[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 50

File: ben-ben.jpg (78KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
ben-ben.jpg
78KB, 480x680px
"Does your general have ass" Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Which Commander/General seems to sway your table the most as soon as it comes down?
>>
>>52810759
>Which Commander/General seems to sway your table the most as soon as it comes down?

My table always hates out Rashmi, Eternities Crafter whenever she comes down. They are too afraid of UG good stuff, even though my deck isn't a particularly cancerous version of it. I swear, you resolve Mind's Dilation while Rashmi is on the field once in a deck with only one tutor and everybody loses their minds.
>>
BLUE BOARDWIPES

I NEED SOME
>>
>>52811558
Aetherspouts
Aetherize
Cyclonic Rift
>>
>>52811586
THANKS I APPRECIATE IT
>>
File: 3501746-afrosamurai.jpg (148KB, 960x606px) Image search: [Google]
3501746-afrosamurai.jpg
148KB, 960x606px
Toshiro alter on the way.

Didn't see new thread
>>
So, I had an idea for Yidris Domain as a nice middle ground between chaos goodstuff and warp world.

I'm going Yidris because white seems to be the weakest color for Domain, and Domain doesn't care about what you paid to cast it.
That being said, not having any Converge stuff is a bit bothersome.

Would it be worth it to put some of the better 5- Converge cards in?

And are there any ways to get full domain in a 4 color deck, other than Nylea's Presence and Prismatic Omen?
>>
File: IMG_7232.jpg (408KB, 1577x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7232.jpg
408KB, 1577x750px
Signets, Keyrunes, or Cluestones?
>>
>>52811833
Signet>Cluestone>Keyrune
>>
File: 514IamIAmUL.jpg (48KB, 312x442px) Image search: [Google]
514IamIAmUL.jpg
48KB, 312x442px
I just bought this dude and I want to make the most Bolas themed EDH deck possible.

Planeswalker Bolas, Cruel Ultimatum, Slave of Bolas, Dark Intimations, Sarkhan the Mad and Tezzy, Agent of Bolas are in.

What else should I get?
>>
File: Leo.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Leo.png
132KB, 223x311px
is he ever going to get banned or can we expect to see leovold winning every commander game he's in until the end of time?
>>
File: Image.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
129KB, 223x311px
I've been mulling over making a more competitive deck for a while now, and have finally settled on Tasigur as my commander. The group meta isn't terribly cutthroat, but some of my other decks are a little bit lower in power level, mostly because I haven't really put any money into them.

So, any tips/criticism for this deck? Consider me as a budget conscious player, if that makes things slightly easier.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/603235#paper

I've been running it on xmage for roughly a week, and have been doing pretty well with it, but suggestions are always welcome.
>>
>>52812080
Throne of the God-Pharaoh

Vengeful Pharaoh
>>
>>52811833
>>52811860
Talismans you plebs.
>>
>>52812109

Oh, another question. Given access to green, is it best to use land ramp (Cultivate etc), mana rocks, or a mix of both? If a mix, how do you generally split it?
>>
>>52812099
He's not getting banned. If the Leo player is winning 3+ v 1 in your meta then you need to stop sucking or politely tell the Leo player he's too powerful for your meta.
>>
>>52812183
i'm the leo player in my competitive group though. all but the one budget brago player has an almost totally optimized competitive t1-t2 deck, and i generally only lose if someone has a really early counterspell for me. most of the rest of the group has all started running leovold in the 99 if they're in the colors.
>>
Does anyone have a competitive EDH list for Teysa, Orzhov Scion? What are the best one mana creatures for her?
Ive seen Doomed Traveller, Gravecrawler, and Soul's Attendant played
>>
>>52811145
>Which Commander/General seems to sway your table the most as soon as it comes down?

Avacyn, Angel of Hope.
>>
>>52812346
she's not really gonna be able to compete with the real big boys as far as comp commander goes, but an optimized build for her would be a pile of tutors, darkest hour, and sac outlets to take advantage of that. oh and make sure there's a skullclamp somewhere in there too.
>>
>>52812217
>competitive

Well there's your problem.
>>
>>52810759
At the league my LGS hosts Leovold, Animar, and Zur see a lot of hate also most UW control lists or any deck that runs tangle wire and sphere/thorn effects.
>>
>>52812433
i mean if a commander is too strong for a real competitive group, that shit could wreak havoc on a less prepared playgroup, especially since most of the cards that form a lock with him are really cheap money-wise. if you've got leovold, you can build a pretty nasty deck on a relatively low budget.
>>
>>52812418
I know shes not top tier but shes good and my metas not super cutthroat. My metas mostly tier two decks and if someone sits down with a well known top tier commander they generally get ganged up on
>>
>>52812418
I just would really like a very good tuned competitive list. Im a filthy netdecker and very used to playing Modern/Legacy where you mostly just copy and tune a list, but 100 card singleton is hard for me.
>>
>>52812458
i played her for a while, but she got kinda boring. not many 1-drops are super great for the deck, it's the 2-drop slot that ends up mattering the most. reassembling skeleton, bloodghast, nether traitor, stoneforge mystic (to get skullclamp), blood artist, etc

i'll draw up a sample decklist if you want it
>>
>>52812456
Budget doesn't equal how competitive a group is and I'm sure some people do ban him. There is no Commander however that can win a 3v1 every (or even the majority) game if players are relatively equal in skill and deck power.
>>
>>52812496
Why?
>>
>>52812511
If you could id be very thankful
>>52812528
So i can copy and tune it. Only cards I wont be able to afford are Imperial Seal and Moat.
>>
>>52812552
I meant why are you getting into this format if you wanna netdeck and treat it like Vintage singleton?
>>
>>52812573
I just find that fun. I already have the majority of the power cards like Yawgmoths Will and Mana Crypt.
>>
>>52812552
this guy's list and primer are alright.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/217106-teysa-karlov-grand-envoy-of-orzhov

i recommend using it as a baseline, replacing lands that come in tapped with better fetches and duals. also definitely find replacements for cards like skirsdag high priest that don't directly go toward your plan of "go infinite".
>>
>>52812573
it's actually really helpful for newer EDH players to netdeck their first deck. gotta learn the format before you can innovate and try new stuff, eh?
>>
>>52812610
I can get the latter though it isn't my cup of tea but the format being singleton is designed so your deck is as unique as a signature. Why would you want to forego that? For the hope to save time deckbuilding that some asshole writing a primer is bullshitting to make his deckdick sound huge? It's eliminating a large part of the format experience of building uniquely to your meta.
>>
>>52812767
naw man, starting out by netdecking something you like is like buying the precon that you like. you're gonna change up the list and make it your own over time.
>>
what has your experience with Heartless Hidetsugu been like
>>
>>52812875
hilarious when he gets infect
>>
>>52812790
Buying a precon isn't netdecking, come on now.

