[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 52

File: paladin_by_yakonusuke-d6tgio8.jpg (102KB, 914x788px) Image search: [Google]
paladin_by_yakonusuke-d6tgio8.jpg
102KB, 914x788px
5th Edition D&D General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Skills:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-SkillFeats.pdf

>Make sure to fill out the official survey on Unearthed Arcana: Downtime:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/75fccdb56af9

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/ >>52798067

How should a paladin role play taking their oath?
>>
>>52805180
I just wish my party paladin would follow his oath at all.
>>
>>52805229
>just wish my party paladin would follow his oath at all.
I have a paladin player who took the oath of conquest from the paladin UA
He just uses it as an excuse to kill everyone, much to the dismay of the rest of the party who would like to interrogate someone for once.
>>
>>52805180
>How should a paladin role play taking their oath?

Going through a magical ceremony they learned at their order.
>>
>>52805276
Daily reminder that nongood paladins are cancer and the people who play them belong in the garbage can.
>>
Xth for tanks exist

Also
>Not starting at a level where you already have your oath
>>
>>52805295
Daily reminder that non-Frankish paladins belong in the trash.
>>
>>52805295
I like how they made oathbreaker disgustingly powerful but locked it behind the evil wall so no one can ever play it
>>
>>52805359
>I like how they made oathbreaker disgustingly powerful but locked it behind the evil wall so no one can ever play it
All you have to do is break your oath and be a dick
>>
Does intelligence get you any skills in this ed?
>>
>>52805434
Nope. By default, intellect does jack shit but give you a + to your knowledge skills.
>>
>>52805359
Being evil doesn't mean you have to murder every farmer and shopkeeper you come across so I'd say it's completely playable.
Also how to become oathbreaker:
>Break oath
>Become oathbreaker
You don't even have to be 'evil', I'd say even neutral can pass as oathbreaker in certain circumstances.
>>
Are their any PHB Paladin subclasses that match up to Vengeance. Even when including team play it seems better.
>>
>>52801236
Because it's the 60s/70s and you're allowed to have fun. Even the 80s were fun. Fun didn't die until 1995.
>>
>>52805512
What makes you rate Vengeance so highly?

I would say Ancients is just as powerful, but defensively rather than offensively.
>>
How do these early level dungeon ideas sound?

>Level 1, Abandoned Guard tower that's become the roost of a giant vulture and his brood.

>Level 2, Generic raid on a bandit camp and a showdown with the bandit captain

>Level 3, Seaside shrine that has fallen into a state of abandon that has corrupted it's water-weird guardian

>Level 4, Generic crypt of undead with the boss being the ghost of an old and bitter king
>>
>>52805512
Vengeance's level 7 ability isn't very good.

Oathbreaker in the DMG is broken overpowered.

Vengeance's main features are the bonus action advantage and haste, and honestly the advantage is a little overrated. You'll probably not be using GWM, you'll probably be using PAM and thus losing a bonus action means less damage, and also it doesn't stack with other sources of advanace (prone/wolf barbarian) and it only affects one enemy.

Devotion offers a channel divinity that takes an entire action for +tohit, but it stacks with advantage, affects any creature you attack and honestly if you're out of range of enemies you can use it then, much like you can use a bonus action for vow of vengeance or whatever it is out of range.
Basically, other oaths have better level 7s. Vengeance has better channel divinities and slightly better spells, probably. But overall there's not a big difference.

Also oath of the crown is pretty okay, too.
>>
>>52805512
>advantage on saving throws AND flat resistance to all magic for your ENTIRE party
>this somehow doesnt match up
>>
One of my players (a fighter) is going to likely acquire a magical sword soon. They've been hunting for it for some time and are closing in. The story is that it's the classic deal, a sword that has been wielded by countless warriors before, coveted by all those who live by the sword. However, also in the classic vein, the legend says that it's a nefarious blade, and most of those who have wielded it have also met their end holding it. Supposedly, it's very much the "live by the sword, die by the sword" deal. Still, it's also supposed to be a powerful weapon, and of course that's all my players really care about.

Now, I don't really feel like making it the tired old "Go berserk and kill everyone" deal. Something like that feels like it should maybe be a bit more subtle. Like, not even outright cursed. More like, it's the kind of weapon that will push you towards a violent death. The kind which will inevitably cause grief and death around you as well. It's a sword with a dark history, after all.

Any suggestions? What do you think it should actually do, both in terms of powers and the curse (other than just generally steering things towards violence and misery and people coverting it and all that)? I've been toying with the idea that it might be haunted with all the previous owners who found only misery by taking it up, but I haven't really figured out any tasty rules for it. It probably shouldn't be anything too fancy, it's a sword made for hitting people after all, but just sticking some damage bonuses on it feels a bit dull as well.

How do you make an important magical weapon feel intresting and impactful to use while still mostly just being something that hits people?
>>
File: 1490113453099.png (13KB, 349x320px) Image search: [Google]
1490113453099.png
13KB, 349x320px
>>52805581
>>52805621
But their channel divinity options are so boooring
>>
>>52805593
They're pretty generic but that doesn't mean they are bad. I say go for it. These are adventure types that most people are familiar with so it's a safe place to start. Make sure to put secrets and maybe a puzzle or two into the crypts.
>>
>>52805593
You'll need to do some foreshadowing and thematic tying, otherwise it'll end up feeling like an unconnected series of challenges instead of a coherent location.
>>
>>52805639
Give it a unique mechanic.
>As a bonus action, you can magically extend the sword by X feet, increasing your reach by....
>On a critical hit, deal X damage of a different type and gain the same amount of HP back...
>Can cast X spell
>>
>>52805639
You could just make it Blackrazor.
>>
So whats the consensus of find steed atacking in combat?
>>
>>52805639
Leave room for there being a way to overcome the curse in stead of all the previous owners, but make sure it doesn't just happen automatically.

Perhaps something where people become hostile to the bearer, as a 'bringer of bad luck, carnage and death' along with monsters seeking to kill whoever wields it. Perhaps with past spirits of wielders with it, they could give a very pessimistic view, but the idea is that as the wielder defies everybody's distrust and hate and continues to do good instead of feeling scorn over how they're hated and taking revenge, that the spirits in the sword might take back their pessimism and slowly monsters don't get drawn to the blade and it doesn't attract as much scorn. Though there'll still be people who're very cautious of the wielder.

Then the history with the sword could be that it was gifted by a king to a grand hero who did something great in the past, but who then fell shortly after getting the sword, instilling the paranoia everyone has, and everybody wishing curses on the hero and the swordbearers thereafter.
>>
>>52805639
The sword isn't cursed.
It grants an extra bonus instead!

A specific bonus to Persuasion, make it twice the +s of the sword or something, it works with those that would follow the bearer into battle - but only as long as he leads from the front. If you ever stop, like a Charm effect, they become hostile.

The Warlord's Brand. A sword that leads armies, a crucible in which the best leaders of men are forged - and fall.
>>
>>52805764
By RAI as per Jeremy Crawford, it can only attack if you are not riding it.
>>
>>52805620
Ancient's magic resist aura is fucking ridiculous, but yeah, it doesn't have many good damage options even if it gives you some aoe the rest of the kit misses.

i think vengeance's power is solely on the spells, hunter's mark, hold person/monster, haste, banishment, etc. are all pretty fucking good and let you function as a nova machine much more easily without having to rely on your party.
>>
>>52805730
>Sword feels cold to touch
>Casts X level Armor of Agathys on the bearer when activated. Once per short/long rest.

>The sword has a lust for blood
>If the player attempts to sheathe the sword before it has had it's fill of blood the sword will attempt to cast command/Crown of Madness on it's bearer
>>
File: CzCYwtxXAAAUp47.jpg large.jpg (59KB, 1237x698px) Image search: [Google]
CzCYwtxXAAAUp47.jpg large.jpg
59KB, 1237x698px
>yfw a gnome with a dagger has 5ft reach
>you can grab someone and hit them with a battle axe doing 1d8 damage
>you do a 1d10 damage to someone on the same square as you when using a pike
>the only advantages to using a spear aren't present in the game
>trident does the same damage as short sword
>you can throw a javelin the same distance as you can shoot a hand crossbow and yet they both do the same damage
>a rapier does more damage than a shortsword
>a stick does the same damage as a morning star
>pike
>>
File: sdGk2wR.gif (5MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
sdGk2wR.gif
5MB, 320x180px
>Gonna be DMing today
>didn't prep anything

This gonna be good.
>>
>>52805621
aura of warding only gives resistance to damage from spells.
>only
yeah, it's still fucking strong of an effect.
>>
>>52805620
This. Devotion's Sacred Weapon is nuts. Turning isn't bad, either, and their immunity to Charm as an aura is a big fucking deal against intelligent threats. The Oath's weakest point is probably its spell selection, which even then lets you free up on prepared spells since some of them are staples despite being on the Paladin list already (Sanctuary, Prot. From Evil/Good, Dispel Magic), with the exception of Freedom of Movement which is an excellent addition.
Their capstone is probably the worst of all the core Oaths, but some classes have it worse.

>>52805671
I feel that same way about Vengeance's non-channel divinity features. They're mechanically sound, but not very interesting.
Meanwhile, Devotions and Ancients get to denounce demons and undead/fey to make them turn, and make the whole party immune to like half the effects in the game/magical damage by mere presence alone. It's cool as fuck.
>>
File: 1492707815777.jpg (29KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1492707815777.jpg
29KB, 400x396px
>>52805836
The times I've DM'd I just hastily scrapped shit to gether while the players were making PCs
Probably why we never make it to 2nd session and I got no repeat players
>>
>>52805639
>>52805783
Oh, as for abilities, I'd do something like:
>As a bonus action, once a short rest, the sword becomes wreathed in a dark energy and deals an extra damage die of necrotic damage for a minute.
And maybe an ability to summon a minor devil as a ritual.

