[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern Magic General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 40

File: Karn_lord_and_savior.jpg (291KB, 954x1278px) Image search: [Google]
Karn_lord_and_savior.jpg
291KB, 954x1278px
Give praise to our savior, Karn Liberated, for keeping control faggotry out of our glorious format edition

Playing?
Hating?
Brewing?

Are you planning on testing anything from the latest set in your deck?
Do you think the new druid deck has legs to stand on?
>>
>>52815483
>Playing?
Storm and Affinity

>Hating?
Nothing, really.

>Brewing?
I want a deck that can beat face but also win with a combo. I had a lot of the pieces for Eldritch-Allosaurus combo but I realized its too janky (4 for 1s are not good, who wouldve thought). I was thinking about building Knightfall combo instead, looks fun.

>Are you planning on testing anything from the latest set in your deck?
Not really. Set looks fun to play in limited but nothing I want to test on Modern or EDH. Hopefully Hour of Devastation will give me something.

>Do you think the new druid deck has legs to stand on?
Pros have been hyping it a bunch as part of abzan company and it makes sense. It looks like its going to be a thing.
>>
>>52815483
>Karn keeping control out

I'd say Ugin and Ulamog are the bugger threats but honestly all 3 give control/midrange the stiff hard cock.
>>
>>52816391
Ugin's a better finisher than Karn, but he doesn't get value ASAP by blowing up lands, so I'd say he's less of a problem for most control decks.
>>
On this week's installment of "It works, I swear!"

Artifact
4x Chromatic Sphere
4x Chromatic Star
4x Ichor Wellspring
4x Krark-Clan Ironworks
4x Mind Stone
4x Mox Opal
4x Prophetic Prism
2x Psychogenic Probe
4x Terrarion

Land
4x Caves of Koilos
4x Concealed Courtyard
4x Darksteel Citadel
2x Inventors' Fair
3x Plains
2x Swamp

Sorcery
2x Bitter Ordeal
2x Open the Vaults

Instant
3x Faith's Reward
>>
>>52815483
honestly scared at the druid deck bec. that means less hate is available for coco (usually shut down by just GY hate)

thank god for tron though

also is anyone also running abzan midrange? feels like it's a tough time to be midrange right now but i'll try to soldier on. What are your builds like? Is confidant back in the deck for good?
>>
>>52816410
Fair but midrange pretty much cant win once ugin is cast. Ugin WILL exile multiple cards when he hits the board and then tick up till he ults.
>>
>>52816478
It is a rough time. Eldrazi Tron and Bant Eldrazi are seeing a lot of play and bully us out of the format, and Jund Death's Shadow is just better, even Grixis Shadow.

Also desu Dark Confidant is really bad right now. You side him out against all/most of the aggro decks in the format and against the popular slow decks right now you need a threat early; so Grim Flayer is the better choice.
>>
>>52816582
awesome, is abzan shadow an acceptable choice right now?
>>
>>52816620
It's playable for sure but the lack of access to tarfire to fuel delirium, Temur Battle Rage to close out games, and Ghor Clan to Trample past blockers makes it a little worse than Jund against most decks but the stronger in the mirror. I've been pondering a list, aurely playable especially at the fnm level
>>
>>52816651
ugh i don't want to shell out for bauble's though, feels bad...
>>
>>52816719
Yeah i know, i bought 2 for $30 each a while back and recently traded for the other two. It sucks but biting the bullet was worth it. I feel like once the banning anouncement happens monday if Death's Shadow doesnt see a ban they'll jump in price again, and i really dont expect a ban so.
>>
>>52816527
In all fairness, midrange cant really deal with a Karn or a ugin well.

>>52816582
Jund>Grixis in regards to deathshadow, but still a good deck. Went 3-1 first time playing the deck without a proper sideboard.
>>
>>52815483
Praise Karn may his deck never suffer another ban.
>Playing?
Burn
>Hating?
GBx
>Building
GB tron and affinity
Harsh mentor is gonna get a nice comfy spot in my SB
It's literally just another abzan coco deck it'll be fine but not back breaking
>>
>>52816979
Yeah Jund is certainly the better build, been on the jund deck for about 2 weeks and ive played a lot of Grixis shadow and only lost 1 time. Build the deck 2 fridays ago, top 8'd fnm and then the next day i played at a GPT and won. Deck sweet and very powerful.
>>
File: the-ravaging.jpg (155KB, 1106x723px) Image search: [Google]
the-ravaging.jpg
155KB, 1106x723px
>Playing?
Affinity
No, this set looks pretty much like garbage for me. I'm willing to be proven wrong though.
>>
>start fnm at 7pm
>finish 4 rounds by 9:20pm
>2 hours and 20 minute wait for prerelease now

Now what do I do?
>>
>>52817674
Play more Magic, get some food / coffee, take a nap, kill an enemy and absorb his essence. You know, whatever.
>>
>>52817674
Watch anine
>>
>>52817697
>>52817753
Thanks for the advice lads. I might some kithkins for modern now I am going to eat.
>>
Honesty how long does it take to just not do a shitty crop? I mean really put at least a tiny amount of effort into your autistic pictures
>>
File: IMG_0279.png (180KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279.png
180KB, 750x1334px
So what is getting the ban?
>>
>>52818159
Doubt anything is getting a ban yet. If something does get banned, it'll probably be Mishra's Bauble or Street Wraith [spoilers]sorry Living End[/spoiler]
>>
>>52818174
>fucked up the spoiler tag
fml
>>
>playing/brewing
5 colour giftstron
>hating
Death's Shadow kicks my ass, it feels like I just have to topdeck my way out of that matchup.
>new set
5colour land and cycling lands might be worth testing but space is so tight that it will be a struggle.
>>
File: IMG_0259.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0259.png
48KB, 924x560px
Is coco the most bullshit retarded fag rng card in the game? I mean really, the card literally just decides games on cast. Oh you spent turn 4 playing a single llanowar elf? Looks like you lose. Oh you hit the melira combo with it instead? Looks like you win. It's just such a gay ass fucking "lol so randumb XDDD" card and it take a lot of fun out of the game for me
>>
File: cage.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
cage.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52818243
Hmmm...
>>
>>52818159
Thoughtsieze
>>
>>52818257
>ban a format staple
ayy lmao
>>
>>52818253
I'm not saying I have problems with the decks that play it, I'm saying that it's a gay card and when someone casts it, just throw all skill and play out the window cause they either just won or lost the game based on their top 6 cards
>>
>>52818159
I think Traverse is the obvious choice. Traverse is really blatantly the card that broke the deck.
>>
>>52818309
Yeah it's retarded design.
Also makes you cram your deck full of creatures so braindead little faggots get to play sideways: the tappening.
Granted if it were a sorcery I'd have no problems because at least you could play around it with boardwipes.
>>
>>52818348
>sideways: the tappening
kek
>>
>>52818348
Ah yes, "play the way I want you to", the least braindead faggot of attitudes.
>>
>>52818370
found one
>>
>>52818378
Yes, you found someone who doesn't screech about other styles. Congrats.
>>
File: correct-way-to-play.png (292KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
correct-way-to-play.png
292KB, 200x281px
>>52818378
He is right though you know.
>>
>>52818348
>sideways: the tappening
>using coco for anything but combo
this is the competitive modern thread buddy, EDH is 2 blocks down
>>
>>52818442
And frontier is somewhere by the garbage dump.
>>
>>52818395
>implying all decks are created equally and deserve equal respect
wow that's pretty noble of you
does this mean I'm supposed to stop mocking people who play Lava Spike Tribal too?
>>
>>52818467
Yes.
>>
I only cast artisanal barrel aged dry rubbed Kamigawa block cards, anyone who does otherwise is a triple faggot shitowl.
>>
>>52818510
I only play cards from blocks with shitty CGI art, boring spells and Hasbro-mandated comic book protagonists.
What am I?
>>
>>52818467
If kids turning creatures sideways is so bad, just beat it and move on with your life. Or maybe that one lucky win a child peeled off you is what's keeping you from finally making it on the modern pro tour?
>>
>>52818550
>the modern pro tour
kek
>>
>>52818541
"This person thinks I'm silly for tearing up IRL at people playing the wrong cards, surely they must love standard!"
>>
so i've been playing around with collected company in a landfall shell. It has been working pretty reliably, but I would be interested in getting your thoughts.