Netdecking, traditionally in other formats is taking 90% of a deck list and copying wholesale with the expectation it will run as tuned as possible and not to change those cards. Maybe that's not what you meant by it but that's what it means to me, especially in the context of a Modern/Legacy player.
>>
>>52812885
the purpose of buying a precon is getting a deck that's generally functional but needs tuning to fit a playgroup. pulling an EDH list from the internet is sort of the same thing, it comes with the implication that you need to modify it to fit your group.
>>
>>52812875
kind of frustrating. my friend plays with with double damage effects without self protection so she keeps killing the entire game when she feels like it.
>>
>>52810759
>Thread question
Which Commander/General seems to sway your table the most as soon as it comes down?

Mine. Rakdos, Lord of Riots, or Oona as well. Honestly most of my group is playing modified Precons while I've built several decks. Whenever my commander comes down that's usually a sign that general table hate is going to be directed to towards me, to the point that Blue players save counter spells for me, while Red players save removal for artifacts and such. Makes it hard to function.
>>
File: sweat1-300x277.jpg (39KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
sweat1-300x277.jpg
39KB, 300x277px
>owe friend pizza money
>wants cards instead
>convince him to turn his mostly-vanilla Saskia precon into a pretty gnarly Infect deck
>mfw seeing the fucking thing in action

Those little 1 and 2 power creatures are fucking nasty.

I've created a monster.
>>
>>52812346
>Doomed Traveler
It's alright. I ended up cutting it though, but I might end up trying it again alongside the new Doomed Dissenter.
>Gravecrawler
Yuck, I don't run nearly enough zombies to try to force any kind of tribal aspect outside of the occasional spirits-matter card.
>Soul Sisters
They're not really worth a spot in the 99. Their incidental lifegain just makes people attack you to appear fair to the table.

Just looked through my deck, and Viscera Seer is the only 1drop creature I run.
>>
>>52813373
I had similar feelings as you on all the cards and feel like ill only run Traveller. I like Gravecrawler only because he goes infinite with the new Wayward Servant from AKH and Phyrexian Altar.
>>
>>52813446
eh, i don't know if that's justification enough. if you wanna make it a zombie tribal deck, go for it.
>>
>>52813446
>Wayward Servant
I could see some BW zombie tribal decks crop up thanks to Amonkhet. I'd probably wait until Hour of Devastation in case they come out with an actual BW zombie commander to run. Teysa seems just okay.
I just looked through my deck again, and all I have that would go with that are Grave Titan, Nim Deathmantle and Mirror Entity...
>>
>>52813499
Yeah probably too weak desu. In that case Gravecrawler is being cut.
>>
>>52810759
My favorite commander is Depala, so yeah I'd imagine she do got the booty. She's so stacked.
>>
Is Neheb the only fun commander we got this set? Can Temmet do WU aura/equip voltron? Or would Bruna still be the only commander for that role still?
>>
>>52813714
you can make samut into like a bad saskia deck with some weird untap stuff if you want
>>
File: kaervek.jpg (15KB, 188x269px) Image search: [Google]
kaervek.jpg
15KB, 188x269px
>>52810759
Opinions on this? I feel like I need more card draw but not sure what to cut

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/before-nixilis-there-was-him/
>>
File: image.png (773KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
773KB, 601x601px
>>52813733
Samut, huh? I'd want to capitilize on the untap more than her just being hardcore strong. It's just more interesting that way. I suppose Samut could untap mana dorks, but only one a turn. I just can't think of anything to make her fun other than just your standard Naya fair you'd see in Mayael or something. She looks like a dope character, but she just doesn't jingle my weiner at all.
>>
>>52813800
Bet you she Narset's into a walker next set, beating Ajani to the punch of being our first Naya Walker.
>>
>>52813800
mother of runes, kiki-jiki, captain sisay, uhh... hard to think of more stuff for her
>>
>>52813833
Now hold on, you've got me interested again. Perhaps one could take a lot of inspiration from old Derevi decks? The colors are similar, there's gotta be some overlap.
>>
>>52813800
Last time I saw someone wearing armor with arms hugging them...
>>
>>52812346
Guy in my group runs teysa as shadowborn apostle/cleric tribal, using stuff like thrumming stone to overwhelm the board and finish with mirror entity.
>>
>>52813833
What if one dumped some of this shit into Samut?:

Paradox Engine
Bloomtender
Yisan, Wandering Bard
Thousand-Year Elixer
>>
>>52813840
her plus somberwald sage can turn W into 6 mana of any color for creatures, which is neat.
>>
>>52813714
>Neheb
Boring but people wanted a minotaur and they got one. He makes a mediocre tribal deck. I wonder how long it will take for us to stop asking WotC for stuff, since everything they give us is crap.

>Temmet
Makes some kind of voltron deck? Not exciting, though he gets to sorta cheat on commander tax with the free-roll Embalm. Shame the token doesn't count as your commander though.

>Samut
Boring but efficient dude. Doesn't make anything that the other Naya commanders don't make better.

>The Gods
Literally none of them do anything interesting for commander. Maybe Rhonas makes a cheap mono-green beats deck? Maybe the white one makes a budget Heliod deck? Nothing to look at here.

>Hapatra
Here's something interesting, -1/-1 tribal is actually neat. She makes one deck and they'll all look the same, but at least it is interesting and isn't done better by anyone.
>>
>>52813928
Hazoret Madness Burn is real dude, you listen here.
>>
>>52813756
Cut some of the jank artifacts for better cards. In particular run Mana Crypt for fast ramp so you can get Kaervek out early to stop combos.
Best card draw in those colors is Phyrexian Arena, Necropotence, Dark Confidant, and Wheel of Fortune. Probably want to run Demonic Tutor and Diabolic Intent as well as Vampiric Tutor and if you can afford it an Imperial Seal
>>
>>52813952
>Hazoret Madness Burn
>Burn in EDH
Unless it is somehow combo-burn where you make a million mana and use Comet Storm to kill the table, I'm not seeing it. To top it off, Hazoret just isn't a good card and dies very quickly and efficiently in EDH. Not seeing it man.
>>
>>52813983
>if you can afford it
A lot of the other things you suggested were nuts expensive anyways! Isn't mana crypt itself $50 or so?
>>
>>52813756
Also in Garruks wake is very high mana cost and the manabase could use some work like fetchlands and at least three of the four Red/Black duals like Blood Crypt, Smoldering Marsh, and the new one from Amonkhet.
>>
>>52813952
In standard maybe. Being Heckbent in EDH is awful.
>>
>>52814001
Well see, I play 1v1 exclusively in my group. My life is better than yours, as I have way more strategy options and commander choices because I'm not stretching my deck between 4 other geeks who take 20 fucking minutes to take their damn turn.
>>
>>52814031
Please don't say heck my man, it makes me nervous.
>>
>>52814018
Mana Crypts about $60, Confidants $50, and Wheel is $50
>>
>>52814018
The cheapest Mana Crypt mids for $60 USD. The original mids for around $100.

