[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 50

File: Caine the Lawn Chair.png (445KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Caine the Lawn Chair.png
445KB, 500x358px
Previous thread: >>52778383
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/princes-gambit-its-final-nights-on-kickstarter-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Are mages really the biggest dicks in the WoD setting? Can they be genuinely nice individuals?
>>
>>52796189
There are plenty of nice mages, but the worst individuals in the World of Darkness--or, at least, the ones who do the most harm to the world--are mages. At least in nWoD. Be they Scelesti who feed little bits of reality to the Abyss to be lost forever, or Seers working to ensure that everything stays generally crappy.
>>
>>52796142
Terrifying.

Remind me again why the Uratha would even dare challenge an Adept.
>>
So.

I want to play a game. I am sick of being Forever ST.
>>
File: Sons of Ether.png (78KB, 431x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sons of Ether.png
78KB, 431x500px
>>52796189
ah a vamp in it's rightful place.
>>
>>52796189
Posting this from old thread
>>52778731
One of my characters wouldn't have become a hunter but to be honest the story took an almost dark spin.

The game was broken up into two campaigns. The first one having us play as kids (11-13) who are still mortal but have supernatural merits such as Wolf-Blooded, Psychic, Low magic, etc. The story was that we lived in a town like Twin Peaks/Gravity Falls with a strong mana and spirit locus in the woods that attracted Ghosts, Spirits, Werewolves, Mages, etc.

I played a kid Wolf-Blooded with dual tells Exciting and Bitten. My parents were rich assholes and held rights to half of the woodland area were all the magic shit was happening, the other half belonging to a rival family that were Werewolves/Wolf-Blooded. Werewolves were trying to take the land for territory and my character's parents were going to deforest most of the area so they could build a resort property. My character's uncle was greedy and originally wanted us to sell the land to the rival family for a quick profit but because of bad blood between the two a sale was off the table.

My father was killed by a werewolf early in the story and I was left with my mom. However the werewolves also tried to take out my character and his mother when we were driving home from school. They had used some Gifts to make the area foggy and descended from the hills to ram our car over the cliff we were snaking through. They "killed" my mother, and left me severely wounded (broken leg and a severe bite mark on my right shoulder). I wake up in the hospital and they say that my mother is missing and I'll be put in the care of my uncle for the time being.

As I'm still in the hospital I hear my uncle screaming with some lawyers as it seems that the property would not pass to him as my father made me the heir of the estate and my mother signed a prenup that prevented her from challenging it or having complete claim to the estate if he died until I turn 18 years old
>>
>>52796230
>>52796162
>>
>>52796223
>There are plenty of nice mages

I don't believe you achieve mastery, to say nothing of archmastery, unless you're a DEFCON 1-level asshole.

If this is not expressly stated in the core, it will no doubt be in a supplement or the FAQ.
>>
>>52796253
>assuming water is even in the vicinity
You're desperate, aren't you?

I'm not sure if sprinklers will even hamper a raging tornado of fiery spite.
>>
>>52796271
What do you base this on?
>>
>>52795904
>>52795944
Follow up, what sort of powers would it have beyond the obvious stuff like mild control over plant and animal life as well as maybe certain mental affects on people in the forest.
>>
>>52796253
>>52796259
>>
>>52796297
Dave did mention recently that most Archmasters are too fixated on their cosmic obsessions to care about anyone other than their own selves.

The nice ones always act through proxies, never making themselves known.
>>
So, I think I've decided that my very favorite WoD scenario to play out would be "Followers of Set vs. the Cult of Aten" in a generational game that might resemble Assassin's Creed, with the Setites being the Assassins and the Atenists being the Templars.

To clarify, the Cult is the organization dedicated to serving the Aeons (entities Set opposes; they're basically akin to the Exarchs, assuming they exist; if they do, they're probably aspects of the Weaver or something), taking different names throughout history (allegedly, they're the Illuminati in modern times).
>>
If a pack of werewolves can't match a given cabal of masters.

What can?
>>
>>52796344
My cock.
>>
>>52796297
>What do you base this on?

"“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority; still more when you superadd the tendency of the certainty of corruption by authority.”"
>>
>>52796344
>If a pack of werewolves can't match a given cabal of masters.
>What can?

Gods of olde, anti-reality shards, Exarcharl Ochemata, and other WMD type threats.
>>
>>52796354
Hot
>>
File: bombadil.jpg (423KB, 1300x969px) Image search: [Google]
bombadil.jpg
423KB, 1300x969px
>>52796358
This is how I Archmage
>>
File: the 200%.jpg (6KB, 242x200px) Image search: [Google]
the 200%.jpg
6KB, 242x200px
>>52796282
do you want to take guaranteed 2agg plus dex weaponry in lethal from a co2 fire extinguisher or guaranteed 4 agg plus strength brawl from a chemical extinguisher in bashing? we don't even need an Uratha for this experiment in underestimaging, just some Uratha's wolfblooded cousin or a raggedy ass hunter.

just hope they don't actually bring some kind of water sprayer or fire engine, that'll do guaranteed 2agg/sec plus dex brawl. also pray that if you try to turn back into your bitchnigga form that one of the Uratha isn't a Storm Lord with a lightning fetish. they'll be calling you Benjamin Franklin at your funeral.
>>
>>52796390
That's a nice Chantry you got there, Mr. Bombadil.
>>
File: laff.jpg (102KB, 843x473px) Image search: [Google]
laff.jpg
102KB, 843x473px
>>52796189
>needing to ask this
>>
>>52796398
>the desperate pleas of recognition from a fucking French person

get over it
>>
>>52796424
as teh story teller it's my duty to inform you that your PC mage died because they thought it would be a good idea to BECOME silver FIRE in order to kill some Uratha, instead of, you know, doing something that would have ACTUALLY killed them. Like turn their den into lava. There's a reason kids play that game, or filling it with enough anesthesia to suffocate them.
>>
>>52796344
Reliably? Not a chance. Individually speaking mummies & demons can compare to mages, but Cabals specialize at collaborating.
Even then it's hard to know for certain, as Masters can delete you with no chance of survival. Bypassing Withstand (via ES rolls) is just that ridiculous. I think only mummies could survive it, but that just means they will suffer a fate worse than death.

The last thread was a downhill storm of piss and diarrhea, let's not go back there.
>>
>>52796344
Rank 7+ entities, and Archmasters.
>>
God Tier
>Archmage

Top Tier
>Prep Mage
>Loud Demon
>Fresh Mummy

Middle Tier
>Mage
>Demon
>Sin-Eater
>Mummy
>Werewolf
>Beast
>Changeling

Lower Tier
>Promethean
>Vampire
>Surprised Mage
>Prep Hunter
>Hunter
>>
>still haven't played in a werewolf campaign
>still haven't played any ttrpgs

why must life be so difficult

/wodg/
regale me with stories of you playing werewolf, apocalypse or forsaken
>>
>>52796677
Don't see any issues with this list, other than perhaps Beasts and Werewolves. I always thought the former was a tad bit stronger than the latter.
>>
>>52796677

you underestimage Prometheans and Overestimate changelings.
>>
File: fite me.jpg (30KB, 451x263px) Image search: [Google]
fite me.jpg
30KB, 451x263px
>>52796853
Sorry, but gay fairies could totally beat up some orphaned bodybags.
>>
Hey assholes.
Have a storytime.
The Hunters of Melville https://imgur.com/gallery/HWWDj
>>
>tfw even a prepared mage is still a human and complete putty to a kindred
>>
>>52796957

you really need to work on writing up your adventures for actual play stuff, instead of rambling summaries no one cares about.
>>
>>52796992

Lawn chairs aren't allowed to talk.
>>
>>52796992
Dude. Don't fucking bait the magefags. Now they're gonna shit up the threadwith talk about spheres and arcana because they're too autistic to ignore the bait.
>>
>tfw when even an elder vampire is still a corpse and complete putty to a death mage
>>
>>52796992

>tfw mages are better vampires than actual vampires
>>
>>52797027
You ever think magefags actually enjoy taking bait to flaunt their alleged supremacy?

I sure do.
>>
>tfw if a mage wants to get strong he has to use all of his time to study and practice and eschew any sort of relationship or alliance
>>
I'd give my left nut for a thread with no bullshit about mage supremacy
>>
>>52797046
>alleged supremacy

There's nothing alleged about it.
>>
>>52797046
Then dont fucking give them the privilege
>>
>>52797064

>tfw when it was all worth it
>>
>>52797066
I only accept quality nuts
>>
File: aliceSuicide.png (1001KB, 576x811px) Image search: [Google]
aliceSuicide.png
1001KB, 576x811px
>>52797066
It'll never happen anon.
Magefags are the only thing more arrogant than actual mages.
>>
>>52797146
I bet magefags play the perfect mages because of this.

kek
>>
>>52797176
I think all the splatfags act like their relative splats, to be honest.
>>
>>52797176
>implying any average magefag has a game group
>>
File: vampire player.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
vampire player.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
>>52797215
Are all vampfaggots fat goth chicks?
>>
>>52797229
No.
>>
>>52797224
You could say the same thing about everyone else here.
>>
>>52797215
If I play Werewolf does that make me Native American?
>>
>>52797269
Yes.
>>
>>52797269
Aren't werewolves more of a worldly thing rather than one specific continent / culture?
>>
>>52796677
Now who would win in a SEX OFF!
>>
>>52797005
Didnt think they rambled. But okay.
>>
>>52797544
Still Mage
>>
>>52797544
With out any special abilities? Vampires.
>>
>>52797544
Hunter is literally the only sane option to actually have sex with
Yeah yeah there are all these cool sexy stories about fucking vampires, but going by canon it's creepy as shit with pale cold bodies, blood everywhere, and they're probably gonna eat you in the morning. Same with basically all of them.
>>
>>52797603
Sex with a Daeva would be entirely safe, just don't do it more than once.
>>
>>52797603
Hey, werewolves are fine to have sex with most of the time. In fact they have to have sex with humans to reproduce, werewolf on werewolf sex results in deformed incest babies.
>>
>>52797624
Still have to deal with the blood coming out of everywhere right? Or did that get retconned.
Also cold lifeless bodies, unless they use blush of life, but that only lasts so long. You wake up to a corpse laying next to you.
>>
>>52797651
>Fine
Dude they probably smell like shit, and also might get all weird and 'primal' during the act. I mean sure that /sounds/ sexy on paper, but you really want a bitch howling right during the act? Not to mention the possibility of freaky spirit shit.
>>
>>52797603
Since Kindred can't actually have sex without activating the blush of life, you won't have to worry about pale cold bodies. And Vitae is perfectly good at mimicking other bodily fluids (if it wasn't, vampires would have blood-red eyes and would salivate blood more or less constantly).
>>
>>52797603
In Requiem (not sure about Masquerade), Blush of Life means that their bodies are at least comparable to any human, and the experience of the kiss is typically incredibly pleasurable for mortals. They rarely resort to draining someone dry. So if you're okay with being a blood donor, they're definitely a good lay.
>>
>>52797655
Vampires ejaculate blood. Nothing wrong with that, especially for pragmatic reasons.