Creature (32)
4x Knight of the Reliquary
4x Lotus Cobra
4x Qasali Ambusher
4x Renegade Rallier
4x Sakura-Tribe Elder
4x Steppe Lynx
4x Tireless Tracker
4x Wild Nacatl
Land (21)
4x Evolving Wilds
1x Forest
2x Kessig Wolf Run
1x Mountain
1x Plains
4x Sacred Foundry
4x Temple Garden
4x Windswept Heath
Instant (8)
4x Collected Company
4x Dromoka's Command

Sideboard (15)
3x Kitchen Finks
3x Lightning Bolt
2x Melira, Sylvok Outcast
2x Path to Exile
1x forest
2x Scavenging Ooze
2x Spirit of the Labyrinth
>>
>>52818571
>>52818550
The Wizards Defense Force is really working this early in the morning?
>>
File: HarshMentor.jpg (110KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
HarshMentor.jpg
110KB, 223x311px
>>52817548
*blocks your path*
>>
>>52818619
Wizards work nine-to five just like us muggles.
>>
File: whipflare.png (148KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
whipflare.png
148KB, 223x311px
>>52818625
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to this. Thankfully, there is an answer that I already run in my SB.
>>
>>52818619
I must be pretty bad at my job since I think wizards is fucking up a lot of shit. But keep on with that "anyone who disagrees is a shill" plan buddy.
>>
>>52818655
So, what happens when the Burn player casts Boros Charm choosing indestructible? Im,not saying it'll happen every time or that it's even the correct play in that situation, I just want to know what you would do.
>>
>>52818672
Sigh and hope for another answer like galvanic blast. At least using it that way means he isn't throwing it at my face.
>>
>>52818687
Interesting. I play Burn and wasn't really sold in Harsh Mentor. But if I look at it like Eidolon, where it's a must answer card in certain matchups (Affinity and this new Druid combo/Abzan off the top of my head) I think I can get behind it.

It's just such a strange card where it looks good, then bad, then good, then bad again.
>>
>>52818735
Well it depends on the board really. If steel overseer is my power card, I need to use my nexi to win, or spellskite is what's keeping me alive, then Mentor has got to go. If cranial plating, master of etherium, or a wide strategy with signal pest is what's going on, then not so much. Arcbound ravager depends on the life totals.
>>
>>52818467
>Lava Spike tribal
Burn is the only deck left that keeps that cancerous piece of shit Tron in check. Its the hero we need not the one we deserve.
>>
>>52819008
Lol i play both. Eat shit, dickbeards
>>
>>52819126
Both are cancer, Burn is just significantly less cancerous as it as least beatable by a large amount of sideboard cards in every color and tight play. The sideboard cards against Tron do nothing, the only one even decent is Fulminator Mage and even then you need a way to recur him for multiple uses. It doesnt help that they keep banning all of Trons bad matchups like Infect and Twin.
>>
>>52818735
it's a sideboard for burn. eidolon is going to rail people regardless but mentor can hit certain decks that are going to slip in before eidolon is resolved.
>>
File: 1476991462611.gif (407KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
1476991462611.gif
407KB, 359x371px
>have Mine and Power Plant on the field and an Expedition Map
>look at the visible fear in my opponents eyes as he plays his Tarmogoyf and passes
>scream loudly "Crack Map!"
>search up Tower
>untap draw slam Tower
>another screech "Tron is online!"
>tap all my lands hastily and add up the mana, its 7 perfect
>slam Karn
>mull around with my dice for a couple minutes deciding whether to + or - him
>finally exile my opponents land and say "its mine now"
>my next turn I play another Tron land and slam Ugin
>he scoops
>"good games man, Trons just such an intricate control deck, I really had a hard time choosing which land to play"
>>
So I want to build something RG since I already play Esper. Is T&N or Ponza better right now?
>>
>>52819689
Do you want to splash ?
If yes, I recomand B to play our lord and savior DSJ
>>
>>52819689
They both blow, but ponza has better match ups
>>
Hey guys I really like control decks like Tron but I don't like red or green because I lost to burn one time and I don't like vegetables. How's UW Tron right now?
>>
File: Azorius Signet_MM3.jpg (29KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Azorius Signet_MM3.jpg
29KB, 223x311px
>>52820014
A miserable little pile of signets.
>>
File: Paradox Haze_TSP.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Paradox Haze_TSP.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
Im really jonsed on this card. Is there any possible shenanigans that can go with it? I know chronomantic escape is something cheeky you could do.
>>
>>52820251
>chonomantic escape + paradox haze
Way too slow with too little of an effect to be worthwhile.

I mean, you can do a search for Modern cards with upkeep triggers and see, but nothing is ringing any bells.
>>
File: 1492677381441.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492677381441.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>LGS on my way home from work
>Didn't have time today for FNM
>Journey into Nyx discounted, pick 2 boosters
>Open foil Keranos
>mfw seeing its price

I know I should trade him for fetchlands or something, but I'm probably going to keep it, it looks amazing. Shame it's too expensive for UR Delver
>>
what would you like to see in Hour of Devastation that would theoretically improve the Modern meta?
>>
File: 42.jpg (31KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
31KB, 265x370px
>>52819689

Build Titanshift

>>52820251
Pic related for total jank
>>
>>52820438
Better non-basic land destruction.
>>
>>52820438

Better basic land destruction
>>
>>52820456
>>52820478
LD is badwrongfune and shall not be supported.
Except maybe as a Creature.
- Modern Mantra
>>
>>52820497
Even ghost quarter type effects would be fine.
>>
>>52820335
I mean, if you get more than 2 copies of haze out (im thinking about addi g 4 copy enchantment) then chronomantic escape turns into a lock of they can't counter it.
>>
>>52820534
Chronomantic escape is a sorcery. How are you using it to be more than a fog? Are you hoping to chain them together, in which case you need to draw multiple copies?
>>
>>52820573

3 upkeeps, you remove every time counter each turn

It's stupid, but if it gets online it should work
>>
>>52820601
Oh wait, I see now. I missed the part where it suspends itself again.

