[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anime pollute the roleplaying community?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 36

File: 1479712290548.jpg (5KB, 196x196px) Image search: [Google]
1479712290548.jpg
5KB, 196x196px
Did anime pollute the roleplaying community?
>>
>>52801936
Personally, I believe the anime did somewhat pollute the roleplaying community, similar to how video games and popular media has. Sometimes, people get inspiration from said things and make get characters or settings from what they've seen, even if most of the time it's done badly. Other times, they just copy and paste the damn character and setting, not caring if it doesn't work.
>>
>>52801936
Only in the sense that TSR originally "polluted" the roleplaying community, but since you were born into the preexisting environment, you see it as normal and the recent change as abnormal.
>>
>>52801936
I only witness this pollution on 4chan, not in real life.
>>
Anime ain't jump anybody on foggy moors and turn them, they fall because they sucked in the first place.
>>
No. You did.
>>
>>52801936
It's a feedback loop.

A lot of Anime took influence from Western Media, which in turn influenced Western Media and rinse and repeat. And that's not taking into account the number of Light Novels and the like that received anime adaptations that were influenced by the authors RPG group (Record of Lodoss War, Log Horizon and Overlord to name a few).
>>
File: 1463560387292.jpg (188KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1463560387292.jpg
188KB, 726x1024px
>>52802023
This.

Whenever you're thinking "[medium] has gotten a lot worse since I joined it!", be aware that 99.9% of the time you are objectively being your grandma telling you that video games promote Satanism.
>>
Yes, in a rollplaying aspect because lazy people or people with shit imagination will copy-paste a character and instead of generating a personality and playing that they do a sub-par job of roleplaying an already established character.
>on a side note, anime protags are usually chaotic good/neutral which is another contributing factor to shit players.
>>
REALITY CHECK

THE ROLEPLAYING COMMUNITY POLLUTED THE ROLEPLAYING COMMUNITY
>>
File: get the fuck out.png (119KB, 348x364px) Image search: [Google]
get the fuck out.png
119KB, 348x364px
>>52801936
Anime created growth and a new audience within the role playing community.

It brought us many beloved games like Teenager From Outer Space. And many people got brought in by the likes of Maid RPG and Big Eyes Small Mouth.

And Japanese RPGs are often very anime influenced but bring in their own special design philosophies that many like.

And additionally anime, like all pop culture fandoms, is a big part of the free form roleplaying community. And naturally people often move from that into table top. And the new blood is more than worth the occasional shitty Naruto homebrew that comes about because of it. I'd bet real money your first homebrews were shitty too.

Though "anime" happened to RPGs back in the 90's and early 2000s. It's old news. So it's very weird to be complaining about it NOW.
>>
>>52802298
I think it's probably closer to your dad telling you that genre fiction is for babies and asking you why you don't read more detective novels like he did your age. Same medium, but the genres and flavors change overtime and everyone views whatever was current in their time as the "baseline" from which deviation is deterioration.
>>
>>52802300
>Implying that character rip-offs are limited to anime.
>>
>>52802300
That's fiction in general. I've seen the same with people copying characters from fantasy novels, fucking Star Trek, action movies, CW dramas, etc.
>>
>>52802343
I'm saying the anime ones promote shit playing because of the general nature of an anime protagonist compared to someone like Wander from wander over yonder.
>>
>>52801936
The anime was always within you, anon.
>>
>>52801936
Pissing in an ocean of piss hardly counts as pollution.
>>
>>52801936
being a newfag both on this board and in TRPG (started about 1.5/2 years ago) I usually see anime-oriented RPG existing because there is a demand for it.
However I fail to see what bad influences it could have had outside of the occasional player making a character like his waifu/husbando from time to time. We're here to have fun, no ?
>>
I'd make the point that anime isn't a genre and further that speaking for myself I see a bit of video gaminess in the games that I run, and of the sort that is influenced by the games I played in the 80's-90's which were predominantly from Japan so there is that connection too.

>>52802243
This too.
>>
>>52802300
People just did that with Legolas and Gimli beforehand, or Luke and Han.
>>
>>52801936
No, no, no, no, no, Marty. The weebs are just fine. It's the furries, Marty. Something gotta be done about the furries!
>>
File: 1491083511823.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491083511823.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>52801936
Imagine a D&D party made up of anime stereotypes
>Fighter (Edgy, Guts-like character who is kind of a loner but learns to love the misfits he calls his companions)
>Rogue (Kind, motherly maid who also happens to be a ninja)
>Cleric (Plucky, teenage "chosen one" of his village. Acts like your average shonen protagonist, including being HOTBLOODED and PASSIONATE)
>Wizard (Arrogant loli genius who just wants to get her research done and doesn't stick with the party because she likes them or anything, b-baka!)
Tell me with a straight face that this doesn't sound like a fun party, I dare you!
>>
>>52802872
Depends on which group I'm running for.
>>
>>52802872
The Wizard sounds like a huge pain in the ass, but otherwise quite fun.
>>
>>52802872
Or watch Record of Lodoss War
>>
File: [wiggling intensifies].gif (329KB, 140x160px) Image search: [Google]
[wiggling intensifies].gif
329KB, 140x160px
>>52802969
>when the elf isn't interested in the paladin romantically but is just pretending so she can take his magical sword when he dies
>>
>>52802090
>I only witness this pollution on 4chan, not in real life.
Someday when you're old enough to go to college, or outside in general, you'll see differently. Weebs literally wear their obsession on their sleeves, and pretty much any public gathering (conventions, malls, etc.) is almost guaranteed to have a handful of them waving their obnoxious anime banners proudly.

Our very own /pfg/ is a stellar example of how the hobby gets tainted by anime, because despite many of the official beast races being entirely animalistic, the weebs can't help but contort them into shitty cosplaying moeblobs that are just lolis with fox/cat ears, taken from the most obscure third-party supplements made by others who can't restrain themselves from inserting their obsession into tabletop.
>>
>>52803018
If anything, Pathfinder is made BETTER by anime moeblobs.
>>
>>52803018
Conventions surely shouldn't count, they're where obsessions go to flaunt themselves.
>>
40 years ago obese men gathered together to pretend to be homoerotic, half-naked Frank Frazetta barbarians and went home and jerked it to Heavy Metal Magazine illustrations of big tittied Elf queens

Nowadays obese men gather to pretend to be homoerotic catboi trap barbarians and go home to jerk it to Comic Unreal illustrations of big tittied Elf queens (male)

I'm not sure at what point the hobby was 'polluted'
>>
File: IMG_2978.jpg (73KB, 634x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2978.jpg
73KB, 634x419px
I'm running a campaign set in early magical Japan. It's based off the premise of natural deities vs humans, sort of like Princess Mononoke. I'm not running much of the oriental adventure bullshit either.

