (162KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
4e_githyanki.jpg
162KB, 640x400px
>>
>>52819099
They were slaves first. The People had their senses awakened by some guy called Zerthimon and were able to lead a full uprising against the mind flayers somehow. Theory says that the illithids just fucked off to the point where they could win. Then they split into two sects, githyanki: pirates on the astral sea who actively hunt mindflayers and fight like bastards, and githzerai: monks on the outer plane of Limbo who are at peace with themselves and the world around them.
>>
>>52819112
Some of the UA barb archetypes seem pretty cool.
Like the storm one and divine warrior.
>>
>>52819099
They were something, then illithids got a hold of them, mutated them what into they are now and made them slaves. They broke free while lead by a revolutionary named Gith, but she(?) was a crazy warlord and everyone didn't agree with her ways. The ones that did agree with her named themselves githyanki and became astral sea pirates, the ones that didn't were named githzerai and followed some guy named Zerthimon to the elemental chaos to reflect on the nature of existence, because they're fucking weirdos like that. They hate each other and will stab you to death if you mistake one for the other, but physically they're pretty much identical. All their differences are cultural.
>>
File: YeOldeISHYGDDT.jpg (5KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
YeOldeISHYGDDT.jpg
5KB, 125x125px
>>52819170
>allowing UA
>>
I want to play a character that is impersonating a cleric. Would arcane trickster work for this?
How can I get enough healing/protection spells to keep up the charade?
>>
>>52819145
>>52819178
Also the githyanki are led by a lich queen, who I assume is Gith herself still fucking around
>>
>>52819178
Githyanki have a lich queen leader that did want to kill not only all illithids but any race that could potentially enslave them again. The Githzerai said that's fucking evil and left allowing some illithids to escape. The Githyanki have been at war with everyone since then while zerai stay in Limbo being neato psychics.
>>
How does Psionic Mastery work?
You get "special points" that you can spend on your powers like usual, but you can use them to concentrate on multiple things at once?
But if you start concentrating on something using your regular points instead then the conc on the previous ones end?
Can you use it to get the points right after a rest so you have them ready for combat and don't need to waste your action?
>>
>>52819194
How is WotC going to turn playtest materials into official supplements if no-one actually playtests them? Letting UA on the table - and then taking that feedback back to Wizards - helps everyone in the long term.
Only reason I can see someone not allowing UA at the table is if the PCs are fuckface powergamers who want to break the game at every given opportunity "for the lulz".
>>
How do you describe legendary resistance?
>>
>>52819194
Why wouldn't you? You can just filter out the shit ones
>>
>>52819145
>githzerai: monks on the outer plane of Limbo who are at peace with themselves and the world around them.
Githzerai still kill mindflayers, because fuck those guys, and they won't exactly be hospitable to githyanki. They just aren't full genocidal lunatics
>>
>>52819265
Oh, and since the feature itself is just "use an action to get the points" and you get multiple uses does that mean you can spam it early in the morning and get an extra 44 points to concentrate on a shitload of stuff at once?
>>
>>52819273
The same way you usually describe something passing a save?
>>
Can you consider 5th edition to be broken?
>>
>>52819300
Yes. I already glued the book back together once and it's coming apart again.
>>
>>52819056
I actually read a cool thing once where a guy theorized that the reason Lovecraft-style Great Old Ones are usually seen as having tentacles is because that's how a two-dimensional viewer would perceive a three-dimensional person trying to enter their world.
>>
>>52819266
By getting actual in house testers. Public feedback is what removed all the cool stuff 5e could've had and gave us this bland version
It's not like they could realistically expect decent feedback in ther month of time till they pop up the next batch
>>52819274
Because most of it are the shit ones. Doesn't matter for one-shots, but they just fuck up anything long term
>>
>>52819178
>>52819145
>>52819212
thanks for the clarification. if you had to give them ability score improvements as a player race, what would they be?

i wanna say the Githyanki get +2 STR, +1 INT
and they keep the innate spellcasting from the Monster Manuel.

the Githzerai get +2 DEX, +1 WIS and also keep innate spell casting.
>>
>>52819273
Something like extreme force of will, saying that the caster feels their spell should have worked, but something deeper comes and breaks the spell.

It's hard to describe but basically it's trying to expand on. "Cause fuck you."
>>
>>52819331
>By getting actual in house testers. Public feedback is what removed all the cool stuff 5e could've had and gave us this bland version.
Good point. I withdraw my statement.
>>
>>52819300
Yeah but I sent it to WoTC and they sent it back a few weeks later all good. Annoying but it works at least.
>>
>>52819331

> not allowing Revised Ranger

You're a monster.
>>
>>52819212
>>52819145
>>52819178
You somehow got everything right and wrong by mixing everything. Granted, this isn't perfect either.

Gith the great lead the revolution and formed a mighty empire, but after the elimination of the main Illithid empire their people started disbanding into subcultures instead of remaining united and she feared that after her death her people would fracture, so she and her friend warlock planned to go on a xenocidal campaign to erradicate every threat and every last Illithid on the multiverse.

Zerthimon, a mighty psion and soldier who fought on the frontline called this madness and called for her to step down.

Gith didn't and Zerthimon and those who believed in his warnings leaved for Limbo, where they were able to hold off chaos from their homes with their psionic prowess.

Gith died and left the throne to her warlock friend, who establishes a dynasty and dies later.

After a few generations, one on the line of warlock queens becomes a lich, goes mad, and proves Zerthimon right.
>>
>>52819350
How do you use "force of will" to describe someone failing a Will save though
>>
File: Vlaakith_CLVII.jpg (325KB, 640x961px) Image search: [Google]
Vlaakith_CLVII.jpg
325KB, 640x961px
>>52819212
She was given the name Vlaakith in 2e. I'd always assumed before then that it was Gith however.

Her ancestrix was one of Gith's advisers, and Vlaakith is just the 156th queen to bear the name.
>>
>>52819347
Githyanki had +2 INT & CON in 4e
Githzerai had +2 DEX & WIS or INT
>>
>>52819273
Probably as something being so fundamentally tied to whatever magic you're throwing at it, that it can encompass it into its being and shrug it off. But it takes effort to do so.

Non-magic wise, maybe just the creature taking a second to really focus on whatever it's doing, and taking that extra bit of effort and care to succeed at it.
>>
>>52819389
So basically the Githzerai are Autobots, the Githyanki are Decepticons, and the Illithid are Quintessons?
>>
>>52819396
Perhaps a primal self-preservatory instinct lashing out at the cowardly executive functions of the brain? "Oh what, you're frightened? Reeling from psychic meddling? PUSSY SHIT. Fight. Survive. LIVE."
Something to that effect.
>>
File: 1479781071039.jpg (207KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
1479781071039.jpg
207KB, 1280x974px
Help me decide, 5eg, should i try and see if my dm will allow Theurge or just accept my fate and go full diviner ham?

Our party honestly has all the bases covered with bard+paladin+ranger for heals when needed, sorc for blastan, rogue for skills... a dedicated controller would be nice yeah?
>>
>>52819396
Not him, but for example if you tried a charm type spell on the enemy I would describe something like: the enemy is almost overtaken by your magic, but his eyes suddenly focus as he musters his inner strength to break the effect.
It's up to the DM really. It's not like the players NEED to know exactly why it failed.
>>
>>52819396
>As you cast Hold Monster on the dragon you feel your magic lock onto the mind of the dragon, signifying success. But then as the dragon locks up in place, you feel this force come from deep within the dragon, and as your connection if forcibly broken the dragon roars and continues its rampage, now focused on you.