Still, this is a multiple card combo that doesn't win you the game.
>>
>>52820639
It locks them out of attacking so how are they gonna win?
>>
>>52820730
Lmao typical nu magic fag
>>
>>52820730
Non-creature combo or mill.

The real question is: how are you going to win, given that you've spent multiple spots to set up this combo?
>>
>>52820754
I dont see the problem here. Unless you are playing against burn or say a chandra ult?
>>
>>52820763
I was thinking either with a darksteel reactor or maybe milling them with sphinx tutalage?
>>
>>52820770
Or Ad Nauseam or Storm or Valakut or Lantern or anything that can disrupt the lock (Tron etc.).
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/esper-draw-go-v2/

thoughts? suggestions? I'm least sure about my win con right now desu.
>>
Ban the Urza lands
>>
>>52821063
Better fight to the death to make sure Blood Moon doesn't resolve.
>>
>>52821063
Not sure how I feel about Lingering Souls in main.
>>
>>52821147
Not him but I think it's pretty good. Lingering souls is busted against a lot of decks.
>>
>>52821188
That's why it's in the side already.
>>
>>52821063
23 lands feels a little low. I'd -1 Secure and -1 TT for 2 lands (1 being tar pit).
>>
>>52821205
I would argue it's good enough to have a spot in the main. It's a clock, it's a fog, it can blank discard, it just keeps on giving.
>>
>>52821327
It doesn't actually fit our game plan though. It isn't a finisher. It doesn't draw cards or counter spells. It's sorcery speed and not a sweeper.
>>
>>52816427

Needs more Pia's Revolution
>>
>>52819172
Twin/Tron as a whole match (instead of just looking at g1) was 50/50, educate yourself.
>>
>>52821372
It's a meta card that helps you stabilize against decks that want to rape your hand and hit you with 1 mana 8/8s and 2 mana 6/7s
>>
>>52821113
Having a counter on turn three isn't really an issue for me. If I don't have a counter but I do have Esper charm and the mana for it I can tap before BM resolves and use the mana in the pool to charm it.

If it resolves I'm probably fucked though
>>
>>52821147
I can see where you're coming from. It does work though and splitting the cost among turns doesn't hurt that badly in draw go.
>>
>>52821404
>want to rape your hand
Unless it's non-targeted like Lili, they can and will pick something else. If there's nothing else for them to pick, you've already lost.
>hit you with 1 mana 8/8s and 2 mana 6/7s
Which is why we run fatal push and path to exile, removing the thread rather than chumping it.
>>
>>52821430
You seem to live in some sort of fantasy land where the DSJ players are stupid and your hand is perfect
>>
>want to play a janky meme deck that doesn't upset people when it wins

What is the Cephalid Breakfast of Modern?
>>
>>52818159
Ban Eldrazi Temple.

It's pushing out decks that would have better game against Death's Shadow.
Turn 2 Thought-Knot Seer is bad and wotc should feel bad. Happens with some degree of consistency

Eldrazi Aggro is 12% on that chart, just 1% under Death's Shadow.
At the end of the day, Death's Shadow is a fair deck. It's simply well positioned in what is actually still an Eldrazi clusterfuck.

Ban Ancient Stirrings.

Tron, Eldrazi Aggro, Bant Eldrazi, Lantern all use it.
It would be enough if it could get you a creature or land, but then it also goes and allows you to get an artifact too.
It can give you extra consistency for a turn 2 Chalice of the Void to lock the game down, grab Ugin or Oblivion Stone or Engineered Explosives to wipe the board, or give selection for extra muscle like Walking Balista or an Eldrazi. In some builds it finds you Basilisk Collar (For Balista) or Eldrazi Displacer to prison-out the opponent.

Notice the solution to the T2 Chalice consistency is Thoughtseize, which puts Death's Shadow over other options like burn.
Death's Shadow is also a deck that gives a big fuck about tempo advantage so it naturally combats the opponent paying G every possible turn.

Every deck that wants to answer Death's Shadow must also somehow answer Tron AND Eldrazi. And also do decently against the rest of the field.

When you factor together Colorless Eldrazi, Bant Eldrazi, Tron and Lantern, you have well over 15% meta share.
Eldrazi Temple, Ancient Stirrings, or both, are in each of those decks.
Ban 'em.
>>
>>52821455
Forest belcher
>>
>>52821443
Err... know? If someone thoughtseizes you, why are they going to pick lingering souls instead of your esper charm or removal? If you don't have esper charm or removal, how are you going to win even with lingering souls?

I agree that lingering souls is helpful in the SB to bring in against certain matches, but it's not a mainboard card.
>>
>>52821430
>they discard all of your removal
What now?
>>
>>52821474
Then you lose, and lingering souls won't prevent that.
>>
>>52821470

...tell me more.
>>
>>52821471
I don't understand your reasoning. There are more matches you bring souls in rather than leave them out. And it's pretty much never a dead card. And it's such incredible value for a single card, it's almost unmatched in the modern card pool.

But it's not worth it because it's not an instant or a counter, in a deck that's built to take the long game where lingering souls will shine?
>>
>>52821487
>chump blocking for 4 turns won't prevent that
My personal experience playing junk tells me otherwise
>>
>>52821063
>23 lands
>MD Souls
>only 1 Rev
>more than a miser's copy of Mana Leak
>only two verdicts
>23 lands
Back to the drawing board, lad
>>
>>52821552
You run 6 forests and a stomping grounds
play all the ramp and 1 mana land tutors to get all 7 lands then drop a belcher
>>
>>52821564
>I don't understand your reasoning.
Then you don't understand what esper draw-go is trying to do.
>it's pretty much never a dead card
It is not contributing to our game plan.
>And it's such incredible value for a single card
Yes, but it isn't what we want to be doing.
>deck that's built to take the long game where lingering souls will shine
No, you are trading cards in order to chump block. The spot is better used by more counters or removal. The "clock" it provides is irrelevant since we have inevitability anyway.
>>
>>52821602
Junk is a midrange deck. Esper draw-go is not. They do not play the same.
>>
>>52821648
Is this why people call esper draw go a shitty meme deck? The pilots are too autistic to just play good card choices because they don't match the decks theory crafting?
>>
>>52821602
Souls works in chunk because you can use them to chump while you attack with other creatures. The chump blocking buys you time to win a race. Esper isn't going to race, they aren't going to control the board with creatures. They have to answer every threat, and souls doesn't do that outside of a handful of MUs where a 1/1 can actually block profitably.
>>
>>52821690
If you want to play good card, then by all means build a good-stuff midrange deck with my blessing. If you want to main Lingering Souls in Esper, it needs to be a tap-out build, not a draw-go build unless you are heavily metagaming.
>>
>>52821751
>>52821768
Well you see the GP Las Vegas results disagree. The is what a GOOD esper control deck looks like

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=15276&d=292820&f=MO
>>
>>52821690
It doesn't match the theorycrafting and it doesn't play out well in testing. I know this because unlike you I've actually tested it. But go ahead and run Souls anyway. Nobody else is going to complain if you make a barely viable deck even shittier.
>>
>>52821793
Two can play that game
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-esper-control-32587#paper

Also, GPT, not GP.
>>
>>52821793
>actually following mtgtop8's autistic naming scheme
That's a midrange deck senpai
Anon's trying to build Esper Draw-go
>>
>>52821793
>>52821893
Yeah, this. Come on man, that thing has Tasigur and Angler in the mainboard.