I don't think anime influenced my initial decision to create the setting in Japan, however I may borrow a couple plot hooks from an anime.

All in all, >>52802243 is most right
>>
>>52803139
If anything, anime has made hobbyists more accepting of both Asian people and gays.
>>
>>52803139
Excuse me, homoerotic Frank Frazetta catboy barbarians are clearly superior.
>>
>>52802872
Replace rogue with "douchebag with a heart of gold" and all instances of loli with "old man" and you've got a typical American group
>>
>>52801936
Whiny ass millennials polluted the community with hhheeeerrrr-muh-story and duuuuuurrr-my-player-buy-in-mandatory
>>
>>52803139

Elves with big tits were a mistake anyway.
>>
>>52803018
>Someday when you're old enough to go to college, or outside in general, you'll see differently
Damn, I graduated uni without seeing a single weeb. I'm pretty disappointed now.
>>
>>52801936
Yes
>>
>>52801936
"Badwrongfun" retardation polluted the roleplaying community.
>>
>>52803391
>Whiny ass millennials
t. guy born in 1989
>>
>>52803316
No, just make fighter 'chosen one,' cleric 'motherly type,' and rogue 'edgy' and you're good.
and loli to old man
>>
>>52804337
80s kids are still millenials.
>>
>>52802872
>Implying an edgy loner fighter is at all a good character to play with
>Wanting a literal shonen protagonist in the same group as you
>Even being okay with playing with a "loli" character
I was gonna say I didn't think anime had polluted the hobby, but reading this I can see where so many bad D&D characters spring from. Sounds like a horrible party.
>>
>>52805456
thats_the_joke.jpg
>>
>>52801936
It is inevitable that different mediums with overlapping fan bases are going to influence each other. It is also inevitable that any medium owned by a company will also be influenced by outside factors as said company attempts to increase its own consumer base.

I don't know if I'd use the word pollute, but where I see the biggest divergence between what the community was and what it is now, is online. Largely the current players in the area I live in have the same mind set as ones I have played with in the past, so I think there is a geographic factor as well. Whereas the internet has no geographical boundaries so it is essential a clusterfuck of opinions and it just seems that the community has drastically changed.
>>
>>52805704
Sadly I have to agree, as someone born in the very early eighties I'm an outlier, but still considered a millennial. Luckily for me the everyone gets a trophy mentality hadn't kicked until I was getting into the workforce.
>>
>>52801936
Not to pollute, pollinate.
>>
>>52803164
Odd as this suggestion may seem, look to the Soulsborne games for inspiration.
They're a very distinctly Nippon attempt at western fantasy, but that's still a window into pre/non-anime Nip fantasy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZiAi9LDIs
>>
>>52805634
1. If the player in question is actually interested in playing a faux-Guts from the Golden Age arc, it's not at all bad. He actually grows to love his bros.
2. Nothing wrong with shonen protagonists, at least roleplay wise. They don't really ruin the flow unless their behavior really clashes with the tone of the campaign.
3. ....Alright, you're right here. Ravioli ravioli and all that jazz.
>>
Things were better when we all played old wise wizards, noble human fighters, haughty elves, and drunker dwarves :^)
>>
File: anakin.jpg (10KB, 341x339px) Image search: [Google]
anakin.jpg
10KB, 341x339px
>>52807565
>m-muh anime is sophisticated
>>
>>52802298
Genetic fallacy.
>>
>>52807590
My point is players have always been unoriginal.
>>
>>52803089
...because there's nothing there in the first place so anything that adds a little but of colour, even If that colour happens to be shit-brown- counts as an improvement.
>>
>>52807590
That's not what he is saying..
>>
>>52803018
I always appreciate the irony of someone unironically using "weeb" as a derogatory term.
>>
>>52801936
Yes

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/H1Qdr79UCg
>>
File: 1474251066631.jpg (34KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
1474251066631.jpg
34KB, 500x598px
>>52801936
No, uncreative teenagers ripping off bad anime did.

I don't think anyone here would complain about someone using, say, Berserk as inspiration for a fantasy character or campaign as long as they did it well and it wasn't a one-to-one copy.

On the flip side someone watching a shitty anime like, say, Youjo Senki, and then deciding "you know what my next Only War game needs? Tanya Degurechaff with the serial numbers filed off" is pretty much universally bad.

But that's just my two cents. This shit applies to all forms of fiction. Someone literally making Daenerys Targaryen with a quick name change is just as bad.
>>
>>52808084
Yeah, everyone knows you're only allowed to make your character a copy of Conan, Elric, Aragorn, Legolas or Gimli. Anything else would be faggy, gay, weeb or possibly a combination of the three.
>>
>>52802367
That is an effective image.
>>
>>52802872
Are we playing ironically?
>>
>>52808319
>When you're rolling really well against the enemy but the DM loudly shouts [CLANG] whenever you do damage
>>
>52808117
>herp derp: the post
>>
>>52802872
If the fighter is asian, the rogue is a trap, the cleric is a raccoon and the wizard is a bear then you've just described my GURPS party.
>>
Yes and no. I think the rise of anime, normcore video games, "le nerd culture" (ala Big Bang Theory, Avengers, Reddit, etc) and D-list tabletop LPs (ala Critical Role) have helped and hurt roleplaying games.

On the one hand, the increased exposure has vastly widened the pool of potential players - it's easier than ever to find a game, and there are more great games to play.

On the other, it becomes a hell of a lot harder to find actual, quality players from that pool. A lot of them don't throw the traditional That Guy red flags, but they end up not really caring about the game. They're just there to make stupid references and show off how funny and random they are.