They don't describe t in the DMG and I have yet to hear a better in-game description.
>>
>>52819417
>robothulhu
take me now, sweet death for I am ready
>>
>>52819402
thanks ill go with this
>>
>>52819417
It kind of works, yeah.
Githyanki means "The loyal to Gith" or "Followers of Gith" While Githzerai means "Those who scorn Gith"
>>
File: gith.jpg (193KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
gith.jpg
193KB, 700x990px
>>52819448
I'd say you'd be better off making them as subraces of a main Gith race.

So as per standard, 1 stat shared by both at +2, and one at +1 but different for each subrace.

Also leaves things open for future subraces.
>>
>>52819068
You've seen the fighter in the PHB, right?
But it would depend on which sport his scholarship was for I suppose.
>>
>>52819396
Failing? I assume you meant passing.
>You sense your spell taking root and beginning it's work, but the dragon/mummy/fighter etc simply clenches it's teeth and stands firm, then suddenly you feel your magic slip away, sputtering to nothing under as you stand dumbfounded under the confident gaze of your foe
>>
>just start a dungeon
>one player says he will be out of country next 3
Weeks

How to do this?
>>
>>52819381
Exceptions can be made for extreme cases
>>52819619
Run the next game in 4 weeks
Or just kill the pc
>>
File: Illithid.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Illithid.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>52818603
to your surprise, he was not me, but isn't it a good time to post it again?

i honestly like how it ended up looking but whatever.
>>
>>52819619
Trap him in Temporal Stasis or a similar spell at the start of the dungeon.
>>
>>52819619
Kill him.
>>
>>52819619
During a battle in the dungeon have the floor collapse and the PC falls through, maybe into a hidden underground river.
The players now have to spend sometime navigating a safe route to find their friend while dealing with unstable terrain and maybe creatures that were disturbed by the collapse.
>>
>>52819619
Have him fall into the first trap, a trap door with a spring lock, so after he slides in the door snaps shut.

Have them encounter him when he comes back.
>>
>>52819653
Looking at it, my main issue is with the Lesser Magic Resistance. For one thing, it seems pretty damn broken.
For another, the wording is awkward. You have to know beforehand that Mindflayers normally have Magic Resistance for the first sentence to make any damn sense.
Also, there should be some mention of the fact that you need to eat brains to survive. That's a pretty big role-playing element.
>>
>>52819289
probably just 11 points to concentrate at once, because it tells you the points don't stack with anything, not even other activations of itself.

and yeah, i suppose you activate them early and just blow them on shit before blowing the rest of your point, then maybe take a whole bunch of hp to keep activating shit.

that's the thing with the mystic at higher levels, you don't have anything good enough nor enough psi limit to spend tons of points in a single use of anything, and are forced to spend max psi limit on a bunch of inferior (compared to pure casters) effects several times to keep up with the damage and/or effectivity.
>>
would a barbarian-wolf totem and ranger-beastmaster with a wolf make an effective combination?
I want to run a character who was raised by wolves. Would monk/ranger make a better combination since she'd probably be dex based?
>>
>>52819730
Not that guy but gnomes have advantage on wisdom intelligence and charisma saving throws. That's their reason to pick them.
>>
Can I choose to auto-fail a saving throw?
If I succeed the saving throw on a Web spell, can I then proceed to scale the wall it's on (across a pit, wall, etc)
Does 'taking a 20' still exist in 5e?
>>
>>52819760
44 points. That's 6 creatures under the effects of Psychic Domination at once. Or you could just stack all longer duration auras and other buffs that you might have before even going into battle.
Implying you ever get to play at high levels
>>
>>52815971
anyone has any suggestion for good vampire related music?
>>
>>52819788
That's a good point.
Although from my experience the main reason for people to pick gnomes is to be short zany pieces of shit.
>>
File: 1492484782616.jpg (65KB, 403x525px) Image search: [Google]
1492484782616.jpg
65KB, 403x525px
>>52819429
Lucky halfling diviner is the best way to punish a dm, so i suggest trying for theurge and then falling back on the diviner as a nuclear option.

>>52819808
>good
subjective , but check out blutengel "reich mir die hand"
>>
>>52819808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxcM3nCsglA
>>
>>52819061
>Having to abandon her child at all
>When her child would have happily gone with
>It's about the neighbors not her and being a shitty person to everyone including her child

I've know retards with better reading comprehension than you.
>>
>>52819808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V08epMK0ia4
>>
>>52819835
Dude, that was the least fucking angry wizard ever. He was so chill that being tortured earned the bitch who tortured him a mild rebuke for her short-sightedness..
>>
>>52819865
thanks but i am searching for music suitable for a D&D game, chip-tunes don't do it for me.
Tho i admire the Castlevania love, that is my second favorite castlevania song .
>>
>>52819061
>>52819854
can't we just agree that halfling pussy is top tier?
>>
>>52818844
>>52818878
Following up on this, what are some good uses for a Homunculus outside of combat?
>>
>>52819895
Are you here at all hours of the day?
>>
>>52819808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mM19RCCa3g
>>
>>52819835
>blutengel "reich mir die hand"
thanks for the hint but i wanted something to use for COS, i may just go with Bach but i don't want to to immedeiately for the easy route
>>
File: lunarian_bitches.png (512KB, 686x869px) Image search: [Google]
lunarian_bitches.png
512KB, 686x869px
Doing some more homebrewing. I wonder if the 8th level spell is bit too mean.
>>
>>52819730
lesser magic resistance is literally gnome cunning, and pureblood yuan-ti gets full magic resistance on top of delayed innate spellcasting and poison immunity.

the power level shouldn't be the issue, they rank about as well as elves and dwarves in feature strength, while not being as stupid as yuan-ti. i rationalize monstrous races as being able to be better because fitting them in is harder and they can't enjoy any of the normal social interactions common races can, so maybe you are better at murderizing or surviving in the wild, but are absolutely awful at public presentations and lawful negotiations.

as for the brains, the fluff text is not final (i kind of stopped caring about it and just put some stuff from volo's) but yeah, brains. i obviously made my research and it's not super harsh as you'd expect, at least for a solo mind flayer.

pic related from lords of madness, you still eat normal food and only really need a humanoid brain per month to survive. you could easily manage with shittier brains like goblins, orcs, grimlocks or kuo-toas, but i'm sure no one would miss the town's drunk if we only stay the night...
>>
>>52819913
niiiice, i can use this for combat. thanks.
>>
>>52819887
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hpb60-TVvM
>>
So are there any other good aligned Aberrations/Far Realm entities other than Flumphs?
>>
>>52819910
huh?
>>
>>52819895
It's close, I'm more partial to strong types.