Not-rotting corpses that are self aware and conscious? Yeah, attractive as fuck.
>>
>>52797655
Then have sex with a vampire with Humanity 8 or higher in Masquerade (the blush is permanent) or one with the Coil of the Ascendant in Requiem (the blush can last for 24 hours).
>>
File: 1469088573095.gif (1MB, 234x280px) Image search: [Google]
1469088573095.gif
1MB, 234x280px
>>52797675
No, I don't think I am okay with taking lethal damage just for a really good feeling is okay.
>>52797689
>Nothing wrong with that
>>
I don't play vampire (masquerade or requiem) so this might be an obvious question. But how does vampire society deal with changing culture and eldar vampires?

Like would a guy embraced in the antebellum south really be accepting of other races?

Would a vampire town hall meeting be like thanksgiving where your 93 year old great grandma is liquored up and she's telling stories about her time in the Hitler youth and you just listen politely because fuck it she's 93 and she's probably going to pass on sooner than later.

Except vampires don't die of old age.
>>
Never give a vampire a blowjob. You will get ghouled.
>>
>>52797655
I don't imagine you'll wake up next to them at all. Most humans sleep at night and vampires don't. When you wake up, it'll be daytime, and they'll want to be comfortably in their haven.
>>
>>52797753
Spitters are quitters.
>>
>>52797737
Generally, vampires know how to keep with the times. Because if you go around wearing a cape and speaking like Dracula, people will figure you out pretty fast. As far as human races, go, you're a vampire. Kine are kine. Why do you care about their divisions? That's like humans being racist against a certain breed of dog (except dog breeds are about 100x more varied than human races)
>>
>>52797737
Most elders know how to keep up to at least maintain a semblance of "normality" in their current setting, being fundamentally beings inextricably linked to human society for their sustenance.

Also by the time you are an elder you don't really care about different groups of kine, you might be racist as fuck toward another clan, but sheep are sheep to you by that point.

The REALLY ancient motherfuckers who don't even bother to pretend being human any more are so far removed from concepts like discrimination and racism that they probably can't comprehend them anymore. Because to a 10,000 year old Blood God everything is either food or a nuisance
>>
File: 1446086980660.jpg (10KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1446086980660.jpg
10KB, 249x250px
I sort of want to curate a list of 2e merits available for template-less mortals that are printed outside of mortal lines (IE CofD core, hurt locker). It was fairly common in 1e, but as far as I can find, there's only stuff like Sleepwalker and Wolf blooded stuff, IE minor templates. But I feel like I'm just skipping over them or something. Thorough as CofD core is, I can't imagine that none of the other books have snuck anything in.

I won't deny having something of a motive, I specifically chose to play a mortal in a supernatural crossover game. Jesus christ a properly thought out Taste is the greatest of one dot merits. If I'd realised its utility ahead of time, I would have taken Sleight of Hand too, these alone are DRASTICALLY more powerful than their supernatural equivalents. Hurt locker was an excellent resource too, I just don't want to miss anything, since so far I'm staying ahead of the Mage and Beast by the seat of my fucking pants, I want to see how far I can go.

My most immediate risk at the moment is picking up minor templates off of NPCs. I wouldn't mind being stigmatic or a sleepwalker (very unlikely to happen) since the side-effects are minor, albeit it would hurt my pride a little OOC, but being ghouled is looking extraordinarily likely at this point, which is bad since IC I don't know vampires exist despite having just completely fucking ruined a Daeva in a social encounter by accident, and being ghouled would cause me to lose a ton of my current abilities and give me an actual weakness, something that I think a lot of my advantages over my comrades stem from.
>>
File: 1492305329714.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
1492305329714.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
>>52795020
Just for the record, every splat has supplement books that says things like this. Vampire had one about trying to feed off Werewolves, and one of the Mage books mentions Changeling magic being a sort of esoteric threat.
All of them mention hunters/Hunters, you know, those sorta plain old boring humans. How could they be threatening? :^)
>>
File: 1450490053799.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1450490053799.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>52797229
>try to feed off a fat girl
>fangs can't penetrate deep enough to tap an artery
>tasted of rancid buttery fat comingled with broken blood vessels makes you puke
>twat and pits smell like old garlic
Maybe they're onto something.
>>
>>52798088
There are some such merits in Appendix One of Vampire: the Requiem 2e (though most are for ghouls, some are also or even only for mortals). Most notably, the merit Clear-Sighted makes you immune to Nightmare and Obfuscate.
>>
>>52797936
Ancients are still racist, just nothing resembles the city-state they were born in so it all receives the same level of contempt. Except maybe another vampire from the same time and place but fuck that guy, he knows what he did.
>>
>>52798127
>trying to feed off Werewolves
Doesn't werewolf blood taste like shit according to one of the supplements? I might be confusing oWoD and CofD here, as my memory of it has already faded.

>one of the Mage books mentions Changeling magic being a sort of esoteric threat.
Yeah, the only threat being the lack of information. Nothing more.
Even then there are "Changeling Experts" among the orders dealing with Freeholds and exploring the hedge.
>>
File: 1396791396984.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1396791396984.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>52798171
Thanks, clear sighted is a solid option. I'll keep that one in mind. Even the ones related to having a vampire friend are potentially very powerful for the right character.

Actually on another note, has anyone found a 2e equivalent of conviction yet? IE a means of spending more than one willpower per turn. Supernatural tolerance is an alright source of bonus resistance to troll supernaturals with, but by the end of 1e nWoD, there were a couple of ways to stretch beyond 1 willpower per turn, and if ever there was a character I wanted to do that with, this character is high up there given a lot of merits have activation rolls after spending willpower, and thus being unable to spend willpower on those activation rolls is an issue.
>>
>>52796358

So basically edginess, got it
>>
>>52798434
You can be the most powerful splat and an edgelord at the same time, anon.
>>
>>52798251
in New World it's supercharged (2.5 vitae per box) and pisses you right the fuck off, but the sensation is super addictive.

So cocaine blood basically.
>>
>>52798251
>Yeah, the only threat being the lack of information.
Everything can be boiled down to this. The thing is, is that not every single one of your characters is going to have interactions with, let alone know about, creatures like the Lost. And it's not like there's a "Lost and You 101" pamphlet circulating around the Consilium.
>>
>>52798512
Mage blood is apparently the most hardcore acid out there, the hallucinations possibly being real.

I wonder what Changeling blood does.
>>
>>52798524

There are experts on the Lost among the Orders.
>>
>>52798528
You got it switched. Mage blood is... regular human blood.
>>
>>52797689
This is how you get STDs anon!
>>
>>52798571
No, mage blood canonically does crazy shit to vampires. It's akin to a bad trip.
>>
>>52798609
I need a source on that shit
>>
>>52798609
Might not be the case as of 2e, as we've barely had enough supplements.

in 2e Mage blood was worth the normal amount of Vitae and caused a Derangement for a number of nights equal to the amount of Vitae taken.

They see the symbols of the Supernal yet don't know how to process them, so it's a very scary thing indeed. Like a minimalized version of Prime 4's 'Apocalypse'

>>52798647
The effects of splat blood are all around. The only "official" effects (in terms of canon) would be Werewolves, Mages, Changelings and Prometheans.
>>
>>52797215
Vampfags tend to start the most drama over threats to their perceived superiority and magefags are autistic weirdos...so yeah.
>>
>>52798706
>in 2e
Meant to type 1e
>>
>>52798706
Vampires gain minor Mage Sight when they indulge in wizard's blood.
>>
>>52798528
I was pretty sure it got covered at one point. It's fuggen MDMA blood or something. Primarily incapacitating due to the emotional sensitivity they gain.
>>
>>52798710
I'm pretty sure all the "vampfags" that have been saying archmages can't beat Caine have been shitposters who want to ruin threads.
>>
>>52798786
Well, it IS silly to think that Caine could stand up to something capable of destroying entire universes.

Those "vampfags" are obvious red flags at this point.
>>
Speaking of vampfags.

Hey there was a vampfag here the other week that wanted to make a day walker bloodline. I got a idea of how to implement it.

Have their Blessing and Bane be synced.

Bloodline gift: When the sun begins to rise the vampire may spend 1 vitae to suppress the beast allowing him to ignore the call of daysleep and the lethargic condition. furthermore while the beast is suppressed the vampire's blood potency is treated as 0, allowing them to walk in daylight once more.

Bloodline bane: Suppressing the beast comes at a great cost. While walking in day the vampire is limited to spending their Stamina in vitae for the entire day and may only spend 1 vitae per turn.
Furthermore when the beast is suppressed it takes the vampire's humanity with it. During any day the vampire stays awake as well as the following night, the vampire's humanity for the purposes of banes is reduced by the same amount their vampire's blood potency was reduced by. (For example a blood potency 4 vampire with 6 humanity is treated as having 2 humanity for banes.)
>>
>>52796189
So Beast: Conquering Heroes is out. Anyone read it? Is it as dogshit as expected?
>>
>>52798888
>Is it as dogshit as expected?

Does a Predator King shit in the woods?
>>
>>52797570
Bullshit, to become a mage you have to live to 30 without sex, To become one of your precious archmages you probably cant even look at porn less you taint your purity and loose all your wizardry power.