Dumb idiots have always been making dumb copies of Conan, Legolas, Drizzt, etc. so I don't see much difference when they copy Sword Art Online or Avengers or whatever. I just wish I could avoid them.
>>
>>52808570
>On the other, it becomes a hell of a lot harder to find actual, quality players from that pool
The percentage of good players hasn't changed, it's just that your standards were different back when it was impossible to find any.
>>
>>52801936
Maybe. I don't mind. I personally think the roleplaying community has bigger problems, but you're free to talk about it if you want.
>>
Number one complaint here seems to be ripoff characters. But if the gameplay has enough oomph, such details quickly fall by the wayside, IME. So I have to think that the problem is novice designer/DMs not producing a compelling adventure. Players build pop-sci-fi self-inserts as a good-natured way of ensuring they have fun anyway, in liu of resorting to the bad-natured way of skulduggery and PK.
>>
>>52808668
>Number one complaint here seems to be ripoff characters. But if the gameplay has enough oomph, such details quickly fall by the wayside
I also personally believe that rip-off characters don't stay like that for long. Any person is shaped by his experiences, and if the PC actually has an interest in roleplaying and the DM crafts interesting scenarios, then the situations faux-Conan finds himself in will eventually shape him into something similar to but different from Conan.
>>
>>52801936
I think Critical Role did more damage than manime ever did.
>>
Anime is one of maybe nine general fandoms and personality traits that are excellent predictors of whether you're a giant piece of shit.

> Anime (all types)
> Star Trek
> M:tG
> Pathfinder/people who think 3.5 can be "fixed"
> MOBAs
> Miscellaneous Tumblr shit (SuperWhoLock, Homestuck, etc.)
> Virginity
> /pol/-browsing (all types)
> My Little Pony

The more fandoms you belong to, the more likely you are to be a piece of garbage. I've met people who were into Star Trek and MOBAs who weren't trash, and people who were virgins and MLP fans who just sat on the sidelines and didn't interfere in games, but the vast majority of people who fulfill more than about 4 of these categories are trash. More than 5, and you're looking at an almost inevitable That Guy.

I've never had a problem player who wasn't into anime. I've never had a problem player who wasn't into M:tG and Pathfinder. The worst player I ever had -- one who destroyed a group and broke a bunch of friendships in the process -- didn't browse /pol/ and definitely wasn't a virgin, but satisfied literally every other category.

You can be an anime fan or a virgin or a Star Trek fan or a bunch of others all at once, but let's be honest: nerd culture fucking sucks, and whether it's the posturing normies at the tip of the iceberg or the pillow-fucking autists at the bottom of the Challenger Deep, you're going to get problem players from the nerd culture.

Nerds are kind of trash.
>>
>>52808726
This. “It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to."
>>
>>52808819
>If you don't have sex you're a bad person
Nice try roastie.
>>
>>52808819
>all the way at the bottom

thanks symphogay
>>
>>52808726
This has been primarily my experience as someone who has almost exclusively played ripoff character for three years now.

It actually gets frustrating in a weird way when your dumb ass wants to keep the ripoff as true to the original as the setting will allow.
>>
>>52808923
It's more like an indicator, since overt shitheads and insufferable morons won't have sex. If you find out a person hasn't had sex, there's a stronger likelihood he belongs to one of those groups.
>>
>>52801936
Anime polluted fucking everything
>>
>>52808819
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>Normalfag tier

That show has a high bar of entry, 100+ dense episode that only got a US licensee a few years back.

>Cowboy Bebop
>Ghost in the Shell
>Not Normalfag Tier

That shit was on Adult Swim for so long that it is practically Williams Street content.
>>
File: 1470398557584.png (470KB, 733x584px) Image search: [Google]
1470398557584.png
470KB, 733x584px
>>52801936
Yes. Whilst it's theoretically possible to take influence from anime and not destroy the tone of a western-fantasy RPG, or otherwise simply run a compelling RPG of weeb fantasy, this is sadly the exception, and not the rule
>>
>>52809051
Maybe it's just my experience, but I seem to find a correlation close to zero for that claim. I've had people for which your claim is true, but also overt shitheads and insufferable morons fuck at the god-damn table, and virgins nicer and more competent than anyone I've met.
>>
Why is anime bad tho

Why are you posting on a mongolian wall scroll pictograph board if you don't like it.
>>
>>52808819
>anime
>virgin
>/pol/

wew lad
>>
File: 1492363597758.gif (8MB, 336x258px) Image search: [Google]
1492363597758.gif
8MB, 336x258px
>>52809091
Not to mention, anime influence HAD the potential to the cultural end of caster-supremacy, a la "bullshit weeaboo fightan magic", but here we are.
>>
>>52808819
Really? The fucking iDOLM@STER of all things is alien tier? Have you BEEN to Japan? Fucking random street cabs have iDOLM@STER posters on them. They got them on buildings and shit, people listen to the songs from there in grocery stores. It's like the Japanese equivalent of the Minions movie, except the hype never ended.
>>
>>52809156
Didn't 4E and 5E get rid of caster supremacy though?
>>
>>52803018
Literally everyone on /a/ agrees that showing your powerlevel is terrible. Those idiots are a minority, and all from MAL or reddit.
This is a fucking anime imageboard, what are you faggots doing here if you hate anime?
>>
>>52809202
4e did but it is back in 5e because of "FEEEEEEEELS." Though not to the degree that it existed in 3.x.
>>
>>52801936
No, politics did.

Pandering to the current market trends shits on settings for the one reason: It shits on anything.

You can have 20 people in the room having fun and laughing, then some ass hat brings up something no one is really there to talk about and it kills them mood.

Same thing happened in RPG's.

No one gave a shit about trans/gay/race/whatever until people began forcing it into stuff.

My dream is my grandkids will be telling their my great grandkids how retarded their parents views were.
>>
>>52808819
>jojo below monogatari

maybe when it was still a fucking manga
>>
>>52809240
That's been true since the 80's, though, and it dominated the 90's. You just haven't noticed it since you probably started around then and the politics seemed "natural" to you.
>>
>>52809262
There's also the fact that people age. Many of the guys currently autistically screeching about transsexuals in their elfgames were right at the correct "impressionable slightly emo self-absorbed teenager" phase to find Mage: The Ascension inspirational.
>>
>>52809093
People who are virgins past the age of 16 creep me out. There's just something off about them.
>>
>>52809376
Maybe they just want to save themselves for marriage, and are picky.
Like myself.
It's not like I couldn't fuck a prostitute or whore, I just don't fucking want to.
>>
>>52808117
>Elric
>Legolas
>neither faggy nor gay
On what fucking planet?
>>
>>52809376
>There's just something off about them.
The fact that they don't think of highly of sex as you do? You're starting to sound like a butthurt roastie. Personally I'd be more worried about people who have had sex before the age of 16.
>>
>>52809424
In the mind of a grognard, fagness is determined by distance from Gygax, not desire to fuck dudes.
>>
>>52809415
In the twisted mind of women, being a virgin makes you subhuman but fucking prostitutes makes you even worse than that. So it's not that it's virginity itself that they find disgusting, but something it implies. Maybe something concerning how these men choose to spend their money, or better said: on whom.