>>52819910
Not him but off and on, I work as a mechanic and during slow times or break I come and see if there's any ideas or discussions that might impact my DMing.
>>
>>52819945
>>52819948
The halfling pussy thing just reminded of that alfie poster.
>>
>>52819653
Can you fix that first line?
It looks hideous.
I'd get rid of the magic resistance and give it a Standard Delayed Magic to pick a mystic discipline and a free psipoints feat.
Like, 2 at level 3, 3 at 5 and the like.
>>
>>52819916
looks pretty fucking cool, but not really dnd at all, what's their lore?
>>
>>52817994
Drow.
>>
>>52819975
nah, just a fan of shortstacks.
>>
>>52819922
Well, it's clear I don't know shit about Mind Flayers. Conceded.
I would still something at the start of Lesser Magic Resistance, like "Although they normally enjoy a resistance to all forms of magic..."
>>
>>52819975
It is what we're talking about so understandable, then again D&D is easy to bring fetishes into so I don't doubt more than person would say "I'd bang x".
>>
>>52819978
Not him, but what is Standard Delayed Magic?
>>
>>52819995
I wish, but they aren't fey enough to make into magic booze.
>>
>>52819975
I'm the alfie poster and I regret that shitpost. was just having a laugh at some bantz from our table the previous night.
>>
>>52820015
Balance guide term for the ability to cast a spell at later levels than you would as a class, but free as a racial ability.
>>
Don't forget that you can use revivify to bring back Undead!
>>
File: tumblr_ly08lhmdM41r2uzyoo1_1280.png (508KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ly08lhmdM41r2uzyoo1_1280.png
508KB, 853x1280px
>>52819978
what's wrong with the first line?
i couldn't find a way to make it look exactly like the PHB's races first line no matter what i tried so it's the closest i could get.

>>52819978
i think resistance to mental effects is still pretty much in flavor for a mind flayer, i honestly feel like the option for any mystic discipline would be too much and too hard to implement. would they get a restricted list, would they need psi points for it or just make everything once per short/long rest?

>>52820000
i can fix that, i can even change the name and make it sound psionically mental, like mental fortitude or something like that.
>>
>>52820015
Cantrip
1st level spell at 3rd
2nd level spell at 5th.

(As seen on Drow, Tieflings, and DMG Aasimar)
>>
>>52819986
They are for my campaign that I am planning.

Lunarians are immortal creatures that live in a hidden city on moon that contains a sealed portal to far plane and a hidden city on planet.
They have some knights/mages stationed in the city to protect the gateway, and occasionally abduct people to understand the life more better. Abductees usually get their memories wiped and returned home after some weeks/months.
The high mages and moon knights in particular represent upper echelon of their military force. While they defend their home ferociously, they try to keep their conflicts bloodless, choosing to mislead and wipe memories instead. They worship an unnamed serpent from far plane, that acted as their creator-deity.
>>
File: 1492119069308.jpg (41KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
1492119069308.jpg
41KB, 600x416px
>>52820041
Don't regret it, just think it might bring more attention to the comic, then Incase is more likely to continue it and possibly focus on it more.
>>
>>52820022
Some Meenlocks live in the underdark.
>>
>>52819209
Why not a Bard?
>>
>>52820093
that high mage is medium, i'd definitely make them all large or larger, making all their cities and structures way more alien-like in nature.
>>
File: Untitled-9.png (239KB, 1349x646px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-9.png
239KB, 1349x646px
>Going through a rather generic campaign, lots of laughs and tense moments, but it's classic D&D.
>Tracking this wizard who'd apparently gone insane through his dungeon, filled with skeletons and zombies.
>Finally get to the core of the dungeon, find this giant cylinder with a peaked top.
>After a bit of searching around we find a door to get in. As soon as we enter, the door slams shut behind us and the entire cylinder starts rumbling.
>The wizards face pops up on a monitor and he claims that since he can't defeat us on this world, he'll do it on his.
>The cylinder's a fucking rocket and the party is soon crushed at the bottom from the force as it launches into outer space
>As it accelerates, the entire party is subjected to cosmic horrors, the kind that can't even be described. The Barbarian makes such a good con save he stays conscious for a few seconds longer than the rest of us and gets a permanent plus one to intelligence.
>Walk up with the rocket half submerged, barely manage to get out before it sinks. Entire place looks different, deep orange skies, blue grass, ect.
>Before we can get a hold of ourselves we get jumped by a bunch of insect men with fucking laser pistols
>Barely manage to survive, eventually manage with the Barbarian tossing them directly upwards, the gravity apparently lower here they sailed upwards long enough for the ranged members to fill them with holes.
>Group scrambles off looking for cover as a giant flying eyeball approaches, the wizard now dual wielding laser pistols

When was the point where your campaign went from good to great?

Pic semi related, it's a painting we commissioned IC from a famous artist of us stopping a bar fight.
>>
>>52819209
What this >>52820124 guy said, play a bard. It fills the criteria and gives you extra utility.
>>
>>52820124
I've personally never enjoyed bards but I guess it can work.
>>
File: 1480729843326.jpg (14KB, 223x225px) Image search: [Google]
1480729843326.jpg
14KB, 223x225px
>>52820139
I want to play in this campaign so bad.
>>
Should I dip 1 level of rogue on my cleric? Expertise in Perception and Insight is so tempting...
>>
>>52817268
Depends on what you want to do with your rogue. Bard, Sorcerer and Wizard will get you mage hand, but it obviously won't be as versatile. You also won't get as many spells. On the upside you're open to reap the benefits from other archetypes.
But I'm sure you already knew all of that.
I'm curious to see if Booming Blade, Truestrike, and Swashbuckler have any synergy, although I can't think of any 1st level spells that would help outside of specific scenarios.
Honestly, you might be better off going trickster. Or a Bard.
>>
>>52820139
That sounds fun af anon, your DM must be a cool guy.
Reminds me of when our d&d party ran into a dimension hopping NPC from our old Gammaworld game.
>>
>>52819061

She fucking came back TO the life she hated with a baby. And she could have taken her daughter with her if she left again. Her failure to have a good enough relationship with her daughter to see that she'd leave in a heartbeat is sad.
>>
>>52817268
> roll for stats
Also mage hand legerdemain open up a lot of tactic.Using oil and then GFB? Throw acid / alchemist's fire? Healer's kit?
>>
>>52820221
> although I can't think of any 1st level spells that would help outside of specific scenarios.

FIND FAMILIAR
HELP ACTION ALL DAY
>>
>>52820139
Dude that sounds fucking great.
>>
>>52820139
>I can't defeat you while you're trapped in a room with nothing but the force required to leave this planet and land on a new one, so I'm going to send you to me so you have a fighting chance
That's a really mad wizard. You should spare his life, because he's clearly not trying to kill you.
>>
>>52818634
I don't even know Tibalt's place in the plot. He's just the shittiest planeswalker card ever printed to me.
>>
>>52817268
>Rolling for stats

You really might as well go AT instead of magic initiate unless there's something else you really want.
>>
>>52820053
Just revived a spectre'd player and this happens
>>52820074
First line, the ARE at the end bothers me, it'd look better if the line ended at the comma.

The other stuff I wrote awfully, sorry.

For the Disciple I'd write something like:
>Innate Psionics: In the pursuit of the Grand Design,
>not two Illithids dedicate themselves to the same
>research area, but all hone their psionic prowess.

>Choose one Discipline of the Order of the Awakened
>in the Mystic list: You can focus on it. When you
>reach 3rd level, you gain 2 Psi points to use on this
>discipline each long rest. When you reach 5th level,
>you gain 3 Psi points instead.

Also, I love your dedication.
>>
How do I handle doing things in a dungeon map (specifically some from TfTYP) where 1 map square = 10 feet? Do I just mentally split each square into 4 other squares when combat erupts and assume 10 foot spacing when traversing for trap activation or what?
>>
Would changing the damage type of a weapon from slashing to radiant damage make it overcome damage resistance to magic because it's an energy damage type?
>>
>>52820139
>>52820256
>he's actually attempting to prepare your world for the coming invasion of an evil alien empire
>>
>think of a character who's pretty much the opposite of me.
>imagine the story and setting
Somehow the character always morphs into me and I'm basically stuck what to do.