The idea is that it has some evil abilities associated with it the spirits of previous wearers will reveal.
But the idea is that you're not supposed to abuse these abilities, or else things are only going to get worse. Using them in moderation is fine.
But later they can find that it has more holy variations that can be revealed and used to smite undead, fiends and the like.

Though honestly I think testing the player with 'You COULD be stronger, but that'd be evil' would be obnoxious because the player is 90% likely to just go with more power and then you'd be a bit of a jerk to say 'Okay, well now you're evil'.

The focus is that the scorn people show towards them is supposed to challenge their resolve, not the sword's abilities itself. So, I don't know. I don't know how powerful you want it to be.
>>
>>52805671
>Boring

That wasn't the statement originally made, Oath of Ancients is just as good but from a different angel.
>>
>>52805359
I actually had an idea for an Oathbreaker Paladin who was a Paladin of the Crown that, for some reason, became disillusioned with the nation that he served. He's still Good, but he no longer believes in the Crown that he pledged himself to.

Oathbreaker's spells and flavor are still pretty Evil, though.
>>
Is great weapon fighting the fighting style just a bait option.

Defense seems a lot better with PAM.
>>
>>52805935
Depends on what weapon you're using, with a greatsword it's decent but other than that pretty lackluster.
>>
>>52805935
GWF gives +1.33 damage to 2d6 per hit, +0.8 damage to 1d10, +0.5 damage to 1d4.

It exists for when you really want to push the absolute limits of how much damage you can do, but it is pretty baitey considering on anyone who has access to GWF that polearms are a better choice of weapon than greatswords.

Defense is probably better.
>>
>>52805935
It's really good if you're going to go just raw GWM with a greatsword/maul and not PAM. There isn't much reason to do that other than flavor or if you're going to be using Bonus Actions for something other than PAM attacks.
>>
File: tmp_5535-a11614369105.jpg (53KB, 350x374px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5535-a11614369105.jpg
53KB, 350x374px
>halfling cleric (male)
>>
>>52806074
The meme never ends.
>>
>>52806074
>(male)
sternnorwegianlarper.jpg
>>
>>52806074
She's not an healslut! She's a propper girl!
And her propping is ok, because she's in love!
>>
>>52805964

When did this logic switch? GWF was considered the only choice for damage a while ago. Is it because they said it doesn't work with Smite and such; only the base damage dice?
>>
>>52806148
For the most part, yes.
Scaling damage is one thing, but a fixed not even +2? Fuck that, let's grab the AC, at least it's not supposed to scale in the first place.
>>
>>52806127
I'll be larping with my chastity cage and buttplug as a pure maiden of Yondalla, I'll have you know.
>>
anyone have any cool/funny uses of the decanter of endless water? just got one on my item fighting thief, so i can reliably use it mid battle as well
>>
>>52805434
>>52805446
This is one thing that bugs me a lot about 5th ed. It's gotten so streamlined. Does anyone really see the point of having characteristics anymore? The variety comes from multi-classing, and otherwise you're going down the same technical path for your class. Granted, there are a lot of classes, but other than +[x] to your attack rolls, what do characteristics even add to the system anymore?

I mean, suppose you're playing a wizard and you go high INT and high CON so you can hit more often and get more health. Well, if you want to be persuasive too, you can't because your CHA isn't high. At any level. You can be proficient at it, but that's the furthest it goes, and your proficiency rises across the board depending on your level.
>>
>>52806074
been reading this since last thread, not sure if i like it but i can agree it's arousing, most complicated feel.
>>
>>52806202

I don't know if it's possible for D&D to have it at this point, because it's too old a game in general, but it needs more robust role playing mechanics.

They've finally got a system that is fairly streamlined and works reasonably well for combat that doesn't take six hours per fight, but there's only a few social skills and maybe a few tool proficiencies for things like vehicle piloting and social interaction.

It needs settings, adventures, and mechanics that actually facilitate good role playing; it's right now mostly a combat system with roleplaying tied to it loosely. In a sense, roleplaying is only there because the game says it's there; it doesn't provide the structure to support it. I dunno what would help, though, because other games that I can think of that are RP-heavy (VtM comes to mind, horrible balance notwithstanding) are tied inextricably to their setting, whereas D&D tries to be fairly generic.
>>
>>52806074
/pfg/ is 2 threads down
>>
File: 1492698856820.jpg (70KB, 712x887px) Image search: [Google]
1492698856820.jpg
70KB, 712x887px
>>52806074
>>
File: a1366.gif (9KB, 515x320px) Image search: [Google]
a1366.gif
9KB, 515x320px
>>52805918
>but from a different angel

This could be a pun based off of a divine power source. Or it could be a typo.
>>
>>52806272
Maybe if they got rid of characteristics and gave you a point-buy system for skills. Combat is just flat proficiency across the board and gets higher depending on your level, and every level you get to allocate a set number of points into your skills. I'd say tie the points into INT like they used to, but I think they're going away from that direction, so just have it be a specific amount.

That way combat is still streamlined, or even moreso, and the variance comes from your skills or from multiclassing to stack whatever advantages.

As it is, I've got a character and a backup character. The starting guy rolled really bad stats, so he's not higher than a 12 in anything. He gets a +1 from his characteristics to hit, and he's a wizard, so I've been relying on spells that always deal damage or half damage because otherwise I can't hit a damn thing. Meanwhile, the backup character has a 16 or higher in a bunch of characteristics.

Of course I'll never play with the backup character because I'm cautious and always stand my wizard in safe places, so the wizard probably won't die. I just don't get the point, though. Why does my wizard have to kind of suck ass, but my replacement fighter has completely stellar characteristics? If I'd rolled better, the wizard would just be better and that'd be all she wrote.

Doesn't make any sense for the fact that all these stats do is give me a +[x] to attacks.
>>
Diviner vs Abjurer vs notCleric for a wiz that wants to actually be useful?
>>
>>52806377
I'm not sure what you're asking but I like abjurers
>>
>>52806349
I'll never tell

I lied its a typo.
>>
>>52806377
Diviner to gaurantee enemies fail saves and sometimes save a teammate.
Notcleric for even more fucking spells, +2 to saves sometimes because OP shit and looking all clericy.
Abjurer if you're really bad at playing wizard and need a crutch, or if you're thinking of taking a warlock multiclass for armor of agathy memes.
>>
File: de6.jpg (48KB, 680x364px) Image search: [Google]
de6.jpg
48KB, 680x364px
>>52806376
>rolling for stats

Found your first problem.

If you want a more nuanced social encounter game, talk to your DM. There are a ton of modules that offer that. I'd check out Murder in Baldur's Gate.

If you want to buff your core stats, then talk to the DM about going on a quest for Divine boons or magic items that can do that.
>>
>>52806376
So you want to remove characteristics and work on a sort of Fallout-esque skill system where you have everything divided into skills (weapons, speech, barter, guns) and you improve those when you level up? I kinda like that desu.

>>52806462
Real memers roll for stats
>>
>>52805446
Here's a houserule I usually play with, every int mod is a bonus language for your character. Languages are pretty important in my campaigns.
>while a sinkhole appears every hour, the players are trying to get into a dwarven vault in the city to stop the sinkholes
>because they don't know dwarven, it is gonna take several hours to get in instead of half an hour
>>
>>52806503
Real memers need to suck it up when the stat rolls don't go their way.

>>52806526
>Wizard becomes the translator

This is how most games of LMoP go when playing with the pregen characters.
>>
What's the most interesting sorcerous origin you've seen?
>>
>>52806202
It feels like a water-down and better supported version of Fantasycraft. Which, to be fair, is a great step for D&D, but only an okay step for Fantasycraft.
The weapons and armaments and combat just seems so simple. I loathe pathfinder's bloat and all that, but I did like being able to synergize weapon and build beyond "can I apply dex to damage?"
>>
>>52806462
>talk to the DM about going on a quest for Divine boons or magic items that can do that.
See, but if we're going to go on a quest that'll raise someone's stats, I'd rather raise the stats of the guy who already has an 18 in his core combat characteristic. Why? Because if we get him up to 20 Strength, a +5 is way more valuable than getting my wizard a +2 to hit. I already have fireball, so I'm always going to hit my targets even if I only do half damage. Meanwhile the barbarian can be trusted to land his attack.

And we're level 6, so we already have more cash than we need and all the best equipment money can buy. The optimal strategy is to make the best characters better, and if the worst characters die, then re-roll.

DnD doesn't reward you in any way for having low characteristics. It's not cheaper to go from 12 to 14 compared to 18 to 20. You're always playing catch up and the character with a higher roll is always more reliable.
>>
>>52805593
>>52805675
>>52805678
My suggestions:
>1
The vulture fled from its coastside lair because of evil events. Leave clues to this somehow. Perhaps the nest has some sea related items in it, perhaps there's the corpse of a fisherman in the bird / being fed to the brood. Maybe he had a note on him or something, who knows.

>2
The bandits are cultists (or at least the captain worships) of a wicked water god, they (or he) caused the mishap described later. Clues in captain's private quarters (idol, waterbreathing potion) and on his person (amulet, religious text)

>3
This dungeon is a thing because of the cultists above. Water guardian begs players for help to cleanse the shrine with an item in the dungeon described next.

>4
The bitter king ruled a sea faring kingdom that discovered many lands, and people. They brought back several weird artifacts. When the king dies he begs players to take his dust to the seas. Doing so causes the king's old ship to rise from the waters in the horizon. If the players get there, there's a large pile of treasure waiting for them (and maybe some sea-folk who are confused as to why their nest suddenly surfaced. they have no use for the treasure so they can be talked to).
>>
>>52806594
>raise someone's stats
how about
>raise everyone's stats
>>
>>52805639
It's actually just a sword but it was wielded by extremely powerful fighters. And with power comes temptation! And they have all failed.
>>
>>52806659
Okay. But - what's the point of the characteristics, then? See? 5e has reached a point of arbitrary abstraction that they really don't make any sense.