Really gets your noggin' a-joggin'.
>>
>>52809415
Honestly I think it's better to be picky. The first time I had sex I was far too young and stupid and it was all-around a terrible time.
>>
>>52808819
This chart is a mess
>>
>>52809376
I want to fuck someone I love. I care about a lot of people and get along with them well enough, I would put my life on the line for some of them even, I just haven't yet met anyone that I can honestly say that I love in a romantic way. If I go to the grave a virgin, then so be it.
>>
File: this-is-weird-52-pics_14.jpg (109KB, 640x991px) Image search: [Google]
this-is-weird-52-pics_14.jpg
109KB, 640x991px
>>52809202
4e did, but much of the playerbase shifted into maximum over-weeb
5e has reverted somewhat - and although the 'streamlined' aspect is kinda nice, it has only encouraged the weebs who were otherwise intimidated by the complexity of getting into TTRPGs
>>
>>52801936
ABSOLUTELY
>>
>>52809551
NOT
>>
File: 1448058930594.png (168KB, 414x433px) Image search: [Google]
1448058930594.png
168KB, 414x433px
>>52809376
As a virgin I can confirm that I'm too fucked up as a person to ever attract anyone romantically.
>>
>>52807590
Anime-styled fantasy just rips off old-school Western fantasy while adding nothing new whatsoever, no surprise there.
>>
>>52806132

The Hilarious part is the fact that westaboos jerk themselves into a coma thinking bloodborne is about their shitty western setting when it's a very japanese story with a western coating of paint on it.
>>
>>52809600
>when it's a very japanese story with a western coating of paint on it
Could you elaborate on this?
>>
>>52809600
Are you fucking retarded?
>Victorian England setting
>Catholic Church stand-in
>Gothic horror early game
>Lovecraftian late game
>Feudal backdrop (Cainhurst)
Yeah, Bloodborne was western as shit, despite the developers.
>>
>>52809432
>You're starting to sound like a butthurt roastie.

I'm just a regular guy, anon. Someone definitely sounds butthurt, though. I'm sure there's no correlation between your inability to score and your use of the term "roastie".

Don't forget to call me a white knight because I made fun of you for not having sex!
>>
>>52809618
>>52809641

Primarily the religious and metaphysical/spritual views of the setting which is nothing like Western spritualism. The Church of the Healing Blood is not a stand it for Catholicism and is more like Shinto/Animism then anything as well as certain concepts like Spiritual purity/cleanliness and spiritual stagnation (as represented by the presence of tainted blood and parasites in them).

The focus on Quicksilver aka Mercury is also a very Japanese thing as well as that's a very real thing they actually have to deal with.

Honestly for an in-depth look into it I would suggest checking out a Youtuber called redgrave. The guy literally wrote an entire thesis about the game and explains all of this stuff better.

But hey, if it makes you westaboos feel better jerking yourselves off with your gauntlets about the superiority of western culture then take whatever you want from the game.
>>
>>52809466
Maybe you should try using your noggin.
>>
>>52809729
>implying all the best productions of japanese pop culture weren't created by ripping off western culture
>>
>>52809729
>the east has an intellectual monopoly on animism, spiritual purity and mercury
k
>>
>>52809804
>>52809808

>"Muh folded 1bajillion times"

And it's any wonder we're stuck with midget drunks and faggot elf songs and europenis fantasy because of you lot.
>>
>>52809645
>>52809747
t. denying roastie

You're probably annoyed that some guys just don't want to put up with women and spend their money on them.
>>
>>52809729
The Healing Church is not even remotely similar to Shintoism. The whole quicksilver obsession comes from the old Gothic Horror stories from Europe and you didn't even mention the cosmic horror aspects.
Fuck off weeb.
>>
>>52809466
>In the twisted mind of women, being unable to convince women to have sex for free makes you subhuman but having to pay women to convince them to have sex makes you even worse than that. So it's not that it's virginity itself that they find disgusting, but something it implies. Maybe something concerning how these men are verifiably incapable of interacting with other humans at a basic level, or better said: they're creepy.
>>
>>52801936
If it did it did so a long time ago. Like a really long time ago. Lupin the Third Got big in 1977 in Japan and came over not long after to the US. The next to make the jump outside of Japan was Mobile Suit Gundam ,Rose of Versailles, and Macross very shortly after. Then in 1986 you have Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball is one well watch across a few generations in the US and two is older then most of the people on /tg.

So no anime did not pollute the roleplaying community in anyway I can see because it has been around that long.
>>
>>52809841
I'm all for mixing genres.
But claiming that The Magnificent Seven isn't a spaghetti western because it's largely taken from Seven Samurai is dumb.

>But everyone knows that Star Wars is stolen from Hidden Fortress!
>That means it's an anime! Baka!
>>
>>52809904
shit, have I stumbled unto /r9k/ again
>>
>>52809842
So you are not going to use that pea brain of yours and see that it is most likely you are talking to men? I mean the ones that make big deal about a man being a virgin or not tend to be other men.
>>
Anime has polluted all facets of "nerd culture." That's okay though because it makes it really easy to identify the people you should avoid. Next question.
>>
File: CXP1uD1UMAAyk5a[1].jpg (34KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
CXP1uD1UMAAyk5a[1].jpg
34KB, 600x334px
>>52809904
>If you haven't had sex, you can't interact with other human beings and you're automatically a sociopath
Hmmmm....
>>
>>52809880
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamata_disease
>>
>>52810012
I think you might be retarded. Would be alchemists in the West fucked themselves up all the time with quicksilver.
>>
>>52809376

> 16

Try 25 and I might start to agree with you.

There are legitimate reasons to be a virgin past a certain point, like religious reasons or disability, but it's honestly not that hard to get laid. I'm a fat nerd with perfect diction and a whole bunch of mental issues, and I lost my V-card when I was 21, and had a shit ton of opportunities before that.
>>
>>52809466
It's not so much not having sex that's pathetic.

It's being unable to get sex while being obsessed with it as if it's the be-all-end-all of a relationship with the opposite sex that makes one a stereotypical virgin loser.
>>
>>52801936
I mean, is insertion that bad? If they're still passionate about it and can make it work, why not?
>>
>>52808047
where do you go where its not used as a derogatory term?
>>
>>52807835
Fallacy Fallacy.

