[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would You Play This?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2567.jpg (79KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2567.jpg
79KB, 500x656px
>D&D 3.5 rules
>NPC classes only, with bonus feats
>can spend bonus feats on Generic Class abilities
>Wounds and Vitality Rules
>Armor as DR

Would you ever play in such a game?
>>
I would, but not before asking the DM if a different system would be better suited for it. Chances are it's the one who keeps complaining D&D doesn't work for what he wants to do, but keeps sticking with it for some reason.
>>
No. Play:

> D&D 5E
> D&D 2E
> GURPS
> Burning Wheel
> Song of Swords
> WHF RPG

There are a million systems designed for low-fantasy combat, ranging from granular detail to less simulationist narrative. 3.5 isn't one of them, no matter how many rules you tack on. Even other d20 systems do it better (Iron Heroes is a good example).
>>
>>52808315
probably not

I don't know what the GM is trying to accomplish with this but if he's looking for low power or grittiness I suspect that 1st or second edition or a retroclone like BFRPG would probably capture that feel better than a version of 3.5 where you HAVE to take the reviled shitty 'trap' options would
>>
>>52808315
For me the beauty of 3.5 is the big crits, bonus and spells.
(I will let the spergs in /tg/ react about it, I played the game for decades, if you cannot make it work is because you are not socially competent, and you know it).

Said this, I would be curious and try it, but I find the issue in the risk of "blandness". How would you design the classes OP, how many bonus feats?
Is a similar principle of this? http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm
>>
>>52808315
>NPC classes
Included the Magewright in Eberron?
>>
>>52808315
Yes sure sounds...
>>Armor as DR
No thanks. Just not a fan of it.
>>
>>52808315
Get yourself The One Ring rulebook.
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>52808315
No.
>>
>>52810008
Not OP but just asking.. what about a combination? Armor as DR and as AC bonus?
Perhaps as Fortification (chance to ignore crits) too?
I ask for a friend...
>>
>>52808315
Stopped reading at 3.5, that's a hell not worth ever playing again regardless of the rest of the premise.
>>
>>52810045
(not OP)
we could discuss Armor as a DR vs armor as an AC bonus, or being childish autists because the triggering system is used, albeit despoiled of all the dangerous stuff.

But is still too much for you limited mind, am I right? You have to sperg and spread your pointless livor, you useless piece of shit.
>>
>>52808315
OP the image is from BECMI. Ever tried that?
Look for the PDF and use weapon mastery and all sort of armors from Companion from level 1

Raise the % of some Thief skill and don't play beyond 10.
You will thank me later.
>>
>>52808315
No. Fuck that. What're you even trying to accomplish by doing that?
>>
>>52808315

>3.5 rules
I can understand wanting to stick with the d20 system, familiarity, not exiting your comfort zone, being unable to change or adapt and all, but you are, ultimately hamstringing yourself and just needlessly complicating matters.

>NPC classes only
First level is aristocrat for the 6d8x10 starting gold, plus all weapons and armor proficiencies. There is no reason to stay as an aristocrat after level 1. Subsequent levels are either Adept for spellcasting (not really gimpled, still has access to divine magic), Expert for skills (which spellcasting can't completely mitigate because adepts are limited to very low divine spells) or Warrior for BAB. Since you never lose Armor or weapon proficiencies, and clerical spells have no spell failure chance, and skills generally don't care about equipment, everyone is armored up and fully proficient. I did a zero effort min-max within one minute of looking at page 107 of the DMG for NPC classes.

>Bonus feats for generic class abilities.
Human Aristocrat 1 spends his feats on Wild Shape and Natural Spell.

>Wounds and vitality Rules
Do you fully understand these? Fully? How fully? Are you *really* sure you want to give players that option?

>Armor as DR
Incompatable with wounds / vitality.
>>
>>52810225
I think first and foremost we should know which class features are available and how many bonus feats.
>>
>>52810225
>Incompatable with wounds / vitality.
why?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.