Its written into the rules you fool
>>
>>52797730
You heal it back in Vtm assuming they give you a lick. Now if they dont their either a prick, or a Giovanni in which case your probably already related to them and you have worse issues to deal with
>>
>>52798887
You Could make it like the Gaki of vtm past where while yes you could walk in daylight without issue, every time you slept you had to deal with nightmares trying to outright murder you.
>>
>>52799156
You forgot the most important part:
-you can´t masturbate. Ever.
Found out soon after my 30th birthday.

>tfw 33 years old virgin and not a mage
>>
>>52799273
I'm asexual. I cut off my junk long ago.

Still not a mage.
>>
>>52799320
>I'm asexual.
There, I just found your problem.
>>
>>52798232
Invictus book for 1ed mentions that many vampires keep their attitudes from when they were alive. Regarding staying up to date with their time - invictus hires consultants to explain how modern technology works.
This probably causes a lot of really old people on the internet
>Childe! What is this place and why does everyone call each other something-fag?
>This is normal honorific for them sire.
>Let us try adopting this attitude here in elysium
>>
>>52784348

What the fuck? If your characters are playing Mages like nice-guy superheros you need to run them harder and closer towards death until they start making moral compromises or fucking die. If they're never forced to confront either side of the coin, desperation or hubris, then it isn't world of darkness, it's just world of o-k. Fucking kill your player's characters if they get an attitude like this.
>>
>>52799427
Ech if players want it and he as a ST still has fun what's the point?
>>
File: 1485947290273.jpg (117KB, 381x758px) Image search: [Google]
1485947290273.jpg
117KB, 381x758px
>>52799470
He says he's been trying to get his players to feel something and it sure sounds like they don't. The way he makes it out, it sounds like he's just settled for his players being soulless unempathetic monsters rather than taking a moment and forcing their face against the screen to show them life isn't that easy.
>>
>>52799491
Yeah I reread what he said and this guys do seem kinda dense about their worldview.

I'm kinda lucky my players agree on what kind of games we want to play more or less
>>
>>52798814
>capable of destroying entire universes.

No they fucking cannot do that. Whatsoever. Yyou can't reach that far at all.
>>
I'm scared to respond to the above. Not sure if bait.

Maybe I just shouldn't.
>>
>>52797544

Arisen.
They have had ages to practice.
>>
>>52799639
Every post on here is indirectly a bait comment, you realize.
>>
>>52797624

>Sex with a Daeva would be entirely safe, just don't do it more than once.

Why?
>>
>>52799675
The Daeva become obsessive over mortals if they indulge too much. It's the cliché of 'Vampire Romance' and a very dangerous factor in their lives.
>>
File: 1463656706266.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463656706266.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>52799427
>>52799491
Different guy, but trying out 2e Mage, I've found that the difference between "barely a challenge" and "You all fucking die, no save" is paper thin in 2nd Ed.

If you only try to escalate steadily as a GM, your players would never have cause to take things seriously.

Personally, while I can see that the seers in some ways operate in alignment with human nature, jesus christ I do think of them as the literal worst human beings imaginable, pathetic shitsacks OOC. Like, I feel I did them justice in game as a GM, but I'm not sure I could make a character who would ever be tempted into the seers save by virtue of not knowing what their deal is. I merely have to have faith that someone else can imagine a person who might have that degree of moral inversion.

They are disgusting, barely-human roaches and if there wasn't a truce going I would torch them on sight. Vampires are in a very similar vein: No such thing as a good vampire, since any good vampire either waits out the next sunrise, or spends a couple weeks trying to make sure they bring as many others out there with them as possible.

The line of "sellouts who go out into the world to make it a worse place because of their own greed and cowardice" so thoroughly describes, axiomatically, what I believe are the worst type of people. I would let a half dozen mass murderers walk free if they were the type to do it 'just because' in order to tear apart one such person.
>>
>>52799693

What, some kind of supernatural yandere?
>>
>>52799639
Just leave you smarmy weenie.
>>
>>52799720
Kinda. Not really. Werewolves would be yandere.
Likewise mages are entirely tsundere.
For the knot.
>>
>>52799718
>Vampires are in a very similar vein: No such thing as a good vampire, since any good vampire either waits out the next sunrise, or spends a couple weeks trying to make sure they bring as many others out there with them as possible.
Personally, I don't think you can have a valid moral code that demands your suicide.
>>
File: Forces 9.jpg (67KB, 755x388px) Image search: [Google]
Forces 9.jpg
67KB, 755x388px
>>52799619
>>
>>52798566
I'm not saying there aren't. But the rank and file generally do not know about them, and your character isn't always going to be a Lost expert.
>>
>>52798528
Changeling blood is, as someone said, probably most like MDMA. It grants "real" emotions to the vampire, predominately associated with the court of the Changeling in question. The stronger their Mantle, the more potent the effect.

I can't remember which book (there are a lot, and it could've been either Vamp or Lost) but it mentioned blood bonds/pledges between the two; the vampire gets to experience emotions they haven't felt since the embrace, and the changeling gets an addictive drug that doesn't cause clarity drops every time.
>>
File: 1467494923351.png (109KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
1467494923351.png
109KB, 500x272px
>>52799766
Their existence requires them to cause untold suffering to others, and unlike human beings in general and their livestock, all evidence points to the notion that this will never allow them to improve the lives of those they torment and consume.

Consider that with all their eternal life, supposed wisdom, and super-human capabilities and resilience, we would expect vampires to have become the world's greatest inventors by now. Instead, if you pay any attention to the fate of vampire elders, it is pretty clear that you are very unlikely to retain your ambitions to be a good person over time, or improve the world in any way. In fact, it is tremendously likely, given your condition, that you will actively change the world to make it a much worse place by continuing to live. So you should choose to cease doing so.

I definitely intend to kill myself when I project reasonably confidence that I am more likely to make the world a worse place in future than I am to improve it. If more people subscribed to this notion, we would be in far less dire straights right now.

Staying alive as long as possible just because you are alive right now is a fucking pathetic raison d'etre
>>
>>52799806
I thought Requiem 2e dropped the idea of "vampires don't have real emotions"?
>>
File: DaveB Changelings.png (44KB, 1176x297px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB Changelings.png
44KB, 1176x297px
>>52799795
No, but these people go out of their to educate others less informed. If you have questions, you know where to go.
>>
>>52799823
It might have, I haven't really read it.

That's how it worked in 1e though. I guess now it would just be somewhat the same, just more potent emotion than replacing the lack of?
>>
>>52799823
Vampires are maggots, of course they have no real emotions to hold on to! Better to just let them burn and be done with it. It's a mercy.

>every Obrimos ever
>>
>>52799851
The only good part about the post is that it finally shuts up the retards who go "reeeeee faerie and time arcadia are the same"
>>
>>52799766
Also you would have to work hard as a vampire to commit suicide(other way then asking another vampire to wring your head off) this is kind moot point.
>>
>>52799854
Yup in 2ed vampires do not suffer any sort of emotional deadness. Changeling blood would probably amplify it
>>
File: emofgt.jpg (12KB, 279x400px) Image search: [Google]
emofgt.jpg
12KB, 279x400px
>>52799823
Yes, you are entirely correct. Vampires have gone full emo in 2e.

Happy?
>>
>>52799851
>taking daveb's assumptions as rule of law
>insinuating things like mass education, that aren't even in the post
magefags everyone
>>
>>52799881
>the eurofag returns

Crawl back to France you snail raping monster!
>>
>>52799881
How do apprentices learn if they're not educated?

Fuck off and die.
>>
File: 1448296624761.jpg (93KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448296624761.jpg
93KB, 640x640px
>>52799821
>I definitely intend to kill myself when I project reasonably confidence that I am more likely to make the world a worse place in future than I am to improve it.

I don't feel like I need to say anything. The irony and comedy coming out of the quotation are enough.
>>
>>52799891
i guess i am european because i can read english now?
all it says is that some select mages teach their apprentices (ie (in english): in no way implying mass education, given that mages keeping secrets is a central theme of the system)
>>
>>52799851
I can picture classrooms with lectures on the differences between the two Arcadias, and how not to make fatal mistakes when delving into the Hedge.
>>
>>52799897
teaching an apprentice !=
> these people go out of their to educate others less informed
>>
>>52799823
The idea that vampires are essentially going through the motions like incredibly sophisticated zombies is a good one with some good pathos. I always liked the theme that despite having infinite time and a new lease on life, you are unfortunately stuck in a sort of life-stasis that prevents you from becoming more than what you were in life (in terms of the content of your character anyway) and that ultimately the Beast is essentially just taking you and the tatters of your soul for a ride until it grows to big for your britches.
>>
>>52799881
>>52799904
>>52799913
>butthurt changeling faggot

Oh grow up, your splat isn't special. I can't wait til' 2e comes out and we discuss new ways to fuck fairy people over using Fate.
>>
>>52799910
Differences being one's a horrific hellhole you can actually get to, but don't want to.
And the other's the opposite.
>>
>>52799925
I love Mage best, but Changeling is a close second. Your posts read like you have brain damage. I can't wait until you stop posting.
>>
>>52799925
defending the theme of the world of darkness !=
>>butthurt changeling faggot
i dont play changeling because it invites the mentally ill retards who like to roleplay overly-dramatic and edgy centuries-long rape backstories
and weebs who like to roleplay as 12 year old girls and go b-but she was in arcadia for 100 years so she's really 112!
>>
>>52799939
>>52799945
in b4
>butthurt changeling faggot phoneposting
>>
>>52799945
I can tell without a doubt you have never ever played Changeling the Lost before. This is the type of shit someone who's read extensive criticism about the game would say, without actually ever trying to play the game.It'd be cute if it were ironic, but since it's genuine parroting it just comes off as sad.
>>
>>52799931
Supernal Arcadia is arguably more horrific considering you'd get deleted from existence entirely if you stepped foot in there, which is nearly impossible to begin with.