How do I stop this.
Not even in my mind I am safe from myself.
>>
>>52820331
Let us do the job.
Come on, throw us what you got.
>>
>>52820270
1st level Wizard.
>>52820248
>Outline Sorcerer/Swashbuckler cantrip synergy
>Get all caps rage for not using a 1st level wizard spell.
Wow, anon, great moves. Keep it up.
>>
>>52815971
I just had an idea for a new potion of healing
Potion of Supreme Healing, You need to make a costitution saving throw DC15.
On a fail you heal 25 points and are stunned until the start of your next turn.
On a success you heal 55 points and are healed of any diseases or poison.
It would obviously be an incredible expensive item. thoughts?
>>
>>52820386
Why would you waste actions drinking potions in the middle of combat anyway?
>>
>>52818104
>D&D Wizards fly, teleport, polymorph, and shoot fire and lightning.
>Gandalf makes precariously-balanced rocks fall.
Gandalf wasn't a wizard in the same way D&D wizards are, though. He was essentially an angel, his power was divine in origin and, most importantly, was limited because he wasn't in Middle Earth to nuke Sauron out of existence but to guide people.
>>52818586
This is something I always wondered. I go with yes, generally.
>>52818588
>Maybe your homebrew is shit anon.
>>
>>52820314

Is he Sheev? Or the G-Man?
>>
>>52820408
i let them use a bonus action to drink potions yourself and pouring it to someone else an action
>>
Anyone here tried Hero Forge before? Particularly with the nylon plastic. It looks pretty bad on their preview, but it's the only price I can justify right now. How bad is it? It looks to have a grainy texture. Would sanding help? Does it look okay painted?
>>
>>52820351
You never said Sorcerer/Swashbuckler at all. And the original poster asked about Magic Initiate.
>>
>>52820436
Then, I suppose IF:
1. Your party has no bonus action heals (Healing word, for example, or aura of vitality, or undying light warlock's ability)
2. The imbiber has at least +8 or so to con saves
Then it might see some use in combat. Otherwise, it's really there for drinking outside of combat.
>>
File: forfuckssakesteve.png (132KB, 588x829px) Image search: [Google]
forfuckssakesteve.png
132KB, 588x829px
One of my players keeps threatening to use this ability because he "wants to see the other players die" whenever the party finds some big bad.

How do I stop this behavior?
>>
>>52820482
Watch him die instead.
>>
>>52820482
Poke him with ranged attacks to fuck his concentration.
>>
>>52820463
I outline 3 classes. I used cantrips specific to one of the three. Use context, friend.
>>
>>52820472
thanks for the feedback
>>
>>52820408
Because somehow your only healer is a Warlock with Healing Elixir?
>>
>>52820302
like this?
i guess i looks better, sure.

i have devotion for my cause, and by devotion i mean tons of autism.

just one discipline or a discipline and a talent?
it kinds of just pushes them more into "this can only be played as a mystic" territory, and you kind of should be able to at the very least play them as warlocks or wizards as well.

because, even if you are giving them 3 psi points for it, it means at high levels they can feed the discipline with the rest of their mystic psi points and shit.
>>
>>52820535
Undying light warlocks are a thing, and also potions take an action to give to someone else as well as drink (normally) so you might as well give someone the potion when they've already gone down.
>>
>>52818022
Unequivocally yes
>>
File: chemist_throw_item.jpg (93KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
chemist_throw_item.jpg
93KB, 800x640px
>>52820590
Healing Elixir can be administered to another person as a single action.
>>
>>52818022
You mean Great Weapon Master. Great Weapon Fighting isn't awfully good.

A strength barbarian looking to maximize their damage should get PAM, GWM and Savage Attacker after 20 strength and the sentinel. But savage attacker is shit.

So get GWM or PAM, then get PAM or GWM, then increase your strength.

If you don't get PAM or GWM you might as well just play fucking barbarogue.
>>
>>52820644
And that's the point. You might as well heal them when they've gone down rather than before, especially if the potion has chance of making them lose a turn.

Or you use it outside of combat and lose no actions at all.
>>
>>52820495
> implying Wizard don't have True Strike and Booming Blade.

You admit that you're wrong
>>
>>52819300
I called tech support. All I had to do was cycle the power and it started working again.
>>
Is dual-wielding PHB hunter ranger any good?

He's not going to be Drizzt.
>>
>>52820721
Is it the strongest? No. Can you have fun with it? Yes.
>>
>>52820721
No. Dual Wielding isn't good, period.
>>
Why don't all Paladins not just dual wield once they have improved divine smite?
>>
>>52820775
Dual Wielding is good when you have Hunter's Mark
>>
File: Captain-America-Glamour.jpg (278KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Captain-America-Glamour.jpg
278KB, 1600x800px
Is there any way to make a character built around using a shield as both offensive and defensive?
With some levels in paladin if possible.
>>
>>52820776
PAM GWM Sentinel, I assume. Either way they get a bonus action attack.
>>
Paladin 2 / Trickery Cleric X?

All those advantage for muh smite...
>>
>>52820776
pam gives you a better bonus action attack with a better weapon and doesn't tax you into taking two-weapon combat, so you can get defense or great weapon fighting.
>>
>>52820307
If the enemy has resistance to magic, that would give it resistance to radiant damage, not slashing.
I might be wrong here, but if the radiant damage is created magically instead of, I don't know, a really bad sunburn, magic resistance applies.
>>
>>52818261
A lot more recently than you, apparently.
LotR is fucking full of magic. It's just not the flashy variety that people without imagination require to satisfy them.
> Saruman hypnotizes people merely by conversing with them
> Galadriel can catch glimpses of the future
> Elves make enchanted swords that never lose their edge
> Elves also make cloaks that make one harder to spot against ANY terrain
> Fucking HUMANS make scrying orbs that also enable telepathic communication
> Rangers put their ear to the ground and can locate a group of creature several miles away
And let's not forget the powerful (but subtle) magic of the rings of power:
> The rings of men enhance the physical and mental capabilities of their wielders
> The rings of dwarves subtly influence all your endeavors to be more profitable
> The rings of elves aid in enchanting and block unwanted magical influence
> The One Ring fucking turns people invisible and greatly enhances the personal attributes of its wielder, and also can bend luck/fate to take it to where it "wants" to go
And all of this STILL ignores the fact that Gandalf can, in fact, use fire magic, but is specifically instructed by his superiors not to employ it against Sauron.
Just because the "wizards" don't shoot lightning bolts or teleport doesn't mean they're not frighteningly powerful. Maybe Gygax should have learned to appreciate subtler forms of magic.
>>
>>52820858
depend on the source. a torch can do non-magical fire damage. maybe something else can do nonmagical radiant... I don't know a miniature sun or something?
>>
I am so fucking sick of PAM and everyone always assuming that every melee character will use it.
>>
>>52820421
Plus, he's mostly limited when he's Gandalf the Grey, who was primarily a guide and adviser. Once he dies fighting the Balrog, the Maiar realize that he needs a frontline role and sends him back as Gandalf the White, who uses significantly more combat magic.
If I'm remembering right.
>>
My CoS team will start tomorrow! The member is...
1) Half-Orc Fighter
2) Forest Gnome Druid
3) High Elf Sorcerer
4) V.Human Ranger

and me... I'll be half-elf cleric...
which domain should I choose?
>>
>>52816003
Is there anymore halfling art in 5e books? I know this one doesn't look as bad
>>
>>52820877
for how much i thank Gygax ffor gifting us D&D i find myself costantly disagreeing with him so i feel your pain into having to defend LOTR cause somehow there are still people trying to shit on it after 80 years.
I just think that it's fucking 4chan and you will never win these idiots over, don't waste your breath on them.
>>
>>52820892
Nonmagical radiant damage might not exist, since (like necrotic) damage it has an inherently magical/psychic component to it.
If anything caused it, it's probably lasers or something, but even that might be better represented as fire damage.