Glad the other anon pointed it out.
>>
>>52821893
Why build esper draw-go (bad) when you can build esper control (good) like the deck I linked?
>>
>>52821928
Why build either when you can build DSJ or Tron?
>>
>>52821465
Eldrazi aggro is eldrazi tron and bant eldrazi and only one of the decks use stirrings you moron and no deck uses it to grab chalice either or ballista either at least do some fucking research before crying for bans holy shit.
>>
tfw I posted the link to the esper draw go deck and people are fighting about main board souls when it was supposed to be 2 of in sideboard

Now that I have the two spots open what should I run in place? I'd prefer something that does damage and doesn't fuck with draw-go tempo.
>>
>>52821974
+1 verdict +1 creeping tar pit
>>
>>52821974
>Now that I have the two spots open what should I run in place?
LANDS
Your mana base is garbage right now

>I'd prefer something that does damage and doesn't fuck with draw-go tempo.
In that case, Clique
>>
File: 1492493541972.png (145KB, 262x271px) Image search: [Google]
1492493541972.png
145KB, 262x271px
>>52821465
>>
>>52821974
You need 26 lands and a reworked manabase honestly and I don't like serum visions in the deck at all from my experience. I don't know what your meta looks like but I was running ~2 spell snare and countersquall in my counter magic suite and 0 mana leak and more logic knot because leak is often useless in the deck since we will go long. I'd probably be running 3 wraths and less planeswalkers in the main but like I said I don't know your meta.

If you want damage and something that fits in to control then V Clique is what you want.
>>
File: BanMoxOpal.png (2MB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
BanMoxOpal.png
2MB, 1050x590px
>>52815483
Please use this image for the next modern thread it took me a very long time to make and it would help my low self esteem
>>
>>52823381
Pathetic desu
>>
>>52823610
You're patheitc
>>
>>52821793

That isn't a control deck, it's delver minus delver.
>>
>Playing?
Grixis delver
>Hating?
Grixis shadow for being better
>Brewing?
Nothing atm, might try to fit black delver into Grixis shadow
Harsh mentor might get some sideboard slots
I'm not sure what this is referring to, but I like to believe so
>>
>>52823730
>it's delver minus delver
What's 1 minus 1?
>>
>>52822258
What do you mean by rework the mana base? What is the problem and what needs to be reworked?
>>
>>52815483
>Karn Liberated, for keeping control faggotry out of our glorious format
Lol, you dont understand how modern work, do you? Karn has nothing to do with the lack of control in modern.
>>
>>52824059
Too many shocklands and checklands, not enough fetches and basics. 4 Colonnade is better than the 2/2 split.

Also you need 25 lands if you play Serum and 26 if you don't. Why? Turn 4 wrath/cryptic and big revs are the best plays you have, to pull those off reliably you need to make land drops all game.
>>
>>52824043

>[delver, the archetype including delve cards for cheap threats] minus [delver, the aggressive U flyer]

cut 4 delvers for lingering souls and that's that list basically
>>
>>52821793
>I actually know the guy that played that deck
And yes it's midrange/tempo not control
>>
>>52824059
you're not running nearly enough fetchlands for the revolt on push, you should be running full flooded and polluted. You need to readjust if you're splitting between collonade and tar pit and adjust UW accordingly. That 26th land is also important if you're going to run 2 sphinx's rev because you need the land for making land drops on time and the payoff. You also need 3 basic island for blood moon as well. Just my opnion by tar pit is shit in this deck and you're better off with collonade.

As for the changes I see, I think 2 clique main is too much I'd probably split them between the side. This isn't really a deck where you want mana leak at all. You can't close games quickly and it almost always becomes a useless card lategame and it doesn't exactly play nicely with path. For reference my suite looked something like 3 logic knot, 2 countersquall and 2 spell snare but obviously that's meta dependent.
>>
File: IMG_5553.jpg (37KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5553.jpg
37KB, 401x401px
>>52824075
suspicious as fuck
>>
File: Image.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
131KB, 223x311px
>>52818625
> *shove
>>
>>52815688
What about the zoo that use retreat to coralhelm+knight of the reliquary?
>>
>>52824734
>>
>>52824744
I mean, you asked for something that can beat face and win with a combo, doesn't that work?
>>
>>52824734
that version of knightfall is shit senpai he's better off playing regular knightfall

t. knightfall player
>>
File: 1491953479554.png (261KB, 292x406px) Image search: [Google]
1491953479554.png
261KB, 292x406px
>Playing
Unfinished naya burn
>Hating
Tron
>brewing
Nada
Planning on getting a playset of harsh mentor to test out.
And nope, meme status until proven otherwise
>>
>>52824836
Doesn't Burn have a good matchup against Tron?
>>
>>52824781
Is the deck any good? I always loved the knight, such a cool creature
>>
Got a rules question for anyone who might know:

>Make Gideon a creature.
>Copy Gideon with some clone effect.
>Sac the original real Gideon due to the x2 planes walker rule.

Is the copied Gideon a 4/4 indestructible or is a whole new Gideon planeswalker card, if so how many loyalty counters does he come into play with?
>>
>>52824836
Great card. Modern card? Probably not (not bad in the sideboard though).
Legacy on the other hand, oh man this guy seems nuts.
>>
>>52824144
I honestly don't get the appeal of collonade in draw go, besides the fact he fills a land slot instead of a creature/spell slot.