Think about it, your consciousness is gone for good. Not even an afterlife. Just non-existence. You never 'were'
It's one of the ultimate horrors when Masters attempt the Threshold Seeking, and most do in-fact fail.
>>
>>52799939
>>52799945
>butthurt changeling faggot phoneposting
>>
>>52799967
>I can tell without a doubt you have never ever played Changeling the Lost before.
I can tell without a doubt you have never ever played World of Darkness in a Multi-User setting.
>>
>>52799970
How eerie.
Makes you wonder if Archmastery is even worth the risks. It's a good example of how obsessive these super wizards are though.
>>
File: 1456995448312.jpg (267KB, 1141x849px) Image search: [Google]
1456995448312.jpg
267KB, 1141x849px
>>52799995
I've played more World of Darkness in MU settings than you ever will, given the sputtering state of the hobby.
>>
>>52799995
MUDs don't count, they're just extensions of AIM. Which isn't real
>>
>>52800021
>MUD

Retard, actual play only ever happens in MUX or MUSH.
>>
>>52799851
>DaveB to the rescue

YEAAAAAAHHHH GO MMMAAAGGGESS
>>
>>52799898
If you have no aspiration to make the world a better place, you are definitely part of the world's problems. I'm confident that my contributions made to improving diagnosis of Schistosomiasis will ultimately lead to drastic improvements in the quality of life of hundreds of thousands of people worldwide over my lifetime, allowing them to pursue education and employment rather than being a drain on the community around them. So I can rest on my laurels for a little bit, but if I didn't think I could do more, my existence would cease to hold any purpose, and in fact probably rapidly become a massive liability given that I have a 1st world lifestyle.

I'm thinking I'll go teach science for a few years in a disadvantaged region, since that seems to be a job open and available to me, and would slightly reduce some of the world's shittiness.

I am assuming your amusement stems from the idea that I won't have the force of will necessary to conquer my own survival instinct. You might be right in a straight fight, but I have the benefit of cunning over my reptile brain, I can go fight alongside the Kurds or assassinate a political figure I dislike at the time and get fucking annihilated that way if I can't manage to get myself dead in a direct fashion.

Simply going on living without performing maintenance or upgrades on the environment necessary to support that process makes you a leech.

I'm willing to bet you're one of those types with a personal philosophy that ultimately boils down to personal survival over all else: If the torture of every other sapient being in the entire universe was leveraged against your own life, you would just go on living in a universe filled with agony.

Honestly, the spookiest shit by far in WoD is that death isn't always the end, and/or can be rendered unreachable.
>>
File: supa niglet.jpg (125KB, 715x1117px) Image search: [Google]
supa niglet.jpg
125KB, 715x1117px
>>52800016
I guarantee that if you've been on a nWoD 1e MU game in the past 10 years, I've probably played with you, faggot.

Once I experienced the joys and drama of a court/consilium populated by 50 people all vying for positions of power, I could never go back to bland NPC storytelling.
>>
File: 96867858347567.jpg (150KB, 539x800px) Image search: [Google]
96867858347567.jpg
150KB, 539x800px
Daily reminder that no single splatnatural is a direct counter to any given mage.

Dig it.
>>
File: doubting thomas.jpg (89KB, 798x588px) Image search: [Google]
doubting thomas.jpg
89KB, 798x588px
>>52800060
Why do you need to be a splat when you could just be a mortal to unravel their spells? :^)
>>
>>52800060
>mages have no counter
>mages are everyone's counter

Yep, one of the reasons why I personally disown the game as a whole. Even anti-magic does nothing to them.
>>
>>52800070
Sorry no, Sleepers are like ants with stingers.

But Sleepers with cameras and phones? Fucking run. I WILL NOT BE RECORDED.
>>
File: red stick.jpg (175KB, 742x770px) Image search: [Google]
red stick.jpg
175KB, 742x770px
Why is it that Mages get such an elaborate extension on their template, re: archmastery?

Before the mages get all butthurt and start slinging >___fag, I'm just wondering. We never really get the dread ancient vampire book, or the werewolf near-spirit elder book, or the changeling turning-Fae book. Just a blurb of a character every now and then like pic related. What made mage the go-to splat for this? It's not like the borrowed eastern philosophies that fuel it are particularly interesting.
>>
File: 1456528209526.png (622KB, 805x606px) Image search: [Google]
1456528209526.png
622KB, 805x606px
>>52800056
I'm pretty sure we have played together at least once.

And I know exactly what you mean. There's nothing quite like the rush and engagement that you get from actual political machinations, in-depth character development and deep immersion. Unfortunately that sort of play comes pre-packaged with dramatic meltdowns, the worst sort of scum running the games, cheating, backbiting, and fetish indulgence imaginable. It has made me yearn for more solid tabletop experience.

I guess we've been playing around the same amount of time. I've seen the best and worst the Changeling game has to offer on MU. Every iteration of Darkwater, Haunted Memories, Reach, you name it. I will throw you a bone and say that the creepazoids you describe exist, but there's a lot more to be had out of the game line and I've enjoyed some of its highest points through MU play.
>>
>>52800084
Backlash was a mistake. Perils of the Warp is what made Dark Heresy interesting for spellcasters. Pretty bland to go "yeah I'll just take 3 bashing and sleep it off l m a o".
>>
File: 1447136741216.jpg (33KB, 637x383px) Image search: [Google]
1447136741216.jpg
33KB, 637x383px
>>52800050
You could not be any more pretentious or autistic. Please don't stop now. This is gold to read at 4AM.
>>
>>52800087
Because it's not appropriate to their respective themes.

More so, Methuselahs are not the Vampire equivalents of Archmasters according to the Devs. Super-werewolves are more like giant monsters and the True Fae only have a notable presence within the bounds of Arcadia.

Seekers can manipulate the entire world with a single goddamn Imperial Spell.
>>
File: 1177702892463.jpg (66KB, 446x300px) Image search: [Google]
1177702892463.jpg
66KB, 446x300px
>>52800113
If it floats your boat still, you might find interest in Fate's Harvest. New game that just started up.

Of course, it's already got a +census of about 100, so I'm sure every walk of life like us that's been floating around Hauntwater St. Petersreachcoast is there too.
>>
>>52800087
What makes you think the other gamelines even have potential playables worthy of confronting Archmages? These are metaphysical beings we're talking about here.

I can list a couple of Masters capable of combating Red Stick.
>>
>>52800163
>>52800141
jesus christ you people are autistic. He is talking about equivalent of what archmage is for mage for other splats not comparing said equivalent to archmage
>>
>>52800161
I might poke around now that you've pointed it out, but I'm pretty burned out on MU and I've enjoyed my time away too much to commit to more misery now. The same people kicking the same tires doesn't appeal as much after the twentieth time. I am a sucker who takes watching any game I come to like circle the toilet as it inevitably does in year or two personally. I appreciate the heads up all the same.

It is nice to know my peers are hanging around threads like these, though. If I do log in, will I see you there?
>>
>>52800163
Nobody's talking about combat between splats, baitposter. Just lore. You know, the other 80 pages to Imperial Mysteries.
>>
File: 1406531555844.png (32KB, 591x275px) Image search: [Google]
1406531555844.png
32KB, 591x275px
>>52800070
Being a mortal outperforming splats at their own game (Detect supernaturals better than the Beast because I read it off of their clothes, fight angels better than the Demon using abjuration and auto-damage grapples, talk to people better than the Mastigos by just genuinely being likeable and good at talking) in a multi-splat game has already been a fucking meme, I can't wait until we end up fighting Mages and I can just stare their precious arcane efforts into dust while punching them sort of hard but not very.

My major issues will be once they penetrate my elaborate disguise as someone who clearly has a supernatural template and realise that I am actually the source of the scene's paradox and I can't actually see magic intrinsically.

It's going to get real difficult. I've been considering trying to get my mitts on some magic glasses or something, but there's no goblin market in the setting and the mage equivalent of such a thing would fucking explode from me being a sleeper.
>>
File: heh.png (28KB, 358x304px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
28KB, 358x304px
>>52800197
There's nothing in the lore to suggest that these beings equate to Archmages. Not even close.
>>
>>52800195
Much like you, I'm burned. However, this caught my eye:

They give you the option of starting with up to 900xp, and encourage Wyrd 6+ gameplay, which other games were VERBOTEN about. Not sure if that's playing out, but it looks like they want to encourage people to go nuts and lose their shit.
>>
File: 1182149814112.gif (2KB, 200x166px) Image search: [Google]
1182149814112.gif
2KB, 200x166px
>>52800207
>>
File: 1410393181557.png (913KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1410393181557.png
913KB, 680x680px
>>52800087
We did get a Changeling-turning-Fae book though, Equinox Road. I've seen a PC start become a true fae during play even and actually utilise their true fae abilities to solve problems. They're easier to play than Archmages, and about as easy to become.

There's been statted examples of what the disciplines AND gifts do if you amp them beyond 5, and Elder-woofs and Elder-vampires tend to be
a) Much more personal transitions, there's not really much of a rule as to what type of creature they become
and
b) Really not wildly outside the existing rules for entities in the setting, unlike True Fae and Archmages.
>>
File: jesus christ.jpg (39KB, 365x375px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ.jpg
39KB, 365x375px
>>52800217

Well, maybe I will swing by to just watch the trainwreck, pal. What sort of lovecraftian fetish-horrors will be wrought by our good friends who always wanted to try triple-kithing their Parliament of Victors hyper-ogres?
>>
>>52800248
Disciplines don't go above 5 dots, but Elder Devotions sure do seem like it.

The most powerful Devotion was comparable to four dots of Fate. The Dark Decree.
>>
>>52800262
Worth mentioning that Dark Decree has a stupidly high requirement and just isn't worth it. Created by a Methuselah too lazy to even exist.
>>
File: 1461139657055.jpg (10KB, 181x182px) Image search: [Google]
1461139657055.jpg
10KB, 181x182px
>>52800250
>log in, everyone in the break room has SL in their short-description

Did not disappoint.
>>
>>52800334
Typical WoD game. :^) I think they're using the GMC/2e version of it though so I hope they're not all hot models.
>>
>>52799789
Holy fuck that's powerful. That's bordering on the levels of DC/Marvel.
>>
File: 1461104943934.png (202KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1461104943934.png
202KB, 500x375px
>>52800350
>I hope they're not all hot models.