The rest of >>52813983 prices out like so:
>Arena ~$3
>Necropotence ~$7
>Dark Confidant ~$42
>Wheel of Fortune ~$45
>Demonic Tutor ~$20
>Diabolic Intent ~$16
>Vampiric Tutor ~$28
>Imperial Seal ~$180

All of these are mid prices and assuming cheapest printings.

t. guy who works in a card shop
>>
>>52813952
>>52814031
i've tried to make malfegor work so many times but... it's always just so bad... don't make madness decks in edh. psa.
>>
>>52814050
Sheesh. I don't like to spend that much per card. I too out at about $20, and only if it's a card I know I'll really need and switch between decks a lot.
>>
>>52814035
1v1 commander has so many other issues though. I've played Duel Commander for years but don't really enjoy it like I enjoy hanging with my friends and jamming multiplayer games. Glad it works for you though, anon.
>>
File: 1416271648083.jpg (88KB, 427x335px) Image search: [Google]
1416271648083.jpg
88KB, 427x335px
>>52814053
>Imperial Seal
>190$
>>
>>52814053
Yeah Seals about the only prohibitively expensive thing and for me Mana Crypt as i refuse to have the eye blight anus mana symbols on my card that come with the EMA edition.
>>
>>52814073
Judge foil is mid $179. You can get one cheaper if you try and are willing to compromise on condition. English P3K is much more expensive though, obviously.
>>
>>52814069
I'm sorry it didn't do it for you. But in the land I come from, Hazoret could work quite fine, I only need to burn 20. Occasionally we play at 30, but even then, I can totally do it, no sweat.
>>
>>52814064
To each their own I suppose. Still Phyrexian Arena and Necropotence are very affordable and the absolute best card draw in EDH.
>>
>>52814035
>I'm not stretching my deck between 4 other geeks who take 20 fucking minutes to take their damn turn.
Holy fuck this is my kitchen table. If they're not getting up to make something in the kitchen/take a shit, they're fucking around on their phone and not looking at their cards until their turn. AND THEN they think about every single card they play for a solid couple minutes, even in the first few turns. And then they complain about games taking too long. I never feel bad about comboing off against those cunts.
>>
>>52814094
Honestly id go for the judge promo for price reasons and because its black border and newer so the cards generally in better condition
>>
>>52814102
Oh well for sure, but who in this thread honestly doesn't own a Phyrexian arena? Like, 3 of them each, all of us I'm sure. Wizards just stuffs them in every damn thing, and we all need them and buy them.
>>
>>52813983
Not paying for vampiric tutor/imperial seal since those are hot garbage in my meta. I plan on getting an arena for it and Ill check my lgs for a necropotence.

>>52814022
Yeah the landbase isn't optimized yet but I'm working on it, what would suggest to replace garruk's wake with? Damnation?
>>
>>52814115
Jesus fucking Christ. Quit that shit dude, I'd refuse.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 1024x786px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 1024x786px
Dual commander feels like playing toribash.
>>
>>52814127
Tutors should never really be bad in a meta, they are the best cards in your deck as they are any card you need.
Replace that with Damnation yes and then also run Decree of Pain if you need another boardwipe. Archfiend of Ifnir is an interesting card that helps keep the board in check too of you have enough cards to build around him with
>>
>>52814184
there's probably a phenax player or something in his meta and using those tutors is an easy way to get your thing dumped to the yard
>>
Not really edh at all but can I just say a lot of these masterpieces are really lame. Looking at blue. I would be feeling a strange way to pull a masterpiece, but it's Spell Pierce. Wack. Not feeling Daze, or Muffle or even Divert.
>>
>>52814184
>>52814198
Not necessarily phenax but there are numerous wheels in my meta as well as heavy counterspells. I'll spring the cash for damnation since its not too much especially after the reprint. I don't want cycle to be a main focus so I don't ifnir being that good. Any other creatures I'm missing that would be good?
>>
>>52814322
you can vamp tutor at the end of the turn of the person who goes before you and draw the card as your draw on your turn.

it's pretty good.
>>
>>52814344
I would need the deck much more optimized to warrant running it, money isn't the issue its more that I don't really have any truly devastating things to grab
>>
>>52814396
eh, then just grab sol ring or mana vault. or whatever you need for any situation. tutors aren't just for combos or wincons.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 265x370px
Even in duel commander you can't justify Bontu at all. She's just fucking awful.
>>
>>52814450
Bontu's a she?
>>
>>52814471
Yes actually. But the point is, she doesn't even actually draw to make up for that tempo loss. She personifies herself well, she eats up all your shit selfishly and gives nothing back.
>>
Duel Commander or 1v1 EDH?

In b4 >1v1
>>
File: 1491819370232.gif (2MB, 480x327px) Image search: [Google]
1491819370232.gif
2MB, 480x327px
>>52814439
>losing 2 life to grab a mana rock

I'm sorry I just can't see it
>>
>>52814502
it's 2 life... out of 40... and you of all people should know how powerful a turn 4 kaervek can be. boardclear like a motherfucker.
>>
File: 1473738576337.jpg (82KB, 620x469px) Image search: [Google]
1473738576337.jpg
82KB, 620x469px
>>52810759
anyone have any recommendations for a mono red "normies get out" deck with cards like >>52810759 Ben-Ben and Pic related?
>>
>>52810759

Narset, Enlightened Master and Rhys the Redeemed always draw hate before the game even starts.
>>
>>52814531
>powerful turn 4 kaervek
>counterspell, path/sword, etc.
>take constant dmg from crypt and keep getting all other ramp destroyed to make casting kaervek again impossible

So much value, my play group is too retarded to anything but the above
>>
>>52814627
if your playgroup is running that much hard removal and counterspells, then you can instead tutor for booties to give the man some shroud, or cavern of souls/red elemental blast if you're so worried about counterspells. point is it's a versatile card. and if they're countering your mana rocks, something is really wrong
>>
/tg/ I have a dilemma. Heartliss Hidetsugu vs Ashling the Pilgrim.

Which mono red should I do and why?

I have an Ashling deck, but then I started making a Heartless deck and realized they share roughly the same amount of cards, which one should I stick with?
>>
>>52814681
split it into two decks. take all the nonlands out of ashling to make heartless, then keep ashling as the "ashling 99 mountains" meme deck. it wins sometimes, which is really funny.
>>
>>52811558
Upheavel.
>>
>>52811558
ixidron
>>
>>52814654
I still can't see why I should get it especially when you suggest using it to tutor for junk instead of answers

the argument of hard counters and removal was a joke, comparing to all the "tier 1" commanders who run the philosophy that they can always get their combo/lockdown the same turn despite any disruption
>>
>>52814774
i mean it's not mandatory for a deck to have tutors, they're just very useful to have. the versatility they offer can't be understated. do your opponents have a lot of creatures? go get your wrath of choice. are your opponents holding kill spells? go get shroud for your big boy. are your opponents beating you down? go get lifelink to stabilize.

if a card in your hand can be any card in your deck, that card by itself is an answer to any situation your deck has answers to. why would it not be worth running?
>>
>>52814837
Because the deck isn't optimized to all hell to deal with everything, its not like I'm running UG where tutors work for anything, also its a fucking RB deck its never gonna be competitive
>>
>>52814921
a little consistency isn't gonna hurt, i promise.
>>
File: Image (3).png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).png
139KB, 223x311px
Commented in last thread, what are some auto includes for a Lovisa Coldeyes edh?
>>
>>52814964
Boldwyr Intimidator
>>
>>52814964
Here's my (Very out of date) coldeyes deck. There's some good shit in there but I'm too lazy to list it all http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-09-14-lovisas-horde/
>>
>>52814774
Oh look another retard who thinks a deck isn't Tier 1 competitive because it gets set back a turn by a turn 2 Disenchant backed up by countermagic.
>>
>>52815289
Didn't say they weren't competitive but majority of those decks have an all or nothing combo that they pour everything into, and if it gets disrupted usually they are concede or they have to win the old fashioned way. Competitive EDH is awful anyways, might as well play vintage at that point
>>
>>52815379
not the guy you're responding to, but i'm gonna have to disagree with you about comp edh. to me, there's a lot of fun to be had building a super competitive deck for a 4-player game where you always have access to a legendary creature. i like the deckbuilding challenge.

that being said, i don't play competitive all that often, and if the whole table isn't running decks on the same power level i'm not gonna bring my competitive deck out.
>>
>>52814139
I don't even initiate games with them anymore. It's more just an excuse to get together with them at this point.
>>
>>52815379
How many tier 1 decks can win "the old fashioned way?"