>>52820794
Anything that gives you training in improvised weapons.
Since 5e doesn't have rules for shield bashing, it also doesn't have rules that say you lose the AC bonus from a shield if you hit stuff with it. Just use it as an improvised... club? or something.
You're not going to be optimized by any means, but I'm assuming you care more about being an awesome Captain America motherfucker than being the most finely-tuned D&D munchkin.
>>
>>52820911
You can choose not to optional rule like feat.
>>
>>52820911
It's optimal but that doesn't mean it's fun.

All my characters are sub-optimal because they're more interesting that way.

Yeah, I know Wild Magic sucks, but it's fun and has good flavor. Yeah I know a rapier wielding Duelist fighter is bad, but it's interesting to me.
>>
File: 1487223141119.jpg (30KB, 358x354px) Image search: [Google]
1487223141119.jpg
30KB, 358x354px
>>52820931
>eye to crotch height
think of the endless possibilities
>>
Has anyone used the DM'S Guild Heroes of the orient content? Looks nice.
>>
>>52820794
you could probably fluff it as a bludgeoning weapon that also grants AC. It could also have Versatile.
Maybe a Quarterstaff's stats?
>>
>>52820953
In my game I've changed the feat so that it doesn't give you the bonus action attack and gives you +1 strength instead.
>>
>>52820959
just read the porn comic from the last couple of threads.
>>
>>52820930
City
>>
File: ThinkOfThePossibilities.jpg (50KB, 1080x652px) Image search: [Google]
ThinkOfThePossibilities.jpg
50KB, 1080x652px
>>52820949
I'm still pissed that Gygax gets so much more recognition than Arneson.
Gygax didn't come up with the concept, he came up with a clunky mess of rules that was almost entirely dumped as soon as he left the company and is really only still used by complete grognards. Arneson invented the role-playing game and hardly anybody talks about him.
But also yes, as you say, Gygax had pretty shit taste.

>>52820959
>>
File: muh dick.png (388KB, 481x733px) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.png
388KB, 481x733px
>>52820931
Sword Coast Legends had some.
>>
>>52821000
I don't think there is a city in Barovia
>>
File: game of thrones yeah.png (352KB, 482x978px) Image search: [Google]
game of thrones yeah.png
352KB, 482x978px
>>52821010
And her brother, Peter Dinklage.
>>
>>52821020
If you wanted to play Tirion (or a similar character), would you use human or Halfling stats?
>>
What are your favourite fantasy books?

I haven't read too much but Iron Dragon's Daughter was great.
>>
>>52821010
thicker
>>
>>52820721
There's no reason to not use a bow or crossbow expert instead, especially considering archery for +2 to hit.

But it can be okay. It's not great, but it's okay.

>PHB
Wait a minute, no, it's fucked. The only point of ever going PHB ranger is for volley.

Everybody, even wizards themselves accepts that revised ranger should be the core ranger, and if your DM doesn't allow it you should fucking quit right then and there because they have 0 clue what's going on.
>>
Would it be a bad idea to make the GWF style reroll all 1s and 2s instead of only working once?

By my calculations average greatsword/maul damage would go from 7 to 9, basically the same increase dueling provides.
>>
>>52820877
No one's saying LotR isn't full of magic. Practically everything is magic. But, as you JUST FUCKING SAID,
>It's just not the flashy variety

This isn't about imagination or satisfaction, it's about not matching the game we're playing. D&D has flashy magic. It has subtle magic too, through enchanted weapons and creatures and spells that aren't noticed, but when you think "magic in D&D" you think of Wizards turning into goddamn dragons and dropping meteor swarms on people or Paladins charging their sword blows with holy jack-off energy from the strength of their convictions or some shit, not
>such was his unmatched skill in the crafting of metal that his hammer blows sung as they struck steel and the melody of creation imbued his peerless works with magic
Even Bards, who come the closest to LotR magic, are flashier.

If D&D magic went up to third circle at best and we ditched the entire schools of conjuration and evocation, and everything left didn't deal damage and was just a bunch of divination and enchantment bullshit, you might have a point.
>>
>>52820721
Yeah it's good, needs more bonus actions for hunter's mark and extra attacks though.
>>
>>52820877
>Gandalf can, in fact, use fire magic, but is specifically instructed by his superiors not to employ it against Sauron.
Is there somewhere I can read about this? I know he did the pinecone thing against the wolves, but if he had mojo that would be effective enough to battle Sauron that the gods on high had to ban him from using, it must be super powerful.
>>
>>52821006
I'm still pissed people go 'Gygax says that' and 'Gygax says this' whenever it comes to alignment in 5e, as if Gygax wrote the alignment portions of 5e.

Fucking purists.
>>
>>52821050
The Belgeriad. It's slightly cliche, but I found it really good. I think it was intentional
>>
>>52820582
Yeah, that looks better.
And I don't think it will force it to mystic, it will make it the "optimal mystic", but it'll be like gnomes being the "optimal wizard".
And the Awakened disciplines feel like what an Illithid would do with their powers, and makes the player choose between pretty useful but weak uses of the discipline.

>Aura Sight
Advantage on Wisdon (insight) and the power to know more about foes or...
>Intellect Fortress
Resistance against psychic damage and the ability to protect your squishy wizard body from attacks and saves or..
>Mantle of Awe
Half your INT mod as a bonus to CHA checks and a charm and or distraction or...
>Precognition
Advantage on Initiative rolls and the ability to add a d4 to rolls or adding disadvantage to an attack that would hit you as a reaction or...
>Psychic Assault
Well, psionically blasting and incapasitate a foe for a turn or...
>Psychic Disruption
Advantage on deception and shortening the sight of a foe or straight up incapacitate it, or...
>Psychic Inquisition
Knowing when people lie to you and gain information out of brain trauma or...
>Psychic Phantoms
Advantage on deception and the ability to "mark" a foe to give allies advantage hitting it on melee and damage it while doing it, also doing damage if it passes his save. And th the ability to deprive a foe of reactions while doing 1d8 of damage per turn is usefull too, or...
>Telepathic Contact
Full party telepathy and the ability to force a creature to answer a yes or no question truthfully or make it believe anything you say.

I think a wizard would appreciate some other use fo INT and any other class would like having a little extra.
>>
File: lawbringer.jpg (113KB, 736x1098px) Image search: [Google]
lawbringer.jpg
113KB, 736x1098px
>>52820911
I've only considered getting it for a character that seriously incorporates it into their persona (pic related)
>>
>>52818041
>LotR is not that inventive

I can only assume your single mother chemically blocked you hitting puberty.
>>
>>52821138
I'm fine with there being a polearm feat, I just think the one we have is a bit disgustingly OP compared to every other option.
>>
File: halfling knight.jpg (121KB, 533x978px) Image search: [Google]
halfling knight.jpg
121KB, 533x978px
>>52821036
If he's biologically human, I'd say human, but a Small size and 25 walking speed.
I remember reading some greentext about a human midget who lives with halflings because they make him feel normal.
>>
Why would a warlock waste a round setting up hex in combat when he could just cast two eldritch blasts? It seems like hex is only worth it if you're going up against a single ghetto with a lot of hp
>>
>>52821150
Mate, could you finish the chain before addressing something that was already discussed, rebuked and moved on from?
>>
>>52820421
I'm not arguing with that, I'm arguing with every slack-jawed yokel here that thinks D&D is based on LotR or needs to be based on LotR, and holds Gandalf up as an example of a Wizard. It happens at least once a week here and people agree with that, but they're wrong.