It used to be fine because you had more control over your skills, so you'd roll and see what you had to work with, then plan around it. A bad roll might be salvageable. But now a bad roll is just a bad roll.
>>
I need an alternate name for hang gliders, please help
>>
>>52806698
Gliders that hang
>>
>>52806698
danglewings
>>
File: true man.jpg (268KB, 1280x894px) Image search: [Google]
true man.jpg
268KB, 1280x894px
>Capture a man captive that we suspect is behind a human trading ring.
>Rogue wants to kill him on the spot.
>Warn him not to as we have no actual evidence, and even if we did it's not in our power to kill a man based on our judgement.
>Group debates on what to do, eventually deciding to cart him back to town (three days away), so they could deal with him there
>Sick of this the rogue lunges in to cut his throat
>Roll to intercept, get a crit and cut the rogues hand off with my greatsword.
>Rogue loses his shit and bitches at me OOC
>DM decides to kick me out of the party a few minutes later for starting pvp

The path of a paladin is a lonely one.
>>
>>52806698
Falling-in-a-directioners
>>
>>52806698
Flying Kites
>>
>>52806714
That's pretty retarded, and not very believable. Did it actually happen?
>>
>>52806559
>LMoP
Landfill Methane Outreach Program?
>>
>>52806694
They are there so you can literally roll up a character and background on the spot and have them somewhat fleshed out.

You're really worried about mechanical benefits from everything instead of looking at them like flavor. How about asking your DM for chances to train in different things you want to be good in.
>>
File: 1491962433549.jpg (289KB, 1300x902px) Image search: [Google]
1491962433549.jpg
289KB, 1300x902px
>>52806737
I'm afraid so.

Anyone need another member in their group?
>>
>>52806714
>Paladin goes straight to removing limbs

epic! totally had the higher moral ground there bro!
>>
>>52806714
Shit DM
>>
>>52806728
>>52806698
Go in this direction.
Heavenly Kites!
>>
>>52806753
Wasn't really my intention, but that's how my DM rules crits.
>>
>>52806694
You could easily rework the game into being stat-less.
Give some points to distribute to saves, to skills, to hit and damage (or maybe not those 2, or separated), hps, and work from the derived statistics instead of the abilities.
>>
>>52806753
Depends on the way he worded the intercept, unfortunately most people treat 20s as "lol I get what I want even if it was impossible to begin with XD!"
>>
>>52806767
>I want to stop him from attacking
>After advocating for not murdering someone
>Oh you rolled a 20 so that means you want to cripple him

As a DM this annoys me
>>
>>52806714
Several questions. Where did you capture this man?

Why did the GM let you roll to intercept, then kick you?

Why is the rogue such a bitch? You could probably fix his hand up again.
>>
>>52806744
My point is that it isn't flavor anymore, though. All those stats do is determine how easily I'll hit the enemy in combat. I guess it adds to skill rolls somewhat too, but that's more influenced by whether I took proficiency.
>>
File: 6f8.jpg (21KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
6f8.jpg
21KB, 250x375px
>>52806694
>Everyone goes on a fun adventure to save the shire from Voldemort
>Broseidon himself shines his Lite Beer Rays upon you
>He grants you each a boon for rescuing his Little Hobbitses
>Everyone becomes a bit stronger, smarter, or faster in a way that fits their personalities

You
>If everyone benefits, no one really benefits
>>
>>52806749
Well, that sucks.
But it's quite alright, anonymous. You don't deserve to play with people like that.
>>
>>52806740
Lost Mine of Phandelver. The starter set adventure. The Elf Wizard is usually the only one to know goblin.
>>
>>52806808
>Where did you capture this man?
An abandoned keep, few days track from either of the closest villages. Apparently travelers had been going missing when traveling from village to village.

>Why did the GM let you roll to intercept, then kick you?
I don't think he'd expected the level of bitching the rogue was putting out

>Why is the rogue such a bitch? You could probably fix his hand up again.
Without a doubt. The player complained about everything, from bad rolls to not getting enough attention.
>>
File: kiteman1.jpg (51KB, 604x367px) Image search: [Google]
kiteman1.jpg
51KB, 604x367px
>>52806761
Man Kites
>>
>>52806698
Gliders of hanging
>>
>>52806817
>If everyone benefits, no one really benefits
In a relative sense this is true, though. I guess I forget how DnD works with AC, so if the whole party has a +1 to attack then all enemies are in +1 danger. But if the GM intends to balance encounters, he's going to scale the enemies to reflect that.
>>
>>52806749
>Dear diary
>This creepy fucker is still standing way too close and looking over my shoulder
>Lucky for me he can't read and only pretends to
>>
>>52806749
It really sounds like an excuse to kick you out.
Was the rest of the group ok with it?

If it was online, maybe it was just the DM power-tripping, but RL... they wanted you out, but didn't want to confront you about it.
>>
>>52806767
And he kicked you for his own ruling?
>>
>>52806883
It was just a roll20 thing. I don't think anyone's had problems with me before. It was just a very weird moment. I try to be as helpful as I can generally.

>>52806897
I think he more kicked me out for the way the Rogue reacted.
>>
>>52806849
Well to be fair, depending on the NPC's behaviour it might be safe to assume that he was a baddie.

No idea why the GM would punish you when the rogue is the one who is bitching. Probably a good idea to get away from that group.
>>
>>52806921
We'd seen him previously around a few dodgy places, but he was claiming total innocence, even going as far to tell us where a guy was hiding about to jump us.
>>
>>52806831
I never played any official modules. I'll be sure to look it up.
>>
>>52806921
>Safe to assume

That was he heart of the issue as he stated in >>52806714. Paladins shouldn't assume and only deus vult when it is actually called for.
>>
File: Flame_Lizard.png (92KB, 542x361px) Image search: [Google]
Flame_Lizard.png
92KB, 542x361px
>DM pads our health because "5e is too lethal"
/tg/ is it alright to be worried?
>>
>>52806970
>Why are you out here in the dangerous wilderness where a human slave ring is known to operate?
>Just taking a stroll!
>Are those manacles falling out of your pocket?
>They're my wife's!
>Ah okay, we better escort you back to the city.
>>
>>52807046
Yes, panicking would even be acceptable
>>
>>52807046
If he runs several hard encounters per day you'll need it. At low level it will be good, at higher levels it probably wont do much.
>>
Does the Great Weapon fighting style work with the dice from things like smite?
>>
>>52807093
It does not. Only with the original weapon dice.
If your DM is ok, it doesn't hurt to make it work instead, nobody'd get it otherwise, but it's directly against a clarification from the devs.
>>
File: bbf.jpg (453KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bbf.jpg
453KB, 800x1000px
I'm sure this is asked a lot but I'm going to anyways. Is there a way to create a Stand User in 5e?
I'me looking for a way to spice things up. Not even going full weeb but the idea of a physically frail PC guarded by a stronger guardian spirit seems interesting to roleplay.
>>
File: 1476823401672.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1476823401672.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>52807062
Nice straw man, how about you read how they had no real evidence and circumstantial evidence doesn't do dick for you.
>>
>>52807140
A beast ranger whose animal has perma intangibility somehow?
>>
>>52806753
From a certain point of view.
>>
>>52806714
Why did you cut his hands off?
>>
>>52807189
Because he was taking the life of a potentially innocent man. I'd originally intended to just intercept his attack, but the DM has a rule about crit effects so it ruled that I cut his hand off.
>>
>>52806503
>Real memers roll for stats
this.
>>
Guys my DM is male(female)

What should I expect?
>>
Can anybody explain to me Wis vs Cha saving throws? I know Cha is force of will so shit that alters personality should be there but I don't fully understand the distinction between them.
>>
>>52807235
A game of DnD 5E
>>
>>52806503
>Real memers roll for stats
Real memers let everything be chosen by the dice
Their race
Their class
Their spells
EVERYTHING
>>
>>52807235
>>52807243
This, desu
>>
>>52807235
I dunno, dice and elves?
>>
>>52807243
With dice
>>
>>52807215
Oh so instead of defusing a murderhobo situation you murderhobo'd yourself
>>
>>52807235
Memes and depending on the DM political views subtly worked into the world.
>>
I'd like to make a campaign where it's basically angels vs. devils.

Anyone got any ideas how to shape both parties making it hard to decide which side to choose.
>>
>>52806714
>attacking a party member

You could have grappled him

You could have just got in front of the strike and tanked the blow
>>
>>52807046
Our GM usually kills players by making us fight NPCs more than twice our level.
>>
File: 1491511374865.jpg (51KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1491511374865.jpg
51KB, 600x604px
>>52807276
>Just wanted to stop guy from killing suspect
>DM decided he cut the guys hand off because "lel Nat 20!"

Did you bother reading anything that guy had posted? Don't worry I know the answer and it's no.
>>
File: wizard-casting-a-spell.jpg (38KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
wizard-casting-a-spell.jpg
38KB, 240x160px
So I want to play a Wizard for my upcoming low level AL game. Can anyone give me any recommendations for what school and spells to pick? Transmutation looked nice.
>>
>>52807312
>You could have just got in front of the strike and tanked the blow

Yeah, you're right. This was the best option on reflection. If I could go back I would've done it like that.
>>
File: 1492517377262.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492517377262.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>52807354
>So I want to play a Wizard
>>
>>52807354
I've pick divination.
Sounds fun.
>>
Can anyone help me decide on which paladin oath to take?
My PC is a mountain dwarf who stole the shards of a holy weapon from the temple of his god to go reforge them (the dwarves no longer have access to a forge powered by the heat of the earth where it could be reforged, because drow have taken control of the deeper sections of the city). He would ideally like to use this weapon to:
1. Lead the assault that beats back the drow menace.
2. Bring glory to his god with deeds done with the warhammer
3. Bring glory to his clan and himself (he is not held in high regard by his clan and father for not being as great a commander and warrior as his deceased brother).