You're tapping 5 on your turn to swing 4? He still dies to most removal besides bolt and sorcery speed stuff like liliana

You need at least 7 open mana to somewhat safely attack with him which leaves you with 2 mana on turn 7-8 for a single counterspell
>>
>>52824879
Oh yeah and if it is a 4/4 does it turn back into a Gideon planeswalker at the end and die because it has no loyalty?
>>
>>52820251
azor's elocutors wins in 3 turns with fog instead of 5
>>
>>52824866
Yea, usually.
I just think it's an unfair deck. Not that any of it is ban worthy, I just think it says a lot about someone if that's the deck they play.
>>
>>52824879
Generally speaking, a whole new Gideon planeswalker card.
>>
>>52824885
Oh the full playset won't be MB, but maybe something like 4 gg, 4 swiftspear, 4 eidolon and 1 or 2 harsh mentor. Maybe he'll put in more work than lavamancer
>>
>>52824915
>Tron is an unfair deck
>plays Burn
ummmmmm......
>>
>>52824944
So it's just a new Gideon with 4 loyalty on it?
>>
>>52824892
You don't activate it unless its safe or you have no other options. Unlike Tar Pit it can block fliers and most small aggro creatures and it doesn't die to bolt. W is also more important than B in the deck, and it's easier to come by multiple W lands so you can active the Colonnade. You can't activate Tar Pit if it's your only B source.
>>
File: 1492312134322.jpg (12KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492312134322.jpg
12KB, 224x225px
>>52824959
>burn is unfair
>>
>8 player Modern FNM
>Playing Ponza
>Round 1 v Abzan didn't see a single Blood Moon in 3 games despite multiple mulligans
>Lost
>Round 2 v Scapeshift didn't see a single Blood Moon in 2 games despite a mulligan
>Lose
>Dropped the last round and played 2 games of Ascension
I really hate this game.
>>
File: 158.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
158.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>52824944
Also what about if I use pic related. Would he be a 4/4 indestructible Gideon?
>>
>>52824961
It's a creature Gideon with indestructible.
>>
>>52825123
Really so if I do that and have the new Amonkhet Gideon counter I just can't lose unless they exile it?
>>
>>52825096
If you run 4 blood moons, you have ~53% chance of opening with it or drawing it in the first three turns.

Variance happens.
>>
File: IMG_2835.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2835.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-best-card-in-modern-from-amonkhet-will-change-the-format/

>still running a ballista as the wincon
>2017

V I Z I E R
O F
T H E
M A N A G E R I E

In time they will see.
>>
>>52825096
Maybe play a better deck
>>
>>52825132
If they can't remove it from the board without destroying it, then yes you can't lose. This even prevents you from milling out. You just sit there not drawing for turn until your opponent mills out.
>>
>>52825165
Which means I not only beat the odds, I fucking DESTROYED them.
>>
>>52825179
This card doesn't help you win at all
>>
>>52824879
It is not a creature. It enters the battlefield with four loyalty counters.
>>
>>52825179
The problem with it is that it's 4 cmc.
>>52825209
I mean, in a midrange deck it definitely does. It's card advantage on a stick.
>>
>>52825209
It's a better card than Ballista famalam.

>inb4 no seer meme
>>
>>52825251
Ballista is cmc0 so they both fail the CoCo test. Pick your poison.
>>
>>52825296
Hitting Ballista puts revolt online ;^)
>>
>>52820497
Let them keep their lands then and throw in shit like price of progress to make them think twice about using greedy mana bases.
>>
>>52824879
Man, I hope you're still around and not playing the game incorrectly.

Read rules 613 Interaction of Continuous Effects and rule 706 Copying Objects. If you resolve a loyalty ability of a Gideon Planeswalker card turning him into a creature, then cast a Clone copying Gideon, the Clone becomes a copy of that Gideon Planeswalker card (or once you read the rules, as Gideon exists in Layer 1). It will not have any replacement effects applied, i.e. Gideon as a 4/4 creature.

It really bugs me when people don't play by or understand the rules, but Magic can be a complicated game sometimes.
>>
>>52825096
>not playing 8moon
You did this to yourself by picking the inferior meme deck
>>
File: ouch.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>52825096
this reminds me of the games where i see thirty cards without finding a griselbrand or dig 14 and don't hit a shoal
>mfw
>>
>>52826421
>tfw Blightning was my 2nd favorite card when it was in standard (first being Cruel Ultimatum of course)
>can't find a home for it in modern
It hurts.
>>
>>52826458
A friend of mine runs 8Rack with a R splash for Blightning. He does anywhere from okay to pretty well at FNM, so I guess that's an option.
>>
>>52826458
resolving a turn 3 blightning is usually pretty lit but it's hard to justify not running 4 k commands before the first blightning and there's only so much space in the 3cmc slot. shame, because blightning has such superior art too
>>
>>52826458
Make mardu burn with this and kommand
>>
>>52826535
>burn with multiple 3 cmc spells
nah
>>
>>52820358
>foil Keranos
MAD FUCKING JELLY
>>
>>52815483
so, whats the latest in Decks and deck brewing?

i'll be needing to get a few of the amonkhet stuff because as fortold is really good but anything else besides that?
>>
What's the most aspie/autistic token you've ever seen in Magic?

This is the first one I've made and I'm still working out the little kinks.

>Buy weird little mobile printer
>It makes stickers!
>Walking through local craft store
>See little 2.5" by 3.5" metal cards
>Realize they're perfect for my card sleeves
>Look for trap/cat anime art
>Decide this art will be perfect
>Get everything ready
>Show my friends
>They stare in disbelief

I did a good thing today, /tg/.

Does anyone have any art they think would make for some good tokens for a sperglord such as myself?
>>
>>52828956

I used this art for a friend who asked for an "elf warrior" token.

He was thrilled.
>>
>>52824836
see
>>52824560
>>
>>52828987
Is this sakimi-chan's?
>>
UNBAN DARK DEPTHS

FREE MARIT LAGE
>>
>>52829097
Fuck off shit poster y
>>
>>52829083

Good on you for recognizing it, Anon!
>>
>>52829201
how is that shit posting?

There is literally zero (0) reason for dark depths to remain banned.
>>
>>52829212
You would cry like a bitch when you get fucked by turn 2 20/20 indestructible
>>
>>52829212
>literally have Path or lose
Yeah, no reason at all.
>>
File: Fatal Push.xlhq.jpg (598KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Fatal Push.xlhq.jpg
598KB, 745x1040px
Players said I wasn't a good card in Modern until I pushed them onto a salt pile.
>>
>>52824910
Skyship Plunderer for faster wins.
>>
>>52825179
>clause three
I really wish Wizards wasn't playing with fire trying to enable actual five color decks.
>>
>>52829285
>purposely make a modern staple
>give it shitty art

I hate it.
>>
File: 1460867150126.jpg (192KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460867150126.jpg
192KB, 1280x960px
>tfw u chord for 6 and slam ruric thar in response to past in flames
lmao

>tfw they read it
>turn pale
>start sweating
>shuffle hand 7-8 times
>slowly pick up cards and shuffle them into deck
LMAO
>>
>>52829390
Wait 15 years for the masterpiece version
it's even worse
>>
File: 1491927884252.jpg (27KB, 705x696px) Image search: [Google]
1491927884252.jpg
27KB, 705x696px
>mfw someone at my FNM was playing Naya Eldrazi CoCo Tron
How the fuck is any meme deck like Kithkin or Deadly Spiders Jund supposed to compete when there are real people playing this kinda shit?
>>
>>52829855

wew laddy and I thought the local esper thopter gift rites eldrazi tron player was the dankest meme master around
>>
>>52829855
Just bring a deck of 61 lands
>>
Wasn't there a memer in these threads a while back who was playing Ad Naus mixed with another deck (Eldrazi or something like that?)
It was basically one of the FotM decks and he added an Ad Naus/Grace package and it the chuckles it gave were quite sensible
>>
>>52829878
>Lost in the Woods
>60 Forests

I've done it before. Good times were had.
>>
>>52823381
I love it. Thanks for your effort anon :)
>>
File: hotnewfotmdeckmeme.png (693KB, 1122x795px) Image search: [Google]
hotnewfotmdeckmeme.png
693KB, 1122x795px
2 Duskwatch or 1 Duskwatch?