But this isn't about LotR and whether it's good or boring or whatever the fuck. I like Lord of the Rings, I like obnoxious levels of world-building and painstakingly-crafted languages that no one needs to understand to get the story, but I wouldn't want to RP any of it or play a D&D game in Middle-Earth. And I know I'm actually in the minority of LotR fans who enjoys all the up-its-ass background details and Tolkien's linguistic masturbation.

Since LotR has gotten the most exposure and such critical acclaim, even before the movies, people have gotten this warped perception that it's "OG fantasy" and everything's riffing off it, or it's "the best" way to do fantasy. But just about nothing they would call derivative of LotR actually IS derivative of it, because it's such a low-magic (IN FUCKING GENERAL) and un-fantastic work that the moment you have people throwing around fireballs, you've made a massive departure.

And that's colored people's D&D as well. There's this weird bent towards realism that everyone swears up and down they enjoy, but their idea of realism isn't realistic, it's just un-fantastic. It's "grounded", but for the existence of flying fuckers shooting lightning out of their eyeballs. Conan kicking through a wall is beyond the pale for them, but fireballs and shapeshifting are A-OK.

It's bullshit and stems from that same place as "why are you trying to be larger-than-life or a super hero, that shit's for little kids, what are you, eight?" That "I'm too mature to have fun" place.
>>
>>52820956
>try to make a sub optimal character
>make one
>change a bit
>change a bit more
>I'll change that a bit too
>End up with a standard run-of-the-mill half elf bard with high charisma and dex
I have a problem
>>
>>52821189
No one discussed or rebuked that.
>>
>>52821183
You might want to look back at hex's casting time.
>>
>>52821183
>Why would a warlock waste a round setting up hex in combat when he could just cast two eldritch blasts
Because it costs a bonus action, not an action

>It seems like hex is only worth it if you're going up against a single ghetto with a lot of hp
You can put it on something else if the first target died, as a bonus action
>>
>>52821222
Hmn... My bad then, I took the next post as a correction changing the not-inventive with BORING.
>>
>>52821150
What did it invent?
>>
>>52820953
>You can choose to nerf martials
Yeah, sure.

>>52820911
>I am so fucking sick of martials trying to be viable, stop making yourselves viable

In order to fix it:
1. Remove all weapon feats.
2. For each weapon a player is carrying (Assuming they have a limit to what they can carry) they can apply a 'weapon style', which takes part of one feat and applies it to an applicable weapon. You might allow 'ignore loading trait' and 'no disadvantage within 5ft' for hand crossbow for example, or 'You can take +10 damage for -5 to hit' on a maul. Or, 'this staff can be used as an arcane focus'.
3. Consider adding a new feat that allows you to take an extra part of a feat and apply it to weapons you have.
4. It still needs some polishing after this to ensure wizards don't all take quarterstaves with 'attack on reaction' (likely stopping them from casting spells or something in this case, they should be using spears for this anyway)... But it stops PAM being so easily paired with GWM and it also means those who don't take feats aren't easily beaten by those who take feats. It's lowering the 'feat ceiling' and raising the 'no feat floor'
>>
>>52821256
Bear in mind that's not my opinion, it's a half-assed "translation" of what Tolkien meant. I enjoy his works but Gygax has repeatedly said he found them boring on the whole.
>>
>>52821257
Elf on orc fetish
>>
>>52821107
Not really combat, but a good number of his fireworks are clearly magical in nature. His fire magic is why hobbits just think of him as the "bearded human who does fireworks."

>>52821128
>"Slightly cliche"
>This ethnic group is all liars and thieves
>This ethnic group is all lawful stupid
>This ethnic group is all dumb farmers (as in Garion literally pretends to be an idiot to pass as one of them)
>This ethnic group is vikings
Belgariad worldbuilding is beyond shit.
Still fun to read, though.
>>
So the Sentinel feat states
> "When you hit a creature with an opportunity attack, the creature’s speed becomes 0 for the rest of the turn."

This has to happen when you make attacks of opportunity right? No choice in the matter?
>>
>>52821215
Give him performance anxiety. He has trouble playing in front of people.

Or maybe he's a mute, you could try and clear it with your DM to have an instrument function as your vocal spell component.

Or maybe he has a lot of anxiety for social encounters. He's charismatic, an absolute charmer with those he's familiar with, but he freezes up when talking to a stranger, the words never seem to come out right.

Your character's stats can be run of the mill and you can still make an interesting character.
>>
>>52821264
>be unhappy that one option is obviously overpowered/superior to others
>martialfag with victim complex shows up and starts crying
Every time.
>>
>>52821300
>This ethnic group is all liars and thieves
Greeks
>This ethnic group is all dumb farmers
Iowans
>>
>>52821315
>'Martialfag'
>Implying I get to play characters ever and my problem isn't that I have to watch other people playing characters that are absolute shite when I don't want to say 'No, everybody, you have to get PAM or get out.'
>>
>>52821215
>try to make a sub optimal character
>make one
>change a bit
>change a bit more
>I'll change that bit too
>End up with a standard run-of-the-mill stealth archer
>>
What's an optimized lvl15 sorcerer build like?

Do I also put points in other classes?
>>
>>52821342
>Do I also put points in other classes?
Yes, you put 15 levels into Wizard and 0 into Sorcerer.
>>
>>52821342
2 level of Warlock.
Spend your entire free time with short rest and converting warlock slot into spell points (and then spell point into Sorcerer spell slot)
>>
>>52821257
>Elves (as roughly human-sized and generally good)
>Orcs (literally did not exist before)
>Halflings
>>
>>52821342
No UA:
DefenseFighter2/FiendWarlock2/DragonSorcerer11
Paladin2/DragonSorcerer13
Paladin6/Dragonsorcerer9
Paladin11/Dragonsorcerer4
or
Sorcerer1/Anythingelse14

UA:
HexbladeWarlock2/SeaSorcerer13
FeyWarlock5/SeaSorcerer10
ClosequartersshootingFighter2/Feylock5/SeaSorcerer8
ClosequartersshootingFighter2/SeekerWarlock2/SeaSorcerer11
ClosequartersshootingFighter2/FiendWarlock2/SeaSorcerer11
StoneSorcerer15
>>
>>52819854
She's Derik's kid too, and she was unhappy long before Alfie was old enough to have a say in the whole affair
>>
>>52821131
but you can see why this racial feature explodes out of proportion, it's not comparable with a delayed spellcasting progression or a choice of cantrip, but with a choice of delayed spellcasting progressions, including the choice of advantage on init plus personal bless.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vq1kz6PRAbw5LHy6amH-bNb4OuB8DBXL1RsZROt03Sc/edit#gid=0

i used this as a reference for the power level of the racial features and in my mind a choice of even just awakened disciplines, not counting the possible interactions with future psionic classes or subclasses would blow it out of balance completely.

high elves get a choice of a cantrip and an relatively uncommon resistance, gnomes get a common resistance and a fixed cantrip, pureblood get a very common resistance and a fixed spellcasting progression. getting a choice of a cantrip and a common resistance is only a bit stronger than high elves or gnomes but without being pureblood levels of strong.

and wel, yeah, the whole purpose of this illithid race was to play an awakened mystic on a run that ended up not happening. maybe later i'll make a baseline +2INT illithid with a +1wis and magic resistance+talent subspecies and a +1cha with a discipline one.
>>
>>52819273
Flavour it based on the creature in question.