I'm choosing solely between the 3 oaths in the PH. I like all of the mechanics and spells for each oath (where one lacks, the other shines, like devotion being great for support and early game, ancients with its awesome 20th level ability and the magic resist aura, vengeance with the spells and loose moral guidelines
What do you guys think would be most in accordance with the flavour of my dude? Devotion because of his devotion to his clan, city, and god? Vengeance because he doesn't mind getting his hands dirty (stealing from his diety) to bring justice upon the drow invaders? Ancients may be the least likely, since I can't think of a reason for it, except maybe him being a protector of the earth and the gifts it gives (metal, the great forge), though that seems a bit far fetched. Any thoughts?
>>
Hey famalams.

Does this seem like a quite powerful, but yet not *too* broken item to give to a player.
They're all level 10, and they're just now starting to get their really powerful items.

I want to give the druid a magic item that remains in wildshape (although not in elemental form), that allows him to bonus action shift into and out of the ethereal plane like a phase spider might.

Because he is usually the tank I don't see him using this in combat too often unless he's in trouble himself. Since if he's ethereal he won't be able to help soak damage while in the other plane. But it might make for a good escape option for himself/safety net and allow better positioning in combat from time to time. Also an ethereal beast just seems pretty cool.
>>
>>52807169
That could work. iirc beastmaster pets can use touch spells, what is a class with a lot of touch spells that may be worth looking into?
Would I end up just being a detriment to the team?
>>
>>52807140
i'm going to say mystic but you could also be, say, a monk or a barbarian, and convince your dm to split your hp between your stand and another body.

say you play as a peasant or a 1st level of your class, and the rest of your levels is a separate body with the rest of your stats.
>>
>>52807439
>Would I end up just being a detriment to the team?
Yeah, most likely, but who cares?

Wizard is an obvious choice. Currently ranger pets scale off of your total level, rather than your ranger level, so you could go ranger 3/Wizard X if you really wanted to cheese.
>>
>>52807316
YOU said you cut chose to cut his hands off.
>>
>>52807439
I think you're thinking of familiars.

A warlock pact of the chain could work well for what you're describing. The "powerful spirit" would be more like a tiny imp though...

You could also be a cleric and use spirit guardians.
Why not take it a step further and go aasimar and roleplay your guardian angel to be your spirit guardian as well as the person who wields your spiritual weapon?
Eventually you can even fully summon an angelic being. All this can just be fluffed as different "levels" of their summoning.

Shield of faith? Your stand is blocking attacks for you. etc. etc.
>>
>>52807429
>lvl 13 spell at will
Welp, not a really good idea
>>
>>52807429
Will you put anything interesting on the ethereal plane?
It could be fun, like the One Ring in the LotR - you go on the other plane, but there you're fucked even harder than you were on the 'normal' side.
If it will end up as a free escape card and nothing more, don't do it, it's powerful but boring.
>>
>>52807503
Wrong
>>52807215
Also I'm some other jackass who actually likes paladins you know being played as paladins instead of harder hitting fighters.
>>
>>52807354
Divination or bust.
>>
>>52807504
Unfortunately we are only currently running the stock PHB options.

>>52807479
Well I'm also worried about being that guy I guess. The one with a very mary sue type of character. I've played with enough people like that that I wouldn't really want to put others in that situation.
>>
>>52807405
I'd say vengeance, but if you want the Ancients Oath, think about the defilement of your ancestral home by the drow, and the unnatural fiends that despoil your lands. Think of the flumphs being shot down, and of the natural creatures being displaced by Lolth's spiders and oozes.
>>
>>52807354
If you're a minmaxy munchkin piece of shit then divination is semi broken.
>>
>>52807587

You mean a Halfling Diviner with Lucky Feat could possibly be broken?
>>
>>52807511
I guess, but the thing is that phase spiders don't seem too great even with the same ability. Sure they're not a player, but when it comes to combat it seems like a similar principal.

Once they shift in they're stuck there for at least a round. If they shift out to the ethereal, they're now one less punching bag, and being the tank for the squishies, this isn't always so great.

Out of combat it seems like it could present an issue... maybe. I can see them using it to get to hard to reach places. But then at the same time, I don't usually build areas/encounters where that will be an issue.

>>52807530
I've thought about maybe forcing a charisma save each time he uses it. On a failure reducing max hp by 1 each time. Or maybe rolling 1d4 for how much is lost.

The ethereal plane actually does have some prevalence in this campaign which is why the item will come up in the first place. So yes, there will be entities there. Depending on the situation it could be very bad for him, but most the time it would just be the cha save.
>>
>>52807569
>Unfortunately we are only currently running the stock PHB options.
Alright, well you don't have to do aasimar then, but a cleric could still work out very well for your purposes, I think.
>>
>>52807354
>abjuration or dvination if you want to stay alive
>evoction if you want big boi damage
>transmutation if you want to be useful in otherways
>necromancy if you have autism
>anything else if you want to be unqiue.
>>
Whats the best software or website to make world maps on?
>>
>>52807684
>necromancy if you have autism
Explain
>>
>>52807694
I like inkarnate pretty good.
A lot of people use that one in worldbuilding threads. It's pretty easy to use, but my biggest complaint is that it's kind of a small scale.
>>
>>52807703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZlpTp_dJA
>>
>>52807711
Fuck I miss theme songs like this.
>>
Just found this on Reddit http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/H1Qdr79UCg

How do we fix it?
>>
>>52807647
interesting. What domain/spells would you suggest if you can remember them?
>>
>>52807739
>http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/H1Qdr79UCg
The first page tells me to set it ablaze.
>>
>>52807740
Depends, what kind of stand do you want to have?
I think almost any of the domains could probably be fluffed to fit it.

But if you're not wanting to play someone who does many attacks themselves, I'd probably opt for one of the more caster oriented domains. Something like life, perhaps. Would probably not pick war.
>>
File: 1479219457831.png (126KB, 352x390px) Image search: [Google]
1479219457831.png
126KB, 352x390px
>>52807739
By destroying it and it's creator
>>
>>52807759
We have to fix it not burn it, purging is easy fixing shows healing and care!
>>
>>52807788
I was thinking a standard kind of punching stand. This seems like it would just require a ton of DM apporval and oversight.
Maybe they'll have a summoner class at some point.
>>
>>52807739
Change the level 14 and 6 features, the rest isn't too crazy.
Also, please never use it in a game.
>>
>>52807818
Purging it shows care towards the rest of creation.
>>
>>52807708
oh cool. thanks!
>>
>>52807833
Maybe your stand looks just like you?
Take trickery cleric and use your channel divinity to summon a double.
You can cast spells through it, so why not cast inflict wounds, but say it punches them?
>>
>>52807906
That sounds pretty good, Thanks.
>>
My character cooked up the dragon wyrmling and the Dragonborn ate it. Have any of you done anything similar /5eg/?
>>
File: 1479486028210.gif (281KB, 512x457px) Image search: [Google]
1479486028210.gif
281KB, 512x457px
>>52807818
This sounds like some high grade bullshit and heresy
>>
>tfw your group plays every other week
help
>>
>>52806698
Man Kites
Glang Hiders
Folithropters
>>
File: 9cd.jpg (41KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
9cd.jpg
41KB, 600x437px
>>52807759
>>52807813
>>52807971
Purging shows fear of the unknown and lack of open mindedness.
>>52807836
I think changing the level 6 ability to just allowing proficiency in Constitution saving throws should be enough. The level 14 feature should probably allow them to use their Charisma Mod for damage and AC instead of the extra movement and advantage on all saves.
>>
File: theoutsiderprefview.jpg (308KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
theoutsiderprefview.jpg
308KB, 800x450px
how would you do it?
>>
>>52807979
>tfw your group plays only when they feel like it
>it's been a month

double help
>>
File: 1456197877989.png (242KB, 317x463px) Image search: [Google]
1456197877989.png
242KB, 317x463px
>>52808014
>>52807739
Why bother fixing it? Even if your DM is open to homebrew there is no way theyll take your magical girl anime homebrew
>>
>>52808020
What heck is an "Outsider" even supposed to be.
>>
>>52808045
I know that anon its not for me, it's for the creator, criticisms can help them for future homebrews.
>>
>>52808014

You do realize you aren't in /pfg/ right?

Shop your shit animu homebrew ideas over in their thread
>>
>>52807833
Warlock, Hexblade patron from the UA, pact of the blade.

It gets to use charisma for weapon attack rolls and damage with one-handed weapons, so just refluff your d8 weapon of choice as being Stand fists, plus it gets a 1/short rest curse that gives you a damage bonus and lets you crit on 19-20 for when you need to ORA one guy in particular. Its expanded spell list also gives you stuff like Shield, Magic Weapon and Elemental Weapon which all fit a Stand knocking away attacks or powering up its fists. And then pact of the blade lets you summon your weapon anywhere so you can't be disarmed, as befits a stand user.
>>
>>52808020
warlock shadow monk
>>
>>52808020
I have little to no idea of what I'm working with here.
>>52808014
Mate, I did a Paladin of Celestia without anyone noticing and I was happy.
If your homebrew blatantly shoves your [whatever media] on your party's and DM's face you shouldn't do it.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 384x384px
Hey 5eg, I was here yesterday asking for help to create cohesion in a party with two eladrin, a goblin and a half-elf.