What now?
>>
>>52810105

>25

No hope for me then, is there? What kind of magic should I focus on when I become a wizard?
>>
>>52810179
This. At best it's like "nerd" or "geek".
>>
>>52805634
Your life would be a lot happier if you stopped trying so hard to not enjoy things.
>>
File: 1490555584083.png (125KB, 1035x358px) Image search: [Google]
1490555584083.png
125KB, 1035x358px
>>52809985
Let's be honest m8, if you've made it to past early adulthood without ever convincing anyone that you're worthy of intimacy, there's probably something fundamentally flawed with you as a person.
>>
>>52810214
Protection magic, to continue to protect your powers.
>>
>>52809920

I never claimed it wasn't, only that Bloodborne wasn't the westaboos godsend from Japan they make it out to be.
>>
>>52810012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning
>>
>>52802872
Sounds like a tedious and unfun party. Literally 3/4 of them boil down to "does not work well with others" and the other has defining traits so deliberately at odds with each other that the personality they resolve to is bound to be completely unlikeable.

>>52805456
Pretty sure his point is that the only people that unsarcastically use the term "millenials" themselves fall under the umbrella term "millenial" meaning "person born within 30 years of 2000" despite almost exclusively using it as a pejorative, which is funny because it's ironic and because stupid people make those of us that aren't as stupid as they are feel better about how stupid we are.

>>52808819
>virginity makes someone a piece of shit and not just the opposite
I mean, I guess you're probably talking about /r9k/-like sexually frustrated bonerlords, but it's generally the compulsive and obsessive desire for sex that makes people pieces of shit, not just not having any. Just replace that one with "sexual frustration" though and you're golden (and probably still cover a technical majority of adult virgins, idk).

homosuck was decent for a while, and coincidentally turned awful when hussie started pandering and it took off on tumblr so I'm not actually contesting that point

otherwise spot on imo
>>
>>52810239
If you make it that far, there's a good chance you won't accidentally lose your powers.

Unless maybe another wizard, transformed into a loli, tries to seduce you.
>>
File: IncredulousGrineer.png (98KB, 298x179px) Image search: [Google]
IncredulousGrineer.png
98KB, 298x179px
>>52801936

Fucking purists, get the fuck out of my board, go play your generic, shitty megadungeon table-top Rogue-like while jerking it off to Gygax and pretending to "roleplay" your transparent, expedable player avatar â„–291948 with a coy gimmick taken from a randomizer as an excuse for "character"!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1491523372118.png (286KB, 728x549px) Image search: [Google]
1491523372118.png
286KB, 728x549px
>>52808819
is "virginity means something bad" an american thing? Asking because where I'm from almost nobody ever brings up their sex life in conversations.
>>
>>52801999
In a way? Generic rpg vidyas polluted it waaay more, though.
We're at the point where old people who never played any kind of games and little kids are more capable of creating interesting characters and roleplaying than the nerds who are the actual target audience of roleplaying games.
>>
>>52810270
You can never be too careful.
>>
>>52808923
>>52809466
>>52809432
>>52809842
I can't tell if you're posting ironically or if you're seriously proving his point.
>>
>>52810214
Are you actually looking or have you spent time looking in the past for a partner? I know I have above-average height, looks, intelligence and a confident voice, so I lack the perspective to say "it's not that hard to get into a relationship" (not that that stops others like me most of the time), but I can confidently say that you won't get laid unless you're in school or a very liberal workplace still and meeting other people your age naturally, actually actively looking for the right person or willing to have it be with a prostitute.

Apart from that, I mean, people divorce their partners or lose partners or, seriously, never have partners and find someone new in their 30s all the time, it's not too late but life is short and I'd get on that if you actually care about it.

Spec into necromancy, if nothing else it doesn't count against your wizard status if she's technically dead
>>
>>52810278
It's expected in our culture that you are constantly actively seeking sex, if you're not you're a psycho murderer who's probably also a terrorist.
>>
>>52810278
It's expected in our culture that you are constantly actively seeking sex, if you're not you're a psycho murderer who's probably also a terrorist.
>>
File: Cthulhu.jpg (178KB, 1164x687px) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu.jpg
178KB, 1164x687px
>>52809729

Really stupid post. You clearly know shit all about either Western spiritualism or religion. In Christianity alone we have Cain who in medieval thought spawned entire tainted bloodlines of monsters (Grendel and his mother in the saga of Beowulf for example). Demons were also thought to taint the human bloodline producing hybrid creatures called Cambions (Most famous probably being Caliban from the tempest ).

As far as mercury goes western alchemical tradition considers the original mercury heavenly quicksilver the most pure element of all.

And if this wasn't enough Bloodborne is clearly set in a Lovecraftian world. Lovecraft is notorious for including themes of purity in his works with his elder deities and creatures mating with humans to produce degenerate spawn. So yeah Bloodborne probably has more to do with a man who died in 1937s view on race mixing as it does with Shinto.
>>
>>52810387
This
>>
>>52810387
The dude is obviously either a weeb or just a Nip that thinks his country is God's gift to humanity.
>>
>>52810387

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNNczeUHYvE
>>
>>52810229
NO NO NO, I DONT WANT TO BELIEVE
>>
>>52810437
It's true anon, but on the other hand, what's also true is that it's probably not too late to change if you try.
>>
>>52810278
If you are a woman, it is good, if you are a man, it is bad
>>
>>52810467
Double standards exist for a reason. By holding men to the same standards as women and vice versa we fucked up our society big time.
>>
File: 1489487602346.jpg (61KB, 660x680px) Image search: [Google]
1489487602346.jpg
61KB, 660x680px
>>52810467
so homos are win-win?
>>
>>52810369

I'm not looking. I never looked. "Reclusive" "Shut in" and "Non-Social" doesn't even begin to describe me. Prostitution is legal where I am, yeah. Maybe if I finish my degree and get decent job I'll try online dating, but I got to take care of myself before I go looking for love, y'know.

Good idea. Do you know if there are any spells to prevent a corpse from rotting?
>>
>>52810377
Yeah and I bet they don't even clap at the end of movies. Completely dead inside. Creeps me out. Sad!

>>52810387
There's also the nephilim, children of human women and fallen angels from the book of Enoch. Given that abrahamic angels are generally much more physically terrifying than abrahamic daemons and the themes of worship and adoration in BB I think that would actually be a better comparison.

Nevermind that Miyazaki has stated before that one of his main influences was reading western fantasy novels as a kid while not really understanding English, or that his other main influence is Berserk, a manga that is essentially a love letter to medieval european fantasy/mythology with the only overtly japanese elements being a very pretty boy and a very large sword (but not a very large sword wielded by a very pretty boy, to its credit).
>>
>>52803018
I'm at college right now, people rarely wear anime related stuff. Best I've seen are a few buttons and a guy wearing a Skyrim symbol necklace.