Why are you talking about competitive EDH even you don't play it?
>>
>>52810759
Atraxia. No matter what form she comes in.
>>
>>52815407
Each their own I guess. I just see competitive edh for tryhards who can't cut in the official sanctioned formats
>>
>>52815444
that's pretty much what i am, yeah. my competitive deck is made mostly from the pieces of my old legacy high tide deck i played back in the day. i like the more casual feel of EDH, even if it is "competitive".
>>
>>52812875
He's honestly better in the 99 with Gisela or Mogis at the helm
>>
>>52815283
Awesome thanks!
>>
>>52815444
Probably because you understand neither competitive EDH nor any other format.
>>
>>52815439
Let's look at the list of competitive edh then

>Jeleva wincon is Aetherflux Reservoir
Krosan grip destroys it without activating
>General Tazri is food chain/eternal scourge
Counter the scourge or counter and exile food chain and the combo is fucked
>Zur is Labman
>Thrasios is Labman
>Leovold is Labman
Any kill spell works
>Prossh is food chain with combat
A slightly slower form of tazri and with different methods but still crumbles to any counter of the food chain
>Yidris is storm
Wouldnt know since I never played against it
>Teferi is don't respond to chain veil
Again krosan grip
>>
>>52815608
Yeah you beat the stax deck by KGripping Chain Veil.

You are the MTG master.
>>
>>52815608
a decent competitive deck usually runs multiple win conditions in case one fails, with a few exceptions.
>>
>>52815608
also i should add that riftsweeper/pull from eternity is usually included in these competitive lists in case your thing main wincon gets exiled.
>>
>>52815608
>now that Thrasios has drawn his entire deck with infinite mana, I'll simply cast this kill spell
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>52815632
>stax deck
>strategy is to untap as many rocks as possible to generate infinite mana and cast ugin or cause players to lose by drawing their deck out, no plan of fucking with opponents of using said stax cards

Whatever you say buddy.

>>52815641
I know friend I'm just going off the tier list and the decks its linked to. Some of them have other combos sure but their strategies revolve around getting that main combo out

>>52815667
And what's to stop another competitive deck from preventing that?
>>
>>52815690
>T1 Teferi stax deck is suddenly not stax
Why are you still acting like you play in this formatnn
>>
>>52815690
nothing is stopping other competitive decks from stopping that. i like that the format is fast and interactive like that.
>>
>>52815690
>I'm just going off the tier list and the decks its linked
Stop posting any time.
>>
File: 1492183406284.png (174KB, 540x695px) Image search: [Google]
1492183406284.png
174KB, 540x695px
>>52815705
And why are you defending this format you don't play in?

>>52815706
At least you can be honest that competitive decks are these end all be all decks

>>52815726
I was questioned and posted proof, if you don't like it you're free to ignore it
>>
>>52815760
>literally pretending to be retarded
Alright, you got me.
>>
>>52815831
If that's what you want to believe. I'm not going to stop you
>>
>>52811833
Just run command sphere you fucking dolt
>>
>>52815904
signets cost 1 less and filter mana, so they're usually better in 2-color decks. that being said, play both.
>>
>>52815918
This, signets and talismans are best rocks after Sol ring and crypt. Legal moxen and vault are good too depending on deck.

When your rocks get to 3 mana or come in tapped they gotta do something special that your deck wants.
>>
File: He does what now.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
He does what now.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Besides Arena and tutors, what mono black cards should I run in a Sapling deck?
>>
>>52816087
she's indestructible, so... damnation?
>>
>>52816095
I... don't know why I blanked on that one. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>52816131
worldslayer cruel if you can get it on her. if that's uncontested, the game is usually over as soon as she swings with it.
>>
>>52816146
That is the bargaining chip and I hope to God I can get it on the field to threaten people.
>>
>>52816196
i love a good sapling deck. what's your list so far?
>>
>>52815608
You're not wrong. A lot of these decks are easy to stop and it's fun to have outs against all of them while still being able to combo out yourself. I play a mean Storm/DD-Labman list myself that can win through countermagic without counters of my own.

t. 'Competitive' EDH player

A lot of the turds on >leddit are often too obsessed with the same few strategies to consider weaknesses when competing in their own inbred metas though and just regurgitate the same stupid tier lists and deck lists for newcomers.
>>
>>52815379
>competitive edh is awful
>doesn't know about edric

hahaha
>>
>>52815690
>teferi
>not a stax deck
>literally runs all the orbs, tangle wire, smokestack, unfun bullshit

just kys my man
>>
>>52816087
black market?
>>
>>52815608
>Leo
>labman is wincon
Sure 1/5 wincons. I run Skittles as main combat win con, villainous wealth to win off my opponents deck, Helm/Leyline combo in some decks, plenty of people run Bribery, and lets not forget just locking your opponent out from playing magic by giving them no cards in hand until they concede.
>>
>>52816087
>>52816087
hey that isn't raymond swanland, that's weird
>>
>>52814964
Marton Stormgald could be a fun include if you are going tokens.
>>
>>52816208
I'm still in the process of putting one together and then acquiring the cards so I don't really have anything to share. However, I will share my deck list when I have a count of 100 and then mold it based off of the advice I get.

>>52816315
Oh, nice! I'll check that one out.

>>52816323
I just noticed Sapling's artist is John Avon! I might have to dig up my John Avon swamps now!
Raymond does some great artwork too. Easily in my top 3 Artists.
>>
>>52816365
avon is gold, but i can't stand raymond swanland's cards anymore after watery grave. it's like he uses the same filter in everycard.
>>
>>52813800
jesus the art is horrible
>>
>>52816394
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>52816386
I haven't really paid much attention to artists lately, but if everything looks like watery grave then god help us.

Watery grave looks nice, but nuts to everything after it.
>>
>>52816394
>>52816402

>WE
>>
>>52816409
>WUZ
>>
>>52816463
KANGZ
>>
What are some cheap, powerful, recurrable artifacts? Now that Vial Smasher has died in 1v1, I'm looking to use Kraum//Silas Renn, with Silas just being there to let me play black, and to let me value people with artifacts. At the moment it's basically just the 2 Capsules I can run, then Necrogen and Nihil Spellbomb. Necrogen is a hard lock with Silas ;^). Mind Stone and Strix are in there too, but they probably would've been anyway.