You know better.
>>
>>52800372
I want to make a character played by John Pinette with Striking Looks (Fat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51rHWly7sHA

What should my Kiths be?
>>
>>52800395
Gargantuan and Gristlegrinder of course.
>>
File: eye.jpg (11KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
11KB, 240x200px
>>52800334
this bothered me a lot in nWoD games when Striking Looks was just attractiveness, now though, the CofD book makes you specify a skill and says
>Striking Looks could just as easily be called Sex Appeal, Bruiser, or Trustworthy, and give the exact same game advantages. Consider renaming Merits to help further define your character.
i doubt they have every instance of what players can think of, so i hope they are just calling it Striking Looks out of convenience. it is a changeling game, i imagine everyone to be striking in some form or fashion especially if it is high wyrd
>>
I swear it's the same person in every thread asking bait questions like "how many true fae would it take to kill an arch master" or "how many dots of Mind do I need to mind-control my GM and steal his gf"

just don't acknowledge or respond to it
>>
File: wizfrog.jpg (24KB, 281x283px) Image search: [Google]
wizfrog.jpg
24KB, 281x283px
>>52800947
>how many dots of Mind do I need to mind-control my GM and steal his gf
>not using Force to take his gf from him
Might need some Life magic too, because she'll be dry from his beta attempts.
>>
>>52800060
The counter to mage players is poison.
>>
>>52800947
We're more like a collective than an individual. Like the Borg.

>We are Magefags. You will acknowledge our supremacy. Resistance is futile
>>
File: magetheists.jpg (122KB, 632x413px) Image search: [Google]
magetheists.jpg
122KB, 632x413px
>>52800947
>>
>>52799789
This is why I hate MotA and the Arch-Spheres in general.
The universe as we know it wouldn't conceivably exist with such individuals at large.

Imperial Mysteries handled it better with the unseen cold war barely keeping the world's powers from tearing it apart.
>>
Anyone up to offer advice for my LARP game?
>>
>>52800981
To Mage players, or Mage player characters?

Because poison can be counteracted by one or two dots in Matter, Life, and Time for sure, and maybe other Arcana if you get creative.
>>
Tips for good discussion in WoD thread.

I. Block all post with the word mage in it.
II. Sit back and read autists free post.
III.???
IV. Profit.
>>
>>52800947
It's just sadists who like tormenting the type of people who literally cannot help themselves; those on the vampire-autism spectrum do not have the ability to NOT react to it.

/wodg/'s magewank is a hobby like camping at the top of a wheelchair ramp staying ready to kick chairs might be.
>>
File: cofdwodg.png (214KB, 591x1017px) Image search: [Google]
cofdwodg.png
214KB, 591x1017px
>>52801145
>>
>>52801079
what an impressive beard on his neck
>>
>>52801145
So they're just humongous douchebags
>>
>>52801110
WHAT DID I WRITE, NIGGER?
>>
>>52801145
Your analogy is fucking amazing
>>
File: hugh mungus.png (109KB, 333x386px) Image search: [Google]
hugh mungus.png
109KB, 333x386px
>>52801172
>>
>>52801145
Behind the keyboards it's probably closer to autistics bullying women, who will defend vampire superiority in absolutely any topic including warm-bloodedness, as this kind of weird gender tic they have programmed into them.

As a werefag it's hard to call anyone on their shit, though. Our groups and communities are the absolute indisputable worst.
>>
>>52799718

Possible "Sympathetic" Seers

Dupe who doesn't know what's what, I actually had a character who had that as backstory

Someone who got fucked hard by pentacle politics/policy and didn't want to go it alone, or has a grudge against the group that fucked them.

that's about it.

>>52800250

IT'S AWWWIGHT!
>>
>>52801263
Vampires: Goth women of all shapes and sizes
Werewolves: Furfags
Mages: Autists
Changelings: Rape-fetishists (receiving)
Prometheans: ???
Geists: Red-Headed Stepchildren
Demons: Schizophrenics
Mummies: Brendan Frasier's Wife
Beast: Autistic Otherkin Rapists
>>
>>52801177
Well, Mage players, but poison isn't the only way to kill a Mage player, who is just a person playing a Mage character. You could just shoot them, or stab them, or hire a fat prostitute to sit on their face and they would be just as dead. Same goes for the players of other games.
>>
>>52801583
What if they all secretly want to be smothered to death by fat prostitutes?
>>
File: 1447454750677.jpg (477KB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
1447454750677.jpg
477KB, 2063x3131px
If I want to find some group of people to play VtM or VtR online with, in a community that's not completely overwhelmed with faggots and eRP/emo shits, what site would you recommend, /wodg/? Oh and preferably something that has a decent poop of EU players because fuck fucking up my own sleep cycle just so I could play with people.
>>
>>52801665
>secretly
Fat chance.
>>
>>52801694
Either try to get your friends into it or go to a game store and try to make friends who are already into it. Beyond that all you can really do is sift through garbage hoping you'll luck out.
>>
>>52799921
Personally, I absolutely fucking hate it with a passion and refuse on principle to ever play a character for whom that applies.
>>
>>52801893

If I had friends who were into this sort of thing, I'd ask them. Sadly, they aren't. And also, I only have a few friends to begin with, not nearly enough for a group.

>go to a game store

That's my last resort. See, I'm 30 years old. I feel like scouting out people for that kind of game would be all sorts of creepy.
>>
>>52801374
Vampire fans are all rape fetishists, Camarilla of the milder ""dubcon"" variety who sometimes don't even realize that's what appeals to them about it (daddy issues optional but usually packaged for some reason), while Sabbat are the out-and-out brutal violence and sometimes guro variety. The difference in the players is the shame level.
>>
>>52801937
I agree. There isn't really space for such character to grow in any way other than going crazy.
>>
>>52802103
I admit that while my fetishes all involve everyone enjoying it, I do have a certain thing for vampire/ghoul relations where consent is a foggy concept at best due to the blood bond. No daddy issues, though; no men involved at all.
>>
>>52801950
Nigga get over yourself and go to a game store. It's a fucking store for games, the people there are probably looking for games and groups to play with. You'll be in good company. Maybe ask the staff if he knows about anybody looking for a player or is interested in making a group.

I mean if you actually know how to talk to people and don't just walk up to them going "Hey, kid wanna play some games?" then you should be fine.
>>
>>52802373

I know how to talk to people, I guess I'm just nervous around strangers for the first time around, that's all.
>>
>>52802434
Gotta start somewhere, fag.
>>
>>52800643

I've outright required, in my games, that players include a one word descriptor like that. Striking Looks (Grizzled) or Striking Looks (Alluring), etc.; the word someone would use to describe the character's appearance if asked.

I've gotten at least one Striking Looks (Strikng).

>>52799718

Something I liked about one description of the Seers is that they're sorta-kinda an analogy for people who are aware of the problems of a privileged existence and who aren't willing to divert their attention to trying to fix the disparity.

For example, odds are good that the shirt you're wearing right now is made from cotton in an underdeveloped nation with shitty labour laws that pays shitty wages to people living in shitty conditions. You're probably also aware of this problem.

You COULD make the effort to look for an ethical shirt provider; do the research and such. But you don't. And this isn't just an accusation at you; I didn't either. Ethical consumption is exhaustingly time-consuming and most people would rather spend their time having fun than making sure that the capitalist system we all live under actually treats people properly.

It's easy to pretend that isn't happening in exchange for more convenience and happiness.

The low level Seers of the Throne aren't that different. The world has secret masters. They're responsible for the world as you see it today. You're special; one of the elect whom they've chosen to lift above the masses. Best of all, they want to give you money and fame and power, and all it costs you is marginal effort. You bribe politicians, you conceal evidence, and generally do what your bosses tell you.

And as time goes by and you realize why you've been doing all this, well... Assuming you care enough to be bothered by it - after all, you just put a big donation in the pocket of that douche's political campaign; it was the idiots on the street who chose to believe him - you can justify it to yourself a whole number of ways.
>>
Extremely random complaint about Masquerade's Dark Ages: Arnulf Jormungandrsson completely screwed the pooch when it came to spreading the Setite faith in Scandinavia. If you just ease back on the snake fetish, the religion is extremely compatible with Norse beliefs, particularly if you frame the mainlanders as the hand of the Aeons, which is more or less true anyway.
>>
>no new books ever
>>
>>52803445

Starting to feel that way. I want me some Signs of Sorcery.
>>
>>52803445

What are you talking about? Aren't WW gearing up to launch a new version of oWoD? I figure new books are gonna come out then. God knows when that's scheduled for though.
>>
>>52803691
I'd really love that.
>>
>>52803691
>WW
I thought all the authors are at Onyx Path now?
>>
>>52803445
This.

>>52803691
>>52803761
Aren´t they going to make everybody play as 14th or 15th generations and get rid of the older gens?
>>
>>52803691

Why on Earth would you want anything from nuWW? Like... Have you seen who is in charge? Does the guy who basically bought the line so he could make his LARP fan-fiction canon inspire ANY confidence?

This is the company that hired a serial harasser to make the very first new material for their IP - unless you count the fucking slot machines - whose introduction for the world to their new product has a scene where a character talks fondly of rimming a dismembered ass. Or the trans-woman taxi driver (who, coincidentally, had the same name as a trans-woman critic of the writer) that talks lovingly about her penis and offers free handjobs and kills Trump supporters.

What part of ANY of this inspires confidence? Good grief.

>>52803786

The IP got bought by Paradox, which created a new White Wolf Publishing that is taking over the oWoD stuff. It is... Pretty awful.
>>
>>52803786

White Wolf, now a subsidiary of Paradox Interactive, owns the WoD IP is doing the new edition of oWoD in-house.
>>
>>52803786
Nah, they are going to have their own writers, like the amazing guy from the new game.
>>
Sorcerers' Crusade will be 20 years in 2018. Will we get anything?
>>
>>52803824
>This is the company that hired a serial harasser to make the very first new material for their IP - unless you count the fucking slot machines - whose introduction for the world to their new product has a scene where a character talks fondly of rimming a dismembered ass. Or the trans-woman taxi driver (who, coincidentally, had the same name as a trans-woman critic of the writer) that talks lovingly about her penis and offers free handjobs and kills Trump supporters.