Why is it that when you go 'this is real common in the real world kid,' you point at something from 4chan to prove your point? Anyone that ends up on 4chan has to be some sort of outcast faggot somehow, it's not like most people are like this place. I actually feel like I've been ruined to the hobby by coming here rather than the reverse - it's made me judgmental and arrogant.
>>
>>52809175
that's the joke
>>
>>52810425
Obviously haven't watched a near hour long video yet but Odeon clearly has its origin in at least two Western sources. Odeon means singing place in ancient Greek. Azathoth the great formless outer god in Lovecraftian myth spawns servitors known as pipers that communr through music - does this sound similar?

Secondly as a source of transcendent knowledge or gnosis Odeon resembles the Gnostic deity Sophia. Anyone with a slight knowledge of Western occultism can see the parallels between gnosis and insight in Bloodborne.
>>
>>52810777

Whatever Westaboo, The beauty of /tg/ is that it's all pretend anyways.
>>
>>52810792
You're saying westaboo like it's a bad thing to be supportive of your culture and history.
>>
>>52810839

It is bad, because you act just like the weeaboos who cling to the glorius rendention of japanese culture that they enshrine in their heads. Westaboos are cut from the same cloth.
>>
>>52810839
So now you're a nationalist as well?
>>
>>52810792
>Whatever Westaboo
The game's creators are deliberately using western themes and ideas. They openly say as much. It's not westaboo to point it out.
>>
>>52810856
>implying that there is anything wrong in and of itself with being a nationalist.
>>
>>52811020
Stop confusing nationalism with patriotism
>>
>>52811036
quit assuming all nationalists are ultra-nationalists.
>>
>>52811036
Patriotism is for mongrel nations like America with no actual ethnic identity.
>>
>People complaining about anime on 4chan
Why?
Do they just mentally filter out the CHAN out so they don't feel like greasy hypocrites?
>>
>>52811082
>Implying an ethnic identity is good.
>Not recognizing our Inherent Exceptionalism.

Look man, if you don't want to help us build a shining city on a hill then go back to your Muslim-filled shithole.
>>
>>52811116
Don't push your Burger civil nationalism on the rest of the world.
>>
>>52811082
Why would you need an ethnic identity when you're the most economically, culturally, and militarily powerful nation in the world?

Enjoy eating McDonalds and then watching films made in America, listening to music by Americans, discussing American celebrities, and bitching about America on the internet :^)
>>
>>52811093
Chan is an abbreviation of channel. It doesn't actually have anything to do with Japanese suffixes in this case
>>
>>52811160
>Don't push your Burger civil nationalism on the rest of the world.
We don't have to push it, your countrymen and women seek it out.
>>
File: fassburton.jpg (75KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
fassburton.jpg
75KB, 1024x683px
>>52801936
Yes. It has killed the hobby and those who enjoy it. I would ask you to shun those who like it, who talk about it, base characters on it and use it as an avatar.

Your line will die out otherwise.
>>
File: 1430980655110.gif (95KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1430980655110.gif
95KB, 600x600px
>>52808117
The problem is tone, I think. If you can copy Conan and do it well enough in a fantasy setting, well great. The standard barbarian is a bad Conan ripoff anyway, you could say that's the Canon way of doing things.

The problem is when, like in that guy's example, you try and bring a character from one setting to another - some anime character into 40k, or maybe some grimdark fantasy character into something far more relaxed and open. A more subtle shift might be a humorous Dwarf Fortress style dwarf into a fantasy setting with very serious dwarves, or a character from a mecha anime getting transported into a magical girl game.

It still amazes me sometimes how people think they can pluck a character out of a setting and transfer them over to another one without any changes, when so many parts of a character are built around the setting they were originally in. Another sin is assuming that whatever your GM is playing is going to be just like what you've seen in other things, and getting mad when you realize that his 'super special' setting is not like your more familiar WoW or LoTR.
>>
File: 1470014776116.jpg (115KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470014776116.jpg
115KB, 900x600px
They can not defeat the West through martial might, so they poison our culture, our beliefs and our lifes so that we will not want to fight.
>>
>>52811492

The fact that trump is somehow representative of American Culture speaks volumes of the people who fell in love with him.
>>
>>52802310
Maid RPG is retarded
There I said it, everyone was thinking it
>>
File: 10-alex-jones-4.w710.h473.2x.jpg (83KB, 1420x946px) Image search: [Google]
10-alex-jones-4.w710.h473.2x.jpg
83KB, 1420x946px
>>52811506
You watch anime, you are incapable of love. Which is a good thing, fewer and fewer people want to love a grown man who watches girlish/childish/effeminate/infantile cartoon.
>>
File: 1429335333861.png (68KB, 323x327px) Image search: [Google]
1429335333861.png
68KB, 323x327px
>>52811549
I'm a little scared because I'm not sure if this is real or memery anymore. I wish the internet had stayed the internet and real life had stayed real life.
>>
>>52810855
Except most of the people you call 'westaboos' actuall originated from western culture, you dingus.
>>
>>52811549

What is there to love about conservatives and trump? You will give that man your soul so he can sell it to line his own pockets and you'll cheer about it.

I bet you could be dying in a ditch with cancer and poor but damnit it's a good thing trump came along to make sure corporations can finally get away with poisoning you without having to be sneaky about it because America

>>52811576
I just assume it's all real. trump cultist are a real thing and want the US to be like russia.
>>
>>52802872
I'm just gunna go make some toast in the tub, brb
>>
>>52811549
>tfw Alex Jones recently admitted that his radio persona is just a character in the same vein as Stephen Colbert and isn't necessarily what he actually believes
>>
>>52811549
>tfw ex wife got me into anime
Can confirm. People who watch anime are incapable of love.
>>
>>52811576
Anime, not even once.
>>
>>52803089
No it isn't. Pathfinder can be run quite well with the right gamemaster making the proper adjustments to difficulty and magic level of the universe. Pathfinder is actually quite fun when running it low fantasy. Weebs always run it as high fantasy as possible, which is absolutely awful. The major problem with Pathfinder is just that its too easy to min/max in.
>>
File: 1469488459836.png (12KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469488459836.png
12KB, 431x600px
>>52811254
>American thinks culture is hamburgers and consumerism
>>
File: 1489366728138.png (869KB, 986x797px) Image search: [Google]
1489366728138.png
869KB, 986x797px
>>52811614
>Mfw Jones listening and viewing figures are rising when Colbert is falling fast.
>>
>>52811591

You were never supposed to cross the streams.
>>
>>52811614

Wasn't that just a thing his Lawyer told him to say? I hear his wife paints a different picture.
>>
>>52811700

The streams were crossed a long time ago. The line between real and meme fuckery is razor thin.
>>
>>52811726

And we must walk that line, like a snail crawling along the edge of a straight razor.
>>
>>52802872
>loli
Fucking dropped.
>>
>>52811757

But where does it end? It doesn't end doesn't it? After trump then what will the meme fucks do? I can't imagine another figure as terrible as trump unless his cultist go full authoritarian and try to extend his term as president or even enshrine him for life like the Turks did with Erdogan.
>>
File: Jack.jpg (26KB, 630x390px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
26KB, 630x390px
>>52802872
You should be drafted and beaten until you break down, then rebuilt as a man.
>>
>>52811792

There's always a way it can get a little worse. There is always a drop of Lulz left to be milked. There is always a bit of darkness that the light can't chase away.