I want more one more spice slot, but 2 seems correct.

>2017.5AD
>not playing the best deck in the format weeks in advance through precognitive remote viewing
the FUCK are you even doing lads???
>>
>>52830883
Courser may be out of place, other than being a goodstuff.
He's defensive, which is good, and value is never bad, but he's the least synchronistic card for jamming the combo, and the slot could be something more focused. Card advantage is cool though.
>>
File: IMG_20170422_001452.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_001452.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
Damn, this foil is prettier than I expected.
>>
File: 1458283465679.jpg (81KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1458283465679.jpg
81KB, 500x333px
>>52831016
psssst hey kid, over here..
wanna see my helix meme??
https://pastebin.com/kk1UZwUF

keep it secret
>>
>>52826421
think i jinxed myself
I lost a game 3 today where i was 30 literal cards deep and didn't see any of my 4 goryo's vengeance or 4 through the breach

>>52830011
i remember that
it was indeed eldrazi stompy with ad naus
desu i'm a bigger fan of living end + scapeshift memery
>>
File: 54.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
Bant Eldrazi spice? Gets any land, meaning you can grab Eldrazi Temple or Ghost Quarter, is card advantage and helps mulligans
>>
>>52828956
I have Katt from breath of fire 2 1/1 vigilance tokens for Brimaz

Also, they need to unban my girl. She is a fair card.
>>
>>52832037
shit like this is why we need anything before first Ravnica to go.
>>
>>52832339
A bad card that doesnt see Modern play is why we need to get rid of everything before Ravnica block?
>>
>>52832339
waiter this meme is stale
>>
>>52832456
His meme may be stale but Wayfarer is spice. A one or two of to go search up Temples is sweet.
>>
>>52816427
Where's "definetively not an Atog" and fling?
>>
>pre-release sealed pool was complete shit
>got a playmat anyway
Also is there a ban announcement Monday? Free SFM
>>
>>52833169
>got a playmat anyway
Do you collect playmats or something, or was it included?
>>
File: playmatMockup_youngBurromancer.png (723KB, 1000x588px) Image search: [Google]
playmatMockup_youngBurromancer.png
723KB, 1000x588px
>>52833570
They went around and gave out a few playmats for free. They asked all the people in a row of tables a question and gave a playmat to the best response. They asked my ideal job and I suck so hard at these questions and I said wizard.
It's this playmat
>>
>>52833169
Mine was pretty shit too, anon. No clue how I ended up 3-1 with such a pile of shit. Nine packs and the most expensive card I opened was $2.50.

Meanwhile there were FIFTEEN Gideons floating around my prerelease of about 35 people. Luckily, I always had a Fan Bearer for him.
>>
>>52834248
In all my games I never saw a mythic on either side. I'd walk over and check a friend's match out and they were playing with multiple gods on each side. Just got on the wrong side of variance I guess.
>>
>>52834382
I played against a Gideon every match.

Fan Bearer is my fucking MVP for life.
>>
So my Dredge sideboard is
4 Leyline
4 Nature's Claim
2 Lightning Axe
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Gnaw to the Bone
1 Vengeful Pharaoh
2 Ancient Grudge

Vs Death's Shadow should I bring in either the Leylines or 2 Axe (kills Shadow most of the time) 1 Gnaw 1 Pharaoh? I'm assuming their hate for g2 is either Surgical or 1-shot effects like Spellbomb, vs which Grudge/Claim does basically nothing. Ghost Quarter also has the chance of running them out of lands/black sources if the game goes long.
>>
File: 1316181646926.jpg (56KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1316181646926.jpg
56KB, 400x500px
I had a nightmare where Glorybringer had a place in burn.
>>
File: 20170422_111922.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_111922.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Am I a patrician?
>>
>>52835380

>Owns two of the best cards in the format, one copy of affinity synergy and a random thrun

what exactly about this is supposed to be patrician?
>>
>>52835380
>MM15 Karn
poor form desu
>>
File: 14928749558891397523339.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
14928749558891397523339.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>52835407
I guess the angle makes it hard to tell.
The thrun deck is stompy.

>>52835451
There were 8 bucks cheaper. At $40 CDN they were a steal.
>>
>>52835352
Shh it's ok anon, it was just a dream.
>>
>>52830883
Sac mog fanatic in response to coco/cord targeting visera seer?
>>
File: 1492305329714.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
1492305329714.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJoDewazyk
>$934 for a meme deck
wew lad
>>
Sorry for asking a noob question, but I am a noob after all.

If I have equipped a creature with an artifact and/or enchantment, what happens when the creature gets destroyed or exiled? Do the artefacts and enchantment stay on the battlefield and I can equip some other creature with them or so they get removed from play too? If the creature gets exiled, is the enchantment/artifact exiled too or put in graveyard? If so, if I return them from graveyard/exile, does the equipped artifact tag alomg?
>>
>>52835487
Why would you use Thrun to represent stompy? He's sideboard fodder at best.
>>
>>52835546
Equipment will stay on the battlefield, enchantments will go to the graveyard. Sometimes an effect will exile/destroy all things attached to the creature though, but the card will specify if it does so. Hope that helps.
>>
>>52835560
Because he is the only card in the deck worth more than 3 dollars. Also because I'm gay. I run thrun in the main because my LGS is full of shitters who jerk off to the very thought of playing blue
>>
>>52831016
>>52831213
More shameless samefagging
>>
>>52835533
>the faggot recommend playing Faeries
hue
>>
>>52835588
Thanks a lot.
>>
Another noob question.

I'm just playing with other noobs, and so far we've ruled that spells are creature spells if they affect a creature in the context of countering/negating such spells. Is that correct? Or is every creature considered a spell when laying it on the battlefield?

Example; opponent lays down a creature onto the battlefield. Can i remove that creature from play by playing "Failed inspection"? (Counter target spell.) If so, what would be the appropriate sequence for doing so?
>>
>>52835764
If the creature hit the field no, you can't counter it.

When it's on the stack how ever you can counter it.

All creatures are also counted as spells when they're cast.
>>
>>52835764
When a card is on the stack (after you have cast it but before it has resolved) it is a spell, always. Artifacts, creatures, enchantments, planeswalkers, they're all spells on the stack, lands are the only exception, those do not use the stack to enter play. So a "creature spell" is a spell that is also a creature. Once the card enters play it is not a spell anymore, it is whatever permanent type is written on the card.