To be fair the only difference between the brand of dimwit of Zak and David Hill is that the former crossed the legal line.
>>
>>52803691
>Aren't WW gearing up to launch a new version of oWoD?
Yeah, and anybody who knows anything about Dracula knows that it's going to be terrible.
>>
>>52803859

Probably not, One World of Darkness (should? might? could be?) will be in full force by then.
>>
>>52804045
Why? Should I just forget about oWoD entirely?
>>
>>52804079
>Why?
Google Martin Elricsson. The short and skinny of it is that he's a vamp larpfag who is also a cringe-tier writer and the guy spearheading One World of Darkness, but if you read his interviews you'll see that it's all far from promising.

I wouldn't forget about oWoD entirely, but I also wouldn't get my hopes up for its future.
>>
>>52804079
just play v20 and ignore gehenna
>>
>>52803824

>Why on Earth would you want anything from nuWW?

I said and implied nothing of the sort.

I just pointed out there's going to be new books done by White Wolf at one point.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Onyx Path either, so you're barking up the wrong tree here. Both WW and OPP can be absolutely retarded when it comes to writing.
>>
>>52797603
Are you saying having sex with a Sin-Eater that has the Geist of a pornstar wouldn't be a better option? It's not like you have to hear what that Geist is saying, but that Sin-Eater will get all those disturbingly graphic details to please you.
>>
>>52803975

Nah, I'd say they're pretty different. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Hill or his writing either - Hurt Locker is a train wreck - but I consider someone who actively tries to victimize people a whole 'nother kind of stupid.

>>52804175

To each their own. I like OPP most of the time, but nobody bats a hundred. White Wolf is looking to be actively shit, though.
>>
>>52804491

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna give WW any leeway either. If they turn out to be shit, then I'll call them shit. At which point anyway, I'll just ignore the general for a while, because it's gonna get steamy in here with all the venting of rage. But yeah, them arguing with fans in the comment section of the trailer for their documentary doesn't bode well.
>>
>>52804517

I think we're past the "turn out to be" stage, but that's just me. They'd have to d a hard 180 to change course now.

As an aside: What qualities would you give Perfected Bronze?
>>
>>52804569

I have no idea what that means. Sorry, my main two splats are Demon and Vampire, with the odd dabbling into Wraith, but mostly for the fluff.
>>
So, logically speaking, as far as I can tell, it should be pretty easy to not die of old age ever in Mage. I think that reversing the decay of your telomeres, in fact, should only be Life 4; it wouldn't make you never age again, but you could keep recasting it to never get any older. It might take a different spell to undo the changes that aging already inflicted on you, but biologically speaking, it seems... well, challenging, but very far from impossible.
>>
>Lie of the Heart:The Knight avoids any magic spells in an area.
>Flagellant's Denial: The Knight injures himself, summoning a demon which prevents all magic from being cast.
>Magpie Mysteries: The Knight cuts off a mage's access to one of their Mysteries.
>Demon King of Nothing: The Knight merges a demon to a mage, causing the mage to gain Paradox on all magic used.
>Envy's Barb: The Knight conjures a demon that soaks up magic, effectively countering a spell.

How exactly can magefags even compare?
>>
>>52805044
What is this from?
>>
>>52803786
The only thing anyone should be considering from nuWW is the Werewolf game.

The books are going to be shit, trying to liberalize a 90s stereotypical RPG line. Just buy X20, put some black tape over Onyx Path's stupid gender studies page, and pray the video game is half as good as Bloodlines was.
>>
>>52805085
I believe those are from the Knights' of St George bag of Abyssal tricks, from Witch Finders.
>>
>>52805085
Knights of Saint George

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Goetic_Gospels
>>
File: BJZanzibarsWorldOfDarkness.png (160KB, 605x476px) Image search: [Google]
BJZanzibarsWorldOfDarkness.png
160KB, 605x476px
I'm just gonna make my own WoD with blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>52805099
Why is this worrisome? Werewolf was always pretty hard-left.
>>
>>52804851

Aging is waaaay more complicated than just telomere length. It has a great deal to do with balances between self-rejuvenating aspects of systems and the controlled senescence of those systems to prevent tumor development. Monkeying with that using Life is a fast trip to cancer town... Which you can then cure with Life, but it's no guarantee you'll be youthful.

I mean, you could use Life spells to protect yourself from aging just by casting a simple Patterning spell, but, generally speaking, old age isn't what most Mages die from. Immortality isn't THAT difficult, but not getting murdered by poking about in the Mysteries is.
>>
>>52797672
>he doesn't want to make a werewolf bitch howl during sex

what kind of faggot are you? plus the only ones that probably smell are the tribes you'd expect to smell like shit, all the males probably just smell like musk, and that's kinda hot too.
>>
>>52805124
Honestly, I'm much less afraid of death than I am of aging, so that doesn't seem like such a bad trade.
>>
>>52805137
Er, to clarify, I meant that the issue of immortality being easier than not getting eaten by mysteries wasn't such a bad trade. I didn't mean that I wanted to live in Cancertown.
>>
>>52805137

It's one of the things about Thyrsus, really; they tend to look youthful and healthy no matter how old they are because they tend to eat well, exercise, and cast a shit-ton of Life magic on themselves. By the time a Thyrsus looks old, she's some badass 160-year-old great-great-great grandmother who can turn you into a chicken with an angry squint.

That's assuming she lives long enough, of course.

Mages follow the maxim of Bartholomew Roberts; a merry life and a short one. Or, at least half of it, anyway.
>>
>>52805108
>my own WoD with blackjack and hookers

Welcome to the Seers of the Throne.
>>
>>52797040
I'm building a 1e mage legacy that controls fresh blood and can consume it to heal damage. Its already better than a vampire because it doesn't explode in the fucking sun.
>>
>>52805108

Not with that licensing agreement you're not.
>>
File: DoktorTötentanz.png (1MB, 843x1090px) Image search: [Google]
DoktorTötentanz.png
1MB, 843x1090px
>>52797737
Sometimes you get fancy racist vampires like this!
>>
>>52805107
These guys are Hunters?

Funnily enough demon summoners sound like the kind of thing one would hunt.
>>
>>52805439
Witch Finders is, de facto, the "evil hunter" book, more or less. Of the four groups detailed there, only the Keepers of the Source manage to sometimes avoid being complete assholes (the other three being a Seer's assassination squad, a magic-stealing human sacrifice cabal, and the aforementioned Abyss cultists), and it seems that hunting "witches" brings out the worst in other hunters as well.
>>
>>52799333
Yeah, its about eschewing your natural urges, if you remove them, the temptation, and therefore the power, all goes away.
>>
>>52805044
>The only way mages can do things is to have active magic spells going on around them

Lol how's his entitlement work with c4 teleported into your home while you're away?
>>
>>52805401
Holy shit wtf
>>
>>52805525
Understatement was not old White Wolf's strong suit.
>>
>>52799945
Can confirm having run or participated in no less than 4 year+ long Changeling LARPs
>>
>>52805563
>Changeling larp

This is a unique brand of retarded because of the complications of mask and mien.
>>
>>52800205
All you need to do is join a blog and become one of the Plain
>>
In nWoD, what is the skill check to actually ride an animal?
Dexterity + Animal Ken?
>>
>>52805746
That's what I'd use in modern games. Some historical settings replace Drive with Ride.
>>
>>52805122
Hippie left is not the same as the modern regressive left.

For a good example on the leftist viewpoints of Werewolf 20:
Black Furies
>At its core, this tribe is about feminism, and feminism is not about hating men. Feminism is about equality for women, and that means disassembling the patriarchy, but not hating men.

Bone Gnawers
>being poor is hard, though it's harder for people of color, and stories about Bone Gnawers should reflect that. Most poor people aren't that way by choice, and stories about Bone Gnawers should reflect that too. Bone Gnawers are looked down upon by the other tribes for all the same reasons that poor people are looked down upon by the more affluent. Most of us have some amount of privilege

Stargazers
>This tribe is based on Eastern philosophies, and as such, comes with a lot of stereotype baggage. Asian people have often been the targets of racism and oppression. There are still people alive today who were forced into internment camps here in the United States during World War II.

Silent Striders
>White Wolf's treatment of the Rom is very problematic. All of their source material from all of their games serves to reinforce the romanticized "gypsy" stereotype that permeates our culture. It is a racist stereotype that erases so much of the suffering that these people have endured, and continue to endure around the world to this day.

Uktena/Wendigo
>present me with a character that is authentic and respectful. Please refrain from relying on stereotypes of the wise and mysterious shaman, or the white-hating 'brave'. Develop a working knowledge of Native American and tribal history

Fianna
>everything's fine :^)

http://fta.darcness.net/wiki/index.php/Applications:_Werewolf
>>
>>52803975
Actually, Zak never crossed the legal line, at least not in any way that left actionable evidence. No evidence, no crime.
>>
>>52805897

>Hippie left is not the same as the modern regressive left

"Regressive left" is a term people use when they never bothered to learn politics until someone made them feel bad on the internet. It's all the same shit and it's nothing new.
>>
>>52805897
This is pretty consistent with the tribebooks I've read, so I'm still not seeing the issue; the only one I haven't read is the Silent Striders one, but you have to admit that White Wolf's track record with the Roma has been pretty awful.
>>
>>52805826
Thank you.
>>
>>52805923
Stop it Zak. We know it's you.
>>
>>52805923

Pretty much. There's no law against saying "someone should do something about this, if you know what I mean". You can't prove in a court of law that his fans didn't act all on their own every time he'd gripe about his enemies or whenever someone critiqued him on the internet. Which makes him an enabler at best, of course, but that's enough deniability for his fans and friends.
>>
>>52805897

These all seem pretty good advice, to be honest. Like... oWoD had an entire splatbook about stereotyping the Roma. Going through and trying to unravel a little of that seems like a good idea when trying to make an update.
>>
>>52805982

Remember when Zak pretended to be the RPGnet historian on Reddit for years to promote his own works and trash his enemies and only got caught when We Eat Blood came out?
>>
>>52805542
It's cringey as fuck. Is there a word to describe being embarrassed on somebody else's behalf? Cause whenever I'm at my local gaming club and see people in their 40's reminiscing fondly over this shit I'm embarrassed just to be in the same room with them.
>>
>>52805944
>I dont like the words people use to describe my views, so you're stupid if you use that lingo!