Kek will show us the way.
>>
File: 1416994500250.jpg (63KB, 350x316px) Image search: [Google]
1416994500250.jpg
63KB, 350x316px
>>52802872
>Cleric (Plucky, teenage "chosen one" of his village. Acts like your average shonen protagonist, including being HOTBLOODED and PASSIONATE)
I'd actually like this because the anime/JRPG stereotype of "clerics" is usually some bland bitch that's the protagonist's love interest.

And as a person who mainly plays Clerics in DnD, this is a lot more fun.
>>
>>52810500
That reason being expediency and hypocrisy.
>>
>>52810369
>>52810505
>tfw I didn't ask the one girl I wanted to out in highschool and regret it ever since
>decent number of cute girls at college
>don't know the first thing about any of them, not even their names
>can function normally around girls
>except when getting anywhere near the topic of dating/asking them out.
>don't want to talk to them because I assume they aren't interested and don't want to seem like a creep
>spend all of my time at home and have zero hobbies outside the house nowadays
Honestly jerking it makes it so I could actually talk to them without just looking for sex, but it really makes think I don't even want to bother since it's too much drama, effort and money. I feel like a hopeless loser. Most of the time I literally don't give a shit what other people think about me, except when it comes to this. I end up overthinking everything instead of giving it my usual attitude of giving a decent or at least half-assed shot and seeing where the chips fall. I see the girls and I want to talk to them but I have nothing in common with them and I feel like I'll just spaghetti out of pockets since I'm don't think I'm the least bit charismatic.
>>
>>52811492
>>52811821
I realize you're just desperately trying to get (You)s and responding is pointless, but come on son, I watch anime, have my CIB, and have re-enlisted several times. What have you done other than bait an anime image board?
>>
>>52811506
He's loud, ignores facts when they don't fit his narrative, he's morbidly obese, he's had everything in life handed to him, and he's ignorant. He is literally the platonic ideal of the 21st century american.
>>
>>52808819
>LoGH that low unironically
>>
>>52811347
>excluding honorary Aryan artform
untermensch
>>
>>52811517
I liked it.
>>
>>52810278
As an American, our culture around sex is super weird. On one hand we have people who treat sex as a taboo, with conservative Evangelicals who vehemently promote abstinence and say you'll go to hell for even thinking about someone naked, while on the other we have people who expect you to always be wanting to score and find it weird if you're still a virgin after an arbitrary age.
>>
>>52808819
>outsiders watch Cowboy Bebop
This world is all kinds of messed up...
>>
>>52808819
>nerd culture sucks yo

I don't disagree, but with how you framed it I bet you were a huge white knight during Gamergate.
>>
>>52810278
No, it's something italians have, too. If you don't have sex before you're married, you're weird and people will say as much.
>>
>>52810504
homos r bad mmkay?
>>
>>52808117
B-but what if I want to play a magic user? Who can I copy that would be approved by Our Lord And Savior Gygax?
>>
>>52802354

I'm guilty of this. When I GM, my hobgoblins are basically Klingons and Drow are more aesthetic Cardassians.
>>
>>52810277
Nice bait, matey.
>>
I don't think so. Plenty people I know watched some anime in their lives and It never affected them negatively in their lives.
I do have a friend who would be considered a perfect boyfriend material but likes anime too much. Normally you would never tell but this is some 50shades of anime.webm bullshit except with anime idols. He admitted once that he fully realizes his tastes are to fucked up to form a relationship with a girl.
But even this guy never got me any trouble at the table.

I think that the medium Itself is fine but like with anything nerdy, the autism spectrum is so much more impactful than within the normalcy side
>>
>>52810211
Fellatio Fallacy.

Beat that.
>>
>>52810229

>Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction to anyone, or low or absent interest in or desire for sexual activity. It may be considered the lack of a sexual orientation, or one of the variations thereof, alongside heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality.
>>
>>52816723
Only if you're long enough to do both at once.
>>
>>52816723
As a matter of fact, i AM currently beating it.
>>
>>52801936
Huh? In what way?
>>
>>52801936
what wrong with anime?

also, do people even role play in other languages? or it it in an english thing? like do japanese people? do french or whatever?
>>
>>52817514
No our full german group with our german rule and soucebooks proceed to roleplay in a language we arent 100% fluent in. roleplaying in any other language than english, the first language every human starts their live with basic knowledge of, is an abomination and needs to be shunned. truly disgusting
>>
>>52810229
>Read the image
>It starts to set in
Fuck you man, you didn't have to post that. Now you've ruined most of my day.
>>
File: Year of the Rat (5).jpg (391KB, 654x800px) Image search: [Google]
Year of the Rat (5).jpg
391KB, 654x800px
>>52817650
Sorry I just didnt know if it was a western thing or not
i'll just kms
>>
>>52817764
For a slightly nicer answer: The Japanese are making roleplaying games of their own, so yes. Same thing for most European countries. The only thing I've seen about English was a Danish (IIRC) anon saying that his language is too boring to play a story in (which is bullshit), so he always played with tons of English words in Danish sentences.
>>
>>52817948
Ah well thanks anon! I guess roleplay is universal then. It was always a question on my mind
>>
>>52817514
>>52817764
>>52817993
Given the new world you have been shown Anon I recommend you check out a few systems from across the seas. Japan has some crazy stuff given the lack of ability to get a standard set of seven dice. A lot of d6 and card based stuff there to my knowledge.
>>
>>52817514
I'm a Norwegian living in Norway, and I roleplay in English for the most part.
>>
>>52818111
nice trips
>the lack of ability to get a standard set of seven dice
why cant they get dice??
>>
File: 1476881616886.png (281KB, 600x617px) Image search: [Google]
1476881616886.png
281KB, 600x617px
>>52801936
No? Not sure what you are going for here Anon.