Bear in mind that I want these cards to be good (see: low CMC but powerful), not durdly shit.
>>
>>52813756
I never noticed until now, but Kaervek totally has dildos on his shoulder pads.
>>
File: Sigarda, Host of Herons.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sigarda, Host of Herons.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
I've played commander for a few years and have a bunch of decks, but I've never built a voltron one. What is the appeal of voltron? Doesn't it get old just attacking with the same big indestructible, double-striking, unblockable life-linker every game?

Is it possible to build a fun voltron deck that doesn't play the same every game and what would be an example of a good commander for such a deck?
>>
>>52816894
Gonti
>>
>>52816870
fuck you're right time to make dildommander
>>
>52816894
>voltron deck
>doesn't play the same every game

what? voltron is lame anyway you'll just get smashed by combo when you finally kill someone on turn 7
>>
>>52816912
I guess that's one way to bring in some variation.
>>
>>52816894
I've built Karl voltron. He gives some extra removal and you can rock shit like aetherflux as back up plans.
>>
File: 1477540656540.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1477540656540.png
9KB, 401x367px
>don't get podded into local game sperg
>watch as two friends are paired with him
>our pod is already on turn 6
>the guy is still shuffling his deck
>we're near the end of our game
>look over and find that the guy mulled to 3 and scooped, making it a 1v1
>someone combos on turn 4 and their game is over
>>
File: invocationofsainttraft.full.jpg (86KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
invocationofsainttraft.full.jpg
86KB, 240x345px
Just so i'm 100% certain:

If I'm attacking with Zur the enchanter, his ability triggers and I get image related and attach it to Zur, the trigger won't go off because i've already gone past that part of attack phase, right?

So any "whenever this creature attacks" enchantments would be useless?
>>
>>52817224
Correct.
>>
for those of you who are poor anons, how do you sate your desire to do EDH?

or for those of you who are not so poor, how do you go about building/playtesting decks without "buying in"?
>>
Group huggers

Also, my question. Which commander is best for tokens? I've been pondering Rith, Savra, Rhys, and RG Wort.
>>
>>52816394
It is bad yet it's made by the same guy who did the Lorwyn 5. How could this happen or is there someone else to blame for the shitty art in the recent sets ?
>>
File: Sunder_US.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sunder_US.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>52811586
>>52814763
>not mentioning the best one
There's also Kederekt Leviathan.
>>52814739
Banned
>>
>>52817224
They're nou useless, unless you can only attack once with him for each cast
>>
>>52811833
>it even does the clue token thing
Wut
>>
File: smug witch.jpg (172KB, 468x640px) Image search: [Google]
smug witch.jpg
172KB, 468x640px
>tryhard Karador joins the table
>play my Gonti
>mfw his Boonweaver fails to find
Oh my, what card could possibly be face down in front of me here, Mr Karpador?
>>
>>52812080
Amonkhet cards. Also mycosynth lattice and bludgeon brawl.
>>
File: 2013-03-03-Bolas-Wielding-Bolas.jpg (339KB, 750x1188px) Image search: [Google]
2013-03-03-Bolas-Wielding-Bolas.jpg
339KB, 750x1188px
>>52817738
>>
>>52817314
Rith and Ghave are the best, but Ghave draws a ton of hate for good reason.
>>
>>52817726
>not running multiple things to get with Boonweaver
I run at least Gift of Immortality with Pattern of Rebirth. There's others as well, but I mean, seriously.
>>
I have made the basic core for the Patron of the Moon deck.
But I need spice.
>>
>>52817759
>Ghave tokens
Come on man. You're gonna trip over at least one infinite, so why kid yourself? It's nigh impossible to play him without going infinite in some way.
Best commanders for token strategies are probably Ulasht, Riku, Rhys or Hazezon, although he's pretty expensive.
I play Rith, but he's no way near being the best. At least he works somewhat well with Strionic Resonator.
>>
>>52817747
>I''ll beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker
>>
>>52817759
>>52817314
Seconding Ghave. I run a moderately tuned list, and the recent mortician beetle reprint was a blessing. Honestly, you combo off t3 to t5 with very little effort involved. All you need are three pieces: something that makes +1/+1 counters, something to sacrifice your tokens to, and something that benefits from the set up. Play your stuff, ramp into ghave and have fun playing solitaire. I like suture priest, blood artist and zulaport cutthroat, but ninth bridge patrol, but I run extractor demon as an alternate wincon and that 1 mana altar from the takir block. You don't NEED doubling season, but it's pretty good. But just as a warning, Ghave is best played as a combo deck.
>>
File: 1407777895197.gif (168KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1407777895197.gif
168KB, 375x375px
>Playing my Breya list last night in a 4 player game
>Narset player to the left of me gets off to an extremely slow start, not missing land drops but has no acceleration at all
>Shit my whole hand onto the board and end up with a 13/4 Breya (t-thanks Cranial Plating)
>Hit the guy twice and kill him with commander damage
>Flips his shit, asks why I'm targeting him
>Seems to have forgotten last week's 'Take Infinite Extra Turns' games
>MRW
>>
File: IMG_20170421_151525.jpg (932KB, 1836x2632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170421_151525.jpg
932KB, 1836x2632px
What did you get in the mail today, /tg/?
>>
File: nissa,stewardofelements.full.jpg (99KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
nissa,stewardofelements.full.jpg
99KB, 240x345px
How expensive is this one going to be to buy, and what commander would get most use of her. Atraxa?
>>
>>52817747
Bless this image.
>>
>>52817314
M A R A T H
>>
>>52818286
>english top, deutsch boden
why?
>>
>>52818743
one was ordered from the Internet (and is also foil) ,
das andere ist vom prerelease.
let's see how many people are gonna be tilted by the mismatch.
>>
>>52818640
How so? Mine isn't that bad
>>
>>52816394
its just a black person anon, be nice.
>>
>>52817314
do you want to make many tokens and swing for damage, sacrifice them, or do other shenanigans with them? big differences between good generals for that.
id say rhys is best for traditional control aggro, ghave for combo, teysa for sacrifice, wort for spellslingin'
>>
>>52818876
>wort

I've been wanting to make a wort deck. Are there any really good spells/combos for wort?
>>
>>52818286
I got a Concordant Crossroads, Chord of Calling, Craterhoof, Tooth and Nail, Worldly Tutor in the mail today
>>
>>52818887
Yes, a lot. No particular infinite combos that I can think of, but some huge synergies and spells. Basically you're gonna be turboing into lots and lots of mana and lots and lots of tokens, drawing lots and lots of cards and either casting fireballs for lots and lots of damage or just swinging with those tokens. Xenagos the planeswalker, Slate of Ancestry, Boundless Realms, Cryptolith Rite, Parallel Lives, Manamorphose, Devil's Playground, Outpost Siege, Pyromancer's Goggles, Ashnod's Altar, Valakut, Kessig Wolf Run, Artifact Mutation, Dragon Broodmother, Volcanic Vision, Seasons Past, Howl of the Horde, Shamanic Revelation, Mana Geyser, Young Pyromancer...
Basically anything that has to do with tokens, massive amounts of mana, and drawing cards is pretty potent in Wort. Just don't skimp on the turbo ramp. If you're a real man, play mana flare.
>>
File: Lightning_rager.jpg (84KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning_rager.jpg
84KB, 312x445px
Does anyone know any cards like Rite in naya? I love this card in multiplayer.
>>
File: Image (1).png (144KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
144KB, 223x311px
>>52819675
What specifically about it do you like?