For example, some creature or spellcaster that uses a lot of fire, I would describe the effect being resisted as burning away before it hits. Likewise an undead would simply shrug the effects off in an aura of necrotic energy, and a martial character would stand their ground and 'perfect block' it.
>>
What class is the most fun?
>>
>>52821172
He'd be all weird and deformed even by their standards though
>>
>>52821458
Bards
Swashbucklers
Paladins
>>
>>52821458
Any full caster
>>
Fighter 2 / Light Cleric X?
Fighter 2 / Sorcerer X?

Action Surge fireball is fun right?
>>
>>52820700
Yes. You want to know something funny? I was reading off the wizard spell list and I didn't even realize it.
>>
>>52821486
wizards are pretty fucking boring early on, imho.
>>
>>52821458
Bards and rogues have the most skillfuckery and AT and bards have extra magical fuckery on
Wizards have the most magical utility fuckery
Druids have some pretty nice utility on top of being oniontanks

Artificers/Mystics seem to have something going for them when they're officially released
>>
>>52821488
fighter 2 goes with everything.
>>
>>52820952
I was thinking of taking eldritch knight for bonded weapon so I could recall it after throwing it. Plus I could use abjuration spells to defend allies.
>>
>>52821458
Mystic.
>>
>>52821458
The same answer to all question about class...

Mystic
>>
>>52821488
Might as well fighter2/wizard. You go from no armour to full plate + shield AND you get action surge, and you have arcane recovery because you've lost some levels of spellcasting.

>>52821511
They're a bit limited, but they have plenty of rituals and some cantrips, so it's no less fun than any other level 1.
>>
>>52821529
Is there honestly any reason not to do your first two levels as fighter for anyone?
>>
>>52821521
>>52821544
>>52821545
Telepathic fist bump?
>>
>>52821553
This isn't 3rd edition
>>
>>52821553
Divination Wizard
>>
>>52821565
Mental high five.
>>
>>52821375
Tall (but still slender) elves.
Wow, really breaking the inspiration bank there.

Orcs and halflings were already things. Those words existed, their use as monstrous creatures or short people are attributed long before Tolkien.

To say Tolkien invented orcs (especially when most orcs we consider derivative of Tolkien's are quite different) has as much standing as me inventing Willy Wonka because I started saying "tragematopolist" a lot and no one's used that word for over three hundred years except to say "look at this word that hasn't been used in over three hundred years".
it's someone who sells candy
>>
>>52821553
It's not so great it's worth sacrificing key features or progress for.

On a paladin, you only get maybe 50% extra damage for one round.
On a rogue, you only get notable damage if you ready an action and lose uncanny dodge.
On a caster, you already have limited spell slots anyway, action surge just lets you waste them faster.
On a barbarian, again, you probably have bonus and/or reaction attacks.

Action surge probably works best on a volley hunter or a fighter, really.
>>
>>52821616
Oh, or anyone who has hit a dead end on progress (Bard 18 for example) or on a sorlock or on someone who also wants armour proficiency + health + defense (Wizard?)
>>
>>52821553
anything trying to hit a certain level's feature, most martial classes, arguably wizards.

i'd say only things with obvious low level stuff to exploit and/or weak high level features really benefit from fighter 2. shit like warlock or sorcerer really come to mind, but not stuff like paladin or bard trying to get to lv6 asap. also charisma classes >>>> the rest.
>>
>>52821431
Yet once she was old enough to make a decision like that seem to be about the time Vera became a raging bitch to everyone. Seeing as how Alfie is just like her mother they easily could have traveled and visited home instead of Vera hiding behind "it's for Alfie" and then making everyone miserable.

Also Alfie's dad seemed pretty understanding and was all for her following her heart. Mostly because he's seen what it did to her mother.

Vera's not the worst person, but trying to say she's better than Alfie is untrue.
>>
>>52821585
Before Tolkien elves were small house spirits, or alternately otherworldly creatures sometimes identified with the spirits of the departed. I'd say it's a fucking departure.
Orcs existed as a really, really, really general concept. The word is associated with "Orcus" (an evil deity) and "ogre." Orcs as the brutish, tribal, evil humanoids who fuck shit up and hate elves that we know today are Tolkien's invention.
I challenge you to find me halflings that precede Tolkien.
>>
>people read Alfie for the words
>>
>>52821411
What stats?

Charisma to the max?
>>
>>52821107
The reason Gandalf, like the other Istari, is effectively on par with Sauron in terms of power is because they're Maiar.
He also possesses Narya, the Ring of Fire, though I don't think it's made clear what power that grants him.
>>52821203
>I'm arguing with every slack-jawed yokel here that thinks D&D is based on LotR or needs to be based on LotR
>people have gotten this warped perception that it's "OG fantasy" and everything's riffing off it, or it's "the best" way to do fantasy.
That's a fair point.
>Conan kicking through a wall is beyond the pale for them, but fireballs and shapeshifting are A-OK.
Yeah, this attitude really pisses me off.
>>52821675
>I challenge you to find me halflings that precede Tolkien.
Midgets.
>>
>>52821653
derik was a surprisingly reasonable character trying to make the best out of a broken marriage.
vera left first but even then he love his daughter, and then he still just wanted the best for vera even if he knew he couldn't be that.
>>
>>52821680
For all cases except for stone sorcrerer, you're maxing charisma and blasting all day.

Stone sorcerer you can go various routes I guess, High con is good.
>>
>>52821442
Well, yes, but still, you just get 1 thing, once a day and a passive minor thing. I'd give it 6-7 points.
And I knew you were using that, nice call putting it on the .pdf.
>>
>>52821703
Cool, what spells are key?
>>
>>52821688
I missed yesterday. Anybody got a link?
>>
>>52821677
>reading alfie for the sex
???
might as well read animu catboys getting fucked in the ass or quad amputees getting perforated by tentacled abominations. there's only so much cartoon midget sex you could possibly enjoy before getting bored.
>>
File: 1480966411436.jpg (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480966411436.jpg
15KB, 640x480px
>>52821688
It's weird talking this in-depth about a comic that's mostly supposed to be fap material.

I completely agree out for the whole situation he seems the most level headed of the bunch.
>>
>>52821743
i was just reading it in sadpanda, no idea where else people read it.
>>
>>52821746
>there's only so much cartoon midget sex you could possibly enjoy before getting bored
There's not enough cartoon midget sex, actually.
>>
>>52821743
Look up Alfie on Google or ehentai, someone uploaded a chuck of it there.
>>
>>52821773
On the school bus.
>>
>>52821773
He's got a website for it, buttsmithy.
>>
>>52821746
>Went for the fap
>Stayed for the story

I only intended to get to a bit I liked and ended up reading the whole fucking thing.
>>
>>52821803
fucking same, spent all day yesterday catching it up.
>>
>>52821579
Psionic thumbs up.
>>
>>52821616
On a paladin it's only worthwhile after level 11.
On rogues 1 Fighter dip is okay if you want to use shields, but if you want more than that you'd take all the way to 5 for the Extra Attack. Also at this point you might as well take those 5 levels in Barbarian instead and be a Barbarogue.
Casters, as noted, take a big progression hit, and the main benefit of Action Surge is for blasting nova - but blasting in general also cares about progression. There are some niche cases but nothing beyond that - even the 1 level dip is questionable when it could be taken on Cleric instead and thus avoid losing spell slots.
Barbarians, much like paladins, should wait until after they get their important class features (so, after 9), and want 3 levels rather than 2 for the archetype.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170404-233204.jpg (618KB, 557x1244px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170404-233204.jpg
618KB, 557x1244px
>>52821746
I sometimes just need some good 'plot' for my fap.
>>
>>52821731
For the blasters, hex and haste. And that's literally about it. You can turn spell slots into sorcerery points for more blasts. Consider taking utility spells and such I guess, or maybe an AoE or something.
Shield is also nice, too.