Your play group should REALLY watch a video or read an article or something about the stack, because it sounds like you guys have no fucking clue how the game actually works.
>>
>>52835813
Thanks, that clears it up.

>>52835857
That's good to know.

And yes, we've just begun playing. I'm sure you weren't the foremost expert on MtG when you first picked up a deck either. Hence the questions.
>>
>>52835380
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>52835764
>we've ruled

Stop.
Why are you making up your own rulings. This isn't a homeruled tabletop RPG. This is a game that has actual lawyers around to help write rulings.

Pull up your phone and download the MTG: Judge Core App and actually read and reference the correct rules while you play.
>>
What other deck can give me the satisfying feeling of turn two chaining multiple BTEs into a surged Bushwhacker?
>>
>>52835927
I'm sure you're unaware of this fact, but this is a competitive general, so you're gonna get a healthy dose of snark when you ask questions like "what is a creature spell?"
>>
>>52836002
Affinity?
>puke your whole hand by turn 2 and swing with a fuckhuge ornithopter
>>
>>52836002
>turn two

Pleb.

Mountain > Exile SSG > Burning tree emissary x4 > Reckless Bushwhacker
>>
>>52836065
The everyday life w/ the deck is more like
>mull your seven since it's always shit
>keep a six that has couple enablers, 2 mana and a payoff, scry shit to bottom
>play turn 1 payoff which eats a bolt if it's overseer or gets discarded if you're on the draw
>lose, win g2 with etched champion beats and lucksack plating draws
>proceed to lose g3 to hate of your choice, mostly stony silence or 2-3 grudges
>>
>>52836080
>SSG in 8whack
For what reason outside of trying to meme the opponent with turn 1 or 2 bloodmoon
>>
>>52836169
isn't that reason enough?
>>
>>52836191
No because I don't play blood moon.
>>
>>52836080
>not manamorphosing into a topdeck Goblin Bushwhacker for an extra 2 damage
Do you even whack?
>>
>>52836140
Hey I can do this too!
>always mull your 7 because it's bad
>keep the six because it has a nykthos and some burning tree emissarries
>primetime discarded turn 1
>ramp into garruk but not even the tokens and 15 mana a turn can save you
>game 2 win by chaining witness and primal commands
>game 3 scoop to turn 2 blood moon

Is Green Devotion Tier 1 yet guys?
>>
>>52836228

>implying anything here gets you additional damage

manamorphose is a cycle and mana you already had, you're already spending it on the bushwhacker in the guy you're replying to's post
>>
>>52836054
Or, y'know, the people who feel the need to be snarky and arrogant when answering basic questions just have a deep-rooted need to feel superior which in itself is just kind of sad.

>>52835978
Because it made sense to us at the time and we're just playing casually without a great need to be 100% accurate on every single thing. We just play with the rules we know at the time and learn more between sessions. Also we come from a background of homeruled tabletops and since we're just playing casually for fun being 100% official rule conforming is meh during sessions.
>>
>>52836424
>Or, y'know, the people who feel the need to be snarky and arrogant when answering basic questions just have a deep-rooted need to feel superior which in itself is just kind of sad.

Harboring thoughts like this is going to make your continued exposure to the Magic community short and nasty.
>>
>>52836424
OK, you got your answers bud. Now go away
>>
>>52836460

He's not wrong, answering reasonable questions with a handful of put downs does nobody any good except maybe the person who makes himself feel better by putting someone else down. But it's on him to accept that it happens and take it upon himself to sift through the bullshit for the good information. If being shit on anonymously on the internet is too much for him to handle he has some coping mechanisms to develop.
>>
>>52826818

I obviously got shit in the prerelease today though
>>
>>52836424
or you're just a fucking nigger

fucking nigger
>>
>>52835533
Faeries isn't a meme deck, it's just a bad deck.
>>
>>52837055
This. I mean I don't think the deck can actually win before turn 8 or something. The clock is just so painfully slow and it doesn't do anything overly powerful
>>
>>52836768
>But it's on him to accept that it happens and take it upon himself to sift through the bullshit for the good information. If being shit on anonymously on the internet is too much for him to handle he has some coping mechanisms to develop.
Just pointing out that snarky shit is unnecessary. Ive been on 4chan since 2006 so stuff like that doesn't make me google "how to tie a noose". I recieved good answers for my questions which I appreciate.
>>
>>52818615
so it's bant knightfall without the combo
>>
>>52818174
With the new cycling toys in Amonkhet, and whatever else comes in hour of devastation, it might be alright for Living End to lose Street Wraith too. I think it's an okay ban, but I wouldn't be excited about it
>>
>>52818159
Id ban traverse and ancient stirrings. Both are degenerate enablers
>>
>>52828956
when i played yugioh some guy showed up with naked anime girl sleeves

later on he had to resleeve his cards so yeah no don't do this
>>
>>52819275
Yeah, exactly, they're very different cards.
Eidolon IS going to hurt you. Like all your other cards, you play it, and damage is done. Harsh mentor is nothing like it, but when it's gonna hit, it's gonna hit hard.
>>
>>52837494
>Eidolon IS going to hurt you.
Not necessarily.
>>
>>52837400
>I think it's an okay ban
This place is retarded
>>
WHAT about THESE ultrapro ECLIPSE sleeves I'VE heard THEY'RE pretty GOOD, has ANYONE tried THEM?
>>
>>52837433
Just kill yourself you mongoloid
>>
Anyone know the brand of these sleeves, they have the coloured back but the front is very prismatic like foiling when you move them around in diamond/triangle type patterns
>>
>>52838047
traverse is a strictly better GSZ in decks that enable it and Ancient stirrings is literally the best cantrip in the game for colorless deck. Both have similar cards that are banned as well so that's why they shouldn't be in the format.

So maybe you should just kill yourself mongoloid.
>>
>>52838829
>in decks that enable it
There you go retard. That's why it's fine.
>>
>>52838047
Wel maybe not traverse but stirrings. Or maybe eldrazi temple or the tron lands. I dont know, i hate eldrazi being so prevalent.
>>
>>52838938
>There you go retard. That's why it's fine.
Oh so you have some loose deckbuilding restriction like play colorless cards which literally isn't a restriction in Tron, Eldrazi or Lantern and play fetchlands and free cantrips in delirium deck. If they conditions were actually hard to meet I'd feel you but as it is right now this shit has no drawback at all and is a huge payoff.
>>
File: 92.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
92.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
Playable in a Deaths Shadow brew with a few Sengir Autocrat?
>>
>>52838829
>gsz works no matter what
>traverse needs setup
Wow, now do you see you fucking idiot. Don't tell me it doesn't need setup either or decks wouldn't be running tarfire, street wraith and Bauble