You could replicate it with something like assault suit. There are the vow's that buff creatures but make them unable to attack you.
>>
>>52811558
Evacuation can really fuck somebody up
>>
>>52814486
Imagine if it would've been draw 1 instead of Scry1+drain1
>>
File: IMG_20170421_174721.jpg (262KB, 1299x974px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170421_174721.jpg
262KB, 1299x974px
>>52818286
Bruder?
>>
>>52819877
where do you purchase the german cards?
>>
>>52818286
>>52819877
I have never gotten more then one attack off with Hanweir before it eats all the fucking removal.
>>
>>52817314
krenko best token commander
>>
>>52819891
pretty much any site you would buy regulars from. i think SCG has italian and japanese cards.
My local has a bunch of french cards
>>
>>52819891
Magiccardmarket.eu :^) or in store
I'll usually get the cheapest card in a language I can read, so that means English, German and sometimes French.

>>52819896
I'm mainly trying to utilize the land for haste, but I knew I had to try.
>>
I'm planning on building a couple of defender EDH decks, one with Doran (of course) and the other with Phenax. Every list I run into for recommendations doesn't run pure defender creatures. Is it possible to still commit to full defender and have a viable deck?
>>
>>52820027
not really. Doran maybe moreso than Phenax because >milling in EDH
You'd best get Doran, fill it with Treefolk synergy and add more other defenders like Wall of Omens
>>
>>52819877
So that's where my other halves are.
>>
>>52819737
See, those vows are exactly what I am looking for. I had no idea they existed.
>>
>>52817289
Xmage or cockatrice
>>
>>52819675
There's also Spectral Grasp and Goblin Spymaster
>>
How do you guys deal with big tables?

I have no problem on 4-man tables but when you add two, or even one more person I start having issues.

And well, our LGS loves big tables.

Maybe I should evolve my selesnya tokens into something-something control?
>>
>>52821271
Make a suggestion to the owner of your LGS to get a decent sized round table.
>>
>>52819877
>halves different language
I am not sure if I should hate or love this
>>
>>52816894
My Sigarda Voltron can double as Group Hug. I just give people the enchantments but hit anyone who doesn't play "nice" with the angel.
>>
>>52817289
Cut back on going out or sell/trade old stuff.
>>
>>52816894
You can play Scion of the Ur-Dragon as a tribal deck that can also go Voltron when you want it to. There's a dragon for seemingly every situation, including getting hueg. Of course, that doesn't get you the purist voltron experience of jamming a billion equipments and/or auras on one dude, but you could always just add those to the dragons deck if you want to.
>>
File: mTG.png (313KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
mTG.png
313KB, 375x523px
Hi fa/tg/uys, yesterday I had my first game versus That Guy. I mean the one with the "chaos deck". We were 4 players, we were drawing from each other's decks, flipping fucking coins for every action, with targets decided by random players, while every spell cas was copied 4 times with random targets. And we were wheel of fortuning a whole lot.

It was fucking hell, the worst EDH game I ever had. The guy forgot half of his own fucking triggers, tried to draw from his deck even with his own cards specifically preventing that, was randomly shouting "HEADS" or "TAILS" every time he flipped a coin and laughed for 30 seconds every other card he drew...

Is there a card like pic related? Is there a means to spoil the fun for the little brat so that actual adults may play the game they like the way it's supposed to be played? (I mean casting your spells on targets you choose in order to try and bring your opponent to 0 life or 0 cards in his library?)
>>
File: anime card.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
anime card.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
just pulled the most EDH card ive ever seen.
>>
I want to run Surrak Dragonclaw to spam and buff tokens. What would be good cards for this? I went to edhrec, but they post a list that favors high cost value creatures isntead of token engines.
Mycoloth and Ezuri are already in my list.
>>
>>52821693
You can not play with him for a start. But if you want to hose chaos decks you just need to remove the permanents that are a problem, or counter the fun. Not much else you could do
>>
>>52821512
Tbf this happened by accident since I always have both German and English boxes ticked when ordering cards, but I got the best of both worlds. The evocative name with German and the easy-to-parse rules with English.
>>
File: Image (2).png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).png
122KB, 223x311px
>>52821693
I would just destroy/exile whatever hes using.

Can't be random if you aren't targeting.
>>
>>52818121
That makes you a dick.
>>
>>52818121
Probably the right threat assessment, but you could be less of an ass in victory than laughing king Homer.
>>
File: 175.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
175.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>52821693
There's Willbender in blue. Pic related should help a lot too, I think.
Also you can out-meta him next game by just swinging into him exclusively. He'll probably complain and ask why, and you'll reply that it's not like he's trying to win the game anyway. And that he's basically being a stax deck, but more time-consuming.

>>52821750
Other german dude here. Gotta say I'd rather have that than the other way round. I've got the clumsy German rules text, and one fewer badass German Innistrad names.
Man, German is just so perfect for Innistrad cards, especially werewolves. Bürgermeister von Auerbach. Unheil von Hennweier. Anwerber der Dämmerwache. Ulrich von der Krallenhorde/Unangefochtenes Alphatier.
By the way, why did they make Gisela into Sela Goldnachtschwert in German? Gisela even is a German name!
>>
File: 34.jpg (84KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
84KB, 312x445px
>>52821760
>Can't be random if you aren't targeting.
Oh you naive fool
>>
>>52821881
And then you just run into another boardwipe sorcery.

Possibility storm should be the least worrisome of all "chaos" decks, as its actually pretty easy to play around depending on your deck.
>>
File: 12d.png (362KB, 729x556px) Image search: [Google]
12d.png
362KB, 729x556px
>>52821760
>>52821745
When that first game ended I changed tables asap. I play a GW enchantress deck, all my board had some hexproof/shroud except academy rector, and I ended up almost killing myself through Sylvan Library.
I don't have any counterspell, and few control spells, I couldn't even put an Aura on a creature without triggering a fuckton of boredom...12
>>
>>52821926
>want to exile his enchantments
>oops, wrath of god/damnation/toxic deluge etc.
>or oops, exsanguinate, tutors, card draw, ramp etc.
You're clearly rolling the dice with the odds against you if you want specific removal for possibility storm
>>
>Play red Ashling commander
>Put Darksteel Plate on her
>Drop tons of mana rocks
>Detonate her over and over and over again, killing anything remotely threatening.

Is this cheap?
>>
>>52822579
no because you need the plate otherwise it's garbage
>>
>>52822579
>Doesn't bypass the Indestructible that gets slapped on most reasonable threats
>Doesn't disrupt combo players
>Doesn't protect Ashling from Exile/Bounce
>Blows up in your own face so you can't use it as a wincon seeing how red doesn't really do lifegain.