Whatever loser.
>>
>>52806065

The word you're looking for is "fremdschämen".
>>
File: 1337221059794.png (53KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1337221059794.png
53KB, 500x464px
The Technocracy shows up in NWoD to put the magefags in their place what happens?
>>
>>52805588
Its one of the best games for LARPing, you get fantastical costumes which are just minor weird details at lower wyrd. You've go the politics angle of the courts. Hell you can even do hedge adventures or monster of the week if you are really feeling lazy for plots. Its got a huge amount of space to run things in, and a hits a large number of different points that people enjoy about LARPing. The whole mask/mein thing never really comes up. If you aren't into costuming you are just dressing to your mask.
>>
>>52805982
Just because you blindly buy into a hate train with no legal standing doesn't mean the rest of us do. That doesn't mean both Hill and Zach aren't trash people tho.
>>
>>52806158
Nothing, because Consensual Reality has been tossed out the window and Mages no longer suffer Paradox unless they over Reach or do their thing in front of Sleepers.

How would their super science even work? It was just their delusions given power by their own Consensus, and as I said that shit isn't a thing anymore.
>>
>>52806158
Their entire MO collapses immediately, because it's impossible to define reality without archmastery in nWoD. Either they become a less effectual version of the Seers, or they grudgingly join the Free Council.
>>
So, I've got some people interested in doing Alien: The Stranded. Would /tg/ be interested in someone trying to give "real play" anecdotes?

Links:

Game
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-fPVMwMZdnrJZiJkUVIYKCHTQnfmq0fiLqUhlLBGif4/edit

Character Sheet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7vdpwhAJGx8bmotRFZxZk9LU1U/view

>>52801937

It's not that they don't feel anymore, it's that their feelings are deadened compared to when they were alive.

>>52803227

The Seers aren't passive, though.

They are an Active Force in making the world shitty in a variety of ways. They're not as successful as they pretend to be, but they do make a difference.

>>52803824
>>52803975

At least Zak's work is entertainingly bad. Dave is just shit.

>>52805475
Sounds like a Job for VASCU.

For people without access to Slashers, VASCU are FBI Psychic-Hunters who hunt other Hunters, because they're basically serial killers

>>52805897

PUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKEEEEEE

Also, I thought the Striders were Egyptian.
>>
>>52806236
>Also, I thought the Striders were Egyptian.
They also have some times to the Roma, probably because of the whole 'no home country' thing.
Embraced Roma could actually feed on kinfolk/werewolves of their same (non-vamp) blood line type thing to get access to level one and two gifts. Like Master of Fire.
>>
>>52806158
Made to bite the curb in any city they storm in less than two days.
>>
>>52806236
>It's not that they don't feel anymore, it's that their feelings are deadened compared to when they were alive.
I still despise it. I want to be able to choose how my own character feels, thanks, not to mention that character drama loses a fair bit of impact when you're dealing with so many other people who are also dead inside.
>>
>>52806203
I don't care much about either of them, to be honest. Both of them write things I dislike, and while Zak's a major asshole, Dave Hill's a filthy commie.
>>
>>52806162
Yeah like I said, retarded, it's obvious you don't understand how to play CtL and I feel sorry for you LARPers who don't really understand the fundamental portions of the game.
>>
>>52806083

>Implying they're my views

Not my fault you didn't bother to learn about politics before you got mad on the internet about them.
>>
>>52806297
Whatever, loser.
>>
>>52806235
Free Council wouldn't have them. Neither would any of the other Orders, for that matter.
>>
>>52806290
Which part am I missing? Because the intricate interactions of 20+ paranoid crazy abused people under loose political leanings with varied goals and attempts to reclaim their lives or embrace new ones sounds like the game to me.
>>
>>52806236

Who said anything about passive? When you buy into the systems that harm and oppress people, you're an active participant. Whether you give money to a shitty company or to a shitty politician, you're supporting those systems either way.

The Seers are active in the same way you are; the same way I am. They bought into a system that grinds people into the dirt. The higher they rise in that system, the more dirt-grinding they're responsible for.

Evil is, by and large, remarkably banal.

>>52806265

Seconded. So glad 2e got rid of that stupid bullshit.
>>
>>52806331
>Who said anything about passive? When you buy into the systems that harm and oppress people, you're an active participant. Whether you give money to a shitty company or to a shitty politician, you're supporting those systems either way.
This is why I don't vote. Participating in such a corrupt system makes you responsible for it. Not to mention with the way turnout works encouraging non-voting is statically more likely and more effective at making change than getting everyone to vote anyway.
>>
>>52806203

Just because he can't be caught legally doesn't mean you shouldn't being up what's on him. He either can't control his fans or just lets his fans stalk by giving them targets, he's earned the ire.
>>
>>52806324
You all forgot the important part of the game is navigating the human world and keep a grip on that. Neverminding the fact that it's a template power to spend glamour to harden your mask, which you cant do easily in LARP, but the creativity for your actual mien will be hamstringed because of your costuming.

>le nutty abuse victims XDD

Just the icing on the cake here.
>>
>>52806352

Yeah, I disagree. I'd say that a non-action is also an action, and that refusal to try and effect change is still an acceptance of the system as-is. Unless you're starting your own political party or getting directly involved with one to try and change it, etc., your non-action just empowers those who do act by giving them a popular mandate and a veneer of acceptance by the public.

We're all pieces of shit. Fighting the good fight is ridiculously difficult.
>>
>>52806383
I really don't understand why people think its his responsibility to control anyway. That's a pretty retarded idea, and not actually how the world works.
>>
>>52806386
It's a moot point. Not like the popular vote is anything more than a formality at this point anyway.
>>
>>52806385
>You all forgot the important part of the game is navigating the human world and keep a grip on that. Neverminding the fact that it's a template power to spend glamour to harden your mask, which you cant do easily in LARP, but the creativity for your actual mien will be hamstringed because of your costuming.
This is literally all present in basic LARP play... Not that you know anything about it other than making up accusations.

And the costuming isn't a as big a deal as you think. Its not like werewolves dress in fur suits. Its 'Mind's Eye' theater. You use costuming to suggest more fantastical elements and use tags for what doesn't. You still are just ultimately describing what you look like using words. Its good to know you know nothing about LARP and can be ignored tho.
>>
>>52806418

If it were, there wouldn't be so many people trying to control, suppress, and manipulate it.

>>52806415

Zak, please go
>>
>>52806465
>Zak, please go
This meme is the best indication of why you can't take the claims of anything being done by Zak seriously. His detractors like to claim everyone who possibly disagrees with them or brings up actual points, is Zak. Even if it is just a memejoke its still indicative of a lack of critical thinking on the subject.
>>
>>52806331

No, it's the norm. Complain about it all you want, but most people don't have the time or money to make sure everything's OK.

The Seers don't just buy in, they actively support. They aren't the same thing. The Seers are the people choosing to engage in corrupt practices, not those who support because they don't bother looking.
>>
>>52806454
I guarantee if it was there you would've led with it. Bye tho.
>>
>>52806386
That's why I've been actively advocating violent revolt for longer than I've encouraged non-voting to stop perpetuating the system. It just doesn't do me any good till other people start agreeing.
>>
>>52806465
Do you mean "If it wasn't"?
>>
>>52806533
I incorrectly assumed you knew anything about LARP because you were running your mouth about it, that was my mistake. Bai.
>>
>>52806515

>don't have the time or money

If you have a computer and an hour free, you have the time. Like... Right now, you could be looking this stuff up. But you aren't. Neither am I.

The idea that we're helpless in the face of all-consuming power is a part of the Lie. That it hurts you to try and be ethical isn't, but it's definitely something the Seers try and enforce.

>>52806536

I cannot endorse violence, but this is definitely more consistent, at least.

>>52806544

Nah. Syntax. They said "It's just a formality", so I said "If it were, people wouldn't bother trying to control it".

>>52806488

Zak, please go
>>
>>52806536
Fucking anarchists.
>>
>>52806415

If you stir up shit to the point where your fans stalk the people you shit talk, you're responsible. If he doesn't know what he starts by now, he's either wilfully ignorant or in denial.

>>52806488

>lack of critical thinking

He's been caught sockpuppeting or being so stupid that he let one of his roommates sockpuppet to hype him up on the internet. Multiple people have reported identity theft attacks and being harassed as soon as they even get into a polite disagreement with the man. A White Wolf writer got run out of the industry because he escalated it to that point.

Either he's right and every one of those people are "Salieris" bandwagoning in a conspiracy against him because they can't handle his True Blue takes on fandom and Leftism, or at best he's an enabler to at least one fan who is a stalker.

Just because he has plausible deniability doesn't mean that there isn't something there.
>>
>>52806621
I don't actually want anarchy, the current system is just too far up its own ass to change through any incremental process and is better off reconstructed without the baggage of currently existing senators, congressmen, and other politicians. The only real legal change would need to be things like campaign finance reform, that just requires a huge blood bath to get rid of the corruption first.
>>
>>52806653
>>
>>52806633
The law frankly doesn't agree with you, so I'm not sure why I (or any other legal entity, such as WW) should.
>>
>>52806633
>A White Wolf writer got run out of the industry because he escalated it to that point.
He choose to quit because he doesn't think his political opponents should be able to have jobs. It was merely hill sticking to his political guns, not anything Zak did that led to Hills departure.
>>
>>52806236
>At least Zak's work is entertainingly bad. Dave is just shit.

Excuse me? I dont see how vampire crusaders that karate chop people in the neck isnt the textbook definition of fun? Or the fighting the supernatural with a phone´s camera, that level or stupidity can only be found not made on purpose.

Also, the whole Waifu thing was hilarious.
>>
>>52806774
>Also, the whole Waifu thing was hilarious.