>mfw the group breaks apart 1 hour before our third session
>>
File: 1303274133952.jpg (2MB, 1171x1331px) Image search: [Google]
1303274133952.jpg
2MB, 1171x1331px
>>52807739
woah this is absolutely retarded. don't you love how it literally gives you advantage in every saving throw, immunity to half of every condition, proficiency in constitution and advantage on death saves, while also giving you CHA to attacks and to AC? no unarmored or anything, flat +5 with whatever the fuck armor you want.

remove whoever made this from existence, i don't want to share the same atmosphere. that said i'd play it tho.
>>
>>52807979
>that feel when my group might play tonight
>I might have to skip sleep today
On one hand, please send help. On the other, it would be worth it.
>>
>>52808055
>>52808107
Outsider, from the Dishonored series. Extradimensional being that grants people powers to see what they do with them. Powers include short range teleports, telekinesis, control over wind, mind control and possession (especially of vermin), and the ability to have wounds inflicted upon one person affect a different person.

Personally, I'd do it as a more casting-type shadow monk, like >>52808091 said.
>>
>>52808141

Kill off the Goblin or reveal that's he's a different race that got permanently cursed into Goblin form until he satisfies the terms of the curse.

Or just go full fae realms and make the goblins less Pathfinder and more Shakespeare
>>
>>52808210
Sounds like a patron.
>>
>>52808141
>the group breaks apart BEFORE the session
What happened?
>>
MY CAMPAIGN STARTS IN AN HOUR AND I NEED A HISTORY FOR MY PALADIN
>>
>>52808261
you're following in your big brother's foot steps
>>
File: rejected paladin backstories.png (681KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
rejected paladin backstories.png
681KB, 1024x768px
>>52808261
>>
File: it's shit 2.jpg (246KB, 890x497px) Image search: [Google]
it's shit 2.jpg
246KB, 890x497px
>>52808261
>not making your character with the rest of the party so you have strong backgrounds that naturally bring you all together
>>
>>52808261
OATH?!
>>
>>52808261
>>52808273
Nah. You're following in your little brother's footsteps. He was a good man and a great paladin while you were just a lazy layabout.
Now he's dead and you want to step up your game.
>>
>>52808261
You joined the army but then realized that you were just a tool of the government, not a force for good. So after you left the army you took an oath to only fight for good, and not simply in the interests of the powerful.
>>
>>52808273
Do like I did and rip off Don Quixote. It doesn't even need to be an old dude, and the degree of balls-to-the-wall crazy is up to you.
>>
>>52808014
>Know something is unbalanced and magical realm garbage
>Heh you just lack an open mind

No I just know shit when I see it.
>>
>>52808314
>>52808308
These are both pretty good.

>>52808306
Ancient, but I'm considering swapping to Devotion as I prefer their Oaths.
>>
>>52808210
sounds like a psionic patron
>>
>tfw no idea which bloodline to use for a Sorcerer that doesn't know he's a Sorcerer
Every bloodline seems to have some big, huge, inescapable event that caused it. Like, there's no way it'll be a secret if you had blood poured into your mouth or a dragon fucked your mom while she was pregnant with you or some shit.
>>
>>52807703
>Necromancy if you have autism
>Explain
Not him, but I guess a better explanation is that the necromacer's "thing" is that he adds his proficiency to the damage of his undead, so if you raise tons and tons of fuck tons of skeletons, you can kill things pretty easily, or at least force your enemy to waste most of their spell slots and abilities mowing down a hundred shambling corpses.

It's just that you have to raise a bunch of dead, rest to recover spell slots, use a few to maintain the dead you have, then raise a bunch more. You can wind up with a whole horde if you hang out in a graveyard defiling the nation's families.

It's one of those "doable if you like repetitive behaviors and not playing battles yourself" kind of things.
>>
>>52808377
You were born under a certain star or cosmological event.
>>
>>52808377
>hiking in the woods the elders told you to never enter as a child
>accidentally fall in glowing pool
>>
What is the minimum dex, con and wis for a theurgy wiz (male) to be useful?
>>
>>52808390
But again, isn't that likely to be a notable event within the community? We're nowhere near as "superstitious" as people in DnD would be, but we still wish on shooting stars and shit. I feel astrology would be "big thing".

>>52808405
Again, I don't want a traceable moment, per se. If you fall into a big glowing pool and suddenly start shooting fireballs, you'd think "Must've been that big glowing magic pool".
>>
File: 1479495379794.gif (371KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1479495379794.gif
371KB, 500x375px
Has anyone here ever used a "low-civilization" setting before? How does it hold up? I'm brewing a world where real civilization is in isolated islands that surround a huge continent filled with biglargehuge things that want to kill you. I'm concerned as to whether or not it would be good to put my planned restictions in place.
I want to
>make gold almost useless as there is little and very few traders even go there
>make it so the gold that they do get needs to be spent on travel supplies as getting around this place is costly
>make it so magical items are rare and they can really only be obtained by crafting them, but I'll the in-game process will be sped up a lot
>>
>>52808443
I honestly have no idea what you mean by "Sorcerer that doesn't know he's a Sorcerer"
Could you specify?
>>
>>52808377
>get bit by a phase spider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFHi8TouPoU
>>
>>52808443
Bruh tons of kids are born every day, even in fantasy settings. Back in the day people didn't even keep track of birthdays unless you were nobility. No one's gonna know when you were born.
>>
>>52808462
Class is a Sorcerer but he's never manifested his powers or has done so in explainable ways. So as far as he knows, he's just a dude that things sometimes combust around, must just be bad luck.

>>52808479
But the character would, is my point. I don't want him to be able to say "Oh, I can do magic now? Must be because X"
>>
>>52808492
>your character remembers the day he was born
>>
I want my PCs to fight a troll (flavour wise), but they're too low level to take on a troll mechanically. What other stat block could I substitute for a weakened troll? Alternatively, what other cool swamp creature could they fight (4x lvl 2 characters)
>>
File: 1488136170452.gif (2MB, 235x150px) Image search: [Google]
1488136170452.gif
2MB, 235x150px
>>52808492
So you don't want to play the game?
>>
>>52808502
Who the fuck doesn't know their own birthday?
>>
>>52808503
http://kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder
>>
>>52808518
Alright you're clearly irreperably autistic.
>>
>>52808512
I never said he wouldn't do magic. He just wouldn't know that he can do magic until it happens.
>>
>>52808308
>you're a middle aged man who has done nothing of importance in your life
>your younger brother was a good man who traveled far and wide helping those in need and slaying evil things
>he visited from time to time and told you stories of his adventures
>until he bit off more than he could chew and was slain by a foul being
>you feel your heart stirring
>this cannot be right, you must do something
>you take his armor and have it fitted for you, you take his weapon and begin training
>you will never be the shining beacon of justice that he was
>you don't have the same fire burning in your soul that drives you
>you do not have the same instinct to do good and always give your all
>but you have to try
>for him
>>
>>52808518
Are you stupid? In a fantasy setting most people probably wouldn't even know their age beyond a rough estimate.
>>
>>52808536
A goblin is about to shank you but you instinctively shoot a fireball at him as the hidden powers within you unlock NOW LEAVE THE THREAD
>>
>>52808492
>>52808536
How's that even going to work?
You can't cast spells but roll on the wild magic table?
>>
>>52808530
That sure is a whole lot of "Oh fuck I look stupid, bett shout 'autism'" you've got there.

>>52808541
>Can talk to actual gods
>Can't make a calendar
>Can't be told "You were born on the day that X happened"
Come on now.
>>
>>52808492
We talking Kylar Stern territory here or are you trying a Random Al'Thor approach?
>>
>>52806594
>it's not more expensive to go from 18 to 20 than from 12 to 14

As much as I love D&D, this is a fair point. It's a feature I like about systems that use the same rules for chargen as for "level-up", e.g. oWoD.
>>
I want to play The Highlander. How do I do it? Lightning would be a benefit too.
>>
>>52808503
>not just having them fight(or rather encounter) a troll regardless

think of it as a situation where they encounter a strong enemy that will almost certainly kill them in a straight-up fight and not one where they 'must fight and must win' and you might make a memorable encounter for once as the players think about ways to escape or incapacitate it
>>
>>52808261
You're from a noble family in war-torn border region. You were raised to lead your family's vassals on wars against your neighbors, but you were too idealistic and swore an oath to travel the land righting wrongs and slaying evil. You left your father's castle last week...
>>
>>52808560
As joking a post as the other anon's Spiderman thing was, it does conjure the image of Peter using his web in the first movie in the cafeteria.
>>
>>52808604
Revenant Human ???. Goal is to kill all the other highlanders, has the special power to keep them dead.
>>
>>52808235
Well, during our last session the goblin and both eladrin twins had been exchanging "pleasantries" with each other, the goblin being unpleasant but not really malicious, and the eladrin being all high-and-mighty in a way that the goblin's acts really rubbed them the wrong way. They were (as expected, I guess) distrustful towards the goblin, and made some snotty comments. The goblin mocked them back, and when they met other hostile goblins he tried to pass the rest of the party as his slaves. This pissed off the eladrin, and one of them tried to slap him.

Some 20/30 minutes later, the same one who tried to slap him asked him to patch him up a bit, to which the goblin replied "if you want the heal, you gotta show me something other than steel", or some shit like that. The eladrin then went "well ok we'll take a short rest then".

Yesterday the two eladrin players made some comments in the general chat about that situation, and were generally passive-aggressive towards the goblin. Today the goblin player replied saying they were rude to his PC and... the other two just left the chat.
>>
>>52808562
Holy shit I just said they maybe could be born under a star you dense motherfucker, not that they were born under an intense hour long star storm in which flames and rainbow colored lights blasted across the sky and spelled out the words "A SORCERER BABY HAS BEEN BORN"

I fucking hate it when people in this general ask for help coming up with ideas, and then when you give them some they either take it to the extreme by taking it way beyond what you meant, or they expect you to do all the work for them and straight up spoonfeed them entire backstories.
>>
>>52808562
Those two replies weren't me.
But I meant more in terms of if there's some crazy event that goes on, perhaps it caused some lingering effects and sure that's why you have the latent powers. But the immediate effects are what people remember. Maybe a giant fucking meteor cratered a city.