Did you mean monetarily? Other than nabbing a Crypt it seems like you could build that deck fairly inexpensively.
>>
>>52815608
Wow, just have krosan grip in my hand every game! How come I never thought of that.
>>
>>52822634
Shield of kaldra, that which was taken... Swords that give pro-red would work as well. Magebane Armor!
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
If I have this guy out and play... Earthquake. It deals damage to me, dog gets that many counters then takes that much damage yeah? So they I could swing at whoever for another whatever Earthquake was +1, then do dogs die at the end of turn or does damage wear off before counters go away?
>>
>>52822755
Damage is dealt simultaneously.

Blood Hound's trigger will go on the stack.

State-based effects will be checked.

Blood Hound will die to SBE

Counter ability will never resolve.
>>
File: 117.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
>>52821881
Possibility Storm is a legit card though, it doesn't literally retard the game and is used outside of chaos decks for instance with this guy.
>>
File: cheeky.png (702KB, 677x463px) Image search: [Google]
cheeky.png
702KB, 677x463px
Post your favorite cheeky breeky combos.
>>
>>52822755
Not an expert, but to my knowledge, Damage wears off on the clean up step, i think that comes after "end turn" step. So i'd assume it die.
>>
>>52822755
Dog will die before getting any counters placed on it.
>>
File: BlueMLDBestMLD.jpg (137KB, 622x445px) Image search: [Google]
BlueMLDBestMLD.jpg
137KB, 622x445px
>>52822829
>>
>>52822665
Not him but Ashling with Lifelink is fun.
>>
File: cccombo.png (449KB, 667x310px) Image search: [Google]
cccombo.png
449KB, 667x310px
>>52822829
>>
>>52822905
How do you do that
>>
>>52823119
the three lifelink equipments are probably how
>>
>>52823119
basilisk collar, loxodon warhammer, batterskull
>>
>>52823094
So what exactly does the stylus do here?
>>
File: Unbenannt.jpg (156KB, 624x443px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.jpg
156KB, 624x443px
>>52822829
One for Big Mana or Mizzix
>>
>>52823272
My guess is you can give someone one of your things and then use stylus to put the card you just gave back in your deck
>>
>>52823324
Well now I feel dumb. That obviously makes sense.
>>52823320
Spicy! Were the two cards in the same precon?
>>
>>52823417
Reigns of Power was in the Izzet one, Synthetic Destiny in Simic.
>>
Are Slivers any good? I want to build a deck based on them
>>
>>52823542
Yes. Literally throw any 30 in a deck and youre good to go.
>>
Is it worth it to run Blade of the Bloodchief in a deck with no vampires that needs +1/+1 counters on the commander?
>>
>>52823565
What colors are you in?
>>
>>52823542
They're cancer, but yeah, they Spike.
>>
>>52823603
Red
>>
>>52823542
Slivers are what retarded people play desu. A monkey could win 90% of games with a sliver deck.
>>
How to get the actual value of cards when selling them? I know I'll get maybe 40% of the value if I sell to the nearest store, and I assume there isn't a big market on craigslist.
>>
>>52823655
If you list individually:

TCG Mid is what they are generally worth
TCG Low is what you can list them as
10% under TCG Low is where you will probably end up selling them at

Those are only for cards people are actually looking for. For more bulk stuff you're better off selling as lots
>>
>>52823616
Worth a try I think. Unconditional options like Ring of Valkas and Dragon Blood might be better, but your options in mono red are limited to those three as far as I know.
>>
>>52823806
Yeah I'm looking at them but I'm also thinking they're a little too slow to be worth it. Maybe I'll get all and try them out then make the appropriate cuts
>>
>>52821730
Sees more play in Legacy
>>
>>52823830
I'm curious now, what are you building?
>>
>>52823953
It's nothing particularly exciting. I just want to be able to ramp red Ashling without her ability going off so that the boom can be a bit bigger each time I decide to do it.
>>
What are your personal deck building guidelines?
>Minimum of two group hug cards
>No cards that require three mana of one color
>Karoos before unfetchable duals
>>
>>52824112
>No two basics may have the same artwork.
It's a singleton format after all.
>Either the deck an emergency infinite combo or two, or it has tutors.
Don't like having both, makes it boring.

I'm trying to play more symmetrical effects as well. Group hug is just sweet because it makes the whole table more dynamic.
>>
Does your playgroup give you more shit about certain infinite combos compared to others? For example, infinite tokens and infinite mana aren't seen as all that bad in my group, infinite draw is seen as annoying and infinite damage or instant win stuff is see as pure degeneracy that will get you focussed in the next 5 games.
>>
File: u4Tiezp.jpg (52KB, 266x371px) Image search: [Google]
u4Tiezp.jpg
52KB, 266x371px
Does infect trigger the snake ability?
>>
>>52824655
yup
>>
>>52824655
Yes.

Infect causes -1/-1 counters to be placed on a creature rather then damage.
>>
>>52824687
>>52824689
Ok cool, infect does say i ace the counters and im high so i got confused. Thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>52813169
I'm in the same boat
>help gf build her first non precon deck
>can't beat it now
Now I know why people dislike playing against the Theros gods, they are a pain to get off the board.
>>
File: 1492640337135.png (362KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
1492640337135.png
362KB, 1024x578px
>>52824784
>MFW my friends started bringing more enchantment exile, due to my love of the Theros gods.
How did it all go so wrong for the amonkhet gods.
>>
I really don't see how running asymmetrical land destruction is any more gay than running something like Sheoldred, Vorinclex, Jitte, or a handful of bullshit commanders.

You run those because your goal is to win, I run land d because my goal is to win. How are these any different at all? They're both just douchey ways of winning games.
>>
File: sheee.jpg (25KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
sheee.jpg
25KB, 226x311px
Is there a bigger asshole strategy than discard? You literally make people sit there and watch you play magic.
>>
>>52825061
Asymmetrical MLD basically removes the ability to play the game.

Sheoldred/Vorinclex may be annoying, but they are much easier to deal with then having all your lands removed.

If you are in a high-powered meta, I don't see it being a problem, but if you are in a lower power meta, and in response to someone playing sheoldred you blow up all their lands, I could see how that is an issue.
>>
>>52825127
Constantly recurring mindslaver and taking people's turns can be pretty fucking cancer in that regard.
>>
>>52825190
That definitely blows ass but at least things are happening. You can see how creative the guy can be with your deck and how good he is at fucking it up. Discard just means you do literally nothing until you die.
>>
>>52825061
>tap out to play your stuff
>opponent plays a praetor or other big threat
>untap on your turn, play a solution to big threat or present even bigger threat or dig for said solutions/threats
vs.
>tap out to play your stuff
>opponent destroys all your lands
>untap on your turn, look at your hand full of cards and your board empty of mana
>opponent who played land destruction either wins instantly by dropping an eldrazi, or the game drags out for multiple hours of you barely being able to play

Gee whiz anon, I wonder why
>>
>>52821027
Ohh spectral grasp is nice. Thanks m8.
>>
>>52825061
How is playing Vorinclex, Jitte or Sheoldred douchey at all? They're big splashy creatures, but super easy to deal with, like come on.
I play stasis locks, stax and what not, but seriously, I'm not retarded so I at least see the difference there
>>
>>52814053
>>52814073
>winning
priceless
>>
>>52812171

Green ramp spells are better than almost any mana rock, with very few exceptions.
>>
>>52825764
Exception being: You're hosing lands. Otherwise Rampant Growth is literally Coldsteel Heart that however faintly thins your deck. Which kind of sets the bar for which rocks and ramp spells are "good enough"
>>
>>52812171
If you are in a faglord meta that thinks it's unacceptable and "against the spirit of EDH" to blow up lands, then you should run land ramp, your ramp will have special immunity compared to the Boros player crying into a pool of your semen.