>>52839025
>cards are good in certain decks I don't play waaaah
>>
>>52839001
the only eldrazi deck that uses stirrings is Bant and it's going down in metagame shares currently. You'd hit Gx tron with that too but Tron doesn't have a particularly high share either so I don't get your reasoning there.
>>
>>52839025
Then ban black cards because you only have to play black lands and you get to play cards. Like what the fuck, my soul sisters deck can't even play Inquisition. This game is so dumb
>>
>>52839052
>""""""setup"""""
>lmao free cantrips and fetchs coupled with t1 discard so hard
>implying any lists still run tarfire unless it's a 2 of tops
>implying you have an argument for stirrings
>implying it requires setup
wew lad kys my man
>>
Is there a reason burn doesn't run x4 Atarka's command? Especially if the alternative is running some amount of Skullcracks?
>>
>>52839136
I don't need an argument for fair cards if you can't deal with tutors and fucking cantrips you are shit. Fuck off. You're just shitposting at this point
>>
>>52839138
Kitty lists usually do but atarka's gets a little worse when you can't go as wide and hurts you a bit more for not a lot of payoff. Most burn players have been switching to RW lately with a G splash in the board which is probably why it's not as prevalent.
>>
File: 20170422_152902.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_152902.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Let us pray for Monday.
>>
>>52839136
Would you just leave already. Go back to the standard thread or wherever you crawled out from. Nobody cares about your terrible opinions.
>>
>>52839163
>''''''''fair cards""""
>ponder is banned
>stirrings is ponder on steroids
Yeah sure is a fair card here senpai
>>
>>52839183
>nigger
>>
>>52839186
>ponder goes in any deck and can be splashed for blue
Try running ancient stirring in storm, ad nauseum or delver. See how OP it is then. Fucking mental midgets on a rampage today
>>
>>52839214
>There's niggers who enjoy the same hobby I do. What is the world coming to? I thought Papa Trump and Electro would stop this.
>>
>>52839221
My point was that colorless decks get a super ponder for no fucking reason you mong. Just because you play memedrazi or colorless cads doesn't mean you should get a strictly better ponder for your deck while everyone else has to use serum visions.
>>
>>52839298
>for no fucking reason
What do you even mean by this? What reason is there for any of the cards?
You're just saying shit. Red shouldn't get lightning Bolt because other decks don't get burn spells. Why does white get path to exile while black is stuck with fatal push?
I don't even play these decks, you're just an idiot.

Stop posting any time
>>
>>52839298
Not even that guy but Ad Nauseam decks get to run a 0 mana counterspell, why aren't you complaining about that? Stirrings only looks retarded because Wizards printed midrange goodstuff Eldrazi. Affinity players have never even considered the card.
>>
File: 1475644010564.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475644010564.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>mfw anon is shredding the ban traverse retard
>>
If they would ban anything I think it would be death's shadow itself. The only cards I think that should even be considered for a ban would be SSG,Mox Opal and maybe,MAYBE eldrazi temple.

Aside from bans I feel wizards really needs to print more relevant white and blue cards. The main reason the format feels unbalanced is that two colors are for the most part absent. We also need more relevant discard hate cards and ways to interact with lands.
>>
>>52839721
smhtbhfam UW draw-go control is the hot new meme about to break out on the scene but nobody has hopped on the train yet

buy your sphinx revs and verdicts before they spike
>>
>>52839748
>t. Rev hoarder
>>
>>52839748
I keep hearing people say this, but I haven't seen a list

Or is it the deck with 4 Spreading Seas?
>>
>>52839748
Deck was shit. Deck is still shit.
>>
>>52839887
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=15276&d=292823&f=MO

the lists are pretty varied, the main thing that changes between them is 1.) wall of omens 2.) number of snapcasters 3.) mainboard negate

tailor to your expected meta I suppose.
>>
>>52839721
>ssg
>mox opal
Neither of those cards are a problem currently and likely never will be, but keep trying to force this meme senpai.
>>
>>52840136
You will eat those words one day. Trust me.
>>
>>52815483
whats a fun modern deck that isnt ungody expensive?
>>
>>52840455
define ungodly expensive

you know what, never mind, just ballpark me a budget to work with
>>
>>52818619
where did the merchants touch you. you can tell us.
>>
>>52839183
I have a hot memetrain all ready to port down from legacy should it happen. let me play stoneforge and thalia in modern plz.
>>
>>52839214

you must be 18 or older to post on this site
>>
>>52839721
What Nephalia Academy wasn't OP enough for you?
>>
I love how cancel is borderline too good for standard and blue counters in general, but spell queller is fine because it's a creature. It doesn't even care about uncounterable
Lmao wotc
>>
>>52829247

>dies to fatal push

:)
>>
>>52820251

Not really. Fact is, if you're not spending t3 interacting, it needs to be setting you up to win the game. This is a brick which will give you marginal value per turn based on permanent triggers which also require to stay on the board.

It's a super cool card and I spent good hours in my day trying to build around it but it just isn't competitive. Sorry anon.
>>
>>52840530
400-500 dollars

i think i saw the one rai chick deck around that one but i havent tried a 4 color deck yet
>>
>>52841162
uhhhhh no, it doesn't

I mean, you can fatal push marit lage but it doesn't die from it
>>
>>52840877
Cancel is fucking trash in every format.
>>
>>52841275
I know. That's what I'm saying. But spell queller, which is infinitely better is allowed because it is a creature.
When I say it's almost too strong, I mean that's how wotc see it
>>
>>52841275
It counters any spell. Is 3 cmc that much of a deal beaker?
>>
>>52840877
Just kill the queller, like holy shit
>>
>>52840877
you do realize you can kill/remove with *insert favorite creature removal card here*
>>
>>52841262

oh lmao right

indestructible

epic
>>
>>52841299
Wow. Everything is complaining to you hey? I'm just making a point. But your shit reading comprehension can't uncover that
>>
>>52841257
Well that's decent enough. there are many decks that clock in just around $600 or less so I'm going to list a few just over $500 as well

naya burn
hatebears
eldrazi & taxes
dredge
monogreen elves
bogles
emeria titan
U-tron
UW gifts tron
Skred
esper gifts-rites
ad nauseam
living end

all of these are within or very close to your budget, with some examples being more or less depending on specific card and sideboard choices.
>>
>>52840877
??? Cancel was literally just reprinted in standard. Standard already has a strictly better cancel. What the actual fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>52841736
>Esper Gift-Rites

Do people still play that? Is it still tier 6.5?
>>
>>52841813
it's a strictly small local FNM deck, unfortunately. people have been having some success recently with 4c gift control decks but those are way outside the given budget.

but it doesn't matter what level of play you're at, cheating out elesh norn or iona is always fun
>>
new

>>52841944
>>
>>52841774
It's not hard. In wotc eyes anything is fine as long as it's on a creature. The best counterspell we get in years is attached to a creature. Pure spell counters are bad wrong fun. I didn't know a simple observation about modern mtg card design would cause mass confusion
>>
>>52841297
Yes, absolutely. It's why everyone who runs counterspells opts for the cheaper conditional counters. Until Counterspell itself gets a modern legal reprint, modern will not be running a non-conditional counter.

>>52841285
It isn't though, Spell Queller is actually garbage.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.