But maybe you weren't born on that exact day. Maybe you were? But you don't remember that day because you were an infant. You don't know how it changed you. Still, you were born at around that time, and you were named after the comet.

Come on now, anon. Do you really want your character to never figure out why they are the way they are? If that's the case, then play in character about it. Say, "I have no fucking idea why I have these powers." Then leave it at that. The DM will either give you a mystery to solve, or more likely tell you that's dumb and to come up with a reason.
>>
>>52805180
When the paladin in our group took his Scared Oath at third level I pulled out a sword-shaped stick from my yard and had him knighted as he swore his oath.
>>
>>52808624
I also think about Harry Potter and when he accidentally lets the snake out at the zoo.
>>
>>52808604
Tempest Barbarian could work, although they didn't tend to go into a rage, unless you consider The Kurgan who would make a killer Barbarian.
>>
>>52808624
I actually wouldn't mind playing a wild magic surge "mage", but it could pisd the rest of your party off though.
>>
>>52808656
You keep deflecting for some reason and screeching because I thought astrology was a bad example. Why has this hurt you so badly?

>Holy shit I just said they maybe could be born under a star you dense motherfucker, not that they were born under an intense hour long star storm in which flames and rainbow colored lights blasted across the sky and spelled out the words "A SORCERER BABY HAS BEEN BORN"
>they either take it to the extreme by taking it way beyond what you meant
Hmm.

>>52808667
Thank you. This is something along the lines I was looking for. Bafflingly, and embarassingly enough, the concept of the magic being a lingering effect that takes hold well AFTER a big event did not occur to me. Cheers.
>>
>>52808704
How about that anon? Rip off fucking Harry Potter. Your parents were sorcerers or some shit. You've got magical blood. But you're adopted and you didn't know that. You've just hit puberty and suddenly these powers are beginning to surface and you have an embarrassing itch.
>>
>>52808724
An itch to witch?
>>
>>52808720
>Bafflingly, and embarassingly enough, the concept of the magic being a lingering effect that takes hold well AFTER a big event did not occur to me. Cheers.
Commit suicide, you autismal nigger.
>>
>>52808720
That's exactly what you were saying by implying that "being born under a star" is a noticeable and important event to any commoner.
>>
>>52808654
>"if you want the heal, you gotta show me something other than steel"
Man, that's a shame. The goblin player sounds like they were playing the part nicely.
Especially since it sounds he wasn't actively being malicous towards the other characters.
>>
File: roland and oliver.gif (89KB, 922x1492px) Image search: [Google]
roland and oliver.gif
89KB, 922x1492px
>>52805335
100% this
>>
>>52808743
Lord, me not liking your silly astrology thing really struck a nerve, huh?

By the way, you said "or comsological event". I know you're dropping that from your posts because it makes you look silly, but don't be disingenuous, bud.

>>52808741
I'll assume you're the one I mocked about the existence of calendars/not knowing their own birthday. Calm down.
>>
Can you guys fucking stop going autistic for at least one goddamn thread.
>>
File: autism meter.gif (126KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
autism meter.gif
126KB, 728x426px
>>52808805
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>52808825
5eg, which has been a place of sane discussion and lacked screeching fucktards.
>>
>>52808744
Yeah he wasn't malicious, just generally nasty in a way that vaguely reminded me of Gollum, but it was funny. A shame they couldn't see eye to eye.
>>
What can I do, if my players in ecosystem that unlimitely produce monsters refused to even think about turning back or follow to the source. They are tried to do short rest 4 times in the dungeon at the exact same place - without much success. One of them is wizard with Leomund Tiny Hut in spellbook. And all of them know it and even used it before in previous adventures. But not this time. They already lost some valuable resources and most of the spellslots. And I do not intend to create some Deus Ex Machina to save them.
Is my situation hopeless?
>>
>>52808841
It's what happens when pfg starts bleeding over, may the gods help us all.
>>
>>52808851
Player's actions have consequences, make that abundantly clear.
>>
>>52808864
It's fucking atrocious is what it is.
>>
>>52808893
This. It's a shame when players make really poor decisions.

That being said, make sure you as a DM have been giving out good information so they can make well informed choices. I know some DMs take up a style of very minimal information unless players specifically ask for it.

Critical information should always be given, helpful information should be a bonus given for clever thinking or good rolls.
>>
>>52808943
I had a DM that would give us next to no information and punish us for our "mistakes"
>>
>>52808851
Swing to the other side.
Diabolus Ex Machina!
Scare them the fuck away with something that either will rout them or kill them relatively quickly. Or a literal Devil can bargain with them.
>>
>>52808851
It can't hurt to describe to them a feeling that will convey hopelessness if they simply refuse to turn back.
There's no shame in coaching players a little bit out of their stupid decision making. Perhaps they fail this quest and have it lead to consequences that further the story.

If they absolutely refuse to turn back and think that they're immortal, TPK them and don't look back. Talk through expectations for the next game and have them roll new characters.
>>
>>52808995
Yeah, this is definitely an issue that a lot of inexperienced DMs put forth. It's kind of frustrating.

I tell my players to be as inquisitive as possible. Even if they don't think their character would necessarily check something out. If something should be plainly visible for everyone to see, then I want to be able to describe it to them.

For example, say the players are facing a door puzzle. I haven't said anything about the structure they're trying to get into besides the door because as a DM that's what I'm focusing on. But one player might ask, "are there windows?" And then I think "oh... yes there are actually, but they're quite high up." Then the player uses their potion of flying to reach the window and secures a rope in order to bypass the door puzzle. Which I'm completely okay with! Things like that.

A lot of players get stuck in this "white room" scenario where they believe anything that hasn't been described doesn't exist. And, while that's true to an extent (it doesn't exist until the DM confirms it does), a player is free to ask if it's there especially if it would make logical sense.
>>
>>52809083
True it's all about cooperation between player and DM. No one's gonna have fun unless you throw the ball back and forth.
>>
Why did Wizards give Goodman Games give the rights to convert classic adventures? Goodman Games are shit.
>>
>>52805359
I played one was an old Folk Hero. He was the chosen of his people and all of that crap but it turns out "faith" wasn't enough to defeat a Lich with no training. All he did was piss him off enough to slaughter his village in revenge.

Now he was a Mercenary who was mostly just self-loathing because he failed his quest. Believed all those who were dead he had failed.

Eventually he re-atoned and became a Devotion Paladin again.
>>
If someone were to strike down an angel, does it go back to it's plane or just dies?
>>
>>52805479
>break oath
>suddenly you empower all the undead and fiends
>but you're not evil

Oathbreaker's name is misleading. Oathbreakers are 'No-oath antipaladins', not 'oathbreakers'.
>>
File: KURGAN.jpg (141KB, 550x833px) Image search: [Google]
KURGAN.jpg
141KB, 550x833px
>You're accompanying an old man between villages, suddenly pic related leaps from a tree, slices his head off and declares "There can be only one!" as the whole party takes 5d6 lightning damage.

What do?
>>
>>52809241
roll initiative, probably
>>
File: 1466545251138.gif (709KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1466545251138.gif
709KB, 300x168px
>>52809241
>Rage
>>
>>52808995
They can turn back. They can just cast LTH and rest for an hour - none of the monsters that produced in dungeon can dispel it.
One of them even had a thoughts about lifecycle of the dungeon, but others insisted on short rest attempts. I couldn't simply yell to them: "Yeah, thats right, listen to him".
>>52809023
>Perhaps they fail this quest and have it lead to consequences that further the story
Exactly. This dungeon isn't even so important for the game.

>If they absolutely refuse to turn back and think that they're immortal
Looks like that, but in the past (up to the 7th level) they weren't so careless.
>>
>>52809241
Grapple, shove prone, disarm, beat the crap out of him.
>>
>want to roll a female character because I'm a closeted fag.

>don't want the 5 guys I'm playing with to think I'm weird (I am.)

Dysphoria a shit.
>>
File: JDI.jpg (34KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
JDI.jpg
34KB, 630x630px
>>52809308
>>
>>52809241
dust myself off if I'm still alive, apologize and keep walking
>>
>>52809308
Do, when they ask look them in the eye and explain how you've always wanted to be the girl and not to worry that you won't flirt with them and make them uncomfortable.

You know be an adult
>>
>>52809308
Just stop being a fag because you went to /d/ once for fuck sake. All this made up shit for no reason.
>>
File: tmp_2753-a25854807007.png (542KB, 680x570px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2753-a25854807007.png
542KB, 680x570px
>>52809326
Thanks famrade.
>>
>>52809308
If you have a single friend in the group come out to them. Trust me your friend won't give a shit.
>>
>>52809241
... Disintegrate?
>>
>>52809356
It's a game of pretend, saying "I wanna try X" will not mark you as a fag.
>>
>>52809372
As the "friend" that's been on the receiving end of this. We do give a shit. We don't like it. Stop burdening us with your fucking faggotry.
>>
>>52809308
>play females sometimes but fine with it because some other guy does too
>other guy comes out as gay
Hope I'm not gay too
>>
>>52809399
Too late, you're double-gay.
>>
>>52809353
/d/ is too lewd. And it isn't like transgender is a new concept. There were m2f priests of diana/artemis in Greece and Rome, trans warriors and shaman in many native American cultures.

But this ain't the place, so sorry for invading your safe space.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-29-21h07m06s252.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-29-21h07m06s252.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52809338
>>
>>52809392
If you say "friend" then were you actually his friend? Also most of the time you feel like people have a right to know it, telling some people you are but not others feels wrong.
>>
>>52809409
>faggot thinks he can shame me by saying "YOU'RE JUST LIKE DA SJWS"
Gas yourself.