What's this now? Hill have a daki or something?
>>
>>52806774

No idea what you're talking about here, I just know Hill was responsible for the excerable tokyo blurbs.
>>
File: 13th amendement.jpg (335KB, 617x2167px) Image search: [Google]
13th amendement.jpg
335KB, 617x2167px
>>52806996
I thought everyone knew of it already.
>>
>>52807022
Oh fucking wow. I wish this kind of shit would happen to SJWs more often.
>>
>>52806683

Not Hill, I'm talking about an Exalted writer who got doxxed and left the industry over the 5e consultancy stuff.

>>52806668

Either all of those people are lying in a conspiracy against him or there is something there. At best, he's not a stalker, only someone who posts things that get people to regularly stalk his subjects which either makes him the biggest idiot on the internet or morally responsible. At worst, he knows how to keep his nose clean, because it's really easy to do on the internet.

Either way, he is not someone who should be hired on the first outing of your new IP. That his material was pretty bad is one thing, but White Wolf willingly drove themselves into a PR crisis and didn't even bother to handle it correctly. It's not a good sign for their future outings.
>>
>>52807022
It's funny, because diasporic Japanese people, from what I've seen, have gotten quite pissed at Japanese people living in Japan telling them how they, in turn, should feel about racial issues (see the Ghost in the Shell kerfuffle). Which would leave Hill's remarks, assuming they're directed at Westerners in general, still standing on fairly solid ground.
>>
>>52807107
>Which would leave Hill's remarks, assuming they're directed at Westerners in general, still standing on fairly solid ground.

Not really. He's just flat out wrong about it and got rightly corrected by somebody with actual knowledge.
>>
>>52807001
>that level or stupidity can only be found not made on purpose.

David hill made recent "contributions" to Chrod were Secrets of the covenants as book with, as usual, shitty balanced mechanics and one of them is fighting style for the lancea sactum which gives reduces the penalty to karate chop people in the neck.

"Crusade (• to •••, Style)
Silence (••): The voice is often the seat of sorcery. For this reason, crusaders train to strike for the enemy’s vocal chords first. If your character targets the enemy’s throat, she suffers no penalties due to the targeted attack. If successful, the attack silences the enemy, which may prevent him from casting spells or using some Disciplines so long as the damage remains."

And another of his contributions was hurt locker which had a supernatural template name the "Plain" pacifist Amish who have a blog and cancel supernatural power by threatening to post them on the internet"

Say what you will about David hill, he is one of the worst developers in OPP/WW history along with the guy from gypsies, euthanatos revised or CoG revised but he is as entertaining as tommy wiseau.
>>
>>52807105
>I'm talking about an Exalted writer who got doxxed and left the industry over the 5e consultancy stuff.

Huh, never heard about that.
>>
Could a Solar Exalted take on an Archmage?
>>
>>52807371

Archmage wins, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>52807371
1e: Archmage
2e: Solar
2.5e: Archmage
3e: Archmage

Basically it falls down to whether or not perfect spam is available.
>>
File: yeahhh mages.gif (767KB, 463x343px) Image search: [Google]
yeahhh mages.gif
767KB, 463x343px
>>52805044
>all of which is defendable using Prime or its relative Arcanum

Bitch please
>>
>>52807371
>>52807725

The Archmage would just Unmake the Solar.
>>
>>52808146
The nature of Exalted perfect defenses makes it so that they work even in the face of things that negate applicability. However in all editions but 2e, they're not easy to use and are a significant resource tax.
>>
>>52807371
The highest theoretical Archmaster vs the highest theoretical Solar Exalt?

The wizard wins. No question.
>>
>>52805945
>>52806047
There aren't a lot of people who care about "problematic" representations in a fucking make-believe fantasy game. I don't get why the sticking point is a stereotyped gypsy, instead of the violent ways to rape and murder people in the game.

Let me repeat my point: people are bitching about an unrealistic portrayal of a certain group in a game about WEREWOLF CAPTAIN PLANET DEFENDERS FIGHTING A MEGA-CORPORATION CONTROLLED BY NEGATIVE ENERGY. Who really gives a shit if things aren't real-world accurate? Nobody is being hurt, marginalized, discriminated against, etc. because WW/OPP made a "romanticized" portrayal of a group. Not every little fucking thing in an RPG book needs to have a 1:1 correlation to the real world. If you don't like how something is in a book, Rule 0 it. Change it. Or just don't play the damn game.

That Paradox is involved makes it more ironic, because there were people bitching about how women were treated in a game literally taking place in 11th century medieval Europe.
>>
>>52805944
>>52806297
>implying I was that poster
Also, if you're too retarded to see the difference between 20th century hippies and 21st century progressives that's not my problem.
>>
>>52808342
>If you don't like how something is in a book, Rule 0 it. Change it.
Uh, isn't that exactly what's happening?
>>
>>52808312
There was once a previous discussion regarding an Arete 9-10 Archmage taking on the Unconquered Sun. I think it was on SpaceBattles?

The Archmage won by dumping him in eternal torment. Invulnerability worked against him, painfully.
>>
>>52808366
You know what I mean. The person house-rules it, like, say, that Detroit MU that disappeared from inactivity six months after opening.. Not the game company overhauling it for a small minority.

But WW recreating the books and expecting people to like their heavy-handed changes to core game theme is laughable. People funded and bought X20 because they wanted a collection of all the key parts of the old books in one.
>>
>>52808458
Then... use Rule 0 your own dang self if you're so in love with the Ravnos or whatever? Your solution to other people's offense completely undermines your justification for your own. People who give that much of a shit about it will remember it.
>>
>>52808481
>Then... use Rule 0 your own dang self if you're so in love with the Ravnos or whatever?
Because the book's already written one way? Hell, why use the book at all if you'll just make up your own rules? :^)

I have a better idea, I just won't buy it. WW will tank in sales, and they'll leave it to their betters at OPP to get things done.
>>
>>52808510
But this is a new book; it's not like they're using time magic to erase the old one from continuity.

And don't you people constantly bitch about sidebars and whatnot in OPP books anyway?
>>
>>52808357

It's the exact same shit, but now the internet exists and we're far away enough from the sixties that the Marxists and hippies became liberals instead, so the hippies didn't seem so bad.
>>
>>52808545
>But this is a new book; it's not like they're using time magic to erase the old one from continuity.
No, but it's based in the same setting, and the new owners want to change things. It's essentially Disney's Star Wars.

>And don't you people constantly bitch about sidebars and whatnot in OPP books anyway?
I bitch about sidebars when the authors of said sidebars bitch on the forums about having tight word counts and limited space, so they had to cut key features of a template from the main book.

You know, to make room for zhe/zher and genderfluidity.
>>
>>52808572
I don't know about you, but I rather like hearing about how different cultures manage things like that. I also seriously question how many "key features" could really be cut based on sidebars that, at the absolute most, might collectively take up a page.
>>
>>52808381
>The Archmage won by dumping him in eternal torment

Huh, it was my understanding that this is a normal day for the UCS when he's not snorting divine crack.
>>
File: 5th ed.jpg (119KB, 635x495px) Image search: [Google]
5th ed.jpg
119KB, 635x495px
>>52808626
> I rather like hearing about how different cultures manage things like that.
It's not that interesting when it's the exact same talking points you could take from any number of liberal writers on the topic. They just said "mages are so magical so it'd be stupid not to" or "mummies are so old and foreign and if you think pronouns are bad in a game about MURDER you're wrong"

See, now D&D did it correctly.
>>
>>52808713
And it doesn't even come off as preachy and condescending. Amazing.
>>
File: wolf pregnancy.jpg (33KB, 315x312px) Image search: [Google]
wolf pregnancy.jpg
33KB, 315x312px
>>52808746
Unlike the writers of a certain other system. We get a bunch of preach, and the remark that because werewolves can change gender, they can still get pregnant.

You know, in case you're that one person who decided he wanted to play a male pregnant werewolf and just wasn't sure if you should be allowed to.

Meanwhile, they're complaining they couldn't include as much about the Pure in Werewolf 2e because space was just so tight already. I mean, it isn't much, but cut the stupid border, margin spacing, and header text, and you could include a sentence or two about each one of the Pure tribes, say for their totem, or practices, or something.
>>
>>52808626

Well, missing from M20 due to "lack of space" we miss: "Merits and flaws", rules to resonance from revised, rules to spirits, rules for spirits and basically everything else in book of secrets I. And we will never get sorcerers 20th.

Fuck i got so bad i am currently studying how to edit PDFs just to make my own rule book of mage with the "good parts" of M20.
>>
Could a Hunter kill an Archmage?
>>
>>52808812
>Meanwhile, they're complaining they couldn't include as much about the Pure in Werewolf 2e because space was just so tight already.

Fuck they could just cut down 1 of the indigams just to make space for the Pure gifts because sure as fuck i am gonna use more the pure than the Idigam which is just final boss of the campaign.

Cut down tokyo because, who the fuck plays wod in tokyo so much, beside weaboos like david hill, and give me more meat for the Host.

We got 5 preys and materials for just 3 of them (Humans, Spirits and claimed)
>>
>>52808972

I wanted a tokyo setting, just not Hill's turdbomb of a setting. Like a "Shadows of Tokyo" book with at least one indigenous writer.
>>
File: ZE ZI ZO ZUM.png (179KB, 755x171px) Image search: [Google]
ZE ZI ZO ZUM.png
179KB, 755x171px
>>
>>52809229
BUt he's an ex-pat in with the cool people who know weird shit in Tokyo, like his grocery man who told him 'something bad will happen' and 'my family can feel the Fukushima radiation on the wind'.
>>
>>52809311

ZHE ZI ZHER ZIPPITY ZOP COSBY WIT DA ROOFIES

How's that for a paradigm shift, Satyros? A likable old man referenced in the Mage player's guide turns out to be a serial rapist

>>52809336
Sixteen year old me could shit a better tokyo setting and i've never been
>>
>>52803822
That is one hell of an unfounded statement.
At most, they might set the default generation to 13th, instead of 12th. There's no way they're gonna force you to play someone whose blood is so thin they only nominally qualify as Kindred, though.
>>
>>52809899
The default generation in V20 is already thirteenth, iirc. It's twelfth in V20DA though.
>>
>>52809899
The only thing they've released teased a Second Inquisition which has driven into hiding, or destroyed, many elders, leaving the Neonates and Ancillae to run the night.
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.