For stone sorcerer, I'm not really sure. Shield is nice, again, as a just in case measure.

>>52821884
Even after level 11, getting more smite spell slots might actually be better than getting action surge since you get other stuff with it as you level including some stuff like better elemental weapon. But not necessarily. 10 from lay on hands and all that. Wouldn't be bad if you want the extra fighting style.
A paladin dealing 'optimal' damage will have PAM and will be doing three or four attacks a round and then have smites, and action surge only gives two extra attacks and extra chances to use those smites rather than more smites, but certainly it isn't a bad idea I suppose, especially if you want to be the king of burst damage.
>>
>>52821803
Guilty as well.
>>
>>52821036
Gnome stats, biologically human.
>>
Why do people like Hex?

It's not that much, just an extra d6 whenever the caster hits. I used to think it was good for fucking with saving throws, but it turns out it only messes with ability checks?
>>
>>52821685
>Midgets.
yeah, you mean dwarfs

you fucking idiot
>>
>>52822022
Damage bonuses are not that easy to come by in 5e, and Hex/Hunter's Mark trigger on every hit (instead of 1/turn like Sneak Attack, Colossus Slayer, etc.).
>>
>>52822069
>>
If a game offers one free feat at level 1, I'm taking tough, taking a hill dwarf, becoming a barbarian, maxing out con first and taking 5 levels of bear barbarian before going rogue and then maxing out dexterity second while wearing a shield.

Everyone will be dying around me while I stand there, being useless, recruiting more people to send to their deaths.

It's their fault for being flimsy and weak.
>>
>>52821746
>only so much cartoon midget sex you could possibly enjoy before getting bored
Individually I recognize these words, but...
>>
What would be a good ability to represent a unit of regular mooks doing a shieldwall? Something like reverse pack tactics?
>>
>>52822076
Also it'd be AT for something like false life or shield spells.
>>
>>52821006
And he liked to costantly say that the game was deliberaly made to make some people be inferior to others, because that is how life works.
Again, i said it before, the guy said lots of shit things.
>>
File: enhancement shaman.png (55KB, 292x276px) Image search: [Google]
enhancement shaman.png
55KB, 292x276px
alright /tg/ i can't tell, is that a good spell?

would it be too strong on a full caster?
>>
>>52821553
Making realistic characters?
I'm not saying you guys are having badwrongfun but come on, everyone on /tg/ is just looking to play the most numerically optimised character. Put that brain power into something useful, like managing stocks. You're just playing a gaming equivalent of a damn spreadsheet.
>>
>>52822106
3/4 cover? Maybe even a bonus to checks against people who try to break it.
>>
>>52819808
>battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxMIm2H50F4
>final battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUbySmzxUdY
>true final battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZmVVv75Tno
>>
>>52822106
They ready an action each turn to attack anyone who approaches and they get a bonus when they do this.
Each creature also provides some level of cover (Higher AC against ranged attacks, higher saves against dex saves)
>>
>>52822056
Halflings are basically short humans, ie midgets.
Dwarves are short Jews.
>>
>>52821653
Vera was a raging bitch pretty much all of Alfie's life, because halflings have always been a bunch of shits. She isn't the one that changed, Alfie just discovered she likes dicks and adventure.
>>
>>52822280
Dwarves are from another planet.

Which, if you watch my hour-long setting synopsis, is also true of Jews.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw#t=7m17
>>
>>52819808
All of the lords of shadow soundtrack
>>
>>52822195
>>52822249
Would giving them cover while allowing them to still attack be too strong? Or should I be forced to have a second rank of pikemen?
>>
>>52822315
In the story Alfie directly says she remembers her mother being way kinder when she was younger. It's the part when they get the letters once they realize Alfie is gone.
>>
>>52821944
Essentially. That is to say, it's viable, and the path to go for King Burst.

But paladin already has pretty good burst damage so it makes more sense to MC them into Bard/Sorcerer/Warlock for more spell slots and utility .
>>
File: Alfie_ch7_50a_1.jpg (440KB, 996x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Alfie_ch7_50a_1.jpg
440KB, 996x1500px
>>52822393
Maybe she was referring to in private or something, cause this page seems to suggest Vera's been angry and belligerent to the neighbors for as long as she's lived there.
>>
>>52822482
Arguing over the lore of a porn comic
/5eg/ sure is great
>>
>>52822200
>>52822342
thx
>>
>>52818312
>Grey Mouser
>>
>>52822482
Do have a point there
>>
>>52822577
/pfg/ go home
>>
>>52821485
Bards would be cool if it wasn't for the instrument shit
>>
>>52822381
I think the fact they can't attack unless they all advance into range or if someone moves into their reaction attack range is already nerfed enough.

If the party just charges headfirst into the spears then they're idiots.

You could add pikemen to the second rank if you want, though, though it does sound like too much bait for con-based AoE attacks.
>>
>>52822559
5e's just so boring we have to talk about something else
>>
File: 1465797815702.gif (512KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1465797815702.gif
512KB, 320x180px
>>52822559
There are worse ways to spend an afternoon
>>
File: FrolloBoner.png (317KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FrolloBoner.png
317KB, 800x800px
>>52822577
I wish she had more than two photo shoots
>>
>>52822559
i mean we were 100 posts over limit and on page 8 when this shit started so why not
>>
>>52822647
>it's not my fault, it's in god's plan;
but it's
>it's not my fault if in god's plan
>>
>>52822647
There used to be a video of her pole dancing online but it's since been taken down. It's a fucking shame man, if you're a 10/10 midget it should be against the law not to do hardcore porn.
>>
>>52820305
I had the same question a week ago. If you look at the combat maps for Curse of Strahd, you see that they split each square into four, like you described. I think that works fine in most scenarios.
>>
>>52822022
Synergises with Eldritch Blast, which gets more individual attack rolls at higher levels instead of more damage dice. Between Hex and Agonising Blast the Warlock can stack a hell of a lot of damage onto their rolls.
>>
>>52822158
Looks alright to me. Slightly better than Magic Weapon, but a level higher and takes an action instead of a bonus action to cast.
>>
>>52816040
There is a city in the Netherlands called "Leiden"
>>
File: Cartman's incredible gift.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cartman's incredible gift.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>52820877
>Hypnosis, Psychic Readings, "Telepathy Phones, Subtle Manipulation.

Lord of the Rings "Magic" is one step removed from psychic hotline scamming.
Tolkien's world is a Martial Player's wet dream, the most powerful Dragons and Witch-Lords can be dealt with by stabbing/shooting them with the "right" weapon. The "Witch King" of Angmar shows up and what is his attack routine? Mace, Mace, Mount Bite.
Gandalf goes around high-handedly talking up shit and has to stab Orcs.

Pic related to Saruman and Gandalf's epic confrontations.

My campaign is actually set in Nehwon, world of Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser, and while Black Magic is mainly the province of sinister and reclusive Witches and the like, it's still 10x as magical as Tolkien's world of charlatans.
>>
>>52819265
You can use it before combat to have 9/11 points ready ahead of time, but multiple copies of the same ability overlap, so you can't stack them to have 44.
Thread posts: 498
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.