>>52809427
Yes, I was. Then he started being a massive faggot and I didn't want to be friends with a faggot.
>>
File: 1492719304151.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492719304151.gif
1MB, 257x200px
>>52809392
>best friend comes out as gay, think nothing of it
>he moves into a new apartment with his Judo friend
>suddenly starts acting like a degenerate and inviting random guys over to fuck him and his friend, casually drops that he got fucked a few hours prior to us talking, ect
>Stopped hanging out with any of his old friend, just fucks his judo buddy and random strangers
>Kills himself six months later

mfw
>>
>>52809446

>he thinks he can prove me wrong with facts

Kek
>>
>>52809446
>Then he started being a massive faggot and I didn't want to be friends with a faggot.

I can only imagine the sort of folk you are. I mean I've got a lot of religious friends who hate the fact I'm gay but when it comes down to it I'm not sucking dick in front of them or something, doesn't matter.

If he turned into one of those "Super fag" fags then I can understand though.
>>
>>52809472
If you're gonna claim facts do you have some links there my penis loving friend?
>>
>>52809496
>>52809472
I no longer understand anything here.
>>
>>52809472
What? I was mocking your use of "safe space" not denying the existence of faggots throughout history. Faggots existing a long time ago doesn't change the fact that most of you faggots these days are just taking memes too seriously. I saw it happen with "I want to be the little girl", I saw it happen with "cuck" and I saw it happen with "traps aren't gay".

Being a faggot isn't new. Only the means of becoming a faggot.

>>52809486
Yes, yes, everyone who hates disease-ridden child molesters is borderline unimaginable. Every time you react this way to people not liking you and your faggotry, you only prove us right.
>>
>>52809511
Here's your (You)

Everyone else stop responding to the obvious bait
>>
This isn't pfg, you fucks. Go fuck up that other thread.
>>
>>52809511
Beat me for being a filthy pedo daddy.
>>
>>52809524
Ah yes, because nobody could sincerely hate you and your ilk. Keep proving me right.

This very conversation proves me right, since you faggots managed to drag your faggotry into a fucking DnD thread for no reason.
>>
>>52809496

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit
>>
I'm looking to make a bard and belatedly getting the message that a lot of the variety in 5e comes from multiclassing. Is that something necessary, or just when you want to get gimmicky/tricky? How do you synergize with a bard? Do you?
>>
>>52809554
Well, what kind of concept do you have in mind for your character?
>>
>>52809542
Ackshually you did.
He was happy with a yes.
Two of them. Then you said you didn't like it and made it an argument.

Now, on the spirit of our friends faggot and moonman, Anyone here has adapten something from THE BOOK OF VILE DARKNESS™?
>>
>>52809554
Bards in 5e, in my opinion, are one of the few classes that have the most variety due to being good in combat with spells, ok with weapons and great out of combat with social encounters.
>>
>>52809593
>YOU GAVE THE WRONG OPINION
Keep digging, faggot.
>>
>>52809610
OwO why's daddy mad?
>>
Could a spell like crown of madness or confusion cause a paladin to fall?
>>
>>52809639
no.
>>
File: Outdated EVIL.png (60KB, 330x418px) Image search: [Google]
Outdated EVIL.png
60KB, 330x418px
>>52809610
Do you have evil stuff or not?
>>52809639
No.
At least not by outdated sources, but I don't have anything for 5e saying yes.
>>
>ywn be a cute halfling girl (male) leaving her sleepy little hamlet in search of fat dwarf dicks.

Why even roll for initiative
>>
>>52809700
Well at least I'm playing a young Gnoll who had to leave his tribe because of all the female on male rape. He can't stand to have sex with woman anymore.
>>
>>52809724
How deep into the homebrewhole are you/your campaign?
>>
>>52809656
>>52809694
Okay, thanks.
My paladin had a cursed item put on him by an enemy and it makes him become confused when he takes damage
>>
File: 1452418017919.jpg (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452418017919.jpg
99KB, 600x800px
>>52809573
Oh, you want information. Crud.

I mentioned in a previous thread a buddy and I are making twin PCs for a game. Princes of the Apocalypse, which I've been told involves the temple of elemental evil, and know literally nothing else about. I think she'll be a dragonborn paladin; polearm mastery and maybe oath of the ancients?

I'm thinking of a slightly less imposing and martial brother. I rolled pretty short/light for height/weight, and strength seems like a shitty stat anyway, so dex-based and maybe a dash of dueling nobility flavor. (Though I like spears, and there seems to be no mechanical reason not to grab a shield?)
She's going to deny area and PROTECT, he's going to, I guess, take advantage of that, set her up for reaction attacks with spells, and maybe be a more(?) flamboyant, worldly foil to knight-sis. Possibly they'll even get all creepy and overly affectionate of each other, we're still hashing out the intended relationship as we're deciding on builds, and I'm pretty clueless with 5e so it's taking me some iterating.

I was briefly looking at seeing if I could fit stealth and sleigh-of-hand into my skills list and be an off-rogue or also-rogue, but 4-5 skills just isn't at all enough. I'm assuming I need every charisma skill except *maybe* intimidate because 'bard', and then should grab insight or investigate for maximum social- but again, I don't have a feel for how vital or carved-in-stone some of these skill's purviews are.

In pathfinder, I imagine we could gimmick the fuck out of teamwork feats or something, but I am really not feeling/not certain on how much of that sort of crunch is available in 5e.

I think we're considering red/silver/blue/green as potential colors/elements, but I'm not sure if that's relevant or even that restrictive.
>>
>>52809639
Paladins don't fall any more. Obviously they have their oaths and if they don't keep them then they ostensibly become an oathbreaker, but the oaths are worded vaguely enough that, short of doing obviously evil things for no reason, there's no real way to break them as long as you're following whatever quest the DM is setting and that quest is generally good.

The game, or at least any pretensions of you playing the character you actually built, would break down long before the oath did.
>>
>>52809761
Oh, and I'm looking at 10/14/13/10/12/16 or 12/10/16.
>>
>no hearth or home domain in 5e

Fug
>>
5eg, is it worth trying to reskin 5e to a lower-powered fantasy type of setting?

I know 5e pretty well, but I haven't attempted such a conversion yet, and I want to run something pretty.. I dunno.. humble. I don't want a world-saving adventure with mighty heroes for once. I'm looking for regular folks rising to the occasion for local stakes and small victories.

If so, any tips on how to go about it?
>>
>>52809801
Low level and low xp enemies?
>>
>>52805180
>brother is playing dnd and invites me to his first game
>we get one free feat or companion
>bring a half orc fighter with mounted combatant
>back story is that I was raised in a hob goblin settlement and I used to be a cavalryman in their army
>intend to be a purple dragon knight and make charisma my highest stat
>see my party members
>"dragon knight"
>has a "baby dragon
how big is it
>about the size of a mule
ffs
>"Soulbreaker" (pic related)
>ranger
>thank god theres someone else with a non homebrew class
>ranger complains she is underpowered
>don't worry you'll get you're direwolf pet at level 3
>every single aspect of my character becomes useless
>we get railroaded so hard that it takes me 6 months of playing to stop off at a town that has horses as if thats possible
>the DM said he was railroading us because we didn't want to do his story quest 1 sesson and wanted time to develop our characters.
>>
>>52809735
We use a reskined Bugbear as Gnolls and give them animal handling instead of stealth and Rampage instead of the Ambush ability.
>>
>>52809833
Path of the Consular
The Consular is a master of the Core. They forego the
physical training with the Energy Blade to become one with
the Core, focusing more on their mind and their attunement
with the universe.
Improved Mind Trick
As a Consular your ability to manipulate the mind has grown.
When performing the Soulbreaker Mind Trick you gain an
additional +10 to your persuasion/intimidation rolls, making
it all the more easier to control someone impeding your path
forward.

please someone explain to me how +10 flat persuasion is okay at level 3?

what happens if realistically speaking the player gets 16 charisma and his proficancy reaches +4?
thats 17 without even rolling.
>>
>>52809801
>>52809813
As long as you keep it low level and maybe restrict magic classes and subclasses, 5e does that all well enough.

You could use milestone levelling rather than handing out xp to maintain a lower level, perhaps capping at five or seven. I will say that it might get a little samey for your players after a while, if they're playing low level martials for session after session.
>>
>>52809735

We're 5th level and fought something with an of AC26 last session.
>>
>>52809919
my brain just broke
>>
>>52809930

Sorry, I meant "an AC of 26 last session".
>>
What can I do with the following stats?
STR 26, DEX 25, CON 29, INT 26, WIS 24, CHA 30.
>>
>>52809955
Powerful demon lord maybe?
>>
>>52809952
i didn't even notice the typo. brain still broken
>>
>>52809952
for some reason I read it as CR.
I was honestly think you guys had to be 8 years old or something.
>>
>>52809919
Ay. What?
Was it a giant adamantinecan of spam or was it also dangerous?
>>52809955
Paladin, but you'll need to boost that STR.
>>
>>52809966

This doesn't count the mutant ogre we fought that had fast healing 50, and the skeletons immune to piercing damage.

It's a lot of homebrew. All the monsters are homebrew.
>>
>>52809235
>No-oath antipaladin
But that's Treachery. Hell, they're literally refered to as Blackguards.
>>
>>52809992
Pretty sure paladins that break their oath simply lose their paladin powers, but actively embracing evil, turning to necromancy, etc when you do so makes you an Oathbreaker
>>
>>52810013
I think that's the difference between forsaking your oath and laying your gauntlet down and deciding that burning the forest is the best idea.
>>
File: Homebrewing.png (656KB, 425x653px) Image search: [Google]
Homebrewing.png
656KB, 425x653px
>>52809991
>pic related
>>
File: what the fuck am i reading 1.jpg (138KB, 1268x709px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am i reading 1.jpg
138KB, 1268x709px
>>52809833
>Soulbreaker
>>
>>52809990

It was a spectral armor of some sort. It was fast, flying, and sturdy, so its AC was sky-high, it could phase outright, was immune to non-readied actions (phasing) and it two attacks at +8 that dealt 2d6+12 damage + hold person cast + movement each round.