The rise of interest in anime since the 90s has most certainly influenced to some degree the viability of some games like Big Eyes Small Mouths, Maid the RPG, and a bounty of small systems but I would not say anime polluted the RPG community.
>>
>>52811646
>Pathfinder is actually quite fun when running it low fantasy
You have no earthly idea of what the fuck your talking about you believe this is true. The game is more or less non -functional in "low fantasy" environments.
>>
>>52818178

D4's count as caltrops, can't get them through customs
>>
>>52818178
They can but things beyond d6s (and maybe d10s, reports are unclear) are uncommon due to, from my understanding, most Japanese RPG systems developing around d6s and at this point it just being tradition.
>>
>>52803018
>because despite many of the official beast races being entirely animalistic, the weebs can't help but contort them into shitty cosplaying moeblobs that are just lolis with fox/cat ears, taken from the most obscure third-party supplements
This statement doesn't even make any fucking sense. How can an official beast race be taken from a third party supplement?
>>
>>52818149
Did the pnp community in other countries also create their own "homebrewed" systems and settings like we did here in Brazil? Also why the hell would you use a foreign language to play with people from your country?
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 3000x2250px
>>52818244
There are some Norwegian systems, but they're rather obscure. I've never actually played any of them, and I know most of them are available in English.
For the most part people just play the same systems you'd see played in the Anglosphere.
Most people speak pretty good English anyway, so it's not like it's much of an issue.

When I joined my current group, we had a foreign exchange student who didn't speak much Norwegian, so I assume that's why we started using English. He left last year, but we still just talk in English.
>>
>>52802300
>on a side note, anime protags are usually chaotic good/neutral
as are a good measure of most popular mythic/legendary/fictional heroes
Lawful as a "paragon hero" is a lie, at least in western cultural spherethe. "Default" alignment for european hero is NG - tilting towards chaos and often only mildly G.
even stupid ass D&D designers realized that when stating real world pantheons and out of the european ones 3 out of 2 are predominantly CG (norse and greek), other is N slightly tilting towards CN (celtic)
>contributing factor to shit players
Chaotics are bad is stupid meme. It takes a special kind of retard or underage shittert to actually do any things people
I've seen more characters than you did, for sure, because I was not just gaming with group of people once a week but actively participating in lively D&D-based MUD for several years, including DMing for a longer period as well. With daily RP and interactions between multitude of PCs. I've seen hundreds of characters and generally, in terms of RP quality and not being annoying cunts chaotic beats lawful hands down.

Weebshit is a cancer to fantasy/sci fi, but not for that reason.
And it is far from being sole, or even main cancer, mostly because how easily contained it is.
>>
>>52818321
*any things people call chaotics as bad for
>>
File: 1418286929427.png (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1418286929427.png
30KB, 400x400px
>>52815638
Don't Med countries also have this culture where it's acceptable for young men to sleep with older women as 'practice girls'?
>>
>>52818345
I find the concept of "practice mates" abhorrent. Call me a prude if you must but I can think of few ways to get closer to someone than sex and I feel a need to be absolutely certain I want to be that close to someone before the act.
>>
File: 1490844093146.png (59KB, 770x698px) Image search: [Google]
1490844093146.png
59KB, 770x698px
>>52802305
>>
>>52818326
>takes a special kind of retard or underage shittert to actually do any things people
I was about to ask if I was stroking out or something.
>>
>>52802872
Sounds shitty desu id rather have something along the lines of

>alcoholic fighter with a penchant for slapping around npcs
>cleptomaniac rogue that has to be forced from civilization at swordpoint
>cleric who took up the cloth only because he is deathly afraid of anything undead
>schitzophrenic pyromaniac sorcerer with a wisdom score of 5
>a paladin who just wants to make the realm great again
>>
>>52820058
Then your opinions are clearly worthless.
>>
>>52820219
Thats like, your opinion man
>>
>ctrl+f
>Monty Python
>0

Don't even talk to me about polluting.
>>
>>52808819
I'm okay with drowning down there as long as I have my Symphogay.
>>
>>52809262
It didn't dominate the 90s. We were all still laughing at people demanding we take it seriously.
>>
>>52809641
>Victorian

Georgian at most.
>>
>>52811308
No, they seek out socialism. They just use your ideas to destroy the previous systems.
>>
>>52821051
Victorian just means "happened before the 20th Century", retard.
>>
>>52821038
>what was World of Darkness
You'll try to say it wasn't political, but that just proves my point. You grew straight into the politics, so they just seemed natural to you. For people who were already adults, it was glaring.
>>
>>52821201
You're cancer
>>
>>52820320
ni!
>>
>>52811517
This
>>
>>52816680
I understand that feeling. I've had a crush on a friend since high school, but both of our tastes are so fucked (I like loli and incest, while he likes monster rape among others. We both like beefcakes, to the point where I've spent years lifting to achieve an aesthetic he would like) that a relationship wouldn't do much except inevitably ruin our perfect friendship because I know I'd be a clingy shit. Shit sucks.
>>
>>52801936
No, gays and tumblr did
>>
>>52803164
>>52806132
Dark Souls is also a great example of relatively normal people growing in power to the down deific-level enemies in line with what you've described your setting as.
>>
>a shit thread like this is up
>a good thread isn't
Reflect on your actions before you rush to post, scum.
>>
>>52820058
that sounds dope dude
>>
>>52824191
Y-you too!
>>
>>52810229
Look man, I'm a graduate assistant in a top tier counseling program, and believe it or not in about 20 years the general population are going to co-opt the neckbeard lifestyle, but in like, a classy, normie way. Human intimacy, while still existing, will no longer be the norm. AI companionship will treat everything from day-to-day loneliness to trauma counseling. Birthrates will plummet everywhere except third world shitholes. You're a loser right now, and rightly so, but part of that's because you were an early adopter of online existence.
But that's just the opinion of my tenured professors
>>
>>52818236
That's insane. Are they gonna cut your nails at customs next if they're to long and sharp?
>>
>>52801936
Considering Anime has been around as long, if not longer than Tabletop, your argument isn't exactly strong...
I do understand where you're coming from, however.. The flavor variety has been lacking.
>>
>>52808819
which tier is pretty cure
>>
>>52807590
how many times are you gonna post the same image today
>>
>>52808819
>tfw level 6
fugg
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.