If you play with adults then it's best to run a mix so you don't get blown out completely when Armageddon comes.
>>
>>52826045
Nature's Lore and Skyshroud Claim, dorks, Kodama's Reach, Vernal Bloom, dorks and so on, and dorks, are fast and consistent if left unchecked.
>>
>>52826374
I'm not sure if I'm on board with Dorks. Depending on meta, creatures are FAR more likely to be collateral damage than other types. They're fairly efficient but at the cost of dying to damage.
>>
>>52826484
You simply have much more consistent turn 1 ramp with green dorks.
>>
>>52826542
Fair. CMC1 dorks are worth it for that if nothing else.
>>
>>52826574
Especially when you have a 3cmc green commander. Animar and shit all appreciate a bird of paradise.
>>
So, I finally made a review of all the commanders in the new set.

I'm afraid I sound like a faggot.
>>
File: P_20170421_191129_001.jpg (669KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170421_191129_001.jpg
669KB, 2560x1440px
>>52818286
New general and a small upgrade for my Teysa deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/death-at-the-darkest-hour-1/
>>
Opinions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rishkars-counter-army/
>>
File: wtfmtog.jpg (302KB, 1679x498px) Image search: [Google]
wtfmtog.jpg
302KB, 1679x498px
It says that Crime/Punishment is off color for Karador. It used to play it before, why did they break?
>>
>>52825139
In my opinion in a lower power meta no one should be running shit like Sheoldred or Jitte. You'd have to be legitimately retarded to pretend that those cards are "casual".

If people can make the excuse of "Well, you can use removal on them!" to run bullshit, then I can use the excuse of "Well, you could run more mana rocks and counter spells!" to run bullshit like land destruction.

I think there needs to be some serious fucking evaluation of what constitutes casual and what doesn't. I'm fine with not running land destruction, but if I'm playing mono red and have to go up against fucking ridiculously powerful creatures like Sheoldred then I believe it's my right to level the playing field and do what I can to win. Because at that point it's either lose to bullshit or win with bullshit, and I don't see how one bullshit is all that much worse than the other bullshit because they're both fucking bullshit.

So with that said, I'm using Burning Sands and I will drop blasphemous act on your gay shit and watch you cry when you have to sac all your lands.
>>
Building Multiplayer Bolas, the idea is to play politics and manipulate people, plus steal their stuff.

I have a lot of the usual suspects, are there any great political gems in grixis that slip through the cracks?
>>
>>52827275
Daiochan! You can target a creature of whoever has the strongest board state, then let another player target something of their choice, which will usually be something from the strongest player's boardstate. Two for one.
>>
>>52825061
there is no difference. things like land destruction and infect get a bad rap because they combat degenerate strategies that other people want to play and that is it. it isnt even like stopping them is hard. want to stop land destruction? there are endless numbers of cards that do it. want to stop infect? put some low drop guys in your decks. anyone who complains about any strategy in magic has a fundamentally flawed idea of the game or is an idiot
>>
>>52827293

Thanks that's pretty good.
>>
>>52827320
Also if you're playing 1v1 and have lightning greaves or swiftfoot boots on your shit then they literally can't target your shit with the ability thus need to target something of their own to kill. Love that shit
>>
>>52827275
I like the new card Frenzied Fugue. You get to steal a thing from someone, but they can't really get mad because you're only stealing it during your turn.
>>
>>52827260
Both Sheoldred and MLD are casual so we're good.
>>
What's some good all purpose removal in monogreen? And how many of my 7-ish removal spells should be naturalize-type stuff?

And lastly, in a monogreen deck that floods the board, should I even run any wipes? And if I should, how many, and which?

I've never built for monogreen before, go easy on me.
>>
>>52827714
In my opinion the following at auto-includes in 100% of mono green EDH decks:

Beast Within
Woodfall Primus
Terastodon
Desert Twister
Acidic Slime

Then you can decide on Lux Cannon, Predator Flagship, Plummet, Whirlwind
>>
>>52827714
Also Serrated Arrows can come in handy for pinging annoying utility creatures.
>>
>>52827714
>>52827776
Since mono-green is obvisouly rampy, how about something like scour from existence?
>>
>>52828184
Yes and All is Dust
>>
>>52828184
OH and Argentum Armor fucking rules
>>
>>52827309
Infect is amazing and I wished more people played it. It keeps decks honest, as does fast aggro.
I'm not gonna let you people for 5 turns without advancing their boardstate at all, and no matter how much they bitch and moan, I will slam them with a turn 4 kozilek if they're open.
>>
>>52828232
could not agree more anon
>>
>>52828232
*let people ramp for 5 turns
I'm going to bed.
>>
>Guy always has the best board state of our group because he runs the most bullshit
>Gets mad because I always focus on him
>Thinks we have some sort of grudge going when in reality I'm simply using logical threat assessment.
>Gets mad if I kill him, focuses only on me for the rest of the night every time

Why are human beings so dumb
>>
>>52828408
is he really dumb, or is he just assessing you as his biggest threat?
>>
>>52828423
Metagaming is lame, but I actually agree with you. He should blame the other idiots for their poor threat assessment more.
>>
>>52828423
Well, whenever I hit him he makes remarks like "Of course he hits me!" and then whenever he swings he says "Obviously at you."
>>
>>52828520
explain to the group why exactly you are attacking him

that'll make some take your side, edh is basically subtly bullying people while coming out on top
>>
Dumb question: can I Stifle/Disallow my own Necropotence exile trigger to make sure things hit the graveyard?
>>
>>52828692
It triggers for each card, so you could save one card.
>>
>>52828720
That's all I need. Thanks, friend
>>
File: postman.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
postman.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52810759
The postman came today.
Thank you mr. postman.

>tfw the card in your deck that's 900% more expensive than your commander is most likely just gonna end up in the graveyard and staying there every game
>>
>>52828779
oops

>>52818286

>>52818431
if you're playing atraxa-creatures, she's great. If you're playing Atraxa-planeswalkers, she's just going to +2 all game, and very rarely -6 if it ends the game faster.

I mean, she'll smooth out your draws, but so would a divining top.
>>
File: Song of the Dryads.ashx.png (156KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Song of the Dryads.ashx.png
156KB, 223x311px
>>52827714
Don't forget pic relate
>>
>tfw your lgs has everything you need for your Sapling deck but a Sapling and an overgrown tomb
I'm sad and a little heartbroken... At least I got a mint condition weatherseed treefolk from their bulk rare box.
>>
>>52829311
>>52829311
>>52829311
New thread
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.