It thankfully didn't have much health, and it was alone. It died just after paralyzing the caster and phasing over to him.
>>
File: 1449978220202.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1449978220202.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>52810071
>Core Push/Pull
Any target with a 15ftx15ft range must make a Core saving
throw.
If the targets fail they are pushed back 5 feet and are
prone or pulled 5 feet towards the Soulbreaker. If they pass
they are still pulled or pushed but are no longer prone. This
increases to pushing/pulling to 10 feet upon reaching 9th
level.

>THEY GET THIS AT LEVEL ONE
>>
File: 1462636165163.jpg (77KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
1462636165163.jpg
77KB, 680x454px
>>52810129
>level 1 Soulbreaker can levitate a mountain for 1 minute with a DC 20 check
>>
>>52809793
Given Hestia just has Life, I think that's the intention.

You could also make a case for Protection as well.
>>
>be neutral good rogue
>was a smuggler that helped smuggle weapons into tyrannical kingdoms to help rebellions
>no one trusts my character because he's a rogue
>saved my party mates a few times
>get detect good cast on me by Cleric and found to be good
>they still don't trust me
>>
>>52809965
>>52809990
Thanks dudes, I might try something else with the stats though.

Is added Str actually needed? Possibly increase to 28?
>>
File: 1462647223596.jpg (95KB, 797x719px) Image search: [Google]
1462647223596.jpg
95KB, 797x719px
>>52809833
This is like the most raw form of dex faggotry I've ever seen.
>>
>>52809833
Holy this this class is cancer
>Description is literally mary sue type shit
>Wisdom AND dexterity saving throws
>Core this, core that
>core
>Core?
>COOORE
>This class can use dexterity to attack and for damage... BUT ONLY WHILE HOLDING A RAPIER
>By holding a rapier, you now cast spells with dexterity???
>Extra attack (2) on a class that isn't fighter
>Must make a core saving throw
>Even if they succeed they're pushed
>The soulbreaker has to beat a DC, but we forgot to tell you what you're rolling, also this DC is in a hopelessly arbitrary 'heavy objects' measure
>While holding this, you gain scaling damage on all hits, also you have to make a save that eventually you'll always pass each round or it fucks off and then you just summon it again because lol
>They can now gain +5 to persuasion and shit which means they can completely override common logic and make enemies attack their friends and shit cool right?
>They get deflect arrows except it reduces all damage to 0 by beating a flat check 15
>You get dodge, except you ignore the 'dodge doesn't work on unseen attackers'... I mean, sure?
>You must make a DC 15 check to use this ability, negating cantrips and reducing spell damage, like, uhh, an oath of ancients guy
>Separate ability check, not save throw?
>Regardless of if it's a critical miss or not
>You can 'sense danger within 60ft'. What the fuck even does this mean? Is it danger sense like barbarian? Or what the fuck?

I have cancer now
>>
File: no one can stop the attack.jpg (14KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
no one can stop the attack.jpg
14KB, 640x480px
>>52809460
>best friend completely changes and starts acting out, making incredibly obvious cries for help
>what a faggot
>oh he's dead oops oh well
>>
File: 1454558160650.gif (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454558160650.gif
41KB, 600x450px
>>52809833
>we get railroaded

Does anyone have actual examples of getting railroaded? Like the second it seems like my DM makes up some bullshit to force us off our intended path we would call him out on it. What exactly have you guys seen your DM do that you didn't immediately call it out?
>>
>>52810390
I recall a moment where there was a special sword laying at the feet of an obvious "boss". Room is designed to funnel the players towards this boss. Except the wizard casts mage hand. Watching the DM go "N-no, it's a really BIG sword" and then having PHB weapon weights pointed out and then go "N-no, you can't because it's uhhh it's magic! So mage hand doesn't work!" all to force the boss interaction/not allow the player to get an OP weapon.
>>
>>52809833
Is your GM 12 by any chance? Please tell me an adult did not write this class.
>>
>>52809801

You could try to run it in E6 or E8, similar to how 3.5 games were run. Hit Dice and Proficiency Bonus stop going up past level 6/8, but players still get their class features. Maybe restrict or adjust ASI, spells per day and spell levels.
>>
>>52806376
>bring back skill points

3eaboo pls go

Also stop calling them "characteristics" its obnoxious
>>
>>52810365
We constantly tried to invite him to things but he was just not into it at all.
>>
>>52809833
Why did he bother to call everything "core" and "soulbreaker" and shit when he just left padawan exactly the same?
>>
>>52809308
>tfw me and the other guy who plays a girl in the party are the only two who have girlfriends

There's two types of people who play female characters
A) People who are comfortable with their sexuality and don't do weird things
B) People who use being a female character to flirt with male NPCs, basically the last part of A.

Being a female literally never comes up if you as a player don't make it so. Although it probably helps my character is a complete scumbag.
>>
>>52810600
Because he's an edgy 12-year-old, most likely
>>
>>52809833
That DM needs to have his stuff broken.
>>
Can you cast if you have a shield in one hand and a spear in the other?

What is 'reasonable' damage out put and durability for 1st, 5th and 10th levels?
>>
>>52810608
>be male
>play female character
>play them like you would any other male that doesn't hit on everything that moves or talk about their gender
It's pretty fucking easy.
>>
New thread
>>52810674
>>52810674
>>52810674
>>
>>52810680
It depends on your class and what your spellcasting focus is as a result. A Cleric could do it.
>>
>>52810390
>changling escapes at night without a roll to catch him before he escapes
>oh no problem we'll just send the ranger she has crazy high wisom, has a dire wolf to ride so not only can she catch up to someone who escaped on foot but can sniff him out and look for tracks as forest is her terrain and huminoids are her prefered pray
>you can't sniff him out he's changed his sent
>next session we have to fight him again
>haha guess you should have killed him

>have a 3 day time limit to travel somewhere that is a 5 day walk away
>team is like wtf then it's game over right?
>wizard offers to teleport us if we do a quest for him
we don't need to teleport just rent a horse and ride there a marching speed for 8 hours a day. on top of that you can gallop on your horse for an hour giving us 2x speed instead of 1.5x. this means we can cover 90ft instead of 30 and after a rest we can even travel at 120ft or an hour.
>no you cant rent horses
>getting pissed that every goes as he says
>fuck it we buy horses then
>THERE ARE NO HORSES IN THIS CITY

>city
>no horses
>give up and do his shit quest
>it takes the whole session

>dmpc takes us into a pocket dimention
>he explains to us that it isn't a pocket dimention but actuall a portal to his home continant which is based off of arabia
>FUCKING YES THAT SOUNDS AWESOME LETS EXPLORE THIS SHIT FUCK THE QUEST WE HAVE
>sorry you can't I would need to leave my rug (the item that creates the portal) and I'm very attached to it
>lol okay fuck you then we will go on our own our ranger has desert as one of her favoured terrains
>no you can't this area is magically unstable thats why I hid my hut here
>start thinking of lawrence of arabia and get inspired
>how far is it to the next town?
>400 miles
>that 9 days we can take our chances
>no these lands have armies the size of oceans and kill foreigners on sight
>go back to quest to find legendary items for some guy
>>
>>52810889
>we can even travel at 120ft or an hour.
>on horses
This doesn't seem right
>>
>>52810889
Everytime i read these stories as a DM, it makes me wonder what would happen if I DM'd for your group.

Cuz in these BAD DM greentext stories it always seems like the players are super engaged and open to everything and it's awesome, and BAD DM ruins the day.

My players are pretty cool and I love them, but they're rarely SUPER HYPED for anything. I scared the shit out of them multiple times in Curse of Strahd, but most of the groups I play with aren't ... excited, I guess?

Surely I could be a bettere DM, but everytime I ask for feedback everyone's saying they had a great time. And we had, it's a fun session, lot of laughs most of the time. But I'm probably doing something wrong and can't count on them to tell me.
>>
/5eg/ I need some pointers because I'm about to do something really fucking stupid; I'm making a heal-centric warlock.
Now before anyone starts screeching, yes, I know it's dumb and so far from "optimal" it's unquestionably not worth it. But for various reasons, I have found myself in this particular situation.
The character concept I'm working with is that the character has forged a pact with a foreign god of science (so either Archfey or GoO patron). Obviously, the Healer feat is at the top of my list of Things to Get, but I'm not sure where to go from here.
tl;dr the challenge is this; using ONLY the PHB and no multiclassing (Feats are fine), what are the best healing options a Warlock can take?
>inb4 committing suicide and rolling a not-retarded character concept
>>
>>52811519

buddy get in there

>>52810674
>>
>>52809833
what the fuck is a core.
>>
>>52808351
Probably too late for this, but this is one I've brought up to somebody before- you're the vanguard of a secretive abbey of monks, they went on a pilgrimage to (somewhere) and never came back. You dutifully guarded the abbey until it basically collapsed and you nearly starved to death, but found your way back to society.
>>
>>52811519
First thing to do is probably a talk with your DM about how healing potions are provided in the setting. That's gonna be how you do the most healing. If there is no way for you to make them that doesn't take 50 gp and 10 days at a time you are good.

Make sure you buy your healer's kit and all that. Proficiency in medicine. Flavor the Hermit as a wandering healer. And maybe ask the DM if he will use the injury table in the DMG to make you very useful.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.